Into the Basin

Jul 28 22:31:42 <Tom90deg> Zoe checks ovre her gear as she follows the group, idly humming to herself.
Jul 28 22:31:51 * TroyL (~ten.tenreitnorf.nt.lvkc.20rd.640CD21F-CRInys|LyorT#ten.tenreitnorf.nt.lvkc.20rd.640CD21F-CRInys|LyorT) has joined #afteractionmission
Jul 28 22:32:00 * TroyL stumbles into the room.
Jul 28 22:32:47 <Maddy> Bou follows closely behind Issur, excited as all hell.
Jul 28 22:33:06 * Liebe (moc.rr.ser.submuloc.C021E544-CRInys|tibbiM#moc.rr.ser.submuloc.C021E544-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
Jul 28 22:33:34 <Light> Issur brings a packed pack- his ice axe, after the last adventure's incidents, is available and easily accessible through the straps despite the lack of ice present, and he carries his hunting rifle as well. Just in case. He leads them down what I'm assuming is an abandoned paved road to nowhere.
Jul 28 22:34:56 * Liebe is now known as Praetor
Jul 28 22:35:10 * Praetor is now known as Sabitsuki
Jul 28 22:35:22 * Sabitsuki is now known as Liebe
Jul 28 22:36:18 <Light> "It, um, was a lot darker when I was barreling out of here. But this is almost definitely it."
Jul 28 22:36:25 <Maddy> As they walk the forest seems to get thicker for a while, making the need for flashlights great.
Jul 28 22:37:15 <Dexanote> Myr takes her sunglasses off begrudgingly, hanging them on her collar. "Why do we do this stuff at night?"
Jul 28 22:37:33 <Tom90deg> "Because it's cooler that way."
Jul 28 22:37:35 <Maddy> "It's more exciting?" Bou is making james bond music.
Jul 28 22:37:47 <TroyL> Lament is whistling softly, slipping his hand into Myr's, cause Yeeaaahhh. Romance.
Jul 28 22:37:52 <Maddy> "Dun dun dun dundundun~"
Jul 28 22:38:08 <Maddy> Wait thats mission imposible isnt it?
Jul 28 22:39:03 <TroyL> Lament beings to whistle mission impossible,
Jul 28 22:39:06 <Light> "Because we're all insane, I think." He's grinning but rather nervous. Of couse it's hard to tell in the dark.
Jul 28 22:39:18 <Dexanote> Myr takes his hand, drifting a bit closer to Lament. This'd almost be nice, if there weren't monsters everywhere.
Jul 28 22:39:38 <Light> He pulls out and affixes a headlamp.
Jul 28 22:39:47 <Tom90deg> "Well, we know that. Wonder if there might be a diffrent reason."
Jul 28 22:40:07 <Maddy> The forest is still and quiet, but not in a creepy way. It's just night and animals ar sleeping. The Forrest starts to thin out again
Jul 28 22:40:44 <Tom90deg> "Careful about that light, it'll kill our night vision, and let everyone else know we're coming. I don't suppose you brought some night vision goggles Troy?"
Jul 28 22:41:04 <TroyL> "Nope." He's wearing them now.
Jul 28 22:41:25 <Tom90deg> "Good to know.
Jul 28 22:41:28 <Maddy> "Night vision isn't worth shit if it's this dark." Bou can see fine of course. She doesn't /have/ night or day vision.
Jul 28 22:41:39 <Light> Issur sighs and turns it off. "I swear, I don't -have- night vision any more."
Jul 28 22:41:44 * EchoFourDelta (PI.B08D965B.A9A9687F.15F88128|tibbiM#PI.B08D965B.A9A9687F.15F88128|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
Jul 28 22:41:44 * ChanServ sets mode +q #afteractionmission EchoFourDelta
Jul 28 22:41:44 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to EchoFourDelta
Jul 28 22:42:05 <Tom90deg> "Depends on that kind it is. What do you think Troy? turn on our lights?"
Jul 28 22:42:55 <Maddy> It's like, crazy dark guys, without NVG or flashlights, you're not seeing anything.
Jul 28 22:43:11 <TroyL> "I think we should leave the lights on, guys."
Jul 28 22:43:19 <Tom90deg> "Fair enough."
Jul 28 22:43:27 * TroyL uses GM knowledge senses to be a smart on in the party.
Jul 28 22:43:32 <Light> He flicks it back on.
Jul 28 22:43:39 <Light> Ah, vision.
Jul 28 22:44:00 <Maddy> Eventually, you can see some lights in what looks like a huge clearing up ahead.
Jul 28 22:44:29 <TroyL> "Let's… take it slow guys. Lamps down. Bou? Keep a… 'eye'… out."
Jul 28 22:44:40 <Tom90deg> "You want me to take a look and report back Troy?"
Jul 28 22:44:51 <Maddy> "Can do!"
Jul 28 22:45:12 <TroyL> "If you can do it without something awful happening to you, then yes."
Jul 28 22:45:51 <Tom90deg> "Well, I can't give you 100% assurance of that. But I'm hard to spot, and I won't get close. Just enough to see what's going on."
Jul 28 22:45:56 <Light> "Here we are," Issur nods. He flicks the light off and attempts blurrily to examine the objects in the clearing.
Jul 28 22:46:16 <TroyL> "Then do it."
Jul 28 22:46:30 <Dexanote> Myr mutters something to Lament.
Jul 28 22:47:21 <Tom90deg> 4df+7 (Tag "Stop Thief" 5 AP)Zoe nods, and moves into the darkness, towards the light, slowly and quietly.
