Desalination

Jan 06 21:01:45 <WalrusKing> Ilya is ready to go with his staff. He paces back and forth a little.
Jan 06 21:02:16 <Echo> Mitchell wanders off away from the glow of the fire, heading away from the coast and the houses, into the night and ready to keep watch.
Jan 06 21:02:35 <Pemander> Matty returns from the shed, sliding one of the magazines into his handgun and sticking the other in his pack.
Jan 06 21:02:46 <MonkeyBomb> Brock and Ace are ready for action. Brock loads a magazine into the rifle and makes sure the safety is on. Ace wags his tail.
Jan 06 21:02:55 <MereObserver> Samson shoulders his shotgun, waiting for the others to get ready to head out to the farm.
Jan 06 21:03:13 <Maddy> Jani looks at her gun, shrugs and sticks it int he back of her pants.
Jan 06 21:04:27 <Pemander> "I sincerely hope we don't have to use these on another /person/."
Jan 06 21:04:36 * Dr_Kens (~ten.tsewq.citats.aid.74C0EBA1-CRInys|sneK_ehT#ten.tsewq.citats.aid.74C0EBA1-CRInys|sneK_ehT) has joined #afteractionmission
Jan 06 21:05:14 <MereObserver> "The best defense is a good offense."
Jan 06 21:05:34 <Dr_Kens> Maria is all ready with her crossbow and quiver, along with a small first aid kit strapped to her thigh.
Jan 06 21:06:15 <Pemander> "The best defense is the best defense, as I've learned it."
Jan 06 21:06:55 <Pemander> Matthias sticks his sidearm in the back of his pants after putting the safety on.
Jan 06 21:07:29 <MereObserver> Samson does a head count. "Alright, who else is coming? Is this everyone?"
Jan 06 21:07:30 <Dr_Kens> "The best defense is to just be alert. You can't defend against what you don't notice."
Jan 06 21:07:47 * Tehpillowstar (PI.3BC155FE.EA7E8EA2.EF990D96|tibbiM#PI.3BC155FE.EA7E8EA2.EF990D96|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
Jan 06 21:07:54 * Gara (~moc.rr.ser.xtas.205987E5-CRInys|araG#moc.rr.ser.xtas.205987E5-CRInys|araG) has joined #afteractionmission
Jan 06 21:08:21 <Maddy> "I'm ready."
Jan 06 21:08:31 <Echo> Looks like everyone that's going to go is there.
Jan 06 21:08:33 <WalrusKing> "Offense is defense? Defense is defense! you are all being very confusing with your words."
Jan 06 21:08:54 <Pemander> Matty points to Ilya and nods. "Stop being so confusing with your words, Samson."
Jan 06 21:09:06 <Gara> "Yeah, Samson."
Jan 06 21:09:22 <Tehpillowstar> Where is everyone?
Jan 06 21:09:26 <MereObserver> Samson chuckles. "Yeah yeah yeah."
Jan 06 21:09:27 <Maddy> "Lets avoid using idioms too much."
Jan 06 21:09:41 <Maddy> "We have several people who have english as a second language."
Jan 06 21:09:47 <Echo> People are chilling by the fire, ready to head down the beach to the farm.
Jan 06 21:09:55 * Dexanote (retsboldiuqS.susreV.ecafeltruT.dnA.barct|F.woN#retsboldiuqS.susreV.ecafeltruT.dnA.barct|F.woN) has joined #afteractionmission
Jan 06 21:09:55 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Dexanote
Jan 06 21:11:06 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide heads down to the central hearth. "Hey guys."
Jan 06 21:11:11 <Gara> "Hey."
Jan 06 21:11:14 <Dr_Kens> "Heyo"
Jan 06 21:11:22 <Pemander> Matt nods in greeting. "Hey."
Jan 06 21:11:27 <Pemander> "Are you coming with us?"
Jan 06 21:12:16 <Tehpillowstar> "Yeah." Adelaide is carrying a rifle. It seems familiar to her. "You guys got a spare mag or two I can bum off ya?"
Jan 06 21:12:32 <MonkeyBomb> Brock tosses her one of his. "Here. Catch."
Jan 06 21:12:57 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide catches the flying magazine like a pro and loads her weapon. "Thanks."
Jan 06 21:13:08 <Pemander> "I've got a spare nine-millimeter if anyone can use it and doesn't have any ammo at all."
Jan 06 21:13:26 <Gara> John keeps a greedy hold of his ammo, like a miser. He has a glass shiv on him, too.
Jan 06 21:13:50 <Echo> Bitches gonna get shanked.
Jan 06 21:14:06 <Echo> The beach beckons. Figuratively.
Jan 06 21:14:20 <Pemander> "Anyway." He shakes his head. "Everyone ready?"
Jan 06 21:14:26 <Tehpillowstar> "Yeah."
Jan 06 21:14:28 <Pemander> "We should get moving before it gets dark."
Jan 06 21:14:32 <MonkeyBomb> Brock gives a thumbs-up.
Jan 06 21:14:35 <MereObserver> Samson nods. "As I'm gonna be."
Jan 06 21:14:38 <WalrusKing> "Let us go!"
Jan 06 21:14:38 <Gara> Da gangsta doc starts towards the beach
Jan 06 21:14:56 <Pemander> Matthias heads out to start following the beach toward their destination.
Jan 06 21:14:59 <Dr_Kens> Maria walks along, holding her crossbow gently and looking around the night.
Jan 06 21:15:15 <Maddy> Jani stays close and keeps an eye out.
Jan 06 21:15:16 * Tox|Gone is now known as Tox
Jan 06 21:15:33 <WalrusKing> Ilya walks to be near the front of the group, and settles into a good distance pace.
Jan 06 21:15:41 <MereObserver> Samson trends along the beach, shotgun at a constant ready, keeping to the back.
Jan 06 21:15:42 <Maddy> "Oh hey…did anyone bring a flashlight?"
Jan 06 21:16:02 <Tehpillowstar> "No…but I can make one if you want."
Jan 06 21:16:23 <Gara> "Sounds good."
Jan 06 21:16:31 <Pemander> The pastor glances over at Adelaide. "Does that tire you out at all?"
Jan 06 21:16:32 <Pemander> Jan 06 21:16:50 <MonkeyBomb> Brock and Ace walk out along the group's left flank. He's highly doubtful he'll be able to do anything with this gun if it comes down to it. He misses his rifle… Brock looks at Ace. "You're in charge."
Jan 06 21:17:07 <Tehpillowstar> "It does, after a while. I'm not really that good at it."
Jan 06 21:17:18 <Maddy> "Save that or when we get there, I guess."
Jan 06 21:17:22 <Pemander> "We might want to stick to batteries rather than, er, people-energy."
Jan 06 21:17:26 <Pemander> He points to Jani and nods.
Jan 06 21:17:28 <Dr_Kens> "Maybe you should start bringing some energy drinks?" She chuckles softly.
Jan 06 21:18:04 <Tehpillowstar> "I'll be okay. Making lights isn't that bad."
Jan 06 21:18:18 <WalrusKing> Is there a moon out?
Jan 06 21:19:23 <Maddy> Yes. Waxing crescent.
Jan 06 21:19:32 <MereObserver> Samson walks along the shore, quietly keeping to himself.
Jan 06 21:19:50 <Pemander> "It's nice out."
Jan 06 21:19:52 <Echo> It's surprisingly warm out tonight.
Jan 06 21:19:55 <Echo> Humid, too.
Jan 06 21:19:59 <Pemander> Matthias rubs the back of his head and smiles.
Jan 06 21:20:16 <Echo> Looks like whatever craziness had happened with the climate the past week is over and done with.
Jan 06 21:20:44 <Maddy> "Now this is proper New Zealand weather." she smiles, wandering towards the farms.
Jan 06 21:20:54 <Gara> John looks around.
Jan 06 21:21:02 <Echo> They've got about a mile and change to walk. Nice stroll along the beach.
Jan 06 21:21:14 <MonkeyBomb> Ace, seeing as everybody's in travel mode, bounds ahead of the group a bit and sniffs everything.
Jan 06 21:21:23 <WalrusKing> Ilya makes a conscious effort not to hum.
Jan 06 21:21:29 <Echo> John can hear a few albatross somewhere.
