Interloper

May 15 20:29:42 <WalrusKing> Anyone watching over the walls of the compound, roll perception.
May 15 20:30:12 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3 let's say he's dithering about looking outwards dry fire drilling
May 15 20:30:13 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: let's say he's dithering about looking outwards dry fire drilling: 1 (4df+3=0, -, -, 0)
May 15 20:30:15 <MonkeyBomb> "This monstrosity is Ace." He points to the dog, who is currently peeing on a nearby bush.
May 15 20:30:21 <PaulS_laptop> burning an AP to reroll
May 15 20:30:25 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3
May 15 20:30:25 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: 2 (4df+3=0, -, 0, 0)
May 15 20:30:53 <Maddy> "He's an alsatiian?"
May 15 20:31:03 <MonkeyBomb> "A what now?"
May 15 20:31:25 <Maddy> "Oh ah, a german shepard?"
May 15 20:31:34 <MonkeyBomb> "Ah. Yeah."
May 15 20:32:02 <MonkeyBomb> "He's about 2 years old now, I think. I've been with him ever since shit hit the fan."
May 15 20:33:01 <WalrusKing> Matt notices something a fairly long ways off, in the distance, almost hidden by some buildings. Looks like … you couldn't quite catch it. Ilya seems to be straining to see something too.
May 15 20:33:20 <Gara> John hums to himself.
May 15 20:33:27 <PaulS_laptop> "I got movement!"
May 15 20:33:33 <Maddy> "Good to have a companio-."
May 15 20:33:33 <PaulS_laptop> "Couldn't quite make it out"
May 15 20:33:57 <WalrusKing> Everyone roll perception.
May 15 20:34:04 <Gara> 4df+3 BUT WHERE.
May 15 20:34:05 <CROM> Gara: BUT WHERE.: 2 (4df+3=+, 0, -, -)
May 15 20:34:08 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3 Eyeballs!
May 15 20:34:08 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: Eyeballs!: 3 (4df+3=-, +, +, -)
May 15 20:34:20 <Maddy> 4df+3
May 15 20:34:21 <CROM> Maddy: 2 (4df+3=0, +, -, -)
May 15 20:34:25 <WalrusKing> 4df+3
May 15 20:34:26 <CROM> WalrusKing: 1 (4df+3=0, 0, -, -)
May 15 20:34:27 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3 again with the seeing!
May 15 20:34:27 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: again with the seeing!: 1 (4df+3=-, -, 0, 0)
May 15 20:34:40 <Maddy> Hikaru makes her way to the wall.
May 15 20:35:09 <MonkeyBomb> Brock does as well. Ace hesitates to leave the ball, but follows shortly when he sees that Brock isn't coming back.
May 15 20:36:07 <Gara> John moves with Hikaru, looking around.
May 15 20:36:16 <WalrusKing> All of you see it. Way off in the distance, something in the sky. Looks like a signaling flare?
May 15 20:36:31 <PaulS_laptop> "…"
May 15 20:36:44 <Maddy> She squints. "Hmmmm."
May 15 20:36:56 <MonkeyBomb> "Oh shit."
May 15 20:37:16 <MonkeyBomb> "Is that what I think it is?"
May 15 20:37:43 <PaulS_laptop> "Some kinda flare?"
May 15 20:38:10 <MonkeyBomb> "Think we should go check it out?"
May 15 20:38:13 <Maddy> "Perhaps the New Zealand military is doing something."
May 15 20:38:14 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3 Can Matt range it in the scope to get an idea of how far out, relative to other stuff?
May 15 20:38:15 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: Can Matt range it in the scope to get an idea of how far out, relative to other stuff?: 4 (4df+3=0, 0, 0, +)
May 15 20:38:18 <Gara> "Something that draws lots of attention?"
May 15 20:38:49 <WalrusKing> Ilya stands up. "I think it may be? He scratches his head. "When I go trapping in the Vietnam, we have flare for emergency, but never use."
May 15 20:38:55 <PaulS_laptop> "Think we should take the truck?"
May 15 20:39:04 <Maddy> "Hmm you're right, the force I saw wasn't terribly large, they likely woudnt call attention too much if they could avoid it."
May 15 20:39:13 <Gara> "Yeah."
May 15 20:39:26 <MonkeyBomb> "That's definitely a flare of some kind…"
May 15 20:39:28 <Gara> "Alright. Hikaru. You've got a gun?"
May 15 20:39:29 <WalrusKing> Paul: Looks like it might be a few miles out. Probably less than ten?
May 15 20:39:34 <Gara> "If not, do you shoot and what?"
May 15 20:39:52 <Maddy> "I do." she points to the PDW on her back all ME style.
May 15 20:39:56 <PaulS_laptop> "Couple miles out. Definitely gotta take the truck"
May 15 20:40:02 <Gara> "Great."
May 15 20:40:07 <Maddy> It's either magnets or magic. What's the difference, in the end.
May 15 20:40:10 <PaulS_laptop> matt gets up from where he was, slings the sniper rifle, and walks for the truck
May 15 20:40:14 <MonkeyBomb> Brock steps back from the fence and checks his rifle.
May 15 20:40:23 <MonkeyBomb> He follows Matt.
May 15 20:40:32 <PaulS_laptop> "Who's driving?"
May 15 20:40:32 <WalrusKing> Ilya is looking around. "If you are going, I will stay on the guard."
May 15 20:40:35 <Gara> John has his Fancy AR and his Fancy Pistol.
May 15 20:40:48 <Gara> "Not it." John gets in the back of the truck.
May 15 20:40:54 <Maddy> Soe does Hikaru. "Alright, Mr. Chuzhoi."
May 15 20:41:08 <Gara> "Alright, Ilya."
May 15 20:41:11 <PaulS_laptop> "You want it?" to Brock
May 15 20:41:15 <Maddy> "The one thing I like about New Zeland most, is the wheel is on the right side."
May 15 20:41:31 <Gara> "No it's on the wrong side."
May 15 20:41:55 <Maddy> "Says you." she pinches at him.
May 15 20:42:03 <PaulS_laptop> Matt takes shotgun
May 15 20:42:18 <WalrusKing> Ilya sits back down in his corner, but looks awake.
May 15 20:42:39 <WalrusKing> He waves at you, and goes back to checking different sightlines
May 15 20:42:40 <MonkeyBomb> Brock tells Ace to hop in/onto the truck.
May 15 20:42:48 <MonkeyBomb> "Stay."
May 15 20:42:52 <MonkeyBomb> wagwagwag
May 15 20:43:12 <PaulS_laptop> Matt pops a loaded mag into the M40
May 15 20:43:26 <MonkeyBomb> He jumps into the driver seat and starts the engine.
May 15 20:43:42 <Maddy> Hikaru gets in wherever she fits
May 15 20:43:59 <MonkeyBomb> "This could be a trap, obviously, so let's be smart."
May 15 20:44:28 <PaulS_laptop> "yeah"
May 15 20:44:28 <WalrusKing> Looks like this might be up northish
May 15 20:44:31 <Maddy> "I could perform some recognizance."
May 15 20:44:53 <WalrusKing> A ways past the trouble area with the bandits and the Japanese ladies with octarms
May 15 20:45:05 <MonkeyBomb> He checks the gas gauge. "Probably a good idea. Everybody ready?"
May 15 20:45:39 <Maddy> "Yes."
May 15 20:45:40 <Gara> "ready."
May 15 20:46:19 <MonkeyBomb> Brock eases the truck out onto the main road, heading north, towards the mysterious flare.
May 15 20:46:19 <PaulS_laptop> "Yup"
May 15 20:46:25 <PaulS_laptop> Matt keeps an eye out
May 15 20:47:01 <MonkeyBomb> Ace enjoys the wind in his face, and his ears flop about.
May 15 20:50:15 <WalrusKing> Its gotten sort of dark, but you get along well enough. You're still a few minutes out when a light explodes into view in the direction the signaling flare was in. It begins to almost imperceptibly lower. Anyone having ever seen illumination flares, this is probably one. Immediately afterwards, theres gunfire in that direction.
May 15 20:50:18 <PaulS_laptop> "Really wish I had a pair of binoculars, at times"
May 15 20:50:28 <PaulS_laptop> redact
May 15 20:50:34 <PaulS_laptop> "aw, shit."
May 15 20:50:39 <MonkeyBomb> Brock slows down.
May 15 20:50:47 <MonkeyBomb> Eventually coming to a stop.
May 15 20:51:09 <PaulS_laptop> He leans out of the truck window to talk to the people behind them "We still going onward?"
May 15 20:51:10 <MonkeyBomb> He looks at Matt. "Think this is a good idea?"
May 15 20:51:23 <PaulS_laptop> "Well, if I was the dude popping off flares?"
May 15 20:51:26 <PaulS_laptop> "Probably"
May 15 20:51:49 <Maddy> Hikaru pulls her gun off her back and gets ready to jump out if need be.
May 15 20:52:51 <WalrusKing> The gunfire seems to mostly be a few volleys, punctuated by single shots.
May 15 20:55:03 * Gara has quit (Ping timeout: 180 seconds)
May 15 21:09:52 * Gara (elttil.oot.leef.hcum|oot.kniht#elttil.oot.leef.hcum|oot.kniht) has joined #afteractionmission
May 15 21:10:54 <Maddy> "Perhaps I can get closer and report back?"
May 15 21:12:55 <MonkeyBomb> "If you think you can do that without getting shot, go for it."
May 15 21:13:18 * MonkeyBomb is now known as MankeyBimb
May 15 21:13:52 <Maddy> Hikaru looks at the surrounding area, any ways to approach the area of fire stealthily?
May 15 21:13:57 <MankeyBimb> Brock stops the truck and steps out, peering off into the direction of the flares.
May 15 21:14:43 <PaulS_laptop> Matt dismounts
May 15 21:14:47 <WalrusKing> You're still a little ways out. Not too much to be seen from here. The flare is starting to peeter out, and the gunfire has slowed. A volley seems to exchange with the single shots.
May 15 21:14:53 <PaulS_laptop> "Nobody goes alone."
May 15 21:15:03 <PaulS_laptop> "brock, think you can hide the truck somewhere?"
May 15 21:15:13 <MankeyBimb> "…Yes." He gets back in
May 15 21:15:14 <MankeyBimb> .
May 15 21:16:15 <Maddy> "Hmm." Hikaru sits pretty.
May 15 21:16:22 <MankeyBimb> After everybody hops out or whatever, Brock drives the truck into an overgrown backyard behind one of the houses without a fence.
May 15 21:16:25 <PaulS_laptop> "Alrighty then."
May 15 21:16:41 <PaulS_laptop> "Now, let's head out. Hopefully nothing eats the truck"
May 15 21:16:53 <MankeyBimb> "Don't jinx it, man."
May 15 21:17:19 <PaulS_laptop> "Just sayin. That shit already happened once"
May 15 21:17:20 <Maddy> "Ha this happened before?"
May 15 21:17:23 <Maddy> "Oh."
May 15 21:17:29 <PaulS_laptop> Matt dismounts again
May 15 21:17:45 <MankeyBimb> Brock dismounts.
May 15 21:17:48 <WalrusKing> The flare goes out while you're doing all this. Seems like the commotion is up the road a ways. The gunfire has stopped.
