Fahrenheit 451

Dec 20 19:10:47 <Maddy> A breaze blows the faint far off scent of something rotting.
Dec 20 19:10:48 * MonkeyFeeds is now known as MonkeyBomb
Dec 20 19:10:53 * WalrusKing (~PI.5241FB9E.F232B274.FF2FD4D9|niKsurlaW#PI.5241FB9E.F232B274.FF2FD4D9|niKsurlaW) has left #afteraction (Leaving)
Dec 20 19:10:59 * Topic for #afteraction is: Welcome to After Action. Please refer OOC text to #afteractionooc | Secondary room: #afteractionmission |RouteMap:http://maps.google.com/ Last Stop - Norwich, NY, USA - Current Location: http://goo.gl/maps/KftHo
Dec 20 19:10:59 * Topic for #afteraction set by Maddy at Thu Nov 28 19:16:00 2013
Dec 20 19:11:22 <dexandroid> Myr pauses, eyes going wide, and shoots to her feet, looking out at the dark.
Dec 20 19:13:06 <Pemander> Ari hops out of the trailer and stretches her arms over her head.
Dec 20 19:13:36 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte is around here somewhere, doing Charlotte-like things.
Dec 20 19:14:21 <Maddy> Utica New York is still out there, a dead and dark city, and not far from where they need to go. The smell is still rather faint.
Dec 20 19:14:37 <Echo> "That's… that smells like when those things showed up."
Dec 20 19:15:20 <dexandroid> "We should get going."
Dec 20 19:17:12 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle is suddenly there
Dec 20 19:17:18 <Gara> Emma isn't, she's napping somewhere.
Dec 20 19:17:23 <Pemander> She heads over to her bike. "Yeah. Sure."
Dec 20 19:17:27 <Gara> Probably in the back Eels!
Dec 20 19:17:50 <Echo> Scott stares down at the roof of the trailer, then scoots to the edge and slides down off the side.
Dec 20 19:18:02 <Echo> "Guess so."
Dec 20 19:18:35 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle notices everybody getting ready to roll out and walks to Eels, folding up the slice of pizza he was eating and finishing it along the way
Dec 20 19:19:03 <Maddy> Elle is standing by the LAV looking at a ma and thinking things over.
Dec 20 19:19:05 <Echo> He heads into the rear of the LAV, pops open the gear locker… and starts rummaging around.
Dec 20 19:19:06 <dexandroid> Myr climbs down and buried of towards the Eve. «we're getting going. Pack up.»
Dec 20 19:19:56 <Echo> «Yeah, yeah, gimme a second. I'm grabbing some stuff."
Dec 20 19:20:07 <Gara> «Where to, what's going on?»
Dec 20 19:20:54 <Echo> «Those things that's been coming after us? We're gonna go after them.»
Dec 20 19:21:17 <Pemander> Ari starts up the engine and sits on the motorcycle, waiting.
Dec 20 19:21:18 <PaulS_laptop> «Good.»
Dec 20 19:21:20 <Gara> «… The things that intentionally didn't kill me?»
Dec 20 19:21:37 <Maddy> «Guys, I think this is the best chance we;re gonna get. Can't let these things get us thist close to what we need.>
Dec 20 19:21:42 <Gara> «Fucki-» Beat. «Sorry, uh, okay.»
Dec 20 19:22:00 <Maddy> «Anyone who wants to come with, head over to the LAV, I have…kinda of a plan?»
Dec 20 19:22:21 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle starts Eels up. The old engine kicks over and he pushes the choke back in before dismounting and heading over to the LAV
Dec 20 19:22:30 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte tightens her gloves and pats the switchblade in her pocket before heading over to the LAV.
Dec 20 19:22:43 <Echo> Scott slaps the side of the hull a few times. "I'm in here!"
Dec 20 19:22:59 <Maddy> "Well come oout here then."
Dec 20 19:23:07 <Gara> Emma pops out of Eels's bed. "Okay, yeah, hey." And walks over.
Dec 20 19:23:35 <Pemander> Ari guides the bike over to the LAV and puts the kickstand down once more, then turns off the engine. "I thought we were goin'."
Dec 20 19:23:53 <dexandroid> Myr leans on Eve, listening. She seems impatient.
Dec 20 19:23:55 <Echo> Scott temporarily abandons his dig in the gear locker and steps down the ramp.
Dec 20 19:24:58 <Echo> He's holding an absolutely obnoxious shotgun. "Yo! Kyle!"
Dec 20 19:25:08 <PaulS_laptop> "Yo"
Dec 20 19:25:13 <Gara> "… What is that."
Dec 20 19:25:20 <Gara> "And do we have another?"
Dec 20 19:25:20 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle doesn't even need to ask
Dec 20 19:25:21 <Echo> Scott makes a circle over his head with a finger. "Elle's got something for us. Bring it in."
Dec 20 19:25:22 <PaulS_laptop> he just grins
Dec 20 19:25:43 <Echo> He tosses the thing in Kyle's direction. A quadruple-barreled shotgun.
Dec 20 19:26:00 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle catches it
Dec 20 19:26:17 <PaulS_laptop> "Where'd you find this thing?" clearly pleased
Dec 20 19:27:11 <Maddy> "Well it's not a total plan. There way too much we don't know going into this place, but…" she points to the trailer. "…we hook the trailer up to the SUV, whoever's not coming with us takes those to somewhere safe in Utica."
Dec 20 19:27:46 <Echo> "And then?"
Dec 20 19:27:51 <Maddy> "The rest of us pile into Eels and the LAV and head to the facility. I want people to beabel to get out and as far away from here as possible if then need to."
Dec 20 19:28:01 <Maddy> "Well, the people not coming now anyways."
Dec 20 19:28:23 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle nods
Dec 20 19:28:38 <Gara> "I can go."
Dec 20 19:28:39 <Echo> "So my Hummer's gonna take the trailer out of town, and we're gonna take the combat vehicles in."
Dec 20 19:28:46 <Gara> She's determined as hell.
Dec 20 19:28:49 <Maddy> "If at all possible, I think our best bet is it set off the site nuke…" she frowns. "Assumign it's working and has a timer so we can get out of here."
Dec 20 19:28:50 <Echo> Scott looks over at Emma. "That knee all right?"
Dec 20 19:28:58 <Gara> "I've had worse."
Dec 20 19:29:02 <MonkeyBomb> <Sounds fun.>
Dec 20 19:29:11 <PaulS_laptop> "We can probably rig a timer anyway"
Dec 20 19:29:15 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte pauses… That sounds like something Arianna would say.
Dec 20 19:29:30 <Maddy> "If it's on manual start…well I'm not gonna make you draw straws, you guys just get out and safe."
Dec 20 19:29:49 <Echo> "… Let's just hold off on the morbid shit."
Dec 20 19:29:53 <Gara> "Lets not have a bullshit arguement about that later, at least, yeah."
Dec 20 19:29:59 <Maddy> The smell of rotting eggs gets stronger…you think you can hear marching in the distance.
Dec 20 19:30:01 <Gara> "And assume it has a timer until we can prove otherwise."
Dec 20 19:30:17 <PaulS_laptop> "You guys smell that?"
Dec 20 19:30:21 <MonkeyBomb> <Yes.>
Dec 20 19:30:23 <Gara> "We'll burn that bridge when we get to it. Now, on burning, I'll be on the technical."
Dec 20 19:31:04 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle nods in her direction
Dec 20 19:31:36 <Echo> "There… we got any more information on the facility?"
Dec 20 19:31:42 <Maddy> There's the sound of tree limbs breaking, and you can feel heavy boom…boom…boom. It's in time with the marching, but separate.
Dec 20 19:31:51 <PaulS_laptop> "If you smell gas, for God's sake don't fire it"
Dec 20 19:31:56 <Echo> "How big it is, a map, anything?"
Dec 20 19:31:56 <Pemander> Ari sighs. "I really wanted to take the bike."
Dec 20 19:32:05 <Gara> "I won't, I really like to not burn to death."
Dec 20 19:32:06 <dexandroid> Myr looks out to the sounds, the dull roar in the distance, letting out a shivering sigh.
Dec 20 19:32:37 <Maddy> "Looks like they didn't have anything else at the site to prevent cross contam, so ots probably not too huge, just far down."
Dec 20 19:32:39 <Gara> She hobbles over to the flamethrower.
Dec 20 19:32:48 <Gara> Assuming it's in earshot
Dec 20 19:33:01 <PaulS_laptop> it is, but the muffler blew out last time so it's pretty goddamn loud
Dec 20 19:33:17 <Gara> Yeah, no, she stays so she can hear,.
Dec 20 19:33:26 <Maddy> You start to see shaps in the darkness.
Dec 20 19:33:27 <Pemander> "We should probably get a move on. Like, now-ish."
Dec 20 19:33:33 <Gara> "Kay."
Dec 20 19:33:49 <Maddy> Elle nods and gets into the LAV to drive.
Dec 20 19:33:51 <Pemander> Arianna takes off her gloves and wiggles her black fingers, then cracks her neck.
Dec 20 19:33:55 <Gara> She hobbles over to the flamethrower.
Dec 20 19:34:02 <Echo> "I'm gonna go through this gear real quick."
Dec 20 19:34:04 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle walks over to the improvised deathmachine
Dec 20 19:34:21 <Pemander> She hops off the bike and then hops into Eels.
Dec 20 19:34:34 <PaulS_laptop> "I think I saw a rocket launcher there at one point!" back to Scott
Dec 20 19:34:55 <Gara> "There's… is the LAV the Narnia of gear?"
Dec 20 19:34:56 <Maddy> Assumadly someone hooks the trailer up to the SUV.
Dec 20 19:35:02 <Echo> "Yeah… who wants it."
Dec 20 19:35:06 <Ragazzo> Arnold's doing that.
Dec 20 19:35:13 <Ragazzo> He's just there now.
Dec 20 19:35:20 <Ragazzo> Hooking that shit up.
Dec 20 19:35:22 <Echo> "And yeah, we got a shit-ton of ordnance back here. Kyle, get over here for a minute."
Dec 20 19:35:28 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle walks back over
Dec 20 19:35:34 <Maddy> Bou is in the drivers seat of the SUV.
Dec 20 19:35:36 <Echo> "Ari! C'mere!"
Dec 20 19:35:37 <dexandroid> Myr stares at Ariannas hand for a moment, but climbs in after her.
Dec 20 19:35:55 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte tries to make herself useful.
Dec 20 19:35:59 <Pemander> "What, what, what."
Dec 20 19:36:10 <Pemander> She pokes her head out, nudging Myrtle into the seat.
Dec 20 19:36:24 <Gara> Emma keeps her eyes open.
Dec 20 19:36:33 <Echo> Scott reaches out without looking over, still digging through the box. He's holding a very large knife by the blade. Looks like it's made of… a bunch of wicked-ass shark teeth.
Dec 20 19:36:56 <Pemander> "Looks stupid."
Dec 20 19:36:58 <Echo> Disregard
Dec 20 19:37:12 <Pemander> dammit
Dec 20 19:37:27 <Ragazzo> Arnold wanders over to arianna and folks once he's done.
Dec 20 19:37:43 <Echo> He tosses a SMAW out. then two canisters. "Rocket launcher's here!"
Dec 20 19:38:04 <Echo> What looks like a large, square, canvas-covered block comes next.
Dec 20 19:38:22 <Echo> "Uhhhh… that's C-4."
Dec 20 19:38:32 <PaulS_laptop> "How much we got?"
Dec 20 19:38:32 <Pemander> "We had C-4?"
Dec 20 19:38:45 <dexandroid> "Yes arianna."
Dec 20 19:38:54 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle sets up the SMAW beside the LAV «Emma, you want the rockets?»
Dec 20 19:38:55 <Echo> "Uh, yeah, looks like a kilo."
Dec 20 19:39:01 <Gara> «Yeah.»
Dec 20 19:39:39 <PaulS_laptop> "Unless Elle wants it, I'll take the C4"
Dec 20 19:39:42 <Pemander> "Well, whatever. If you don't have anything for me, I'm going back in." Arianna climbs back over Myrtle and sits in the far seat.
Dec 20 19:40:18 <Echo> He starts tossing out frag grenades by the handfuls, then pulls a belt of a half-dozen of them, strapping it around his waist.
Dec 20 19:40:19 <Echo> "Fuck…"
Dec 20 19:40:33 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle busts out laughing
Dec 20 19:40:42 <dexandroid> Myr pauses, climbing out. "Scott you have the key for the lockbox?"
Dec 20 19:41:05 <Pemander> She flicks her wrist and a Daevite knife slides out of her sleeve. "Going to go full ink this time. Might as well, I guess."
Dec 20 19:41:24 <dexandroid> "I want the mask."
Dec 20 19:41:25 <Echo> He abandons the gear locker, then stands, popping open an improvised medical cabinet. Without looking, he tosses it over.
Dec 20 19:41:31 <Pemander> "Maybe seeing one of their own tearing them apart will make them think twice."
Dec 20 19:41:50 <Ragazzo> "Mmmmmask?"
Dec 20 19:41:51 <Maddy> Atropa is standing by the SUV looking concerned.
Dec 20 19:41:52 <Echo> He pulls out six shrink-wrapped autoinjectors, stuffing three in each cargo pocket.
Dec 20 19:41:54 <Gara> ~Yeah I don't like that even a tiny little shred of a bit.~ "Okay."
Dec 20 19:42:07 <Gara> She continues to look around.
Dec 20 19:42:21 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle takes the C4 and drops it into a cargo pocket
Dec 20 19:42:40 <PaulS_laptop> Begins piling grenades onto his belt
Dec 20 19:43:09 <Echo> After that, he goes back to the supply box, pulls out a hefty-looking machine gun, and a can of ammo. "Fired one of these at a machine gun shoot once…"
Dec 20 19:43:20 <Pemander> "Hey." Ari grabs Myrtle's wrist. "Don't die, okay?"