Jan 06 21:21:43 * Dexanote_ (~ten.elbacogc.emoh.00353766-CRInys|zttuB#ten.elbacogc.emoh.00353766-CRInys|zttuB) has joined #afteractionmission
Jan 06 21:21:53 <Maddy> Jani make no effort not to whistle.
Jan 06 21:21:58 <Gara> John wonders how edible albatross are.
Jan 06 21:22:02 <Maddy> She's whistling like a champ.
Jan 06 21:22:16 <Pemander> "What a bonding experience this is."
Jan 06 21:22:23 <Pemander> "I feel closer to the lot of you already."
Jan 06 21:22:40 <MereObserver> Samson kicks through the sand with his boots. "A family outing at it's finest."
Jan 06 21:22:45 <WalrusKing> "The scouting is good for the comeraderie I find."
Jan 06 21:22:50 <Maddy> "Yay."
Jan 06 21:23:05 <MonkeyBomb> Brock shakes his head, grinning.
Jan 06 21:23:08 * Dexanote has quit (Ping timeout)
Jan 06 21:23:14 * Dexanote_ is now known as Dexanote
Jan 06 21:23:15 <Gara> "The mutual trust we're building."
Jan 06 21:23:20 <Dr_Kens> "What a bunch of dorks." There's a smile on her face as she says that.
Jan 06 21:24:08 <Gara> "Oh, my heart is broken. Forever shall we be a fragmented group, because of that one big of negativity." he grins.
Jan 06 21:24:12 <Maddy> "Dork is a word for whale penis. Dont' say it around Renee."
Jan 06 21:24:14 <Echo> The walk up the beach takes less time than it feels like. As they approach, they can make out that…. well, it's hard to make out much of anything from down on the beach. The rise and crest of the little seawall keep you from seeing much of anything that's not sandy beachfront.
Jan 06 21:24:25 <Pemander> Matthias raises an eyebrow and looks at Jani. "Really? Is that true?"
Jan 06 21:24:47 <Maddy> "Don't quote me on it, I read it on the internet."
Jan 06 21:24:50 <MereObserver> Samson chuckles. "Whale penis."
Jan 06 21:25:13 <Gara> John walks at it.
Jan 06 21:25:30 <MonkeyBomb> Brock fiddles with his rifle. He lets out a low whistle and Ace returns to his master.
Jan 06 21:25:34 <Dr_Kens> Maria laughs. "That makes it even better."
Jan 06 21:25:38 <Echo> Gonna be a little bit of a climb. It looks like it was graded pretty steeply here.
Jan 06 21:25:48 <Maddy> Jani also starts towards the climb. "Welp."
Jan 06 21:25:57 <Echo> THere's a rise of about two meters or so.
Jan 06 21:26:03 <Pemander> Matthias starts hurrying up the slope, getting on his hands and knees when necessary.
Jan 06 21:26:12 <Pemander> He's not too concerned about looking graceful while doing this.
Jan 06 21:26:14 <MonkeyBomb> Brock positions himself to where he can help anybody up who needs it.
Jan 06 21:26:18 <Echo> As they crest over it… they can see that it's not a farm.
Jan 06 21:26:29 <WalrusKing> Ilya jumps as high as he can and just sort of pulls himself up the rest of the way.
Jan 06 21:26:30 <MereObserver> "Ladies and gentlemen, only way is up." He points at Matthias and Brock. "See, they have the right idea. Let's go!"
Jan 06 21:26:31 <Maddy> "That's no moon."
Jan 06 21:26:32 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Dexanote
Jan 06 21:27:07 <MonkeyBomb> "What?" Brock shoves Ace over the rise and then pulls himself up as well.
Jan 06 21:27:07 <Gara> "That's impossibe, Jani."
Jan 06 21:27:24 <Echo> They come up on the southeast edge of the whole affair. There's not much more than grass between rows of large… they look almost like brackish water holding ponds.
Jan 06 21:27:31 <Dr_Kens> "What are you talking about?"
Jan 06 21:27:43 <Echo> Roads run between them, stretching toward some sort of facility in the distance.
Jan 06 21:27:51 <WalrusKing> Ilya squints at the compound. "Hm. Perhaps not sort of farm you meant after all."
Jan 06 21:27:56 <Echo> Pipes run into each of the little ponds.
Jan 06 21:28:06 <Gara> "Nope. Hm. Weird. I wonder what's in those pipes."
Jan 06 21:28:07 <Pemander> Matthias' brow furrows.
Jan 06 21:28:09 <Echo> ?Anyone with some mechanical engineering
Jan 06 21:28:14 <Pemander> "Did we somehow go the wrong way?"
Jan 06 21:28:16 <Dr_Kens> "Damnit, I should've brought my binoculars." She grumbles.
Jan 06 21:28:24 <Maddy> "No, we jsut assumed wrong."
Jan 06 21:28:34 <MereObserver> Samson climbs the 2 meters up. "Maybe an algae farm."
Jan 06 21:28:41 <MonkeyBomb> Ace walks over to the ponds, thirsty… He sniffs. Brock whistles. "Ace, no." Ace stops and looks at Brock.
Jan 06 21:29:07 <WalrusKing> "Rice maybe?" Ilya walks up to a pond.
Jan 06 21:29:30 <Echo> Hmm. Perception, anyone checking out the ponds.
Jan 06 21:29:34 <Dr_Kens> "I don't think it's rice. We should probably keep away from it, just in case."
Jan 06 21:29:38 <WalrusKing> 4df+2
Jan 06 21:29:39 <CROM> WalrusKing: 1 (4df+2=0, 0, 0, -)
Jan 06 21:29:43 <Dr_Kens> 4df+4 Percep
Jan 06 21:29:43 <CROM> Dr_Kens: Percep: 2 (4df+4=-, 0, -, 0)
Jan 06 21:29:46 <Maddy> 4df+3 Staring.
Jan 06 21:29:47 <CROM> Maddy: Staring.: 1 (4df+3=0, -, -, 0)
Jan 06 21:29:47 <MereObserver> 4df+3 5bucks on an algae farm
Jan 06 21:29:48 <CROM> MereObserver: 5bucks on an algae farm: 4 (4df+3=0, +, -, +)
Jan 06 21:29:50 <Maddy> awww
Jan 06 21:29:57 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3 Eys
Jan 06 21:29:57 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: Eys: 2 (4df+3=-, 0, -, +)
Jan 06 21:30:05 <Gara> 4df+3 And what is /this/!
Jan 06 21:30:05 <CROM> Gara: And what is /this/!: 3 (4df+3=+, -, -, +)
Jan 06 21:30:06 <MonkeyBomb> *Eyes
Jan 06 21:30:18 <Echo> There's no grass growing down around the edges of each of the pools over here.
Jan 06 21:30:29 <Gara> John backs off the pond.
Jan 06 21:30:31 <Pemander> 4df+3 oh percep
Jan 06 21:30:31 <CROM> Pemander: oh percep: 4 (4df+3=-, 0, +, +)
Jan 06 21:30:38 <Pemander> yay
Jan 06 21:30:48 <Maddy> "Well, maybe one of the buildings wil have a sign?"
Jan 06 21:30:50 <Gara> "Okay, well. Lets check this place out."
Jan 06 21:31:09 <Maddy> Jani heads towards the largest building.
Jan 06 21:31:16 <MereObserver> "Let's go see." Samson starts behind Jani.
Jan 06 21:31:18 <Dr_Kens> "Hrm." Maria walks with them, wary of the ponds.
Jan 06 21:31:29 <WalrusKing> Ilya also walks towards the building.
Jan 06 21:31:40 <Gara> Echo, can I roll Life Sciences to see if John has any hunches about that?
Jan 06 21:31:58 <Echo> Sure!
Jan 06 21:32:13 <Gara> 4df+1 The vault opens!
Jan 06 21:32:13 <CROM> Gara: The vault opens!: 0 (4df+1=0, -, +, -)
Jan 06 21:32:22 <MonkeyBomb> Brock and Ace take up the rear. He glances into the pools as they walk by.
Jan 06 21:32:27 <Echo> Wow. Those are certainly a bunch of ponds. You retard.
Jan 06 21:32:30 <Maddy> Shoko comes out of the vault
Jan 06 21:32:35 <Pemander> "Well, lets keep moving I guess."
Jan 06 21:32:45 <Gara> John lost the combination.
Jan 06 21:32:47 <Pemander> "How far along do these things stretch?"
Jan 06 21:33:08 <Pemander> Matthias is with everyone else, hands in his pockets.
