Furious Fae

Dec 17 21:27:59 <E4D> Jason gives the small assembled group another quick glance, then raises his remote mic. «Again, any personnel that's up and around, down to the LAV. Got some things to discuss."
Dec 17 21:28:02 <E4D> *»
Dec 17 21:28:18 <Ragazzo> Lancius trots over from nearby.
Dec 17 21:28:54 <Nioki> "Next time we visit a foundation site, I would appreciate it if someone who knows how would find information on SCP number 1511. Whatever they can take."
Dec 17 21:29:52 <E4D> "I can do that."
Dec 17 21:29:53 <Ragazzo> He looks at Jason.
Dec 17 21:29:58 <Tom90deg> Zoe also wanders on over to the LAV
Dec 17 21:31:07 <E4D> "Just finished talkin' about it with the ones already here, but I'll go over it again. I talked to the Captain and Iyo, and got their approval. If you, for whatever reason… don't feel like coming along with us to where we're headed, you can stay here."
Dec 17 21:31:21 <E4D> "It's safe, secure, and you've seen the accomodations."
Dec 17 21:32:17 <E4D> "And no one is gonna fault a decision one way or the other."
Dec 17 21:32:42 <Tom90deg> "Eh. I'm still looking for Midnight. Staying here, while nice, won't get me any closer to it."
Dec 17 21:33:08 <Tom90deg> "I do need to talk to Iyo before we leave, if I can."
Dec 17 21:36:18 <Ragazzo> Lancius shakes his head.
Dec 17 21:36:40 <E4D> "We're shoving off shortly. Dunno if there's time."
Dec 17 21:37:00 <Tom90deg> "Well, I'll leave a message for her with the captian then."
Dec 17 21:37:06 <Tom90deg> "Do I have time to do that?"
Dec 17 21:37:48 <E4D> "Captain's hard to find."
Dec 17 21:38:02 <Artemis> Artemis starts to pack in his and Adhelami's things into the EVE.
Dec 17 21:38:35 <Maddy> Alice is all packed!
Dec 17 21:38:45 * SpaceMao (~PI.0FF789F9.DF48D32A.B30AAA1F|criordna#PI.0FF789F9.DF48D32A.B30AAA1F|criordna) has joined #afteraction
Dec 17 21:38:59 <Maddy> She looks a little sad about the bunnies being crammed back into their box.
Dec 17 21:39:00 <Tom90deg> "Damn it…Is there anyway I can leave a message then?"
Dec 17 21:39:48 <E4D> "I'd put it in the room you were in."
Dec 17 21:40:12 <Tom90deg> "Right then. Be back in a bit."
Dec 17 21:40:50 <Tom90deg> Zoe heads off, leaving Iyo a short note, telling her about Midnight, and asking for help, Asking to meet her on the boat at some point in the near future. She then heads on back to the boat.
Dec 17 21:41:59 <Nioki> Everything Alanoch owns he has in a small pack.
Dec 17 21:42:01 <E4D> The Eve is parked in the underbelly of the ship. She never left.
Dec 17 21:42:14 <E4D> "John, do me a favor?"
Dec 17 21:42:36 <E4D> "Check those Zodiacs, make sure they're strapped good and fuckin' tight? I checked 'em earlier, but it never hurts.
Dec 17 21:42:58 <E4D> Jason gestures at the Zodiacs strapped sideways on the LAV.
Dec 17 21:46:12 <Adhelami> Adhelami is sat down somewhere, yawning. She has been sleepy today. She messes up her hair a little.
Dec 17 21:46:51 <Artemis> Artemis loads up their things and and goes to sit next to Adhelami to wait. There is his shoulder.
Dec 17 21:48:58 <Dexanote> Myrtle's already loaded her stuff. Occasionally one might notice her leaning up against the Eve, black evening gown and sunglasses.
Dec 17 21:49:09 <Adhelami> Bonk. Head meets shoulder. Awww yiss.
Dec 17 21:52:31 <Nioki> Alanoch stares straight ahead for what must be at least a full minute, unmoving.
Dec 17 21:52:45 * ChanServ sets mode +q #afteraction E4D
Dec 17 21:52:45 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to E4D
Dec 17 21:53:49 <Dexanote> "… Alanoch, you alright?"
Dec 17 21:53:52 <Nioki> 4df+5 Luxomancy.
Dec 17 21:53:52 <Glacon> Nioki: Luxomancy.: 9 (4df+5=+, +, +, +)
Dec 17 21:53:55 <Nioki> …
Dec 17 21:53:55 <E4D> "Hey, to, Myrtle. You know we're going seaward, right?"
Dec 17 21:54:02 <E4D> *yo
Dec 17 21:54:30 <E4D> He points at her luxurious evening gown. "Somethin' happens, you might want to be in somethin' else."
Dec 17 21:54:35 * ConsortAlon (~moc.sregor.elbac.ten.epc.4DCF5DB1-CRInys|resu#moc.sregor.elbac.ten.epc.4DCF5DB1-CRInys|resu) has joined #afteraction
Dec 17 21:54:49 <Dexanote> "yeah, I'll change when we get back on land. I thought I'd see Callieach off in it, she apparently made it after Liadan creeped me out. Saying sorry, right?"
Dec 17 21:55:01 <E4D> "Huh?"
Dec 17 21:55:20 <Nioki> For a moment, his eyes blaze indigo, and the entire room dims. An especially dark patch appears in front of him, in a globe at least four feet across.
Dec 17 21:55:53 * CondorTalon has quit (Ping timeout)
Dec 17 21:55:58 * ConsortAlon is now known as CondorTalon
Dec 17 21:55:59 <Tom90deg> "Impressive Alanoch."
