A Lich, a Book and Death

Oct 03 23:08:19 <E4D> <All right… everyone… keep it nice and cool, check your targets, pick 'em smart, and once you start shootin', don't stop until it hits the floor. I don't wanna lose no one tonight, okay?>
Oct 03 23:09:05 <Salmander> "Boss, who are our targets?"
Oct 03 23:09:09 <Tom90deg> <Got it.>
Oct 03 23:09:35 <Tom90deg> "Vampire and a Litch, but primary, I think, is to get their book. Corect me if i'm wrong…"
Oct 03 23:09:37 * Sage (~ten.tsacmoc.ac.1dsh.E4B78136-CRInys|esaCH#ten.tsacmoc.ac.1dsh.E4B78136-CRInys|esaCH) has joined #afteractionmission
Oct 03 23:10:11 <Soulless> "What do they look like?"
Oct 03 23:10:32 <E4D> «The doctor that saved me that night in the LAV, his consort, and some bugs. The book is *priority*. Once we get that, we're burnin' that motherfucker down and exfiltrating back through the Way.»
Oct 03 23:10:57 <Gerald> «Is there no guarantee that he can follow us?»
Oct 03 23:11:11 <Tom90deg> «That's what the explosives are for.»
Oct 03 23:11:55 <Salmander> «Why don't you send me n' Zoe n' Charon in to get the book, then you can shoot down the whole place?»
Oct 03 23:12:04 <E4D> «If he follows us, we get our asses back to the vics, and drive away guns blazing.»
Oct 03 23:12:46 <Maddy> «What about the h-hostages?»
Oct 03 23:13:02 <E4D> «We get'em out if they're well and we can.»
Oct 03 23:13:06 <Tom90deg> «That sounds good. We could still scout it out before we assault.»
Oct 03 23:14:12 <Gerald> «Stealth for once? Instead of simply shooting everything we dislike? My, but this Convoy has grown.»
Oct 03 23:14:37 <Tom90deg> «Heh….»
Oct 03 23:14:51 * Soulless has quit (Ping timeout)
Oct 03 23:15:17 * Tox1 is now known as Tox
Oct 03 23:15:22 * Soulless (~ude.olaffub.tenser.2DD3A1EB-CRInys|sselluoS#ude.olaffub.tenser.2DD3A1EB-CRInys|sselluoS) has joined #afteractionmission
Oct 03 23:15:23 <E4D> Jason scans the area surrounding the Opera House.
Oct 03 23:17:17 <Nioki> Alanoch scans the area around the convoy, just waiting for something unpleasant to happen.
Oct 03 23:17:42 <Sabitsuki> The harbor lights flicker on and off intermittently. The soft thuds of the Stalkerfly's footsteps are audible, but they sound like they're in the distance. There appears to be nothing else out of the ordinary.
Oct 03 23:18:37 <Gerald> «Now, the exit off this damned continent is in the basement, yes? Do we know where this books is being held?»
Oct 03 23:18:43 <E4D> <Bring us on in.>
Oct 03 23:18:50 <E4D> «Yeah. In Germany.»
Oct 03 23:19:03 <Maddy> Alice nods bringing the LAV to a stop.
Oct 03 23:19:21 <Tom90deg> "Where's the stage entrance…"
Oct 03 23:19:34 <Maddy> <In the basement.>
Oct 03 23:19:56 <Tom90deg> "I mean the stage entrance for the actors, should be around back or something, right?"
Oct 03 23:20:41 <Salmander> Redd watches whatever he can see from Jason's back
Oct 03 23:21:04 <E4D> <Drop the ramp. Let's be out.>
Oct 03 23:21:15 <Maddy> <There's not really a back to this place.> Alice drops the ramp.
Oct 03 23:21:17 <Gerald> «And the knock for this way?»
Oct 03 23:21:29 * Dawny (~ten.sndomt.E1B8BF0C-CRInys|alliztahc#ten.sndomt.E1B8BF0C-CRInys|alliztahc) has joined #afteractionmission
Oct 03 23:21:34 <Tom90deg> "Heh, never been here before. Lead the way…"
Oct 03 23:21:37 <Dexanote> Shank gets out.
Oct 03 23:21:51 <Maddy> <Me neither.>
Oct 03 23:21:58 <E4D> Jason drops from the turret, and tromps down the ramp, rifle up, checking for bugs.
Oct 03 23:21:58 <Maddy> Alice get out too,
Oct 03 23:22:03 <Dawny> Kay steps out and puts on the medkit.
Oct 03 23:22:11 <Gerald> Charon pulls himself out, keeping mind not to explodify himself.
Oct 03 23:22:28 <Salmander> Redd goes wherever Jason does, always watching
Oct 03 23:22:42 <Nioki> Alanoch climbs out.
Oct 03 23:23:02 <E4D> <Nice and quick.> The 240's up, swinging wide as they approach the building.
Oct 03 23:23:09 <Sabitsuki> There are…no bugs. It is quiet.
Oct 03 23:23:20 <Dexanote> "Aight so."
Oct 03 23:23:23 <Tom90deg> "Where's the door? I can open it up quietly."
Oct 03 23:23:26 <Soulless> Alicel is following Charon.
Oct 03 23:23:45 <Maddy> Alice follows close to Jason.
Oct 03 23:24:21 <Salmander> Redd scans the horizon behind them with the PDW.
Oct 03 23:24:52 <Sabitsuki> Nothing but buildings and broken lights.
Oct 03 23:25:07 <Nioki> "Charon and I could scout ahead. I believe we are the most proficient at avoiding notice."
Oct 03 23:25:22 <E4D> <Go for it.>
Oct 03 23:25:34 <Tom90deg> "Shall I come?"
Oct 03 23:25:36 <Gerald> "Gladly."
Oct 03 23:25:40 <Salmander> "You sayin' I ain't any good?"
Oct 03 23:25:50 <Nioki> 4df+4 Luxomancy maneuver -> Stealth
Oct 03 23:25:51 <Glacon> Nioki: Luxomancy maneuver -> Stealth: 4 (4df+4=0, -, 0, +)
Oct 03 23:25:59 <Gerald> 4df+4 STEALTH FOR THE STEALTH GOD
Oct 03 23:26:00 <Tom90deg> "We'll get it next time Redd."
Oct 03 23:26:00 <Glacon> Gerald: STEALTH FOR THE STEALTH GOD: 4 (4df+4=0, -, 0, +)
Oct 03 23:26:02 <Nioki> Alanoch blinks out of sight.
Oct 03 23:26:07 <Nioki> 4df+6 Stealth
Oct 03 23:26:09 <Glacon> Nioki: Stealth: 5 (4df+6=0, -, 0, 0)
Oct 03 23:26:13 <Salmander> "Eh, well, fuck it."
Oct 03 23:26:15 <Gerald> Charon might as well have.
Oct 03 23:26:32 <Nioki> "You talk too much," says the empty space where Alanoch just stood.
Oct 03 23:26:56 <Sabitsuki> The doors are closed. A heavy padlocked chain is wrapped around the handles.
Oct 03 23:27:52 <Nioki> Alanoch looks around for a different way in.
Oct 03 23:28:11 <Gerald> Charon quietly sets his ears up against the doors. Vibrations, noise?
Oct 03 23:28:55 <Sabitsuki> There's a very faint clicking noise that stops soon after he sets his ear to the door.
Oct 03 23:29:23 <Gerald> He slowly and quietly backs away, shaking his head while looking at the door.
Oct 03 23:29:28 <E4D> Jason waves his hand, attempting to catch Charon's eye.
Oct 03 23:29:32 <Sabitsuki> There's a emergency exit door off to the left of the main doors.
Oct 03 23:29:35 <Gerald> He looks.
Oct 03 23:30:04 <E4D> He slings the machine gun, putting his hands together and pulling them apart, waving his fingers.
Oct 03 23:30:21 <E4D> He points at his eyes with two fingers, then turns them in a 180.
Oct 03 23:30:52 <Gerald> "…." Charon backs away from the doors.
Oct 03 23:31:28 <Gerald> Charon nods, then goes to follow Alanoch
Oct 03 23:31:51 <Nioki> Alanoch walks to the emergency exit door, and listens at the side.
Oct 03 23:32:06 <Sabitsuki> It is quiet.
Oct 03 23:32:31 <Tom90deg> Zoe wispers to Jason, "If he opens that, alarm is gonna sound…Can you disable it from the outside?"
Oct 03 23:34:17 <Gerald> Charon looks around. Any other doors or windows?
Oct 03 23:34:26 <Soulless> Alicel is watching everything with curiousity, seeing if he could be useful for anything.
Oct 03 23:34:30 <E4D> Jason turns the speakers off and presses the front of his helmet against the side of her head. |There's usually a killswitch on the inside. A button you hold to keep it from going off if opened.|
Oct 03 23:34:48 <Tom90deg> "I can get to that. Heh, through the doors, remember?"
Oct 03 23:35:13 <Sabitsuki> No other doors or windows.
Oct 03 23:35:56 <Nioki> Alanoch looks for gaps around the edge of the door that he can look though.
Oct 03 23:36:11 <Tom90deg> "Where's the button normaly?"
Oct 03 23:36:43 <E4D> |Side of the bar facing the door. Or the underside toward the hinges.|
Oct 03 23:37:31 <Tom90deg> "Right. Shall I?"
Oct 03 23:37:50 <E4D> |Go for it.|
Oct 03 23:37:56 <Sabitsuki> No gaps, pretty solid state of the art door.
Oct 03 23:38:28 <Tom90deg> Zoe quietly moves up to the main doors
Oct 03 23:38:31 <Tom90deg> 4df+4
Oct 03 23:38:32 <Glacon> Tom90deg: 4 (4df+4=0, -, +, 0)
Oct 03 23:38:54 <Tom90deg> She looks through them, just making sure there's nothing in the way of a teleport.
Oct 03 23:39:23 <Gerald> Charon looks to her, and nods, motioning at the door.
Oct 03 23:39:41 <Tom90deg> Zoe nods and concentrates, teleporting to the other side of the doors (one fate point)
Oct 03 23:39:51 <Sabitsuki> Nothing apparent. The door to the basement is visible on the right, along with a door to the left that leads to the balconies. The stage lights are turned off, making it difficult to see into the actual theater.
Oct 03 23:40:08 <Tom90deg> She looks around in the darkness, moveing towards the emergency door, looking for a button to disable the alarm.
Oct 03 23:40:57 <Sabitsuki> It's there, on the underside.
Oct 03 23:41:14 <Tom90deg> Zoe carefully presses it in and holding it and her breath, pushes the door open.
Oct 03 23:41:19 * Doctor_Light (ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.5300FD19-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.5300FD19-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
Oct 03 23:41:24 <Sabitsuki> It opens.
Oct 03 23:41:42 <Sabitsuki> No alarm sounds.
Oct 03 23:41:42 <E4D> |In, quickly. Everyone. Go, go, go.|
Oct 03 23:41:49 <Gerald> Charon sidles in, quickly giving a quick thumbs up to Zoe.
Oct 03 23:41:49 <Tom90deg> Zoe pushes it open wide, holding the button.
Oct 03 23:42:00 <Tom90deg> Zoe winks, holding the button for dear life.
Oct 03 23:42:16 <Soulless> Alicel wanders in.
Oct 03 23:42:39 <E4D> Jason rummages through his buttpack, pulling out a roll of green 100-mph tape, and passes it to Zoe.
Oct 03 23:43:02 <Doctor_Light> And birdman was there too.
Oct 03 23:43:04 <Tom90deg> Zoe shakes her head "Might go off, we'll just close it an let go of the button."
Oct 03 23:43:06 <Nioki> Alanoch walks in quietly, invisible.
Oct 03 23:43:32 <Dexanote> Shank walks in.
Oct 03 23:44:03 <Tom90deg> "Come on come on…get in here…."