Jan 06 21:33:23 <Echo> Looks like almost as far as they walked to get here. Jeez. It stretches inland a ways.
Jan 06 21:33:33 <Maddy> She keeps her eye out for signage.
Jan 06 21:33:45 <MereObserver> "Man, and we don't even get an ocean front to enjoy this time."
Jan 06 21:33:49 <MonkeyBomb> Brock keeps his eyes out for Unfriendly Things.
Jan 06 21:34:16 <WalrusKing> Ilya strides confidently ahead.
Jan 06 21:34:17 <Echo> As they get closer to the main building, they can see that it's attached to a pair of… silos? Must be silos - via an array of pipes.
Jan 06 21:34:37 <Gara> "Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm." John looks for a door.
Jan 06 21:35:11 <Echo> In the moonlight, they can make out a gigantic, stylized "WD". Below it, in block print…. "WAKANUI DESALINATION"
Jan 06 21:35:34 <Pemander> Matty laughs and rests his hands on his hips. "I can't believe our good fortune."
Jan 06 21:35:40 <Dr_Kens> "Wow. Awesome!"
Jan 06 21:35:44 <WalrusKing> "What does this mean, the." brows furrowed, Ilya reads out "De-sa-li-na-tion?"
Jan 06 21:35:54 <Gara> "I should buy a lottery ticket."
Jan 06 21:35:56 <Dr_Kens> "It means fresh water. Hopefully, anyway."
Jan 06 21:36:04 <Gara> "Well."
Jan 06 21:36:08 <MereObserver> "It means desalting?"
Jan 06 21:36:08 <Gara> "If it has power."
Jan 06 21:36:15 <Pemander> He starts jogging off toward the silos. "Desalting, yeah."
Jan 06 21:36:24 <Maddy> "Oh, oh awesome."
Jan 06 21:36:36 <MonkeyBomb> Brock glances at Ace. "Sounds like we hit the jackpot, bud."
Jan 06 21:36:56 <Echo> Matthias reaches them in short order. They loom over him, nearly a hundred feet tall.
Jan 06 21:36:56 <Maddy> "Would it be like connected to the houses? Cause if he got this going, and our pipes running, we wouldnt even have to move water back and forth."
Jan 06 21:36:58 <WalrusKing> Ilya begins to walk around the adjacent building. "Let us find out more information."
Jan 06 21:37:05 <Echo> A spiral staircase winds around each one.
Jan 06 21:37:06 <MereObserver> "You realize it would take a miracle for this place to still work, right? Twice in a row is unheard of."
Jan 06 21:37:32 <Gara> John scouts around the edges of the building.
Jan 06 21:37:34 <Pemander> He looks up at the staircase. Does it seem to be in decent condition?
Jan 06 21:37:55 <Echo> The main facility is almost as tall. Blocky, sides fashioned from corrugated metal.
Jan 06 21:38:00 <Echo> It does!
Jan 06 21:38:21 <Pemander> "Miracles. Huh."
Jan 06 21:38:29 <Echo> John, perception.
Jan 06 21:38:38 <Gara> 4df+5 Tagging.
Jan 06 21:38:39 <CROM> Gara: Tagging.: 3 (4df+5=-, +, -, -)
Jan 06 21:39:02 <Dr_Kens> "See, a place like this must use a shit ton of power. Unless there's a powerplant a few feet from the building, I don't know how we can turn this place on." She walks. "If we're lucky there might be a few tanks of purified water though.
Jan 06 21:39:10 <Dr_Kens> "
Jan 06 21:39:15 <MereObserver> Samson walks around the opposite adjacent side.
Jan 06 21:39:18 <Gara> John hold a finger up.
Jan 06 21:39:20 <Gara> "Shh."
Jan 06 21:39:49 <Pemander> Matthias glances over at John and tilts his head slightly.
Jan 06 21:39:57 <MonkeyBomb> Brock pauses. He gives an almost inaudible hiss and Ace falls silent as well.
Jan 06 21:40:07 <MereObserver> Samson peeks his head around the corner to see what John's saying.
Jan 06 21:40:11 <Echo> Brock, Ace's perception
Jan 06 21:40:23 <MonkeyBomb> Eh, he doesn't have Perception. Only Survival.
Jan 06 21:40:31 <Echo> Gimme that
Jan 06 21:40:32 <Dr_Kens> Maria shuts up, raising an eyebrow. She readies an arrow and looks around for what John is looking at.
Jan 06 21:40:48 <Gara> He hold a hand up to his ear, and points at the building. Holds his hand flat, and runs his finger across his palm.
Jan 06 21:40:50 <WalrusKing> Ilya is still moving around the building.
Jan 06 21:40:55 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+6 [Tagging Keen Senses] Ace is aware.
Jan 06 21:40:55 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: [Tagging Keen Senses] Ace is aware.: 6 (4df+6=+, -, -, +)
Jan 06 21:41:17 <Maddy> Wow.
Jan 06 21:41:20 <Maddy> Such aware
Jan 06 21:41:24 <Maddy> very listen
Jan 06 21:41:31 <Maddy> many smell
Jan 06 21:41:32 <Echo> The hair on Ace's back bristles. He turns to stare at a set of double doors nearby John, growling low and mean.
Jan 06 21:41:47 <MonkeyBomb> "Uh oh." Brock whispers.
Jan 06 21:41:58 <Gara> John raises his rifle and moves up to the door.
Jan 06 21:42:30 <Echo> The dog refuses to calm down. Something's in the air he doesn't like at all.
Jan 06 21:42:41 <Dr_Kens> Maria brings up the crossbow, looking where the dog is looking.
Jan 06 21:42:58 <MereObserver> Samson crouches low to the ground by the corner. "…"
Jan 06 21:43:03 <Echo> Right at those dooes…
Jan 06 21:43:08 <Pemander> Matthias quietly jogs over to the other side of the double doors.
Jan 06 21:43:12 <WalrusKing> Ilya moves towards the door, staff held ready.
Jan 06 21:43:13 <Maddy> Jani pulls out her gun.
Jan 06 21:43:28 <Pemander> He looks at John and gestures toward them. It seems he plans on opening them together.
Jan 06 21:43:30 <MonkeyBomb> Brock readies his own weapon. He tries to get a read off of Ace.
Jan 06 21:43:37 <Echo> One of them's cracked open…
Jan 06 21:43:39 <Echo> 1d8
Jan 06 21:43:40 <CROM> Echo: 6 (1d8=6)
Jan 06 21:43:54 <Echo> Carry on~
Jan 06 21:44:04 <Echo> Ace is clearly upset with something inside.
Jan 06 21:44:13 <Gara> John nods, and gets ready to open.
Jan 06 21:44:27 <Pemander> Matthias holds up one finger, then two…
Jan 06 21:44:30 <MereObserver> Samson moves adjacent to the doorway, shotgun ready.
Jan 06 21:44:33 <MonkeyBomb> Brock grabs Ace's collar, waiting to see what happens when they open the doors…
Jan 06 21:44:34 <WalrusKing> Ilya stands in front of the doors, moves his grip on his staff to a proper staff-fighting grip.
Jan 06 21:44:35 <Pemander> …then three, and he attempts to open his side.
Jan 06 21:44:44 <Gara> John tries to open his door.
Jan 06 21:44:44 <Echo> It comes open.
Jan 06 21:44:46 <Echo> And for a moment.
Jan 06 21:44:58 <Echo> You hear a growl like Ace's. Meaner.
Jan 06 21:45:12 <Echo> Matthias, agility or pdef
Jan 06 21:45:26 <Pemander> 4df+4 Lets stick to that agility
Jan 06 21:45:26 <CROM> Pemander: Lets stick to that agility: 5 (4df+4=+, +, 0, -)
Jan 06 21:46:34 <Echo> A four-legged predator, man's worst friend, bursts out of the door, beelining to Matthias. He manages to wheel out of the way of the big-ass feral dog as it lunges. It skids past him, trying to right itself on the dusty concrete.
Jan 06 21:47:11 <Echo> Another comes out immediately afterward. Ace! Doggie defense!
Jan 06 21:47:11 <WalrusKing> Ilya swings at it with his staff.
Jan 06 21:47:21 <WalrusKing> Belay that.
Jan 06 21:47:23 <Echo> Ilya, roll melee!