Jul 28 22:47:22 <CROM> Tom90deg: (Tag "Stop Thief" 5 AP)Zoe nods, and moves into the darkness, towards the light, slowly and quietly.: 5 (4df+7=-, +, -, -)
Jul 28 22:47:56 <TroyL> He murmurs something back.
Jul 28 22:48:53 <Maddy> Zoe makes it to the edge of the clearing. Athletics!
Jul 28 22:49:20 <Tom90deg> 4df+3
Jul 28 22:49:21 <CROM> Tom90deg: 0 (4df+3=-, 0, -, -)
Jul 28 22:49:37 <Maddy> Actually scratch that, I misread
Jul 28 22:50:43 <Maddy> She gets to the edge of the clearing and sees that a mear two feet from where the trees stop, there's a huge crater. It's large enough that you can't see the other side clearly, but for some torches lining it.
Jul 28 22:52:20 <Tom90deg> Zoe looks for any movement in the crater, any people or anything.
Jul 28 22:53:18 <Maddy> There is a whole town down there. It's night, so there don't seem to be many people out. In the center of the crater is a tal tower, covered in ivy.
Jul 28 22:53:43 <Tom90deg> Zoe nods,and heads back to the group, reporting on what she saw.
Jul 28 22:55:41 <Tom90deg> "Don't know what happned with that crater though. What's the plan?"
Jul 28 22:55:54 <Maddy> "Didja find a way in?"
Jul 28 22:56:23 <Tom90deg> "Didn't get close enough, but it looks a bit open. The decent is gonna be tricky. It's just a huge crater."
Jul 28 22:56:34 <Tom90deg> "Not many people our either, so that's always good."
Jul 28 22:57:02 <Maddy> "I'm going to go look for a way in." Bou sets off!
Jul 28 22:57:28 <Dexanote> "Well. If there's a town in there, there's gotta be an entrance of some sort. Even a wooden stairway."
Jul 28 22:57:46 <Maddy> "Come wif me?"
Jul 28 22:58:07 <Tom90deg> "Probaly is, but I didn't want to get in too close. The crater is massive, it'd of taken me a while to get around it."
Jul 28 22:58:16 <TroyL> Lament nods. "Sure, kiddo. Lets check it all."
Jul 28 22:58:25 <Tom90deg> Zoe follows after Bou.
Jul 28 22:58:47 <Maddy> As Bou gets to the edge… "Left or right?"
Jul 28 22:59:09 <TroyL> "Left. Always go left." He laughs a little.
Jul 28 22:59:31 * Light has quit (Quit: Leaving)
Jul 28 22:59:36 <Tom90deg> "Unless you're in a maze."
Jul 28 22:59:48 <Maddy> Bou nods and they go LEFT! Perception
Jul 28 23:00:13 <Tom90deg> 4df+2
Jul 28 23:00:13 <CROM> Tom90deg: -1 (4df+2=-, -, 0, -)
Jul 28 23:00:30 <TroyL> 4df+3 Werd
Jul 28 23:00:31 <CROM> TroyL: Werd: 2 (4df+3=0, -, -, +)
Jul 28 23:00:46 <Maddy> Zoe get poked in the eye by a low hanging branch.
Jul 28 23:01:07 <Dexanote> 4df+3
Jul 28 23:01:08 <CROM> Dexanote: 4 (4df+3=0, +, 0, 0)
Jul 28 23:01:34 <Tom90deg> Zoe hisses slightly, rubbing her eye. "Bloody branches…"
Jul 28 23:01:50 <Dexanote> Troy's presumably preoccupied imagining Bou's sister's "Tracts of land".
Jul 28 23:01:51 <Maddy> Myrtle is the only one who notices a series of switch-back trails leading down into the crater. It's lined with torches.
Jul 28 23:03:26 <Tom90deg> "Hate the forest…"
Jul 28 23:04:04 <TroyL> Huge tracts…
Jul 28 23:04:04 <Dexanote> She tugs Troy's hand. "Guys. Like I said. Stairs." She points towards the torches, pulling Troy along.
Jul 28 23:04:24 <TroyL> "Hehe.. Always stairs with you… Never an elevator…"
Jul 28 23:04:48 <Maddy> It's very well lit. If people down there havent spotted you already, they\ll see you coming down the mountain when you..go.
Jul 28 23:05:15 <Dexanote> "Nobody holds the door for me."
Jul 28 23:05:23 <Tom90deg> "What do you think, we'll be sitting ducks if we walk down there…"
Jul 28 23:05:34 <Dexanote> "Well, WE won't be, Zoe."
Jul 28 23:08:19 <TroyL> "Well, just wait until I find a door…"
Jul 28 23:08:34 <TroyL> "And… lets walk it. Bou? Is your sister gonna give us problems?"
Jul 28 23:08:43 <Maddy> "My sister is super nice."
Jul 28 23:08:58 <Dexanote> She glances at Lament.
Jul 28 23:09:06 <Maddy> Bou stars walking down the super duper steep trail.
Jul 28 23:09:21 <Tom90deg> "I'm not worried about her sister,I'm worried about the people who may deem us unworthy."
Jul 28 23:09:30 <Tom90deg> Zoe follows after Bou carefully.
Jul 28 23:11:30 <Maddy> Another ten minutes go by, and as they get to the bottom, they see there are 3 cloaked figures waiting at the bottom.
Jul 28 23:11:33 <TroyL> He squeezes her hand. "C'mon. I trust her."
Jul 28 23:13:35 <Maddy> Bou stops, stares at the people and hides behind Troy.
Jul 28 23:13:51 <Dexanote> She lets out a quiet sigh, squeezing back. "What is it, Bou?"