May 15 21:18:04 <PaulS_laptop> "Silence can either be really good. or really fuckin bad"
May 15 21:18:10 <PaulS_laptop> "Let's take it slow"
May 15 21:18:12 <Maddy> "Let's be cautious."
May 15 21:18:12 <MankeyBimb> "I'm leaning towards bad."
May 15 21:18:28 <PaulS_laptop> Matt walks as quietly as possible, while still maintaining good speed
May 15 21:18:34 <MankeyBimb> "Always assume the worst, or don't assume at all." Brock whispers as he walks.
May 15 21:18:52 <MankeyBimb> He's such a poet.
May 15 21:19:06 <Maddy> Hikaru, who must have changed shoes before you left, is quite light of food.
May 15 21:19:13 <Gara> Food?
May 15 21:19:17 <Gara> John is hungry.
May 15 21:19:26 <Maddy> foot shut up
May 15 21:19:34 <MankeyBimb> feet don't talk
May 15 21:19:41 <PaulS_laptop> no, but one foot does
May 15 21:19:46 <WalrusKing> A few more shots ring out in the night air as you walk, quite close now.
May 15 21:20:03 <MankeyBimb> Brock crouches down a bit, trying to see anything in the darkness.
May 15 21:20:05 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3 can matt identify anything specific about those shots?
May 15 21:20:05 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: can matt identify anything specific about those shots?: 5 (4df+3=+, +, +, -)
May 15 21:20:12 <MankeyBimb> Are they in a suburban area?
May 15 21:20:19 <PaulS_laptop> caliber/distance/direction/coming or going
May 15 21:20:38 <WalrusKing> MankeyBimb: yes
May 15 21:21:33 <WalrusKing> Paul: going, about 100m up the road maybe? But behind a building or something. Sounds like something shitty but automatic.
May 15 21:22:07 <Maddy> "I'll scout a little ways ahead."
May 15 21:22:11 <MankeyBimb> Ace doesn't like the sounds of gunfire. His tail is down and his ears are alert.
May 15 21:22:31 <PaulS_laptop> "Aight" Matt's voice is low. He slows his pace some to let the japanese cchick take point
May 15 21:22:40 <PaulS_laptop> the rifle is in his hands now
May 15 21:22:46 <Maddy> She heads forwards, making a effot to stay in shadows, against walls, etcetc.
May 15 21:22:53 <WalrusKing> After a few seconds a second light explodes in the air above. A few more volleys of something definitely automatic cut in just after that, and then stop as a few more single shots happen.
May 15 21:22:55 <MankeyBimb> Brock pretty much mirrors Matt.
May 15 21:23:33 <WalrusKing> Its close, damn close. Looks like there might be a parking lot or something up 100m up on the left.
May 15 21:23:37 <WalrusKing> Perception
May 15 21:23:54 <MankeyBimb> He tries to stay out of the light created by the flare by weaving in and out of the moving shadows cast by the light.
May 15 21:23:55 <Maddy> She keeps an eye out for a way to pull herself onto a room in an emergency.
May 15 21:23:58 <Maddy> 4df+3 eye
May 15 21:23:59 <CROM> Maddy: eye: 7 (4df+3=+, +, +, +)
May 15 21:24:01 <MankeyBimb> 4df+3
May 15 21:24:01 <CROM> MankeyBimb: 4 (4df+3=-, +, 0, +)
May 15 21:24:54 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+5 tagging, burning an AP because he's a pretty good stalker
May 15 21:24:55 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: tagging, burning an AP because he's a pretty good stalker: 6 (4df+5=0, 0, +, 0)
May 15 21:25:39 <WalrusKing> Muzzle flash up at the end of the parking lot.
May 15 21:25:57 <WalrusKing> Looks about at a second story height.
May 15 21:26:05 <WalrusKing> Matches up with the single shots.
May 15 21:26:35 <PaulS_laptop> "incoming fire."
May 15 21:26:38 <PaulS_laptop> whispered
May 15 21:27:02 <PaulS_laptop> Matt ducks behind something to provide concealment and waits for fire from the other side
May 15 21:27:03 <WalrusKing> Gunshots stop happening. The flare burns on overhead.
May 15 21:27:14 <Maddy> [Shit.] She heads back a little. "Sounds like we have maybe one in the complex."
May 15 21:27:45 <MankeyBimb> "Looks like."
May 15 21:28:56 <Gara> 4df+3 what
May 15 21:28:57 <CROM> Gara: what: 4 (4df+3=0, +, 0, 0)
May 15 21:29:03 <WalrusKing> Gara?
May 15 21:29:06 <PaulS_laptop> Matt brings up his rifle and uses it to see if he can't get a better view
May 15 21:29:11 <Gara> Perc.
May 15 21:29:14 <WalrusKing> o, perception
May 15 21:29:19 <MankeyBimb> John looks into the past.
May 15 21:29:26 <WalrusKing> John also sees the flash when everyone else saw it
May 15 21:29:38 <Gara> John is going to keep in cover with the truck.
May 15 21:29:54 <WalrusKing> John: das like, way up the road
May 15 21:30:06 <Maddy> "With that much crossfire, I'm not sure I could scout who's ont the ground safely."
May 15 21:30:12 <WalrusKing> Matt perc
May 15 21:30:17 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3 again
May 15 21:30:18 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: again: 6 (4df+3=+, +, +, 0)
May 15 21:30:21 <MankeyBimb> Noice.
May 15 21:30:27 <PaulS_laptop> "Then we'll do it from a distance"
May 15 21:30:53 <PaulS_laptop> he's looking through his scope. "Maybe sweep around the side til we see what's going on"
May 15 21:31:00 <Gara> "Alright. Where to?"
May 15 21:31:51 <WalrusKing> Theres a building at the other end of the parking lot, looks like some sort of office building. Two storied. Plenty of first and second window estate, all or most of the windows are busted. Plenty of bulletholes. Can't see too well inside, the light isn't consistent enough. One of these second story windows is probably the shooters loc
May 15 21:32:08 <WalrusKing> based on the muzzle flash you saw anyways
May 15 21:32:20 <Maddy> "If there is only one in the comples, which is a huge if, it might be a good place for you long distance shooters?"
May 15 21:32:27 <WalrusKing> Theres a suite of buildings on your side of the parking lot
May 15 21:32:30 <WalrusKing> on your left
May 15 21:32:37 <WalrusKing> up just a bit ahead
May 15 21:33:19 <PaulS_laptop> "We swing left. The shooter's up in that office building, think he's on the second floor. If we go left through those buildings, we should be able to avoid fire from him and see what's up"
May 15 21:33:26 <Gara> "Alright."
May 15 21:33:42 <PaulS_laptop> "Opinion?" to brock and the jap girl who I don't remember her name
May 15 21:33:51 <MankeyBimb> "Sounds good to me."
May 15 21:33:58 <Maddy> "Sounds solid." says Hikaru
May 15 21:34:17 <MankeyBimb> "Should we wait for the flare to burn out before moving?"
May 15 21:34:27 <Maddy> "Probably a good idea."
May 15 21:34:28 <MankeyBimb> "Don't want to attract any unwanted attention."
May 15 21:34:32 <WalrusKing> 1d4
May 15 21:34:33 <CROM> WalrusKing: 3 (1d4=3)
May 15 21:34:52 <WalrusKing> Matt: pdef
May 15 21:34:55 <PaulS_laptop> "nah. If the flare's up, we can see what we're doing too"
May 15 21:35:12 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3 Please don't hit the guy trying to maybe save you
May 15 21:35:13 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: Please don't hit the guy trying to maybe save you: 2 (4df+3=-, -, 0, +)
May 15 21:35:18 <WalrusKing> 4df+2
May 15 21:35:19 <CROM> WalrusKing: 2 (4df+2=0, 0, +, -)
May 15 21:36:04 <WalrusKing> Matt: muzzle flash in the distant window, you hear the characterstic noise of a bullet just missing its mark. You are almost certainly that mark.
May 15 21:36:11 <MankeyBimb> "Nevermind."
May 15 21:36:45 <PaulS_laptop> Matt ducks out of the way "Move! now"
May 15 21:36:56 <PaulS_laptop> to the others
May 15 21:37:01 <MankeyBimb> Brock scatters, trying to stay out of the line-of-sight of either shooter.
May 15 21:37:09 <Maddy> Hikaru ducks into come kinda cover.
May 15 21:37:20 <MankeyBimb> "Damn."
May 15 21:37:51 <WalrusKing> The building on the left has a gaping hole of a door towards you. The stuff on the right has a fence. Maybe jumpeable?
May 15 21:37:58 <PaulS_laptop> "Left, through the buildings"
May 15 21:38:14 <Maddy> "Hai." She rolls in
May 15 21:38:15 <MankeyBimb> Brock makes a break for it, Ace chasing after him.
May 15 21:38:18 <Gara> John moves left, through the door!
May 15 21:38:21 <PaulS_laptop> Matt moves last
May 15 21:38:51 <MankeyBimb> Brock pulls out his flashlight once they're inside. He's careful not to let the light reveal their position from outside, though.
May 15 21:39:14 <WalrusKing> Matt: a shot whistles off towards your right, pretty off the mark.
May 15 21:39:25 <WalrusKing> Everyone gets inside alright
May 15 21:40:00 <MankeyBimb> "Guess we aren't as ninja as we thought we were." Brock scans the room with the beam from the flashlight.
May 15 21:40:04 <PaulS_laptop> Matt keeps moving, avoiding windows, trying to find another way to move left and circle around through those buildings he saw
May 15 21:40:06 <WalrusKing> Brock: looks like it might have been some sort of convenience store once. Got nice big front facing windows towards the shooters location, but the illumination in here is shitty.
May 15 21:40:34 <MankeyBimb> He's really careful not to shine it towards the windows then.
May 15 21:40:39 <WalrusKing> Matt: so not in through the door but more leftwards?
May 15 21:40:45 <WalrusKing> No more shots
May 15 21:40:52 <Maddy> Hikaru immediately looks for a place to climb onto, like a shelf or omething.
May 15 21:41:08 <Gara> John keeps behind Matt.
May 15 21:41:09 <PaulS_laptop> he entered the building, but he's looking for a back door or anything like that
May 15 21:41:24 <MankeyBimb> Brock looks — Nevermind, Matt's on the ball.
May 15 21:41:28 <PaulS_laptop> "Brock, you gotta light, right?" Can you find us a way out?"
May 15 21:41:35 <PaulS_laptop> "I can't see for shit in here"
May 15 21:41:35 <MankeyBimb> He's looking.
May 15 21:41:40 <WalrusKing> Hikaru: plenty of those.
May 15 21:41:46 <MankeyBimb> "Yeah." Brock makes his way to the back of the store.
May 15 21:42:17 <Maddy> She makes note and keeps moving with the others.
May 15 21:42:22 <WalrusKing> Brock: looks like there might be a service door on your left. Perception anyone near the door.
May 15 21:42:27 <MankeyBimb> He holds his rifle in one hand, and the flashlight in the other.
