Kainithal, Thief of Memory

Nov 27 19:45:27 <Adhelami> And they are one more met with their painful and horrible disorientation and balance issues.
Nov 27 19:45:40 <Illia> Illia's still disoriented by the transition. "Ugh"
Nov 27 19:45:53 <Zoe_Chantili> "Eeeuch…horrible."
Nov 27 19:46:06 <Dexanote> Myrtle's lying on the ground.
Nov 27 19:46:17 <LanceCole> Lance bears the disorientation with soldierly stoicism.
Nov 27 19:46:18 <Dexanote> Crumpled over, gripping her head.
Nov 27 19:46:27 <LanceCole> Also, he's on his butt.
Nov 27 19:46:29 <IvahKnight> Knight falls off balance, catches himself, and his hand immediately goes for the handgun in his coat.
Nov 27 19:46:48 <Zoe_Chantili> Zoe shakes her head, getting to her feet and looking around.
Nov 27 19:46:53 <LanceCole> He scrambles up quickly though, sword out, while the other hand gets his shield off his back.
Nov 27 19:47:02 <Adhelami> The area is dark around them, and there doesn't seem to be any discernible… anything around them. It's dark, their minds don't seem to be working right, and they can all see each other. They are aware that they are on some sort of ground, but it kind of melts in with all the darkness around them.
Nov 27 19:47:09 <Jillian> Jillian kneels, retching.
Nov 27 19:47:24 <Adhelami> They can all see one another clearly, as if the darkness does nothing to affect their bodies.
Nov 27 19:47:48 <Artemis> Artemis slowly stands to his feet, looking around with confusion.
Nov 27 19:47:59 <LanceCole> He quickly helmets up as well, and then flips his eyepatch off the cat's eye, scanning the surrounding, probing he darkness after spotting everyone.
Nov 27 19:48:09 <Zoe_Chantili> "Diffrent. Last time it was woods…"
Nov 27 19:48:15 <LanceCole> "Last time?"
Nov 27 19:48:27 <Illia> "It was a forest. Different. Full of life, sometimes."
Nov 27 19:48:31 <Artemis> Somewhere (everywhere?) Alex's voice calls out. * "Holy fucking god that was rough…." *
Nov 27 19:48:36 <Illia> Illia slowly makes her way next to Zoe."
Nov 27 19:48:42 <IvahKnight> "This feeling is…a reality marble?" He feels his head.
Nov 27 19:48:58 <Jillian> "I'm gonna puke" Jillian takes deep breaths.
Nov 27 19:48:59 <Zoe_Chantili> Zoe gives Illia a wave. "Heh, sorry I didn't get to drink that tea."
Nov 27 19:49:11 <John_Williamson> "god dammit. Yep, it happened."
Nov 27 19:49:14 <Zoe_Chantili> 'I'll pass in a bit Jill, deep breaths."
Nov 27 19:49:27 * Dexanote has quit (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.87 [Firefox 8.0/20111104165243])
Nov 27 19:49:42 <Illia> She smiles and nods. "Do not worry."
Nov 27 19:50:04 <John_Williamson> John gets up,and assesses what he has.
Nov 27 19:50:08 <LanceCole> "What is this?" Asks the centurion again.
Nov 27 19:50:12 <LanceCole> "Where have we gone?"
Nov 27 19:50:17 <Artemis> * "Ho, shit, okay, guys, listen… this is different from last time…" *
Nov 27 19:50:23 * Dexanote (~ten.elbacogc.emoh.AB16CE54-CRInys|alliztahc#ten.elbacogc.emoh.AB16CE54-CRInys|alliztahc) has joined #afteractionmission
Nov 27 19:50:23 <Zoe_Chantili> "We're in some kind of mental realm."
Nov 27 19:50:32 <Zoe_Chantili> Zoe looks up. "Like how?"
Nov 27 19:51:41 <Dexanote> She drags herself to her feet, spitting.
Nov 27 19:51:45 <Artemis> * "Last time it was a dream. This is deeper than that. I think you're all in Adhelami's subconscious with me… Oh hell what is that now?" *
Nov 27 19:51:52 <Jillian> Jillian swallows and stands, getting off her knees.
Nov 27 19:52:27 <John_Williamson> John brushes himself off. The knife unconsciously finds it's way into his hand
Nov 27 19:52:38 <Illia> Illia draws her sword, hanging it loosly at her side.
Nov 27 19:52:55 <Adhelami> Far ahead of them, someone stands. The hair and clothes and bodily figure indicate to them that it is probably Adhelami.
Nov 27 19:53:10 <John_Williamson> "Guys" john points
Nov 27 19:53:13 <Artemis> Artemis starts to run to her immediately.
Nov 27 19:53:18 <Zoe_Chantili> Zoe nods. "LEts go…"
Nov 27 19:53:24 <Zoe_Chantili> Zoe starts to move towards the figure.
Nov 27 19:53:26 <Illia> Illia follows Artemis, running by his side.
Nov 27 19:53:37 <IvahKnight> "Mental realm. Not too far off. Knew that girl was different." He draws the gun and checks it for ammo once before letting it hang by his side and following at his own pace.
Nov 27 19:53:39 <Jillian> Jillian stands next to John, still feeling a bit queasy.
Nov 27 19:53:40 <John_Williamson> John heads out at a steady, fast walk.
Nov 27 19:54:23 <Zoe_Chantili> "It's not her. It's something that's trying to take her over. Long story…"
Nov 27 19:54:25 <LanceCole> Lancius follows, still scanning the surroundings.
Nov 27 19:55:17 <Adhelami> The girl looks around, and then turns to the approaching group. She holds a box in her hands: http://www.craftsinindia.com/newcraftsimages/bone-brass-jewelry-box.jpg
Nov 27 19:55:17 <Adhelami> Her eyes widen, relief on her face, "SEHLVI! VHEN— EVERYONE!!" She quickly approaches them.
Nov 27 19:55:44 <Illia> "Young one…" She smiles at her.
Nov 27 19:55:56 <Zoe_Chantili> "Ami!"
Nov 27 19:56:00 <Adhelami> Adhelami immediately runs to Artemis, throwing an arm around him.
Nov 27 19:56:12 <John_Williamson> John picks up speed towards her
Nov 27 19:56:17 <Artemis> "Ah!… Adhelami??"
Nov 27 19:56:30 <Jillian> Jillian keeps with John.
Nov 27 19:56:33 <Illia> Illia's smile falls slightly.
Nov 27 19:57:41 <Adhelami> "AH! I am so glad to see all of you..! I have been so lost and afraid..!!" She huffs deeply, gripping his robes.
Nov 27 19:57:44 <LanceCole> Lance's eyes glint in utter recognition as he draws even with art, and ami.
Nov 27 19:58:01 <Zoe_Chantili> "It's alright Ami, we're here."
Nov 27 19:58:15 <LanceCole> The walls between his selves seem more permeable here.
Nov 27 19:58:18 <John_Williamson> "Yep. An' gonna kick his ass outta your head this time."
Nov 27 19:58:30 <Artemis> Artemis hugs her close. "I… We have… been so worried for you. Is he still here?"
Nov 27 19:58:50 <Illia> "We, Adhelami? Who else is with you?"
Nov 27 19:59:05 <IvahKnight> Knight stands in the back, his eyes filled with detached suspicion.
Nov 27 19:59:21 <Adhelami> "He" *"I see you've all come again.*" Kaiinithal's voice suddenly speaks.
Nov 27 19:59:33 <Jillian> Jillian stands to the side, watching quietly.
Nov 27 19:59:35 <Zoe_Chantili> "Hey Kenny."
Nov 27 19:59:55 <Artemis> Artemis scowls at the sound of the voice.
Nov 27 20:00:07 <John_Williamson> The smile on John's face turns from a kind one suddenly to the *bad* kind.
Nov 27 20:00:08 <LanceCole> "…" Frown.
Nov 27 20:00:18 <Dexanote> Myrtle winces. She's obviously there.
Nov 27 20:00:20 <Jillian> Jillian looks at John confused.
Nov 27 20:01:03 <Illia> "Kaiinithal…I said I would come after you if you harmed her. Have you forgotten?" She glares upwards, from behind her mask.
Nov 27 20:02:04 <Adhelami> *"Invaders, invading what is mine?
Do not think I have forgotten, Miss Illia. I have not lost sight of any of your weak threats. Do not worry of that.*"
Nov 27 20:02:13 <Zoe_Chantili> "I said you should run Kenny."
Nov 27 20:02:34 <Illia> She growls softly at him.
Nov 27 20:02:53 <Adhelami> "KAIINITHAL! Let me out from here!!" Adhelami suddenly cries out, turning away from Artemis.
Nov 27 20:02:53 <Adhelami> *"Adhelami, you put me into a prison, didn't you? I am merely repaying you."* His voice becomes a little more… sharp.
Nov 27 20:03:16 <IvahKnight> Frown x2 combo.
Nov 27 20:04:15 <John_Williamson> 4df+3 intimidation "See, th' others might jus' be threatening you. I'm not. Any'a the folk here'll attest to what I do to benders like you. /and how much I love doing it/" Creepy voice from the monster-guy
Nov 27 20:04:16 <Glacon> John_Williamson: intimidation "See, th' others might jus' be threatening you. I'm not. Any'a the folk here'll attest to what I do to benders like you. /and how much I love doing it/" Creepy voice from the monster-guy: 3 (4df+3=-, 0, +, 0)
Nov 27 20:04:38 <Zoe_Chantili> "We're going to catch you and toss you back into whatever pit you crawled out of, be sure of that, and we tend to react badly when people threaten our own."
Nov 27 20:05:17 <Artemis> John may reroll that check, if he wishes, via Scene Aspect: Subconscious Expectations. John is a scary man!
Nov 27 20:05:19 * LanceCole waits, searching for a tangible enemy to defend against, whilst the skyvoice continues.
Nov 27 20:05:54 <John_Williamson> 4df+3
Nov 27 20:05:54 <Glacon> John_Williamson: 2 (4df+3=-, -, 0, +)
Nov 27 20:06:03 <John_Williamson> I'm gonna go with the first roll, Mr. Trebek
Nov 27 20:06:21 * Jillian has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Nov 27 20:07:32 <Adhelami> Kaiinithal is much too confident, "*I am becoming impatient with this group's constant meddling.*" "I CALLED THEM HERE!!" *"So be it. I will merely have to stop you.*" And his voice goes silent.
Nov 27 20:07:50 <Zoe_Chantili> "That worked out great last time didn't it!"
Nov 27 20:08:16 <John_Williamson> John continues to smile upwards at the sky
Nov 27 20:08:22 <Illia> Illia couldn't help but snort at Zoe's comment.
Nov 27 20:08:33 <Dexanote> Myr silently hopes that he doesn't just start stabbing their minds again.
Nov 27 20:09:20 <John_Williamson> [npc-ing jill] Jill looks at John. She frowns slightly at him, but doesn't say anything
Nov 27 20:09:59 <LanceCole> "We are going to be attacked soon?"
Nov 27 20:10:06 * Jillian (~ten.tsewq.rtsr.949D23AC-CRInys|alliztahc#ten.tsewq.rtsr.949D23AC-CRInys|alliztahc) has joined #afteractionmission
Nov 27 20:10:18 <Zoe_Chantili> "Eh, maybe. Kenny is bit of a wanker like that."
Nov 27 20:10:46 <IvahKnight> "Should've brought the plastic explosive."
Nov 27 20:10:50 <Artemis> * "Shitshitshit, okay, guys, listen, we have to act fast. He's dismantling her memories… I can fix them but it's going to take time…" * A light suddenly glows to life, bright and white, far off in the dark.
Nov 27 20:11:10 <John_Williamson> John looks himself over again. What's he got to work with, weapon-wise?
Nov 27 20:11:22 <Artemis> Everything he expects to work with.
Nov 27 20:11:24 <Adhelami> Adhelami looks around, "Vhen Aleeks?? What is this box??" She suddenly holds it up.
