Chasing The Convoy

Feb 18 20:48:38 <Dexanote> Sadler and Myrtle have been talking today. He seems rather down. Moreso than usual.
Feb 18 20:49:03 <Maddy> Alice is packing up her things.
Feb 18 20:49:49 <Adhelami> Adhelami is sticking close to Artemis quietly as they get their things together.
Feb 18 20:50:00 <Artemis> Artemis and Adhelami have been very private lately, rarely leaving their tent or conversing with others. Artemis moreso, of course, but Adhelami has been very, very distant.
Feb 18 20:50:05 <E4D> Jason's ready to go, kicked back in the LAV, set to roll.
Feb 18 20:50:14 <Dexanote> "… I just… really hope they're alright, you know? They were good people." "I don't know what to say. I'm sure they're fine, I mean, look at Alice and Jason. They were Foundation members too." "But still…"
Feb 18 20:50:35 <Ragazzo> Launce is leaned against the LAV, flipping through a journal.
Feb 18 20:51:33 * Praetor (moc.rr.ser.submuloc.AD34885D-CRInys|tibbiM#moc.rr.ser.submuloc.AD34885D-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Feb 18 20:52:08 <Dexanote> "Come on, we're packing up." She stands, helping Sadler to his feet. They head to the LAV.
Feb 18 20:53:51 * Liebe has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Feb 18 20:54:01 * Praetor is now known as Liebe
Feb 18 20:54:23 <Ragazzo> Launce slots a few last things away, and then gets in the LAV.
Feb 18 20:55:07 <Liebe> Tau lays on a bed in the trailer.
Feb 18 20:55:34 <TroyGM> Artemis, Perception Check Please.
Feb 18 20:55:52 <Artemis> 4df+3 Awareness
Feb 18 20:55:53 <CROM> Artemis: Awareness: 5 (4df+3=+, +, 0, 0)
Feb 18 20:57:28 <Artemis> Artemis enjoys -quiet, peaceful- nights such as this one, and he is well-open to his surroundings.
Feb 18 20:57:55 <TroyGM> Artemis: You see something, just out of the corner of your eye, and turn to look at it. It's a strange, oddly jointed this. The creature is lithe, and in spite of the distance between the two of you, you can clearly see its yellow eyes staring at you through the light fog. It can see you. Perfectly. And it knows you can see it. For a moment, its stringy white hair seems to move away from
Feb 18 20:57:55 <TroyGM> its body, almost as if it's in a breeze, and then it's in front of you.
Feb 18 20:58:01 <TroyGM> Right. In. Front. Of. You.
Feb 18 20:58:22 <TroyGM> You can smell breath that reeks of sugar and sulfur. It's rotted teeth grin, and it looks… jubilant. "Humans…"
Feb 18 20:59:11 <Tom90deg> Zoe's still lieing up on top of EVE
Feb 18 20:59:35 <TroyGM> Artemis: MDef to Avoid Surprise Bilocation Murder
Feb 18 21:00:19 <Artemis> 4df+2 Flatfooted lol
Feb 18 21:00:19 <CROM> Artemis: Flatfooted lol: 0 (4df+2=0, -, 0, -)
Feb 18 21:01:44 <TroyGM> It swings with somethingyou're not sure what, since this bastard got the drop on youand attempts to force it into your ribs. 4df+5 You gonna die, bitch.
Feb 18 21:01:50 <TroyGM> 4df+5 You gonna die, bitch.
Feb 18 21:01:51 <CROM> TroyGM: You gonna die, bitch.: 4 (4df+5=-, -, 0, +)
Feb 18 21:02:12 <Artemis> Pdef, correct?
Feb 18 21:02:18 <TroyGM> Yep.
Feb 18 21:02:31 <Artemis> 4df+5 Not fucking likely
Feb 18 21:02:31 <CROM> Artemis: Not fucking likely: 4 (4df+5=+, -, 0, -)
Feb 18 21:03:17 <TroyGM> It staggers back slightly as you easily deflect the blow… Hmm… It wasn't expecting something this strong…
Feb 18 21:03:44 <TroyGM> Now that you aren’t being attacked, you’ve got a chance to get a good look at it. It’s eyes are yellow, hot, and angry. The white stringy hair is falling about its shoulders is dank, greasy looking locks, and the thing is holding some sort of blade that looks to be made… out of viscera and bone and blood. It twitches at times, still.
Feb 18 21:04:05 <Dexanote> Do the rest of us see this?
Feb 18 21:04:18 <Artemis> Artemis is easy to hit, but so much harder to harm. Artemis draws his knife in a flash - his pistol is over there! - and lashes out with precise fury with both blade and fist.
Feb 18 21:04:42 <TroyGM> Anyone who can clearly see Artemis has a nice view of the battle. So… Yes! :)
Feb 18 21:04:51 <Adhelami> Adhelami manages as scream behind Artemis, and she backs up, eyes wide and body shaking, "Lehlna!!"
Feb 18 21:05:12 <Artemis> 4df+7 Tagging CC | You should have picked Zoe
Feb 18 21:05:12 <CROM> Artemis: Tagging CC | You should have picked Zoe: 5 (4df+7=0, 0, -, -)
Feb 18 21:05:19 <Maddy> "Oh fuck, JASON!" Alice pulls her helmet on and runs over.
Feb 18 21:05:21 <Tom90deg> Zoe starts up, standing on EVE. «Incoming! Art is fighting something!»
Feb 18 21:05:30 <Tom90deg> Zoe jumps down, running over to Art.
Feb 18 21:05:39 <E4D> Jason pokes his head up out of the turret. "Wait, huh, what?"
Feb 18 21:05:51 <Ragazzo> Launce hurtles out the LAV and casts about. There is yelling!
Feb 18 21:06:03 <Dexanote> Sadler stumbles and hides in Eve. Myrtle instinctively pulls her gun and aims.
Feb 18 21:06:05 <TroyGM> 4df+3 I brought a knife ot the knife fight.
Feb 18 21:06:06 <CROM> TroyGM: I brought a knife ot the knife fight.: 3 (4df+3=-, +, +, -)
Feb 18 21:06:32 <Adhelami> Adhelami draws her gun, pulling back away from the scene. Man, she stays quietly in her tent just minding her own business mostly, lately, and the moment she gets out, monsters.
Feb 18 21:07:21 <Tom90deg> Zoe moves quickly, teleporting behind the weird creature, swigning her blade, up and through. (1 AP manuver)
Feb 18 21:07:28 <Artemis> Artemis bashes and slashes the creature however he possibly can, but is greatly concerned with getting away from it and the impending hail of gunfire.
Feb 18 21:07:39 <Tom90deg> 4df+5 slice and dice
Feb 18 21:07:39 <TroyGM> (Quit wasting your time, brohammers.)
Feb 18 21:07:40 <CROM> Tom90deg: slice and dice: 3 (4df+5=-, +, -, -)
Feb 18 21:08:05 * Liebe has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Feb 18 21:08:50 <TroyGM> The blade easily sinks into the things guts, and a quick twist and yank drags out a few organs with blood. The blood smells painfully copperylike it has too much metal in it, ironicallyand the thing grunts… its eyes roll back in its head… and it collapses. It looks up at the group of people quickly running around it, then laughs just a little… "Good… Your kind still live…"
Feb 18 21:08:52 <TroyGM> And then it dies.
Feb 18 21:09:08 * Liebe (moc.rr.ser.submuloc.AD34885D-CRInys|tibbiM#moc.rr.ser.submuloc.AD34885D-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Feb 18 21:09:22 <Tom90deg> "Huh…"
Feb 18 21:09:23 <E4D> «All right, what the fuck?»
Feb 18 21:09:31 <Tom90deg> «IT's down, but may be more.»
Feb 18 21:09:36 <TroyGM> A stink begins to roll up from the ground as the blade the thing was holding quickly begins to rot. The thing's body is following it, though slower.
