Interloper: Part II

May 20 22:35:49 <Echo> "This where y'all was two-steppin'?"
May 20 22:35:57 <Maddy> "Two what?"
May 20 22:36:12 <Echo> "This where the gunfight went down?"
May 20 22:36:15 * PaulS_laptop (natsigryk.ni.evac|46c#natsigryk.ni.evac|46c) has joined #afteractionmission
May 20 22:36:15 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to PaulS_laptop
May 20 22:36:51 <Maddy> "Ah , yes. Chirrik was in the office building, where the Door is, and the others were in that store."
May 20 22:37:17 <WalrusKing> Maddy: is Haeta with them?
May 20 22:37:20 <Maddy> yes
May 20 22:37:24 <WalrusKing> K
May 20 22:37:39 <Maddy> Im reluctant to RP with myself so you can use her if youd like
May 20 22:37:54 <Echo> "Wait, the Door's right *here*? The guy that John got shot the other night was here?"
May 20 22:37:59 <Echo> -got
May 20 22:38:45 <Maddy> "Yes. Chirrik asked me to bring them where we met."
May 20 22:40:20 <WalrusKing> Chirrik waits patiently for the car to stop. Haeta looks sullen in the back of the truck.
May 20 22:40:58 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide watches the scenery.
May 20 22:41:09 <Maddy> Hikaru parks near the office. "Here we are."
May 20 22:41:34 <WalrusKing> Chirrik pulls herself out of the truck, and walks into the office, rifle at the ready.
May 20 22:42:19 <MonkeyBomb> Brock hops off. "I'll stay here, make sure nobody tries to steal the truck."
May 20 22:42:20 <Echo> "Shit, she's on the ball…" Mitchell pushes himself off the side of the truck, following Chirrik's actions as soon as his boots his the ground.
May 20 22:42:41 <Maddy> Hikaru follows closely, taking out her gun thing. "I believe she's military of some variety."
May 20 22:43:44 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide climbs out of the truck, rifle at the ready, trying to keep eyes at everything around them. (with varying success)
May 20 22:44:09 <WalrusKing> Chirrik clears the first floor to the stairs, heads upstairs when she's sure Mitchell is stacked up with her.
May 20 22:45:19 <WalrusKing> Brock, Adelaide, roll perception
May 20 22:45:24 <Echo> He keeps close on her. Is she wearing something with a collar?
May 20 22:45:33 <Echo> Like, her shirt?
May 20 22:45:43 <Tehpillowstar> 4df+3 One of these days I'll stop typing in 6 and 'Chloe'
May 20 22:45:43 <CROM> Tehpillowstar: One of these days I'll stop typing in 6 and 'Chloe': 6 (4df+3=+, +, 0, +)
May 20 22:46:56 <PaulS_laptop> Matt brings up the rear
May 20 22:46:57 <WalrusKing> She's wearing her flight suit, and it does indeed have a slight collar.
May 20 22:47:01 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3 Eyeballs
May 20 22:47:01 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: Eyeballs: 5 (4df+3=+, 0, +, 0)
May 20 22:48:38 <Echo> Mitchell taps Chirrik on the shoulder, then lightly grabs the collar of her flight suit at the back with his left hand, then places his rifle over her right shoulder. "Bang bang." He gives the collar a light tug backwards. "So I can haul you back."
May 20 22:49:11 <WalrusKing> Chloe, Brock: everything looks calm. The moon casts some light on the landscape. Brock can still see the corpses from the other night.
May 20 22:49:31 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide isn't Chloe. :P
May 20 22:50:11 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+4 Ace - Survival Wilderness
May 20 22:50:11 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: Ace - Survival Wilderness: 4 (4df+4=-, -, +, +)
May 20 22:50:16 <WalrusKing> Adelaide just sees some corpses over on the far side of the parking lot
May 20 22:50:36 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3 Rear guard perception
May 20 22:50:37 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: Rear guard perception: 3 (4df+3=+, +, -, -)
May 20 22:50:38 <WalrusKing> Chirrik twitches with surprise at the tap, then seems to think through it and nods.
May 20 22:51:16 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide takes note of the corpses.
May 20 22:51:22 <Echo> Mitchell nods back, letting her motions lead him around, rifle still aimed over her shoulder. Can I throw out a perception check as well?
May 20 22:51:59 <Echo> Or get a description of the building they're in?
May 20 22:52:12 <WalrusKing> sure
May 20 22:52:44 <MonkeyBomb> Ace sniffs the air while Brock keeps a watchful eye over the truck.
May 20 22:52:45 <Echo> 4df+4 Hopefully this'll help. Mitchell's already on high alert.
May 20 22:52:45 <CROM> Echo: Hopefully this'll help. Mitchell's already on high alert.: 7 (4df+4=+, 0, +, +)
May 20 22:52:57 <Echo> TACTICAL ENTRY MODE ENGAGED.
May 20 22:53:05 <Maddy> Hikaru is a little out of her element here and jsut kinda hangs around wating to be todl to do shit.
May 20 22:55:06 <WalrusKing> All three of you start up the stairs, the building looks like it might have been an office building once. Junk lies all over the place. Aside from your movement, theres nothing any of you can hear. Chirrik breathes lightly as she moves upwards. Second floor corridor looks clear.
May 20 22:55:22 <MonkeyBomb> The dog's sniffer goes on overdrive. Brock just assumes it's because of the nearby rotting corpses of the bandits. He keeps an eye out, just to be sure, though.
May 20 22:55:58 <WalrusKing> Haeta shivers a bit next to the car.
May 20 22:56:48 <WalrusKing> The three doing a tactical entry, second floor looks clear. Chirrik stacks you up on the entrance to the third room from the left.
May 20 22:57:22 <Maddy> "This is where we met her, and where Dr. John for the Door."
May 20 22:57:27 <Maddy> she whispers
May 20 22:58:26 <Echo> Mitchell keeps quiet, straining his ears to hear anything. Movement, breathing, the clicks and clacks and shuffles of a weapon being readied or brought up. He also doesn't want to unnecessarily distract or confuse Chirrik. He keeps at her back, letting Hikaru take the other side of the door.
May 20 22:59:02 <WalrusKing> After a moment of listening, Chirrik, makes a three-two-one gesture.
May 20 22:59:41 <Echo> Mitchell gives her a little shove forward, but lets her lead him in.
May 20 22:59:59 <Echo> 4df+4 Perception maneuver to ranged as they make entry?
May 20 22:59:59 <CROM> Echo: Perception maneuver to ranged as they make entry?: 6 (4df+4=+, 0, +, 0)
May 20 23:00:11 <WalrusKing> You move in and…
May 20 23:00:13 <WalrusKing> 1d4
May 20 23:00:13 <CROM> WalrusKing: 3 (1d4=3)
May 20 23:00:32 <WalrusKing> It looks clear. Chirrik checks the corners, and then moves up to the windows.
May 20 23:00:59 <Maddy> Hikaru moves to the curious so called magic door, but she does not touch it.
May 20 23:01:47 <Echo> After the room's deemed clean, Mitchell relaxes his grip on Chirrik's collar and lowers his weapon. "So where is it, Hikaru?"