Jul 28 23:13:56 <Tom90deg> Zoe glances at Troy when she sees the three cloaked people.
Jul 28 23:14:11 <TroyL> He lets her get back there. "Hello." Nice, even voice. "We're looking for someone."
Jul 28 23:15:09 <Maddy> "You have a Nymph with you. Have you come to give tribute to the Lady?"
Jul 28 23:15:44 <TroyL> "….Tribute?"
Jul 28 23:16:45 <Maddy> "Gifts, to prove you are worthy." the two other figures flanking the speaker seem uncomfortable.
Jul 28 23:17:21 <TroyL> Can I perception to analyze these dudes?
Jul 28 23:17:49 <Dexanote> May I Stealth?
Jul 28 23:18:06 <Maddy> Sure! Jsut let me know what youre trying to do, and yes dex
Jul 28 23:19:08 <TroyL> 4df+5 Tagging Foundation Trained: Looking for suspicious or out of place shit. A-NOM-LICIOUS.
Jul 28 23:19:09 <CROM> TroyL: Tagging Foundation Trained: Looking for suspicious or out of place shit. A-NOM-LICIOUS.: 4 (4df+5=-, 0, 0, 0)
Jul 28 23:20:09 <Maddy> These three don't seem to be anomalous at all, though the body language on the ones not speaking is extremely tense.
Jul 28 23:21:18 <Dexanote> 4df+4 Stealthing.
Jul 28 23:21:19 <CROM> Dexanote: Stealthing.: 6 (4df+4=+, +, +, -)
Jul 28 23:21:28 <Maddy> 4df+3 eyes
Jul 28 23:21:29 <CROM> Maddy: eyes: 6 (4df+3=+, 0, +, +)
Jul 28 23:21:38 <Maddy> Myrtle fades away
Jul 28 23:21:54 <Dexanote> Myr slips out of Lament's hand and blends into the night.
Jul 28 23:21:59 <TroyL> Hmmm…. Lament is going to stride forward a little bit, trusting the Myr has got his back. "I'm not sure why tribute is necessary to you. I'm here to see you mistress, and I accompany her sister as her aid. Is this a problem?"
Jul 28 23:22:23 <Maddy> Bou peeks out O_O
Jul 28 23:23:02 <Maddy> "Sister? I have no knowledge of a…" he looks at Bou. "Follow me. you will speak to the elder."
Jul 28 23:24:04 <TroyL> Lament motions for Bou. "C'mon… Mistress Bou. Lets go speak to the elder." Myr, your ass better be on top of this…
Jul 28 23:24:24 <Tom90deg> Zoe follows behind Troy, quietly watching.
Jul 28 23:24:27 <Dexanote> Not the time to think about her ass, Troy.
Jul 28 23:24:45 <TroyL> It wasn't just her ass. It was her ass on /dis/. Awww yeah.
Jul 28 23:25:38 <Maddy> The three men lead the group to the centre of town, outside of the tower. Five more people stand by the door. One in robes, two in what looks like armour made from bark, and the last two in plain fabric clothing.
Jul 28 23:26:01 <Maddy> The one leading you motions for you to wait as he enters the tower.
Jul 28 23:27:06 <TroyL> Lament mumbles. "Some kinda weird druids or something?" Hear my words, Myr.
Jul 28 23:27:55 <Tom90deg> "Mmm."
Jul 28 23:30:53 <Maddy> Sometimes later, an old, grumpy, wrinkled old man is led out, leaning on a gnared cane.
Jul 28 23:32:16 <TroyL> Lament waits for him to get closer before speaking at all.
Jul 28 23:32:51 <Maddy> They stop a healthy distance from the group, but close enough for speaking. "Where is the sister?"
Jul 28 23:34:24 <TroyL> "Could you please explain who you are, first? We must be sure we're at the right place."
Jul 28 23:35:37 <Maddy> "I am the Elder of the Order of The Beautiful Lady. She who makes the trees grow and who's beauty is beyond human sight."
Jul 28 23:37:38 <TroyL> "Then you will know the answer to my riddle, sir." Lament is reaching here. "What is the lady's favorite flower?"
Jul 28 23:39:02 <Maddy> "A trivial test, youngun. Her flowers are her favourites. The deadliest of the Ladies. Our Shade in the Night."
Jul 28 23:39:25 <TroyL> Lament looks at Bou. "Is that right?"
Jul 28 23:39:52 <Maddy> Bou seems to puzzle over it. "Ermmm…YES! Deadly Nightshade!"
Jul 28 23:41:01 <TroyL> Lament nods. "Would you like to talk to these people? They seem to serve your sister in some capacity, I believe."
Jul 28 23:41:08 <TroyL> Cult. Oh boy.
Jul 28 23:41:29 <Tom90deg> Zoe makes a mental note to not accept any food or drink.
Jul 28 23:41:38 <Maddy> "I wanna see my sister, you wrinkly rasin man!"
Jul 28 23:42:50 <TroyL> Lament looks at him. He is, in fact, a wrinkly raisin man. He nods his approval.
Jul 28 23:44:20 <Maddy> The guards grumble, offended at someone insulting their leader, but they don't move yet. The Elder ust laughs. "If you want to see the lady, you will have to best her guardian. He listens to no one any longer."
Jul 28 23:44:30 <Maddy> "He only lives to protect the lady."
Jul 28 23:44:52 * Disconnected (An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine).
