Haunter of the Dark

Nov 08 19:45:12 <Echo> Scott walks hunched-over to the front of the LAV, poking his head into the driver's compartment. "So what's the word?"
Nov 08 19:45:26 <Pemander> "The word of the day is: festivous."
Nov 08 19:45:30 * PaulS_laptop (natsigryk.ni.evac|46c#natsigryk.ni.evac|46c) has joined #afteractionmission
Nov 08 19:45:38 <Gara> "Are we doing that again?"
Nov 08 19:45:39 <Pemander> Arianna whispers to Myrtle. "Not actually a word."
Nov 08 19:45:51 <Maddy> "Heading into town, cause the church is freaky looking."
Nov 08 19:46:27 <Echo> "Who checked it out? Ari sniffing around, or what?"
Nov 08 19:47:40 <Maddy> Elle drives into the town, it's pretty deserted as many towns are these days. There is only one difference, every window of every building is broken, and there are candles just strewn all over the place. Some melted down to almost nothing, some just dropped.
Nov 08 19:47:50 <Maddy> "I was looking at it with binoculars."
Nov 08 19:48:04 <Gara> "Well, this looks a tad bit weird."
Nov 08 19:48:23 <MonkeyBomb> <Just a little.>
Nov 08 19:48:42 <Pemander> "Cults! Madmen."
Nov 08 19:48:48 <Maddy> "Probably."
Nov 08 19:48:48 <dexanote> "Taking bets. Devil?"
Nov 08 19:48:50 <Pemander> "Jehovah's witnesses."
Nov 08 19:48:57 <PaulS_laptop> "Nah. Mormons."
Nov 08 19:48:57 <Gara> "Which is worse?"
Nov 08 19:49:21 <Echo> "What was weird about it?"
Nov 08 19:49:58 <Maddy> It takes them a while to actually get to the church, there doesnt seem to be a direct route to the damn thing.
Nov 08 19:50:04 <Pemander> "They just kept looking at it and saying it was weird. I never had the binoculars."
Nov 08 19:50:21 <Maddy> "I fell almost compelled to keep looking at it."
Nov 08 19:50:23 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle checks his shit over, ithaving been a while since he's used it
Nov 08 19:50:49 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte turns to Scott. <I looked at it too, and yeah. Something was just 'off' about it… I can't explain it.>
Nov 08 19:51:27 <Gara> "I never looked at it."
Nov 08 19:51:59 <Echo> "So we're-" He looks over at the girl. "Huh. So we're just going to run up inside of it? Why don't we just… keep going. I mean, we've got places to be, right?"
Nov 08 19:52:06 <Maddy> When they get to the building, it's plain to see when the lights of the LAV shine on it, that it's completely black. Every inch of brick looks like it's covered in soot, the doors are charred, and the windows look like they're painted black from the inside.
Nov 08 19:52:11 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte shrugs.
Nov 08 19:52:42 <MonkeyBomb> <Ominous…>
Nov 08 19:52:45 <Pemander> "Dunno. Sometimes we just /do/ things."
Nov 08 19:52:48 <Echo> Scott back up away from Elle, climbs up through the gun turret, pops the hatch, and sticks his head out.
Nov 08 19:52:50 <Pemander> "We're like dogs chasing cars."
Nov 08 19:53:20 <Echo> "Okay, that's just about fucked up." He leans back inside the turret, yelling down. "Elle! This whole thing looks like someone took a match to it!"
Nov 08 19:53:40 <Maddy> The main tower and steeple have no windows at all.
Nov 08 19:54:19 <Echo> He turns on the topside minigun's spotlight and swings it around toward the church, panning it across the windows and outer surface of the building.
Nov 08 19:54:25 <Echo> Anything odd jump out?
Nov 08 19:55:17 <Maddy> The paint on the windows seem to have odd, curvelinear designes in the strokes that let a little light trhough.
Nov 08 19:55:38 <MonkeyBomb> <Somehow I don't think we're going to find that priest for Ari….> Charlotte peers out of the LAV's window (porthole/hatch/whatever it's called).
Nov 08 19:55:52 <Echo> "Looks like the windows are painted up like that!"
Nov 08 19:56:17 <Maddy> Anyone looking at the building, perception
Nov 08 19:56:44 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3 Eyeballs
Nov 08 19:56:44 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: Eyeballs: 4 (4df+3=0, 0, +, 0)
Nov 08 19:57:06 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle can't see out of the LAV, unless they've gotten out yet
Nov 08 19:57:27 <Pemander> 4df+4 SEE
Nov 08 19:57:28 <CROM> Pemander: SEE: 4 (4df+4=+, -, -, +)
Nov 08 19:57:51 <Pemander> "Think it's filled with zambies?"
Nov 08 19:58:05 <Echo> 4df+2 ??? Scott's panning the spotlight around, washing the thing out.
Nov 08 19:58:05 <CROM> Echo: ??? Scott's panning the spotlight around, washing the thing out.: 1 (4df+2=0, -, 0, 0)
Nov 08 19:58:27 <dexanote> 4df+3 MYR
Nov 08 19:58:27 <CROM> dexanote: MYR: 7 (4df+3=+, +, +, +)
Nov 08 19:58:41 <Maddy> WOW
Nov 08 19:58:59 <Pemander> ooookay
Nov 08 19:59:04 <Pemander> "What do your special eyes see, Myrtle?"
Nov 08 19:59:27 <dexanote> "Uuuuh."
Nov 08 19:59:38 <Maddy> Ok, Charlotte, Myrtle and Ari, mdef
Nov 08 19:59:51 <Pemander> 4df+2 oh awesome ari's mdef is LEGIT
Nov 08 19:59:51 <CROM> Pemander: oh awesome ari's mdef is LEGIT: 3 (4df+2=+, 0, +, -)
Nov 08 20:00:02 <Gara> 4df+3 Eeyes.
Nov 08 20:00:03 <CROM> Gara: Eeyes.: 5 (4df+3=+, +, +, -)
Nov 08 20:00:09 <Maddy> medfe for Em too
Nov 08 20:00:15 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3 Mind Games
Nov 08 20:00:15 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: Mind Games: 4 (4df+3=+, 0, -, +)
Nov 08 20:00:24 <Gara> 4df+2 Well, oh no!
Nov 08 20:00:24 <CROM> Gara: Well, oh no!: 5 (4df+2=+, +, +, 0)
Nov 08 20:01:45 <Maddy> Dexabro
Nov 08 20:02:37 <dexanote> 4df+4 Myr, sorry, the wiki won't load
Nov 08 20:02:37 <CROM> dexanote: Myr, sorry, the wiki won't load: 2 (4df+4=+, -, -, -)
Nov 08 20:03:02 <Maddy> Myrtle feels her gaze drawn to the windowless steeple.
Nov 08 20:05:45 <Echo> Scott's still sweeping the searchlight around. "Any of y'all see anything? Movement? Or are we clear?"
Nov 08 20:05:55 <Maddy> "No movement here."
Nov 08 20:06:02 <MonkeyBomb> So, like… Are they all outside the LAV?
Nov 08 20:06:03 <Pemander> "I see…nothing."
Nov 08 20:06:10 <Pemander> Ari hops out the back.
Nov 08 20:07:06 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte follows after Ari and looks around before bringing her gaze back to the church building.
Nov 08 20:07:11 <Echo> After turning off the spotlight, Scott drops down into the belly of the LAV, retrieves his rifle, climbs back up, and hops off the side… landing beside the open ramp and feeling a little silly that he didn't just walk out.
Nov 08 20:07:22 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle exits the LAV last
Nov 08 20:07:36 <Pemander> "Wicked exit, nerd." She sniffs in Scott's direction.
Nov 08 20:07:54 <Echo> "Pffft, whatever."
Nov 08 20:08:10 <Echo> "I do that shit up *right*."