May 20 23:02:46 <WalrusKing> The door stands on the far wall, a big chalk X marking the door.
May 20 23:02:55 <Echo> "Oh."
May 20 23:02:58 <Maddy> "This is it." she motions to the door. "Perhaps we should send for Haeata."
May 20 23:03:23 <Echo> "Uh… yeah, why don't ya give a yell for 'er."
May 20 23:03:39 <WalrusKing> Adelaide: For a second you swear you hear something across the lot, but you're not sure. Whatever it was, you can't catch it again.
May 20 23:04:13 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide tenses. "Brock, did you hear that?" She whispers. She cups her ear and straings to hear.
May 20 23:04:14 <WalrusKing> Chirrik walks over and gives the knob a tug to make sure the door is closed.
May 20 23:04:34 <Maddy> "Literally or should
May 20 23:04:34 <MonkeyBomb> "I did not." He strains to hear stuff too. He glances at Ace.
May 20 23:04:38 <Maddy> I go down there?"
May 20 23:04:48 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide wishes she had a radio.
May 20 23:04:51 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3 Matt is still pullig rear guard. Like hell is he going back in tere. Perc.
May 20 23:04:51 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: Matt is still pullig rear guard. Like hell is he going back in tere. Perc.: 4 (4df+3=0, -, +, +)
May 20 23:04:58 <Echo> "Literally."
May 20 23:05:31 <Maddy> She nods, heading for the window. "Shisai Haeata? We have found the door."
May 20 23:05:46 <WalrusKing> Paul: what's he pulling perc for, just to check the door room?
May 20 23:05:48 <Maddy> "The building is safe to enter."
May 20 23:05:52 <Echo> "Probably shouldn't go off on your own this far out, even if it's in the same buildin'. We ain't got no idea about what's in that door, an' if it's as bad as John says, an' I'm inclined to trust him, ya shouldn't be alone near it anyway."
May 20 23:06:17 <WalrusKing> Haete glances up. "Alright". She makes her way in.
May 20 23:06:25 <Maddy> "That is fair." She says to him.
May 20 23:06:39 <Tehpillowstar> She frowns. "Brock, d'you think we should investigate?"
May 20 23:07:05 <Tehpillowstar> Suddenly genre savviness kicks in. Adelaide wonders if she's seen this movie.
May 20 23:07:29 <PaulS_laptop> WalrusKing, he's outside
May 20 23:07:36 <Tehpillowstar> Mysterious sound, kids investigate, and then they die.
May 20 23:07:46 <PaulS_laptop> he's literally being rear guard
May 20 23:08:34 <MonkeyBomb> "Uh… Probably better to stay here and make sure nothin' sneaks up on our pals in there." He points a thumb over at the door inside the office building.
May 20 23:09:17 <MonkeyBomb> "It could've just been a stray dog."
May 20 23:09:24 <PaulS_laptop> "I got the door"
May 20 23:09:30 <PaulS_laptop> "Y'all can go"
May 20 23:09:33 <Echo> Cuz stray dogs are apparently awesome in this part of the world.
May 20 23:09:44 <WalrusKing> Matt: You hear people noises inside the room, and Haeta as she makes her way to the room, but other than that you think you don't think you hear anything unusual. A piece of garbage down the hall falls over from its precarious perch as Haeta closes the stair door to the hallway.
May 20 23:10:52 <Tehpillowstar> "I'm worried it might be the thing that might have gotten through the Door."
May 20 23:11:04 <WalrusKing> Haeta pauses on the threshold to the room, and takes a hesitant step inside after a few seconds of scrutinizing the Door from the far end of the room.
May 20 23:11:46 <Echo> Mitchell's gaze is fixed on the Door With The X, weapon ready to come up. "So…"
May 20 23:11:58 <MonkeyBomb> "Well, if you want to wander out into the darkness looking for God knows what, be my guest."
May 20 23:12:11 <WalrusKing> She and Chirrik both spend some time checking the Door, though it seems like they might be looking for different things.
May 20 23:13:26 <Tehpillowstar> "Pfft. I'm not that dumb."
May 20 23:13:33 <MonkeyBomb> "I know."
May 20 23:14:08 <Tehpillowstar> "Hmmm…"
May 20 23:14:15 <WalrusKing> After a while, Haeta backs back up, letting out a deep breath. "There is something wrong here. This thing shouldn't be. Someone has meddled in this."
May 20 23:14:34 <Echo> "What's on the other side?"
May 20 23:16:16 <PaulS_laptop> ~I wonder if doors can be destroyed~
May 20 23:16:23 <WalrusKing> "I'm not sure. This is not a Door, or at least not only a Door."
May 20 23:16:37 <Tehpillowstar> "What if I tried sending some kind of light over there. Try to see if there's something."
May 20 23:17:17 <Echo> "… that's uh, that ain't exactly a ringin' endorsement. Uh… can you you tell if it's like, been opened recently?"
May 20 23:17:32 <MonkeyBomb> Despite his best efforts, the hair on his arms and neck stand up at the thought of something… lurking… nearby…
May 20 23:18:05 <Echo> "Since y'all left it I mean?"
May 20 23:18:54 <PaulS_laptop> "Why don't you two just go and find out. I'll cover you from here"
May 20 23:19:26 <WalrusKing> "I do not think so, but I can not be sure. This - this is a wrong thing." Meanwhile, Chirrik, seems to have come to have come to some sort of conclusion of her own. She is busily pulling out what looks like a respirator and flying mask.
May 20 23:19:30 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide wishes she had some kind of magical super-sense, but no.
May 20 23:19:33 <Tehpillowstar> "Brock?"
May 20 23:19:56 <MonkeyBomb> "Alright, fine…"
May 20 23:20:36 <MonkeyBomb> He switches off the safety on his rifle and cracks his neck like the badass he wishes he was.
May 20 23:20:36 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide conjures up a few little floating fairy lights…Do I need to roll for this?
May 20 23:20:46 <WalrusKing> After a moment, Chirrik pulls on the flight mask and respirator. She makes motions for everyone to move back.
May 20 23:21:14 <WalrusKing> TPS: sure, roll magic
May 20 23:21:33 <Echo> "Uhhhh…" Mitchell takes a few halting steps back, then quickly backpedals to the other side of the room from the Door."
May 20 23:21:40 <Maddy> Hikaru moves well back.
May 20 23:21:44 <Tehpillowstar> 4df+3 sparklies!
May 20 23:21:45 <CROM> Tehpillowstar: sparklies!: 5 (4df+3=+, 0, +, 0)
May 20 23:22:40 <WalrusKing> TPS: you get 5 nice, golf ball sized balls of light to work with
May 20 23:23:00 <MonkeyBomb> "I forgot you could do that." o_o
May 20 23:23:26 <MonkeyBomb> He stuffs his flashlight back into his pocket.
May 20 23:24:16 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide lets one float over her hand for a moment, grinning, then releases them and wills them to fly over to the lot where she heard the sound.
May 20 23:24:35 <Tehpillowstar> Distributing them for maximum light coverage.