Dec 20 19:43:26 <Gara> "Who wants that?"
Dec 20 19:43:33 <Echo> He pops the feed tray, slaps it closed, racks the bolt, and pulls the trigger. "Yep. I stillll got it."
Dec 20 19:43:43 <dexandroid> Myr snatches a silver, sinister looking comedy mask from the air. She hears its whispers, its urge to burn.
Dec 20 19:43:48 <Echo> "There's another one in there. Two cans of ammo left."
Dec 20 19:43:50 <Maddy> «Guys, starting to pick up some o these assholes on the heat cam…some of them are huge…suggesting the non-combatents take off.»
Dec 20 19:44:01 <MonkeyBomb> <Do we have any flares?> Charlotte asks. <Never know when you might want some light.>
Dec 20 19:44:05 <PaulS_laptop> "We'll throw it into Eels"
Dec 20 19:44:10 <Gara> <We have NVGs.>
Dec 20 19:44:13 <Gara> «»
Dec 20 19:44:15 <Ragazzo> Arnold dinks about, grabbing weapons and such that he thinks he'll need.
Dec 20 19:44:18 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle enters, grabbing the 240 and slinging it
Dec 20 19:44:22 <Gara> Emma does not suddenly become a telepath.
Dec 20 19:44:23 <Echo> "NVGs. Pass them out."
Dec 20 19:44:24 <dexandroid> She gives a shaky breath and holds it in one hand, looking to Ari. "Looks like we're not making it out."
Dec 20 19:44:39 <dexandroid> "Not the same, at least."
Dec 20 19:44:40 <Echo> Scott grabs a pair and leaves the LAV, rounding the corner. He almost runs into Atropa.
Dec 20 19:44:56 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle grabs a pair, throwing them on his head
Dec 20 19:44:56 <Pemander> Ari frowns.
Dec 20 19:44:58 <Maddy> She hugs him.
Dec 20 19:45:08 <Gara> "Kyle, toss me some of those."
Dec 20 19:45:11 <Maddy> "You're coming back, ok?"
Dec 20 19:45:12 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte still wants some flares…
Dec 20 19:45:36 <PaulS_laptop> A pair of NVGs get proferred to Emma
Dec 20 19:45:38 <dexandroid> Myr glances to Charlotte. "Scott take care of the kid."
Dec 20 19:45:57 <MonkeyBomb> She frowns. <I can take care of myself.>
Dec 20 19:46:01 <Pemander> Arianna claps her hands over her mouth. "You two have a kid?!"
Dec 20 19:46:06 <Pemander> "…oh, that one."
Dec 20 19:46:12 <Gara> "Pffffftttt."
Dec 20 19:46:22 <Echo> Scott returns it and kisses her cheek.
Dec 20 19:46:28 <MonkeyBomb> She ignores them and proceeds to dig around for some flares.
Dec 20 19:46:30 <dexandroid> "Ah-ha. Ah ha
Dec 20 19:46:32 <dexandroid> ."
Dec 20 19:46:33 <Echo> "We'll be back in a couple hours, okay?"
Dec 20 19:46:59 <PaulS_laptop> "Emma. Catch"
Dec 20 19:47:09 <PaulS_laptop> A sawed off shotgun looking thing comes sailing out
Dec 20 19:47:17 <Gara> Emma catches.
Dec 20 19:48:00 <MonkeyBomb> Presumably, Charlotte finds some flares and stuffs them in her backpack.
Dec 20 19:48:07 <Gara> She totally put on her NVGs too. "What's this?"
Dec 20 19:48:11 <Maddy> She nods. "I could…" she holds her hand up. "Send you with some of my stuff? Wont do much but…"
Dec 20 19:48:13 <Echo> Scott pulls her around back toward the rear of the LAV, and climbs back up the ramp, grabbing the last casevac bag off a hook.
Dec 20 19:48:20 <Echo> "Do it."
Dec 20 19:48:28 <dexandroid> Myr climbs back in after Ari again.
Dec 20 19:48:49 <PaulS_laptop> "Wierd shotgun thing I found. Backup gun?"
Dec 20 19:48:49 <Ragazzo> Arnold gets in some vehicle, after getting all his stuff.
Dec 20 19:49:09 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle heads back to Eels, with a rocket launcher and machine gun
Dec 20 19:49:22 <Gara> "Sure."
Dec 20 19:49:27 <PaulS_laptop> "I'll pass the rocket up to you. MG stays in the cab unless we got another shooter up top with you"
Dec 20 19:49:31 <Gara> "Yeah."
Dec 20 19:49:44 <Maddy> Atorpa nods, secreting the aloe stuff for put in a bottle. Basically it's her power without her being there, 3 uses, 1 body per use, each person can only use it once.
Dec 20 19:49:50 <Pemander> "So Troy never came back, huh."
Dec 20 19:50:07 <Gara> Emma takes the rocket. "Yeah that's fine."
Dec 20 19:51:56 <dexandroid> "No. It was him or everyone else."
Dec 20 19:51:59 <Ragazzo> Arnold has obtained a sniper rifle in addition to his usual gear. He's patiently checking it over.
Dec 20 19:52:15 <Gara> "Arnold, what's that?"
Dec 20 19:52:38 <Echo> Scott steps back out of the LAV, loaded down. He gives Atropa another hug. "You got a radio, right?"
Dec 20 19:52:49 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte considers grabbing a pistol or something, but the words "friendly fire" come to mind. She'll stick with her knife and flares for now.
Dec 20 19:53:01 <Maddy> "Yeah." she gives him the bottle of stuff. "We'll be in Utica."
Dec 20 19:53:09 <dexandroid> Myr holds the mask in her lap. "Maybe we'll see him again."
Dec 20 19:53:22 <Echo> He nods, and shoves it into a cargo pocket with the autoinjectors.
Dec 20 19:53:30 <Echo> "Keep it on, okay?"
Dec 20 19:53:33 <dexandroid> "Good luck, Elle. Stay sharp."
Dec 20 19:54:11 * lurkd (PI.D70B510C.CD527FFC.BA07CB2D|tibbiM#PI.D70B510C.CD527FFC.BA07CB2D|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Dec 20 19:54:31 <Pemander> "I never really figured him out."
Dec 20 19:54:53 <PaulS_laptop> "You good up there?" to Emma
Dec 20 19:55:01 <Echo> "Be safe, all right? We'll be in Utica in a few hours, yeah?"
Dec 20 19:55:02 <Gara> "Golden."
Dec 20 19:55:08 <Ragazzo> "Hmm?"
Dec 20 19:55:12 <dexandroid> "The foundation… broke him. Like, he couldn't not contain."
Dec 20 19:55:16 <Ragazzo> "It's a sniper rifle."
Dec 20 19:55:27 <Ragazzo> "I'm going to shoot things with it."
Dec 20 19:55:34 <Gara> "That's the idea."
Dec 20 19:55:39 <dexandroid> "He's a good man but…"
Dec 20 19:55:49 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle reaches into his wartrukk and flips the airbag switch and anyone in the bed can feel it rise a good couple inches
Dec 20 19:56:00 <Maddy> Atropa nods. "I love you."
Dec 20 19:56:06 <Gara> Emma looks down at the bed and frowns.
Dec 20 19:56:06 <Pemander> "Nobody's good, Myrtle."
Dec 20 19:56:11 <Pemander> "Some are just a lot better at pretending."
Dec 20 19:56:16 <Gara> That isn't normal.
Dec 20 19:56:21 <Echo> Scott gives her one more hug. "I love you too."
Dec 20 19:56:31 <dexandroid> "… No, they're not. But they can try."
Dec 20 19:56:34 <Echo> With that, he clambers up the ramp of the LAV, and straps into a jumpseat.
Dec 20 19:57:00 <PaulS_laptop> «Eels is good to go. You want lead, or you want us to?»
Dec 20 19:57:02 <Maddy> Atropa head into the SUV. «Anyone else coing with us, w're leaving now.» says Bou
Dec 20 19:57:33 <dexandroid> «Stay safe, Bou."
Dec 20 19:58:37 <Echo> «Yeah, Bou, watch out for your sister 'til we get back.»
Dec 20 19:58:48 <Pemander> «Bye, Boubabby.»
Dec 20 19:58:56 <Gara> «Seeya in a bit, guys.»
Dec 20 19:58:59 <PaulS_laptop> «Drive safe guys»
Dec 20 19:59:08 <Ragazzo> Arnold counts ammunition.
Dec 20 19:59:16 <Echo> Scott mashes the button to close the ramp on the LAV.
Dec 20 19:59:25 <Maddy> And the hummer heads out with people.
Dec 20 19:59:39 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle drops Eels into first
Dec 20 19:59:45 * WalrusKing (~PI.5241FB9E.F232B274.FF2FD4D9|niKsurlaW#PI.5241FB9E.F232B274.FF2FD4D9|niKsurlaW) has joined #afteraction
Dec 20 20:00:03 <Maddy> «Kyle, lets go side by. So whoevers on your weapon and on mine dont shoot eachother.
Dec 20 20:00:05 <Maddy> »
Dec 20 20:00:27 <Gara> "Yeah that'd pretty much fucking suck."
Dec 20 20:00:45 <PaulS_laptop> «Works for me. Emma, pump's on?»
Dec 20 20:00:56 <Gara> «I turned it on when I got on.»
Dec 20 20:01:07 <Pemander> "I'm not afraid to die," Ari quietly states. "But I really hope I don't die like a bitch."
Dec 20 20:01:07 <PaulS_laptop> «Kickass.»
Dec 20 20:02:05 <Echo> After a few moments of consideration, Scott unhooks his seat's harness and get up in the LAV's turret.
Dec 20 20:02:13 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle pulls Eels up beside the LAV
Dec 20 20:02:36 <dexandroid> "Ari of you die you'll die like a god."
Dec 20 20:02:37 <Maddy> Just then the army of daevites breaks into view.
Dec 20 20:02:45 <Echo> He jounces around a little as he gets into place, then brings the optics online, spins the turret a bit to check its rotation, and chambers up the rounds just like Elle showed him.
Dec 20 20:02:58 <Maddy> They stop short…staring at the group.
Dec 20 20:03:00 <Echo> He shouts, audible only to those in the LAV. "HOLY FUCK."
Dec 20 20:03:05 <dexandroid> Myr looks out at the army. "And what are demons to the gods?"
Dec 20 20:03:18 <Pemander> "Myrtle that was melodramatic as hell."
Dec 20 20:03:22 <Gara> "Thats…" Range?
Dec 20 20:03:33 <Ragazzo> Arnold rubs the side of his head.
Dec 20 20:03:42 <PaulS_laptop> «Burn 'em»
Dec 20 20:03:44 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte, in her seat in the windowless LAV, wishes she could see what's going on.
Dec 20 20:03:44 <Pemander> Arianna looks out the window.
Dec 20 20:03:44 <Maddy> They're like half a football feild away. The buld of the army is just the regular dudes.
Dec 20 20:03:47 <dexandroid> "I've been waiting weeks to say that gimme a break."
Dec 20 20:03:51 <Maddy> But there are a few of the skinny dudes
Dec 20 20:03:57 <Echo> "ELLE, JUST DRIVE!"
Dec 20 20:04:04 <dexandroid> "I thought it was poetic."
Dec 20 20:04:18 <Maddy> and like a handfull of what can only be described as ogre daevites.
Dec 20 20:04:23 <Echo> «Wartrukk, pull in behind us.»
Dec 20 20:04:23 <Pemander> "Only if you think Avenged Sevenfold is poetic."
Dec 20 20:04:30 <PaulS_laptop> «Covering your rear»
Dec 20 20:04:31 <Maddy> "Got it!" Elle steps on it.
Dec 20 20:04:33 <Gara> 4df+5 Wanna let it burn, let it burn, let it burn…
Dec 20 20:04:33 <CROM> Gara: Wanna let it burn, let it burn, let it burn…: 6 (4df+5=0, +, -, +)
Dec 20 20:04:34 <Pemander> "The Beast and the Harloooooot."
Dec 20 20:04:35 <dexandroid> "What's that?"
Dec 20 20:04:38 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte braces herself.
Dec 20 20:04:41 <Pemander> "It's a band, stupid."
Dec 20 20:04:44 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle pulls in behind them, running up through the gears
Dec 20 20:04:45 <Pemander> "Stay focused. The hunt is afoot."
Dec 20 20:04:53 <dexandroid> "Sounds like a terrible band."
Dec 20 20:05:18 <Gara> d11 I forgot this part
Dec 20 20:05:19 <CROM> Gara: I forgot this part: 2 (d11=2)
Dec 20 20:05:21 <Pemander> Arianna climbs halfway out the window and sits on the opening in the door.
Dec 20 20:05:36 <Ragazzo> Arnold is in uh, the jeep?
Dec 20 20:05:40 <Echo> 4df+7 Scott opens up with the last of the 25mm ammunition, straight ahead, trying to clear a path for the LAV.
Dec 20 20:05:40 <CROM> Echo: Scott opens up with the last of the 25mm ammunition, straight ahead, trying to clear a path for the LAV.: 7 (4df+7=-, +, +, -)
Dec 20 20:05:41 <MonkeyBomb> Not much she can do from her spot in the LAV. Charlotte closes her eyes and enjoys the ride.
Dec 20 20:05:45 <Maddy> You're certain you hit soe but fuck if you can see what happened, cause they're not following yet. Looks like they'r…
Dec 20 20:05:46 <Pemander> She takes the scrunchie out of her hair and lets it blow in the wind.
Dec 20 20:05:47 <Maddy> No
Dec 20 20:05:48 <Maddy> no no no
Dec 20 20:05:51 <Maddy> they're behind yp
Dec 20 20:05:54 <Maddy> like
Dec 20 20:05:57 <Echo> Ah, very well.
Dec 20 20:05:58 <dexandroid> She shivers, shaking her head and rolling down her on window.
Dec 20 20:06:16 <Echo> Scott does NOT do that then.
