Brownies for The Convoy

Feb 09 23:27:04 <Light> Light pulls both huskies- a skinny, alert, reddish one, and a bigger one that's more white- into the SUV, where she's covered the back seat with a sheet although it's the end of the world and why on earth would she want to keep it clean. She climbs in the driver's seat, preparing to follow the LAV.
Feb 09 23:27:36 <Ragazzo> Colmes sits in the Eve, writing in his journal.
Feb 09 23:27:49 <Maddy> Driving down a thin side road, anyone who can see out, that being Light, Jason, Alice and whoever took the spotter place, can see that the forest here is extremely dense right by the road, but thins out further in, almost like it where a fence.
Feb 09 23:27:59 <Maddy> brb one moment
Feb 09 23:28:05 * Liebe (moc.rr.ser.submuloc.AD34885D-CRInys|tibbiM#moc.rr.ser.submuloc.AD34885D-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
Feb 09 23:30:06 <Ragazzo> Colmes can be ni the spotter spot?
Feb 09 23:30:32 <Maddy> Sue
Feb 09 23:30:34 <Maddy> *sure
Feb 09 23:31:18 <Maddy> Anyone who can see out, again that being, Jason, Alice, Colmes, Light and if you're riding on the outside o the LAV, roll perception.
Feb 09 23:31:30 <E4D> 4df+4?
Feb 09 23:31:32 <Light> 4df+4 VISION, YO
Feb 09 23:31:32 <CROM> Light: VISION, YO: 7 (4df+4=+, +, 0, +)
Feb 09 23:31:33 <E4D> 4df+4 ?
Feb 09 23:31:34 <CROM> E4D: ?: 5 (4df+4=-, +, +, 0)
Feb 09 23:31:52 <Ragazzo> 4df+7 Cat's eye tap
Feb 09 23:31:53 <CROM> Ragazzo: Cat's eye tap: 5 (4df+7=0, -, 0, -)
Feb 09 23:33:01 <Maddy> Good job! You all see a darkened house deeper into the woods. Light even notices that a dim light, like from a candle, coming from a window.
Feb 09 23:33:05 <Liebe> Tau is there.
Feb 09 23:33:10 <Dexanote> 4df+2
Feb 09 23:33:10 <CROM> Dexanote: -1 (4df+2=-, -, 0, -)
Feb 09 23:33:21 <E4D> Jason bangs on the roof of the LAV.
Feb 09 23:33:30 <E4D> "Hey! Hey! Hold it up!"
Feb 09 23:33:40 <Ragazzo> «There is a house in these woods.» Notes colmes.
Feb 09 23:33:44 <Ragazzo> So astute.
Feb 09 23:33:50 <E4D> «No shit, Sherlock.»
Feb 09 23:33:54 <Maddy> Alice slows.
Feb 09 23:34:00 <Ragazzo> «Sherlance, sir.»
Feb 09 23:34:04 <Light> «It's occupied,» Light adds.
Feb 09 23:34:06 <Ragazzo> «I have said this before.»
Feb 09 23:34:10 * Photosynthetic (~PI.614ACC7A.258A280E.2CDB850E|_noryB_rD#PI.614ACC7A.258A280E.2CDB850E|_noryB_rD) has joined #afteractionmission
Feb 09 23:34:25 <Photosynthetic> [Road! Woods! Right! Hi guys.]
Feb 09 23:34:54 * TroyL (~ten.tenreitnorf.nt.lvkc.20rd.37BC772D-CRInys|LyorT#ten.tenreitnorf.nt.lvkc.20rd.37BC772D-CRInys|LyorT) has joined #afteractionmission
Feb 09 23:34:58 <Maddy> «Occupied?»
Feb 09 23:35:49 <E4D> Jason drops down, mashing the ramp release and clambering out the back. He's assaulted immediately by the cold, no longer shielded by the face of the turret, and takes a moment to pull his balaclava on.
Feb 09 23:36:00 <Light> «Yeah, there's a light in the window.»
Feb 09 23:36:25 <Maddy> «W-what's the plan, babe?»
Feb 09 23:37:04 <Ragazzo> Colmes scrabbles out as well blinking.
Feb 09 23:37:33 <E4D> He hefts his rifle up, aiming in toward the house, checking for movement. «You guys wanna check this out? We found glorious Sov-yet wudsman. Might be another person outta contact.»
Feb 09 23:37:39 <Photosynthetic> Cara crouches in the vehicle, peering out after Jason.
Feb 09 23:38:19 <Maddy> There is only the flicker of the candle for movement
Feb 09 23:38:28 <E4D> He looks back. "If y'all's comin' with, I'd pull on a coat."
Feb 09 23:39:18 <Light> «Should I bring the dogs? Early warning system.»
