L'Ghorek Dies!

Feb 13 19:32:48 <Echo> Scott stretches, reclining the seat back.
Feb 13 19:33:01 <Maddy> Elle gets into the drivers.
Feb 13 19:33:30 <Pemander> Ari hops in the back I guess.
Feb 13 19:33:48 * Dexanote (~ten.elbacogc.emoh.25717953-CRInys|etonaxeD#ten.elbacogc.emoh.25717953-CRInys|etonaxeD) has joined #afteractionmission
Feb 13 19:33:48 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Dexanote
Feb 13 19:33:59 * Mere_Observer (ten.htuoslleb.dra.548C832A-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.htuoslleb.dra.548C832A-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
Feb 13 19:34:05 <Dexanote> Myr climbs into the backseat. "Haven't sat here for a while."
Feb 13 19:34:27 <Pemander> "I don't think I've /ever/ sat here."
Feb 13 19:35:10 <Maddy> She starts driving North eastish, heading along a road on the rural part of town.
Feb 13 19:35:48 <Maddy> "So I figure we drive as far at the pit, the cut into the city. Sound good to you guys?"
Feb 13 19:36:04 <Pemander> "Sure, whatever."
Feb 13 19:36:26 <Echo> "What's the pit?"
Feb 13 19:37:37 <Maddy> "Not actually sure. Just the map says Berkely Pit. Maybe some kinda artificial lake?"
Feb 13 19:38:22 * Mere_Observer has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Feb 13 19:39:00 <Maddy> She drives alond the darkened road till a strange coloured glow shows in the distance.
Feb 13 19:39:53 <Maddy> "Uuuhhh."
Feb 13 19:39:57 <Dexanote> "… dammit Elle."
Feb 13 19:40:01 <Pemander> "…what."
Feb 13 19:40:09 <Maddy> "Hey! I couldn't possibly have known."
Feb 13 19:40:36 <Maddy> She slows. "Whatcha thinkin, bosslady?"
Feb 13 19:42:10 <Echo> "… Well, uh. That's a little odd."
Feb 13 19:42:30 <Dexanote> "… Well." She leans forward, peering down the road. "What do YOU all think?"
Feb 13 19:42:46 <Dexanote> "I mean I have no idea what
Feb 13 19:42:47 <Maddy> "Could check it out, make sure it's not something like…horribad.
Feb 13 19:42:48 <Dexanote> 's up."
Feb 13 19:42:50 <Maddy> "
Feb 13 19:42:56 <Pemander> "Well…does radioactive stuff actually glow?"
Feb 13 19:43:00 <Pemander> "Or is that just in movies?"
Feb 13 19:43:16 <Dexanote> She glances to Arianna and Scott. "You think we should check it out?"
Feb 13 19:43:24 <Maddy> "I mean if it's terrible, we should leave completely. If it's just something weird, then we can just go one with life."
Feb 13 19:43:28 <Pemander> "I think if radioactive things don't glow we should check it out."
Feb 13 19:43:52 <Echo> "Radioactive stuff really doesn't glow like in cartoons and stuff."
Feb 13 19:43:58 <Pemander> "Then I am in."
Feb 13 19:44:00 <Echo> Evans sounds completely sure of this.
Feb 13 19:44:09 <Pemander> Arianna trusts Evans completely.
Feb 13 19:44:46 <Echo> "Hell, go ahead and take us closer. Might as well see what the light show's about. If something's fishy, we got the SUV. We can just bug out."
Feb 13 19:45:01 <Maddy> "Alrighty." Elle kills the lights on the SUV and starts to drive forward again. Perception?
Feb 13 19:45:36 <Dexanote> 4df+3 inb4 Red Pool's effeminate younger cousin, Glow Pool
Feb 13 19:45:37 <CROM> Dexanote: inb4 Red Pool's effeminate younger cousin, Glow Pool: 2 (4df+3=-, +, -, 0)
Feb 13 19:45:49 <Pemander> 4df+4 The god of perception walks among you
Feb 13 19:45:49 <CROM> Pemander: The god of perception walks among you: 3 (4df+4=-, 0, 0, 0)
Feb 13 19:45:56 <Echo> 4df+2 Evans is a spotting machine.
Feb 13 19:45:57 <CROM> Echo: Evans is a spotting machine.: 1 (4df+2=-, 0, 0, 0)
Feb 13 19:45:59 <Echo> …
Feb 13 19:46:01 <Echo> >_>
Feb 13 19:46:02 <Maddy> No hes not
Feb 13 19:46:08 <Maddy> 4df+3 Ele looks too
Feb 13 19:46:09 <CROM> Maddy: Ele looks too: 2 (4df+3=+, 0, -, -)
Feb 13 19:46:13 <Maddy> WOW we suck
Feb 13 19:47:27 <Maddy> As you get to the barbed wire fence around the pit, Elle and Myrtle see some kinda movement down in the pit near the odd, rusty red water. Ari can see there are huminoidish shapes down there.
Feb 13 19:47:41 <Maddy> There are little glowing orbs plae around as light sources.
Feb 13 19:47:50 <Maddy> http://ghost2ghost.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/berkeley-pit.2692.large_slideshow.jpg also this is the pit but it's night blahbalh
Feb 13 19:48:21 <Pemander> "Looks like we got people."
Feb 13 19:48:38 <Dexanote> "People people or 'people'.
Feb 13 19:48:46 <Dexanote> ?" Myr makes air quotes.
Feb 13 19:48:54 <Pemander> Arianna returns the air quotes.
Feb 13 19:48:57 <Maddy> Most of the people seem to be standing near the edge of the water, gesturing like they're in deep discusion about something.
Feb 13 19:48:57 <Pemander> "People."
Feb 13 19:49:06 <Dexanote> "Why do we do these things in the dark."
Feb 13 19:49:13 <Pemander> "You started it."
Feb 13 19:49:14 <Maddy> "Good uestion."
Feb 13 19:49:27 <Pemander> "Anyway, I can't tell for sure what they are in current conditions."
Feb 13 19:49:27 <Echo> "Because we're a bunch of dumbasses. Stop the vehicle."
Feb 13 19:49:36 * Vorcha (ten.tsacmoc.xt.1dsh.6EEF2B5C-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.tsacmoc.xt.1dsh.6EEF2B5C-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
Feb 13 19:49:37 <Maddy> They stopped alreayd
Feb 13 19:49:46 <Maddy> And Azael was there the whole time.
Feb 13 19:50:30 <Maddy> Vorcha, you can roll percep if you want
Feb 13 19:50:39 <Maddy> See what your Angel eyes see
Feb 13 19:50:44 <Echo> Evans pops his door open as quietly as he can and moves around the side of the truck.
Feb 13 19:51:09 <Vorcha> 4df+3 what do your angel eyes see?