Dec 20 20:06:22 <Gara> Emma does it anyway.
Dec 20 20:06:32 <Maddy> Anyways
Dec 20 20:06:57 <Echo> Scott redirects his attention from the Daevites to dead ahead of the LAV, keeping an eye on the sides of the road.
Dec 20 20:07:01 <Pemander> Ari waves back at the Daevite army as they drive away. "Heeey, friends. You're going too slow!"
Dec 20 20:07:17 <Maddy> Liek I said you dont see who you hit cause the "general" of this army just looks confused, like he was about to give some speach and you guys just set his friends on fire.
Dec 20 20:07:30 <Echo> After a few moments behind the 25mm, he climbs up into the commander's seat, behind the minigun.
Dec 20 20:07:40 <Maddy> Apparently he's been watching too much LotR.
Dec 20 20:07:52 <dexandroid> "Well. We have the element of surprise."
Dec 20 20:07:57 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle looks back in the california mirrors
Dec 20 20:08:01 <dexandroid> "They… Hold on
Dec 20 20:08:04 <dexandroid> ."
Dec 20 20:09:00 <Echo> «At least we know we're gonna get there first, huh?»
Dec 20 20:09:17 <Gara> "… What the…" She continues to light the lot of them on fire.
Dec 20 20:09:29 <Maddy> The ground starts rumbling, the big ones give chace!
Dec 20 20:09:29 <Ragazzo> «It'd be a shame if we ended up late.»
Dec 20 20:09:34 <Pemander> Ari waves the Daevite knife in the air. "Going to kill your BOOK."
Dec 20 20:10:07 <Echo> Scott spins the skate mount to face to the rear as he feels the rumble. "HOLY FUCK AGAIN!"
Dec 20 20:10:19 <dexandroid> "They're writing a narrative. The book is an epic history. They're writing their own narrative." Myr mutters, mesmerized by the flames. "They want it to read well."
Dec 20 20:10:24 <Gara> Emma focuses on burning htem to death.
Dec 20 20:10:25 <Echo> «UH, GUYS IN THE TRUCK. PUT A ROCKET ON THE BIG ONES.»
Dec 20 20:10:56 * Puppetmaster (meht.gnillup|sgnirts#meht.gnillup|sgnirts) has joined #afteraction
Dec 20 20:11:37 <Gara> Emma will go ahead and do that if burning them isn't effective.
Dec 20 20:11:44 <Maddy> Well
Dec 20 20:11:46 <Maddy> roll then?
Dec 20 20:11:52 <Gara> 4df+5 Burn!
Dec 20 20:11:52 <CROM> Gara: Burn!: 9 (4df+5=+, +, +, +)
Dec 20 20:11:56 <Gara> Oh fuck yes.
Dec 20 20:11:57 <Gara> 1d11
Dec 20 20:11:57 <CROM> Gara: 4 (1d11=4)
Dec 20 20:12:10 <Pemander> Arianna kicks Myrtle lightly. "Stay focused. The hunt is afoot."
Dec 20 20:12:22 <Maddy> Which one?
Dec 20 20:13:02 <Gara> How far apart are they? As many as she can get, with a strong priority on the near ones.
Dec 20 20:13:09 <dexandroid> "I-im sorry. Its the fire. I think I'm going crazy." She swallows, gripping the mask.
Dec 20 20:13:31 <Pemander> "A stutter? Disgusting." Arianna grimaces.
Dec 20 20:13:58 <Pemander> "If you start acting like a wimp on me I'll kill you before they get a chance."
Dec 20 20:14:02 <Echo> 4df+7 Scott opens up with the Bushmaster now, intent on helping Emma stop the big ones from charging them.
Dec 20 20:14:03 <CROM> Echo: Scott opens up with the Bushmaster now, intent on helping Emma stop the big ones from charging them.: 6 (4df+7=-, 0, 0, 0)
Dec 20 20:14:32 <Maddy> There's about 5 you can see, in kind of a V formation
Dec 20 20:14:36 <Ragazzo> Arnold rolls a marble between his fingers while sitting in the lav.
Dec 20 20:14:36 <dexandroid> "Shut up Inky." She snaps out of her trance, looking at Emma. "BURN EM ALL."
Dec 20 20:14:56 <Maddy> 4df+5 vs Emma
Dec 20 20:14:57 <CROM> Maddy: vs Emma: 5 (4df+5=-, -, +, +)
Dec 20 20:15:02 <Maddy> 4df+5 vs Scoot
Dec 20 20:15:03 <CROM> Maddy: vs Scoot: 5 (4df+5=+, 0, -, 0)
Dec 20 20:15:19 <Pemander> Ari grins.
Dec 20 20:15:45 <Pemander> "Anyone have a grenade for me?"
Dec 20 20:15:50 <Echo> 25mm High explosive.
Dec 20 20:15:59 <Maddy> The lead behemoth is now on fire and filled with bullets, it staggers a moment, but the keeps running.
Dec 20 20:16:25 <Maddy> These dont' seem to be made of the same paper and nightmares the others are.
Dec 20 20:16:28 <dexandroid> «Scott, don't know if you can hear this but Ari wants a bomb.»
Dec 20 20:16:45 <PaulS_laptop> «What're we looking at back there?»
Dec 20 20:16:59 <Echo> «CHECK THE SUPPLY BOX. THERE'S GRENADES FOR DAYS.»
Dec 20 20:17:00 <Gara> «They aren't stopping.» Are they gaining on us?
Dec 20 20:17:13 <Pemander> Ari ducks back into the truck and rummages through the supply box.
Dec 20 20:17:17 <Echo> «ELLE. SPEED. *UP*.»
Dec 20 20:17:22 <PaulS_laptop> «We can spare a rocket»
Dec 20 20:17:46 <Maddy> They are not gaining, but they're keeping up.
Dec 20 20:17:53 <Maddy> Elle goes faster!
Dec 20 20:17:55 <Pemander> "Grenades are kind of like marshmallows that explode." She pulls the pins out with her teeth and casually tosses them back out the window.
Dec 20 20:17:57 <Pemander> 4df+4 Power
Dec 20 20:17:58 <CROM> Pemander: Power: 3 (4df+4=-, +, 0, -)
Dec 20 20:18:00 <Pemander> Dassa 5.
Dec 20 20:18:04 <Gara> «Fine, I'll hit it.»
Dec 20 20:18:06 <Maddy> 1 d 100, pem
Dec 20 20:18:10 <Pemander> 1d100
Dec 20 20:18:10 <CROM> Pemander: 97 (1d100=97)
Dec 20 20:18:15 <Pemander> "Eat well. Eat well of fire."
Dec 20 20:18:15 <dexandroid> OOOH
Dec 20 20:18:19 <Maddy> You frage the lead one!
Dec 20 20:18:22 <Maddy> frag
Dec 20 20:18:24 <Ragazzo> such dusty
Dec 20 20:18:26 <Maddy> Bits go flying.
Dec 20 20:18:27 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle runs it up into 4th
Dec 20 20:18:28 <Ragazzo> very alchemist
Dec 20 20:18:45 <Maddy> They don't rot like the little ones do, if anyone cares to notice.
Dec 20 20:19:02 <dexandroid> "… Arianna." Myr stares out the window. "… Did you just… Blow up a giant?"
Dec 20 20:19:11 <Maddy> The 4 left get closer to eachother, they're still matching the LAV's speed some how.
Dec 20 20:19:34 <Maddy> You can see in the distance, the army of little guys are voiping up as well.
Dec 20 20:19:43 <Gara> Emma sends a rocket.
Dec 20 20:19:52 <Echo> Scott gives up with the LAV, the Bushmaster empty. Little ones coming in behind them?
Dec 20 20:19:55 <Pemander> Arianna shakes her hair out in the wind. "I like this. This feels right."
Dec 20 20:20:02 <PaulS_laptop> «Be advised, I'm about to top out here»
Dec 20 20:20:07 <Pemander> "Maybe what my life needed was a little urgency."
Dec 20 20:20:07 <Gara> 4df+6 Die die die die die…
Dec 20 20:20:08 <CROM> Gara: Die die die die die…: 9 (4df+6=+, +, 0, +)
Dec 20 20:20:43 <Maddy> BOOM there goes the closest on the right, staggering the one behind him a second and you lose sight of him.
Dec 20 20:20:45 <Echo> After that, Scott drops down into the LAV, and mashes the hydraulic release, dropping the ramp down to scrape against the ground.
Dec 20 20:21:06 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte opens her eyes.
Dec 20 20:21:12 <Maddy> oh dear pdef scott
Dec 20 20:21:13 <Echo> He doesn't take any chances, and starts winging grenade after grenade out of the gear locker behind them.
Dec 20 20:21:28 <Echo> 4df+4 Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Dec 20 20:21:28 <CROM> Echo: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu: 4 (4df+4=0, 0, +, -)
Dec 20 20:21:40 <Maddy> 4df+4 AP
Dec 20 20:21:41 <CROM> Maddy: AP: 3 (4df+4=-, -, +, 0)
Dec 20 20:22:04 <PaulS_laptop> «LAV, your hatch has dropped. What's-are those grenades?»
Dec 20 20:22:10 <Echo> The grenades keep coming. He slings them, one after another. Priming, throwing, priming, throwing.
Dec 20 20:22:20 <Maddy> One of the small ones is right behind scott suddenly, but porting into a moving vehicle makes his aim shit.
Dec 20 20:22:36 <Maddy> roll 1d100 too
Dec 20 20:23:16 <Echo> 1d100
Dec 20 20:23:17 <CROM> Echo: 33 (1d100=33)
Dec 20 20:23:27 <Ragazzo> Arnold shoots this one daevite behind scott?
Dec 20 20:23:45 <Echo> He dives to the floor, no longer slinging grenades.
Dec 20 20:23:54 <Maddy> You're good for now, heavily damaging the big dudes. They fall off to regroup. Arnold go ahead
Dec 20 20:24:26 <Ragazzo> 4df+3 shooty
Dec 20 20:24:26 <CROM> Ragazzo: shooty: 3 (4df+3=0, +, 0, -)
Dec 20 20:24:44 <Maddy> 4df+1 fack
Dec 20 20:24:45 <CROM> Maddy: fack: 1 (4df+1=0, +, -, 0)
Dec 20 20:24:55 <Maddy> Dead and rotting, armold pdef
Dec 20 20:25:25 <Ragazzo> 4df+3 uh oh
Dec 20 20:25:26 <CROM> Ragazzo: uh oh: 2 (4df+3=+, -, 0, -)
Dec 20 20:25:35 <Maddy> 4df+4
Dec 20 20:25:35 <CROM> Maddy: 6 (4df+4=+, +, -, +)
Dec 20 20:26:29 <Maddy> You barely feel it at first, but you're face to face with another daevite, and something is in your abdomen.
Dec 20 20:27:25 <Ragazzo> "Aghk."
Dec 20 20:27:44 <Maddy> The creature pulls out the knife and you're leaking. They aren't playing for show anymore. -1 body.
Dec 20 20:27:52 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+5 [Dominance -1 AP] Not again! Charlotte forces her mind upon the Daevite…
Dec 20 20:27:52 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: [Dominance -1 AP] Not again! Charlotte forces her mind upon the Daevite…: 5 (4df+5=-, 0, +, 0)
Dec 20 20:28:04 <Maddy> 4df+3 aw shit
Dec 20 20:28:04 <CROM> Maddy: aw shit: 2 (4df+3=0, +, -, -)
Dec 20 20:28:05 <Echo> O_O
Dec 20 20:28:30 <Maddy> The dominance is almost painful, but it takes, and it feels wrong. However it's all yours.
Dec 20 20:29:07 <Echo> There's a grenade by Scott. Looks like he was about to throw it.
Dec 20 20:29:17 <Echo> It bounces around on the hull, rattling.
Dec 20 20:29:30 <MonkeyBomb> The little Daevite feels inclined to pick up a grenade.. Yes, that one over there. That pin shouldn't be there… No sir. Take it out please and tell your friends hello for me.
Dec 20 20:29:46 <Ragazzo> Arnold presses on his leaky bits, his eyes go to the grenade. Is it live?
Dec 20 20:31:16 <Maddy> The Daevite laughs, his greasy spittle getting everywhere. He picks up the grenade. "You will regret this little one." he spits at Charlotte, though she obviously still has control of him physically as he leaps out the back.
Dec 20 20:31:21 <Maddy> 1d100 CROM pls
Dec 20 20:31:22 <CROM> Maddy: CROM pls: 88 (1d100=88)
Dec 20 20:31:26 * Tehpillowstar (PI.3BC155FE.EA7E8EA2.EF990D96|tibbiM#PI.3BC155FE.EA7E8EA2.EF990D96|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Dec 20 20:31:32 <Maddy> 1d100 once more?
Dec 20 20:31:33 <CROM> Maddy: once more?: 21 (1d100=21)
Dec 20 20:31:36 <Maddy> Awww
Dec 20 20:32:07 <dexandroid> Myr burns an AP for a reroll
Dec 20 20:32:13 <dexandroid> 7 left
Dec 20 20:32:19 <Maddy> I'm taking 20 damnit!
Dec 20 20:32:26 <Gara> THAT'S LOWER!
Dec 20 20:33:15 <PaulS_laptop> «Emma, fuel pressure's good, gauge says you've gotplenty of gas. Hit 'em again»
Dec 20 20:33:39 <Maddy> As the daevite flies into the group the grenade goes of… at first there's no sound but then…WWWWWOOOOM!
Dec 20 20:33:51 <Gara> IS there another group in range?
Dec 20 20:34:05 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte can't help but grin.
Dec 20 20:34:05 <Maddy> The shokwave hits the vehicles, knocking the people in the LAV to the ground and making steerng hard for the drives.
Dec 20 20:34:15 <Maddy> A grenade should NOT have been that big…
Dec 20 20:34:18 <Gara> "…"
Dec 20 20:34:24 <Gara> «What the fuck did you do?»