Nov 08 20:08:19 <PaulS_laptop> "Riiight"
Nov 08 20:08:38 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+4 survival. Bill looks for signs of /people/
Nov 08 20:08:39 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: survival. Bill looks for signs of /people/: 5 (4df+4=-, +, +, 0)
Nov 08 20:08:56 <Echo> Scott slings the rifle and pulls a taser off his belt as he slowly approaches the charred front entryway.
Nov 08 20:09:32 <Maddy> Other than the candles strewn around, there's nothing.
Nov 08 20:09:38 <Gara> Emma exits the LAV of Love, and follows Scott.
Nov 08 20:10:01 <PaulS_laptop> "There's fuckall out here. Clear."
Nov 08 20:10:03 <Pemander> Ari kicks a small pebble along the ground as she follows Scott.
Nov 08 20:10:13 <Pemander> "You don't need to act like we're actually trained, Kyle."
Nov 08 20:10:19 <Echo> "So how do y'all wanna do this?"
Nov 08 20:10:38 <Pemander> "I'll show you. ONETWOTHREEGO."
Nov 08 20:10:46 <Pemander> She rushes into the front entrance with her arms up in the air.
Nov 08 20:10:56 <Gara> "Well, if we have /any idea/ what were walking int." Emma stops and stares.
Nov 08 20:10:58 <PaulS_laptop> "when I /didn't/…I died, Ari. And rose again to haunt you."
Nov 08 20:11:01 <Maddy> The grass is all dead and charred.
Nov 08 20:11:13 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle slowly approaches
Nov 08 20:11:28 <Gara> "-o, we could set up for it."
Nov 08 20:11:44 <dexanote> Myr drifts behind Arianna.
Nov 08 20:12:19 <MonkeyBomb> Ari's gonna kill us all, Charlotte thinks.
Nov 08 20:13:01 <Echo> Scott brings his taser up, aimed past Arianna. "If you wanna pop the door, I'll go."
Nov 08 20:13:24 <Echo> He thinks better of things for a moment, holsters the taser, and get his rifle back up.
Nov 08 20:13:36 <Gara> "Ari, get the door?"
Nov 08 20:13:46 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte stands there, feeling somewhat useless but ready nonetheless.
Nov 08 20:13:47 <Pemander> "Sure thing."
Nov 08 20:13:50 <Gara> "Or someone else. I don't descriminate."
Nov 08 20:13:57 <PaulS_laptop> Bill takes up beside the door
Nov 08 20:14:16 <Pemander> She grabs the knob/handle/whatever of the door and slooowly eases it open.
Nov 08 20:14:44 <Maddy> She gets soot all over her hand and the door creeeeeeeeeeks open.
Nov 08 20:15:04 <dexanote> "I'm betting there's something in the tower."
Nov 08 20:15:07 <PaulS_laptop> *kyle
Nov 08 20:15:12 <Gara> "Yeah?"
Nov 08 20:15:42 <Echo> 4df+2 Perception to Ranged to blast anything that pops up. Scott peeks through the door for a moment, then pushes through past Ari.
Nov 08 20:15:42 <CROM> Echo: Perception to Ranged to blast anything that pops up. Scott peeks through the door for a moment, then pushes through past Ari.: 2 (4df+2=+, -, +, -)
Nov 08 20:16:07 <Maddy> Too dusty and dark for that, dern.
Nov 08 20:16:23 <Gara> 4df+3 Perception to range to blast anything that pops up. Emma follows Scott.
Nov 08 20:16:24 <CROM> Gara: Perception to range to blast anything that pops up. Emma follows Scott.: 4 (4df+3=0, 0, +, 0)
Nov 08 20:17:28 <Pemander> Arianna sighs and sets her hands on her hips. "Jesus, so high strung."
Nov 08 20:17:38 <Maddy> Emma gets the manouver, the place is musty as hell.
Nov 08 20:17:51 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte sticks close to everybody else.
Nov 08 20:18:30 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+4 survival -> ranged. Kyle is paying attention to his surroundings as he goes in. Scents, sounds, sights!
Nov 08 20:18:30 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: survival -> ranged. Kyle is paying attention to his surroundings as he goes in. Scents, sounds, sights!: 3 (4df+4=0, +, -, -)
Nov 08 20:18:30 <Maddy> Nothing chared, but dusty. There's an Ankh where there would usually be a cross would be.
Nov 08 20:18:55 <Maddy> Not much else can be seen from the door, it's too dark.
Nov 08 20:19:22 <Echo> "What's that thing?"
Nov 08 20:19:29 <Echo> Scott points at the Ankh.
Nov 08 20:19:35 <dexanote> "Looks like an Egyptian cross."
Nov 08 20:19:41 <Echo> "A what?"
Nov 08 20:20:38 <Gara> "Wish I had some NVGs…"
Nov 08 20:21:06 <Pemander> Ari wanders in, heading toward the front row of pews.
Nov 08 20:21:10 <Pemander> "This place looks metal as fuck."
Nov 08 20:21:42 <Echo> "We got a few sets in the LAV if you wanna run back out."
Nov 08 20:22:01 <Maddy> There's more of the curvelinear symbols all over the pews.
Nov 08 20:22:23 <dexanote> Myr approaches the ankh, then looks around the church. "… Doesn't look really… christian. Does it?"
Nov 08 20:22:32 <Gara> "Uuuuuhhhhh, I might, yeah. Don't get fucked up while I go. Charlotte, come with? Who else wants them?"
Nov 08 20:23:00 <Echo> "Yeah, we're chilling right here. I ain't going nowhere."
Nov 08 20:23:10 <Echo> "And yeah, toss me a set."
Nov 08 20:23:52 <Echo> Scott pulls the big maglite off his belt and shines it around. Anything? Human remains? More candles? What's the ground floor look like?
Nov 08 20:23:55 <MonkeyBomb> <'Kay.> Charlotte walks over to Emma.
Nov 08 20:23:58 <PaulS_laptop> "I'll take a set if we gotta spare"
Nov 08 20:24:06 <Pemander> Arianna dances up toward the ankh and inspects it closely.
Nov 08 20:24:45 <Gara> Emma walks out and gets three (3) NVGs. She returns, barring any incident?
Nov 08 20:25:41 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte helps Emma grab the NVGs.
Nov 08 20:25:47 <Maddy> Near the ankh is a door to an office, and a doorway to a staircase, proably up the steeple
Nov 08 20:26:03 <Maddy> There's a rotting book on the podium.
Nov 08 20:27:13 <Echo> "Door. We got stairs past it. Right over here." Scott keeps the light on them. "There's an office over there." He points with his other hand, briefly flashing the light on it.
Nov 08 20:27:33 <Pemander> Ari picks up the book. "Necronomicon?"
Nov 08 20:27:36 <Gara> Emma distributes NVGs! "Alright, lets check it out."
Nov 08 20:27:38 <Pemander> She opens it and flips to a random page.
Nov 08 20:27:44 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle dons his
Nov 08 20:27:53 <Maddy> It's not in a language she knows. Occult roll though?
Nov 08 20:28:12 <Echo> Scott pulls his on, and ends up fiddling with the mount for a minute or two trying to get it fitted right.
Nov 08 20:28:34 <dexanote> Myr slips her glasses on and peers over Arianna's shoulder at the book.
Nov 08 20:28:43 <dexanote> Or around her shoulder, i'm pretty sure Myrs shorter than Ari.
Nov 08 20:29:08 <dexanote> 1d10+4 1AP Tagging Employee Benefits.
Nov 08 20:29:08 <CROM> dexanote: 1AP Tagging Employee Benefits.: 9 (1d10+4=5)
Nov 08 20:29:15 <dexanote> 4df+4 sorry,
Nov 08 20:29:15 <CROM> dexanote: sorry,: 7 (4df+4=+, 0, +, +)
Nov 08 20:29:20 <dexanote> Occult roll.