Feb 13 19:51:09 <CROM> Vorcha: what do your angel eyes see?: 2 (4df+3=0, 0, 0, -)
Feb 13 19:51:18 <Pemander> "So are we going to sneak up on foot then?"
Feb 13 19:51:25 <Dexanote> "I could."
Feb 13 19:51:39 <Echo> "… Good idea."
Feb 13 19:52:03 <Dexanote> Myr climbs out quietly, barely making a noise. "I'll be right back, then.
Feb 13 19:52:04 <Dexanote> "
Feb 13 19:52:05 <Maddy> Just that there are shapes moving around down there. Also youre fairly sure if they were talking vocaly, they would echo up through the pit. There is no such sound.
Feb 13 19:52:14 <Maddy> Pause.
Feb 13 19:52:20 <Maddy> I'd liek to describe shit better
Feb 13 19:53:28 <Maddy> The orbs of light only do as well as a very bright candle, but there are hundreds of them. They're all on the land, so the water is barely lit enough for you to see, though you can tell it's redish greenish.
Feb 13 19:54:28 <Maddy> The humanoids are kinda hunched and when they walk around they lope about but that's all you can tell from here
Feb 13 19:54:30 <Maddy> ok go
Feb 13 19:54:57 <Dexanote> Myr takes a breath. Stealthing.
Feb 13 19:55:00 <Dexanote> 4df+4
Feb 13 19:55:00 <CROM> Dexanote: 4 (4df+4=+, -, -, +)
Feb 13 19:55:05 <Pemander> "I definitely don't think those are people people."
Feb 13 19:55:21 <Vorcha> "Can you make out their feet over this distance?"
Feb 13 19:55:27 <Maddy> Yeah they dont see her. How close foes she get?
Feb 13 19:55:30 <Maddy> *does
Feb 13 19:56:28 <Dexanote> She shifts to the right, loosening her posture, and silently heads towards the figures. You can all percep to see me if you want
Feb 13 19:56:43 <Pemander> 4df+4 Arianna is trying to keep track of Myrtle's position
Feb 13 19:56:44 <CROM> Pemander: Arianna is trying to keep track of Myrtle's position: 2 (4df+4=0, 0, -, -)
Feb 13 19:56:49 <Pemander> Naop.
Feb 13 19:56:52 <Maddy> 4df+3 Elle tries to keep track so she can shoot something that tries to sneak up on her.
Feb 13 19:56:54 <CROM> Maddy: Elle tries to keep track so she can shoot something that tries to sneak up on her.: 4 (4df+3=+, -, +, 0)
Feb 13 19:56:58 <Maddy> Also nope
Feb 13 19:56:58 <Echo> 4df+2 Might be smart.
Feb 13 19:56:59 <CROM> Echo: Might be smart.: 2 (4df+2=+, -, +, -)
Feb 13 19:57:04 <Vorcha> 4df+3 Azazel tries to keep himself aware of Myrtle's location
Feb 13 19:57:04 <CROM> Vorcha: Azazel tries to keep himself aware of Myrtle's location: 4 (4df+3=0, +, +, -)
Feb 13 19:57:07 <Vorcha> naop
Feb 13 19:57:14 <Echo> …
Feb 13 19:57:27 <Maddy> "I hope they don't have super eyes, cause I lost her already."
Feb 13 19:57:36 <Pemander> "Same."
Feb 13 19:57:57 <Dexanote> She'll drift towards the group of humanoids, strafing a bit to the left, deftly avoiding some muddy spots. She comes to a stop behind a largeish tree, about 25 feet from the creatures/people/
Feb 13 19:58:09 <Maddy> There are no trees
Feb 13 19:58:16 <Maddy> But lets say a big rock
Feb 13 20:00:46 <Maddy> http://i49.tinypic.com/95s8wl.jpg this is kinda what they look like, but wearing clothes. They're completely silent but again, the gesticulate and gesture like they're speaking. Their jaws, gills and shoulders seem to glow in differnt patersn when each is "speaking
Feb 13 20:01:00 <Dexanote> Oh man fishmen
Feb 13 20:02:19 <Dexanote> Myr counts the fishpeople, getting a feel for their physical stature and general grace. How many are there? How big are they? Do they move with agility?
Feb 13 20:03:28 <Maddy> There are at least a couple hundred, they;re about 6' but again, hunched over. they move well enough on land, but it seems like they're not strictly built for it.
Feb 13 20:03:50 <Maddy> With their posture, running is probably not something they do often.
Feb 13 20:04:59 <Dexanote> Myr lingers for a few moments, backing away slowly and slipping back to the main group.
Feb 13 20:05:12 <Maddy> One more percep?
Feb 13 20:05:20 <Dexanote> 4df+3
Feb 13 20:05:21 <CROM> Dexanote: 1 (4df+3=-, -, +, -)
Feb 13 20:05:24 <Maddy> Lol nvm
Feb 13 20:05:38 <Maddy> You get hit with a plasti bag
Feb 13 20:05:56 <Maddy> Roll ath not to fall on your face.
Feb 13 20:06:53 <Dexanote> 4df+0 wat
Feb 13 20:06:53 <CROM> Dexanote: wat: 3 (4df+0=+, +, 0, +)
Feb 13 20:07:10 <Maddy> You manage not to fall on you face.
Feb 13 20:07:13 <Maddy> Procede
Feb 13 20:07:44 <Dexanote> MYR BATS THE BAG AWAY, returning to the group. "Aaaalright. I'm back."
Feb 13 20:07:51 <Pemander> "What did you see?"
Feb 13 20:09:24 <Dexanote> "A lot of fish men. Like, several dozen at least. They're just hobbling around but there's so many."
Feb 13 20:10:05 <Pemander> "I don't see any reason why we should disturb them."
Feb 13 20:10:22 <Echo> "… Maybe Ariel's there."
Feb 13 20:10:30 <Maddy> "Oh hey, maybe."
Feb 13 20:10:35 <Echo> "I mean, she's a fish lady."
Feb 13 20:10:36 <Pemander> "Good call."
Feb 13 20:10:47 <Vorcha> Azazel looks at the two. "Do you want to check?"
Feb 13 20:10:50 <Echo> "You said there's a bunch of fish *people* there, right?"
Feb 13 20:12:18 <Dexanote> "Well they looked more or less masculine to me, but yeah." She nods. "Only issue is that they didn't look very much like Ariel."
Feb 13 20:13:14 <Maddy> One of the fish people points angrily at the water then makes arm motions that look like he's just frustrated as all hell.
Feb 13 20:13:56 <Pemander> "I'm just thinking…if she was with them and not, you know, captured or something…"
Feb 13 20:14:00 <Echo> "Maybe… they've got that thing like T-rexes.'
Feb 13 20:14:01 <Pemander> "She probably would have told us, right?"