Dec 20 20:34:25 <PaulS_laptop> «Christ. You okay back there?»
Dec 20 20:34:30 <Ragazzo> Arnold curls up, and shields his eyes until it's safe.
Dec 20 20:34:33 <PaulS_laptop> «Do it again.»
Dec 20 20:34:33 <Gara> «Yeah,yeah I'm good.»
Dec 20 20:34:36 <Echo> Scott's thrown down to the floor again as he was trying to stand, getting the wind knocked out of him.
Dec 20 20:35:04 <Ragazzo> «Just a scratch»
Dec 20 20:35:22 <dexandroid> Myr looks at Aro
Dec 20 20:35:28 <dexandroid> Ari*
Dec 20 20:35:29 <Pemander> Arianna holds onto the top of Eels as she flails about, her upper body still outside the window. "Heeee. This is fun."
Dec 20 20:35:49 <MonkeyBomb> <I think we should close the hatch,> Charlotte yells over the sound of the explosion.
Dec 20 20:35:58 <MonkeyBomb> Er, "yells"
Dec 20 20:36:12 <Echo> Scott crawls over on his stomach, and reaches up to mash the "Close" plunger.
Dec 20 20:36:13 <Maddy> Arnold is still leaking
Dec 20 20:36:25 <Echo> With a groan, the LAV's hatch starts closing.
Dec 20 20:36:32 <Ragazzo> Arnold is pushing on his leaky bits.
Dec 20 20:36:37 <Echo> "Put pressure on it, Arnold!"
Dec 20 20:36:43 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle looks back behind them from the big cali mirror
Dec 20 20:36:54 <Ragazzo> "Yes, thank you, I've been stabbed before."
Dec 20 20:37:23 <Maddy> There's the building, there's more daevites coming but they're a ways back. «Guys I got a stupid plan.»
Dec 20 20:37:37 <Echo> Scott reaches into the strewn contents of the medical cabinet, pulls up one of the shrink-wrapped thing, pulls the wrapping off, and plunges the end of it into Arnold's knife wound.
Dec 20 20:37:41 <Echo> It burns.
Dec 20 20:37:43 <Echo> BAD.
Dec 20 20:37:46 <Echo> 4df+3
Dec 20 20:37:46 <CROM> Echo: 4 (4df+3=0, +, 0, 0)
Dec 20 20:37:56 <Echo> +1 Body, Arnold.
Dec 20 20:38:11 <PaulS_laptop> «Go for it»
Dec 20 20:38:14 <Ragazzo> Arnold makes some unpleasant sounds.
Dec 20 20:38:16 <Echo> What looks like foam spills out of the wound as Scott tosses the injector away.
Dec 20 20:38:19 <Pemander> «I like stupid plans.»
Dec 20 20:38:28 <Pemander> Ari is barely audible over the sound of wind in the radio.
Dec 20 20:38:36 <dexandroid> «Out with it.»
Dec 20 20:38:50 <Ragazzo> «I'm all ears.»
Dec 20 20:38:53 <Maddy> «Think you can go through tose doors, Kyle?»
Dec 20 20:39:00 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte rubs the bump on her head.
Dec 20 20:39:41 <PaulS_laptop> «More than likely.»
Dec 20 20:40:09 <Maddy> «Do it, then get out the way. I'll be coming in behind you.»
Dec 20 20:40:14 <PaulS_laptop> «Can you soften it up with main gun fire first?»
Dec 20 20:40:24 <Echo> «We
Dec 20 20:40:25 <Maddy> «Can do, Scott?»
Dec 20 20:40:31 <Echo> «We're out.»
Dec 20 20:40:38 <Maddy> «Shit.»
Dec 20 20:40:43 <Echo> «… We could ram it.»
Dec 20 20:40:47 <Gara> «…»
Dec 20 20:40:55 <Gara> Yeah, Emma just clicks her radio.
Dec 20 20:40:57 <dexandroid> «no better choice.»
Dec 20 20:41:00 <PaulS_laptop> «I got it»
Dec 20 20:41:06 <Maddy> «Either way, I gotta be the second in.»
Dec 20 20:41:11 <Gara> « Guess- Should I get down or something?»
Dec 20 20:41:17 <Echo> «Seventeen tons, right? Fifty-five miles an hour, it's gonna knock a hole.»
Dec 20 20:41:20 <Ragazzo> Arnold buckles up.
Dec 20 20:41:23 <PaulS_laptop> «Yeah. May want to hold onto something»
Dec 20 20:41:26 <Pemander> Arianna swings back into the truck and looks at Myrtle.
Dec 20 20:41:38 <MonkeyBomb> <Uh oh…> Charlotte braces herself for impact.
Dec 20 20:41:38 <Pemander> "Buckle up." She buckles her seatbelt.
Dec 20 20:41:49 <MonkeyBomb> Well, or whatever the LAV is going to do.
Dec 20 20:41:50 <dexandroid> Myr rummages in her coat, tossing a. Pair of pumpkinseed's out the window. She then buckles up.
Dec 20 20:42:02 <Pemander> "Safety is important."
Dec 20 20:42:04 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle pats the dash of Eels and lays the hammer down
Dec 20 20:42:07 <Gara> Emma lets go of the flamethrower and crouches down into the corner. She grabs hold of somehing.
Dec 20 20:42:08 <Maddy> Elle lets EELS get up front, waiting for her moment.
Dec 20 20:42:20 <Echo> Scott buckles up, cinching the straps of his jumpseat down tight.
Dec 20 20:42:30 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle is already buckled in
Dec 20 20:42:46 <dexandroid> The seeds, though the others will not know, simply fall on the ground, their source locked in combat miles away.
Dec 20 20:43:30 <PaulS_laptop> He aims for the doors
Dec 20 20:43:33 <Maddy> «Hold on to your asses guys» Elle says as Kyle goes through the door?
Dec 20 20:43:52 <PaulS_laptop> Indeed. Full ramming speed
Dec 20 20:44:05 <PaulS_laptop> Does he need to roll?
Dec 20 20:44:51 <Maddy> Nah
Dec 20 20:45:56 <Maddy> Elle SLAMMS ont he breaks, turning the LAV a 180, slams it into reves and hits the gas to the floor.
Dec 20 20:46:37 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle does his best to get the truck the hell out of the way as it makes it through. It's /probably/ a little worse for wear. Gotta love manual steering systems and solid shafts though!
Dec 20 20:47:27 <Echo> «SHIT. Are we going backward? Can you *drive* like that?»
Dec 20 20:47:31 <dexandroid> Myr braces herself, clinging to the mask.
Dec 20 20:47:48 <dexandroid> «FIRST TIME FOR EVERYTHING.»
Dec 20 20:47:51 <Pemander> Arianna lurches forward, her seatbelt preventing her from smashing into the dash.
Dec 20 20:47:57 <Maddy> Elle pops the smoke, and hits the entrance narroly missing EELS. «GO»
Dec 20 20:48:09 <Echo> Scott suddently remembers to grab the 240, He doesn't want it killing anyone flying around.
Dec 20 20:48:39 <Maddy> Elle starts squirming her way to the back compartment.
Dec 20 20:48:57 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle pats the dash of his battered truck and dismounts. It's still running.
Dec 20 20:49:25 <Gara> Emma stands up.
Dec 20 20:49:52 <Echo> Scott looks at Elle.
Dec 20 20:49:53 <Ragazzo> Arnold gets the fuck out, grabbing a bag of grenades on the way.
Dec 20 20:49:56 <Echo> "WHO THE SHIT'S DRIVING?"
Dec 20 20:50:03 <Ragazzo> er wait
Dec 20 20:50:13 <Ragazzo> they're moving still?
Dec 20 20:50:15 <Maddy> no
Dec 20 20:50:21 <Gara> She grabs her arsenal, and hops out.
Dec 20 20:50:50 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle loads himself up. He's clearly kind of overtaxed. He's got the other 240 up
Dec 20 20:50:55 <Echo> Scott clambers out the back of the LAV, machine gun up.
Dec 20 20:50:59 <Echo> What do they see?
Dec 20 20:51:15 <Pemander> Arianna unbuckles and climbs out of Eels, looking a bit dizzy and shaking but none the worse for wear.
Dec 20 20:51:19 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte hops out of the LAV also, a bit shaky after that wild ride.
Dec 20 20:52:20 <Ragazzo> Arnold rubs his face, leaning against something.
Dec 20 20:52:33 <Echo> "Everyone in one piece?"
Dec 20 20:52:39 <Pemander> "I'm OK."
Dec 20 20:52:50 <dexandroid> Myr climbs out of Eels, stumbling a bit. "I'll be okay."
Dec 20 20:52:52 <PaulS_laptop> "I'm good. Truck's good."
Dec 20 20:52:59 <PaulS_laptop> he pats the hood
Dec 20 20:52:59 <Ragazzo> "I think so."
Dec 20 20:53:04 <dexandroid> She slips her glasses back on.
Dec 20 20:53:23 <MonkeyBomb> <I'm good to go.>
Dec 20 20:53:29 <dexandroid> "… We're cornered now, aren't we?"
Dec 20 20:53:49 <Gara> "I'm solid." She has a rocketlauncher over her shoulder, her shotgun across her chest, and is carrying her rifle.
Dec 20 20:53:54 <PaulS_laptop> "Worst case we go out through the wall"
Dec 20 20:54:00 <Maddy> "I dont' think Eve's moving anytime soon…"
Dec 20 20:54:10 <Pemander> Arianna reaches out and gently grabs Myrtle's glasses. "These are cracked and look kind of stupid, Myr."
Dec 20 20:54:17 <MonkeyBomb> <Where'd you learn to drive like that?>
Dec 20 20:54:22 <Pemander> "Maybe you should just go without them this one time."
Dec 20 20:54:33 <Maddy> "I didn't I just thought it would work."
Dec 20 20:54:37 <Maddy> "Good thing it did."
Dec 20 20:54:38 <MonkeyBomb> "…"
Dec 20 20:54:42 <dexandroid> She frowns at Arianna. "… Fine."
Dec 20 20:55:25 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle shuts down Eels to stop them from all being gassed
Dec 20 20:55:29 <Echo> "All right… So now…" Scott looks around to get an idea of their surroundings, clicking on his NVGs.
Dec 20 20:55:32 <Echo> "Where do we go?"
Dec 20 20:55:38 <Pemander> Ari snaps the glasses in half and tosses them away.
Dec 20 20:55:46 <Pemander> "Forward, left, left, down the elevator."
Dec 20 20:55:49 <Maddy> "Ok we gotta get down the the bottom." she looks at a floor plan on the wall. "It's not to far dow-" there loud banging outside, like something trying to ram past the LAV.
Dec 20 20:55:51 <Pemander> "Er, stairs. No power."
Dec 20 20:56:04 <Echo> "Holy shit, they're here already?"
Dec 20 20:56:07 <Pemander> She jogs forward in the dark.
Dec 20 20:56:13 <Pemander> "No time to waste. Off we go."
Dec 20 20:56:22 <Maddy> "They can teleport, dude…but they're not coming in here…"
Dec 20 20:56:22 <Ragazzo> Arnold follows arianna.
Dec 20 20:56:28 <dexandroid> She takes a deep breath and nods, darting off after Arianna.
Dec 20 20:56:32 <Echo> Scott follows Arnold and Ari.
Dec 20 20:56:38 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte follows Scott.
Dec 20 20:56:47 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle hefts the 240, pats the truck again "be safe, okay?" and heads with the others
Dec 20 20:56:51 <Pemander> "Come, little duckies!"
Dec 20 20:57:05 <Echo> He loads the can of ammo into the 240, racks the bolt, and runs, trying to keep up under all the weight.
Dec 20 20:57:10 <Maddy> Elle goes with.
Dec 20 20:57:18 <Pemander> Arianna makes a left when they come to a junction, hops up through a bashed security door, and then goes left again.
Dec 20 20:57:38 <dexandroid> "… You know your way around here?"
Dec 20 20:57:46 <Gara> Emma just follows her
Dec 20 20:57:53 <Gara> She's not going to question it.
Dec 20 20:57:54 <Maddy> "There's only one stairwell here."
Dec 20 20:57:55 <Pemander> "Dunno."
Dec 20 20:58:01 <Pemander> "I just looked at the map."
Dec 20 20:58:11 <Echo> "Little hole in the wall, huh…"
Dec 20 20:58:12 <Maddy> As they head down the stairs they smell something foul.
Dec 20 20:58:22 <PaulS_laptop> "Not a good thing"
Dec 20 20:58:44 <Echo> "If you guys see anything down there, let me and Kyle know. We can drop some lead with these things."
Dec 20 20:58:44 <Maddy> Who's in the front
Dec 20 20:58:45 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+4 survival maneuver. Look around, take note of anything dangerous there is anywhere. Eyes and ears!
Dec 20 20:58:45 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: survival maneuver. Look around, take note of anything dangerous there is anywhere. Eyes and ears!: 5 (4df+4=0, 0, +, 0)
Dec 20 20:59:13 <Pemander> Ari's in front.
Dec 20 20:59:19 <Pemander> She's skipping down stairs two at a time.
Dec 20 21:00:12 <dexandroid> Myr follows directly after, drawing one of her guns. They're battered and scuffed but still the same tacky golden pistols.
Dec 20 21:00:40 <Gara> "I've never noticed how much I hate yout guns until right now…"
Dec 20 21:00:40 <Ragazzo> 4df+3 Arnold is off in the dark somewhere tailing the group. Maybe behind, maybe ahead. (Stealth maneuver)
Dec 20 21:00:41 <CROM> Ragazzo: Arnold is off in the dark somewhere tailing the group. Maybe behind, maybe ahead. (Stealth maneuver): 5 (4df+3=+, +, +, -)
Dec 20 21:00:47 <Maddy> Ari…Myrtle is standin in the stawell ahead f you
Dec 20 21:01:07 <Pemander> She stops, nearly tripping over herself.
