Below the Waves

Oct 24 16:15:08 <Nusquam> Mental Defense, Kens.
Oct 24 16:15:39 <Kens_Studytime> 4df+2 mDef
Oct 24 16:15:39 <Glacon> Kens_Studytime: mDef: 4 (4df+2=-, +, +, +)
Oct 24 16:18:28 <Kens_Studytime> Kens recoils slightly from the door latch. "That's not right…"
Oct 24 16:19:16 <Nusquam> Physical Defense, Kens.
Oct 24 16:19:23 <Kens_Studytime> 4df+2 pDef
Oct 24 16:19:23 <Glacon> Kens_Studytime: pDef: -1 (4df+2=-, -, -, 0)
Oct 24 16:19:39 <Soulless> Alicel peeks out. That's not Alice's voice. Is another thing wrong?
Oct 24 16:19:52 <Nusquam> 4df+3
Oct 24 16:19:53 <Glacon> Nusquam: 1 (4df+3=0, 0, -, -)
Oct 24 16:19:55 <E4D> No, he doesn't. It's not likely that Alicel is anywhere near this.
Oct 24 16:19:59 <Soulless> Okay.
Oct 24 16:20:02 <Nusquam> Give me perception as well.
Oct 24 16:20:14 <Kens_Studytime> 4df+4 Percep.
Oct 24 16:20:14 <Glacon> Kens_Studytime: Percep.: 2 (4df+4=-, 0, -, 0)
Oct 24 16:20:28 <Soulless> He doesn't hear anything and just chills in his closet. The isolation is pretty great.
Oct 24 16:21:50 * PaulS_laptop (~PI.2447D932.FF38DDE6.B8A916E1|luap#PI.2447D932.FF38DDE6.B8A916E1|luap) has joined #afteraction
Oct 24 16:22:10 <Kens_Studytime> Kens shifts his shoulders uncomfortably. "THe fuck, why is my back so warm…"
Oct 24 16:22:49 <Maddy> Alice gets out of the shower and heads to the gally
Oct 24 16:23:03 <Kens_Studytime> He checks is vital signs. Should he roll medical?
Oct 24 16:23:23 <Nusquam> If he likes.
Oct 24 16:23:35 <Kens_Studytime> 4df+4 Medical roll: Why the fuck is my back so hot?
Oct 24 16:23:35 <Glacon> Kens_Studytime: Medical roll: Why the fuck is my back so hot?: 2 (4df+4=+, -, -, -)
Oct 24 16:25:14 <Nusquam> Kens' vitals seem normal, as near as he can tell. Blood pressure is a bit low, and he feels a bit dizzy, though.
Oct 24 16:25:18 <Maddy> She's still pretty grumpy when she gets to the kitchen. ">:("
Oct 24 16:26:04 <Nusquam> Physical Defense again.
Oct 24 16:26:07 <Kens_Studytime> "Guh, that's no…right…" He sits down.
Oct 24 16:26:12 <Kens_Studytime> 4df+2 pDef.
Oct 24 16:26:13 <Glacon> Kens_Studytime: pDef.: 3 (4df+2=-, +, 0, +)
Oct 24 16:26:38 <Nusquam> 4df+3
Oct 24 16:26:39 <Glacon> Nusquam: 4 (4df+3=+, 0, -, +)
Oct 24 16:26:50 <E4D> "What's wrong, hun?"
Oct 24 16:27:35 <Maddy> "Fuckin', I was /just/ finishing my yoga routine and a seagul lands on my head and shits on me." No stutter. >:(
Oct 24 16:27:37 <Laito> Alex is serving his burgers up and preparing them for eatery.
Oct 24 16:28:05 <Kens_Studytime> Kens covers himself with some blankets. What the fuck, everything's so off.
Oct 24 16:28:27 <Kens_Studytime> «Uh…uh…Can…can someone help me out? I'm not feeling so good…»
Oct 24 16:29:08 <Kens_Studytime> The room's spinning…whoa….
Oct 24 16:29:38 <Nusquam> Perception once more.
Oct 24 16:29:43 <Soulless> Alicel rolls out of the closet. «Where are you?»
Oct 24 16:29:50 <PaulS_laptop> John comes to again. Apparently whatever the fuck was in those pills Kay gave him made him sleepy. Fuck. He sets about making good on his threat from earlier. Rearranging Kay's gear in a way that makes sense to *him*, like she did with his gear.
Oct 24 16:30:00 <Kens_Studytime> 4df+4 Perception.
Oct 24 16:30:01 <Glacon> Kens_Studytime: Perception.: 4 (4df+4=+, -, 0, 0)
Oct 24 16:30:07 <PaulS_laptop> «Be there in a bit, Kens. Got some shit to take care of first»
Oct 24 16:30:24 <E4D> «What's going on?»
Oct 24 16:30:27 <Kens_Studytime> «Than…thanks…ugh…I'm in my cabin…»
Oct 24 16:30:59 <Soulless> Alicel heads to where the cabins are, looking around for Ken's room.
Oct 24 16:31:06 <Kens_Studytime> Kens looks down to try and stop the dizziness, and notices the blankets…what the fuck, they're red now. And spreading.
Oct 24 16:31:13 <Maddy> Alice gets up and heads to Kens room too. "J-jason, coming?"
Oct 24 16:31:20 <Maddy> redact the stutter
Oct 24 16:31:38 <E4D> Jason's up and moving behind Alice.
Oct 24 16:31:44 <Kens_Studytime> "Why does it smell like metal….?"
