Courtesy Call

Feb 18 20:05:26 <Maddy> "Think it'll go ok?"
Feb 18 20:05:35 * WalrusKing (~PI.5241FB9E.F232B274.65D8554D|niKsurlaW#PI.5241FB9E.F232B274.65D8554D|niKsurlaW) has joined #afteractionmission
Feb 18 20:05:52 <Puppetmaster> "When does it /ever/ go okay?"
Feb 18 20:05:53 <Echo> Mitchell looks over at Jani. "You know… when we get back, you wanna help me see if I can get that SUV run- yeah, I figure it should. I mean, I hope it does. They turned the lights on for us."
Feb 18 20:06:28 * Gara (daed.si.hctiw.eht|gnod.gniD#daed.si.hctiw.eht|gnod.gniD) has joined #afteractionmission
Feb 18 20:06:32 <Echo> "They seem like they was on the level when you talked to 'em?"
Feb 18 20:06:41 <Tox> Cana shrugs. "Doesn't mean incredibly much, but it is a sign."
Feb 18 20:06:54 <Maddy> "Yeah, they're just dealing with the same shit we are."
Feb 18 20:08:09 <Echo> They skirt along the edges of Ashburton, and cut south, heading towards where their first camp was set up.
Feb 18 20:08:48 <WalrusKing> "To me it sounds like this will work."
Feb 18 20:08:50 <Maddy> About half way, Jan calls the Ashburtons on the radio. "Hey Ashburton. This is Jani calling again. We're ready to meet t the meeting spot whenever you are."
Feb 18 20:11:45 <Echo> No one responds immediately. About 30 seconds later, the radio crackles up. After a moment of static, a voice comes through. «'Janii,' this is John Shrewsbury. We'll be sending out a team to rendezvous with your group in 30 minutes.»
Feb 18 20:12:37 <Maddy> «Roger roger, we'll be there. Drve safe now.» she smiles.
Feb 18 20:12:54 <MonkeyBomb> Brock sits on the back of the truck, enjoying the ride.
Feb 18 20:13:07 <WalrusKing> Ilya sits quietly in the back too.
Feb 18 20:13:33 <Puppetmaster> Lilin glances at every tree and bush like it might conceal a threat for her to shoot.
Feb 18 20:14:35 <Echo> "Jani, hold the wheel."
Feb 18 20:14:41 <Maddy> She does so.
Feb 18 20:15:08 <Echo> Mitchell leans out the window, looking back at the ones riding in the bed. "I forget, did anybody ever move the dog bodies away from the plant? Or the skeleton of that dude?"
Feb 18 20:15:37 <WalrusKing> "I did not have this opportunity."
Feb 18 20:15:44 <MonkeyBomb> Brock picks his brain, trying to remember. "Not that I can recall, no."
Feb 18 20:16:26 <Maddy> "Maybe someone should go ahead and clean that up?"
Feb 18 20:16:27 <Echo> Mitchell leans back in and takes the wheel, guiding the vehicle the rest of the way in to the group's first encampment.
Feb 18 20:17:08 <Echo> "You think we should?"
Feb 18 20:17:44 <Maddy> "The dude at least I think."
Feb 18 20:17:56 <WalrusKing> "We should do it if we can. The man deserves a burial."
Feb 18 20:18:12 <MonkeyBomb> "I don't know if it's a good idea to try and hide things from the Ashburtoners, guys."
Feb 18 20:18:13 <Tox> Cana nods agreement.
Feb 18 20:18:36 <Echo> He kills the engine after they pull in, shuts the truck off, and hops out. "Maybe after we get the plant runnin'. Haulin' a body out an' diggin' a grave takes more than a couple minutes."
Feb 18 20:19:14 <WalrusKing> "We do not need to hide. If they ask we can tell."
Feb 18 20:19:28 <MonkeyBomb> He shrugs. "True."
Feb 18 20:20:00 <Echo> "They couldn't exactly think we was the ones that did it anyway. Guy's practically a skeleton."
Feb 18 20:20:01 <Maddy> "I wasn't thinking hide it, just clean up a titch, but yeah we could wait."
Feb 18 20:20:59 <Echo> "Well… anybody bring a deck of cards?"
Feb 18 20:21:37 <Maddy> "I did not."
Feb 18 20:21:38 <Tox> Cana shakes his head. "Sorry."
Feb 18 20:21:42 <MonkeyBomb> "Nada."
Feb 18 20:23:00 <WalrusKing> "We do not need to hide. If they ask we can tell."
Feb 18 20:23:01 <Echo> "That was a joke… unless one'a y'all actually brought some."
Feb 18 20:23:07 <WalrusKing> eugh redact
Feb 18 20:23:16 <Maddy> Jani looks around at their former lodgiings, and Renee heads for the water. "Come gets me when its time to go home."
Feb 18 20:23:29 <WalrusKing> "Sorry." Ilya takes out his hook and fiddles with it.
Feb 18 20:24:44 <MonkeyBomb> Ace wags his tail, his nose going on overdrive as he sniffs the salt in the air.
Feb 18 20:24:57 <Echo> So much salt!
Feb 18 20:25:57 <Gara> John relaxes to wait.
Feb 18 20:26:10 <Maddy> "I'm going to take a nice shower once this gets figured out.
Feb 18 20:26:11 <Maddy> "
Feb 18 20:26:17 <Echo> "So… how much are y'all lookin' forward to a hot shower?"
Feb 18 20:26:21 <Echo> "Jinx."
Feb 18 20:26:24 <Gara> "So much."
Feb 18 20:26:27 <MonkeyBomb> Brock laughs.
Feb 18 20:26:43 <Tox> Cana smiles lightly.
Feb 18 20:27:21 <WalrusKing> "I have not had hot shower in very long time."
Feb 18 20:27:25 <MonkeyBomb> Brock looks at Ace. "You here that? I can finally give you a /real/ bath."
Feb 18 20:27:30 <MonkeyBomb> He ruffles the dog's ears.
Feb 18 20:27:50 <Echo> "Does he get that super-bad wet dog smell?"
Feb 18 20:28:11 <Echo> Mitchell cops a squat, leaning on his rifle.
Feb 18 20:28:21 <MonkeyBomb> "Most likely. I haven't given him a bath since we left here, actually."
Feb 18 20:28:57 <MonkeyBomb> Ace roams around the familiar area, sniffing everything and peeing on stuff, like usual.
Feb 18 20:29:54 <Maddy> "I asked around the camp for who might anna stay at the plant, Corey said he would."
Feb 18 20:30:18 <Echo> "We need to find that guy some meds."
Feb 18 20:30:37 <Tox> "Is he that guy who lives in the connex…?"
Feb 18 20:30:40 <Maddy> "Yeah, though he's doig a little better I think. I mean he spoke to me."
Feb 18 20:30:53 <Maddy> "Well he did when we were here."
Feb 18 20:31:14 <Echo> "Lived. But yeah. He's been squattin' in one'a the houses out past the other side'a the post office since we got to Tinwald."
Feb 18 20:32:28 <Tox> "Ahh." Cana shakes his head. "I do my best to avoid crossing paths with him. He…kinda freaks me out."
Feb 18 20:33:01 <Maddy> "Really? He's like a scared mouse."
Feb 18 20:33:05 <Echo> "Guy's not gonna bite ya, dude. He's just kinda timid around people. Got some problems he's dealin' with."
Feb 18 20:33:22 <Tox> "Yeah, I know."
Feb 18 20:33:34 <WalrusKing> "Who is this?" Ilya inquires curiously.
Feb 18 20:34:21 <Maddy> "Corey, I wouldn't be surprised if you never saw him. He's kinda scared of people."
Feb 18 20:35:49 <WalrusKing> "Oh. This must be unfortunate for him."
Feb 18 20:37:38 <Echo> "He doesn't like hangin' around chicks, neither."
Feb 18 20:37:57 <MonkeyBomb> Brock hops back onto the truck and sits on the edge of the bed. Ace finishes his circuit of the old camp and plops down on the ground next the the truck.
Feb 18 20:38:06 <Gara> "Cana's not meeting him then."
Feb 18 20:38:11 <Maddy> "Bet he has an interesting story to tell…but I mean if he doesn't want to tell it then." she shrugs
Feb 18 20:38:23 <MonkeyBomb> Brock chuckles at John's comment.
Feb 18 20:38:26 <Tox> Cana breaks up laughing.
Feb 18 20:38:40 <Tox> "Hey. Hey now. That's just in D&D."
Feb 18 20:40:27 <WalrusKing> "Mmm. The mind is fragile things sometimes. I hope to keep mine."
Feb 18 20:40:35 <Echo> "Eh, you got a waif-lookin' chick with pointy ears inside you tryin' to get out. It's all right."
Feb 18 20:40:42 <Echo> "Ain't nobody gonna judge."
Feb 18 20:40:55 <Tox> "Pointy ears? Talwyn's a /human/ druid, guy."
Feb 18 20:41:08 <Puppetmaster> "I was the pointy ears."
Feb 18 20:41:31 <Maddy> "You were the tallest damn elf I ever did see, Lilin."
Feb 18 20:41:47 <Puppetmaster> "Because being shorter in the game is fucking freaky.
Feb 18 20:41:48 <Puppetmaster> "
Feb 18 20:41:51 <Echo> "Oh. Must'a got y'all mixed up. That shit was neat, though."
Feb 18 20:41:54 <Gara> "Being taller is amusing."
Feb 18 20:42:07 <Echo> "I mean, I can understand why somebody had that made."
Feb 18 20:42:10 <Tox> "Hell yeah, it's neat. Can't wait for next session."
Feb 18 20:43:03 <Maddy> "I got some good things planned, a little more rough later on too, now tht we know death isn't permenent."
Feb 18 20:43:13 <WalrusKing> Ilya shrugs. "This thing is strange and unsettling, and I do not think I can read enough for this anyways."
Feb 18 20:43:51 <Tox> "Well, death'd still make the rest of the session harder."