Feb 09 23:39:28 <Photosynthetic> Cara grabs whatever it is she brought along and follows, cautiously.
Feb 09 23:39:48 <Ragazzo> Colmes bundles up, then comes back out.
Feb 09 23:39:49 <Photosynthetic> The cold hits her like a slap in the face, and she pulls her hat down tightly over her skull and ears.
Feb 09 23:39:55 <E4D> «Uhh, I'm gonna leave that up to you, Light.»
Feb 09 23:40:52 <Lilah> «I am going to stay with Tau and Adyelami,» says the Artemis.
Feb 09 23:41:01 <E4D> Jason idly re-blouses his boots, making sure no snow gets down inside, then moves to the side of the road, taking a knee in the snow.
Feb 09 23:41:55 <Maddy> Alice hops out for a moment and wanders over to Jason. "Should I k-keep it running?"
Feb 09 23:42:50 <E4D> "You could probly kill it. It'll move on the gennie. Saves fuel. Quieter, too.
Feb 09 23:43:05 <Light> Light considers, then decides to cut her risks and carefully removes just one dog from the car- Sergei, the reddish one. A length of rope attached to a nylon band serves as collar and leash. ALready bundled in her coat, she follows them out.
Feb 09 23:43:20 <Maddy> She nods and sneaks a kiss. "Be careful."
Feb 09 23:44:12 <E4D> Jason cuts a sieg heil to the O5's assistant as she passes. "You want to lead with Lassie? I'll keep ya safe."
Feb 09 23:45:35 * Light nods shortly. She and the dog tramp up towards the door. She keeps an eye on the animal's body language.
Feb 09 23:48:06 <Dexanote> Myrtle follows, i suppose. Yes.
Feb 09 23:50:04 <Maddy> As they near the house, they can see it's largely abandoned, and alone. Somehow, though, it looks in fairly good repair. No broken windows, no boards and it's not terribly overgrown.
Feb 09 23:50:15 <E4D> Jason wanders along, SURROUNDED BY WOMEN.
Feb 09 23:51:39 <Dexanote> How many stories, and is it wood or brick?
Feb 09 23:52:12 <E4D> He glances around to see who he's got with him, eyes stopping at Cara. "Hey, try and stick close to me, all right? Myrtle? Help me keep an eye on her?"
Feb 09 23:52:16 <Ragazzo> Colmes is there, and he's peering about thoughtfully.
Feb 09 23:52:25 * Nusquam has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Feb 09 23:52:31 <Maddy> It's 2 stories, wood and brick. It was probably built here areounf the same time the roads were.
Feb 09 23:52:35 <Dexanote> "No problem." She is trailing just behind.
Feb 09 23:52:39 * Light steps up, and knocks on the door.
Feb 09 23:52:57 <Photosynthetic> Cara nods. "Will do."
Feb 09 23:52:59 <E4D> "Nice and direct."
Feb 09 23:53:21 <E4D> Shrugging, he steps up beside Sophia and calls out, "Anyone home?"
Feb 09 23:53:30 <Maddy> There's no response at first, then…perception.
Feb 09 23:53:47 <E4D> 4df+4 Bat-senses tingling
Feb 09 23:53:47 <CROM> E4D: Bat-senses tingling: 6 (4df+4=+, -, +, +)
Feb 09 23:53:50 <Light> 4df+4 erp
Feb 09 23:53:50 <CROM> Light: erp: 4 (4df+4=0, 0, +, -)
Feb 09 23:53:51 <E4D> fuck yea
Feb 09 23:54:34 <Photosynthetic> 4df+2 Anyone there?
Feb 09 23:54:34 <CROM> Photosynthetic: Anyone there?: 3 (4df+2=-, 0, +, +)
Feb 09 23:54:41 <Ragazzo> 4df+5 herp
Feb 09 23:54:42 <CROM> Ragazzo: herp: 3 (4df+5=0, -, -, 0)
Feb 09 23:55:01 <Dexanote> 4df+2 i need moar pointz
Feb 09 23:55:02 <CROM> Dexanote: i need moar pointz: 2 (4df+2=+, -, +, -)
Feb 09 23:55:31 <Maddy> The doggy Light has can clearly hear something and is tilting its head back and forth. Not allarmed more like "I hear a funny noise."
Feb 09 23:55:50 <Maddy> Jason and Light barely hear someone whisper. "come in."
Feb 09 23:56:20 * Light steps the hell back from the door, listening as hard as she can.
Feb 09 23:56:52 <Maddy> She can hear…soft sobbing?
Feb 09 23:57:17 <Photosynthetic> Cara startles silently, but doesn't move.
Feb 09 23:58:26 <E4D> O_o is in full effect. He gives the door another knock, bonking it a couple times with his helmet. "Sir or ma'am? US military. Can we be of assistance?"