Dec 17 21:56:12 <Dexanote> "We were in-" glaaance. Oooh that's cool. "… In the ballroom last night, people were dancing. She made him come and offer a dance, Adhelami didn't feel comfortable. Alanoch that's excellent."
Dec 17 21:56:30 <Nioki> A moment later, a map of the world snaps into focus, complete with country, city, and ocean names. He must have memorized this during his containment.
Dec 17 21:57:07 <Nioki> "Where are we, and where are we going?"
Dec 17 21:57:09 <Dexanote> "Holy shit."
Dec 17 21:57:29 <Adhelami> Adhelami blinks at the map. D:
Dec 17 21:57:37 <Tom90deg> "Heh, you know, we do have a map."
Dec 17 21:57:46 <Nioki> He lets it spin, slowly, and a moment later a moon forms around it.
Dec 17 21:57:48 <Dexanote> "Adhelami, this is our world."
Dec 17 21:58:07 * Dr_Kens (~PI.4B77E01B.3F44C825.B30FEDBB|alliztahc#PI.4B77E01B.3F44C825.B30FEDBB|alliztahc) has joined #afteraction
Dec 17 21:58:24 <Adhelami> "It is so big…" She blinks.
Dec 17 21:58:53 <Nioki> "I have looked at it, yes. I prefer my map. Once I memorize what we've seen at a location, I can bring it back."
Dec 17 21:59:44 <Nioki> "Update it, if you will."
Dec 17 21:59:54 <Tom90deg> "You've got a good memory…."
Dec 17 22:00:41 <Nioki> "I doubt my memory functions quite the same as anyone else's."
Dec 17 22:00:56 <Dexanote> "I would agree."
Dec 17 22:00:57 <Nioki> "Otherwise, this would not be surprising."
Dec 17 22:03:53 <Nioki> "So, does anyone know where we are and where we're going?"
Dec 17 22:04:24 <Maddy> "I'm s-sot sure where we are, b-but we're hitting Mainland C-china, I believe
Dec 17 22:06:56 <Nioki> The map zooms in on China and the Phillipines, losing its globular shape.
Dec 17 22:07:09 <Nioki> The miniature moon vanishes.
Dec 17 22:09:40 <Nioki> A moment later, a wide line appears, heading down towards Australia. An estimation of the convoy's route.
Dec 17 22:11:35 <Dexanote> "That's about right."
Dec 17 22:11:58 <Ragazzo> The jewel on myrtle's necklace glimmers subtly. And then less subtly. The light playing across it's surface brightens, and then…pours out in a torrent, detaching itself, forming a hologram of sorts, but without any visible source of projection. It's of Cailleach, and flickers somewhat. She turns to and fro for a moment, examining herself.
Dec 17 22:12:07 <Adhelami> "Your world has so much water…"
Dec 17 22:12:27 <Dexanote> "oh. Well. Shit."
Dec 17 22:12:33 <Nioki> Alanoch turns, and the map vanishes.
Dec 17 22:12:47 <PaulS_laptop> "huh"
Dec 17 22:12:51 <PaulS_laptop> an eyebrow raises
Dec 17 22:12:51 <Ragazzo> "…hello everyone." She speaks, and the voice while clear as day, sounds somewhat distant.
Dec 17 22:12:55 <E4D> "What the *shit*?"
Dec 17 22:13:13 <Maddy> O_o
Dec 17 22:13:17 <Adhelami> Adhelami blinks with wide EYE.
Dec 17 22:13:35 <Ragazzo> "I'm sure you have questions, but if they could please wait just one moment…"
Dec 17 22:14:06 <Tom90deg> "Do we need to help you, we're your only hope?"
Dec 17 22:14:20 <Maddy> "Shhhhhhh."
Dec 17 22:14:51 <Maddy> Says Alice, like an angry librarian…wearing power armour wile heavily armed
Dec 17 22:15:15 <Ragazzo> She strokes a strand of illusory hair back into place. "I wanted, before anything else, to inform you that Liadan and I have found another way off this vessel, and back to earth. The captain was in possession of a certain curtain, you see…" She looks away as though at someone else briefly.
Dec 17 22:15:57 <Ragazzo> "…but, that is unimportant, at the current time." She sighs, and her body languyage shifts to one fo mild regret.
Dec 17 22:17:02 <Ragazzo> She turns to face myrtle. "Dear, I'm afraid that I have some unfortunate news for you, and your companions…"
Dec 17 22:17:27 <Ragazzo> "I hope you'll forgive me, and understand the last thing I'd ever wish any of you was harm…."
Dec 17 22:17:41 <Nioki> Alanoch silently begins gathering light, black threads flaring out behind him.
Dec 17 22:18:06 <Adhelami> Adhelami's gut drops…
Dec 17 22:18:17 <Maddy> " >:( "
Dec 17 22:18:25 <E4D> "Think carefully on what you're about to say, and know the consequences."
Dec 17 22:18:28 <Artemis> Artemis perks up then, listening cautiously, suddenly aware of where all his weapons are.
Dec 17 22:18:40 <PaulS_laptop> John's jaw sets
Dec 17 22:18:58 <Nioki> He crouches slightly, leveling his eyes with the gem.
Dec 17 22:19:53 <Dexanote> "You're not actually here, are you?" She growls, reaching for her gold-plated knife.
Dec 17 22:19:59 <PaulS_laptop> John's hand unconsciously shifts to the PDW on his hip
Dec 17 22:20:47 <Ragazzo> "I am not." She ignores everyone but Myrtle. "Dear, do you remember how we arrived to be in your company?" She turns regarding the group. "Do you all remember?"
