Boatman's Assassins

Sep 02 22:03:39 <Waxx> Alice, roll vehicle defense!
Sep 02 22:03:54 <Tom90deg> «Yah, but I don't know…someone like you guys may have had it locked up.»
Sep 02 22:04:55 * Ragazzo has quit (Quit: dinrar)
Sep 02 22:05:25 <Dawny> «Potts Point doesn't have magical bullshit…or it didn't when I left»
Sep 02 22:05:46 <Maddy> 4df+8
Sep 02 22:05:47 <Glacon> Maddy: 6 (4df+8=0, -, -, 0)
Sep 02 22:06:20 <Gerald> «It need not even be an Item, simply those with no appreciation for life. Bandits, cannibals, there are a good number of individuals who wish harm upon others.»
Sep 02 22:06:45 <PaulS_laptop> John is keeping an eye out on the turret. he has no radio atm.
Sep 02 22:07:09 <PaulS_laptop> "those're people who I get to shoot, boatman"
Sep 02 22:07:15 <Nioki> Alanoch keeps his eyes open, looking around the convoy from Florence's spotter seat.
Sep 02 22:07:20 <Waxx> Without warning, a very loud and violent crash in Alice's vehicle, followed by a deeper bass report from some sort of mounted heavy weapon. A 7.5cm round ricochets off the front glacis plate of the Stryker and goes careening skyward.
Sep 02 22:07:39 <Waxx> Gunners, roll perception.
Sep 02 22:07:42 <Maddy> «Woah! What th fuck!»
Sep 02 22:07:46 <PaulS_laptop> "Jesus fuck"
Sep 02 22:07:54 <Tom90deg> «Waht happened?»
Sep 02 22:07:57 <Nioki> 4df+6 Perception. Spotter seat.
Sep 02 22:07:58 <Glacon> Nioki: Perception. Spotter seat.: 9 (4df+6=0, +, +, +)
Sep 02 22:08:09 <Dawny> «Mother fucker»
Sep 02 22:08:14 <E4D> 4df+4 Main gun, come on baby.
Sep 02 22:08:15 <Glacon> E4D: Main gun, come on baby.: 6 (4df+4=0, +, 0, +)
Sep 02 22:08:47 <E4D> «DRIVE FASTER! EVERYONE, BLOW THROUGH! CONTACT!»
Sep 02 22:08:55 <Gerald> «Ah. It may appear that we are being fired upon.»
Sep 02 22:09:03 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+6 perception'
Sep 02 22:09:03 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: perception': 6 (4df+6=-, +, -, +)
Sep 02 22:09:21 <Waxx> Jason's and Paul's thermals pick up the warm barrel of a mounted recoilless rifle. Alanoch is perceptive enough to be able to see the crew as they slam home another round in the chamber. The gunner depresses his trigger again.
Sep 02 22:09:25 <Waxx> Maddy, roll defense again.
Sep 02 22:09:30 <Maddy> 4df+8
Sep 02 22:09:30 <Glacon> Maddy: 7 (4df+8=0, 0, -, 0)
Sep 02 22:09:31 <Salmander> «No shit, Charon.»
Sep 02 22:09:47 <Nioki> «I see them. Should I fire?"
Sep 02 22:09:48 <Nioki> »
Sep 02 22:10:08 <PaulS_laptop> "Recoilless rifle, [ insert range here]. Charon, radio them"
Sep 02 22:10:10 <Tom90deg> «Thank you Captian Obvious.»
Sep 02 22:10:16 <E4D> «ALICE, FIRE THE SMOKE. ALANOCH, IF YOU SEE THEM *KILL* THEM.»
Sep 02 22:10:26 <Waxx> Having the element of surprise for now, the enemy gunner manages to fire a quick round in your direction. It sails over the top of the vehicles, upsetting but totally harmless.
Sep 02 22:10:35 <Waxx> Anyone who wishes to perform an action or a roll may do so now!
Sep 02 22:10:35 <Gerald> «No, I am sure that they will stop shooting at us if we do nothing to stop them. Ah, comrades, it appears to be a recoilleess rifle, according to our dear friend John.»
Sep 02 22:10:42 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+5 opening fire with the M2.
Sep 02 22:10:42 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: opening fire with the M2.: 5 (4df+5=0, 0, 0, 0)
Sep 02 22:10:44 <Nioki> 4df+5 Minigun fire. Alanoch lets loose, aiming for the crew.
Sep 02 22:10:45 <Glacon> Nioki: Minigun fire. Alanoch lets loose, aiming for the crew.: 3 (4df+5=-, 0, 0, -)
Sep 02 22:10:49 <E4D> «On it.»
Sep 02 22:10:58 <Flames> 4df+4 Midnight prepares herself for some magic (Occult Maneuver)
Sep 02 22:10:58 <Glacon> Flames: Midnight prepares herself for some magic (Occult Maneuver): 3 (4df+4=-, +, -, 0)
Sep 02 22:11:12 <Gerald> Charon keeps driving. Not much else he can do, eh?
Sep 02 22:11:25 <Salmander> Redd watches the horizon or something
Sep 02 22:11:25 <Gerald> Or rather, he tries getting a look at where the firing's coming from.
Sep 02 22:11:33 <E4D> 4df+7 Jason unleashes the Bushmaster, flicking it over to High Explosive Incendiary and dumping a long, factory-unsafe burst.
Sep 02 22:11:33 <Glacon> E4D: Jason unleashes the Bushmaster, flicking it over to High Explosive Incendiary and dumping a long, factory-unsafe burst.: 7 (4df+7=0, 0, -, +)
Sep 02 22:11:33 <Gerald> 4df+2 All he can do is drive and watch….
Sep 02 22:11:34 <Maddy> Alice hits the smoke!
Sep 02 22:11:34 <Glacon> Gerald: All he can do is drive and watch….: 3 (4df+2=+, -, +, 0)
Sep 02 22:11:43 <Dawny> Kay drives, hoping she doesn't get killed in her unarmored SUV.