Feb 10 00:00:03 <Maddy> "Can come in…" the gravely voice repeats with a sniffle. Gender isn't really dicernable.
Feb 10 00:00:14 <Dexanote> "Shh."
Feb 10 00:00:27 <Dexanote> "Quiet."
Feb 10 00:00:28 <E4D> Jason casts a glance back to the others, giving an "I dunno," sort of shrug. "Oh, sorry." He's quiet.
Feb 10 00:00:56 <Dexanote> 4df+4 Myrtle relaxes herself, taking a deep breath and sliding out of interest.
Feb 10 00:00:56 <CROM> Dexanote: Myrtle relaxes herself, taking a deep breath and sliding out of interest.: 6 (4df+4=0, +, 0, +)
Feb 10 00:00:57 <Ragazzo> Colmes shrugs back. But remains quiet, perking his ears, and casting his eyes about the house's exterior more intently.
Feb 10 00:01:18 <Dexanote> She quietly checks if the door is locked or not.
Feb 10 00:01:39 <Maddy> It i not.
Feb 10 00:01:40 <Maddy> is
Feb 10 00:02:25 <Dexanote> She quietly, gradually opens it and slips inside, slinking towards the sobbing.
Feb 10 00:02:29 * Light ruffles Sergei's fur. She frowns.
Feb 10 00:02:49 <Photosynthetic> Cara glances at Jason, wordlessly requesting permission to proceed.
Feb 10 00:02:54 <E4D> Jason gives Light a nod, then follows Myrtle indoors.
Feb 10 00:03:46 <Ragazzo> Colmes waits for Cara, then heads in after she does.
Feb 10 00:04:15 * Light walks slowly after them, leading the dog.
Feb 10 00:04:48 <Photosynthetic> Cara follows Jason.
Feb 10 00:04:50 <Maddy> Myrtle is the first to notice the little elderly man sitting on the hearth. He's so pale he's almsot grey and sports a loooong bushy beard. He's crying, knees pulled up to his chest.
Feb 10 00:05:02 <Maddy> He's very thin and hairy.
Feb 10 00:06:24 <E4D> Jason's facing toward the door, then the corners, not having advanced in as far as Myrtle.
Feb 10 00:06:38 <Maddy> There are hundreds and hundreds of candles, some look like they've never been lit, many look like they've burned down to nothing, but only one is lit.
Feb 10 00:06:52 <Maddy> Clearly the creature has been concerving candles.
Feb 10 00:07:09 <Dexanote> She drops her shroud. He WILL notice her; she intends for it.
Feb 10 00:07:59 <E4D> For a moment, he thinks it might be almost nice if they were all lit, then puts his mind back to the task at hand. "We got anything, Myr- oh."
Feb 10 00:08:17 <Maddy> He sniffles again, looking over at her. His eyes are larger than for a normal man his size and are crystal blue. "You come to help?"
Feb 10 00:08:37 <Photosynthetic> "I hope so," Cara murmurs, looking around.
Feb 10 00:08:47 <Dexanote> "Who are you?"
Feb 10 00:09:16 <Maddy> "Domovoi is Domovoi. Nice to meet you, lady."
Feb 10 00:09:47 <Maddy> He wipes his eyes, still perched on the mantle.
Feb 10 00:10:00 <Light> "What's wrong?" Light is looking around the room.
Feb 10 00:11:21 <Dexanote> 4df+4 MDef, Domovoi.
Feb 10 00:11:21 <CROM> Dexanote: MDef, Domovoi.: 4 (4df+4=+, -, 0, 0)
Feb 10 00:12:37 <Maddy> The room is dusty, but not nearly as dusty as you would think. "Domovoi is all alone. Familly let him when Bad Luck came. Domovoi tried to keep house right, but Bad Luck is stonger than Domovoi…" he sounds like he's going to cry again.
Feb 10 00:12:59 <Dexanote> Myrtle flips her hair and turns like fluid, slipping out of his memory. Or trying to, at least.
Feb 10 00:13:02 <Photosynthetic> Cara visibly restrains herself from going to comfort the poor man.
Feb 10 00:13:34 <Dexanote> I'll assume the rest of the Convoy have appeared and seen the man; Myr slinks out of sight, around a corner.
Feb 10 00:13:54 <E4D> Jason raises the weapon, suddenly checking the ceiling and looking for stairs. "Bad Luck?"
Feb 10 00:15:57 <Maddy> There are stairs to a second floor and the basement. "Yes, very Bad Luck. Bad Luck make familly leave, but they no ask Domovoi to come with. No time. Domovoi did a bad job. He not a very good Do-mo-voooiiiiii…" he's crying again.
