Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong

Dec 04 23:11:09 <E4D> Jason shifts a little, banging on the roof of the LAV. «Alanoch, what do your elf-eyes see?»
Dec 04 23:11:11 * Praetor (PI.07EA0955.AF5E4523.7DD1A3C6|tibbiM#PI.07EA0955.AF5E4523.7DD1A3C6|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
Dec 04 23:11:11 * ChanServ sets mode +a #afteractionmission Praetor
Dec 04 23:11:11 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Praetor
Dec 04 23:11:17 <Nioki> Alanoch swivels, looking around.
Dec 04 23:11:24 <Nioki> 4df+6 Spotter perception!
Dec 04 23:11:24 <Glacon> Nioki: Spotter perception!: 7 (4df+6=0, -, +, +)
Dec 04 23:11:27 <Maddy> Alice revs the engine, just for fun.
Dec 04 23:11:39 <Praetor> Knight is there whoa
Dec 04 23:12:17 * PaulS_laptop (~PI.2447D932.FF38DDE6.610109A4|luap#PI.2447D932.FF38DDE6.610109A4|luap) has joined #afteractionmission
Dec 04 23:12:46 <Lilah> Adhelami looks over her new GAHN.
Dec 04 23:13:22 <Tom90deg> Zoe makes sure her shotgun is loaded, and has a few of her steel rebar pieces are readly at hand.
Dec 04 23:14:06 <PaulS_laptop> John checks over his respective weapons, hanging the flamethrower's gun up on the hanger on the tank, and the PDW on it's hanger on his belt
Dec 04 23:14:44 <Praetor> Knight checks the long range scope on his rifle, makes sure his sidearm is there, and taps the oynx in his pocket, then nods with a grunt.
Dec 04 23:14:45 <PaulS_laptop> Two demolition charges in a satchel, and four fragmentation grenades
Dec 04 23:15:47 <Nioki> «City, several large buildings. There are several small groups of people. They seem to have constructed some wooden walkways and such at the water's edge.»
Dec 04 23:16:17 <Maddy> «Hmm.»
Dec 04 23:16:47 <Nioki> «Lighting in the buildings is minimal, with only a few lower floors illuminated. They have strung up many smaller lights outside.»
Dec 04 23:16:54 <E4D> «Alice, bring us up to a place ain't got a lot of lights.»
Dec 04 23:17:38 <Nioki> Alanoch keeps scanning the shore, watching to see if anyone has noticed them.
Dec 04 23:17:45 <Maddy> «C-can do. Hang on people, w-we're going over.» Vvvrrrrrr WHEEE sploosh!
Dec 04 23:17:53 <Nioki> «There are several small boats nearer to the shore.»
Dec 04 23:18:27 * Doctor_Light (~ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.5300FD19-CRInys|alliztahc#ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.5300FD19-CRInys|alliztahc) has joined #afteractionmission
Dec 04 23:19:24 <Artemis> Artemis looks over his weapons, particularly Emilio, who hangs on the sling over his body. Where did the Shorty go?
Dec 04 23:19:44 <E4D> «Eyes on those boats, Al. Artie, get up on that gun.»
Dec 04 23:20:00 <Nioki> «Understood.»
Dec 04 23:20:45 <Artemis> Artemis pats Adhelami on the leg and climbs up to the gunner position.
Dec 04 23:20:53 <Maddy> Alice drives, heading to a darkened part of the shore.
Dec 04 23:20:57 <Lilah> Aw, bai bai~ She smiles to him.
Dec 04 23:21:11 <Nioki> «Many of them have nets. We have definitely been seen.»
Dec 04 23:22:01 <Nioki> «There have been no hostile movements as of yet. Hopefully they are simply survivors.»
Dec 04 23:22:22 <Maddy> She finds a little boat ramp and drives up carefully and into a shadowed street.
Dec 04 23:23:07 <Lilah> Adhelami quietly hopes that people won't be angry and start shooting. She gulps a little.
Dec 04 23:23:15 * Dawny (~ten.tsewq.rtsr.DFDA0D91-CRInys|alliztahc#ten.tsewq.rtsr.DFDA0D91-CRInys|alliztahc) has joined #afteractionmission
Dec 04 23:23:24 <E4D> The block is dead, yo.
Dec 04 23:23:56 <Maddy> «Aright, w-where to, Cap'n?»
