Banking on Darrington

Jun 27 21:40:14 <Dexanote> «Hello? Who's awake?»
Jun 27 21:40:59 <Ragazzo> «I am!» Sleeps.
Jun 27 21:42:21 <Maddy> «Agent L here.»
Jun 27 21:43:14 <Dexanote> The front lights go off at the house. « I think we can get going now. » And Myr steps out, closing the door behind her. "I saw that hawk watching me today. Time to leave."
Jun 27 21:43:37 <Ragazzo> «Ok.I never liked that bird much.»
Jun 27 21:43:52 <Ragazzo> Sleeps starts gathering his things, and then packing them away.
Jun 27 21:43:54 <Tom90deg> «Hmm?»
Jun 27 21:44:02 <Tom90deg> «Right then.»
Jun 27 21:44:24 <Maddy> «M'I drivin' or gunnin'?"
Jun 27 21:44:26 <Maddy> »
Jun 27 21:44:55 <Tom90deg> Zoe quickly begins to pack her things, after a moments thought, tossing a pingpong paddle and a ball in her bag, and heads out to Eve. "Are we going to tell the King that we're leaving?"
Jun 27 21:45:18 <Maddy> "Probably not."
Jun 27 21:45:37 <Dexanote> Myr walks towards the Eve, looking around at people. "I'm sure he'll know. I'd rather get out soon as possible." She glances at Elle. "I'll drive this time, alright?"
Jun 27 21:45:54 <Maddy> "Aight, bosslady." she climbs up in the guns."
Jun 27 21:46:04 <Ragazzo> Sleeps finishes picking up stuff, presumably with other's help.
Jun 27 21:46:11 <Ragazzo> Then curls up in the back fo the lav.
Jun 27 21:47:14 <Tom90deg> Zoe climbs aboard Eve. "Any idea where we're heading?"
Jun 27 21:47:50 <Maddy> "East, last time we talked I think."
Jun 27 21:48:13 <Dexanote> "East, yeah. I'm just going to find the first town. hopefully we can find a clear building and hole up for a little while."
Jun 27 21:48:33 <Tom90deg> "Sounds good to me."
Jun 27 21:48:36 <Maddy> "Sounds good. Ready when y'all are."
Jun 27 21:49:11 <Dexanote> Myr climbs through and into the driver's seat, starting the Eve. «Alright. Lets go.»
Jun 27 21:49:51 <Dexanote> And they're off; Myr drives down the driveway and turns left, going East. A deer watches them leave from across the road; as we pull away, it turns and prances off.
Jun 27 21:50:22 <Maddy> Elle hums Evenflow to herself.
Jun 27 21:52:21 <Ragazzo> Sleeps prays in his head, as he half dozes in the back of Eve.
Jun 27 21:53:27 <Dexanote> The fields are dark, as they drive. Eventually, some multicoloured lights can be seen over the horizon.
Jun 27 21:54:12 <Maddy> «Got lights here. Looking closer.»
Jun 27 21:54:27 <Maddy> 4df+4 gunner.
Jun 27 21:54:28 <CROM> Maddy: gunner.: 2 (4df+4=-, -, +, -)
Jun 27 21:54:32 <Maddy> >:|
Jun 27 21:54:39 <Dexanote> HA HA
Jun 27 21:54:54 <Dexanote> Well those are definitely a shitload of red, yellow and green lights.
Jun 27 21:55:24 <Tom90deg> "Lights? Odd…."
Jun 27 21:55:37 <Maddy> «Shit, gun-cam's buggin', must have got dirty. Flyin' blind less you got something, Rivers.»
Jun 27 21:56:44 <Dexanote> «Well it looks like this next town has power.»
Jun 27 21:57:14 <Maddy> «Roger that.»
Jun 27 21:57:19 <Tom90deg> "I'll hold my joy untill we find out more about the town."
Jun 27 21:58:20 <Maddy> «Watch out for targets.»
Jun 27 21:58:25 <Dexanote> We approach; from here it doesn't look like too many buildings are lit. Not a particularly LARGE town, maybe at most 2000 people.
Jun 27 22:00:07 <Tom90deg> "Any radio signals from the town? Maybe 'Welcome' or 'Stay Away' or anything?"
Jun 27 22:00:36 <Ragazzo> Arnold sits up humming thoughtfully, in the back of Eve, and nods to Sleeps. "Hrm…."
Jun 27 22:02:17 <Dexanote> Slowing down, Myr nods back to Zoe and pulls up the radio. «This is the Convoy, is there anybody out there? We intend to enter city limits, but would like to give a warning first.»
Jun 27 22:04:02 <Dexanote> … and there is no answer. The radio returns static.
Jun 27 22:04:29 <Ragazzo> Arnold's fingers drum on his mask. "That's unsettling…"
Jun 27 22:04:51 <Maddy> «Welp. Keepin' my eyes out.»
Jun 27 22:05:33 <Tom90deg> "They may not have a radio."
Jun 27 22:06:02 <Tom90deg> "But yes…Hope for the best, prepare for the worst."
Jun 27 22:08:21 <Dexanote> Myr hesitates, but starts off again, keeping around 20 mph. As we approach, it's evident that almost all the light in the town are coming from many of http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Winter04/signal.jpg these. They mostly stay on one side of the town, but grow through the road, out from the lower walls of buildings, and atop normal light posts.
Jun 27 22:08:37 <Dexanote> We may perception.
Jun 27 22:08:49 <Maddy> 4df+4 eyes
Jun 27 22:08:50 <CROM> Maddy: eyes: 5 (4df+4=+, 0, -, +)
Jun 27 22:09:21 <Maddy> «That's anomalous if I ever saw it.»
Jun 27 22:09:30 <Tom90deg> "What is?"
Jun 27 22:09:42 <Ragazzo> Arnold tilts his head, listening.
Jun 27 22:10:31 <Maddy> Elle can't hear Zoe.
Jun 27 22:10:52 <Ragazzo> «What's out there?»
Jun 27 22:10:54 <Dexanote> "… Uh. Traffic Light Trees, Zoe."
Jun 27 22:11:17 <Maddy> «100 feet, straigh ahead, got some regular reflections it llooks like.»
Jun 27 22:11:36 <Tom90deg> "Traffic lights? Is that the only thing that's lighting up?"
Jun 27 22:11:39 <Ragazzo> "Hm."
Jun 27 22:12:14 <Maddy> «Ought to head there, see what's what.»
Jun 27 22:12:57 <Dexanote> "Well this is a new one." «Thanks.» Myr continues on, swerving to avoid a rather stout tree. They continue down the road; cars have been parked on either side, with one or two flipped over by trees growing beside or through them. "Just hold on."
Jun 27 22:13:56 <Tom90deg> "Right."
Jun 27 22:14:30 <Dexanote> Soon they come to a stop at a corner. "… Alright. I think… We can get out here."
Jun 27 22:15:09 <Ragazzo> Sleeps has dozed off entirely, and Arnold picks up his own radio. «Alright. Opening the back.»
Jun 27 22:15:13 <Ragazzo> He does so.
Jun 27 22:15:43 <Tom90deg> Zoe looks out the back, seeing what's around.
Jun 27 22:16:08 <Maddy> «Got you covered.»
Jun 27 22:16:14 <Ragazzo> Arnold hops out, slipping his mask on.
Jun 27 22:16:28 <Ragazzo> 4df+4 A stealth roll. Point expended.
Jun 27 22:16:29 <CROM> Ragazzo: A stealth roll. Point expended.: 1 (4df+4=0, -, -, -)
Jun 27 22:16:45 <Ragazzo> He trips. On his face.
Jun 27 22:16:48 <Tom90deg> 4df+5 Stealth
Jun 27 22:16:48 <CROM> Tom90deg: Stealth: 8 (4df+5=0, +, +, +)
Jun 27 22:17:00 <Ragazzo> Poft.
Jun 27 22:17:02 <Tom90deg> Zoe vanishes.
Jun 27 22:17:09 <Dexanote> Outside they've come to a corner of a Main Street, fairly small-town. At one corner is a bank, lit up inside with normal white fluorescent lights; the bank's old fashioned outside, but modern inside. Across from the bank diagonally is a fountain, dry, with several traffic light trees growing out of it.
Jun 27 22:17:43 <Tom90deg> «Any thoughts?»