May 15 21:42:28 <MankeyBimb> 4df+3
May 15 21:42:29 <CROM> MankeyBimb: 2 (4df+3=-, +, 0, -)
May 15 21:42:51 <Maddy> 4df+3 Hikaru gets her flashlight out.
May 15 21:42:52 <CROM> Maddy: Hikaru gets her flashlight out.: 5 (4df+3=+, +, +, -)
May 15 21:43:11 <Gara> John doesn't seem to have a flashlight.
May 15 21:43:18 <PaulS_laptop> Matt also lacks one
May 15 21:43:21 <WalrusKing> hearing perception if it matters
May 15 21:43:33 <MankeyBimb> Ace might hear stuff, but he has 0 perception.
May 15 21:43:52 <Gara> 4df+3 Listen!
May 15 21:43:52 <CROM> Gara: Listen!: 0 (4df+3=0, -, -, -)
May 15 21:43:55 <Gara> Nope.
May 15 21:43:56 <Gara> Deaf.
May 15 21:44:12 <MankeyBimb> 4df+2 Tagging It's a Dog's Life
May 15 21:44:13 <CROM> MankeyBimb: Tagging It's a Dog's Life: 3 (4df+2=0, +, 0, 0)
May 15 21:44:15 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3 Matt has passable ears
May 15 21:44:16 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: Matt has passable ears: 4 (4df+3=0, -, +, +)
May 15 21:44:42 <WalrusKing> Monkeybomb: that second one for ace?
May 15 21:44:56 <MankeyBimb> Yes, but feel free to disregard it if you must.
May 15 21:46:43 <MankeyBimb> Ace's ears twitch a little.
May 15 21:47:09 <MankeyBimb> The flashlight's probably not on him, so nobody notices most likely.
May 15 21:47:50 <PaulS_laptop> "I hear movement"
May 15 21:47:55 <Gara> He stills.
May 15 21:47:58 <MankeyBimb> Brock stops.
May 15 21:48:53 <PaulS_laptop> Matt points at the door, then moves /quietly/ up against the wall beside it, slinging the rifle and drawing his pistol
May 15 21:49:10 <Maddy> Hikaru creeps forward to put her ear to the door, motioning for the to wait.
May 15 21:49:14 <Maddy> *them
May 15 21:49:26 <MankeyBimb> Brock tries to be silent.
May 15 21:49:46 <MankeyBimb> He sits the flashlight on a shelf and points it towards the door so he can use his rifle.
May 15 21:51:32 <MankeyBimb> *sets
May 15 21:51:39 <MankeyBimb> (yay grammar)
May 15 21:52:30 <Maddy> She holds up two fingers, then tilts her hand back and forth, trying to say maybe, then jerks her thumb up.
May 15 21:52:58 <PaulS_laptop> Matt nods
May 15 21:52:59 <Maddy> Suddenly she pulls up 3 fingers then one to her lips before shifting aggainst the wall.
May 15 21:53:05 <MankeyBimb> Brock nods. He covers the door from where he's standing.
May 15 21:53:16 <PaulS_laptop> points at John, then at the door, then holds up three fingers
May 15 21:53:19 <PaulS_laptop> two fingers
May 15 21:53:30 <Maddy> Could she scale a shelf quietly?
May 15 21:53:32 <PaulS_laptop> 1 finger. As if to say "get the door"
May 15 21:53:55 <WalrusKing> Maddy: yeah, but they don't go up that high
May 15 21:54:01 <Maddy> Disregard then.
May 15 21:54:32 <WalrusKing> Anyone listening is going to hear footsteps coming in the direction of the door.
May 15 21:54:40 <MankeyBimb> Ace is silent.
May 15 21:54:51 <Gara> John gets the door, crouching by it, pistol out. He pushes it open.
May 15 21:55:04 <WalrusKing> Pause
May 15 21:55:06 <PaulS_laptop> matt puts his last finger down, and gets ready to swing around
May 15 21:55:37 <MankeyBimb> Note: The flashlight and Brock's rifle are both aimed directly at the now-open door.
May 15 21:56:09 <WalrusKing> Noted
May 15 21:57:27 <WalrusKing> The door swings open to reveal a tall guy in a dirty jacket holding what looks like an uzi walking towards the door down a hallway extremely similar to the one on your side. His eyes are in the process of widening, he is drawing in breath.
May 15 21:57:51 <WalrusKing> carry one
May 15 21:57:52 <WalrusKing> *on
May 15 21:58:17 <MankeyBimb> "Don't move," Brock growls.
May 15 21:58:34 <Gara> John stands, pistol level to his head.
May 15 21:58:48 <Maddy> Hikaru's gun is also on him.
May 15 21:59:00 <Gara> "Lay it down."
May 15 21:59:07 <PaulS_laptop> Matt swings around and takes a knee to avoid blocking fire from the others while this is happening
May 15 21:59:22 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+1 agil to ranged maneuver
May 15 21:59:23 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: agil to ranged maneuver: 1 (4df+1=+, -, +, -)
May 15 21:59:29 <PaulS_laptop> welp, guess that's not happening
May 15 22:00:12 <WalrusKing> The guy swings the uzi upwards and lets out a yell. "HEY-"
May 15 22:00:31 <Maddy> "Don't be stupid."
May 15 22:00:59 <Gara> "Lay it down, or a bullet in the head."
May 15 22:02:36 <WalrusKing> A volley of bullets flies down their little hallway, at the door. Its coming in at too oblique an angle to hit anyone on your side of the door though. The uzi continues its path upwards, and the dude stumbles backwards clumsily.
May 15 22:02:49 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+6 second AP. "DROPTHEWEAPONCHICKENFUCKER". Called shot, to the uzi in his hand. 9mm pistol.
May 15 22:02:50 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: second AP. "DROPTHEWEAPONCHICKENFUCKER". Called shot, to the uzi in his hand. 9mm pistol.: 6 (4df+6=0, -, +, 0)
May 15 22:04:18 <WalrusKing> The uzi flies out of his hand. Anyone without ear protection on is going to have some cringe moments, as the uzi fire from the neighboring shop's main floor is unsupressed.
May 15 22:04:35 <PaulS_laptop> Matt is yelling because he can't hear
May 15 22:04:48 <MankeyBimb> 4df+4 Rifle round to the leg, bitch.
May 15 22:04:48 <CROM> MankeyBimb: Rifle round to the leg, bitch.: 6 (4df+4=0, +, +, 0)
May 15 22:05:06 <WalrusKing> 4df+3 coward powers go
May 15 22:05:07 <CROM> WalrusKing: coward powers go: 1 (4df+3=-, 0, 0, -)
May 15 22:05:22 <PaulS_laptop> matt mentally shrugs
May 15 22:05:34 <MankeyBimb> Brock needed to shoot someone.
May 15 22:05:46 <WalrusKing> The guy turns to flee towards the main show and eats a rifle round to the leg. He falls over screaming.
May 15 22:06:01 <PaulS_laptop> Matt is up and moving
May 15 22:06:13 <PaulS_laptop> "COVERME" he's moving to the guy
May 15 22:06:22 <Maddy> Hikaru covers
May 15 22:06:38 <WalrusKing> There is shouting from the neighboring shop, indistinct and then "THE FUCKERS LITTLE FRIENDS HUH? WE'LL BURY YOU FUCKERS."
May 15 22:06:39 <MankeyBimb> Brock watches the entrance to the store while people move.
May 15 22:06:57 <MankeyBimb> "Friendly bunch."
May 15 22:07:01 <WalrusKing> Brock: nothing. The light from the flare looks about ready to give out.
May 15 22:07:14 <Maddy> "WE don't know what you're talking about. We came for the flare."
May 15 22:07:41 <WalrusKing> Matt: you move to the guy. He is clutching his leg. He seems almost in shock.
May 15 22:08:21 <WalrusKing> "FUCK YOU. BACK OFF ASSHOLES, HIS STUFFS OURS."
May 15 22:08:51 <MankeyBimb> Who's yelling?
May 15 22:08:56 <PaulS_laptop> He hastily undoes his belt and does his best to whisper to the guy "you scream, I'm gonna put a bullet in your gob", whipping off his belt.
May 15 22:09:10 <Maddy> "Oooh, someone has stuff. Shall I go see where it is?"
May 15 22:09:21 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+2 Trauma medical. Stop the bleeding. He wants this guy for to question
May 15 22:09:22 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: Trauma medical. Stop the bleeding. He wants this guy for to question: 4 (4df+2=+, 0, +, 0)
May 15 22:09:23 <WalrusKing> coming from the main floor of the neighboring shop
May 15 22:09:33 <MankeyBimb> kk
May 15 22:09:36 <WalrusKing> Matt: you succeed, the guy doesn't react
May 15 22:09:48 <WalrusKing> "HEY FUCK YOU BITCH. WE WERE HERE FIRST."
May 15 22:10:36 <Maddy> "He mentioned the man in the complex may be bleeding out. Pehaps the good doctor and I could go help."
May 15 22:10:37 <PaulS_laptop> "I WANT YOUR STUFF"
May 15 22:11:06 <PaulS_laptop> "If you think you can do some good, go. be careful"
May 15 22:11:14 <Gara> "Lets."
May 15 22:11:15 <WalrusKing> "FUCK YOU, ITS MINE." Theres a volley of gunfire down the hallway towards the door. Doesn't seem like they care about hitting their friend.
May 15 22:11:21 <Gara> He sweaps to his rifle.
May 15 22:11:29 <PaulS_laptop> "I'm gonna mop up these guys. Brock, your call who to go with"
May 15 22:11:39 <PaulS_laptop> Can matt see any of the people firing?
May 15 22:11:44 <Maddy> "Better than youre not alone, sir."
May 15 22:11:48 <Maddy> *that
May 15 22:11:52 <WalrusKing> Looks like one guy is up behind the counter
May 15 22:11:59 <WalrusKing> Perception
May 15 22:12:04 <Gara> 4df+3
May 15 22:12:05 <CROM> Gara: 2 (4df+3=0, -, 0, 0)
May 15 22:12:10 <PaulS_laptop> Matt ducks behind their companion
May 15 22:12:13 <Maddy> 4df+3
May 15 22:12:14 <CROM> Maddy: 3 (4df+3=+, +, -, -)
May 15 22:12:14 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3 spot target
May 15 22:12:15 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: spot target: 6 (4df+3=+, +, +, 0)
May 15 22:12:45 <MankeyBimb> 4df+3
May 15 22:12:45 <CROM> MankeyBimb: 1 (4df+3=-, -, +, -)
May 15 22:12:53 <WalrusKing> Maddy+Matt : the other guy is hidden in the candy stand on your left
May 15 22:13:31 <WalrusKing> Matt: you also hear a tiny intake of breath that doesn't seem to match the other directions.
May 15 22:14:20 <PaulS_laptop> matt points to brock, then in the direction of the breathing, as if to say that there's another over there
May 15 22:14:34 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+4 Rifle comes up, using their buddy as a rest. Using 1 Sniper Rifle ammo and shooting through the candy stand at the guy. Eat Shit And Die
May 15 22:14:34 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: Rifle comes up, using their buddy as a rest. Using 1 Sniper Rifle ammo and shooting through the candy stand at the guy. Eat Shit And Die: 3 (4df+4=0, -, 0, 0)
May 15 22:14:44 <WalrusKing> It's somewhere outside of sightlines of the corridor
May 15 22:15:00 <WalrusKing> 4df+3
May 15 22:15:01 <CROM> WalrusKing: 5 (4df+3=0, 0, +, +)
May 15 22:15:13 <MankeyBimb> Brock watches where Matt pointed.