Dec 04 23:23:59 <E4D> The girls are hot, wearin' less than bikinis.
Dec 04 23:24:04 <E4D> Not really.
Dec 04 23:24:17 <E4D> <Stand by.>
Dec 04 23:24:31 <E4D> He mashes the release on the rear hatch.
Dec 04 23:24:43 <E4D> It drops, allowing anyone inside to exit.
Dec 04 23:24:52 <E4D> Everyone but Alice, perception.
Dec 04 23:24:56 <PaulS_laptop> John dismounts.
Dec 04 23:24:58 <PaulS_laptop> 4df perc
Dec 04 23:24:58 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: perc: -2 (4df=0, -, 0, -)
Dec 04 23:25:01 <E4D> …
Dec 04 23:25:04 <Lilah> 4df-1 :C
Dec 04 23:25:04 <Glacon> Lilah: :C: -1 (4df-1=-, 0, +, 0)
Dec 04 23:25:11 <E4D> ……
Dec 04 23:25:24 <Artemis> 4df+4 Gunner seat (right?)
Dec 04 23:25:24 <Glacon> Artemis: Gunner seat (right?): 1 (4df+4=-, -, -, 0)
Dec 04 23:25:28 <Artemis> …
Dec 04 23:25:54 <E4D> Alice… roll.
Dec 04 23:26:07 <Dawny> 4df
Dec 04 23:26:07 <Glacon> Dawny: 2 (4df=0, 0, +, +)
Dec 04 23:26:09 <Maddy> 4df+2 drivers eyes
Dec 04 23:26:10 <Glacon> Maddy: drivers eyes: 5 (4df+2=+, +, +, 0)
Dec 04 23:26:12 <Maddy> WHAT
Dec 04 23:26:17 <Nioki> 4df+6 Spotter.
Dec 04 23:26:17 <Glacon> Nioki: Spotter.: 4 (4df+6=0, -, -, 0)
Dec 04 23:26:54 <Praetor> 4df+3 Whoops sorry.
Dec 04 23:26:55 <Glacon> Praetor: Whoops sorry.: 4 (4df+3=+, 0, +, -)
Dec 04 23:27:22 <E4D> Alice can make out a number of people in the distance, some hustling out of the range of the vehicle's lights. None of them appear to be carrying weapons. The gunner, spotter, Knight and Jillian encounter someone just to the rear of the vehicle as the ramp drops.
Dec 04 23:27:51 <E4D> It's a younger-looking man carrying a basket. He makes a little noise, drops the basket, and runs down a side street.
Dec 04 23:28:04 <Maddy> «Got some p-people headed a-away from us. Not armed.»
Dec 04 23:28:37 <Praetor> «Kid back here just ran off too.»
Dec 04 23:28:37 <Artemis> «I sink I would do better outside zhe vehicle. For reconnaissance.»
Dec 04 23:28:44 <Dawny> "H-hey, wait…*sigh*"
Dec 04 23:29:11 <Nioki> «We tend to be intimidating.»
Dec 04 23:29:18 <Tom90deg> «Seems like they're more scared of us than we are of them.»
Dec 04 23:29:44 <Dawny> Jillian looks at the basket.
Dec 04 23:30:06 <Praetor> Knight *hrms* and steps out of the vehicle, letting one of the hounds out of the gem, its nails clicking as it forms.
Dec 04 23:30:16 <Nioki> «We are in an armored vehicle. With several visible guns. Fear is logical.»
Dec 04 23:30:31 <Maddy> «Indeed.»
Dec 04 23:30:46 <Dawny> Jillian steps out in Samson, still looking at that basket. Was anything in it?
Dec 04 23:30:59 <E4D> Fish have spilled on the street.
Dec 04 23:31:23 <Dawny> «He was carrying fish»
Dec 04 23:31:25 <Artemis> Artemis awaits Jason's judgment for his statement.
Dec 04 23:31:52 <E4D> «Copy that, Artie.»
Dec 04 23:32:17 <Praetor> Knight bends down with the large gun. "Then they're catching fish, instead of those large leeches."
Dec 04 23:32:28 <Tom90deg> Zoe heads out as well, looking around.
Dec 04 23:32:40 <Praetor> "Must've been local to Australia."
Dec 04 23:33:34 <E4D> Typical waterfront. A number of large building are on the streets just a few layers in from the sea's edge, though none are lighted. Movement can still be faintly made out in the direction Eve is pointed.