Sep 02 22:12:01 <Waxx> Dmitri and Misha prepare their small arms and wait for the order to disembark the infantry.
Sep 02 22:12:23 <PaulS_laptop> "I fucking want that 57"
Sep 02 22:12:42 <Salmander> 4df+3 perception, why not
Sep 02 22:12:43 <Glacon> Salmander: perception, why not: 4 (4df+3=+, -, +, 0)
Sep 02 22:12:59 <Tom90deg> Zoe just ducks for cover, not much else she can do.
Sep 02 22:13:06 <Waxx> Thanks a lot! Stand by for a moment please
Sep 02 22:13:47 <Maddy> Alice stops to let Dmitri and Misha out.
Sep 02 22:14:20 <Waxx> John, Alanoch and Jason unleash their respective firepower on the ambushers. The mounted gun and its crew are completely demolished, leaving nothing but scrap and scorched flesh.
Sep 02 22:14:25 <E4D> «GODDAMN! I wish I had a sword instead of a 25 mike mike Bushmaster autocannon right now…»
Sep 02 22:14:44 <Tom90deg> «LEave the humor to those who are good at it Jason.»
Sep 02 22:14:45 <Maddy> «Hehehe…»
Sep 02 22:14:54 <Maddy> «I thouhgt it was funny.»
Sep 02 22:15:02 <PaulS_laptop> "Charon, ask them if we can swing in closer. I want that gun."
Sep 02 22:15:06 <Waxx> Redd peers out of one of the passenger viewing slits, opposite of the engagement. It's fortunate, however, because he notices a second squad of infantry approaching them rapidly, behind the view of the gunners. There is something else, looming large on the horizon.
Sep 02 22:15:13 <Nioki> «They're dead.»
Sep 02 22:15:18 <Waxx> Charon manages to catch a glimpse of this at well, but it's too far off to identify it yet.
Sep 02 22:15:41 <Nioki> Alanoch looks around them for others.
Sep 02 22:15:47 <Gerald> «An absolute riot, dear Corporal. There is something else moving towards us, large. Along with another group of infantry, I believe. You may wish to brace yourselves.»
Sep 02 22:16:07 <E4D> «Gun crew dusted. No additional targets in vicinity of. Good shooting Ala… say again?»
Sep 02 22:16:10 <Salmander> «Yo, we got more inbounds behind the fucks that shot at us. And… somethin' else.»
Sep 02 22:16:27 <Waxx> Just as Alice stops the Stryker to disembark the infantry, the approaching attackers get within range and start throwing shaped charges at the vehicle column. Maddy and Charon, roll vehicle defense please.
Sep 02 22:16:28 <PaulS_laptop> "Redd, toss me up the radio please"
Sep 02 22:16:46 <Tom90deg> Zoe looks out the back window.
Sep 02 22:16:53 <Salmander> Redd hands John the radio.
Sep 02 22:17:06 <Maddy> 4df+8
Sep 02 22:17:07 <Glacon> Maddy: 4 (4df+8=-, -, -, -)
Sep 02 22:17:10 <Dawny> «Orders?»
Sep 02 22:17:15 <Gerald> 4df+6 Tankity tank?
Sep 02 22:17:16 <Glacon> Gerald: Tankity tank?: 4 (4df+6=-, -, -, +)
Sep 02 22:17:26 <E4D> «EN-FUCKING-GAGE»
Sep 02 22:17:39 <Waxx> «INFANTRY, DISEMBARK AND RETURN FIRE. MAKE READY ON THE ANTI TANK RIFLES!»
Sep 02 22:17:52 <PaulS_laptop> «when we mop these fucks up, I want that 57.»
Sep 02 22:18:06 <Dawny> Kay gets out of her SUV and lines up with Dmitri and Misha
Sep 02 22:18:08 <PaulS_laptop> «Colonel, my anti-tank rifle is yours if you want it for this one. Side of the hummvee.»
Sep 02 22:18:24 <Waxx> The looming object on the horizon opens fire with its own cannon.
Sep 02 22:18:24 <Tom90deg> Zoe climbs out as well, sword at the ready.
Sep 02 22:18:32 <E4D> 4df+6 Jason attempts to hose down the attackers with the Ma Deuce coax.
Sep 02 22:18:32 <Glacon> E4D: Jason attempts to hose down the attackers with the Ma Deuce coax.: 6 (4df+6=0, -, +, 0)
Sep 02 22:18:35 <Waxx> 4df+6 Cannon fire
Sep 02 22:18:36 <Glacon> Waxx: Cannon fire: 6 (4df+6=-, -, +, +)
Sep 02 22:18:37 <Nioki> 4df+5 Alanoch turns the minigun to sweep across the figures.
Sep 02 22:18:38 <Glacon> Nioki: Alanoch turns the minigun to sweep across the figures.: 4 (4df+5=-, -, +, 0)
Sep 02 22:18:57 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+5 John opens fire with the .50 again, swearing intensely.
Sep 02 22:18:57 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: John opens fire with the .50 again, swearing intensely.: 5 (4df+5=+, 0, 0, -)
Sep 02 22:19:10 <Waxx> Hold off on rolling for a moment please
Sep 02 22:19:22 <Nioki> «Who are these people?"
Sep 02 22:19:24 <Nioki> »
Sep 02 22:19:31 <Dawny> 4df+3 I has my rifle!
Sep 02 22:19:31 <Glacon> Dawny: I has my rifle!: 4 (4df+3=+, 0, +, -)
Sep 02 22:19:55 <PaulS_laptop> «Doesn't matter, Alan. Fucker's gonna die.>
Sep 02 22:20:26 <Nioki> «If this is some kind of misunderstanding, then it definitely matters.»
Sep 02 22:20:30 <Waxx> 25mm cannon fire rakes across the hulls of Eve and El Diablo. Eve's Armor holds, El Diablo isn't so lucky. The humvee is immediately immobilized and begins streaming smoke from the engine.
