Kiss of the Void

Nov 25 22:59:43 <Dawny> 4df should have put points in this
Nov 25 22:59:43 <Glacon> Dawny: should have put points in this: 1 (4df=+, +, 0, -)
Nov 25 23:00:03 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to MisterFlames
Nov 25 23:00:34 <MisterFlames> 4df+4 Henry thinks the bridge counts.
Nov 25 23:00:35 <Glacon> MisterFlames: Henry thinks the bridge counts.: 5 (4df+4=+, +, -, 0)
Nov 25 23:00:37 <Nioki> Jillian notices something on the horizon. It seems to be some kind of dot. She doesn't have the best eyesight.
Nov 25 23:00:53 <Dawny> Jillian really doesn't.
Nov 25 23:01:17 <Dawny> 4df+4 engineering. Is it some kind of plane or other mechanical device?
Nov 25 23:01:17 <Glacon> Dawny: engineering. Is it some kind of plane or other mechanical device?: 4 (4df+4=+, -, 0, 0)
Nov 25 23:02:03 <Nioki> Henry gets a better view. In the distance, he recognizes the distinct appearance of a fuel tanker. Jillian also manages to determine that the dots on top of the bigger dot form, well… http://timrileylaw.com/LNG.ht3.jpg
Nov 25 23:02:52 <Dawny> «Hey, guys, there's some sort of…well, something, on the horizon»
Nov 25 23:03:29 <MisterFlames> «Fuel tanker» Henry says from the bridge.
Nov 25 23:03:45 <Dawny> «We could use fuel»
Nov 25 23:03:48 <Maddy> «Oh, uh, c-copy that.» she looks at Jason.
Nov 25 23:04:17 * Bouncl (~ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.F89E38BE-CRInys|alliztahc#ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.F89E38BE-CRInys|alliztahc) has joined #afteraction
Nov 25 23:05:09 <CondorTalon> Rosa heads up to the deck. "What's this all about?"
Nov 25 23:06:22 <E4D> «Stand by, Alice and I'll be up shortly.»
Nov 25 23:06:32 <E4D> "Get your dress on, hun."
Nov 25 23:06:39 <Maddy> «Might b-be people, maybe w-we can get some a-actual trade g-going.» Alice gets up and starts getting ready.
Nov 25 23:09:23 <MisterFlames> Henry takes out a pair of binoculars, and looks the ship over.
Nov 25 23:09:47 <Dawny> Jillian walks over to Samson and straps in.
Nov 25 23:09:52 <Nioki> The boat doesn't seem to moving, and he can't see anyone on deck.
Nov 25 23:10:52 <E4D> Jason arrives on deck a few minutes later in full battledress, carrying a large metallic rifle-like weapon. He slings it over the front of his chest, and sets about dropping a pair of frags and autoinjectors into a few pouches up front.
Nov 25 23:10:59 <Maddy> Alice grabs a casevac, couple of frags and a couple of injectors. Could be injured, could be bears. Pays to be prepared.
Nov 25 23:11:16 <E4D> NVGs get mounted a second later as he looks out at the ship.
Nov 25 23:11:20 <E4D> <Bosun?>
Nov 25 23:11:30 <E4D> <Crewed or derelict?>
Nov 25 23:12:34 <MisterFlames> "No crew visible, Captain," Henry replies.
Nov 25 23:12:54 <Dawny> Jillian continues to hum. Sounds like…Dance of the Sugar Plum Faeries?
Nov 25 23:13:15 * E4D has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Nov 25 23:13:15 * Notify: E4D is offline (SCP and Related Channels).
Nov 25 23:13:16 <MisterFlames> "I presume you're thinking of going to pay a visit, sir?"
Nov 25 23:13:46 * Notify: E4D is online (SCP and Related Channels).
Nov 25 23:13:49 * E4D (PI.B08D965B.1E55703B.3EFD6608|tibbiM#PI.B08D965B.1E55703B.3EFD6608|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Nov 25 23:13:49 <Maddy> <Thinking a-about it yea.>
Nov 25 23:14:41 <E4D> <Wouldn't hurt to check it out.
Nov 25 23:15:03 <Maddy> <Well it c-could, b-but we'll be careful.>
Nov 25 23:15:11 <MisterFlames> "How close do you want the Hawk?"
Nov 25 23:15:25 <Dawny> "What I wouldn't give for a piano" Jillian mumbles, walking up to Jason and Alice.
Nov 25 23:15:44 <Maddy> «Anyone w-wanting to head out and c-check out another ship we've s-spotted, p-please get on d-deck.»
Nov 25 23:15:59 <E4D> <We come up a few hundred meters off the bow, visual reconnoiter, looks clear, we conduct a visit, board, search, and secure. Anything too weird, we get the fuck out and shell the bitch with the 30mm below the waterline and commit her to the deep."
Nov 25 23:17:10 <Maddy> Alice snickers at the word "reconnoiter."
Nov 25 23:18:12 <E4D> <?>
Nov 25 23:18:23 <E4D> «Artemis, you around?»
Nov 25 23:18:35 <MisterFlames> "Aye aye. I'll close to about four hundred meters." Henry checks the sonar for a depth reading.
Nov 25 23:19:16 <Artemis> «Ah, what do you need?»
Nov 25 23:20:25 * ChanServ sets mode +q #afteraction E4D
Nov 25 23:20:25 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to E4D
Nov 25 23:22:04 <Nioki> The derelict tanker continues not moving.
Nov 25 23:22:49 <MisterFlames> Henry closes in, after making sure there's nothing to run into.
Nov 25 23:23:00 <E4D> «We're about to conduct a VBSS on a derelict container ship.»
Nov 25 23:24:10 <Artemis> «I am ah… busy at zhe moment. I will join you when I am finished.»
Nov 25 23:24:42 <Maddy> Alice reorganizes her shit. <Well I'm ready.>
Nov 25 23:25:20 <E4D> «Uh, there's not exactly a flexible timetable, ya know?»
Nov 25 23:25:21 <Dawny> "Ready" Jillian finishes fixing her tools.
Nov 25 23:26:01 <E4D> Jason shakes his head and heads over to the 30mm, climbing into the operator seat and zooming the guncam to its limit, checking over the deck again through the thermals.
Nov 25 23:26:11 <Nioki> Nothing.
Nov 25 23:26:47 <E4D> «Guncam's feed is clean. Jillian, prep a Zodiac?»
Nov 25 23:26:55 * Ampersand (~moc.sregor.elbac.ten.epc.4DCF5DB1-CRInys|resu#moc.sregor.elbac.ten.epc.4DCF5DB1-CRInys|resu) has joined #afteraction
Nov 25 23:27:05 <Dawny> «Rog» Jillian heads over and preps!
Nov 25 23:28:15 <E4D> «Last call. If you're goin' aboard - and we could use the manpower - head to the starboard Zodiac rig.»
Nov 25 23:28:31 <Ampersand> Rosa heads over there.
Nov 25 23:28:32 <Maddy> Alice heads over to the leetle boat.
Nov 25 23:28:42 <MisterFlames> "Did you want me to stay or go, Captain?" Henry asks.
Nov 25 23:28:45 * CondorTalon has quit (Ping timeout)
Nov 25 23:28:58 * Ampersand is now known as CondorTalon
Nov 25 23:29:20 <E4D> "You can fire a weapon?"
Nov 25 23:29:28 <MisterFlames> "Of course."
Nov 25 23:30:09 <E4D> "Could use a competent mind on board."
Nov 25 23:30:33 <E4D> Jason starts for the Zodiac.
Nov 25 23:31:16 <MisterFlames> "Aye aye." Henry had kitted himself with armor and picks up his Garand.
Nov 25 23:31:34 <MisterFlames> He joins the rest of the away team in the Zodiac.
Nov 25 23:31:41 <Maddy> <All ready here.>
Nov 25 23:32:23 <MisterFlames> "I've got Pete on the bridge, keeping watch. He's a quick hand at learning from a guy grown in foam a couple of weeks ago."
Nov 25 23:32:34 <CondorTalon> "I'm all ready…"
Nov 25 23:32:50 <Dawny> "She's ready Jason"
Nov 25 23:32:53 <Maddy> "Hehe."
Nov 25 23:33:23 <E4D> <Take us out.>
Nov 25 23:33:57 <Dawny> Jillian nods and does so.
Nov 25 23:35:43 <Nioki> They head for the derelict tanker, which happens to be in #afteractionmission.
Nov 25 23:36:09 <E4D> Jason pops a small drybox and passes out inflatable vests. <Put it around your neck, tie it under your arms, and over the chest. Gonna be a ways up the side. Something retarded happens, we ain't takin' the ladder or stairs down.>
Nov 25 23:36:33 <Dawny> "Rog" Jillian follows orders.
Nov 25 23:36:36 <MisterFlames> "Aye." Henry says.