Nov 08 20:29:25 <Pemander> 4df hee hee occult
Nov 08 20:29:26 <CROM> Pemander: hee hee occult: 2 (4df=+, -, +, +)
Nov 08 20:29:33 <Pemander> nah nevermind im not rolling
Nov 08 20:29:38 <Pemander> ari has zero occult knowledge
Nov 08 20:30:17 <Maddy> Myrtle cant read the language, but she recognizes some of the photos as Nyarlethotep, The Crawling Chaos.
Nov 08 20:30:36 <dexanote> "Oh hey shit that's not good."
Nov 08 20:30:45 <dexanote> Casually stepping back from Arianna.
Nov 08 20:30:50 <Maddy> And a few of his various "masks"
Nov 08 20:30:52 <Gara> "Never is! What's up?"
Nov 08 20:30:59 <PaulS_laptop> "Huh?"
Nov 08 20:31:07 <MonkeyBomb> "……?"
Nov 08 20:32:03 <Pemander> "What? Should I burn it?"
Nov 08 20:32:11 <MonkeyBomb> <Proooooobably not.>
Nov 08 20:32:12 <Pemander> Arianna takes out her lighter. "You know I like burning things."
Nov 08 20:32:14 <Echo> "What? What's up?" Scott stares over at them through hazy green after finally getting his NVGs set up.
Nov 08 20:33:12 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte decides to stick close to Ari in order to make sure she doesn't do anything reeeeeeeaaally stupid.
Nov 08 20:33:27 <dexanote> "You should probably close it, yes." She takes a breath, swallowing. "Book shows pictures of Bad Things. Like, beyond this earth bad. Lovecraft's writings type."
Nov 08 20:33:46 <Echo> "So… we get the fuck out, right?"
Nov 08 20:33:48 <Pemander> She snaps the book shut and sets it back down. "That was all fiction, dummy."
Nov 08 20:34:01 <Gara> Emma stays far away from Ari, in order that she doesn't die if she does anything reeeeeeeeaally stupid.
Nov 08 20:34:04 <Echo> "We've run into military outposts before. We see another one, we just call it in."
Nov 08 20:34:17 <Gara> "Eh. A lot of shit /should/ be fiction, but isn't."
Nov 08 20:34:19 <Echo> "Right?"
Nov 08 20:34:20 <PaulS_laptop> "I'm with Scott on this one"
Nov 08 20:34:48 <dexanote> "Some of the stuff he had nightmares about were real, Ari. I saw a print of one of those drawings in an occultists's workshop once. Like, a straight up, company employed Waywalker."
Nov 08 20:35:09 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte doesn't like the sound of that.
Nov 08 20:35:46 <Echo> "A what? Waywalker? What the hell's that?"
Nov 08 20:35:53 <Pemander> "Eh, whatever." Ari turns and starts heading up the steps to the steeple. "I want to explore a bit more."
Nov 08 20:36:01 <Pemander> "We came by. We might as well."
Nov 08 20:36:11 <Gara> "I like living."
Nov 08 20:36:21 <MonkeyBomb> <I do too.>
Nov 08 20:38:36 <Maddy> The steps go up.
Nov 08 20:38:49 <dexanote> She looks to Scott. "… Before the end of the world, there were things called Ways. Kind of… kind of like portals, only not. Like walking through the world to another place."
Nov 08 20:39:03 <dexanote> "People who could use these reliably sometimes were called Waywalkers."
Nov 08 20:39:12 <Echo> "Reliably sometimes."
Nov 08 20:39:25 <Echo> "Or sometimes were called?"
Nov 08 20:40:24 <Pemander> "Haha sentence ambiguity."
Nov 08 20:40:30 <Gara> "I got it as using the ways reliably."
Nov 08 20:40:33 <dexanote> "Like, them being able to use the Ways without like ending up on Jupiter."
Nov 08 20:40:34 <Gara> "Were sometimes called."
Nov 08 20:40:55 <Pemander> Ari cups her hands around her mouth and calls out, "Hellooooo~? Anyone here?"
Nov 08 20:41:01 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte cringes.
Nov 08 20:41:02 <dexanote> She points at Emma. "Sorry I'm a bit scattered because we're-"
Nov 08 20:41:09 <MonkeyBomb> <Jesus, Ari…>
Nov 08 20:41:11 <Gara> Emma looks at Ari.
Nov 08 20:41:19 <Gara> "If you get us killed, I'm haunting your ghost."
Nov 08 20:41:25 <Echo> Scott stops delaying. "So, we heading up? Orr driving- … shit." He moves up to where Ari's at, bringing his weapon back up, ready to cover her.
Nov 08 20:41:36 <Maddy> It barely echos.
Nov 08 20:41:44 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle accompanies
Nov 08 20:41:47 <Gara> Emma raises her weapon. Do I need to make a new Perc —> Ranged?
Nov 08 20:42:05 <Maddy> Ill say no
Nov 08 20:43:26 <Pemander> "Nothing's happening."
Nov 08 20:43:51 <PaulS_laptop> "Don't say that"
Nov 08 20:43:51 <Pemander> She gets to the very top of the steps. "Guys, nothing's happening."
Nov 08 20:44:04 <Pemander> "Why all this buildup for no punch?"
Nov 08 20:44:04 <MonkeyBomb> <You sound like you want something horrible to appear.>
Nov 08 20:44:35 <Maddy> There's an ornate purplish metal box on a pedestal in the room at the top, and a ladder that goes to the top most space above them.
Nov 08 20:44:43 <Maddy> The box is open.
Nov 08 20:44:48 <dexanote> oh fucking hell maddy
Nov 08 20:45:55 <PaulS_laptop> "Something either let something out, or took something."
Nov 08 20:46:28 <Gara> "Is that pandora's box or something?"
Nov 08 20:46:48 <Echo> Scott stays in the stairwell, peering over the side of the bannister, rifle aimed down at the landing below them.
Nov 08 20:46:48 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte had the same thought, but wasn't going to say anything.
Nov 08 20:47:02 <Pemander> "This is dumb."
Nov 08 20:47:02 <Maddy> Set into the bottom of the box is a cut gemstone.
Nov 08 20:47:14 <Pemander> Ari jogs over and peers into the box.
Nov 08 20:47:14 <Maddy> It's angles dont seem to make a whole lotta sence.
Nov 08 20:47:29 <dexanote> Myr slips up the stairwell, careful to stay out of everyone's way.
Nov 08 20:47:40 <MonkeyBomb> <I swear, Ari…>
Nov 08 20:47:47 * Tom90deg has quit (Connection reset by peer)
Nov 08 20:47:48 <dexanote> "What is it, a skull or something? Still-beating heart? Human hand?"
Nov 08 20:47:53 <Maddy> Ari mdef
Nov 08 20:48:38 <Pemander> 4df+2 Weeee
Nov 08 20:48:39 <CROM> Pemander: Weeee: 2 (4df+2=+, -, -, +)
Nov 08 20:48:45 <Pemander> "Some kind of gem thingy."
Nov 08 20:48:52 <Maddy> She cant take her gaze from the gem.
Nov 08 20:49:03 <Maddy> incomming OM
Nov 08 20:49:04 <Maddy> PM
Nov 08 20:49:16 <Pemander> She stares at it.
Nov 08 20:49:42 <Gara> Emma /might/ be /sorta/ pointing her gun /nearish/ to Ari.
Nov 08 20:49:53 <Pemander> "…wow…."
Nov 08 20:50:32 <Maddy> mdef again
Nov 08 20:50:48 <dexanote> "… Arianna."
Nov 08 20:50:51 <Pemander> 4df+2 geez
Nov 08 20:50:51 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte waits for everything to go to hell, more or less.