Dec 17 22:21:22 <PaulS_laptop> "Yup."
Dec 17 22:21:51 <Tom90deg> "Yep."
Dec 17 22:21:53 <Dexanote> Groan. "Oh come on…"
Dec 17 22:22:11 <Artemis> Artemis doesnt get it. He wasn't there.
Dec 17 22:22:21 <E4D> "What? What is it, Myrtle?"
Dec 17 22:22:22 <Maddy> "Just fucking g-get to the point."
Dec 17 22:23:01 <Maddy> "The dudes s-stranded you, a-and now they w-wanna ruin our day. S'my guess."
Dec 17 22:23:34 <PaulS_laptop> "Figured"
Dec 17 22:23:35 <Dexanote> "You shot their fucking luggage, Jason." Glare. "And now they're going to be like good stereotypical ghost monsters and make us pay it back."
Dec 17 22:24:27 <Nioki> Alanoch just keeps staring at the gem, feeling every scrap of light that leaves it.
Dec 17 22:24:33 <E4D> Jason looks at Callie. "I am *warning* you, right now. Do something stupid, and your lives *will* be forfeit. I am *not* bullshitting you."
Dec 17 22:25:01 <Ragazzo> "I apologize. I'll shall hasten to the crux of the matter. The chest you destroyed in assaulting Liadan and I contained several items of supreme importance. The events that brought you here, to this vessel, led to these items being scattered randomly across this world."
Dec 17 22:26:08 <Ragazzo> She turns to look at Jason briefly, then back to myrtle, sighing dismissively.
Dec 17 22:26:15 <Ragazzo> "Myrtle, dear?"
Dec 17 22:26:25 <Ragazzo> "You are quite intelligent."
Dec 17 22:27:03 <Dexanote> "Apparently not enough."
Dec 17 22:27:03 <Ragazzo> "It's for this reason that…"
Dec 17 22:27:21 <Ragazzo> "No, you are, nothing you did brought this on you…"
Dec 17 22:27:33 <Dexanote> She reaches and tries to undo the ribbon. After struggling a bit, no luck. Nope. "Uh huh?"
Dec 17 22:27:37 <Tom90deg> "How randomly are we talking about? Anywhere in the world, or within a certan area?"
Dec 17 22:27:58 <E4D> 4df+5 Jason steps over, reaches out, and grabs the necklace. "You want to talk, come talk to us." He pulls at it in an attempt to break it and toss it away.
Dec 17 22:27:58 <Maddy> "Maybe l-let her explain the rest b-before asking shit, like she said."
Dec 17 22:27:58 <Glacon> E4D: Jason steps over, reaches out, and grabs the necklace. "You want to talk, come talk to us." He pulls at it in an attempt to break it and toss it away.: 6 (4df+5=+, -, +, 0)
Dec 17 22:28:51 <Ragazzo> Jason's hands pass through the necklace, through myrtle. Callie turns. "Please, a moment, I must speak to myrtle first…" She turns back, voice slowly becoming more and more regretful. "It is /because/ we think you are value
Dec 17 22:28:57 <Ragazzo> …
Dec 17 22:29:17 <Ragazzo> *valuable to yoru companions that you were chosent o be marked in this manner."
Dec 17 22:29:20 <Dexanote> "ACK-" CHOKE!. She struggles against him.
Dec 17 22:29:29 <Dexanote> or not.
Dec 17 22:29:36 <Adhelami> "Dahn."
Dec 17 22:29:42 <Adhelami> Adhelami speaks up, then.
Dec 17 22:30:24 <Ragazzo> "Please, dear adhelami, in a moment…" She sounds pained.
Dec 17 22:30:32 <PaulS_laptop> "Let this be a lesson ta us. Next time we see fae, shoot them til they're dead."
Dec 17 22:30:44 <Adhelami> "You owe me a favor, Dahn." She says firmly.
Dec 17 22:30:44 * ProfChainsawFace (~ten.elbacogc.emoh.AB16CE54-CRInys|alliztahc#ten.elbacogc.emoh.AB16CE54-CRInys|alliztahc) has joined #afteraction
Dec 17 22:31:11 <Tom90deg> "Or not shot them first, but I realize how silly that sounds."
Dec 17 22:31:19 <Ragazzo> "Dear, I will grant whatever favor I can, but I must say this, -please-…"
Dec 17 22:31:34 <Artemis> Artemis touches Adhelami's arm.
Dec 17 22:32:17 * Salmander|Away has quit (Ping timeout)
Dec 17 22:32:30 <ProfChainsawFace> Glare.
Dec 17 22:32:32 <Adhelami> "Then say what the marking does, and stop wasting time with apology." >:|
Dec 17 22:33:00 <E4D> "No shit. You're not helpin' yourself, Callie."
Dec 17 22:33:11 <E4D> "Get to the fuckin' point."
Dec 17 22:33:36 * Dexanote has quit (NickServ (GHOST command used by ProfChainsawFace))
Dec 17 22:33:37 <Ragazzo> Ok. Calling for a PAUSE HERE.
Dec 17 22:33:42 <ProfChainsawFace> Fuck
Dec 17 22:33:49 * ProfChainsawFace is now known as Dexanote
Dec 17 22:37:52 <Ragazzo> "The point is this, you and your companions are tasked with recovering what you caused Liadan and I to lose. We do not have the time, or the resources to do so ourselves. As regretful as this is, it is your responsibility, and you will fulfill it, or myrtle-" She bows grimly to the woman. "-will be claimed by us, and the mark transferred to another of your…
Dec 17 22:37:57 <Ragazzo> …party."