Feb 18 21:09:43 <Artemis> Artemis staggers back and stares at the monster, heart pumping. "I… do not know…"
Feb 18 21:09:48 <E4D> After a bit of clambering, Jason clears the turret, and looks out around him.
Feb 18 21:09:49 <Adhelami> Adhelami deeply breaths, shaking as she watches the thing collapse. The moment she feels she can, and quickly scurries over to Artemis.
Feb 18 21:09:50 <Tom90deg> «And…it's rotting away, very fast.«
Feb 18 21:10:04 <Ragazzo> Launce mills about, eventually noting artemis and the body that is melting, or whatever. He jogs over, likely arriving after a few people.
Feb 18 21:10:11 <Maddy> <That is not good.>
Feb 18 21:10:15 <Ragazzo> "[What happened]" French.
Feb 18 21:10:18 <Maddy> <We should move. Now.>
Feb 18 21:10:19 <Ragazzo> *?
Feb 18 21:10:22 <E4D> «All right, fuck it. Pack it in, people, we're the fuck outta here. Coast ain't far.»
Feb 18 21:10:37 <Tom90deg> "Agreed…DId you hear what it said though?"
Feb 18 21:10:37 <Adhelami> Adhelami throws her arms around Artemis from behind as she runs right into him.
Feb 18 21:10:44 <TroyGM> Perception checks for anyone near the body.
Feb 18 21:10:50 <Maddy> [Artemis was attacked, we're leaving.] She steals a quick glance at the rotting body.
Feb 18 21:10:54 <Maddy> 4df+4 EYES
Feb 18 21:10:55 <CROM> Maddy: EYES: 4 (4df+4=-, 0, +, 0)
Feb 18 21:11:02 <Artemis> 4df+3 Artemis Awareness
Feb 18 21:11:02 <CROM> Artemis: Artemis Awareness: 3 (4df+3=0, +, -, 0)
Feb 18 21:11:04 <Ragazzo> 4df+6 Cat's eye tag? if not, -2
Feb 18 21:11:05 <CROM> Ragazzo: Cat's eye tag? if not, -2: 6 (4df+6=0, 0, +, -)
Feb 18 21:11:21 <Tom90deg> 4df+2 lookin
Feb 18 21:11:22 <CROM> Tom90deg: lookin: 1 (4df+2=0, -, 0, 0)
Feb 18 21:11:27 <Dexanote> spending a fate point to force a switch for ragazzo so the lance can talk to us.
Feb 18 21:11:37 <Artemis> Artemis is glomped by Adhelami, and thus not as observant as before.
Feb 18 21:11:43 <Adhelami> 4df-1 ha
Feb 18 21:11:43 <CROM> Adhelami: ha: -1 (4df-1=-, -, +, +)
Feb 18 21:12:03 <TroyGM> ((That everyone?))
Feb 18 21:12:17 <TroyGM> Alice, Artemis, and Lance: The creature has nothing of major value on it, and the smell is overwhelming, but one thing is noticeable. As the thing starts to rot away at an accelerated rate, you see a piece of cloth on it, the ugly gray of Foundation fatigues. On the scrap is part of a name (the end, "ent") and the three bars that indicate that the wearer was a containment specialist.
Feb 18 21:13:02 <Maddy> <Oh dear…> Alice picks up the scrap.
Feb 18 21:13:06 <Artemis> Artemis blinks. This means nothing to him.
Feb 18 21:13:15 <Tom90deg> "What?"
Feb 18 21:13:22 <Ragazzo> Launce is also not aware of any meanings behind this.
Feb 18 21:13:39 <Maddy> <Could be nothing. C-could mean the death of a friend of Jason's…>
Feb 18 21:14:10 <Adhelami> Adhelami is fretting over Artemis quietly, scotting obver to the front of him and asking if he's hurt.
Feb 18 21:14:13 <Tom90deg> "Oh…Sorry to hear."
Feb 18 21:14:48 <E4D> «All right, if you guys want to hang around.»
Feb 18 21:14:59 <Artemis> Artemis assures her of his wellness and ushers her to get moving. "Come, let's go, quickly."
Feb 18 21:15:03 <E4D> He bangs on the upper deck of the LAV several times impatiently.
Feb 18 21:15:09 <Maddy> <Hmm, get in the LAV. W-we're leaving.> Alice jogs over and gets in the Drivers side.
Feb 18 21:15:16 <Ragazzo> Launce looks at the source of the baning.
Feb 18 21:15:18 <Ragazzo> banging
Feb 18 21:15:20 <Tom90deg> Zoe moves away from the thing and climbs in the LAV.
Feb 18 21:15:23 <Adhelami> Adhelami nods, and is ushered into the LAV with Artemis.
Feb 18 21:15:24 <Ragazzo> And gets in to the LAV.
Feb 18 21:16:55 <Maddy> Redact Alice gtting in. <Jason…> she holds out the cloth to him
Feb 18 21:17:07 <E4D> <Hey, Artie, what the fuck was th- huh?>
Feb 18 21:17:51 <Artemis> "I do not know, Jason. I turned and saw it over zhere… zhen it was right in front of me…"
Feb 18 21:18:10 <Artemis> Artemis shakes his head, breathy still with adrenaline.
Feb 18 21:18:35 <E4D> He takes the cloth and looks it over. <Foundation.>
Feb 18 21:18:48 <Maddy> <ent? L-lament maybe?>
Feb 18 21:19:30 <Liebe> Tau walks up, hands in jeans pocket, black t-shirt and brown bomber jacket, having been awakened by the noise.
Feb 18 21:20:02 <E4D> He'd look incredulous if she could see his face. <What? Nah, the chances of that'd be… hell, pretty nutty. We, how was this there? Was it *wearing* it?>
Feb 18 21:20:23 <Adhelami> Adhelami quietly holds onto Artemis, head down.
Feb 18 21:20:31 <Dexanote> «What's going on?» myr asks over the radio
Feb 18 21:20:32 <Maddy> <It had it.>
Feb 18 21:20:57 <Tom90deg> «We're movin out. Some kinda zombie attacked Art.»
Feb 18 21:21:09 <Artemis> Artemis leads Adhelami into the LAV and has a sit, comforting her with paps and rubs.
Feb 18 21:21:11 <Dexanote> «Zombie? Like, is it a person?»
Feb 18 21:21:24 <Maddy> «Zombie s-seems unlikely.»
Feb 18 21:21:48 <Maddy> «Eitherr way come on, w-we're going,»
Feb 18 21:21:56 <Maddy> Alice gets in the LAV.
Feb 18 21:22:01 <Tom90deg> «It's shorthand. It looked dead and was walking around. If you really want to argue about the proper name…»
Feb 18 21:22:17 <Tom90deg> «but yes, it was a person, or looked like one.»
Feb 18 21:22:45 <E4D> Jasopn pops his faceplate up and drops out of the turret into the troop compartment. "Where's the body?"
Feb 18 21:22:54 <Maddy> Alice points.
Feb 18 21:23:22 <Tom90deg> «Probaly rotted away by now. It was practicaly melting.»
Feb 18 21:23:23 <Dexanote> Myrtle and Sadler look up at Jason, scootching over to let him pass.
Feb 18 21:23:43 <Tom90deg> Zoe gives Sadler a wave. Not had much a chance to talk to him.
Feb 18 21:23:59 <Dexanote> W-wave.
Feb 18 21:24:16 <Maddy> «And it sounds like it could t-teleport or something, s-so be careful.»
Feb 18 21:25:16 <E4D> «All right, fuck it. Anyone see anything else? Someone climb up on the minigun. Check the thermals.>
Feb 18 21:25:27 <E4D> «If we're clear, we're gone.»
Feb 18 21:27:51 <E4D> Jason idly collects a rather large stick from the ground as he approaches the body.
Feb 18 21:28:04 <E4D> He pokes it once, twice, three times a dead body.
Feb 18 21:28:57 <TroyGM> The body lays there, accepting the pokes with minimal protest. The wind blows slightly, and a low whistle is heard as the eye sockets cut the gust.