Jun 27 22:18:06 <Maddy> «Check the bank. Someone wanna take the gun so I can take a team in?»
Jun 27 22:18:07 <Dexanote> Down three roads are shops, small offices, a movie theatre, a coffee shop, and a small apartment building.
Jun 27 22:18:21 <Ragazzo> Arnold sits up, grumbling, and takes off his mask.
Jun 27 22:18:25 <Dexanote> «I'll take it, Elle. Go ahead.»
Jun 27 22:18:58 <Ragazzo> Or rather, leaves it on as he gets up.
Jun 27 22:19:14 <Tom90deg> "Right, bank."
Jun 27 22:19:19 <Tom90deg> "Heh…it has been a while…."
Jun 27 22:19:35 <Ragazzo> "Mmph. Mph."
Jun 27 22:19:42 <Maddy> She dismounts, checks her guns and follows along, eventually leading. "Alright, let's do this smart ok?"
Jun 27 22:19:44 <Ragazzo> Gasmask obscures james' speech.
Jun 27 22:19:54 <Maddy> Shitty gasmask.
Jun 27 22:19:56 <Tom90deg> "Lead the way."
Jun 27 22:20:14 <Ragazzo> He likes it. ;-;
Jun 27 22:21:09 <Maddy> Elle makes a little jog for the wall of the bank, then shuffles carefully towards a door or window she can peek into.
Jun 27 22:21:09 <Ragazzo> Arnold's speech rather
Jun 27 22:21:36 <Tom90deg> Zoe follows, hugging the wall.
Jun 27 22:21:39 <Ragazzo> 4df+4 Arnold tries to sink into the darkness again.
Jun 27 22:21:40 <CROM> Ragazzo: Arnold tries to sink into the darkness again.: 3 (4df+4=0, -, -, +)
Jun 27 22:21:48 <Ragazzo> He does so now. PAdding along quietly.
Jun 27 22:21:53 <Dexanote> The bank is a fairly broad, white stone building, taking the corner of the street diagonally. It stands three stories tall, with heavy metal doors. Inside is dimly lit with a few lights here and there.
Jun 27 22:22:37 <Dexanote> there are indeed fairly large windows on each floor, Elle; inside, you notice a bit of upturned furniture, but no gore, dead bodies, monsters, spiders, or gory undead spider monsters.
Jun 27 22:22:49 <Tom90deg> "Think the alarm is still working? I imagine we don't want to let the whole town know we're here…" zoe says quietly to Elle
Jun 27 22:23:52 <Maddy> "Furniture's been tossed around. Doubt the alarm's gonna be an issue." she motions towads the door. "You wanna give it a little scout out? Don't think we're build right for a conventionl clearing."
Jun 27 22:24:11 <Ragazzo> "Mmhmm."
Jun 27 22:25:02 * Ragazzo has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Jun 27 22:25:06 <Tom90deg> "Alright. If i come bolting out of the wall, don't hesitate to open up."
Jun 27 22:25:26 <Maddy> "Got it."
Jun 27 22:26:01 <Tom90deg> Zoe moves around the front of the building, quietly porting through the glass window, looking around.
Jun 27 22:29:06 <Tom90deg> If nothing seems to be around, she'll move to the front door and give it a quick look, seeing if it's alright to open.
Jun 27 22:29:59 <Dexanote> Inside the front hall are come scattered papers, and some tossed about chairs. Nothing too bad, it looks like.
Jun 27 22:30:19 <Dexanote> The front door looks locked from the inside with a heavy lock. Hmm.
Jun 27 22:30:36 <Dexanote> The lock is oldfashioned heavy, and looks fairly complex. It's set straight in the door.
Jun 27 22:31:09 <Tom90deg> «Looks clear, but a weird lock on the door…Gimme a second.»
Jun 27 22:31:32 <Tom90deg> Zoe pulls out her picks, and kneels down in front of the lock, begining to work the tumblers.
Jun 27 22:31:35 <Maddy> «Locked from in or out?»
Jun 27 22:31:48 <Tom90deg> «From inside, but no key.»
Jun 27 22:32:19 <Maddy> «Shit, moving to the door now. Careful, whoever locked it is probably still in there.»
Jun 27 22:32:37 <Tom90deg> «Will do.»
Jun 27 22:32:46 <Tom90deg> 4df+5 Lockpickin
Jun 27 22:32:46 <CROM> Tom90deg: Lockpickin: 7 (4df+5=+, 0, 0, +)
Jun 27 22:32:54 <Maddy> Ell runs to the door, standing to the side and scoping the space infront of the door, is it clear if Zoe needs to port?
Jun 27 22:33:19 <Dexanote> Hm. Almost, Zoe.
Jun 27 22:34:00 <Dexanote> Almost… Try one more time. You can feel it, almost there.
Jun 27 22:34:21 <Tom90deg> 4df+7 Tagging "Stop Thief!"
Jun 27 22:34:21 <CROM> Tom90deg: Tagging "Stop Thief!": 8 (4df+7=+, +, -, 0)
Jun 27 22:35:38 <Dexanote> There's a solid, satisfying, delicious CLK, as the door releases its lock.
Jun 27 22:36:21 <Tom90deg> Zoe pulls it free and opens the door. "Tada."
Jun 27 22:37:19 <Tom90deg> "Been forever since I had the chance to do that…"
Jun 27 22:37:32 <Maddy> "Good work." Elle steps in sweeping the room. "Let's do this fast. See if they got a garage for Brinx trucks where we can stow the LAV."
Jun 27 22:39:02 <Tom90deg> "Right."
Jun 27 22:39:04 <Dexanote> The hall has bank tellers on one side, and a fairly nondescript, blank door in one corner.
Jun 27 22:39:11 <Maddy> "I'll go on point. Keep a hand on my pull bar, and if need be, yank me to safty, right?"
Jun 27 22:39:44 <Tom90deg> "Will do."
Jun 27 22:40:15 <Tom90deg> "I hid in a vault with Dusty when all this started."
Jun 27 22:40:41 <Tom90deg> Zoe draws her sword, and stays behind Elle, looking around.
Jun 27 22:41:00 <Maddy> She rolls her shoulder and starts moving, clearing behind the tellers statons and so forth and moving to the blank door unless Dex says there stuff behind the counter.
Jun 27 22:41:26 <Dexanote> Well you can always look.
Jun 27 22:41:46 <Dexanote> I never said there WASN'T anything behind the counters. It's just… kind of dim inside.
Jun 27 22:41:55 <Tom90deg> Zoe does. That's how she found her coin, always check behind the counters.
Jun 27 22:43:32 <Dexanote> Well ok. Anyway, through the door is a hall, fairly wide, going right and left. Right goes around a corner, left goes up stairs.
Jun 27 22:44:36 <Tom90deg> "Right hand rule?" Zoe wispers to Elle.
Jun 27 22:45:03 <Maddy> 4df+3 Elle peers up the stairs, just in case she can see something, movement or whatever.
Jun 27 22:45:04 <CROM> Maddy: Elle peers up the stairs, just in case she can see something, movement or whatever.: 4 (4df+3=+, +, -, 0)
Jun 27 22:45:26 <Tom90deg> 4df+2 Zoe eyes the opposite hallway.
Jun 27 22:45:26 <CROM> Tom90deg: Zoe eyes the opposite hallway.: 1 (4df+2=-, +, -, 0)
Jun 27 22:45:52 <Dexanote> You cannot detect movement , Elle. Or Zoe, but i think Zoe just poked herself in the eye.
Jun 27 22:46:06 <Tom90deg> "Damn dust…"
Jun 27 22:46:31 <Maddy> "Got nothing on the stairs. Lets do that one quickly, work from the top down after."
Jun 27 22:47:33 <Tom90deg> "Right."
Jun 27 22:47:40 <Dexanote> Alright.
Jun 27 22:47:41 <Dexanote> give me
Jun 27 22:47:46 <Dexanote> 5 minutes to use the bathroom.
Jun 27 22:47:51 <Maddy> K
Jun 27 22:53:31 <Dexanote> okay!
Jun 27 22:53:39 <Dexanote> Maddy: Tom90deg
Jun 27 22:53:56 <Maddy> Woop
Jun 27 22:54:11 * Light (~gro.slck.EC5D1B47-CRInys|thgiL#gro.slck.EC5D1B47-CRInys|thgiL) has joined #afteraction
Jun 27 22:59:50 <Dexanote> The two look up the stairs; soon Issur, aka Thor McHunkmeister, catches up behind.