Dec 17 22:38:26 <Maddy> "… :| :
Dec 17 22:38:29 <Maddy> "
Dec 17 22:38:35 <Tom90deg> "Great. I don't suppose you know where they are, or just "somewhere in the world"
Dec 17 22:38:45 <Ragazzo> "We will provide information, and aid, and even tangible assistance when possible."
Dec 17 22:39:06 <Nioki> "You really have no idea what our world is like right now, do you. I do hope you survive long enough to regret betraying us."
Dec 17 22:39:09 <Ragazzo> "Our intention, and our hope, is to see you succeed."
Dec 17 22:39:26 <Adhelami> "DAHN." Adhelami yells sharply.
Dec 17 22:39:36 <Artemis> Artemis growls. He -knew-. Damn it, he knew something wasn't right.
Dec 17 22:39:40 <Adhelami> She /mad/.
Dec 17 22:39:50 <Dexanote> "Alanoch cut the necklace off of me."
Dec 17 22:40:10 <Ragazzo> "This is not a betrayal, children. It is an accounting. As we are now holding ourselves responsible for our actions against humanity, you will be held for your actions against us."
Dec 17 22:40:13 <Dexanote> She's glaring at the Cailleach, trembling a bit.
Dec 17 22:40:39 <Ragazzo> "The necklace cannot be removed."
Dec 17 22:40:41 <E4D> "Listen to me, you stupid cunt."
Dec 17 22:40:43 <Artemis> "So you would claim -all- of us?" Artemis steps forward.
Dec 17 22:40:56 <Nioki> "Oh, do try to contain that guilt of yours. We saved you from floating on a box in the ocean, at a greater personal risk that you seem to comprehend."
Dec 17 22:41:26 <Nioki> "Do you honestly want us as enemies?"
Dec 17 22:41:26 <Maddy> "Cons-sidering what is known of the Unseelie…"
Dec 17 22:41:32 <Ragazzo> "It is the only way to ensure you continue. Live together, or hang together."
Dec 17 22:41:38 <Ragazzo> "I am sorry."
Dec 17 22:41:47 <Maddy> "You're redicoulous."
Dec 17 22:41:47 <Adhelami> Adhelami is so angry, her fists are shaking. She's crying very angry tears, now, baring her teeth.
Dec 17 22:41:48 <Ragazzo> She turns to Adhelami.
Dec 17 22:41:58 <E4D> "The kid's got more sense than either one of you stupid fuckin' bints does. You want to play it this way, we'll fuckin' play it this way. That shit ain't so essential that we need it around, or it would have been an issue beforehand.
Dec 17 22:42:01 <Ragazzo> "Yes, dear adhelami?"
Dec 17 22:42:13 <E4D> "You're just here for negotiations. There ain't a DAMN THING there that we or this world need."
Dec 17 22:42:29 <Nioki> "I will reduce you to less than your component molecules. Of this group, I can be considered a -reserved- person."
Dec 17 22:42:47 <Adhelami> "Do not speak to me that way, as if you deserve to." She speaks sharply.
Dec 17 22:43:04 <Ragazzo> Cailleach has ears only for one person at a time, it seems.
Dec 17 22:43:17 <Dexanote> "Then DO it!." She shouts at Alanoch. She mad.
Dec 17 22:43:21 <Artemis> The lance is brought out from under Artemis' cloak. He is looking out for Liadan.
Dec 17 22:43:25 <Ragazzo> "I deserve your ire. Speak your favor."
Dec 17 22:43:35 <Nioki> 4df+4 Perception->Luxomancy. The black threads flare.
Dec 17 22:43:36 <Glacon> Nioki: Perception->Luxomancy. The black threads flare.: 4 (4df+4=+, -, +, -)
Dec 17 22:43:41 <Ragazzo> "I only hope that I can grant it."
Dec 17 22:44:03 <Adhelami> "I could ask for many things, but it seems that my work and my kindness was of no worth to you."
Dec 17 22:44:10 <Nioki> "Jason has already passed through you. It is logical to assume that light will do the same. Failing that, you could be severely injured or killed."
Dec 17 22:44:26 <E4D> "You talk like *you* deserve a claim to *shit* with our group. We gave you a favor enough when we took you aboard, fed your sorry asses, and didn't put you out at sea. You couldn't have *made* it here without us."
Dec 17 22:44:35 * Dr_Kens is now known as Kens_Arting
Dec 17 22:44:54 <Nioki> "She is capable of seeing us, though. Do tell me when you are finished talking. I have a /message/ for her."
Dec 17 22:45:22 <E4D> "Fuckin' cunt ain't got a claim on *no* *one* here."
Dec 17 22:45:27 <E4D> Jason shuts up.
Dec 17 22:45:29 <Ragazzo> "Dear, your kindness and your work meant the world to me, indeed it may yet prove this world's salvation. I ask only that you continue to be the person you are. Ask your favor, if you would."
Dec 17 22:45:48 <Ragazzo> To adhelami.
Dec 17 22:46:11 <Ragazzo> Everyone else is being ignored, for now.
Dec 17 22:46:27 <Dexanote> "Why me, Cailleach?"
Dec 17 22:47:34 <Adhelami> "Do not give me an order, as I will not heed it. If my work truly meant so much, then you would be willing to trade it for the release of my Vhen. I regret my kindness toward you, and I regret ever helping you." She's probably never been more angry in her life.
Dec 17 22:47:42 <Ragazzo> "You seemed the most perceptive, of your group, dear."