Feb 18 20:44:07 <Echo> Perception
Feb 18 20:44:13 <WalrusKing> 4df+2 meh
Feb 18 20:44:13 <CROM> WalrusKing: meh: 1 (4df+2=+, 0, -, -)
Feb 18 20:44:19 <Maddy> "Yeah, i know, I just mean I'm not gonna make it purposel easy cakes.
Feb 18 20:44:23 <Maddy> 4df+3 Eyeballs
Feb 18 20:44:23 <Puppetmaster> 4df+3 I think it's a 3.
Feb 18 20:44:23 <CROM> Maddy: Eyeballs: 1 (4df+3=-, +, -, -)
Feb 18 20:44:23 <CROM> Puppetmaster: I think it's a 3.: 5 (4df+3=+, 0, 0, +)
Feb 18 20:44:28 <Maddy> FU
Feb 18 20:44:38 <Puppetmaster> It's a 3.
Feb 18 20:44:42 <Gara> 4df+3 Where?
Feb 18 20:44:42 <CROM> Gara: Where?: 5 (4df+3=+, 0, +, 0)
Feb 18 20:44:45 <Gara> THERE!
Feb 18 20:44:46 <Tox> 4df+3 sight beyond sight
Feb 18 20:44:47 <CROM> Tox: sight beyond sight: 2 (4df+3=-, -, +, 0)
Feb 18 20:45:31 <Echo> John and Lilin are the first to notice headlights approaching from the north. Looks like four or five sets, hard to tell this far out.
Feb 18 20:45:50 <Gara> My finger point!
Feb 18 20:45:53 <Gara> "Here they come."
Feb 18 20:45:53 <Puppetmaster> "Convoy. My cue to split to a perch.
Feb 18 20:45:55 <Puppetmaster> "
Feb 18 20:46:19 <Puppetmaster> Lilin slips toward the back of the group, preferably somewhere near a place she could potentially snipe from.
Feb 18 20:46:28 <Echo> "Urgh. Wh- we don't need them havin' people aimin' at 'em from trees. Jesus."
Feb 18 20:46:45 <Echo> "We're tryin' to get these people to trust us, yeah?"
Feb 18 20:46:51 <Maddy> "I thought we just had a talk about this…"
Feb 18 20:46:56 <Gara> "We totally did."
Feb 18 20:47:02 <Puppetmaster> "I /won't/ be aiming from a tree. I'll be standing out here where I can get to a tree."
Feb 18 20:47:05 <Puppetmaster> "Fair enough?"
Feb 18 20:47:07 <Gara> "No."
Feb 18 20:47:10 <Gara> "Not fair enough."
Feb 18 20:47:13 <Maddy> Jani rolls her eyes and sits where she's at.
Feb 18 20:47:26 <Puppetmaster> "I'm still standing with you guys. Calm down, God."
Feb 18 20:48:24 <Tox> "Looking like you're about to bolt doesn't inspire confidence, Lilin."
Feb 18 20:48:37 <Echo> "I'm *just* sayin'."
Feb 18 20:48:50 <Puppetmaster> "I'm /not/ ! God damn."
Feb 18 20:48:57 <Echo> Mitchell climbs up onto the hood of the truck, and sits on the cab.
Feb 18 20:49:11 <Maddy> Jani waves when they're closer
Feb 18 20:49:28 <WalrusKing> Ilya is standing in place facing the approaching lights. "I think every one should calm down."
Feb 18 20:49:47 <Echo> As the vehicles get closer, you can all see they're SWAT vans.
Feb 18 20:50:08 <Puppetmaster> "… See? Do you /see/ that shit?"
Feb 18 20:50:24 <WalrusKing> "Calm down my friend."
Feb 18 20:50:54 <Puppetmaster> She just mutters and leans on the nearest thing that's convenient for the task and not Russian.
Feb 18 20:51:20 <Maddy> "Dude, they're a group of cops and shit, they're gonna have cop vans."
Feb 18 20:51:22 <MonkeyBomb> Brock sits on the truck, trying not to grab his gun out of instinct.
Feb 18 20:51:29 <Gara> "Yeah, really. We're fine.'
Feb 18 20:51:39 <Echo> They pull into a neat line on the road. The door on the driver's side pops open on the one up front, and a short-ish sort of dude dressed in grey fatigues hops out, carrying an MP5. "You're the team we're meeting with?"
Feb 18 20:51:40 <MonkeyBomb> Ace looks up at the sound of the approaching vehicle.
Feb 18 20:51:45 <Tox> Cana gets out of the truck, standing next to the truck.
Feb 18 20:52:16 <Gara> "Yeah, that's us."
Feb 18 20:52:17 <Maddy> "Yep. I'm Jani."
Feb 18 20:52:32 <MonkeyBomb> Brock gives them a little wave.
Feb 18 20:52:42 <WalrusKing> "Greetings." Ilya is standing casually, hands resting on his staff.
Feb 18 20:52:49 <Puppetmaster> Lilin has a look that's some combination of spooked and suspicious.
Feb 18 20:53:20 <Echo> "We don't have a lot of time. If you're ready, you need to mount up and drive out ahead."
Feb 18 20:53:42 <Maddy> "Can do." She gets back in the truck.
Feb 18 20:54:10 <Puppetmaster> Lilin gets in, her movements calculated.
Feb 18 20:54:19 <Echo> Mitchell climbs up on top of the cab, and swings around, dropping onto the bed of the truck.
Feb 18 20:54:20 <MonkeyBomb> Brock pats the bed, urging Ace to hop on.
Feb 18 20:54:46 <Tox> Cana boards the flatbed 'cause that's where the cool kids are.
Feb 18 20:54:52 <MonkeyBomb> You know it.
Feb 18 20:55:08 <Maddy> Jani start and truck, makes sure everyone is ready and heads out.
Feb 18 20:55:09 <WalrusKing> Ilya hops in.
Feb 18 20:55:13 <Puppetmaster> Lilin mutters. "Fucking hate this…"
Feb 18 20:55:25 <Echo> "Hate what?"
Feb 18 20:55:38 <Puppetmaster> "Being this… vulnerable."
Feb 18 20:55:44 <Puppetmaster> "Exposed."
Feb 18 20:55:58 <Puppetmaster> Her hands are shaking a little bit.
Feb 18 20:56:14 <Echo> After the group starts getting into the truck, the SWAT guy climbs back into his van, and their vehicles starts circling around, getting behind the flatbed.
Feb 18 20:56:33 <Gara> "They're not going to fire on us"
Feb 18 20:56:57 <MonkeyBomb> "Eh. A deal's a deal. Not like we have much choice. If we want power, we gotta play by their rules." He shrugs.
Feb 18 20:56:59 <Echo> "We're gonna be fine, Lilin. I get what you're feelin'. I mean, I've been in some shit in my day. But part of dealin's figurin' out when it's warranted an' when it's just paranoia gnawin' at ya."
Feb 18 20:57:04 <WalrusKing> Ilya pats her shoulder. He has a static looking half smile on his face "It is okay. Things are going well."
Feb 18 20:57:51 <Maddy> Jani drives along, damn she's good at this now.
Feb 18 20:58:15 <Puppetmaster> She grips her knife through her shirt, and the shaking stops.
Feb 18 20:59:49 <Echo> It doesn't take long to get to the facility from here. Oh shit! It's lit up, but… nothing's running.
Feb 18 21:00:17 <Puppetmaster> Lilin's managed to not shoot anything.
Feb 18 21:00:57 <MonkeyBomb> Ace is still, very much, a dog. All is well.
Feb 18 21:01:27 <Maddy> Jani reaches to the glovebox as she rolls to a stop, grabbing the interior map with the explinations on how to start the bitch up.
Feb 18 21:02:13 <Echo> Mitchell hops off the back of the truck, tripping and faceplanting on the parking lot.
Feb 18 21:02:26 <Tox> Cana slowclaps. "You okay?"
Feb 18 21:02:43 <Gara> "Hit the liquor before we left, didya?"
Feb 18 21:02:44 <Maddy> Jani rolls her eyes again.
Feb 18 21:02:45 <MonkeyBomb> Brock raises an eyebrow.
Feb 18 21:02:57 <Echo> He groans. And groans again, then gives them a thumbs up.
Feb 18 21:03:07 <WalrusKing> Ilya hops out of the truck, helps him up.
Feb 18 21:03:27 <Tox> Cana carefully gets himself off the truck.
Feb 18 21:03:34 <MonkeyBomb> Brock hops down as well, along with Ace. He glances over at the plant.
Feb 18 21:03:37 <Gara> John gets out of the truck.
Feb 18 21:04:06 <Puppetmaster> Lilin gets out. She's trying to look confident, but it's not really working out.
Feb 18 21:04:28 <Echo> The SWAT vans pull in shortly after, spreading out and encircling the flatbed.
Feb 18 21:04:37 * Gara is now known as Garaway
Feb 18 21:05:12 <Maddy> "Welcome to the Wakanui desal plant." Jani says with a flourish.
Feb 18 21:05:15 <Tox> Cana looks at the arrangement with just a little consternation.
Feb 18 21:05:24 <Echo> The back doors pop open, and a dozen people file out the back of each, jogging out and circling around the plant. A significant number break off, pushing inside.
Feb 18 21:05:35 <Maddy> "What do you need us to do?"
Feb 18 21:05:40 <Puppetmaster> ~Oh fuck me.~
Feb 18 21:05:42 <MonkeyBomb> ~This had better fucking work…~
Feb 18 21:05:54 <Tox> Cana's mouth twists a little.
Feb 18 21:06:14 <Echo> The short guy from before hops out and wanders over to the group, face obscured by a balaclava. "So, you said this place is ready to run?"
Feb 18 21:06:22 <Puppetmaster> Lilin fiddles with the edge of her shirt and looks on the verge of a panic attack.
Feb 18 21:06:22 <WalrusKing> Ilya whistles very quietly to himself, suddenly quick little eyes watching everything.