May 20 23:24:56 <Tehpillowstar> She then flicks off the safety and pulls her rifle up, and looks around for anything new they can now see.
May 20 23:24:58 <Tehpillowstar> Perception?
May 20 23:25:03 <WalrusKing> Chirrik glances at the others, and then takes the doorknob of the door and swings it open, a dull, amber light spills into the room. Haeta shudders.
May 20 23:25:40 <WalrusKing> TPS: no need, nothing new in the lot, but the noise may have come from beyond it, from inside the shops.
May 20 23:25:43 <Maddy> Hikaru's gun comes up, ready for…well she has noidea
May 20 23:25:47 <Echo> Mitchell imminentizes his rifle.
May 20 23:27:03 <Tehpillowstar> "Hmm, nothing new…" She lowers the rifle down a bit and pushes the lights out as far as possible without losing her grip on them.
May 20 23:27:20 <WalrusKing> Chirrik moves into the space across. It looks like it might be a roof top of some sort. A bleak concrete surface runs into a slight border, with a featureless sky lit up by a setting sun beyond.
May 20 23:27:40 <MonkeyBomb> "Hm."
May 20 23:27:52 <Maddy> "Should we…follow?"
May 20 23:28:40 <WalrusKing> Chirrik seems to be clearing a space.
May 20 23:29:03 <WalrusKing> TPS, Paul, Brock: perc
May 20 23:29:13 <Tehpillowstar> 4df+3 oh dear
May 20 23:29:13 <CROM> Tehpillowstar: oh dear: 6 (4df+3=+, +, +, 0)
May 20 23:29:24 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3 Probably nothin'
May 20 23:29:24 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: Probably nothin': 2 (4df+3=-, 0, 0, 0)
May 20 23:29:44 <Echo> "Chirrik?"
May 20 23:30:29 <WalrusKing> Chirrik turns back towards you. She shouts something that sounds like a question.
May 20 23:30:34 <Echo> Mitchell points at himself, then Hikaru, then makes a little walking motion with his fingers toward the birdlady.
May 20 23:31:28 <WalrusKing> Chirrik seems to think a moment, and then nods, and then makes a motion like covering her mouth.
May 20 23:32:31 <Echo> "Uhhhhh… I don't know if we can go in- … hazmat suits. We need a fuckin' respirator or a goddamn field mask."
May 20 23:32:50 <Maddy> Hikaru tears a bit of her shirt and wraps it around her nose and mouth. "I can step in, see how bad it is, and you can pull me out if I start to choke?"
May 20 23:33:45 <Echo> "Shit… okay, all right. Be careful. Sure you don't want me to go in?"
May 20 23:33:52 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3 Matt is rearguard twice over. And chilling utside
May 20 23:33:52 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: Matt is rearguard twice over. And chilling utside: 1 (4df+3=0, -, -, 0)
May 20 23:34:01 <PaulS_laptop> burning AP for reroll
May 20 23:34:04 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3
May 20 23:34:05 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: 5 (4df+3=+, 0, 0, +)
May 20 23:34:21 <WalrusKing> TPS, Paul: there it was again! A noise somewhere in the shops?
May 20 23:34:30 <Maddy> She puts her hand out. "Just be ready to pul me out ok?"
May 20 23:34:41 <Tehpillowstar> "Heard it again!"
May 20 23:35:09 <MonkeyBomb> "Where?"
May 20 23:35:18 <Tehpillowstar> "Somewhere in the shops."
May 20 23:35:20 <Echo> "Yeah, I gotcha." Mitchell grabs Hikaru's hand and follows her over toward the Door.
May 20 23:35:23 <PaulS_laptop> Matt gestures over to the shops
May 20 23:35:37 <Maddy> Carefully, Hikaru steps across the threshhold.
May 20 23:35:49 <PaulS_laptop> and tries to get a view into any windows from where he is
May 20 23:35:53 <PaulS_laptop> via scope
May 20 23:36:13 <Tehpillowstar> Matt's view is aided by the lights.
May 20 23:36:19 <MonkeyBomb> "Goddamnit." He really doesn't want to go in there.
May 20 23:37:02 <MonkeyBomb> Brock sighs and takes a quiet step towards the shop. "Can you get one of your light thingies in there?"
May 20 23:38:25 <WalrusKing> Hikaru: the air over on the other side is dry, and theres the barest hint of a breeze. Looking closer, you notice small little black things, almost fluffy, getting thrown about slightly by the breeze. Looks like maybe a plastic of some sort?
May 20 23:38:32 <Tehpillowstar> She frowns. "I don't know."
May 20 23:39:06 <Maddy> "Hmm." she tries to pinch one.
May 20 23:39:19 <WalrusKing> Paul: you're not seeing anything in the windows.
May 20 23:39:39 <PaulS_laptop> ~wish I had a better field of view~
May 20 23:39:48 <PaulS_laptop> ~fuckin shops~
May 20 23:39:52 <WalrusKing> Hikaru: seems coherent and somewhat plasticy.
May 20 23:40:24 <Tehpillowstar> Can I roll magic to try and get the lights in the shops?
May 20 23:40:27 <Maddy> "Find a way to cover your mouth, and I think it's safe. There's just some kind of subtrate in the air."
May 20 23:41:17 <Maddy> "Shisai, is there anything we shoudl know?" she calls to Haeata.
May 20 23:41:45 * MonkeyBomb has quit (Quit: Leaving)
May 20 23:42:02 * MonkeyBomb (gnihton.w|s.uoy#gnihton.w|s.uoy) has joined #afteractionmission
May 20 23:42:20 <Echo> Mitchell drops his little backpack and fumbles around inside for a stretchy little balaclava, yanks it on, and pulls his shooting glasses down over his eyes. "All right. Ok." He steps through the Door, waiting for something terrible to pop off.
May 20 23:42:21 <WalrusKing> TPS: No need, but you don't think you could get them too far in.
May 20 23:42:55 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide hold up her hand and forces the lights to go as far as they can without dissipating.
May 20 23:43:40 <WalrusKing> Haeta calls back. "Do not linger! There is something terribly wrong with that place!"
May 20 23:44:26 <Echo> "Shit. Okay, Hikaru, let's just stick close to Chirrik. Hopefully we can get whatever she wants done an' over nice an' quick."
May 20 23:44:31 <Maddy> "Don't worry, I don't feel like relocating again." she nods and joins with Chirrik
May 20 23:45:21 <WalrusKing> Echo: nothing terrible. It seems like you're on some sort of roof. Chirrik seems extremely agitated, and hasn't lowered her rifle yet. She is continuously checking and rechecking her sightlines.
May 20 23:46:25 <WalrusKing> TPS: you force your lights as far in as possibly. There is definitely a noise at the back of the second shop.
May 20 23:46:28 <Maddy> Hikaru brings up her little gun, her free grabbersstaying close.
May 20 23:48:09 <WalrusKing> Hikaru, Echo: Once Chirrik sees you are near, she moves out across the rest of the roof. The door you came through appears to be an unassuming closet door of some sort. Maybe roof access? Chirrik is rapidly swinging around a corner and out of view.