Jan 06 21:47:32 <WalrusKing> Belay that belay
Jan 06 21:47:34 <WalrusKing> rolling
Jan 06 21:47:38 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+2 DOGGY DEFENSES ACTIVATED
Jan 06 21:47:38 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: DOGGY DEFENSES ACTIVATED: 3 (4df+2=+, 0, 0, 0)
Jan 06 21:47:50 <WalrusKing> 4df+4 get wrecked
Jan 06 21:47:51 <CROM> WalrusKing: get wrecked: 7 (4df+4=+, 0, +, +)
Jan 06 21:47:56 <Dr_Kens> Maria shoots at the first one that came out.
Jan 06 21:47:57 <Tehpillowstar> 4df+3 Puh-puh-puh Adelaide pops a cap in the bitch.
Jan 06 21:47:57 <CROM> Tehpillowstar: Puh-puh-puh Adelaide pops a cap in the bitch.: 3 (4df+3=0, -, 0, +)
Jan 06 21:47:58 <Echo> 4df+4
Jan 06 21:47:58 <CROM> Echo: 4 (4df+4=0, 0, +, -)
Jan 06 21:48:11 <Pemander> Matthias presses himself back against the silo and fishes clumsily for his sidearm.
Jan 06 21:48:23 <MonkeyBomb> FYI, Brock is right beside Ace.
Jan 06 21:48:28 <Dr_Kens> 4df+4 Straight shooter.
Jan 06 21:48:29 <CROM> Dr_Kens: Straight shooter.: 4 (4df+4=0, +, -, 0)
Jan 06 21:48:53 <MereObserver> Samson doesn't shoot his shotgun anywhere, to many chances at friendly fire.
Jan 06 21:48:55 <Gara> 4df+3 John puts three rounds into the do attacking Ace.
Jan 06 21:48:55 <CROM> Gara: John puts three rounds into the do attacking Ace.: 2 (4df+3=+, 0, -, -)
Jan 06 21:49:00 <Echo> Ilya's gigantic frame brings the staff down on the head of the one that attacked Matthias with the force of a 20-pound sledge, crumpling it where it stands.
Jan 06 21:49:16 <Tehpillowstar> To be more specific, Adelaide's aiming for the thing that attacked Ace.
Jan 06 21:49:24 <Echo> The one charging Ace is ventilated several times over before it can make it to the domesticated dog.
Jan 06 21:49:35 <MonkeyBomb> Who you callin' domesticated?
Jan 06 21:49:42 <MereObserver> "….damn…."
Jan 06 21:49:58 <Dr_Kens> Maria loads another arrow into the crossbow and looks back at the doorway.
Jan 06 21:50:14 <Tehpillowstar> "Everyone okay?"
Jan 06 21:50:16 <MonkeyBomb> "….Could've been worse." He's still holding Ace. Is the dog claming down?
Jan 06 21:50:18 <Gara> "There might end up being more."
Jan 06 21:50:18 <Echo> It leaks hideously, covering the concrete foundation below it with a pool of blood seconds later.
Jan 06 21:50:19 <Pemander> The pastor breathes heavily and looks at the animal corpses.
Jan 06 21:50:24 <Dr_Kens> "I'm fine."
Jan 06 21:50:42 <MonkeyBomb> *calming
Jan 06 21:50:43 <WalrusKing> Ilya grunts. "No problems."
Jan 06 21:50:46 <Echo> Ace seems like he's settling down a bit.
Jan 06 21:50:51 <Pemander> Then he jerks his head away and covers his face. "Euck."
Jan 06 21:50:51 <MereObserver> Samson nods. "That took like, five seconds."
Jan 06 21:50:59 <Gara> John enters the building.
Jan 06 21:51:20 <Gara> "Adelaide, if you would light things up?"
Jan 06 21:51:24 <Dr_Kens> Maria goes to grab her arrow before following John.
Jan 06 21:51:28 <MonkeyBomb> Brock releases his hold on Ace's collar. Ace rushes forward and sniffs the feral dog's carcass, growling lightly.
Jan 06 21:51:34 <WalrusKing> Ilya follows John, staying near the front of people.
Jan 06 21:51:36 <Echo> It's quiet, the stillness and calm only more powerful now that the gunfire and activity has ceased. And it's dark as hell.
Jan 06 21:51:39 <MonkeyBomb> Brock keeps close to his dog.
Jan 06 21:51:40 <MereObserver> Samson enters behind Adelaide.
Jan 06 21:51:56 <Pemander> "I know they would have killed me if they had the chance, but I can't help but feel sorry for them." He tracks after everyone else, looking a little green around the gills.
Jan 06 21:52:11 <Maddy> "Might need lights now, Addy."
Jan 06 21:52:15 <Tehpillowstar> 4df+3 Casting Dancing Lights like a Lvl 1 sorcerer pro
Jan 06 21:52:16 <CROM> Tehpillowstar: Casting Dancing Lights like a Lvl 1 sorcerer pro: 2 (4df+3=+, 0, -, -)
Jan 06 21:52:39 <MonkeyBomb> "C'mon, Ace." He enters the building, Ace reluctantly following.
Jan 06 21:53:07 <Echo> A cool, pale light shimmers in around Adelaide, illuminating their surroundings. Not far, but they can see now,
Jan 06 21:53:29 <Echo> And they're standing in what looks like a concrete block corridor.
Jan 06 21:53:29 <WalrusKing> "Everyone stay close. Wild dog is sometimes coward, will not attack groups."
Jan 06 21:53:43 <Echo> It goes straight ahead a few meters, angling off at a 90 degree turn.
Jan 06 21:54:27 <Echo> It's about wide enough for a few people to walk side by side.
Jan 06 21:54:31 <Echo> Or ILYA.
Jan 06 21:54:37 <Gara> John keeps going.
Jan 06 21:54:40 <WalrusKing> Ilya takes a spot near the front.
Jan 06 21:54:54 <Gara> John steps aside for him.
Jan 06 21:54:57 <Dr_Kens> Maria is just behind John, slightly off to the side so she can look forward and have a clear shot.
Jan 06 21:55:08 <Gara> By that I mean he basically flattens against a wall.
Jan 06 21:55:18 <Pemander> Matthias is at the back of the group, not having drawn his handgun yet.
Jan 06 21:55:25 <Maddy> Jani is just infront of Matty.
Jan 06 21:55:32 <MereObserver> "So what are we looking for?"
Jan 06 21:55:34 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide tries to go near the front, so if anything attacks them, she's got a good line of sight.
Jan 06 21:55:40 <MonkeyBomb> Brock keeps a close eye on Ace as he follows the group. He's probably close to Jani.
Jan 06 21:55:51 <Dr_Kens> "Storage room, equipment room, control center?"
Jan 06 21:55:57 <Echo> As they make their way around the corner, it opens up into the "factory" floor. A few shipping containers converted into makeshift offices sit off to the north side, with one stacked on top. A few smaller "silos", apparently water tanks are in here as well.
Jan 06 21:55:58 <Dr_Kens> She hopes to be helpful.
Jan 06 21:56:12 <Echo> A multitude of tubes and piping runs throughout over their heads.
Jan 06 21:56:17 <Pemander> "I've got no idea what the layout of these things is supposed to be like. I just know some fresh water would be lovely right now."
Jan 06 21:56:32 <Maddy> "There's gotta be a map somewhere."
Jan 06 21:56:37 <WalrusKing> Ilya heads north, staying close to the group. "Let us check office for the records?"
Jan 06 21:56:37 <Pemander> Matthias looks around for a map.
Jan 06 21:56:40 <Dr_Kens> "Let's check out the offices. Maybe there's some information there or keys. Maybe a planner."
Jan 06 21:56:52 <Pemander> He heads off to check the makeshift offices in paricular.
Jan 06 21:56:52 <Echo> There are a myriad of catwalks and gantryways above them, with stairs nearby the offices.
Jan 06 21:56:56 <MereObserver> "Maybe this place has a generator of some kind. We should keep an eye out for that too."
Jan 06 21:57:34 <Echo> Matthias is greeted by a locked door. Doesn't seem too sturdy. Held in place by a cheapy padlock.
Jan 06 21:57:54 <Pemander> Matty turns back toward everyone else. "Does shooting locks out actually work, or is that only movies?"
Jan 06 21:58:00 <WalrusKing> "You would like I remove problem?"
Jan 06 21:58:11 <Maddy> Jani just points to Ilya.