Oct 03 23:44:56 <Dawny> Kay steps in.
Oct 03 23:45:24 <Salmander> Redd's still on Jason's back - watching his bac
Oct 03 23:45:31 <Gerald> Charon looks around the stadium, hoping his eyes can adjust to the darkness and get a quick idea of what's inside it.
Oct 03 23:45:34 <Gerald> 4df Eyes
Oct 03 23:45:35 <Glacon> Gerald: Eyes: 2 (4df=+, 0, +, 0)
Oct 03 23:45:35 <Tom90deg> "Everyone in, good…"
Oct 03 23:45:54 <Tom90deg> Zoe carefully closes the door and gestures to jason for the tape.
Oct 03 23:45:55 <Nioki> 4df+4 Better eyes.
Oct 03 23:45:56 <Glacon> Nioki: Better eyes.: 4 (4df+4=0, -, 0, +)
Oct 03 23:45:58 <E4D> Jason takes it from her, breaks a long section off and wraps it aroung the top, pushing her finger away as he circle it around, taking it in several tight wraps around the handle.
Oct 03 23:46:01 <Doctor_Light> Birdy walks in as well. For the occasion, he's feathered and just a little indistinct- a trail of shadows seems to follow him on the floor.
Oct 03 23:46:23 <Tom90deg> "Sorry, worried it'd still activate. But eh, got us in, eh?"
Oct 03 23:46:35 <Sabitsuki> The lack of lights on the stage make it impossible to actually discern what is on the stage, but the stadium is empty.
Oct 03 23:46:51 <Tom90deg> Zoe looks around the gloom. Basement, right?"
Oct 03 23:46:55 <E4D> He eases the door closed, and flicks on his NVGs.
Oct 03 23:47:24 <Maddy> Alice is still following. Follow follow.
Oct 03 23:47:32 <Doctor_Light> Birdy tilts his head and listens.
Oct 03 23:48:03 <Dawny> Kay takes Jason's left flank.
Oct 03 23:48:45 <Dexanote> Shank's lights flicker. He pulls a clotha round his head.
Oct 03 23:49:10 <Tom90deg> Zoe looks around for any kind of a map. "Anyone know how we get to the basement?"
Oct 03 23:49:38 <Sabitsuki> Jason will see exactly 13 human bodies are hanging from the rafters, nooses around their necks. They are arranged in a circle, facing each other, as their toes barely scrap the stage floor.
Oct 03 23:49:52 <E4D> |Bodies.
Oct 03 23:50:03 <E4D> Mutilation? Ritual disfigurement?
Oct 03 23:50:13 <Sabitsuki> No. Just hangin' out.
Oct 03 23:50:20 <Tom90deg> "Where?"
Oct 03 23:50:28 <Nioki> Alanoch brightens light as it reaches his eyes.
Oct 03 23:50:28 <Sabitsuki> there's a theater map next to the door to the left
Oct 03 23:50:45 <Tom90deg> Zoe checks out the map. "Over here, map…"
Oct 03 23:50:52 <Dexanote> Shank looks up.
Oct 03 23:51:25 <Gerald> Charon hangs by the walls, moving towards the map. Black suit covers most of his body, so he shouldn't be too hard to hide.
Oct 03 23:51:35 <Sabitsuki> The map indicates the door on the left leads to the balconies; the door on the right leads to the basement and storage areas.
Oct 03 23:52:25 <E4D> Jason puts his back to the wall, changing hands on the 240. |Ready when you are. Who's got my back?|
Oct 03 23:52:29 <Tom90deg> "Guys, to the right. Basement and storage…"
Oct 03 23:52:35 <Sabitsuki> There's a loud thud as one of the rope snaps and the body of a older man flops to the floor.
Oct 03 23:52:46 <Tom90deg> Zoe jumps, "What was that?"
Oct 03 23:52:48 <Gerald> "Lovely." A whisper, naturally.
Oct 03 23:52:48 <Maddy> <I g-got you, hun.>
Oct 03 23:52:54 <Dawny> "I'm on left"
Oct 03 23:53:16 <Tom90deg> Zoe follows to the right door.
Oct 03 23:53:20 <Doctor_Light> Birdy crouches, then snakes towards the body, curious.
Oct 03 23:54:13 <Sabitsuki> There's a lump under the man's shirt.
Oct 03 23:54:16 <Salmander> Redd holds the PDW up, scanning the area.
Oct 03 23:54:44 <E4D> Jason looks back. |Birdie?|
Oct 03 23:54:58 <Doctor_Light> Birdy stands up.
Oct 03 23:55:04 <E4D> |Don't touch *nothin'*.|
Oct 03 23:55:12 <E4D> |This bitch likes IEDs.|
Oct 03 23:55:25 <Doctor_Light> "Something in his shirt. Stuck there."
Oct 03 23:55:37 <Tom90deg> "Don't touch it…it might be a bomb."
Oct 03 23:56:07 <Gerald> "Why plant a bomb upon something intended to be strung from the ceiling?"
Oct 03 23:56:25 <Doctor_Light> Birdy nods, then looks up.
Oct 03 23:56:31 <Doctor_Light> "Not hung very well."
Oct 03 23:56:34 <Nioki> Alanoch looks up at where the body dropped from. That was some remarkable timing.
Oct 03 23:56:42 <E4D> |If it's that important, we can check it on the way out.|
Oct 03 23:56:45 * Sage breaks out of his stupor and follows, now paying attention and not being a zombie.
Oct 03 23:56:58 <Tom90deg> "Agreed. Something tells me on the way out, we're not going to be as sneaky."
Oct 03 23:57:02 <Doctor_Light> He bobs his head, and obediently backs away.
Oct 03 23:57:16 <Sabitsuki> Nothing on the rafters but dust and sandbags.
Oct 03 23:58:47 <Gerald> Charon nods, then follows Zoe.
Oct 03 23:58:48 * Sage is covering the left forard with his cqb.
Oct 03 23:58:59 <Nioki> "It fell once we were here. Probably a message, given the timing. Which means we're being watched."
Oct 03 23:59:04 <Maddy> Alice is doing whatever.
Oct 03 23:59:21 <Tom90deg> "Great…"
Oct 03 23:59:31 <Doctor_Light> "Maybe not." Birdy is looking around again, especially at the ceiling.
Oct 03 23:59:35 <E4D> |Possibility. Let's get through here. Zoe?|
Oct 03 23:59:48 <Maddy> <Can we just go.>
Oct 03 23:59:59 <Dexanote> "Yeh."
Oct 04 00:00:07 <Tom90deg> "Yah?"
Oct 04 00:00:36 <E4D> |The door?|
Oct 04 00:01:34 <Tom90deg> "Locked? right, gimme a sec."
Oct 04 00:02:02 * Sage speaks in a low voice "Ready." He moves up to hinge side, scanning left and right and keeping his weapon at low ready.
Oct 04 00:02:30 <Tom90deg> Zoe looks around the door for anything odd
Oct 04 00:02:36 <Tom90deg> 4df+2 Traps!
Oct 04 00:02:37 <Glacon> Tom90deg: Traps!: 3 (4df+2=+, 0, -, +)
Oct 04 00:02:49 <Soulless> Alicel is playing with one of his knives, scanning around to see if there is anything odd other than the bodies.
Oct 04 00:03:01 <Sabitsuki> 4df+4
Oct 04 00:03:02 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: 6 (4df+4=+, +, 0, 0)
Oct 04 00:03:18 <Sabitsuki> There is absolutely nothing wrong with the lock.
Oct 04 00:03:31 <Tom90deg> Zoe nods, comfortable in her search and starts to work.
Oct 04 00:03:38 <Gerald> Charon is, keep in mind, a good ten feet behind Zoe.
Oct 04 00:03:38 <Tom90deg> 4df+4 Pickin the lock!
Oct 04 00:03:39 <Glacon> Tom90deg: Pickin the lock!: 6 (4df+4=0, +, 0, +)
Oct 04 00:04:17 <Nioki> Alanoch keeps himself hidden, watching as much of the room at once as he can.
Oct 04 00:04:53 <Sabitsuki> Zoe, please roll physical defense.
Oct 04 00:05:04 <Tom90deg> 4df+4
Oct 04 00:05:05 <Glacon> Tom90deg: 3 (4df+4=0, -, -, +)
Oct 04 00:05:33 <Sabitsuki> 4df+4
Oct 04 00:05:34 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: 5 (4df+4=-, 0, +, +)
Oct 04 00:07:05 <Sabitsuki> There's a quiet *tick*, and the sound of a flame being ignited. Green flame leaps from the lock and engulfs Zoe's hands and arms.
Oct 04 00:07:30 <Sabitsuki> It hurts, to say the least.
Oct 04 00:07:30 <Gerald> "Oh my."
Oct 04 00:07:50 <Tom90deg> "Gggghhh!"
Oct 04 00:08:04 <E4D> Jason grabs her collar, trying to pull her to the floor.
Oct 04 00:08:16 * Sage rips his shooting blanket from his back and throws it over her.
Oct 04 00:08:21 <Tom90deg> Zoe franticaly pats a her arms, putting out any stray flames
Oct 04 00:08:25 <Dexanote> Shank steps back.
Oct 04 00:08:38 <Tom90deg> "Damn damn damn….I'm ok, just a bit cooked."
Oct 04 00:08:50 <Tom90deg> "That hurt like a bitch…."
Oct 04 00:09:08 <Sabitsuki> The fire goes out easily, and there are dark black patches on Zoe's arms and hands.
Oct 04 00:09:13 <Doctor_Light> Birdy runs over to the others.
Oct 04 00:09:40 <Gerald> Charon watches. "Do you think it shall trip again, or only once?"
Oct 04 00:09:54 <Tom90deg> "Bloody hell…" Zoe looks at the dark patches. "I don't know…Id imagine only once. Why don't you try?"
Oct 04 00:10:00 <Sabitsuki> The door swings open.
Oct 04 00:10:02 * Sage pulls the blankey back as the flames are out, and starts to roll it back up.
Oct 04 00:10:05 <Nioki> "THey definitely know that we are here."
Oct 04 00:10:12 <Dexanote> "An… here… we… go."
Oct 04 00:10:30 <Gerald> Charon stretches his bed. Time to pull the wings off of some flies.
Oct 04 00:10:39 <Soulless> Alicel peers in to see if there is anything, anything in there to worry about.
Oct 04 00:10:44 <E4D> Jason pushes up with a hand, scooting back on his ass, bringing the 240 up to point at the door.
Oct 04 00:10:48 * Sage brings his weapon up, looking in the door.
Oct 04 00:10:50 <Soulless> 4df+2 peering
Oct 04 00:10:51 <Glacon> Soulless: peering: 2 (4df+2=-, +, 0, 0)
Oct 04 00:11:07 * Sage is on the left side, checking the right side of whatever is beyond the door that he can see.
Oct 04 00:11:08 <Tom90deg> "Someone else get the next one."
Oct 04 00:11:23 <Tom90deg> Zoe stands up, flexing her arms and hadns, rubbing at the dark splotches.
Oct 04 00:11:28 <E4D> Jason crawls to the other side and peeks into the door. Come on NVGs.
Oct 04 00:11:39 <E4D> 4df+5
Oct 04 00:11:40 <Glacon> E4D: 5 (4df+5=+, -, +, -)
Oct 04 00:11:43 * Sage flips his down also, scanning, scanning.
Oct 04 00:12:08 <Sabitsuki> The spots don't disappear.
Oct 04 00:12:10 <Sage> 4df+5
Oct 04 00:12:11 <Glacon> Sage: 5 (4df+5=0, -, +, 0)
Oct 04 00:12:25 <Tom90deg> Zoe follows. "These arn't going away…have to have midnight look at it later…"
Oct 04 00:12:28 <Gerald> Charon peers in, from behind them.