Nov 25 23:37:22 <Maddy> <C-course..>
Nov 25 23:37:29 <CondorTalon> Rosa quietly takes the life jacket and puts it on.
Nov 25 23:38:32 <Maddy> Alice does that.
Nov 25 23:38:49 <E4D> Jason turns and faces the container ship, rifle up.
Nov 25 23:39:46 <Nioki> As they near the tanker, they can see a ladder up.
Nov 25 23:40:08 <Nioki> There's no sign of movement anywhere on the ship. At least, not from out here.
Nov 25 23:40:23 <MisterFlames> "Seems like your show, Captain."
Nov 25 23:41:11 <Dawny> "Um, Jason, quick word…"
Nov 25 23:41:30 <E4D> <Fire away. Alice? Get us tied on and secured. Two-point.>
Nov 25 23:42:03 <Maddy> <R-right.> She goes about doing that.
Nov 25 23:42:29 <MisterFlames> Henry helps with the knots, being a sailor.
Nov 25 23:42:36 <Maddy> <…wait, should we m-maybe see if there's like…someone on board to talk to? M-might not like us j=just popping over the side.>
Nov 25 23:42:58 <E4D> <Jesus, no shit. Get 'em, Alice.>
Nov 25 23:43:16 <MisterFlames> "IF they were keeping a watch, they should be meeting us, I think."
Nov 25 23:43:24 <Maddy> «Unknown f-freighter. This is the crew of the Hawkesbury r-running alongside. Any active personnel, please respond.»
Nov 25 23:43:37 <Dawny> "I may need assistance if we have to jump overboard. I..can't swim and the vest isn't enough for my weight."
Nov 25 23:43:44 <Maddy> <Could be inside, i=injured but still have a r-radio…worht a shot yea?>
Nov 25 23:44:35 <Nioki> There's no response. The tanker's lights are out.
Nov 25 23:45:05 <Maddy> <Welp.>
Nov 25 23:45:18 <MisterFlames> "I'll help you, miss." Henry says.
Nov 25 23:45:57 <Dawny> Jillian swallows and looks at Alice.
Nov 25 23:46:30 <Nioki> It's nighttime. Flashlights start to feel like a very good idea.
Nov 25 23:46:55 <Maddy> Alice hits the lights on her suit, yay halogens.
Nov 25 23:47:05 <E4D> Jason begins hauling himself up the side, opting instead for the suit's visor and the night vision augmentation.
Nov 25 23:47:12 <E4D> <Nagative, hun. Lights out for now.>
Nov 25 23:47:33 <MisterFlames> Henry has one himself, but nods. "Aye." He waits, shouldering his Garand.
Nov 25 23:47:34 <Maddy> <Oh. k.>
Nov 25 23:47:36 <E4D> <Throw 'em if you need 'em. Preserve night vision.>
Nov 25 23:47:53 <Maddy> Alice follow.
Nov 25 23:47:55 <Maddy> s
Nov 25 23:48:18 <CondorTalon> Rosa makes her way up the side.
Nov 25 23:48:27 <Dawny> Jillian follows.
Nov 25 23:48:54 * Praetor (moc.rr.ser.submuloc.20734F86-CRInys|tibbiM#moc.rr.ser.submuloc.20734F86-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
Nov 25 23:49:30 <MisterFlames> Henry brings up the rear.
Nov 25 23:49:44 <E4D> 4df+5 Jason draws his sidearm, cresting the deck pistol-first and vaulting himself over the side, swinging it wide left to right, checking for movement or potential targets.
Nov 25 23:49:45 <Glacon> E4D: Jason draws his sidearm, cresting the deck pistol-first and vaulting himself over the side, swinging it wide left to right, checking for movement or potential targets.: 5 (4df+5=-, +, +, -)
Nov 25 23:51:04 <Nioki> The deck is bare. He can see a door to the crew quarters nearby.
Nov 25 23:51:30 <Nioki> It's hanging open, but completely dark inside.
Nov 25 23:51:39 <Maddy> <Lovely.>
Nov 25 23:52:41 <Nioki> The giant tanks cast a dim, moon-fed shadow onto the convoy as they climb onto the deck.
Nov 25 23:53:26 <E4D> Jason points at his handgun, then at the door. He holsters it and draws the assault weapon.
Nov 25 23:54:11 <Maddy> Alice readies her weapon.
Nov 25 23:54:24 <MisterFlames> Henry unlimbers the Garand.
Nov 25 23:54:36 <E4D> He reaches into his buttpack and pulls out a marking flare, strikes it, and tosses it along the deckplate into the room.
Nov 25 23:54:37 <MisterFlames> He aims it at the open door.
Nov 25 23:54:40 <Dawny> Jillian readies her rifle.
Nov 25 23:54:42 <CondorTalon> Rosa hangs in the back.
Nov 25 23:55:39 <Nioki> It's an empty stairway leading down, a hallway apparent at the bottom.
Nov 25 23:56:26 <E4D> Jason shakes his head.
Nov 25 23:57:06 <Nioki> A smell wafts out of it, death and rotting meat.
Nov 25 23:57:19 <E4D> Jason's oblivious to this.
Nov 25 23:57:34 <CondorTalon> "…disgusting…"
Nov 25 23:57:44 <E4D> <What?>
Nov 25 23:58:04 <CondorTalon> "That smell."
Nov 25 23:58:15 <MisterFlames> "The smell, rotting flesh."
Nov 25 23:58:36 <Maddy> <Thank g-god for airscrubbers.>
Nov 25 23:58:46 <Nioki> It's obvious that something down there has been dead for a few days now.
Nov 25 23:58:59 <Dawny> Jillian closes her eyes for a second. "That's not something I want to explore."
Nov 26 00:00:18 <E4D> <I say we head to the bridge, see if we can find a bill of lading.>
Nov 26 00:00:45 <E4D> <Ain't nothin' we want, who thinks sayin' scrub it?>
Nov 26 00:00:56 <Maddy> <I'm r-right behind you, bbe.>
Nov 26 00:01:15 <Dawny> Jillian shrugs and looks around.
Nov 26 00:02:33 <MisterFlames> "You're the captain." Henry looks around, orienting himself to see where the bridge should be.
Nov 26 00:02:58 <Nioki> It's a rather large ship. The bridge is visible on the far side, poking up above the tanks.
Nov 26 00:03:33 <E4D> <Close to the side. Jillian, you want lead?>
Nov 26 00:04:01 <Dawny> "Rog" Jillian shoulders her rifle and takes point.
Nov 26 00:04:17 <Maddy> <Where you w-want me?>
Nov 26 00:04:54 <E4D> <Right behind her.>
Nov 26 00:05:24 <CondorTalon> "What about me?"
Nov 26 00:05:26 <E4D> Jason keeps a loose position in the middle, bobbing front to back as they step off.
Nov 26 00:06:18 <MisterFlames> "I'll take six, Captain."
Nov 26 00:06:47 <Maddy> Alice falls in, going.
Nov 26 00:06:47 <Nioki> The deck is bare, but there's a large red stain next to one of the tanks. Definitely blood.
Nov 26 00:07:08 <Maddy> <G-got some blood here.>
Nov 26 00:07:08 <Dawny> "We got blood" Jillian nods toward it.
Nov 26 00:07:35 <E4D> <Just be careful, Rosa.>
Nov 26 00:07:41 <MisterFlames> "Not a surprise."
Nov 26 00:07:45 <CondorTalon> "Right." She follows behind.
Nov 26 00:08:06 <MisterFlames> Henry turns around occasionally to look behind them.
Nov 26 00:08:46 <E4D> 4df+5 Jason checks warily for targets. Eyes, muzzle, target.
Nov 26 00:08:46 <Glacon> E4D: Jason checks warily for targets. Eyes, muzzle, target.: 6 (4df+5=+, +, 0, -)
Nov 26 00:10:20 <E4D> «All right… dyin' of natural causes doesn't cause pools of blood. I say *fuck* *this* *ship*.»
Nov 26 00:10:46 <Nioki> The deck stubbornly remains bare. Jason can see that the door to the bridge was barricaded, but the barricade has been disassembled.
Nov 26 00:11:24 <MisterFlames> "Interesting look."
Nov 26 00:11:34 * Tom90deg (~moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.A90C65A3-CRInys|ged09moT#moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.A90C65A3-CRInys|ged09moT) has joined #afteractionmission
Nov 26 00:11:49 <Maddy> <R-right…should w-we atleast poke into the b-bridge, just in case?>
Nov 26 00:11:50 <E4D> <Shit. someone tried sealin' off the door to the bridge. Looks like it didn't hold.> He points.
Nov 26 00:12:11 <Nioki> It was taken apart from inside, and in a hurry.
Nov 26 00:12:44 <E4D> <In an out. Whoever was in was gettin' out in a hurry. Look. Broken out from the inside.>
Nov 26 00:12:59 <Dawny> "Rog"
Nov 26 00:13:15 <Dawny> Jillian walks up to the door, rifle still up.