Feb 18 21:06:48 <Tox> Cana draws closer to Lilin. "It'll be alright," he murmurs.
Feb 18 21:07:00 <MonkeyBomb> Ace is very quiet, sensing the tension in the air.
Feb 18 21:07:20 <Puppetmaster> She chuckles nervously. "Surewhateveryousay."
Feb 18 21:07:25 <Maddy> "Yeah, I have the start up instructions here." she holds them up. "The valve for the silo on the left is stuck closed, but other than that, looks like they had a clean shutdown, so everything should work."
Feb 18 21:09:01 <Echo> The guy - the nametape on his fatigues says "REEVES" - takes the paper from her, looking it over. "We got a couple guys that used to work down here in the back of my van. They shouldn't have a problem with it."
Feb 18 21:09:31 <Maddy> "Oh, ok. And here I was ready to have some of our people sit down here and keep an eye. That's awesome."
Feb 18 21:10:42 <Puppetmaster> Lilin stops fiddling with her shirt and digs her nails into her palm instead, whispering. "Why are there so fucking many unless they expected a fight?"
Feb 18 21:11:06 <Tox> "I don't know, Lilin. I really don't…"
Feb 18 21:11:35 <Maddy> "Well, anything else you're needing from us? Or should we just like…go?"
Feb 18 21:12:18 <Echo> Reeves turns away from the group, and bangs on the side of his van, then looks back. "No. You're going to stay here until we can confirm the facility works."
Feb 18 21:12:18 <WalrusKing> "We are all happy with arrangement, no?"
Feb 18 21:12:25 <WalrusKing> redact
Feb 18 21:12:30 <MonkeyBomb> Brock subconsciously fiddles with Ace's ears as he waits.
Feb 18 21:12:41 <Puppetmaster> Lilin wipes some blood off her hand and onto her pants.
Feb 18 21:12:52 <Maddy> "Ok?" she shrugs.
Feb 18 21:13:02 <WalrusKing> "I have question. If you have people who work here before, why do you need us to give you tour?"
Feb 18 21:13:04 <MonkeyBomb> Ace idly wiggles his tail.
Feb 18 21:13:16 <Maddy> Jani climbs up on her truck's hood and sits
Feb 18 21:13:52 <Echo> "The place was crawling with the lizards before. Call it insurance."
Feb 18 21:14:23 <Puppetmaster> Lilin mutters under her breath. "Oh fuck me we're hostages."
Feb 18 21:14:34 <Maddy> "I keep telling you it was regular dogs. The bodies are still out infront of the doors.
Feb 18 21:14:36 <Maddy> "
Feb 18 21:14:52 <MonkeyBomb> Brock nudges Lilin with his boot. "At least they left the cloak and dagger stuff at home this time."
Feb 18 21:15:27 <WalrusKing> Ilya is still casually leaning on his staff, half smiling. "I see. And when the facility works as planned we go home, yes?"
Feb 18 21:15:30 <MonkeyBomb> Of course, the replacement isn't much better.
Feb 18 21:15:32 <Puppetmaster> "I can fucking deal with cloak and dagger. That's my /job/."
Feb 18 21:15:41 <MonkeyBomb> He shrugs.
Feb 18 21:15:52 <Echo> A few guys in civilian clothes hop out of the back of his van, each wearing toolbelts. A couple of them wear hardhats. One of them waves genially at the group by the flatbed as he heads over towards the electrical shed.
Feb 18 21:16:12 <Puppetmaster> "But…" She chuckles. "I cannot deal with four dozen armed men surrounding us in the open."
Feb 18 21:16:18 <MonkeyBomb> "Me neither."
Feb 18 21:16:18 <Echo> Perception.
Feb 18 21:16:22 <Puppetmaster> Well… She /can/, but.
Feb 18 21:16:24 <Puppetmaster> 4df+3
Feb 18 21:16:24 <CROM> Puppetmaster: 2 (4df+3=0, +, -, -)
Feb 18 21:16:25 <WalrusKing> 4df+2 Ilya raises a hand back.
Feb 18 21:16:25 <CROM> WalrusKing: Ilya raises a hand back.: 1 (4df+2=0, -, +, -)
Feb 18 21:16:25 <Maddy> 4df+3
Feb 18 21:16:26 <CROM> Maddy: 3 (4df+3=-, 0, +, 0)
Feb 18 21:16:26 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3
Feb 18 21:16:27 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: 3 (4df+3=+, -, 0, 0)
Feb 18 21:16:31 <Puppetmaster> Just not in a way that's efficient.
Feb 18 21:16:37 <Tox> 4df+3 Cana raises his hand back.
Feb 18 21:16:37 <CROM> Tox: Cana raises his hand back.: 2 (4df+3=-, 0, -, +)
Feb 18 21:16:56 <Maddy> "Clearly neither of you have ever been commited."
Feb 18 21:17:25 <WalrusKing> Ilya walks a few feet closer to Lilin, quietly remarks. "No person can deal with the four dozen armed men."
Feb 18 21:17:47 <MonkeyBomb> "I don't get it." To Jani.
Feb 18 21:18:02 <Maddy> "I mean to an insane asylum."
Feb 18 21:18:07 <Tox> Cana rocks onto his heels.
Feb 18 21:18:07 <Echo> A few moments after the guy enters the shed, the sound of some heavy step-ups clacking into place can be heard from the transformers out back. A dozen more lights blink on around the parking lot, and the stadium lights around the exterior of the facility kick on, bathing the whole area in bright light.
Feb 18 21:18:10 <Puppetmaster> "… I-I-I-I-I w-want to go h-hide."
Feb 18 21:18:22 <Maddy> "Constantly surrounded by people who wanna make sure you dont leave."
Feb 18 21:18:58 <Puppetmaster> Lilin's hand is occasionally dripping blood now.
Feb 18 21:19:40 <WalrusKing> Ilya walks over to Lilin without taking his eyes off of proceedings, pats her on the shoulder gently, and gives her a half hug. "There there. Calm yourself my friend. Nothing to be done at this moment."
Feb 18 21:20:18 <Tox> Cana looks around at the vehicles encircling theirs, a hand hovering near his side.
Feb 18 21:20:26 <Puppetmaster> She shifts her position in her seat and pulls a knee up to her chest, resting her foot on the seat.
Feb 18 21:20:40 <MonkeyBomb> Brock just hops back on the side of the truck bed. He glances around at their "captors" as he waits.
Feb 18 21:20:40 <Maddy> Jani whistles
Feb 18 21:20:49 <Tox> ~I don't like this…~
Feb 18 21:20:54 <Echo> From inside the facility, a low howl builds up, rough-sounding at first, then grows louder and higher-pitched.
Feb 18 21:21:04 <Echo> Mechanical.
Feb 18 21:21:13 <MonkeyBomb> "I hope that's normal…"
Feb 18 21:21:17 <Echo> It stabilizes, getting quieter after a few seconds.
Feb 18 21:21:27 <Tox> The hair on Cana's neck goes up.
Feb 18 21:21:28 <WalrusKing> Ilya begins to walkin slow circles outside of the truck.
Feb 18 21:21:39 <Echo> As it settles down, it's all replaced by a low, loud hum.
Feb 18 21:21:53 <Tox> Cana pulls himself back into the flatbed, turning slow circles.
Feb 18 21:22:14 <MonkeyBomb> Brock nervously raps his knuckles on the truck bed.
Feb 18 21:22:16 <Echo> It's not hard at all to hear the cheers and whooping from inside, even over the din.
Feb 18 21:22:30 <WalrusKing> "Sounds like good news."
Feb 18 21:22:47 <MonkeyBomb> "Good news sounds like these trucks driving away."
Feb 18 21:22:59 <Puppetmaster> "… Th-that means we can go, right?"
Feb 18 21:23:26 <Echo> Perception, one more time.
Feb 18 21:23:40 <Maddy> 4df+3
Feb 18 21:23:40 <CROM> Maddy: 4 (4df+3=+, 0, 0, 0)
Feb 18 21:23:43 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3
Feb 18 21:23:43 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: 2 (4df+3=-, +, -, 0)
Feb 18 21:23:45 <WalrusKing> 4df+2 whatever
Feb 18 21:23:45 <CROM> WalrusKing: whatever: 2 (4df+2=+, 0, -, 0)
Feb 18 21:23:47 <Garaway> 4df+3
Feb 18 21:23:47 <CROM> Garaway: 2 (4df+3=+, -, -, 0)
Feb 18 21:23:49 <Tox> 4df+3 !
Feb 18 21:23:50 <CROM> Tox: !: 3 (4df+3=+, -, 0, 0)
Feb 18 21:23:51 * Garaway is now known as Gara
Feb 18 21:24:13 <Puppetmaster> 4df+3 Sorry.
Feb 18 21:24:13 <CROM> Puppetmaster: Sorry.: 4 (4df+3=+, 0, -, +)
Feb 18 21:26:23 <Echo> Reeves wanders back over, a finger tucking his earbud in to block out the noise. He gives a thumbs up in the direction of the truck crew. "Looks like the deal's good."
Feb 18 21:26:51 <Maddy> "Good."
Feb 18 21:27:11 <WalrusKing> Ilya nods.
Feb 18 21:27:29 <MonkeyBomb> Brock continues rapping his knuckles.
Feb 18 21:27:39 <Puppetmaster> Lilin continues bleeding.
Feb 18 21:27:46 <MonkeyBomb> Ace is still a dog, thank God.
Feb 18 21:28:02 <Puppetmaster> S'all good.
Feb 18 21:28:21 <Tox> Cana nods at Reeves, still looking about.
Feb 18 21:29:13 <Echo> Yes, Ace is still a dog. Except for one terrifying moment when he's not. Four thick tentacles bearing the weight of an indescribable horror, fangs and mouths covering a hairy body, each hair a sharp, violent looking quill, covered in a sickly green resin on the ends.