Jan 06 21:58:11 <Pemander> "Oh, er-" He steps out of the way for Ilya. "Sure, big man."
Jan 06 21:58:13 <Tehpillowstar> "They do, but they use special shotgun ammo to acheive that."
Jan 06 21:58:14 <Pemander> "Have at it."
Jan 06 21:58:25 <WalrusKing> An unarmed roll or what?
Jan 06 21:58:25 <Dr_Kens> Maria moves to the side to watch.
Jan 06 21:58:44 <Echo> WalrusKing: I dunno. See what works.
Jan 06 21:58:53 <MereObserver> Samson chuckles at Ilya. "Go Chuzhoi."
Jan 06 21:58:58 <WalrusKing> 4df+4 feed the door a boot.
Jan 06 21:58:58 <CROM> WalrusKing: feed the door a boot.: 5 (4df+4=+, +, 0, -)
Jan 06 21:59:38 <Echo> His foot goes right through it. And stays there. There's now an Ilya's boot shaped hole in the flimsy wooden door, with an Ilya still attached.
Jan 06 21:59:46 <Gara> "… Uhh."
Jan 06 21:59:47 <Dr_Kens> "Oh for fu-"
Jan 06 21:59:49 <Pemander> Matthias laughs.
Jan 06 21:59:50 <Echo> Delicious.
Jan 06 22:00:01 <MereObserver> Samson puts his hand over his mouth.
Jan 06 22:00:04 <WalrusKing> "Huh." Ilya removes his foot through the door.
Jan 06 22:00:07 <MonkeyBomb> "Probably can reach the lock now."
Jan 06 22:00:16 <Pemander> "Right, right. Good call."
Jan 06 22:00:30 <Echo> A remarkably circuitous, if effective plan.
Jan 06 22:00:34 <Pemander> He steps back toward the door and gestures to Ilya. "Let me take care of this? Your hands might be a little-"
Jan 06 22:00:39 <Pemander> "Well, just let me take care of this."
Jan 06 22:00:54 <Maddy> "Teamwork!"
Jan 06 22:01:00 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide helps Ilya pull his foot out
Jan 06 22:01:03 <MonkeyBomb> Brock pats the big man on the back.
Jan 06 22:01:08 <Pemander> Matty reaches in through the hole and feels around for the lock once Ilya's foot is removed.
Jan 06 22:01:23 <WalrusKing> Ilya shrugs, stays nearby. "I was always amazed how poorly made some doors are."
Jan 06 22:01:44 <Echo> There's a *clunk* as the padlock disengages.
Jan 06 22:02:01 <Gara> "Good job guys."
Jan 06 22:02:13 <Dr_Kens> "Let's…let's just keep going." She opens the door.
Jan 06 22:02:14 <MonkeyBomb> "We successfully defeated a door."
Jan 06 22:02:56 <WalrusKing> Ilya moves into the office with the rest of the group. "That door is not getting up again!"
Jan 06 22:03:01 <Maddy> "I guess they don't plan on giant Russians to try to kick it down."
Jan 06 22:03:47 <MereObserver> Samson walks over to the indoor silos. Are there ladders or stairs going to the top of them?
Jan 06 22:03:52 <Gara> "They didn't plan on much."
Jan 06 22:04:05 <Gara> "I've really gotta ask how the hell the dogs got in here."
Jan 06 22:04:22 <Dr_Kens> "Open window somewhere?"
Jan 06 22:04:25 <Echo> The office is a mess. There's four tables in the room, couple of old computers. A heavy layer of dust sits on every surface.
Jan 06 22:04:30 <MonkeyBomb> "Something like that, probably."
Jan 06 22:04:31 <WalrusKing> "Perhaps there is window on other side?"
Jan 06 22:04:58 <Dr_Kens> "That dust does not look like good fortune, guys." She moves to one of the tables with the computer and wipes a finger on the surface.
Jan 06 22:05:05 <Gara> "Nope."
Jan 06 22:05:20 <Pemander> Matthias looks around for loose paper that might have a map printed on it.
Jan 06 22:05:33 <Pemander> "Could try turning the computer on, just for laughs."
Jan 06 22:05:41 <Echo> There's one on the wall!
Jan 06 22:05:52 <Echo> Facility fire plan, operations plan…
Jan 06 22:05:59 <Gara> "Why not."
Jan 06 22:06:00 <Tehpillowstar> 4df+3 Adelaide looks around for anything interesting.
Jan 06 22:06:00 <CROM> Tehpillowstar: Adelaide looks around for anything interesting.: 3 (4df+3=0, +, -, 0)
Jan 06 22:06:12 <Gara> "Actually, lets make sure it won't burn up."
Jan 06 22:06:28 <Pemander> He unpins it and holds it up under Adelaide's light, scouring for IMPORTANT DETAILS.
Jan 06 22:06:29 <Dr_Kens> Maria looks closely at the mwall. Anything like garage, staff rooms, lockers?
Jan 06 22:06:36 <Pemander> Wait, that should be bracketed. [IMPORTANT DETAILS].
Jan 06 22:06:38 <WalrusKing> Ilya stands on watch as the rest of the party does things. He isn't the fastest at reading.
Jan 06 22:06:48 <Echo> Adelaide… behind the table in the back… is a half-eaten, mostly mummified corpse.
Jan 06 22:07:18 <Echo> With a hunting rifle sitting beside it.
Jan 06 22:07:36 <MonkeyBomb> *gasp*
Jan 06 22:07:42 <Echo> What looks like it could be dried blood is pooled around the neck and crotch.
Jan 06 22:08:05 <Tehpillowstar> O_O "Uh, guys…"
Jan 06 22:08:08 <Pemander> Matty hasn't noticed it yet. He's looking in the opposite direction.
Jan 06 22:08:08 <Echo> Matthias finds the facility controls easily enough.
Jan 06 22:08:18 <Dr_Kens> "What's up Adelaide?"
Jan 06 22:08:20 <Gara> "Yeah?"
Jan 06 22:08:22 <MereObserver> Samson looks over at Adelaide. "Huh?"
Jan 06 22:08:22 <Maddy> "Hmmm?"
Jan 06 22:08:24 <Echo> One long list of annotated instructions on priming the plant…
Jan 06 22:08:26 <Tehpillowstar> "I found a corpse."
Jan 06 22:08:30 <Echo> One of flushing it out to sea…
Jan 06 22:08:32 <Maddy> "Sck."
Jan 06 22:08:33 <Gara> "Hm. Lemme see."
Jan 06 22:08:41 <WalrusKing> Ilya wanders over. "Oh. Looks like this man meet the dogs, and was not so fortunate."
Jan 06 22:08:41 <Gara> John goes to get a look at this corpse.
Jan 06 22:08:43 <Tehpillowstar> "Has a gun."
Jan 06 22:08:44 <Pemander> "I've got controls here. Not going to be useful unless we've got power, I imagi-"
Jan 06 22:08:51 <Pemander> He cranes his head to the side. "What are you all looking at?"
Jan 06 22:08:52 <Echo> And one on unloading the silos into the outlying pipeways.
Jan 06 22:09:04 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide tries to pull the gun from the dead man's hands.
Jan 06 22:09:05 <Gara> John takes a look at the body. Surgical to determine how he died?
Jan 06 22:09:07 <MonkeyBomb> "As long as it's not an *animated* corpse, we should be fine." Brock investigates.
Jan 06 22:09:19 <Echo> Go for it, John.
Jan 06 22:09:34 <Gara> 4df+2 Come on John is pretty okay at this
Jan 06 22:09:34 <CROM> Gara: Come on John is pretty okay at this: 1 (4df+2=-, 0, +, -)
Jan 06 22:09:37 <Gara> Fuck you.
Jan 06 22:09:46 <Pemander> Matthias cringes a bit when he sees the body and backs away to look at the facility controls further away from it.
Jan 06 22:09:46 <Echo> …
Jan 06 22:09:58 <Dr_Kens> Maria walks over to the control board, looking at the instructions. She doesn't do the normal thing. "…unloading the silos…" She bites her lip and looks around. Are there any tables with binders of paper?
Jan 06 22:10:01 <Echo> He's got some bites. Not hard to make that determination.
Jan 06 22:10:10 <Echo> Bites from what is anyone's guess.
Jan 06 22:10:10 <Gara> Kay! "Yeah his dogs ate him."