Nov 27 20:11:26 <Zoe_Chantili> "Fast it is."
Nov 27 20:12:27 <Jillian> Jillian still has no idea what the fuck
Nov 27 20:13:00 <John_Williamson> John takes mental stock of himself. He pulls the gun off his belt, and swaps mags out for the leetle green tipped ones, cocks it and hangs it on his belt. He finds no explosives. He has a knife, and his tools/implements-of-torture. "oh well, least it's somethin'"
Nov 27 20:13:04 <Artemis> * "Ahhh…. I think that's a memory, Adhe- Hi, by the way-…. That's… something special. That beacon, over yonder. Get that memory there as soon as possible." *
Nov 27 20:13:16 <LanceCole> "That way, then?" He gestures at the light, setting off swiftly.
Nov 27 20:13:20 <Illia> Illia sprints towards the light.
Nov 27 20:13:44 <IvahKnight> He sighs and follows, shaking his head.
Nov 27 20:13:53 <Zoe_Chantili> Zoe follows after Illia. "New guy! Keep up!"
Nov 27 20:14:15 <John_Williamson> John heads toweards the light, at a rapid, but not exhaustive, pace
Nov 27 20:14:36 <Jillian> Jillian follows, still nothin.
Nov 27 20:14:45 <Adhelami> Adhelami nods and follows the group..! If anybody looks back, they will note that the area behind them seems suddenly so terrifying. Malicious, as if it wants them to die.
Nov 27 20:14:50 <Adhelami> The light is the only pleasantness.
Nov 27 20:15:31 <IvahKnight> "A beacon system, then? Like flares in a snow storm."
Nov 27 20:15:55 <Zoe_Chantili> "Sure,why not?"
Nov 27 20:16:01 <Illia> "It may be so, but we must get there first." She pushes herself faster.
Nov 27 20:16:19 <LanceCole> Lance adjusts his pace to keep even with the front-runners.
Nov 27 20:16:39 <Artemis> * "Wait… oh shit. Nope, no, you don't, K-Dawg.." *
Nov 27 20:16:39 <Artemis> Suddenly in the blackness, a grey structure rises from below - a huge stone wall between them and the beacon. As if in reaction, a glowing white door is set into the wall. Then, as if in counter reaction, a shadowy black lock is set on the door.
Nov 27 20:16:39 <Artemis> * "Clever girl…." *
Nov 27 20:17:25 <Zoe_Chantili> "Care to toss me some picks Alex?"
Nov 27 20:17:32 <Adhelami> *"You all play games like children. So, we can play games.*"
Nov 27 20:17:33 <John_Williamson> John runs, taking up a place to the left-rear(about 8 o clock) to the frontrunners. He wheezes slightly as he runs, but he continues to run
Nov 27 20:17:53 <John_Williamson> "Zoe, catch" john throws his tool roll at her
Nov 27 20:18:20 <Jillian> Jillian tries to keep up with them, but running was never her strong suit. She ends up in the back.
Nov 27 20:18:39 <Zoe_Chantili> Zoe catches the tool roll and takes out the proper tools, Carefully examinng the lock.
Nov 27 20:18:45 <Artemis> * "Ah… I expect you already have some. This is… hectic. Check your pocket and get in fast, you're goign to have things to deal with shortly…" *
Nov 27 20:19:07 <Zoe_Chantili> "Gotya. We're comin for ya K-dog."
Nov 27 20:19:32 <LanceCole> At this new skyvoice warning, lance takes position directly behind zoe, shield on his arm, and sword in his right hand, searching for foes.
Nov 27 20:19:37 <Artemis> It looks similar to the one Zoe had to deal with before, but not as friendly.
Nov 27 20:19:53 <Artemis> — Pause.
Nov 27 20:22:45 * Tox|Laptop (~ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.E8DA9C62-CRInys|norcimO#ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.E8DA9C62-CRInys|norcimO) has joined #afteractionmission
Nov 27 20:28:40 <Artemis> Behind them the shadows grow with anticipation, rising to form familiar, evil shadowmen. They flickers and wisp about as they approach the group surrounding the door. They're many yards out still, though many closer shadows are beginning to rise from the ground.
Nov 27 20:28:40 <Artemis> * "Okayokayokayokay how abooooout THIS… * Light posts suddenly appear in place, four tall lamp glowing brightly in a semi-circle around the door. The light burns the nearer shadows away and prevent the others from approaching. * "HA" *
Nov 27 20:29:32 <Adhelami> They can hear Kaiinithal SIGH. And suddenly, the lights FLICKER OUT.
Nov 27 20:29:53 <Adhelami> *"You are much too simple.*"
Nov 27 20:30:51 <Artemis> * "…Well shit. This is not going well. Guys, work with what I can give you. * Each of the lamp posts suddenly burst in succession, a panel bursting off of each, exposing electrical-looking bits inside.
Nov 27 20:30:51 <Artemis> Unpause.
Nov 27 20:30:54 <Jillian> Jillian fishes in her pocket for her zippo.
Nov 27 20:31:00 <LanceCole> Lance grunts, but only breathes deep, cat's eye widening to take in more light.
Nov 27 20:31:00 <Zoe_Chantili> "You talk to much, and that's ME saying this."
Nov 27 20:31:27 <Adhelami> Suddenly, the wiring inside becomes… COMPLICATED.
Nov 27 20:31:47 <Zoe_Chantili> 4df+2 Zoe carefully eyes the lock, getting ready to work it. (Stealth mauver)
Nov 27 20:31:48 <Glacon> Zoe_Chantili: Zoe carefully eyes the lock, getting ready to work it. (Stealth mauver): 3 (4df+2=0, +, -, +)
Nov 27 20:32:04 <John_Williamson> "Alex, remember when we got ambushed in Sydney? Turned the night plenny bright? Can you give me somethin' ta do the same with?"
Nov 27 20:32:05 <John_Williamson> [assuming Alex is familiar with the run]
Nov 27 20:32:46 <Jillian> Jillian flicks her lighter, trying to get it to light.
Nov 27 20:32:58 <LanceCole> He stands staunchly in front of the concentrating teleporter, ready to guard her against attack.
Nov 27 20:33:16 <John_Williamson> "Jill, catch!" off his tool belt. A flashlight. Dude's an engineer, he carries all sorts of tools
Nov 27 20:33:29 <Artemis> * "Man, I can only do so much. It's like trying to tell someone telling someone how to make my Lego castle up in here… Zoe, get on that door. Jill… get those lights working, I put them there for you. The rest of you… uh… protect the others." *
Nov 27 20:33:34 <Jillian> Jillian catches and turns it on.
Nov 27 20:34:01 <Adhelami> Adhelami's eyes narrow, and she sticks near Illia and Artemis, holding the box close in her arms.
Nov 27 20:34:11 <Zoe_Chantili> "I'm on it Alex."
Nov 27 20:34:13 <Illia> Illia stands at Adhalmi's right.
Nov 27 20:34:19 <Illia> Sword drawn, of course.
Nov 27 20:34:52 <John_Williamson> John heads towards Jill. Someone's gotta cover the engineers.
Nov 27 20:34:59 <Artemis> Three lamps, not four. -
— Battle Line- Zoe first.
Nov 27 20:35:34 <IvahKnight> "Why not…"
Nov 27 20:35:42 <Artemis> Oh, well, Illia next.
Nov 27 20:36:07 <Illia> 4df+2 Is there anything of danger, nearby?
Nov 27 20:36:07 <Glacon> Illia: Is there anything of danger, nearby?: 1 (4df+2=-, 0, -, +)
Nov 27 20:36:29 <Adhelami> The shadows from the ground begin to creep toward their feet, as the creatures from afar approach.
Nov 27 20:36:38 <Dexanote> Myrtle draws her gun.
Nov 27 20:36:42 <Artemis> No need to roll. Yes, the Sahdow are approaching.
Nov 27 20:38:14 <Illia> 4df+3 Tagging HOly Dreadnaught. "Do not harm the others!" She growls in a low voice.
Nov 27 20:38:14 <Glacon> Illia: Tagging HOly Dreadnaught. "Do not harm the others!" She growls in a low voice.: 4 (4df+3=-, +, +, 0)
Nov 27 20:39:12 <Artemis> 4df+3 Hissssssss
Nov 27 20:39:12 <Glacon> Artemis: Hissssssss: 4 (4df+3=0, 0, +, 0)
Nov 27 20:40:13 <Artemis> The shadows waver and RUSH TOWARD ILLIA but stop, instead dispersing toward the others.
Nov 27 20:40:33 <Artemis> Jillian
Nov 27 20:40:48 <Adhelami> *"I will not let them fall for such tricks.*" K-Dawg speaks for Illia.
Nov 27 20:41:03 <Illia> "We shall see…about that!"
Nov 27 20:41:22 <Jillian> Jillian opens her tool kit, thankful for the flashlight. "Hold this someone!"
Nov 27 20:41:59 <John_Williamson> The hand of John's that isn't now holding the gun drops down and back, to hold the light
Nov 27 20:42:21 <Jillian> 4df+6 Tapping She Who Runs Away. Jillian cracks the box open and starts to fix the wiring. "Thanks"
Nov 27 20:42:21 <Glacon> Jillian: Tapping She Who Runs Away. Jillian cracks the box open and starts to fix the wiring. "Thanks": 5 (4df+6=+, 0, -, -)
Nov 27 20:44:03 <Dexanote> 4df+4 Myrtle does her best to make herself unnoticeable.
Nov 27 20:44:04 <Glacon> Dexanote: Myrtle does her best to make herself unnoticeable.: 4 (4df+4=0, -, 0, +)
Nov 27 20:45:17 <Artemis> I'll Compel it rather. Jillian manages to figure out the strange, nonsensical wiring system and, after a bit of struggling, the light glows to life and illuminates the area. Several approaching shadows burn away.
Nov 27 20:45:17 <Artemis> Myrtle gets a +2 to that due to Scene Aspect: Who the fuck is Myrtle?
Nov 27 20:45:34 <Jillian> thanks
Nov 27 20:46:08 * Dexanote has quit (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.87 [Firefox 8.0/20111104165243])
Nov 27 20:46:24 <Artemis> Artemis steps in front of Adhelami and swipes at an incoming shadowfoe.
Nov 27 20:46:52 <Artemis> 4df+5 Attack!
Nov 27 20:46:53 <Glacon> Artemis: Attack!: 4 (4df+5=-, 0, +, -)
Nov 27 20:46:56 <John_Williamson> John grunts and gestures to the next light
Nov 27 20:47:15 <Adhelami> 4df+5 Fuck you!
Nov 27 20:47:15 <Glacon> Adhelami: Fuck you!: 7 (4df+5=+, +, -, +)
Nov 27 20:47:35 * Dexanote (~ten.elbacogc.emoh.AB16CE54-CRInys|alliztahc#ten.elbacogc.emoh.AB16CE54-CRInys|alliztahc) has joined #afteractionmission
Nov 27 20:48:00 <Artemis> The shadow parts itself under Artemis' sword, then closes in on his arm.
Nov 27 20:48:09 <Artemis> 4df+5 Art Def
Nov 27 20:48:09 <Glacon> Artemis: Art Def: 8 (4df+5=+, 0, +, +)
Nov 27 20:48:53 <Artemis> Artemis manages to pull his arm out of the thing before it starts to do… things.
Nov 27 20:48:59 <Artemis> Lance
Nov 27 20:49:47 <LanceCole> Lance only peers out at the darkness, preparing himself to ward off any coming attackers.
Nov 27 20:50:04 <LanceCole> 4df+2 Perception maneuver to defense
Nov 27 20:50:05 <Glacon> LanceCole: Perception maneuver to defense: 4 (4df+2=0, +, +, 0)
Nov 27 20:50:54 <LanceCole> He shifts back, moving his shield so it covers Zoe as well himself.