Dec 17 22:48:30 <Artemis> "What consequence to zhe world is it if we do not do as you ask?" Artemis is not without considering what else may be important. "What are zese items?"
Dec 17 22:50:46 <Ragazzo> "I cannot do that, dear. These items will allow for the main body of our kind to return to the world, once assembled. Negotiations have fallen through in some areas. Integration, and order will be restored in these places, by less peaceful means. We will cleanse the beings who torment your kind, and shirk their duty."
Dec 17 22:50:58 <Ragazzo> After the first sentence, she turns to artemis.
Dec 17 22:51:18 * Salmander|Away (~ten.elbacwahs.gc.63A9248-CRInys|rednamlaS#ten.elbacwahs.gc.63A9248-CRInys|rednamlaS) has joined #afteraction
Dec 17 22:51:19 <E4D> "Uh, and why would we want more motherfuckers that come and pull shit like you?"
Dec 17 22:51:20 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Dexanote
Dec 17 22:51:32 <E4D> "You're kind of negotiating against yourself."
Dec 17 22:51:39 <Ragazzo> "We did not wish to do this to you."
Dec 17 22:51:47 <Nioki> "You have just described yourself. Somehow, this does not fill me with trust."
Dec 17 22:51:52 <Ragazzo> "If there were another way, I would pursue it."
Dec 17 22:52:17 <Maddy> "You s-seem to be missing our c-concern. We don't want more of you here."
Dec 17 22:52:17 <PaulS_laptop> "You coulda just asked. As it stands, my vote is that you can go fuck yourself."
Dec 17 22:52:18 <E4D> "And think, ya dumbass. We don't even have guaranteed transportation. If you can't do it in a hurry, what makes you think we *could* even if we wanted to? It took us three fuckin' months to get from one side of Australia to another."
Dec 17 22:52:27 * Salmander|Away is now known as Salmander
Dec 17 22:52:47 <E4D> "Right now, we've got an armored vehicle that can travel about a mile through the water. So *think* for a second, ya stupid fuckers."
Dec 17 22:53:17 <Ragazzo> "There are two of us. And many more of you. You have your technology. We have a single horse."
Dec 17 22:53:17 <Adhelami> "I would rather live with the monsters that are on this planet— You are not a thing to be trusted. Instead, you torment and imprison others. You are no better than those who imprisoned my people, claiming beautiful words." She goes to walk away from the scene. She's shaking and red in the face.
Dec 17 22:53:18 <Nioki> "And drop the rather pathetic lies, at least. Were this something that could conceivably have helped us, you would have simply asked. Blackmail and betrayal are not the hallmarks of those who want what's best for us."
Dec 17 22:54:03 <Ragazzo> "Would you honestly have accepted? There is no reason for you to endanger yourselves." She turns on alanoch. "Tell me, truthfully, that this is a burden you would have accepted."
Dec 17 22:54:07 <Adhelami> Adhelami finds the elevator, and goes into it. The doors shut and she's gone.
Dec 17 22:54:20 <Tom90deg> "Have to agree. And as Jason would say, if I'm thinking your slimy, you're leaveing a trail."
Dec 17 22:54:27 <Nioki> "Were it for the benefit of our world? Yes."
Dec 17 22:54:27 <Artemis> Artemis looks between Caileach and Adhelami….
Dec 17 22:54:50 <Nioki> "Our world needs all the help it can get."
Dec 17 22:54:53 <PaulS_laptop> "a very slight tremor is forming in the hand of John's that isn't on his gun
Dec 17 22:55:12 <Ragazzo> "And as for all of you?" She turns to look at each in turn. "Would you do the same?"
Dec 17 22:55:23 <Ragazzo> I'm assuming alanoch shows no signs of lying.
Dec 17 22:55:24 <Nioki> "You, however, are clearly creatures we were better off without."
Dec 17 22:55:29 <E4D> "So I have an offer for *you*. Think about this for a second. Say we call your bluff, and you pull this shit. I'm gonna make it my personal mission to hide or destroy every fucking thing you lost. And then? Guess what, you STILL lose out on the time game. I'd make it a fuckin' point to fuck this up just to spite you."
Dec 17 22:56:25 <E4D> "So, tell me eactly how bad you want your deal fucked up? And who stands to lose more?"
Dec 17 22:56:30 <Adhelami> Adhelami goes up to the rooms, and goes into hers, shutting the door.
Dec 17 22:56:33 * Bouncl (~ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.F89E38BE-CRInys|alliztahc#ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.F89E38BE-CRInys|alliztahc) has joined #afteraction
Dec 17 22:57:33 <Nioki> "Now, however, you have betrayed us, and created enmity with the people you are asking for help. I am going to scour you from existence. And don't pretend to be sorry about what you did. If you cared, you would not have done it."
Dec 17 22:58:17 <Artemis> Artemis shifts his feet, stalking around the spirit woman.
Dec 17 22:58:36 <Artemis> 4df+4 Maneuver
Dec 17 22:58:36 <Glacon> Artemis: Maneuver: 3 (4df+4=-, +, 0, -)
Dec 17 22:58:48 <Nioki> "False empathy is remarkably insulting."
Dec 17 22:59:02 <Dexanote> "Shut up."
Dec 17 22:59:13 <E4D> "Uh, no."
Dec 17 22:59:40 <Dexanote> Myrtle shakes, obviously angry and scared. "If we don't do it, what's going to happen to me?"
Dec 17 22:59:41 <Tom90deg> "You all seem to be forgetting a major point. If we don't do it, they'll 'Claim' each and every one of us one at a time."
