Gaining a Voice

(12:38:05 AM) Sabitsuki: Novikov lurks in the sewers under the building where Alpha One is holed up in, standing near a grate that he'd earlier determined led up into the basement.
(12:43:27 AM) MisterFlames left the room (quit: Ping timeout).
(12:45:20 AM) Sabitsuki: *indirectly leads up into the basement
(12:46:51 AM) Sabitsuki: ** STORM DRAIN
(12:47:57 AM) MisterFlames [~ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.16251B5-CRInys|SD#ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.16251B5-CRInys|SD] entered the room.
(12:47:57 AM) mode (+o MisterFlames) by ChanServ
(12:50:58 AM) Dawny is now known as DawnyWalks
(12:52:12 AM) Sabitsuki: He watches and waits for the strike force to move.
(12:55:01 AM) E4D: They… don't. Protocol is to stand by. Supplies *are* running low…
(12:56:33 AM) E4D: After a short discussion, a pair of the men are send outside with a GPS system, heading southwest down Smith Road toward the intersection, heading the way the ICV went a day prior.
(12:59:37 AM) Sabitsuki: Novikov clicks his teeth, and if possible, heads in the same direction the men are going using the sewage system, listening to their footsteps.
(12:59:51 AM) Tox|Laptop: Vance, currently watching the FBCB2 system, spots the motion of the two pips. "Jason!" he turns and calls out. "I got movement on the tracker!"
(1:00:28 AM) E4D: Jason's in the second floor loung in the hospital, and does not, in fact, hear Vance.
(1:01:14 AM) Tox|Laptop: He curses softly, and fumbles for the radio handset. «Dodridge, Harding, come in!»
(1:01:42 AM) E4D: There's a pause. «This is Dodridge, send it.»
(1:01:46 AM) Maddy: «Which one, you d-dolt?»
(1:02:05 AM) Tox|Laptop: «Movement on the BFT. I track two unfriendlies coming southwest on Smith.»
(1:02:32 AM) E4D: «That's… away from us, southwest.»
(1:03:05 AM) Tox|Laptop: «I thought you'd want to know the second they showed movement.»
(1:04:01 AM) Sabitsuki: Novikov speeds up, trying to get ahead of the men's route.
(1:04:31 AM) E4D: «Copy. Marked.»
(1:06:06 AM) Tox|Laptop: «Harding out.» Vance hangs up the handset and returns to watching the tracker.
(1:09:01 AM) Sabitsuki: He stops at a point they'll pass on their current route, waiting just under a manhole. He stops breathing and stays as quiet as possible, listening and wait for the men's footsteps.
(1:11:42 AM) E4D: A couple minutes pass, and the dull thuds are visible overhead.
(1:12:26 AM) DawnyWalks is now known as Dawny
(1:12:29 AM) Sophos: Johnson is lying against a rock staring at the night sky. Damnit, he forgot to get a star ch—he sits up.
(1:13:23 AM) Sabitsuki: Novikov moves slowly, quietly pushing aside the manhole just enough for him to get through.
(1:15:17 AM) E4D: Roll sneak
(1:15:48 AM) Sabitsuki: 4df
(1:15:49 AM) Quidmore: Sabitsuki: -1 (4df=-, 0, +, -)
(1:16:15 AM) Dr_Kens left the room (quit: Quit: sleeeeeeeeeepy time.).
(1:17:13 AM) E4D: 4df+1
(1:17:14 AM) Quidmore: E4D: 3 (4df+1=-, +, +, +)
(1:18:07 AM) E4D: The man in the rear hears the manhole grating across the pavement, stopping and whirling in place. His rifle levels at the spot, and he freezes, breathing slowly. "MOVEMENT!"
(1:19:02 AM) Sabitsuki: Novikov drops back into the sewer, climbing up onto the wall so as to not splash in the sewage, and quickly craws ahead of the men again.
(1:20:51 AM) Sophos: Johnson rummages through the books in the shopping cart and gets out the desert wilderness survival book. He flips through the pages and finds a crude star chart! He heads up to the roof to star gaze.
(1:21:33 AM) Dawny: Jillian sits in the middles of the roof, silent.
(1:28:23 AM) Sabitsuki: 4df Novikov tries the manhole trick again once they get near.
(1:28:24 AM) Quidmore: Sabitsuki: Novikov tries the manhole trick again once they get near.: -3 (4df=0, -, -, -)
(1:31:46 AM) E4D: 4df+1
(1:31:46 AM) Quidmore: E4D: 2 (4df+1=+, 0, +, -)
(1:32:41 AM) E4D: The man turns again, this time, edging closer to the manhole, slowly. His comrade whirls at the loud clang as well, weapon sighted in.
(1:33:29 AM) E4D: The first removes a small, silver, soda-can shaped object, pulls a small ring from the top, and holds the spoon, his rifle chicken-winged and aimed at the manhole.