Feb 18 21:29:26 <Gara> DEFCON 3!
Feb 18 21:29:27 <Echo> Not really, though.
Feb 18 21:29:31 <Echo> That would be weird.
Feb 18 21:29:51 <WalrusKing> Ilya diverges slightly from his slow pacing to walk over to the truck, pulls a rag out of his pocket and hands it to Lilin. "Here."
Feb 18 21:30:23 <Echo> Reeves hangs around for a moment, apparently mulling something over.
Feb 18 21:30:30 <Puppetmaster> "…" She mumbles some kind of thanks and wipes it, then handing it back.
Feb 18 21:30:43 <Echo> "You guys have one of the radios, yeah?"
Feb 18 21:30:56 <Maddy> "I do."
Feb 18 21:31:04 <MonkeyBomb> A million Bad Things flash through Brock's mind.
Feb 18 21:32:29 <MonkeyBomb> A million tasty things flash through Ace's mind.
Feb 18 21:33:03 <Echo> "Hang onto it."
Feb 18 21:33:17 <Puppetmaster> Several hundred ways to kill any particular person around her flash through Lilin's mind.
Feb 18 21:33:26 <Echo> Ashburton's "troops" start filing out of the facility, weapons slung.
Feb 18 21:33:39 <Maddy> "Okidoki."
Feb 18 21:33:47 <MonkeyBomb> Could this possibly be the biggest false alarm in history? Brock hoeps.
Feb 18 21:33:47 <MonkeyBomb> *hopes
Feb 18 21:34:16 <Echo> "We're gonna keep a couple guys here. See if we can keep it running."
Feb 18 21:34:32 <WalrusKing> Ilya stretches and yawns. "Is there problem with keeping running?"
Feb 18 21:36:40 <Echo> "What?"
Feb 18 21:37:42 <WalrusKing> Ilya looks momentarily confused. "Oh, sorry. You say 'see if can keep running' and I thought you mean there is problem."
Feb 18 21:38:05 <Echo> "No. Maintain it. Make sure it doesn't shut down."
Feb 18 21:38:28 <WalrusKing> "Ah. Sorry for misunderstanding."
Feb 18 21:38:50 <Maddy> Jani nods a few times.
Feb 18 21:38:55 <Gara> John nods.
Feb 18 21:38:59 <Echo> Reeves nods. "Your end of the bargain's done. You're clear to leave."
Feb 18 21:39:39 <MonkeyBomb> "Alright, sounds good."
Feb 18 21:39:50 <MonkeyBomb> He gives this Reeves character a thumbs up.
Feb 18 21:40:21 <WalrusKing> "Alright."
Feb 18 21:41:28 <Maddy> "Cool, how long do you think it'll take for thewater to be on?"
Feb 18 21:41:34 <MonkeyBomb> Brock gets Ace back on the truck.
Feb 18 21:42:25 <Echo> "If I had to guess, I'd say it'd be pumping through within the hour."
Feb 18 21:43:21 <WalrusKing> Ilya leans on the truck, waits for everybody to get settled. "Good news."
Feb 18 21:43:45 <Echo> Mitchell's sitting in the back already, rubbing the side of his head.
Feb 18 21:44:35 <Maddy> "Thanks a lot, cuz. E noho rā."
Feb 18 21:44:41 <Echo> As the crew mounts up…
Feb 18 21:44:45 <Echo> Perception.
Feb 18 21:44:46 <Puppetmaster> "… We're /not/ dead."
Feb 18 21:44:55 <Puppetmaster> 4df+3 Jinxed it.
Feb 18 21:44:56 <WalrusKing> 4df+2+2 tagging meh
Feb 18 21:44:56 <CROM> Puppetmaster: Jinxed it.: 3 (4df+3=-, 0, 0, +)
Feb 18 21:44:56 <CROM> WalrusKing: tagging meh: 3 (4df+2+2=-, 0, +, -)
Feb 18 21:44:58 <Echo> "Why would we be dead?"
Feb 18 21:45:01 <Maddy> 4df+5 micromania
Feb 18 21:45:02 <CROM> Maddy: micromania: 6 (4df+5=0, +, -, +)
Feb 18 21:45:03 <Tox> 4df+3 ffffack
Feb 18 21:45:04 <CROM> Tox: ffffack: 2 (4df+3=-, 0, -, +)
Feb 18 21:45:06 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3 Nothing to tag
Feb 18 21:45:07 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: Nothing to tag: 6 (4df+3=+, 0, +, +)
Feb 18 21:45:08 <Gara> 4df+5 I tag. What is love, CROM? Don't hurt me. No more.
Feb 18 21:45:09 <CROM> Gara: I tag. What is love, CROM? Don't hurt me. No more.: 7 (4df+5=+, 0, 0, +)
Feb 18 21:45:09 <MonkeyBomb> Hah
Feb 18 21:45:17 <Echo> Oh snap.
Feb 18 21:45:20 <Echo> Pause.
Feb 18 21:52:24 <Echo> Go.
Feb 18 21:52:24 <Echo> Fuck.
Feb 18 21:52:32 <Gara> John /points/
Feb 18 21:52:42 <Gara> "I saw something move infront of the light."
Feb 18 21:52:50 <MonkeyBomb> "…"
Feb 18 21:52:54 <Tox> "Where?" Cana looks.
Feb 18 21:52:56 <WalrusKing> "Hm?" Ilya squints in that direction.
Feb 18 21:53:06 <Echo> Where's John pointing?
Feb 18 21:53:18 <Gara> At the lights.
Feb 18 21:53:21 <Gara> Top of the building.
Feb 18 21:53:31 <Maddy> "I did to, i think, but just for a sec. Maybe it was an albatross."
Feb 18 21:53:46 <Maddy> "We heard them our first trip out here."
Feb 18 21:53:55 <MonkeyBomb> Ace wags his tail.
Feb 18 21:54:09 <Tox> Cana narrows his eyes. "I don't like unexplained shadows and noises."
Feb 18 21:54:51 <Puppetmaster> "… Unexplained shadows?"
Feb 18 21:55:01 <Puppetmaster> Lilin's breathing gets a little faster.
Feb 18 21:55:11 <Maddy> "It's probably just a bird guys."
Feb 18 21:55:19 * Gara TheCount
Feb 18 21:55:21 <WalrusKing> "I don't see anything." Ilya looks over to Reeves.
Feb 18 21:55:23 <Tox> "…still don't trust it."
Feb 18 21:55:24 <MonkeyBomb> "Well, whatever. The plant's their problem now. Let's just get out of here."
Feb 18 21:55:24 * Gara is now known as TheCount
Feb 18 21:55:25 <Echo> A high-pitched squealing noise can be heard from the top of the plant.
Feb 18 21:55:31 <TheCount> "It's /never/ just a bird."
Feb 18 21:55:35 <MonkeyBomb> "Annnnnnd, nevermind."
Feb 18 21:55:36 <Tox> Cana's hairs go up again.
Feb 18 21:55:46 <Tox> "/That's/ not…a good sound, is it."
Feb 18 21:55:49 <MonkeyBomb> Ace's ears perk up.
Feb 18 21:55:49 <Puppetmaster> Lilin's hand is on her bow.
Feb 18 21:55:51 <WalrusKing> What sort of squeeling we talkin'?
Feb 18 21:55:57 <Echo> The sound wavers and trills, followed by a few sharp chirps.
Feb 18 21:56:23 <Tox> Is it distinct enough to maybe be recognizable as a call?
Feb 18 21:56:36 <WalrusKing> Ilya's grip on his staff shifts. He looks to Reeves. "Perhaps you may have men point some gun this way?"
Feb 18 21:56:43 <Echo> And then something swoops down to land in the midst of the parked trucks.
Feb 18 21:56:53 <Echo> It's an albatross.
Feb 18 21:56:53 <Puppetmaster> Lilin's bow is the fuck out.
Feb 18 21:56:56 <Maddy> "See."
Feb 18 21:57:01 <Maddy> "Albatross."
Feb 18 21:57:01 <Puppetmaster> … And then back away.
Feb 18 21:57:05 <MonkeyBomb> "Mmm."
Feb 18 21:57:08 <TheCount> "Fuckin a."
Feb 18 21:57:15 <Maddy> "I do bird calls in my spair time, guys."
Feb 18 21:57:18 <Tox> Cana swallows. "Fuck."
Feb 18 21:57:20 <Puppetmaster> "… Or Taniwha, but I digress."
Feb 18 21:57:21 <Maddy> "Well, did."
Feb 18 21:57:35 <TheCount> "Why'd it fly down here?"
Feb 18 21:57:41 <MonkeyBomb> Ace is happy to see bird!
Feb 18 21:57:44 <WalrusKing> "Dogs do not fly." He looks at Ace. "Do they, my furry friend."
Feb 18 21:57:50 <TheCount> John does not trust the bird.
Feb 18 21:57:55 <TheCount> That bird might be a communist.
Feb 18 21:58:17 <Puppetmaster> A communazi.
Feb 18 21:58:20 <Echo> Moments later, the trilling picks back up.
Feb 18 21:58:24 <Echo> It's not the bird.
Feb 18 21:58:31 <Puppetmaster> Bow back out.
Feb 18 21:58:41 <TheCount> "See? Something else out there."
Feb 18 21:58:43 <Puppetmaster> "And what the fuck is /that/ bird."
Feb 18 21:58:45 <Tox> Cana's hand settles on the grip of his pistol.
Feb 18 21:58:54 <MonkeyBomb> "Is that even a bird?" He looks at Jani.
Feb 18 21:59:03 <Tox> He's looking around to try and fix a direction for the call.
Feb 18 21:59:08 <Maddy> She shrugs. "Let's just go get Renee and go home and have baths."
Feb 18 21:59:08 <Echo> Without warning, a six-foot-long monstrosity of an insect slams down into the concrete on top of the bird, snatching it between two dagger-like forelimbs, stuffs it into its mouth, and screams at Lilin.