Nov 26 00:13:51 <Nioki> There's that smell again.
Nov 26 00:14:03 <Maddy> Alice keeps her covered.
Nov 26 00:14:07 <Dawny> "More death" Jillian coughs softly.
Nov 26 00:14:24 <MisterFlames> "Want me to look inside, Captain?"
Nov 26 00:14:43 <Dawny> Jillian starts up the steps.
Nov 26 00:15:00 <CondorTalon> Rosa follows behind some more.
Nov 26 00:15:07 <E4D> Jason nods. <In and out, Harry.>
Nov 26 00:15:14 <CondorTalon> "What do you even think did this…?"
Nov 26 00:15:26 <Maddy> <Nothin' nice.>
Nov 26 00:16:00 <Dawny> Jillian continues into the bridge, taking short breaths.
Nov 26 00:16:11 <Nioki> There are several scratches in the wall, some going several inches in. More bloodstains, too.
Nov 26 00:16:28 <Dawny> «Scratches, lots of blood»
Nov 26 00:16:36 <E4D> <60 seconds. You don't find the bill of lading, we're the fuck outta here.>
Nov 26 00:16:56 <MisterFlames> Henry walks in, and looks around. He shoulders his rifle to look at the controls. He also looks for the ship's log.
Nov 26 00:17:20 <Nioki> The source of the smell becomes obvious when she enters the bridge. There are several pieces of human on the floor. Diced, torn apart, spread across the floor. There's an open book on a counter.
Nov 26 00:17:37 <Dawny> Jillian grabs the book and GTFO
Nov 26 00:17:56 <E4D> Jason turns to head down the stairs.
Nov 26 00:18:03 <E4D> <We can evaluate from the Hawke.>
Nov 26 00:18:34 <Nioki> The cover of the book says 'Janst Diesel Company,' with a tanker logo.
Nov 26 00:18:38 <MisterFlames> "Fair enough."
Nov 26 00:19:08 <Nioki> As they start back towards their boat, there's a distinct cracking noise, and several splashes.
Nov 26 00:19:22 <E4D> <Diesel. All right. We want fuel, we can hook up alongside. *Fuck* *this* *ship.>
Nov 26 00:19:28 <CondorTalon> "What the fuck was that?"
Nov 26 00:19:34 <Nioki> Roll perception!
Nov 26 00:19:51 <Maddy> 4df+3 No es bueno
Nov 26 00:19:52 <Glacon> Maddy: No es bueno: 2 (4df+3=-, +, 0, -)
Nov 26 00:19:52 <Dawny> 4df Jillian's blind I bet
Nov 26 00:19:52 <Glacon> Dawny: Jillian's blind I bet: 1 (4df=+, 0, +, -)
Nov 26 00:19:57 <MisterFlames> 4df+4 Henry looks around, raising his rifle.
Nov 26 00:19:57 <Glacon> MisterFlames: Henry looks around, raising his rifle.: 3 (4df+4=-, 0, -, +)
Nov 26 00:20:18 <E4D> 4df+5 Jason's ready to go. Aim with the hand, shoot with the mind.
Nov 26 00:20:18 <Glacon> E4D: Jason's ready to go. Aim with the hand, shoot with the mind.: 5 (4df+5=-, +, -, +)
Nov 26 00:20:36 <Nioki> Jason and Henry can tell that the sound definitely came from where their boat was.
Nov 26 00:20:42 <CondorTalon> 4df+1 Look!
Nov 26 00:20:43 <Glacon> CondorTalon: Look!: 4 (4df+1=+, 0, +, +)
Nov 26 00:20:51 <Nioki> So can Rosa.
Nov 26 00:21:20 <CondorTalon> "Oh… oh crap."
Nov 26 00:21:24 <Maddy> <Oh this is no good.>
Nov 26 00:21:44 <MisterFlames> "No, it's not. Let's go." Henry says.
Nov 26 00:21:58 <CondorTalon> "The boat… it came our boat."
Nov 26 00:22:07 <Dawny> "What was that?" Jillian takes point again and heads to where the boat was tied.
Nov 26 00:22:33 <Nioki> There's the boat, drifting slowly away.
Nov 26 00:22:38 <Nioki> 4df+5 Stealth.
Nov 26 00:22:39 <Glacon> Nioki: Stealth.: 6 (4df+5=-, +, +, 0)
Nov 26 00:22:48 <Maddy> <FUCK!>
Nov 26 00:22:55 <Nioki> Perrrception time, folks.
Nov 26 00:23:02 <Maddy> 4df+3 again!
Nov 26 00:23:03 <Glacon> Maddy: again!: 5 (4df+3=+, 0, 0, +)
Nov 26 00:23:07 <CondorTalon> 4df+1 derp
Nov 26 00:23:08 <Glacon> CondorTalon: derp: 1 (4df+1=+, -, 0, 0)
Nov 26 00:23:12 <Dawny> 4df this is a useless roll
Nov 26 00:23:13 <Glacon> Dawny: this is a useless roll: -1 (4df=0, +, -, -)
Nov 26 00:23:27 <MisterFlames> 4df+4 Henry looks around
Nov 26 00:23:27 <Glacon> MisterFlames: Henry looks around: 4 (4df+4=0, 0, +, -)
Nov 26 00:23:30 <Nioki> Jillian sees a foot! It's her own! It has shoe on!
Nov 26 00:23:39 <E4D> 4df+5 Motherfucker.
Nov 26 00:23:39 <Nioki> A shoe, even!
Nov 26 00:23:39 <Glacon> E4D: Motherfucker.: 7 (4df+5=+, 0, +, 0)
Nov 26 00:23:49 <E4D> Coolface.jpg
Nov 26 00:23:58 <Dr_Kens> ┐('~‘;)┌ I don’t even
Nov 26 00:24:19 <Nioki> Jason hears a scratching noise moving along the side of the boat.
Nov 26 00:24:46 <E4D> «… Contact.»
Nov 26 00:25:00 <Maddy> Alice looks around for said contact.
Nov 26 00:25:05 <Nioki> It's moving, very, very quickly away from the ladder.
Nov 26 00:25:14 * Artemis is now known as Laito
Nov 26 00:25:14 <E4D> Jason points in the direction. <Side of the boat. Movin' away.>
Nov 26 00:25:25 <Maddy> <R-roger.>
Nov 26 00:25:47 <Dawny> Jillian nods, unsure of what to do.
Nov 26 00:26:15 <Nioki> There's a sudden loud sound, like tearing metal, and several more splashes. The scratches stop.
Nov 26 00:26:22 <Laito> «Watching on the 30.» Alex.
Nov 26 00:26:30 <MisterFlames> "I'd say it was probably hostile."
Nov 26 00:26:40 <E4D> «Zoe, *no*, to *this* ship. We got somethin' movin' here and it ain't us.»
Nov 26 00:27:02 <Tom90deg> «Shit, sorry, heading towards the other ship.»
Nov 26 00:27:07 <E4D> Jason kneels. <What do we got in that book?>
Nov 26 00:27:29 <Maddy> Alice keeps her ear to the ground and eyes peeled.
Nov 26 00:27:29 <Dawny> Jillian opens it and glances through the pages.
Nov 26 00:27:31 <Tom90deg> Zoe begins motoring towards the other ship, that Jason et.all are on board.
Nov 26 00:27:32 <Nioki> Then, they all hear it. Directly under their feet.
Nov 26 00:27:41 <Maddy> <Oh god…>
Nov 26 00:28:14 <E4D> <MOVE!>
Nov 26 00:28:17 <Nioki> Scratching, tearing metal… and something just poked clean through the metal.
Nov 26 00:28:25 <E4D> Jason takes a run toward the ladder.
Nov 26 00:28:34 <Nioki> It was there for just an instant. It looked like a claw.
Nov 26 00:28:41 <CondorTalon> "Crap crap crap…" She quickly moves away.
Nov 26 00:28:44 <MisterFlames> Henry moves. "Wish I had the bayonet."
Nov 26 00:28:46 <Maddy> Alice is runnin'/
Nov 26 00:28:51 <E4D> Jason tosses him one.
Nov 26 00:28:55 <Nioki> The ladder has been chopped into bits.
Nov 26 00:28:59 <E4D> He's been workin' with them for days.
Nov 26 00:29:08 <Nioki> That explains the splashes, anyway.
Nov 26 00:29:26 <Tom90deg> «Coming along side, I'll keep the engines running, ready and waiting.»
Nov 26 00:29:52 <E4D> <You know what? *Fuck* a ladder.>
Nov 26 00:29:58 <Maddy> <Knowing our l-luck, we've some how stumbled onto a b-boat filled with 939.>
Nov 26 00:30:13 <Nioki> 4df+5 Melee. Alice.
Nov 26 00:30:13 <Glacon> Nioki: Melee. Alice.: 7 (4df+5=+, 0, +, 0)
Nov 26 00:30:27 <MisterFlames> Henry attaches the bayonet to the rifle.