Nov 27 20:51:08 <Artemis> Knight
Nov 27 20:52:18 <Artemis> IvahKnight
Nov 27 20:54:20 <IvahKnight> Ivah holsters his weapon temporarily, then uses a pen knife from his pocket to quickly cut a design into his own hand.
Nov 27 20:55:00 <IvahKnight> 4df+3 Magic to Ranged Weapons. | He grunts and lets the blood from the design sink into the gun as he takes it out the holster.
Nov 27 20:55:01 <Glacon> IvahKnight: Magic to Ranged Weapons. | He grunts and lets the blood from the design sink into the gun as he takes it out the holster.: 7 (4df+3=+, +, +, +)
Nov 27 20:55:14 <Artemis> Have a +3 instead of +2.
Nov 27 20:55:53 <IvahKnight> "Enkidu: so I declare. Hold back the bull of heaven." He intones in a quiet voice as the design turns gold, his palm glowing.
Nov 27 20:56:16 <Artemis> John.
Nov 27 20:57:41 <John_Williamson> 4df+7 tagging "and the answer is a gun" John lets loose a long burst at the shadows, letting the rounds, glowing a vibrant red in the dimness, slice at shadowmen.
Nov 27 20:57:42 <Glacon> John_Williamson: tagging "and the answer is a gun" John lets loose a long burst at the shadows, letting the rounds, glowing a vibrant red in the dimness, slice at shadowmen.: 6 (4df+7=0, -, +, -)
Nov 27 20:59:01 <Artemis> 4df+5 HISS
Nov 27 20:59:01 <Glacon> Artemis: HISS: 4 (4df+5=0, +, -, -)
Nov 27 21:00:38 <Artemis> Two burst apart, others poof and reform after the spray, advancing on John with malice.
Nov 27 21:01:02 <Artemis> 4df+4 Pdef, John
Nov 27 21:01:03 <Glacon> Artemis: Pdef, John: 6 (4df+4=0, +, 0, +)
Nov 27 21:01:17 <John_Williamson> 4df+3
Nov 27 21:01:18 <Glacon> John_Williamson: 4 (4df+3=-, +, 0, +)
Nov 27 21:04:42 <Artemis> The shadow's claw hisses painfully into John's body. MDef, John.
Nov 27 21:05:09 <John_Williamson> 4df+4 John's mind is *ugly* inside.
Nov 27 21:05:09 <Glacon> John_Williamson: John's mind is *ugly* inside.: 3 (4df+4=+, -, -, 0)
Nov 27 21:05:20 <Artemis> MENTAL DEFENSE JOHN_WILLIAMSON
Nov 27 21:08:20 <Artemis> The burning cold concerns John very little before he takes on a disturbing gray pallor and stands there, unmoving, uncaring, gun hand drooping to his side. Shadow 1 has temporarily claimed John. Another shadow advances on Lance.
Nov 27 21:08:35 <Artemis> 4df+4 Shadowiness and such
Nov 27 21:08:35 <Glacon> Artemis: Shadowiness and such: 5 (4df+4=-, 0, +, +)
Nov 27 21:12:38 <LanceCole> 4df+6 Do I roll defense here?
Nov 27 21:12:38 <Glacon> LanceCole: Do I roll defense here?: 6 (4df+6=+, 0, 0, -)
Nov 27 21:14:28 <Artemis> Yes you do, and defend you succeed. The shadow's thin arm swipes across Lance's shield uselessly. HISSSS.
Nov 27 21:14:55 <Adhelami> "We must keep near to the light!" Adhelami yells out to the group.
Nov 27 21:15:33 <Artemis> Artemis and presumably Illia, start to move Adhelami closer to the lit lamp post.
Nov 27 21:15:33 <Artemis> Zoe, that lock does not look friendly. Roll PDef.
Nov 27 21:15:41 <Illia> "Easier said than done, young one." She moves with them.
Nov 27 21:15:42 <Zoe_Chantili> 4df+4
Nov 27 21:15:42 <Glacon> Zoe_Chantili: 4 (4df+4=-, +, +, -)
Nov 27 21:15:50 <LanceCole> Lance spits at the shadows, and adjusts his position to account for the source of the swipe, and still screen zoe from attack.
Nov 27 21:16:37 <John_Williamson> John is still standing there, just outside the light's ring. He's stone still.
Nov 27 21:16:47 <Artemis> Zoe manages to pull her hand away before a tendril of shadow shoots out of the lock's face like a needle, then fades away. Zoe's turn.
Nov 27 21:17:19 <Zoe_Chantili> "BLoody hell…Careful with those lamps! The lock here Bites!"
Nov 27 21:17:21 * Bouncl has quit (Ping timeout)
Nov 27 21:17:28 <Zoe_Chantili> 4df+7 Lock picking
Nov 27 21:17:29 <Glacon> Zoe_Chantili: Lock picking: 5 (4df+7=-, +, -, -)
Nov 27 21:18:47 <Artemis> Zoe turns the mechanism over, but it's rapidly changing even as she does so. Cli-CLIK… CLINK. The whole thing jerks away from her, deeper into the lock than physics would suggest possible.
Nov 27 21:18:50 * Bouncl (~ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.F89E38BE-CRInys|alliztahc#ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.F89E38BE-CRInys|alliztahc) has joined #afteractionmission
Nov 27 21:18:55 * E4D is now known as MichaelBolton
Nov 27 21:19:17 <Dexanote> hnnngh
Nov 27 21:19:47 <Artemis> Illia.
Nov 27 21:19:58 <Zoe_Chantili> "Damn it! The lock sunk!"
Nov 27 21:20:03 <Zoe_Chantili> "I'll keep working on it…."
Nov 27 21:20:32 <Illia> 4df+5 Forward slash at the nearest shadowman.
Nov 27 21:20:32 <Glacon> Illia: Forward slash at the nearest shadowman.: 6 (4df+5=+, -, 0, +)
Nov 27 21:21:17 <Artemis> There is one pursuing the trio, and one a few steps away, lingering near the eerily-still John Williamson. Which one, Illia?
Nov 27 21:21:32 <Illia> The one by John.
Nov 27 21:22:05 <Artemis> 4df+4 Hiss?
Nov 27 21:22:06 <Glacon> Artemis: Hiss?: 2 (4df+4=-, +, -, -)
Nov 27 21:22:33 <Illia> "Begone, demon. Leave the young one alone." Rage in her eyes and slashing.
Nov 27 21:22:59 <Artemis> It bursts apart under Illia's fury, and John stagger to life again. John took -1 Body from the strike, and now -1 Mind from the shadowy release.
Nov 27 21:24:17 <John_Williamson> John drops momentarily. He dry heaves from the feeling, then heads back to the light.
Nov 27 21:24:47 <Jillian> "John, don't leave me"
Nov 27 21:25:10 <John_Williamson> "we need ta get these lights on. next one."
Nov 27 21:25:11 <Artemis> Under the illumination, John starts to feel a little less hollow inside. Jillian's turn.
Nov 27 21:26:11 <Jillian> 4df+8 Tagging Don't Touch It, and She who runs away. Jillian starts on the second lamp, fingers working quickly.
Nov 27 21:26:11 <Glacon> Jillian: Tagging Don't Touch It, and She who runs away. Jillian starts on the second lamp, fingers working quickly.: 7 (4df+8=-, 0, -, +)
Nov 27 21:28:00 <Artemis> Jillian is a step ahead this time, rewiring the board before it has a chance to change or confuse her. The light blinks to life, banishing the shadow that was intent on claiming her. Myrtle's turn. Myrtle is quite unnoticed thus far.
Nov 27 21:28:19 <John_Williamson> John steps over to her, resuming his previous "guard da engy". He feels like utter shit, though, and is moving rather sluggish. In addition, there's just the slightest air about him that only possibly Jill might notice.
Nov 27 21:28:45 * MichaelBolton has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Nov 27 21:29:24 <Jillian> Jillian pats John's arm. "Thanks for that"
Nov 27 21:29:39 <John_Williamson> Grunt
Nov 27 21:29:57 <Artemis> (Dexanote)
Nov 27 21:31:07 <Dexanote> (Apologies, brother came in and insisted I look at soemthing about guns or some shit)
Nov 27 21:31:24 <Dexanote> Quick pause, review of where everything and everyone is.
Nov 27 21:31:25 <John_Williamson> (have him PM me next time instead)
Nov 27 21:32:13 <Jillian> Jillian and John are under the second light.
Nov 27 21:32:45 <Artemis> Two lights are on, Artemis, Adhelami and Illia are swiftly gathering under them, John and Jill are at the second like, presumably going to the last one shortly. Lance is protecting Zoe near the door, who is trying to get it open. Knight is… probably somewhere in the middle about to fuck shit up.
Nov 27 21:33:04 <Artemis> second light, not like*
Nov 27 21:33:50 <Dexanote> And monsters?
Nov 27 21:34:48 <Artemis> A shadow assaulting Lance, two more lingering near the third, unlit lamp.
Nov 27 21:36:44 <Dexanote> 4df+6 Myrtle slips behind the shadow behind Lancius, presses the barrel of her pistol to its back, and fires a shot. Tagging the Stealth from before as a Maneuver, as well as the Scene Aspect - Sneak attacks from nowhere are surely so extremely dangerous. Feel free to remove the +2 from the Scene Aspect, if the GM does not agree with my reasoning.
Nov 27 21:36:45 <Glacon> Dexanote: Myrtle slips behind the shadow behind Lancius, presses the barrel of her pistol to its back, and fires a shot. Tagging the Stealth from before as a Maneuver, as well as the Scene Aspect - Sneak attacks from nowhere are surely so extremely dangerous. Feel free to remove the +2 from the Scene Aspect, if the GM does not agree with my reasoning.: 5 (4df+6=0, 0, -, 0)
Nov 27 21:39:47 <Artemis> No use in rolling. The Shadow before Lancius explodes in wisps as Myrtle's soundless gunshot blows it apart. Reroll stealth. Same +2.
Nov 27 21:40:43 <Dexanote> 4df+6 mome came in.
Nov 27 21:40:43 <Glacon> Dexanote: mome came in.: 9 (4df+6=+, 0, +, +)
Nov 27 21:41:06 <Dexanote> Why the hell did the shadow explode.
Nov 27 21:43:14 <Artemis> Well, it didn't so much explode, as they typically do… now that you think about it, it seemed to just… vanish. Myrtle gains temporary Aspect: Ghost in the Machine, when in Adhelami's mind.
Nov 27 21:43:24 <Artemis> Artems is protecting Adhelami under the lamp. Lancius' turn.
Nov 27 21:45:08 <LanceCole> 4df+2 Same maneuver again, cat's eye sweep the shadow's looking for anything that might be thinking off attacking him or zoe.
Nov 27 21:45:08 <Glacon> LanceCole: Same maneuver again, cat's eye sweep the shadow's looking for anything that might be thinking off attacking him or zoe.: 4 (4df+2=0, +, +, 0)
Nov 27 21:46:14 <Artemis> Lance should note that the Shadow that was so previously attacking him was suddenly… deleted by the surprising and brief appearance of Myrtle behind it.
Nov 27 21:46:49 <LanceCole> He notes this, but is staying on guard for fresh assaults.
Nov 27 21:47:10 <LanceCole> Also, he nodded appreciatively at Myr for the brief time she was visible.
Nov 27 21:47:20 <Artemis> IvahKnight's turn
Nov 27 21:50:14 <IvahKnight> Knight passes the gun to his dominant hand, and reveals the golden name of Enkidu written on his hand. He waves the hand in arc, and a series of golden chains shoot out to bind the nearest group of shadows.
Nov 27 21:50:34 <IvahKnight> 4df+8 Tag to Ideals | He pegs them in turn
Nov 27 21:50:35 <Glacon> IvahKnight: Tag to Ideals | He pegs them in turn: 9 (4df+8=+, -, 0, +)
Nov 27 21:53:10 <Artemis> Again, no point in rolling. The two near the third and final lamp are bound in place and advance no further, wrapped tightly in Ivah's chains. They hiss, the chains rattle.