Feb 13 20:14:05 <Echo> "Dinomism."
Feb 13 20:14:12 <Dexanote> "What now?"
Feb 13 20:14:20 <Maddy> "Wat."
Feb 13 20:14:29 <Vorcha> "Pardon?"
Feb 13 20:14:30 <Echo> Evans checks to make sure his rifle's loaded and then slings it over his shoulder.
Feb 13 20:15:05 <Pemander> "I'm for moving along, honestly."
Feb 13 20:15:21 <Pemander> "If Ariel was with them and safe, she would have told us."
Feb 13 20:15:34 <Pemander> "If she was with them and not safe, it means they're probably hostile and it's not a good idea to alert several dozen of them."
Feb 13 20:15:56 <Pemander> "If we want to do anything about it, we should bring more people or something."
Feb 13 20:16:07 <Echo> "We've got a truck right here.: He turns to Myr. "Were they armed?"
Feb 13 20:16:19 <Dexanote> "Not that I saw."
Feb 13 20:16:35 <Maddy> Not even armoured.
Feb 13 20:17:01 <Pemander> "I've just got a bad feeling about this."
Feb 13 20:17:23 <Vorcha> "What's the worse that can happen if we are civil? They obviously can communicate."
Feb 13 20:17:29 <Echo> "I mean… shit, we ain't really done anything to look for her."
Feb 13 20:17:49 <Echo> He shrugs. "Here, we got about as close a chance as you could fuckin' pray for."
Feb 13 20:18:07 <Pemander> "We still don't know jack about what we're up against."
Feb 13 20:18:07 <Echo> "We got a missing fish lady, here's some fish people."
Feb 13 20:18:17 <Pemander> "They could be telekenetic or something."
Feb 13 20:18:27 <Pemander> "I'm just saying it's risky as all hell."
Feb 13 20:18:37 <Echo> "That's why we go *look*. And if things are weird, we come back to the truck, and drive our asses away."
Feb 13 20:18:47 <Echo> "Hell, we can keep the keys in the ignition."
Feb 13 20:18:58 <Maddy> "I coudl even stay with the truck."
Feb 13 20:19:08 <Maddy> "Shoot at dudes fom here if shit goes south."
Feb 13 20:19:13 <Pemander> Arianna shrugs. "Look, I'll do whatever you guys want to do."
Feb 13 20:20:02 <Dexanote> Myr nods slowly. "Alright. Elle, go to the truck and keep a gun ready. Keep it running." She looks to Scott and Arianna. "We'll approach and run if they attack."
Feb 13 20:20:28 <Echo> "Run if they attack? Novel. I thought we'd just stand there."
Feb 13 20:20:38 <Maddy> Elle nods and gets in the truck. "Be nice, Evans."
Feb 13 20:20:41 <Pemander> "No need to be a smartass, Scott."
Feb 13 20:20:52 <Echo> He starts off toward the edge of the put, pulling his hat on. "Hey, it was a joke."
Feb 13 20:21:07 <Pemander> Arianna follows him.
Feb 13 20:21:22 <Pemander> …quietly.
Feb 13 20:21:51 <Vorcha> Azazel follows, keeping the banjo ready.
Feb 13 20:21:54 <Echo> He slows down as he gets closer to where Myrtle disappeared over the edge, and drops to his stomach to crawl under the barbed wire.
Feb 13 20:22:10 <Echo> "So, how many did you say there was?"
Feb 13 20:22:28 <Dexanote> Myr quietly keeps pace with Scott. "Maybe a hundred?"
Feb 13 20:23:17 <Echo> "That's not *too* many to get away from."
Feb 13 20:23:33 <Vorcha> Azazel climbs over the barbed wire. "Let's hope things stay civil."
Feb 13 20:23:52 <Echo> "So, what's the plan? You gonna talk to them? Shout down?"
Feb 13 20:24:31 <Dexanote> "Unless you want to.
Feb 13 20:24:33 <Dexanote> "
Feb 13 20:24:50 <Dexanote> She mutters. GOD DAMN THIS ENTER KEY
Feb 13 20:24:55 <Vorcha> "That was pretty much exactly the idea."
Feb 13 20:25:38 <Echo> "Well, yeah. I mean, who's gonna make first contact. Sure. I'll do it."
Feb 13 20:25:39 <Maddy> The fish people are still unawear of your bing there and stuff.
Feb 13 20:25:57 <Pemander> "I'll just…wait back here."
Feb 13 20:26:04 <Pemander> Arianna flashes Scott a thumbs-up.
Feb 13 20:26:07 <Echo> He picks up his pace, trotting up to the edge and staring down.
Feb 13 20:26:08 <Dexanote> "I'll make first contact." She takes a breath, standing up straight.
Feb 13 20:26:09 <Vorcha> "Do you want me to try Scott? I'm good at talking."
Feb 13 20:26:36 <Echo> Evans looks back. "Dude, I have next to no idea who you even are."
Feb 13 20:26:51 <Maddy> A fairly large group of them head into a building carved into the side of the pit, the rest still puzzling over whatever problem they have.
Feb 13 20:27:07 <Dexanote> "Fallen angel, Arianna said he was new." She whispers in Evans' ear 'meatshield.'
Feb 13 20:27:21 <Echo> He looks back down and raises a hand, then lowers it, thinks for a moment, and raises it again. "Uh… hello?"
Feb 13 20:28:40 <Maddy> One of the larger of the fish dudes looks over, and the others do in turn. There's an audible clicking sound as every fish man flatten theirs head an back spines, closeing the fins. All but one shorter dude.
Feb 13 20:28:48 <Maddy> He waves.
Feb 13 20:29:00 <Echo> "…" Evans waves back.
Feb 13 20:29:24 <Echo> "Hi, how are ya."
Feb 13 20:30:09 <Echo> He stands on the edge of the incline, figuratively dangling in the bridge.
Feb 13 20:30:13 <Maddy> He begins to lope over, fiddling with something on his wrist. The really tall one comes too. "Hola-gutentag-bonjour-kreshhjjjii- Greetings!"
Feb 13 20:30:25 <Echo> He looks back at Myrtle and raises an eyebrow.
Feb 13 20:30:51 <Dexanote> "Wrist translator." Myr mutters with deadpan non-enthusiasm. "Aliens?"
Feb 13 20:31:05 <Pemander> "Aliens don't even exist."
Feb 13 20:31:08 <Pemander> "That's ridiculous."
Feb 13 20:31:08 <Maddy> He and the tall one are dressed a little differently, the tall one in robes and the short one in what you can only think is some kinda anilen fishman suit.
Feb 13 20:31:21 <Maddy> *alien
Feb 13 20:31:59 <Echo> Evans' voice turns into a harsh whisper "… Sure they do, Arianna. What do I say? Ask them about Ariel?"