Feb 10 00:16:57 <E4D> Jason turns to face his league of amazons, and gestures for them to bring it in.
Feb 10 00:17:16 <Maddy> Light's puppy is clearly distressed by this and seems to be trying to go to the little man.
Feb 10 00:18:54 <E4D> "Light? Green?"
Feb 10 00:19:01 <E4D> "You guys got *any* idea?"
Feb 10 00:19:40 <E4D> He casts a look back at the old man. "What is Bad Luck?"
Feb 10 00:19:50 * Ragazzo has quit (Quit: bioshock)
Feb 10 00:21:08 <Maddy> "Bad Luck! Sometimes you bump head on cabinet, sometimes power go and foodgo bad. Sometimes animals come too close or go too far."
Feb 10 00:21:19 <Maddy> "Luck, but when is bad."
Feb 10 00:21:34 * Light pets the dog, calmingly. She shrugs. "What are the candles for? You have a lot of them."
Feb 10 00:21:38 <Photosynthetic> Cara nods slowly.
Feb 10 00:21:53 <Dexanote> 4df+2 Occult
Feb 10 00:21:53 <CROM> Dexanote: Occult: 3 (4df+2=0, 0, 0, +)
Feb 10 00:22:22 <Photosynthetic> "Should we check the basement?" she asks Jason, softly.
Feb 10 00:23:07 <E4D> "See about Myrtle. Go with her."
Feb 10 00:23:27 <Maddy> "…Domovoi scared of dark." Myrtle may have heard about old slavic and russian lore telling of Domovoi, or house spirits, known to keep good luck and chase off intruders.
Feb 10 00:24:01 <Dexanote> Myr's just around the other side of the doorway, around the corner. She can hear everything
Feb 10 00:24:15 <Light> Light nods.
Feb 10 00:27:16 <E4D> Jason nods at Domovoi. "Go get 'em, Light."
Feb 10 00:28:57 <Photosynthetic> Cara nods and heads for the basement steps. Deep breath. She pulls a flashlight and starts descending.
Feb 10 00:30:01 <Maddy> They start to decend and ATHLETICS!
Feb 10 00:30:24 <Light> "Hm
Feb 10 00:30:25 <Light> ?"
Feb 10 00:30:44 <E4D> "Talk to him."
Feb 10 00:30:52 <E4D> "You're, uh… O5 and all, right?"
Feb 10 00:31:10 <E4D> "You, uh, Domovoi. Why afraid of the dark?"
Feb 10 00:31:18 <Photosynthetic> 4df Oh god don't die
Feb 10 00:31:18 <CROM> Photosynthetic: Oh god don't die: 1 (4df=0, +, -, +)
Feb 10 00:31:21 <Dexanote> Myr follows Cara, making herself obvious.
Feb 10 00:31:27 <Dexanote> 4df+2 perception
Feb 10 00:31:28 <CROM> Dexanote: perception: 1 (4df+2=-, 0, +, -)
Feb 10 00:31:31 <Maddy> "Dark is scary when all alone…"
Feb 10 00:32:01 <Maddy> Photosynthetic, the step you just trod on broke, though it looked fine a moment ago. Physdef.
Feb 10 00:32:03 <Light> "That's understandable. Do you have food and water?"
Feb 10 00:32:14 <Photosynthetic> 4df+2 oh god oh god oh god
Feb 10 00:32:14 <CROM> Photosynthetic: oh god oh god oh god: -1 (4df+2=-, -, 0, -)
Feb 10 00:32:19 <Photosynthetic> …shit.
Feb 10 00:32:23 <Maddy> "Domovoi doesn't need to eat…but he likes to."
Feb 10 00:32:51 <Light> Light pauses. "Are you a human being?"
Feb 10 00:32:59 <Maddy> Cara faaaaaallls all the way into the basment, landing rather hard on her shoulder. No body loss, but it's probably dislocated.
Feb 10 00:33:11 <Maddy> "Domovoi is…Domovoi."
Feb 10 00:33:35 <E4D> Jason turns at the crashing sound. «What was that?»
Feb 10 00:33:45 <Photosynthetic> There's a loud yelp from the basement as Cara takes the plunge.
Feb 10 00:33:55 <Photosynthetic> "Ow ffff—!"
Feb 10 00:34:05 <Maddy> Your flashlight goes out, and in the complete darkness, you can almost hear whispering, barely tickling the edges of your senses.
Feb 10 00:34:55 <Photosynthetic> She drags herself into a sitting position and fumbles for her radio. «Stairs went. I fell. Ow. Shit shit ow.»
Feb 10 00:35:18 * Light whips her head around. "Should I-"
Feb 10 00:35:32 <Photosynthetic> Two panting breaths. «I don't think I broke anything, but my shoulder's not right. Watch the stairs if you follow.»