Nov 27 21:54:51 <Artemis> Zoe, defense again.
Nov 27 21:55:03 <Illia> "Serves the demons right…" She glares at them each in tern.
Nov 27 21:55:18 <Zoe_Chantili> 4df+4
Nov 27 21:55:19 <Glacon> Zoe_Chantili: 3 (4df+4=-, -, +, 0)
Nov 27 21:57:46 <Artemis> Another tendril shoots out from the lockface, catching Zoe off guard. It pierces the skin between her knuckles sharplay and coldly. Mental Defense, Zoe.
Nov 27 21:58:01 <Zoe_Chantili> 4df+2
Nov 27 21:58:01 <Glacon> Zoe_Chantili: -2 (4df+2=-, -, -, -)
Nov 27 21:58:34 <Dexanote> WHOOPS
Nov 27 22:00:25 <Artemis> Zoe manages to yelp before a cold, pallid feeling rushes over her, and she stops messing with the lock stops doing anything.
Nov 27 22:01:17 <Artemis> Fortunately, there are no nearby shadows, having been slain or banished or held in place by witchery chains. John hears Zoe's pained cry at the door behind Lancius.
Nov 27 22:01:50 <Zoe_Chantili> "Ahh!" Zoe grabs her hand, wincing in pain. "The lock bit me!"
Nov 27 22:02:10 <John_Williamson> John heads over. "hand alright?"
Nov 27 22:02:36 <Zoe_Chantili> Zoe kneels on the ground, staring at the lock, eyes unfocused.
Nov 27 22:03:20 <Zoe_Chantili> Not responding to John, not saying anything, just looking ahead
Nov 27 22:03:44 <John_Williamson> 4df+6 tagging "I solve practical problems" "Jill, get the other light on. Zoe, take it easy." he pushes her aside roughly, assuming a position by the lock. Tools of his own come out, and he gets to work. She'll be fine…right?
Nov 27 22:03:44 <Glacon> John_Williamson: tagging "I solve practical problems" "Jill, get the other light on. Zoe, take it easy." he pushes her aside roughly, assuming a position by the lock. Tools of his own come out, and he gets to work. She'll be fine…right?: 8 (4df+6=0, +, 0, +)
Nov 27 22:03:50 <Illia> Illia glances at Zoe, and looks at Artemis with pained eyes. She leaves and kneels next to Zoe. "Hey, Zoe. Zoe."
Nov 27 22:03:54 <LanceCole> Lance blinks, and turns slightly, looking puzzled between John and Zoe for a moment. "What happened to her?"
Nov 27 22:04:09 <LanceCole> He moves to cover the shunted Zoe, standing beside Illia.
Nov 27 22:04:12 <Illia> She looks in her eyes. "Please, Zoe, come back."
Nov 27 22:04:17 <Jillian> Jillian nods softly and heads to the third light.
Nov 27 22:04:30 <John_Williamson> "don't let that shit touch y'all. Someone, fuckin' cover Jill."
Nov 27 22:04:45 <Zoe_Chantili> Zoe dosn't say anything, looking through Illia
Nov 27 22:04:50 * E4D (PI.B08D965B.1E55703B.3EFD6608|tibbiM#PI.B08D965B.1E55703B.3EFD6608|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
Nov 27 22:05:01 <Illia> Illia jumps up and moves over to Jill, sword drawn to cover her.
Nov 27 22:05:14 <Illia> She's glad she's wearing a mask. No one can see her pained expression.
Nov 27 22:05:21 <Adhelami> Adhelami stands, her hand over her mouth— She looks up, "[ENOUGH OF THIS KAIINITHAL!]"
Nov 27 22:05:26 <Illia> Artemis can feel a burst of sadness and fear, though.
Nov 27 22:05:43 <LanceCole> Lancius stays by fallen immobile Zoe, quickly curling the woman into a ball so she's a smaller target.
Nov 27 22:05:57 <LanceCole> Then up goes the shield as he focuses on defending her.
Nov 27 22:06:12 <John_Williamson> Does John have any luck with the lock?
Nov 27 22:06:53 <Artemis> John, it's a pretty fucked up lock, but John's bull-headed determination makes it minimally confusing. He turns the mechanism over easily. Cli-CLIK…. whirrrrrrrrrCLINK. The inner mechanism rotates rapidly and sinks -far- deep into the lock. Through the unusually large keyhole, John can see a little white button glowing in the dark of the lock…
Nov 27 22:06:53 <Artemis> … Which is now twenty meters deep…
Nov 27 22:07:42 <John_Williamson> "Jesus fuckin christ. can someone gimmie a hand with this thing?"
Nov 27 22:07:46 <John_Williamson> "Zoe?"
Nov 27 22:07:54 <John_Williamson> he's forgotten she's out of it
Nov 27 22:07:57 <LanceCole> "Move, John?"
Nov 27 22:08:07 <Adhelami> *"You've become so rude, Adhelami. It must be the company you've been keeping."*
Nov 27 22:09:37 <John_Williamson> "hm?" John looks at Lance
Nov 27 22:09:45 <Artemis> * "Shit, John, I can't do anything about the lock, but you -have- to hit that node in the back, that's the way through. Can you… shoot it?" *
Nov 27 22:10:19 <LanceCole> "Do what the sky voice says, actually."
Nov 27 22:10:33 <Adhelami> Kaiinithal suddenly becomes troubled with Alex's suggestion. Fuck. He didn't think of that.
Nov 27 22:10:59 <Artemis> Sky Alex chuckles mockingly.
Nov 27 22:11:05 <John_Williamson> 4df+8 fire in his eyes. John is clearly irritated. the shaking in his frustrated handsceases momentarily, as he lines up a shot. Bang.
Nov 27 22:11:05 <Glacon> John_Williamson: fire in his eyes. John is clearly irritated. the shaking in his frustrated handsceases momentarily, as he lines up a shot. Bang.: 7 (4df+8=-, -, +, 0)
Nov 27 22:11:18 <Adhelami> *"You're a troublesome little pest.*"
Nov 27 22:11:43 <LanceCole> Lance takes a moment to look over Zoe, and shake her a bit. Such medical prowess this centurion.
Nov 27 22:12:10 <Zoe_Chantili> Zoe is still unresponsive
Nov 27 22:12:16 * Bouncl has quit (Ping timeout)
Nov 27 22:12:19 <Artemis> John's hand shakes just a little too much…. the bullet scrapes against the side of the mechanism and tumbles into the dark. The white button gleams, unchanged.
Nov 27 22:12:30 <Illia> "[And you're a fucking murderous demon. It'll be my pleasure to gut you, edge to edge.]" She's shaking with rage, in french.
Nov 27 22:13:12 <John_Williamson> "mother FUCKER"
Nov 27 22:13:24 <John_Williamson> John's hand strikes the side of the lock. Hard.
Nov 27 22:14:17 <Artemis> * "Try again, John, we don't have a lot of time…" *
Nov 27 22:14:18 <IvahKnight> Knight tugs on the chains like a dog's leash, extending his will through the golden links, and attempting to eradicate any will or orders the shadows may have of their own.
Nov 27 22:14:58 <John_Williamson> 4df+7 "and the answer is a gun" he braces it against the edge, and lays out a burst.
Nov 27 22:14:59 <Glacon> John_Williamson: "and the answer is a gun" he braces it against the edge, and lays out a burst.: 6 (4df+7=0, 0, -, 0)
Nov 27 22:15:04 <IvahKnight> 4df+5 Tag to Magus Killer, focus tempered by training | "Be still, you dogs."
Nov 27 22:15:04 <Glacon> IvahKnight: Tag to Magus Killer, focus tempered by training | "Be still, you dogs.": 4 (4df+5=0, -, +, -)
Nov 27 22:15:41 <Adhelami> *"…What are you doing"* Kaiinithal seems to question Knight. He NOTICES very intently, and focuses to keep control on his shadow pawns.
Nov 27 22:15:58 <Dexanote> pause
Nov 27 22:19:55 <Dexanote> Myrtle whispers in Knight's ear; "You can do better. This rides on your ability. They're not even alive, just pawns. Less substance than a simple robot. You need to do better or Adhelami will die." Spending a Fate Point, adding +2 to Knight's last roll; however, he will be weakened next turn, for the Myrtle's whisper startled him; he strained himself, throwing a burst of effort into his chains.
Nov 27 22:20:07 <Dexanote> UNPAUSE. Sabit may accept or decline.
Nov 27 22:20:42 <IvahKnight> accept sure
Nov 27 22:21:11 <IvahKnight> He grunts and rears back on the chains like a chariot's lash. "Don't give me that shit…!"
Nov 27 22:22:37 <Artemis> John is trying to fire a bullet into a wide, fifty-foot deep lock. It's not an easy thing. * "John, thisis going to be rough, but I'll see what I can do. try again and make it fast!" *
Nov 27 22:22:37 <Artemis> Ivah almost lost it, but his conviction redoubles and flows sharply through the chains. The shadows HISSS in protest, then quiet, dimming to a grey-blue color.
Nov 27 22:22:37 <Artemis> The shadows beyond the edge of the light start to form quickly in response.
Nov 27 22:23:38 <Jillian> Jillian jumps at the hiss, because, you know, the standing right there part.
Nov 27 22:23:46 <Adhelami> *"[Meddlesome!!]"* Kaiinithal's voice speaks out in Kehlvonian sharply.
Nov 27 22:24:13 <Dexanote> Myr facepalms. It's like a 70s supervillain.
Nov 27 22:24:21 <Artemis> Ivah's bound shadowfoes seem to want to comply to him now.
Nov 27 22:25:05 <John_Williamson> 4df+7 tagging same aspect as before. John tries once again, cussing himself for not being able to hit something so *easy*. A burst, from supported.
Nov 27 22:25:05 <Glacon> John_Williamson: tagging same aspect as before. John tries once again, cussing himself for not being able to hit something so *easy*. A burst, from supported.: 7 (4df+7=+, -, 0, 0)
Nov 27 22:25:20 <IvahKnight> He gives them some slack, and issues a serpentine whisper. "Come here…"
Nov 27 22:27:15 <Artemis> John sees the tunnel of twisting mechanisms widen a bit. The bullets from his burst rattle along side, then finally strike the glowing light. CLANKANKANKANKANK-KRchuk. The lock falls apart from the door, Zoe regains color and the will to live.
Nov 27 22:27:15 <Artemis> Artemis shouts, "Inside! Quickly!"
Nov 27 22:27:42 <Artemis> Zoe, -1 body, -1 mind.
Nov 27 22:27:52 <Zoe_Chantili> Zoe coughs, shaking her head and getting to her feet weakly.
Nov 27 22:27:57 <Zoe_Chantili> "Oog…"
Nov 27 22:27:59 <John_Williamson> "Fuggin hell. That took forever." he swaps mags out "y'allright, Zoe?"
Nov 27 22:28:07 <Zoe_Chantili> "…No…"
Nov 27 22:28:09 <Illia> Illia pulls at Jillian, motioning for her to move through the doorway.
Nov 27 22:28:13 <Jillian> Jillian leaves the dark and heads through the door.
Nov 27 22:28:20 <Zoe_Chantili> Zoe gets to her feet and heads through the door.
Nov 27 22:28:24 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Dexanote
Nov 27 22:28:28 <John_Williamson> John heads through the door
Nov 27 22:28:42 <Artemis> Artemis rushes through with Adhelami.
Nov 27 22:28:55 <Illia> Illia runs through.
Nov 27 22:29:04 <LanceCole> As does lancius
Nov 27 22:29:11 <Artemis> Pause.
Nov 27 22:29:12 <Dexanote> Myrtle goes through the door first, hiding in plain sight with a fucking stealth of 9
Nov 27 22:29:25 <IvahKnight> Knight turns and runs, his new pets in tow.
Nov 27 22:29:37 <Artemis> The shadows follow obediently.
Nov 27 22:31:09 <Jillian> Jillian stops by John. "Are you okay?"