Nov 08 20:50:52 <CROM> Pemander: geez: 0 (4df+2=0, -, 0, -)
Nov 08 20:51:04 <Maddy> Her eyes are still drawn to it.
Nov 08 20:51:10 <Echo> Scott looks back. "What? Something going on?"
Nov 08 20:51:24 <Gara> "Myr, any idea what she's starin at?"
Nov 08 20:51:33 <Pemander> "He looks just like me."
Nov 08 20:51:47 <PaulS_laptop> "Wha?"
Nov 08 20:51:53 <Maddy> One more.
Nov 08 20:51:59 <dexanote> "…" Myr stares, slipping quick to draw beside Arianna.
Nov 08 20:51:59 <Pemander> Ari tilts her head. "What're you doing in there?"
Nov 08 20:52:05 <Pemander> 4df+2 Dropping an AP for this one.
Nov 08 20:52:06 <CROM> Pemander: Dropping an AP for this one.: 4 (4df+2=+, -, +, +)
Nov 08 20:52:08 <dexanote> "Arianna, uh.""
Nov 08 20:52:11 <Pemander> That's a five.
Nov 08 20:52:27 <Maddy> You tear your eyes away this time. Time returns to tnormals.
Nov 08 20:52:35 <Maddy> Everyone perception.
Nov 08 20:52:53 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3 LOW ROLLSSS
Nov 08 20:52:54 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: LOW ROLLSSS: 2 (4df+3=-, 0, +, -)
Nov 08 20:53:02 <MonkeyBomb> Fun.
Nov 08 20:53:08 <PaulS_laptop> GM, can I ssubstitute survival without AP burn?
Nov 08 20:53:16 <Gara> 4df+4 Bloop. Eyes. On.
Nov 08 20:53:16 <CROM> Gara: Bloop. Eyes. On.: 6 (4df+4=0, +, +, 0)
Nov 08 20:53:36 <Echo> 4df+3 NVGs! Scott's got his eyes on.
Nov 08 20:53:36 <CROM> Echo: NVGs! Scott's got his eyes on.: 6 (4df+3=+, +, 0, +)
Nov 08 20:53:44 <Pemander> 4df+4
Nov 08 20:53:44 <CROM> Pemander: 4 (4df+4=+, 0, -, 0)
Nov 08 20:53:58 <Maddy> does he hav urban or unspeced?
Nov 08 20:53:59 <Pemander> Ari laughs and looks at everyone else. "I saw things in there!"
Nov 08 20:54:04 <dexanote> 4df+3 Myr looks over her sunglasses.
Nov 08 20:54:04 <CROM> dexanote: Myr looks over her sunglasses.: 4 (4df+3=-, 0, +, +)
Nov 08 20:54:12 <dexanote> "Of course you did Arianna it's an evil diamond."
Nov 08 20:54:18 <dexanote> "It's probably a prison."
Nov 08 20:54:23 <Gara> "Evil diamond?'
Nov 08 20:54:27 <Pemander> "/You're/ a prison."
Nov 08 20:54:29 <Pemander> She pouts.
Nov 08 20:54:45 <PaulS_laptop> GM: unspeccced
Nov 08 20:54:45 <Maddy> Ari can feel the gem trying to pull her gaze again, but she can rezist it easily.
Nov 08 20:54:49 <Maddy> PaulS_laptop, go for it
Nov 08 20:54:50 <Gara> "For my heart."
Nov 08 20:55:01 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+4 survival because fuck yeah
Nov 08 20:55:01 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: survival because fuck yeah: 4 (4df+4=0, +, 0, -)
Nov 08 20:55:06 <Pemander> "I want to keep looking but I think it's probably evil after all."
Nov 08 20:55:25 <Pemander> "There was a big black guy that was getting others to bring that to him."
Nov 08 20:55:31 <Maddy> Everyone but Charlotte hears soft shuffling above them.
Nov 08 20:55:37 <Pemander> "Maybe if /we/ bring him the gem, he'll reward us."
Nov 08 20:55:43 <Gara> "Ari down the stairs now."
Nov 08 20:55:47 <MonkeyBomb> <If you touch it I'll kill you.>
Nov 08 20:55:52 <Maddy> Em and Scott see some dust falling from the rafters.
Nov 08 20:55:57 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte might actually mean it too.
Nov 08 20:56:02 <Pemander> Ari sighs and saunters back toward the stairs. "Fine, fine."
Nov 08 20:56:07 <Pemander> "No fun at all."
Nov 08 20:56:11 <MonkeyBomb> She's blissfully unaware of the rustling.
Nov 08 20:56:19 <Echo> "There's something moving around up top."
Nov 08 20:56:25 <PaulS_laptop> "Yup"
Nov 08 20:56:28 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte looks up.
Nov 08 20:56:32 <dexanote> "…" Myr looks up.
Nov 08 20:56:33 <Echo> "I, uh… I think we should probably head back down and leave."
Nov 08 20:56:33 <Gara> "What to do…"
Nov 08 20:56:38 <PaulS_laptop> "Seconding"
Nov 08 20:56:41 <Echo> Scott starts down the stairs.
Nov 08 20:56:43 <Gara> "Yeah, that sounds like a really good idea."
Nov 08 20:56:44 <Maddy> One last mdef everyone still in the room.
Nov 08 20:56:55 <dexanote> 4df+4 Myrtle.
Nov 08 20:56:55 <CROM> dexanote: Myrtle.: 7 (4df+4=+, +, 0, +)
Nov 08 20:57:00 <Gara> 4df+3 I am stronk like mind.
Nov 08 20:57:01 <CROM> Gara: I am stronk like mind.: 5 (4df+3=+, +, +, -)
Nov 08 20:57:11 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3 …I don't really want a low roll this time.
Nov 08 20:57:11 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: …I don't really want a low roll this time.: 4 (4df+3=0, +, +, -)
Nov 08 20:57:16 <Echo> 4df+3 Shit. Scott looks back one last time at the others.
Nov 08 20:57:17 <CROM> Echo: Shit. Scott looks back one last time at the others.: 3 (4df+3=0, 0, +, -)
Nov 08 20:57:36 <Pemander> 4df+2 WEE
Nov 08 20:57:37 <CROM> Pemander: WEE: 2 (4df+2=0, 0, 0, 0)
Nov 08 20:57:38 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+5 burning an AP
Nov 08 20:57:39 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: burning an AP: 4 (4df+5=-, -, +, 0)
Nov 08 20:57:51 <Maddy> ARI LOOKS AT THE GEM
Nov 08 20:57:53 <Maddy> AGAIN
Nov 08 20:57:55 <Maddy> ADMNIT ARI
Nov 08 20:59:27 <Pemander> "Guys I'm gonna touch it don't shoot me please." Ari reaches down to pull the gem out of the box.
Nov 08 20:59:38 <Gara> "No, I'll shoot you."
Nov 08 20:59:39 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte reashes out to stop her
Nov 08 20:59:42 <MonkeyBomb> *reaches
Nov 08 20:59:49 <MonkeyBomb> She'll be damned if Ari kills them all.
Nov 08 20:59:51 <Maddy> Everyon hears the shuffling above now.
Nov 08 20:59:52 <Gara> Emma clicks her safety off.
Nov 08 20:59:53 <dexanote> Myr reaches to intercept!!
Nov 08 21:00:04 <Maddy> Roll agil I guess to stop her.
Nov 08 21:00:12 <Echo> Scott'
Nov 08 21:00:22 <Echo> 's already started down the stairs, too far away to do anything.
Nov 08 21:00:37 <Echo> 4df+3 BUT BY GOD HE'LL TRY
Nov 08 21:00:38 <CROM> Echo: BUT BY GOD HE'LL TRY: 6 (4df+3=+, +, +, 0)
Nov 08 21:00:44 <Maddy> I.