Jan 06 22:10:32 <WalrusKing> "His dogs? You think these were his?"
Jan 06 22:10:40 <Echo> Adelaide pries it out of his grasp.
Jan 06 22:10:41 <Gara> "I think so."
Jan 06 22:10:48 <MonkeyBomb> "That's a creepy thought." He looks at Ace. "You'd never eat me, would you?" *pant* *pant*
Jan 06 22:10:49 <Echo> A finger comes with it.
Jan 06 22:11:02 <Gara> "If he was hungry enough…"
Jan 06 22:11:10 <Tehpillowstar> "Ew! That's gross." She tries to shake the finger off.
Jan 06 22:11:20 <Gara> John looks for a bag of gear near the guy, turning him over if he has to.
Jan 06 22:11:24 <Echo> It drops to the floor.
Jan 06 22:11:32 <WalrusKing> Ilya shrugs and heads back towards an area he can cover all the entrances.
Jan 06 22:11:38 <MonkeyBomb> Ace sniffs the finger.
Jan 06 22:11:52 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide tries to push the dog away. "Don't."
Jan 06 22:11:56 <Echo> There's nothing much else around him. There's a bulge in each front pocket, though.
Jan 06 22:11:58 <WalrusKing> "Then he may have had more than two dog."
Jan 06 22:12:07 <Maddy> "Maybe Bridge could ue that rifle." she shrugs. "Where to, Matty?"
Jan 06 22:12:08 <Gara> John checks them.
Jan 06 22:12:25 <MereObserver> Samson shakes his head. "…why are we grave robbing this guy?"
Jan 06 22:12:26 <Pemander> Seeing as how no one has bothered to check how much fate loves them, Matthias presses the power button on the computer.
Jan 06 22:12:28 <Gara> He is pretty desensitized to bodies.
Jan 06 22:12:38 <Echo> He comes away with two stripper clips, each holding a few shells for the rifle.
Jan 06 22:12:47 <Dr_Kens> "Hey guys, what are the silos filled with?"
Jan 06 22:12:56 <Gara> "Because he has things we really need, like ammo, and he isn't using them anymore."
Jan 06 22:12:57 <Echo> The computer remains dead as shit.
Jan 06 22:13:09 <Gara> "If we an find a shovel, we'll bury him."
Jan 06 22:13:21 <MereObserver> Samson leaves the office. "I guess."
Jan 06 22:13:24 <Pemander> "Well, we might check out the electrical room, if this place is organized like that." He checks the map for a breaker room or something.
Jan 06 22:13:25 <MonkeyBomb> Brock grabs the dog. He looks at Adelaide. "Any ammo for that thing? Honestly, I don't know what I'm doing with this." He motions to the gun on his back.
Jan 06 22:13:26 <Echo> Matthias' map says they're filled with… water.
Jan 06 22:13:37 <Gara> "Yep, two clips."
Jan 06 22:13:38 <Echo> Clean, desalinated water.
Jan 06 22:13:40 * Bananaman is now known as Roget|Chowders
Jan 06 22:13:50 <Pemander> "Oh, wonderful."
Jan 06 22:14:00 <Tehpillowstar> "John's got it. Hey John, you find ammo for this thing?"
Jan 06 22:14:00 <Pemander> "The tanks have drinking water in them right now."
Jan 06 22:14:09 <MereObserver> "Well, with what we've seen so far, it's either water or a silo full of rabid dogs."
Jan 06 22:14:13 <Maddy> "Oh nice."
Jan 06 22:14:38 <Maddy> "Wonder if they have water tank trucks somewhere."
Jan 06 22:14:39 <Pemander> "So if we can't get this place running, uh, somehow, at least we have water for a while."
Jan 06 22:14:57 <Gara> "We'll need a hell of a generator."
Jan 06 22:15:08 <Maddy> "Let's go to the electrical room."
Jan 06 22:15:15 <WalrusKing> "Do you think we should move the peoples here? This large space can hold the people."
Jan 06 22:15:18 <Dr_Kens> "Let's look for a garage or vehicle pool."
Jan 06 22:15:19 <MereObserver> "Maybe this place /has/ a hell of a generator."
Jan 06 22:15:40 <Gara> "I'm not sure yet. The last guy is sorta dead."
Jan 06 22:15:44 <Dr_Kens> "And honestly guys? I doubt this place has a generator that can power an entire facility. Most places use the grid, and have generators for smaller things."
Jan 06 22:15:59 <Maddy> "Can we just go to the electrical room already."
Jan 06 22:16:01 <Gara> "And that is really not very clean."
Jan 06 22:16:03 <Pemander> "I'm not planning on there being a generator, I just wanted to explore."
Jan 06 22:16:12 <MonkeyBomb> Brock wants to trade shooties. pew.
Jan 06 22:16:14 <Pemander> "You all check out the motor pool if you want."
Jan 06 22:16:15 <Maddy> "Standing around doing nothing is bleh."
Jan 06 22:16:22 <Gara> John goes to find an electrical room. He hands ammo to Brock.
Jan 06 22:16:23 <Pemander> "It looks like there aren't any more rabid dogs wandering around."
Jan 06 22:16:27 <WalrusKing> "Besides this question, we should all stay together, and not get bitten like this man if there is third dog."
Jan 06 22:16:34 <Pemander> Matthias tucks the map away and starts heading off.
Jan 06 22:16:41 <Maddy> Jani follows him.
Jan 06 22:16:43 <MonkeyBomb> Brock has ammo, but no rifle. He slips the M16A4 off his back.
Jan 06 22:16:47 <WalrusKing> Yo guys we should hold up a sec
Jan 06 22:16:51 <WalrusKing> Echo is brb
Jan 06 22:16:55 <Pemander> Roger.
Jan 06 22:18:09 <Tehpillowstar> "Hey, does anyone want this rifle?"
Jan 06 22:18:49 <MonkeyBomb> "Yes."
Jan 06 22:20:27 <Tehpillowstar> "John, did you find any ammo for this?"
Jan 06 22:20:40 <MonkeyBomb> Brock holds it up. "I got it."
Jan 06 22:23:20 <Tehpillowstar> "Okay then," Adelaide gives Brock the rifle.
Jan 06 22:24:02 <MonkeyBomb> "Thanks." Assuming it has a strap, he slings it over his back. "Anyone want an extra rifle?" He holds up the M16A4.
Jan 06 22:24:15 <Echo> Okay.
Jan 06 22:24:19 <Dr_Kens> "No thanks. I don't use a rifle if I can help it."
Jan 06 22:25:18 <Echo> There's plans on the draft for the electrical shed, but it doesn't look like it's in this particular building.
Jan 06 22:25:23 <Maddy> "We can put it back in the pile when we get home."
Jan 06 22:25:45 <Echo> Looks like it's a smaller building, a bit northeast of this one.
Jan 06 22:25:54 <MonkeyBomb> "Alright." He now has two weapons strapped across his back. He's totally Rambo right now.
Jan 06 22:26:38 <Pemander> "Hrm." Matthias starts heading back down to the outside of the silo while trying to familiarize himself with the process used to extract fresh water from the tanks and send it off.
Jan 06 22:26:42 <Maddy> "Uh wait waaaait."
Jan 06 22:26:53 <Maddy> "You know, the water will come out without power right?"
Jan 06 22:26:53 <Pemander> He pauses and looks back. "What's up?"
Jan 06 22:26:57 <Maddy> "Gravity."
Jan 06 22:27:06 <WalrusKing> Ilya tries to stick with people.
Jan 06 22:27:09 <Dr_Kens> "I don't know if it would go far enough…."
Jan 06 22:27:26 <Maddy> "I mean into a vessel."
Jan 06 22:27:41 <MereObserver> Samson nods. "Like what? A water truck?"
Jan 06 22:27:52 <Dr_Kens> "Oh, yeah. That's kinda why I thought your suggestion of looking to see if this place had a water truck would be good."
Jan 06 22:28:07 <Maddy> "Yeah, upon reevaluating our options, maybe a motor pool is a good idea?"
Jan 06 22:28:29 <Dr_Kens> "Besides, we can't stay here forever. We've gotta find a way to get around."
Jan 06 22:28:31 <Pemander> "Motor pool it is."
Jan 06 22:28:36 <WalrusKing> "Vehicle could be useful for later also."
Jan 06 22:28:43 <Gara> "Sure, lets go look."
Jan 06 22:28:45 <Maddy> "Which way, Matty?"