Feb 18 21:29:30 <Maddy> Alice, seeing that no one else is checking thr thermals climbs up and does so herself.
Feb 18 21:29:44 <Maddy> 4df+6 Checking for additional pylon- I mean targets.
Feb 18 21:29:45 <CROM> Maddy: Checking for additional pylon- I mean targets.: 5 (4df+6=-, -, 0, +)
Feb 18 21:30:13 <E4D> 4df+4 "Whoa, totally nasty." Besides the bones, flesh, and the odd smell, anything else discernible?
Feb 18 21:30:14 <CROM> E4D: "Whoa, totally nasty." Besides the bones, flesh, and the odd smell, anything else discernible?: 2 (4df+4=-, -, 0, 0)
Feb 18 21:30:17 <E4D> Nope.
Feb 18 21:30:49 <TroyGM> The termal readings are exceptionally strange. There are brief flashes and pops, then they're gone again. Additionally, any single thermal reading that appears seems to fade the longer it stays on the screen.
Feb 18 21:31:23 <Maddy> «Uhhh, I'm g-getting some pretty crazy readings, Jason. I t-think we shoudl go.»
Feb 18 21:31:28 <Maddy> «Like now.»
Feb 18 21:31:54 <Tom90deg> "What kinda readings?"
Feb 18 21:32:22 <E4D> «Be ready to engage. Weapons free. We're done here.» Jason drops the stick into the puddle of rot and steps back up the ramp.
Feb 18 21:32:51 <Maddy> <It's what I imagine y-you would look like on the thermals…plus some odd fading.> She drops back into the crew compartment. <I'm driving.>
Feb 18 21:33:09 <Liebe> "Pretty crazy readings." Tau raises an eyebrow and goes back to the LAV.
Feb 18 21:33:36 <Tom90deg> "Well, bloody hell…I suggest moving fast then. I can't board a moving vehicle witout splatting."
Feb 18 21:33:46 <TroyGM> Perception all around, please.
Feb 18 21:34:02 <Maddy> 4df+4 Alice is on her way back to the drivers compartment
Feb 18 21:34:02 <CROM> Maddy: Alice is on her way back to the drivers compartment: 5 (4df+4=+, -, +, 0)
Feb 18 21:34:05 <Tom90deg> 4df+2
Feb 18 21:34:05 <CROM> Tom90deg: 2 (4df+2=0, 0, 0, 0)
Feb 18 21:34:07 <Adhelami> 4df-1 face buries in Art's sleeve
Feb 18 21:34:08 <CROM> Adhelami: face buries in Art's sleeve: -1 (4df-1=-, +, 0, 0)
Feb 18 21:34:24 <E4D> 4df+4 Jason's fairly on edge. Ghosts on thermals make him nervous.
Feb 18 21:34:25 <CROM> E4D: Jason's fairly on edge. Ghosts on thermals make him nervous.: 3 (4df+4=-, -, +, 0)
Feb 18 21:34:31 <Liebe> 4df+3 well.
Feb 18 21:34:31 <CROM> Liebe: well.: 6 (4df+3=+, +, 0, +)
Feb 18 21:34:53 <Artemis> 4df+3 Artemis
Feb 18 21:34:54 <CROM> Artemis: Artemis: 4 (4df+3=+, +, -, 0)
Feb 18 21:35:04 <Dexanote> 4df+2 Fate Point to SS.
Feb 18 21:35:05 <CROM> Dexanote: Fate Point to SS.: 2 (4df+2=+, -, 0, 0)
Feb 18 21:35:07 <Dexanote> gof
Feb 18 21:35:10 <Dexanote> 4df+4
Feb 18 21:35:11 <CROM> Dexanote: 5 (4df+4=0, 0, +, 0)
Feb 18 21:38:01 <TroyGM> Tau and Myrtle: You see a few things that you're certain are movement near the roofs of some of the nearby buildings. It looks like something moving against the backdrop of the darkness.
Feb 18 21:39:27 <Maddy> Alice climbs into the LAV and starts it up.
Feb 18 21:39:57 <Dexanote> «Something on the rooftops.» She aims both pistols, readying.
Feb 18 21:40:05 <TroyGM> 4df+3 lol fuck your engine.
Feb 18 21:40:06 <CROM> TroyGM: lol fuck your engine.: 5 (4df+3=+, 0, +, 0)
Feb 18 21:40:16 <Liebe> Tau stops and watches intently for a moment. Are there any patterns to their motion?
Feb 18 21:40:18 <TroyGM> The LAV fails to start.
Feb 18 21:40:24 <E4D> «I've got the gun online if anyone's got targets. I could use someone on top, too. Get that minigun.»
Feb 18 21:40:35 <Maddy> She tries it again. <Come on come onnnnn.>
Feb 18 21:40:39 <Artemis> Artemis climbs into the gunner seat.
Feb 18 21:41:05 <Artemis> He whirrrsss the turret about, looking for terrible things.
Feb 18 21:41:06 <TroyGM> The shadows appear to be moving slightly, swaying from side to side a little, then vanishing.
Feb 18 21:41:36 <Tom90deg> "You have to be kidding…This thing has always started first go. Could someone have messed with it?"
Feb 18 21:42:18 <Dexanote> «… they're gone…» She smells the dead one's blood. «What the hell is that stink?»
Feb 18 21:42:27 <Maddy> <Fucking start! Asshole!>
Feb 18 21:42:39 <TroyGM> Alice: Shit ain't even turning over.
Feb 18 21:43:12 <Maddy> «Jason it's broken, what d-do I do?>
Feb 18 21:43:13 <Maddy> >
Feb 18 21:44:01 <E4D> «Uh… shit. Try electrical backups. We can run a while on that. Tau?»
Feb 18 21:44:51 <Liebe> She slowly turns away from the figures on the rooftops. "Hmm?"
Feb 18 21:45:01 <Maddy> She tries to get the electrical back ups working
Feb 18 21:46:06 <Dexanote> Myr blinks, confused. «… it stinks like ink, or something. What the hell was that?»
Feb 18 21:46:19 <TroyGM> Alice: They… are not.
Feb 18 21:46:32 <Maddy> «We don't know! Fuck and the LAV wont work.»
Feb 18 21:47:07 <E4D> «All right, stay calm, hun.»
Feb 18 21:47:23 <E4D> Jason mashes the ramp release and steps out the back. «Cover me guys.»
Feb 18 21:47:41 <Adhelami> Adhelami simply remains quiet and scared, gripping her hands together and silently praying. And probably shaking too.
Feb 18 21:47:47 <TroyGM> After a few moments, the smell of rot begins to pick back up again. It's thick in the air, something… grotesque.
Feb 18 21:48:11 <Tom90deg> Zoe pulls out that fancy new auto-shotgun she picked up at the last site. "Right then."
Feb 18 21:48:12 <E4D> He clambers up the ladder at the rear of the armored vehicle and situates himself on top of the LAV, then sets about unlatching the engine access panels.
Feb 18 21:48:34 <TroyGM> Perception checks please.
Feb 18 21:48:47 <Maddy> 4df+2 drvers eyes
Feb 18 21:48:48 <CROM> Maddy: drvers eyes: 0 (4df+2=0, -, 0, -)
Feb 18 21:49:05 <E4D> 4df+4 Jason's fairly occupied with the task at hand.
Feb 18 21:49:05 <CROM> E4D: Jason's fairly occupied with the task at hand.: 5 (4df+4=+, -, 0, +)
Feb 18 21:49:14 <Tom90deg> 4df+2
Feb 18 21:49:15 <CROM> Tom90deg: 2 (4df+2=0, +, -, 0)
Feb 18 21:49:16 <Dexanote> 4df+2 Myr's eyes water with the stench.
Feb 18 21:49:16 <CROM> Dexanote: Myr's eyes water with the stench.: 2 (4df+2=-, +, +, -)
Feb 18 21:49:21 <Artemis> 4df+4 Gunner
Feb 18 21:49:21 <CROM> Artemis: Gunner: 5 (4df+4=+, -, +, 0)
Feb 18 21:49:22 <Liebe> Tau is already outside. She removes a small bag of scrap metal from her pocket and upends it.