Jun 27 23:02:05 <Maddy> Elle spins to see who just caught up, pointing her gun at him a moment. "Glad you could make it Issur." she motions back to the stairs. "Ready for some climbing?"
Jun 27 23:02:05 <Light> He is carrying a hunting rifle with him, and looking very nervous about having to use it.
Jun 27 23:02:23 <Tom90deg> "Hey Issur."
Jun 27 23:03:07 <Light> "I think I can handle it." He grins.
Jun 27 23:03:44 <Maddy> She chuckles. "Looks like three floors, going straight to the top then moving down, good?"
Jun 27 23:04:05 <Light> He's also carrying a small backpack, without much in it- though the tip of an ice axe points out.
Jun 27 23:06:18 <Light> "Gotcha."
Jun 27 23:06:32 <Maddy> Elle nods and starts her accent.
Jun 27 23:07:08 <Dexanote> The stairs beckon; fairly solid looking, they lead up to a landing, then to the next floor.
Jun 27 23:07:44 <Tom90deg> Zoe follows after Elle.
Jun 27 23:07:49 <Maddy> Ell stops at the second floor, just to give a listen, moving on to the 3rd if she hers nothing.
Jun 27 23:08:54 * Pemander (moc.tsewnepoediw.yrt.2C0C72D2-CRInys|tibbiM#moc.tsewnepoediw.yrt.2C0C72D2-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Jun 27 23:09:04 <Tom90deg> 4df+2 what do your elf ears hear?
Jun 27 23:09:05 <CROM> Tom90deg: what do your elf ears hear?: 0 (4df+2=-, +, -, -)
Jun 27 23:09:12 <Dexanote> The next floor seems fairly… dull. An office area with tables on each wall, a lamp or two flickering in and out of light. One fluorescent bulb tube remains lit.
Jun 27 23:09:17 <Dexanote> Can't hear shit, Zoe.
Jun 27 23:09:26 * Ragazzo (ten.labolgcbs.ackorf.deepsthgil.9D9E68E8-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.labolgcbs.ackorf.deepsthgil.9D9E68E8-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Jun 27 23:10:14 <Maddy> 4df+3 forgot to roll, listening
Jun 27 23:10:16 <CROM> Maddy: forgot to roll, listening: 4 (4df+3=0, 0, 0, +)
Jun 27 23:10:38 <Dexanote> pause.
Jun 27 23:13:31 <Dexanote> And arianna runs up the stairs behind. Maddy, that is what you hear.
Jun 27 23:13:45 <Pemander> Arianna doesn't run.
Jun 27 23:13:46 <Pemander> She walks.
Jun 27 23:13:48 <Pemander> Maybe even tiptoes.
Jun 27 23:13:55 <Dexanote> Also, there's creaking upstairs. Issur, you may roll Percep too.
Jun 27 23:13:58 <Pemander> Still loud enough to detect with a 4, though.
Jun 27 23:14:11 <Dexanote> Arianna you run or so help me god I'll have the Eye Spiders ambush you
Jun 27 23:14:17 <Pemander> Arianna runs!
Jun 27 23:14:17 <Maddy> Agains she spins around at the sound of feet, gun up. "Jesus why are people doing that?"
Jun 27 23:14:29 <Pemander> She tilts her head. "Doing what?"
Jun 27 23:15:01 <Maddy> "Alright, whatever y'all are here now." she sighs. "Heard movement upstairs, who here's got a gun and knows how to use it?"
Jun 27 23:15:18 <Pemander> "I have a weapon."
Jun 27 23:15:24 <Pemander> Arianna fans out her knives. "Or several."
Jun 27 23:15:25 <Light> 4df Issur has a derp eye
Jun 27 23:15:26 <CROM> Light: Issur has a derp eye: 1 (4df=0, -, +, +)
Jun 27 23:15:29 <Maddy> "I said gun."
Jun 27 23:15:45 <Pemander> "How do you know a gun is going to be more useful?"
Jun 27 23:15:49 <Dexanote> Issur's eye derps.
Jun 27 23:15:50 <Light> He is actively -not- tripping over obstacles! Much!
Jun 27 23:16:05 <Maddy> She flat faces a little. "Anyone?"
Jun 27 23:16:13 <Light> "Got this one," Issur lifts his hunting rifle. "I'm a fair shot."
Jun 27 23:16:16 <Pemander> Arianna frowns.
Jun 27 23:16:18 <Dexanote> Furniture has been lightly tossed around, but you're okay Issur!
Jun 27 23:16:25 <Tom90deg> Zoe shakes her head.
Jun 27 23:17:19 <Maddy> "Alright you're with me then, we're gonna head up, I'll clear left, you right. Know how to clear a room?"
Jun 27 23:18:00 <Dexanote> bullets the bad things to dead
Jun 27 23:18:03 <Pemander> "Jarheads…" mutters Arianna.
Jun 27 23:18:07 <Tom90deg> "Where do you want us Elle?"
Jun 27 23:18:39 <Maddy> "Behind us, on sec." she awaits Issur's answer.
Jun 27 23:19:08 <Ragazzo> Arnold has been sneaking around.
Jun 27 23:19:09 <Pemander> "Is there a door separating the staircase from the next room?"
Jun 27 23:19:29 <Light> "Yell a lot, sweep around, and watch for baddies? I've only seen movies."
Jun 27 23:19:51 <Pemander> "Or the next floor, I guess. Whatever you want to call it."
Jun 27 23:20:10 <Ragazzo> He's been witht eh group the whole time.
Jun 27 23:20:39 <Maddy> "I dont know we haven't been up there yet." she chuckles, a little exasterbated but understanding she's not with the Corps anymore. "Alright We head in the door, check center, then fan to the right, I'll go left. Call any targets you see, don't shoot unless you got to. Might just be civvies."
Jun 27 23:20:52 <Pemander> "…"
Jun 27 23:20:55 <Maddy> Once youve clearedd right, clear up. Call out whan you've cleared."
Jun 27 23:21:02 <Pemander> "Isn't there a better way to do this besides, you know, guns blazing?"
Jun 27 23:21:13 <Maddy> "Communication is key…who said anything about gns blazing?"
Jun 27 23:21:15 <Pemander> "Whatever, whatever. It doesn't matter. You're the boss."
Jun 27 23:21:25 <Ragazzo> "Mmph." Arnold checks the silencers on his handguns.
Jun 27 23:21:31 <Pemander> "Well not /blazing/, but out."
Jun 27 23:21:42 <Dexanote> Across the room from the stairway is another, which curls around and up.
Jun 27 23:21:44 <Pemander> "Why don't you just check it sneaky-like?"
Jun 27 23:21:50 <Pemander> "I have a hand mirror you can use."
Jun 27 23:22:21 <Maddy> "Gun's not gonna help me in it's holster, and we're the one's at a disadvantage here. I'm not fooling around. We ready?"
Jun 27 23:22:24 <Light> "Okay, Elle." He nods.
Jun 27 23:22:30 <Pemander> Ari sighs.
Jun 27 23:22:32 <Tom90deg> "We'll be behind you when you give the word…"
Jun 27 23:22:45 <Light> He holds his rifle up.
Jun 27 23:23:08 <Maddy> She nods, and heads up to the third floor. Is there a door?
Jun 27 23:23:36 <Dexanote> No. But it's a lot darker up here.
Jun 27 23:24:55 <Ragazzo> Arnold looks around, the lesnes of his gasmask glowing dimly in the dark. Was his suit always so inky black…?"
Jun 27 23:24:56 <Maddy> "Alright, go!" she hits her lights, poiting to what should be the center of the room, fanning to the left. Now I wait for Others and dex to do his thang.
Jun 27 23:25:19 <Ragazzo> Arnold fans in an appropriate direction, scanning left to right.
Jun 27 23:25:20 <Tom90deg> Zoe awaits for Elle's signal that it's clear to enter.
Jun 27 23:25:43 <Light> Issur goes right in after her, pointing to the center, and sweeping right, looking for movement or anomalies.
Jun 27 23:25:52 <Dexanote> Elle.
Jun 27 23:25:55 <Dexanote> Defense.
Jun 27 23:27:00 <Dexanote> Actually hold on. EVERYONE, Pdef. I'm saving this particular encounter for a bit later.