Dec 04 23:33:48 <Lilah> Adhelami is glancing around, keeping her guns under her cloak. She doesn't want to look too menacing.
Dec 04 23:34:06 <E4D> What would normally be a busy boardwalk is dimly lit in the same direction by what appear to be party lights further up the shore.
Dec 04 23:34:13 <Artemis> Artemis climbs down from the gunner's seat and onto the street. He slips off to the side, seeking stealth. Compel Scene Aspect: Kinda Dark Out Here?
Dec 04 23:34:23 <E4D> The man that ran down the sidestreet is nowhere to be seen.
Dec 04 23:34:40 <Nioki> Alanoch focuses on the movement, using his power to brighten it as it reaches his eyes.
Dec 04 23:34:57 * Praetor has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Dec 04 23:35:09 <E4D> The buildings are all very large,with enormous glass sections higher up that can be made out in the moonlight, though there are no lit sections visible past maybe the second or third floor anywhere they see.
Dec 04 23:35:10 <PaulS_laptop> John looks around, but he can't see much
Dec 04 23:35:18 <Dawny> «I'm going to stay out too Jason, I hate being in there with Samson. That alright?»
Dec 04 23:35:29 <E4D> «Carry on.»
Dec 04 23:35:42 <E4D> Jason climbs up into the gun, standing by.
Dec 04 23:35:55 <Maddy> «Where do you want me?»
Dec 04 23:36:00 * Praetor (PI.07EA0955.AF5E4523.7DD1A3C6|tibbiM#PI.07EA0955.AF5E4523.7DD1A3C6|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
Dec 04 23:36:13 <Nioki> 4df+5 Luxomancy->Perception. See everything.
Dec 04 23:36:14 <Glacon> Nioki: Luxomancy->Perception. See everything.: 6 (4df+5=0, +, 0, 0)
Dec 04 23:36:19 <Artemis> 4df+5 Rather dark out…
Dec 04 23:36:19 * ChanServ sets mode +a #afteractionmission Praetor
Dec 04 23:36:19 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Praetor
Dec 04 23:36:20 <Glacon> Artemis: Rather dark out…: 6 (4df+5=-, +, 0, +)
Dec 04 23:36:21 <E4D> «At your pace, Alice.»
Dec 04 23:36:37 <E4D> Artemis blends into the shadows easily, out of immediate notice.
Dec 04 23:36:44 <Nioki> 4df+8 Perception. Ridiculous perception.
Dec 04 23:36:45 <Glacon> Nioki: Perception. Ridiculous perception.: 7 (4df+8=0, 0, -, 0)
Dec 04 23:37:11 <Nioki> Alanoch is looking mostly at the distant movement, discerning what's happening.
Dec 04 23:37:22 <Artemis> Artemis clicks off his radio sticks close to the group, flanking them a short distance away for recon purposes.
Dec 04 23:37:43 <Nioki> He doesn't have much trouble keeping track of Artemis out of the corner of his eye.
Dec 04 23:37:51 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+2 Survival. Rather than look for actual things, John starts soaking in scenery for likely avenues of approach and places *he* would light them up from
Dec 04 23:37:51 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: Survival. Rather than look for actual things, John starts soaking in scenery for likely avenues of approach and places *he* would light them up from: 3 (4df+2=0, -, +, +)
Dec 04 23:38:27 <Praetor> Knight stays close to the vehicle and his dog, walking with the hunk of metal that would be handy for deflecting more metal.
Dec 04 23:38:36 <Maddy> Alice drives forward slowly.
Dec 04 23:38:54 <Dawny> Jillian walks on the left of the vehicle, keeping pace with it.
Dec 04 23:39:10 <E4D> John spots nothing but a child retreating down an alley, making into a street toward the direction the LAV is headed.
Dec 04 23:39:15 <Tom90deg> Zoe keeps pace to the side, staying out of the light and trying to move quietly.
Dec 04 23:39:21 <Lilah> Adhelami decides it may be best for her to stick inside the vehicle..?
Dec 04 23:39:41 <Lilah> And, if there is a passenger seat open, she totally took it.
Dec 04 23:39:49 <PaulS_laptop> John keeps pace, front-left.
Dec 04 23:40:13 <PaulS_laptop> «Foot mobile. Child, alleyway.»