May 15 22:15:22 <MankeyBimb> He ducks behind a counter or something.
May 15 22:15:35 <WalrusKing> Candy stand guy scurries out of sight.
May 15 22:15:59 <WalrusKing> Counter guy opens fire at you, spraying bullets wildly.
May 15 22:16:04 <WalrusKing> 4df+1
May 15 22:16:04 <CROM> WalrusKing: 1 (4df+1=0, +, 0, -)
May 15 22:16:21 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3 pdef. Worth noting that he's behind their friend
May 15 22:16:22 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: pdef. Worth noting that he's behind their friend: 2 (4df+3=-, 0, +, -)
May 15 22:16:59 <WalrusKing> Matt is fine, the guy he's hiding behind eats shit and gets tagged.
May 15 22:17:08 <WalrusKing> He gurgles, and starts squirming.
May 15 22:17:33 <Gara> 4df+4 I unhurt him.
May 15 22:17:34 <CROM> Gara: I unhurt him.: 5 (4df+4=+, 0, -, +)
May 15 22:17:41 <Maddy> "Are you ok here?"
May 15 22:17:42 <Gara> He can take more.
May 15 22:17:57 <Gara> (Roll wounds to oppose that.)
May 15 22:18:08 <WalrusKing> 4df+3
May 15 22:18:09 <CROM> WalrusKing: 3 (4df+3=+, 0, 0, -)
May 15 22:18:15 <PaulS_laptop> "We're good. You guys take care of that other dude in the house"
May 15 22:18:17 <Gara> He heals.
May 15 22:18:19 <PaulS_laptop> *in the office
May 15 22:18:24 <WalrusKing> The guy starts screaming
May 15 22:18:44 <Gara> "Lets go."
May 15 22:18:54 <MankeyBimb> Is there anybody to shoot?
May 15 22:18:59 <Maddy> She nods and heads back to the door they came in, scanning for a quick method of entry to the building.
May 15 22:19:10 <Gara> John follows the octoarm lady.
May 15 22:19:11 <WalrusKing> The guy behind the counter hasn't ducked by the time Brock can return fire.
May 15 22:19:26 <WalrusKing> Maddy: the one across the parking lot?
May 15 22:19:29 <PaulS_laptop> Matt puts a hand over the guy's mouth "You're gonna stand up with me on three. I know the leg hurts. I'll blow your balls off if you fight me."
May 15 22:19:29 <Maddy> yea
May 15 22:19:48 <WalrusKing> There's a whole bunch of street level entrances
May 15 22:19:49 <Gara> It wouldn't now. It healed.
May 15 22:20:09 <PaulS_laptop> Matt doesn't really know that
May 15 22:20:23 <PaulS_laptop> "One. Two" he waits for Brock to do his thing
May 15 22:20:34 <Gara> John glowed a little blue. If he has seen John's magic before, and I think he has, he'd know.
May 15 22:20:52 <PaulS_laptop> he actually hasn't
May 15 22:20:53 <Maddy> "I trust you can run well."
May 15 22:20:54 <WalrusKing> pause for mankey?
May 15 22:20:57 <Maddy> k
May 15 22:21:40 <WalrusKing> okay
May 15 22:21:43 <WalrusKing> recap of situation
May 15 22:21:55 <WalrusKing> There are two shops
May 15 22:22:02 <WalrusKing> connected by a service entry at the back
May 15 22:22:40 <WalrusKing> You are currently advancing up the hallway of the one on the west (left). Theres a dude behind the counter, another escaped death by boolet from Matt
May 15 22:22:52 <WalrusKing> hes to the left somewhere
May 15 22:23:02 <WalrusKing> Further out front are the windows
May 15 22:23:24 <WalrusKing> Past the windows is the parking lot, and then the building of the longrange shooter
May 15 22:23:29 <WalrusKing> who hasn't shot in a while
May 15 22:24:25 <WalrusKing> Magidoc and Octogirl are looking to leave through the right (East) shop
May 15 22:24:52 <WalrusKing> Brock and Matt and Ace are advancing up the service hallway in the west (left) shop
May 15 22:25:39 <WalrusKing> Questions anyone?
May 15 22:25:58 <MankeyBimb> Can Brock shoot counter guy?
May 15 22:26:12 <WalrusKing> yes, he took a shot but hasn't ducked under it yet
May 15 22:26:19 <MankeyBimb> Goooood.
May 15 22:27:20 <MankeyBimb> 4df+6 Tagging Hunter and expending 1 ammo for sniper rifle special.
May 15 22:27:21 <CROM> MankeyBimb: Tagging Hunter and expending 1 ammo for sniper rifle special.: 6 (4df+6=+, -, -, +)
May 15 22:27:26 <MankeyBimb> Brock spots his prey and fires.
May 15 22:27:32 <WalrusKing> 4df+2
May 15 22:27:33 <CROM> WalrusKing: 4 (4df+2=0, +, 0, +)
May 15 22:28:02 <WalrusKing> Theres a messy splat, and the dude behind the counter falls over backwards with a thud.
May 15 22:28:25 <WalrusKing> Doesn't sound like he's moving.
May 15 22:28:32 <PaulS_laptop> and with that, Matt hoists his newfound hostage upright, with one arm around his neck, and the other hand holding a gun to his head
May 15 22:28:38 <PaulS_laptop> He pushes on forwards down the hallway
May 15 22:28:53 <PaulS_laptop> "IF YOU DON'T WANT YOUR FRIEND TO DIE, DROP THE FUCKIN WEAPONS"
May 15 22:28:55 <MankeyBimb> Brock sends another round into the chamber and stay slightly behind Matt, gun at the ready.
May 15 22:29:11 <Gara> "I run okay."
May 15 22:29:19 <Maddy> "If we make a break for the building, we might be able to sneak up on the injured shooter, if he lives."
May 15 22:29:55 <WalrusKing> Matt + Brock: you just move up forwards behind the hostage?
May 15 22:30:02 <PaulS_laptop> yes
May 15 22:30:05 <MankeyBimb> ^
May 15 22:30:13 <WalrusKing> Hikaru + John: the flare has gone out
May 15 22:30:20 <WalrusKing> its dark out there
May 15 22:30:26 <Gara> "ALright."
May 15 22:31:39 <Maddy> "We could wait for another flare, but t may not come. What do you think?'"
May 15 22:31:40 <WalrusKing> As you round the corner, you have just enough time to see a dark shape standing just around the corner before it lights all three of you up with a burst.
May 15 22:31:48 <WalrusKing> pdef
May 15 22:32:06 <WalrusKing> you three including the hostage here
May 15 22:32:10 <Gara> Okay.
May 15 22:32:16 <PaulS_laptop> any bonus for being behind the hostage?
May 15 22:32:41 <WalrusKing> yeah, forgot to say
May 15 22:32:53 <WalrusKing> +2 for being behind the hostage
May 15 22:33:01 <MankeyBimb> Tagging Meat Shield aspect.
May 15 22:33:02 <MankeyBimb> xD
May 15 22:33:12 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+5 Human shield
May 15 22:33:14 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: Human shield: 6 (4df+5=+, +, 0, -)
May 15 22:33:21 <MankeyBimb> Does that carry over to Brock as well/
May 15 22:33:22 <MankeyBimb> ?
May 15 22:33:37 <WalrusKing> Brock is slightly displaced, so lets say +1 only
May 15 22:33:48 <MankeyBimb> 4df+4 Brock presses up against a wall, trying to avoid bullets.
May 15 22:33:48 <CROM> MankeyBimb: Brock presses up against a wall, trying to avoid bullets.: 6 (4df+4=+, 0, 0, +)
May 15 22:33:53 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+4 using Matt's Power and last AP to shoot same turn. Matt snaps the gun out and fires back. Aiming, again, for the gun
May 15 22:33:54 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: using Matt's Power and last AP to shoot same turn. Matt snaps the gun out and fires back. Aiming, again, for the gun: 2 (4df+4=-, 0, -, 0)
May 15 22:33:55 <MankeyBimb> 4df+3 Dog wofes.
May 15 22:33:55 <CROM> MankeyBimb: Dog wofes.: 1 (4df+3=0, -, -, 0)
May 15 22:34:04 <WalrusKing> 4df+5
May 15 22:34:05 <CROM> WalrusKing: 4 (4df+5=+, -, -, 0)
May 15 22:34:26 <WalrusKing> MankeyBimb: what is dog wofing for?
May 15 22:34:54 <MankeyBimb> Sorry, that was Ace's Pdef.
May 15 22:35:02 <MankeyBimb> Dog wofes and tries not to die.
May 15 22:35:21 <WalrusKing> Doge gets hit :(
May 15 22:35:33 <WalrusKing> -3 body
May 15 22:35:37 <MankeyBimb> Ace squeals pitifully. Brock sees red.
May 15 22:35:40 <MankeyBimb> Holy shit
May 15 22:35:43 <PaulS_laptop> roll shooter Pdef as well
May 15 22:35:48 <WalrusKing> Gimme a sec
May 15 22:36:20 <WalrusKing> Hostage gets hit like a million times, and goes completely limp with a gurgle. This man is probably dead.
May 15 22:36:25 <WalrusKing> 4df+2
May 15 22:36:25 <CROM> WalrusKing: 4 (4df+2=0, +, 0, +)
May 15 22:36:43 <PaulS_laptop> that's a miss
May 15 22:37:12 <WalrusKing> Yup. The clever fucker who camped the corner starts to back pedal furiously while still holding down the trigger.
May 15 22:37:18 <WalrusKing> It clicks.
May 15 22:37:20 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+4 Matt drops the guy, and shoots on his regular turn now. Fuck it, headshot time.
May 15 22:37:21 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: Matt drops the guy, and shoots on his regular turn now. Fuck it, headshot time.: 3 (4df+4=0, -, +, -)
May 15 22:37:33 <WalrusKing> 4df+2
May 15 22:37:33 <CROM> WalrusKing: 1 (4df+2=-, +, 0, -)
May 15 22:37:47 <MankeyBimb> Please don't die. Please don't die. Brock wants to kill him himself.
May 15 22:38:12 <Maddy> "That doesn't sound good, Dr. Perhaps you should see to them and I can head to the building?
May 15 22:38:22 <Gara> "Yeah I'm on it."
May 15 22:38:27 <WalrusKing> It looks like a hit, and the guy stumbles and falls over backwards, but then moves around a little.
May 15 22:38:40 <PaulS_laptop> "He's all yours. I got your dog"
May 15 22:38:41 <WalrusKing> He's trying to scramble backwards.
May 15 22:38:47 <Gara> He turns around. "Injury report."
May 15 22:38:50 * Tox|Work (artsuhtaraz.hc|rps.suht#artsuhtaraz.hc|rps.suht) has joined #afteractionmission
May 15 22:38:55 <PaulS_laptop> Matt offers Brock his knife
May 15 22:39:05 <MankeyBimb> He takes it. Brock pushes forwards, rushing towards the man, eyes blazing with fury.