Oct 24 16:32:08 <PaulS_laptop> John finishes up, and heads oveer
Oct 24 16:32:10 <Soulless> He tests the doorknob of what Ken's voice is coming from. It's locked. He knocks the door.
Oct 24 16:32:27 <Soulless> "Kens? Could you open the door?"
Oct 24 16:32:31 <Kens_Studytime> "Wh-, be righ…be right there." Kens tries to get up.
Oct 24 16:32:40 <Maddy> Alice gets there and sees Alicel. "Locked?"
Oct 24 16:32:55 <Nusquam> Athletics to try to make it to the door.
Oct 24 16:33:04 <Soulless> "Locked."
Oct 24 16:33:05 <Kens_Studytime> 4df Athletics
Oct 24 16:33:05 <Glacon> Kens_Studytime: Athletics: -2 (4df=-, -, +, -)
Oct 24 16:33:10 <PaulS_laptop> John arrives "locked?"
Oct 24 16:33:26 <Nusquam> Kens stumbles and falls. Those in the hallway can hear a muffled thud as he hits the ground.
Oct 24 16:33:36 <Nusquam> PDef one last time, please.
Oct 24 16:33:42 <Kens_Studytime> 4df+2 PDef
Oct 24 16:33:42 <Glacon> Kens_Studytime: PDef: 4 (4df+2=+, -, +, +)
Oct 24 16:33:44 <PaulS_laptop> he looks over at Alice "want me to breach?"
Oct 24 16:33:44 <Soulless> "Is there a k- Kens?"
Oct 24 16:33:56 <Nusquam> 4df+3
Oct 24 16:33:57 <Glacon> Nusquam: 4 (4df+3=+, 0, 0, 0)
Oct 24 16:34:19 <E4D> 4df+4 Jason's hauling ass.
Oct 24 16:34:20 <Glacon> E4D: Jason's hauling ass.: 2 (4df+4=-, +, -, -)
Oct 24 16:34:51 <E4D> "No, these are watertight hatches. You lock 'em, they stay locked."
Oct 24 16:34:59 <E4D> "Built right into the superstructure.
Oct 24 16:35:00 <Kens_Studytime> Kens slides towards the door on the ground, rather than get back up. He tries to reach the lock.
Oct 24 16:35:02 <PaulS_laptop> "Wanna bet?"
Oct 24 16:35:06 <Kens_Studytime> 4df Athletics, reach the door.
Oct 24 16:35:06 <Glacon> Kens_Studytime: Athletics, reach the door.: 0 (4df=0, -, 0, +)
Oct 24 16:35:19 <Soulless> "There are no keys?"
Oct 24 16:35:32 <Nusquam> He manages to crawl for it, but it's tantalizingly out of arm's reach.
Oct 24 16:35:52 <E4D> "You cant turn a key and rotate a ;locking bar on the inside, spin the wheel 16 times, and pop the hatch, Alicel."
Oct 24 16:35:58 <Kens_Studytime> He tries to crawl up again, reaching for it.
Oct 24 16:36:01 <Kens_Studytime> 4df Athletics
Oct 24 16:36:01 <Glacon> Kens_Studytime: Athletics: -1 (4df=0, -, +, -)
Oct 24 16:36:13 <Nusquam> Nope.
Oct 24 16:36:25 <Kens_Studytime> "Mother fucker…"
Oct 24 16:36:37 <Soulless> "Then there is little we can do to help Kens? Kens what is going on on the other side of the door?"
Oct 24 16:36:46 <PaulS_laptop> "be right back" john hurries off to wngineering and returns moments later with an oxy torch
Oct 24 16:37:09 <Nusquam> PDef again, Kens.
Oct 24 16:37:11 <Kens_Studytime> "I feel cold and hot at the same time, dizzy as fuck, and the blanket wrapping me is turning…red…and spreading."
Oct 24 16:37:14 <PaulS_laptop> "Bet ya five bucks I can get through that door, Jason."
Oct 24 16:37:14 <Kens_Studytime> 4df+2
Oct 24 16:37:15 <Glacon> Kens_Studytime: 3 (4df+2=-, +, 0, +)
Oct 24 16:37:22 * Kens_Studytime is now known as Dr_Kens
Oct 24 16:37:23 <Nusquam> 4df+3
Oct 24 16:37:23 <Glacon> Nusquam: 2 (4df+3=0, -, -, +)
Oct 24 16:37:36 <Laito> Meanwhile, Alex is alone in the kitchen, eating a double cheeseburger.
Oct 24 16:38:23 <Laito> One of the patties is a little burnt. Fuck that stove got hot.
Oct 24 16:38:28 <Dr_Kens> Kens starts up again, and tries to unlock the door.
Oct 24 16:38:33 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+6 tagging "I solve practical problems". Waterproof DOOR, meet oxy/acetylene TORCH
Oct 24 16:38:34 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: tagging "I solve practical problems". Waterproof DOOR, meet oxy/acetylene TORCH: 10 (4df+6=+, +, +, +)
Oct 24 16:38:35 <E4D> "All right, take the door down."
Oct 24 16:38:47 <Nusquam> He succeeds in unlocking it.
Oct 24 16:38:58 <E4D> "Abort!"
Oct 24 16:39:03 <Nusquam> John's cutting through it pretty well.
Oct 24 16:39:05 <Dr_Kens> Kens flops through the door.
Oct 24 16:39:06 <Nusquam> Kens, PDef.