Dec 20 21:01:17 <Maddy> She looks exactly like she did 5 minutes ago but…perception
Dec 20 21:01:25 <Pemander> 4df+5
Dec 20 21:01:25 <CROM> Pemander: 3 (4df+5=-, -, 0, 0)
Dec 20 21:02:23 <Echo> 4df+3 ???
Dec 20 21:02:24 <CROM> Echo: ???: 6 (4df+3=0, +, +, +)
Dec 20 21:02:37 <Gara> 4df+3 What is this? I do not even!
Dec 20 21:02:37 <CROM> Gara: What is this? I do not even!: 7 (4df+3=+, +, +, +)
Dec 20 21:02:53 <Maddy> She's wearing her glasses.
Dec 20 21:03:04 <Ragazzo> 4df+2 Arnold perc. So late
Dec 20 21:03:04 <CROM> Ragazzo: Arnold perc. So late: 2 (4df+2=-, -, +, +)
Dec 20 21:03:18 <dexandroid> Can myr see herself?
Dec 20 21:03:35 <Pemander> Ari stands still, clearly hesitating. "That's…
Dec 20 21:03:40 <Gara> "… Neh." Emma shoots the Not!Myrtle.
Dec 20 21:03:41 <Pemander> "Is that a joke?"
Dec 20 21:03:57 <Gara> 4df+5 Bang bang.
Dec 20 21:03:57 <CROM> Gara: Bang bang.: 4 (4df+5=-, -, 0, +)
Dec 20 21:03:57 <Maddy> yes she can
Dec 20 21:04:04 <Maddy> 4df+1 Aw fuck
Dec 20 21:04:05 <CROM> Maddy: Aw fuck: 0 (4df+1=-, +, 0, -)
Dec 20 21:04:25 <Maddy> Dead, and rotting. It's still myrtle the whole time it rots…
Dec 20 21:04:28 <dexandroid> Myr raises her gun, jolting when Emma takes first shot.
Dec 20 21:04:44 <Gara> "Right lets go."
Dec 20 21:04:49 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte just stares.
Dec 20 21:04:50 <Pemander> Ari stares.
Dec 20 21:04:51 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle is bringing up the rear
Dec 20 21:05:20 <dexandroid> She stares at her doppelganger. "…"
Dec 20 21:05:21 <Echo> Scott glances at the rotting thing for a moment, then continues down the stairs.
Dec 20 21:05:22 <Pemander> "Hey, you…you shot Myrtle."
Dec 20 21:05:30 <Ragazzo> Arnold is keeping a lookout for more monsters trying to kill them.
Dec 20 21:05:31 <Echo> "Yeah, just keep it moving."
Dec 20 21:05:33 <PaulS_laptop> "Not myrtle"
Dec 20 21:05:38 <dexandroid> "No, I'm here. That was not me."
Dec 20 21:05:40 <Pemander> She rubs at her eyes and follows after Scott, albeit a bit less excitedly.
Dec 20 21:05:44 <Maddy> As the get to the bottom, there are 2 doors leading to 2 halls.
Dec 20 21:05:49 <Ragazzo> And moving along with the group.
Dec 20 21:05:51 <Pemander> "It wasn't nice to watch."
Dec 20 21:05:58 <Echo> "… we gonna flip a coin?"
Dec 20 21:06:09 <Gara> "Hug right."
Dec 20 21:06:13 <dexandroid> She nudges Ari's shoulder. "We can talk about it while not sleeping tonight."
Dec 20 21:06:18 <Echo> Scott turns on the infrared light, looking around for a sign.
Dec 20 21:06:24 <Pemander> Arianna shrugs.
Dec 20 21:06:27 <Echo> "Elle?"
Dec 20 21:06:44 <Maddy> One is labled Mantenence and the other storage
Dec 20 21:06:56 <Maddy> You can hear something scuttling around in vents
Dec 20 21:07:28 <Echo> "… Just one way for us to go."
Dec 20 21:07:42 <Echo> Scott moves toward the storage door, ready to breach in. With a machine gun.
Dec 20 21:07:53 <dexandroid> Myr drifts back.
Dec 20 21:08:05 <Pemander> Arianna follows after Scott, twirling the Daevite knife.
Dec 20 21:08:18 <Pemander> "Come on, little brothers. Come out to play. I'm ready for you."
Dec 20 21:08:27 <Maddy> ari phys def
Dec 20 21:08:27 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte tries to remain inconspicuous, small, and silent.
Dec 20 21:08:34 <Maddy> and myr
Dec 20 21:08:40 <Maddy> and kyle
Dec 20 21:08:53 <dexandroid> 4df+2
Dec 20 21:08:53 <CROM> dexandroid: -2 (4df+2=-, -, -, -)
Dec 20 21:08:58 <Echo> …
Dec 20 21:08:59 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+5 using that maneuver. Kyle is aware of shit going on.
Dec 20 21:08:59 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: using that maneuver. Kyle is aware of shit going on.: 7 (4df+5=+, 0, 0, +)
Dec 20 21:09:01 <dexandroid> ….
Dec 20 21:09:04 <Gara> ..
Dec 20 21:09:05 <Maddy> wowo
Dec 20 21:09:05 <dexandroid> :)
Dec 20 21:09:08 <Maddy> WOW
Dec 20 21:09:36 <Pemander> 4df+4 pdef wee
Dec 20 21:09:37 <CROM> Pemander: pdef wee: 5 (4df+4=0, -, +, +)
Dec 20 21:09:43 <Maddy> 4df+4 Ari
Dec 20 21:09:44 <CROM> Maddy: Ari: 6 (4df+4=+, +, -, +)
Dec 20 21:09:47 <Maddy> 4df+4 Myr
Dec 20 21:09:47 <CROM> Maddy: Myr: 5 (4df+4=0, -, +, +)
Dec 20 21:09:51 <Maddy> 4df+4 Kyle
Dec 20 21:09:51 <CROM> Maddy: Kyle: 7 (4df+4=+, +, 0, +)
Dec 20 21:11:59 <Maddy> Three slenders pop ot of the vents, the first raking it's claws across Ari's back, -2. The second goes for Myrtles legs, -1. The last goes for Kyle and misses, barely.
Dec 20 21:12:51 <Gara> Emma fires at the one that attacked Kyle!
Dec 20 21:12:57 <Pemander> Ari lets out a cry and dives forward out of instinct, landing hard on the floor. She writhes around in considerable pain.
Dec 20 21:13:06 <Gara> 4df+8 Power. Emma puts a bullet through it's brainpan.
Dec 20 21:13:07 <CROM> Gara: Power. Emma puts a bullet through it's brainpan.: 7 (4df+8=-, -, 0, +)
Dec 20 21:13:07 <Echo> 4df+4 Jason sweeps one of the vents with the M240, trying to finally kill one of the goddamn things. The one that went after Ari.
Dec 20 21:13:08 <CROM> Echo: Jason sweeps one of the vents with the M240, trying to finally kill one of the goddamn things. The one that went after Ari.: 3 (4df+4=+, -, 0, -)
Dec 20 21:13:16 <Echo> …
Dec 20 21:13:19 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+5 burning an AP to use the shotgun. He pulls out the short, quad barreled shotgun, one-handing it. BOOM fucker.
Dec 20 21:13:19 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: burning an AP to use the shotgun. He pulls out the short, quad barreled shotgun, one-handing it. BOOM fucker.: 6 (4df+5=-, 0, +, +)
Dec 20 21:13:56 <dexandroid> Myr is raked, dropping her gun and collapsing. She draws the other and empties it, glaring up in pain and startled fear.
Dec 20 21:13:59 <dexandroid> 4df+4
Dec 20 21:13:59 <CROM> dexandroid: 3 (4df+4=0, -, -, +)
Dec 20 21:14:10 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle had shoved the shotgun into Slender's ribs
Dec 20 21:14:50 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte squashes herself against the wall, trying to avoid being blasted by anything.
Dec 20 21:14:56 <Maddy> Who's shooting what
Dec 20 21:15:11 <dexandroid> Myr is shooting hers.
Dec 20 21:15:20 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle shot the one he just dodged, in the same motion.
Dec 20 21:15:25 <Maddy> 4df+4 Myr
Dec 20 21:15:26 <PaulS_laptop> with the quad barrel shotgun
Dec 20 21:15:26 <CROM> Maddy: Myr: 3 (4df+4=+, 0, -, -)
Dec 20 21:15:34 <Echo> Jason Shot at Ari's
Dec 20 21:15:37 <Echo> *SCott
Dec 20 21:15:42 <Maddy> Oh she misses Cause she's gurgling in pain and leaking fluids.
Dec 20 21:15:51 <Maddy> 4df+4 vs Kyle
Dec 20 21:15:51 <CROM> Maddy: vs Kyle: 5 (4df+4=0, -, +, +)
Dec 20 21:16:00 <Maddy> Dead and rotting blabla
Dec 20 21:16:12 <Maddy> 4df+4 vs Scoot
Dec 20 21:16:12 <CROM> Maddy: vs Scoot: 7 (4df+4=0, +, +, +)
Dec 20 21:16:23 <Gara> A bullet from /nowwhere/ flies through the facility, across dimensions? Emma was at Kyle's, unless he killed it?
Dec 20 21:16:38 <Maddy> …Scoot alo misses somehom?
Dec 20 21:16:43 <Maddy> *homehow
Dec 20 21:16:46 <Maddy> fuck
Dec 20 21:16:52 <Maddy> 4df+4 vs emma
Dec 20 21:16:52 <CROM> Maddy: vs emma: 5 (4df+4=0, +, 0, 0)
Dec 20 21:17:00 <Ragazzo> Oh. Arnold shot at arianna's.
Dec 20 21:17:09 <Maddy> Emma extra kills Kyles
Dec 20 21:17:15 <Ragazzo> 4df+5 using maneuver
Dec 20 21:17:16 <CROM> Ragazzo: using maneuver: 5 (4df+5=0, 0, 0, 0)
Dec 20 21:17:20 <Maddy> 4df+4 Arnie
Dec 20 21:17:20 <CROM> Maddy: Arnie: 3 (4df+4=-, +, 0, -)
Dec 20 21:17:29 <Ragazzo> Bang.
Dec 20 21:17:30 <Maddy> Now he's dead too. All thats left is Myrtls.
Dec 20 21:17:41 <dexandroid> Myr shivers, looking at the mask.
Dec 20 21:17:44 <Pemander> Arianna whips the Daevite knife at the last one.
Dec 20 21:17:54 <Pemander> "No."
Dec 20 21:18:04 <Maddy> "HISSSSSSSSSSSSS"
Dec 20 21:18:05 <Pemander> 4df+5 AP for power +1 to throwing from speshul knife
Dec 20 21:18:05 <CROM> Pemander: AP for power +1 to throwing from speshul knife: 6 (4df+5=-, +, +, 0)
Dec 20 21:18:10 <Pemander> That's a 7.
Dec 20 21:18:13 <Maddy> 4df+4 Aw no
Dec 20 21:18:13 <CROM> Maddy: Aw no: 6 (4df+4=+, -, +, +)
Dec 20 21:18:16 <Maddy> DEAD
Dec 20 21:18:23 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle instincctively ejects the shells from the boneduster, only to realize he has no more for it, dropping it instead
Dec 20 21:18:34 <Pemander> The knife starts rotting along with the corpse of the slender Daevite.
Dec 20 21:18:41 <Maddy> Theres still bangng upstairrs as the others try to get past th LAV.
Dec 20 21:18:57 <PaulS_laptop> "Let's keep moving, come on" Kyle extends a hand to Myr
Dec 20 21:19:12 <Maddy> Myrtle is bleeding all over the place.
Dec 20 21:19:34 <Maddy> Obviously not arterial though, cause she'd be dead by now.
Dec 20 21:19:43 <Echo> "Myrtle, you want me to jab you?"
Dec 20 21:19:59 <dexandroid> Myr twists, gritting her teeth, her legs bleeding from the slashes. "Fuck sure yes."
Dec 20 21:20:03 <Gara> Emma covers!
Dec 20 21:20:04 <Pemander> Ari slowly and gingerly pulls her shirt off. "Give me something. Atropa's stuff. Something. Fuck, this hurts. It hurts so bad."
Dec 20 21:20:06 * jedifanaway is now known as jedifan
Dec 20 21:20:31 <Pemander> Her skin is all black, naturally.
Dec 20 21:20:44 <Echo> "Line up, ladies."
Dec 20 21:20:53 <Pemander> She seems to be leaking a mixture of blood and ink.
Dec 20 21:21:07 <Pemander> "I don't need the attitude just fix it."
Dec 20 21:21:08 <Echo> Scott starts pulling out autoinjectors. He stops as he sees Ari's skin. "Jesus…"
Dec 20 21:21:13 <Echo> "Right, right."
Dec 20 21:21:23 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle moves to take up a defensive position
Dec 20 21:21:25 <Maddy> Elle looks at the Maintenence door. "I'm gonna go see about the site nuke or whatever ok?"
Dec 20 21:21:39 <dexandroid> Myr tries to stand, glancing at Arianna. "Ugh. Sure Elle. Stay in touch."
Dec 20 21:21:49 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle salutes
Dec 20 21:21:57 <PaulS_laptop> it's not a very proper one
Dec 20 21:22:00 <Echo> He takes two out, jabbing one into each of Myrtle's legs, right where the things caught her.
Dec 20 21:22:02 <Maddy> Elle bursts through the door and runs off down the hall.
Dec 20 21:22:10 <Echo> 4df+3
Dec 20 21:22:11 <CROM> Echo: 5 (4df+3=0, 0, +, +)
Dec 20 21:22:13 <Echo> 4df+3
Dec 20 21:22:14 <CROM> Echo: 3 (4df+3=+, -, +, -)
Dec 20 21:22:35 <Echo> Myrtle's functional. She's got foam that feels like fire in each leg, but she's not bleeding anymore.