Feb 18 21:49:35 <Liebe> 4df+5 metallurgy to defense
Feb 18 21:49:35 <CROM> Liebe: metallurgy to defense: 8 (4df+5=+, +, +, 0)
Feb 18 21:49:43 <Liebe> 4df+3 also perception
Feb 18 21:49:44 <CROM> Liebe: also perception: 3 (4df+3=+, -, +, -)
Feb 18 21:50:25 <TroyGM> Artemis: PM.
Feb 18 21:51:45 <Artemis> Artemis whirrs about and stops, looking out over there. «Short spray.» He fires up the turret and covers that… area.. with a hefty dose of bullets. Will roll attack if needed.
Feb 18 21:51:58 <Liebe> The scrap rises up in a serpentine pattern, encircling her upper body like a helix, turning slowly. She puts her hands in her pockets and goes back to looking at the rooftops.
Feb 18 21:52:01 <TroyGM> ((Unneeded.))
Feb 18 21:52:22 <TroyGM> Is anyone besides Jason outside the LAV?
Feb 18 21:52:23 * Ragazzo has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Feb 18 21:52:34 <Liebe> tau
Feb 18 21:53:43 <Dexanote> Myrtle is just outside the back
Feb 18 21:54:05 <TroyGM> Myrtle: Perception Check Please.
Feb 18 21:54:08 <TroyGM> Tau: Same.
Feb 18 21:54:09 <Tom90deg> Zoe is by the back door, but still in the LAV
Feb 18 21:54:12 <Dexanote> 4df+2
Feb 18 21:54:13 <CROM> Dexanote: 2 (4df+2=-, 0, +, 0)
Feb 18 21:54:22 <E4D> Jason pops the hatch, and gives the engine a quick glance. Anything obviously wrong with their rig?
Feb 18 21:54:42 <TroyGM> Jason: Not a damn thing. This is absurd. Fucker should be working perfectly.
Feb 18 21:54:54 <Tom90deg> "Does any of the electonics work? Lights, anything?"
Feb 18 21:55:37 <TroyGM> Electronics are starting to flicker, actually. But there's no damned reason for it…
Feb 18 21:55:38 <E4D> «We got no physical malfunctions. Tau?»
Feb 18 21:56:15 <Maddy> «Teleporting, LAV k-killing smelly a-assholes. LOVELY!»
Feb 18 21:56:19 <Liebe> She sighs. "I'm right here."
Feb 18 21:56:46 * Ragazzo (ten.llebcap.ac2tks.lsd.CD796148-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.llebcap.ac2tks.lsd.CD796148-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Feb 18 21:57:23 <TroyGM> Mytrle: MDef please.
Feb 18 21:57:57 <Dexanote> 4df+4 Mdef.
Feb 18 21:57:57 <CROM> Dexanote: Mdef.: 4 (4df+4=+, +, -, -)
Feb 18 21:58:23 <Liebe> 4df+5 Metallurgy to start the LAV
Feb 18 21:58:23 <CROM> Liebe: Metallurgy to start the LAV: 7 (4df+5=0, 0, +, +)
Feb 18 21:58:49 <TroyGM> Myrtle: It's one of those things. One of those FUCKING THINGS! In front of you, grinning brightly as it's arms close around you. PDef, please.
Feb 18 21:58:50 <Liebe> start/fix
Feb 18 21:59:07 <Dexanote> 4df+2 "AGH-"
Feb 18 21:59:07 <CROM> Dexanote: "AGH-": 1 (4df+2=+, -, 0, -)
Feb 18 21:59:20 <Tom90deg> "Myrtle!"
Feb 18 21:59:29 <TroyGM> Myrtle and the thing both vanish without a sound.
Feb 18 21:59:45 <Tom90deg> "It got Myrtle!"
Feb 18 22:00:41 <Ragazzo> Launce is all of the confused frenchman. He's standing outside the LAv's rear hatch.
Feb 18 22:00:59 <Ragazzo> He's got his eyepatch off though, and is peering around sharply.
Feb 18 22:01:01 <Tom90deg> «Myrtle! Can you hear me?»
Feb 18 22:01:04 <TroyGM> Liebe: 'I'm trying, Mistress! But I just can't!' (Yeah, that's the Lav talking.)
Feb 18 22:01:27 <TroyGM> Launce: Perception please.
Feb 18 22:01:27 <E4D> Jason looks up from the engine, stumbling back a bit from where he's kneeling. The panel slams shut as his rifle comes up. «Where's the contact?»
Feb 18 22:01:52 <Tom90deg> «Gone! It appeared, grabed her and poof!»
Feb 18 22:02:29 <Ragazzo> 4df+4 Perc. maneuver to ranged. His gun's up, and he's just waiting for a target to appear. So much activity, and no noe to explain what the shit is going on.
Feb 18 22:02:30 <CROM> Ragazzo: Perc. maneuver to ranged. His gun's up, and he's just waiting for a target to appear. So much activity, and no noe to explain what the shit is going on.: 5 (4df+4=-, +, +, 0)
Feb 18 22:02:36 <Liebe> :| "Not working on my end either, Jason."
Feb 18 22:02:52 <Maddy> «Shit shit shit.»
Feb 18 22:03:11 <Tom90deg> «Is there any concentration of thermal contacts?»
Feb 18 22:03:27 <Adhelami> Adhelami's eyes widen as she looks at the radio, her mind now immensely burdened with worry for Myrtle…
Feb 18 22:04:06 <E4D> Jason scoots up the edge of the "roof" and drops down, backing back into the armored vehicle.
Feb 18 22:04:42 <TroyGM> Launce: You can see one of those things. It's nearby, near enough for you to make it out… In a moment though, it's gone, and in front of you. (+1 to check. You've seen this shit before.)
Feb 18 22:04:49 <E4D> He kneels by the driver's access hatch and raps against it several times, keeping his eyes and rifle aimed at the open hatch.
Feb 18 22:06:02 <Maddy> Alice opens the hatch for Jason.
Feb 18 22:06:39 <Ragazzo> [I have one here!] Shouts launce, even as he fires.
Feb 18 22:06:49 <E4D> <Got no damage to the engine. Should be runnin'… Myrtle's gon->
Feb 18 22:07:01 <Ragazzo> 4df+6 Ranged weapons. The bolt on his rifle slams back. Bang.
Feb 18 22:07:01 <CROM> Ragazzo: Ranged weapons. The bolt on his rifle slams back. Bang.: 5 (4df+6=0, -, +, -)
Feb 18 22:07:22 <Maddy> <Christ, w-what are we going to d-do?>
Feb 18 22:07:43 <TroyGM> 4df+3 (Shit. I am so fucked.)
Feb 18 22:07:44 <CROM> TroyGM: (Shit. I am so fucked.): 0 (4df+3=0, -, -, -)
Feb 18 22:08:33 <TroyGM> As soon as it appears in front of you, the top of its head explodes, Launce's Frenchpowers having allowed him to run away and fire at the same time.
Feb 18 22:09:13 <Ragazzo> Launce grimaces, and casts his eyes around for other, before kneeling and observing hte body.
Feb 18 22:09:15 <Tom90deg> "Try to keep one alive for a second, we need to find where they took Myrtle!"
Feb 18 22:09:26 <Ragazzo> 4df+4 Occult? Does that apply here? If not, consider this perc.
Feb 18 22:09:27 <CROM> Ragazzo: Occult? Does that apply here? If not, consider this perc.: 4 (4df+4=+, -, +, -)
Feb 18 22:10:38 * ChanServ sets mode +q #afteraction E4D
Feb 18 22:10:38 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to E4D
Feb 18 22:10:58 <Ragazzo> His brow knots in consternation. He knows this…they're…they're…damn it!
Feb 18 22:11:16 <Ragazzo> «[I have killed another of our attackers.]»