ENDING LOGGING AT Sat Jul 28 23:44:52 2012

BEGIN LOGGING AT Sat Jul 28 23:45:23 2012

Jul 28 23:45:23 * Now talking on #afteractionmission
Jul 28 23:45:23 * Topic for #afteractionmission is: If *anything* is occurring IC, take Battledome elsewhere | Maddy: It's not a lot but its worth a shot, get that arm around his neck, girl.: 4 (4df=+, +, +, +) E4D: Burning fate, and pushing her tiny arm away.: 2 (4df+6=-, -, -, -)
Jul 28 23:45:23 * Topic for #afteractionmission set by E4D at Fri Jan 06 11:39:51 2012
Jul 28 23:45:23 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to AliceD
Jul 28 23:45:31 * Maddy has quit (NickServ (GHOST command used by AliceD))
Jul 28 23:45:31 -NickServ- Ghost with your nick has been killed.
Jul 28 23:45:39 <TroyL> <TroyL> "Right. Guardians. Guardians are total bitches." Guardians are never bitches.
Jul 28 23:45:39 <TroyL> <Tom90deg> "Define Best, if you please. Do we just have to get past it, or defeat it?"
Jul 28 23:45:41 * You are now known as Maddy
Jul 28 23:46:37 <Maddy> "I find it hard to believe you would get past him without defeating him."
Jul 28 23:46:53 <Tom90deg> Zoe grins slightly.
Jul 28 23:48:11 <TroyL> "Right. Well. I am going to expect that he's in that tower behind you? Or off in a grove or something?"
Jul 28 23:49:26 <Maddy> "He is on the second floor. Men, these three have my leave to enter. I Will join them if they best the guardian."
Jul 28 23:49:39 <Dexanote> Myr returns to the group, but doesn't drop shroud in the middle of conversation. That's /rude/.
Jul 28 23:50:57 <Maddy> The guars reluctently move from the door. "Good luck. I will mour the loss of the Nymph if you fail."
Jul 28 23:51:28 <Tom90deg> "Don't suppose you could offer us any hints in regards to this guardian."
Jul 28 23:51:37 <Maddy> "That would be telling."
Jul 28 23:52:24 <Tom90deg> 4df+3 (Persuasion) "Please?"
Jul 28 23:52:24 <CROM> Tom90deg: (Persuasion) "Please?": 4 (4df+3=0, +, 0, 0)
Jul 28 23:53:21 <Maddy> "No."
Jul 28 23:53:39 <Tom90deg> Zoe shurgs. "Alright."
Jul 28 23:54:45 <Maddy> "Should we go?" Bou looks up at Lamment.
Jul 28 23:55:11 <TroyL> "Not much of a choice here, I don't think, kiddo. Not if you wanna see your sister."
Jul 28 23:55:57 <Maddy> "I could fight the guardian by myself." she starts walking forwards. "She's not your sister."
Jul 28 23:56:19 <TroyL> His hand closes on her shoulder. "No… But you're family."
Jul 28 23:56:22 <TroyL> He smiles.
Jul 28 23:56:32 <TroyL> "And I won't let you do that alone. Alright?"
Jul 28 23:56:35 <Tom90deg> "We've got your back Bou."
Jul 28 23:56:44 <Dexanote> "We've survived worse.
Jul 28 23:56:46 <Dexanote> :
Jul 28 23:56:47 <Dexanote> "
Jul 28 23:57:58 <Maddy> "OK!" She smiles. As they head through the first floor, the guards in ther sneer and stare. One points violently at the group then at the stairs at the back.
Jul 29 00:00:26 <Tom90deg> Zoe carefully draws out her sword, looking up at the stairs.
Jul 29 00:01:15 <TroyL> Lament pulls out the Deagle (Just kidding, his gun) and takes a step foward. "Well… lets do this. Zoe, Me, Boa, Myr."
Jul 29 00:01:45 <Tom90deg> "Right."
Jul 29 00:01:51 <Dexanote> Myr draws her gun. "I've got you."
Jul 29 00:02:36 <Tom90deg> Zoe draws one of her pieces of rebar in the other hand.
Jul 29 00:04:09 <Maddy> As they head up, the next room is almost like being in the forest again. Perception!
Jul 29 00:04:40 <Tom90deg> 4df+2
Jul 29 00:04:40 <CROM> Tom90deg: 2 (4df+2=+, -, 0, 0)
Jul 29 00:04:43 <TroyL> ((Is this for somethiing paranormal?))
Jul 29 00:05:18 <Maddy> yes
Jul 29 00:05:23 <Dexanote> 4df+3 SUNGLASSES. ARE. OFF.
Jul 29 00:05:24 <CROM> Dexanote: SUNGLASSES. ARE. OFF.: 2 (4df+3=+, 0, -, -)
Jul 29 00:05:30 <TroyL> 4df+5 (Tagging Foundation Trained)
Jul 29 00:05:30 <CROM> TroyL: (Tagging Foundation Trained): 5 (4df+5=0, 0, +, -)
Jul 29 00:06:38 <Maddy> Troy notices, very clearly that the tree at the centre of the room is very humanoid…and might be breathing.
Jul 29 00:06:53 <TroyL> He points that shit out! Analysis!
Jul 29 00:07:02 <TroyL> 4df+4 HOW DO I INTO KILL TIEM?
Jul 29 00:07:03 <CROM> TroyL: HOW DO I INTO KILL TIEM?: 3 (4df+4=-, 0, +, -)
Jul 29 00:07:40 <Maddy> Fire would probably work. The tree starts to move, it's large, orange eyes opening and staring.
Jul 29 00:08:43 <TroyL> "Kill it with fire, if possible!" ((Kids can tag this shit for a +2 three times total))
Jul 29 00:09:12 <Tom90deg> "This whole place is made of wood though!"
Jul 29 00:09:22 <Maddy> The tower is made of stone.