Oct 24 16:39:07 <E4D> Jason grabs the wheel, spinning it as quickly as he can,
Oct 24 16:39:10 <Dr_Kens> 4df+2
Oct 24 16:39:11 <Glacon> Dr_Kens: -1 (4df+2=-, 0, -, -)
Oct 24 16:39:19 <PaulS_laptop> John shuts the torch off
Oct 24 16:39:54 <Nusquam> He gets a nasty burn from the molten metal as John attempted to cut through the door.
Oct 24 16:40:05 <Dr_Kens> "Fuck."
Oct 24 16:40:08 <Dr_Kens> He falls on the floor again.
Oct 24 16:40:15 <Maddy> Good thing the doctor is here.
Oct 24 16:40:31 <E4D> 4df+4 Jason grabs him and hefts him away from the room.
Oct 24 16:40:32 <Glacon> E4D: Jason grabs him and hefts him away from the room.: 5 (4df+4=0, +, -, +)
Oct 24 16:41:02 <Nusquam> As Kens flops face down onto the floor, you can see he's wrapped in blankets soaked through with blood. There's a sizable pool in the bunkroom and on the bed.
Oct 24 16:42:27 <Nusquam> Who looks into the room?
Oct 24 16:42:36 <Soulless> Alicel is peering in.
Oct 24 16:42:48 <Laito> Alex tosses his burger away and tries the other. He struggles with the ketchup bottle's broken cap.
Oct 24 16:42:48 <Maddy> "Oh fuck…Alicel, get me a first aid kit. Now."
Oct 24 16:42:51 <E4D> Jason's handgun and knife are up in the Harries as he enters.
Oct 24 16:42:57 <Soulless> "Understood."
Oct 24 16:43:10 <Nusquam> Everyone looking in, Mental Defense.
Oct 24 16:43:22 <Soulless> 4df+2 even the bot, huh
Oct 24 16:43:22 <Glacon> Soulless: even the bot, huh: 3 (4df+2=+, +, 0, -)
Oct 24 16:43:25 <E4D> 4df+4 Motherfucker.
Oct 24 16:43:26 <Glacon> E4D: Motherfucker.: 1 (4df+4=-, -, 0, -)
Oct 24 16:43:45 <Maddy> 4df+4 Alice is not looking it, but untangling Kens from the blanket and trying to dicern what the fuck and fix it.
Oct 24 16:43:46 <Glacon> Maddy: Alice is not looking it, but untangling Kens from the blanket and trying to dicern what the fuck and fix it.: 7 (4df+4=+, +, 0, +)
Oct 24 16:43:57 <Dr_Kens> "Harblegarble"
Oct 24 16:43:59 <Nusquam> That medical, Maddy?
Oct 24 16:44:10 <Maddy> yes
Oct 24 16:44:27 <PaulS_laptop> John looks at the room
Oct 24 16:45:17 <Soulless> Alicel peered in once; he's off and running now for the medical stuff. He comes back with it and hands the medical kit to Alice, looking around the room to see what could have harmed Kens.
Oct 24 16:45:27 <Nusquam> She quickly cuts the blanket away. Kens has four parallel gashes down his back, stretching from the nape of his neck to his left thigh. They look deep, down to the ribs. They're very clean cuts.
Oct 24 16:45:41 <Nusquam> MDef, John.
Oct 24 16:46:04 <E4D> 4df+4 Perception. Jason looks around the room, weapon swinging in line with his eyes, checking for a target he can gun down or hack to pieces.
Oct 24 16:46:04 <Glacon> E4D: Perception. Jason looks around the room, weapon swinging in line with his eyes, checking for a target he can gun down or hack to pieces.: 4 (4df+4=-, +, +, -)
Oct 24 16:46:22 <Nusquam> Jason doesn't see shit but what's already been mentioned.
Oct 24 16:46:41 <Nusquam> Neither does Alicel.
Oct 24 16:46:46 <Maddy> "Holy fuck. Jason look at this." Alice shakes for a moment then opens the kit and starts to clean and close the wounds.
Oct 24 16:46:56 <Maddy> 4df+4 fixen Kens
Oct 24 16:46:56 <Glacon> Maddy: fixen Kens: 7 (4df+4=0, +, +, +)
Oct 24 16:47:28 <Soulless> Alicel looks worriedly at the injuries.
Oct 24 16:47:44 <Soulless> Can he tell what might have made such an unflawed cut?
Oct 24 16:48:07 <Nusquam> No.
Oct 24 16:48:17 <Soulless> Damn.
Oct 24 16:48:23 <Nusquam> Alice successfully disinfects the gashes. It'll take a while to close them, they're going to need staples.
Oct 24 16:48:54 <E4D> He steps back out, closing the door behind him and kneels beside him, pistol still in his hand. He sheathes the knife. "What the fuck is that?"
Oct 24 16:49:27 <Maddy> "I dont know. Sutures ain't gonna cut it here. We got something better?"
Oct 24 16:49:29 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+4 mdef. soffy bout the delay, nusquam
Oct 24 16:49:30 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: mdef. soffy bout the delay, nusquam: 5 (4df+4=0, +, -, +)
Oct 24 16:49:32 <E4D> «LAITO! WE HAVE A SITUATION! LICING QUARTERS, AFT END, CENTERLINE PASSAGEWAY FROM THE MESS.»
Oct 24 16:50:09 * AndChat (~ten.ralugnicym.7F739C11-CRInys|tahCdnA#ten.ralugnicym.7F739C11-CRInys|tahCdnA) has joined #afteraction
Oct 24 16:50:20 * AndChat is now known as soulonphone
Oct 24 16:50:34 <Nusquam> Give me a Perception as well, John.