Oct 04 00:12:32 <Gerald> 4df Eyes?
Oct 04 00:12:32 <Glacon> Gerald: Eyes?: 0 (4df=-, +, -, +)
Oct 04 00:12:42 <Sabitsuki> Nothing but stairs down from this way on. Graffiti on the wall advertises that it is "turtles all the way down", however.
Oct 04 00:12:45 <Tom90deg> 4df+2
Oct 04 00:12:46 <Glacon> Tom90deg: 1 (4df+2=-, 0, 0, 0)
Oct 04 00:12:56 <Salmander> Redd watches the back
Oct 04 00:12:57 <E4D> |Turtles?|
Oct 04 00:13:02 <Gerald> "Who wishes to descend into the abyss?" You could swear he has a smirk.
Oct 04 00:13:05 <Doctor_Light> 4df+3
Oct 04 00:13:06 <Glacon> Doctor_Light: 3 (4df+3=+, -, -, +)
Oct 04 00:13:07 <Tom90deg> "Pssh…it's not turtules all the way down. It's a turtle. It swims."
Oct 04 00:13:07 <Maddy> Alice shrugs.
Oct 04 00:13:09 <Doctor_Light> "Are they down there…?"
Oct 04 00:13:30 <Sage> "I fucking hate clearing stairs."
Oct 04 00:13:57 <Nioki> "Roll something down them first."
Oct 04 00:14:10 <Dexanote> "Where's the cat?"
Oct 04 00:14:20 <Soulless> Alicel kicks a rock down the stairs.
Oct 04 00:14:21 <Gerald> "Turtles. Hard back, slow, careful, perhaps. Or some australian slang."
Oct 04 00:14:54 <E4D> 4df+5 Jason flicks the IR flashlight on, checking for tripwires on the stairs.
Oct 04 00:14:54 <Glacon> E4D: Jason flicks the IR flashlight on, checking for tripwires on the stairs.: 3 (4df+5=-, -, -, +)
Oct 04 00:14:59 <Dexanote> Shank twitches.
Oct 04 00:15:02 <Dexanote> "… Uh."
Oct 04 00:15:04 <Dexanote> "… Fuck."
Oct 04 00:15:17 <Gerald> "Oh?"
Oct 04 00:15:20 <Tom90deg> "What?"
Oct 04 00:15:21 <Dexanote> "Someone take these, i'm bein pulled away." He drops the injectors
Oct 04 00:15:29 <Soulless> Alicel picks them up.
Oct 04 00:15:30 <Sabitsuki> Three tripwires - foot, torso, and head level.
Oct 04 00:15:43 <Sage> "Mother of fuck."
Oct 04 00:15:51 <Gerald> "What is it?"
Oct 04 00:16:10 <Dexanote> "Dead people. Many. Not 'ere, a-" He vanishes
Oct 04 00:16:22 <Sabitsuki> Alicel's kicked rock barely misses the lowest once, bouncing over it and down the dark stairs.
Oct 04 00:16:23 <E4D> "Okay…"
Oct 04 00:16:41 <Tom90deg> "Zoe shrugs and picks up the injectors. "What do you see Jason?"
Oct 04 00:16:45 <Soulless> Alicel hands one of the injectors to Charon. "Here. This may be of some use."
Oct 04 00:16:56 <Soulless> Alicel already has the injectors.
Oct 04 00:16:57 <E4D> |Robot, you do something else that makes noise like that and I'll fucking cut your goddamn head off.|
Oct 04 00:17:09 <Nioki> "I can provide light if we need it."
Oct 04 00:17:12 <Gerald> Charon takes them, placing them next to the Dusty Specials. "And what is on the stairs?"
Oct 04 00:17:16 <E4D> |Three tripwires. Head, chest, and foot level.
Oct 04 00:17:19 * Sage frowns, tight against the left.
Oct 04 00:17:23 <E4D> He passes Zoe his goggles.
Oct 04 00:17:26 * Dexanote has quit (Quit: Goodnight.)
Oct 04 00:17:30 <Doctor_Light> "I could cut them. Go look."
Oct 04 00:17:42 <Gerald> "Above and below each other, or three different intervals?"
Oct 04 00:17:43 <E4D> |Give those to Birdie.|
Oct 04 00:17:47 <Tom90deg> "Ehh…No good."
Oct 04 00:17:56 <Tom90deg> Zoe looks through em and hands the glasses to Birdman.
Oct 04 00:18:21 <Sabitsuki> They are not on different intervals.
Oct 04 00:19:21 <Tom90deg> "Can we slide under?"
Oct 04 00:19:41 <Maddy> <…theres one a foot level, so no.>
Oct 04 00:20:19 * Nioki_ (~ude.erihspmah.0083D481-CRInys|alliztahc#ude.erihspmah.0083D481-CRInys|alliztahc) has joined #afteractionmission
Oct 04 00:20:27 <Gerald> "How far apart are these wonderful devices?"
Oct 04 00:20:28 * Tox1 (~ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.D0676176-CRInys|agemO#ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.D0676176-CRInys|agemO) has joined #afteractionmission
Oct 04 00:20:37 <Tom90deg> "Well, what's the plan? I'm assuming there's not a switch marked "Lasers off" just a few feet away."
Oct 04 00:21:28 * Notify: Dodridge is online (SCP and Related Channels).
Oct 04 00:21:30 * Dodridge (PI.B08D965B.17C6AEC6.7D53AD95|tibbiM#PI.B08D965B.17C6AEC6.7D53AD95|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
Oct 04 00:21:39 <Soulless> "If you can show me the mechanism of their activation I may be able to disarm them if they are electronic."
Oct 04 00:21:42 * Doctor_Light has quit (thoth.hub.eu.synirc.net moonlight.se.eu.synirc.net)
Oct 04 00:21:42 * E4D has quit (thoth.hub.eu.synirc.net moonlight.se.eu.synirc.net)
Oct 04 00:21:42 * Notify: E4D is offline (SCP and Related Channels).
Oct 04 00:21:42 * Tox has quit (thoth.hub.eu.synirc.net moonlight.se.eu.synirc.net)
Oct 04 00:21:42 * Nioki has quit (thoth.hub.eu.synirc.net moonlight.se.eu.synirc.net)
Oct 04 00:21:42 * Heiden has quit (thoth.hub.eu.synirc.net moonlight.se.eu.synirc.net)
Oct 04 00:21:45 <Soulless> Alicel's whisperin.
Oct 04 00:21:56 * Nioki_ is now known as Nioki
Oct 04 00:22:56 * ChanServ sets mode +q #afteractionmission Dodridge
Oct 04 00:22:56 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Dodridge
Oct 04 00:25:17 <Soulless> "Does there appear to be a way to disarm these traps?"
Oct 04 00:26:07 <Tom90deg> "Don't know, can't see anything….I could get through it, but i don't how well i could disable it."
Oct 04 00:26:37 <Gerald> "Quite."
Oct 04 00:26:41 <Dodridge> "Check to see if they're powered, Alicel. Or shit, just look at how they're wired."
Oct 04 00:26:49 <Dodridge> "You might be able to get 'em."
Oct 04 00:27:15 * Light (ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.5300FD19-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.5300FD19-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
Oct 04 00:27:40 * Lurker has quit (Quit: )
Oct 04 00:28:41 <Soulless> 4df+2 How are these wires wired
Oct 04 00:28:41 <Glacon> Soulless: How are these wires wired: 2 (4df+2=+, -, -, +)
Oct 04 00:28:54 <Soulless> Alicel peers over to take a closer examination at one of the wires.
Oct 04 00:30:41 <Sabitsuki> The wires run up the wall slightly, leading into a steel box bolted to the wall slightly out of reach.
Oct 04 00:31:32 <Soulless> Alicel looks up. Bingo. "Can anyone hoist me up there?" He points to the steel box. "Be forewarned, I weigh over half of Bruce."
Oct 04 00:32:12 <Dodridge> Jason follows the robot's gaze, stepping forward, trying to keep away from the wires. He kneels out and away. |Up on mah shoulder.|
Oct 04 00:32:32 * Sage steps near them, keeping his weapon pointed down the stairs, covering them.
Oct 04 00:33:04 <Gerald> Charon waits, wondering what might be on the balconies.
Oct 04 00:33:13 <Soulless> Alicel hops on Jason's shoulder. He's heavy as fuck but can reach it now. Out comes the tools, he attempts to pry the box open and disable these wires.
Oct 04 00:33:20 <Soulless> 4df+6 tagging don't worry
Oct 04 00:33:20 <Glacon> Soulless: tagging don't worry: 5 (4df+6=-, -, +, 0)
Oct 04 00:33:34 <Sabitsuki> 4df+4
Oct 04 00:33:34 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: 1 (4df+4=-, -, 0, -)
Oct 04 00:34:20 <Sabitsuki> The wires are to safely be severed at this point. You snap them and they go taut, with nothing happening.
Oct 04 00:34:28 <Sabitsuki> *able to be safely
Oct 04 00:34:45 <Salmander> "So… uh… no bad guys yet… huh?"
Oct 04 00:34:59 <Soulless> So the wires are safely disarmed?
Oct 04 00:35:05 <Sabitsuki> yes
Oct 04 00:35:22 <Dodridge> |Martin, you're up.|
Oct 04 00:35:24 <Soulless> Alicel hops off. "They should be fine now."
Oct 04 00:35:25 <Gerald> "Shall we move now?"
Oct 04 00:35:33 <Tom90deg> "I'm right behind ya."
Oct 04 00:35:37 <Dodridge> |Get 'em, Charon.|
Oct 04 00:35:51 <Soulless> His toolbox of hands has retracted and he puts on his gloves again.
Oct 04 00:35:56 <Gerald> Charon moves, slinking between the wires and sliding through the darkness down the stairs.
Oct 04 00:36:02 <Gerald> 4df+4 Stealth for the stealth god
Oct 04 00:36:03 <Glacon> Gerald: Stealth for the stealth god: 5 (4df+4=0, +, 0, 0)
Oct 04 00:36:48 <Light> Birdman looks down, a ways behind charon, watching his path.
Oct 04 00:36:51 <Nioki> Alanoch stays to the side, still invisible, keeping an eye on the room at large. Especially the ceiling.
Oct 04 00:36:54 <Gerald> Jesus even his own party can barely see him.
Oct 04 00:37:06 <Tom90deg> Zoe follows, sneaky snake
Oct 04 00:37:09 <Tom90deg> 4df+4
Oct 04 00:37:10 <Glacon> Tom90deg: 3 (4df+4=+, -, 0, -)
Oct 04 00:37:18 <Sabitsuki> The trip down is easy, ending in hallway filled with various props and such for the theater. Oddly enough, there is a stage door set into the floor, instead of the ceiling.
Oct 04 00:37:29 <Sabitsuki> On the way down, more graffiti asks "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Oct 04 00:37:48 <Tom90deg> "That'd be it right there…And I think the grafitti artist was a fan of Terry Pratchett."
Oct 04 00:37:52 * Sage nods.
Oct 04 00:37:56 <Dodridge> |Who keeps the keepers?|
Oct 04 00:38:03 <Dodridge> |Guards?
Oct 04 00:38:05 <Tom90deg> "Who watches the watchmen"
Oct 04 00:38:08 * Sage is moving up, behind Charon, sneaky mcsneaky, weapon swinging slowly.
Oct 04 00:38:09 <Light> "Alan Moore."
Oct 04 00:38:12 <Tom90deg> "Or who guards the guards."
Oct 04 00:38:17 <Sage> 4df+3 NINJAS
Oct 04 00:38:17 <Glacon> Sage: NINJAS: 4 (4df+3=0, +, +, -)
Oct 04 00:38:43 <Gerald> "Oh, that is quite what the Insurgency feels about the GOC and Foundation, truthfully." Muted whispers.