(1:35:41 AM) Sabitsuki: Novikov retreats at the sound of the pin being pulled, quickly retreating to the previous manhole.
(1:43:49 AM) Sabitsuki: 4df+7 Fate | He bounds out of the first manhole, charging the man not holding the VX grenade, and pounces at him, using one claw to reach up and smash the gas mask.
(1:43:49 AM) Quidmore: Sabitsuki: Fate | He bounds out of the first manhole, charging the man not holding the VX grenade, and pounces at him, using one claw to reach up and smash the gas mask.: 9 (4df+7=0, +, 0, +)
(1:44:48 AM) E4D: 4df+4
(1:44:49 AM) Quidmore: E4D: 5 (4df+4=+, -, +, 0)
(1:45:26 AM) E4D: He takes the hit, spinning away from the impact.
(1:46:06 AM) E4D: <JESUS CHRIST!> The other backs away, putting distance between himself and the Red as he fires.
(1:46:12 AM) E4D: 4df+4
(1:46:12 AM) Quidmore: E4D: 5 (4df+4=0, +, 0, 0)
(1:47:35 AM) Sabitsuki: 4df+4
(1:47:35 AM) Quidmore: Sabitsuki: 4 (4df+4=+, -, -, +)
(1:48:08 AM) E4D: The rounds rip into the red, tearing chunks of flesh away, as the man backpeddles further.
(1:48:13 AM) E4D: -1 health.
(1:50:33 AM) Sabitsuki: Novikov clicks his teeth, and then uses his claws to dig into the held man's brainstem and heart simultaneously.
(1:50:42 AM) Sabitsuki: 4df+7 Fate
(1:50:43 AM) Quidmore: Sabitsuki: Fate: 6 (4df+7=+, -, -, 0)
(1:53:01 AM) E4D: 4df+4 Oh fuck.
(1:53:01 AM) Quidmore: E4D: Oh fuck.: 8 (4df+4=+, +, +, +)
(1:53:53 AM) E4D: The man twists away, grabbing for his sidearm, pressing the barrel to the Red's face and opening fire.
(1:54:00 AM) E4D: 4df+7 Fate
(1:54:01 AM) Quidmore: E4D: Fate: 9 (4df+7=0, 0, +, +)
(1:54:11 AM) Sabitsuki: 4df+4
(1:54:12 AM) Quidmore: Sabitsuki: 7 (4df+4=0, +, +, +)
(1:54:19 AM) Sabitsuki: Expend remaining Fate, ignore damage.
(1:54:26 AM) Sophos: "What are you doing up here in the dark?" Johnson walks over to Jillian
(1:54:58 AM) E4D: A dozen .45ACP rounds slam into its face, blowing large pieces of skull and tissue out the back of his head.
(1:57:27 AM) Sabitsuki: The red clicks his teeth again, reaching out for the dude's leg and bringing the fullforce of the Alpha's strength down on the bone.
(1:57:32 AM) Sabitsuki: 4df+4
(1:57:33 AM) Quidmore: Sabitsuki: 4 (4df+4=+, -, 0, 0)
(1:59:41 AM) E4D: 4df+4
(1:59:41 AM) Quidmore: E4D: 1 (4df+4=-, -, -, 0)
(2:00:13 AM) E4D: The man's leg cracks in the Red's teeth, and he lets out a piercing howl of pain as the blood begins to flow.
(2:00:27 AM) Sabitsuki: Novikov exhales.
(2:00:38 AM) E4D: The Agent's compatriot charges forward, firing.
(2:00:45 AM) E4D: 4df+4
(2:00:46 AM) Quidmore: E4D: 5 (4df+4=0, +, 0, 0)
(2:00:50 AM) Sabitsuki: 4df+4
(2:00:51 AM) Quidmore: Sabitsuki: 8 (4df+4=+, +, +, +)
(2:01:06 AM) Light-Clone left the room (quit: Client exited).
(2:01:40 AM) E4D: The rounds slam into the target, but have little effect on the monstrous creature, nothing large inside torn loose.
(2:03:00 AM) Sabitsuki: Novikov turns and pounces on the other man, attempting to rip off the arm holding the VX grenade. He applies pressure on the hand to keep it from going off.
(2:03:04 AM) Sabitsuki: 4df+4
(2:03:04 AM) Quidmore: Sabitsuki: 6 (4df+4=+, +, +, -)
(2:04:08 AM) E4D: 4df+4
(2:04:08 AM) Quidmore: E4D: 6 (4df+4=0, +, +, 0)
(2:05:10 AM) E4D: Novikov's grip is, apparently, weakened by the throttling he's received already, and the man slithers out of his grasp, scuttling backwards. He drops the grenade as he scampers away from the hulking beast.
(2:06:05 AM) Sabitsuki: Novikov turns and runs away from the two men, on all fours.