Jul 29 00:09:44 <Dexanote> "… Ugh." Myr immediately thinks that DUSTIN COLE would be useful here.
Jul 29 00:10:09 <Dexanote> She draws her gun. Should we bring up a Turn Order?
Jul 29 00:10:12 <Tom90deg> *Disregard*
Jul 29 00:10:44 <Tom90deg> "Right, fire it is." Zoe reaches into her pocket, feeling the Australia zippo that Jason gave her so long ago.
Jul 29 00:10:45 <Maddy> You guys have the first move. Troy->Zoe->Myr->Bou
Jul 29 00:12:44 <Dexanote> Troy went.
Jul 29 00:12:59 <Dexanote> 4df+4 Stealth.
Jul 29 00:12:59 <CROM> Dexanote: Stealth.: 4 (4df+4=0, -, +, 0)
Jul 29 00:13:18 <Dexanote> Myr pulls back the hammer on her revolver and draws back, fading into shadows.
Jul 29 00:13:28 <Tom90deg> 4df+5 Zoe tries to move into the shadows of the forest.
Jul 29 00:13:29 <CROM> Tom90deg: Zoe tries to move into the shadows of the forest.: 7 (4df+5=+, -, +, +)
Jul 29 00:14:19 <Maddy> 4df I am a tree my eyes are shitty.
Jul 29 00:14:20 <CROM> Maddy: I am a tree my eyes are shitty.: -2 (4df=-, -, 0, 0)
Jul 29 00:14:30 <Maddy> You both win, go you.
Jul 29 00:15:42 <Maddy> Bou's turn. "I NEED A GRENADE!"
Jul 29 00:15:54 <Maddy> "Someone give me a grenaaaaade!"
Jul 29 00:15:58 <TroyL> "Don't you have one!?"
Jul 29 00:16:06 <Maddy> "NOT A REAL ONE!"
Jul 29 00:16:26 <TroyL> "TRY IT!"
Jul 29 00:16:42 <Maddy> 4df+3 she throws her practice grenade!
Jul 29 00:16:43 <CROM> Maddy: she throws her practice grenade!: 3 (4df+3=0, -, +, 0)
Jul 29 00:17:05 <Maddy> 4df+4 Def
Jul 29 00:17:05 <CROM> Maddy: Def: 4 (4df+4=-, 0, +, 0)
Jul 29 00:17:22 <Maddy> The shot goes wide, first off, then it just makes a loud noise and does nothing.
Jul 29 00:19:04 <Maddy> The tree swings it's great arm in a sweep.
Jul 29 00:19:11 <Maddy> 4df+4 vs ALL OF YOU
Jul 29 00:19:12 <CROM> Maddy: vs ALL OF YOU: 6 (4df+4=+, +, 0, 0)
Jul 29 00:19:58 <TroyL> 4df+3 OH JESUS
Jul 29 00:19:58 <CROM> TroyL: OH JESUS: 1 (4df+3=-, +, -, -)
Jul 29 00:20:04 <Tom90deg> 4df+7 (Dodge 4 ap left)
Jul 29 00:20:04 <CROM> Tom90deg: (Dodge 4 ap left): 9 (4df+7=-, +, +, +)
Jul 29 00:20:32 <Maddy> 4df+1 Bou
Jul 29 00:20:32 <CROM> Maddy: Bou: 1 (4df+1=0, 0, +, -)
Jul 29 00:20:41 <Maddy> Bou is flung into a wall.
Jul 29 00:20:42 <Maddy> She's out.
Jul 29 00:21:02 <Dexanote> 4df+2
Jul 29 00:21:02 <CROM> Dexanote: 2 (4df+2=0, +, 0, -)
Jul 29 00:21:23 <Maddy> Zoe ports out of the way in time. Myrtle and Troy are similarly thrown into walls. -1 body.
Jul 29 00:21:40 <TroyL> "Ow. BITCH!"
Jul 29 00:21:47 <Maddy> Your guys go now.
Jul 29 00:22:00 <Dexanote> Troy will hear Myr whimper in pain. A BAD whimper.
Jul 29 00:22:08 <Dexanote> Prolly won't see her though.
Jul 29 00:22:59 <TroyL> To fuck with it! NO ONE HURTS MY GIRL!
Jul 29 00:24:26 <TroyL> 4df+7 (Tagging Foundation Trained and his own damn ability) PEW PEW PEW!
Jul 29 00:24:26 <CROM> TroyL: (Tagging Foundation Trained and his own damn ability) PEW PEW PEW!: 7 (4df+7=-, 0, 0, +)
Jul 29 00:25:37 <Maddy> 4df+4 Ah fucker!
Jul 29 00:25:38 <CROM> Maddy: Ah fucker!: 3 (4df+4=-, 0, -, +)
Jul 29 00:26:09 <Maddy> Troy gets it right in the eye, it starts leaking sap, creaking and groaning loudly in what apars to be pain.
Jul 29 00:26:56 <Tom90deg> 4df+7 (stealth manuver used, telestab 3 AP left) Zoe moves from the shadows behind the tree creature, and ports, trying to stab the metal rod into it's wooden body.
Jul 29 00:26:56 <CROM> Tom90deg: (stealth manuver used, telestab 3 AP left) Zoe moves from the shadows behind the tree creature, and ports, trying to stab the metal rod into it's wooden body.: 8 (4df+7=+, +, 0, -)
Jul 29 00:27:12 <Maddy> 4df+4 you little shit!
Jul 29 00:27:13 <CROM> Maddy: you little shit!: 5 (4df+4=+, +, 0, -)
Jul 29 00:27:53 <Tom90deg> Zoe appears behind it, as ther is a flash of light, and a wave of heat, possibly even a smell of woodsmoke, as the rod sticks out from behind it, stuck fast.