Dec 04 23:40:18 <PaulS_laptop> «Running away»
Dec 04 23:40:26 <Nioki> «Stop!»
Dec 04 23:40:31 <Maddy> Alice stops!
Dec 04 23:40:37 <Dawny> Jillian is behind John, farther away from the vehicle.
Dec 04 23:40:55 <Nioki> «There are people hiding up ahead. Some have guns.»
Dec 04 23:40:59 <PaulS_laptop> John halts, and looks around.
Dec 04 23:41:09 <Dawny> Jillian stops and looks.
Dec 04 23:41:10 <PaulS_laptop> «Rules of engagement?»
Dec 04 23:41:14 <Nioki> «At least one is pointed at us. It may be natural precaution.»
Dec 04 23:41:22 <Lilah> Adhelami leans forward a little from the stopping, blinking. Wah! "Do you think they will shoot..??"
Dec 04 23:41:44 <E4D> «Stand by. Dismounts, want to take it behind the LAV? Give you some cover.»
Dec 04 23:41:45 <Artemis> Artemis stalks ahead toward the hostiles Alanoch pointed out, seeking a better look and vantage points. Survival, when asked for.
Dec 04 23:41:49 <Maddy> «Should I get one the loudspeaker?»
Dec 04 23:41:58 <E4D> «Fire away, hun.»
Dec 04 23:42:02 <Tom90deg> Zoe heads behind the LAV, looking behind, just in case.
Dec 04 23:42:14 <Nioki> «This is a reasonable response to our approach, given our appearance and lack of introduction.»
Dec 04 23:42:39 <Dawny> Jillian heads to the back, sighing.
Dec 04 23:42:45 <PaulS_laptop> John takes up a position behind the LAV, again left flank
Dec 04 23:43:03 <Nioki> «There is now barbed wire. I'm not sure how they set it up that quickly. Be ready.»
Dec 04 23:43:28 <PaulS_laptop> «Not looking good. Everybody, eyes on windows!»
Dec 04 23:43:31 <Artemis> Artemis tries find a way around the hostiles to flank them.
Dec 04 23:44:17 <Nioki> «Whoever is outside, survey what is behind us.»
Dec 04 23:44:38 <Maddy> «Attention civillians. This is The Convoy. W-we mean n-no ill will a-and are s-simply looking for survivord and possible trade.» she repetes in french just in case.
Dec 04 23:44:45 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+2 survival again. Eyes on windows, avenues of approach, and our rear.
Dec 04 23:44:45 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: survival again. Eyes on windows, avenues of approach, and our rear.: 1 (4df+2=0, -, +, -)
Dec 04 23:45:00 <Praetor> 4df+3 Knight turns to the rear…
Dec 04 23:45:01 <Glacon> Praetor: Knight turns to the rear…: 5 (4df+3=+, 0, +, 0)
Dec 04 23:45:09 <Dawny> 4df Jillian looks around, but that bitch *is* blind.
Dec 04 23:45:09 <Glacon> Dawny: Jillian looks around, but that bitch *is* blind.: 1 (4df=+, 0, +, -)
Dec 04 23:45:17 <Tom90deg> 4df+2 Zoe looks behind for anything…
Dec 04 23:45:18 <Glacon> Tom90deg: Zoe looks behind for anything…: 3 (4df+2=0, +, -, +)
Dec 04 23:45:44 <Nioki> «Women and children near the waterfront are moving away from us.»
Dec 04 23:45:52 <E4D> Knight's got a good view of their rear flank, but there's simply nothing there. Zoe's not spotting anything, and there's no sounds of movement or activity around them.
Dec 04 23:46:33 <Praetor> «Nothing back here, kid.»
Dec 04 23:47:01 <Praetor> Knight stays near the corner of the LAV's back flank and readies the gun to be pointed downrange.
Dec 04 23:47:16 <Nioki> «They have removed the barbed wire, and are no longer directly threatening us.»
Dec 04 23:47:45 <PaulS_laptop> John has the flamethrower out, aiming downrange and forward. First person to fire a shot gets burning napalm
Dec 04 23:47:49 <Nioki> «They understood you.»
Dec 04 23:48:04 <E4D> They're approximately 400 yards away, it should be noted.
Dec 04 23:48:21 <Tom90deg> "Good to hear…."
Dec 04 23:48:38 <Artemis> Well then.
Dec 04 23:48:44 <Artemis> Artemis sticks around then, I guess.