Oct 04 00:38:47 <Tom90deg> "Well…Want to try to open the Way? I'm no expert, but midnight showed me a few knocks."
Oct 04 00:38:56 <Maddy> <You're a fan of his, Birdy?>
Oct 04 00:39:04 <Light> "What?"
Oct 04 00:39:04 <Gerald> "And I must ask, what this door leads into.
Oct 04 00:39:06 <Gerald> "
Oct 04 00:39:10 <Salmander> "What the fuck are you guys talkin' about?"
Oct 04 00:39:13 <Tom90deg> "In theory? Germany."
Oct 04 00:39:16 <Nioki> "This is not the time for idle chatter."
Oct 04 00:39:41 <Gerald> Charon looks through the props.
Oct 04 00:39:54 <Maddy> <Shit, people can hear me. Magic.> Alice mumbles to herself.
Oct 04 00:40:29 <Tom90deg> "WEll, shall we open the door? Just say when."
Oct 04 00:40:36 <Sabitsuki> Puppets, racks of clothes, prop swords and armor, the usual.
Oct 04 00:40:54 <Light> Birdman wanders over to the puppets and looks at them.
Oct 04 00:41:04 * Sage scans continually.
Oct 04 00:41:14 <Soulless> Alicel grabs a puppet and pockets. Whee.
Oct 04 00:41:30 <Sabitsuki> 1d2
Oct 04 00:41:31 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: 1 (1d2=1)
Oct 04 00:41:38 <Tom90deg> "Oy…Guys?" The door?"
Oct 04 00:41:55 <Dodridge> |Check it|
Oct 04 00:41:55 <Dodridge> |Let's fuck this whore.|
Oct 04 00:42:27 <Gerald> "Quite."
Oct 04 00:42:33 <Soulless> "I cannot unlock doors. I believed that was your role, Zoe?"
Oct 04 00:42:44 <Gerald> Charon waits for Zoe to check for traps.
Oct 04 00:43:02 <Dawny> "…been ages since I heard that"
Oct 04 00:43:12 <Dodridge> |Open it.|
Oct 04 00:43:12 <Dodridge> |Yes, do it.
Oct 04 00:43:16 <Tom90deg> "I can try, but no promices. Midnight's the expert."
Oct 04 00:43:18 <Tom90deg> "Ok, ready?"
Oct 04 00:43:24 * Sage looks at Alicel, seeing him grab a puppet. "Alicel, put it back please. Touching is bad in places like this."
Oct 04 00:43:52 <Tom90deg> Zoe bends over the door and knocks, giveing it the old Shave and a haircut, Two bits knock. and grabbing the doorhandle, and pulling.
Oct 04 00:43:59 <Soulless> Alicel looks like a sad child as he slowly puts the puppet back and doesn't touch anything else. Sadface.
Oct 04 00:44:20 <Sabitsuki> 1d6
Oct 04 00:44:21 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: 5 (1d6=5)
Oct 04 00:45:11 <Sabitsuki> The door comes up, though it is heavy, extraordinarily so.
Oct 04 00:45:50 <Tom90deg> "Grr..It's heavy, and holy hell, it worked."
Oct 04 00:45:55 <Tom90deg> "Little help?"
Oct 04 00:46:01 <Soulless> Alicel helps Zoe pull.
Oct 04 00:46:14 <Sabitsuki> Beyond…is darkness, and the smell of a graveyard.
Oct 04 00:46:27 <Tom90deg> "I'll be honest, was not expecting that to work."
Oct 04 00:46:37 <Maddy> <How you you know it did?>
Oct 04 00:46:53 <Sage> 4df+5 He brings the NVG's down, peering, looking for any heat signature or listening for any sounds.
Oct 04 00:46:54 <Glacon> Sage: He brings the NVG's down, peering, looking for any heat signature or listening for any sounds.: 5 (4df+5=-, 0, 0, +)
Oct 04 00:47:38 <Gerald> "Considering that we will be facing down a lich, this very well is a good sign."
Oct 04 00:47:53 <Tom90deg> "Most Ways are very specific. If you use the wrong knock, nothing happens."
Oct 04 00:48:23 <Nioki> 4df+4 Perception. Alanoch looks through, brightening and clarifying the light as it reaches his eyes.
Oct 04 00:48:24 <Glacon> Nioki: Perception. Alanoch looks through, brightening and clarifying the light as it reaches his eyes.: 3 (4df+4=0, 0, 0, -)
Oct 04 00:48:24 <Sabitsuki> There is nothing in the hole. No floor, no walls, no heat signature, just blackness.
Oct 04 00:48:30 <Gerald> Charon was referring to the graveyard smell.
Oct 04 00:48:44 <Sabitsuki> Nothing is visible or notable about it save the smell of dirt and decay.
Oct 04 00:48:56 <Dodridge> |Who wants to be first? Al? You want to be invisible somewhere else?|
Oct 04 00:49:41 <Sage> "I can't see or hear shit."
Oct 04 00:50:07 <Tom90deg> "Maybe that's the outside? He said we'd be passing through the outside."
Oct 04 00:50:14 <Tom90deg> "Nowhere to go but onwards, right?"
Oct 04 00:50:24 <Dawny> "I'm as graceful as…well, Bruce is."
Oct 04 00:50:29 <Gerald> "Quite. Who wishes to go first?"
Oct 04 00:51:08 <Nioki> "I could shine a light through. If we haven't been seen yet, we certainly would be then."
Oct 04 00:51:51 <Soulless> "That would be helpful."
Oct 04 00:51:59 <Tom90deg> "I got blown up once already, someone else go first."
Oct 04 00:52:50 <Soulless> Alicel goes fuckit. He walks in first because no one else is. His knife is out and he is looking around.
Oct 04 00:52:51 <Dodridge> |Someone who can be sneaky.|
Oct 04 00:53:01 <Soulless> Retract that then
Oct 04 00:53:23 <Nioki> "The complete darkness suggests that being invisible may not matter."
Oct 04 00:53:37 <Salmander> "I can do that, boss, unless there's fire involved."
Oct 04 00:53:42 <Dawny> "I'll go, god damn"
Oct 04 00:53:42 <Gerald> "I shall. Else somebody would likely mess it up."
Oct 04 00:53:45 <Tom90deg> "Go ahead Redd."
Oct 04 00:53:45 <Maddy> <Someone just fucking go>
Oct 04 00:53:45 <Salmander> "This pack is kinda comfy, though."
Oct 04 00:54:07 <Dawny> Kay raises her riffle and takes a few steps into the darkness.
Oct 04 00:54:10 <Gerald> Charon slowly lowers himself into the door.
Oct 04 00:54:19 <Dodridge> Jason steps in behind her, NVGs down.
Oct 04 00:54:38 <Sabitsuki> It is like being slowly lowered into ice water, even through your armor and clothes.
Oct 04 00:54:39 <Salmander> Redd keeps the lookout behind.
Oct 04 00:54:44 <Soulless> Alicel walks behind Charon
Oct 04 00:54:52 <Gerald> 4df+6 Stealth, tagging Ferryman
Oct 04 00:54:53 <Glacon> Gerald: Stealth, tagging Ferryman: 8 (4df+6=0, +, 0, +)
Oct 04 00:54:59 <Dawny> Kay sweeps back and forth, eyes wide.
Oct 04 00:55:01 <Tom90deg> Zoe follows behind
Oct 04 00:55:12 <Maddy> Alice throws her hands up then follows.
Oct 04 00:55:18 * Sage frowns.
Oct 04 00:55:38 * Sage brings up the rear, weapon swinging left and right slowly.
Oct 04 00:56:03 <Gerald> Charon stays low to the ground, for him, keeping his eyes up and his skin covered by black suit as much as possible.
Oct 04 00:56:18 <Light> Birdman darts down to nearer to the front, listening for faint noises.
Oct 04 00:56:34 <Nioki> "Should we all go in? What if the door is shut?"
Oct 04 00:56:54 <Sage> "Shit happens."
Oct 04 00:56:55 <Maddy> <Prop it open?>
Oct 04 00:57:17 <Nioki> "Such a thing would only prevent accidental closing."
Oct 04 00:57:30 <Maddy> <Well guess we're fucked then.>
Oct 04 00:57:34 <Sabitsuki> Your feet hit solid invisible ground, and a feeling of being closed in a small space, like a closet pervades.
Oct 04 00:57:37 <Tom90deg> "The knock works both ways."
Oct 04 00:58:05 <Gerald> Charon starts thinking they might have literally walked into their own graves. He continues forward.
Oct 04 00:58:16 <Soulless> Alicel has his knives out, looking around and following on Charon's heels.
Oct 04 00:58:36 <Light> Birdman coos a little, surprised at the feeling, but muffles it quickly.
Oct 04 00:58:39 <Dodridge> 4df+5 The 240's up. Any targets?
Oct 04 00:58:40 <Glacon> Dodridge: The 240's up. Any targets?: 2 (4df+5=-, -, -, 0)
Oct 04 00:59:15 <Sabitsuki> No targets, save the Convoy members in front of you.
Oct 04 00:59:24 <Nioki> Alanoch steps through, following them.
Oct 04 00:59:26 * Sage risks a glance over his shoulders before shifting back to cover the rear.
Oct 04 00:59:38 <Dodridge> Jason trusts that Redd totally has his back.
Oct 04 01:00:22 <Salmander> Yeah, haha, good one
Oct 04 01:00:53 <Sabitsuki> As you move forward on invisible ground, it becomes obvious that you are no longer in Sydney…to your right are the faint glints of stars.
Oct 04 01:01:16 <Dawny> "Magic…fuck"
Oct 04 01:01:30 <Gerald> Charon just hopes they don't attract the attention of the Outsiders. Any recognizable constellations?
Oct 04 01:01:37 <Tom90deg> "I reallyhope we're in germany now…"
Oct 04 01:01:45 <Sabitsuki> None.
Oct 04 01:01:46 <Maddy> <Are you honestly surprised? We said we were going to fight a Lich and a vampire.>
Oct 04 01:01:53 <Sage> "I am so not made out for magic."
Oct 04 01:01:58 <Sabitsuki> To your left…is a planet.
Oct 04 01:02:08 <Sabitsuki> You're rather close.
Oct 04 01:02:24 <Dawny> Kay grumbles to herself, wishing Dmitri were here.
Oct 04 01:03:03 <Dodridge> |Just keep moving.|
Oct 04 01:03:09 <Gerald> Charon keeps on trucking.
Oct 04 01:03:12 <Tom90deg> "LEts just keep going. At least we didn't pop out in his study"
Oct 04 01:03:17 <Salmander> "Hey, lookit that boss. It's almost as big as John."
Oct 04 01:03:25 <Dodridge> |He *said* it went through the Outside.|
Oct 04 01:03:28 <Dodridge> Jason chuckles.
Oct 04 01:04:14 <Sabitsuki> Visible is something that appears to be the deep space brother of the grand canyon, a valley of blue crystals. A mass of steel tendrils with a single green eye in the center of it sits in the center of the valley. The eye watches your progression carefully for a moment.
Oct 04 01:04:37 <Sabitsuki> It then goes on to apparently focus on things unseen.
Oct 04 01:04:38 <Nioki> Alanoch lets the light flow in to him. Instead of invisible, he becomes a formless black mass, with tentacle-like threads curling off and dissolving.
Oct 04 01:04:45 <Gerald> "……..So this is what staring down a god appears like."
Oct 04 01:04:50 <Sage> "What in the fucking hell."
Oct 04 01:04:57 <Nioki> It's probably not the most comforting thing to have walking beside you.
Oct 04 01:05:32 <Light> "…What is that?" Birdy's voice is quiet.
Oct 04 01:05:49 <Soulless> Alicel doesn't mind Alanoch, or the mass of steel tendrils. He is curious, but decides to avoid the wrath of the group and keep moving.