Nov 08 21:00:46 <Maddy> What
Nov 08 21:00:53 <Echo> He runs for Ari, taking the steps two at a time to smack her hand away.
Nov 08 21:01:12 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte steps out of his way, I suppose.
Nov 08 21:01:17 <Maddy> Opposed I guess, Ari
Nov 08 21:02:52 <Pemander> 4df+4 peeeedef?
Nov 08 21:02:53 <CROM> Pemander: peeeedef?: 6 (4df+4=+, 0, 0, +)
Nov 08 21:02:57 <Pemander> HAH!
Nov 08 21:03:05 <Maddy> He's tooo slooow.
Nov 08 21:03:12 <Maddy> Everyone
Nov 08 21:03:20 <Pemander> She yanks her hands up out of the way. "I saw it first."
Nov 08 21:03:25 <Maddy> pdef or agil to bout the roof falling in on your head
Nov 08 21:03:32 <Maddy> *avoid
Nov 08 21:03:48 <Gara> 4df+5 Tagging Outta Dodge.
Nov 08 21:03:49 <CROM> Gara: Tagging Outta Dodge.: 4 (4df+5=-, 0, 0, 0)
Nov 08 21:03:54 <Pemander> 4df+4 Uh oh spaghettios. AP for Power
Nov 08 21:03:55 <CROM> Pemander: Uh oh spaghettios. AP for Power: 5 (4df+4=-, +, 0, +)
Nov 08 21:03:58 <Pemander> That's a 6.
Nov 08 21:04:25 <Echo> 4df+6 Tagging Not This Shit Again. NOW Scott takes the stairs, hauling ass for the ground floor.
Nov 08 21:04:25 <CROM> Echo: Tagging Not This Shit Again. NOW Scott takes the stairs, hauling ass for the ground floor.: 8 (4df+6=+, +, -, +)
Nov 08 21:04:27 <dexanote> "ARI DROP THE BOX."
Nov 08 21:04:46 <dexanote> 4df+2 PDef
Nov 08 21:04:47 <CROM> dexanote: PDef: 2 (4df+2=+, -, 0, 0)
Nov 08 21:05:23 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3 agil. RUN.
Nov 08 21:05:24 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: agil. RUN.: 4 (4df+3=+, -, +, 0)
Nov 08 21:06:32 <Maddy> Myr is hit by debris!
Nov 08 21:06:36 <Maddy> 1d2
Nov 08 21:06:37 <CROM> Maddy: 2 (1d2=2)
Nov 08 21:06:48 <Maddy> You tat 1 damage but you're not pinned and get out of the room,
Nov 08 21:06:48 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+2 R.I.P. Charlotte
Nov 08 21:06:48 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: R.I.P. Charlotte: 2 (4df+2=-, 0, 0, +)
Nov 08 21:06:52 <Pemander> "Myrtle! Are you okay!?" Ari turns, looking worried.
Nov 08 21:06:57 <Maddy> Charlotte is hit too!
Nov 08 21:07:00 <Maddy> 1d2
Nov 08 21:07:00 <CROM> Maddy: 1 (1d2=1)
Nov 08 21:07:07 <Pemander> She throws the box aside and rushes over.
Nov 08 21:07:09 <Maddy> You take no damage, but you are pinned!
Nov 08 21:07:56 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle screeches to a halt, and heads back up to unpin
Nov 08 21:08:02 <dexanote> Myr's plonked by falling boards, thrown to the floor. "Agh- no damn it. Drop the thing and close the box."
Nov 08 21:08:06 <MonkeyBomb> <Ahhhhh!> Debris lands on Charlotte, but luckily doesn't hurt her too badly.
Nov 08 21:08:12 <Maddy> There is someting writhing on the floor amonst the debris.
Nov 08 21:08:29 <Pemander> "Hold on I'll get you out. Kyle, Scott, one of you get Charlotte."
Nov 08 21:08:36 <MonkeyBomb> She can't move, and… what is that?
Nov 08 21:08:36 <Pemander> 4df+2 Ari tries to LIIIIFT the debris
Nov 08 21:08:37 <CROM> Pemander: Ari tries to LIIIIFT the debris: 0 (4df+2=0, 0, -, -)
Nov 08 21:08:39 <Echo> "Huh?"
Nov 08 21:08:41 <Gara> "Goddamn it ARI!" Emma points her gun at whatever is on the ground.
Nov 08 21:08:42 <Echo> SHIT
Nov 08 21:08:43 <Maddy> Black wings. Titan blackness, the three-lobed, burning eye.
Nov 08 21:08:45 <Gara> "Scrott, up here, NOW."
Nov 08 21:09:07 <Echo> Scott turns back from the bottom of the stairs, cursing inwardly and outwardly. "Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck…"
Nov 08 21:09:10 <MonkeyBomb> <W-w-what the hell!>
Nov 08 21:09:15 <Gara> 4df+9 I kill it?
Nov 08 21:09:16 <CROM> Gara: I kill it?: 7 (4df+9=-, 0, -, 0)
Nov 08 21:09:21 <MonkeyBomb> She struggles to get unpinned.
Nov 08 21:09:28 <Echo> He double times it back up. "What's going on?"
Nov 08 21:09:37 <dexanote> Myr's not pinned, but Ari helps her up. She looks up at the blackness.
Nov 08 21:09:47 <Gara> "Some horrible monster right there."
Nov 08 21:10:10 <Echo> Scott gets to the top, stares… and freezes.
Nov 08 21:10:15 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte can't fucking move and WHAT THE HELL IS THAT.
Nov 08 21:10:26 <Echo> But only for a second.
Nov 08 21:10:39 <Maddy> 4df+8 The blackness avoids the meager light from Scott's gun, but still takes up a lot of space.
Nov 08 21:10:39 <CROM> Maddy: The blackness avoids the meager light from Scott's gun, but still takes up a lot of space.: 5 (4df+8=0, -, -, -)
Nov 08 21:10:41 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+9 Gunshoot kill. His light clicks on, and then the .230gr .45 cal bullets ring out. taktaktaktak
Nov 08 21:10:41 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: Gunshoot kill. His light clicks on, and then the .230gr .45 cal bullets ring out. taktaktaktak: 12 (4df+9=0, +, +, +)
Nov 08 21:10:59 <Maddy> It shreiks as Em hits it!
Nov 08 21:11:02 <Pemander> "Maybe I shouldn't have touched the gem thing."
Nov 08 21:11:11 <Pemander> Ari clamps her hands over her ears at the sound of gunshots.
Nov 08 21:11:11 <Maddy> 4df+8 from Kyle
Nov 08 21:11:12 <CROM> Maddy: from Kyle: 10 (4df+8=-, +, +, +)
Nov 08 21:11:13 * MereObserver (ten.htuoslleb.dra.536033FA-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.htuoslleb.dra.536033FA-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
Nov 08 21:11:15 <PaulS_laptop> "Ya think!"
Nov 08 21:11:21 <Maddy> More shrieking as kyle hits it!
Nov 08 21:11:25 <Gara> "Scott, get bullets in this thing, Ari, get her the fuck out."
Nov 08 21:11:29 <Echo> 4df+7 Spending an AP on Scott's power: Above and Beyond the Call. He brings his rifle up and opens fire,
Nov 08 21:11:29 <CROM> Echo: Spending an AP on Scott's power: Above and Beyond the Call. He brings his rifle up and opens fire,: 6 (4df+7=+, -, -, 0)
Nov 08 21:11:41 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle's light is also on it. Maybe light hurts it?
Nov 08 21:11:48 <Pemander> "Myrtle help me get Charlotte unpinned!" Ari runs over to the girly.