May 15 22:39:06 <Maddy> Hikaru takes the moment of chaos to make a break for the closest door fo the other building.
May 15 22:39:30 <WalrusKing> Hikaru: you hear a thwump across the parking lot, something flies skywards out of the third window from the left, and then another flare lights up the sky.
May 15 22:39:48 <Maddy> "Ah good."
May 15 22:40:08 <PaulS_laptop> Matt goes about seeing to Ace
May 15 22:40:19 <WalrusKing> As Brock legs it for the scrambling dude, a sudden volley of bullets explodes from some stands on the left side of the shop, coming for him.
May 15 22:40:25 <PaulS_laptop> "John. You do that healy thing, right? Dog!"
May 15 22:40:32 <WalrusKing> 4df+4
May 15 22:40:33 <CROM> WalrusKing: 6 (4df+4=-, +, +, +)
May 15 22:40:36 <MankeyBimb> 4df+3 BULLETS FUCK
May 15 22:40:36 <CROM> MankeyBimb: BULLETS FUCK: 5 (4df+3=+, 0, 0, +)
May 15 22:41:22 <WalrusKing> As she sprints across the parking lot, theres another flash somewhere inside the third window.
May 15 22:41:31 <WalrusKing> 4df+3 boolets
May 15 22:41:32 <CROM> WalrusKing: boolets: 4 (4df+3=0, +, +, -)
May 15 22:41:54 <MankeyBimb> Ace whimpers on the ground in the hallway. He's bleeding badly.
May 15 22:41:55 <WalrusKing> Brock: you get nailed by the end of the burst, slammed against the wall
May 15 22:41:58 <WalrusKing> -2 body
May 15 22:42:12 <MankeyBimb> He swears, but the bloodlust doesn't dissipate.
May 15 22:42:20 <MankeyBimb> His vengeance will have to wait.
May 15 22:43:11 <MankeyBimb> Brock scrambles for cover, slipping a little in his own blood.
May 15 22:43:27 <WalrusKing> Theres the sound of someone reloading an uzi somewhere in the left side of the shop.
May 15 22:43:37 <Gara> John does the healy thing.
May 15 22:43:40 <MankeyBimb> He pokes his head over, swinging his rifle around.
May 15 22:43:52 <MankeyBimb> Can he see anybody?
May 15 22:43:56 <Gara> He forces the AP into dog heals.
May 15 22:43:57 <WalrusKing> Matt+Jon: do the healy on the doge
May 15 22:44:29 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+2 Stop the bleeding best as possible
May 15 22:44:30 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: Stop the bleeding best as possible: 4 (4df+2=+, +, -, +)
May 15 22:44:36 <PaulS_laptop> "BROCK, YOU Hit?"
May 15 22:44:39 <WalrusKing> Mankeybimb: no, but theres a peculiar rustling behind a sunglasses rotary thing on the left. Sounds like someone is having trouble getting a shitty gun to work
May 15 22:45:13 <MankeyBimb> "YEAH," he grunts.
May 15 22:45:31 <Gara> He does the heally thing on Brock.
May 15 22:45:32 <MankeyBimb> 4df+3 woundssssssszzz
May 15 22:45:32 <CROM> MankeyBimb: woundssssssszzz: 5 (4df+3=+, -, +, +)
May 15 22:45:38 <Gara> 4df+4 Rooling.
May 15 22:45:39 <CROM> Gara: Rooling.: 4 (4df+4=-, +, -, +)
May 15 22:45:42 <Gara> Fuck.
May 15 22:45:47 <Gara> No heal, because CROM is a bitch.
May 15 22:45:49 <MankeyBimb> Brock is currently in the middle of the store.
May 15 22:45:55 <MankeyBimb> I think
May 15 22:46:00 <Gara> Not Brock
May 15 22:46:01 <MankeyBimb> While Ace is still in the hallway
May 15 22:46:05 <Gara> That was Ace. I forced Ace to heal.
May 15 22:46:21 <WalrusKing> Ace is indeed still in the hallway
May 15 22:46:50 <WalrusKing> Ace is better then?
May 15 22:46:54 <Gara> Yes.
May 15 22:46:59 <WalrusKing> Alright
May 15 22:47:00 <PaulS_laptop> "Brock's hit. You move up. I'll flank around. I'm gonna eat this guy's liver"
May 15 22:47:00 <MankeyBimb> Ace stops whimpering.
May 15 22:47:23 <PaulS_laptop> Matt moves up, pistol up
May 15 22:47:34 <MankeyBimb> "BEHIND THE SUNGLASSES DISPLAY," he yells to Matt.
May 15 22:47:36 <PaulS_laptop> he moves up the opposite side of the store
May 15 22:47:46 <MankeyBimb> Brock looks around for the asshole who shot Ace.
May 15 22:48:16 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3 perception maneuver. Spot the target to shoot him.
May 15 22:48:16 <WalrusKing> The asshole is in the corner, trying to pull clips for an uzi out of his belt.
May 15 22:48:17 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: perception maneuver. Spot the target to shoot him.: 5 (4df+3=+, 0, +, 0)
May 15 22:48:55 <MankeyBimb> Brock, confident that Matt will keep the other shooter occupied, scrambles over to Mr. Dog Shooter.
May 15 22:48:56 <WalrusKing> Matt: You can see bits and pieces of a guy behind the display. Theres swearing, and more sounds of a gun fucking up
May 15 22:49:10 <Gara> 4df+3 John just lights up the guy behind the thing.
May 15 22:49:11 <CROM> Gara: John just lights up the guy behind the thing.: 4 (4df+3=+, -, +, 0)
May 15 22:49:20 <WalrusKing> 4df+3
May 15 22:49:21 <CROM> WalrusKing: 3 (4df+3=0, -, +, 0)
May 15 22:49:53 <WalrusKing> Theres a scream from behind the display, and a guy drops onto the floor holding his shoulder.
May 15 22:50:15 <Gara> He takes 4! damage.
May 15 22:50:38 <WalrusKing> He doesn't look in too good a shape
May 15 22:50:48 <PaulS_laptop> Matt moves up "I'll get him. You get brock"
May 15 22:51:10 <MankeyBimb> "I'm fine." He's busy with the asshole at the moment.
May 15 22:51:18 <Gara> "You're shot."
May 15 22:51:20 <PaulS_laptop> He's advancing, gun up, to get ahold of this last guy
May 15 22:51:33 <MankeyBimb> Is asshole down mostly?
May 15 22:51:40 <Gara> He moves over at the Brock, giving negative shits.
May 15 22:51:40 <MankeyBimb> Or is he still kicking?
May 15 22:51:59 <WalrusKing> Sunglasses guy starts to shakily get up on his feet, but his uzi is a ways away on the floor.
May 15 22:52:11 <PaulS_laptop> "ON YOUR FUCKIN KNEES"
May 15 22:52:12 <WalrusKing> Asshole is busily reloading an uzi
May 15 22:52:35 <MankeyBimb> Brock smashes his head in with his rifle, unless asshole is capable of dodging shit.
May 15 22:52:40 <WalrusKing> Sunglasses guy backpedals away from his gun and Matt
May 15 22:52:48 <PaulS_laptop> "ONYOURFUCKINKNEESRIGHTNOW"
May 15 22:52:55 <WalrusKing> He is prone, so not very
May 15 22:53:01 <WalrusKing> roll for degree of headsmashage
May 15 22:53:21 <MankeyBimb> 4df+2 He's trying not to kill him right here…
May 15 22:53:22 <CROM> MankeyBimb: He's trying not to kill him right here…: 3 (4df+2=0, -, +, +)
May 15 22:53:32 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+6 using the maneuver from before. Called shot, genitalia.
May 15 22:53:32 <MankeyBimb> He wants him alive… for a moment.
May 15 22:53:33 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: using the maneuver from before. Called shot, genitalia.: 6 (4df+6=-, 0, 0, +)
May 15 22:53:46 <Gara> John heals at Brock.
May 15 22:53:52 <WalrusKing> 4df+2
May 15 22:53:54 <CROM> WalrusKing: -1 (4df+2=-, -, 0, -)
May 15 22:53:57 <Gara> 4df+4 Unhurt yourself.
May 15 22:53:57 <CROM> Gara: Unhurt yourself.: 4 (4df+4=0, -, +, 0)
May 15 22:53:58 <MankeyBimb> Brock is raging at the moment, John.
May 15 22:54:06 <MankeyBimb> You might want to give him some space.
May 15 22:54:06 <WalrusKing> 4df+1
May 15 22:54:07 <CROM> WalrusKing: 2 (4df+1=-, +, +, 0)
May 15 22:54:18 <PaulS_laptop> Matt's pistol snaps up in his right hand, in what could be seen as an instinctive stance for him
May 15 22:54:34 <WalrusKing> Theres an unfortunate sounding crack, and asshole slumps
May 15 22:54:39 <PaulS_laptop> left hand tucked into the back of his pants, pistol up. Bang.
May 15 22:55:02 <WalrusKing> Sunglasses guy falls over
May 15 22:55:35 <WalrusKing> Hikaru: while all this is happening, you're rushing the other building
May 15 22:55:39 <PaulS_laptop> "ISAIDONYOURFUCKINKNEES" Matt moves on him. He wants him alive if even remotely possible
May 15 22:55:44 <MankeyBimb> Brock yanks asshole up, pinning him against the wall.
May 15 22:55:52 <MankeyBimb> Is he still conscious?
May 15 22:56:21 <Gara> John doesn't care.
May 15 22:56:25 <Gara> Roll wounds, please.
May 15 22:56:46 <WalrusKing> Sunglasses guy fails to get up onto his knees from the floor
May 15 22:57:14 <MankeyBimb> 4df+2 Wounds
May 15 22:57:15 <CROM> MankeyBimb: Wounds: 2 (4df+2=0, 0, +, -)
May 15 22:57:21 <WalrusKing> Hikaru: while all this was happening you were rushing otherbuilding
May 15 22:57:23 <Gara> You heal.
May 15 22:57:26 <Maddy> Hikaru charges for the closest door and into it. She tucks ad rolls in so she can start a low crouch through the building.
May 15 22:57:36 <MankeyBimb> Brock'll thank John later.
May 15 22:57:47 <WalrusKing> 1d6
May 15 22:57:48 <CROM> WalrusKing: 4 (1d6=4)
May 15 22:58:01 <WalrusKing> 4df+2 boolets come at her
May 15 22:58:02 <CROM> WalrusKing: boolets come at her: 0 (4df+2=0, -, -, 0)
May 15 22:58:05 <PaulS_laptop> Matt evaluates Sunglasses to determine if he's alive to question or not
May 15 22:58:22 <Maddy> 4df+2 Gotta go fast.
May 15 22:58:22 <Gara> He turns, and does a run for the building that Hikaru is in.
May 15 22:58:23 <CROM> Maddy: Gotta go fast.: 1 (4df+2=0, -, 0, 0)
May 15 22:58:32 <Maddy> Wow CROM, cutting is close there.
May 15 22:58:37 <WalrusKing> Sunglasses is alive, but barely. Destroyed shoulder, shattered pelvis. He'll keep, but not very well.