Feb 18 21:59:38 <Maddy> "REEVES."
Feb 18 21:59:42 <Puppetmaster> 4df+4 Uh huh, about that. There's an arrow in your eye.
Feb 18 21:59:43 <CROM> Puppetmaster: Uh huh, about that. There's an arrow in your eye.: 5 (4df+4=0, +, -, +)
Feb 18 21:59:48 <MonkeyBomb> Brock stares, frozen. "Greaaaat."
Feb 18 21:59:51 <WalrusKing> Ilya moves to combat ready mode immediately. He stands ready, but doesn't move in towards it, staying near the people out of the car.
Feb 18 21:59:58 <Echo> Its wings flare out, iridescent scales flashing in the light, and it lunges right at her.
Feb 18 22:00:07 <Puppetmaster> "YOUBITCH!"
Feb 18 22:00:10 <Echo> 4df+4
Feb 18 22:00:10 <CROM> Echo: 6 (4df+4=0, +, 0, +)
Feb 18 22:00:11 <TheCount> John lets loose rounds at the thing, trying to hit it's wings.
Feb 18 22:00:24 <WalrusKing> Can Ilya use his power to soak that hit?
Feb 18 22:00:40 <Tox> Cana yanks his pistol clear of his holster and pulls it around to face the terrorbeast.
Feb 18 22:00:43 <Echo> The arrow slams into its "face," sticking in, but it doesn't look like it cares.
Feb 18 22:00:57 <Echo> 4df+5 Its forelimbs arc up…
Feb 18 22:00:57 <CROM> Echo: Its forelimbs arc up…: 2 (4df+5=-, -, 0, -)
Feb 18 22:01:08 <Puppetmaster> 5df+4 About that. No.
Feb 18 22:01:09 <CROM> Puppetmaster: About that. No.: 1 (5df+4=-, 0, 0, -, -)
Feb 18 22:01:14 <Echo> WalrusKing: You may, on this.
Feb 18 22:01:14 <Maddy> What a shitty bu- oh
Feb 18 22:01:15 <Puppetmaster> Fuck.
Feb 18 22:01:17 <Puppetmaster> You.
Feb 18 22:01:19 <Maddy> oh
Feb 18 22:01:20 <Puppetmaster> Wait.
Feb 18 22:01:21 <Maddy> …oh
Feb 18 22:01:24 <Puppetmaster> 4df+4 MY BAD
Feb 18 22:01:24 <CROM> Puppetmaster: MY BAD: 6 (4df+4=+, -, +, +)
Feb 18 22:01:45 <WalrusKing> 4df+7 BOOM
Feb 18 22:01:45 <CROM> WalrusKing: BOOM: 9 (4df+7=+, -, +, +)
Feb 18 22:02:21 <Echo> 4df+4
Feb 18 22:02:22 <CROM> Echo: 7 (4df+4=0, +, +, +)
Feb 18 22:02:28 <Tox> roll to shoot the thing in its facehole?
Feb 18 22:02:30 <Echo> Call it, Ilya.
Feb 18 22:03:03 <Echo> Reeves' pistol is out, and a dozen submachine guns are aimed in on the thing… but no one's really keen on firing with dozens of people standing about.
Feb 18 22:03:25 <TheCount> John is going to be trying to /get out/ of the truck, for now.
Feb 18 22:03:27 <MonkeyBomb> Thank you.
Feb 18 22:04:07 <Tox> Does it look sapient at all? Cana's ability needs a mind to touch, after all.
Feb 18 22:04:15 <Puppetmaster> Lilin's going to get the fuck down into the bed of the truck and use her foot to draw the bow.
Feb 18 22:04:33 <Maddy> Jani crunches down in the drivers sea
Feb 18 22:04:49 <Echo> It's not very sapient-looking, Cana.
Feb 18 22:05:02 <WalrusKing> Ilya comes hurtling out of nowhere, moving power swing right into its head with his staff. He grunts as his hit connects.
Feb 18 22:05:11 <MonkeyBomb> Brock, during this time, has unslung his rifle, but hesitates using it since, like, CROM could be evil and cause friendly fire and whatnot.
Feb 18 22:05:11 <Echo> This chitin-covered, spike-wreathed monstrosity is the opposite of sapient.
Feb 18 22:05:18 <Tox> racist.
Feb 18 22:06:00 <Echo> The thing's head splits open as the staff connects, shattering chitin and crumpling it. It wheels about to face its attacker.
Feb 18 22:06:03 <Echo> Spending an AP
Feb 18 22:06:25 <Echo> 4df+5 It springs off its back four legs, wings flashing, on a collision course with Ilya.
Feb 18 22:06:26 <CROM> Echo: It springs off its back four legs, wings flashing, on a collision course with Ilya.: 3 (4df+5=-, -, -, +)
Feb 18 22:06:29 <Echo> …
Feb 18 22:06:30 <MonkeyBomb> Ace growls.
Feb 18 22:06:46 <WalrusKing> 4df+4 fancy footwork
Feb 18 22:06:46 <CROM> WalrusKing: fancy footwork: 5 (4df+4=+, +, -, 0)
Feb 18 22:07:18 <Tox> 4df+3 Perception to Ranged maneuver, Cana steadies his aim on the creature…
Feb 18 22:07:18 <CROM> Tox: Perception to Ranged maneuver, Cana steadies his aim on the creature…: 7 (4df+3=+, +, +, +)
Feb 18 22:07:21 <Echo> It charges past him, slamming into the side of the flatbed, and sending Jani plonking over against the other side.
Feb 18 22:07:30 <Echo> 4df+4
Feb 18 22:07:31 <CROM> Echo: 5 (4df+4=0, +, 0, 0)
Feb 18 22:07:59 <Echo> It's not much of a dancer at the moment, shaking its wounded head about after colliding with the truck, apparently stunned.
Feb 18 22:08:02 <Echo> Call it, Cana
Feb 18 22:08:18 <Tox> Oh that was a Maneuver. How should I call that?
Feb 18 22:08:32 <TheCount> Has John cleared out of the truck?
Feb 18 22:08:42 <Echo> Yep
Feb 18 22:08:58 <TheCount> Great, he turns to fire on the thing.
Feb 18 22:09:11 <TheCount> 4df+3 Gunshots! Ring out like a bell.
Feb 18 22:09:11 <CROM> TheCount: Gunshots! Ring out like a bell.: 5 (4df+3=+, +, 0, 0)
Feb 18 22:09:45 <Echo> 4df+4 All you hear is shells fallin', on the concrete real fast.
Feb 18 22:09:46 <CROM> Echo: All you hear is shells fallin', on the concrete real fast.: 5 (4df+4=0, 0, +, 0)
Feb 18 22:09:57 <Maddy> Jani continues to hide
Feb 18 22:10:19 <MonkeyBomb> Brock waits, gun at the ready.
Feb 18 22:10:29 <Puppetmaster> Lilin pulls her knife and waits for her turn.
Feb 18 22:10:37 <Echo> 4df+5 The rounds slam into the thing's sides at close range. It flails at the truck for a moment until the gunfire picks up, and then rounds about on John, all spikes and daggers.
Feb 18 22:10:38 <CROM> Echo: The rounds slam into the thing's sides at close range. It flails at the truck for a moment until the gunfire picks up, and then rounds about on John, all spikes and daggers.: 5 (4df+5=-, 0, +, 0)
Feb 18 22:11:08 <TheCount> 4df+1 I'm not good at this "not dying" part.
Feb 18 22:11:08 <CROM> TheCount: I'm not good at this "not dying" part.: 4 (4df+1=+, 0, +, +)
Feb 18 22:11:16 <MonkeyBomb> …
Feb 18 22:12:21 <Echo> He's really not. One of the serrated forelimbs pierces through his lower left arm, the right through the side of his stomach. He's got about 600 pounds of pissed-off bug on top of him. -4 body.
Feb 18 22:12:27 <TheCount> OH SHIT
Feb 18 22:13:07 <Puppetmaster> Lilin stands up in the bed of the truck, bow drawn, eyes burning.
Feb 18 22:13:19 <Echo> Lilin. Your move.
Feb 18 22:13:49 <Puppetmaster> Lilin gets that single moment of clarity, just because she's at that point of NO ONE fucks with her friends.
Feb 18 22:13:57 <Puppetmaster> 4df+6 Tagging Stay Frosty.
Feb 18 22:13:58 <CROM> Puppetmaster: Tagging Stay Frosty.: 7 (4df+6=+, -, +, 0)
Feb 18 22:14:29 <Echo> 4df+4 ???
Feb 18 22:14:30 <CROM> Echo: ???: 7 (4df+4=0, +, +, +)
Feb 18 22:14:45 <Puppetmaster> Are you shitting me.
Feb 18 22:14:58 <MonkeyBomb> CROM says yes.
Feb 18 22:15:07 <Echo> Another arrow slams into the thing without effect. It looks over at her, barks out a screech, and goes back to its quarry.
Feb 18 22:15:10 <Echo> Spending AP
Feb 18 22:15:18 <Echo> John…
Feb 18 22:15:21 <Echo> Roll defense.
Feb 18 22:15:33 <TheCount> 4df+1 Is that God?
Feb 18 22:15:34 <CROM> TheCount: Is that God?: 4 (4df+1=0, +, +, +)
Feb 18 22:15:43 <Echo> 4df+5
Feb 18 22:15:43 <CROM> Echo: 5 (4df+5=-, 0, +, 0)
Feb 18 22:15:56 <Echo> Spending last AP.
Feb 18 22:16:02 <MonkeyBomb> Brock is ready to spring into action whenever it's his turn. Oh, and I guess so is Ace.
Feb 18 22:16:33 <Echo> It springs up off of John and into the air, hovering for a moment, six long legs hanging down beneath it.