Sep 02 22:20:49 <Gerald> «Ah. This is a problem.»
Sep 02 22:21:07 <Waxx> 4df+4 infantry defense
Sep 02 22:21:07 <Glacon> Waxx: infantry defense: 3 (4df+4=-, +, 0, -)
Sep 02 22:21:19 <E4D> «JESUS FUCK, THEY GOT AN EVE!!!»
Sep 02 22:21:24 <PaulS_laptop> «Motherfucker! Jason, we're hit. Cover us while we dismount!»
Sep 02 22:21:43 <Waxx> The guns remaining in operation seem to have no trouble mowing down the close assault team. As they're about to throw a satchel charge, the combined firepower cuts them down where they stand. A valiant attempt, for nought.
Sep 02 22:21:57 <Waxx> Okay, actions and rolls now, thank you!
Sep 02 22:22:42 <Dawny> 4df+4 rifle
Sep 02 22:22:42 <Glacon> Dawny: rifle: 5 (4df+4=+, -, +, 0)
Sep 02 22:22:51 <E4D> <Alice, fire the Javelin!>
Sep 02 22:22:59 <Dawny> fuck, that's a 4…I only have a +3
Sep 02 22:23:00 * Tox|Laptop (~ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.517E2951-CRInys|agemO#ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.517E2951-CRInys|agemO) has joined #afteraction
Sep 02 22:23:05 <Waxx> Re roll it, Dawny
Sep 02 22:23:09 <PaulS_laptop> «Charon, Redd, dismount!»
Sep 02 22:23:13 * Laito (~moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.1F0F8914-CRInys|sirhc#moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.1F0F8914-CRInys|sirhc) has joined #afteraction
Sep 02 22:23:14 <Dawny> 4df+3
Sep 02 22:23:14 <Glacon> Dawny: 2 (4df+3=-, 0, -, +)
Sep 02 22:23:28 <Tom90deg> Zoe gets behind cover, waiting for the crews to get closer.
Sep 02 22:23:56 <Maddy> 4df+8 Alice takes aim with the javelin.
Sep 02 22:23:57 <Glacon> Maddy: Alice takes aim with the javelin.: 8 (4df+8=+, 0, -, 0)
Sep 02 22:24:05 <Nioki> «I can try to blind them. If I randomize the light around the tank, they won't be able to safely use the big gun.»
Sep 02 22:24:06 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+4 The M2 having overheated, John begins laying out fire with the M240, waiting for the enemy armor to approach within flamethrower range.
Sep 02 22:24:06 <Flames> 4df+6 Midnight does a telepathic scan for sapient minds in the area.
Sep 02 22:24:06 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: The M2 having overheated, John begins laying out fire with the M240, waiting for the enemy armor to approach within flamethrower range.: 2 (4df+4=-, 0, -, 0)
Sep 02 22:24:06 <Glacon> Flames: Midnight does a telepathic scan for sapient minds in the area.: 7 (4df+6=-, +, +, 0)
Sep 02 22:24:13 <Tom90deg> «Jason! Is that thing the same design as our EVE on the Inside?»
Sep 02 22:24:19 <Gerald> Charon pops open the driver's door and scrambles out of the Diablo, running over and getting behind the stationary vehicle for cover.
Sep 02 22:24:28 <E4D> «It's about to be a chuck of fucking metal.»
Sep 02 22:24:43 <Nioki> «It'll take a little time, though. Should I try?»
Sep 02 22:25:11 * Salmander has quit (Ping timeout)
Sep 02 22:25:13 <PaulS_laptop> «Cover us instead, Alan. Bend light to hide us. Or make us look somewhere we're not»
Sep 02 22:25:34 <Nioki> «That would be much harder.»
Sep 02 22:25:51 <Dawny> «Don't hurt yourself»
Sep 02 22:26:12 <Waxx> Very good, no more rolls please!
Sep 02 22:26:40 <Waxx> 4df+8 Enemy Vehicle countermeasures
Sep 02 22:26:40 <Glacon> Waxx: Enemy Vehicle countermeasures: 5 (4df+8=-, -, -, 0)
Sep 02 22:27:23 <Waxx> John's wild firing of the M240 has exactly zero effect on the armor of the vehicle. Rather, it makes him a very attractive target for any remaining hostiles.
Sep 02 22:27:48 * Salmander (~ten.elbacwahs.gc.63A9248-CRInys|rednamlaS#ten.elbacwahs.gc.63A9248-CRInys|rednamlaS) has joined #afteraction
Sep 02 22:28:00 <Waxx> Midnight acquires a pretty clear mental lock on the surviving crew members of the enemy vehicle. It's got a full complement of crewmen: commander, gunner, driver, and there may be a squad of infantry riding in the back as well.
Sep 02 22:28:43 <Nioki> 4df+4 Perception maneuver -> Luxomancy. Alanoch pulls in light from outside, and pictures the enemy vehicle as clearly as he can.
Sep 02 22:28:44 <Glacon> Nioki: Perception maneuver -> Luxomancy. Alanoch pulls in light from outside, and pictures the enemy vehicle as clearly as he can.: 4 (4df+4=+, 0, 0, -)
Sep 02 22:29:01 <PaulS_laptop> "Come on, lookit me baby. Look at the guy with the MG and Eve about to blow the fuck out of you."
Sep 02 22:29:29 <Waxx> The enemy vehicle, clearly very similar to Eve, opens fire again with its main gun. Everyone who is outside of a vehicle, roll defense.
Sep 02 22:29:49 <Waxx> 4df+4 Dmitri defense
Sep 02 22:29:49 <Glacon> Waxx: Dmitri defense: 4 (4df+4=+, -, +, -)
Sep 02 22:29:52 <Waxx> 4df+3 Misha defense
Sep 02 22:29:53 <Dawny> 4df+3 fuck
Sep 02 22:29:54 <Glacon> Waxx: Misha defense: 1 (4df+3=+, -, -, -)
Sep 02 22:29:54 <Glacon> Dawny: fuck: 2 (4df+3=-, 0, 0, 0)
Sep 02 22:30:04 <Gerald> «Ah, I may be able to sneak up upon the vehicle, if they are distracted. Would that be of service? I do not know how large a company they are.»