Oct 24 16:50:59 <PaulS_laptop> 4df
Oct 24 16:51:00 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: 2 (4df=+, 0, 0, +)
Oct 24 16:51:30 <Laito> «Ba rigfh dha» His mouth is full of delicious burger. Alex heads out and walks briskly to the location Jason specified.
Oct 24 16:51:34 * Soulless has quit (Ping timeout)
Oct 24 16:51:55 <Maddy> "Staples? Anything? I can'y…fuck what's his blood type, he's lost a lot."
Oct 24 16:52:30 <E4D> *V
Oct 24 16:52:40 <Dr_Kens> Kens is a medical doctor. His kit and info are in his room.
Oct 24 16:53:37 <E4D> "John. Kay kept records on my computer. Go to my room and get my shit. Fast. Captain's quarter's. Fore, Below the bridge."
Oct 24 16:54:03 <PaulS_laptop> "I think I saw somethin in there, jason."
Oct 24 16:54:11 <PaulS_laptop> "Fingers or claws or someshit"
Oct 24 16:54:21 <PaulS_laptop> "Do NOT open that door"
Oct 24 16:54:27 <Maddy> "GUYS! STAPLES! I NEED THEM!"
Oct 24 16:54:40 <E4D> "I ain't. Now go get our shit! Alice's pack, and my computer!"
Oct 24 16:54:46 <E4D> "Fuckin' go!"
Oct 24 16:54:50 <PaulS_laptop> "I'll be right back" he heads to the Captain's quarters to get Jason's computer
Oct 24 16:54:58 <PaulS_laptop> and then stops by medical for the staple gun
Oct 24 16:55:50 <PaulS_laptop> And returns
Oct 24 16:55:57 <Laito> Alex turns down the hall in question licking his fingers clean of ketchup. "What the hell," he mutters, seeing everyone down the way.
Oct 24 16:56:23 <PaulS_laptop> "Alice!" he tosses the staple gun to her at a dead run
Oct 24 16:56:36 <E4D> Jason tosses Alex his rifle, and takes the computer, booting it up.
Oct 24 16:57:32 <Maddy> 4df+4 Mor medicaling.
Oct 24 16:57:33 <Glacon> Maddy: Mor medicaling.: 4 (4df+4=+, -, +, -)
Oct 24 16:57:38 <E4D> "B pos."
Oct 24 16:57:44 <soulonphone> Alicel hovers, unsure what is going on or how to help.
Oct 24 16:57:57 <Maddy> "G-got anyone here w-wants to donate B+?"
Oct 24 16:58:07 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+4 engineering maneuver. John goes over the fire suppression systems onboard in the ship. Are they room specific, or sector specific?
Oct 24 16:58:08 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: engineering maneuver. John goes over the fire suppression systems onboard in the ship. Are they room specific, or sector specific?: 5 (4df+4=0, -, +, +)
Oct 24 16:58:38 <Nusquam> She's able to stop the bleeding and begins closing the gashes. It'll take some time, and a lot of staples, but she can manage.
Oct 24 16:58:42 <Laito> Alex catches the rifle and slings it without question. "Uh, what the shit, Jason."
Oct 24 16:59:33 <Maddy> "Anyone? John, Alex?"
Oct 24 16:59:36 <E4D> "I can donate."
Oct 24 16:59:57 <Maddy> "R-right. That's true."
Oct 24 17:00:07 <PaulS_laptop> "A neg, sorry"
Oct 24 17:00:29 <Nusquam> Room-specific, Paul.
Oct 24 17:01:00 <E4D> "O neg."
Oct 24 17:01:14 <PaulS_laptop> "If you guys take care of this shit, I'm gonna see to securing that room." He's got an idea based around something he read in BOFH once
Oct 24 17:01:14 <E4D> "Just keep that gun pointed at the door."
Oct 24 17:01:45 <Maddy> "Ok, J-jason come'ere."
Oct 24 17:01:57 <E4D> Jason's right there.
Oct 24 17:02:15 <Laito> "Sorry, Alice, incompatable."
Oct 24 17:02:27 <E4D> He knee-crawls over to Kens' side, keeping between him and the door.
Oct 24 17:02:37 <PaulS_laptop> John heads back down to engineering. «Nobody open that door. And I advise anybody who doesn't need to be there get the fuck out of that deck»
Oct 24 17:02:38 <E4D> His pistol stays up.
Oct 24 17:02:46 <Laito> "What happened, Jason?"
Oct 24 17:03:09 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+6 engineering. Triggering fire suppression systems for Kens's room. HALON, BABY!
Oct 24 17:03:10 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: engineering. Triggering fire suppression systems for Kens's room. HALON, BABY!: 7 (4df+6=0, 0, +, 0)
Oct 24 17:03:22 <Maddy> Alice gets to setting up a transusion. Should I roll?
Oct 24 17:04:29 <Nusquam> Nah, just RP it.
Oct 24 17:04:41 <PaulS_laptop> «Anybody touched anything down in engineering lately?»
Oct 24 17:05:00 <E4D> "Something attacked Kens. Four parallel lacerations, down hte back."
Oct 24 17:05:13 <E4D> "He was crashing."
Oct 24 17:05:15 <soulonphone> « I have.»
Oct 24 17:05:38 <E4D> «What's the status, John?»
Oct 24 17:05:50 <Nusquam> John successfully activates the suppression systems in the room.