Jul 29 00:28:19 <Dexanote> 4df+7 Tagging Lament's ability and my Stealth roll, as Myr draws her gun up and shoots once at the tree's face.
Jul 29 00:28:19 <CROM> Dexanote: Tagging Lament's ability and my Stealth roll, as Myr draws her gun up and shoots once at the tree's face.: 6 (4df+7=-, 0, +, -)
Jul 29 00:28:37 <Maddy> 4df+4 More groaning and franting flailing.
Jul 29 00:28:37 <CROM> Maddy: More groaning and franting flailing.: 2 (4df+4=-, +, -, -)
Jul 29 00:28:52 <Maddy> A large chunk of the face just comes off.
Jul 29 00:29:18 <Maddy> It's clear this thing is increadibly slow, it moves to attack but you all have time to attack again.
Jul 29 00:30:54 <TroyL> 4df+3 PEW PEW PEW!
Jul 29 00:30:54 <CROM> TroyL: PEW PEW PEW!: 1 (4df+3=-, -, +, -)
Jul 29 00:30:58 <TroyL> …
Jul 29 00:31:16 <Maddy> 4df+4
Jul 29 00:31:17 <CROM> Maddy: 5 (4df+4=+, +, -, 0)
Jul 29 00:31:23 <Maddy> The shot goes wide.
Jul 29 00:31:31 <Tom90deg> 4df+3 (Atheltics manuver) Zoe tries to keep her foothold on the tree's back, readying her sword to stab downwards into it's head.
Jul 29 00:31:31 <CROM> Tom90deg: (Atheltics manuver) Zoe tries to keep her foothold on the tree's back, readying her sword to stab downwards into it's head.: 5 (4df+3=+, 0, +, 0)
Jul 29 00:32:10 <Dexanote> 4df+3 She draws her other gun, fires at the same spot! STEEL IS NEUTRALLY EFFECTIVE AGAINST GRASS BUT YOU CAN HIT THEM HARD ENOUGH AND EVENTUALLY THEY'LL FAINT.
Jul 29 00:32:10 <CROM> Dexanote: She draws her other gun, fires at the same spot! STEEL IS NEUTRALLY EFFECTIVE AGAINST GRASS BUT YOU CAN HIT THEM HARD ENOUGH AND EVENTUALLY THEY'LL FAINT.: 5 (4df+3=-, +, +, +)
Jul 29 00:32:14 <Maddy> No opposed, trees are meant for climbig.
Jul 29 00:32:28 <Maddy> 4df+4 vs myr
Jul 29 00:32:29 <CROM> Maddy: vs myr: 3 (4df+4=0, -, 0, 0)
Jul 29 00:33:43 <Maddy> The eyes on the tree flicker and go out. It falls to the ground
Jul 29 00:34:41 <Maddy> In one last act of defiance, its roots spring from the ground ensnaring you all. No damage, you're sut sstuck.
Jul 29 00:34:42 <Tom90deg> Zoe rolls off the tree as it colapses, and gets to her feet. "Well. You guys alright?"
Jul 29 00:35:10 <Dexanote> "… Oka-agh-" ENSNARED.
Jul 29 00:35:13 <Dexanote> "…"
Jul 29 00:35:32 <TroyL> It used wrap.
Jul 29 00:35:58 <Tom90deg> Zoe ports out of the ensnarment, getting to a clear point, burned wood falling down from her side. (2 ap left) "You'd think people would stop trying that."
Jul 29 00:36:14 <Maddy> Bou is still all unconcious.
Jul 29 00:36:28 <Dexanote> "… This is a new one." Myr tests the strength of the rootsnare.
Jul 29 00:36:36 <TroyL> Lament is struggling free from the roots, trying to get to Bou! "God damnit!"
Jul 29 00:36:41 <Maddy> They're dry and shitty.
Jul 29 00:36:44 <TroyL> 4df+1 Sigh. Athletics.
Jul 29 00:36:44 <CROM> TroyL: Sigh. Athletics.: 1 (4df+1=+, -, 0, 0)
Jul 29 00:36:58 <Maddy> nnnnnope
Jul 29 00:37:01 <Tom90deg> 4df+3 Athletics Zoe approaches Myrtle, trying to pull them off of her.
Jul 29 00:37:02 <CROM> Tom90deg: Athletics Zoe approaches Myrtle, trying to pull them off of her.: 5 (4df+3=+, -, +, +)
Jul 29 00:37:09 <Maddy> Myrtle's free.
Jul 29 00:37:26 <Tom90deg> "There we go. Where's Bou?"
Jul 29 00:37:41 <Dexanote> She points. "If she's dead we're burning everything down."
Jul 29 00:37:54 <Tom90deg> "She's not dead. She's tougher than that."
Jul 29 00:38:14 <Tom90deg> "Bou!" Zoe calls out, begining to search the forest.
Jul 29 00:38:38 <Maddy> She's just laying there, being all knocked out.
Jul 29 00:39:11 <Tom90deg> Zoe approaches, but she dosn't know much about how to test vitals on a plantlady. "Hey Bou…"
Jul 29 00:39:36 <Dexanote> Myr helps Lament out of the roots and looks around for a door or passage to continue down. "We killed the guardian, where's Bou's sister?"
Jul 29 00:39:53 <Tom90deg> "Maybe she's upstairs. But here's Bou. I think she's just knocked out…"
Jul 29 00:40:06 <Tom90deg> Zoe picks her up carefully. "What now?"
Jul 29 00:40:17 <Maddy> Wel shes not leaking fluid. Thats alays good. The old man and his guards are making their way upstairs. "Well…look at that."