Feb 10 00:36:38 <Photosynthetic> She swears again, colorfully, in three or four languages.
Feb 10 00:37:00 <E4D> "Shit, Light, stay here. I'll go."
Feb 10 00:37:27 <E4D> Jason absentmindedly pats her on the back and heads downstairs, moving slowly, weapon at the low alert.
Feb 10 00:37:29 <Maddy> "Domovoi is doing a bad joooooob…" more crying now that he knows someone is hurt.
Feb 10 00:37:47 <Maddy> Jason! perception
Feb 10 00:38:06 <E4D> 4df+4 (O_O)
Feb 10 00:38:06 <CROM> E4D: (O_O): 3 (4df+4=-, 0, +, -)
Feb 10 00:38:46 <Maddy> He see's a beam come loose suddenly and swing in front of him. Athletics!
Feb 10 00:38:47 <Dexanote> Myr rushes to Cara's aid! Nope, she wasn't suppressing laughter until she realized Cara was hurt. Nope!
Feb 10 00:38:58 * Light decides not to object, and lets the dog go over to him. "It's alright, everything has been out of sorts. Is there anything strange in the basement?"
Feb 10 00:39:20 <E4D> 4df+5 "GAH!"
Feb 10 00:39:21 <CROM> E4D: "GAH!": 6 (4df+5=+, -, +, 0)
Feb 10 00:39:41 <Maddy> "Jsut more Bad Luck." doggy snuffles around him a moment and lays in front of the hearth protectively.
Feb 10 00:39:50 <Maddy> Jason manages to dodge it! Go Jason.
Feb 10 00:40:03 <E4D> "Knights of Columbus!"
Feb 10 00:40:17 <Dexanote> Myr twitches.
Feb 10 00:40:25 <Dexanote> «You can't have actually said that.»
Feb 10 00:40:46 <Light> Light nods, and blinks at the crashing noise. «What just happened?»
Feb 10 00:41:20 <E4D> He flicks his helmet light on, aiming it squarely down the stairs, keeping an eye open for the hazard that tripped Cara up. «Uh, nothing, fixture came loose. Everything's fine. On my way down.»
Feb 10 00:41:25 <Photosynthetic> Cara flinches at the crash, then flinches harder at what that does to her shoulder. The resultant feedback loop ends in another bitten-off yelp. «You okay?»
Feb 10 00:41:31 <Light> «Be careful»
Feb 10 00:41:46 <Photosynthetic> Cara sighs in relief as she sees the light. "Jason!"
Feb 10 00:41:49 <Maddy> If Jason takes a look at the beam, he will see there's nails in it about eye level with him.
Feb 10 00:41:54 <Light> She looks at the guy. "You said you had family?" She asks softly.
Feb 10 00:42:02 <Maddy> All whisper stop once the light is back on her.
Feb 10 00:42:25 <Dexanote> "Cara, you going to be okay? I can try to… like, pop it back in."
Feb 10 00:42:38 <E4D> "Jesus…" He shivers a little, realizing what almost happened, and continues down, striking a road flare as he reaches the bottom step,.
Feb 10 00:42:58 <E4D> "Ho, fuck, no don't do that."
Feb 10 00:43:00 <Photosynthetic> Cara swallows hard and tries to remember whether that's a good idea.
Feb 10 00:43:06 <E4D> "I mean, do you know what you're doin'?"
Feb 10 00:43:11 <Photosynthetic> 4df+4 life sciences
Feb 10 00:43:11 <CROM> Photosynthetic: life sciences: 4 (4df+4=0, 0, 0, 0)
Feb 10 00:43:13 <Dexanote> "Nope."
Feb 10 00:43:30 <Dexanote> She glances up at Jason. "You just lit a fire inside a house full of bad luck."
Feb 10 00:43:46 <Dexanote> "DIdn't you know someone who did that a lot? What happened with him?"
Feb 10 00:43:59 <E4D> "…" He caps the flare.
Feb 10 00:44:00 <Photosynthetic> "Prob'ly ought to wait for Dr. Light." Cara squeezes her eyes shut. "And keep that light on. Something was whispering down here, when it was dark."
Feb 10 00:44:11 <Maddy> "Domovoi always have familly, they live here. Yuri, Sasha, Misha too! Yuri grow up here, his papa grow up here and his papa…"
Feb 10 00:44:21 <Photosynthetic> Her Kiwi drawl is getting stronger under stress.
Feb 10 00:44:28 <Maddy> "But they leave when Domovoi fail job…"
Feb 10 00:44:39 <Dexanote> Myr pockets her sunglasses finally and looks into the darkness.