Nov 26 00:30:32 <Maddy> 4df+4 Oh dear.
Nov 26 00:30:33 <Glacon> Maddy: Oh dear.: 4 (4df+4=-, 0, 0, +)
Nov 26 00:30:41 <Maddy> Oh dear indeed
Nov 26 00:30:53 <Nioki> A claw shoots out of the deck, cutting straight through the metal and stabbing Alice through the foot.
Nov 26 00:31:06 <Nioki> Fate point. Kiss of the Void power activated.
Nov 26 00:31:38 <Nioki> Alice feels a jolt like vertigo, and the claw withdraws.
Nov 26 00:31:52 <Maddy> <Gah w-what the…uuuugh>
Nov 26 00:31:55 <Nioki> Her foot bleeds.
Nov 26 00:32:14 <Maddy> <Oh f-fuck, oh fucking shit how d-did it…oh god…>
Nov 26 00:32:17 <Nioki> There's more tearing noises from the side of the boat.
Nov 26 00:32:24 <MisterFlames> "I hope she's not the only medic, Captain."
Nov 26 00:32:24 <Maddy> <We h-have to get out of here.>
Nov 26 00:32:27 <E4D> Pause.
Nov 26 00:33:47 <E4D> Jason hefts her up with one arm and keeps moving for the ladder.
Nov 26 00:34:06 <Nioki> Two claws appear over the side of the boat, long and curved like talons. Then a third.
Nov 26 00:34:28 <Nioki> Something's pulling itself up.
Nov 26 00:34:50 <CondorTalon> "What the…"
Nov 26 00:34:53 <Nioki> Something at least as big as a person.
Nov 26 00:34:59 <E4D> 4df+11 Jason aims the assault weapon with one hand, aiming to kill, waiting for center of mass.
Nov 26 00:34:59 <Glacon> E4D: Jason aims the assault weapon with one hand, aiming to kill, waiting for center of mass.: 10 (4df+11=-, -, +, 0)
Nov 26 00:35:09 <Nioki> 4df+4 Splat.
Nov 26 00:35:09 <Glacon> Nioki: Splat.: 3 (4df+4=0, 0, -, 0)
Nov 26 00:35:17 <Maddy> Aliec is being hefted. Not a lot to do.
Nov 26 00:35:25 <E4D> Roll 1d2 Nioki.
Nov 26 00:35:30 <Nioki> 1d2
Nov 26 00:35:30 <Glacon> Nioki: 1 (1d2=1)
Nov 26 00:36:43 <Nioki> Just as the scarred, six-limbed torso pulls itself onto the boat, Jason hits it with a burst of assault fire.
Nov 26 00:37:12 <Nioki> Its limbs flail, moving independently, catching onto the deck.
Nov 26 00:38:31 <MisterFlames> 4df+3 Henry fires at the figure with his Garand.
Nov 26 00:38:31 <Glacon> MisterFlames: Henry fires at the figure with his Garand.: 4 (4df+3=+, 0, -, +)
Nov 26 00:38:35 <CondorTalon> "Ch… christ, what the fuck is that?"
Nov 26 00:38:51 <E4D> <I don't fuckin' know, kill it!>
Nov 26 00:39:02 <MisterFlames> "Working on it, sir."
Nov 26 00:39:28 <Nioki> 4df+4 Defense!
Nov 26 00:39:28 <Glacon> Nioki: Defense!: 4 (4df+4=-, +, -, +)
Nov 26 00:39:46 <Dawny> 4df+4 Jillian stomps!
Nov 26 00:39:47 <Glacon> Dawny: Jillian stomps!: 4 (4df+4=+, 0, 0, -)
Nov 26 00:40:03 <Nioki> Henry's bullets hit the flailing monster, but don't seem to do very much beside knock loose a bit of flesh.
Nov 26 00:40:12 <Nioki> Only muscle is apparent underneath.
Nov 26 00:40:23 <Nioki> 4df+4 Defense 2
Nov 26 00:40:24 <Glacon> Nioki: Defense 2: 5 (4df+4=-, +, 0, +)
Nov 26 00:41:00 <Nioki> Its limb flicks out of the way of Jillian's stomp.
Nov 26 00:41:33 <MisterFlames> "Not going to be an easy one, Captain.
Nov 26 00:41:49 <E4D> Jason pulls Alice's pistol from her holster and pushes it into her hands.
Nov 26 00:41:51 <Nioki> It rights itself, resting on all six of its limbs.
Nov 26 00:42:06 <Nioki> If anyone hasn't attacked who wants to, do so now.
Nov 26 00:42:10 <Maddy> 4df+4 fuck your shit.
Nov 26 00:42:10 <Glacon> Maddy: fuck your shit.: 5 (4df+4=+, +, 0, -)
Nov 26 00:42:14 <E4D> «WE NEED PICKUP *NOW*.»
Nov 26 00:42:20 <Nioki> 4df+4 My shit!
Nov 26 00:42:21 <Glacon> Nioki: My shit!: 3 (4df+4=-, 0, -, +)
Nov 26 00:42:32 <Tom90deg> «I'm here! Right along side! What the hell is going on?»
Nov 26 00:42:35 <CondorTalon> 4df+2 Hurr durr claws
Nov 26 00:42:35 <Glacon> CondorTalon: Hurr durr claws: 3 (4df+2=-, 0, +, +)
Nov 26 00:42:57 <Nioki> Alice's bullet hits it square in the center of the… body. And, with just that, it crumples.
Nov 26 00:43:06 <Nioki> …But who shot it?
Nov 26 00:43:17 <Nioki> Who was she again? There's nobody there.
Nov 26 00:43:24 <Nioki> …Was it a she?
Nov 26 00:43:45 <Nioki> Jason can remember that whoever it was was very, very, very important.
Nov 26 00:43:58 <MisterFlames> "Captain?"
Nov 26 00:44:02 <Nioki> But he just can't seem to remember why. Or what she looked like.
Nov 26 00:44:23 <E4D> Jason looks around, weapon up, checking for another target.
Nov 26 00:44:36 <Dawny> Jillian shakes her head and looks around.
Nov 26 00:44:40 <Nioki> The thing's body is rotting far too quickly.
Nov 26 00:45:25 <CondorTalon> Rosa looks around for… something…? What was she looking for?
Nov 26 00:45:45 * Laito (~moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.6BFA53D6-CRInys|sirhc#moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.6BFA53D6-CRInys|sirhc) has left #afteractionmission
Nov 26 00:45:47 <E4D> <What the *fuck* was that thing?>
Nov 26 00:45:49 * Laito (~moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.6BFA53D6-CRInys|sirhc#moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.6BFA53D6-CRInys|sirhc) has joined #afteractionmission
Nov 26 00:46:08 <MisterFlames> "No idea, Captain. Never saw anything like that."
Nov 26 00:46:12 <E4D> <Get that goddamn book.>
Nov 26 00:46:27 <Dawny> Jillian nods and opens the book again, flipping through it.
Nov 26 00:46:30 <Nioki> It's almost a skeleton. Uneven ribs, extra joints, extra arms.
Nov 26 00:46:32 <MisterFlames> "Jillian's got it."
Nov 26 00:46:51 <E4D> Jason takes a knee, looking for more targets. <Our boat'll be here soon.>
Nov 26 00:47:02 <E4D> He looks around, counting heads.
Nov 26 00:47:26 <E4D> <Jill, Henry, Rosa… we missin' someone?>
Nov 26 00:47:54 <Dawny> Jillian looks up and around. She tilts her head slightly and shrugs, going back to the book.
Nov 26 00:47:56 <Nioki> /Day 27. We have enough food to last us for two more weeks. Probably. I don't know where we can get supplies. The last port we saw was overgrown with fungus. It didn't seem worth the risk./
Nov 26 00:48:19 <E4D> <Henry, buttpack. 550 cord. Rig us a line down?>
Nov 26 00:48:23 <Nioki> /The world's gone crazy. At least we have plenty of fuel./
Nov 26 00:49:09 <Nioki> The book is filled with such entries. Whoever was writing in it was doing so after the event.
Nov 26 00:49:11 <CondorTalon> She tries to remember something in her head… What was she going to do?
Nov 26 00:49:14 <Nioki> Perception!
Nov 26 00:49:20 <MisterFlames> Henry nods and starts rigging.
Nov 26 00:49:28 <MisterFlames> 4df+4 Perceive.
Nov 26 00:49:28 <Glacon> MisterFlames: Perceive.: 1 (4df+4=-, -, -, 0)
Nov 26 00:49:30 <CondorTalon> 4df+1 Oh lawd
Nov 26 00:49:30 <Dawny> "Nothing, nothing" Jillian continues to flip.