Oct 04 01:06:05 <Tom90deg> "Just keep on going, there's gotta be a door somewhere."
Oct 04 01:06:08 <Sabitsuki> In the distance, 30 feet ahead, is a door. Light streams from the gaps in they key hole and space between the door and wall.
Oct 04 01:06:20 <Tom90deg> "quiet…."
Oct 04 01:06:26 <Gerald> Charon moves, and looks through the hole.
Oct 04 01:06:28 <Tom90deg> Zoe starts to move slowly and carefully.
Oct 04 01:06:52 <Sabitsuki> There is a wall of dirt on the other side of the hole - the light seems to be warm sunlight.
Oct 04 01:06:58 <Dodridge> Jason moves up ahead. |Tactical, up.|
Oct 04 01:07:14 <Dodridge> He advances to the front of the column, weapon at the ready.
Oct 04 01:07:35 <Salmander> Redd peeks over Jason's shoulder, holding up his firearm.
Oct 04 01:07:37 * Sage moves to the left in an echelon position.
Oct 04 01:07:49 <Dawny> Kay takes his left flank, also at the ready
Oct 04 01:07:51 <Maddy> Alice goes…wherever she's supposed to
Oct 04 01:09:08 <Dodridge> He rests an armored hand on the doorknob.
Oct 04 01:09:12 <Dodridge> |Ready?|
Oct 04 01:09:22 <Gerald> Charon was still looking through the keyhole.
Oct 04 01:09:42 <Soulless> Alicel and his knives are ready.
Oct 04 01:09:44 <Dawny> "Ready"
Oct 04 01:09:52 <Light> Birdman falls to the back, and crouches a little.
Oct 04 01:09:53 <Tom90deg> "Ready"
Oct 04 01:10:42 <Dodridge> |Zoe? I want you in front. If you see somethin' stupid, just zap back, okay?|
Oct 04 01:11:46 <Tom90deg> "Right. If i yell, just close the door and make a hole."
Oct 04 01:11:53 <Salmander> "Open the fuckin' door already, jesus."
Oct 04 01:12:13 <Tom90deg> Zoe approaches again, rather nervously, looking at the spots on her hands and arms, and grabs the handle, gently swinging it open.
Oct 04 01:12:24 <Sabitsuki> It opens.
Oct 04 01:12:42 * Sage brings the weapon up.
Oct 04 01:12:54 <Sabitsuki> You're in a grave on a sunny day, and that's no way to be. A ladder leads up and out to your left.
Oct 04 01:13:04 <Tom90deg> "Huh."
Oct 04 01:13:12 <Tom90deg> Zoe carefully pokes her head up out of the grave
Oct 04 01:13:17 <Tom90deg> 4df+4 groundhog!
Oct 04 01:13:18 <Glacon> Tom90deg: groundhog!: 3 (4df+4=0, -, +, -)
Oct 04 01:13:45 <Sage> "Well that was unexpected."
Oct 04 01:14:00 <Sabitsuki> 4df+2 Franz's percetion
Oct 04 01:14:00 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: Franz's percetion: 0 (4df+2=-, -, 0, 0)
Oct 04 01:14:12 <Nioki> "Weird," says the formless, writhing mass of darkness.
Oct 04 01:14:13 <Gerald> "Ironically fitting."
Oct 04 01:14:34 <Salmander> Redd goes back to sitting in the backpack. "Tell me when somethin' important happens."
Oct 04 01:14:59 <Salmander> He appears to be looking at a fashion catalogue.
Oct 04 01:15:34 <Sabitsuki> Zoe sees a figure in a grey hooded robe stands admist the ruins of once was a modest town house. His hands work feverishly with a pen in one hand, a book in the other. He appears to be writing.
Oct 04 01:15:34 * Sage frowns and turns around, covering our six since apparently we are stopping.
Oct 04 01:15:52 <Tom90deg> Zoe ducks back down and holds up a finger.
Oct 04 01:16:06 <Gerald> Charon pulls out a Dusty Special and grins.
Oct 04 01:16:07 <Tom90deg> She also points in the general direction of the grey hooded man
Oct 04 01:16:18 <Gerald> He mouths 'may I?'
Oct 04 01:16:25 <Soulless> Alicel gets ready, shit is about to happen.
Oct 04 01:16:30 <Tom90deg> Zoe shakes her head, miming a book
Oct 04 01:16:57 <Tom90deg> Zoe carefully climbs up and out, taking cover behind a gravestone out of sight.
Oct 04 01:17:01 <Sabitsuki> The hooded man moves to the only still standing structure of the house - a bookcase. He consults the unmarked spines quietly.
Oct 04 01:17:13 <Tom90deg> 4df+4 Cover!
Oct 04 01:17:13 <Glacon> Tom90deg: Cover!: 5 (4df+4=+, +, -, 0)
Oct 04 01:17:21 <Sabitsuki> 4df+2
Oct 04 01:17:21 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: 2 (4df+2=-, +, 0, 0)
Oct 04 01:17:31 <Nioki> "Do not set fire to the books," Alanoch whispers at him.
Oct 04 01:17:47 <Gerald> He shrugs, and puts away the Special.
Oct 04 01:18:01 <Light> Birdman waits, very still.
Oct 04 01:18:04 <Tom90deg> Zoe gestures to the people in the hole to start coming out quietly.
Oct 04 01:18:07 <Salmander> The barely audible noise of a page flipping can be heard, followed by an "Oh, baby."
Oct 04 01:18:36 <Soulless> Alicel comes out of the hole, silent.
Oct 04 01:18:49 <Gerald> Charon moves slowly, slinking along like a spider.
Oct 04 01:18:59 <Gerald> 4df+4 Ya can't see me
Oct 04 01:18:59 <Glacon> Gerald: Ya can't see me: 5 (4df+4=+, 0, +, -)
Oct 04 01:19:08 <Sabitsuki> 4df+2
Oct 04 01:19:09 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: 3 (4df+2=-, +, 0, +)
Oct 04 01:19:23 * Sage comes out moving to the right all quiet-like, eyes not moving off the chucklefuck.
Oct 04 01:19:25 <Nioki> Alanoch stops absorbing light, again fading from view.
Oct 04 01:20:15 <Dodridge> |Keep it going. Sneaky fucks first.|
Oct 04 01:20:21 <Nioki> 4df+4 Stealthy graveyard exit.
Oct 04 01:20:22 <Glacon> Nioki: Stealthy graveyard exit.: 2 (4df+4=-, 0, -, 0)
Oct 04 01:20:35 * MisterFlames (~ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.16251B5-CRInys|SD#ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.16251B5-CRInys|SD) has joined #afteractionmission
Oct 04 01:20:35 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to MisterFlames
Oct 04 01:20:38 <Sabitsuki> 4df+2
Oct 04 01:20:39 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: 2 (4df+2=+, -, +, -)
Oct 04 01:20:47 <Light> Birdman also raises himself out of the hole, cautiously.
Oct 04 01:20:50 <Light> 4df+4 sneakery
Oct 04 01:20:51 <Glacon> Light: sneakery: 3 (4df+4=0, 0, -, 0)
Oct 04 01:20:51 <Sabitsuki> Defender Alanoch wins
Oct 04 01:20:58 <Sabitsuki> 4df+2
Oct 04 01:20:59 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: 2 (4df+2=0, -, +, 0)
Oct 04 01:21:03 * Sage nods at Jason, and drops to a knee, slinging his rifle and attaching the upper and lower receivers quietly, then the barrel of his long rifle, slotting a magazine and charging it quietly.
Oct 04 01:21:44 <Gerald> Charon gets his fingers in a neck-snapping mood.
Oct 04 01:21:46 <Sabitsuki> Faust shuts the book he was writing in and drops it ceremoniously to the ruined floor.
Oct 04 01:21:51 <Gerald> Oh, wait, they're always in that mood.
Oct 04 01:22:03 * Sage climbs out, moving to the right, propping up the bipod on a large gravestone and aiming at the back of the man.
Oct 04 01:22:38 <Nioki> Alanoch barely avoids stepping on a stick as he walks.
Oct 04 01:22:44 <Dawny> Kay gets out, her weapon trained on Faust.
Oct 04 01:22:46 <Sage> 4df+3 Eep.
Oct 04 01:22:47 <Glacon> Sage: Eep.: 5 (4df+3=+, +, 0, 0)
Oct 04 01:22:54 <Sabitsuki> 4df+2
Oct 04 01:22:55 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: 3 (4df+2=-, 0, +, +)
Oct 04 01:23:12 <Sabitsuki> 4df+5
Oct 04 01:23:13 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: 4 (4df+5=+, -, -, 0)
Oct 04 01:23:31 <Sabitsuki> Alanoch perception
Oct 04 01:23:32 * Sage settles in and slows his breathing, finger lightly on the trigger, flipping the safety off.
Oct 04 01:23:34 <Salmander> Redd remains in Jason's pack
Oct 04 01:23:57 <Dodridge> Jason edges forward. |All right. We're goin' deep, and we're goin' hard. Move.|
Oct 04 01:24:00 <Tom90deg> Zoe narrows her eyes at the book he dropped on the floor. Can she see anything about it?
Oct 04 01:24:33 * Sage has the FLASH close to him, ready to use if the opportunity presents itself where he won't crispy the book or the team.
Oct 04 01:24:38 <Sabitsuki> Black cover, no markings.
Oct 04 01:24:58 <Tom90deg> Zoe moves up, tryig to get close enough to nab the book.
Oct 04 01:25:00 <Soulless> Alicel fires his knife. Goin hard and movin.
Oct 04 01:25:04 <Tom90deg> 4df+4
Oct 04 01:25:05 <Glacon> Tom90deg: 3 (4df+4=-, -, +, 0)
Oct 04 01:25:07 <Soulless> 4df+4 aiming for the skull
Oct 04 01:25:07 <Glacon> Soulless: aiming for the skull: 4 (4df+4=0, +, -, 0)
Oct 04 01:25:18 <Gerald> 4df+4 Going for the neck
Oct 04 01:25:18 <Glacon> Gerald: Going for the neck: 7 (4df+4=+, 0, +, +)
Oct 04 01:25:32 <Sabitsuki> 4df+4 Mara's defense
Oct 04 01:25:33 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: Mara's defense: 2 (4df+4=-, +, -, -)
Oct 04 01:26:22 <Dodridge> 4df+4 Jason vaults up the ladder, charging the figure with a blade in hand, going for the head.
Oct 04 01:26:23 <Glacon> Dodridge: Jason vaults up the ladder, charging the figure with a blade in hand, going for the head.: 3 (4df+4=0, -, 0, 0)
Oct 04 01:26:33 <Sage> 4df+6 Tagging Uncanny senses and shooting a Raufoss at his head.
Oct 04 01:26:33 <Glacon> Sage: Tagging Uncanny senses and shooting a Raufoss at his head.: 4 (4df+6=-, -, +, -)
Oct 04 01:26:36 <Salmander> Redd whistles and turns the page
Oct 04 01:26:50 <Nioki> Alanoch stays to the side, hidden and waiting.
Oct 04 01:26:58 <Maddy> 4df+4 Alice pops out of the grave like Krogan- I mean human undead with a bullet to the target.
Oct 04 01:26:58 <Glacon> Maddy: Alice pops out of the grave like Krogan- I mean human undead with a bullet to the target.: 1 (4df+4=0, -, -, -)
Oct 04 01:27:03 <Sage> *BLAMMMMMMM*
Oct 04 01:27:03 <Maddy> Alice sucks.
Oct 04 01:27:26 <Sabitsuki> "My love!" A voice barks, and a knife and several raufoss round slam into the back of a very un-Faust figure.