Oct 24 17:06:01 <Laito> As the former site director of a Foundation installation, does Alex recall anything that might coincide with this situation?
Oct 24 17:06:15 <Nusquam> Not likely.
Oct 24 17:06:41 <PaulS_laptop> «Flooding the room with Halon. Looks like somebody dicked around with things down here, though.»
Oct 24 17:06:48 <Maddy> Alice cleans up Jason's arm and Kens as well, starting the trans and taking a breath.
Oct 24 17:06:55 <Nusquam> Those in the hall can hear a hollow FWOOSH as the room is flooded.
Oct 24 17:06:56 <PaulS_laptop> «This shit ain't like it was last I was down here»
Oct 24 17:07:14 <Maddy> «Ciel m-mentioned that there were f-f-funny readings last night.»
Oct 24 17:07:50 <soulonphone> « when I was there were incompatible readings, although function appeared fine.»
Oct 24 17:08:20 <E4D> «Dicked with it *how*?»
Oct 24 17:08:50 <PaulS_laptop> «Just looks off. I think we might have somebody onboard who ain't supposed ta be»
Oct 24 17:09:00 <PaulS_laptop> «Who was on watch last night?»
Oct 24 17:10:09 * Soulless (~ude.olaffub.sseleriw.088CC748-CRInys|alliztahc#ude.olaffub.sseleriw.088CC748-CRInys|alliztahc) has joined #afteraction
Oct 24 17:10:21 <soulonphone> «I did a thorough examination of the boat. There appeared to be nothing out of order excepting the measuring devices issue.»
Oct 24 17:10:24 <E4D> «We *all* were. Pursued something into an empty sleeping quarters in the fore area of the ship. Alicel took readings on the ship systems. Said shit was off.»
Oct 24 17:11:37 <Maddy> Once the trans is done alice puts a bandaid on the injection point on both Jason and Kens.
Oct 24 17:11:49 * soulonphone has quit (Quit: Bye)
Oct 24 17:13:49 <E4D> Jason sits there as Alice finishes, scooting to the rear and resting his back against the bulkhead opposite the door, weapon still aimed in. He holds it now with both hands, the barrel wavering slightly.
Oct 24 17:14:04 <Maddy> "Gimme that, you."
Oct 24 17:14:06 <E4D> "Shit, how much did you take? I feel a little, uh, woozy."
Oct 24 17:14:07 <Soulless> «It was as if whoever constructed the ship did a poor job at installing the actual reading devices.»
Oct 24 17:14:50 <Laito> Alex looks around aimlessly. What could get around so efficiently? He wanders down the hall a short distance, tensing his senses to catch anything that doesn't belong.
Oct 24 17:14:53 <Maddy> She motions for his gun. "N-not a lot…you should f-feel /that/ woozy."
Oct 24 17:15:09 <PaulS_laptop> «Get everybody who ain't awake on deck. Seal every door. Alicel an' I'll gas and clear the entire ship»
Oct 24 17:16:02 <Nusquam> MDef, Laito.
Oct 24 17:16:13 <Soulless> «I do not need oxygen. If need be I can look around for whatever it is while the ship is sealed.»
Oct 24 17:16:26 <E4D> He passes it to her and unslings his shotgun from the scabbard on the back left of his vest, pushing himself up off the deck with the butt of the weapon. He kneels beside Kens. "Alice, take the other shoulder."
Oct 24 17:16:32 <E4D> "We're going topside."
Oct 24 17:16:35 <PaulS_laptop> «That's the idea. I'll be down in engineering and on an O2 mask»
Oct 24 17:16:38 <Laito> 4df+2 Perception shift from mdef, so…
Oct 24 17:16:38 <Glacon> Laito: Perception shift from mdef, so…: 2 (4df+2=+, -, +, -)
Oct 24 17:16:57 <Soulless> Alicel heads on down to engineering to meet John, looking for anything abnormal along the way.
Oct 24 17:17:03 <E4D> «Everyone, up and at 'em. Laito! Get topside! We are gassing this motherfucker.»
Oct 24 17:17:45 <Soulless> "I wonder if spiritual things need oxygen…" He muses faintly to himself.
Oct 24 17:18:12 <Laito> "Everyone stop."
Oct 24 17:18:30 <Maddy> Alice gets the other shoulder. "W-what, Alex?"
Oct 24 17:18:49 <PaulS_laptop> John looks about down in engineering for fire fighting gear. Specifically SCBA
Oct 24 17:18:59 <Soulless> Alicel is nowhere near Alex. He's down with John.
Oct 24 17:19:15 <Laito> Alex turns a bit. "Everyone stop doing things and shut up."
Oct 24 17:19:40 <Maddy> Alice shust up, but keeps holding on to Kens.
Oct 24 17:20:22 <Laito> "Alice, all of yourselves off the goddamned floor, halon is heavier than oxygen."
Oct 24 17:20:29 <PaulS_laptop> "Alicel, since you don't need air, I'm gonna need you to seal all the hatches to the outside and then meet me back down here again while I flood the place"
Oct 24 17:21:00 <Maddy> Alice is off the floor, hauling Kens with Jason
Oct 24 17:21:10 <Soulless> "Should we not wait for the word of others?"
Oct 24 17:21:24 <E4D> "The hatch is sealed, Laito. It's watertight and gas tight."
Oct 24 17:21:25 <Nusquam> Alice, Jason, and Kens, Physical Defense.
Oct 24 17:21:26 <Soulless> "Otherwise, will do. I have no issues with that. You will be fine?"