Jun 27 23:27:17 <Ragazzo> 4df+3 p. def
Jun 27 23:27:17 <CROM> Ragazzo: p. def: 4 (4df+3=+, 0, -, +)
Jun 27 23:27:23 <Light> 4df+4 hurrrr
Jun 27 23:27:24 <CROM> Light: hurrrr: 2 (4df+4=0, 0, -, -)
Jun 27 23:27:27 <Light> Wait
Jun 27 23:27:31 <Light> 4df+3 hurrr
Jun 27 23:27:32 <CROM> Light: hurrr: 2 (4df+3=+, 0, -, -)
Jun 27 23:27:34 <Maddy> 4df+3
Jun 27 23:27:35 <CROM> Maddy: 1 (4df+3=0, -, -, 0)
Jun 27 23:27:56 <Tom90deg> 4df+5
Jun 27 23:27:57 <CROM> Tom90deg: 5 (4df+5=+, 0, -, 0)
Jun 27 23:30:56 <Dexanote> The wall blows out; dozens of shards of rock rip through the room, most of them knocking the shit out of Elle and Thor. And Arianna, if she ever properly rolls and gets under 3. The rocks flip and spin away, blasting out the other side. Do we remember, about nine months ago, someone shattered the Rock that Falls Sideways? I do.
Jun 27 23:31:21 <Maddy> "Mother FUCK!"
Jun 27 23:31:43 * Forsythia (moc.tsewnepoediw.yrt.2C0C72D2-CRInys|tibbiM#moc.tsewnepoediw.yrt.2C0C72D2-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Jun 27 23:31:51 <Ragazzo> Arnold scuttles back. "Mph mmhm!"
Jun 27 23:31:59 <Tom90deg> Zoe jumps, vanishing and reapering at the bottom of the stairs. "Bloody Hell!"
Jun 27 23:32:02 <Forsythia> 4df+3
Jun 27 23:32:03 <CROM> Forsythia: 4 (4df+3=+, -, +, 0)
Jun 27 23:32:16 <Dexanote> Oh Arianna's fine.
Jun 27 23:32:34 <Forsythia> She makes sure to duck in case of any incoming shrapnel anyway.
Jun 27 23:32:42 <Tom90deg> "Is everyone ok?"
Jun 27 23:32:49 <Dexanote> Elle, Thor, -1 Body. But no LASTING damage.
Jun 27 23:32:53 <Maddy> Elle take a few deep breaths and feels over herslef for bleeding.
Jun 27 23:32:53 <Forsythia> "Is it too soon to say 'I told you so'?"
Jun 27 23:32:59 <Forsythia> "Or should I wait a bit longer?"
Jun 27 23:33:09 <Maddy> "No, cause what you said would not have stopped that from happening."
Jun 27 23:33:12 <Light> Issur crosses his hands over his face and crouches, though a little too late. He makes a muffled "aaaauugh."
Jun 27 23:33:29 <Forsythia> "If you say so, jarhead."
Jun 27 23:33:49 <Tom90deg> Zoe approaches. "Are you two ok?"
Jun 27 23:33:55 <Maddy> "Fucking stupid rock. Who invented that thing!" she yells at it as it saills off.
Jun 27 23:34:13 <Tom90deg> "What? That was a rock? I thought we tripped a explosive!"
Jun 27 23:34:28 <Ragazzo> "Mph…"
Jun 27 23:34:30 <Maddy> "So did I, till the fucker kept going."
Jun 27 23:34:39 <Forsythia> "Are you okay, Arnold?"
Jun 27 23:34:47 <Ragazzo> "MHm."
Jun 27 23:35:08 <Tom90deg> Zoe shakes her head. "May we assume that we've lost any element of surprize?"
Jun 27 23:35:18 <Light> "Ow.
Jun 27 23:35:32 <Forsythia> "As if we had any in the first place."
Jun 27 23:35:32 <Maddy> Elle gets to her feet,assuming she's not bleeding freely or anything, and goes to help Issur up.
Jun 27 23:35:33 <Light> " He presses a cut on his arm.
Jun 27 23:35:38 * Pemander has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Jun 27 23:36:06 * Forsythia is now known as Pemander
Jun 27 23:36:07 <Light> "Thanks." He grabs her hand and rises to his feet, feels his face over for any damage, and looks around the room.
Jun 27 23:36:15 <Maddy> "You ok, bro?"
Jun 27 23:36:28 <Pemander> Arianna leans forward to peer at the room as well, assuming she is able to do so.
Jun 27 23:36:58 <Maddy> Elle lights up a glow stick and tosses it to light up the room.
Jun 27 23:36:59 <Tom90deg> Zoe looks around the corner into the room.
Jun 27 23:37:53 <Dexanote> Sorry hold on
Jun 27 23:38:14 <Dexanote> Myrtle comes over the radios. «Okay what was that.»
Jun 27 23:38:29 <Pemander> «A rock.»
Jun 27 23:38:32 <Light> "I'm good." He nods.
Jun 27 23:38:34 <Tom90deg> «Some sort of rock…I think Elle knows for sure.»
Jun 27 23:39:09 <Maddy> «Rock that falls sidways, remember that stupid thing? I think it hit the Doc once.»
Jun 27 23:39:15 <Light> "What?"
Jun 27 23:39:18 <Dexanote> «Fuuuuu- Is everyone alright?»
Jun 27 23:39:34 <Maddy> «Issur and I got hit, nothing serious.»
Jun 27 23:39:45 <Dexanote> Meanwhile… one of the lamp's knocked over in the room.
Jun 27 23:40:01 <Pemander> Arianna tenses up and looks to the lamp.
Jun 27 23:40:12 <Pemander> 4df+4 perception, Arianna is rapidly picking out potential targets and aiming
Jun 27 23:40:12 <CROM> Pemander: perception, Arianna is rapidly picking out potential targets and aiming: 8 (4df+4=+, +, +, +)
Jun 27 23:40:13 <Maddy> «…shit got movement, gotta go.» Elle spins to the sound, gun/light pointed.
Jun 27 23:40:16 <Dexanote> A figure is crouched in the forner.
Jun 27 23:40:29 <Pemander> That was a maneuver to throwing, if it wasn't clear.
Jun 27 23:40:36 <Dexanote> Arianna immediately notices a rather frail looking humanoid figure measuring 2.1 metres in height and 70 kg in weight.
Jun 27 23:41:06 <Maddy> Elle keeps her light on it, looking it over.
Jun 27 23:41:14 <Pemander> "Tall, really thin."
Jun 27 23:41:16 <Dexanote> http://www.scp-wiki.net/local--files/scp-550/Ghoul3.jpg this is revealed through Issur's light. It's body language seems scared and angry.
Jun 27 23:41:19 <Ragazzo> Arnold turns, guns lifted.
Jun 27 23:41:20 <Pemander> "Doesn't look human."
Jun 27 23:42:05 <Tom90deg> "Oh dear….Can it understand us?"
Jun 27 23:42:23 <Light> "Hey, buddy," Issur says gently to it.
Jun 27 23:43:02 <Maddy> Elle keeps her sights on it, letting issue do the talking.
Jun 27 23:43:13 <Dexanote> It turns to 'look' at Issur, raising its hands.
Jun 27 23:43:35 <Pemander> "We aren't going to harm you if you extend us the same courtesy," says Arianna to the figure.
Jun 27 23:43:44 <Maddy> She lowers her gun to low ready, still ready to raise and fire if it comes to that.
Jun 27 23:43:50 <Light> "Are you okay? We're not gonna hurt you."
Jun 27 23:44:21 <Dexanote> It edges around, looking back and forth between everyone. It looks fucking startled.
Jun 27 23:44:36 <Dexanote> Was PROBABLY sleeping, before the fucking rock blew its place apart.
Jun 27 23:45:33 <Tom90deg> Zoe glances at Elle. "Any thoughts?"
Jun 27 23:45:43 <Light> "Can you talk?"
Jun 27 23:45:49 <Dexanote> The Ghul looks at Issur.
Jun 27 23:46:09 <Maddy> "No idea, Zoe."
Jun 27 23:46:15 <Pemander> Arianna removes her book from her jacket as well as a pencil.
Jun 27 23:46:21 <Pemander> She rips out a page and slides both over to the figure.
Jun 27 23:46:30 <Pemander> "Know how to write?"