Nov 26 00:49:30 <Glacon> CondorTalon: Oh lawd: 4 (4df+1=0, +, +, +)
Nov 26 00:49:34 <Dawny> 4df
Nov 26 00:49:34 <Glacon> Dawny: 0 (4df=0, +, -, 0)
Nov 26 00:49:39 <E4D> 4df+5 Wired tight.
Nov 26 00:49:39 <Glacon> E4D: Wired tight.: 7 (4df+5=+, -, +, +)
Nov 26 00:50:32 <Nioki> That sounded like hurried footsteps.
Nov 26 00:50:48 * Light (ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.5300FD19-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.5300FD19-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
Nov 26 00:51:36 <E4D> «WHOEVER'S HERE! ARMED PERSONNEL! TOP DECK! WE CAN GET YOU OUT OF HERE!» Speakers and radio.
Nov 26 00:52:57 <Praetor> «…I'm coming up from the crew quarters with weapon drawn. If you're the real deal do not fire.»
Nov 26 00:53:14 <MisterFlames> Henry finishes rigging a rope for rappelling.
Nov 26 00:53:28 <Nioki> Jason is probably feeling distinctly worried. He knows that someone who mattered a great deal is gone. But who was it?
Nov 26 00:53:33 <E4D> «Come out. We killed the damn spider.»
Nov 26 00:53:58 <Dawny> Jillian sighs and goes to the end of the writing.
Nov 26 00:55:00 <Praetor> «…Killed? Shit. Guess you're not from the Guild, then.» *clunk* *clunk* *clunk* A man in a suit and black tie ascends the staircase from the quarters with a smg in one hand and a suitcase in the other.
Nov 26 00:55:31 <E4D> Jason doesn't have time to deal with suspicions, and shit's happening *now*.
Nov 26 00:56:19 <Nioki> /Day 88. We found an abandoned boat today. Whoever was in it had been killed, and torn to pieces. We set it loose pretty damn quick. It doesn't pay to take risks. I was-/
Nov 26 00:56:39 <Nioki> And there it cuts off. Somehow, the book has remained bloodstain free.
Nov 26 00:57:04 <Praetor> The unshaven man doesn't drop the gun. "I don't know where your alliengences are, but you didn't kill it."
Nov 26 00:57:13 <Dawny> "Huh…there's nothing in here…but it's clean."
Nov 26 00:57:28 <Dawny> "Well, I mean, there's writing, but nothing of use"
Nov 26 00:57:34 <Nioki> The skeleton crumbles to dust, and blows away in a sudden cold breeze.
Nov 26 00:58:01 <CondorTalon> Rosa stays back, trying to remain unnoticed.
Nov 26 00:58:08 <E4D> <What do you mean we didn't kill it. The thing just turned to powdered sugar and blew away.>
Nov 26 00:58:25 <Dawny> "Jason, that would be nasty powdered sugar"
Nov 26 00:58:26 <Nioki> *SCREEECHTKTKTKTK*
Nov 26 00:58:32 <Nioki> Tearing metal.
Nov 26 00:58:38 <MisterFlames> "Did we just walk into a horror flick?"
Nov 26 00:58:38 <Nioki> Not a good sound.
Nov 26 00:58:51 <Praetor> He exhales, the cold air becoming dragon's smoke. He lets the metal sound die down. "Master Chief, you ever watch /The Thing/?"
Nov 26 00:59:22 <Nioki> It came from inside the crew quarters.
Nov 26 00:59:23 <MisterFlames> "Who Goes There, John W Campbell."
Nov 26 00:59:27 <E4D> <This ain't the time…>
Nov 26 01:00:21 <Dawny> "I'd really like to go now Jason"
Nov 26 01:00:27 <Tom90deg> «Oi! You're screaming for pickup and there's gunfire, then nothing! What the hell is going on?»
Nov 26 01:01:06 <E4D> «I announced over the radio we're taken contact and we had somethin' here. We got a survivor.»
Nov 26 01:01:07 <Praetor> The man sets down the suitcase, whirls with the weapon, and clicks the safety off. "Shit."
Nov 26 01:01:45 <Praetor> 4df+2 Occult to Ranged, the man tries to place the sights exactly where the thing's head would be
Nov 26 01:01:46 <Glacon> Praetor: Occult to Ranged, the man tries to place the sights exactly where the thing's head would be: 2 (4df+2=-, -, +, +)
Nov 26 01:01:54 <Nioki> There's a furious skittering noise, then silence. Just inside the hallway.
Nov 26 01:01:57 <Tom90deg> «Right, right…I'll just wait here then shall I?»
Nov 26 01:02:05 <Nioki> It has no head. Just limbs and body.
Nov 26 01:02:06 <Praetor> nope.
Nov 26 01:02:24 <E4D> <So what are you gettin' at?>
Nov 26 01:04:07 <MisterFlames> 4df+4 Survival to Ranged Maneuver. Fighting for our lives.
Nov 26 01:04:08 <Glacon> MisterFlames: Survival to Ranged Maneuver. Fighting for our lives.: 5 (4df+4=+, 0, -, +)
Nov 26 01:04:12 <Praetor> "It touches you, it takes you. That simple. You're missing someone. I don't know who, but you don't remember. That's how it works."
Nov 26 01:04:32 <Praetor> "Possession by memory wipe. The person never existed."
Nov 26 01:04:40 <MisterFlames> "That's weird, and a bit frightening."
Nov 26 01:05:05 <E4D> <… Can we get them back?>
Nov 26 01:05:06 <Dawny> "Who are we missing and how do we get…her? back?"
Nov 26 01:05:18 <Dawny> "Him back?"
Nov 26 01:05:25 <Dawny> "Who the fuck knows"
Nov 26 01:05:50 <CondorTalon> "Who… how does…"
Nov 26 01:05:56 <Nioki> 4df+5 Stealth.
Nov 26 01:05:57 <Glacon> Nioki: Stealth.: 5 (4df+5=-, +, 0, 0)
Nov 26 01:06:00 <Praetor> "Yeah…" A stray glance back reveals dark bags under his eyes. "Harm it enough and I should be able to excorcise it."
Nov 26 01:06:16 <Praetor> "As for your friend…" He lets the sentence trail off.
Nov 26 01:06:39 <MisterFlames> "I think it's pretty important we get them back."
Nov 26 01:06:40 <E4D> <I asked can we get them back.>
Nov 26 01:07:01 <E4D> Jason steps off down the stairs.
Nov 26 01:07:02 <Nioki> There's more scratching noises. They echo across the ship.
Nov 26 01:07:30 <Nioki> Perception.
Nov 26 01:07:54 <Praetor> 4df+3 "…It's undocumented. Maybe." He shrugs noncommittally.
Nov 26 01:07:54 <Glacon> Praetor: "…It's undocumented. Maybe." He shrugs noncommittally.: 2 (4df+3=-, 0, -, +)
Nov 26 01:08:12 <Dawny> 4df lol nope
Nov 26 01:08:12 <Glacon> Dawny: lol nope: -1 (4df=-, +, 0, -)
Nov 26 01:08:24 <E4D> 4df+5 Jason feezes, listening, dialing up the suit gain.
Nov 26 01:08:25 <Glacon> E4D: Jason feezes, listening, dialing up the suit gain.: 4 (4df+5=-, -, 0, +)
Nov 26 01:08:26 <MisterFlames> 4df+0 (Forgot Henry has Survival, not Perception. Survival four if I can substitute)
Nov 26 01:08:27 <Glacon> MisterFlames: (Forgot Henry has Survival, not Perception. Survival four if I can substitute): -2 (4df+0=0, 0, -, -)
Nov 26 01:08:57 <CondorTalon> 4df+1 hurrception
Nov 26 01:08:57 <Glacon> CondorTalon: hurrception: 3 (4df+1=0, +, +, 0)
Nov 26 01:09:16 * Tom90deg has quit (Quit: ~ Trillian Astra - www.trillian.im ~)
Nov 26 01:09:17 <Nioki> It's impossible to say where they come from. They seem to come from everywhere.
Nov 26 01:09:43 <MisterFlames> "Not pleasant."
Nov 26 01:09:54 <Nioki> Which is unfortunate, seeing as they really came from quite close by.
Nov 26 01:10:11 <Nioki> 4df+7 Sneak attack vs. Knight
Nov 26 01:10:11 <Glacon> Nioki: Sneak attack vs. Knight: 9 (4df+7=0, +, +, 0)
Nov 26 01:11:35 <Praetor> 4df+3 can't beat that
Nov 26 01:11:35 <Glacon> Praetor: can't beat that: 2 (4df+3=-, +, -, 0)
Nov 26 01:11:58 <Nioki> There's a sudden *spang* of metal from the top of the nearest tank, and the creature falls on top of the newcomer, four of its claws raking down his back.
Nov 26 01:12:10 <Nioki> Fate point spent. Kiss of the Void activated.
Nov 26 01:12:46 <Maddy> Compelling Defcon, if I may.
Nov 26 01:12:59 <Nioki> Knight feels a shudder of Vertigo.