Oct 04 01:27:32 <Dawny> 4df+4 god damn fuck this guy
Oct 04 01:27:32 <Glacon> Dawny: god damn fuck this guy: 5 (4df+4=-, 0, +, +)
Oct 04 01:27:38 <Dawny> I mean
Oct 04 01:27:43 <Dawny> 4df+3
Oct 04 01:27:44 <Glacon> Dawny: 5 (4df+3=+, 0, +, 0)
Oct 04 01:27:53 <Dodridge> So, no difference really.
Oct 04 01:27:55 <Gerald> Charon's large fingers are now in a damn vice around this person's throat and windpipe.
Oct 04 01:28:20 <Tom90deg> Zoe looks around if anyone other than the grey figure are around.
Oct 04 01:28:32 <Soulless> That does not sound like a faust to Alicel.
Oct 04 01:28:35 <Sabitsuki> Pause god damn
Oct 04 01:28:44 * Bright_ is now known as Bright
Oct 04 01:28:59 <Salmander> "Did you guys fuck up again?"
Oct 04 01:29:39 * Sage frowns and absently grabs the ejected brass, stashing it in a cargo pocket.
Oct 04 01:30:04 <Sabitsuki> A woman's head appears and splatters just as quickly from exploding rifle rounds. Blood sprays the back of Faust's robe as a woman's body, head turned partially into pink mist and red mush, falls.
Oct 04 01:31:21 <Sabitsuki> Faust turns, a face almost a literal skeleton. Bones jut up through rotting skin, and his left blue eye appears to be melting somewhat in its socket. "…Mara?"
Oct 04 01:31:30 <Sabitsuki> unpause
Oct 04 01:31:52 <Gerald> "Ah, hello Faust. I believe we just slaughtered the person you love."
Oct 04 01:32:33 <Dodridge> 4df+4 Maneuver Jason levels the machine gun at him, tracking his every movement.
Oct 04 01:32:33 <Glacon> Dodridge: Maneuver Jason levels the machine gun at him, tracking his every movement.: 3 (4df+4=0, 0, 0, -)
Oct 04 01:32:44 * Sage slows his breathing and takes the slack out of his trigger.
Oct 04 01:33:00 <Gerald> "Now, to think this would not have happened if you had not stolen the Records."
Oct 04 01:33:11 <Soulless> Alicel has another knife at the ready.
Oct 04 01:33:33 <Sabitsuki> He barely seems to register the guns as he drops to his knees over the corpse, cradling it in his arms.
Oct 04 01:33:55 <Gerald> Charon kneels.
Oct 04 01:33:58 * Sage has quit (Broken pipe)
Oct 04 01:34:15 * MartinSage (~ten.tsacmoc.ac.1dsh.E4B78136-CRInys|esaCH#ten.tsacmoc.ac.1dsh.E4B78136-CRInys|esaCH) has joined #afteractionmission
Oct 04 01:34:56 <Nioki> Alanoch quietly wonders what they just did and hopes it isn't what it looks like.
Oct 04 01:35:35 <Light> Birdman is only sort of sure what's going on, but he waits quietly behind a headstone, flickering with shadows.
Oct 04 01:35:50 <Gerald> "Now, dearest Faust. Your beloved is dead. You brought this on yourself, by stealing that which we needed. You are /quite/ in love, and /quite/ devastated. This could be avoided. This could /all/ be avoided. No more death, no more slaughter, no more cold dark abyss, you have a chance to free yourself from this cycle of hatred."
Oct 04 01:36:02 <Gerald> "Give us the Records. End this pain and torment for yourself."
Oct 04 01:36:10 <Gerald> 4df+6 Persuasion, tagging Sly Bastard.
Oct 04 01:36:11 <Glacon> Gerald: Persuasion, tagging Sly Bastard.: 7 (4df+6=0, -, +, +)
Oct 04 01:36:29 <Sabitsuki> 4df+6 Tag Geist
Oct 04 01:36:29 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: Tag Geist: 6 (4df+6=+, +, -, -)
Oct 04 01:36:36 <Gerald> Charon's voice is calm. Understanding. He understands Faust's torment.
Oct 04 01:36:57 <Sabitsuki> "…Just kill me."
Oct 04 01:37:08 <Gerald> He nods. "It shall be painless."
Oct 04 01:37:11 <Sabitsuki> "There is nothing good in this world without Elizabeth in it."
Oct 04 01:37:57 * MartinSage keeps a bead on his head, right below the earlobe.
Oct 04 01:38:03 * MartinSage is now known as Sage
Oct 04 01:38:07 <Gerald> "Trust me." Charon's practically tearing up himself. "I understand. But your phylactery, it shall need to be destroyed as well."
Oct 04 01:38:45 <Dodridge> Jason's sighted in center mass. 20 rounds of .308 will do a lot of walkin'.
Oct 04 01:39:01 <Maddy> Alice resists the urge to make a gagging motion.
Oct 04 01:39:25 <Soulless> Alicel is clearly enraptured and looks up to Charon even more now, if that were possible.
Oct 04 01:39:27 <Sabitsuki> As Charon steps forward, Faust murmurs to himself. "The house. Just…knock the bookcase over."
Oct 04 01:39:51 <Sabitsuki> "There is nothing else. It reflects my soul." He barely shrugs at the crumbling ruin.
Oct 04 01:40:00 <Gerald> Charon walks over to the bookcase and gives it a shove.
Oct 04 01:40:12 * Sage draws more slack out of the trigger, the world seeming to slow down around him, his heartbeat and breathing slowing down.
Oct 04 01:40:51 <Sabitsuki> It topples, tomes spraying everywhere. The man in the robe flinches in spite of himself.
Oct 04 01:41:15 * Flames (~ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.16251B5-CRInys|SD#ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.16251B5-CRInys|SD) has joined #afteractionmission
Oct 04 01:41:16 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Flames
Oct 04 01:41:35 <Sabitsuki> "The children. They're in the basement. Door in the ground behind me."
Oct 04 01:41:42 <Gerald> He turns. "I am sorry, Faust." Walks over and kneels next to the man. "It shall all be over now." He puts a massive hand on either shoulder, looking at the lich.
Oct 04 01:42:05 <Dawny> "Children?" Kay glances at Jason.
Oct 04 01:42:09 <Sabitsuki> "Yes…it's all over."
Oct 04 01:42:25 <Maddy> Alice apreaches the door Faust mentioned.
Oct 04 01:42:25 <Gerald> "Do not worry. Forever, you and Elizabeth will be together."
Oct 04 01:42:31 <Gerald> One quick movement, and he snaps Fausts neck.
Oct 04 01:42:31 <Soulless> Alicel gets up and walks with Alice, knives ready.
Oct 04 01:42:39 <Sabitsuki> A simple cellar door.
Oct 04 01:42:54 <Maddy> <Open it, Alicel.>
Oct 04 01:43:00 <Tom90deg> Zoe heads up to the dropped book, looking for the one we need.
Oct 04 01:43:02 <Soulless> Alicel opens the door.
Oct 04 01:43:03 <Dawny> Kay follows Alice, looking side to side.
Oct 04 01:43:11 <Soulless> He walks down to the basement, looking around.
Oct 04 01:43:26 <Tom90deg> "What does this book even look like?"
Oct 04 01:43:27 * Sage quickly unscrews the barrel and removes the receiver after stripping a round and safing the weapon, then hitches it in his pack, slings the FLASH, and readies his rifle.
Oct 04 01:43:38 <Dawny> Kay follows into the basement, weapon at the ready.
Oct 04 01:43:40 <Salmander> Redd beings quietly singing "You always hurt the one you love"
Oct 04 01:43:53 <Sabitsuki> There is a teenaged girl and boy, chained to the wall. They are asleep.
Oct 04 01:43:57 * MisterFlames has quit (Ping timeout)
Oct 04 01:44:15 <Nioki> Alanoch blinks into sight.
Oct 04 01:44:18 <Maddy> Alice sighs, and watches the other two head into the basement, even though she just said to open the door. She heads back to where she was at before.
Oct 04 01:44:29 <Gerald> Charon stands. He stretches his arms and legs, not saying anything.
Oct 04 01:44:36 <Tom90deg> "Alice, can you help me find the right book?"
Oct 04 01:44:37 <Soulless> Alicel kneels puts one hand on the teenaged girl's shoulder to see if she's ok.
Oct 04 01:44:37 <Nioki> Having seen the prisoners, he's no longer worried about Faust.
Oct 04 01:44:38 * Sage stands next to the basement door, covering it from the side.
Oct 04 01:44:40 <Tom90deg> "There's a ton of em here."
Oct 04 01:44:49 <Maddy> <I don't know what it loks like either.
Oct 04 01:44:53 <Light> Birdy looks around, then follows Zoe to where the books are.
Oct 04 01:44:56 <Light> "What is the book?"
Oct 04 01:45:07 <Tom90deg> "I guess start opening them or something?"
Oct 04 01:45:11 <Dawny> "Don't touch them" Kay looks at them, staying a bit away.
Oct 04 01:45:15 <Dodridge> Jason mutters quietly, almost whispering. |Hostages.|
Oct 04 01:45:15 <Dodridge> Jason reaches back, smacking the pack.
Oct 04 01:45:15 <Dodridge> |Then we check them all.|
Oct 04 01:45:18 <Sabitsuki> They're breathing, just asleep. They are both in good physical condition, not showing signs of torture or malnutrition.
Oct 04 01:45:22 <Tom90deg> "It's some kind of book of records."
Oct 04 01:45:41 <Tom90deg> Zoe starts checking the books methodolcaly, tossing the ones that arn't it in a pile behind her.
Oct 04 01:45:53 <Gerald> Charon walks over to the others, through the door and into the basement.
Oct 04 01:45:53 <Soulless> Alicel gets up and looks to Kay for orders. "They look fine."
Oct 04 01:45:56 <Maddy> Alice shrugs and flips through the books to.
Oct 04 01:46:27 <Dawny> «There are two teenagers here, boy and girl»
Oct 04 01:46:28 <Tom90deg> Zoe glances at the spots on her arms and hands, seeing if they're getting any bigger or fadeing or anything
Oct 04 01:46:36 <Tom90deg> «Are they alive?»
Oct 04 01:46:37 <Dodridge> Jason stands where he is, weapon aimed discretely at the crumpled Faust.
Oct 04 01:46:39 <Soulless> "Charon!" Alicel hugs Charon. "I never knew you had such empathy! You are truly a man to look up to."
Oct 04 01:46:39 <Sabitsuki> Nope, still there.
Oct 04 01:47:07 <Maddy> Alice looks at Alicel. She gives up.
Oct 04 01:47:13 <Salmander> "Yep, pure empathy right there." Redd flips a page.
Oct 04 01:47:21 <Tom90deg> Zoe looks at Alice and shakes her head. "I know…"
Oct 04 01:47:22 <Light> Birdy also starts looking through the books. He only reads a few words, but he has some idea of what records should look like. Orderly, same-sized blocks of text, repetitive.
Oct 04 01:47:22 <Dawny> «Yes»
Oct 04 01:47:26 <Nioki> "Efficient."
Oct 04 01:47:26 * Sage heads down, moving sideways looking back. He continues to watch the entrance as they check books.
Oct 04 01:47:35 <Tom90deg> «I guess bring them out? Jason?»
Oct 04 01:47:36 <Sage> «Covering.»
Oct 04 01:47:38 <Gerald> "Quite."
Oct 04 01:47:49 <Soulless> Alicel goes back to the teenagers and looks up to Kay. "May we untie them now?"
Oct 04 01:47:52 <Gerald> "I have a way with words, as my job demanded of me."
Oct 04 01:48:06 <Dodridge> <Not yet.>
Oct 04 01:48:11 <Maddy> Flip flip toss. Flip flip toss.
Oct 04 01:48:15 <Dodridge> <That's another facet that we don't need.>
Oct 04 01:48:28 <Sabitsuki> Nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, oh here's something Alice.