Jan 06 22:31:19 <Pemander> He exits the silos and looks left and then right. "I think we follow these pools off to the left further back behind the silo." Matthias pauses for a moment and then points. "Yeah, over there. It looks like there's a cover that the vehicles are supposed to be parked under."
Jan 06 22:31:26 <WalrusKing> Hold up Echo is brb again.
Jan 06 22:33:29 <Pemander> "There should be a hose that attaches from the outside of the tanks to the tanks on the trucks."
Jan 06 22:34:01 <Maddy> "Neat!"
Jan 06 22:35:35 <MereObserver> "Let's go get some wheels then."
Jan 06 22:43:59 <Echo> Proceed.
Jan 06 22:44:23 <WalrusKing> Ilya walks out towards the place the vehicles are purported to be.
Jan 06 22:44:37 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide walks with them!
Jan 06 22:44:40 <Gara> John hums as he goes1
Jan 06 22:44:41 <Maddy> Jani brings up the rear this time, watching out for dogs.
Jan 06 22:44:44 <Dr_Kens> Maria had followed Ilya down.
Jan 06 22:44:45 <MereObserver> Samson does too!
Jan 06 22:45:12 <MonkeyBomb> Brock and Ace are with them.
Jan 06 22:45:23 <MonkeyBomb> He examines the rifle as they walk.
Jan 06 22:46:05 <Echo> There are a few trucks with tanks on the back… and a few flatbed pickups.
Jan 06 22:46:14 <MereObserver> "Oh my god yes."
Jan 06 22:46:27 <Dr_Kens> "Awesome! Now…uh…can anyone drive a truck?"
Jan 06 22:46:29 <Pemander> Matthias nods approvingly. "Don't get too excited, we still need them to actually have gas."
Jan 06 22:46:37 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide walks over to the nearest flatbed and checks to see if it still has gas.
Jan 06 22:46:43 <Dr_Kens> Maria walks over to the closest one with a tank and opens the fuel tank to check.
Jan 06 22:46:46 <Pemander> "It's possible someone might have siphoned them out in all the time they've been sitting here."
Jan 06 22:47:01 <MereObserver> "Don't talk like that, we gotta stay positive."
Jan 06 22:47:42 <Maddy> "We'll see soon enough."
Jan 06 22:47:56 <WalrusKing> "I am not best driver."
Jan 06 22:48:21 <Gara> "I'm pretty okay"
Jan 06 22:48:36 <MereObserver> "I'm not bad either."
Jan 06 22:48:44 <Dr_Kens> "I have never driven a truck." She says out flatly.
Jan 06 22:48:57 <Echo> On the side of the rifle "Savage Arms"
Jan 06 22:48:57 <Echo> The caliber, ".300 Win Mag" is engraved into the barrel.
Jan 06 22:49:03 <Maddy> "Well we got two drivers. Hey Addy, any gas?"
Jan 06 22:49:19 <Dr_Kens> "I'm checking right now, Jani!"
Jan 06 22:49:52 * Bananaman (~ten.tsacmoc.lf.1dsh.0DA4983F-CRInys|yagoR#ten.tsacmoc.lf.1dsh.0DA4983F-CRInys|yagoR) has joined #afteractionmission
Jan 06 22:50:38 <Echo> Perception, anyone checking the trucks.
Jan 06 22:50:45 <MonkeyBomb> Brock heads over to one of the pickups. How do you check for gass without starting the vehicle? He has no clue.
Jan 06 22:50:48 <Dr_Kens> 4df+4 Usin' dem eyes
Jan 06 22:50:49 <CROM> Dr_Kens: Usin' dem eyes: 4 (4df+4=-, 0, +, 0)
Jan 06 22:51:00 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3 How 2 Check 4 Gass
Jan 06 22:51:00 <Pemander> 4df+3 Matthias is giving them a check-over.
Jan 06 22:51:00 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: How 2 Check 4 Gass: 4 (4df+3=+, +, -, 0)
Jan 06 22:51:00 <CROM> Pemander: Matthias is giving them a check-over.: 3 (4df+3=+, -, +, -)
Jan 06 22:51:17 <Gara> 4df+5 Tagged
Jan 06 22:51:17 <CROM> Gara: Tagged: 7 (4df+5=+, -, +, +)
Jan 06 22:51:18 <Echo> Doen't appear to be any keys. None in the seats, none in the gloveboxes.
Jan 06 22:51:24 <Tehpillowstar> 4df+3 tuck tuck tuck
Jan 06 22:51:24 <CROM> Tehpillowstar: tuck tuck tuck: 2 (4df+3=-, 0, -, +)
Jan 06 22:52:03 <Echo> No checking the gas if you can't get the ignition activated.
Jan 06 22:52:17 * Roget has quit (Ping timeout: 187 seconds)
Jan 06 22:52:23 * Roget (suruas.eht|esohw#suruas.eht|esohw) has joined #afteractionmission
Jan 06 22:52:29 <Dr_Kens> Echo, Maria opened the fuel tank to see if there's a heavy odor of gas, etc.
Jan 06 22:52:37 * Roget|Chowders has quit (Ping timeout: 182 seconds)
Jan 06 22:52:46 <MonkeyBomb> "Hmmm."
Jan 06 22:52:48 <Echo> There's gas IN them.
Jan 06 22:52:53 <Echo> No telling how much, though.
Jan 06 22:53:11 <MereObserver> "Well? What's the verdict folks?"
Jan 06 22:53:17 <Tehpillowstar> "We should look for the keys."
Jan 06 22:53:19 <Dr_Kens> "Well there's gas in them, so at least there's that. Do you guys see a building that looks like an office?"
Jan 06 22:53:29 <Tehpillowstar> "Unless one of us knows how to hotwire these things."
Jan 06 22:53:48 <Echo> There were several offices. Some stacked on top of each other.
Jan 06 22:54:33 <WalrusKing> "Hm. You want me to go back to offices?"
Jan 06 22:54:39 <Dr_Kens> "Yeah."
Jan 06 22:54:42 <Maddy> "I'll go look." Jani jogs to the first office!
Jan 06 22:55:00 <Gara> "Lilin might, I'm not sure."
Jan 06 22:55:01 <Dr_Kens> She looks back at the buildings. "There has to be keys somewhere." She walks towards the offices with Jani, going to the second one.
Jan 06 22:55:11 <Echo> The one they checked is bereft of a key sign out board.
Jan 06 22:55:20 <Echo> Maybe the others?
Jan 06 22:55:34 <Echo> There's a set of wooden stairs leading up to the second office.
Jan 06 22:55:37 <Maddy> Jani goes to the next one then! Doo doo doooot~
Jan 06 22:55:41 <WalrusKing> Ilya climbs the stairs to the second office.
Jan 06 22:55:42 <MereObserver> Samson sits out by the trucks. No one's stealing these old stationary keyless vehicles on his watch.
Jan 06 22:55:44 <Echo> Probably the boss'.
Jan 06 22:55:51 <Dr_Kens> Maria is right behind Jani.
Jan 06 22:56:03 <Echo> Annnnnd this one is locked as well. What does Jani do?
Jan 06 22:56:11 <Pemander> "I'll wait out here," Matthias calls out as everyone else leaves.
Jan 06 22:56:16 <Gara> John on a ar.
Jan 06 22:56:17 <Gara> Car.
Jan 06 22:56:31 <MonkeyBomb> Men outside. Women and giant Russian inside.
Jan 06 22:56:33 <Maddy> Does it open in or out?
Jan 06 22:56:35 <Dr_Kens> "Let's try the door knob."
Jan 06 22:56:42 <Echo> Opens in!
Jan 06 22:56:49 <Maddy> "It's locked." She backs up.
Jan 06 22:57:09 <Maddy> 4df Str check, trying to bust it down, she runs at it with her shoulder.
Jan 06 22:57:09 <CROM> Maddy: Str check, trying to bust it down, she runs at it with her shoulder.: 1 (4df=+, -, +, 0)
Jan 06 22:57:17 <Maddy> WELL FUCK YOU
Jan 06 22:57:26 <WalrusKing> "Let me try?"
Jan 06 22:57:29 <Echo> It shifts in its frame, the cheap fiber board cracking a little.
Jan 06 22:57:32 <MonkeyBomb> Brock sits on the bed of one of the pickups. He loads a round into the hunting rifle's chamber.