Sep 02 22:30:07 <Tom90deg> 4df+6 Teleport dodgeing! (action point)
Sep 02 22:30:08 <Glacon> Tom90deg: Teleport dodgeing! (action point): 4 (4df+6=-, -, 0, 0)
Sep 02 22:30:17 <Gerald> 4df+4 He's still trying to hide.
Sep 02 22:30:18 <Glacon> Gerald: He's still trying to hide.: 4 (4df+4=0, 0, 0, 0)
Sep 02 22:30:27 <Salmander> 4df+3 ok
Sep 02 22:30:28 <Glacon> Salmander: ok: 0 (4df+3=0, -, -, -)
Sep 02 22:30:40 <Tom90deg> «I could sneak up and get inside, but i don't know how useful that would be.»
Sep 02 22:30:44 <PaulS_laptop> «Don't get yourself killed, boatman. I'd hate to lose my driver»
Sep 02 22:30:56 <Dawny> «Zoe, bad idea»
Sep 02 22:31:09 <Tom90deg> «Yah, figured»
Sep 02 22:32:06 <Waxx> The 25mm cannon rounds ricochet off the side of Eve's armor, throwing some nasty spall in the area. Misha and Kay both take metal spalling damage. There is a lot of blood and many lacerations, but it looks a lot worse than it really is. Despite this, it freaks the hell out of you and both Kay and Misha receive a -1 penalty to their next defense roll for being shaken.
Sep 02 22:32:12 <Waxx> Everyone else makes it out just okay.
Sep 02 22:32:34 <Dawny> "FFFFFUCK, ow!"
Sep 02 22:32:50 <Waxx> Misha has a pretty similar reaction to that.
Sep 02 22:32:57 <Salmander> "Oh shit, they're makin' swiss cheese."
Sep 02 22:33:28 <Waxx> About this time, there's a god awful roar from the top of Eve's turret. Smoke envelopes the area and something bright and unpleasant streaks upwards into the sky. It comes down right on top of the enemy LAV just as it's about to reverse behind a crest.
Sep 02 22:33:41 <Waxx> 1d2
Sep 02 22:33:41 <Glacon> Waxx: 1 (1d2=1)
Sep 02 22:34:09 <PaulS_laptop> Waxx: what is the distance between El Diablo and the LAV?
Sep 02 22:34:36 <Waxx> Smoke billows, sparks fly and flame erupts from the hole in the vehicles top armor. The enemy vehicle slows to a halt and the hatches drop open, smoke pouring out of the open hatch. Bloodied and burning crewmen tumble out, rolling in the grass and screaming their lungs out.
Sep 02 22:34:50 <Tom90deg> "Bloody hell…what was that?"
Sep 02 22:34:51 <Waxx> El Diablo is directly behind the Eve, only a few yards. It's still smoking like a motherfucker.
Sep 02 22:35:02 <Salmander> "…The fuck?"
Sep 02 22:35:11 <Waxx> That was the javelin, by the way.
Sep 02 22:35:14 <PaulS_laptop> Less than 100yds?
Sep 02 22:35:24 <Waxx> Paul, more like less than 10 yards.
Sep 02 22:35:33 <PaulS_laptop> perfect
Sep 02 22:35:54 <Waxx> Aside from the screaming, the enemy vehicle and crewmen appear to be sending nothing unpleasant your way for now. You are free to roll and perform any actions you wish.
Sep 02 22:36:33 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+6 tagging "and the answer is a gun" for excessive force reasons. John grabs the flamethrower gun from where it hung on the side of Eve, dismounting and mopping up. With a flamethrower.
Sep 02 22:36:33 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: tagging "and the answer is a gun" for excessive force reasons. John grabs the flamethrower gun from where it hung on the side of Eve, dismounting and mopping up. With a flamethrower.: 7 (4df+6=+, +, 0, -)
Sep 02 22:36:46 <E4D> Jason dismounts the vehicle. «Assault phase! Colonel! You know what to do!»
Sep 02 22:36:49 <PaulS_laptop> he's aiming for the screaming people, and then for the enemy Eve
Sep 02 22:36:55 <Dawny> [Misha, here please] Kay drops to a knee and takes out her med kit.
Sep 02 22:37:00 <E4D> He advances on foot toward the wreckage, weapon up.
Sep 02 22:37:01 <Nioki> «I have light ready. Should I highlight them?»
Sep 02 22:37:05 <Gerald> Charon strides over, legs launching him towards the burning men.
Sep 02 22:37:07 <Waxx> «FORWARD! FORWARD!» Dmitri rises and rushes forward, firing.
Sep 02 22:37:14 <Waxx> «NOT ONE STEP BACKWARD.»
Sep 02 22:37:21 <E4D> «Tag 'em, Nioki.»
Sep 02 22:37:23 <Gerald> Any left alive and in speakable condition?
Sep 02 22:37:48 <E4D> «Alice, you feel like busting one?»
Sep 02 22:37:48 <Waxx> There might be, if someone stops that god damned flamethrower!
Sep 02 22:37:52 <Flames> Or anyone that's relatively in command?
Sep 02 22:37:54 <Tom90deg> Zoe runs after the group, keeping an eye out for anything who looks thretening.
Sep 02 22:37:58 <Nioki> 4df+6 Fate point, Luxomancy. Alanoch doesn't need to blind the vehicle any more. So he focuses his stored light on the moving figures.
Sep 02 22:37:58 <Glacon> Nioki: Fate point, Luxomancy. Alanoch doesn't need to blind the vehicle any more. So he focuses his stored light on the moving figures.: 5 (4df+6=-, -, 0, +)
Sep 02 22:38:04 <Gerald> «DO NOT KILL THEM. Let me speak with one, at least.»