Dec 04 23:48:58 <Maddy> «Goos t-to hear.»
Dec 04 23:49:34 <Lilah> Adhelami *phews* and smiles to Alice, "It is nice when things go well."
Dec 04 23:50:08 <Nioki> Alanoch just keeps watching. Feeling safe is not allowed.
Dec 04 23:50:36 <Maddy> <It is.>
Dec 04 23:51:58 <E4D> «Well?»
Dec 04 23:52:45 <Maddy> «Lets g-go see what's up?»
Dec 04 23:52:57 <PaulS_laptop> John keeps an eye out anyway.
Dec 04 23:53:20 <Tom90deg> «Works for me.»
Dec 04 23:54:07 <Maddy> «Alright, I;m driving forward.» she does
Dec 04 23:54:23 <Dawny> Jillian goes back to the left side, rear.
Dec 04 23:54:43 <Tom90deg> Zoe moves back to the side, walking by the side.
Dec 04 23:54:54 * Nioki has quit (Connection reset by peer)
Dec 04 23:55:05 <PaulS_laptop> John takes up left side.
Dec 04 23:55:37 * Nioki (~PI.AB9185D2.0206907F.BB5C10E3|alliztahc#PI.AB9185D2.0206907F.BB5C10E3|alliztahc) has joined #afteractionmission
Dec 04 23:57:07 <E4D> As they get closer, they can make out a few guys on either side of the road behind decorative planters, the one closer to them holding Chinese rifles and submachine guns of various makes.
Dec 04 23:57:11 <E4D> *ones
Dec 04 23:57:21 <E4D> One closer to the front is waving them closer.
Dec 04 23:57:36 <Lilah> "Do you think they are friendly..?"
Dec 04 23:57:44 <Artemis> Artemis stalks ahead, comfortable in his hidden support role. He likes this part kinda.
Dec 04 23:58:11 <Maddy> <They seem that way.> Alice heads over carefullly.
Dec 04 23:58:25 <Tom90deg> Zoe follows Alice.
Dec 04 23:59:14 <E4D> As she passes the men in the street, one runs across, re-stringing the barbed wire. The ones with the weapons keep facing in the direction they came from.
Dec 05 00:00:24 <Tom90deg> "I don't think we're the ones they're looking out for…"
Dec 05 00:00:52 <Nioki> «Could you ask them what the danger is?»
Dec 05 00:02:43 <Maddy> «G-good idea, Alanoch.»
Dec 05 00:04:42 <Maddy> «Someone needs t-to drive if I'm g-going to talk to them.»
Dec 05 00:05:24 <Lilah> Adhelami opens her mouth to offer, and then remembers that driving is not something she knows how to do.
Dec 05 00:05:37 <Dawny> «I can do it…» Jillian offers.
Dec 05 00:05:51 <Tom90deg> «I'll come with you, I'm good at talking to people.»
Dec 05 00:05:52 * Ragazzo (ten.llebcap.10ntks.lsd.40BBF456-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.llebcap.10ntks.lsd.40BBF456-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
Dec 05 00:06:28 <Maddy> Alice hops out. <S'all yours Jill.> Alice heads to the man aving them over.
Dec 05 00:06:51 <Tom90deg> Zoe follows after Alice.
Dec 05 00:06:58 <Dawny> Jillian sighs and puts Samson in the back, then climbs in to drive.
Dec 05 00:07:51 <E4D> The man that waved them through looks about nervously, then jogs over. His features are easily visible under a string of party lights. He's Chinese, maybe about 25 years old.
Dec 05 00:09:04 <E4D> He takes one look at Alice's helmet and cringes.
Dec 05 00:09:08 <Tom90deg> ZOe gives him a slight wave.
Dec 05 00:09:35 <E4D> He's not paying attention. The rifle in his hands stays point at the ground.
Dec 05 00:09:36 <Artemis> Artemis sighs lightly as the man jogs past him obliviously.
Dec 05 00:10:29 <PaulS_laptop> John covers Alice, without being *too* menacing
Dec 05 00:10:40 <Maddy> Alice nods, keying her private line to Jason. «I'm taking off my helmet, cover me?»
Dec 05 00:11:10 <E4D> He looks positively terrified once he noticed the 230-pound stack of hamburger carrying a flamethrower.