Feb 18 22:11:35 <E4D> <Alice, what's Frenchy sayin'?>
Feb 18 22:11:51 <Maddy> «[Try to tak eone alive, they've taking Myrtle.]»
Feb 18 22:11:58 <Maddy> <He s-said he killed one.>
Feb 18 22:12:06 <Ragazzo> He did just shoto a gun. If he's in the lav, pretty much everyone would have heard.
Feb 18 22:12:08 <Tom90deg> Zoe raises the shotgun, standing in the LAV back door, looking for anything around.
Feb 18 22:12:09 * PaulS_laptop (~ten.sndomt.D9529276-CRInys|luap#ten.sndomt.D9529276-CRInys|luap) has joined #afteraction
Feb 18 22:13:02 <Tom90deg> "Sadler! Can you still talk with the bugs you have? or at least, talk a little?"
Feb 18 22:13:05 <TroyGM> Zoe was deafened by the sound of Launce's amazing shooting technique.
Feb 18 22:13:28 <Ragazzo> Launce continues to puzzle over the corpse, trying to figure otu what the fuck.
Feb 18 22:13:48 <TroyGM> Artemis: Perception again, Please.
Feb 18 22:13:58 <Artemis> 4df+4 derp
Feb 18 22:13:59 <CROM> Artemis: derp: 3 (4df+4=0, -, +, -)
Feb 18 22:14:31 <Liebe> Tau goes and stands over the corpse with Launce.
Feb 18 22:15:08 <TroyGM> Artemis: That ground you shot earlier looks to still be totally dead. You keep staring at it, just in case.
Feb 18 22:15:17 <Ragazzo> Launce glances up. Nods. "[What do you think?]"
Feb 18 22:15:19 <Artemis> Okay then.
Feb 18 22:16:08 <Dexanote> "… Zoe, I can't talk to them." He says from the LAV. "They're quiet."
Feb 18 22:16:22 <Tom90deg> "What?"
Feb 18 22:18:37 <E4D> «Does *anyone* see Myrtle?»
Feb 18 22:18:42 <TroyGM> Launce and Tau: Perception checks please.
Feb 18 22:18:54 <Ragazzo> 4df+6 Cat's eye again
Feb 18 22:18:55 <CROM> Ragazzo: Cat's eye again: 6 (4df+6=0, 0, -, +)
Feb 18 22:19:18 <Tom90deg> «No, nothing…Do you see any concentrations on thermal?»
Feb 18 22:19:23 <Liebe> 4df+3 Yep
Feb 18 22:19:24 <CROM> Liebe: Yep: 5 (4df+3=-, +, +, +)
Feb 18 22:19:56 <TroyGM> Zoe: You didn't hear that at all, btw. Deafened! :D
Feb 18 22:19:56 <Artemis> 4df+4 Secondary turret perception
Feb 18 22:19:56 <CROM> Artemis: Secondary turret perception: 1 (4df+4=0, -, -, -)
Feb 18 22:20:18 <TroyGM> Artemis: That ground over there… FUCK THAT GROUND, MAN! FUCK IT!
Feb 18 22:20:26 <Artemis> Fuck it.
Feb 18 22:20:53 <TroyGM> Launce and Tau: You see four more of those things, popping and flashing at the edge of the camp, then they're gone. A moment later… the ground looks… wrong.
Feb 18 22:21:00 <TroyGM> Intensely… wrong.
Feb 18 22:21:54 <Ragazzo> "…."
Feb 18 22:21:58 <Liebe> like, all around?
Feb 18 22:22:22 <Ragazzo> Or only like, a certain distance around camp?
Feb 18 22:23:21 <Maddy> <Jason Im scared.>
Feb 18 22:23:41 <TroyGM> At about thirty feet. And closing.
Feb 18 22:23:52 <E4D> <Hold on. Just stay cool.>
Feb 18 22:24:08 <TroyGM> It seems to bubble a little, moving. Like it's clawing closer.
Feb 18 22:24:15 <Liebe> "Inside," she hisses.
Feb 18 22:24:16 <TroyGM> You're certain that you can see bones in it.
Feb 18 22:24:20 <Ragazzo> «[I have spotted four more of our attackers. And there is something wrong witht he ground. The oddness is closing on us.]»
Feb 18 22:24:44 <E4D> «Open up! Artie! Get on the autocannon!»
Feb 18 22:25:04 <Maddy> Alice translates for Lauce.
Feb 18 22:25:09 <Maddy> She's helpfull lke that
Feb 18 22:25:17 <Ragazzo> 4df+6 Tagging TWRO
Feb 18 22:25:17 <CROM> Ragazzo: Tagging TWRO: 2 (4df+6=-, -, -, -)
Feb 18 22:25:19 <Artemis> Artemis whirrs about and opens up! What's gunner attack?
Feb 18 22:25:21 <Ragazzo> ….
Feb 18 22:25:28 <Ragazzo> Tap for re-roll?
Feb 18 22:25:59 <TroyGM> …
Feb 18 22:26:19 <TroyGM> You barely stave off an anurism. Maybe… your mind doesn't want to remember.
Feb 18 22:26:56 <Ragazzo> "Hrrrr…." Launce spasms briefly, and wipes frothy spittle from his lips.
Feb 18 22:27:21 <Dexanote> 4df+2 PERCEPTION from Myrtle
Feb 18 22:27:22 <CROM> Dexanote: PERCEPTION from Myrtle: -1 (4df+2=0, -, -, -)
Feb 18 22:27:42 <Dexanote> 4df+2 tagging SS, you asshole
Feb 18 22:27:43 <CROM> Dexanote: tagging SS, you asshole: -2 (4df+2=-, -, -, -)
Feb 18 22:27:44 <Artemis> 4df+6 The cannon roars
Feb 18 22:27:44 <CROM> Artemis: The cannon roars: 5 (4df+6=0, -, 0, 0)
Feb 18 22:27:46 <Dexanote> .
Feb 18 22:28:13 * Rusty has quit (Ping timeout)
Feb 18 22:28:14 <TroyGM> 4df+3 (Be's a bro)
Feb 18 22:28:14 <CROM> TroyGM: (Be's a bro): 3 (4df+3=0, 0, -, +)
Feb 18 22:28:28 <Liebe> 4df+6 Sincerity MDEF to Metallurgy
Feb 18 22:28:29 <CROM> Liebe: Sincerity MDEF to Metallurgy: 6 (4df+6=0, +, 0, -)
Feb 18 22:28:59 <Ragazzo> 4df+2 Launce tries to pull it together, and focus. M. Def. to occult
Feb 18 22:29:00 <CROM> Ragazzo: Launce tries to pull it together, and focus. M. Def. to occult: 1 (4df+2=+, -, -, 0)
Feb 18 22:29:02 <Ragazzo> nnnope
Feb 18 22:29:41 <TroyGM> (I was going to just flat out say No to that, but the continual failure makes me smile. :) ))
Feb 18 22:30:24 <TroyGM> Artemis: The cannon tears into the ground, and it seems to have stopped the odd progression… For now. But it looks like it's knitting back together again.
Feb 18 22:34:56 <Maddy> <I need to d-do something, I can't j-just sit here.>
Feb 18 22:35:24 <TroyGM> Perception checks for anyone inside the LAV.
Feb 18 22:35:30 <Tom90deg> 4df+2
Feb 18 22:35:31 <CROM> Tom90deg: 4 (4df+2=0, +, +, 0)
Feb 18 22:36:23 <Ragazzo> «[There are bones in the ground. I…I know what thsi is…but it refuses to be remembered.]»
Feb 18 22:36:26 <Artemis> 4df+4 Gunner
Feb 18 22:36:27 <CROM> Artemis: Gunner: 5 (4df+4=0, 0, +, 0)
Feb 18 22:36:38 <Maddy> 4df+2 Driver.
Feb 18 22:36:39 <CROM> Maddy: Driver.: 0 (4df+2=0, -, 0, -)
Feb 18 22:36:51 <E4D> 4df+4 Fffff
Feb 18 22:36:51 <CROM> E4D: Fffff: 2 (4df+4=-, -, -, +)
Feb 18 22:36:59 <Ragazzo> Launce is standing outside the exit hatch, so…?