Nov 27 22:31:28 <John_Williamson> "Fine." short, clipped, and a little unhinged
Nov 27 22:32:20 <Jillian> Jillian squeezes his arm. "Thanks again."
Nov 27 22:33:11 <Adhelami> The door SLAMS open— and beyond that is what looks to be… an old city? Reminiscent of something like 1940's Europe. Old houses, and buildings, pressed together closely, doors up against the street. The street is narrow and small, but there are signs here and there in what looks like the same language that Adhelami would write in. It looks like very early morning.
Nov 27 22:33:11 <Adhelami> A few people are out, some sitting on roofs or the side of the street, or on balconies. They are all fairly similar-looking to Adhelami, and ignore the group it seems. They are all dressed in similar outfits; traditional clothing. In the distance, there is an obvious wall hovering over this piece of city. Welcome to the Kehlvonian Ghetto.
Nov 27 22:33:11 <Adhelami> Adhelami looks up a little and gasps, "This is my home..!"
Nov 27 22:33:46 <IvahKnight> Knight pulls the fist sized onyx he keeps inside his jacket pocket, and runs it over the two shadows, shrinking them and drawing them into the gem for storage and use later.
Nov 27 22:34:03 <Adhelami> She continues to clutch the odd box to her chest, the one containing a very specific memory.
Nov 27 22:34:28 <LanceCole> Lancus raises an eye peering around, but sticks close to the group, cautious.
Nov 27 22:34:46 <Illia> "This…is your home?" Illia moves forward, gazing around. She spots Zoe and rushes over. "Zoe, are you alright?"
Nov 27 22:34:47 <John_Williamson> "Looks like somethin' outta an old war movie bout the Poles."
Nov 27 22:35:10 <Zoe_Chantili> Zoe smiles a Illia. "I've been better. That thing did a number on me…"
Nov 27 22:35:41 <IvahKnight> "Warsaw." Knight says indifferently, the fatigue of the magic overtaking him as his stance slackens.
Nov 27 22:36:14 <Artemis> * "Ah… well, okay. Look, guys, this is a memory. A specific memory. What you're standing in is everything about a memory that ah… isn't… what you remember about a memory. Places, people doing shit, things going on. What Adhelami is holding is the most important, memorable part of the memory. We need to find out where it takes place, and plug it in, so to speak." *
Nov 27 22:36:20 <Illia> She brushes Zoe's arm softly. "I am glad you are alright." She lifts her mask and gives her a nervous smile.
Nov 27 22:36:43 <Jillian> Jillian puts her tools away, looking around and sticking close to John.
Nov 27 22:36:47 <Zoe_Chantili> Zoe gives her a smile and puts her hand over Illia's
Nov 27 22:36:52 <John_Williamson> John swaps mags
Nov 27 22:36:55 <Zoe_Chantili> "I'm hard to get rid of. Heh, just as Jason."
Nov 27 22:37:10 <John_Williamson> "Got a coupla' ideas where the memory might be."
Nov 27 22:37:23 <John_Williamson> "Dependin' on if it's a good memory or not."
Nov 27 22:37:28 <Artemis> * "I've been doing this kinda thing since we all got here, but this memory is different, guys. This one is important. I don't know why. He's trying to lock it down more than the others." *
Nov 27 22:38:01 <Zoe_Chantili> "Alex,can you figure out hotspots? where he's trying hard to lock it down?"
Nov 27 22:38:03 <Illia> "I am happy. We'll talk more later, after we save Adhelami." She slowly moves her hand away as she brings the mask down.
Nov 27 22:38:23 <Zoe_Chantili> Zoe gives her annother smile and squezes her hand. "Sounds good."
Nov 27 22:38:47 <Artemis> * "I'll try my best, but I can't touch it. I'm not quite sure what I'm dealing with yet. Holler if you need help, I have… a dozen more strands to piece together…." *
Nov 27 22:38:59 <Illia> She moves away to Adhelami, and bows her head. "How are you, young one?"
Nov 27 22:39:14 <Adhelami> Adhelami has been wandering forward, looking around. Some of these people are familiar..! She stops and looks at the box. This time, this date, this temperature, this everything— it was all so familiar. "It is… shocking. All of this."
Nov 27 22:39:32 <Artemis> Artemis looks about, walking beside Adhelami, grateful, in a way, to see where she once lived.
Nov 27 22:39:38 * Nusquam has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Nov 27 22:39:59 <Artemis> "What izzit," he asks, curious about the place and the memory. "When?"
Nov 27 22:40:02 * LanceCole looks around, unceertain of what else he could do.
Nov 27 22:40:12 <LanceCole> He looks for places a box would go.
Nov 27 22:40:19 <Adhelami> "…We need to find my house." She suddenly says.
Nov 27 22:40:23 <John_Williamson> "What's going on now, Vhen?"
Nov 27 22:40:27 <Dexanote> Myrtle reflects on exactly how bad she is when it comes to the retention of memoy belonging to somebody else.
Nov 27 22:40:43 <Zoe_Chantili> Zoe follows Ami, still a bit unsteady on her feet. "Where's your house Ami?"
Nov 27 22:40:50 <Adhelami> "My house— it was important on this day, I remember. The windows were open, and I was awake early for whatever reason…"
Nov 27 22:41:06 <Artemis> "Let us go, zhen, can you lead us?"
Nov 27 22:41:16 <Illia> Illia follows, looking for what she is describing.
Nov 27 22:41:43 <Jillian> Jillian falls silent, not having anything useful for the conversation. She looks for houses with open windows.
Nov 27 22:42:12 <Adhelami> "This is… the shoe store." She glances at a specific shop, "I think I remember how to get home. I did not live in this district. This was…" She blinks, "Kaiinithal's neighborhood."
Nov 27 22:42:14 <John_Williamson> John keeps an eye out. If he sees any JBTs, he's gonna make a point to end them on principle
Nov 27 22:42:49 <Artemis> Artemis blinks, staring flat-faced. "Why are we here?"
Nov 27 22:42:49 <Artemis> Alex Hmms in the sky.
Nov 27 22:42:55 <Adhelami> *"None of you belong here. This is a private place.*" Kaiinithal simply offers.
Nov 27 22:43:11 <Adhelami> It seems, to the group, that many of the people who were sitting outside are now eyeing them.
Nov 27 22:43:12 <Zoe_Chantili> "Wait….are we in HIS memories?"
Nov 27 22:44:27 <Illia> Illia shakes her head. "I…I do not believe so."
Nov 27 22:44:44 <Illia> "She seems too familiar…" She eyes Adhelami weirdly.
Nov 27 22:45:15 <LanceCole> "…"
Nov 27 22:45:19 <Artemis> * "No, this is Adhelami's memory, for sure. Double-checked." *
Nov 27 22:45:20 <Zoe_Chantili> "Well we need to get ot her house….Ami, lead the way, we're right behind you"
Nov 27 22:45:40 * LanceCole hems the group, getting a better grip on his sword.
Nov 27 22:46:09 <Jillian> Jillian bites her lip, hand resting on the but of her pistol.
Nov 27 22:46:23 <John_Williamson> "…actually, wait. Do you know where [whateverhisnameis]'s house is?"
Nov 27 22:46:31 <Adhelami> "Adhelami Ahtohrison?" Suddenly, someone from off the street stands from sitting against a building. Oh, is that her family name?
Nov 27 22:46:57 <John_Williamson> John takes his usual 8 of clock position, but swings around to face the voice.
Nov 27 22:46:59 <Artemis> Artemis turns to look at the speaker.
Nov 27 22:47:00 <Dexanote> Calmly, myrtle points a gun at the voice, then turns.
Nov 27 22:47:34 <IvahKnight> Knight starts down the street. He wishes he'd changed his clothes.
Nov 27 22:47:47 <Adhelami> "It is her." Someone else says. The group suddenly notices— eyes, everywhere, staring at them.
Nov 27 22:47:59 <Adhelami> Ever person within a visible distance is staring at them.
Nov 27 22:48:07 <LanceCole> "…."
Nov 27 22:48:08 <Zoe_Chantili> Zoe looks around, hand on her sword. "I think we should move fast."
Nov 27 22:48:33 <Artemis> * "….He's turning it on you, yes, you need to move fast." *
Nov 27 22:48:45 <Adhelami> People begin to open windows and doors to look, now. Pale eyes and pale hair and pale faces. They all stare.
Nov 27 22:48:45 <LanceCole> Lance picks up the face.
Nov 27 22:48:46 <Jillian> Jillian takes a few shaky breaths and takes her pistol out of the holster. She keeps glancing at John and nodding.
Nov 27 22:49:10 <Illia> Illia grips her sword and leans in to Adhelami. "Show us your house. Quickly."
Nov 27 22:49:46 <Adhelami> "[Leave me alone Dahn Sarphon..]" She says to the man, and quickly moves forward. He turns to watch the group go.
Nov 27 22:50:05 <Adhelami> Everyone understands her, despite her speaking in Kehlvonian.
Nov 27 22:50:14 <LanceCole> "…hmm."
Nov 27 22:50:40 <Artemis> Artemis hurries along with Adhelami. "Are you scared, sehlvi?"
Nov 27 22:50:45 <John_Williamson> John's gun has stayed in his hand the whole time. He's more than willing to blast people if need be.
Nov 27 22:50:48 <LanceCole> He follows, sword drawn, and doing his best to screen adhelami from anyone malicious looking.
Nov 27 22:50:52 <John_Williamson> "don't worry, darlin. We got ya."
Nov 27 22:51:57 <Adhelami> "It is Ahtohrison— It's her. Who are those people she's with? They don't belong here. Are those soldiers? Bastards need to leave our district. What is she doing with them? Did he just call her Sehlvi??" Many voices are speaking around them, now.
Nov 27 22:52:26 <Adhelami> Adhelami gulps, "….They… They want us dead." She suddenly says. People begin to APPROACH the group, now…
Nov 27 22:52:59 <John_Williamson> "Let's keep going. They fuck with us, they die."
Nov 27 22:53:03 <Zoe_Chantili> "Then we may need to run…Ami, do you know the way to your house?"
Nov 27 22:53:08 <Jillian> Jillian gets closer to John, scared obviously.
Nov 27 22:53:09 <Illia> "Quickly, young one."
Nov 27 22:53:11 <Artemis> Artemis brings his sword to bear, walking alongside Adhelami and warning the people back. "Quickly…"
Nov 27 22:54:53 <Adhelami> *"You have ended up in the wrong place."* They can almost HEAR Kaiinithal smiling. People begin to yell at the group, crying obscenities and threats. They are now picking up weapons— anything they can get their hands on.
Nov 27 22:55:28 <LanceCole> LAnce is waiting for anyone to get close before engaging, while hustling along with the group.
Nov 27 22:55:57 <Adhelami> Suddenly, then, a group intercepts them. They are now completely surrounded.
Nov 27 22:56:11 <Artemis> --- Battle Line — Enraged Citizens go first!
Nov 27 22:58:39 <Artemis> Illia may attempt he tank ability, however.
Nov 27 22:59:03 <Illia> Illia grips her sword and looks at Artemis. "If this succeeds, let her run."
Nov 27 22:59:16 <Artemis> Artemis nods. He knows what's up.
Nov 27 22:59:51 <Illia> 4df+3 Tapping Holy dreadnaught for two AP, so duration is two turns. "Face a true Dreadnaught, demons." She roars in anger.
Nov 27 22:59:51 <Glacon> Illia: Tapping Holy dreadnaught for two AP, so duration is two turns. "Face a true Dreadnaught, demons." She roars in anger.: 1 (4df+3=0, 0, -, -)
Nov 27 23:00:08 <Artemis> Scene Aspect blah blah, yeah no, reroll.
Nov 27 23:00:30 <Adhelami> AHEM. Scene Aspect ILLIA IS A PROTECTOR.
Nov 27 23:02:11 <Illia> 4df+3 REROLL, MOFO
Nov 27 23:02:12 <Glacon> Illia: REROLL, MOFO: 4 (4df+3=0, -, +, +)
Nov 27 23:02:16 <Illia> Good enough.