May 20 23:49:02 <MonkeyBomb> Brock eases forwards into the shop, the phrase "this is a bad idea" flashing repeatedly through his mind.
May 20 23:49:09 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide lets all but one light extinguish, the one light at the second shop. It's much easier to focus on one light than five. She reckons she can just a bit more distance with only one more light.
May 20 23:49:15 <Echo> "*Shit*." Mitchell gives chase behind her, then freezes, holding an arm out to block Hikaru.
May 20 23:49:22 <Tehpillowstar> -more
May 20 23:49:24 <PaulS_laptop> Can Matt see Addy's light?
May 20 23:49:24 <Echo> "Wait. What if this is a trick?"
May 20 23:49:44 <Tehpillowstar> PaulS_laptop: I reckon
May 20 23:49:46 <Echo> "Like, this is a thing to get more people into this place?"
May 20 23:50:12 <Maddy> "I had thought of that…"
May 20 23:50:13 <WalrusKing> Brock: You make your way about halfway into the shop when a voice rings out. "Don't go any further, please. I am armed."
May 20 23:50:33 <Echo> "An' like, we was fightin' the wrong people the other day."
May 20 23:50:48 <Echo> "An' they was goin' after us cuz what I said is the way it is?"
May 20 23:50:50 <WalrusKing> Chirrik has dissapeared around the corner.
May 20 23:51:18 <Maddy> "Well no, that was right. They were looking to steal her stuff, I'm fairly certain they were jsut bandits who stumbled upon her."
May 20 23:51:35 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3 Can matt see into the shop better with addy's light?
May 20 23:51:36 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: Can matt see into the shop better with addy's light?: 2 (4df+3=-, -, +, 0)
May 20 23:52:02 <MonkeyBomb> "So are we, and I'm willing to bet there's more of us than you." His voice isn't too threatening… At least, he tries not to make it sound that way. "Show yourself, nice and easy."
May 20 23:52:05 <Echo> "Right, but… shit, I don't know about this. What's she doin' here if this ain't supposed to be here? You don't see no other bird people around. And Haeta said this ain't like a normal one."
May 20 23:52:27 <WalrusKing> Matt: yes, but you still cant make out anything new except that the door at the end of the service hallway, which you'd need to walk down to get to the end of the shop is wide open.
May 20 23:52:27 <Maddy> "But I'm certain that if we are being tricked, Shisai can probably close the door if we are snared, but if we leave now, and this is a problem that she needs help wth, it could get worse."
May 20 23:53:16 <Maddy> "I would guess you are fast. If I get grabbed, you can go and close the door fromt he other side."
May 20 23:54:19 <Echo> "… fuck." Mitchell follows around the corner, trying to see where Chirruk went.
May 20 23:55:04 <Maddy> Hikaru stays close.
May 20 23:56:03 <WalrusKing> The voice calls out again. It has an odd, muffled quality to it. "I don't intend to show myself, and I have already seen that your friend with the magic hands is not here this time. I am sure I can gun at least one of you down for good if it comes to that. I advise you then, again, not to advance."
May 20 23:58:29 <WalrusKing> Maddy, Echo: You round the corner. The dull sun appears to be on its way downwards towards the horizon, and it looks like there's something burning off in the distance. A great many buildings can be seen lower down. Chirrik is slowly advancing on a door on the other end of the roof.
May 20 23:58:55 <MonkeyBomb> "Okay, have it your way. We'll just wait outside until the rest of our friends get down here."
May 20 23:59:09 <PaulS_laptop> Can matt hear any of what those guys are talking about?
May 20 23:59:17 <PaulS_laptop> the ones talking to Brock
May 20 23:59:26 <Echo> "Okay, if we don't see anything here, we get out, figure out more, and come back later. All right, like, get the guy talkin' to 'er better, so we got some idea what's goin' on an' what we need to do. Goin' in blind like this?"
May 20 23:59:47 <Echo> Mitchell closes the distance to Chirrik, eyes on the door and weapon up.
May 20 23:59:51 <Maddy> "Yeah."
May 21 00:00:16 <WalrusKing> If you had to guess, whatever's burning out at the fire is whats raining slowly and softly down on you. A few pieces of paper flutter around the roof. Chirrik suddenly sprints for the door at the end of the roof, and kicks it hard.
May 21 00:01:22 <WalrusKing> Matt: You can hear talking, but the voice Brock is answering to is not loud enough to be audible very well.
May 21 00:01:50 <Maddy> Hikaru tries to keep up. "Surely if she's military she understands your view anyways."
May 21 00:01:54 <WalrusKing> "I do not intend to stay here long. I intend only to give you advice, a warning."
May 21 00:02:07 <MonkeyBomb> "I'm listening."
May 21 00:02:24 <WalrusKing> Chirrik gives the door a kick, but doesn't seem to have the poewr to cloes the deal. The door stays steadyfast.
May 21 00:02:45 <PaulS_laptop> Matt begins skirting around the other way, intending to flank aroud behind the voices. Can't hurt to have a good flanking position
May 21 00:03:01 <PaulS_laptop> along the way, he's looking for a good line of sight on the guys
May 21 00:03:14 <Maddy> "Maybe I can unlock it?" she motions like unlocking a door.
May 21 00:03:26 <Echo> "Oooh, cool."
May 21 00:03:58 <WalrusKing> The door Chirrik is kicking has three fists drawn at it at the top right hand corner.
May 21 00:04:20 <WalrusKing> Not in a punching motion, but in a knocking position.
May 21 00:04:55 <WalrusKing> Matt: the easiest way might be around the building, or through the first shop.
May 21 00:05:23 <Maddy> "Or, I could knock?"
May 21 00:05:31 <Maddy> "Maybe that's what this means."
May 21 00:05:56 <PaulS_laptop> He's going around
May 21 00:06:16 <Echo> "Three knocks? Or three people touching it like that?"
May 21 00:06:31 <Maddy> "Why not try both?"
May 21 00:07:21 <Echo> "Knock first."
May 21 00:07:36 <WalrusKing> Theres a pause and then a laugh from the voice. "Though, having said that, I could hardly tell you what that message would be. Perhaps you should stay away from this whole business? I can not tell anymore. But I will tell you this at least, the pilot is not quite so weak or helpless as she looks. Do not underestimate her, and remember that no one can be trusted. Not from there. Not anymore."
May 21 00:07:54 <Maddy> She nods, aproaches and knock knock knock
May 21 00:08:01 <WalrusKing> Click
May 21 00:08:14 <Maddy> Jazz hand!
May 21 00:08:43 <Tehpillowstar> The girl with the magic hands is all alone out in the front of the office building. She wonders how Mitchell will react when he sees her alone out here.
May 21 00:08:55 <MonkeyBomb> This is slightly alarming news. "Who the hell are you?"
May 21 00:09:32 <PaulS_laptop> Matt continues creepin' around
May 21 00:09:35 <WalrusKing> The door swings open. Chirrik steps through and sweeps her rifle wildly. The door opens to reveal someplace far, far too large to fit on that roof. A grand, multistoried hall lined at regular intervals with doors, each having at the top right corner a number of knocking hands.