Feb 18 22:38:07 <Dexanote> sadler auto-fails, since he is a pity NPC
Feb 18 22:38:42 <TroyGM> Artemis: Your systems seem to be coming back online up there… The lights look like they're getting brighter.
Feb 18 22:38:56 <TroyGM> 4df+3 NAW! FUCK YOUR CAR!
Feb 18 22:38:57 <CROM> TroyGM: NAW! FUCK YOUR CAR!: 2 (4df+3=-, 0, -, +)
Feb 18 22:38:59 <Artemis> Oh that's nice.
Feb 18 22:40:11 <TroyGM> And… LAV is fine. Lights seem to be coming back up. Maybe…
Feb 18 22:40:24 <Artemis> Anything to uh… shoot?
Feb 18 22:40:36 * PaulS_laptop has quit (Connection reset by peer)
Feb 18 22:41:37 <TroyGM> Perception again. :)
Feb 18 22:42:02 <Artemis> 4df+4 Breakin mah balls troy
Feb 18 22:42:03 <CROM> Artemis: Breakin mah balls troy: 3 (4df+4=-, -, +, 0)
Feb 18 22:42:11 <Ragazzo> 4df+4 Launce as well?
Feb 18 22:42:12 <CROM> Ragazzo: Launce as well?: 5 (4df+4=0, +, -, +)
Feb 18 22:42:16 <Maddy> 4df+2 driving
Feb 18 22:42:16 <Tom90deg> 4df+2 In the LAV
Feb 18 22:42:17 <CROM> Tom90deg: In the LAV: 1 (4df+2=0, 0, 0, -)
Feb 18 22:42:17 <CROM> Maddy: driving: 5 (4df+2=+, +, +, 0)
Feb 18 22:42:35 <Liebe> 4df+3 yeo
Feb 18 22:42:35 <CROM> Liebe: yeo: 5 (4df+3=+, +, 0, 0)
Feb 18 22:43:37 <TroyGM> Artmenis: Nothing. Zoe: Nothing. Launce and Tau: Yes. Those four have popped up again, all over to the right. They look to be concentrating on the ground and doing something with their hands.
Feb 18 22:43:43 <TroyGM> Alice: It starts. Like a kitten.
Feb 18 22:43:55 <Maddy> «EVERYONE IN NOW!»
Feb 18 22:44:19 <Tom90deg> «We can't leave Myrtle!»
Feb 18 22:44:47 <Maddy> «Well you don't suggest walking into the city to look for her do you?»
Feb 18 22:45:10 <Tom90deg> «Yes I do! We'd go after you!»
Feb 18 22:45:15 <Ragazzo> «[They are back! We can stop them! Artemis! To the right!]»
Feb 18 22:45:31 <Ragazzo> 4df+4 Launce opens fires on all of them.
Feb 18 22:45:31 <CROM> Ragazzo: Launce opens fires on all of them.: 3 (4df+4=-, 0, -, +)
Feb 18 22:45:37 <Maddy> «You're so fucking stupid, I'm saying we drive in o find her, wth the armoured fucking vehicle.>
Feb 18 22:45:48 <Maddy> «Christ.>
Feb 18 22:45:49 <Tom90deg> «That's what I'm saying!»
Feb 18 22:45:50 <Maddy> >
Feb 18 22:45:58 <Artemis> Artemis adjusts his aim and clicks the trigger.
Feb 18 22:46:00 <Maddy> «SO WHY ARE YOU ARGUING WITH ME?»
Feb 18 22:46:05 <Artemis> 4df+7 WHIRRRRRRRR
Feb 18 22:46:06 <CROM> Artemis: WHIRRRRRRRR: 8 (4df+7=0, +, -, +)
Feb 18 22:46:20 <Ragazzo> Why are these bitches yelling and not shooting, thinks launce.
Feb 18 22:46:22 <Liebe> 4df+7 Tau forms a metallic spike from the scrap bubble and hurls it at one's head as she retreats into the LAV
Feb 18 22:46:22 <CROM> Liebe: Tau forms a metallic spike from the scrap bubble and hurls it at one's head as she retreats into the LAV: 8 (4df+7=-, +, +, 0)
Feb 18 22:46:29 <TroyGM> Pdef 4df+2
Feb 18 22:46:29 <TroyGM> Pdef 4df+2
Feb 18 22:46:29 <TroyGM> Pdef 4df+2
Feb 18 22:46:30 <TroyGM> Pdef 4df+2
Feb 18 22:46:33 <TroyGM> DERP!
Feb 18 22:46:39 <Dexanote> BAHAHAHA
Feb 18 22:46:42 <Liebe> wrong order bro
Feb 18 22:46:45 <TroyGM> 4df+2 Pdef
Feb 18 22:46:45 <CROM> TroyGM: Pdef: 2 (4df+2=+, 0, -, 0)
Feb 18 22:46:45 <TroyGM> 4df+2 Pdef
Feb 18 22:46:46 <CROM> TroyGM: Pdef: 3 (4df+2=-, 0, +, +)
Feb 18 22:46:46 <TroyGM> 4df+2 Pdef
Feb 18 22:46:46 <TroyGM> 4df+2 Pdef
Feb 18 22:46:46 <CROM> TroyGM: Pdef: 2 (4df+2=+, -, -, +)
Feb 18 22:46:47 <CROM> TroyGM: Pdef: 0 (4df+2=0, 0, -, -)
Feb 18 22:47:24 <TroyGM> Launce peppers the group, sending one flailing. And then Artemis NIMBY's, and blows the rest of them away.
Feb 18 22:47:57 <TroyGM> In an explosion of blood and gore, they go flying backwards, their bodies breaking and seperating into convenient, bitesized chunks.
Feb 18 22:48:21 <Ragazzo> Launce is eying the ground. Weirdness still there?
Feb 18 22:48:52 <TroyGM> Yes. And it seems to be… growing. They apparently got part of what they were working on done.
Feb 18 22:50:20 <Liebe> "Magery, I think."
Feb 18 22:50:55 <Ragazzo> 4df+6 One last occult check, tagging eye for time
Feb 18 22:50:55 <CROM> Ragazzo: One last occult check, tagging eye for time: 5 (4df+6=-, 0, -, +)
Feb 18 22:52:03 <Ragazzo> Launce swears, and starts for the Lav, grabbing the corpse of the one he killed on the way. «[We need to leave. I don't know how to stop whatever they did….d…dae…daevites! What were they again…]»
Feb 18 22:56:11 <Liebe> Tau gets inside yo. "Lance says we need to leave."
Feb 18 22:56:23 <Tom90deg> Zoe be still in the LAV
Feb 18 22:56:44 <TroyGM> Launce: There's a silent pop and something white fills your vision. MDef to avoid surprise.
Feb 18 22:56:55 <Ragazzo> 4df+2 Ffffuuuck
Feb 18 22:56:55 <CROM> Ragazzo: Ffffuuuck: 2 (4df+2=+, 0, -, 0)
Feb 18 22:57:51 <TroyGM> 4df+5 (Gonna cripple ya).
Feb 18 22:57:52 <CROM> TroyGM: (Gonna cripple ya).: 8 (4df+5=+, +, +, 0)
Feb 18 22:58:09 <Maddy> «Is everyone in?»
Feb 18 23:02:05 <TroyGM> The thing appears, silent as a whisper, and slides its blade calmly into your torso. It is completely expressionless as it does so, but you can see it shivering slightly as it twists near the bottom.
Feb 18 23:02:41 <Ragazzo> Launce blinks, mouth parting in anger, shock, and agony for a moment…and then his human eye sparks. Shifting to centurion courtesy of troyl. The large eared man's mouth sets itself in a hard line. Lancius draws his sword….