Oct 24 17:21:41 <Maddy> 4df+4 :<
Oct 24 17:21:42 <Dr_Kens> 4df+2 PDef
Oct 24 17:21:42 <Glacon> Dr_Kens: PDef: 0 (4df+2=0, -, -, 0)
Oct 24 17:21:43 <Glacon> Maddy: :<: 5 (4df+4=0, +, +, -)
Oct 24 17:22:01 <Maddy> "…John c-cut the door, Jason."
Oct 24 17:22:27 <PaulS_laptop> "I'll gas it once everybody gets topside. While that's happening, let's get every other door sealed"
Oct 24 17:22:57 <E4D> 4df+6 Tagging IFF "This is some bullshit."
Oct 24 17:22:57 <Glacon> E4D: Tagging IFF "This is some bullshit.": 7 (4df+6=0, +, +, -)
Oct 24 17:23:23 <Laito> Alex turns to look at the trio.
Oct 24 17:23:32 <Nusquam> Alice will probably notice Kens' respiratory distress. Having been face down on the floor, he got the worst of it.
Oct 24 17:23:48 <Maddy> "Fuck, Jason help m-me get him out of here!"
Oct 24 17:24:23 <Laito> «John, hold up on your gas plan.»
Oct 24 17:24:27 <Soulless> "Understood. I will go." He leaves to begin shutting and sealing and locking. Whatever is there it'll be trapped with him and John with no oxygen.
Oct 24 17:24:32 <PaulS_laptop> «Something up?»
Oct 24 17:24:41 <Soulless> He stops when he hears his radio.
Oct 24 17:24:54 <Laito> «Just give me a second, I'll get back to you.»
Oct 24 17:25:11 <Soulless> Alicel walks back to John, confused.
Oct 24 17:25:18 <PaulS_laptop> «Alicel, keep sealing hatches. I'll hold off on the gassing»
Oct 24 17:25:28 <Soulless> Oh, ok then. He goes back to sealing shit.
Oct 24 17:25:49 <Maddy> Alice hauls Kens up and away from the gas!
Oct 24 17:26:07 <E4D> Jason throws him over his shoulders into a modified fireman's carry and steps off past Alice, letting the shotgun drop tot he deck. He heads for the stairs, shoulder-checking the door open, battering Kens' feet a little.
Oct 24 17:26:27 <Dr_Kens> Kens does not respond, on account of him being unconscious.
Oct 24 17:26:33 <Laito> Alex leans against the wall and concentrates again, willing himself to move the shit in his mind out of the way to let things in.
Oct 24 17:27:15 <Maddy> Alice picks up the dropped gun and goes with.
Oct 24 17:28:27 <E4D> «Laito, we need you up top.»
Oct 24 17:28:48 <Laito> «One moment, Ja-»
Oct 24 17:28:58 <E4D> Jason steps out onto the deck, dropping Kens to the floor. "ALICE!"
Oct 24 17:29:03 <PaulS_laptop> «Everybody check in when you get up top. And shut the door behind you. Please an thanks»
Oct 24 17:29:12 <Maddy> Alie is right there. "W-what?"
Oct 24 17:29:37 <Laito> «Ahem. One moment, Jason.»
Oct 24 17:29:43 <Maddy> "Guuuh, this is b-b-ad."
Oct 24 17:31:44 <Laito> «Jason, I need your undivided attention, and I need you to do exactly as I say.»
Oct 24 17:31:54 <E4D> "Just makin' sure you were with me." He takes his weapons from her, holstering the pistol and putting the shotgun back in its scabbard. «Send it.»
Oct 24 17:32:36 <Laito> «Don't worry about the gas. We need to move. Get this boat going faster than it is, as soon as possible.»
Oct 24 17:32:40 * Dr_Kens has quit (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.87 [Firefox 7.0.1/20110928134238])
Oct 24 17:32:44 <Maddy> Alice isn't sure where she's going to get Oxygen, since she's not keen on going back bellow deck.
Oct 24 17:33:09 * Dr_Kens (~ude.sregtur.06438E4-CRInys|sneK_ehT#ude.sregtur.06438E4-CRInys|sneK_ehT) has joined #afteraction
Oct 24 17:33:32 <Soulless> «John, should I?»
Oct 24 17:33:36 <E4D> «You hear that, John? Get on that shit! Fire the fuckin' engines. Bypass in the engine room if you have to. Alicel? Handl;e it form the bridge. It's a race, motherfuckers, see who wins in gettin' this bitch goin' faster. Do it *now*.»
Oct 24 17:33:51 <Soulless> «I'm going.» Alicel is in fact going.
Oct 24 17:34:36 <Soulless> He runs up top and directs the boat to go *faster* to its destination.
Oct 24 17:34:48 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+6 tagging "I solve practical problems", engineering «Faster to do it from down in engineering» He fuckin guns the shit
Oct 24 17:34:49 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: tagging "I solve practical problems", engineering «Faster to do it from down in engineering» He fuckin guns the shit: 5 (4df+6=0, 0, -, 0)
Oct 24 17:35:23 <Dr_Kens> Kens is unconscious. He does what an unconscious person would do. Lie there.
Oct 24 17:35:23 <Maddy> Alice just tries to make Kens comfy…on the deck…somehow.
Oct 24 17:35:25 <Maddy> She's trying.
Oct 24 17:35:56 <Nusquam> The boat begins accelerating, and soon, it's hit its maximum safe cruising speed.
Oct 24 17:36:09 <Soulless> «Is this enough?»