Nov 27 23:02:43 <Artemis> 4df+3 Does not compute
Nov 27 23:02:43 <Glacon> Artemis: Does not compute: 4 (4df+3=0, +, -, +)
Nov 27 23:03:27 <Artemis> Illia definitely has their attention, but it's not going to last for long. It's difficult to tell -who- exactly Illia is trying to pull in with the effect.
Nov 27 23:04:07 <Illia> "Run. Now."
Nov 27 23:05:15 <Artemis> What with it being a memory and all. The citizens attack! Everyone roll Mental Defense.
Nov 27 23:05:29 <Zoe_Chantili> 4df+2
Nov 27 23:05:29 <Glacon> Zoe_Chantili: 2 (4df+2=+, +, -, -)
Nov 27 23:05:35 <LanceCole> 4df+5 Tagging TWRO
Nov 27 23:05:36 <Glacon> LanceCole: Tagging TWRO: 4 (4df+5=0, +, -, -)
Nov 27 23:05:39 <Illia> 4df+4 ndef
Nov 27 23:05:40 <Glacon> Illia: ndef: 2 (4df+4=-, -, 0, 0)
Nov 27 23:05:43 <LanceCole> Er, that's +4
Nov 27 23:05:45 <Dexanote> 4df+6 tagging Employee Benefits. 2 AP left.
Nov 27 23:05:45 <Glacon> Dexanote: tagging Employee Benefits. 2 AP left.: 5 (4df+6=0, +, -, -)
Nov 27 23:05:46 <LanceCole> So a 3
Nov 27 23:05:54 <IvahKnight> 4df+5 Using the buffer AP for a Stone tag
Nov 27 23:05:54 <Glacon> IvahKnight: Using the buffer AP for a Stone tag: 6 (4df+5=+, -, 0, +)
Nov 27 23:06:23 <Artemis> Myrtle doesn't need to roll, or course.
Nov 27 23:06:27 <Artemis> of
Nov 27 23:06:34 <Jillian> 4df+2 derp
Nov 27 23:06:35 <Glacon> Jillian: derp: 1 (4df+2=+, -, 0, -)
Nov 27 23:06:56 <Dexanote> 3 AP
Nov 27 23:07:12 <John_Williamson> 4df+4 John has an ugly mind still, and is quite bloodthirsty today
Nov 27 23:07:13 <Glacon> John_Williamson: John has an ugly mind still, and is quite bloodthirsty today: 4 (4df+4=-, +, -, +)
Nov 27 23:07:52 <Artemis> 4df+2 Artemis
Nov 27 23:07:53 <Glacon> Artemis: Artemis: 2 (4df+2=+, -, 0, 0)
Nov 27 23:10:59 <Artemis> The mob rushes the group, wielding farming tools or wooden boards or rocks or anything they can find. Unlike the dream before, this memory is visceral. There's a reality to it so unlike anything that came before in Adhelami's mind. Zoe, Illia, Jillian and Artemis are overwhelmed with a sense of frantic desperation.
Nov 27 23:10:59 <Artemis> They are not allowed to apply bonuses of any kind to their following rolls. Luckily, due to Illia's partial success, no one takes damage. Yet.
Nov 27 23:11:10 <Artemis> Zoe.
Nov 27 23:13:29 <Zoe_Chantili> Zoe, her mind being overwhelmed with the sence of frantic desperation, decides that it's time to use her serect weapon, and eyes the closest villager, She stands up, pointing her hand at him, and lets out a scream. (Telefrag,3 AP. 2 left)
Nov 27 23:14:35 <Illia> 4df+5 "RUN, YOUNG ONE, RUN." Illia feels fear for the first time…she takes a swipe at the nearest group of mobsters. (Come on, mob. Obviously more than one target.
Nov 27 23:14:35 <Glacon> Illia: "RUN, YOUNG ONE, RUN." Illia feels fear for the first time…she takes a swipe at the nearest group of mobsters. (Come on, mob. Obviously more than one target.: 4 (4df+5=0, -, -, +)
Nov 27 23:15:42 <Artemis> Mere feet away, a villager next to jillian explodes into gore as Zoe appears in his place, showering everyone nearby with blood and viscera.
Nov 27 23:16:03 <Zoe_Chantili> Zoe lets out a yell. "ALL of you, BACK!"
Nov 27 23:16:43 <Dexanote> Myrtle slides between villagers, tripping one, heading far behind her group.
Nov 27 23:17:38 <Artemis> Illia easily chops a man in the mob, splitting his hand and taking some of his fingers. He screams in pain.
Nov 27 23:17:38 <John_Williamson> John reaches into a deep pocket, hoping for the life of him that something he forgot to put back in the ammunition storage room is there and just got overlooked. A 40mm HDEP round. is it there?
Nov 27 23:18:17 <Jillian> Jillian backs up, covered in blood. She looks at John and closes her eyes.
Nov 27 23:18:24 <Adhelami> Adhelami gasps at the sights of her people being DESTROYED, her eyes filled with fear and tears. If she's gonna move, somebody is going to have to move her.
Nov 27 23:18:25 <Artemis> Yes. And it is somewhat larger than John expects it to be.
Nov 27 23:18:28 <Jillian> 4df+2 One shot.
Nov 27 23:18:29 <Glacon> Jillian: One shot.: 6 (4df+2=+, +, +, +)
Nov 27 23:18:39 <Adhelami> Oh, and Adhelami has both eyes.
Nov 27 23:18:46 <LanceCole> Lance lingers, not wanting to abandon Illia/whoever stayed behind.
Nov 27 23:20:06 <Artemis> Jillian squeezes off her shot and drops another assailant, causing a great hole in the woman's head.
Nov 27 23:20:46 * Salmander (~ten.elbacwahs.gc.63A9248-CRInys|rednamlaS#ten.elbacwahs.gc.63A9248-CRInys|rednamlaS) has joined #afteractionmission
Nov 27 23:20:47 <Artemis> Artemis takes Adhelami's arm and tugs her out of the melee. "RUN SEHLVI, IT ISN'T REAL!"
Nov 27 23:21:22 <John_Williamson> John looks over at Jill and gives her a thumbs up
Nov 27 23:21:33 <Jillian> Jillian covers her mouth and shakes her head. "I'm sorry…"
Nov 27 23:22:08 <John_Williamson> John's grinning at her
Nov 27 23:23:04 <Artemis> John and Jillian are being assaulted by street people.
Nov 27 23:23:11 <Adhelami> Adhelami shuts her eyes and shakes her head, stumbling as he pulls her. She runs with him, "I-I know!! I…" She clutches the box close and continues. Some of the group's assailants look back at the two running away. Somebody better DOWN DEM.
Nov 27 23:23:40 <Artemis> Lance and Knight are next.
Nov 27 23:23:50 <Adhelami> "This way..!" Adhelami stops Artemis, and tugs him down a small little side street.
Nov 27 23:24:27 <Artemis> Artemis stumbles along with her, keeping up.
Nov 27 23:25:00 <Zoe_Chantili> "WE gotta keep em focused on us untill Ami can get home!"
Nov 27 23:26:01 <LanceCole> "Ahhh, very well. I trust Artemis to keep her safe." Lance pushes into the crowd, making for Illia, who sems to be closer, and bashes heads on the way to make thhis easier.
Nov 27 23:26:11 <LanceCole> 4df+4 Punch, hack, stab
Nov 27 23:26:11 <Dexanote> 4df+4 Myrtle steps to one side of the mob, away from Adhelamis home. She shoots. "HEY EVERYONE, LOOK OVER HERE, YOU MISSED ONE."
Nov 27 23:26:11 <Glacon> LanceCole: Punch, hack, stab: 4 (4df+4=0, +, 0, -)
Nov 27 23:26:12 <Glacon> Dexanote: Myrtle steps to one side of the mob, away from Adhelamis home. She shoots. "HEY EVERYONE, LOOK OVER HERE, YOU MISSED ONE.": 5 (4df+4=0, 0, +, 0)
Nov 27 23:26:38 * Salmander (~ten.elbacwahs.gc.63A9248-CRInys|rednamlaS#ten.elbacwahs.gc.63A9248-CRInys|rednamlaS) has left #afteractionmission
Nov 27 23:26:53 <Artemis> Is myrtle forsaking her stealth completely?
Nov 27 23:27:08 <Dexanote> Yes.
Nov 27 23:30:08 <Dexanote> pause.
Nov 27 23:31:31 <Dexanote> retcon out that entire bit. Apoplogies
Nov 27 23:32:46 <Dexanote> Myrtle lurks around, trying to decide how best to take the situation..
Nov 27 23:33:49 <Artemis> Lance skewers a mobster, who still fights valiantly yet.
Nov 27 23:33:58 <Artemis> IvahKnight?
Nov 27 23:35:24 <IvahKnight> Knight pushes through the group, turns, and fires a few shots from his handgun at the heads of the mob behind him while running forward.
Nov 27 23:35:30 <IvahKnight> 4df+4
Nov 27 23:35:37 <IvahKnight> 4df+4 .
Nov 27 23:35:38 <Glacon> IvahKnight: .: 4 (4df+4=0, -, 0, +)
Nov 27 23:36:59 <Artemis> A man takes one of Ivah's bullets to the upper chest and staggers, but still stands, swinging his club.
Nov 27 23:37:02 <Artemis> John
Nov 27 23:39:20 * Dexanote_ (~ten.elbacogc.emoh.AB16CE54-CRInys|alliztahc#ten.elbacogc.emoh.AB16CE54-CRInys|alliztahc) has joined #afteractionmission
Nov 27 23:40:31 <John_Williamson> 4df+7 tagging "and the answer is a gun" John loads the 40mm shell into his 203. "Adhel, Artemis, GET DOWN" he fires, aiming for the people pursuing those two and avoid hitting friendlies. *THOOMP*
Nov 27 23:40:31 <Glacon> John_Williamson: tagging "and the answer is a gun" John loads the 40mm shell into his 203. "Adhel, Artemis, GET DOWN" he fires, aiming for the people pursuing those two and avoid hitting friendlies. *THOOMP*: 5 (4df+7=-, -, 0, 0)
Nov 27 23:40:34 * ChanServ sets mode +q #afteractionmission E4D
Nov 27 23:40:34 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to E4D
Nov 27 23:42:28 <Artemis> Compelling SA: Subconscious Expectations - The explosion accelerates much more forcefully than usual, because VEHN JOHN LIKES, AH… BOOM THINGS. +2 for a 7.
Nov 27 23:42:30 * Dexanote has quit (Ping timeout)
Nov 27 23:42:37 * Dexanote_ is now known as Dexanote
Nov 27 23:43:06 <Artemis> Which blows the pursuers apart and crumbles quite a bit of the parallel walls. Myrtle?
Nov 27 23:47:30 <Artemis> Dexanote?
Nov 27 23:47:32 <Dexanote> 4df+8 Tagging Ghost in the Machine, and Precise Expungement of Data || Myrtle steps between Adhelami and the group, and flip her hair. With luck, her power will extend to cover the rest of the group, making the mob forget what the fuck. Might make Adhelami forget her, too, but the rest of the group would probably be unaffected; they weren't paying attention when she was setting up.
Nov 27 23:47:33 <Glacon> Dexanote: Tagging Ghost in the Machine, and Precise Expungement of Data || Myrtle steps between Adhelami and the group, and flip her hair. With luck, her power will extend to cover the rest of the group, making the mob forget what the fuck. Might make Adhelami forget her, too, but the rest of the group would probably be unaffected; they weren't paying attention when she was setting up.: 9 (4df+8=0, -, +, +)
Nov 27 23:47:41 <Dexanote> Magic.
Nov 27 23:49:30 <Dexanote> 1 Ap left.
Nov 27 23:51:27 <Artemis> Welp
Nov 27 23:51:30 <Artemis> The mob stops suddenly, blinking, seemingly forgetting what they were trying to accomplish. Some of them mutter in their native language, dispersing amongst themselves, forgetting even their dead lying upon the dirty ground.
