Chaos, Avoided

Sep 06 00:30:11 <Waxx> Anyone with their radios on can hear an incessant clicking, repetetive, patterned.
Sep 06 00:30:55 <Waxx> Click click! Click click!
Sep 06 00:31:04 <Maddy> Alice is still playing her flute, so she can't hear her radio really.
Sep 06 00:31:09 <Flames> Midnight pauses. «Jason?»
Sep 06 00:31:33 <Dawny> «Who's fucking with the radio?»
Sep 06 00:31:40 <E4D> «Check. Stand by. Clear the net.»
Sep 06 00:31:44 <Waxx> A low voice comes through. «This is Strelnikov. Radio silence.»
Sep 06 00:31:49 <Waxx> The clicking stops.
Sep 06 00:32:16 <Waxx> Anyone who wants, roll perception.
Sep 06 00:32:33 <Salmander> 4df+3 ok
Sep 06 00:32:33 <Glacon> Salmander: ok: 4 (4df+3=+, 0, +, -)
Sep 06 00:32:35 <Maddy> 4df+3 Alice stops the flute playing to see whats going on.
Sep 06 00:32:37 <Glacon> Maddy: Alice stops the flute playing to see whats going on.: 2 (4df+3=-, 0, -, +)
Sep 06 00:32:37 <E4D> 4df+4 Jason looks around below through the thermal.
Sep 06 00:32:38 <Glacon> E4D: Jason looks around below through the thermal.: 4 (4df+4=0, +, -, 0)
Sep 06 00:32:38 <Ragazzo> 4df doo de doo
Sep 06 00:32:39 <Glacon> Ragazzo: doo de doo: 0 (4df=+, -, -, +)
Sep 06 00:33:07 <Dawny> 4df+2
Sep 06 00:33:07 <Glacon> Dawny: 1 (4df+2=-, 0, +, -)
Sep 06 00:33:20 <Waxx> Jason and Redd can hear a low murmur, almost a growl. In periods of lull, it's almost distinguishable as engines and tracks traversing down the roadways.
Sep 06 00:34:12 <Waxx> The two Russians dart into one of the Hospital entrances, shrouded in their canvas rain capes. They very much resemble photographs of Russians fighting in the second world war, and it's hard not to picture them carrying Mosin Nagants. Dmitri makes his way towards where he suspects Jason would be.
Sep 06 00:34:22 <Flames> 4df+4 Midnight rolls.
Sep 06 00:34:22 <Glacon> Flames: Midnight rolls.: 3 (4df+4=0, 0, -, 0)
Sep 06 00:34:40 <Waxx> Anyone rolling under a 4 doesn't hear anything through the rain.
Sep 06 00:35:14 <PaulS_laptop> 4df john is tinkerin
Sep 06 00:35:14 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: john is tinkerin: 0 (4df=-, -, +, +)
Sep 06 00:35:25 <Flames> "Let's find out what'sgoing on, Dusty." Midnight says as she heads to the hospital entrance.
Sep 06 00:35:26 <Waxx> Dmitri hazards a call. "Dodge Ridge?"
Sep 06 00:35:35 <Salmander> «The fuck are you guys doin'?»
Sep 06 00:35:47 <Ragazzo> "…? Sure, can't hear anything through this rain."
Sep 06 00:36:10 <Waxx> Midnight and Dusty run into Dmitri and Misha.
Sep 06 00:36:19 <Flames> "Colonel?"
Sep 06 00:36:20 <PaulS_laptop> «Something going on?»
Sep 06 00:36:26 <Ragazzo> Dusty nods.
Sep 06 00:36:29 <E4D> "Quiet, Colonel. Armor advancing.
Sep 06 00:36:31 <Waxx> "Get those fucking idiots off the radio! Get away from the windows and doors, now!"
Sep 06 00:36:43 <Waxx> Dmitri and Misha are hurriedly ushering them away from the entrance.
Sep 06 00:36:47 <E4D> «Clear your radios, turn 'em off. No more talking.»