Jun 27 23:46:40 * Tanhony has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Jun 27 23:46:45 <Dexanote> It looks at Arianna and steps forward once.
Jun 27 23:47:00 <Pemander> Arianna crouches slightly lower, wary.
Jun 27 23:47:20 <Pemander> Her fingers are not far from her knives.
Jun 27 23:48:00 <Dexanote> The Ghul is shaky, but not /scared/; probably very weak.
Jun 27 23:48:59 <Pemander> She makes a writing gesture in the air in front of her with a nonexistent pencil. "Write?"
Jun 27 23:49:03 <Pemander> "English?"
Jun 27 23:49:59 <Dexanote> It looks at the pen and gently kicks it back to Arianna. It doesn't seem.. particularly intelligent
Jun 27 23:50:09 <Pemander> Arianna sighs.
Jun 27 23:50:56 <Light> "You need food?" He mimes eating. "Or hurt?" He grabs his arm and pulls a frown to illustrate.
Jun 27 23:52:29 <Maddy> «Myrtle, we got an anomalous humanoid. 7 foot tall, skinny and malnurished…looks like it's made of cornhusks.»
Jun 27 23:52:46 <Maddy> «Unagressive so far.»
Jun 27 23:52:47 <Dexanote> It looks at Issue, quietly approaching closer. «Eerr. Is it hostile?»
Jun 27 23:53:28 <Maddy> «Don't think so, but it's making moves towards us, not sure I feel good about that.»
Jun 27 23:53:40 <Dexanote> «Keep me updated.»
Jun 27 23:53:48 <Maddy> «Roger that.»
Jun 27 23:54:11 <Dexanote> The Ghul, meanwhile, draws closer to Issur, hunching over a bit, fingers fidgeting, looking right at his face.
Jun 27 23:54:24 <Tom90deg> "Don't forget that horse….Seemed really nice…"
Jun 27 23:54:35 <Maddy> "Hey, hey now, stay back, buddy."
Jun 27 23:54:54 <Dexanote> It looks at Elle, and back at issur.
Jun 27 23:54:56 <Light> "Elle, can you watch him, while I go into my pack? I think I got an energy bar or something in there."
Jun 27 23:55:03 <Maddy> Zoe might realize no one here was around when the horse showed.
Jun 27 23:55:13 <Maddy> "Got you covered."
Jun 27 23:56:07 * Nus|LoL has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Jun 27 23:56:21 <Light> "Thanks." Slowly, showing the thing his hands, he swings his backpack around to his front.
Jun 27 23:56:35 <Light> Dropping the pressure he's keeping on his cut arm, he fishes around and pulls out a Luna bar (because fuck you they're delicious), and starts unwrapping it.
Jun 27 23:56:57 <Dexanote> Ghul reaches…
Jun 27 23:57:22 <Light> Issur holds it out.
Jun 27 23:57:26 <Light> It's carrot-cake flavored.
Jun 27 23:57:32 <Maddy> Elle is wound like a steel spring, just in case.
Jun 27 23:58:04 <Dexanote> Ghul reaches for the bar… And quickly reaches past, gripping Issur's wound. Defense!
Jun 27 23:58:13 <Pemander> Get healed, son.
Jun 27 23:58:35 <Light> 4df+3 Oh shit
Jun 27 23:58:36 <CROM> Light: Oh shit: 5 (4df+3=0, +, +, 0)
Jun 27 23:58:49 <Light> He wrenches backwards.
Jun 27 23:59:03 <Dexanote> Ghul's grip is fairly weak; its touch burns like shit.
Jun 27 23:59:13 <Maddy> 4df+6 Tagging mission over the man.
Jun 27 23:59:14 <CROM> Maddy: Tagging mission over the man.: 5 (4df+6=0, -, 0, 0)
Jun 27 23:59:24 <Maddy> ^shooty incase you didnt know
Jun 27 23:59:52 <Dexanote> 4df+4
Jun 27 23:59:53 <CROM> Dexanote: 7 (4df+4=+, 0, +, +)
Jun 28 00:00:11 <Maddy> >:| oh for cock's sake
Jun 28 00:00:14 <Dexanote> The Ghul backhands Elle's gun out of reflex, knocking it out of her hands!
Jun 28 00:00:26 <Maddy> "Take it down!"
Jun 28 00:00:39 <Dexanote> It turns, leaping at Issur! Everyone move immediately!
Jun 28 00:00:43 <Pemander> Arianna happily obliges.
Jun 28 00:00:46 <Maddy> «It's hostile!» Elle scrambles after her gun
Jun 28 00:00:53 <Pemander> 4df+6 Knives at +2 from maneuver, unless i get more for a critsuccess
Jun 28 00:00:54 <CROM> Pemander: Knives at +2 from maneuver, unless i get more for a critsuccess: 5 (4df+6=0, 0, 0, -)
Jun 28 00:00:59 <Dexanote> 4df+4
Jun 28 00:00:59 <CROM> Dexanote: 4 (4df+4=-, +, -, +)
Jun 28 00:01:06 <Light> Issur pulls up his hunting rifle, as he's stepping back, and attempts to shoot it in the face.
Jun 28 00:01:15 <Light> 4df+3 bang bang freaky motherfucker
Jun 28 00:01:16 <CROM> Light: bang bang freaky motherfucker: 3 (4df+3=0, -, +, 0)
Jun 28 00:01:27 <Dexanote> The knives imbed themselves in Ghul's side; it wretches, stumbling to the side-
Jun 28 00:01:29 <Dexanote> 4df+4
Jun 28 00:01:29 <CROM> Dexanote: 4 (4df+4=-, +, -, +)
Jun 28 00:01:39 <Dexanote> Out of the way of Issur's shots!
Jun 28 00:01:44 <Tom90deg> 4df+5 Thinking with Portals
Jun 28 00:01:44 <CROM> Tom90deg: Thinking with Portals: 7 (4df+5=-, +, +, +)
Jun 28 00:02:02 <Tom90deg> (Melee)
Jun 28 00:03:12 <Dexanote> 4df+4
Jun 28 00:03:13 <CROM> Dexanote: 6 (4df+4=+, +, 0, 0)
Jun 28 00:03:20 <Dexanote> describe!
Jun 28 00:03:52 <Light> He falls back, turns safety on on the gun adn sticks it through his backpack, and pulls the ice axe out of his bag fluidly.
Jun 28 00:04:05 <Tom90deg> Zoe ports to the side as it stumbles, sword out, slashing at it's crusty corn-husk skin, the blade sliceing downwards.
Jun 28 00:04:35 <Dexanote> It's cut! Bright red blood splurts downward!
Jun 28 00:05:03 <Dexanote> Ghul, now pretty badly wounded, lurches at Zoe! Defense!
Jun 28 00:05:04 <Ragazzo> Arnold also shot at it, but missed.
Jun 28 00:05:36 <Tom90deg> 4df+7 (Teleport, 3 AP remaining)
Jun 28 00:05:37 <CROM> Tom90deg: (Teleport, 3 AP remaining): 8 (4df+7=0, +, 0, 0)
Jun 28 00:05:58 <Dexanote> Ghul stumbles and falls on its crinkly face, as Zoe ports behind it.
Jun 28 00:09:06 <Light> 4df+4 ath maneuver- Issur pushes himself from the wall and starts charging the thing.
Jun 28 00:09:08 <CROM> Light: ath maneuver- Issur pushes himself from the wall and starts charging the thing.: 3 (4df+4=-, +, -, 0)
Jun 28 00:09:45 <Dexanote> Success; you may apply that maneuver here when it matters. Go, Elle.
Jun 28 00:10:04 <Maddy> 4df+4 Elle recovers her gun, spinning and shooting for the face, assuming her shot is clear.
Jun 28 00:10:05 <CROM> Maddy: Elle recovers her gun, spinning and shooting for the face, assuming her shot is clear.: 4 (4df+4=-, +, 0, 0)
Jun 28 00:10:26 <Dexanote> 4df+4
Jun 28 00:10:27 <CROM> Dexanote: 5 (4df+4=0, 0, 0, +)
Jun 28 00:10:28 <Dexanote> Always clear
Jun 28 00:10:45 <Dexanote> Except, the Ghul blindly grabs a lamp and bats your gun away! AGAIN!
Jun 28 00:10:58 <Maddy> "OH FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST!"