Nov 27 23:51:55 <LanceCole> "…" Event he man who has a sword in his gut?
Nov 27 23:52:06 <Zoe_Chantili> Zoe blinks, breathing out, blood still covering her, not moving.
Nov 27 23:52:20 <Artemis> Yes.
Nov 27 23:52:23 <Illia> Illia just grips her sword, panting softly.
Nov 27 23:52:45 <LanceCole> Lance tugs his sword loose as the man wanders away.
Nov 27 23:52:51 <Jillian> Jillian backs away from the dead women, whispering "I'm sorry" over and over.
Nov 27 23:52:55 <LanceCole> He looks at the others, and says.
Nov 27 23:53:01 <John_Williamson> "Jill, you allright?"
Nov 27 23:53:09 <LanceCole> "Let's go link back up with the others?"
Nov 27 23:53:14 <Zoe_Chantili> Zoe carefully moves back, looking at the others. "I think we should quietly move, before they realize what happened."
Nov 27 23:53:30 <Zoe_Chantili> PS, Zoe looks like she went for a swim in a abrator slop bucket.
Nov 27 23:53:32 <John_Williamson> John picks up speed, taking Jill with him, as he catches up with the others.
Nov 27 23:53:32 <Jillian> "I…I killed her…I didn't mean to…I'm sorry…fix her"
Nov 27 23:53:49 <John_Williamson> "She fuckin' deserved it"
Nov 27 23:53:50 <LanceCole> Lance follows John, running hard.
Nov 27 23:53:54 <John_Williamson> "congrats on a good kill"
Nov 27 23:54:01 <John_Williamson> John continues congratulating Jill
Nov 27 23:54:04 <Jillian> "I didn't mean to."
Nov 27 23:54:17 <Adhelami> Adhelami and Artemis have moved down a side-road, if any of them were paying attention. "The Ahtohrison district is nearby…!"
Nov 27 23:54:25 <Zoe_Chantili> "John…You're not helping…just,be quiet for a minute, and lets get out of here. Jillian, she's not real, It's a dream."
Nov 27 23:54:40 <LanceCole> As he passes, on, if he can spot Myrtle, he gives her a grim, but grateful smile.
Nov 27 23:55:02 <Artemis> * "What the… oh. Nice work." *
Nov 27 23:55:02 <Artemis> Artemis runs along with her. "Sehlvi, why is this memory so important? What is going on?"
Nov 27 23:55:14 <Illia> Illia looks for Adhelami, and runs after them.
Nov 27 23:55:17 <Dexanote> Well, that wasn't Myrtle, it was a box. He's patted on the other shoulder, though.
Nov 27 23:55:21 <Illia> "Zoe, come!"
Nov 27 23:55:41 <Zoe_Chantili> Zoe is following in her slightly sqishy way, blood still dripping from her.
Nov 27 23:55:43 <IvahKnight> Knight flicks the blood off his still slightly bleeding hand and sighs as he follows the voices of Artemis and Adhelami
Nov 27 23:55:46 <LanceCole> "Clever girl." Remarks Lancius, without looking.
Nov 27 23:56:17 <LanceCole> Then he looks, because it might be someone trying to stab him.
Nov 27 23:56:38 <LanceCole> Still running
Nov 27 23:56:52 <Jillian> Jillian slips her pistol into the holster, shill shaking slightly.
Nov 27 23:56:58 <Zoe_Chantili> Zoe still follows, running fast, keeping up with everyone
Nov 27 23:57:06 <John_Williamson> John pats Jill on the back again, and keeps up with people
Nov 27 23:58:52 <Adhelami> *"Adhelami. You will regret it.*" He suddenly says softly. Adhelami looks up into the sky as the group makes their way out of the side road and into a main street. They seem to be in a town square. There are a few people moving about, doing early morning chores.
Nov 27 23:58:53 <Artemis> John, roll perception
Nov 27 23:59:00 <John_Williamson> 4df
Nov 27 23:59:01 <Glacon> John_Williamson: 0 (4df=+, 0, -, 0)
Nov 27 23:59:06 <Adhelami> She stops and looks up.
Nov 27 23:59:40 <Jillian> Jillian rubs her temples, not sure of what to think.
Nov 28 00:00:41 <Artemis> Jillian, perception.
Nov 28 00:00:52 <Jillian> 4df it won't be much better
Nov 28 00:00:52 <Glacon> Jillian: it won't be much better: 1 (4df=0, +, -, +)
Nov 28 00:02:41 <Artemis> Jillian and John are shocked by a sudden assailant, who leaps down from a balcony and onto the street behind them. He lobs a a crude, yet familiar, bomb-like device at them. MDef both of them.
Nov 28 00:02:59 <Jillian> 4df+2 god I hate this part
Nov 28 00:02:59 <Glacon> Jillian: god I hate this part: 0 (4df+2=0, -, -, 0)
Nov 28 00:03:22 <John_Williamson> 4df+4
Nov 28 00:03:23 <Glacon> John_Williamson: 4 (4df+4=0, +, -, 0)
Nov 28 00:03:35 <Artemis> 4df+6
Nov 28 00:03:36 <Glacon> Artemis: : 3 (4df+6=-, -, -, 0)
Nov 28 00:06:35 <Artemis> It's thrown low and rolls more toward Jillian and BABOOMM.
Nov 28 00:07:31 <John_Williamson> John throws her out of the way
Nov 28 00:07:53 <Artemis> !
Nov 28 00:09:09 <Artemis> John takes the 2 damage from the aggravated explosion and falls to the ground, slowly dissipating from the memory.
Nov 28 00:10:00 <Jillian> "John? JOHN!" Jillian reaches for his disappearing form. "JOHN!"
Nov 28 00:10:50 <Adhelami> Adhelami drops the memory box, and falls to her knees, crying out sharply as she holds her head.
Nov 28 00:11:09 <LanceCole> Lance frowns glancing back, then looks at ymrtle, gesturing for her to go to jill.
Nov 28 00:11:16 <LanceCole> He heads for adhelami.
Nov 28 00:11:27 <Artemis> Artemis gasps, clutching Adhelami to stabilize her. "Sehlvi?"
Nov 28 00:11:30 <Adhelami> -1 mind to Adhelami.
Nov 28 00:11:42 <LanceCole> "What's wrong?" Eyes up, scanning for hostile villagers, or monsters.
Nov 28 00:12:08 <Zoe_Chantili> "Ami! Come on, we're almost there!"
Nov 28 00:12:09 <Adhelami> Suddenly, the scene shifts. The sky flashes to an odd color that seems difficult to pinpoint, the buildings suddenly look so… old.
Nov 28 00:12:14 <Zoe_Chantili> "Just a bit more…"
Nov 28 00:12:38 <Jillian> "John. John come back. That was stupid. Get back here…don't leave me alone…"
Nov 28 00:13:07 <Dexanote> Dammit. Myr mutters.
Nov 28 00:13:39 <Artemis> * "He's fine, Jillian, keep moving - aw shit… not again - Uh… No, yeah, he's been expelled, he's fine." *
Nov 28 00:14:06 <Adhelami> Suddenly, Alex's job seems more complicated, ad Adhelami's mind has become damaged.
Nov 28 00:14:16 <IvahKnight> "This reality is destabilizing." He holsters the gun and rubs at his stubble. "Interesting."
Nov 28 00:14:41 <LanceCole> "*Artemis*. We need to move, so we can finish this. Get her up." He's eying the surroundings uneasily.
Nov 28 00:14:46 <Zoe_Chantili> "We need to move then…" Zoe comes up to Ami. "Ami,it's not much longer…just a bit more, right? You can do it…"
Nov 28 00:15:01 <Artemis> Artemis helps Adhelami up, "Sehlvi, come, we have to go…"
Nov 28 00:15:01 <Jillian> Jillian looks around at the people. Silent mode.
Nov 28 00:15:23 <Adhelami> *"Adhelami. This is a memory you've wanted to forget.*"
Nov 28 00:15:23 <Adhelami> "M-My memories make me who I am… I can't forsake any of them…" She breaths shakily, picking the box back up.
Nov 28 00:15:44 <Illia> Illia runs with the two, covering them.
Nov 28 00:15:48 <LanceCole> "That's the spirit."
Nov 28 00:15:59 <LanceCole> Lance also moves with the group, covering Adhelami.
Nov 28 00:16:05 <LanceCole> His voice is all of the approving.
Nov 28 00:16:22 <Zoe_Chantili> Zoe follows. "WE're all here with you Ami. All of your friends are here with you"
Nov 28 00:16:27 <Artemis> Artemis helps her along. "I am proud of you, sehlvi," he whispers to her.
Nov 28 00:16:39 <Jillian> "I hate you Alex" Jillian runs with the group, eyes darting around.
Nov 28 00:16:46 <Adhelami> *"…And your sure you want the others to know, as well..?*" A white house nearby the square is the only one with its windows wide open. Adhelami heads for it.
Nov 28 00:16:56 <Illia> "You have my sword, young one. Keep going."
Nov 28 00:17:04 <Zoe_Chantili> Zoe keeps close to Ami
Nov 28 00:17:49 <LanceCole> As does lance. "Mine as well, little adhelami. Put your memory in it's proper place."
Nov 28 00:18:26 <Adhelami> Adhelami goes and throws the door open of her house. Here it is, her home. It's quaint and small, with pictures on the walls, and knick-knacks everywhere.
Nov 28 00:18:43 <IvahKnight> "Memories, huh." Knight relaxes, putting both of his hands in his pockets as he follows at his own pace. A sardonic smile.
Nov 28 00:19:05 <Dexanote> Very kitsch. Myrtle thinks. Charming.
Nov 28 00:19:10 <Adhelami> There is a staircase before them, on the right side of the wall. Adhelami stands in the house. It has a fair scent of ceder, inside.
Nov 28 00:19:17 <LanceCole> Lance remains alert, eyes scanning constantly.
Nov 28 00:19:32 <Zoe_Chantili> "Very pretty Ami."
Nov 28 00:19:33 <LanceCole> It is a nice home though, thinks the centurion.
Nov 28 00:19:47 <Artemis> Artemis looks around, eyes widening and mouth gaping with curiosity and delight. Adhelami's home..
Nov 28 00:19:51 <Jillian> Jillian stays silent, feeling really awkward about this.
Nov 28 00:20:11 <Adhelami> She stands there, quietly for a moment, taking it all in.
Nov 28 00:20:11 <Adhelami> *"If you're so sure, I will not stop you.*" Kaiinithal's voice is… gentle?
Nov 28 00:21:39 * Zoe_Chantili has quit (Quit: ~ Trillian Astra - www.trillian.im ~)
Nov 28 00:22:03 <Adhelami> Adhelami looks at the box. God, what is it? It's so familiar
She blinks. It's the box for her forehead adornments. She remembers! She slowly begins to head up the rickety little wooden stairs with the worn-out centers from all the feet.
Nov 28 00:22:29 * LanceCole follows, but brings up the rear.
Nov 28 00:22:37 <IvahKnight> Knight stands in the door, his frame taking up the door. He watches Adhelami, that unfortunate smile never leaving his face.
Nov 28 00:22:37 <Artemis> Artemis follows behind her.
Nov 28 00:22:52 <Illia> Illia walks with her.
Nov 28 00:23:01 <Jillian> nope, Jillian stays in the back, no fucking way anyone is getting behind her.
Nov 28 00:23:26 <Adhelami> Every proper step creaks under her feet. She remembers each specific step would do that. And how she would avoid them by creeping up the sides when she wanted to be sneaky.
Nov 28 00:23:29 <LanceCole> "Is anyone injured?"
Nov 28 00:23:29 <LanceCole> He asks quietly.
Nov 28 00:23:54 <IvahKnight> He reaches for a cigarette and turns to watch the ghetto, not even bothering to light it.