Sep 06 00:36:51 <Ragazzo> "Ohh, shhhi-"
Sep 06 00:37:17 <Waxx> "Dodge Ridge, we have a large combined arms force approaching. I estimate, on Amerikan standards, at least company strength."
Sep 06 00:37:22 <Maddy> Alice is out by the Stryker. She turns off her radio and gets in the vehicle.
Sep 06 00:37:23 <Salmander> Redd turns his off. Not his problem.
Sep 06 00:37:45 <Waxx> "They seem to be marching, not sweeping. If we keep the vehicles off and our heads down, I think they may pass us by."
Sep 06 00:37:48 <E4D> "I see that. Keep a weapon aimed the headers of the formation, Colonel."
Sep 06 00:37:50 <PaulS_laptop> John's radio clicks off.
Sep 06 00:38:04 <Dawny> Kay shuts her's and Zoe's radio off. She takes a prone position, ready to protect Zoe.
Sep 06 00:38:09 <Ragazzo> Dusty clicks his off.
Sep 06 00:38:16 <Ragazzo> "Where's zoe?"
Sep 06 00:38:32 <Flames> 4df-2 Midnight tries to turn her radio off.
Sep 06 00:38:33 <Waxx> The noise of the oncoming column is now audible to everyone. Some of you are even able to hear muted chatter from the soldiers as they approach. The ground beneath your feet tremors ever so slightly…
Sep 06 00:38:33 <Glacon> Flames: Midnight tries to turn her radio off.: -2 (4df-2=0, 0, 0, 0)
Sep 06 00:38:40 <PaulS_laptop> John walks off and grabs the ATG, returning. He's for three rounds left.
Sep 06 00:38:59 <Waxx> Midnight's radio releases an awful squelching noise. It hurts your ears.
Sep 06 00:39:04 <Ragazzo> "Let me…"
Sep 06 00:39:14 <Ragazzo> Dusty turns off Midnight's.
Sep 06 00:39:17 <Waxx> The column abruptly stops.
Sep 06 00:39:33 <E4D> "Stand by to engage, Colonel."
Sep 06 00:39:38 <Salmander> Redd looks towards the noise.
Sep 06 00:39:40 <Waxx> Dmitri hisses, "Who gave the fucking cat a radio? It has no thumbs!"
Sep 06 00:40:15 <Waxx> Orders are barked; judging by the volume you estimate they are no more than 50 yards from your positions now. Still out of sight, but very close.
Sep 06 00:40:37 <E4D> 4df+4 Jason sights in on any obvious high value personne;. Machine gunner, a radio operator…
Sep 06 00:40:37 <Glacon> E4D: Jason sights in on any obvious high value personne;. Machine gunner, a radio operator…: 1 (4df+4=-, -, -, 0)
Sep 06 00:40:46 <E4D> Not firing, aiming.
Sep 06 00:40:55 * Lurker has quit (Quit: )
Sep 06 00:40:57 <Waxx> The tracks start up again, running at a higher RPM this time. Boots clatter on pavement and shortly they come into view. Their heads are on swivels, looking around in all directions.
Sep 06 00:41:05 <Dawny> Kay stays in the room, door shut. She'd be damned if she was going to lose someone again.
Sep 06 00:41:22 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+4 maneuver john looks for an officer or a driver
Sep 06 00:41:22 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: maneuver john looks for an officer or a driver: 4 (4df+4=+, -, +, -)
Sep 06 00:41:36 <Waxx> Dmitri wasn't kidding, there are at least several hundred of them out there, and those are just the ones you can see. One or two tracked carriers rattle past, turrets swinging heavy armament around, seeking targets. So far, they don't seem to have spotted any of you.
Sep 06 00:41:43 <Maddy> Alice has no idea whats going and just sits in the stryker
Sep 06 00:42:00 <Salmander> Redd ducks into the music shop.
Sep 06 00:42:12 <Ragazzo> "…fffu-"
Sep 06 00:42:23 <E4D> Redd, roll perception.