Dec 17 22:59:50 <Ragazzo> "You, as a people will lose more." She turns to Alanoch again. "Our empathy is sincere. You will see as much soon." She turns to myrtle. "I can provide you a glimpse of you will be working against."
Dec 17 23:00:10 <Ragazzo> *of what you
Dec 17 23:00:43 <Maddy> "Fucking Unseelie bastards." Alice walks off.
Dec 17 23:01:33 <E4D> "And tell me this, how would the mark pass to anyone else? You ain't got claim on *shit*. You take the one you claimed already, and then what? Ain't nobody taken your stupid fuckin' necklace, or a goddamn dress. I got two words for your deal: Fuck off."
Dec 17 23:01:52 <Ragazzo> Suddenly, Cailelach touches the gem on myrtle's choker. Everyone in twenty yards is wrapped in darkness, and see only each other.
Dec 17 23:01:55 <Ragazzo> PAUSE
Dec 17 23:01:57 <Nioki> "You clearly have the wrong definition of empathy."
Dec 17 23:02:34 <Ragazzo> It will remain paused until I say unpause, ok?
Dec 17 23:04:51 <Ragazzo> At first, the changes to the black void are slow, and the figure of Cailelach at the group's center flickers rapidly. Dry, cracked earth forms under them. Scroched and split, bearing the marks of both modern warfare, and more primitive combats. Shattered swords, pikes…whips and scythes….
Dec 17 23:05:43 <Ragazzo> They stand on what was once likely a vast plain, the sky over them remains black…but as the details come into focus, is revealed to be buzzing, moving, and shifting.
Dec 17 23:06:24 * Nus|Hunts has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Dec 17 23:08:17 <Ragazzo> The group might recognize the immense cloud by it's shape and sounds. Grotesque fly like beings. Back no the ground, bodies formed, and then…protrusions from these bodies. Some are discarded weapons, shoved into sockets, and flesh, leaking putrid bile and blood, but others…are different…
Dec 17 23:09:31 <Ragazzo> ..wriggling humanoid shapes, emitting a hellish moan of torment. "These are the souls of those who will not be carried on, should the duty break down, and cease to be performed altogether…" Speaks Cailleach, who ha ssolidfied.
Dec 17 23:09:38 <Ragazzo> Unpause.
Dec 17 23:10:11 <Artemis> "Asking would have been preferred, Demon," Artemis growls.
Dec 17 23:10:25 <Nioki> "Why not simply show us this, and explain? No threats, no betrayal."
Dec 17 23:10:54 <Tom90deg> "If you showed us this, we would've probaly said yes when we first met."
Dec 17 23:11:00 <Ragazzo> "We can not take chances. I am sorry. If you will swear to do this of your free will, I wil lremove Myrtle's marking."
Dec 17 23:11:15 <E4D> "I swear to fucking Christ, you need to put me back where I was right the fuck now. I don't give a goddamn about all these souls. And if you keep me away from Alice for one more fucking minute, I *will* fuck your plan up. I *will* fuck up your designs. And I *will* find you, drag you down and slaughter you.""
Dec 17 23:11:29 <E4D> Jason's seething. She'll get no logic from him at this point.
Dec 17 23:11:33 <Artemis> "I swear it," Artemis says, taking the shitball for everyone first.
Dec 17 23:11:36 <Nioki> "You have removed any reason to trust your word. That was the chance you took. It was a remarkably foolish decision."
Dec 17 23:11:46 <E4D> "Yeah, *fuck* you, cunt."
Dec 17 23:11:55 <Tom90deg> "I also Swear. I can't let these innocents suffer."
Dec 17 23:12:15 <E4D> "There, you got your errand boys. Put us fuckin' back."
Dec 17 23:12:24 <Ragazzo> "You have a choice. I have done you no harm, yet. In truth, I wish you no harm. But I will not allow this. If you will interfere, I wil lend each of you now."
Dec 17 23:12:36 <Ragazzo> *will
Dec 17 23:12:38 <Nioki> "I could show you anything I can imagine. Why should I trust this?" Alanoch gestures outwards.
Dec 17 23:12:55 * Heiden (ten.htuoslleb.mem.6C54F973-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.htuoslleb.mem.6C54F973-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Dec 17 23:12:55 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Heiden
Dec 17 23:13:20 <Nioki> "Your word is worth as much as your apology. Nothing."
Dec 17 23:13:28 <E4D> "Then fuckin' do it. YOUR plans are the ones at stake. WE were the ones that took you on in the first place. Like I said, you're arguin' against yourself. You want an oath from us, when you ain't given us a choice to begin with.""
Dec 17 23:13:43 <Artemis> "If zhere is steel you should fear on zis earth, demon, it is zhe steel i wield in my hand. You will regret any furzher betrayal or threats."
Dec 17 23:13:47 <PaulS_laptop> PAUSE
Dec 17 23:13:48 <Dexanote> She glares at Jason.
Dec 17 23:13:57 <Ragazzo> Pause
Dec 17 23:14:11 <Ragazzo> Paul, do your thing?
Dec 17 23:17:14 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+5
Dec 17 23:17:15 <PaulS_laptop> "Here's a counter offer. Give us Myrtle back. Anyone here will attest that I have ended more lives than your race numbers. Put us back, and you'll have no problems. Elsewise, I will personally drive your race to extinction…
Dec 17 23:17:15 <PaulS_laptop> "If you continue to push me, push us, your species will lose everything. You will see your children's scalps hang from my belt, your women raped and dissectedand your men slaughtered. And you, personally, will be last. You will see the end of your kind."