Oct 04 01:48:45 <Dawny> "No Alicel, not yet. We have to wait for orders"
Oct 04 01:49:01 <Soulless> "Ok."
Oct 04 01:49:19 <Sabitsuki> Here's a long list of names, in no real order. Next to all of the names are numbers, ranged from decimals starting with zero to 12 digits.
Oct 04 01:49:36 * Sage heads back up and covers everyone searching.
Oct 04 01:49:39 <Sabitsuki> This continues for what must be at least a thousand pages.
Oct 04 01:49:48 <Maddy> <This ight be it.>
Oct 04 01:49:50 <Gerald> "If you wish, it may be considered proper to bury them."
Oct 04 01:50:04 <Light> Birdy looks up.
Oct 04 01:50:31 <Dawny> «Orders please»
Oct 04 01:50:39 <Tom90deg> "That works for me. Are there any empty plots?"
Oct 04 01:50:43 <Maddy> «fuking wait for a second»
Oct 04 01:50:52 <Soulless> Alicel sits by the sleeping teenagers, watching them an odd curiosity. He's probably never had the opportunity to watch someone sleep before.
Oct 04 01:51:06 <Maddy> Alice skims through, looking for any death date she would recognize/
Oct 04 01:51:09 <Dodridge> Jason's quiet. Alice speaks, he listens.
Oct 04 01:51:11 <Gerald> "Check for familiar names."
Oct 04 01:51:23 <Maddy> <Thanks, tips.>
Oct 04 01:51:30 <Dawny> «When did Corporal die and you become queen?»
Oct 04 01:51:31 <Sabitsuki> On the very first page Alice turns to, is the complete and total name of everyone in the Convoy.
Oct 04 01:52:08 <Gerald> Charon suddenly realizes that he doesn't know his birth name.
Oct 04 01:52:38 <Maddy> She closes it without rwadin further. <Spoilers.> she hands it to the closest person to her and heads back to the door to leave. She stands ad waits.
Oct 04 01:53:00 <Tom90deg> Zoe takes the book. "Spoilers indeed. What about the hostages?"
Oct 04 01:53:18 <Gerald> "Ah, tell me, does that have /my/ name within those magical covers?"
Oct 04 01:53:22 <Dodridge> Jason takes the book.
Oct 04 01:53:28 <Maddy> <Spoilers.>
Oct 04 01:53:35 * Sage stands around, being generally awesome.
Oct 04 01:53:46 <Gerald> "Dates I care nothing for. Names, however….."
Oct 04 01:53:46 <Tom90deg> Zoe hands the book over.
Oct 04 01:53:49 <Dodridge> He quickly searches through it, reading slowly. <Sage?>
Oct 04 01:54:05 <Sage> <Go.>
Oct 04 01:54:06 <Tom90deg> "Jason, you probaly shouldn't read that…"
Oct 04 01:54:10 <Dodridge> <Can you speed-read? You quick like that?>
Oct 04 01:54:21 <Sage> <Sure can Skipper.>
Oct 04 01:54:45 <Dodridge> He passes him the book. <Look for a name called Malacoda.>
Oct 04 01:54:56 <Dodridge> <Find it, and erase the date.>
Oct 04 01:55:06 * Sage nods and begins to flip through it rather fast.
Oct 04 01:55:19 <Gerald> "Yes, and please see if you can tell me what my birth name is. I would /quite/ like to know.
Oct 04 01:55:21 <Gerald> "
Oct 04 01:55:37 * Sage flip flip flip flip
Oct 04 01:55:39 <Tom90deg> "How would we know which is yours?"
Oct 04 01:56:09 <Sabitsuki> Here it is, within a few pages of your starting, as if the book knew exactly what you wanted. It begins "Lord Malacoda", and then a list of titles and nicknames continues on for a page.
Oct 04 01:56:35 * Sage looks for a date. What does it appear to be written with, ink, pencil, what?
Oct 04 01:56:55 <Sabitsuki> Next to the block of text is the date 10/05/2011
Oct 04 01:57:01 * Sage also takes careful note of all the names. Not that it matters since he remembers everything.
Oct 04 01:57:02 <Sabitsuki> Pen.
Oct 04 01:57:05 * Sage whistles.
Oct 04 01:57:16 <Sage> "Skipper, it's in pen. Got a bleach pen or something?"
Oct 04 01:57:56 <Light> "Cut it out?"
Oct 04 01:58:07 <Light> "Or, ink on top."
Oct 04 01:58:10 <Gerald> "I would be careful to vandalize such a book."
Oct 04 01:58:12 <Sage> "Or I could scrape it off." What's the paper made out of?
Oct 04 01:58:13 <Dodridge> <Got a white scripto in my map kit.> He steps over to Sage, turning his back to him. <Small pocket, inside.>
Oct 04 01:58:23 <Tom90deg> "Might damage the page behind…"
Oct 04 01:58:40 * Dawny has quit (Ping timeout)
Oct 04 01:58:45 * Sage rummages around and grabs it, then quickly erases the date, making sure it is completely gone. "Someone verify, please."
Oct 04 01:59:03 <Dodridge> Jason turns, looking at the modified entry.
Oct 04 01:59:19 <Dodridge> <Looks good to me. Make sure that bitch is dry.>
Oct 04 01:59:35 <Gerald> "May I see this wonderful set of records, now?"
Oct 04 01:59:40 * Light has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Oct 04 01:59:49 <Tom90deg> "Jason? What do we do with the hostages?"
Oct 04 01:59:55 <Sabitsuki> A woman with dark skin, dark suit, and a briefcase in hand ascends the stone path up to the house's remains. "No. No you may not."
Oct 04 02:00:02 <Dodridge> <Let 'em g…>
Oct 04 02:00:13 * Sage blows on it gently, and turns to face the new person.
Oct 04 02:00:14 <Gerald> "Ah, excuse me, but I believe I have a right to see what my name is."
Oct 04 02:00:23 <Sabitsuki> She steps over the threshold.
Oct 04 02:00:27 <Tom90deg> "Um…"
Oct 04 02:00:46 <Dodridge> <And who might you be?>
Oct 04 02:00:51 * Sage brings the book in close and steps behind Jason, protecting the artifact that they need to do something else with.
Oct 04 02:01:10 <Sabitsuki> She turns to look at Jason. "Death."
Oct 04 02:01:25 <Sabitsuki> She steps past him and over to Faust and Mara's remains.
Oct 04 02:01:32 <Maddy> Alice is all of the eyeroll under her helmet
Oct 04 02:01:45 <Salmander> "Oh we got a Death ourselves. He's out now, though."
Oct 04 02:01:49 <Tom90deg> "Ah, have you met Scarecrow?"
Oct 04 02:01:54 <Sabitsuki> "Yes."
Oct 04 02:02:04 <Sabitsuki> "Unfortunately."
Oct 04 02:02:12 <Tom90deg> "You and me both."
Oct 04 02:02:16 <Sabitsuki> "The children and the book are ours."
Oct 04 02:02:24 <Salmander> Redd flips a page, comfortable with remaining in Jason's assault pack.
Oct 04 02:02:26 <Sabitsuki> "I will be taking them off your hands."
Oct 04 02:02:49 <Dodridge> <Wait, the kids are fine.> I dare you to challenge Death, dumbass.
Oct 04 02:03:02 <Gerald> "Oh? And what will be happening with dearest Malacoda?"
Oct 04 02:03:19 <Sabitsuki> "They're…my children." Her head snaps to Charon. "Malacoda?"
Oct 04 02:03:49 <Maddy> Palm, meet Alice's helmet.
Oct 04 02:04:04 <Salmander> "Yeah, Malacoda."
Oct 04 02:04:09 <Gerald> "He wished to have his name erased from the book, I believe. What would happened had we achieved this?"
Oct 04 02:04:15 <Dodridge> "They're all yours."
Oct 04 02:04:16 <Sabitsuki> "…"
Oct 04 02:04:23 <Maddy> Double helmet palm.
Oct 04 02:04:28 <Sabitsuki> "…You did what." Faint.
Oct 04 02:04:37 <Gerald> "No, no, what /would/ have happened?"
Oct 04 02:04:40 <Maddy> <Welp.>
Oct 04 02:04:56 <Tom90deg> Zoe approaches the fainted woman. "Um…Miss?"
Oct 04 02:05:06 <Tom90deg> «Kay? I think we need your help…»
Oct 04 02:05:15 <Maddy> <Let's just untie the kids, leave th b-book an go.>
Oct 04 02:05:28 <Sage> "What kind of death fucking faints?"
Oct 04 02:05:35 <Sabitsuki> "God dammit, just get out of here. You're not even supposed to be in Europe yet." She chews her lip.
Oct 04 02:05:40 <Sabitsuki> No her voice was faint you idiots
Oct 04 02:05:40 <Salmander> "Wait, we were erasing some schlub's name from the book of death?"
Oct 04 02:05:48 * Sage pushes his boonie back and scratches his head.
Oct 04 02:05:48 <Soulless> Alicel starts untying the kids and brings them up.
Oct 04 02:06:20 <Soulless> He brings up the girl first, then the boy, laying them quite gently on the floor. He is still staring at them with a mix of wonder and curiosity.
Oct 04 02:06:31 <Gerald> Charon pauses for a second. "Very well." He starts walking out.
Oct 04 02:06:41 <Dodridge> <Leave the book, Sage.>
Oct 04 02:06:48 <Maddy> Alice is still leaning on the door out
Oct 04 02:06:50 * Dawny (~ten.sndomt.E1B8BF0C-CRInys|alliztahc#ten.sndomt.E1B8BF0C-CRInys|alliztahc) has joined #afteractionmission
Oct 04 02:06:51 <Sage> "Roger."
Oct 04 02:06:59 <Sabitsuki> "Burecracy, fucking burecracy."
Oct 04 02:07:05 <Tom90deg> "Right then…See you later Miss Death, heh, hopefully not for a while."
Oct 04 02:07:08 * Sage takes two steps forward and sets the book down, not taking his eyes off her, then backs up.
Oct 04 02:07:18 <Sabitsuki> She opens the suitcase and begins to cram the crumpled remains of Faust and Mara in it.
Oct 04 02:07:29 <Tom90deg> "And if you see Shank, tell him he's a wanker." Zoe heads towards the open grave.
Oct 04 02:07:44 <Sabitsuki> "Yeah, yeah…"
Oct 04 02:08:07 <Sabitsuki> She drives a heel into the suitcase, crushing its contents like someone would a trashcan's contents.
Oct 04 02:08:18 <Tom90deg> Zoe heads back throuhg the door to the dark outside.
Oct 04 02:08:20 <Soulless> Alicel pats the woman on the shoulder and quickly follows Charon. What was her problem, honestly?
Oct 04 02:08:23 <Gerald> Charon heads back out of the grave, through the nowhere, and out to the opera house.
Oct 04 02:08:30 <Dodridge> Jason descends into the grave, taking Alice's hand as he steps back through the Way.
Oct 04 02:08:32 <Tom90deg> Zoe follows Charon
Oct 04 02:08:41 * Sage backs towards the grave, bringing up the rear.
Oct 04 02:08:45 <Dawny> Kay follows the group.
Oct 04 02:08:50 <Sabitsuki> nothing happens on the way back
Oct 04 02:09:10 <Soulless> Alicel happily follows Charon.
Oct 04 02:09:31 <Gerald> "And that, dear comrades, is how a few well-placed words is far better than some hastily fired bullets."
Oct 04 02:09:58 <Sabitsuki> back to AA if you're done
Oct 04 02:10:01 <Soulless> "You are quite the man, Charon. Please teach me how to be like you."
Oct 04 02:10:02 <Tom90deg> "Don't have to convince me Charon."
Oct 04 02:10:06 <Maddy> <The hastily fired bullets gave you the words.>
Oct 04 02:10:18 <Soulless> "Charon, how can I be more like you?"