Nov 08 21:11:52 <Maddy> 4df+8 More getting shot
Nov 08 21:11:53 <CROM> Maddy: More getting shot: 8 (4df+8=-, -, +, +)
Nov 08 21:11:59 <dexanote> Myr grabs Ari by the elbow and pulls her back down the stairs. "Before it recovers. Run."
Nov 08 21:12:02 <Maddy> No shriek this time.
Nov 08 21:12:15 <Maddy> The bullet passes through the blackness like it wasnt there.
Nov 08 21:12:29 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte coughs as she inhales debris.
Nov 08 21:12:31 <Maddy> It does its best to stay away from any sources of light.
Nov 08 21:12:34 <PaulS_laptop> "Everybody, down the stairs! Emma, on me!"
Nov 08 21:12:45 <PaulS_laptop> "Kick your lights on!"
Nov 08 21:12:52 <Gara> "Gotcha, go." Emma lights up.
Nov 08 21:13:08 <MonkeyBomb> <HEEEEEEEEEEELP>
Nov 08 21:13:26 <Echo> Scott drops his rifle, letting it hang at his chest as he abandons firing and starts trying to get the debris lifted off Charlotte. "Don't worry, I ain't gonna leave ya."
Nov 08 21:13:27 <PaulS_laptop> "Hold on, Emma. Give us a sec" calm, cool, cold
Nov 08 21:13:27 <Maddy> There's an ear scratching hiss, like nails on chalkboards, and the thin flees though the hole in the ceiling.
Nov 08 21:13:31 <PaulS_laptop> *charlotte
Nov 08 21:13:37 <Pemander> Ari is ushered away by Myrtle.
Nov 08 21:13:49 <Gara> "Myrtle, god damn it."
Nov 08 21:14:01 <Echo> 4df+7 Spending his power again, Athletics to lift the shit off of her.
Nov 08 21:14:02 <CROM> Echo: Spending his power again, Athletics to lift the shit off of her.: 7 (4df+7=-, -, +, +)
Nov 08 21:14:11 <Maddy> You win!
Nov 08 21:14:22 <Echo> Scott grunts and strains, trying to lift the fallen timbers, and finally heaves them off of Charlotte.
Nov 08 21:14:28 <Pemander> "Myr, Myr. Do we have…flash grenades?"
Nov 08 21:14:34 <Echo> He grabs her by the hand, trying to help her up. "You ok
Nov 08 21:14:34 <Pemander> "You know, the ones that blind you."
Nov 08 21:14:35 <Echo> ?"
Nov 08 21:15:06 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte struggles to her feet. <Thank you.> She gags on the debris floating around.
Nov 08 21:15:09 <dexanote> "We might. I keep some in the truck. You think you can get some?"
Nov 08 21:15:13 <Maddy> «Uhhh guys? Something huge just flew out of the church tower and into the front door when it hit my lights.»
Nov 08 21:15:31 <dexanote> «Kill it.»
Nov 08 21:15:36 <Gara> «Kill it.»
Nov 08 21:15:42 <PaulS_laptop> «We just chased it out. Lght hurts it»
Nov 08 21:15:42 <Maddy> «I got no eyes on it.»
Nov 08 21:15:49 <Echo> "Okay, Charlotte, I'm gonna go down first, okay? Stay behind me."
Nov 08 21:15:57 <MonkeyBomb> She nods shakily.
Nov 08 21:16:01 <MonkeyBomb> Heh.
Nov 08 21:16:14 <Echo> He reaches into a vest pouch and pops a magnesium flare. and passes it off to Charlotte.
Nov 08 21:16:20 <Echo> "Hang onto that, okay?"
Nov 08 21:16:33 <Echo> Scott starts advancing down the stairs to rejoin the others.
Nov 08 21:16:38 <Pemander> Arianna nods and sprints down the stairs toward the LAV.
Nov 08 21:16:43 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle covers the rear
Nov 08 21:16:44 <MonkeyBomb> She takes the flare and follows him closely. <What am I supposed to do with this?>
Nov 08 21:16:52 <Maddy> «Got my lights on the building» but it's probably between you and me.»
Nov 08 21:16:52 <Echo> "Just hold onto it."
Nov 08 21:17:00 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte clutches the flare.
Nov 08 21:17:17 <Pemander> "Scott!" She calls back. "Flash grenades!"
Nov 08 21:17:21 <Pemander> "Where do we keep them?"
Nov 08 21:17:32 <Maddy> As Air gets to the church room.
Nov 08 21:17:34 <Maddy> *ari
Nov 08 21:18:09 <Maddy> Pdef.
Nov 08 21:18:22 <Pemander> 4df+4 aw snap
Nov 08 21:18:22 <CROM> Pemander: aw snap: 5 (4df+4=0, +, +, -)
Nov 08 21:18:27 <Maddy> 4df+5
Nov 08 21:18:27 <CROM> Maddy: 3 (4df+5=-, +, -, -)
Nov 08 21:18:55 <Echo> "… Flashbangs? Uh… they're in the lockbox of the LAV!"
Nov 08 21:19:18 <Gara> 4df+4 Emma takes this moment to have another Perc —> Ranged
Nov 08 21:19:19 <CROM> Gara: Emma takes this moment to have another Perc —> Ranged: 4 (4df+4=+, -, +, -)
Nov 08 21:19:36 <Maddy> A tenticle of blackness barely misses her. The centre of the church is light by the LAV, but the pews are still in shadow, thanks to the painted windows.
Nov 08 21:20:00 <Pemander> She continues to dash. "Uh oh uh oh uh oh."
Nov 08 21:20:24 <Maddy> Where is the box and gem btw?
Nov 08 21:21:12 <Pemander> The gem is in Ari's hands still and the box was knocked down upstairs.
Nov 08 21:21:18 <Echo> Scott didn't touch it at all. Hell with that.
Nov 08 21:21:35 <Echo> He arrives at the ground floor, presumably with Charlotte in tow.
Nov 08 21:21:40 <MonkeyBomb> Yep.
Nov 08 21:21:44 <Echo> "What's going on down here?"
Nov 08 21:21:52 <Maddy> Phys def you twoo
Nov 08 21:21:56 <Maddy> Are makes it outside.
Nov 08 21:21:58 <Maddy> Ari
Nov 08 21:21:59 <Gara> Emma is waiting for Kyle to move.
Nov 08 21:22:10 <Echo> 4df+4 Damn it.
Nov 08 21:22:10 <CROM> Echo: Damn it.: 5 (4df+4=+, 0, +, -)
Nov 08 21:22:12 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+2 Pdef yay!
Nov 08 21:22:13 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: Pdef yay!: 2 (4df+2=0, +, 0, -)
Nov 08 21:22:21 <Maddy> 4df+5 SWEEP
Nov 08 21:22:22 <CROM> Maddy: SWEEP: 6 (4df+5=+, -, +, 0)
Nov 08 21:22:26 <MonkeyBomb> Oh shit.
Nov 08 21:22:27 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle moves
Nov 08 21:22:39 <Maddy> The thing fucking knocks you both into the DARKNESS
Nov 08 21:22:42 <Maddy> -1 body
Nov 08 21:22:52 <Gara> Emma goes with Kyle. Is there somewhere she can shoot from without getting all the way downstairs?
Nov 08 21:23:00 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte flies into the… darkness… She manages to keep the flare though.
Nov 08 21:23:09 <Echo> Scott tumbles over a pew and feels something pop, and rolls around, groaning.
Nov 08 21:23:24 <Maddy> The tenticle immediatly flees from the flare light though.
Nov 08 21:23:31 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte's knee is twisted at an awkward angle. Owwwwwwww.
Nov 08 21:23:41 <Maddy> looking like its was amlost disolving.
Nov 08 21:23:42 <Pemander> Arianna tries to get to the lockbox of the LAV, still holding the gem in her right hand.
Nov 08 21:23:54 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte clutches the flare as if her life depended on it.