Jun 28 00:11:09 <Pemander> "Let me see if I can help."
Jun 28 00:11:13 <Pemander> Arianna is rigging the game.
Jun 28 00:11:25 <Pemander> 4df+4 Throwing maneuver to pin its foot to the ground and reduce pdef. Counter with pdef.
Jun 28 00:11:26 <CROM> Pemander: Throwing maneuver to pin its foot to the ground and reduce pdef. Counter with pdef.: 4 (4df+4=-, -, +, +)
Jun 28 00:11:30 <Pemander> Corrected roll: 6
Jun 28 00:11:48 <Dexanote> 4df+4
Jun 28 00:11:49 <CROM> Dexanote: 7 (4df+4=+, +, +, 0)
Jun 28 00:11:57 <Dexanote> Describe what you were trying to do.
Jun 28 00:12:12 <Pemander> Arianna tosses out her remaining two knives, aiming for its feet.
Jun 28 00:12:20 <Pemander> Or at least that is what she tried to do.
Jun 28 00:12:45 <Dexanote> It pops twice, dancing around the knives, keeling over to one side because it's bleeding a lot.
Jun 28 00:13:09 <Pemander> "It's fast."
Jun 28 00:13:39 <Tom90deg> 4df+3 (Ath Manuver) Zoe, from behind it takes aim again, preparing for a solid strike
Jun 28 00:13:39 <CROM> Tom90deg: (Ath Manuver) Zoe, from behind it takes aim again, preparing for a solid strike: 1 (4df+3=0, -, 0, -)
Jun 28 00:13:45 <Dexanote> 4df+4
Jun 28 00:13:46 <CROM> Dexanote: 3 (4df+4=0, -, +, -)
Jun 28 00:13:58 <Dexanote> It backhands her, booping her nose.
Jun 28 00:14:18 <Ragazzo> 4df+3 Arnold shoots at it. Quite a lot.
Jun 28 00:14:18 <CROM> Ragazzo: Arnold shoots at it. Quite a lot.: 3 (4df+3=+, -, +, -)
Jun 28 00:14:25 <Tom90deg> Zoe stumbles back, a bit confused.
Jun 28 00:14:31 <Dexanote> 4df+4
Jun 28 00:14:31 <CROM> Dexanote: 6 (4df+4=0, 0, +, +)
Jun 28 00:14:40 <Ragazzo> wait, oop,s that's a 2, but yeah
Jun 28 00:14:58 <Maddy> 4df+4 Elle picks up her gun AGAIN, backing the fuck away and shooting.
Jun 28 00:14:59 <CROM> Maddy: Elle picks up her gun AGAIN, backing the fuck away and shooting.: 2 (4df+4=0, 0, -, -)
Jun 28 00:15:02 <Dexanote> Ghul takes this opportunity to LEAP at Elle!
Jun 28 00:15:06 <Dexanote> because my turn
Jun 28 00:15:08 <Dexanote> defense!
Jun 28 00:15:26 <Maddy> 4df+3 :< Crombly pls?
Jun 28 00:15:27 <CROM> Maddy: :< Crombly pls?: 4 (4df+3=+, 0, -, +)
Jun 28 00:16:33 <Dexanote> 4df+3 !!
Jun 28 00:16:33 <CROM> Dexanote: !!: -1 (4df+3=-, -, -, -)
Jun 28 00:16:42 <Maddy> Oh thank god
Jun 28 00:16:44 <Dexanote> It fucking trips on your gun and falls on its face.
Jun 28 00:17:45 <Light> 4df+6 Using his power "adrenaline" and the maneuver for earlier- Issur pushes off the wall, and attempts to use the momentum to plan an ice axe straight into the thing's back.
Jun 28 00:17:45 <CROM> Light: Using his power "adrenaline" and the maneuver for earlier- Issur pushes off the wall, and attempts to use the momentum to plan an ice axe straight into the thing's back.: 8 (4df+6=0, +, 0, +)
Jun 28 00:18:13 <Dexanote> 4df+4 i swear if this crits
Jun 28 00:18:14 <CROM> Dexanote: i swear if this crits: 4 (4df+4=0, 0, 0, 0)
Jun 28 00:19:32 <Dexanote> As Ghul tries to pick itself up, Issur's ice pick sinks straight into the spot where the spine intersects with the shoulders; the force of Issur smashing it back down on the floor knocks it hard; it spasms once and stops moving.
Jun 28 00:19:52 <Tom90deg> "Damn….nice swing there."
Jun 28 00:20:00 <Pemander> "Oh, our knight in shining armor!" Arianna mock swoons.
Jun 28 00:20:05 <Maddy> Elle gets up, putting a few in its head for good mesure.
Jun 28 00:20:13 <Dexanote> «Okay what the fuck.»
Jun 28 00:20:21 <Maddy> «Target down.»
Jun 28 00:20:24 <Light> "Carrot cake is my -favorite- flavor," he grunts.
Jun 28 00:20:31 <Ragazzo> Arnold tugs off his mask, and pops his jaw.
Jun 28 00:20:33 <Ragazzo> "Ugh."
Jun 28 00:20:56 <Maddy> «Finishing the clear, then I think we shoud just hole up here for the night, explore more tomorrow.» she's a little out of breath.
Jun 28 00:20:59 <Pemander> "Thank you for ruining the moment with that line, Issur…"
Jun 28 00:21:01 <Pemander> She sighs.
Jun 28 00:21:18 <Light> Then he works the ice axe out. "Oh god, oh god, I hope I -never- have to do that again."
Jun 28 00:22:07 <Tom90deg> "Don't hold your breath…"
Jun 28 00:22:23 <Dexanote> Well. Now that Ghul is dead and took a lot longer than I expected to kill/drive out (i should give my monsters less defense), there seems to be not… much… left in the room. Some tattered rags in one corner, a broken window, and two big holes from where the Rocks That Fell Sideways went
Jun 28 00:22:36 <Tom90deg> "We still need to check the second flor and the main floor…"
Jun 28 00:22:56 <Maddy> "Yeah, and the garage, let's get on with it, yeah?"
Jun 28 00:23:43 <Tom90deg> "Lead on."
Jun 28 00:23:54 <Pemander> Arianna removes her knives from the Ghul and wipes them off on a rag
Jun 28 00:24:30 <Maddy> Elle makes way to the second floor. "Last one out that room close the door, make it stay fucking shut if you can.
Jun 28 00:24:31 <Maddy> "
Jun 28 00:24:58 <Tom90deg> "Right."
Jun 28 00:25:16 <Dexanote> There's not much on second floor, as stated before.
Jun 28 00:25:36 <Light> Issur follows Elle out, holding his ice axe by the handle now.
Jun 28 00:25:49 <Tom90deg> Zoe closes the door, and once everyone's out, pulls out one of her pieces of rebar, and with a careful eye, teleports it into the doorrframe and the door, fuseing it shut.
Jun 28 00:25:55 <Maddy> 4df+3 Percep Elle leads a quick clear, checking every nook and cranny.
Jun 28 00:25:56 <CROM> Maddy: Percep Elle leads a quick clear, checking every nook and cranny.: 5 (4df+3=+, +, -, +)
Jun 28 00:26:20 <Tom90deg> "Door's shut for good, unless something completly rips it out."
Jun 28 00:26:27 <Dexanote> Well you could have sworn you heard coins plinking downstairs. A shitload of coins.
Jun 28 00:26:45 <Pemander> 4df+3 Stealth, Arianna is playing it sneaky this time.
Jun 28 00:26:46 <CROM> Pemander: Stealth, Arianna is playing it sneaky this time.: 2 (4df+3=-, 0, 0, 0)
Jun 28 00:27:01 <Ragazzo> 4df+4 As does arnold, slipping his mask back on.
Jun 28 00:27:02 <CROM> Ragazzo: As does arnold, slipping his mask back on.: 4 (4df+4=0, 0, 0, 0)
Jun 28 00:27:37 * Notify: EchoFourDelta is online (SCP and Related Channels).
Jun 28 00:27:54 <Tom90deg> Zoe follows down the stairs, trailing after the group.
Jun 28 00:28:05 <Maddy> «Myrtle, second floor's clean, heard something on the ground floor, checking it now.» she motions for the sneaky folks to go on ahead, following behind with her gun ready.