Feb 18 22:17:02 <Echo> Brock
Feb 18 22:17:02 <Echo> Go
Feb 18 22:17:34 <MonkeyBomb> Brock swings the rifle around, aiming down the sight at the monstrosity. Jesus Christ, he'd better not miss this…
Feb 18 22:17:38 <Echo> John… your left arm and stomach feel… numb.
Feb 18 22:17:58 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+5 Taggin Hunter: He takes a breath, and gently squeezes the trigger as he exhales.
Feb 18 22:17:59 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: Taggin Hunter: He takes a breath, and gently squeezes the trigger as he exhales.: 3 (4df+5=0, -, -, 0)
Feb 18 22:18:08 <MonkeyBomb> Goddamnit, CROM you monster.
Feb 18 22:18:26 <Echo> 4df+4
Feb 18 22:18:27 <CROM> Echo: 1 (4df+4=-, -, -, 0)
Feb 18 22:18:33 <MonkeyBomb> …
Feb 18 22:19:35 <Echo> Just as Brock fires, a dozen of the SWAT guys light it up. Their combined fire catches it on a flank, ripping one of its wings off, and it crashes onto the top of a SWAT van.
Feb 18 22:20:03 <MonkeyBomb> About fucking time they were good for something, Brock thinks…
Feb 18 22:20:16 <Puppetmaster> Lilin hops down and goes to John.
Feb 18 22:20:23 <Echo> Ilya, then Cana…
Feb 18 22:20:27 <Echo> Then John.
Feb 18 22:20:40 <Echo> 5 Turns Remain.
Feb 18 22:20:44 <TheCount> …
Feb 18 22:20:51 <WalrusKing> Is the thing still alive?
Feb 18 22:21:23 <Puppetmaster> Lilin's going to interpose herself between the wasp fuck and John.
Feb 18 22:21:33 <Echo> The thing is still for a moment, then screeches, loud, ear-piercingly so, damaged "face" aimed straight up into the sky.
Feb 18 22:22:00 <Echo> Flailing one of its wings wildly, it lurched off the side, and starts skittering back toward the group by the truck as soon as it hits the ground.
Feb 18 22:22:33 <WalrusKing> Ilya is going to use his turn to move to John, and ready to defend with his power if it goes in for an attack.
Feb 18 22:22:42 <Echo> John, perception.
Feb 18 22:22:47 <Echo> Cana's up.
Feb 18 22:22:49 <TheCount> 4df+3 Is… is that god?
Feb 18 22:22:50 <CROM> TheCount: Is… is that god?: 3 (4df+3=+, 0, 0, -)
Feb 18 22:23:15 <MonkeyBomb> Ace has been growling and barking furiously this whole time.
Feb 18 22:23:39 * TheCount is now known as Gara
Feb 18 22:24:14 <Tox> Cana does not aim with his gun. He who aims with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. John is in obvious pain, out of the fight. Cana aims with his eye. Time seems to slow as Cana draws on the monster.
Feb 18 22:24:14 <Tox> Cana does not shoot with his hand, which tightens on the trigger. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. Cana shoots with his mind. "I do not kill with my gun," he murmurs softly. "He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father." His finger trips the trigger, eye and mind and hand and gun all working together.
Feb 18 22:24:16 <Tox> 4df+5 "I kill with my heart, motherfucker."
Feb 18 22:24:16 <CROM> Tox: "I kill with my heart, motherfucker.": 5 (4df+5=0, +, -, 0)
Feb 18 22:24:31 <Echo> 4df+4
Feb 18 22:24:32 <CROM> Echo: 3 (4df+4=+, -, -, 0)
Feb 18 22:25:01 <Echo> His rounds strike it pretty clean, knocking more of its face off, and it sort of crumples by the truck.
Feb 18 22:25:07 <Gara> John continues to die when you are being poetic.
Feb 18 22:25:54 <MonkeyBomb> Ace is /still/ a dog, so all is not lost.
Feb 18 22:26:09 <Echo> One dies, but that hardly matters, does it, John.
Feb 18 22:26:35 <Gara> He can fix dead. He can't fix what's wrong with him now.
Feb 18 22:27:09 <Tox> Cana gets off the truck and advances towards John. ~Fuck. I ain't got shit for hellbeast poison.~
Feb 18 22:27:33 <Puppetmaster> Lilin kneels beside John. "John! Fucking stay with me, tell me what I need to do."
Feb 18 22:28:08 <Gara> "Something in me, oh god cut it out oh god…"
Feb 18 22:28:22 <Puppetmaster> Lilin looks for the something in him.
Feb 18 22:28:25 <Puppetmaster> Knife in hand.
Feb 18 22:28:29 <Puppetmaster> She extends the blade.
Feb 18 22:28:41 <Puppetmaster> "Someone hold him!"
Feb 18 22:28:43 <Tox> Cana looks from John to the beast. Any hope of a Paranormal Knowledge check to identify it?
Feb 18 22:28:54 <Echo> Mitchell hops off the back of the truck, and dumps several rounds into its head, then walks a few down its body, muzzle pressed against the thing.
Feb 18 22:29:02 <Echo> Go for it
Feb 18 22:29:03 <Tox> "Got it!" Cana pins John down to the ground.
Feb 18 22:29:17 <MonkeyBomb> Brock is silent.
Feb 18 22:29:29 <Puppetmaster> 4df+3 Perception to check for wherever whatever it was was injected.
Feb 18 22:29:30 <CROM> Puppetmaster: Perception to check for wherever whatever it was was injected.: 0 (4df+3=-, -, -, 0)
Feb 18 22:29:32 <Puppetmaster> FUCK YOU.
Feb 18 22:29:41 <Tox> 4df+4 Tagging I Cut Gym with an AP, 2 left, they're both the same score so w/e
Feb 18 22:29:41 <CROM> Tox: Tagging I Cut Gym with an AP, 2 left, they're both the same score so w/e: 3 (4df+4=0, +, -, -)
Feb 18 22:29:49 <Puppetmaster> "Help me find it fuck I can't find it someone help me find it!"
Feb 18 22:30:13 <WalrusKing> Ilya spends another moment watching the dead wasp, then turns, and investigates what's going on with John.
Feb 18 22:30:31 <WalrusKing> 4df+2+2 tagging
Feb 18 22:30:31 <CROM> WalrusKing: tagging: 3 (4df+2+2=0, +, -, -)
Feb 18 22:30:37 <Echo> Something pulsates just below the skin in his left arm. Jesus, whatever's in there has stretched the skin taut, and you can see something fleshy and yellow through the laceration.
Feb 18 22:30:50 <Echo> The side of his body has the same thing going on… a little deeper.
Feb 18 22:30:58 <Puppetmaster> Do I have to roll to cut the shit out?
Feb 18 22:31:09 <Echo> You do.
Feb 18 22:31:14 <Echo> Medical. Or Melee.
Feb 18 22:31:17 <Tox> "Aw, jesus, that's friggin' sick. He's got it in both place." Cana redoubles his effort to pin John and keep him from moving.
Feb 18 22:31:32 <WalrusKing> Ilya steps back and lets the others do their grisly work. He can't do anything here at the moment. He looks around to see if Reeves is there.
Feb 18 22:32:02 <Puppetmaster> 4df+3 Tagging Ican'trememberitsnamerightnow
Feb 18 22:32:02 <CROM> Puppetmaster: Tagging Ican'trememberitsnamerightnow: 2 (4df+3=0, 0, 0, -)
Feb 18 22:32:04 <Tox> Can Cana add his Trauma roll to Lilin's check to represent talking her through the procedure?
Feb 18 22:32:08 <Puppetmaster> Er.
Feb 18 22:32:09 <Puppetmaster> +5
Feb 18 22:32:11 <Puppetmaster> My bad.
Feb 18 22:32:19 <Tox> or trying to guide her
Feb 18 22:32:21 <Echo> Reroll
Feb 18 22:32:24 <Echo> And yes
Feb 18 22:32:33 <Puppetmaster> 4df+5 This seems like a bad idea.
Feb 18 22:32:34 <CROM> Puppetmaster: This seems like a bad idea.: 7 (4df+5=-, +, +, +)
Feb 18 22:32:38 <Puppetmaster> IT WAS A GOOD IDEA.
Feb 18 22:32:53 <Tox> 4df+1 Cana's attempting to talk Liln through the procedure while holding John down.
Feb 18 22:32:53 <CROM> Tox: Cana's attempting to talk Liln through the procedure while holding John down.: 2 (4df+1=+, +, -, 0)
Feb 18 22:33:21 <Tox> It mainly consists of how to not have John bleed like a stuck pig all over the place.
Feb 18 22:33:29 <MonkeyBomb> Brock stands by, ready to help however he can.
Feb 18 22:33:43 <Puppetmaster> "I fucking know, Cana."
Feb 18 22:34:25 <Puppetmaster> Lilin cuts things out like a beast, except with less of him dying.
Feb 18 22:34:29 <WalrusKing> Is Reeves in visible range?
Feb 18 22:34:35 <Echo> She rather roughly cuts the one out of his arm. The most difficult part was slicing free the tendrils already attaching to tissue.
Feb 18 22:35:01 <Echo> She pulls out a fleshy-looking oval sack about four inches long, and an inch wide.
Feb 18 22:35:02 <MonkeyBomb> Brock watches, horrified, at the procedure. "Jesus…"
Feb 18 22:35:07 <Tox> "Jesus…."
Feb 18 22:35:07 <Echo> Something moves inside of it.
Feb 18 22:35:13 <Puppetmaster> She tosses it aside. "Someone stomp on that. Hard."
Feb 18 22:35:18 <Echo> -1 Body for the rough melee procedure.
Feb 18 22:35:22 <MonkeyBomb> Brock stomps his boot down on it hard.
Feb 18 22:35:29 <MonkeyBomb> Without mercy.
Feb 18 22:35:34 <Gara> That puts me at 1 left.
Feb 18 22:35:35 <MonkeyBomb> And with extreme prejudice.
Feb 18 22:35:44 <Tox> "Easy, John. Easy, okay? It's gonna be okay. Easy…"
Feb 18 22:35:49 <Echo> There's a high-pitched screech as the boot crushes it.