Nov 28 00:24:26 <Adhelami> As she stops, at the top, she looks to her right, and into the bedroom of her parents as they sleep close together. She blinks and watches them for a moment with fond eyes.
Nov 28 00:25:28 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Dexanote
Nov 28 00:25:29 <Artemis> Artemis touches Adhelami's shoulder lightly.
Nov 28 00:26:34 <Adhelami> She looks to Artemis and smiles a little— and then turns to head down the hall and into her own bedroom. She turns the old knob, and pushes the stubborn wooden door open.
Nov 28 00:27:08 <LanceCole> Lance follows at a slight distance behind everyone.
Nov 28 00:28:04 <Dexanote> Myrtle is right near Adhelami.
Nov 28 00:28:34 <Jillian> Jillian chews her lip softly, watching from the doorway.
Nov 28 00:28:56 <Adhelami> The bedroom is a little disorganized in one corner, full of sewing and weaving materials. Her clothing hangs in a closet, all it's various colors and styles, much of which she didn't get to bring with her. Her bed, with the big puffy covers, sits under the open window. The curtains sway with wind. Then, her vanity next to it, full of baubles and ribbons and girl-things. A space the size of the box is open on it.
Nov 28 00:30:11 <Adhelami> The smell of the room is… soft and a little spicy. A little like faded Chanel No. 5, if you're ever curious enough to go to the mall and smell it.
Nov 28 00:30:55 <Artemis> Artemis inhales quietly, savoring the deep scent.
Nov 28 00:32:09 <Dexanote> Myrtle does not!
Nov 28 00:32:14 <Dexanote> because that woulc be creepy.
Nov 28 00:32:40 <Adhelami> If you're breathing through your nose, it doesn't matter!
Nov 28 00:33:10 <Adhelami> She enters the little bedroom and goes slowly to the vanity. She looks at herself in the mirror. It's nice to still have both eyes.
Nov 28 00:33:38 <Artemis> Artemis points to the space where the box might go. "Sehlvi?"
Nov 28 00:34:31 <Adhelami> She looks at the box, back to the group, and then sets it down
Nov 28 00:35:54 <Adhelami> And the scene suddenly changes for them. Adhelami steps away near to the door, and the light in the room changes a little. A young Adhelami lays, sleeping in her bed. She may be an older teenager in this phase.
Nov 28 00:36:22 * LanceCole tilts his head, re-orienting.
Nov 28 00:36:52 <Jillian> Jillian thinks about lighting a cigarette, but waits.
Nov 28 00:38:09 <Illia> Illia stands there, next to Adhelami.
Nov 28 00:38:13 <Illia> Watching.
Nov 28 00:38:15 <Adhelami> Through the window, a figure comes down and swings in rather precisely, parting his legs and landing on the girl's bed. His feet land on either side of her, not stepping on her.
Nov 28 00:38:15 <Adhelami> It's Kaiinithal. Dressed in traditional ware, and a little younger-looking with a smirk on his face, he stands over the girl in her bed. She suddenly wakes up and looks at him.
Nov 28 00:38:56 <Adhelami> "Goodmorning, Lehlna." His soft voice says. Adhelami in the bed smiles.
Nov 28 00:38:56 <Adhelami> Adhelami, by the door, gasps. But it's as if the two by the bed don't even notice the group is there.
Nov 28 00:39:12 <Artemis> Artemis tenses, then stops…
Nov 28 00:39:49 <Illia> Illia doesn't react…physically, anyway. Artemis can feel small waves of confusion and slight anger.
Nov 28 00:40:04 <Artemis> The same emanate from Artemis.
Nov 28 00:40:12 <Jillian> Jillian has no idea what the fuck, she chews her nails silently.
Nov 28 00:40:13 <Artemis> … laced with jealousy.
Nov 28 00:41:32 <LanceCole> Lance watches puzzled.
Nov 28 00:42:07 <Adhelami> "I told you that's a rash thing to be calling me." She sits up a little, but Kaiinithal suddenly straddles the young woman and wraps an arm around her waist, pressing his forehead to her
"I believe it is the perfect thing. I would call you Endelna, if you would have it. But you're such a fickle girl." Young Adhelami giggles.
Nov 28 00:42:07 <Adhelami> "…We…" Adhelami can't even finish her words as she watches the couple suddenly kiss.
Nov 28 00:43:02 <Artemis> Artemis looks at his Adhelami with confusion. "…You… and…?"
Nov 28 00:43:37 <Illia> "What…what is this…" Illia is momentarily confunded.
Nov 28 00:45:14 <Adhelami> Adhelami can feel a bit of shame washing over her at the secret she had been hiding.
Nov 28 00:45:14 <Adhelami> The true Kaiinithal suddenly stands in front of the house, looking up at the window. He speaks, but his words reach them clearly, "I told you that you wanted to forget. I saw how hard you tried to keep it a secret, and push it away."
Nov 28 00:45:14 <Adhelami> Adhelami suddenly perks up— And the group is transported OUT of the house, in front of him. Pale-looking, sickly as ever. He lacks the life his old self had.
Nov 28 00:46:07 * Illia is now known as Dr_Kens
Nov 28 00:46:18 <Artemis> Artemis levels his lance, prepared to strike in an instant. "[Betrayer!]"
Nov 28 00:47:09 <Dr_Kens> "[Artemis, wait.]"
Nov 28 00:47:20 <LanceCole> Lance hefts his sword, but makes no move, just watching.
Nov 28 00:47:31 <IvahKnight> Knight keeps his hands in his pockets, having more or less guessed what transpired upstairs. He's content to watch.
Nov 28 00:47:46 <Dexanote> Myrtle calmly and quietly walks up towards Kaiinithal.
Nov 28 00:48:09 <Artemis> Myrtle finds herself walking, but not gaining any distance on him.
Nov 28 00:48:33 * Bright is now known as You-have_no_life
Nov 28 00:48:57 <Dexanote> she :| s
Nov 28 00:49:16 <LanceCole> Lance rests a hand on the shoulder of the woman who isn't going anywhere, and shrugs, consolingly, as if to say, 'what can you do'
Nov 28 00:49:25 * Dexanote is now known as NO_DUH
Nov 28 00:49:28 <LanceCole> Keeping one eye on kain.
Nov 28 00:49:30 * NO_DUH is now known as Dexanote
Nov 28 00:49:43 <Adhelami> Adhelami stumbles a little, with disorientation— and then glares at Kaiinithal, tears in her eyes, "KAIINITHAL!" She cries out sharply, "[How could you]"
Nov 28 00:49:43 <Adhelami> "[Are you hurt? Upset? I only wished to protect you.]" He speaks quietly and gentle.
Nov 28 00:50:06 <LanceCole> And he removes his palm.
Nov 28 00:50:17 <Adhelami> They can understand them, by the by.
Nov 28 00:50:26 * You-have_no_life is now known as Bright
Nov 28 00:52:12 <Adhelami> Adhelami can only SCREAM out in effort, "AUGH!! [YOU WERE A LIAR!]"
Nov 28 00:52:12 <Adhelami> "[I /SAVED/ you.]" He suddenly says, sharply, "[I picked you up and gave you life, girl. You repaid me by denying me in the end.]"
Nov 28 00:52:12 <Adhelami> Adhelami simply stands, shaking, crying with anger.
Nov 28 00:53:21 <Artemis> "Who would love an unrepentant monster?" Artemis asks, knuckles going white from gripping his sword so tightly.
Nov 28 00:54:16 <Adhelami> "…Your jealousy is showing." He suddenly snips at Artemis.
Nov 28 00:54:27 <IvahKnight> "Sometimes…we do horrible things to protect people we loved." Knight murmurs quietly, identifying far more strongly with Kaiinithal than he cares for.
Nov 28 00:54:50 <Artemis> "And so it does," Artemis growls, uncaring.
Nov 28 00:54:53 <Dexanote> Myrtle quietly considers if she can just shoot the guy.
Nov 28 00:56:34 * John_Williamson has quit (Ping timeout)
Nov 28 00:57:11 <Adhelami> "[Your life belongs to me Adhelami. I gave it all to you. You would have died without me. Everything you are, everything you have
It belongs to me. Even if you deny it, your memories know the truth.]" He points to everyone, "[And everyone else here knows now, too. You tried to hide it from them— and I tried to help you. But no longer do I have pity for you.]" He suddenly grips his hands
Nov 28 00:57:11 <Adhelami> And the group is suddenly kept in place once more, just as they were the last time.
Nov 28 00:58:32 <Adhelami> Kaiinithal then approaches them, moving up to Adhelami. He looks to Artemis as he stands near her.
Nov 28 00:58:52 <LanceCole> "…." Impotent ury.
Nov 28 00:58:55 <LanceCole> *fury
Nov 28 00:59:41 <Artemis> Artemis scowls as his body tenses, trying to resist the hold, break out, do anything, to get a shot in at Kaiinithal.
Nov 28 00:59:44 * Dr_Kens has quit (Quit: <censored> IT. I'm going to bed. I'm to nice to handle this <censored>.)
Nov 28 01:00:46 <Adhelami> Artemis, roll ATH
Nov 28 01:01:41 <Adhelami> Kaiinithal then grabs Adhelami by the hair and neck, throwing her to the ground away from the group. Turning away from the group and moving in on her.
Nov 28 01:01:49 <Artemis> 4df+5 Tagging Clockwork Champion
Nov 28 01:01:50 <Glacon> Artemis: Tagging Clockwork Champion: 7 (4df+5=0, +, 0, +)
Nov 28 01:02:03 <LanceCole> At this, lance also strains to move, not at all content to wait anymore.
Nov 28 01:02:45 <Adhelami> Artemis breaks free of the hold!
Nov 28 01:03:21 * Dexanote_ (~ten.elbacogc.emoh.AB16CE54-CRInys|alliztahc#ten.elbacogc.emoh.AB16CE54-CRInys|alliztahc) has joined #afteractionmission
Nov 28 01:03:44 <Adhelami> Kaiinithal's back is turned, and he is not wary of this.
Nov 28 01:04:14 <Artemis> Artemis explodes into motion, destroying the magical hold as the clockwork in his body turns rapidly, driving his body forward with lethal intent.
Nov 28 01:05:57 * DicksABoat (ten.elbacogc.emoh.AB16CE54-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.elbacogc.emoh.AB16CE54-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
Nov 28 01:06:17 * Dexanote has quit (Ping timeout)
Nov 28 01:06:39 <Artemis> Artemis takes three sprinting steps and leaps high into the air, screaming a horrible cure in French.
Nov 28 01:06:47 <Artemis> 4df+7 Tagging CC
Nov 28 01:06:48 <Glacon> Artemis: Tagging CC: 6 (4df+7=-, 0, 0, 0)
Nov 28 01:06:59 <Artemis> 4df+7 AP reroll
Nov 28 01:07:00 <Glacon> Artemis: AP reroll: 9 (4df+7=+, -, +, +)
Nov 28 01:07:07 * DicksABoat is now known as Dexanote
Nov 28 01:07:13 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Dexanote
Nov 28 01:08:21 <Adhelami> No point in rolling. Kaiinithal turns suddenly to try and face his attacker
fuck
Nov 28 01:08:28 <Adhelami> His dull eyes go wide.
Nov 28 01:08:50 * Dexanote_ has quit (Ping timeout)
Nov 28 01:10:25 <Artemis> Artemis' mighty leap propels the lance -deep- into Kaiinithal's chest, and as the warrior touches down, he wrenches the weapon out sideways.
Nov 28 01:13:14 <Adhelami> Kaiinithal stumbles the fuck back— Jesus christ, that wound is horrible. Blood sprays from it, but it becomes shadow-stuff as it comes in contact with the air. He looks up, stunned, and huffs… "…Get out." He weakly says…
Nov 28 01:13:31 <Dexanote> no u.
Nov 28 01:14:55 <Artemis> "Release her and NE-"
Nov 28 01:15:02 <Adhelami> And the group is then transported back to AA, waking up in their respective bodies.