Jun 28 00:28:15 <Dexanote> As you reach the ground floor, you can go forward down the hall to what is PROBABLY the place they keep the money reserves, and thus where the garage is, and there is the front door.
Jun 28 00:29:08 <Maddy> Elle checks the front door to see if anyone's come in.
Jun 28 00:29:43 <Pemander> Is the reserve vault locked?
Jun 28 00:29:55 <Dexanote> No. The room's fairly quiet still, and the front doors are ajar. But you can see Eve outside, with the guns pointed a bit up and to the right, probably for safety.
Jun 28 00:30:16 * EchoFourDelta (ten.knilneddus.hd.avnbsa.29CAF484-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.knilneddus.hd.avnbsa.29CAF484-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Jun 28 00:30:16 * ChanServ sets mode +q #afteraction EchoFourDelta
Jun 28 00:30:16 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to EchoFourDelta
Jun 28 00:30:20 <Light> Issur keeps an unhelpfully blurry lookout, more on-edge than before.
Jun 28 00:30:25 <Dexanote> If Arianna has gone ahead, you'll find a locked door, with a hole bashed out the bottom.
Jun 28 00:30:37 <Pemander> "Hey, everyone…"
Jun 28 00:30:51 <Dexanote> About… maybe 3 feet wide, and the walls scraped out a bit.
Jun 28 00:30:55 <Pemander> "There might be something else here. Maybe."
Jun 28 00:31:04 <Pemander> Arianna kneels down and looks through the hole in the bottom.
Jun 28 00:31:07 <Tom90deg> "That's where I hid before…"
Jun 28 00:31:09 <Dexanote> Through this door is likely the area where they have the vault and garage.
Jun 28 00:31:17 <Pemander> "Oh?"
Jun 28 00:31:20 <Pemander> "You made this hole?"
Jun 28 00:31:35 <Tom90deg> Zoe sighs. "No, I hid in a bank vault. I'll tell you later."
Jun 28 00:31:39 <Tom90deg> "For now, do you see anything?"
Jun 28 00:31:48 <Maddy> «Myrtle, can you watch the front door? Tell us if anything comes in or out?»
Jun 28 00:31:52 <Pemander> I don't know, does she?
Jun 28 00:32:40 <Dexanote> «I didn't see anything.»
Jun 28 00:33:04 <Maddy> «Cool, thanks Lady.»
Jun 28 00:34:32 <Dexanote> The hole is fairly low; there's the sound of swishing on the other side of the door, but it's pretty damn dark.
Jun 28 00:34:45 <Pemander> 4df+4 perception for EPIC NIGHT VISION
Jun 28 00:34:46 <CROM> Pemander: perception for EPIC NIGHT VISION: 5 (4df+4=0, +, 0, 0)
Jun 28 00:34:56 <Pemander> "I hear something…"
Jun 28 00:35:29 <Dexanote> That was a tail, Pemander.
Jun 28 00:36:12 <Maddy> "You wanna go in, I got you guys covered."
Jun 28 00:36:36 <Dexanote> Arianna could have SWORN she saw a very long, whiplike tail trailing over the concrete and out of sight
Jun 28 00:36:41 * Light has quit (Quit: Leaving)
Jun 28 00:36:42 <Tom90deg> "Could we toss a Chemlight through the hole?"
Jun 28 00:36:46 <Pemander> "Guys…"
Jun 28 00:36:50 <Pemander> "There's definitely something in here."
Jun 28 00:36:56 <Pemander> "It looked dangerous."
Jun 28 00:36:57 <Dexanote> Issur moseys on off to the Eve for Myrtle to patch him up.
Jun 28 00:37:07 <Pemander> She backs up from the door and readies her weapons.
Jun 28 00:37:33 <Maddy> "So, bust down the door, stay to the sides, and I'll shoot anything that comes charging out?"
Jun 28 00:37:45 * Ragazzo has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Jun 28 00:37:56 <Pemander> "I guess there's no other option. It's too dark to get a good look with the mirror."
Jun 28 00:38:14 * Dexanote switches it to a tentacle monster because three girl chars
Jun 28 00:38:17 <Pemander> "I hope I can do this…!" She readies her leg to kick it open.
Jun 28 00:38:27 <Tom90deg> "Right then. Shall I open the door, just in case it grabs the person who opens it?"
Jun 28 00:38:37 <Pemander> "Uh, yeah."
Jun 28 00:38:38 <Pemander> "Do that."
Jun 28 00:38:39 <Maddy> Elle points her gun squarely at the door. "Ready when you are. And good idea."
Jun 28 00:38:40 <Pemander> "Good idea."
Jun 28 00:38:47 <Pemander> "I mean I wasn't scared or anything, but it just makes sense."
Jun 28 00:38:49 <Pemander> "That's all."
Jun 28 00:38:54 <Pemander> She scurries over to behind Elle.
Jun 28 00:39:51 <Tom90deg> Zoe gives her a frendly smile. "Of course." Zoe takes up postion by the door, and looks back. "Just say the word."
Jun 28 00:40:11 <Maddy> "Go."
Jun 28 00:40:48 <Tom90deg> Zoe slams the door open and jumps back,giving the guns a clear shot
Jun 28 00:41:27 <Dexanote> It is dark in this room. The room is bigger, concrete walls, with the glint of a metallic garage door cirectly across from you.
Jun 28 00:41:33 <Dexanote> About 20 by 20
Jun 28 00:41:58 <Maddy> Elle gets a chemlite!
Jun 28 00:42:13 <Dexanote> To your left is a hallway, with a ripped-out door peeld back against the wall. This hall very likely goes to the vaults.
Jun 28 00:43:05 <Dexanote> The chemlight… lights. It shows no broken anything, but some stains on the ground where a truck once leaked oil. Toolboxes lay scattered in one corner, as well as a ladder hung on the wall.
Jun 28 00:43:31 <Tom90deg> Zoe looks around the room, eyes stopping on the ripped out door. "Any thoughts?"
Jun 28 00:43:42 <Pemander> "Yeah. Watch out for…tails…"
Jun 28 00:44:24 <Dexanote> The door doesn't seem particularly mangled, just kind of pulled out. It's not a hugely thick or intimidating DOOR, just a door.
Jun 28 00:44:47 <Maddy> She nods. "Zoe, you and me? You can voip, and I think I'm the only one wearing body armor."
Jun 28 00:45:28 <Tom90deg> Zoe nods. "Lead the way."
Jun 28 00:45:58 <Maddy> Elle heads for the door.
Jun 28 00:46:22 <Dexanote> The hall is simple, but dark. Linoleum floors, concrete walls.
Jun 28 00:47:06 <Maddy> «Almost done, bosslady, Ari saw something in here, trying to find it and finishe this.» she inches forward cautiously.
Jun 28 00:47:08 <Tom90deg> "Careful….if it grabs you I'll try to port you out as well."
Jun 28 00:47:25 <Pemander> Who the fuck is Ari?
Jun 28 00:47:28 <Dexanote> Do you have lights?
Jun 28 00:47:47 <Pemander> "Name's not Ari, it's Jess…" mutters Ari.
Jun 28 00:48:15 <Maddy> "Make up your mind, Gambit." Ell has a light on her gun yes.
Jun 28 00:48:52 <Dexanote> Through the dark, Elle can see a shape not unlike a reptile, curled in the vault.
Jun 28 00:49:12 <Maddy> "Target." she motions to it.
Jun 28 00:49:19 <Tom90deg> "I see…"
Jun 28 00:49:53 <Dexanote> A hiss!
Jun 28 00:50:01 <Maddy> "Oh dear."
Jun 28 00:50:26 <Pemander> "Is it a snake? Shoot it!"
Jun 28 00:50:56 <Maddy> 4df+3 percept to shooty, Elle looks for vitals.
Jun 28 00:50:58 <CROM> Maddy: percept to shooty, Elle looks for vitals.: 4 (4df+3=0, +, 0, 0)
Jun 28 00:51:09 <Tom90deg> "We can try to close the vault….or do you want to try to talk to it again?"
Jun 28 00:51:21 <Dexanote> It… looks like some kind of really smoothe, long necked reptile. Has some kind of feathered mane.
Jun 28 00:51:45 <Dexanote> Wait shit is that a dragon
Jun 28 00:51:55 <Maddy> "Is that a fucking dragon…"
Jun 28 00:52:03 <Maddy> "Close it."