Dec 17 23:17:15 <PaulS_laptop> "You have your choice. Put us back, and return our compatriot, or end. Your call."
Dec 17 23:17:37 <Ragazzo> Pausing again
Dec 17 23:18:10 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+5 dammit glacon, actually roll this time
Dec 17 23:18:11 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: dammit glacon, actually roll this time: 6 (4df+5=0, 0, 0, +)
Dec 17 23:18:13 <Nioki> Inwardly, Alanoch smiles. Such a creative fellow.
Dec 17 23:20:26 <Dexanote> She wraps her arms around herself, considering giving up. Thanks John.
Dec 17 23:20:59 <PaulS_laptop> John attempts to put a hand on Myrtle's shoulder.
Dec 17 23:21:11 <E4D> Jason does what he was going to do before they voiped. He raises both his hands, middle fingers up. "I got one for both of ya. Sit on it and take it up your asses." Both barrels. "You ain't gettin' an oath on shit from me after this. Maybe before, if you fuckin' asked. But you ain't gettin' shit, now."
Dec 17 23:21:34 <Dexanote> JOLT-PUSH-SLAP-STUMBLE "Don't TOUCH-"
Dec 17 23:22:16 <Ragazzo> PAUSE
Dec 17 23:22:18 <Ragazzo> FFS
Dec 17 23:30:23 * SpaceMao has quit (Quit: AndroIRC - Android IRC Client ( http://www.androirc.com ))
Dec 17 23:32:44 <Artemis> With respect to the pause, Artemis touches Jason's arm and gestures for the larger man to join him over there for a quiet consultation.
Dec 17 23:33:16 <E4D> Jason glares at Callie harshly for a moment, and steps over with him.
Dec 17 23:33:33 <E4D> "*What* the *fuck* do you want?"
Dec 17 23:33:55 * Kens_Arting is now known as Dr_Kens
Dec 17 23:33:58 <Dr_Kens> penis penis penis
Dec 17 23:34:05 * Maddy has kicked Dr_Kens from #afteraction (Maddy)
Dec 17 23:34:05 * Dr_Kens (~PI.4B77E01B.3F44C825.B30FEDBB|alliztahc#PI.4B77E01B.3F44C825.B30FEDBB|alliztahc) has joined #afteraction
Dec 17 23:35:16 <Artemis> "We cannot risk losing Myrtle," he says lowly. "If zhere is a bluff to call, we cannot afford to pursue right now. I say we pledge ourselves to zis cause and release Myrtle from zheir hold, and act from zhere, yes?"
Dec 17 23:39:37 <Ragazzo> Please proceed. I am sorry for the delay.
Dec 17 23:40:41 <E4D> "You want to be their fuckin' puppet, then go ahead. They pull shit like this and then expect us to help 'em while they're sayin' "oh, no, you misunderstand, we're doing this out of *kindness.*" They ain't gonna piss down the back of my neck and convince me it's fuckin' rain."
Dec 17 23:41:02 <Nioki> "So. This is in some part about debts? The destruction of your property leading to our entrapment in this so-called deal? I have one for you."
Dec 17 23:41:19 <Ragazzo> Cailleach regards alanoch.
Dec 17 23:41:31 <Ragazzo> "Go on then."
Dec 17 23:41:39 <E4D> "They ain't got claim to *shit* here." He turns and stabs a finger at Callie. "And *you*, you despicable fuckin' lyin'-ass whore. I already fuckin' *told* /you/ where you can cram it."
Dec 17 23:42:11 <PaulS_laptop> John stands there facing Cali. His hand is on the PDW. He slowly draws it, drops the existing mag and puts a mag with a gray tape stripe around it into his gun. Slow, deliberate action to hide the very slight tremor.
Dec 17 23:42:12 <Artemis> "I am not saying we should surrender completely, I am suggesting we play zheir game in case we truly are needed to prevent somesing terrible, and destroy zhem -later- if zhey are frauds."
Dec 17 23:42:14 <Nioki> "You owe us your lives. We could have left you adrift without food, doomed. When you have collected on our supposed debt to you, we collect on your debt to us."
Dec 17 23:42:40 <Nioki> He sounds… cold. Very, very cold.
Dec 17 23:43:19 <E4D> He turns back to Artemis. "Prevent something terrible? You're smarter than that. You heard them. They're here to broker a union deal. That's all. A power play. They want more of them here. They don't stand to gain *shit* unless we play along."
Dec 17 23:43:46 <Ragazzo> "So be it. Our lives are inconsequential to thsoe of humaity. If you wish are lives in return for the completion of this task, I will give them to you."
Dec 17 23:44:04 <Ragazzo> *our lives
Dec 17 23:44:11 <Artemis> "And we only stand to lose a companion and an opportunity to prevent tragedy if we do not comply." Artemis shrugs. He's got the smart play here and he knows it.
Dec 17 23:44:43 <Nioki> "Now all we lack is a reason to trust you. About any of this."
Dec 17 23:44:43 <Artemis> Artemis gestures. "Zhey sound sincere, no?"
Dec 17 23:45:44 <Ragazzo> "If it comes to that, I will grant you a promise. All of you."
Dec 17 23:46:29 <E4D> Jason wheels. "And what fuckin' good is a promise from *you*? Look how you've acted so far! You *might* have been able to sling some shit past the radar before."
Dec 17 23:46:34 <Nioki> "Words won't suffice. You have already lost our trust."
Dec 17 23:46:47 <Dexanote> "Shut up Alanoch."
Dec 17 23:46:49 <Ragazzo> "And you lsot mine when you fired on us."
Dec 17 23:46:52 <Dexanote> Glare.