Nov 08 21:24:00 <MonkeyBomb> Which it probably does.
Nov 08 21:24:16 <Echo> He crawls back to the center aisle, and pushes himself to his feet before looking for the flare. "Charlotte! Let's go! We're leaving!"
Nov 08 21:24:35 <Maddy> Theres the sound of breaking windows as the thing tries to flee the light.
Nov 08 21:24:42 <MonkeyBomb> She scrambles up, wincing as an intense pain shoots through her leg.
Nov 08 21:24:42 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle has his light on, heading downstairs
Nov 08 21:24:50 <Gara> Emma continues downstairs, light on.
Nov 08 21:24:54 <MonkeyBomb> She limps towards the Scott and the door.
Nov 08 21:25:22 <Echo> "Want me to carry ya?" He points at her leg.
Nov 08 21:25:22 <Maddy> Scott and Charlotte make it!
Nov 08 21:25:30 <Echo> Woohoo!
Nov 08 21:25:33 <MonkeyBomb> <No, I'm fine.> She grits her teeth.
Nov 08 21:25:43 <Maddy> Emm, Kyle, physdef.
Nov 08 21:25:51 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3
Nov 08 21:25:52 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: 6 (4df+3=+, 0, +, +)
Nov 08 21:25:53 <dexanote> Myr will have stayed with Arianna. She keeps her guns trained to the sky, peering over her sunglasses, looking for the thing.
Nov 08 21:25:54 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte's still holding the flare.
Nov 08 21:25:54 <Echo> He lags behind a little for her anyway, keeping himself between her and the church as they exit.
Nov 08 21:26:00 <Gara> 4df+3 I'd RATHER NOT die.
Nov 08 21:26:00 <CROM> Gara: I'd RATHER NOT die.: 2 (4df+3=-, -, +, 0)
Nov 08 21:26:05 <Maddy> 4df+6 spending an AP
Nov 08 21:26:05 <CROM> Maddy: spending an AP: 7 (4df+6=+, 0, -, +)
Nov 08 21:26:24 <Maddy> 4df+6 for gara too
Nov 08 21:26:24 <CROM> Maddy: for gara too: 6 (4df+6=-, -, +, +)
Nov 08 21:26:35 <Maddy> 1d3
Nov 08 21:26:35 <CROM> Maddy: 2 (1d3=2)
Nov 08 21:26:36 <Maddy> 1d3
Nov 08 21:26:36 <CROM> Maddy: 1 (1d3=1)
Nov 08 21:27:10 <Maddy> Something simpley touches both of you. Kyle 2 damage as your clothes start to corode, as does your skin.
Nov 08 21:27:42 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte hobbles over to the LAV before realizing that people are still inside.
Nov 08 21:27:45 <Maddy> 1 damage for Emma who has the same thing but on only a part of her arm. Kyle got a whole arm molested.
Nov 08 21:28:02 <Gara> 4df+9 Die die die die die, firing bullets. "FUUUUCK." She dumps rounds into it, and runs like hell.
Nov 08 21:28:02 <CROM> Gara: Die die die die die, firing bullets. "FUUUUCK." She dumps rounds into it, and runs like hell.: 7 (4df+9=-, -, 0, 0)
Nov 08 21:28:19 <Maddy> 4df Too much ligh, not a happy.
Nov 08 21:28:19 <CROM> Maddy: Too much ligh, not a happy.: -1 (4df=0, 0, -, 0)
Nov 08 21:28:27 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+7 burning an AP. Light plus bullets.
Nov 08 21:28:27 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: burning an AP. Light plus bullets.: 8 (4df+7=+, -, 0, +)
Nov 08 21:28:32 <Maddy> It makes a truely aweful sound.
Nov 08 21:28:36 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle is one-handing his subgun
Nov 08 21:28:39 <Maddy> 4df Too much ligh, not a happ part too
Nov 08 21:28:40 <CROM> Maddy: Too much ligh, not a happ part too: 1 (4df=+, 0, +, -)
Nov 08 21:28:51 <Maddy> The sound ceases.
Nov 08 21:28:58 <Pemander> Ari finally manages to pull out a flash grenade. "Hee! Got one."
Nov 08 21:29:01 <Maddy> The blackness is gonw
Nov 08 21:29:10 <Pemander> "Oh wha-" She turns. "It's already over?"
Nov 08 21:29:25 <Maddy> She she still holding the gorram gem?
Nov 08 21:29:27 <Gara> Emma hobbles out. "Me and Kyle are hurt, he's worse." She checks out her arm.
Nov 08 21:29:32 <Pemander> Yep.
Nov 08 21:29:32 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle looks over his arm
Nov 08 21:29:39 <Maddy> mdef everyone near ari.
Nov 08 21:29:55 <PaulS_laptop> And is too busy gritting his teeth to speak
Nov 08 21:30:01 <Echo> Scott's outside, going for medical gear.
Nov 08 21:30:07 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3 I think Kyle is near Ari?
Nov 08 21:30:07 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: I think Kyle is near Ari?: 5 (4df+3=+, +, -, +)
Nov 08 21:30:13 <Pemander> 4df+2 geez
Nov 08 21:30:13 <CROM> Pemander: geez: 3 (4df+2=0, +, +, -)
Nov 08 21:30:14 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3 I think Charlotte is too?
Nov 08 21:30:15 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: I think Charlotte is too?: 2 (4df+3=0, +, -, -)
Nov 08 21:30:43 <Maddy> Ari wants to look at it again, but isn't forced to. Charlotte REALLY wants to but again, isn't forced.
Nov 08 21:31:04 <Maddy> Kyle is too busy gritting his teeth to be copelled to look at a stone.
Nov 08 21:31:04 <Pemander> "Heeeeehehe. Hey guys, check this out."
Nov 08 21:31:11 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte's gaze slides over to the gem in Ari's hand.
Nov 08 21:31:21 <PaulS_laptop> "Fuck. No."
Nov 08 21:31:28 <Pemander> She drops the grenade for a sec to grab her radio. «Elle, I'm tossing something out. You still on the light?»
Nov 08 21:31:36 <Echo> Scott looks out the back of the LAV. "NO! STOP FUCKING AROUND, ARI! I SWEAR TO FUCK!"
Nov 08 21:31:40 <Maddy> The colours swirl before her eyes.
Nov 08 21:31:44 <Maddy> «YEah I am.»
Nov 08 21:31:53 <MonkeyBomb> Scott's voice /almost/ makes Charlotte look away.
Nov 08 21:32:01 <Gara> 4df+2 Emma is close enough?
Nov 08 21:32:01 <Pemander> «Get ready to shine it.» "Wee! Close your eyes everyone."
Nov 08 21:32:01 <CROM> Gara: Emma is close enough?: 3 (4df+2=+, +, -, 0)
Nov 08 21:32:19 <Maddy> «It is shining you silly.»
Nov 08 21:32:29 <Pemander> Ari drops her radio, grabs the flash grenade, pulls the pin on it, and tosses both the grenade and the gem out of the LAV and into the light.
Nov 08 21:32:36 <Maddy> Emma gets the same as Ari.
Nov 08 21:32:39 <Pemander> She turns away and shuts her eyes tight.
Nov 08 21:32:39 <dexanote> Myrtle flips her sunglasses down, shielding her face with her arm.
Nov 08 21:32:48 <Maddy> Nothing happens, though this breaks Charlottes gaze.
Nov 08 21:32:53 <Gara> Emma looks /away/
Nov 08 21:33:03 <MonkeyBomb> She blinks and realizes that her leg really really hurts.
Nov 08 21:33:53 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+4 survival -> ranged maneuver. Kyle is keeping an eye out for the black thing, and trying to block out the pain in his arm
Nov 08 21:33:53 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: survival -> ranged maneuver. Kyle is keeping an eye out for the black thing, and trying to block out the pain in his arm: 5 (4df+4=-, 0, +, +)
Nov 08 21:34:06 <Maddy> Nothing.