Feb 13 20:32:19 <Maddy> "I was begining to think that humans were extinct. Glad to see you are not." He doesn't use his mouth to speak, still glowing on his face instead.
Feb 13 20:32:53 <Echo> He turns back to face down the incline at the approaching figures, keeping his hands apart. "Um, no, no, we're not. There are lots of us. And thanks. Who, uh, who are you?"
Feb 13 20:33:40 <Maddy> "I am called Little Lu. We are Dogon, unfortunately stranded on your planet."
Feb 13 20:33:59 <Pemander> "…seriously? Aliens," whispers Ari as she rubs her face.
Feb 13 20:34:24 <Dexanote> dammit maddy
Feb 13 20:34:25 <Vorcha> "Dogon?"
Feb 13 20:34:53 <Dexanote> "… " Myr sloooowly nods. "Yes. Alright. How long've you been here?"
Feb 13 20:35:00 <Echo> "Myrtle? You want to say som- yeah, ok."
Feb 13 20:35:23 <Pemander> "And have you seen a woman that looks somewhat similar to you but different?"
Feb 13 20:35:25 <Echo> Scott addresses the short one. "I'm Scott. Scott Evans."
Feb 13 20:36:00 <Maddy> He nods. "Only about a few days, planet side…no Im sorry I have not seen anyone but our own since crashing, and nice to meet you Scott Evans."
Feb 13 20:36:06 <Echo> "Yes. She looks sorta like her." He points at Arianna. "But more like you."
Feb 13 20:38:30 <Vorcha> "The only Dogons I've ever heard of were on Earth."
Feb 13 20:38:59 <Dexanote> Myr looks to Lu. "Alright. How'd you get here? Crash landing?"
Feb 13 20:39:20 <Echo> "Wait, is it safe for us to be here?"
Feb 13 20:39:30 <Echo> He subconsciously takes a couple steps back.
Feb 13 20:40:02 <Maddy> "Then perhaps you have heard of the ones they call the Nommo?" he…smiles, I guess. "Yes, unfrtunately. Our ship L'Ghorek was destroyed, but we have an emergency ship." now he frowns. "But we have run into an issue."
Feb 13 20:40:19 <Dexanote> "What's that?"
Feb 13 20:41:45 <Maddy> "The ship, Nespirah, is only in it's infancy. We need to hve out workers tend to it and ready it." he points to the water. "Unfortunately this water is poison. The ship is fine, but we cannot swim." he bows his head, as does the tall one. "We lost 5 when we arrived."
Feb 13 20:42:08 <Pemander> "Sorry for your loss."
Feb 13 20:42:29 <Vorcha> "Is there any way we can help you?"
Feb 13 20:43:50 <Maddy> The tall one perks up, and Lu speaks. "I was hoping you would ask. We can clean the water, but our ritual items are in the hull of the old ship. We cannot retrive it."
Feb 13 20:44:38 <Vorcha> "Is it flooded?"
Feb 13 20:45:23 <Maddy> "No. It is a little ways from the water, which is why we were desperate to get in this place withough checking the water first."
Feb 13 20:46:00 <Vorcha> "Then what is the difficulty you are encountering?"
Feb 13 20:46:11 <Pemander> "They just said the water's poison…"
Feb 13 20:46:49 <Vorcha> "But the ship itself is not in the water."
Feb 13 20:46:56 <Echo> "He means, why can't they just get- yeah."
Feb 13 20:47:08 <Pemander> "Oh. I thought he was saying that it's in the water, but not completely flooded."
Feb 13 20:47:34 <Maddy> "The L'Ghorek is not in the water, but it's defences activated on crash. We cannots defend agaist them."
Feb 13 20:47:59 <Vorcha> "…Oh dear."
Feb 13 20:48:20 <Echo> "… Ohhhhh."
Feb 13 20:48:26 <Dexanote> "… The ship's gone berserk, hasn't it."
Feb 13 20:48:31 <Pemander> "Typical."
Feb 13 20:48:53 <Echo> "Typical?"
Feb 13 20:48:56 <Maddy> "Not entirely. It is not they we are incapable of defending. It is that we will not. You are not bound by this."
Feb 13 20:49:21 <Vorcha> "Can you offer anything to help us get past the defenses?"
Feb 13 20:49:32 <Pemander> "I'm more interested in what the defenses actually /are/."
Feb 13 20:49:40 <Pemander> "And why you are bound to not defend yourself."
Feb 13 20:49:55 <Echo> "Wait, wait, wait, we don't even know what any of this is."
Feb 13 20:50:02 <Pemander> "S'what I'm saying."
Feb 13 20:51:18 <Maddy> "Regretably, no. We are mearly scientists." he turns to Azazel. "It is our way, we will not harm our own ship. The defenses are automated mobile units. They attack forign substances, but are fairly frail."
Feb 13 20:52:08 <Vorcha> "..Why would the ship attack you then?"
Feb 13 20:52:40 <Pemander> "Was their ability to determine what substances are foreign and what aren't damaged or something?"
Feb 13 20:52:51 <Maddy> "The ship itself was trying to stop us from leaving, though it simply closed doors. Once completely inert, w e would have suffocated inside."
Feb 13 20:53:44 <Vorcha> "I would like to help them." Azazel looks at Scott and Arianna.
Feb 13 20:53:46 <Maddy> "I am not explaining well. The translation has never been tested for human language." he nods apologetically.
Feb 13 20:53:59 <Echo> "So it's just a malfunctioning machine at this point with things inside that you need to make the backup run."
Feb 13 20:54:02 <Dexanote> Myr rubs her eyes. "Alright. If we help you what do we get out of it?"
Feb 13 20:54:50 <Pemander> Arianna nods approvingly at Myrtle. Pragmatic.
Feb 13 20:56:13 <Maddy> "We will cleanse this pit, thus saving the water table form being tainted by copper, arsnic and sulfuric acid. If this is not enough, we have some trinkets that you may find useful for purifying water for personally use."
Feb 13 20:57:04 <Pemander> "Sounds good to me."
Feb 13 20:57:12 <Pemander> "What do you all think?"
Feb 13 20:57:15 <Dexanote> Myr glances back to Scott and Arianna, shrugging. "Better than nothing?"
Feb 13 20:57:21 <Pemander> Ari nods.
Feb 13 20:57:50 <Pemander> "That water isn't poisonous to /us/, right?"
Feb 13 20:57:52 <Echo> "Water filters break down. I mean, if there's one thing we need, it's water."
Feb 13 20:58:36 <Maddy> Lu says something in glowanese to the tall dude, who speaks back in the biolumin. "This water? Yes. Though you could swim in it if you wanted. Has about the same acidity of…what is that fizzy brown drink you have?"
Feb 13 20:58:46 <Pemander> "Cola?"
Feb 13 20:58:58 <Maddy> "Yes! pH of cola."