Sep 06 00:42:40 <Waxx> Lightning flashes and it's possible to see the crudely painted white and black livery of the Chaos Insurgency painted on the vehicles. The soldiers themselves are a motley crue, some wearing basic Australian Army uniforms and carrying their service weapons, others clad in more heavy looking armor that again bears the black and white color scheme.
Sep 06 00:43:45 <Waxx> Some minutes pass, the column keeps marching. So far, nobody has bothered to check in your building yet.
Sep 06 00:44:08 <Salmander> 4df+3 fuuuu
Sep 06 00:44:09 <Glacon> Salmander: fuuuu: 5 (4df+3=+, -, +, +)
Sep 06 00:44:13 <Ragazzo> Dusty has gotten flat on the floor.
Sep 06 00:45:40 <Waxx> You lose count of how many infantrymen pass by…shortly thereafter, two of the armor-clad men break from the formation and walk towards the doorway of the hospital.
Sep 06 00:45:44 <E4D> He notices a familiar figure sweep out of a building close by, the vermin creature. It steps out into a harsh spotlight cast by one of the tracked vehicles, and sprints away from the Convoy and the CI mainforce, down the streets.
Sep 06 00:45:55 <Waxx> They don't seem alarmed, merely alert.
Sep 06 00:46:15 <Flames> "I'm going to have to get my radio redesigned," Midnight murmurs.
Sep 06 00:46:38 <Waxx> Another lightning flash. Their shadows break the monotony of the floor as they step into the threshhold and look around inside. They are practically right on top of you, now.
Sep 06 00:46:38 <Salmander> Redd resists the urge to say "Serves him right." and instead camouflages by hanging himself up on a rack in the store.
Sep 06 00:46:42 <PaulS_laptop> john's eyes flick towards Jason, then back to the infantry
Sep 06 00:47:04 <Ragazzo> ~Can you just send them nudge them a little, midnight? Send them on their way?~
Sep 06 00:47:05 <Waxx> They remove their helmets, revealing completely ordinary faces, and chat idly with an Australian accent.
Sep 06 00:47:20 * Lurker (~moc.yvvasket.elbac.164F0D37-CRInys|i.yellaCJ#moc.yvvasket.elbac.164F0D37-CRInys|i.yellaCJ) has joined #afteraction
Sep 06 00:47:30 * Tom90deg (~ten.labolgcbs.omslts.deepsthgil.A25A99B5-CRInys|ged09moT#ten.labolgcbs.omslts.deepsthgil.A25A99B5-CRInys|ged09moT) has joined #afteraction
Sep 06 00:47:37 <Waxx> You can almost feel the crunch of their boots on the loose debris as they kick aside spent shell casings from earlier in the day. Fortunately for you, such a find isn't unusual in this place.
Sep 06 00:47:58 <Waxx> If no other GM's object, you all have full action points.
Sep 06 00:48:10 <E4D> The thing launches itself at one of the advance patrolmembers, covering him in stinging, biting, chewing insects.
Sep 06 00:48:34 <E4D> His screams echo out across the front of the column.
Sep 06 00:48:42 <Waxx> The vermin catches him off guard, and he yells quite loudly. More soldiers break off, weapons trained, and head for your position.
Sep 06 00:48:58 <Waxx> To this point, you have -not- yet been spotted. The soldiers are mostly distracted with the vermin. Wild shots begin going off.
Sep 06 00:49:02 <Salmander> Redd remains hanging.
Sep 06 00:49:18 <Flames> 4df+4 Midnight works on setting things up.
Sep 06 00:49:19 <Glacon> Flames: Midnight works on setting things up.: 3 (4df+4=-, 0, -, +)
Sep 06 00:49:31 <Flames> ((Okay, made my Occult Maneuver))
Sep 06 00:49:36 <PaulS_laptop> "Jason, all that gunfire might over our own fire if needed"
Sep 06 00:49:47 <E4D> 4df+4 Jason aims at the one on the left, waiting now only for a lightning strike.