Sep 02 22:38:08 <Maddy> «What d-do you need me to do?»
Sep 02 22:38:17 <Salmander> "Yo, Johnny, cut that shit out. We need to fuckin' interrogate."
Sep 02 22:38:36 <PaulS_laptop> "You only need one to interrogate."
Sep 02 22:38:40 <Flames> 4df+6 Midnight attempts to find a surviving leader and dominate him into surrendering.
Sep 02 22:38:40 <Glacon> Flames: Midnight attempts to find a surviving leader and dominate him into surrendering.: 4 (4df+6=-, -, 0, 0)
Sep 02 22:38:50 <Waxx> Alanoch successfully blinds the already burned and grievously wounded crewmen. It adds insult to injury.
Sep 02 22:39:15 * Tox has quit (Ping timeout)
Sep 02 22:39:41 <Waxx> Unfortunately, John has completely torched everyone who exited the stricken enemy vehicle. Midnight, however, manages to locate a very faint essence from the driver's compartment…
Sep 02 22:39:48 * Tox|Laptop has quit (Ping timeout)
Sep 02 22:40:01 <Waxx> The men John burned are all dead or dying; there is nothing you can do for them.
Sep 02 22:40:09 <Flames> How badly is the driver hurt?
Sep 02 22:40:15 <Tom90deg> «Anyone left alive?»
Sep 02 22:40:16 <Waxx> He's barely alive.
Sep 02 22:40:21 <Salmander> "John you fuckin' moron."
Sep 02 22:40:28 <E4D> «CORPSMAN UP!»
Sep 02 22:40:52 <Dawny> «Where?» Kay grabs the large kit out of the stryker
Sep 02 22:40:56 <PaulS_laptop> "Fucker's killed my ride."
Sep 02 22:41:02 <Flames> ~The driver's alive, but in bad shape,~ Midnight sends that thought to Jason, Alice, and Zoe. ~Zoe, can you get him?~
Sep 02 22:41:24 <Waxx> Dmitri and Misha move amongst the bodies, firing shots into the chests of those still moving. It's merciful, and their suffering ends.
Sep 02 22:41:43 <Gerald> «Is there anyone who may be left to interrogate, or is this another incident bungled by the damned fools who feel it is best to shoot rather than think?»
Sep 02 22:41:48 <E4D> «We need their driver taken care of.»
Sep 02 22:41:54 <E4D> «We got one still alive.»
Sep 02 22:42:11 <Flames> 4df+4 Midnight commands the driver to sleep.
Sep 02 22:42:11 <Glacon> Flames: Midnight commands the driver to sleep.: 5 (4df+4=0, +, +, -)
Sep 02 22:42:35 <Tom90deg> "I can get him." «Jason! IS the layout of this the same as the EVE! I do not want to end up stuck in a wall!»
Sep 02 22:42:54 <E4D> «Yeah, same vehicle.»
Sep 02 22:42:57 <Tom90deg> Zoe runs up to the huge machine and tries to see where the driver is through the windows.
Sep 02 22:43:00 <Waxx> It's similar enough to not matter.
Sep 02 22:43:14 <E4D> «They might not have their gear in the same place. Is something like a duffle bag gonna hurt ya?»
Sep 02 22:43:15 <Waxx> Midnight succesfully wills the driver into unconsciousness.
Sep 02 22:43:32 <Nioki> Alanoch stays in the spotter seat, looking around for more trouble.
Sep 02 22:43:37 <Tom90deg> «Yes, Hold on, Kay, be ready for me to pull him out.»
Sep 02 22:43:48 <Tom90deg> Zoe climbs up and enters the top port, looking for the driver.
Sep 02 22:43:49 <Flames> «Driver's unconscious, you should be able to move him.» Midnight says over the radio.
Sep 02 22:44:27 <Waxx> All Alanoch can see is the swirling smoke from El Diablo and the enemy vehicle. There don't appear to be any hostiles remaining.
Sep 02 22:44:52 <Gerald> Charon moves over to the vehicle. «May I?»
Sep 02 22:45:19 * Dawny has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Sep 02 22:46:07 <E4D> «Alice, we might need a backup medical tech here.»
Sep 02 22:46:11 <PaulS_laptop> John goes back to Diablo. He hangs his flamethrower up and begins looking Diablo over
Sep 02 22:46:15 <Maddy> «Ffff, ok.»
Sep 02 22:46:24 <E4D> «Can you get out here, huh? John, stand by to move Eve.»
Sep 02 22:46:42 <Maddy> Alice get out of Eve and heads over.
Sep 02 22:46:47 <Waxx> Dmitri looks over Misha. [Kommandir, I cannot see! The blood is everywhere!] [Shut up, Misha! It is just a flesh wound!]
Sep 02 22:46:48 <PaulS_laptop> «Rodger.»
Sep 02 22:46:49 <Gerald> Charon grabs open the door the the enemy EVE, and looks in at the driver.
Sep 02 22:47:07 <Waxx> The driver is slumped in his chair, just like Midnight wanted him.
Sep 02 22:47:16 * Dawny (ten.sndomt.AE3A031F-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.sndomt.AE3A031F-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Sep 02 22:47:53 <Tom90deg> Zoe finds him easily, and unbukles his straps. «Make a hole, I'm coming outside!»
Sep 02 22:48:14 <Tom90deg> She wraps her arms around the sleeping man and teleports outside (two action points)
Sep 02 22:48:27 <Waxx> Action points spent! Zoe extricates the man rather handily.
Sep 02 22:48:46 <Dawny> «Careful for possible spine injury»
Sep 02 22:48:51 <Tom90deg> Zoe lets out a gasp. "Ahh, that is always rough….Medic! He's still alive!"
Sep 02 22:49:24 <Waxx> The driver is bleeding quite profusely from multiple wounds on his body, his remaining clothing singed and burned.