Jul 29 00:41:34 <Dexanote> "Yes, we killed it. Let us through." She glares at the old man.
Jul 29 00:42:31 <Maddy> "Very well." He nods to a robed woman, who moves her hands around in the air, parting some trees and showing a door.
Jul 29 00:43:44 <Maddy> "You will enter alone. My company isn't fit to veiw the lady, and I have things to start with the guardian."
Jul 29 00:43:52 <Tom90deg> Zoe follows through the door, carrying Bou.
Jul 29 00:44:36 <Dexanote> Myr follows after Zoe.
Jul 29 00:44:41 <Maddy> There's a spiral staircase, going up far, apparently to the top of the tower.
Jul 29 00:45:37 <Tom90deg> Up she goes. I warned you about stairs.
Jul 29 00:46:31 * Bouncl (~ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.D128953B-CRInys|alliztahc#ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.D128953B-CRInys|alliztahc) has joined #afteractionmission
Jul 29 00:46:53 <TroyL> Lament is complaining, but he's going along as well. Might as well, yo.
Jul 29 00:48:01 <Maddy> at the top there is a door, outside they find themselves in a walless room, all stone. In the centre is http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/Sasha_Krolik/What%20is%20this%20I%20don%20t%20even/undo-2jpg.jpg this lady, sittin crosslegged and facing away from them.
Jul 29 00:49:13 <Tom90deg> Zoe looks at Lament, and coughs softly. "Excuse me Miss?"
Jul 29 00:49:42 <Maddy> She takes a breath an sighs. "What in gods name do you freaks want now?"
Jul 29 00:50:00 <TroyL> "Umm… Not… your normal handlers. And we brought your sister."
Jul 29 00:50:03 <Tom90deg> "We want you to make sure you're sister is alright." Zoe is tired.
Jul 29 00:51:34 <Maddy> She gets up and turns around in an instant. "Bou?" her eyes look at the group, and she's clearly at least legaly blind.
Jul 29 00:52:06 <TroyL> "Yes. Bou." Lament shakes the little nymph some. "You there, kiddo? Wake up.."
Jul 29 00:52:12 <Tom90deg> "Yep." Zoe approaches carefully. "She's knocked out, I think."
Jul 29 00:52:13 <Dexanote> "She's been living with us for the past year." Myr says conversationally.
Jul 29 00:52:24 <Maddy> "Please, bring her to me."
Jul 29 00:52:26 <Dexanote> "Your guardian tree just beat her up."
Jul 29 00:52:26 <Tom90deg> "And in the Libary before that."
Jul 29 00:52:35 * TroyL is now known as TroyLMoose
Jul 29 00:52:39 <Tom90deg> Zoe does so, and brings Bou close to her.
Jul 29 00:52:43 * TroyLMoose is now known as TroyL
Jul 29 00:52:53 <Maddy> She holds her arms out. "Please, I can't see shit when it's this dark."
Jul 29 00:53:24 <Tom90deg> Zoe places Bou in her arms. "You want a flashlight or something?"
Jul 29 00:54:27 <Maddy> "No." she presses her forehead to Bou's and stills completely. Eventually Bou stirs and wakes up flailing. "AHHHHH TREEEE!"
Jul 29 00:54:37 <Dexanote> "You don't talk like I'd expect a godess to talk."
Jul 29 00:54:58 <Maddy> "I'm not a goddess. And shit, Bou calm down."
Jul 29 00:55:07 <Tom90deg> Zoe dosn't say anything, this is pretty much how she heard goddesses talk.
Jul 29 00:55:11 <TroyL> Lament snrks.
Jul 29 00:55:18 <Maddy> Bou stops flailing and the HUGS Atropa.
Jul 29 00:55:24 <Maddy> *then
Jul 29 00:56:11 <Tom90deg> "Good to see you up again Bou."
Jul 29 00:56:37 <Maddy> Atropa smiles and hugs her back. "Glad to see you have competant friends. Lets see if they can get us out of here."
Jul 29 00:56:55 <Maddy> Bou is too happy to talk, mostly cause I dont wanna RP 2 people at once.
Jul 29 00:57:00 <Tom90deg> "How good are you at moving quietly?"
Jul 29 00:57:08 <Maddy> "Abysmal."
Jul 29 00:57:14 <Tom90deg> "Damn."
Jul 29 00:57:21 <Dexanote> "We could use a distraction…"
Jul 29 00:57:27 <Maddy> "Not to mention the town down there is usually lit up."
Jul 29 00:57:38 <Maddy> "I gotta ask, how'd you get up here?"
Jul 29 00:57:39 <Tom90deg> Zoe glances at Lament. "They all wear those big cloaks…maybe a disguise?"
Jul 29 00:57:47 <Tom90deg> "One person in a cloak looks pretty much like another."
Jul 29 00:57:59 <Dexanote> "We killed their guardian. Bou wanted to see you, so they let us in."
Jul 29 00:58:11 <Dexanote> Myr blinks. "Zoe, that's not a bad idea."
Jul 29 00:58:22 <Tom90deg> Zoe grins. "Don't need to sound so surprized."
Jul 29 00:58:28 <Dexanote> "You three take cloaks. I'll bring Bou out on piggyback."
Jul 29 00:58:37 <Maddy> "They might notice you got an extra peron with you."
Jul 29 00:58:39 <Dexanote> "There's three guys down there, right?"
Jul 29 00:59:01 <Tom90deg> "Myrtle or me can sneak out of here without too much problem if we need 3 people."
Jul 29 00:59:03 <Maddy> There are 14 guys in all if you count the elder.