May 21 00:09:59 <Echo> "Chirrik…"
May 21 00:11:24 <WalrusKing> Chirrik shakes her head, and strains, as if listening for something.
May 21 00:11:44 <WalrusKing> Matt: roll subterfuge fieldcraft
May 21 00:11:48 <Echo> "…" Urgh. Mitchell's getting more and more uneasy.
May 21 00:12:17 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide's getting more and more bored.
May 21 00:13:20 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3 butning second AP. Creep Creep
May 21 00:13:20 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: butning second AP. Creep Creep: 4 (4df+3=+, -, 0, +)
May 21 00:14:22 <WalrusKing> "Me? I was a scientist once. Bureau of Extranormal Affairs Primary Researcher Deni Cregson." Theres a bitter tone in his voice.
May 21 00:15:00 <WalrusKing> Echo, Maddy: Perception
May 21 00:15:10 <Maddy> 4df+3 eyes!
May 21 00:15:11 <CROM> Maddy: eyes!: 2 (4df+3=-, 0, 0, 0)
May 21 00:15:20 <Echo> 4df+4 Don't fail me now.
May 21 00:15:21 <CROM> Echo: Don't fail me now.: 3 (4df+4=-, 0, -, +)
May 21 00:16:24 <WalrusKing> Matt: you round the corner of the building.
May 21 00:16:48 <PaulS_laptop> is there a door, or ready way in?
May 21 00:16:54 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide makes sure the light doesn't suddenly disappear
May 21 00:17:12 <WalrusKing> Maddy, Echo: Chirrik seems to hear something, but you couldn't be sure exactly what. She pales, takes a step back, and closes the door, assuming you are both still on the roof side.
May 21 00:17:27 <Maddy> Yes
May 21 00:17:39 <Echo> Yep. With that, Mitchell starts backing up toward the way they came in. "Chirrik, let's go."
May 21 00:17:54 <Maddy> "Agreed, I don't think ths is a good idea."
May 21 00:17:59 <MonkeyBomb> "Alright, Deni. If you were a scientist then I'm sure you're smart enough to realize your outnumbered and outgunned." He's gonna take a gamble on this, confident in his backup. "Why don't you come out and we can talk like two normal people. Look." He sets his rifle on the ground and holds out his hands, palms out. "We're not gonna hurt you."
May 21 00:18:14 <WalrusKing> Matt: Theres a darkened shape standing in a readied position on the open back door of the second shop. Looks like its wearing some sort of fatigues, and if you had to guess the mark has a gasmask on.
May 21 00:18:27 <Echo> The backing up turns into a jog, then a run towards the Door, back to the office building.
May 21 00:19:17 <WalrusKing> Chirrik stops and yanks and pushes on the door a few times, and then follows suit.
May 21 00:19:27 <Maddy> Hikaru also follows
May 21 00:19:42 <WalrusKing> The door seems to stay shut
May 21 00:20:09 <Echo> Mitchell's run turns into a sprint, and he doesn't stop til he's through the Door, and waving wildly at the other two to follow.
May 21 00:20:18 <PaulS_laptop> ~damn, I wish I'd made that can for the uzi~
May 21 00:20:38 <WalrusKing> Chirrik is right there, long legs carrying her speedily across the roof.
May 21 00:20:43 <MonkeyBomb> ~This was a bad idea…~
May 21 00:20:52 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide moves up towards the second shop. She's conflicted, as leaving her post means that there isn't anyone making sure that nothing sneaks up a the Door group.
May 21 00:21:05 <PaulS_laptop> Can Matt substitute strength for melee?
May 21 00:21:20 <Maddy> As Hikaru gets through. "Shisai, can you make sure nothing came back with us?"
May 21 00:21:31 <Maddy> "Like you did with the boy."
May 21 00:21:42 <WalrusKing> Matt: yes, but he is a good 20-30 m from the form.
May 21 00:22:17 <PaulS_laptop> Matt continues creepin, until he's 2-3m away
May 21 00:22:27 <WalrusKing> There is literally no cover
May 21 00:22:31 <Tehpillowstar> Can Adelaide see Matt creep?
May 21 00:22:40 <WalrusKing> TPS: he is on the other side of a building
May 21 00:22:47 <PaulS_laptop> is the man facing towards or away from him?
May 21 00:22:59 <WalrusKing> Towards, slightly inwards towards the open door.
May 21 00:23:20 <PaulS_laptop> door is directly in front, or to matt's side?
May 21 00:23:42 <WalrusKing> Haeta seems to concentrate. After some time she says. "I do not think so. But this Door is still not closed."
May 21 00:23:54 <WalrusKing> Pause
May 21 00:24:48 <WalrusKing> The stores have their fronts and main entrances towards the parking lot (the north)
May 21 00:24:59 <WalrusKing> The back exits are thus in the south
May 21 00:25:20 <WalrusKing> The shape is stacked on the exit to the second shop, so the second door down.
May 21 00:25:37 <WalrusKing> Brock is inside this shop.
May 21 00:26:21 <WalrusKing> Matt has snuck around the building, on the east side (which gets him closest to the mystery guest)
May 21 00:26:44 <WalrusKing> he is currently on the southmost, east corner of the building
May 21 00:26:54 <WalrusKing> this is around 20-30m from the shape
May 21 00:27:09 <WalrusKing> the shape is facing in that direction, slightly inwards towards the center of the shop.
May 21 00:27:18 <WalrusKing> Anyone want anything else described?
May 21 00:27:38 <Maddy> Decribe Mecha-Hitler
May 21 00:27:45 <PaulS_laptop> Matt continues creeping, taking advantage of the decreased field of view of the gas mask dude, due to the wall and that the man has a gas mask on. He's figuring if he can get hard up enough…
May 21 00:28:03 <PaulS_laptop> …agaist the wall, that he can close to 2-3m or so
May 21 00:28:27 <MonkeyBomb> Brock hopes he's not about to get shot in the face.
May 21 00:28:35 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide creeps up to the shop, wondering why they the pair hasn't come back yet.
May 21 00:28:38 <WalrusKing> Paul: being up against the wall would actually bring him closer to the field of view of the shape,
May 21 00:28:43 <WalrusKing> Hold your horses folks
May 21 00:28:46 <PaulS_laptop> ah, disregard then
May 21 00:29:16 <WalrusKing> The shape is on the outside of the bulding, facing northwards slightly into the second shop
May 21 00:29:52 <WalrusKing> Maddy: To defeat the Mecha-Hitler, shoot it until it dies.
May 21 00:29:58 <Maddy> thnx
May 21 00:30:03 <WalrusKing> Any one else want anything clarified?
May 21 00:30:33 <Tehpillowstar> Where is Adelaide
May 21 00:30:43 <WalrusKing> Out in the parking lot
May 21 00:30:45 <WalrusKing> Northwards
May 21 00:30:53 <Tehpillowstar> okay
May 21 00:31:06 <Tehpillowstar> Can she see Matt, and can she see the figure?
May 21 00:31:24 <Tehpillowstar> And is the parking lot exposeed?