Sep 02 22:49:30 <Dawny> 4df+4 maneuver checking vitals
Sep 02 22:49:31 <Glacon> Dawny: maneuver checking vitals: 2 (4df+4=0, -, -, 0)
Sep 02 22:50:00 <Waxx> Even though you rolled a 2, it's easy to tell that the guy is rapidly approaching death unless you do something.
Sep 02 22:50:13 <Gerald> Charon waits for the driver to be brought back to stability.
Sep 02 22:50:14 <Waxx> Rolls and actions are open at this time, by the way.
Sep 02 22:50:39 <Tom90deg> Zoe lays him out on the ground. "He dosn't look good…"
Sep 02 22:50:53 <Gerald> "No. Undoubtedly he will not survive the night."
Sep 02 22:50:55 <Salmander> 4df+3 look around for any more imminent danger
Sep 02 22:50:56 <Glacon> Salmander: look around for any more imminent danger: 5 (4df+3=+, +, 0, 0)
Sep 02 22:51:07 <Flames> 4df+4 Midnight approaches, while focusing her mind on healing spells.
Sep 02 22:51:07 <Glacon> Flames: Midnight approaches, while focusing her mind on healing spells.: 7 (4df+4=0, +, +, +)
Sep 02 22:51:27 <Tom90deg> "You're just a ray of sunshine. We've got medics and magic."
Sep 02 22:51:59 <Maddy> Alice stands around uselesly. They have medics and magic.
Sep 02 22:52:06 <Waxx> Midnight's focus grants the man a reprieve from the crushing pain he's suffering, relaxing him and making it easier for the medics to do their work. The next medical roll receives a +2 bonus thanks to Midnight.
Sep 02 22:52:22 <Waxx> Redd does a fine job of looking around, but no, there is no more imminent danger. All seems to be clear.
Sep 02 22:52:24 <Gerald> "Oh, I am not worried about the quality of our medical services within the Convoy."
Sep 02 22:52:35 <Gerald> Charon puts his hands together and grins, ear to ear. It is not a nice grin.
Sep 02 22:52:40 <Gerald> "But he will not survive the night."
Sep 02 22:53:03 <Tom90deg> "God…LEts talk to him first."
Sep 02 22:53:13 <Waxx> Those near the enemy LAV can roll perception to learn what they can from it.
Sep 02 22:53:30 <Salmander> "Alright, we're all clear."
Sep 02 22:53:30 <Tom90deg> 4df+2
Sep 02 22:53:31 <Glacon> Tom90deg: 3 (4df+2=0, +, +, -)
Sep 02 22:53:48 <Maddy> 4df+3
Sep 02 22:53:49 <Glacon> Maddy: 5 (4df+3=-, +, +, +)
Sep 02 22:53:52 <Gerald> 4df+2 Tagging Dark Ferryman. He's seen some things, man. And some stuff.
Sep 02 22:53:53 <Glacon> Gerald: Tagging Dark Ferryman. He's seen some things, man. And some stuff.: 2 (4df+2=0, 0, 0, 0)
Sep 02 22:54:00 <Waxx> Charon doesn't see shit.
Sep 02 22:54:05 <E4D> "I wouldn't recommend it."
Sep 02 22:54:20 <Salmander> 4df+3 learn from yonder vehicle
Sep 02 22:54:21 <Glacon> Salmander: learn from yonder vehicle: 2 (4df+3=0, +, -, -)
Sep 02 22:54:21 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+4 engineering - mechanical. John walks over to the enemy LAV. Is the gun salvagable?
Sep 02 22:54:22 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: engineering - mechanical. John walks over to the enemy LAV. Is the gun salvagable?: 4 (4df+4=+, 0, 0, -)
Sep 02 22:54:28 <Waxx> No, actually. It's difficult to see through the smoke and charred remains of the hull, but you are able to glean a few important things:
Sep 02 22:54:41 <Waxx> Firstly, no, no equipment from the vehicle is salvageable. It's well and truly totaled.
Sep 02 22:55:21 <Waxx> Secondly, the vehicle appears to have a quick wash of paint over it; it's possible to still see its former Australian army livery through the covering.
Sep 02 22:56:10 <Dawny> 4df+7 Corpsman up! we need to chat bro…
Sep 02 22:56:10 <Glacon> Dawny: Corpsman up! we need to chat bro…: 8 (4df+7=-, +, 0, +)
Sep 02 22:56:13 <E4D> "Man, it'd be great to snag shit off the dead guys… it seems like they're too BURNED TO A CRISP THOUGH, GOD DAMNIT."
Sep 02 22:56:29 <Waxx> Indeed. There is nothing left thanks to John's flamethrower.
Sep 02 22:56:29 <Maddy> "It wasn't me."
Sep 02 22:56:51 <Tom90deg> "HEy JAson, this is Australian Army, I think. Not 100% sure on my military colors though."
Sep 02 22:56:54 <Gerald> "Oh, I quite agree. It was the same issue with that damned Circus, some here are of a mind to shoot first and disregard the idea of asking questions entirely."
Sep 02 22:57:02 <Waxx> Though she will never admit it ever, Kay is able to fantastically stabilize the dying crewman thanks to Midnight's help.
Sep 02 22:57:07 <PaulS_laptop> "You were the one who totalled the LAV, too. Looks like I can't liberate that gun."
Sep 02 22:57:23 <Waxx> Despite the incredible skill of this field surgery, it's evident that he will not last through the night. Whatever you want to do with him will have to be done soon.
Sep 02 22:57:37 <PaulS_laptop> "or any of the ammo on it."
Sep 02 22:57:42 <Salmander> "He stable, doc?"
Sep 02 22:58:00 <Waxx> As if on cue, what little ammunition remains in the LAV begins cooking off, causing quite a light show.
Sep 02 22:58:00 <E4D> "No I wasn't. That was Alice."
Sep 02 22:58:08 <Dawny> «Anything that needs said, needs said *now*, he won't last long…»
Sep 02 22:58:12 <Nioki> «There doesn't seem to be anyone left. Not that I can see. We should find which direction they came from. We might be heading towards more of them.»