Nov 08 21:34:57 <dexanote> Myr pauses, glancing out of the LAV.
Nov 08 21:35:01 <dexanote> Just a peek.
Nov 08 21:35:04 <dexanote> Just. A peek.
Nov 08 21:35:06 <Maddy> There's a rumble of thunder in the distance though.
Nov 08 21:35:25 <Echo> Scott pokes his head out of the LAV again. "Is it over?" He runs down the ramp with a medical bag. "Who's hurt? Who was screaming?"
Nov 08 21:35:38 <Pemander> Ari slumps. "Nothing even happened?"
Nov 08 21:35:48 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte is standing outside of the LAV. She puts the weight on her uninjured leg. <Me.>
Nov 08 21:35:50 <Pemander> "I thought that would mess it up."
Nov 08 21:35:59 <PaulS_laptop> "Emma and I."
Nov 08 21:36:02 <Maddy> The gem sits on the grass, pulling the gaze of anyone who looks at the Shining Trapezohedron.
Nov 08 21:36:04 <Gara> "Me and Kyle are wounded, somehow." She looks at her arm.
Nov 08 21:36:07 <Maddy> but you dont have to look.
Nov 08 21:36:11 <Maddy> let me know if you do though.
Nov 08 21:36:32 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte feels like a douche for thinking she's wounded when she looks at Kyle's arm.
Nov 08 21:36:47 <Maddy> The injured arms have some kinda yellow acrid smelling stuff on them.
Nov 08 21:36:55 <Echo> "What happened? Come here." Scott drops the bag in front of the LAV's lights, keeping himself illuminated.
Nov 08 21:37:07 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte wonders what happened to that damned gem.
Nov 08 21:37:23 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle pours some his coffee on it, walking over.
Nov 08 21:37:36 <Gara> "This… is fuckin weird."
Nov 08 21:37:41 <PaulS_laptop> "The black shadow thing. Guess it mauls shit"
Nov 08 21:37:54 <PaulS_laptop> he's hoping shit washed off with the coffee
Nov 08 21:38:04 <Gara> "Yeah, acidic or something."
Nov 08 21:38:07 <dexanote> Myr climbs out of the LAV, falling to her knees in the grass. "Okay."
Nov 08 21:38:21 <dexanote> "… Okay. I need to read up on Lovecraft. I saw that thing's picture in the book."
Nov 08 21:38:37 <dexanote> She looks to Ari. "You alright?
Nov 08 21:38:38 <dexanote> "
Nov 08 21:38:41 <Pemander> "Really sorry guys!" She calls out.
Nov 08 21:38:59 <Gara> "Goddamn fuck up…" she mutters under ber breath.
Nov 08 21:39:01 <Echo> Scott starts popping open bottles of saline solution. "Emma, take your shirt off."
Nov 08 21:39:02 <MonkeyBomb> <Save it.> Charlotte's angry.
Nov 08 21:39:12 <Echo> "Kyle, you too."
Nov 08 21:39:13 <Gara> Emma takes her shirt off.
Nov 08 21:39:22 <Maddy> Elle sticks her head out of the turret. "So uh…what do we do wit the bauble?"
Nov 08 21:39:22 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle unbuttons his
Nov 08 21:39:24 <dexanote> hott
Nov 08 21:39:25 <Pemander> Ari turns to Myrtle. "Nah I didn't take any hits."
Nov 08 21:39:36 <PaulS_laptop> "Just my arm."
Nov 08 21:39:40 <dexanote> "I mean…" she taps her forehead. "Any worse?"
Nov 08 21:39:42 <MonkeyBomb> The pain builds in her leg and she has to sit down.
Nov 08 21:39:52 <Pemander> "MmmmmI don't think so."
Nov 08 21:40:16 <dexanote> "Well keep me updated, alright?"
Nov 08 21:40:17 <Echo> Scott starts dumping water on Emma's arm, trying to wash the acidic stuff off.
Nov 08 21:40:27 <Pemander> "Sure. Okay. Will do."
Nov 08 21:40:35 <Echo> He tosses a bottle to Kyle. "Get started."
Nov 08 21:40:38 <Pemander> Arianna rummages around for a pot.
Nov 08 21:40:48 <Maddy> It's kinda sticky but it comes of with rincing after a bit
Nov 08 21:41:00 <Maddy> Theres some pots in there sure
Nov 08 21:41:04 <Pemander> Once she finds one, she scoops up the gem in it (without looking) and pops the lid on.
Nov 08 21:41:16 <Pemander> "Paranormal object contained! Phew. That's how you Foundation types do it, right?"
Nov 08 21:41:31 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle begins dumping more liquid on his arm
Nov 08 21:41:56 <Echo> "Ahhhh, shit, that looks gross."
Nov 08 21:42:06 <Maddy> "Kinda?"
Nov 08 21:42:24 <dexanote> "Come on Arianna let's bury it."
Nov 08 21:42:24 <Maddy> "Gonna like, throw it down a well or something?"
Nov 08 21:42:32 <Echo> Scott rises Emma's arm with one more bottle, then gets a tube of burn ointment.
Nov 08 21:43:05 <Pemander> "Yeah we'll bury it I guess. Pour some holy water in it just to be sure."
Nov 08 21:43:06 <Echo> He stops before applying it, merely bandaging it up lightly. "You, Emma, are gonna have an appointment with Atropa tonight when we get back."
Nov 08 21:43:11 <Echo> "You too, Kyle."
Nov 08 21:43:36 <Gara> "God, that's gross."
Nov 08 21:43:40 <Gara> "Okay."
Nov 08 21:43:54 <PaulS_laptop> "Beats trying to let this shit heal elsewise"
Nov 08 21:44:03 <Echo> "She can do this… well, she puts out this kinda gel that's great for this sorta thing."
Nov 08 21:44:08 <PaulS_laptop> "toss me some gauze?"
Nov 08 21:44:34 <Echo> Scott chucks a roll over toward Kyle. "Make sure to keep it light. Just enough to keep it covered until we get back."
Nov 08 21:44:50 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle begins wrapping his shit up
Nov 08 21:44:50 <Echo> "Don't wanna have to tear that shit off, or waste a buncha water on it."
Nov 08 21:46:11 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte sits outside the LAV. She looks over to Emma and Kyle. <You guys okay…?>
Nov 08 21:46:34 <MonkeyBomb> (probably a little late but whatever.)
Nov 08 21:46:37 <PaulS_laptop> "Okayish. Shit hurts regardless"
Nov 08 21:46:46 <PaulS_laptop> He's putting his shirt back on
Nov 08 21:47:23 <Gara> "Yeah, we'll be fine."
Nov 08 21:47:38 <Echo> "Y'all pack up, faster we get back, faster we can get her rubbing goo on ya."
Nov 08 21:47:45 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte glances over to Ari. <Thanks for almost getting us all freaking killed, Ari.> She's still mad.
Nov 08 21:47:58 <Echo> Scott starts shoving things back into his bag, ramshackle. He can clean it up later.
Nov 08 21:48:08 <Pemander> "Oh, don't get so steamed. I knew we'd be fine."
Nov 08 21:48:18 <Pemander> "Cause I'm /the boss/!"
Nov 08 21:48:40 <Pemander> She laughs hysterically.
Nov 08 21:48:40 <PaulS_laptop> kyle just walks on board
Nov 08 21:48:47 <Pemander> Cradling her pot.
Nov 08 21:48:56 <MonkeyBomb> Charlotte is steamed.
Nov 08 21:49:05 <Maddy> Whenever youre; ready you guys can headd back to IC
Nov 08 21:49:30 <Echo> Scott boards the LAV and closes the ramp.