Oct 04 02:10:23 <Dodridge> <Yeah, what the lady said.>
Oct 04 02:10:44 <Salmander> "Learn to bullshit, O'brian."
Oct 04 02:10:45 <Dawny> Kay lights a cigarette, looking into the nothing
Oct 04 02:10:54 * Sage rubs his shoulder as he settles in. Fuck carrying rocket launchers, I'll leave that shit to John.
Oct 04 02:11:10 <Maddy> Alice finds her way back to the LAVs. <Where t-to now?>
Oct 04 02:11:23 <Tom90deg> Zoe heads over to Kay. "Now that we're settled, could you check me out?"
Oct 04 02:11:32 <Soulless> "Learn to bullshit? You mean Charon wasn't being empathetic?"
Oct 04 02:11:39 <Dodridge> <If we hadn't shredded the Elizabeth, then… yeah.>
Oct 04 02:11:56 <Maddy> <Hah. I doubt it. No offence, Charon.>
Oct 04 02:12:09 <Salmander> "You ain't exactly got every processor runnin' in there, do ya?"
Oct 04 02:12:10 <Gerald> "Regardless, you /must/ admit I did direct his emotions /away/ from murdering all of us, yes?"
Oct 04 02:12:42 <Maddy> <I will g-give you that. Words and b-bullets both have thier places.>
Oct 04 02:12:51 <Sabitsuki> Mal is on the LAV, his legs dangling off it.
Oct 04 02:12:51 <Soulless> Alicel looks very, very crushed.
Oct 04 02:12:55 <Dawny> Kay sighs and flicks the cigarette away. "Sure"
Oct 04 02:12:57 <Sage> "That was fucking smooth."
Oct 04 02:13:01 <Sabitsuki> He claps slowly, a grin reaching up on his face.
Oct 04 02:13:10 <Gerald> Charon gives the most ornate bow ever.
Oct 04 02:13:15 <Tom90deg> Zoe rolls up her sleves, showing her burned hands and arms, with the black sploches.
Oct 04 02:13:20 <Sage> "You were dead as fuck, snake man."
Oct 04 02:13:20 <Flames> Midnight relaxes on top of the LAV, herself.
Oct 04 02:13:23 <Sabitsuki> He's lookin…much better. At least 50 years younger.
Oct 04 02:13:37 <Sabitsuki> Mid twenties now, at the worst.
Oct 04 02:13:46 <Soulless> "You are looking much better, Mal, sir."
Oct 04 02:13:50 <Gerald> "Dearest Malacoda, the long, thin, and deep. Through no small feat on our parts, you have now been erased from the Records."
Oct 04 02:14:04 <Tom90deg> "Guess it worked then?"
Oct 04 02:14:25 <Sabitsuki> "Indeed. I am now deathless, and you are halfway to a nuclear weapon."
Oct 04 02:14:38 <Soulless> Alicel hops over to Midnight and scoops her up for a hug.
Oct 04 02:14:47 <Soulless> "Midnight! I missed you."
Oct 04 02:14:55 <Gerald> "Halfway. I am not surprised. Dare I ask what the other half is?"
Oct 04 02:15:15 <Dodridge> Jason pulls his helmet off. "That's Two's bag."
Oct 04 02:15:34 <Sabitsuki> "I believe I discussed this with Mr. Dodridge. My associate has one more task for you."
Oct 04 02:15:34 <Dawny> 4df+4 visual inspection of Zoe's injuries.
Oct 04 02:15:35 <Glacon> Dawny: visual inspection of Zoe's injuries.: 6 (4df+4=0, 0, +, +)
Oct 04 02:15:51 <Sabitsuki> Black burns, up and down her arms and hands in patches
Oct 04 02:16:17 <Salmander> Redd gets out of Jason's bag.
Oct 04 02:16:25 <Sabitsuki> "It seems nuclear weapons are a viable market in this economy."
Oct 04 02:16:31 <Salmander> "Why the fuck do we want a nuke?"
Oct 04 02:16:32 <Sabitsuki> He smiles and checks his pocketwatch.
Oct 04 02:16:33 * Sage stows the FLASH and his long rifle, then steps back outside of Eve.
Oct 04 02:17:02 <Maddy> <To kill some flies.> Alice shouts from the drivers seat.
Oct 04 02:17:31 <Dodridge> <Nothing like using a nuke to swat flies.>
Oct 04 02:17:46 <Dawny> 4df+6 Tagging Trauma Care. Kay sighs and takes out some gauze and burn cream. She cleans and disinfects the wounds, then puts the cream over them and wraps them.
Oct 04 02:17:46 <Glacon> Dawny: Tagging Trauma Care. Kay sighs and takes out some gauze and burn cream. She cleans and disinfects the wounds, then puts the cream over them and wraps them.: 7 (4df+6=0, -, +, +)
Oct 04 02:17:48 * Gerald_ (~PI.06250957.C3AC2A01.2C57C08|alliztahc#PI.06250957.C3AC2A01.2C57C08|alliztahc) has joined #afteraction
Oct 04 02:18:03 <Gerald_> "Oh, naturally, there is always one more thing, yes? Sadly I did not even have a chance to see my birth name in the Records."
Oct 04 02:18:04 * Gerald has quit (Ping timeout)
Oct 04 02:18:08 * Gerald_ is now known as Gerald
Oct 04 02:18:10 <Sabitsuki> They don't sting anymore, but the black patches do not fade.
Oct 04 02:18:10 <Tom90deg> "Thanks Kay. Heh, was not expecting that lock to shoot out fire."
Oct 04 02:18:23 <Maddy> <I bet it's Baxter.>
Oct 04 02:18:38 <Sabitsuki> "Mm. You got lucky, I believe."
Oct 04 02:18:52 <Dawny> "Let me check them again in the morning"
Oct 04 02:18:59 <Sabitsuki> "The Good Doctor killed most of his followers for a ritual of some sort shortly before you arrived."
Oct 04 02:19:01 <Tom90deg> "Will do Doc."
Oct 04 02:19:10 <Tom90deg> "Lucky us."
Oct 04 02:19:36 <Maddy> <Curiosity, Mal, what w-would happen if your errased the date o-of someone who's already d-dead?>
Oct 04 02:20:18 <Sabitsuki> "You would destroy their soul, ma'am. Removing them from heaven, hell or whatever afterlife."
Oct 04 02:20:46 <Salmander> "Do I have a soul?"
Oct 04 02:20:48 <Maddy> <Huh. Sucks. Unless t-they're in hell.>
Oct 04 02:20:52 * ChanServ sets mode +a #afteraction Sabitsuki
Oct 04 02:20:52 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Sabitsuki
Oct 04 02:21:06 <Soulless> "I would've liked to see if my name was in there as well." Alicel is disappointed.
Oct 04 02:21:23 <Sabitsuki> "Ah. As a freebie…"
Oct 04 02:21:37 <Maddy> Alice tries to recal if she saw Alicel in the book when she skimmed.
Oct 04 02:21:50 <Sabitsuki> Mal turns and grabs a large red object from behind him. He throws it on the ground in front of the LAV.
Oct 04 02:21:55 <Sabitsuki> Yes she did
Oct 04 02:22:05 <Maddy> She keeps this to herself for now.
Oct 04 02:22:06 <Tom90deg> "Um…what's that?"
Oct 04 02:22:16 <Sabitsuki> It is an eye. Specifically, Stalkerfly's eye.
Oct 04 02:22:27 <Maddy> <Groce.>
Oct 04 02:22:31 <Gerald> Charon starts laughing.
Oct 04 02:22:35 <Tom90deg> "Is that from the huge…thing? Bleh…"
Oct 04 02:22:47 <Sabitsuki> "I got anxious to use my new body, you see."
Oct 04 02:22:54 <Sabitsuki> He jumps off the LAV, dusting himself off.
Oct 04 02:23:02 <Sage> "Looks like it worked."
Oct 04 02:23:12 <Soulless> "This is fascinating."
Oct 04 02:23:27 <Soulless> Alicel approaches it and looks over the eye, curious as fuck.
Oct 04 02:23:33 <Dawny> Kay climbs back into the turret, ready for this night to be over with.
Oct 04 02:23:56 <Gerald> "Tell me, dearest Sage, or dear Alice, did either of you see what may have been my name in the book?"
Oct 04 02:24:11 <Sabitsuki> "Indeed. As a final piece of advice, dear friends, I recommend you not idle in Sydney. The flies will be back to check on the Doctor eventually."
Oct 04 02:24:22 * Tom90deg has quit (Quit: ~ Trillian Astra - www.trillian.im ~)
Oct 04 02:24:39 <Maddy> Alice tries to recal anything about Charon!
Oct 04 02:24:51 <Flames> "Idling is the last thing I want to do," Midnight says.
Oct 04 02:25:04 <Sabitsuki> The eye's iris swivels to stare at Alicel.
Oct 04 02:25:13 <Sage> "Didn't see it, but I skipped what Doc looked at."
Oct 04 02:25:24 <Soulless> Alicel is staring back. Staring contest, and neither one can blink!
Oct 04 02:25:30 <Sabitsuki> Mal starts whistling jauntily and starts walking off down the street, his hands in his pocket.
Oct 04 02:25:32 <Sabitsuki> s.
Oct 04 02:25:41 <Sage> "Anyways, I'm resting for a bit." He steps into Eve and sits down, strapping himself in and leaning his head back, closing his eyes.
Oct 04 02:25:45 * Sage has quit (Quit: I can't do that, Dave.)
Oct 04 02:25:46 <Sabitsuki> He has multiple pockets. If he didn't, that'd be silly.
Oct 04 02:26:27 <Soulless> "Hello eye. I wonder…" Alicel moves to the right of the eye, out of its 'field of view'
Oct 04 02:26:30 <Soulless> .*
Oct 04 02:27:03 <Maddy> <Just Charon.>
Oct 04 02:27:18 <Sabitsuki> It follows.
Oct 04 02:27:35 <Soulless> Alicel jumps.
Oct 04 02:27:40 <Gerald> Charon laughs some more. "Quite funny, dearest Alice."
Oct 04 02:27:54 <Maddy> <Now.> She starts up Eve. <Where to?>
Oct 04 02:27:58 <Dawny> "Can we go to camp now?"
Oct 04 02:28:00 <Gerald> "Although I do wish to know. My birth name, if you remember it."
Oct 04 02:28:10 <Maddy> <It just said Charon.>
Oct 04 02:28:16 <Maddy> <Sorry.>
Oct 04 02:28:19 <Gerald> "…..Truthfully?"
Oct 04 02:28:27 <Gerald> He throws up his hands.
Oct 04 02:28:30 <Gerald> "Damnation!"
Oct 04 02:28:34 <Maddy> <Do I l-look like the sort who would lie?>
Oct 04 02:28:46 * Sabitsuki has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
ENDING LOGGING AT Tue Oct 04 02:29:06 2011

BEGIN LOGGING AT Tue Oct 04 02:29:07 2011

Oct 04 02:30:09 <Bright> «Micheal Hunt»
Oct 04 02:30:11 <Soulless> Alicel is quite happy playing with the eyeball, before hopping onto Eve and beginning to try his hand at those card tricks.
Oct 04 02:30:32 <Soulless> There was something he wanted to ask, but it seemed everyone was needing to sleep now. He'll ask in the morning.
Oct 04 02:30:40 <Gerald> Charon tromps away, not looking particularly happy about it.
Oct 04 02:30:59 <Dodridge> "Get us out of here hun?"
Oct 04 02:31:05 <Dodridge> "Back to where we were?
Oct 04 02:31:13 <Dodridge> "JUst get some space from the city."
Oct 04 02:31:40 <Maddy> <Yeah.> She heads off to make camp on the ourter ceaches of the city limits. Vroom.