Feb 18 23:03:12 <Ragazzo> 4df+6 Tagging eye for time for soldiery reactions to sudden threat…
Feb 18 23:03:13 <CROM> Ragazzo: Tagging eye for time for soldiery reactions to sudden threat…: 8 (4df+6=+, +, +, -)
Feb 18 23:04:02 <Liebe> 4df+5 Tau quickly directs a much smaller spike into the thing attacking Launce's head, countering it as well
Feb 18 23:04:03 <CROM> Liebe: Tau quickly directs a much smaller spike into the thing attacking Launce's head, countering it as well: 3 (4df+5=0, -, -, 0)
Feb 18 23:05:04 <Ragazzo> He bashes the fucker in the head witht he hilt of his sword, and follows pu with a stab.
Feb 18 23:05:09 <Ragazzo> 4df+4 STAB
Feb 18 23:05:10 <CROM> Ragazzo: STAB: 4 (4df+4=0, +, 0, -)
Feb 18 23:05:45 <Ragazzo> It's somewhat lackluster. He is supremely disoriented. And has a big bladed thing stuck in him.
Feb 18 23:05:53 <TroyGM> The creature wasn't expecting that, and it certainly wasn't expecting a fight. (Tau, you accidently shoot a nail into your foot). In spite of that, the only change in its extression was a slight rising of its eyebrows.
Feb 18 23:06:02 <TroyGM> 4df+2
Feb 18 23:06:03 <CROM> TroyGM: 3 (4df+2=+, +, 0, -)
Feb 18 23:06:11 <Artemis> 3 is not a crit fail.
Feb 18 23:06:49 <TroyGM> It goes down to your bash, but it drags the blade down the front of your torso, cutting into your body as it hits the ground and starts to twitch.
Feb 18 23:07:45 <Ragazzo> Lancius stumbles, and frowns. Slinging his rifle, and grabbing both corpses, he starts to stagger back to the LAV as best he can.
Feb 18 23:08:06 <Ragazzo> It is very difficult, he is not moving all that fast.
Feb 18 23:08:46 <TroyGM> There's a roar and the sound of an engine somewhere coming down the road.
Feb 18 23:10:20 <Maddy> «Guys come on!»
Feb 18 23:11:31 <Liebe> Tau assists the Roman as best as possible, the scrap bubble twisting to accomodate him neatly, and closes the ramp behind them. «The doctor is injured, Alice.»
Feb 18 23:11:33 * Doctor_Light (ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.5300FD19-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.5300FD19-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Feb 18 23:11:38 <Ragazzo> Lancius throws both corpses in, and then fumbles in himself. There is a blade of some sort in his torso. It's been tugged down rather messily so there is likely blood everywhere. He leans against a wall. PAnsy.
Feb 18 23:11:55 * Leonard (~ten.labolgcbs.omslts.deepsthgil.5CE9768D-CRInys|7tahCecI#ten.labolgcbs.omslts.deepsthgil.5CE9768D-CRInys|7tahCecI) has joined #afteraction
Feb 18 23:12:24 * Doctor_Light is now known as Light
Feb 18 23:12:33 <Ragazzo> "I have brought specimens. One may still be breathing."
Feb 18 23:12:58 <Maddy> <Shit.> She crawls awkwardly into the back, grabbing a kit on the way. <Holdstill.>
Feb 18 23:13:22 <Dexanote> From between two abandoned buldings, an ATV appears, driven by Myr and a rather beaten up, bloodied passenger.
Feb 18 23:13:48 <Maddy> 4df+4 Alice is a good doctor I swear.
Feb 18 23:13:49 <CROM> Maddy: Alice is a good doctor I swear.: 7 (4df+4=0, +, +, +)
Feb 18 23:13:58 <Liebe> she's Legendary
Feb 18 23:14:02 <TroyGM> ((On Lance?))
Feb 18 23:14:27 <Maddy> oui
Feb 18 23:14:31 <Dexanote> She brakes, skidding a bit to beside the LAV. They're stopped, correct? «Guys, I'm back. Got a Foundation guy too.»
Feb 18 23:15:14 <TroyGM> Alice: You patch him up in a matter of moments, but the wound is deep. He's going to be hurting for a while, and he's probably not going to be back to himself anytime soon.
Feb 18 23:15:48 <Ragazzo> Lancius stands up, during and after treatment.
Feb 18 23:16:02 <Maddy> «GET IN!»
Feb 18 23:16:03 <TroyGM> The Man of the back of the ATV screams: "Shoot the road ahead of you! It uses this shit like mud! We've GOT TO GET GOING!"
Feb 18 23:16:10 <TroyGM> 4df+4 Occult
Feb 18 23:16:10 <CROM> TroyGM: Occult: 3 (4df+4=0, 0, 0, -)
Feb 18 23:16:29 <Maddy> Assume Jason is covering them
Feb 18 23:16:46 <TroyGM> ((Up to three people may tag manuevers against this substance for +2))
Feb 18 23:16:55 <Maddy> And being a quiet rock in the midst of a storm or something like that.
Feb 18 23:17:24 <Maddy> TroyGM, My I NPC Jason on the minigun once we ge moving?
Feb 18 23:18:02 <TroyGM> Yes, ma'am. He's your husband.
Feb 18 23:19:32 <Maddy> Jason waves Myrtle and INJURED MAN into the LAV <Alice get us moving!>
Feb 18 23:19:36 <TroyGM> ((*at no cost))
Feb 18 23:20:19 <TroyGM> The man collapses to the floor. "We've got to go… They want our blood," he stammers, upper body covered in fresh cuts.
Feb 18 23:20:28 <Liebe> 4df+6 Magic to —> the LAV's gun
Feb 18 23:20:29 <CROM> Liebe: Magic to —> the LAV's gun: 7 (4df+6=+, +, 0, -)
Feb 18 23:20:42 <Liebe> that's an 8 I derped
Feb 18 23:20:53 <TroyGM> D:
Feb 18 23:20:54 <Maddy> <You n-n-need treatment?>
Feb 18 23:21:11 <TroyGM> He smiles up at you. "Hey there, Alice… Do I really look that bad?"
Feb 18 23:21:18 <Dexanote> "They've been taking his blood. He said they're Daevites, does that mean anything to you?"
Feb 18 23:22:27 <TroyGM> He coughed. "SCP-140…" he said.
Feb 18 23:23:32 <Maddy> Jason closes the ramp once everyone is on. Alice looks a little confused but Jason nods. <H-heard the name I think…b-but we can talk about this later.>
Feb 18 23:24:22 <TroyGM> Artemis: Perception please, good sir.
Feb 18 23:24:54 <Maddy> 4df+4 <Jason get on the m-minigun…> Alice does a quick patch up of the man as fast as she can
Feb 18 23:24:55 <CROM> Maddy: <Jason get on the m-minigun…> Alice does a quick patch up of the man as fast as she can: 4 (4df+4=-, +, -, +)
Feb 18 23:25:00 <Ragazzo> Lancius has sat down. Assume he does whatever.
Feb 18 23:25:05 <Maddy> Jason clambers up.
Feb 18 23:25:14 <Artemis> Artemis steps down, then?
Feb 18 23:25:17 * Ragazzo has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Feb 18 23:26:01 <Maddy> Two people can be up there
Feb 18 23:26:15 <Artemis> 4df+4 Very well then
Feb 18 23:26:16 <CROM> Artemis: Very well then: 5 (4df+4=+, -, 0, +)
Feb 18 23:26:53 <TroyGM> Artemis: They're appearing on the LAV now, blades out, stabbing into the gaps.
Feb 18 23:27:40 <Artemis> He turns the turret about, spraying them down as quickly and thoroughly as he can.