Feb 13 20:59:16 <Maddy> "So laden with copper, you could mine the water, I think."
Feb 13 20:59:41 <Pemander> "Hm."
Feb 13 20:59:52 <Echo> "… So don't swallow any here. Where's, uh… where's the ship?"
Feb 13 21:00:22 <Maddy> "It is due north of the eastern side of the pit.
Feb 13 21:00:24 <Maddy> "
Feb 13 21:00:31 <Maddy> "About 4 miles."
Feb 13 21:01:04 <Echo> He looks back at Myrtle.
Feb 13 21:01:58 <Dexanote> "Is it like out in the water, or is it on a shore?"
Feb 13 21:02:08 <Maddy> "No it is away from the pit all together.
Feb 13 21:02:10 <Maddy> "
Feb 13 21:03:05 <Echo> "What do we need to do if we go there? How do the things you were talking about work. The ones keeping you away?"
Feb 13 21:06:42 <Maddy> "One enterane was stuck open by a building." he pulls a map kinda thing out of a pack. "Here, in the Wavespeaker's quarters are his staff, incense and the Eye. We need all of those. The defences jut need a few punches and they should break."
Feb 13 21:06:58 <Pemander> "Could you…could you go into more detail than that?"
Feb 13 21:07:11 <Pemander> "I get that they break with a few punches, but isn't there more you could do to describe them?"
Feb 13 21:07:25 <Echo> "We don't know what you know about these things."
Feb 13 21:07:41 <Vorcha> "They may break easily, but how hard do they hit?"
Feb 13 21:09:21 <Maddy> "They are roundish? no weapons, thy jsut run into the ofending things. They hit about as hard as…a dog."
Feb 13 21:09:34 <Maddy> Lu, you are so bad at explaining things."
Feb 13 21:09:41 <Pemander> "Good enough for me."
Feb 13 21:09:59 <Dexanote> "There's definitely a language barrier here." She taps her foot. "Do they shoot lasers?"
Feb 13 21:10:07 <Maddy> "No."
Feb 13 21:10:18 <Vorcha> "Do they shoot anything whatsoever?"
Feb 13 21:10:18 <Pemander> "…what the hell kind of dogs have you seen?"
Feb 13 21:10:25 <Dexanote> She claps her hands together. "Alright! Lets get going."
Feb 13 21:10:26 <Maddy> "I was about to ask…"
Feb 13 21:11:12 <Pemander> Ari shrugs and starts heading back to the truck. "We're driving there, righT?"
Feb 13 21:11:31 <Dexanote> "Yep. Ari you can drive."
Feb 13 21:11:33 <Vorcha> "What were you about to ask?"
Feb 13 21:11:34 <Maddy> Lu gives someone inthe group the map thing.
Feb 13 21:11:43 <Vorcha> Azazel receives mapthing.
Feb 13 21:11:44 <Pemander> "Yes ma'am."
Feb 13 21:11:49 <Maddy> "About what kind of earth dogs shoot lazers."
Feb 13 21:11:51 <Echo> Evans takes it and turns, starting back for the Hummer.
Feb 13 21:12:19 <Dexanote> "Alright." She points to Lu. "We'll be back."
Feb 13 21:12:45 <Maddy> "We'll be here."
Feb 13 21:12:53 <Dexanote> Myr turns. "Come on, guys."
Feb 13 21:13:01 <Vorcha> Azazel follows Evans.
Feb 13 21:13:12 <Pemander> Ari gets back in the truck and hops into the driver's seat.
Feb 13 21:13:19 <Maddy> Elle sits somewhere
Feb 13 21:13:55 <Dexanote> Myr climbs in the back. "Come on, we're gonna go get some magic stuff for an alien so they can fix their UFO."
Feb 13 21:14:15 <Pemander> "Well when you say it like that, I just feel like staying home and eating ice cream."
Feb 13 21:14:16 <Maddy> "…k."
Feb 13 21:14:26 <Pemander> Ari turns the key and starts up the truck.
Feb 13 21:14:30 <Dexanote> "I haven't had ice cream for years."
Feb 13 21:14:31 <Vorcha> Azazel climbs in the back as well. "Let's go."
Feb 13 21:14:57 <Maddy> "Jesus, dude, your taking up all the space." elle is squished.
Feb 13 21:15:19 <Vorcha> "Sorry.."
Feb 13 21:15:21 <Echo> Evans pops the trunk latch and rides in the back, one leg dangling out.
Feb 13 21:15:44 <Pemander> Arianna starts heading in the appropriate direction.
Feb 13 21:16:24 <Pemander> "I still don't understand how the water being poisonous was relevant to this mission."
Feb 13 21:16:54 <Echo> "Their backup's in the water."
Feb 13 21:17:27 <Maddy> And they go, it's not super far or nything. When they get to the place, they see what looks like a Giant fuck off nautilus with multiple holes that look like entrances. theyre all shut but for one that's proped open by a grain silo. It's tying to close bt it's just squishing ineffectually against the silo.
Feb 13 21:17:45 <Echo> "They can't get down to it, cuz the water's so damn toxic to them. They gotta clean *that* first. To do *that*, they need the shit out of their *crashed* one."
Feb 13 21:17:49 <Pemander> "Any of you guys see the ship?"
Feb 13 21:18:17 <Pemander> "Right, right. Now I get it. Thanks Scott."
Feb 13 21:18:37 <Pemander> "…that first thing was a joke, by the way."
Feb 13 21:19:13 <Pemander> Ari stops the truck about 100 meters away from the open door.
Feb 13 21:19:45 <Maddy> the door is about 4 feet of the ground.
Feb 13 21:19:57 <Vorcha> Azazel climbs out first so that Elle has room.
Feb 13 21:20:17 <Maddy> Looks like they landed door first onto the silo, the silo broke off, but stayed stuck in the door.
Feb 13 21:21:23 <Dexanote> "Not the best UFO i've ever seen."
Feb 13 21:21:26 <Echo> "Built Ford tough, huh." Evans clambers out the back.
Feb 13 21:21:31 <Pemander> "So we need the staff, the incense, and the eye."
Feb 13 21:21:37 <Dexanote> Myr climbs out of the truck, stretching.
Feb 13 21:21:42 <Echo> "He tell you what they are?"
Feb 13 21:21:57 <Maddy> "Should I keep it running, or come along?"
Feb 13 21:22:05 <Pemander> "Just come along, I think."
Feb 13 21:22:17 <Maddy> "K." she hops out.
Feb 13 21:23:21 <Pemander> "And no, he didn't say what they are. But I figure they would have given us a description if it wasn't going to be obvious."
Feb 13 21:23:37 <Pemander> "Besides, we know what room they're all in. So it can't be that tough of a search."
Feb 13 21:24:28 <Vorcha> "What exactly *is* a Wavespeaker's quarters compared to the other quarters."