Sep 06 00:49:48 <Glacon> E4D: Jason aims at the one on the left, waiting now only for a lightning strike.: 0 (4df+4=-, -, -, -)
Sep 06 00:49:52 <Waxx> Dmitri hisses quietly at John.
Sep 06 00:49:58 <Waxx> John now has to roll a stealth check for speaking!
Sep 06 00:49:58 <E4D> …
Sep 06 00:50:40 <PaulS_laptop> 4df he was whispering, but whispers still carry
Sep 06 00:50:41 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: he was whispering, but whispers still carry: -3 (4df=-, 0, -, -)
Sep 06 00:50:46 <Ragazzo> …
Sep 06 00:50:54 <Maddy> Alice hears gunfire and resists the urge to turn her radio back on and find out what's going on.
Sep 06 00:51:41 <Waxx> John is a loudmouthed moron. Two of the regular mooks look around, wondering who the hell said that. The rest of the newcomers, seeing that it was just a supercharged rat attack, decide to return to their column.
Sep 06 00:51:56 <Tom90deg> Zoe stirs in the hospital.
Sep 06 00:52:01 <Waxx> One of the officers manages to grab the vermin by the head, and crushes it with his hand.
Sep 06 00:52:18 <Dawny> 4df+3 Kay aims where center mass for your average adult male would be when he opens the door.
Sep 06 00:52:18 <Glacon> Dawny: Kay aims where center mass for your average adult male would be when he opens the door.: 4 (4df+3=0, -, +, +)
Sep 06 00:52:21 <Ragazzo> Are there still dudes in the hospital?
Sep 06 00:52:39 <Waxx> There are four hostiles standing in the entrance of the hospital. Stand by.
Sep 06 00:53:21 <Waxx> One of the mooks looks at the officers. "Sir, did you hear voices?" Vermin Crusher looks at him and points. "If you heard something, go take a look. Nothing but fucking vermin in this place."
Sep 06 00:53:37 <Waxx> The officers walk off, leaving the two mooks. They raise their weapons again and begin looking around carefully.
Sep 06 00:53:42 <Ragazzo> ~Midnight…~
Sep 06 00:53:50 <Flames> 4df+6 Midnight sends a mental command to the hostiles by the hospital entrance. ~Only vermin here, nothing to bother with.~
Sep 06 00:53:51 <Glacon> Flames: Midnight sends a mental command to the hostiles by the hospital entrance. ~Only vermin here, nothing to bother with.~: 5 (4df+6=-, 0, 0, 0)
Sep 06 00:54:07 <Waxx> 4df+3 Alert soldiers, looking around.
Sep 06 00:54:07 <Glacon> Waxx: Alert soldiers, looking around.: 0 (4df+3=-, 0, -, -)
Sep 06 00:54:30 <Waxx> "…You know mate, he's probably right. We've seen a lot of the little buggers already."
Sep 06 00:54:45 <Dawny> Kay glances at Zoe, for once prying someone doesn't wake up.
Sep 06 00:55:02 <Waxx> The other, not so convinced, steps forward. His boot lands right in front of Dusty's face.
Sep 06 00:55:15 <Waxx> "…..Yeah. You're right. Let's get the hell out of here."
Sep 06 00:55:20 <Tom90deg> Zoe rolls over, letting out a slight moan, before goin still again.
Sep 06 00:55:21 <Ragazzo> "…"
Sep 06 00:55:53 <Waxx> As they walk away, they join the tail end of the column. The noise fades as the column bleeds away into the rain, gone as quickly as they came.
Sep 06 00:56:05 <Ragazzo> Dusty breathes again.
Sep 06 00:56:12 <Flames> Midnight watches them go.
Sep 06 00:56:14 <Salmander> Redd begins to unhook himself.
Sep 06 00:56:21 <Ragazzo> "…"
Sep 06 00:56:27 <Waxx> Dmitri and Misha both breathe, finally.