Feb 18 22:36:04 <Puppetmaster> Let me guess, I have to roll again for the other one.
Feb 18 22:36:09 <Tox> "Yeah, take that, you fuck!" Cana calls back at it. "Stay with me, John."
Feb 18 22:36:18 <MonkeyBomb> He grates his boot into the ground, just to make sure it's dead…
Feb 18 22:36:25 <Echo> Mitchell moves over to help hold John still.
Feb 18 22:36:31 <MonkeyBomb> Brock turns back to the grizzly spectacle.
Feb 18 22:36:50 <Gara> He tries to slow his breathing, keeping his eyes open.
Feb 18 22:36:57 <Echo> It's good and dead. Yellow and green fluid leaks from the sack. He can feel something crunching underfoot.
Feb 18 22:37:03 <Puppetmaster> Roll again?
Feb 18 22:37:05 <Tox> "Alright. John, this one's gonna be worse but I can't—look at me, okay, at me."
Feb 18 22:37:08 <Puppetmaster> Or no?
Feb 18 22:37:16 <MonkeyBomb> Brock leads Ace over to John.
Feb 18 22:37:18 <Echo> You can. If you want to get the one out of his stomach.
Feb 18 22:37:43 <Puppetmaster> 4df+5 Tagging the ever-so appropriate Surgical Strike. Last AP. Please don't fuck me. "Might wanna use some of that fucking healing magic, John…"
Feb 18 22:37:43 <CROM> Puppetmaster: Tagging the ever-so appropriate Surgical Strike. Last AP. Please don't fuck me. "Might wanna use some of that fucking healing magic, John…": 7 (4df+5=+, +, 0, 0)
Feb 18 22:37:51 <Tox> "I can't have you jumpin' around and messing up Lilin's work."
Feb 18 22:38:01 <Gara> John looks at him. He's scared, but stays as still as he could get.
Feb 18 22:38:02 <Echo> …
Feb 18 22:38:17 <Echo> John, do you wish to take an action?
Feb 18 22:38:27 <Puppetmaster> Take the action.
Feb 18 22:38:28 <Echo> It could very well be your last one. You know this.
Feb 18 22:38:30 <Puppetmaster> Take that bitch.
Feb 18 22:40:24 <Echo> Jesus, Lilin, there's a LOT more to cut out of this one… one string at a time, so many precious organs so close to the blade of that knife. Not as easy as the arm, for you, or for John.
Feb 18 22:41:13 <Tox> Cana's trying to keep John alert and awake, constantly refocusing his attention to his face.
Feb 18 22:41:26 * PaulS_laptop (natsigryk.ni.evac|46c#natsigryk.ni.evac|46c) has joined #afteractionmission
Feb 18 22:41:26 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to PaulS_laptop
Feb 18 22:41:48 <Puppetmaster> Lilin takes it carefully, trying not to gut him.
Feb 18 22:41:52 <Puppetmaster> That would be Bad.
Feb 18 22:41:54 <MonkeyBomb> Brock is watching, silent on the outside, horrified on the inside. He doesn't want to see John die tonight. Neither does Ace, for that matter.
Feb 18 22:42:03 <WalrusKing> Ilya sighs, stands on watch, watching the skies.
Feb 18 22:42:16 <Puppetmaster> It's more difficult compounded with the fact that her instincts scream at her to cut the arteries.
Feb 18 22:42:16 <Gara> I… Am going to spend for healing. He starts muttering under his breath.
Feb 18 22:42:36 <Echo> There's more blood this time, Lilin. A LOT more.
Feb 18 22:42:40 <Echo> Gara, describe.
Feb 18 22:42:44 <Maddy> Jani wonders why none of the dudes who came with Reeves have like, a med kit or omethng.
Feb 18 22:43:45 <Echo> You've got the last string, Lilin.
Feb 18 22:44:02 <Gara> He mutters under his breath, and wounds slowly start to close. It wouldn't be near enough to /close/ any of the wounds, not fully, not with so much to heal.
Feb 18 22:44:17 <Puppetmaster> Lilin pulls that thing out as soon as she's able.
Feb 18 22:44:19 <Gara> Cana would recognize the latin. It's a prayer.
Feb 18 22:44:43 <Tox> As soon as he recognizes it, Cana joins him.
Feb 18 22:44:43 <Echo> -2 Body, John
Feb 18 22:44:50 <MonkeyBomb> Brock destroys it with his boot just like the first one.
Feb 18 22:45:06 <Echo> That stomach's a lot more difficult to work on for someone so unsure of what they're doing.
Feb 18 22:45:33 <Puppetmaster> Is John /breathing/, though? That's the important part.
Feb 18 22:45:33 <Echo> But it was enough, and John's last action before he dipped into unconsciousness was enough.
Feb 18 22:45:45 <Puppetmaster> "Oh fuck thank /fuck/."
Feb 18 22:46:00 <MonkeyBomb> Brock just shakes his head sadly.
Feb 18 22:46:26 <Tox> Cana finishes the prayer by himself, after John passes out.
Feb 18 22:46:32 <Echo> The doctor does appear to be breathing, and the flow of blood out of his body is slacking.
Feb 18 22:46:37 <Maddy> "Does anyone have a fucking med kit? Seriously?" she looks at the Ashburton people.
Feb 18 22:46:43 <Puppetmaster> Lilin walks away, wiping her knife, shaking, then just leans on the truck and puts her head down.
Feb 18 22:46:53 <WalrusKing> "Is he still among us living?" Ilya quietly asks.
Feb 18 22:47:15 <MonkeyBomb> Ace watches John curiously. The dog just sits there, watching.
Feb 18 22:47:20 <Tox> "…in nomine Patris, et Filli, et Spiritus Sancti, amen."
Feb 18 22:47:21 <Echo> About that time, a couple of them rush over, one vaulting over the body of the dead hellfly, and the two hoist him up off the asphalt.
Feb 18 22:47:48 <Echo> He's carried into the back of a SWAT van, and the doors shut.
Feb 18 22:48:21 <Tox> Cana stands up.
Feb 18 22:48:21 <MonkeyBomb> The dog watches them carry John away.
Feb 18 22:48:45 <Echo> Reeves is standing not far away, running a hand over his head as if he was trying to push it through his hair. His other hand goes up. "Get his has out of here! Back to town!"
Feb 18 22:48:47 <Tox> "I believe he lives still, Ilya."
Feb 18 22:48:47 <MonkeyBomb> Brock finally takes the time to glance down at the spattered remains of whatever the hell was /in/ John.
Feb 18 22:49:53 <WalrusKing> Ilya lets out half a breath. "I think, my friends, it is time to pick up arms and raise the alarm. I have not seen these before, but where one insect goes others follow."
Feb 18 22:50:34 <Echo> Reeves turns to look back at the thing that assaulted the group, and taps his earbud. «APD Home, this is SWAT-One, we've got a couple vehicles on the way back, and we need the trauma room prepped and ready. One civilian, critical, injuries to the lower abdomen and left arm.»
Feb 18 22:50:47 <Maddy> "He's one of our doctors…"
Feb 18 22:51:14 <Maddy> "What do we do now?"
Feb 18 22:51:18 <MonkeyBomb> "What is this? Like, a fucking eggsack?" Brock nudges the guts around with his boot.
Feb 18 22:51:54 <Tox> "Probably. There are…many species that implant their young in others."
Feb 18 22:52:05 <MonkeyBomb> "Jesus Christ." He shudders.
Feb 18 22:52:25 <Echo> Reeves looks over to the others. "If you people wanna follow us in, I'll have you cleared. We're gonna treat him in town. But we need to do it now, if we're going."
Feb 18 22:52:45 <Echo> He starts for his vehicle, and jumps in, some of the others already rolling off, including the one bearing John.
Feb 18 22:52:45 <Tox> "Right. Let's pack it up."
Feb 18 22:52:52 <WalrusKing> "Someone should head back to our people, to prepare. I can do this if you wish."
Feb 18 22:54:13 <Echo> Mitchell pumps another round into the thing's head. No sense in not making sure. "We only got the one truck."
Feb 18 22:54:35 <Echo> "Our place an' their place is in opposite directions. Unless we just dropped ya off at the bridge."
Feb 18 22:54:56 <Maddy> "Wait, We need to get one more person we left at the place we met you."
Feb 18 22:55:13 <WalrusKing> "Then do this. I will make haste, and go quickly."
Feb 18 22:55:24 <WalrusKing> Ilya says to Mitchell.
Feb 18 22:55:25 <Echo> "… Renee."
Feb 18 22:55:53 <Echo> Mitchell runs and clambers up into the back of the truck, and starts slapping the top of the cab. "Well shit then, let's go."
Feb 18 22:56:04 <MonkeyBomb> Brock piles on, along with Ace.
Feb 18 22:56:05 <Tox> Cana gets onto the flatbed.
Feb 18 22:56:09 <Maddy> "Yeah, we can get her, drop Ilya and her and her fish at the bridge." she starts the truck.
Feb 18 22:56:45 <WalrusKing> Ilya jumps in. "Someone should always watch the sky."
Feb 18 22:57:07 <Maddy> Did Reeves hear Jani say ney need to pick up someone?
Feb 18 22:57:07 <Echo> "Yeah, I got it."
Feb 18 22:57:12 <Tox> "Good idea." Cana's on that, reloading his magazine with a loose round.
Feb 18 22:57:24 <Echo> Probably not, but she's got the radio.
Feb 18 22:57:43 <MonkeyBomb> He glances at the monster's carcass. "Yeah… Where the hell did that thing come from? Shit like that doesn't just *appear* randomly; it has to have a nest, or something."
Feb 18 22:58:28 <MonkeyBomb> "Or a hive, or whatever the fuck it's called."
Feb 18 22:58:40 <Maddy> «Reeves? It's Jani, we had someone gathering fish while we were with you we need to pick her up, drop her at th bridge then follow you, is that ok?»