Feb 13 21:25:11 <Dexanote> Myr starts off towards the ship. "No use standing around."
Feb 13 21:25:12 <Echo> Scott waves the map around, then tucks it between his vest and shirt, and shoulders his rifle.
Feb 13 21:25:29 <Pemander> Arianna checks to make sure her knives are secure and heads toward the open door.
Feb 13 21:25:32 <Maddy> Elle comes along I guess. Woo RP and GM funtimes
Feb 13 21:26:04 <Echo> 4df+2 Perception. Anything odd or out of the ordinary in the taclight's beam as Scott approaches? Funny noises? Smells?
Feb 13 21:26:05 <Maddy> The door is still trying its darndest to close, but there's plenty of space to sueeze in one by one.
Feb 13 21:26:05 <CROM> Echo: Perception. Anything odd or out of the ordinary in the taclight's beam as Scott approaches? Funny noises? Smells?: 2 (4df+2=0, 0, +, -)
Feb 13 21:26:15 <Maddy> Smells kinda fishy.
Feb 13 21:26:27 <Echo> …
Feb 13 21:26:28 <Vorcha> 4df+3 Azazel looks around for the defenses that they were warned about.
Feb 13 21:26:29 <CROM> Vorcha: Azazel looks around for the defenses that they were warned about.: -1 (4df+3=-, -, -, -)
Feb 13 21:26:42 <Maddy> There's also a vague groaning sou- god damnit Azazel.
Feb 13 21:27:56 <Pemander> "Ten bucks says that as soon as we get in there, the door somehow becomes unblocked and closes behind us."
Feb 13 21:28:07 <Dexanote> 4df+3
Feb 13 21:28:07 <CROM> Dexanote: 3 (4df+3=+, -, -, +)
Feb 13 21:28:13 <Maddy> Azazel steps on what seems like…an ink sac? It bursts and gets in his eyes. Not harm done, but at -2 percep for the rest of the run.
Feb 13 21:28:54 <Maddy> Myrtle, you definitly hear soem kinda semi mechanical groaning from inside the ship. It's a little irregular, probably because power is slowly failing.
Feb 13 21:29:07 <Pemander> 4df+4 fuck it ill percep too
Feb 13 21:29:07 <CROM> Pemander: fuck it ill percep too: 5 (4df+4=0, +, 0, 0)
Feb 13 21:29:10 <Maddy> JESUS
Feb 13 21:29:40 <Vorcha> Azazel begins feverish eye wiping.
Feb 13 21:30:23 <Maddy> Ari sees/smells/ hears all of the above, and she's keenly aware of the front of the ship, with it's weird portholes. Staring.
Feb 13 21:30:58 <Pemander> "…why's everything gotta be so creepy…"
Feb 13 21:31:01 <Echo> Evans approaches the open door, and stoops down, searching the ground for a scrap of the grain silo.
Feb 13 21:31:07 <Maddy> What is with thes fish dudes and their eyeball shaped things.
Feb 13 21:31:17 <Echo> He snatches up a piece of a wooden support and tosses it insde.
Feb 13 21:31:39 <Echo> "Heads up!"
Feb 13 21:32:28 <Maddy> The door stays open for a moment, and something in the darknes of the hallway moves quickly and bunts the wood back out.
Feb 13 21:32:42 <Maddy> the door goes back to trying to close.
Feb 13 21:33:38 <Echo> "…"
Feb 13 21:33:55 <Echo> "Aight, that was fuckin' creepy."
Feb 13 21:33:56 <Pemander> "Looks like we've got an easy way to clear out some of the dogballs."
Feb 13 21:34:15 <Pemander> "Shine the light in there and toss something, wait till they come out and bust them."
Feb 13 21:34:37 <Maddy> "Dog…balls?"
Feb 13 21:34:40 <Maddy> "What."
Feb 13 21:34:42 <Echo> "Heh."
Feb 13 21:34:44 <Pemander> "Seemed like a good name for them."
Feb 13 21:34:47 <Dexanote> "… That's not a bad idea." Myr draws a pistol, gesturing at Scott.
Feb 13 21:34:48 <Pemander> "They're spherical and hit like dogs."
Feb 13 21:35:05 <Maddy> "Oh. Balls that are like dogs. Not like, canine testicles."
Feb 13 21:35:13 <Dexanote> "The alien said there's these security things that hit 'as hard as a dog'." she looks Elle straight in the eye.
Feb 13 21:35:17 <Pemander> "…okay, yeah. Let's go with balldogs instead."
Feb 13 21:35:17 <Echo> Evans keeps the light on his rifle shining at the door, and tosses the same piece of wood back in. "Ready up."
Feb 13 21:35:36 <Vorcha> Azazel readies his bow.
Feb 13 21:35:37 <Pemander> Arianna pulls a knife.
Feb 13 21:35:56 <Maddy> With the light shining now, you see what looks like a globule of red gelly like substance coming to bunt the wood out again.
Feb 13 21:36:11 <Echo> "Shoot it!"
Feb 13 21:36:17 <Pemander> 4df+4 shink! (throwing)
Feb 13 21:36:18 <CROM> Pemander: shink! (throwing): 5 (4df+4=-, 0, +, +)
Feb 13 21:36:41 <Dexanote> 4df+4 BLAM.
Feb 13 21:36:42 <CROM> Dexanote: BLAM.: 4 (4df+4=0, 0, -, +)
Feb 13 21:37:12 <Echo> Evans isn't firing. No need to waste ammo.
Feb 13 21:38:37 <Vorcha> 4df+4 JESUS ARROW IS A GO
Feb 13 21:38:37 <CROM> Vorcha: JESUS ARROW IS A GO: 4 (4df+4=0, -, +, 0)
Feb 13 21:38:39 <Maddy> 4df+2 vs all D:
Feb 13 21:38:39 <CROM> Maddy: vs all D:: -1 (4df+2=-, -, 0, -)
Feb 13 21:39:01 <Maddy> It gets hit with a whole buncha projectiles! and wibble wbbles and POP!
Feb 13 21:39:10 <Maddy> and its dead.
Feb 13 21:39:29 <Dexanote> "… That was easy. Now wait for the rest of them to come."
Feb 13 21:39:38 <Maddy> The door quivers, seemingly confused about what just happened.
Feb 13 21:39:39 <Echo> "… Awwww."
Feb 13 21:39:49 <Pemander> "I actually feel a little bad about killing that thing."
Feb 13 21:40:15 <Pemander> "They're like…white blood cells, or something."
Feb 13 21:40:20 <Vorcha> "Was it really necessary..?"
Feb 13 21:40:22 <Pemander> "Which means this ship is alive."
Feb 13 21:40:29 <Pemander> "Probably not, but that'd be cool."