May 15 22:58:44 <MankeyBimb> What about asshole?
May 15 22:58:55 <WalrusKing> Not without magic right now
May 15 22:59:07 <WalrusKing> Hikaru: you get in the building
May 15 22:59:14 <WalrusKing> It's really fucking messy, and dark
May 15 22:59:28 <MankeyBimb> No, I mean… Is he conscious at all for his death?
May 15 22:59:46 <PaulS_laptop> "John. This one's alive, but more'n I can do. If it's still in ya, I want this one alive for later"
May 15 22:59:57 <Gara> John is already running.
May 15 23:00:07 <PaulS_laptop> disregard, then
May 15 23:00:11 <WalrusKing> Monkeybimb: nu
May 15 23:00:18 <MankeyBimb> But he's still alive?
May 15 23:00:21 <Maddy> She puts away her gun, taking out her flashlight and knife.
May 15 23:00:36 <Maddy> 4df+3 moving quietly to some stairs.
May 15 23:00:37 <CROM> Maddy: moving quietly to some stairs.: 3 (4df+3=0, +, -, 0)
May 15 23:00:40 <WalrusKing> Maddy: THE HIKARU IS COMING FROM /INSIDE/ THE HOUSE
May 15 23:01:10 <WalrusKing> Its a little tricky because its super cluttered, but she doesn't think she made any big noise
May 15 23:01:14 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+2 no AP spent, no body regained. Stabilize Sunglasses for later use?
May 15 23:01:15 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: no AP spent, no body regained. Stabilize Sunglasses for later use?: 1 (4df+2=-, +, -, 0)
May 15 23:01:23 <PaulS_laptop> guess not
May 15 23:01:35 <WalrusKing> The closest stairway leads to another hallway, but theres a door.
May 15 23:01:49 <Maddy> She creeps up and tries the door.
May 15 23:01:49 <MankeyBimb> Brock takes Matt's knife and shoves it unceremoniously into the man's heart, hatred burning in his eyes.
May 15 23:02:09 <MankeyBimb> Quick and clean, and full of vengeance.
May 15 23:02:17 <WalrusKing> Maddy: it makes an almost imperceptible creak
May 15 23:02:30 <WalrusKing> the hallway is full of various garbage
May 15 23:02:40 <WalrusKing> Mankeybimb: he's pretty dead
May 15 23:02:41 <MankeyBimb> Brock lets the body slides down the wall as he extricates the knife. The red from his vision fades a bit.
May 15 23:02:47 <MankeyBimb> *slide
May 15 23:03:00 <WalrusKing> Sunglasses should keep for a while
May 15 23:03:07 <Maddy> [Shit…] Could she reach the banister and spider over the trash?
May 15 23:03:16 <Gara> Where is John?
May 15 23:03:19 <MankeyBimb> "You okay?" he asks Matt. His voice is rough.
May 15 23:03:37 <WalrusKing> Maddy: Hmmm. Looks like it might be doable
May 15 23:03:50 <PaulS_laptop> "I'm good. Our friend took all the hits. John get ya patched up?"
May 15 23:03:51 <WalrusKing> Gara: where was John running
May 15 23:04:43 <Maddy> Holding her knife in her biological hand, flashlight in one grip, she uses her other three apendages to pull herself up to the next set of stairs.
May 15 23:04:47 <Gara> The building he and Hikaru were going to infiltrate.
May 15 23:04:49 <MankeyBimb> "Yeah." He looks around for Ace. There he is, cowering in the hallway!
May 15 23:05:00 <WalrusKing> John is running for it.
May 15 23:05:04 <WalrusKing> 1d6
May 15 23:05:05 <CROM> WalrusKing: 6 (1d6=6)
May 15 23:05:24 <WalrusKing> Maddy: she thinks it was silent
May 15 23:05:32 <WalrusKing> John continues unmolested
May 15 23:05:35 <MankeyBimb> Seeing as the building seems pretty clear, Brock heads over to Ace, handing Matt the knife on the way. He wiped it on the dead man's clothes first to get the blood off.
May 15 23:05:41 <PaulS_laptop> "We got Ace patched up. I think he'll keep"
May 15 23:05:54 <PaulS_laptop> Matt acepts the knife back, then sheaths it
May 15 23:05:59 <MankeyBimb> Ace wags his tail furiously.
May 15 23:06:14 <Maddy> She keeps her way to the entrance to the second floor, keeping her light low.
May 15 23:06:37 <PaulS_laptop> "And I think we got ourselves somebody to work on later"
May 15 23:06:40 <WalrusKing> Maddy: this set of stairs seemed to go mostly without a hitgh
May 15 23:06:46 <WalrusKing> hitch
May 15 23:06:49 <MankeyBimb> "Good," he grunts.
May 15 23:06:57 <Maddy> She stops to listen at the door.
May 15 23:06:58 <WalrusKing> She gets to the second floor quietly
May 15 23:07:10 <WalrusKing> Maddy: nothing
May 15 23:07:23 <PaulS_laptop> "I want their shit."
May 15 23:07:45 <PaulS_laptop> matt begins gathering dropped weapons
May 15 23:07:48 <MankeyBimb> "They sure as hell won't be needing it anymore."
May 15 23:07:51 <MankeyBimb> Brock helps.
May 15 23:08:13 <Maddy> She switches back to her gun and goes for the door, oppening it without getting in front o it with any flesh bits
May 15 23:08:19 <WalrusKing> Matt: by your estimation, these uzi knockoffs are on the cheaper side of things as they go
May 15 23:09:03 <PaulS_laptop> A gun's a gun. He unloads them and puts them over in a corner. He's gonna strip the dead for the next couple turns
May 15 23:09:20 <WalrusKing> Maddy: it opens with quietest of clicks, revealing a hallway with a bunch of open doorways into rooms towards the parking lot. The flare casts a light into the corridor.
May 15 23:10:00 <MankeyBimb> Brock checks on Ace and helps Matt during this time, confident in John and the newcomer's abilities to infiltrate the other building.
May 15 23:10:30 <Maddy> She swears under her breath. This is not a building you wat to be clearng on your own. She scans the ceiling, anyway to get in there
May 15 23:10:38 <Gara> John runs.
May 15 23:11:17 <WalrusKing> Maddy: In the ceiling? Not likely. Didn't look like there was another floor above. There might be a crawlspace, but getting up into it would probably make noise. Perception: hearing
May 15 23:11:34 <Maddy> 4df+3
May 15 23:11:35 <CROM> Maddy: 6 (4df+3=0, +, +, +)
May 15 23:11:54 <WalrusKing> Theres a very quiet, slight ragged breathing from the third doorway down.
May 15 23:12:36 <Maddy> She nods to…no one, and inches forward to that very door.
May 15 23:13:06 <WalrusKing> John: you get under the windows. Buncha broken glass around.
May 15 23:13:36 <Gara> He looks around.
May 15 23:13:41 <Gara> Rifle up.
May 15 23:13:53 <WalrusKing> Maddy: if she stands near the doorway (theres no door), there's definitely a ragged, slightly gurgly breathing, and then the sounds of something mechanical getting worked.
May 15 23:14:03 <MankeyBimb> After helping Matt collect shit, Brock moves to the front of the shop, scouting the building across the parking lot with his rifle scope.
May 15 23:14:27 <WalrusKing> Gara: Doesn't look like anyones around.
May 15 23:14:37 <Gara> "Hm…" He looks for the stairs.
May 15 23:15:14 <WalrusKing> Gara: theres a bunch of doorways into the building, looks like there might be some stairways inside
May 15 23:15:44 <WalrusKing> Mankeybimb: no visible movement. The flare doesnt illuminate the inside of the upper windows of the other building very well
May 15 23:15:46 <Gara> He moves and hunts for a stairway.
May 15 23:16:02 <MankeyBimb> Brock watches nevertheless.
May 15 23:16:29 <Maddy> Hikaru chances a peek hoping he's still facing the window
May 15 23:16:42 <WalrusKing> He finds one, closed by a door.
May 15 23:17:03 <PaulS_laptop> Matt goes to join Brock
May 15 23:17:30 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3 perception. Big, light gathering scope
May 15 23:17:30 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: perception. Big, light gathering scope: 5 (4df+3=0, +, +, 0)
May 15 23:17:43 <WalrusKing> Hikaru: your peek reveals a darkened shape resting on a pile of junk in the corner of the room. What is almost certainly a gun moves in its hands, there are assorted clinks. It doesn't notice your brief glance
May 15 23:18:23 <WalrusKing> Matt: glinting in the third window over. Either just something being jostled, but maybe scope glint…
May 15 23:18:37 <Maddy> Gonna try something cray.
May 15 23:18:45 <PaulS_laptop> "second floor, third window. You see that glint?"
May 15 23:18:54 <WalrusKing> Maddy: doit
May 15 23:19:11 <MankeyBimb> He didn't, but he moves his scope over to that window.
May 15 23:19:15 <Maddy> 4df+3 Agil to melee manouver, Gonna try to run up on him and disarm him.
May 15 23:19:16 <CROM> Maddy: Agil to melee manouver, Gonna try to run up on him and disarm him.: 5 (4df+3=+, 0, +, 0)
May 15 23:19:49 <WalrusKing> Matt: you see a sudden flurry of motion in the window, cant be clear what
May 15 23:19:59 <WalrusKing> 4df-1
May 15 23:20:00 <CROM> WalrusKing: -2 (4df-1=+, 0, -, -)
May 15 23:20:04 <PaulS_laptop> "movement."
May 15 23:20:17 <MankeyBimb> WalrusKing, can Brock see any of this?
May 15 23:20:19 <Maddy> 4df+8 spending AP on power, and tagging that manouver
May 15 23:20:20 <CROM> Maddy: spending AP on power, and tagging that manouver: 11 (4df+8=+, +, +, 0)
May 15 23:20:24 <WalrusKing> MankeyBimb: same as matt
May 15 23:20:44 <MankeyBimb> "Could be friendlies…"
May 15 23:20:58 <Gara> John opens the door.
May 15 23:21:01 <Gara> ANd ups the stairs.
May 15 23:21:52 <MankeyBimb> Ace growls at sunglasses dude in the back of the store.
May 15 23:22:06 <WalrusKing> Hikaru: you run in and get RIGHT ON TOP of the figure in the corner, hardcore rushdown style. The figure barely resists you whipping the gun out of it's hands. You now have the shooter restrained.
May 15 23:22:53 <PaulS_laptop> "Ace, he isn't going anywhere. His balls are gone. Don't worry"
May 15 23:23:11 <WalrusKing> John: You're up on the second floor now. Theres sounds from the third door.
May 15 23:23:24 <MankeyBimb> Brock chuckles a bit, glad Ace is still alive and well enough to growl.
May 15 23:23:34 <Gara> He inhales, and goes running for upstairs.
May 15 23:23:50 <PaulS_laptop> "I think she found the shooter"
May 15 23:23:58 <PaulS_laptop> Matt observes
May 15 23:23:59 <Maddy> Holding her gun in 2/5 hands and hand like things, his in another 2/5, and the lars trestraining hm. "We;re here to help if you will accept it."