Feb 10 00:44:43 <Dexanote> 4df+4 tagging SS
Feb 10 00:44:43 <CROM> Dexanote: tagging SS: 3 (4df+4=0, -, 0, 0)
Feb 10 00:44:47 <Dexanote> fuck YOU crom
Feb 10 00:44:50 <E4D> And pulls a half-dozen glowsticks from the buttpack, cracking them all at once, and tossing the neon-green sticks around them.
Feb 10 00:45:11 <Maddy> It's crazy dark down there, but just looks like your average cellar in a really old house.
Feb 10 00:46:33 <Light> "What's your job?" She tilts her head.
Feb 10 00:46:34 <E4D> "Just help her up. Light's a doctor… she could probably do it right… maybe. If not, Alice can for sure. She does mine all the time."
Feb 10 00:46:57 <Maddy> "Bring Luck. Good kind."
Feb 10 00:47:03 <Maddy> "Protect familly."
Feb 10 00:47:06 <Maddy> "Keep house nice."
Feb 10 00:47:26 <Photosynthetic> Cara gulps again. "Could you please help me get my hand into my coat? Support it a little?"
Feb 10 00:47:43 <Dexanote> "Yeah. Hold on…"
Feb 10 00:48:09 <E4D> «Light, we got it under control. We'll be up shortly.»
Feb 10 00:48:22 <Light> Light nods, gazing at him. "What's with all the bad luck here? Normal houses aren't like this."
Feb 10 00:48:31 <Light> «Be careful.»
Feb 10 00:48:31 <Photosynthetic> Cara braces herself, trying to let her arm go slack.
Feb 10 00:49:38 <Maddy> "Domovoi don't know! He do a good job for many many years! He made friends with little Misha. Sometimes she talk to Domovoi at night." he frowns. "Domovoi just a bad Domovoi…"
Feb 10 00:50:30 <Dexanote> She pauses a moment, evaluating- then takes the arm by its wrist, sliding it in and through the sleeve in a single motion. Ow fuck
Feb 10 00:50:48 <E4D> Jason starts up the stairs, gingerly placing his foot down on each step, testing his weight before stepping off again.
Feb 10 00:51:32 <Light> "Hmm. Is there anything we can do? Now?"
Feb 10 00:52:10 <Maddy> "…maybe if you get rid of Bad Luck, Domovoi might get new familly? Then he be stronger. Domovoi always stronger with familly."
Feb 10 00:52:34 <Photosynthetic> Cara just about swallows her tongue. (Yes I know it's not actually possible shut up.) When she's through panting and swearing — which takes a minute — she wipes her eyes with her good hand. "Okay. Okay. Thanks. Erk." Pant. Pant. She extends her good hand. It shakes. "Help me up?"
Feb 10 00:53:17 <Light> "We could help you with that. How would we get rid of it?"
Feb 10 00:53:51 <E4D> Put one in front of the other… Does Jason encounter any further difficulties?
Feb 10 00:54:00 <Maddy> "Hmmm…sometimes, magic! Sometimes…ritual." He's good, for now.
Feb 10 00:55:10 <Light> Light nods. "I'll ask around. Maybe we can help you."
Feb 10 00:55:19 <E4D> «Guys, stairs are clear.»
Feb 10 00:55:34 <Maddy> He perks up a little. "Domovoi would be very greatful!"
Feb 10 00:55:36 * Nioki has quit (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.88 [Firefox 9.0.1/20111220165912])
Feb 10 00:57:20 <E4D> «Bring it on up. I don't think we got anything to gain by hangin' out in the basement.»
Feb 10 00:57:40 <Dexanote> "Come on, Cara."
Feb 10 00:59:14 <Photosynthetic> Cara gets herself up — it's not much fun, but she manages it — and starts for the stairs, muttering a decidedly profane litany under her breath.
Feb 10 01:00:18 <E4D> "Light?"
Feb 10 01:00:27 <Dexanote> "I heard that."
Feb 10 01:00:32 <E4D> "What's the deal with… Domovoi?"
Feb 10 01:01:03 <Maddy> He's not crying as much anymore
Feb 10 01:01:04 <Photosynthetic> "Not about you," Cara snorts, "it's the @#^%$%@# shoulder…"
Feb 10 01:01:40 <Dexanote> "I know. If i was insulted I'd trip you."
Feb 10 01:02:02 <Light> «Not much. He used to be lucky, somehow, and we could get the 'bad luck' out with some sort of ritual if we so desired.»
Feb 10 01:02:44 <Photosynthetic> The look of pure horror flits briefly across Cara's face, but it's there for long enough to communicate /exactly/ what the librarian thinks of being tripped right now.
Feb 10 01:04:37 <E4D> "You know… Alice has done that a couple times. Used to keep our room blessed on the ship."
Feb 10 01:05:41 <Light> "…Did it work?"