Dec 20 21:22:38 <Ragazzo> 4df+3 Arnold goes back to skulking around in the dark. Stealth again
Dec 20 21:22:38 <CROM> Ragazzo: Arnold goes back to skulking around in the dark. Stealth again: 5 (4df+3=-, +, +, +)
Dec 20 21:22:45 <Echo> "Where'd it get you, Ari?"
Dec 20 21:22:56 <Gara> 4df+2 Emma hides. Stealth —> ranged.
Dec 20 21:22:56 <CROM> Gara: Emma hides. Stealth —> ranged.: 5 (4df+2=0, +, +, +)
Dec 20 21:22:58 <Pemander> "All over my fucking back, Scott. Jesus."
Dec 20 21:23:04 <Pemander> "Sorry if it's hard to see."
Dec 20 21:23:22 <Echo> He frowns. "Sorry, the black on black's a little… yeah."
Dec 20 21:23:37 <dexandroid> "She pulls it off well."
Dec 20 21:23:48 <Pemander> She leans forward and grits her teeth.
Dec 20 21:24:00 <Echo> "Almost as good as me." For her, he pulls out the container Atropa gave him, snaps on a pair of gloves, and somewhat hesitantly slathers it on her back.
Dec 20 21:24:16 <dexandroid> Myr takes a deep breath, looking back the way they came.
Dec 20 21:24:20 <Pemander> Ari sharply inhales and bites down, trying not to scream.
Dec 20 21:24:30 <Pemander> "Sstthhshshsh."
Dec 20 21:24:35 <Echo> "Did somebody go with Elle?"
Dec 20 21:24:47 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+4 survival maneuver again. Kyle's eyes and ears are open. Go Go paranoia!
Dec 20 21:24:47 <dexandroid> "…"
Dec 20 21:24:47 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: survival maneuver again. Kyle's eyes and ears are open. Go Go paranoia!: 0 (4df+4=-, -, -, -)
Dec 20 21:25:09 <Echo> "Rub some dirt on it, Ari. You'll be all right." He stares at the ink again.
Dec 20 21:25:13 <Echo> "I think."
Dec 20 21:25:59 <Pemander> "I want so badly to hurt you right now." She very carefully pulls her shirt back on.
Dec 20 21:26:04 <Pemander> "But it can wait."
Dec 20 21:26:28 <Echo> After capping the bottle, Scott shoves it down into a cargo pocket, then pulls his radio mic back up. «Elle, you need somebody with you.»
Dec 20 21:27:16 <Ragazzo> «I'm following her, don't worry.»
Dec 20 21:27:26 <Ragazzo> That's Arnold.
Dec 20 21:27:30 <Maddy> «Creeper.»
Dec 20 21:27:48 <PaulS_laptop> «*hissing sound*»
Dec 20 21:27:51 <dexandroid> «better him than an ink man»
Dec 20 21:28:03 <dexandroid> [Annoyed hissing]
Dec 20 21:28:10 <Ragazzo> «I just like the way you shoot things elle.»
Dec 20 21:28:10 <Gara> "Boom."
Dec 20 21:28:37 <Pemander> Ari starts walking forward again, toward storage. "Lets get moving."
Dec 20 21:28:41 <Pemander> "We're short on time."
Dec 20 21:29:15 <dexandroid> Myr nods, following, grimacing each step.
Dec 20 21:29:33 <Echo> Scott pops the door marked "Storage" and heads inside.
Dec 20 21:29:44 <Gara> Emma goes on with, unstealthing.
Dec 20 21:29:52 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte gets a move on, trying not to step in the oozing guts of the dead Daevites.
Dec 20 21:30:12 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle moves in, clearing left
Dec 20 21:31:04 <Echo> 4df+3 Perception. Scott goes right.
Dec 20 21:31:04 <CROM> Echo: Perception. Scott goes right.: 2 (4df+3=0, 0, 0, -)
Dec 20 21:31:17 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+4 survival
Dec 20 21:31:18 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: survival: 5 (4df+4=+, 0, +, -)
Dec 20 21:31:28 <Pemander> She pulls out a normal knife and starts spinning it anxiously.
Dec 20 21:31:30 <Maddy> There's only a single locker in the room, part open, a long dead Foundation worker on the ground.
Dec 20 21:32:31 <Gara> "I really hope there's a fifty in there."
Dec 20 21:32:32 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte stays near the doorway, listening for any signs of approaching enemies.
Dec 20 21:32:49 <PaulS_laptop> "I really hope it's the thing we're trying to destroy"
Dec 20 21:32:57 <PaulS_laptop> "And you've got a damn rocket launcher"
Dec 20 21:33:06 <Gara> "Yeah, and one rocket."
Dec 20 21:33:19 <dexandroid> "I think we'll be okay."
Dec 20 21:33:32 <dexandroid> She shakes her head, rubbing her eyes.
Dec 20 21:33:42 <PaulS_laptop> "And an ass ton of grenades on hand. Plus we've got a brick of C4 still"
Dec 20 21:33:50 <Echo> "…"
Dec 20 21:34:08 <Echo> Scott moves up toward the thing, dropping the machine gun beside the locker.
Dec 20 21:34:16 <Maddy> «Uh guys?»
Dec 20 21:34:16 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle covers the doorway
Dec 20 21:34:24 <PaulS_laptop> «We're here and intact.»
Dec 20 21:34:25 <Echo> «Yeah, Elle. Talk to us.»
Dec 20 21:34:26 <Gara> «Yeah?»
Dec 20 21:34:46 <Maddy> The locker is empty. «Well, the site has termobarics, not a nuke.»
Dec 20 21:35:02 <Maddy> «And it's…well you have to come see this.»
Dec 20 21:35:10 <Gara> «On our way.»
Dec 20 21:35:21 <PaulS_laptop> «Darn. We'll be there shortly.» "Whatcha see in there, Scott?'
Dec 20 21:35:47 <dexandroid> Myr looks to Ari. "… Well. So much for easy. Come on."
Dec 20 21:36:07 <Pemander> Ari sighs and taps her foot.
Dec 20 21:36:22 <Pemander> "Alright." She turns around and heads back toward Elle.
Dec 20 21:36:57 <Gara> Emma goes!
Dec 20 21:37:07 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle looks at Scott
Dec 20 21:37:10 <Maddy> When they get to her, she's standing outside the room, the booms outside getting louder, and there's a twisting sound of metal.
Dec 20 21:37:23 <dexandroid> "… K
Dec 20 21:37:33 <dexandroid> "Oh."***
Dec 20 21:37:49 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte is still with Kyle and Scott.
Dec 20 21:37:50 <Maddy> In the room, there's an explosion started…frozen in time.
Dec 20 21:37:56 <Echo> "What the fuck's goin-…"
Dec 20 21:38:01 <Gara> "……."
Dec 20 21:38:03 <Echo> Scott followed, we'll say.
Dec 20 21:38:06 <Gara> "Fucking…"
Dec 20 21:38:15 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte followed then also!
Dec 20 21:38:15 <Echo> "What the hell is *that*?"
Dec 20 21:38:31 <Maddy> The book is there too floating in the air as if someone was throwing it away from the explosion.
Dec 20 21:38:47 <MonkeyBomb> <Is that….>
Dec 20 21:39:03 <dexandroid> "… Really?"
Dec 20 21:39:14 <Echo> "Wait, so what the hell do we do?"
Dec 20 21:39:16 <Gara> "What…."
Dec 20 21:39:17 <Maddy> "I think it's deteriorating."
Dec 20 21:39:26 <dexandroid> Myr shakes her head, wiping her face.
Dec 20 21:39:27 <Gara> "Then we might want to leave"
Dec 20 21:39:27 <Echo> "What the fuck *is* all this?
Dec 20 21:39:29 <Gara> "Maybe?"
Dec 20 21:39:55 <Maddy> "Jut watch…" After a few seconds, the scene before them crawls forward a few seconds.
Dec 20 21:40:00 <dexandroid> "It probably wrote itself into a bubble. Save itself."
Dec 20 21:40:17 <Maddy> "If we can keep the daevite out if here…the book will be wrecked."
Dec 20 21:40:47 <PaulS_laptop> "And if the explosion keeps going, we're kinda dead"
Dec 20 21:40:47 <Echo> "… but what happens when the book gets wrecked?"
Dec 20 21:40:49 <Maddy> "I tried to push it towards the fire but." she pushes on it, its doesnt budge.
Dec 20 21:40:57 <Echo> "Is that explosion gonna go somewhere?"
Dec 20 21:41:04 <Pemander> Arianna stares at the book and the explosion.
Dec 20 21:41:09 <Ragazzo> "Well, can't we burn the book ourselves?"
Dec 20 21:41:09 <PaulS_laptop> "That's the thermobaric, ain't it?"
Dec 20 21:41:13 <Ragazzo> HELLO ARNOLD
Dec 20 21:41:16 <dexandroid> She shakes her head. "All around us. We'll burn."
Dec 20 21:41:18 <PaulS_laptop> "…hold up" Kyle looks like he has an idea!
Dec 20 21:41:23 <Maddy> "Yeah, if we're outside though…."
Dec 20 21:41:36 <Pemander> "Hold up. Think about this."
Dec 20 21:41:42 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle reaches down into his cargo pocket and produces the C4 charge
Dec 20 21:41:52 <dexandroid> "Ari can you move it? Mayb-"
Dec 20 21:42:02 <Pemander> Ari looks at the C4.
Dec 20 21:42:19 <PaulS_laptop> "It's gotta remote" Smile
Dec 20 21:42:45 <Maddy> "Either way, when this thing unfreezes, we want to not be here."
Dec 20 21:42:48 <Ragazzo> "Is there any reason we can't wait for the really slow explosion to destroy the book and then leave?"
Dec 20 21:42:56 <Maddy> "This means we gotta fight them out there."
Dec 20 21:42:56 <Gara> "Yes."
Dec 20 21:43:07 <Gara> "The book is what's making the explosion slow."
Dec 20 21:43:10 <PaulS_laptop> "This way we can decide when, and not have to wait for ages"
Dec 20 21:43:22 <dexandroid> "… Maybe it will think Arianna is one of them"
Dec 20 21:43:37 <dexandroid> "We can just… Take it. Kill it."
Dec 20 21:43:45 <Ragazzo> Arnold rubs the side of his head.
Dec 20 21:43:46 <Echo> "I don't think we want to set off explosives near this thing. That remote's got some limited range."
Dec 20 21:44:00 <Maddy> "We dont even know why its frozen, but it's not gonna hold."
Dec 20 21:44:07 <Maddy> "We cant just stand here."
Dec 20 21:45:01 <Echo> "So we just go, and try to hold out?"
Dec 20 21:45:05 <Echo> "Get out of here?"
Dec 20 21:45:11 <dexandroid> She nods, swallowing, taking her eyes off the explosion.
Dec 20 21:45:14 <Pemander> "Or we fix this now and deal with the consequences."
Dec 20 21:45:19 <MonkeyBomb> <Well, we might want to make a decision pretty soon…>Charlotte listens to the booming ruckus happening outside.
Dec 20 21:45:24 <Gara> "You mean die."
Dec 20 21:45:24 <Pemander> "I'm not afraid to die. I just don't want to die like a bitch."
Dec 20 21:45:35 <Gara> "Yeah I'd really like the live."
Dec 20 21:45:38 <Pemander> Arianna walks forward and stands in front of the book.
Dec 20 21:45:44 <Ragazzo> "One of use could end this while the rest go."
Dec 20 21:45:49 <Ragazzo> "*us
Dec 20 21:45:53 <dexandroid> Myr watches, not moving.
Dec 20 21:45:53 <Maddy> "Oh for, ok just fuckign choose someting."
Dec 20 21:46:22 <Pemander> She puts her hand on the book.
Dec 20 21:46:22 <Maddy> "We have to go." The scene moves forward again, the flames almost licking at the book now.
Dec 20 21:46:40 <Gara> Emma isn't sure if it's Elle, or Maddy speaking. "Then lets go."
Dec 20 21:47:14 <Echo> Scott takes off out of the room, hauling ass for the stairs.
Dec 20 21:47:20 <Gara> Emma runs.
Dec 20 21:47:24 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle heads out
Dec 20 21:47:31 <Pemander> "…is this the right thing to do, Myrtle? Go out there and fight?"
Dec 20 21:47:48 <Pemander> "We could just end this now."
Dec 20 21:47:52 <Echo> «YOU'RE OUT OF TIME. *MOVE*.»
Dec 20 21:48:15 <PaulS_laptop> "COME ON"
Dec 20 21:48:19 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte runs out, glancing at the others still near the book before sprinting as fast as she can.
Dec 20 21:48:20 <Pemander> Arianna sighs and turns away, then runs after the others.
Dec 20 21:48:27 <Pemander> "Let's go, Myr."
Dec 20 21:48:32 <Echo> Scott's abandoned the M240. His rifle's slung across his chest, bouncing wildly as he hits the landing.
Dec 20 21:48:35 <Ragazzo> Arnold stays by the door, watching for a moment, shrugs and heads off quickly.
Dec 20 21:48:40 <Ragazzo> Running now.
Dec 20 21:48:44 <dexandroid> "I don't know." Myr shakes her head, turning to follow. "I'll follow you."
Dec 20 21:48:49 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle still has his 240
Dec 20 21:49:20 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte catches up to the others.
Dec 20 21:49:32 <Maddy> Just as they get upstairs, a couple behemoths wrench the wrecked LAv out of the way. They roar and beat their chests.
Dec 20 21:49:34 <dexandroid> "We can do this. If they get here past us we lose. They'll take the book and run
Dec 20 21:49:36 <dexandroid> ."
Dec 20 21:49:58 <MonkeyBomb> <Yikes….>
Dec 20 21:50:02 <Echo> "…"
Dec 20 21:50:11 <dexandroid> "ROCKET."
Dec 20 21:50:13 <Gara> Emma pulls her rocket launcher and tags one.