May 15 23:24:26 <Maddy> *last restraining
May 15 23:25:10 <WalrusKing> Hikaru: The figure moves weakly, mumbles something completely unintelligible, and falls silent. The hands restraining the shooter are covered in something slightly sticky and warm…
May 15 23:25:21 <Gara> Gross.
May 15 23:25:27 <WalrusKing> John you get upstairs
May 15 23:25:36 <Gara> He looks for the source of the sound.
May 15 23:25:46 <Maddy> "Dr. John! Come quickly!"
May 15 23:26:00 <WalrusKing> You locate each other easily enough
May 15 23:26:10 <Maddy> She can't feel the warm but the falling silent is probably not good.
May 15 23:26:21 <Gara> He runs, into the room. "Ms.Hikaru."
May 15 23:26:57 <Maddy> "I have his weapon…and some of his blood on me."
May 15 23:27:05 <Maddy> "He needs help."
May 15 23:27:16 <Gara> "Is he conscious?"
May 15 23:27:40 <WalrusKing> The shooter has stopped moving, a slight, very ragged breathing being the only noise.
May 15 23:28:36 <WalrusKing> They're wearing a flight suit, along with what looks like a flight cap and a respirator.
May 15 23:28:54 <WalrusKing> The flight suit looks wet, and is stained slightly red.
May 15 23:29:10 <Gara> I pump AP into healing magic.
May 15 23:29:53 <WalrusKing> K
May 15 23:30:59 <Maddy> "Perhaps he's military."
May 15 23:31:14 <PaulS_laptop> "damn, I wish we had radios"
May 15 23:31:40 <Gara> "Maybe."
May 15 23:31:58 <MankeyBimb> Brock shifts uncomfortably. "Yeah, me too. Think we should check on 'em?"
May 15 23:32:08 <MankeyBimb> He glances back at sunglasses dude.
May 15 23:32:11 <WalrusKing> The flight suit looks military, but the language doesnt look like english
May 15 23:32:14 <Gara> Wounds he has will close, John's hands glowing blue.
May 15 23:32:25 <WalrusKing> Sunglasses is breathing, unconscious
May 15 23:32:31 <Maddy> Hikaru heads to the window, staying to the side but holding out her light.
May 15 23:32:32 <Maddy> On
May 15 23:32:34 <Maddy> Off
May 15 23:32:35 <Maddy> On
May 15 23:32:36 <Maddy> Off
May 15 23:32:46 <MankeyBimb> "!!!"
May 15 23:32:47 <PaulS_laptop> "You see that?"
May 15 23:32:52 <MankeyBimb> "Yeah."
May 15 23:32:59 <MankeyBimb> "Has to be them."
May 15 23:33:01 <PaulS_laptop> "That's gotta be from them. You gotta light?"
May 15 23:33:09 <WalrusKing> The shooter coughs, jerks abruptly.
May 15 23:33:12 <MankeyBimb> He produces his flashlight.
May 15 23:33:32 <MankeyBimb> Brock flickers it on and off in response.
May 15 23:33:54 <WalrusKing> They stir weakly
May 15 23:34:05 <Maddy> She moves t the window, and waves wit her crazy arm, hoping someone with a scope is looking
May 15 23:34:13 <Gara> "Hey."
May 15 23:34:17 <Gara> "You okay?"
May 15 23:34:22 <PaulS_laptop> "Should we go up?"
May 15 23:34:56 <MankeyBimb> "Your call."
May 15 23:35:01 <WalrusKing> The figure responds by sitting up and clutching its chest.
May 15 23:35:24 <PaulS_laptop> "I don't think I can move that guy we got. I think he'll keep, but I don't want him getting away."
May 15 23:35:28 <PaulS_laptop> "You got any rope?"
May 15 23:35:28 <WalrusKing> It tries to get off of the pile of junk
May 15 23:35:43 <MankeyBimb> "No."
May 15 23:35:48 <PaulS_laptop> "Darn"
May 15 23:35:54 <PaulS_laptop> "You think he'll keep?"
May 15 23:35:55 <Gara> John takes a look at the guy's chest.
May 15 23:36:08 <MankeyBimb> "I could stay here, if you wanna go up?"
May 15 23:36:27 <WalrusKing> The figure tries to push John out of the way on its way to the standing position
May 15 23:36:40 <Gara> John helps him up.
May 15 23:36:45 <Maddy> "CAreful, friend."
May 15 23:36:51 <PaulS_laptop> "Sure. or you wanna go up?"
May 15 23:37:47 <WalrusKing> The figure lunges for a wall, claws at its face. It takes the respirator off and vomits onto the wall.
May 15 23:37:47 <MankeyBimb> "You go. I'll stay here."
May 15 23:37:59 <MankeyBimb> "I'll cover you."
May 15 23:38:26 <MankeyBimb> Ace has now laid down, eying sunglasses dude and growling whenever he fidgets.
May 15 23:38:46 <PaulS_laptop> "Gotcha"
May 15 23:38:58 <PaulS_laptop> Matt gets up, slings his rifle and begins jogging over
May 15 23:39:10 <MankeyBimb> Brock watches the windows as Matt moves.
May 15 23:40:06 <PaulS_laptop> matt jogs. He's in no tremendous rush, but he's still not gonna be a target
May 15 23:41:11 <WalrusKing> When it turns back, it reveals a peculiar face. The basis of the geometry looks basically human, but for the majority, the face is decidedly avian. A barely present nose sits above a small mouth full of lot of small, sharp looking teeth. Feathers frame the whole thing, and the skin looks like its covered in down.
May 15 23:41:47 <Maddy> "Tengu?"
May 15 23:41:52 <Gara> "Oh hello there." He smiles.
May 15 23:42:05 <WalrusKing> It murmers something in an unfamilar language, and then goes back to vomiting onto John's shoes.
May 15 23:42:06 <Maddy> she puts a hang over her mouth realizing this might be offensive
May 15 23:42:27 <Gara> He's not really that preturbed.
May 15 23:42:32 <Gara> He's seen inside people!
May 15 23:42:39 <WalrusKing> *unfamiliar
May 15 23:43:23 <PaulS_laptop> Matt is, by6 now, on the second floor
May 15 23:43:33 <PaulS_laptop> they can probably hear his clod hopper footsteps
May 15 23:43:44 <Gara> "Okay, you're going to be alright."
May 15 23:43:46 <WalrusKing> The rest of the room is covered in pockmarks and bullet holes. A launcher looking thing of some sort sits in the corner opposite the shooters position, and a single, shell-looking thing sits nearby
May 15 23:43:47 <Maddy> "We have a friend coming, do not be alarmed."
May 15 23:44:08 <WalrusKing> There a door on the far wall, marked with an enormous chalk X.
May 15 23:44:10 <Gara> He looks at the tengu's hands.
May 15 23:44:17 <WalrusKing> Gara: gloved
May 15 23:44:32 <Gara> "We can't do much if we can't talk to it."
May 15 23:44:34 <MankeyBimb> Meanwhile, Brock makes sure everybody else but sunglasses dude is good and dead.
May 15 23:44:49 <MankeyBimb> Meaning he checks everybody's pulse.
May 15 23:44:54 <Maddy> "I don't suppose he understands us." she starts looking around to see if she can figure out anything really.
May 15 23:45:02 <WalrusKing> The shooter sits down, says something a bit more strongly in the same language. Doesn't sound like anything you've heard before.
May 15 23:45:07 * Notify: Echo is offline (SCP and Related Channels).
May 15 23:45:22 <WalrusKing> The door stands enticingly on the opposite wall
May 15 23:45:26 <PaulS_laptop> Matt walks in. He doesn't quite know what's going on, but he hears strangely words
May 15 23:45:34 <PaulS_laptop> *strange-y words
May 15 23:45:36 <Gara> "Keep an eye on it.'
May 15 23:45:46 <Gara> John goes to check out the door.
May 15 23:45:53 <Maddy> "Alright."
May 15 23:46:14 <WalrusKing> Does John try the handle?
May 15 23:46:17 <Gara> Yes.
May 15 23:46:33 <Maddy> She goes to the bird dude and puts her hand on her chest. "Hikaru." then she motions to him.
May 15 23:46:43 <PaulS_laptop> "Hey" he's a bit winded "You guys good up here?"
May 15 23:46:57 <WalrusKing> The door opens with a slight click. John+ matt roll mdef
May 15 23:47:06 <Maddy> "Yes, it seems we have a displaced tengu kind of man."
May 15 23:47:12 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3 mdef?
May 15 23:47:13 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: mdef?: 4 (4df+3=0, +, -, +)
May 15 23:47:22 <Gara> 4df+5 Tagging Waywalker.
May 15 23:47:22 <CROM> Gara: Tagging Waywalker.: 8 (4df+5=+, +, +, 0)
May 15 23:47:33 <WalrusKing> 4df+ 6
May 15 23:47:37 <WalrusKing> 4df+6
May 15 23:47:38 <CROM> WalrusKing: 9 (4df+6=+, 0, +, +)
May 15 23:47:41 <MankeyBimb> O_O
May 15 23:48:29 <PaulS_laptop> Matt doesn't even know what's going on
May 15 23:50:18 <MankeyBimb> Brock is blissfully unaware of what's going on.
May 15 23:50:19 <WalrusKing> Both of you suddenly feel like something's gone terribly WRONG. For a second, both of you smell something like plant rot, and for a second you could have sworn that you heard something, as if someone calling across a great distance. "Let me in."
May 15 23:50:31 <Gara> John closes the door.
May 15 23:50:43 <PaulS_laptop> "You smell that?"
May 15 23:51:08 <WalrusKing> The shooter notices what John is going, and abruptly starts yelling, and trying to run to that side of the room.
May 15 23:51:16 <PaulS_laptop> Matt knows that shit is fuckin wrong, but it was wrong so quickly that he's totally not yet processed all ff it
May 15 23:51:47 <Gara> "Nope. Fuck /that/ shit."
May 15 23:52:25 <Maddy> "Hey hey calm calm." Hikaru tries to placate the burd. "Its ok, we dont touch it anymore."
May 15 23:52:31 <WalrusKing> The shooter runs over and yanks on the knob vehemently to make sure its closed, still yelling.
May 15 23:52:37 <PaulS_laptop> "What is /with/ doors these days, anyway?"
May 15 23:52:42 <PaulS_laptop> "I mean, fuck"
May 15 23:52:42 <Gara> It's totally closed. "So uh."
May 15 23:52:44 <Gara> "Yeah sorry guys."
May 15 23:52:50 <Gara> "Legs never do that again."
May 15 23:53:00 <Maddy> "So now what?"
May 15 23:53:28 <PaulS_laptop> "Is /every/ door fuckin evil or magic since I started traveling with you guys?"
May 15 23:53:32 <Maddy> "Hmmm." she tries to get the burd's attention.
May 15 23:53:39 <PaulS_laptop> "Well, we got a guy down in the other building"
May 15 23:53:41 <Gara> "I don't even want to know."
May 15 23:53:47 <Gara> "Oh yeah sunglasses dude."
May 15 23:53:52 <Gara> "What're we doing with him?"
May 15 23:53:53 <PaulS_laptop> "He's stabilized, but ain't going anywhere"
May 15 23:54:00 <PaulS_laptop> "I'd like him at least conscious"
May 15 23:54:10 <PaulS_laptop> "I wanna find out where his shit is."