May 21 00:31:26 <WalrusKing> No to both, as they are both behind the building
May 21 00:31:51 <Tehpillowstar> Okay then. Questions answers.
May 21 00:32:09 <WalrusKing> Alright, we good?
May 21 00:32:12 <PaulS_laptop> we good
May 21 00:32:26 <WalrusKing> unpause
May 21 00:32:29 <Echo> Mitchell slams that fucking Door With An X shut.
May 21 00:32:50 <Echo> He checks himself for little wispy things. Nothing stuck to him?
May 21 00:32:54 <WalrusKing> Mitchell: it was already closed. Last one through closed it. Haeta is reffering to something else.
May 21 00:33:01 <Echo> k
May 21 00:34:17 <WalrusKing> Haeta shakes her head as Mitchell tries the door. "Without a knock, anything that can open the door can come through or go there."
May 21 00:35:10 <Echo> "I saw we go get the others, and get them in here, and barricade the fuck out of it for now. Then get Chirrik back and try to figure out what the fuck she saw."
May 21 00:35:25 <WalrusKing> Mitchell: Theres some of the black stuff. After a close look, looks like it's some sort of burnt plastic. Theres also, something else. A paper? But perhaps a bit more plasticy. One of the ones that was fluttering around perhaps.
May 21 00:36:01 <PaulS_laptop> Matt brings up his rife, slowly, then swings around. to bring it to bear on the guy "Drop the weapon." A hushed tone, but audible to the Gas Mask Guy.
May 21 00:36:35 <Maddy> Hikaru dusts herself off.
May 21 00:36:50 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide pauses in the middle of the parking lot.
May 21 00:36:51 <WalrusKing> Mitchell: looks like a pamphlet of some sort
May 21 00:37:29 <Echo> There any marking/lettering on the little piece?"
May 21 00:37:32 <Echo> -"
May 21 00:38:43 <WalrusKing> The Gas Mask Guy looks up, takes a half step back. He has a gun of some sort in his hands, but it is pointed diagonally at the ground. He maintains what you would guess is eye contact, and unclips it from a carabiner, putting it down on the ground. While doing so, he takes several steps backwards.
May 21 00:38:58 <MonkeyBomb> Brock takes this moment of surprise to pick up his rifle.
May 21 00:39:56 <PaulS_laptop> "Good." Matt steps forward "Now, get down on your knees"
May 21 00:40:14 <WalrusKing> Gask Mask Guy takes off at a dead sprint away from the second shop, towards another door further down the wall. Brock is now between Matt and the figure.
May 21 00:40:38 <Tehpillowstar> Can Adelaide see Gas Mask Guy now?
May 21 00:40:49 <WalrusKing> TPS: no, the building is solid.
May 21 00:41:13 <Tehpillowstar> Can she hear something going down?
May 21 00:41:26 <MonkeyBomb> "Shit." Brock tries to tackle the dude before he can get away.
May 21 00:41:36 <MonkeyBomb> Or get in the way, at least.
May 21 00:41:43 <WalrusKing> TPS: Yup
May 21 00:41:46 <MonkeyBomb> If he can't get in the way, THEN he goes for the tackle.
May 21 00:41:54 <Tehpillowstar> !!!
May 21 00:42:03 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide runs over to the sound.
May 21 00:42:17 <WalrusKing> Brock: he's opposite direction from the retreat path of the guy.
May 21 00:42:22 <WalrusKing> Tackle it is
May 21 00:42:35 <WalrusKing> Roll unarmed
May 21 00:43:00 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3 C'mon…….
May 21 00:43:01 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: C'mon…….: 5 (4df+3=+, -, +, +)
May 21 00:43:07 <MonkeyBomb> YES
May 21 00:43:24 <WalrusKing> 4df+3 agil slippery eel
May 21 00:43:25 <CROM> WalrusKing: agil slippery eel: 2 (4df+3=+, -, 0, -)
May 21 00:43:57 <WalrusKing> Brock: you lurch into Mr Gas Mask. You both take a spill
May 21 00:44:17 <MonkeyBomb> Brock wrestles to pin the guy down.
May 21 00:44:42 <WalrusKing> TPS: best as you can figure, the correct way would be through the third shop. Navigating that might take a turn
May 21 00:44:54 <PaulS_laptop> Matt walks up, takes the guy's gun, and walks up to Brock/OtherGuy
May 21 00:45:07 <WalrusKing> 4df+3 He kicks Brock in the head
May 21 00:45:08 <CROM> WalrusKing: He kicks Brock in the head: 6 (4df+3=0, +, +, +)
May 21 00:45:13 <MonkeyBomb> o_o
May 21 00:45:24 <Tehpillowstar> There isn't any other faster way, is there?
May 21 00:45:27 <WalrusKing> No
May 21 00:45:38 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3 Fuck
May 21 00:45:38 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: Fuck: 3 (4df+3=0, -, +, 0)
May 21 00:45:42 <MonkeyBomb> AP to reroll
May 21 00:45:49 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3 Double fuck
May 21 00:45:49 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: Double fuck: 1 (4df+3=-, +, -, -)
May 21 00:45:52 <MonkeyBomb> Goddamnit.
May 21 00:45:57 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide takes it then.
May 21 00:45:57 <Maddy> :|
May 21 00:46:07 <Tehpillowstar> She crashes through the third shop.
May 21 00:46:31 <WalrusKing> Brock gets kicked straight in the eye by a nice big boot. -2 body
May 21 00:46:34 <MonkeyBomb> Ace growls ferociously.
May 21 00:46:48 <MonkeyBomb> Brock swears loudly.
May 21 00:46:53 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+5 last AP for Cows Around. Matt walks up, grabs his gun, quietly walks up to the fight pile, and delivers an M40 butt to GMG's head. Hard. This is a strength roll.
May 21 00:46:54 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: last AP for Cows Around. Matt walks up, grabs his gun, quietly walks up to the fight pile, and delivers an M40 butt to GMG's head. Hard. This is a strength roll.: 6 (4df+5=-, +, 0, +)
May 21 00:47:42 <WalrusKing> 4df+4 lets go pdef!
May 21 00:47:43 <CROM> WalrusKing: lets go pdef!: 5 (4df+4=+, 0, -, +)
May 21 00:48:25 <PaulS_laptop> "I said, on your knees"
May 21 00:48:50 <WalrusKing> Theres a painful sounding crack, the guy falls over clutching his skull. You can hear a slowly released grunt of pain from within the mask. Adelaide comes flying out the third shop door.
May 21 00:49:29 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide comes to save the—….day….
May 21 00:49:50 <MonkeyBomb> Brock gets up. He spits and wipes the blood from his face. He's sporting a fresh nosebleed.
May 21 00:49:51 <Tehpillowstar> She flies out, hands crackling with energy.
May 21 00:50:01 <Tehpillowstar> :|
May 21 00:50:09 <Tehpillowstar> "Looks like you've got it all together boys."
May 21 00:50:14 <MonkeyBomb> "Feisty little fucker."
May 21 00:50:21 <Echo> Mitchell starts making his way out of the building, unless there's anything else immediately hazardous found when he searched his person. He holds the scrap of pamphlet gingerly to avoid tearing it up any worse. Time to get away from that Door. Time to get the others to help barricade this bitch up.