Feb 10 01:06:00 <E4D> "I don't know. It worked against Walter."
Feb 10 01:06:12 <E4D> "She, uh… literally set him on fire."
Feb 10 01:06:34 <Maddy> Domovoi reaches a freakishly long arm down from the hearth to pat the doggy.
Feb 10 01:07:24 <Photosynthetic> Uuuup the stairs. It's slow and painstaking, but unless the GM objects, they make it.
Feb 10 01:08:09 <Maddy> Yep, you're good
Feb 10 01:08:27 <Light> "Huh." She keeps an eye on the man and the dog.
Feb 10 01:08:53 <E4D> "Want me to call her?"
Feb 10 01:08:55 <Photosynthetic> Cara leans on the doorframe for a moment and looks for somewhere to sit.
Feb 10 01:10:19 <Light> "Wait on it. Cara, can you make it back to the LAV? We can treat you better there."
Feb 10 01:11:35 <Photosynthetic> "Yeah, I think so." She stands straighter again and starts trudging toward the front door.
Feb 10 01:11:44 <Dexanote> "Is the fay coming with us?"
Feb 10 01:13:03 <Light> "Fae?" She looks over at him. "You can come with us if you want. Otherwise, we might be back soon."
Feb 10 01:14:03 <Maddy> "Domovoi needs a house."
Feb 10 01:14:59 <Photosynthetic> "…Would the LAV count? We sorta live there sometimes."
Feb 10 01:15:48 <Maddy> "You a familly?"
Feb 10 01:16:08 <E4D> "We've lived in it for better than 6 months. Uh, we have a family there."
Feb 10 01:17:06 <Dexanote> "You could call it a family."
Feb 10 01:17:13 <Maddy> "Maybe Domovoi could go..but he has to be invited."
Feb 10 01:17:18 <Dexanote> She wretches internally at the words
Feb 10 01:18:12 <E4D> "I was talking about Alice, but you guys could count." He looks back to the Domovoi. "What happens to this house if you leave?"
Feb 10 01:18:45 <Maddy> "It stay alone unless new familly and new Domovoi come."
Feb 10 01:19:58 <Photosynthetic> Cara pauses halfway to the door. "And what — oww — what happens to the Bad Luck?"
Feb 10 01:20:37 <Maddy> "Maybe new Domovoi get rid of it…maybe it leave on it's own."
Feb 10 01:21:18 <Maddy> "Maybe it stay here forever." He looks sad,
Feb 10 01:21:56 <Dexanote> "Then it won't bother anybody else."
Feb 10 01:22:23 <E4D> Jason decides to be frank. "This part of the world is dying, and there's some bad things in the woods. We're leaving here to go someplace else. If you come with us, then the bad luck won't matter."
Feb 10 01:22:49 <Photosynthetic> . /Unless it follows him/, Cara doesn't say.
Feb 10 01:22:53 <Maddy> "Domovoi will come if you invite him."
Feb 10 01:24:19 * Light pulls the dog gently to its feet, and looks at Cara.
Feb 10 01:24:43 <E4D> Jason points at the dog, then looks at Light. "*He* didn't seem to mind."
Feb 10 01:24:59 <E4D> Back to the domovoi. "Then come with us."
Feb 10 01:25:10 <Maddy> "Have to say the right words!"
Feb 10 01:25:25 <E4D> "Gah…"
Feb 10 01:25:45 <Photosynthetic> Cara meets Light's gaze.
Feb 10 01:25:51 <E4D> He glances at Myrtle as if to say, "Well?"
Feb 10 01:26:18 <Light> "Well, he's a dog. Sorry, you ready now?" Light directs the last part at Cara.
Feb 10 01:26:35 <Dexanote> "Come on then."
Feb 10 01:27:11 <Photosynthetic> Cara nods. "Yeah." She waits for the doctor's instructions.
Feb 10 01:27:27 <E4D> "You know what I-… ah…"
Feb 10 01:28:15 <Maddy> "Domovoi is lonely, he would like to go with nice people."
Feb 10 01:28:36 * Light nods and heads out, figures it's best to do this somewhere where the lighting is a bit better. The LAV.
Feb 10 01:28:45 <Light> «Hey, Alice.»
Feb 10 01:28:59 <Maddy> «T-this is she, h-how can h-help?»
Feb 10 01:29:02 <Maddy> *I
Feb 10 01:29:46 <Liebe> how can help
Feb 10 01:29:52 <Liebe> suddenly Iyo
Feb 10 01:29:56 <Maddy> Then Alice was a Domovoi
Feb 10 01:29:59 <Maddy> Or Iyo
Feb 10 01:30:14 <Light> «First things first, Cara- I think- dislocated her shoulder. We're coming to the vehicle.»