Jul 29 00:59:48 <Dexanote> "I can run and look for some robes." She glances at Lament. "I might've seen a spot when I checked out the town."
Jul 29 01:00:09 <Maddy> "May I make a suggestion?"
Jul 29 01:00:13 <Tom90deg> 'Sure."
Jul 29 01:00:25 <Maddy> "Which one of you has the silver tongue and got in here."
Jul 29 01:00:45 <Tom90deg> "Noone really. They got surprised when they saw Bou I think."
Jul 29 01:01:33 <Tom90deg> "But Troy did most of the talking."
Jul 29 01:02:02 <Dexanote> "Why?"
Jul 29 01:02:03 <Maddy> "Troy? Can you follow my lead?"
Jul 29 01:02:17 <TroyL> "I can follow lots of leads."
Jul 29 01:03:20 <Maddy> "Theres a small chance I can bullshit enough to get us out of here. If you guys want to chance it."
Jul 29 01:03:33 <Tom90deg> "What's plan B?"
Jul 29 01:03:38 <Maddy> "Run?"
Jul 29 01:03:50 <Tom90deg> Zoe grins again. "Just like ususal."
Jul 29 01:04:41 <Maddy> "So, we ok with that?"
Jul 29 01:05:32 <TroyL> "We're good at running. Used to it."
Jul 29 01:05:32 <Tom90deg> "I am, but I can run fast and hide. If they do see you trying to run, are they going to try to capture or kill you?"
Jul 29 01:05:42 <Maddy> "No, just you guys."
Jul 29 01:05:59 <Maddy> "Someone will hae to help me on the stairs."
Jul 29 01:06:23 <TroyL> "C'mon, then." He offers a hand.
Jul 29 01:06:49 <Tom90deg> "I can offer a distraction as well if we need it, you guys look a bit beat up."
Jul 29 01:07:03 <Dexanote> "I'll back you all up.:
Jul 29 01:07:17 <Maddy> She takes his arm and they head down. As the get there,all but the elders quickly avert their eyes. "WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?"
Jul 29 01:07:27 <Tom90deg> "So, are we looking for disguise still, or going pure BS?"
Jul 29 01:07:32 <Tom90deg> *disregard
Jul 29 01:08:09 <Dexanote> 4df+4 Stealth
Jul 29 01:08:09 <CROM> Dexanote: Stealth: 3 (4df+4=+, -, -, 0)
Jul 29 01:09:28 <Maddy> "Calm, Elder. These mortals are here to help. Troy here is sent by the seed of life itself. I am to accend, and spread my beauty further." she nudjes Troy and looks at him like "thats all I got, halp."
Jul 29 01:10:29 <Maddy> The Elder scrutinizes Troy
Jul 29 01:11:16 <TroyL> "I am sent here in the company of the nymph. She has been left above for you while this one's glory will be spread to the winds." Troy steps to the elder and hugs him. "You have done a great work here. And now, it is time to spread it to the winds as the seeds of a windflower, to proliferate and glorify the world."
Jul 29 01:11:30 <TroyL> Thinking: 'Please work, please work, please work….'
Jul 29 01:13:31 <Maddy> The elder narrows is eyes. Bou stays really still all hidden in Atropa's sari. "…very well. I ask only that you finish the ritual so the Nymph may have her guardian again."
Jul 29 01:13:53 <Dexanote> "Ritual?"
Jul 29 01:14:02 <TroyL> Lament turns and looks at Atropa. Looks…
Jul 29 01:14:14 <TroyL> Placid face! Calm face!
Jul 29 01:15:08 <Maddy> "Fine. The knife." The elder hands her a strange, hollow knife as he beccons the woman who magiced the trees earlier.
Jul 29 01:16:10 <Maddy> Atropa pushes the knife into her arm, some of her fluid filling the hollow, then passing it to the woman. "I bless you."
Jul 29 01:17:46 <TroyL> "The wind will arrive with the dawn. We must prepare you for it."
Jul 29 01:18:44 <Maddy> The elder nods. "Shall the mage wait for her accenssion till then?"
Jul 29 01:19:19 <TroyL> ….Lament totally nods.
Jul 29 01:20:32 <Dexanote> Myr drifts behind Lament, eyeing the elders.
Jul 29 01:20:37 <Maddy> The Elde nods again and the woman stores the blade. "Please. If you intend to leave tonight, do so soon. These men are not fit to look on her."
Jul 29 01:21:07 <TroyL> Lament nods. "Should any of their eyes linger, I expect you to have them put out, Elder."
Jul 29 01:21:26 <TroyL> Lament moves toward the door.
Jul 29 01:21:36 <Tom90deg> Zoe follows behind
Jul 29 01:21:48 <Dexanote> Myr keeps pace with Zoe.
Jul 29 01:21:58 <Maddy> "Of course, guard our lady well." He bows his head, and atropa keeps pace with Troy.
Jul 29 01:31:13 <Maddy> Everyone averts their eyes as the group passes, making their trip back easy.
Jul 29 01:31:53 <TroyL> "Weeeeeee're leaving."
Jul 29 01:32:01 <TroyL> "Pack up. Run. Run run run."
Jul 29 01:32:19 <Maddy> Nothing to back up really, just a long alk back to Darington.
Jul 29 01:32:25 <Tom90deg> "Seconded. We need to vacate damn fast."
Jul 29 01:32:38 <Dexanote> They comically and obviously hurry up the stairs and run like fuck through the roods.
Jul 29 01:32:40 <Dexanote> woods*
Jul 29 01:33:11 <TroyL> Benny Hill music plays.
Jul 29 01:33:16 <Maddy> And then they were home. Head back to IC whenever.