Jun 28 00:52:42 <Dexanote> You might also notice it's about the size of a golden retriever
Jun 28 00:53:33 <Tom90deg> "It's kinda…small….Can I have 30 seconds to try to talk to it?"
Jun 28 00:53:47 <Maddy> "…if you want."
Jun 28 00:54:05 <Maddy> Elle' got her gun ready. "Leave me a clear shot."
Jun 28 00:54:26 <Tom90deg> Zoe reaches into HER pocket and pulls out a piece of jerky, and gently tosses it towards the creature. "Hey there…can you understand me?"
Jun 28 00:54:38 <Pemander> Arianna has knives ready. "I will kill it if it tries any nasty dragon business," she whispers to Elle.
Jun 28 00:54:40 <Tom90deg> "And don't worry,worst case, I'll get in the vault, you close it behind me."
Jun 28 00:54:55 <Tom90deg> "I'll distract it in here, just give me a clear landing space."
Jun 28 00:56:02 <Dexanote> The reptile nudges the jerky, pushing it away and turning back to its hoard of coins.
Jun 28 00:56:30 <Pemander> "Oh wow it really is a dragon. They like to store treasure, you know."
Jun 28 00:56:40 <Dexanote> It curls around, hunching, glaring at the group.
Jun 28 00:56:52 <Pemander> Arianna pulls out one of her trick coins and slides it over to the dragon. "Here you go buddy, one for the pile."
Jun 28 00:56:56 <Tom90deg> "Hm…We won't take any of your treasure…"
Jun 28 00:57:01 <Maddy> "Doesn't /seem/ to be hostile. Back up, give it space."
Jun 28 00:57:16 <Tom90deg> Zoe does so. "Think we should just ignore it?"
Jun 28 00:57:45 <Maddy> «Myrtle. Got like…a dog sized dragon thing here. in the vault. Think we coud just shut it in and leave it be. Thoughts?"
Jun 28 00:57:47 <Maddy> »
Jun 28 00:57:50 <Dexanote> The dragon looks at the coin as it rolls over.
Jun 28 00:58:04 <Dexanote> «… A wha- alright. What's it doing.»
Jun 28 00:58:07 <Tom90deg> "If we shut it in, and it gets out, it may be very upset."
Jun 28 00:58:13 <Maddy> "Hording coins."
Jun 28 00:58:15 <Maddy> «»
Jun 28 00:58:24 <Tom90deg> "But I don't know…"
Jun 28 00:58:54 <Maddy> «Doent seem to like us near its hoard, but if we give it space we might be good to leave it alone."
Jun 28 00:58:56 <Maddy> »
Jun 28 00:59:34 <Dexanote> «… Oh hey. I've heard of those before. Just… don't, take any coins, okay? It'll /probably/ leave us alone. Are we camping in the bank or are we staying outside? These trees are starting to give me a headache.»
Jun 28 01:00:42 <Maddy> «Inside I think. Second floor is safe, and theres a place to park Eve.»
Jun 28 01:01:01 <Dexanote> "Around back?"
Jun 28 01:01:07 <Dexanote> «» DPRTE
Jun 28 01:01:10 <Maddy> «Got power, maybe even plumbing, and yeah, round back.»
Jun 28 01:01:38 <Pemander> "You guys got any coins on you? I think dragons like it when you offer them tribute."
Jun 28 01:01:50 <Pemander> "Maybe if we appease it, it won't be tempted to attack us."
Jun 28 01:01:54 <Dexanote> You hear Eve start up again, and drive off. «Open the garage, if the dragon's a problem throw coins at it.»
Jun 28 01:02:03 <Tom90deg> "I suggest we just back away from Tiamat, leave him to it, and hopefully it'll just ignore us."
Jun 28 01:02:06 <Pemander> "Bam! Right on the money."
Jun 28 01:02:14 <Pemander> "Well whatever keep some coins handy anyway."
Jun 28 01:02:25 <Pemander> Arianna goes to open the garage.
Jun 28 01:02:26 <Tom90deg> Zoe back up out of the hall, and heads to the garage door, sliding it up and open.
Jun 28 01:02:43 <Maddy> "Zoe? Can you weld the front door?"
Jun 28 01:03:21 <Tom90deg> "Yep. But the front windows won't stop anyone. I suppose we'll hear em coming though."
Jun 28 01:03:46 <Maddy> "Yeah, just don't wanna make it easy for them."
Jun 28 01:04:09 <Tom90deg> Zoe pulls out a piece of rebar and heads to the front, carefully fuseing the rebar between the doors. She picks up the lock as she does so, idly looking it over as she heads back the the garage.
Jun 28 01:05:02 <Dexanote> The garage, shakily, does open. It's rusty kinda, and a bit dented, but it does open. Myr backs in with the trailer, hops out, unlatches the trailer from Eve, drives back out, and parks beside the trailer; Issur follows with the pickup.
Jun 28 01:05:25 <Dexanote> The dragon can be heard hissing quietly, but it doesn't move.
Jun 28 01:06:52 <Dexanote> "Alright. So you killed whatever was upstairs, and we have a dragon in the basement here." Myr approaches Elle.
Jun 28 01:07:18 <Pemander> Arianna nods to Myrtle. "Doesn't really seem to like us, but I think it cares more about its treasure than its territory."
Jun 28 01:07:31 <Maddy> Elle gives it plenty of space and turns to Myr. "Yeah, Zoe sealed the top, just in case."
Jun 28 01:07:48 <Tom90deg> "So long as it dosn't blow out the door, it won't open."
Jun 28 01:07:53 <Tom90deg> "Sealed the front as well."
Jun 28 01:08:06 <Dexanote> "Probably. I've heard of those before, they eat coins. Shouldn't be a problem."
Jun 28 01:08:14 <Dexanote> She nods to Zoe. "Great work."
Jun 28 01:08:35 <Maddy> She nods.
Jun 28 01:08:40 <Tom90deg> "They eat coins? Are they aggressive, or just want to be left alone?"
Jun 28 01:10:31 <Dexanote> "Mostly the latter." Myr strolls over and peers through the dark at the hoard. "They can be extremely territorial of their nests, but they don't go after things that don't seem like a threat."
Jun 28 01:11:36 <Pemander> "Just gonna avoid it then, I guess."
Jun 28 01:11:48 <Pemander> "What floor should we bunk on?"
Jun 28 01:11:57 <Tom90deg> "How smart are they?"
Jun 28 01:12:27 <Dexanote> "prolly for the best. Lets go set up camp, second floor. It's the one without the dead monster, right?" She glances at Zoe. "… i dunno. Like a dog, maybe? A cat?"
Jun 28 01:13:06 <Maddy> "I'm gonna clean that fucking guncam, then I'll be up."
Jun 28 01:13:07 <Pemander> "Probably best to avoid insulting it. You know, just in case…" whispers Arianna.
Jun 28 01:13:13 <Pemander> "I'm going up."
Jun 28 01:13:20 <Tom90deg> "Heh, so it's not a fan of riddles then."
Jun 28 01:13:20 * Topic for #afteraction is: Welcome to After Action. Please refer OOC text to #afteractionooc | Secondary room: #afteractionmission |RouteMap:http://maps.google.com/ Point A: U.S. Military Listening Post, U.S.A. B: Montana, U.S.A. - Current Location: Modern Farmhouse in 1845's Kingdom
Jun 28 01:13:20 * Topic for #afteraction set by Maddy at Fri Jun 15 20:32:39 2012
Jun 28 01:13:21 <Pemander> She strolls off to the stairs.
Jun 28 01:13:57 * Ragazzo (ten.labolgcbs.ackorf.deepsthgil.9D9E68E8-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.labolgcbs.ackorf.deepsthgil.9D9E68E8-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Jun 28 01:14:15 * Maddy has changed the topic to: Welcome to After Action. Please refer OOC text to #afteractionooc | Secondary room: #afteractionmission |RouteMap:http://maps.google.com/ Point A: U.S. Military Listening Post, U.S.A. B: Montana, U.S.A. - Current Location: Darrington Bank, Darrington WA.
Jun 28 01:14:42 <Maddy> Elle goes to tinker with Eve and tend to her bruises.
Jun 28 01:15:18 <Tom90deg> Zoe stands over by Myr. "This has been a weird day."
Jun 28 01:15:46 <Dexanote> "Eh. It could be worse, you know. Come on, lets go set up camp."