May 15 23:54:10 <Gara> "I can fix him."
May 15 23:54:18 <WalrusKing> After yanking on the door a few more times, glares angrily at John and jabs the enormous X on the door.
May 15 23:54:30 <Gara> John hangs his head in shame.
May 15 23:54:40 <PaulS_laptop> "Cool. I think it might be worth our while"
May 15 23:54:49 <Gara> "Really it should've had a lock."
May 15 23:54:59 <Gara> "And a Knock."
May 15 23:55:08 <Maddy> She tries to get across that the people outside are dead. She points out the window, and pulls a finger across her neck.
May 15 23:55:08 <PaulS_laptop> "We find their shit, we take their shit"
May 15 23:55:35 <WalrusKing> The bird nods, lets out a deep breath.
May 15 23:56:10 <Maddy> She motions to herself again. "Hikaru." then to John. "Doctor." and then she realizes she doesn't know matt's name
May 15 23:56:37 <PaulS_laptop> "Matt". he offers his hand to the birdguy
May 15 23:57:28 <WalrusKing> They offer their hand. "Chirrik?"
May 15 23:57:48 <PaulS_laptop> matt nods, not understanding, smiles and shakes
May 15 23:57:50 <Maddy> "What was wrong with the door, Do- John."
May 15 23:58:00 <Gara> "It's evil."
May 15 23:58:14 <Gara> John is totally flat faced.
May 15 23:58:22 <Maddy> "Is that reparible? Or at least lockable?"
May 15 23:58:32 <Gara> "No and maybe."
May 15 23:58:57 <WalrusKing> The shooter wanders over and picks up it's weapon.
May 15 23:59:25 <Maddy> "Hmm. What Iwouldn't give for some kind of translation machine."
May 15 23:59:40 <Gara> "Yeah."
May 15 23:59:58 <Gara> "Really it SHOULD have a knock, I don't know how it opened that way."
May 16 00:00:20 <PaulS_laptop> "Sometimes things get broken"
May 16 00:00:38 <Gara> "Yeah."
May 16 00:00:50 <Gara> "I just didn't thing that part of the magic was breakable."
May 16 00:00:59 <Gara> "We're basically looking at an open portal to something evil."
May 16 00:01:00 <PaulS_laptop> Matt looks the tengu up and down. "They good to go?"
May 16 00:01:20 <MankeyBimb> Brock takes this time to gather up anything of use in the most-likely already-looted store.
May 16 00:01:24 <Maddy> "Looks like it. I dont know if they want to stay here or if thats even a good idea."
May 16 00:01:39 <Gara> "It /shouldn't/ be a threat.
May 16 00:01:57 <Maddy> "I ment more is it going to be ok?"
May 16 00:02:04 <Gara> "I think so."
May 16 00:02:26 <Maddy> She nods. "Prehaps if we meet omeone who fixes these magic doorways, we can coe back."
May 16 00:02:38 <Gara> "Maybe Haeta can."
May 16 00:02:44 <Gara> "For now… lets leave it alone."
May 16 00:02:49 <Gara> "Okay. I'm ready to go."
May 16 00:03:32 <WalrusKing> Brock: you now have all the licorice rope and shitty candy a man could ask for. Theres a bunch of really spoiled food, lots of shitty novelty sunglasses, some tshirts of various sizes, and lucky day! some of the milk which can just stand around on a shelf.
May 16 00:03:48 <Gara> Gross.
May 16 00:03:50 <MankeyBimb> Gross.
May 16 00:03:58 <PaulS_laptop> "On the way back, we got a buncha stuff to bring back with us"
May 16 00:04:05 <Gara> "So what do we do with the bird?"
May 16 00:04:06 <MankeyBimb> The candy is nice. He stuffs it all in a sack to take back to the kiddies in Tinwald.
May 16 00:04:12 <MankeyBimb> Brock is fucking Santa Claus.
May 16 00:04:15 <PaulS_laptop> "They uh" he nods in he tengu direction, "coming with us, or?"
May 16 00:04:19 <Gara> "I'm not sure."
May 16 00:04:24 <Gara> "Why not."
May 16 00:04:34 <MankeyBimb> Brock is fucking Santa Claus, not fucking Santa Claus.
May 16 00:04:37 <Maddy> Hikaru nods then tunrs to the tengu as she's now decided to mentaly call it. "WE are going to leave, would you like to come?" she mimes this as much as possibl.
May 16 00:05:25 <WalrusKing> The shooter looks confused, then thoughtfull, then points at itself and then at Hikaru and say something.
May 16 00:05:53 <MankeyBimb> (He collects the milk too.)
May 16 00:06:11 <MankeyBimb> Hell, he gathers everything except the super-spoiled food.
May 16 00:06:43 <WalrusKing> The shooter seems to come to some conclusion, and starts gathering stuff up.
May 16 00:07:07 <Maddy> She nods. "Perhaps we can learn to communicate."
May 16 00:08:08 <WalrusKing> You guys gather all you can
May 16 00:08:16 <PaulS_laptop> "I'm going to head down and round up the guns and shit. They're crappy, but I want them anyway"
May 16 00:08:46 <Gara> "Sure why not."
May 16 00:08:49 <Gara> "Guns are good."
May 16 00:08:50 <Maddy> Hikaru helps carry things and sticks with Chirrik.
May 16 00:09:01 <PaulS_laptop> "Plus, it's shit that'll interchange with my pistol"
May 16 00:10:25 <WalrusKing> Total spoils: 4 shitty uzi's, 3 boxes of ammo for the same. Candy, sunglasses, tshirts, box milk. The stuff the shooter had, though that could require parting it from them.
May 16 00:10:32 <WalrusKing> Also a nearly-dead guy
May 16 00:10:52 <PaulS_laptop> Any hats or coats?
May 16 00:11:04 <MankeyBimb> I say tonight's excursion was definitely a Mission Accomplished.
May 16 00:11:33 <Maddy> Hikaru certainly feels acomplished
May 16 00:11:34 <PaulS_laptop> "hey, John, can you gimmie a hand with this dude?"
May 16 00:11:53 <Gara> "Yeah sure."
May 16 00:12:00 <WalrusKing> The shooter had some sort of rifle, 4 boxes of bullets for the same, a launcher of some kind, and some sort of projectile for the same.
May 16 00:12:01 <Gara> 4df+4 MAGICAL HEALING FEELS SO GOOD
May 16 00:12:02 <CROM> Gara: MAGICAL HEALING FEELS SO GOOD: 6 (4df+4=0, +, 0, +)
May 16 00:12:12 <MankeyBimb> Brock eyes the Avien quizzically. "…."
May 16 00:12:13 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+2 HELPING
May 16 00:12:14 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: HELPING: 5 (4df+2=0, +, +, +)
May 16 00:12:32 <Maddy> "Don't worry, he's friendly. I think his nae is Chirrik."
May 16 00:12:56 <Gara> John's hands glow bright.
May 16 00:13:03 <MankeyBimb> He just shrugs and starts moving the dead bodies outside.
May 16 00:13:25 <MankeyBimb> Dragging them without reverence and dumping them beside the shop.
May 16 00:13:37 <Maddy> "We are keeping the bandit?"
May 16 00:13:41 <Gara> "Are we?
May 16 00:14:09 <PaulS_laptop> "Only til I can find out where their shit was"
May 16 00:14:14 <PaulS_laptop> "We ain't gotta feed him"
May 16 00:14:21 <WalrusKing> The avian mostly seems to keep to itself, and haul its stuff around. It gives the door one last, very suspicious glance before leaving.
May 16 00:14:22 <PaulS_laptop> is he conscious
May 16 00:14:32 <Gara> "That'll be on you."
May 16 00:14:53 <PaulS_laptop> "Once I find out where it is, I'm hangin' him anyway"
May 16 00:14:54 <WalrusKing> The bandit is not conscious currently
May 16 00:15:12 <MankeyBimb> Ace perks up at the sudden arrival of the birdperson.
May 16 00:15:14 <PaulS_laptop> Once he's Fixed, Matt picks him up over his shoulder like a sheep
May 16 00:15:31 <PaulS_laptop> (he should be very scared)
May 16 00:15:40 <MankeyBimb> Brock returns after disposing of the last corpse. "We good to go?"
May 16 00:15:58 <PaulS_laptop> "I'm gonna call us good"
May 16 00:16:00 <WalrusKing> The avian seems perplexed at the dog, almost wary.
May 16 00:16:01 <MankeyBimb> He grabs a bag of loot.
May 16 00:16:10 <WalrusKing> It stays a fair bit away from the canine.
May 16 00:16:23 <MankeyBimb> Ace fearlessly trots over to him/her, trying to sniff.
May 16 00:16:45 <Maddy> Hikaru points to Ace. "Dog." she holds he hand out, kiinda showin him how to let the dog sniff your hand
May 16 00:18:52 <WalrusKing> The avian doesn't seem to like this idea, remains tense when the bestfriend wanders over.
May 16 00:19:04 <MankeyBimb> *sniffsniffsniffwagsniff*
May 16 00:19:13 <PaulS_laptop> "We going? This sucker's gettin' heavy"
May 16 00:19:33 <MankeyBimb> "Yeah." Brock whistles for Ace, who pulls away from the birdperson.
May 16 00:19:43 <MankeyBimb> He makes his way out, heading back to the truck.
May 16 00:20:09 <WalrusKing> Chirrik falls in behind.
May 16 00:20:14 <Gara> John goees back to truck.
May 16 00:20:18 <PaulS_laptop> Matt accompanies them
May 16 00:20:56 <MankeyBimb> On his way out, he falls in step with John. "Hey, thanks for what you did back there. I owe you."
May 16 00:21:07 <Maddy> Hikaru mostly sticks with Chirrik
May 16 00:21:08 <MankeyBimb> Ace wags his tail happily.
May 16 00:21:09 <Gara> "Nah."
May 16 00:21:13 <Gara> "It's my job."
May 16 00:21:21 <WalrusKing> On the whole, everyone probably feels succesful. But each of you feels slightly strange about leaving, like you're being watched.
May 16 00:21:55 <WalrusKing> Matt+John roll perception
May 16 00:22:19 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3 Matt is occupied carrying a 150lb dude
May 16 00:22:20 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: Matt is occupied carrying a 150lb dude: 2 (4df+3=0, -, +, -)
May 16 00:25:12 <WalrusKing> Everyone rides back to camp
May 16 00:25:18 <WalrusKing> back to #afteraction
May 16 00:25:22 <Maddy> WOOSH
May 16 00:25:26 <Gara> 4df+3
May 16 00:25:26 <CROM> Gara: 3 (4df+3=+, 0, 0, -)
May 16 00:26:17 <WalrusKing> John: just before you turn away from the shooter building, you could have sworn you saw something in the window of the door room, but on closer inspection looks like that was probably just a trick of the light,
May 16 00:26:17 <MankeyBimb> John looks into the past… again.
May 16 00:26:29 <WalrusKing> and THEN everyone rides back to camp
May 16 00:26:33 <PaulS_laptop> matt dumps the guy into the bed of the truck "if he wakes up, break a finger or two"