Nov 26 01:13:13 <Dawny> 4df+4 Jillian tries to throw it off Knight.
Nov 26 01:13:14 <Glacon> Dawny: Jillian tries to throw it off Knight.: 2 (4df+4=0, -, -, 0)
Nov 26 01:13:17 <Nioki> Knight is not Alice.
Nov 26 01:13:46 <Nioki> 4df+5 Athletics.
Nov 26 01:13:47 <Glacon> Nioki: Athletics.: 3 (4df+5=-, -, +, -)
Nov 26 01:14:10 <Nioki> It barely maintains its grip, tearing downwards with its claws.
Nov 26 01:14:23 <E4D> 4df+7 Another AP. Jason sends a savage kick at the things body, grabbing arms to brace it and take up any give from the blow.
Nov 26 01:14:24 <Glacon> E4D: Another AP. Jason sends a savage kick at the things body, grabbing arms to brace it and take up any give from the blow.: 8 (4df+7=0, 0, 0, +)
Nov 26 01:14:38 <Nioki> 4df+4 Owie!
Nov 26 01:14:38 <Glacon> Nioki: Owie!: 4 (4df+4=0, +, 0, -)
Nov 26 01:15:17 <Nioki> That certainly worked. The creature flies off, hitting the deck hard.
Nov 26 01:15:30 <Praetor> The man grunts, exhales, scrambles away, and reaches inside his jacket, removing a handgun and pointing it at the thing's crumpled form.
Nov 26 01:15:52 <Nioki> It skitters sideways, almost crablike.
Nov 26 01:15:52 * Bright_ is now known as Bright
Nov 26 01:15:53 <MisterFlames> 4df+6 Henry moves to the side away from that. He then takes aim at the thing and fires.
Nov 26 01:15:53 <Glacon> MisterFlames: Henry moves to the side away from that. He then takes aim at the thing and fires.: 7 (4df+6=+, 0, -, +)
Nov 26 01:16:05 <Nioki> 4df+4 Crunch.
Nov 26 01:16:06 <Glacon> Nioki: Crunch.: 6 (4df+4=0, +, 0, +)
Nov 26 01:16:12 <Praetor> 4df+6 tag to Stone, expending half the magazine, trying to track it as it moves
Nov 26 01:16:13 <Glacon> Praetor: tag to Stone, expending half the magazine, trying to track it as it moves: 4 (4df+6=0, -, 0, -)
Nov 26 01:16:18 <Nioki> It nearly dodges, but not quite.
Nov 26 01:16:32 <Nioki> Henry's bullet pounds it back into the deck, and…
Nov 26 01:16:46 <Nioki> Someone else's hits it soon after.
Nov 26 01:16:56 <Nioki> Who shot that? They were here just a second ago.
Nov 26 01:17:08 <MisterFlames> "Hard to hit the damned thing…. wait, we're missing someone again?"
Nov 26 01:17:52 <Dawny> Jillian looks around and rubs her eyes. "Jason, we need to go"
Nov 26 01:17:53 <Nioki> It's already decomposing, skin sloughing off and decaying into dust.
Nov 26 01:19:22 <E4D> <No. We can get her back.>
Nov 26 01:19:26 <Nioki> They know they don't have long.
Nov 26 01:19:32 <E4D> He rounds the corner.
Nov 26 01:19:36 <MisterFlames> "Suggestions?"
Nov 26 01:21:17 <E4D> <I'm gonna find who we lost. That's my suggestion.>
Nov 26 01:21:33 <Dawny> "Jason. What if something comes back and takes another one of use?"
Nov 26 01:21:46 <Nioki> Speaking of that.
Nov 26 01:22:03 <Nioki> There's that skittering noise again.
Nov 26 01:22:13 <Nioki> It's under the deck.
Nov 26 01:22:21 <Dawny> "See!"
Nov 26 01:22:36 <E4D> 4df+5 Jason's weapon is at the alert, waiting for the shot…
Nov 26 01:22:36 <Glacon> E4D: Jason's weapon is at the alert, waiting for the shot…: 6 (4df+5=-, +, +, 0)
Nov 26 01:22:51 <E4D> ^perception maneuver
Nov 26 01:22:59 <Nioki> 4df+5 Stealth. Roll perception.
Nov 26 01:22:59 <Glacon> Nioki: Stealth. Roll perception.: 4 (4df+5=-, +, 0, -)
Nov 26 01:23:17 <E4D> 4df+5 <Bring it, you motherfucker…>
Nov 26 01:23:17 <Glacon> E4D: <Bring it, you motherfucker…>: 4 (4df+5=+, -, -, 0)
Nov 26 01:23:22 <Nioki> Jason's elf eyes are ready.
Nov 26 01:23:32 <Dawny> 4df yeah, right
Nov 26 01:23:32 <Glacon> Dawny: yeah, right: 0 (4df=-, +, -, +)
Nov 26 01:23:52 <MisterFlames> 4df Add four for Survival, if I can
Nov 26 01:23:52 <Glacon> MisterFlames: Add four for Survival, if I can: 2 (4df=0, +, +, 0)
Nov 26 01:24:29 <Nioki> It's near. Definitely near. Henry can tell where. It's directly underneath Jason. Survival instincts, go.
Nov 26 01:24:51 <Nioki> Of course, there's quite a bit of deck between them.
Nov 26 01:25:15 <MisterFlames> "Under you, Captain."
Nov 26 01:25:23 <E4D> Jason looks around for a set of stairs. <Good.>
Nov 26 01:25:28 * CondorTalon has quit (Client exited)
Nov 26 01:25:57 <Nioki> There's the stairs into the crew quarters.
Nov 26 01:26:08 <MisterFlames> "First time I might have ever thought it, but I want a bigger gun."
ENDING LOGGING AT Sat Nov 26 01:26:39 2011

BEGIN LOGGING AT Sat Nov 26 01:26:39 2011

Nov 26 01:27:01 <E4D> Jason charges down the second step of stairs, gun up.
Nov 26 01:27:20 <Dawny> Jillian follows Jason.
Nov 26 01:27:28 <MisterFlames> 4df+4 Survival Maneuver for Ranged.
Nov 26 01:27:29 <Glacon> MisterFlames: Survival Maneuver for Ranged.: 4 (4df+4=+, -, 0, 0)
Nov 26 01:27:41 <MisterFlames> Henry follows, attempting to keep track.
Nov 26 01:27:51 * Dr_Kens has quit (Quit: Sleep time. Zzzzzzz)
Nov 26 01:27:53 <Nioki> He passes by several doors. Some are open, some were closed but have been cut through.
Nov 26 01:28:25 <Nioki> Most of them have bodies in them, ripped and cut to pieces and spread across their floors.
Nov 26 01:29:13 <Nioki> 4df+5 Athletics maneuver->Melee. The creature is tense, waiting for a chance to strike.
Nov 26 01:29:13 <Glacon> Nioki: Athletics maneuver->Melee. The creature is tense, waiting for a chance to strike.: 5 (4df+5=+, 0, 0, -)
Nov 26 01:29:55 <Nioki> 4df+5 Stealth, one more time. Perception, Jason. Leading the charge!
Nov 26 01:29:56 <Glacon> Nioki: Stealth, one more time. Perception, Jason. Leading the charge!: 5 (4df+5=-, +, -, +)
Nov 26 01:30:13 <E4D> 4df+5 Once more, into the breach.
Nov 26 01:30:14 <Glacon> E4D: Once more, into the breach.: 8 (4df+5=+, +, +, 0)
Nov 26 01:30:41 <Nioki> Oh, it's there, all right. Sitting in that room to his left. Waiting for him.
Nov 26 01:30:48 <Nioki> He may attack.
Nov 26 01:31:51 <Nioki> The creature is crouched in a pile of dismembered human.
Nov 26 01:32:32 <E4D> 4df+8 Tagging the maneuver. He charges with a flying tackle, drawing his weapon and pressing barrel to flesh, releasing the safety and going loud. 8 .50 Action Express rounds stitch up his target's body.
Nov 26 01:32:32 <Glacon> E4D: Tagging the maneuver. He charges with a flying tackle, drawing his weapon and pressing barrel to flesh, releasing the safety and going loud. 8 .50 Action Express rounds stitch up his target's body.: 9 (4df+8=+, +, -, 0)
Nov 26 01:32:45 <Nioki> 4df+4 Can't avoid.
Nov 26 01:32:46 <Glacon> Nioki: Can't avoid.: 4 (4df+4=0, +, 0, -)
Nov 26 01:33:08 <Nioki> It hurts, all right. but Jason touched it.
Nov 26 01:33:16 <E4D> <TARGET! IN HERE, IN HERE!>
Nov 26 01:33:18 <Nioki> Fate point. Kiss of the Void.
Nov 26 01:33:51 <Nioki> Jason's flying tackles ends in a sharp feeling of vertigo as his bullet slams home. The creature flails.