Feb 18 23:00:59 <Echo> Another voice comes in before Reeves can respond. «I copy that. You're going to be coming in behind us. The truck carrying your man's about ten minutes out.»
Feb 18 23:01:34 <Maddy> «Alright.» Jani goes where they need to go I guess.
Feb 18 23:03:13 <Puppetmaster> Lilin follows. Her eyes are a… bit… red?
Feb 18 23:03:22 <Echo> Renee's picked up!
Feb 18 23:03:35 <Maddy> She has a laundry bag full of fish and clams
Feb 18 23:03:58 <Echo> As the truck jounces down the road, Mitchell gives Lilin's shoulder a squeeze. "Shoulda been a Corpsman."
Feb 18 23:05:13 <Puppetmaster> She steadily controls her breathing. "… Thanks."
Feb 18 23:05:33 <WalrusKing> Ilya has his eyes on the sky. He pats Lilin on the shoulder. "It is alright."
Feb 18 23:05:47 <Puppetmaster> "Yeah. It is."
Feb 18 23:05:52 <Echo> It doesn't take long to reach the bridge.
Feb 18 23:05:55 <MonkeyBomb> "You did good, Lil."
Feb 18 23:05:59 <Puppetmaster> "… I need a gun. When we can spare one. Bow did nothing."
Feb 18 23:06:03 <Puppetmaster> She's back to business.
Feb 18 23:07:09 <Echo> "Yeah, we'll get some."
Feb 18 23:07:19 <Maddy> Ilya and Renee+fish get dropped off I assum.
Feb 18 23:07:29 <MonkeyBomb> "That was one *nasty* fucker."
Feb 18 23:07:40 <WalrusKing> "We may need something bigger yet if nuclear weapon needed to kill nest."
Feb 18 23:07:48 <WalrusKing> Are they dropped?
Feb 18 23:08:05 <Echo> "Nah, they die just fine. They just use those to keep 'em from gettin' away."
Feb 18 23:08:18 <Echo> Yep!
Feb 18 23:08:37 <Echo> Ilya and Renee (and her fish) are left to go back to #afteraction !
Feb 18 23:10:03 <Echo> For the rest that are left… Ashburton awaits your arrival.
Feb 18 23:10:21 <Maddy> Vroom vroom Jan goes
Feb 18 23:10:38 <Puppetmaster> Lilin controls her emotions as the truck goes along. Extremely passive.
Feb 18 23:11:07 <MonkeyBomb> Brock doesn't speak again until they arrive. Ace, of course, doesn't speak at all.
Feb 18 23:11:25 <Puppetmaster> Or else DEFCON 3.
Feb 18 23:13:29 <Echo> She clears the obstacles just fine, with no one coming out to impede their progress. The inner gate they were taken through last time is open as well.
Feb 18 23:14:12 <Echo> They pass by a few dreary blocks with nothing and no one moving on them, but there are lights ahead. Occasionally, the truck passes by a few people in uniform carrying weapons.
Feb 18 23:16:34 <Echo> As they get closer to the center, they start driving past elevated guard posts built on top of houses and buildings, illuminated storefronts…
Feb 18 23:16:47 <Echo> Jani, there's a SWAT van dead ahead. Someone's standing by it, flagging you down.
Feb 18 23:17:05 <Maddy> Jani slows down and pulls over.
Feb 18 23:20:42 <Echo> Reeves points ahead in the direction the truck's facing. "You're gonna want to go through the next two intersections, and then cut a right. Keep goin' until you see the precinct house. We got the trauma center set up not too far away. You can't miss the station. Just get there, and we'll get you inside."
Feb 18 23:21:19 <Maddy> "Ok." she does that.
Feb 18 23:26:44 <Echo> They reach the station, and are escorted inside by armed guards. They're not disarmed this time. The group is taken to a waiting room, and left there.
Feb 18 23:27:41 <Puppetmaster> Lilin paces.
Feb 18 23:28:52 <MonkeyBomb> Brock stands, arms crossed.
Feb 18 23:29:13 <Maddy> Jani is laying across a couple chairs staring at the ceiling.
Feb 18 23:29:23 <Puppetmaster> She, despite what the pacing suggest, seems the pinnacle of calm.
Feb 18 23:30:59 <MonkeyBomb> Ace badly wants to pee on things inside the station.
Feb 18 23:33:57 * Echo has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Feb 19 00:15:13 * MonkeyBomb has quit (Connection reset by peer)
Feb 19 00:15:29 * MonkeyBomb (desaelp.si.eg|d.eht#desaelp.si.eg|d.eht) has joined #afteractionmission
Feb 19 00:25:33 * Echo (siht.rofdeks|reveni#siht.rofdeks|reveni) has joined #afteractionmission
Feb 19 00:25:34 * ChanServ sets mode +q #afteractionmission Echo
Feb 19 00:25:34 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Echo
Feb 19 00:26:23 <Echo> Mitchell leans against the wall in the waiting room.
Feb 19 00:27:02 <Puppetmaster> Lilin walks up to whoever looks closest to in charge in the room.
Feb 19 00:27:24 <MonkeyBomb> Brock is still silently mulling things over.
Feb 19 00:27:53 <Puppetmaster> Is there one?
Feb 19 00:27:57 <Puppetmaster> A receptionist-type?
Feb 19 00:28:04 <Echo> No one's in there but them.
Feb 19 00:28:14 <Puppetmaster> Then she continues to pace.
Feb 19 00:28:28 <Maddy> Jani whistles.
Feb 19 00:31:06 <MonkeyBomb> Ace is laying on the floor, utterly exhausted.
Feb 19 00:32:01 <Echo> A uniformed cop opens the door and steps inside. "Hey. Hello there."
Feb 19 00:32:40 <Puppetmaster> "Do we get to see him."
Feb 19 00:32:47 <Puppetmaster> She doesn't stop pacing.
Feb 19 00:36:18 <Echo> "He's stable. And satisfactory. He, uh, the doctors working on him reported that most of the injury was done to soft tissue. Lot of blood loss, but, um, other than that, damage was mostly to soft tissue. No real internal injuries." He pulls a paper out of his pocket and looks it over. "They actually spent most of their time pulls out some, uhhhh…"
Feb 19 00:36:24 <Echo> "Says here 'tendrils.'"
Feb 19 00:36:50 <Puppetmaster> "The eggs took root." She doesn't elaborate.
Feb 19 00:39:00 <Maddy> "Assuming that's what does are."
Feb 19 00:39:53 <Puppetmaster> "They had things inside them."
Feb 19 00:40:01 <Puppetmaster> "They're eggs."
Feb 19 00:40:15 <Puppetmaster> "Plus, that's how wasps lay their eggs anyway."
Feb 19 00:42:01 <Echo> "They're finishing up with some sutures right now, but… I think they indicated he'd be ready for transport tomorrow. They've started a course of antibiotics, and we can make some of that available before you leave tomorrow."
Feb 19 00:42:18 <Maddy> "Awesome."
Feb 19 00:42:24 <Echo> He looks around. "Diiiid you intend to stay overnight?"
Feb 19 00:43:20 <Maddy> Jani lets other people decide that.
Feb 19 00:45:14 <Echo> Mitchell glances around, finally settling his gaze on Lilin. "We spendin' the night?"
Feb 19 00:45:25 <MonkeyBomb> He shrugs. "Might as well. I don't think it'd be fair to leave John here without some friendly faces to keep him company."
Feb 19 00:45:28 <Puppetmaster> "… Yes."
Feb 19 00:48:29 <Echo> "In that case…" The cop steps back out of the room and into the hallway, pointing off to his right. "There's showers down that way, we got a laundry room in back, by the lockers, annnnnnnd… the cells are open past that, if you don't mind cots and thin mattresses. About the only other people that'll be around are the night watch."
Feb 19 00:49:14 <MonkeyBomb> "Thanks."
Feb 19 00:49:38 <Puppetmaster> "…………………. Thanks."
Feb 19 00:49:52 <Puppetmaster> Lilin walks by and heads /straight/ to the showers.
Feb 19 00:49:57 <Echo> The guy claps his hands together and looks around. "If that's all… we've got a receiving area out front. Should be an officer out there."
Feb 19 00:52:24 <Puppetmaster> Lilin leaves no evidence of her passing but a small, neat pile of clothing and water running from the nearest shower.
Feb 19 00:54:24 <MonkeyBomb> Brock leans down and pets Ace. The dog lazily swishes his tail back and forth across the floor. "It was only a matter of time before we ended up in jail, bud. Our life of crime is over."
Feb 19 00:54:55 <Puppetmaster> It's funny because he was a bandit and robbed a lot of people!
Feb 19 00:55:04 <Puppetmaster> Probably killed some of them!
Feb 19 00:55:11 <MonkeyBomb> Probably!
Feb 19 00:55:30 <Maddy> Jani has a shower or somthing, hoping they can leave kinda early in the morning cause she doesnt have her pills with her.
Feb 19 00:56:55 <Puppetmaster> Lilin, giving no fucks, goes naked to the laundry room and puts her clothes in. Anyone who sees her will note scars from several bullet wounds on her torso and arms.
Feb 19 00:59:30 <MonkeyBomb> Brock eventually makes his way to the showers, enjoying running water for the first time in several years. It's insane how dirty you get when you can take regular showers. Ace waits patiently for his master to finish.
Feb 19 00:59:36 <MonkeyBomb> *can't
Feb 19 01:00:26 <MonkeyBomb> Annnnnd shortly after, conveniently misses the nude Lilin by mere minutes, gets some clean clothes, and heads off to find a bunk in one of the cells.
Feb 19 01:01:36 <Puppetmaster> Lilin waits for her clothes to finish washing, watching them go round.
Feb 19 01:01:40 <MonkeyBomb> Ace curls up on the floor, and Brock tries to get comfortable on the cot (not bunk. derp.). The two eventually fall asleep.