May 21 00:50:26 <PaulS_laptop> Matt takes a knee on the man's [readily accessable pin point]
May 21 00:50:43 <WalrusKing> "Ngh." The guy is still rolling around on the floor.
May 21 00:50:53 <Maddy> Hikaru follows
May 21 00:51:15 <PaulS_laptop> "Adelade, gimmie a hand with him"
May 21 00:51:19 <WalrusKing> Haeta comes with. Chirrik trails after her, taking off her respirator and goggles. She looks tired.
May 21 00:51:33 <PaulS_laptop> "I want his mask off"
May 21 00:51:48 <Maddy> "We'll figure it out, friends."
May 21 00:51:59 <PaulS_laptop> Matt draws his pistol "Lay still"
May 21 00:52:22 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide releases the magical tension and she walks over to where the guy is, leans down and pulls off his gas mask.
May 21 00:53:31 <PaulS_laptop> "I was hopin' to see you like, magic it off" dry humor!
May 21 00:54:07 <Tehpillowstar> "Pfft."
May 21 00:55:10 <WalrusKing> Shortish gray hair, sunken eyes, a bleeding skull. Seems like he might have bit his tongue. A fresh layer of pepper and salt stubble. He stares back at you, and sighs. "May I at least ask you don't tell the pilot about me? My warning still stands."
May 21 00:55:37 <Tehpillowstar> "The pilot being the bird woman?"
May 21 00:55:50 <Tehpillowstar> wait redact
May 21 00:55:56 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide doesn't know anything about this dude
May 21 00:56:03 <Tehpillowstar> "Who the hell are you?"
May 21 00:56:28 <Echo> Mitchell hits the ground floor, looking around for their party. He whistles once. "Hello? Guys? Where'd y'all go?"
May 21 00:57:04 <Tehpillowstar> "And don't give me fucking riddles. I've been standing out here all night and I'm itching to try some magic on ya."
May 21 00:57:09 <PaulS_laptop> "Back here!"
May 21 00:57:17 <PaulS_laptop> "Got us another live one"
May 21 00:57:27 <PaulS_laptop> yelled
May 21 00:58:09 <Echo> "Oh shit." Mitchell takes off toward the direction the yell came from, a little slow, not wanting to leave Hikaru and Chirrik behind.
May 21 00:58:28 <Maddy> "Go ahead, I'll stay here. I think Chirrik is drained."
May 21 00:58:30 <WalrusKing> He seems panicked for a second. "I already told the other guy, just don't tell her about me, thats all I ask."
May 21 00:58:38 <MonkeyBomb> "Fine."
May 21 00:58:45 <Tehpillowstar> "Who's 'her'?"
May 21 00:59:25 <WalrusKing> "The pilot. Though I suppose you wouldn't know, given how much you seem to know about her people."
May 21 00:59:35 <Echo> "Aight." Mitchell hauls ass over to where he can presumably hear voices as gets closer, zeroing in on where Matt was hollering from. "We made it in."
May 21 00:59:39 <PaulS_laptop> "I'm gonna ask why I should bother"
May 21 00:59:41 <Tehpillowstar> "What does this pilot look like?"
May 21 00:59:51 <PaulS_laptop> "He means Chirruk"
May 21 01:00:02 <Tehpillowstar> She nods. "Why should we care?"
May 21 01:00:37 <Echo> "Place is fucked- oh, he's up an' runnin'?" Mitchell indicates the Man Previously Known As GMG.
May 21 01:01:16 <Tehpillowstar> His name is Deni Cregson.
May 21 01:01:28 <PaulS_laptop> Matt doesn't know his name
May 21 01:01:41 <PaulS_laptop> "You know him?"
May 21 01:01:51 <WalrusKing> The man hisses at you. "I already told you, you don't know what she's capable of. You don't know anything about her."
May 21 01:01:58 <PaulS_laptop> Matt is basically kneeling on hisnchest
May 21 01:02:01 <Tehpillowstar> "Then fucking TELL US."
May 21 01:02:11 <PaulS_laptop> "You didn't tell /me/ anything."
May 21 01:02:13 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide lights up her hand threateningly.
May 21 01:02:27 * MonkeyBomb has quit (Ping timeout: 181 seconds)
May 21 01:02:28 <PaulS_laptop> Matt raises his hand forcalm
May 21 01:02:37 <Echo> "Who's 'she'?"
May 21 01:02:46 <Tehpillowstar> "Chirrik, apparently."
May 21 01:03:31 <Echo> "What about 'er?"
May 21 01:03:31 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide lowers her hand.
May 21 01:03:38 <WalrusKing> The man pales slightly, but glances up at Mitchell. "The pilot. She's less fragile than she looks, and you can't trust anyone from over there."
May 21 01:03:58 <Tehpillowstar> "Why can't we trust anyone from over there?"
May 21 01:05:04 <Echo> "Well yeah. She seems like she's military."
May 21 01:05:32 <Echo> "An' we just went in with her." Mitchell glances over at Matt. "We made a push in through the door. Can't get the damn thing locked."
May 21 01:05:49 <Echo> "Other side's fucked up six ways to Sunday."
May 21 01:05:59 <WalrusKing> The man starts a hacking laugh at you, then settles down again. "That man there seems like he just had a visit. He ought to tell you."
May 21 01:06:02 <PaulS_laptop> "Can it be destroyed?"
May 21 01:06:09 <PaulS_laptop> to matt
May 21 01:06:21 <Maddy> you are matt
May 21 01:06:27 <Echo> lol
May 21 01:06:34 <PaulS_laptop> mitchell
May 21 01:07:38 <Echo> "The Door? Fuck if I know. Haeata says it ain't like the others. Either it's here an' ain't supposed to be, or somebody was muckin' around with the thing, or some shit. We ain't got a Knock for it, either. She said shit can come in *or* out of it, like, just goin' through it. Open an' close at-will."
May 21 01:07:40 <WalrusKing> "I'm guessing it is too late, and she'll be walking through that door there any second. I should hope you don't let her kill me at least."
May 21 01:08:13 <Echo> "I say we at least try barricadin' the thing until we can get Chirrik talkin' more, start translatin' some shit."
May 21 01:08:36 <WalrusKing> Chirrik continues to make her way across the lot with Hikaru.
May 21 01:08:51 <Echo> "Oh, an' I found a pamphlet. Well, a piece'a one. Over on the other side. Looks like there's a bigass fire burnin' way out in the distance."
May 21 01:09:05 <WalrusKing> They're basically ~30 seconds from walking in on the conversation.
May 21 01:09:15 <WalrusKing> Echo: Do you look at the pamphlet
May 21 01:09:17 <Maddy> "How are you feeling?" She laughs a little. "Feels a little strange talkinglike this, since I have no way of knoe if you understand"
May 21 01:09:21 <PaulS_laptop> "Why would she kill you?"
May 21 01:09:25 <Echo> He's looked at it several times now.
May 21 01:09:43 <WalrusKing> "Because she knows as well as I do that you can't trust anyone."