Feb 13 21:40:35 <Maddy> Two more kinda get extruded from the walls of the ship, heading to bunt out the OFFENDING WOOD
Feb 13 21:40:46 <Maddy> BUNT
Feb 13 21:41:13 <Dexanote> "… you." Myr points at Azazel. "Azazel, right?"
Feb 13 21:41:18 <Maddy> The bunt out the arrow too.
Feb 13 21:41:18 <Echo> 4df+4 Evans fires at one!
Feb 13 21:41:19 <Vorcha> "They don't seem to be too smart. We could probably just avoid them if we got inside."
Feb 13 21:41:19 <CROM> Echo: Evans fires at one!: 5 (4df+4=0, 0, 0, +)
Feb 13 21:41:22 <Vorcha> "Yes I am."
Feb 13 21:41:25 <Vorcha> He nods to Myr.
Feb 13 21:41:26 <Echo> One shot.
Feb 13 21:41:33 <Maddy> 4df+2
Feb 13 21:41:34 <CROM> Maddy: 2 (4df+2=+, 0, 0, -)
Feb 13 21:41:40 <Maddy> Wibble wobble POP
Feb 13 21:41:53 <Pemander> Ari tosses another knife at the other.
Feb 13 21:41:57 <Dexanote> "You look like the toughest person here. You want to step in there and see how hard they hit?"
Feb 13 21:41:57 <Pemander> 4df+4 wee
Feb 13 21:41:58 <CROM> Pemander: wee: 5 (4df+4=0, +, +, -)
Feb 13 21:42:01 <Maddy> 4df+2
Feb 13 21:42:01 <CROM> Maddy: 2 (4df+2=0, -, 0, +)
Feb 13 21:42:04 <Maddy> Wibble wobble POP
Feb 13 21:42:09 <Pemander> "It's like whack-a-mole."
Feb 13 21:42:14 <Echo> "Yeah, good idea. Go get 'em Azazel."
Feb 13 21:42:23 <Pemander> "Go on, Azazel. I'm rooting for you."
Feb 13 21:42:33 <Maddy> A third comes out and bunts out the knives.
Feb 13 21:42:42 <Pemander> Arianna ducks.
Feb 13 21:43:30 <Vorcha> After the knives are bunted out Azazel approaches the entrance.
Feb 13 21:43:42 <Maddy> Now that there's nothing in there, the last one currntly there just kinda shuffles around aimlessly.
Feb 13 21:43:50 <Maddy> NOTHING TO BUNT!
Feb 13 21:44:20 <Echo> "There! Go get it!"
Feb 13 21:44:29 <Pemander> Ari goes and picks up her knives, wiping them off on her pants leg.
Feb 13 21:45:15 <Maddy> The door is still trying in vain to close.
Feb 13 21:45:15 <Vorcha> Azazel enters the ship.
Feb 13 21:45:21 <Maddy> :o!!
Feb 13 21:45:33 <Maddy> 4df+3 The thing tries to bunt Azazel.
Feb 13 21:45:34 <CROM> Maddy: The thing tries to bunt Azazel.: 4 (4df+3=-, +, +, 0)
Feb 13 21:45:40 <Vorcha> 4df+4 "Hello?" Rollin' persuasion to see if there's /any/ chance of talking with them
Feb 13 21:45:40 <CROM> Vorcha: "Hello?" Rollin' persuasion to see if there's /any/ chance of talking with them: 7 (4df+4=+, 0, +, +)
Feb 13 21:45:44 <Vorcha> 4df+3 p. def
Feb 13 21:45:44 <CROM> Vorcha: p. def: 3 (4df+3=-, 0, +, 0)
Feb 13 21:46:16 <Maddy> Jeeze dude…you suck. You are bunted right out. No damage.
Feb 13 21:48:06 <Echo> "Ok. Maybe run past them? And just keep going?"
Feb 13 21:48:15 <Pemander> Arianna shrugs.
Feb 13 21:48:24 <Vorcha> "I'll try first."
Feb 13 21:48:27 <Pemander> "Sounds good. We could be here for days otherwise, depending on how many there are."
Feb 13 21:48:42 <Maddy> The map shows that entering in this door and heading to the second level of the center chamber, you will find the wave seakers place thing
Feb 13 21:48:58 <Pemander> Ari waits for Azazel.
Feb 13 21:49:10 <Vorcha> 4df+3 Athetics to run past them
Feb 13 21:49:10 <CROM> Vorcha: Athetics to run past them: 5 (4df+3=+, +, 0, 0)
Feb 13 21:49:17 <Maddy> 4df sloooow
Feb 13 21:49:18 <CROM> Maddy: sloooow: 0 (4df=0, +, 0, -)
Feb 13 21:49:23 <Echo> Evans relays this information to Azazel. "Run in, straight ahead through the- well, shit. Does he even know what to look for?"
Feb 13 21:49:32 <Maddy> You get past it but it's following you now.
Feb 13 21:49:57 <Echo> 4df+4 Evans runs in behind him and fires a shot at the thing pursuing him.
Feb 13 21:49:57 <CROM> Echo: Evans runs in behind him and fires a shot at the thing pursuing him.: 3 (4df+4=0, 0, -, 0)
Feb 13 21:50:09 <Pemander> Arianna clambers up into the door and starts heading for the center chamber.
Feb 13 21:50:09 <Maddy> 4df+2
Feb 13 21:50:10 <CROM> Maddy: 3 (4df+2=0, +, 0, 0)
Feb 13 21:50:22 <Maddy> You hit it but it does not wibble bobble pop
Feb 13 21:50:35 <Maddy> A second joins the persuit.
Feb 13 21:50:48 <Maddy> 4df chasing Evans,
Feb 13 21:50:49 <CROM> Maddy: chasing Evans,: 0 (4df=+, 0, 0, -)
Feb 13 21:51:03 <Maddy> 4df #3 chasing Ari
Feb 13 21:51:04 <CROM> Maddy: #3 chasing Ari: 3 (4df=+, +, +, 0)
Feb 13 21:51:18 <Pemander> 4df+2 aw shit son dont bunt me pls
Feb 13 21:51:18 <CROM> Pemander: aw shit son dont bunt me pls: 1 (4df+2=-, -, 0, +)
Feb 13 21:51:22 <Maddy> Ath to evade
Feb 13 21:51:45 <Echo> 4df+4
Feb 13 21:51:46 <CROM> Echo: 5 (4df+4=+, 0, -, +)
Feb 13 21:51:53 <Vorcha> Azazel looks around to see if there's any writing.
Feb 13 21:51:58 <Echo> *3
Feb 13 21:52:01 <Dexanote> 4df+0!!!!!!!
Feb 13 21:52:03 <Dexanote> 4df+0 !!!!!!!
Feb 13 21:52:04 <CROM> Dexanote: !!!!!!!: 2 (4df+0=-, +, +, +)
Feb 13 21:52:05 <Vorcha> He's still moving though
Feb 13 21:52:08 <Maddy> No writing.