Feb 18 23:27:45 <Artemis> 4df+6 BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Feb 18 23:27:46 <CROM> Artemis: BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ: 4 (4df+6=-, +, -, -)
Feb 18 23:27:54 <TroyGM> 4df+3
Feb 18 23:27:55 <CROM> TroyGM: -1 (4df+3=-, -, -, -)
Feb 18 23:27:59 <TroyGM> 4df+2
Feb 18 23:27:59 <CROM> TroyGM: -1 (4df+2=-, -, 0, -)
Feb 18 23:28:00 <TroyGM> 4df+2
Feb 18 23:28:01 <CROM> TroyGM: 2 (4df+2=+, -, +, -)
Feb 18 23:28:42 <Liebe> Tau turns at the sounds, looking up. She pauses, considering…
Feb 18 23:28:52 <Maddy> Alice worms her way up into the drivers side again. «HOLD ON EVERYONE!»
Feb 18 23:28:52 <TroyGM> Their bodies go to piece. One of them looks into Artemis's eyes for just a moment. You see his lips move, and you're certain that he says: "You have a lovely face." But then he's gone.
Feb 18 23:29:39 <Artemis> Artemis would be appreciate the compliment if he wasn't so busy MURDERIZING YOUR ASSES.
Feb 18 23:30:08 <Maddy> Peddle to the metal, Alice is gunning it and Jason is firing uppon the WEIRD GROUND.
Feb 18 23:30:38 <Maddy> 4df+8 one tag to the occult manouver.
Feb 18 23:30:40 <CROM> Maddy: one tag to the occult manouver.: 9 (4df+8=0, -, +, +)
Feb 18 23:31:08 <TroyGM> Weird ground has a flat defense of 4. Driveing checks at +4 everytime he blasts the fuck out of it.
Feb 18 23:31:28 <TroyGM> It goes flying, and you can maneuved through the much
Feb 18 23:31:34 <TroyGM> *ck
Feb 18 23:32:54 * TroyGM handwaves and proves a fuckit point to all involved in the last moment
Feb 18 23:33:17 <TroyGM> Zoe: MDef to avoid Surprise round.
Feb 18 23:33:43 <TroyGM> Artemis: More of them are popping up on the top of the Lav, swinging into it agin.
Feb 18 23:34:09 <Maddy> Alice keeps driving and Jason keeps shooting at the ground since he doesn't have to worry about ammo.
Feb 18 23:34:25 <Artemis> 4df+6 he just gonna keep shootan
Feb 18 23:34:25 <CROM> Artemis: he just gonna keep shootan: 7 (4df+6=+, -, 0, +)
Feb 18 23:34:44 <TroyGM> 4df+2
Feb 18 23:34:45 <CROM> TroyGM: 3 (4df+2=+, 0, +, -)
Feb 18 23:34:46 <TroyGM> 4df+2
Feb 18 23:34:46 <CROM> TroyGM: 2 (4df+2=+, -, +, -)
Feb 18 23:34:48 <TroyGM> 4df+2
Feb 18 23:34:48 <CROM> TroyGM: 3 (4df+2=0, +, 0, 0)
Feb 18 23:34:57 <Dexanote> Myrtle holds on inside, trying to keep Lament from bashing around too much.
Feb 18 23:35:10 <TroyGM> They all burst into death. They finally take the hint and stop teleporting up there.
Feb 18 23:35:30 <Artemis> Artemis will keep up this bulwark of destruction until they learn their lesson.
Feb 18 23:36:51 <Tom90deg> 4df+2 (Mdef)
Feb 18 23:36:52 <CROM> Tom90deg: (Mdef): 2 (4df+2=+, 0, 0, -)
Feb 18 23:37:08 * Adhelami is now known as Lilah
Feb 18 23:37:23 <TroyGM> One of the things appears in front of you, in the back of the LAV. You are surprised.
Feb 18 23:37:42 <TroyGM> 4df+3 Gonna kill Zoe dead
Feb 18 23:37:43 <CROM> TroyGM: Gonna kill Zoe dead: 0 (4df+3=-, 0, -, -)
Feb 18 23:37:53 <Tom90deg> 4df+4
Feb 18 23:37:54 <CROM> Tom90deg: 3 (4df+4=-, -, 0, +)
Feb 18 23:38:22 <TroyGM> It's blade snaps loudly and breaks as it hits the wall. It looks at Zoe apologetically.
Feb 18 23:38:24 <Tom90deg> Zoe starts back, and then gets very angry. "You're trying teleproing on ME?! Fuck YOU!"
Feb 18 23:39:03 <Tom90deg> Zoe ports behind it, wrappig her arm around it's neck,and then porting back to where she was. (2 ap, 1 for manuver)
Feb 18 23:39:04 <Dexanote> Myrtle realizes exactly how bad of an idea that would be.
Feb 18 23:39:13 <Tom90deg> 4df+5 Telefrag.
Feb 18 23:39:13 <CROM> Tom90deg: Telefrag.: 2 (4df+5=-, -, -, 0)
Feb 18 23:39:37 <TroyGM> 4df+3
Feb 18 23:39:38 <CROM> TroyGM: 4 (4df+3=0, 0, +, 0)
Feb 18 23:39:59 <TroyGM> ((Anyone else in the back want to act?))
Feb 18 23:40:05 <Tom90deg> (last AP to Reroll)
Feb 18 23:40:09 <TroyGM> It artfully dodges in the small space.
Feb 18 23:40:31 <Tom90deg> 4df+5 reroll
Feb 18 23:40:32 <CROM> Tom90deg: reroll: 6 (4df+5=0, 0, +, 0)
Feb 18 23:41:58 <TroyGM> The GM lazily uses his previous roll, as the thing is telefraged, parts of its body hitting everyone in the back of the LAV.
Feb 18 23:42:16 <TroyGM> "Thanks, man. That… that was just awesome…" He stares at Zoe.
Feb 18 23:42:20 <Dexanote> "… FGHAFG" how
Feb 18 23:42:26 <Dexanote> does she pronounce that
Feb 18 23:42:31 <Dexanote> "IT'S IN MY MOUTH."
Feb 18 23:43:21 <Maddy> Alice Jason and Artemis continues their driving and shooting anf so forth. Alice is heading for the port and prying for transport.
Feb 18 23:43:34 <TroyGM> Shortly, the road clears and Alice has the LAV solidly moving toward the docks. The sun is starting to rise.
Feb 18 23:43:45 <Tom90deg> "THat's fucking RIGHT, you try Port and die on me again and you'll get more of the same!"
Feb 18 23:44:05 <Tom90deg> Zoe still can't hear though
Feb 18 23:44:19 <Maddy> The sun is rising at midnight? O_o
Feb 18 23:44:51 <TroyGM> That's what it looks like.
Feb 18 23:45:20 <Maddy> <Uhhhh…you know w-what, I don't care.>
Feb 18 23:45:32 <Maddy> <I don't care at all.> Alice is talkign to herself.
Feb 18 23:45:49 * Ragazzo (ten.llebcap.ac2tks.lsd.CD796148-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.llebcap.ac2tks.lsd.CD796148-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Feb 18 23:45:52 <Tom90deg> «Alice, we got one in the back, but he's dead. Oh, and before you reply, I can't hear you. Long story, it's only temporaty though."
Feb 18 23:46:11 <Maddy> «I don't care.»
Feb 18 23:46:18 <TroyGM> The further you get down the road, the more you realize… it isn't the sun. It looks like a huge area of the docks and the land around you…. is burning.
Feb 18 23:46:27 <Maddy> <Fuuuuuuck.>
Feb 18 23:46:57 <Maddy> <Jason f-find me a boat>
Feb 18 23:48:54 <Maddy> 4df+6 Jason looks for a boat that will hold all their shit and is not on fire.
Feb 18 23:48:55 <CROM> Maddy: Jason looks for a boat that will hold all their shit and is not on fire.: 5 (4df+6=0, -, 0, 0)
Feb 18 23:49:43 <TroyGM> There looks to be a… mostly acceptable one. It's near the end of the docks. There's a few of the flicking creatures popping around some of the other boats, torching them.
Feb 18 23:50:24 <Maddy> Assumadly Jason tell Alice hwere to go and she heads that way. Jason will shoot if prompted.
Feb 18 23:52:53 <TroyGM> You don't have much trouble getting to the end of the dock, and Artemis and Jason have no trouble holding them off as the rest of you load up the vessle quickly.