Sep 02 22:58:39 <Gerald> "Or simply ask our newfound friend."
Sep 02 22:58:47 <PaulS_laptop> "Or that 57. Well, I dunno if that's totalled or not. Mind if I go back to there, see if it's still usable?"
Sep 02 22:58:50 <Tom90deg> «I'll start looking for any tracks, should be obvious to see.»
Sep 02 22:59:02 <Salmander> Redd leans over the driver and holds his face. "Wake up, bud."
Sep 02 22:59:05 <E4D> "Well? Gerald, You got any questions? And yeah, go for it, John."
Sep 02 22:59:14 <Nioki> «Best to do both to be safe.»
Sep 02 22:59:29 <Waxx> The 7.5 cm recoilless rifle is totaled as well. That was Jason's doing.
Sep 02 22:59:29 <Tom90deg> 4df+2 Zoe starts to look for any tracks caused by the big machine.
Sep 02 22:59:30 <Glacon> Tom90deg: Zoe starts to look for any tracks caused by the big machine.: 4 (4df+2=0, +, +, 0)
Sep 02 22:59:42 <Gerald> The good Dr. Gerald is, sadly, nowhere in sight. However, Charon will gladly step in for him.
Sep 02 22:59:46 <Dawny> "Don't touch him Redd, I don't need him going into shock when he *does* wake up." «Where the fuck is Misha?»
Sep 02 23:00:09 <PaulS_laptop> John starts the long walk to the 75mm gun.
Sep 02 23:00:10 <Salmander> "Doc, don't you have smelling salts or some shit?"
Sep 02 23:00:13 <Waxx> Misha is with Dmitri, who is receiving a field dressing to the worst of his lacerations. Kay would do well to remember she also has such lacerations!
Sep 02 23:00:14 <PaulS_laptop> He doesn't know it's trashed.
Sep 02 23:00:23 <Gerald> "Dearest kitten? Wake the poor fool up."
Sep 02 23:00:29 <Waxx> Zoe is able to easily pick out the tracks of the heavy vehicle. It would appear these are some of the people who have been trailing you for some time.
Sep 02 23:00:57 <Tom90deg> «Got the tracks. Think they've been following us for a while…Not that that helps much.»
Sep 02 23:01:05 <Waxx> By the looks of it they swung out in a wide circle, quick enough to get here before you did. By the very nature of the attack, they were expecting you to be here.
Sep 02 23:01:19 <Tom90deg> Zoe relays this information
Sep 02 23:01:20 <Dawny> "Don't call me that" Kay leans down and administers the best of all medical maneuvers…The STERNUM RUB!
Sep 02 23:01:35 <Nioki> «Probably more of the CI people.»
Sep 02 23:02:03 <Waxx> You're just saying that because I dm'd it!
Sep 02 23:02:18 * Ragazzo (ten.llebcap.ac2tks.lsd.CC771F8-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.llebcap.ac2tks.lsd.CC771F8-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Sep 02 23:02:47 <Gerald> «Oh, definitely. More assassins, I can tell you that immediately. Hence why I wish to interrogate him.»
Sep 02 23:03:16 <Dawny> Waxx, that should wake him…does it?
Sep 02 23:03:24 <Salmander> "Or maybe they were just fuckin' banditos waitin' to catch us when we're vulnerale."
Sep 02 23:03:29 <Waxx> We will just assume that it does.
Sep 02 23:03:43 <Tom90deg> «I don't think Banditos would have that big of a tank.»
Sep 02 23:03:48 <Nioki> «This has happened before.»
Sep 02 23:03:59 <Nioki> «Not with a tank, but still.»
Sep 02 23:04:04 <Salmander> "Tall guy, he's up."
Sep 02 23:04:11 <Dawny> "There" Kay walks toward Misha. "Let me do that Sir."
Sep 02 23:04:44 <E4D> Jason looks his uniform over.
Sep 02 23:04:52 <Waxx> Dmitri steps back and Misha, still shaken by this, allows her to bandage him.
Sep 02 23:05:13 <Gerald> Charon bends over him, grinning. "Good morning! Another failed attempt at my life, yes?"
Sep 02 23:05:39 <Waxx> The guy is wearing a uniform with white and grey camouflage patches on it. Not super effective in this environment, but he probably never expected to be caught without his vehicle.
Sep 02 23:05:43 <Salmander> Redd watches with his sleeves crossed.
Sep 02 23:05:57 <E4D> "Goddamn CI."
Sep 02 23:06:31 <Dawny> 4df+6 Tagging Trauma Care. Kay cleans, disinfects, and dresses Misha's wounds. She practices by counting them in Russian to herself.
Sep 02 23:06:31 <Glacon> Dawny: Tagging Trauma Care. Kay cleans, disinfects, and dresses Misha's wounds. She practices by counting them in Russian to herself.: 5 (4df+6=0, -, +, -)
Sep 02 23:06:36 <Waxx> His eyes flicker around, pupils dilated and unable to focus on anything. Your voices float through his consciousness as if in a dream, and it takes him a few minutes before he's able to understand that you're talking to him.
Sep 02 23:07:02 <Waxx> Finally, his eyes settle on Charon; they go wide, then narrow.
Sep 02 23:07:11 <Waxx> "You." Barely a croak.
Sep 02 23:07:33 <Dawny> [Cigarette Misha?] Kay holds out the pack, then offers it to Dmitri.
Sep 02 23:08:08 <Gerald> Still got that monstrous grin. "Me! Yes, me. Congratulations, soldier, you have failed in your objective. And, we both know what /failure/ brings in our lovely little Insurgency."
Sep 02 23:09:13 <Waxx> He tries to spit at Charon, but only manages to cough up some phlegm. "You are the only failure here. We once were few, and now we are many…no thanks to you, of course."
Sep 02 23:10:58 <Gerald> "Oh, I do not take credit where it's not due. Now, we both know you are about to die. However, I can save you massive amounts of bodily pain, if you simply tell me how many more patrols have been pumped into the region since my departure."