Oct 24 17:36:26 <Laito> Alex rubs his head. Feels like a cool breeze in there, so oddly free of clutter for the time being. He wonders how long it'll last as he starts down the corridor.
Oct 24 17:36:36 <E4D> «All right, Laito, what the hell, man? Talk to me.»
Oct 24 17:37:05 <Laito> «It's just better that we not be here, Captain. We're somewhere that we shouldn't be.»
Oct 24 17:38:21 <Maddy> «Story of m-my life, Laito.»
Oct 24 17:38:51 <PaulS_laptop> «We still got the saboteur on board»
Oct 24 17:38:59 <Soulless> «Shall I continue sealing?»
Oct 24 17:39:19 <Laito> «Saboteurs aren't scared, John, worry about that later.»
Oct 24 17:39:20 <Maddy> «I dont think s-so, John. I t-think this is a-all conected.»
Oct 24 17:39:43 <PaulS_laptop> «it damn well ought to be scared»
Oct 24 17:40:03 * Dr_Kens has quit (Quit: <censored>. PSYCHOLOGY EXAM IN AN HOUR.)
Oct 24 17:40:35 <Soulless> «What should we do instead, if we are not sealing the boat?»
Oct 24 17:41:34 <PaulS_laptop> «Sealing the boat, just in case»
Oct 24 17:41:43 <E4D> «Affirm, Alicel. Do it for now. John, I'm gonna need a re-mount of that door later, up to gastight standards. Keep us moving at this clip for two hours, then go full stop, and let us drift. We'll do a compartment and serviceability check when we stop moving in the water."
Oct 24 17:41:59 <Soulless> Alicel continues sealing. He's done in a bit.
Oct 24 17:42:08 <Soulless> «Ready John.»
Oct 24 17:42:23 <Soulless> He heads back down to where John is, looking around for whatever it is.
Oct 24 17:42:43 <Soulless> «Is everyone on deck?»
Oct 24 17:42:48 <PaulS_laptop> «Jason, interrogative. is that a go for flooding?»
Oct 24 17:42:50 <Laito> «Almost there.»
Oct 24 17:43:32 <E4D> «Stand by. Once Laito sounds off above deck, you are go to flood.»
Oct 24 17:44:02 <Laito> Just before ascending, Alex stops to 'listen' one more time while his mind is clear.
Oct 24 17:44:27 <Soulless> «Please seal the door behind you, Alex.»
Oct 24 17:44:34 <Maddy> Bou is sitting on deck, really grumpy about being near salt
Oct 24 17:44:37 <PaulS_laptop> John dons SCBA gear and turns the air on, making sure his mask fits tight so he don't die
Oct 24 17:45:44 <E4D> Jason grabs a tarp form a nearby Zodiac and tosses it over her to keep the seaspray off.
Oct 24 17:45:45 <Laito> Shortly, Alex ascends to the deck, Jason's rifle in hand. His brow is furrowed in thought as he shuts the door behind him. «Do it if you want, but I don't think it'll matter.»
Oct 24 17:45:52 <PaulS_laptop> he stops to ready the PDW. He didn't have the 240 on him when this shit happened, and a flamethrower wouldn't work in a deoxygenated environment
Oct 24 17:46:09 <E4D> "Never hurts to try something that *might* work."
Oct 24 17:46:12 <Maddy> "Thanks, Bigguy." She says from under the tarp
Oct 24 17:46:21 <E4D> He keys the radio remote. «Gas this motherfucker.»
Oct 24 17:46:24 <Soulless> Alicel makes sure the door Alex exited is sealed, then everything is good to go.
Oct 24 17:46:35 <Laito> "i don't think there's anything here, Jason, to be honest."
Oct 24 17:46:48 <Maddy> "W-well. It'll kill the rats."
Oct 24 17:47:11 <Maddy> Alice shrugs. She gains points in "Finding the silver lining."
Oct 24 17:47:13 <Laito> Alex conceits to Alice's reasoning with a half-shrug.
Oct 24 17:47:43 <PaulS_laptop> «Everybody, belowdecks is now undergoing sterilization brought to you by Halon. Remember to call your Congressman and tell him to lobby for the relegalization of your favorite O2 depleting gas»
Oct 24 17:48:23 <PaulS_laptop> John makes sure the engines're running on outside O2, then throws the master switch.
Oct 24 17:48:23 <E4D> "Then what was John talking about with claws and shit? What the hell did I chase down the hallway?"
Oct 24 17:48:50 <PaulS_laptop> He sets it to flood every room on every deck
Oct 24 17:49:16 <Soulless> Alicel stalks the halls while the gas floods. He looks for anything out of place.
Oct 24 17:49:23 <Nusquam> The ship echoes with a series of dull FWOOSH sounds as the rooms are flooded in sequence.
Oct 24 17:49:24 <PaulS_laptop> And then he waits, ready to sweep after it finishes flooding
Oct 24 17:50:12 <Soulless> 4df+2 perception looking while he heads to John
Oct 24 17:50:13 <Glacon> Soulless: perception looking while he heads to John: 0 (4df+2=0, 0, -, -)
Oct 24 17:50:29 <Maddy> "W-wouldnt be the f-first time something weird and e-extra dementional fucked with us, hun."
Oct 24 17:50:40 <Laito> "Fuck if I know, Jason, but it's not looking like this is an intruder type situation. More like a manifestation."
Oct 24 17:50:48 <Laito> "I think, anyway."
Oct 24 17:51:13 <Laito> "Some is panicked, and wants us to leave, and since we're all very nice people, we're gonna do just that."