Dec 17 23:46:55 <Ragazzo> Her voice turns bitter.
Dec 17 23:47:10 <E4D> "We already *told* you the point of that, and then we took you on to help you out."
Dec 17 23:47:13 <PaulS_laptop> "I regret that."
Dec 17 23:47:21 <E4D> "*Put*. *Us.* *Back*. And we *might* be able to talk."
Dec 17 23:47:39 <PaulS_laptop> "More specifically, I regret not firing on you soon as you got on deck and pasting the lot of you."
Dec 17 23:47:40 <Artemis> Artemis regards the spirit. "Even Adyelami, zhe kindest person of all of us, does not trust your promises, spirit. Show us good faith now and we will consider."
Dec 17 23:47:58 <Nioki> "Myrtle, I am not suggesting they kill you. But without some form of physical evidence, we do not know if any of this, including the threats against you, are real."
Dec 17 23:48:26 <Ragazzo> "And now I am telling you the point of your actions. The situation is much the same. The world is at your mercy now, not a pair of fae. Make your decision, and I will complete my promise."
Dec 17 23:48:34 <Ragazzo> *of our actions
Dec 17 23:48:38 <Ragazzo> Looking at jason
Dec 17 23:48:49 <Ragazzo> "You wish to return?"
Dec 17 23:48:53 <Ragazzo> "So be it."
Dec 17 23:48:55 <E4D> "You ain't got a promise. You got lies, threats, and mistrust."
Dec 17 23:49:02 <Nioki> "And you worthless walking /corpse,/ do not pretend you can't see the reason. Look what you turned out to be. Most of this world wants to kill us."
Dec 17 23:49:35 <Nioki> "Lost your trust? You had no trust. Just intent."
Dec 17 23:50:07 <Ragazzo> "I have given you only truth, no lies, no deception, only the facts of what I wish, and the means through which I will see them done. It is your lack of reason that begun this." She waves a hand. *lurch* They're back.
Dec 17 23:50:27 <PaulS_laptop> "And now give us myrtle back. And then we may deal."
Dec 17 23:51:08 <Nioki> "No lies? No deception? Do you even understand what betrayal means?"
Dec 17 23:51:26 <PaulS_laptop> John looks over at Jason
Dec 17 23:52:06 <Ragazzo> "I have not betrayed you. I have been honest at every stage. I shared our weakness, our goals, our purpose for being here. And now I share everything."
Dec 17 23:52:18 * Dexanote is now known as ProfChainsawFace
Dec 17 23:52:23 <Ragazzo> "If you wish to be uninvolved, say so."
Dec 17 23:52:35 <Ragazzo> "I will release al lof you. But do not meddle in our affairs."
Dec 17 23:52:37 <E4D> "No deceit, huh? You just underhandedly marked one of ours, and then instead of talking shit out with us about the chest you pull this?"
Dec 17 23:52:51 <E4D> "Yeah, that's real honest."
Dec 17 23:53:08 <PaulS_laptop> "Release whoever you've got. Now."
Dec 17 23:53:18 <PaulS_laptop> John's voice is that dangerous sort of flat it gets when he's making demands
Dec 17 23:53:42 <Nioki> "We took you in, and you turned on us. Say what you will, but at least do us the favor of saying what you mean."
Dec 17 23:54:04 <Ragazzo> She turns to myrtle.
Dec 17 23:54:27 <Ragazzo> Reaches out, and touches them gem, briefly.
Dec 17 23:54:53 <Ragazzo> "Myrtle, dear. You are free to change out of those at your leisure. I release you."
Dec 17 23:55:04 <Nioki> Alanoch leans forward.
Dec 17 23:55:08 <Ragazzo> "I am sorry."
Dec 17 23:55:20 <Artemis> "Sank you for zis," Artemis says.
Dec 17 23:55:43 <Ragazzo> "It is our intent to see as many lives saved as possible."
Dec 17 23:56:04 <E4D> Jason laughs. No, he guffaws. Like, laughing his *balls* off.
Dec 17 23:56:14 <Artemis> "I would like zhat as well, but zhreatening ours is no way to ensure zis."
Dec 17 23:56:32 <E4D> He catches his breath after a few seconds, looking back at Callie. "After you threaten to end all of us."
Dec 17 23:56:53 * ProfChainsawFace is now known as Dexanote
Dec 17 23:57:58 <Nioki> "Maybe I'll help you. But understand that when this is done, you will die in more agony than words exist to express. The whole time I search for the pieces of your dishonesty, I will be thinking up new and more interesting ways to break you. The time it takes for us to find these items is the time you'll have to prove you don't deserve what I'm planning."
Dec 17 23:58:11 <Nioki> "And I can tell you now, you have a lot to prove."
Dec 17 23:58:51 <Ragazzo> Cailleach sighs.
Dec 17 23:59:03 <PaulS_laptop> Ragazzo, is calileach solid?
Dec 18 00:05:39 <Ragazzo> "You prove yourself to be the same as when we met you." No, she is not. Also, speaking directly to Alanoch and Jason. "You care only for your discomfit. If you had been in our position, would you have been a tenth as civil as I have been? No, you would have raged, and sought vengeance, neevr once entertaining the idea that we had reasons ourselves for our…
Dec 18 00:05:59 <Ragazzo> …actions. You see your own, and enemies. There is no gray. Not for you."
Dec 18 00:06:15 <Ragazzo> "Good day."
Dec 18 00:06:27 <PaulS_laptop> "There is no gray."
Dec 18 00:06:47 <Ragazzo> "We will endeavor to solve this matter without such as you."Cailleach vanishes.