Dec 20 21:50:13 <Echo> Scott almost skids to a stop, backing up away from the sight.
Dec 20 21:50:20 <PaulS_laptop> "Everybody cover your ears"
Dec 20 21:50:23 <Echo> As soon as he hears "ROCKET", he hits the floor.
Dec 20 21:50:27 <Ragazzo> 4df+3 Arnold throws a grenade between the pair.
Dec 20 21:50:27 <CROM> Ragazzo: Arnold throws a grenade between the pair.: 2 (4df+3=-, 0, +, -)
Dec 20 21:50:29 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte ducks, covering her face.
Dec 20 21:50:29 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle hits the floor
Dec 20 21:50:45 <Gara> 4df+6 Bang.
Dec 20 21:50:46 <CROM> Gara: Bang.: 5 (4df+6=+, 0, -, -)
Dec 20 21:50:54 <dexandroid> Myr dives.
Dec 20 21:50:55 <Ragazzo> Arnold gets down after.
Dec 20 21:50:55 <MonkeyBomb> <…There goes the LAV…>
Dec 20 21:51:01 <Pemander> Arianna dives to the floor.
Dec 20 21:51:51 * Ragazzo_ (~ten.labolgcbs.ackorf.deepsthgil.D879C977-CRInys|majmals#ten.labolgcbs.ackorf.deepsthgil.D879C977-CRInys|majmals) has joined #afteraction
Dec 20 21:52:04 * Ragazzo has quit (Connection reset by peer)
Dec 20 21:52:12 <Maddy> You take them out, be behind them there is a legion of the little guys, the General in front.
Dec 20 21:52:35 <Gara> Emma drops the spent rocket launcher, rifle on her shoulder.
Dec 20 21:52:43 <MonkeyBomb> As the dust from the launcher explosion settles, Charlotte braves a glance at the approaching army.
Dec 20 21:52:59 <MonkeyBomb> <Oh man oh man oh man…>
Dec 20 21:53:09 <Echo> Scott stands there for a moment, staring at them. "Should we, uh… try to communicate?"
Dec 20 21:53:10 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+8 Kyle is prone. This is a 240. You do the math.
Dec 20 21:53:10 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: Kyle is prone. This is a 240. You do the math.: 7 (4df+8=-, 0, 0, 0)
Dec 20 21:53:27 <Gara> Emma thinks the machine gun answers that.
Dec 20 21:53:40 <dexandroid> Myr's rattled, covering her ears. She looks up at the Army, a flash of fear across her face.
Dec 20 21:53:44 <PaulS_laptop> that should be an 8
Dec 20 21:53:47 <Echo> 4df+9 Tagging and using a power. He aims for the general, right for the head, and fires a clean burst.
Dec 20 21:53:47 <CROM> Echo: Tagging and using a power. He aims for the general, right for the head, and fires a clean burst.: 6 (4df+9=0, -, -, -)
Dec 20 21:53:52 <Echo> …
Dec 20 21:54:00 <Echo> Spending an AP to reroll.
Dec 20 21:54:05 <Maddy> Go for it
Dec 20 21:54:06 * Ragazzo_ is now known as Ragazzo
Dec 20 21:54:06 <Echo> 4df+9
Dec 20 21:54:07 <CROM> Echo: 11 (4df+9=-, +, +, +)
Dec 20 21:54:12 <MonkeyBomb> Much better.
Dec 20 21:54:12 <Maddy> 4df+7 AP
Dec 20 21:54:13 <CROM> Maddy: AP: 7 (4df+7=-, +, +, -)
Dec 20 21:54:13 <Gara> Emma has already acted!
Dec 20 21:54:33 <Pemander> Arianna slowly stands up from the floor.
Dec 20 21:55:07 <PaulS_laptop> AP for reroll?
Dec 20 21:55:07 <Ragazzo> 4df+3 Arnold just shoots bad guys
Dec 20 21:55:07 <CROM> Ragazzo: Arnold just shoots bad guys: 1 (4df+3=-, 0, 0, -)
Dec 20 21:55:15 <dexandroid> Myr takes a breath, rolling onto her side and trying to force herself up.
Dec 20 21:55:34 <Maddy> Kyle rakes arcross the army now ready to pour in, killing many, but still they come, Scott hits the general in the face…but his face reforms, as the rotting carcases of his army fly to him, and imcorporate into his being.
Dec 20 21:55:46 <MonkeyBomb> "………."
Dec 20 21:55:53 <PaulS_laptop> "Emma, get on Eels"
Dec 20 21:56:01 <PaulS_laptop> *!
Dec 20 21:56:13 <dexandroid> "What I would give… To have alanoch back."
Dec 20 21:56:15 <Gara> Emma runs to the flamethrower and jumps on.
Dec 20 21:56:54 <Pemander> "That kid. Tch. I wouldn't be here if not for him."
Dec 20 21:57:00 <Pemander> "Favors for favors."
Dec 20 21:58:03 <Maddy> The army is still coming guys.
Dec 20 21:58:16 <dexandroid> Myr stands, looking at the mask, then at Arianna. "You know… Youre one of the few people I consider a friend. Like a real friend."
Dec 20 21:58:24 <Gara> 4df+5 Lets see what we can do to stop that. Burn.
Dec 20 21:58:25 <CROM> Gara: Lets see what we can do to stop that. Burn.: 3 (4df+5=-, 0, -, 0)
Dec 20 21:58:27 <Gara> 1d11
Dec 20 21:58:28 <CROM> Gara: 2 (1d11=2)
Dec 20 21:58:48 <Pemander> "You don't have to say things like that."
Dec 20 21:59:01 <Pemander> "It's not really the time."
Dec 20 21:59:12 <Pemander> Ari gestures to the mask. "I've got your back."
Dec 20 21:59:13 <Maddy> Scores of them burn, lightng others as they flail, but still. They come. Their turn.
Dec 20 21:59:14 <dexandroid> "Nope. Not at all."
Dec 20 21:59:27 <MonkeyBomb> This is *not* looking good… Charlotte hurriedly tries to figure something out. She glances around, looking for… something… anything.
Dec 20 21:59:29 <dexandroid> She plants the mask on her face.
Dec 20 21:59:31 <Maddy> 4df+4 Ones comming for you Scott.
Dec 20 21:59:32 <CROM> Maddy: Ones comming for you Scott.: 3 (4df+4=0, 0, -, 0)
Dec 20 21:59:57 <Maddy> 4df+4 one for Emma
Dec 20 21:59:58 <CROM> Maddy: one for Emma: 3 (4df+4=0, -, +, -)
Dec 20 22:00:07 <Echo> 4df+4 He draws his handgun, firing in defense at its kneecaps as it charges him.
Dec 20 22:00:08 <CROM> Echo: He draws his handgun, firing in defense at its kneecaps as it charges him.: 2 (4df+4=0, 0, -, -)
Dec 20 22:00:31 <Gara> 4df+3 Emma jumps!
Dec 20 22:00:31 <CROM> Gara: Emma jumps!: 4 (4df+3=-, +, +, 0)
Dec 20 22:00:49 <Maddy> 4df+5 Magic at Charlotte, phydef or ath
Dec 20 22:00:50 <CROM> Maddy: Magic at Charlotte, phydef or ath: 7 (4df+5=+, +, +, -)
Dec 20 22:01:00 <MonkeyBomb> …
Dec 20 22:01:02 <Gara> Oh.
Dec 20 22:01:07 <Maddy> oh wow
Dec 20 22:01:09 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte waves goodbye.
Dec 20 22:01:33 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3 [Athletics] Not entirely sure what she's dodging.
Dec 20 22:01:34 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: [Athletics] Not entirely sure what she's dodging.: 1 (4df+3=-, -, 0, 0)
Dec 20 22:01:45 <MonkeyBomb> Doesn't really matter.
Dec 20 22:01:50 <dexandroid> There's a moment of laughter, a deep male voice from the mask itself, and a pulse of heat. In a moment, her body is consumed in flames; seconds later, her clothes burn away, her skin peeling off like a flower opening its petals. Flames issue from the wounds on her legs, and flames wreathe her head like hair.
Dec 20 22:02:12 <Ragazzo> Arrrrnold tries to get in the way for Charlotte?
Dec 20 22:02:56 <Ragazzo> Yeah, he doe..
Dec 20 22:03:00 <Ragazzo> *does
Dec 20 22:03:07 <Maddy> ok you roll pdef then
Dec 20 22:03:20 <MonkeyBomb> What exactly is attacking them anyway?
Dec 20 22:03:23 <Ragazzo> 4df+3 lol
Dec 20 22:03:23 <CROM> Ragazzo: lol: 4 (4df+3=+, 0, +, -)
Dec 20 22:05:48 <Maddy> As the rotting bodies pile up, the general points to Charlotte, the flesh from his army rushes forward turning into sharp bone and blood projectiles. -1 body for Arnie and he gets in the way
Dec 20 22:06:18 <MonkeyBomb> All the blood drains from Charlotte's face as she prepares for the worst.
Dec 20 22:07:17 <Maddy> lright when dex comes back it's all him
Dec 20 22:07:22 <Ragazzo> Arnold takes a sliver of bone out of his vest. And then several more. He looks to be in some pain.
Dec 20 22:07:44 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte opens her eyes. She sees Arnold.
Dec 20 22:08:02 <PaulS_laptop> "Everybody, get to the truck!"
Dec 20 22:08:30 <Ragazzo> Arnold makes for the truck.
Dec 20 22:08:52 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte picks herself up and makes for the truck as well…
Dec 20 22:09:04 <Ragazzo> He doesn't really give Charlotte any special consideration.
Dec 20 22:10:12 <Echo> Scott hauls ass, clambering up one of the tires and into the bed of the vehicle.
Dec 20 22:10:29 <Echo> He reaches the barrel of his rifle over, spraying automatic fire blindly over the side toward the things swarming in.
Dec 20 22:11:31 <Gara> Emma lets go of the flamethrower with people that close, and shotguns.
Dec 20 22:11:32 <Pemander> Arianna starts to run for the truck, then pauses and looks back at Myrtle.
Dec 20 22:12:02 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+5 AP3. Kyle pulls the C4 charge out of his cargo pants and hastily arms it. "COVER ME!"
Dec 20 22:12:02 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: AP3. Kyle pulls the C4 charge out of his cargo pants and hastily arms it. "COVER ME!": 4 (4df+5=-, 0, +, -)
Dec 20 22:12:11 <dexandroid> Myr glances to Arianna and nods.
Dec 20 22:12:19 <Gara> 4df+6 Bzzt. This will shoot through enemies, according to the page.
Dec 20 22:12:19 <CROM> Gara: Bzzt. This will shoot through enemies, according to the page.: 6 (4df+6=+, -, 0, 0)
Dec 20 22:12:58 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+5 last AP. "GET DOWN!" Kyle throws his C4 charge, aiming towards the General's head. When it gets close, he hits the remote button. Boom.
Dec 20 22:12:58 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: last AP. "GET DOWN!" Kyle throws his C4 charge, aiming towards the General's head. When it gets close, he hits the remote button. Boom.: 5 (4df+5=+, -, 0, 0)
Dec 20 22:13:11 <Maddy> 4df+7
Dec 20 22:13:11 <CROM> Maddy: 6 (4df+7=0, -, +, -)
Dec 20 22:13:26 <dexandroid> She then steps forward, her skin flowing like ribbons, and sweeps her arm forward, an arc of flame lancing across the army's front line.
Dec 20 22:13:26 <PaulS_laptop> *ath to dodge?
Dec 20 22:13:34 <Maddy> Walls of flesh surround him and absorb the damage
Dec 20 22:13:38 <dexandroid> 4df+8
Dec 20 22:13:39 <CROM> dexandroid: 8 (4df+8=-, 0, 0, +)
Dec 20 22:13:54 <dexandroid> One ap
Dec 20 22:14:56 <Maddy> Some of the creatures actually start to flee from Myrtle, many are caught in her inferno, and many more catch from thoes creatures. "Don't stop!" yells the General. "You will all be remade, don't stop!"
Dec 20 22:16:19 <Echo> As the temperature picks up, Scott peeks over the side, sees the thing that was Myrtle a minute ago, and ducks back down with a quickness.
Dec 20 22:16:24 <Maddy> Emma takes more down.
Dec 20 22:16:43 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle breaks and runs for the Truck
Dec 20 22:16:56 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte glances at Arnold then back at the General.
Dec 20 22:16:59 <dexandroid> The burning Myr shakes her head, strolling straight toward the army.
Dec 20 22:17:26 <Pemander> Arianna calls out, "Don't. Are you all just pawns? Where's your will?"
Dec 20 22:17:32 * Geothermal (~PI.1197EFEE.52A56BA2.709EFE44|amrehtoeG#PI.1197EFEE.52A56BA2.709EFE44|amrehtoeG) has joined #afteraction
Dec 20 22:17:46 <Pemander> She holds up one of her black hands, palm outward. "Are the Daevites just a wall of meat to be used?"
Dec 20 22:17:57 <Maddy> "Get back demon! We will have our book!"
Dec 20 22:18:23 <MonkeyBomb> ~No… You won't.~
Dec 20 22:18:26 <Pemander> "Is this the end of your /history/? Running forward like fodder to be cut down?"
Dec 20 22:18:39 <Gara> 4df+4 Emma aims her shotgun at the General.
Dec 20 22:18:39 <CROM> Gara: Emma aims her shotgun at the General.: 5 (4df+4=+, +, -, 0)
Dec 20 22:18:57 <Pemander> "Leave him. You're better than this."
Dec 20 22:19:02 <Maddy> 4df+5 Out of AP
Dec 20 22:19:03 <CROM> Maddy: Out of AP: 7 (4df+5=+, +, +, -)
Dec 20 22:19:13 <dexandroid> Myr laughs at 'demon', hers and the masks voices intermingling.
Dec 20 22:19:13 <Gara> I was manuevering.