Sep 02 23:12:07 <Waxx> He smiles, blood running from his mouth. "You will find out soon enough. Run while you can, traitor, because we are going to find you."
Sep 02 23:12:22 <E4D> "Be a shame to have to blow all of 'em to fuck and back."
Sep 02 23:12:36 <PaulS_laptop> John returns, having found the 75 dead.
Sep 02 23:12:46 <PaulS_laptop> "Who're we blowing up?"
Sep 02 23:12:52 <PaulS_laptop> "more of these worthless fucks?"
Sep 02 23:13:06 <Waxx> The man squirms a bit, flexing his hands and moving his arms, feeling the wounds and bandages on his body. He winces as he does so, finally deciding to put his hands in his pockets.
Sep 02 23:13:21 <E4D> Jason pulls a large knife and kneels down in front of the guy, placing it at his throat and slashing.
Sep 02 23:13:34 <E4D> "EVERYONE, BACK!
Sep 02 23:13:38 <Gerald> The grin slowly evaporates. "I am well aware of this, you little ba-oh, hello COrporal."
Sep 02 23:13:38 <PaulS_laptop> "Your kill. You want the scalp?"
Sep 02 23:13:41 <Waxx> Jason's order is prescient.
Sep 02 23:13:49 <Salmander> Redd backs up.
Sep 02 23:13:50 <Waxx> The man's hand comes out of his pocket, holding a single stamped metal ring.
Sep 02 23:14:04 <Gerald> "….."
Sep 02 23:14:14 <Waxx> You should go!
Sep 02 23:14:16 <Dawny> Kay's already away from the area
Sep 02 23:14:21 <Maddy> Alice flees!
Sep 02 23:14:26 <Tom90deg> Zoe's out looking at the tracks.
Sep 02 23:14:28 <Salmander> Redd flees some more
Sep 02 23:14:29 <Gerald> Charon backs up, fast as his legs will take him.
Sep 02 23:14:36 <Flames> Midnight's already gone.
Sep 02 23:14:45 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3 athletics. John hauls fuckin ass.
Sep 02 23:14:45 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: athletics. John hauls fuckin ass.: 6 (4df+3=+, +, 0, +)
Sep 02 23:14:58 * E4D flees like Burt Gomer running farther before the building blows up.
Sep 02 23:15:00 <Waxx> The post-battle silence is broken by the muffled thunderclap of the hand grenade detonating in the man's pocket, shredding his already broken body.
Sep 02 23:15:21 <Salmander> "Motherfucker."
Sep 02 23:15:28 <Waxx> It rolls through the countryside, fading back into the former stillness.
Sep 02 23:15:39 <Tom90deg> Zoe looks up and over at the group «What was that? Something on the broken EVE blow up?»
Sep 02 23:15:45 <Gerald> "Bastard."
Sep 02 23:15:47 <Maddy> "Gahh!"
Sep 02 23:15:54 <Waxx> Speaking of broken, El Diablo is still streaming smoke from the engine.
Sep 02 23:15:57 <E4D> "HA! Hahahahahaha! GOd *damn*, that was close!"
Sep 02 23:16:11 <PaulS_laptop> John in turn walks back to El Diablo
Sep 02 23:16:16 <Waxx> Jason acquires temporary aspect: POST BATTLE HIGH
Sep 02 23:16:36 <Tom90deg> Zoe starts walking back towards the group
Sep 02 23:16:51 <PaulS_laptop> «Jason, remind me to find more of those recoilless rifles you fucking totalled. I want two of them on Diablo.»
Sep 02 23:17:29 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+6 tagging "I solve practical problems" to jury rig repairs on El Diablo
Sep 02 23:17:29 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: tagging "I solve practical problems" to jury rig repairs on El Diablo: 3 (4df+6=0, -, -, -)
Sep 02 23:18:07 <Waxx> Jury rigging a repair out here isn't going to work. John manages to stop the thing from smouldering though and, upon further inspection, sees that it can be repaired if he gets a few hours. For now though, it seems like a better option is towing it behind Eve.
Sep 02 23:18:19 <Tom90deg> «Jason, got the tracks. Looks like they were following us, and looped around somehow.»
Sep 02 23:20:09 <PaulS_laptop> «Jason, we got a tow rope? Diablo's beyond what I can do for now. If we can tow it to where we're going I might be able to get 'er working again»
Sep 02 23:20:20 <E4D> «Not hard, just cut a ninety dergree offset to flank and roll up, then double back.»
Sep 02 23:20:53 <E4D> «Each of the vehicle's got a road kit in the cargo block.»
Sep 02 23:21:05 <E4D> «Wel, the mil-spec ones.>
Sep 02 23:21:08 <Tom90deg> «Yah, but we're in the middle of nowhere. You'd think we'd of seen them.»
Sep 02 23:21:18 <PaulS_laptop> John begins rigging it up for towing.
Sep 02 23:21:30 <E4D> «All you gotta do is go BVR and drive slow.»
Sep 02 23:21:37 <Waxx> «We have been seeing them, Misha and I, anyway.»
Sep 02 23:21:45 * Rights (~PI.BF0EFC49.1A349E52.3D65DC1F|alliztahc#PI.BF0EFC49.1A349E52.3D65DC1F|alliztahc) has joined #afteraction
Sep 02 23:21:45 <Waxx> «It looks like they anticipated our moves this time.»
Sep 02 23:22:15 <Tom90deg> «Ahh…We are going in a somewhat sraight line I suppose.»
Sep 02 23:22:16 <Dawny> "Sir, you can smoke if you rife with me" Kay wipes a bit of blood off her arm.
Sep 02 23:22:18 <Dawny> ride*
Sep 02 23:22:36 <Gerald> Charon pops open the drivers door and pulls himself in. «I fear that they may be stepping up in their proverbial game. We may wish to vacate this continent as soon as we can.»