May 21 01:10:03 <WalrusKing> Pause
May 21 01:17:55 <WalrusKing> Unpause: The man looks up at Mitchell, and theres a strange look in his eyes. "You found one of the pamphlets, huh? Did you try reading the inside?"
May 21 01:18:21 <Echo> YES
May 21 01:18:29 <Echo> Wait, did he?
May 21 01:18:40 <Echo> It's just a little half-burned piece that's left over.
May 21 01:18:52 <WalrusKing> I assumed Mitchell was only looking at the outside. Theres a piece of the inside left over.
May 21 01:19:22 <Echo> We'll say no then. He was just getting out of there and looking for the rest of the group. Cursory glance.
May 21 01:19:47 <WalrusKing> The man gives a slightly desperate sounding chuckle. "Do it then, have a glance."
May 21 01:20:09 <Echo> "What's so important about the pamphlets? There's burnt shit floatin' around all over the place. Like ashes an' shit…" He trails off, flipping the thing open. "What's the deal?"
May 21 01:20:18 <WalrusKing> Something about the thing chills you. The cheap plastic-paper substrate bears what looks like some sort of a copy of a blueprint. The blueprint is mostly burned off, but the label remains. Something's gone terribly wrong with the label, and it feels as if someone overwrote the same spot hundreds of times in as many languages, even though that ought to render the thing unreadable. The 'topmost' language seems to be en
May 21 01:20:18 <WalrusKing> glish. It reads. 'Do your part! Know everything about the latest Centerlab project, now in construction: The Yellow Tower.' . The whole thing, the last few words especially, are somehow fiercely nauseating to look at, and something feels wrong about the thing.
May 21 01:20:57 <Tehpillowstar> "Mitchell?"
May 21 01:20:58 <Echo> "…" He tosses it down. "What the fuck is that?"
May 21 01:22:17 <WalrusKing> The man give a slightly hollow laugh. "Yes, you see it now, no? That was our ruin." Hikaru and Chirrik come walking through the door.
May 21 01:22:24 <Echo> "Don't look at it. You. What's Centerlab? Yellow Tower? That got some shit to do with this? Or Chirrik? Like, what's the fuckin' scheme here?"
May 21 01:23:35 <WalrusKing> Chirriks eyes narrow as she takes the situation in. She shouts something in the less birdlike of her languages. The man answers haggardly in the same.
May 21 01:24:10 <Echo> "Okay, how about everybody settle down?"
May 21 01:24:11 <PaulS_laptop> "So y'all /do/ actually know eachother"
May 21 01:24:22 <Echo> "Ain't no need to shout. Shit's confusin' enough as it is."
May 21 01:25:54 <WalrusKing> Chirrik seems enormously agitated. Her rifle comes up. She is still shouting.
May 21 01:26:01 <PaulS_laptop> "Can I get an english translation?"
May 21 01:26:12 <Maddy> "Hey!" Hikaru moves infront of her.
May 21 01:26:23 <PaulS_laptop> Cherrik's rifle is probably in the general direction of Matt, too
May 21 01:26:38 <Echo> "WHOA!" Mitchell moves between the two… behind Hikaru. "You need to lower that."
May 21 01:26:51 <Echo> He moves over to block the line of fire at Matt.
May 21 01:27:06 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide holds her hand out towards Chirrik.
May 21 01:28:15 <Echo> "Dude, tell 'er that us startin' to blast each other ain't gonna answer shit right now. Lower the gun."
May 21 01:28:58 <WalrusKing> Chirrik takes a step back, and lowers her rifle. She keeps shouting for another few seconds, and then seems to come to some conclusion, and abruptly stops talking. She lowers her rifle, and sits down, glowering at Deni.
May 21 01:30:46 <WalrusKing> He gives a tired smile. "I think your meaning was understood."
May 21 01:32:05 <Maddy> "What the hell is going on here?"
May 21 01:32:15 <Echo> "Okay, great, so now while everybody's got their friends hats on, instead'a beatin' around the bush, or tellin' me to look at a pamphlet that for some weird fuckin' reason makes me wanna puke… enlighten us. Spin our heads around. Give us some info that'll help us understand what the hell's goin' on an why there was a shootin' war here the other day, an' why
May 21 01:32:22 <Echo> y'all two wanna kill each other."
May 21 01:32:39 <Echo> "Or yeah, like she said. Straight an' to the point."
May 21 01:32:56 <Tehpillowstar> "We ain't got all night here."
May 21 01:32:57 <Echo> Mitchell tosses a hand out toward Hikaru.
May 21 01:34:06 <WalrusKing> "For what happened the other day, I can merely speculate that bandits are a universal constant. Each would kill the other because we are no longer in a position to trust anyone."
May 21 01:34:26 <Echo> "Yeah you mentioned that."
May 21 01:34:40 <Maddy> "Why the mistrust?"
May 21 01:37:01 <WalrusKing> "As for why that is, I can not safely say I have the whole picture, not anymore. We did something we should not, we did. I mean us as coalition, a people. We looked after the dangerous, the unexplainable, and we turned it to use where we could. And we were good at it, so good, perhaps that we lost sight of how great the possibility of failure was, and how large the consequence of a mistake would be."
May 21 01:38:18 <Echo> "Can you just tell us how you know each other. About the pamphlet. Why it made my head hurt. The Tower you mentioned."
May 21 01:41:40 <PaulS_laptop> "It's gettin pretty late out. What's about we grab him, take him back to camp"
May 21 01:41:55 <Maddy> "Well as long as they can promise not to kill eachother."
May 21 01:42:02 <WalrusKing> "I know her only by her uniform and glimpses and run ins over the past … two months maybe. I do not know her personally. The pamphlet catalogues our final mistake. It made your head hurt because you have seen just enough not to understand the thing. The Tower, The Yellow Tower was a mistake whose equal I can't imagine. I can't give you everything. I don't even know if anyone knows the answers to all the questions a
May 21 01:42:02 <WalrusKing> nymore. I would like some medical attention now please, as I think I am concussed."
May 21 01:42:32 <Maddy> "Though it seems their world suffered a fate similar to ours."
May 21 01:42:38 <Echo> "Shit. You know what, fuck it. Yeah. We can do all this shit at home. Just make sure Chirrik don't try to kill 'im or some shit. We'll get John on 'im, take care'a that head."
May 21 01:42:45 <Maddy> "Everything is broken here too."
May 21 01:43:11 <Echo> "An' yeah, seems like. Fuck."
May 21 01:43:22 <Maddy> "Maybe at the very least we can make you two comfortable here, and make sure whatever you made on the other side doesnt come out."
May 21 01:43:34 <Echo> Mitchell starts off toward the truck, none to pleased by either the weird-ass Door or this turn of events.
May 21 01:44:12 <PaulS_laptop> Matt gets up and offers Deni a hand up
May 21 01:44:22 <WalrusKing> He shakes his head, but seems to be slipping into some sort of less functional state. He might be accurate about the concussion.
May 21 01:44:56 <PaulS_laptop> he just got his head smashed in by a rifle butt, swung by a cowboy. Concussion is guaranteed