Dec 05 00:11:14 <E4D> *s
Dec 05 00:11:34 <E4D> He takes a step back nervously. "W-who are you?"
Dec 05 00:11:46 <E4D> «Copy that, hun.»
Dec 05 00:12:24 <Praetor> Knight shoulders the rifle and pats Medea on the head reassuringly. She quietly *woofs*.
Dec 05 00:12:39 <Maddy> Alice takes her helmet off. "S-survivors, l-like you. J-just with the g-good enough fortune to be heavily a-armed." she smiles warmly.
Dec 05 00:12:59 <Maddy> "S-sorry if we frightened anyone. You can't b-be to careful these days."
Dec 05 00:13:37 * Dexanote (~ten.elbacogc.emoh.AB16CE54-CRInys|alliztahc#ten.elbacogc.emoh.AB16CE54-CRInys|alliztahc) has joined #afteractionmission
Dec 05 00:13:45 <E4D> He turns quickly to the dog, then looks back at Alice. "You're not going to find a lot here."
Dec 05 00:14:22 <Maddy> "You g-guy look like you're e-expecting something pretty b-bad. W-what's the s-situation here?"
Dec 05 00:15:35 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Dexanote
Dec 05 00:17:01 <E4D> He looks back in the direction the LAV came from, then back at John, talking to Alice as he stares. "We've been here for months. People coming back to the island. Some made it to the mainland. No one's getting in or out there. We're stuck here.""
Dec 05 00:17:37 <PaulS_laptop> An eyebrow. "What's on th' mainland?"
Dec 05 00:17:50 <PaulS_laptop> John is about five feet behind and left of Alice, again
Dec 05 00:17:54 <E4D> "PLA."
Dec 05 00:18:19 <Artemis> Is that 'Plah' or 'Pee El Ay'?
Dec 05 00:19:36 <E4D> P.L.A.
Dec 05 00:19:51 <E4D> Pee El Ay
Dec 05 00:20:26 <Praetor> "People's Liberation Army?"
Dec 05 00:20:32 <E4D> The man nods.
Dec 05 00:20:47 <Tom90deg> "The Army's taken over the mainland? Well, be fair, it already did…"
Dec 05 00:21:02 <Maddy> "Hmm, shit must b-be messed up there if they're not letting in and out."
Dec 05 00:21:25 <Maddy> Alice relays this info to Jason over the radio.
Dec 05 00:22:13 <E4D> «Copy.»
Dec 05 00:23:33 <Maddy> "Y-you guys know if there's a-any fuel or a-anything? Anyting of interest on the island?"
Dec 05 00:24:08 <Tom90deg> "Is there any reason why you would want to leave the island? Seems like you could stay here a long while."
Dec 05 00:26:14 * Dexanote is now known as DrFlann
Dec 05 00:26:29 <E4D> "Not a lot here on the island." The man points out toward the wooden structures. "Fishing. There's a few groups here about our size. Maybe a couple hundred of us in ours. Many are farther into the city." He gestures with his rifle toward the buildings.
Dec 05 00:26:49 * DrFlann is now known as ProfChainsawFace
Dec 05 00:27:11 * ProfChainsawFace is now known as Dexanote
Dec 05 00:28:03 <Maddy> Alice nods.
Dec 05 00:28:48 <Artemis> Artemis has a stealthy look around before revealing himself.
Dec 05 00:29:30 <Tom90deg> "Are people trying to leave the island, or are people trying to come here from the mainland?"
Dec 05 00:31:10 <E4D> "The Army has pickets and checkpoints everywhere. There's no going one way or another."
Dec 05 00:31:50 <Maddy> "Would you g-guys mind terribly if we stayed on the island? W-we'll keep out of your hair, m-maybe do some t-trade with some of you guys?"
Dec 05 00:32:22 <Tom90deg> "Is there any reason to want to? These….* Zoe gestures to the barbed wire "don't seem like something to keep away the PLA on the mainland…"
Dec 05 00:32:54 * Dexanote has quit (Quit: See ya)
Dec 05 00:32:56 <E4D> "Not everyone here is as friendly as we are."
Dec 05 00:33:29 <Maddy> "Ah. Fair enough."
Dec 05 00:33:50 <Tom90deg> Zoe nods.
Dec 05 00:34:46 <Nioki> Alanoch keeps watch. Something usually tries to kill them whenever they go out.