(2:06:50 AM) E4D: 4df+4 A number of shots ring out
(2:06:50 AM) Quidmore: E4D: A number of shots ring out: 2 (4df+4=-, 0, -, 0)
(2:06:51 AM) Tox|Laptop: «Jason, Vance. BFT shows the two unfriendlies retreating, fast. You think they ran into Novikov?»
(2:07:03 AM) Sabitsuki: 4df+4 I swear to christ Quidmore
(2:07:03 AM) Quidmore: Sabitsuki: I swear to christ Quidmore: 4 (4df+4=-, +, 0, 0)
(2:07:25 AM) Tox|Laptop: «Correction….one retreating. The other's sitting there.»
(2:08:00 AM) Tom90deg: Simon walks out to the Stryker. "Hey guys."
(2:09:29 AM) E4D: Some hit, some miss, but the big Red makes it away.
(2:10:06 AM) Sabitsuki: Novikov quickly ducks into an alley, and scales a building with a view of the men.
(2:20:06 AM) E4D: He can see the uninjured one, the *lucky* one dragging his buddy off to lean against the wall of a nearby building, he shoves a rifle into the man's hands, and sets to work on his leg, periodically stopping to fiddle with his radio's handset.
(2:21:19 AM) Tox|Laptop: Does the LAV's radio have enough gain to overhear the signal?
(2:22:38 AM) E4D: It would if it were tuned to the encrypted frequency and equipped with a powerful-enough computer to break a practically unbreakable encryption protocol.
(2:22:49 AM) E4D: Hint: It's not.
(2:22:52 AM) Sabitsuki: Novikov clicks his teeth, and quickly manuevers down off his current vantage point, running over to the building the men are nearby, and climbs to the top of it.
(2:24:28 AM) Sabitsuki: He positions himself at the top of the building…looks down to make sure he's directly above the wounded man…and jumps down, intending to land on him.
(2:25:38 AM) Dawny: Jillian looks to Johnson "Just…looking"
(2:25:59 AM) Sabitsuki: *the unwounded man
(2:28:12 AM) E4D: Roll attack!
(2:28:19 AM) Sabitsuki: 4df+4
(2:28:20 AM) Quidmore: Sabitsuki: 5 (4df+4=+, +, 0, -)
(2:28:33 AM) E4D: 4df+4
(2:28:33 AM) Quidmore: E4D: 4 (4df+4=0, +, -, 0)
(2:29:13 AM) E4D: The Red lands on him, knocking him flat. His buddy raises his weapon.
(2:29:19 AM) E4D: 4df+3
(2:29:20 AM) Quidmore: E4D: 3 (4df+3=0, -, +, 0)
(2:29:25 AM) Sabitsuki: 4df+4 Defense
(2:29:25 AM) Quidmore: Sabitsuki: Defense: 4 (4df+4=-, +, +, -)
(2:31:04 AM) MisterFlames left the room (quit: Connection reset by peer).
(2:31:16 AM) MisterFlames [~ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.16251B5-CRInys|SD#ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.16251B5-CRInys|SD] entered the room.
(2:31:16 AM) mode (+o MisterFlames) by ChanServ
(2:31:34 AM) E4D: The man, fatigued by injury misses by a mile, the rifle shaking in his hands.
(2:33:04 AM) Sabitsuki: 4df+4 Novikov reaches down into the the man he landed on, intending to kill him.
(2:33:06 AM) Quidmore: Sabitsuki: Novikov reaches down into the the man he landed on, intending to kill him.: 7 (4df+4=+, +, 0, +)
(2:35:04 AM) Sabitsuki: [[as opposed to, say, give him a friendly pat on the head.]]
(2:36:09 AM) Tox|Laptop: [[:D]]
(2:36:42 AM) E4D: 4df+7 The man fights back for all he's worth, spending a Fate point.
(2:36:43 AM) Quidmore: E4D: The man fights back for all he's worth, spending a Fate point.: 9 (4df+7=-, +, +, +)
(2:37:39 AM) E4D: He wriggles free again, luck smiling down upon this man so much that it's amazing he doesn't trip on the inexplicable bunder of 4-leaf clovers resting close behind him.
(2:38:17 AM) E4D: 4df+4 ws his sidearm, his rifle falling away, and opens fire
(2:38:18 AM) Quidmore: E4D: ws his sidearm, his rifle falling away, and opens fire: 3 (4df+4=+, -, -, 0)
(2:38:33 AM) Sabitsuki: 4df+4
(2:38:33 AM) Quidmore: Sabitsuki: 0 (4df+4=-, -, -, -)
(2:40:24 AM) E4D: A single big round hits bone, blowing a hole out the back of the Red's skull.
(2:47:33 AM) Tom90deg left the room (quit: Quit: ~ Trillian Astra - www.trillian.im ~).
(3:02:11 AM) Sabitsuki: The red clicks whats left of his teeth in irritation, and then turns and sprints away from the group - but not before he reaches a huge hand out to remove the wounded man's throat on the way.