Oct 24 17:51:31 <Laito> Alex hands Jason the rifle.
Oct 24 17:51:41 <PaulS_laptop> John makes his way out of engineering, navigating by the red emergency lighting that kicks on when you hit those systems. Sweeping room by room as he goes
Oct 24 17:51:42 <E4D> "Thank you."
Oct 24 17:51:45 <E4D> "Fire any rounds?"
Oct 24 17:51:55 <Laito> "Didn't have to."
Oct 24 17:52:07 <E4D> Jason nods.
Oct 24 17:52:11 <Soulless> Alicel is by John's side. "Where shall you go? Where shall I go?"
Oct 24 17:52:38 <E4D> «Bring it up top, people. Vent that shit from the bridge.»
Oct 24 17:52:56 <Soulless> «Everything is fine?»
Oct 24 17:53:07 <PaulS_laptop> «Rodger» John hits the ventilators for the bridge
Oct 24 17:53:14 <Maddy> «About a-as fine as the end of the w-world can be, I spose."
Oct 24 17:53:16 <Maddy> »
Oct 24 17:53:31 <PaulS_laptop> "Alicel, sweep the personnel decks"
Oct 24 17:53:55 <Soulless> Alicel nods and goes to check out people's rooms for anything suspicious. He checks every room that is open.
Oct 24 17:54:18 <E4D> There are no open ones. He sealed them all.
Oct 24 17:54:52 <Nusquam> There is one open room, a storage closet, the one he had ducked into earlier.
Oct 24 17:55:05 <PaulS_laptop> John begins systematically purging engineering, medical and other "important" rooms first, leaving personnel quarters to stew for a while
Oct 24 17:55:14 <PaulS_laptop> «We got whatever it was?»
Oct 24 17:55:22 <Soulless> He checks that, looks for anything odd, and he also checks the hallways.
Oct 24 17:55:43 <Maddy> «M-more like we've left it behind.»
Oct 24 17:55:49 <Nusquam> MDef, Alicel.
Oct 24 17:56:05 <Soulless> 4df+2 the robot's not great at this
Oct 24 17:56:05 <Glacon> Soulless: the robot's not great at this: 2 (4df+2=0, +, 0, -)
Oct 24 17:56:09 <PaulS_laptop> «We sure?»
Oct 24 17:56:44 <Maddy> Alice looks at Alex. "Are we?"
Oct 24 17:56:46 <PaulS_laptop> «Personnell quarters are still off limits while system purges. bridge is clear. Medical is clear. hallways are clear.»
Oct 24 17:57:06 <E4D> «Copy, now get your asses to the deck.»
Oct 24 17:57:24 <Nusquam> Just a storage closet. He must have forgotten to close it.
Oct 24 17:58:01 <Soulless> He closes it and pets it lightly before continuing. Anything odd?
Oct 24 17:58:09 <PaulS_laptop> «still clearing. Gimmie a sec»
Oct 24 17:58:31 <PaulS_laptop> he purges the personnel quarters, before striding back up to the top deck, still in SCBA
Oct 24 17:59:06 <Nusquam> Nope.
Oct 24 17:59:22 <Soulless> «Everything is fine in the personnel quarters.»
Oct 24 17:59:32 <Laito> Alex /me shuts his eyes.
Oct 24 18:01:46 <Soulless> He skulks around a bit before he sees everything as fine on his end. «John everything appears fine here, what of you?»
Oct 24 18:01:59 <PaulS_laptop> «Looks fine here, I'm up top»
Oct 24 18:02:07 <PaulS_laptop> he takes off his mask and shuts off the O2
Oct 24 18:02:35 <Soulless> Alicel heads back to the deck, a little confused and concerned and smelling like gas, if it has a smell.
Oct 24 18:02:42 <Laito> "Like I said, I didn't think there was anything down there to begin with," he says to Alice.
Oct 24 18:02:47 <Soulless> "Hello everyone."
Oct 24 18:03:28 <PaulS_laptop> halon has no smell
Oct 24 18:03:45 <Soulless> Then he smells like nothing, like he usually smells.
Oct 24 18:04:13 <Maddy> She nods. "I m-meant more are w-we sure we've fixed the problem."
Oct 24 18:04:18 <Laito> Alex lets the clutter fall back into place, erecting mental bulwarks vast and mighty to compensate for the mental nakedness he shivered through moments before.
Oct 24 18:04:58 <Laito> Alex shrugs. "No idea, but I'm not catching anything unusual anymore."
Oct 24 18:05:47 <E4D> Jason points to the unconscious Kens. "There was enough of something to slice him up to fuck and back." So elequent, Jason.
Oct 24 18:05:50 <E4D> *o
Oct 24 18:06:08 <Soulless> "Is he going to be alright?"
Oct 24 18:06:22 <Laito> "You know very well that something doesn't need a physical body to fuck people up, Jason."
Oct 24 18:07:48 <E4D> Jason nods, conceding the point.
Oct 24 18:08:48 <Maddy> "He's g-going to be sore as f-fuck when he wakes up. Other th-than that, he's ok."
Oct 24 18:10:33 <Soulless> "That is good. "
Oct 24 18:11:11 <E4D> "Well, good to know that I wasn't going nuts."
Oct 24 18:11:55 <Soulless> "Midnight mentioned it may be something spiritual. In that way, it would not be insanity, Jason. I do not believe anyone doubted your soundness of mind."
Oct 24 18:12:46 <Laito> Alex wanders away to the prow and lays down.