Dec 05 00:34:50 <E4D> He looks back to Alice. "I… don't see anything wrong with that. All of the building in this area are vacant, especially on the upper levels. He gestures to an avenue leading off from the boardwalk, about 50 meters away.
Dec 05 00:35:32 <E4D> "Follow the lights."
Dec 05 00:36:11 <Praetor> Knight shifts.
Dec 05 00:36:13 <Tom90deg> Zoe looks up at the buildings. How tall are they?
Dec 05 00:36:48 <E4D> The larger ones are dozens of stories.
Dec 05 00:36:52 <Maddy> «Jason, h-he says there are vacant b-buildings about 50 meters a-away, and t-they don't m-mind us here. Other g-groups have been hostile though.»
Dec 05 00:38:23 <E4D> «Copy. You guys want to post up here for the night? See what we can get figured out tomorrow?»
Dec 05 00:38:41 <Dawny> «Sure…do they have anything they need played with?»
Dec 05 00:38:46 <Tom90deg> «Sounds good to me.»
Dec 05 00:39:17 <Maddy> «Copy, and I d-don't know. It's l-late. M-maybe we c-can talk to them in the morning about helping out.»
Dec 05 00:42:57 <Maddy> Alice nods to the man again. "W-we'll get out of your hair, though w-we have d-doctors and scientists among our r-ranks. W-would you mind us returning to help out later?"
Dec 05 00:43:08 <PaulS_laptop> «Sounds fine»
Dec 05 00:43:18 <Artemis> Artemis steps out of the shadows finally.
Dec 05 00:44:53 <E4D> He nods, then returns to his post.
Dec 05 00:45:24 <Maddy> Alice puts her helmet back on and heads to the LAV. <He s-aid 50 meters, j-just follow the lights.>
Dec 05 00:45:36 <Tom90deg> "Will do."
Dec 05 00:48:04 <Dawny> «Want driver back?»
Dec 05 00:49:56 <Maddy> <Nah, you got it.»
Dec 05 00:50:05 <Maddy> Alice climbs in back.
Dec 05 00:50:22 <Dawny> «Rog» Jillian waits for everyone to be ready, then goes!
Dec 05 00:50:34 <Lilah> Adhelami turns around. Can she do that?? SHE TURNS AROUND AND GRINS AT ALICE
Dec 05 00:51:02 <Lilah> "They were friendly? That is good." =D "Do they have any supplies?"
Dec 05 00:51:02 <E4D> The avenue the man indicated is easy enough to spot.
Dec 05 00:51:36 <E4D> A line of party lights stretches down through the turn, splitting off at intervals to various buildings.
Dec 05 00:52:01 <Maddy> <N-not much, and p-probably not even enough for themselves. W-we'll talk more to them about it tomorrow.> she sighs. <Though there a-are other groups who a-are not as friendly apparently.>
Dec 05 00:52:39 <Lilah> "Hm…" Adhelami frowns a little, "That does not sound pleasant. Do you think we may have to fight them?"
Dec 05 00:53:53 <Maddy> <I hope not, b-but we'll d-defend ourselves if we h-have to.>
Dec 05 00:56:02 <Tom90deg> "Which one is ours?"
Dec 05 00:56:26 * Dawny has quit (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.87 [Firefox 8.0/20111104165243])
Dec 05 00:56:38 <Praetor> "I'll put Medea and Medusa out to help keep watch tonight."
Dec 05 00:57:21 * Praetor is now known as Aura
Dec 05 00:57:44 * Aura is now known as Praetor
Dec 05 00:58:06 <E4D> One of the buildings toward the end looks fairly obviously vacant.
Dec 05 00:58:25 <E4D> No one's milling outside like several of the others.
Dec 05 00:58:50 <E4D> Looks like an office building.
Dec 05 00:59:16 <Tom90deg> "We need to do at least a quick search before we settle in…."
Dec 05 00:59:43 <Maddy> «Jason, you w-wanna help clear it?»
Dec 05 01:00:15 <Tom90deg> "I say we take the top floor if we can. Make it harder for anyone to get to us."
Dec 05 01:00:44 * Nusquam (ten.tenreitnorf.ai.ddtf.20rd.8D867CE6-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.tenreitnorf.ai.ddtf.20rd.8D867CE6-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
Dec 05 01:00:45 * ChanServ sets mode +a #afteractionmission Nusquam
Dec 05 01:00:45 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Nusquam
Dec 05 01:00:57 <Tom90deg> "We should radio the boat as well, tell them we're not dead."