Nov 26 01:33:58 <Nioki> 4df+5 Melee, Jason.
Nov 26 01:33:58 <Glacon> Nioki: Melee, Jason.: 2 (4df+5=-, 0, -, -)
Nov 26 01:34:23 <Nioki> Jason has a good grip. The creature just can't reach him.
Nov 26 01:34:30 <E4D> 4df+5 Jason leans back, raising an arm to catch.
Nov 26 01:34:30 <Glacon> E4D: Jason leans back, raising an arm to catch.: 5 (4df+5=-, +, +, -)
Nov 26 01:34:48 <E4D> «I'VE GOT IT PINNED!»
Nov 26 01:34:58 <E4D> «I'VE GOT THE MOTHERFUCKER!»
Nov 26 01:35:09 <MisterFlames> "Take the shot?"
Nov 26 01:35:15 <E4D> <No!>
Nov 26 01:35:27 <MisterFlames> Henry lines up to hit it. "All right. Now what?"
Nov 26 01:35:45 <Dawny> Jillian steps up to Jason and the thing.
Nov 26 01:35:57 <Nioki> The creature is struggling. He won't be able to hold it for long.
Nov 26 01:36:54 <E4D> 4df+4 Athletics. Jason shifts his weight, splaying his legs out and trying to grab the other arm in an attempt to keep it pinned. <I… I don't fucking know.>
Nov 26 01:36:54 <Glacon> E4D: Athletics. Jason shifts his weight, splaying his legs out and trying to grab the other arm in an attempt to keep it pinned. <I… I don't fucking know.>: 4 (4df+4=0, 0, 0, 0)
Nov 26 01:37:06 <Nioki> 4df+5 Athletics.
Nov 26 01:37:06 <Glacon> Nioki: Athletics.: 1 (4df+5=-, -, -, -)
Nov 26 01:37:12 <Dawny> "Do you want it dead?"
Nov 26 01:37:16 <Nioki> That is a damn fine pin, mmhmm.
Nov 26 01:38:45 <E4D> Jason whips his head back, flipping the visor up. "You took someone important to me, and you're gonna give 'em back, or I'm gonna take you to a fuckin' nightmare world that you will *not* escape. GIVE! THEM! BACK!!!" He screams, spit spraying out onto the thing.
Nov 26 01:38:46 <Nioki> The creature is trapped. Jason could make it his pet, if he wanted. They could play fetch the hand that feeds.
Nov 26 01:39:04 <MisterFlames> "Right." Henry gives it the eye. "All right, you crab monster! Wee'll be wantin' our people back, and if you know what's good for you, you'll get to it, or we'll figure out how to keep you alive while convincing you."
Nov 26 01:39:14 <Nioki> Either way, the creature doesn't seem to understand. It doesn't even have ears.
Nov 26 01:39:30 <Dawny> Jillian falls silent.
Nov 26 01:39:33 <Nioki> Compelling Defcon.
Nov 26 01:39:34 <E4D> "*FUCK*!"
Nov 26 01:39:52 <Nioki> Jason wants to kill this thing for what it did to… who was she?
Nov 26 01:40:00 <Nioki> She was important. She was a she, right?
Nov 26 01:40:10 <E4D> Accepted.
Nov 26 01:41:55 <E4D> 4df+7 Jason remembers. He could never forget, really. He reaches to his left shoulder, drawing the massive Goliath, and plunged the foot-long blade into the creature's center of mass, digging a grenade from the pouch and yanking the pin with the pommel. "You guys might want to step out."
Nov 26 01:41:56 <Glacon> E4D: Jason remembers. He could never forget, really. He reaches to his left shoulder, drawing the massive Goliath, and plunged the foot-long blade into the creature's center of mass, digging a grenade from the pouch and yanking the pin with the pommel. "You guys might want to step out.": 6 (4df+7=0, 0, 0, -)
Nov 26 01:41:59 <Nioki> The creature is completely in his power. It can barely move.
Nov 26 01:42:16 <Nioki> It has no way to dodge.
Nov 26 01:42:28 <Nioki> But who killed it?
Nov 26 01:43:11 <Nioki> There's a blade, but noone holding it.
Nov 26 01:44:11 <MisterFlames> "Ladies, we are leaving." Henry says firmly. "Because I don't know what the fuck is going on."
Nov 26 01:44:52 <Dawny> Jillian kneels and picks up the blade, still silent.
Nov 26 01:46:19 <MisterFlames> "Let's go."
Nov 26 01:47:44 <Dawny> Jillian looks between the two, blade in hand. One is a man she doesn't even know the name of, the other is a woman she's unsure of. She's never spoken to either of them.
Nov 26 01:49:42 * Bright_ (~PI.6492985B.9F1CD799.4712E9C|77tahCecI#PI.6492985B.9F1CD799.4712E9C|77tahCecI) has joined #afteractionmission
Nov 26 01:49:58 * Bright has quit (Ping timeout)
Nov 26 01:52:26 <Dawny> Jillian's eyes dart around the room, her breathing picking up.
Nov 26 01:54:24 * Dodridge (ten.knilneddus.hd.avnbsa.4DAFB99-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.knilneddus.hd.avnbsa.4DAFB99-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
Nov 26 01:54:35 * ChanServ sets mode +q #afteractionmission Dodridge
Nov 26 01:54:35 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Dodridge
Nov 26 01:54:39 <MisterFlames> "Miss?"
Nov 26 01:54:41 * E4D has quit (NickServ (GHOST command used by Dodridge))
Nov 26 01:54:58 * Dodridge is now known as E4D
Nov 26 01:55:04 <Nioki> They reappear in the room in which the creature died.
Nov 26 01:55:14 <E4D> Is it still there?
Nov 26 01:55:40 <Nioki> The body is still there, now torn in half. It isn't rotting this time.
Nov 26 01:55:59 <Maddy> Alice falls to her hands and knees, shaking.
Nov 26 01:56:02 <Nioki> There's no real style to their return. They are simply, suddenly, there.
Nov 26 01:56:08 <E4D> <Everyone, get the fuck out of this room right goddamn now.>
Nov 26 01:56:17 <MisterFlames> "Aye, Captain."
Nov 26 01:56:33 <MisterFlames> Henry takes the lead and heads to the ladder.
Nov 26 01:56:41 <Nioki> They also return with all of the dessicated, dismembered, and otherwise -dead- corpses that had littered the void.
Nov 26 01:56:43 <Dawny> Jillian nods and walks out.
Nov 26 01:57:04 <Bouncl> Man, Enoch's way ahead of you. He's getting out already.
Nov 26 01:57:07 <Nioki> The border the room, lying in crumpled heaps.
Nov 26 01:57:14 <E4D> Jason helps her to her feet.
Nov 26 01:57:34 <Nioki> All memories have returned.
Nov 26 01:57:35 <Maddy> She nods, and starts out with his help.
Nov 26 01:57:40 <E4D> <Be strong, just for a bit more. We need to leave.>
Nov 26 01:58:00 <Maddy> "R-r-right…"
Nov 26 01:58:01 <Praetor> Knight sighs, lowers the SMG still in the air, and pulls his shirt up over his nose and mouth, stepping out of the quarters area with his suitcase.
Nov 26 01:58:11 <E4D> Jason helps her up to the deck, making for the paracord that Henry rigged.
Nov 26 01:58:58 <Dawny> Jillian goes to the paracord as well, stashing the blade in a section of her tool kit.
Nov 26 01:59:12 <E4D> <Gimme my knife.>
Nov 26 01:59:20 * Bright_ has quit (Ping timeout)
Nov 26 02:00:13 <Dawny> Jillian hands it over, looking slightly hurt at her assumed interpretation.
Nov 26 02:00:29 <MisterFlames> «Miss Zoe? Meet us by where the ladder was and the rope is, please."
Nov 26 02:00:47 <Bouncl> Enoch trails
Nov 26 02:01:20 <Nioki> [GM Fiat - She does so]
Nov 26 02:01:26 <E4D> He sheathes it. <All right, ladies, civilians and bosuns first.>
Nov 26 02:02:41 <MisterFlames> "Just remember you aren't the Captain here, sir. No going down with this ship."
Nov 26 02:03:17 <E4D> <Oh, you'd be sadly mistaken to think I intended that.>
Nov 26 02:03:35 <Maddy> Alice isn't leaving Jason's side.
Nov 26 02:03:50 <Bouncl> Enoch looks the party over, and then peers back the way they came.
Nov 26 02:03:50 <MisterFlames> "Let me down first, so I can help people into the boat. And of course I wouldn't think that, Captain, but people get such romantic ideas."
Nov 26 02:04:09 <MisterFlames> Henry climbs down the rope.
Nov 26 02:04:11 <Dawny> Jillian's not going until either Alice or Jason go. She's not being stuck alone again.
Nov 26 02:04:17 <E4D> <Hold on, hun. Ready to take the plunge?>
Nov 26 02:04:43 <Nioki> The wounds don't feel quite as bad as they did while the creature was alive. None seem to be a serious as would be expected.