Dec 20 22:19:15 <Maddy> oh
Dec 20 22:19:20 <Maddy> nvm
Dec 20 22:20:12 <Ragazzo> 4df+3 Arnold tries to hide somewhere long enough that the mass of daevites forget about him. Under a vehicle maybe.
Dec 20 22:20:12 <CROM> Ragazzo: Arnold tries to hide somewhere long enough that the mass of daevites forget about him. Under a vehicle maybe.: 2 (4df+3=-, 0, +, -)
Dec 20 22:20:26 <dexandroid> She gestures to Arianna, flinging another arc of flame out across the army. "Listen to her. She's better than you can ever be."
Dec 20 22:20:27 <Ragazzo> 4df+3 ap, reroll
Dec 20 22:20:28 <CROM> Ragazzo: ap, reroll: 4 (4df+3=+, 0, +, -)
Dec 20 22:20:41 <dexandroid> 4df+8 1 AP
Dec 20 22:20:42 <CROM> dexandroid: 1 AP: 9 (4df+8=+, 0, 0, 0)
Dec 20 22:20:46 <Pemander> "/I/ don't need the book. Why do you?"
Dec 20 22:20:55 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+5 Kyle lays down fire from the door of the truck, aiming for the general to buy him some time to get it started.
Dec 20 22:20:56 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: Kyle lays down fire from the door of the truck, aiming for the general to buy him some time to get it started.: 6 (4df+5=+, +, -, 0)
Dec 20 22:21:23 <Maddy> "If you will not fight, I will use you." The general makes a motion, and several of the daevites start to melt, the others burned horribly in flames.
Dec 20 22:21:29 <Maddy> 4df+5 vs Kyle
Dec 20 22:21:30 <CROM> Maddy: vs Kyle: 6 (4df+5=-, 0, +, +)
Dec 20 22:22:00 <Maddy> Kyle hits him, but the melting army starts to reform on the general, and h begins to grow.
Dec 20 22:22:30 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte seizes her chance before it's too late. Summoning all the willpower she is mentally capable of, Charlotte focuses with all her might on the general.
Dec 20 22:22:48 <Gara> Is an Instant Kill valid againt the general.
Dec 20 22:23:01 <Maddy> let MonkeyBomb resolve his roll first
Dec 20 22:23:01 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+5 [Dominance -1 AP] Control is all she needs…..
Dec 20 22:23:02 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: [Dominance -1 AP] Control is all she needs…..: 3 (4df+5=-, -, 0, 0)
Dec 20 22:23:09 <Maddy> 4df
Dec 20 22:23:10 <CROM> Maddy: -1 (4df=-, -, 0, +)
Dec 20 22:24:08 <Maddy> Suddenly there are hundreds of screaming voices in Charlottes head, only for a moment, they they are silenced by her presence in the General's mind.
Dec 20 22:24:23 <Maddy> You are basically in control of Kaneda from the end of Akira.
Dec 20 22:25:22 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte cringes, the connection painful. She focus all her willpower on forcing the General to stop everything… to just stand there, defenseless.
Dec 20 22:25:42 <Pemander> Arianna blinks and looks at Charlotte. "Kiddo, do you have him?!"
Dec 20 22:25:59 <MonkeyBomb> <DO IT NOW.>
Dec 20 22:26:06 <Gara> INSTANT KILL!
Dec 20 22:26:14 <Maddy> "I could have made you gods." he stands there.
Dec 20 22:26:19 <Maddy> Unmoving
Dec 20 22:26:22 <Maddy> No rolls
Dec 20 22:26:24 <Maddy> jsut words.
Dec 20 22:26:27 <Maddy> Go
Dec 20 22:26:29 <Gara> Emma runs at the General, burries the shotgun under his chin, and pulls the trigger!
Dec 20 22:26:31 <Pemander> "I think it's more fun to be a demon."
Dec 20 22:27:01 <dexandroid> Myr raises a hand. "Will you do the honours, Ari?"
Dec 20 22:27:05 <Pemander> shhhh
Dec 20 22:27:09 <Gara> 4df+11 Power and Instant Kill Attempt!
Dec 20 22:27:09 <CROM> Gara: Power and Instant Kill Attempt!: 9 (4df+11=0, -, -, 0)
Dec 20 22:27:09 <Maddy> the gen is like the size of a building atm btw
Dec 20 22:27:12 <Gara> Oh
Dec 20 22:27:13 <Gara> Um
Dec 20 22:27:18 <Gara> I didn't know that.
Dec 20 22:27:22 <Maddy> and no rolls
Dec 20 22:27:27 <Maddy> just do whatever you want man
Dec 20 22:27:42 <Pemander> Arianna runs forward and dives into the general.
Dec 20 22:27:51 <Echo> …
Dec 20 22:28:01 <Maddy> Ew but ok
Dec 20 22:28:07 <Gara> Emma stops.
Dec 20 22:28:11 <dexandroid> Myrtle raises her guns, burned and blackened, firing both upwards into the general's head
Dec 20 22:28:11 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte holds him there. She puts all her mindpower into keeping the connection from overwhelming her own mind.
Dec 20 22:28:12 <Gara> "What the fuck just happened."
Dec 20 22:28:20 <Echo> Scott watches this, his rifle fire at the small ones pausing as Ari dives.
Dec 20 22:28:32 <Gara> SHe shakes her head, and fires at the head with her electroshotty.
Dec 20 22:28:34 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle has the truck started. He wants to get the fuck out of there before the boom happens. This is the truck's melee. once Ari is into it. He hits the horn. It plays "Dixie" He's aiming to kneecap it.
Dec 20 22:28:49 <dexandroid> The bullets are wreathed in deep red flame, each planting itself in the bone with a searing shriek.
Dec 20 22:29:13 <Echo> Scott ducks again as the truck starts moving, loading his last mag into the rifle.
Dec 20 22:29:19 <Pemander> ~I'm a Daevite too.~
Dec 20 22:29:31 <Pemander> <Charlotte, can you hear me?>
Dec 20 22:29:45 <Pemander> There's a tiny voice inside the thousand shrieking voices of the General's mind.
Dec 20 22:29:49 <Maddy> ~You're a half breed~ oh god Charlotte you can hear them arguing.
Dec 20 22:30:03 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte is now kneeling on the ground, her eyes scrunched shut.
Dec 20 22:30:15 <Gara> Emma keeps firing.
Dec 20 22:30:22 <Maddy> Voices scream as the team starts tearing the general apart.
Dec 20 22:30:26 <MonkeyBomb> <Hurry…>
Dec 20 22:30:32 <Ragazzo> Arnold is also shooting the general.
Dec 20 22:30:40 <Pemander> ~I'm better. I don't need a book to write my history.~ <We need to push.>
Dec 20 22:31:10 <MonkeyBomb> <What?> Charlotte is confused.
Dec 20 22:31:16 <PaulS_laptop> The truck impacts.
Dec 20 22:31:24 <Maddy> Ari, it's getting hot in there.
Dec 20 22:31:36 <Maddy> The book's time stop is almost out
Dec 20 22:31:43 <MonkeyBomb> The strain of keeping the General motionless is beginning to wear on her mind…
Dec 20 22:31:48 <dexandroid> Myr raises her hands, a circle of flame burning around the General's head, like a crown. It spins, growing hotter and hotter.
Dec 20 22:31:54 <Pemander> <Push them down with me, and I'll keep him still.>
Dec 20 22:32:02 <Pemander> <Then get in the truck with everyone else and get out.>
Dec 20 22:32:12 <Echo> Scott's slammed into the cab of the truck as it crashes into the Daevite general.
Dec 20 22:32:17 <MonkeyBomb> <Okay…>
Dec 20 22:32:29 <MonkeyBomb> <I'll try. I don't know how much longer I can keep this up.>
Dec 20 22:32:58 <dexandroid> The flaming crown breaks, shattering into dozens of flares that drag across the generals body, singing great swathes of flesh to charcoal.
Dec 20 22:32:59 <Pemander> Arianna's mind rushes over and joins up with Charlotte's.
Dec 20 22:33:35 <Maddy> Elle runs and gets in the truck. She as there the whole time also shooting assholes
Dec 20 22:33:50 <Pemander> With a great effort, she takes her place pinning down the General. <I've got him. Go on.>
Dec 20 22:34:42 <Gara> Emma runs over and hops in the truck.
Dec 20 22:34:44 <MonkeyBomb> <Thank you…> Charlotte can feel herself about to pass out. She breaks the connection, beads of sweat running down her face.
Dec 20 22:34:58 <Maddy> "Where's Charlotte and Ari?"
Dec 20 22:35:27 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle throws the truck in reverse, backs it off the general, then throws it into forward once Charlotte is in. "Charlotte's still back there, Ari's in the thing"
Dec 20 22:35:43 <PaulS_laptop> "We gotta go!" back to charlotte
Dec 20 22:35:52 <Maddy> "What about Ari?"
Dec 20 22:35:59 <PaulS_laptop> "She's in the general!"
Dec 20 22:35:59 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte barely manages to pull herself onto the truck.
Dec 20 22:36:07 <Gara> Emma helps her in.
Dec 20 22:36:12 <Ragazzo> Arnold gets in the truck.
Dec 20 22:36:15 <Echo> Scott looks like someone just cracked him on the head with a baseball bat.
Dec 20 22:36:18 <dexandroid> Myrtle raises a hand, an arc of flame whipping out across the blighted field, blazing a path.
Dec 20 22:36:38 <Maddy> "What about Myrtle, she's kinda also on fire."
Dec 20 22:37:09 <PaulS_laptop> "EVERYBODY IN. COME ON, WE GOTTA /GO/ BEFORE IT BLOWS"
Dec 20 22:37:12 <Ragazzo> "Well, she's not dead yet, so maybe that's ok?"
Dec 20 22:37:20 <dexandroid> The air around her begins to shimmer and spark, and she raises another hand behind her; the upper floors of the Site beginning to ignite.
Dec 20 22:37:45 <Maddy> "Myrtle!"
Dec 20 22:37:52 <MonkeyBomb> <Ohhh, mannn…> Charlotte's voice is shaky.
Dec 20 22:38:49 <dexandroid> She stops, the flames around her ceasing, the air going cool.
Dec 20 22:39:19 <Maddy> "Get your ass over here, we have no idea what's gonna happen when the book burns."
Dec 20 22:39:33 <Echo> Scott's eyes suddenly clear. "GET IN THE GODDAMN TRUCK, MYRTLE."
Dec 20 22:40:26 <dexandroid> She looks to the Eve and starts slowly walking towards the truck, breaking into a run. She peels the mask off, her skin snapping back to her body, and shrouds, jumping bodily into the truck.
Dec 20 22:41:15 <PaulS_laptop> "CHARLOTTE COME ON"
Dec 20 22:41:19 <dexandroid> She hurls the mask out the window and breathes, looking around, out at the general. Oh.
Dec 20 22:41:24 <Echo> Charlotte's in.
Dec 20 22:41:24 <Maddy> Then…it happems.
Dec 20 22:41:36 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle goooooes
Dec 20 22:41:42 <Maddy> H.I.T.s - high-impulse thermobaric fuel-air explosive consists of a two-stage aerosol ignition which produces a blast wave of significantly greater power and duration than any other known explosive except nuclear. The vacuum-pressure effect ignites the oxygen between 5,000 and 6,000 degrees and is used when the greatest loss of life and damage to structures is desired. It sets the air on fire. No pain. An end to sorrow, grief, regret. Everything.
Dec 20 22:42:01 <Maddy> The group doesnt see it, since it's happening underground.
Dec 20 22:42:08 <Pemander> <I've decided.>
Dec 20 22:42:13 <Pemander> <Being a good guy…>
Dec 20 22:42:18 <Pemander> <…kinda sucks.>
Dec 20 22:43:08 <Maddy> But in a flash of white light, the Daevites burst into confetti.
Dec 20 22:43:17 <Maddy> For a moment…it looks like its snowing.
Dec 20 22:44:30 <Maddy> But instead of piling on the ground, the confetti turns to ash, the stench of the creatures is blown away on a breeze. Somewhere in India, China, California, thousands of people return from the dead.
Dec 20 22:45:02 <Maddy> One Dr.Kens finds himself still researching SCP-049 in a bunker in the asshole of the plant.
Dec 20 22:45:07 <Maddy> *planet
Dec 20 22:46:01 <Maddy> The book is gone.
Dec 20 22:46:37 <Echo> Scott peeks back over the tailgate as they drive away.
Dec 20 22:46:43 <Gara> Emma lays down.
Dec 20 22:46:55 <dexandroid> Myr wraps her arms around her knees, looking out, desperately hoping to see Arianna somewhere out there.
Dec 20 22:46:56 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte passes out from sheer exhaustion.
Dec 20 22:47:29 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle drives
Dec 20 22:47:40 <Echo> «Hey Kyle?»
Dec 20 22:47:47 <PaulS_laptop> «Yeah?»
Dec 20 22:47:56 <Echo> «Head for Utica.»
Dec 20 22:48:02 <PaulS_laptop> «Gotcha»
Dec 20 22:48:14 <PaulS_laptop> «Any sign of Ari back there?»
Dec 20 22:48:23 <dexandroid> Myr takes a radio, shrouded. «Ari»
Dec 20 22:48:26 <dexandroid> ?*
Dec 20 22:48:42 <Maddy> Oh one more thing! The stars.
Dec 20 22:48:42 <Gara> She takes off her night vision.
Dec 20 22:48:47 <Maddy> They look normal again.
Dec 20 22:48:56 <Maddy> There's the bid dipper and everything!
Dec 20 22:49:00 <PaulS_laptop> «Check out the sky»
Dec 20 22:49:21 <Pemander> No answer.
Dec 20 22:49:27 <Gara> She looks up at the stars.
Dec 20 22:49:36 <dexandroid> «Arianna did you die?»
Dec 20 22:52:55 <dexandroid> «… I'll see you later then. Night.»
Dec 20 22:54:48 <Maddy> They make it back to Utica and to the others waiting.