Dec 05 01:02:08 * PaulS_laptop1 (~PI.2447D932.FF38DDE6.87DBB877|luap#PI.2447D932.FF38DDE6.87DBB877|luap) has joined #afteractionmission
Dec 05 01:02:46 <E4D> «O' course.»
Dec 05 01:02:49 * PaulS_laptop has quit (Ping timeout)
Dec 05 01:03:10 <Tom90deg> «So, shall we start our sweep?»
Dec 05 01:03:46 <Maddy> «I'll just p-pop of a message to the Hucks.»
Dec 05 01:04:23 <Artemis> Artemis is about, ready for the sweep.
Dec 05 01:04:36 <Maddy> «Or J-jason will.» she laughs.
Dec 05 01:04:41 <Tom90deg> Zoe is also ready to sweep.
Dec 05 01:04:42 <E4D> «Got it, hun.» Jason tromps out the back. «Two by two.»
Dec 05 01:04:56 <E4D> <Top down.>
Dec 05 01:05:18 <Maddy> <Roger.> Alice follows.
Dec 05 01:05:24 <Tom90deg> Zoe also follows
Dec 05 01:05:32 <Artemis> Artemis follow follows.
Dec 05 01:05:58 <E4D> Jason leads leads leads.
Dec 05 01:07:25 <Artemis> Artemis unsheathes his lance as they walk, awaiting orders.
Dec 05 01:08:12 <E4D> Jason enters the lobby, weapon swinging wide, and immediately begins looking for stairs.
Dec 05 01:09:24 <Artemis> Artemis sweeps in opposite Jason, leveling is pistol.
Dec 05 01:10:20 <E4D> <Over here.>
Dec 05 01:10:22 <Nioki> Alanoch stays in the LAV, keeping an eye on the outside of the building.
Dec 05 01:10:46 <Artemis> Artemis keeps up with Jason.
Dec 05 01:10:52 <E4D> He opens what appears to be a fire door, leading in with the rifle up a set of stairs.
Dec 05 01:11:21 <Tom90deg> Zoe stays close, looking for any movement.
Dec 05 01:11:29 <Praetor> Knight stays with the vehicle as well, sending the dogs in his stead. They follow Artemis, staying at his back, with their noses to the ground.
Dec 05 01:12:10 <Artemis> Good pups. Artemis hugs the wall (if applicable) as they go.
Dec 05 01:12:12 <Maddy> Alice is right there with him, sweeping for movment
Dec 05 01:12:19 <E4D> «Fuck top down. Area's reported as semi-secure. Again, two by two. Alice and I'll start up top. Leapfrog down.
Dec 05 01:12:51 <Maddy> «Alrighty.»
Dec 05 01:13:24 <Tom90deg> «Right then»
Dec 05 01:14:19 <E4D> Jason peels off from the group with Alice, breaching in the upper floor.
Dec 05 01:15:54 <Praetor> Knight lights a cigarette and says a silent prayer to whatever Elder Thing is listening that nothing dumb happens.
Dec 05 01:16:27 <Artemis> Artemis heads down to the next floor, presumably with the others, to sweep that one.
Dec 05 01:16:28 <Tom90deg> Zoe does whatever she's supposd to do when Jason told her to Leapfrog
Dec 05 01:18:46 <E4D> Long story short, the building's clear.
Dec 05 01:19:18 <Lilah> «Is everything alright, everyone?»
Dec 05 01:19:47 <Tom90deg> «Nothing to report.»
Dec 05 01:19:49 <Artemis> «Oui, Sehlvi.»
Dec 05 01:20:37 <Maddy> «Yep, t-things are looking good.»
Dec 05 01:21:06 <Lilah> «Ah, ok, may I enter?» She is now outside the LAV.
Dec 05 01:21:38 <Artemis> Artemis trots down a floor to the ground level. «Oui.»
Dec 05 01:23:41 <Maddy> Back to IC
Dec 05 01:23:47 <Lilah> Whee! Adhelami joins Artemis!
Dec 05 01:25:29 <E4D> Jason heads down to the ground floor and retrieves his and Alice's sustainment packs, and promptly trudges back up the 6 flights of stairs.
Dec 05 01:25:46 <E4D> That corner office with the lounge looked mighty promising.