Nov 26 02:05:23 <Maddy> <Y-yeah…w-we still getting fuel form this thing? Or w-we just gonna s-sink it?> Alice checks her foot, is there still a hole in her shoe.
Nov 26 02:06:09 <Nioki> Yes there is. And something of a hole in her foot.
Nov 26 02:06:15 <Nioki> It'll heal.
Nov 26 02:07:08 <Maddy> "Shit…how m I going to f-fix this?" she sighs, going to climb down the paracord.
Nov 26 02:07:40 <E4D> <I don't know… hell, I don't even know *how* that fucking happened.>
Nov 26 02:08:15 <E4D> <Just hold on. We'll get it figured out.>
Nov 26 02:08:20 <MisterFlames> "We'll come up with something, XO."
Nov 26 02:08:46 <Maddy> "I j-just wanna g-go home…"
Nov 26 02:08:51 <E4D> <Not likely. These were built in a nanotech lab.>
Nov 26 02:09:24 <Bouncl> Enoch glances at Jillian.
Nov 26 02:09:24 <E4D> <Alice, then hold on. Paracord ain't gonna hold the both of us. We either stay here or go over the side.>
Nov 26 02:09:42 <Maddy> "Just t-tell me what to do."
Nov 26 02:09:45 <MisterFlames> "Well, maybe Pete knows something then. He was formed from nanotech foam."
Nov 26 02:10:00 <E4D> <Just *hold* *on*.>
Nov 26 02:10:56 <E4D> He grabs her arms and wraps them around his waist, then jumps over the side, activating their flotation as they hit.
Nov 26 02:11:09 <Dawny> Jillian stays up top, twisting her fingers around.
Nov 26 02:11:44 * Bright (~ten.labolgcbs.imzmlk.lsd.858F9E73-CRInys|77tahCecI#ten.labolgcbs.imzmlk.lsd.858F9E73-CRInys|77tahCecI) has joined #afteractionmission
Nov 26 02:12:14 * E4D has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Nov 26 02:12:36 * Notify: Dodridge is online (SCP and Related Channels).
Nov 26 02:12:38 * Dodridge (PI.B08D965B.1E55703B.3EFD6608|tibbiM#PI.B08D965B.1E55703B.3EFD6608|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
Nov 26 02:12:46 * Dodridge is now known as E4D
Nov 26 02:12:46 * Notify: Dodridge is offline (SCP and Related Channels).
Nov 26 02:12:46 * Notify: E4D is online (SCP and Related Channels).
Nov 26 02:13:03 <Maddy> Alice falls with him, eyes closed.
Nov 26 02:14:06 <Bouncl> "You going down, miss?"
Nov 26 02:14:22 <E4D> They bob up to the surface seconds later.
Nov 26 02:15:14 <Praetor> The man lights a cigarette and watches.
Nov 26 02:15:24 <Dawny> Jillian takes a few steps back and shakes her head.
Nov 26 02:15:46 <Nioki> There's nothing else to threaten them besides the nasty odor. Once they leave, the ship really will be derelict.
Nov 26 02:16:15 <Maddy> Alice tkes a breath once she can. "Ok l-let's get out of here."
Nov 26 02:16:31 <E4D> Jason hauls himself into the Zodiac.
Nov 26 02:16:41 <MisterFlames> Henry helps.
Nov 26 02:16:41 <Bouncl> "Better on that boat than this one, miss."
Nov 26 02:16:43 * Bright_ (~ten.labolgcbs.imzmlk.lsd.858F9E73-CRInys|77tahCecI#ten.labolgcbs.imzmlk.lsd.858F9E73-CRInys|77tahCecI) has joined #afteractionmission
Nov 26 02:17:06 * Bright has quit (Ping timeout)
Nov 26 02:17:12 <Dawny> "Y-you're a civilian" Jillian whispers.
Nov 26 02:18:16 <Nioki> Of course, they may risk starvation if they're too polite to leave it.
Nov 26 02:18:33 <Bouncl> He shrugs, and climbs over the side.
Nov 26 02:18:36 <E4D> Jason brings Alice back on one of the Zodiacs.
Nov 26 02:18:59 <E4D> «All personnel on the derelict ship, you have 120 seconds remaining before she is committed to the deep.»
Nov 26 02:19:48 <Bouncl> Enoch lands in one of the zodiacs, presumably the one with Henry on it.
Nov 26 02:20:11 <Dawny> Jillian chews her lip and starts her climb down.
Nov 26 02:21:17 <Praetor> Knight follows last.
Nov 26 02:22:12 <Dawny> Jillian looks around the boat and starts to hyperventilate slightly.
Nov 26 02:23:06 <E4D> <T-minus 30 seconds.>
Nov 26 02:23:14 <MisterFlames> "Everyone in? Then let's go. We can retrieve the other boat once most of you are back."
Nov 26 02:19:49 <Nioki> Alanoch hears the radio, and walks on to the deck to watch.
Nov 26 02:20:28 <E4D> Jason helps Alice out of the Zodiac. <To the front, hun?>
Nov 26 02:22:03 <Maddy> She nods. following.
Nov 26 02:22:08 <Nioki> "What happened over there?"
Nov 26 02:22:29 <E4D> <Something that could take people.>
Nov 26 02:23:00 <Nioki> "…I'll ask when you're less busy, I think."
Nov 26 02:23:18 <E4D> <I'd appreciate, Al.>
Nov 26 02:23:20 <E4D> *it
Nov 26 02:23:39 <Nioki> Alanoch turns back to look at the distant ship.
Nov 26 02:24:30 <Light> Light climbs up the stairs to the deck. "Any injured?"
Nov 26 02:24:58 <E4D> Jason watches as the fastboat zips away. "My wife is."
Nov 26 02:25:38 <Maddy> "I-I'm ok."
Nov 26 02:26:10 <E4D> "Your foot, hun."
Nov 26 02:26:15 <Light> Sophia turns to her. "You sure?"
Nov 26 02:26:43 <E4D> Jason climbs into the 30mm. «All stations, be advised, 30mm autocannon is going loud off the port bow. Stand clear.»
Nov 26 02:26:50 <Maddy> Alice looks at her foot. "Y-yeah…I guess I should get this l-looked at…I was just t-thinking of the other t-two."
Nov 26 02:27:00 <Maddy> There is a hole in her left foot
Nov 26 02:27:33 <Nioki> It's a very thin hole, luckily.
Nov 26 02:27:58 <E4D> The nose of the massive gun depresses and opens up. *THUNK* *THUNK* *THUNK* *THUNK* *THUNK* *THUNK* *THUNK* *THUNK* *THUNK* *THUNK* *THUNK* *THUNK* *THUNK* *THUNK* *THUNK* *THUNK* *THUNK* *THUNK* *THUNK*
Nov 26 02:28:06 <Dawny> Jillian climbs off of the Zodiac as quickly as she can, then goes to her little corner of the deck and lights a cigarette.
Nov 26 02:28:08 <Bouncl> Enoch gets out of the boat, into the boat.
Nov 26 02:28:29 <Nioki> Well, it's a tanker. With plenty of fuel left.
Nov 26 02:28:36 <Nioki> So…
Nov 26 02:28:42 * Light makes a face at the noise, but looks at the second boat's arrival. "Are any of them?"
Nov 26 02:28:43 <E4D> The autocannon doesn't stop firing for approximately 30 seconds, high explosive armor piercing incendiaries slamming into the hull.
Nov 26 02:28:54 <Lilah> Adhelami is woken up from her sleep in medbay, gasping sharply and looking around with a wide eye.
Nov 26 02:29:13 <Nioki> *ShhhhhhchkKRK KMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMSHSHMMMM*
Nov 26 02:29:31 <Maddy> "Yeah t-two new g-guys. T-they probably need l-looking at too."
Nov 26 02:29:32 <Laito> "It iz Dahn Jason. do not worry." Artemis nods by Adhelami's bedside.
Nov 26 02:29:32 <E4D> Massive casing and linkages spray onto the deck, massive brass cartridges rolling around underfoot.
Nov 26 02:29:37 <Nioki> And the sky is lit with burning diesel.
Nov 26 02:30:03 <Maddy> Alice shields her eyes from the light.
Nov 26 02:30:04 <Lilah> The rudely awakened Adhelami buries her face in her pillow. Grunt.
Nov 26 02:30:58 <E4D> <YEAH, SUCK MY *DICK* YA FUCKIN' BOAT.>
Nov 26 02:31:24 <MisterFlames> "Brings back memories." Henry says conversaionally.
Nov 26 02:31:56 <Dawny> Jillian sits in her little corner, away from everyone, trembling slightly.
Nov 26 02:32:13 <Bouncl> Enoch looks about.
Nov 26 02:32:25 <Light> "If you start down to medbay, I'll check the others and be down shortly." She otherwise ignores the gunfire.