Feb 10 01:30:32 <Maddy> «Roger that, everything ok?»
Feb 10 01:32:04 <Photosynthetic> "Sure feels dislocated," Cara mutters.
Feb 10 01:32:29 <Light> «Otherwise, yes.» She leads Cara out to the vehicle, and gets a better look at it.»
Feb 10 01:32:49 <E4D> «There's somethin' else here, Alice.»
Feb 10 01:33:09 <Maddy> «Ooooh?» Alice moves to the back of the LAV ready for Cara.
Feb 10 01:33:25 <E4D> Jason's still in the house. It's not too far away, and the thing hasn't shown itself to be hostile.
Feb 10 01:33:39 <E4D> «Domovoi mean anything to ya?»
Feb 10 01:33:59 <Maddy> «Domovoi? Little old man?»
Feb 10 01:35:31 <Dexanote> «We found one.»
Feb 10 01:35:46 <E4D> He looks up at the creature as he speaks. «That's an accurate description.»
Feb 10 01:36:46 <Maddy> «Oh wow…little house spirit, b-brings luck and s-so orth?»
Feb 10 01:37:19 <Maddy> The Domovoi looks a little shamed, he's not brought a whole lotta luck.
Feb 10 01:37:58 <Light> "So it seems." Light looks over the dislocation one last time. "Alright, I'm going to try to set this right now. It's going to hurt, a lot, but you should try and relax."
Feb 10 01:38:30 <Photosynthetic> Cara nods, grimaces, and tries to brace herself and relax at the same time. It works surprisingly well. "Ready."
Feb 10 01:38:33 <Maddy> "I c-can give you some advil after, t-to help."
Feb 10 01:38:36 <E4D> «It wants to come with us.»
Feb 10 01:38:57 <Maddy> «Oh…uhm…ok, one sec…»
Feb 10 01:39:16 <Photosynthetic> "That'd be good. Thanks." She's concentrating too hard to give a grateful smile.
Feb 10 01:39:35 <Maddy> «Turn to the D-domovoi, if he's still there and repeat after me, ok?»
Feb 10 01:39:55 <Light> "Okay."
Feb 10 01:40:05 <Light> 4df+3 Field Medic Activate!
Feb 10 01:40:05 <CROM> Light: Field Medic Activate!: 3 (4df+3=-, +, 0, 0)
Feb 10 01:40:11 <E4D> «All right?»
Feb 10 01:40:27 <Maddy> Light wins! POP!
Feb 10 01:40:33 <E4D> Jason faces the odd figure, ready to follow der order-zeiten!
Feb 10 01:40:39 <Light> It hurts like a /bitch/!
Feb 10 01:40:46 <Maddy> «Domovoi D-domovoi, don't stay here…»
Feb 10 01:41:09 <E4D> "Domovoi, Domovoi, don't stay here."
Feb 10 01:41:10 <Photosynthetic> This time Cara doesn't manage to choke back the scream. She bites it off after a second, almost losing her feet, but does stay up.
Feb 10 01:41:11 <Maddy> «But come with us a-and our familly.»
Feb 10 01:41:21 <E4D> He *nearly* repeats the stutter.
Feb 10 01:41:30 <Photosynthetic> "Bloody damn hell," she pants, and that's just the start of the litany.
Feb 10 01:41:39 <E4D> "But come with us and our family."
Feb 10 01:41:47 <Maddy> Alice digs out the extra strength advil and some water for Cara.
Feb 10 01:41:53 <Photosynthetic> About thirty seconds of colorful invective later, she actually directs a word to Light: "Thank you."
Feb 10 01:41:55 <E4D> He repeats what Alice told him word for word. and… waits or a reaction.
Feb 10 01:42:02 <Maddy> Domovoi smiles and even laughs. Then he dissappears.
Feb 10 01:43:19 * Light twitches a smile. "I used to know Swahili too."
Feb 10 01:43:25 <E4D> "Uh…"
Feb 10 01:43:56 <E4D> Jason looks around the room for any sign of the thing, eyes settling on the lone burning candle.
Feb 10 01:44:15 <E4D> He decides this would probably be the *best* time to leave, and does so.
Feb 10 01:44:45 <Maddy> The house looks alone and dead now, even with the candle still flickering.
Feb 10 01:46:08 <E4D> Jason returns to the LAV, shaking off the feeling of dread the house took on after the domovoi vanished. It's a lot easier to ignore than the pervasive cold.
Feb 10 01:46:08 <Photosynthetic> Cara snorts, and it's almost a chuckle. "I only know how to swear, I'm afraid…" She accepts the advil and water. "And thank you too, Alice." Chug.
Feb 10 01:46:33 <E4D> With that in mind, he retrieves his tent after returning, sets it up, and prepared to rack the fuck out.