Jan 06 22:57:41 <Dr_Kens> "Here, the two of us."
Jan 06 22:57:45 <MonkeyBomb> Feels alright. Much better than the M16.
Jan 06 22:57:52 <Dr_Kens> Maria moves into place to hit the door with her shoulder, waiting for Jani.
Jan 06 22:58:09 <Maddy> "Ok together?"
Jan 06 22:58:17 <Dr_Kens> "3…2…1!"
Jan 06 22:58:21 <WalrusKing> Ilya stands back and lets them do the thing.
Jan 06 22:58:25 <Maddy> 4df WOOSH
Jan 06 22:58:25 <CROM> Maddy: WOOSH: 2 (4df=+, -, +, +)
Jan 06 22:58:29 <Tehpillowstar> So does Adelaide
Jan 06 22:58:31 <Dr_Kens> 4df thunk
Jan 06 22:58:32 <CROM> Dr_Kens: thunk: -3 (4df=0, -, -, -)
Jan 06 22:58:35 <Maddy> :|
Jan 06 22:58:43 <Dr_Kens> :|
Jan 06 22:58:45 <MonkeyBomb> Niiiiiiiiiice.
Jan 06 22:58:51 <Echo> Jani knocks her way through the door.
Jan 06 22:59:09 <Maddy> She promptly falls on her face.
Jan 06 22:59:16 <Echo> Maria… stumbles through, crashes into a desk, and busts her shoulder on it hard as she falls.
Jan 06 22:59:25 <Dr_Kens> "God, son of a bitch!"
Jan 06 22:59:26 <Echo> Jani lands on top of her.
Jan 06 22:59:38 <Maddy> "Well we're in, are you ok?" she rolls off and offers a hand.
Jan 06 22:59:53 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide steps in and tries to help Maria and Jani. "You guys alright?"
Jan 06 22:59:54 <WalrusKing> Ilya steps into the office and does a quick scan before moving to the two women to render assistance.
Jan 06 23:00:02 <Dr_Kens> She slowly gets up. "I…I'm good. Maybe two of us was overkill?" She chuckles and coughs.
Jan 06 23:00:18 <MonkeyBomb> Brock aims down the… Hmmm. Echo, does the hunting rifle have any kind of scope on it?
Jan 06 23:00:25 <Dr_Kens> She winces as she rubs her shoulder.
Jan 06 23:00:26 <Maddy> "We'll get magidoc to look at you later." she looks around the room for some kinda keys.
Jan 06 23:00:31 <Echo> It does!
Jan 06 23:00:33 <WalrusKing> "Are you okay?"
Jan 06 23:00:56 <Echo> Jani spots one on the far wall, thanks to Addy's glow.
Jan 06 23:01:02 <Dr_Kens> "Don't worry about me, let's look for the keys."
Jan 06 23:01:13 <Maddy> "Jack pot~" she goes to the keys.
Jan 06 23:01:27 <Echo> Looks like there's more open spots than keys, but the half dozen left match up to the half dozen trucks in the lot.
Jan 06 23:01:40 <Dr_Kens> Maria moves over to the keys.
Jan 06 23:01:51 <Dr_Kens> "So…let's take them all and look for their matching vehicles?"
Jan 06 23:02:03 * lurkd (moc.retrahc.ac.dsvr.pchd.FBA0092F-CRInys|tibbiM#moc.retrahc.ac.dsvr.pchd.FBA0092F-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
Jan 06 23:02:03 <Tehpillowstar> "Don't have much of a choice."
Jan 06 23:02:08 <WalrusKing> "This sounds like good plan."
Jan 06 23:02:19 <MereObserver> Samson is leaning against a flatbed truck, keeping eyes open on the roads around him.
Jan 06 23:02:19 <MonkeyBomb> Brock aims down the scope, trying to get a feel for the rifle.
Jan 06 23:02:26 <Maddy> "Fun times to be had." she gets a buncha keys and heads back to the trucks.
Jan 06 23:02:27 <Dr_Kens> Maria starts to take the keys.
Jan 06 23:02:34 <Dr_Kens> Oh.
Jan 06 23:02:39 <Maddy> Jani shares
Jan 06 23:02:49 <Dr_Kens> Yay. Maria follows Jani down.
Jan 06 23:02:55 <WalrusKing> Ilya tags along.
Jan 06 23:02:56 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide offers to help carry keys
Jan 06 23:03:32 <Dr_Kens> Maria hops in one of the trucks, trying one of her keys. Do any of hers work?
Jan 06 23:04:04 <Maddy> Jani tosses everyone at least one key. "Just try things."
Jan 06 23:04:28 <Gara> John start brute forcing keys and cars.
Jan 06 23:04:32 <WalrusKing> Ilya tentatively tries his.
Jan 06 23:04:38 <MereObserver> Samson takes a key and goes to trucks.
Jan 06 23:05:09 <Maddy> Jani also tries.
Jan 06 23:05:11 <MonkeyBomb> Brock tries to get a key to start one of the pickups.
Jan 06 23:05:25 <Dr_Kens> Maria has three.
Jan 06 23:05:28 <Dr_Kens> She tries them all.
Jan 06 23:06:16 <MonkeyBomb> Ace takes a nap.
Jan 06 23:06:33 * Echo has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Jan 06 23:06:33 * Notify: Echo is offline (SCP and Related Channels).
Jan 06 23:07:03 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide starts trying keys on cars
Jan 06 23:09:18 <Maddy> None of the trucks will start, though you find plenty that fit right. Looks like dead batteries.
Jan 06 23:09:59 * Notify: Echo is online (SCP and Related Channels).
Jan 06 23:10:05 <MonkeyBomb> "Greeeeeat. Oh well. Our luck had to run out somewhere."
Jan 06 23:10:14 <Maddy> "Hmmm maybe we should head back, get some car people, and come back?"
Jan 06 23:10:33 <MereObserver> "Do we /have/ car people?"
Jan 06 23:10:40 <Maddy> "Munroe."
Jan 06 23:10:45 <Maddy> "So uh, one."
Jan 06 23:10:49 <Maddy> she shrugs.
Jan 06 23:11:08 <Dr_Kens> "Yep. Let's take the keys back with us and come back during daylight?"
Jan 06 23:11:14 <Gara> "Sounds good."
Jan 06 23:11:36 * Echo (cisum.nikkarf|htffonrut#cisum.nikkarf|htffonrut) has joined #afteractionmission
Jan 06 23:11:36 * ChanServ sets mode +q #afteractionmission Echo
Jan 06 23:11:36 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Echo
Jan 06 23:11:38 <MereObserver> "Alright, not like they're going anywhere fast like this anyway."
Jan 06 23:11:45 <Maddy> "Good idea." Jani takes out a marker, writes 3 on the door of the truck, and her key.
Jan 06 23:12:16 <Dr_Kens> "Hey, throw me the marker when you're done so I can do the same."
Jan 06 23:12:27 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide starts trying keys on cars
Jan 06 23:12:29 <Maddy> She tosses it over.
Jan 06 23:12:34 <Tehpillowstar> uh redact that
Jan 06 23:12:41 <WalrusKing> Ilya does that with his, if he has one.
Jan 06 23:13:08 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide watches Jani and says "Hey, toss me that marker when you're done"
Jan 06 23:13:27 <Maddy> "Maria's got it."
Jan 06 23:13:36 <Dr_Kens> Maria marks down her three keys and trucks, and gives it to Jani.
Jan 06 23:13:40 <Dr_Kens> *Adelaide
Jan 06 23:13:57 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide marks down the key and truck and returns the marker to Jani.
Jan 06 23:14:46 <Maddy> She puts her marker away.
Jan 06 23:15:32 <Gara> John marks! And gives!
Jan 06 23:16:11 <Maddy> After plenty of marking and giving, eventually all the trucks are marked, and people can head home whenever, nothing attacks them horribly.
Jan 06 23:16:23 <MonkeyBomb> Except for maybe mosquitos?
Jan 06 23:16:30 <MonkeyBomb> *mosquitoes
Jan 06 23:16:32 <WalrusKing> Ilya lumbers back towards camp, along with other people.
Jan 06 23:16:51 <Dr_Kens> Maria goes back to base with the rest, hoping to clean the damn bloody arrow.
Jan 06 23:17:04 <MereObserver> Samson walks back to camp, twirls a key on his finger and holding his shotgun in the other.