Feb 13 21:52:14 <Maddy> 4df+3 bunting Ari
Feb 13 21:52:14 <CROM> Maddy: bunting Ari: 2 (4df+3=0, -, 0, 0)
Feb 13 21:52:20 <Maddy> 4df chasing myr
Feb 13 21:52:20 <CROM> Maddy: chasing myr: 1 (4df=0, 0, +, 0)
Feb 13 21:52:31 <Pemander> 4df+3 dont bunt me bro!
Feb 13 21:52:31 <CROM> Pemander: dont bunt me bro!: 7 (4df+3=+, +, +, +)
Feb 13 21:52:36 <Pemander> …haha.
Feb 13 21:52:39 <Vorcha> damnb
Feb 13 21:52:56 <Maddy> It BOOFS inefectually against Ari's legs, and actually manages to propel her forward.
Feb 13 21:53:02 <Pemander> "Niceeee."
Feb 13 21:53:22 <Pemander> "Fortune's out in full force today."
Feb 13 21:53:25 <Echo> Evans throws the map toward Arianna, seeing as how she seems to be doing the best.
Feb 13 21:53:26 <Pemander> "Come on, Myrtle!"
Feb 13 21:53:33 <Pemander> Ari snags it.
Feb 13 21:53:55 <Vorcha> "Where are we going Arianna?"
Feb 13 21:53:58 * Tom90deg (~ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.A58B6E76-CRInys|ged09moT#ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.A58B6E76-CRInys|ged09moT) has joined #afteractionmission
Feb 13 21:54:10 <Pemander> She opens up the map and points. "Thataways."
Feb 13 21:54:13 <Dexanote> Myr slips between the balls, dodging expertly as if she's a practised pro.
Feb 13 21:54:23 <Pemander> "Toward the middle of the ship."
Feb 13 21:54:41 <Vorcha> Azazel runs thataways.
Feb 13 21:55:08 <Maddy> There are like 6 chasing you now.
Feb 13 21:55:12 <Maddy> slowly.
Feb 13 21:55:31 <Vorcha> "Scott can you clear these up?" Runnin runnin runnin
Feb 13 21:56:04 <Maddy> 4df chasing Azazel.
Feb 13 21:56:05 <CROM> Maddy: chasing Azazel.: -2 (4df=0, -, 0, -)
Feb 13 21:56:19 <Echo> 4df+7 Spending an AP. "ON IT." Evans is a good shot when he needs to be. Like right now. He fires a few shots, tracking side to side, attempting to nail as many of them as he can.
Feb 13 21:56:20 <CROM> Echo: Spending an AP. "ON IT." Evans is a good shot when he needs to be. Like right now. He fires a few shots, tracking side to side, attempting to nail as many of them as he can.: 4 (4df+7=-, -, -, 0)
Feb 13 21:56:24 <Vorcha> 4df+3 Propelled by the power of Jesus
Feb 13 21:56:25 <CROM> Vorcha: Propelled by the power of Jesus: 2 (4df+3=0, -, +, -)
Feb 13 21:56:45 <Maddy> This one blunders right into another, combining to make one bigger, slower thing.
Feb 13 21:56:46 <Echo> 4df+7 Spending an AP to re-roll
Feb 13 21:56:47 <CROM> Echo: Spending an AP to re-roll: 8 (4df+7=+, 0, -, +)
Feb 13 21:57:01 <Maddy> 4df+2
Feb 13 21:57:01 <CROM> Maddy: 0 (4df+2=-, -, +, -)
Feb 13 21:57:05 <Echo> …
Feb 13 21:57:14 <Dexanote> Myr keeps a quick pace, slippinng ahead of the rest of the group.
Feb 13 21:57:14 <Maddy> …you kill all of them, even the giant one.
Feb 13 21:57:24 <Echo> POP POP POPPOPPOPPOPPOP POP. POP.
Feb 13 21:58:08 <Echo> '"Uh… clear."
Feb 13 21:58:12 <Maddy> The ship groans lodly as you reach the second level. The wals and the floos quiver.
Feb 13 21:58:13 <Pemander> "Damn."
Feb 13 21:58:16 <Pemander> "Nice, Scott."
Feb 13 21:58:17 <Maddy> *walls floor
Feb 13 21:59:23 <Vorcha> Azazel looks for the Wavespeaker's room
Feb 13 21:59:47 <Maddy> The map says it's that one.
Feb 13 21:59:59 <Pemander> "It's that one." Arianna gestures.
Feb 13 22:00:12 <Echo> Evans picks up the pace, trailing a hand on the walls of the corridor. "Sorry, sorry, sorry."
Feb 13 22:00:28 <Vorcha> Azazel enters ye olde wavespeaker's room.
Feb 13 22:00:30 <Maddy> The coral like door is closed!
Feb 13 22:00:37 <Vorcha> or not
Feb 13 22:00:56 <Pemander> She looks carefully at the map. Is there any indication of how to open it?
Feb 13 22:01:02 <Maddy> Nope.
Feb 13 22:01:04 <Vorcha> Azazel taps his foot on the door, how solid is it
Feb 13 22:01:16 <Maddy> Though brute force and ignorance solve everything.
Feb 13 22:02:04 <Vorcha> 4df+3 Ath, since no melee. Azazel flings himself at the door
Feb 13 22:02:04 <CROM> Vorcha: Ath, since no melee. Azazel flings himself at the door: 5 (4df+3=+, +, 0, 0)
Feb 13 22:02:27 <Maddy> the door creaks, but still needs aa little more
Feb 13 22:02:53 <Pemander> "All at once."
Feb 13 22:02:54 <Dexanote> "… Scott, help him. Together."
Feb 13 22:03:04 <Dexanote> pound it harder
Feb 13 22:03:13 <Maddy> That's what she said.
Feb 13 22:03:39 <Echo> "…"
Feb 13 22:03:44 <Echo> Last AP.
Feb 13 22:03:53 <Echo> Evans walks back about 10 meters.
Feb 13 22:04:33 <Echo> 4df+6 He sprays a few rounds at the coral, then charges, launching himself into the air in a flying leap, shoulder first at the door.
Feb 13 22:04:34 <CROM> Echo: He sprays a few rounds at the coral, then charges, launching himself into the air in a flying leap, shoulder first at the door.: 5 (4df+6=0, -, +, -)
Feb 13 22:04:57 <Maddy> He smashes through the door. Good show.
Feb 13 22:05:29 <Maddy> The room is large and decorated with things that probably have some kinda religious segnificance.
Feb 13 22:05:36 <Echo> He rolls to a stop on the other side.
Feb 13 22:06:10 <Vorcha> Azazel enters and offers a hand to help Evans up.
Feb 13 22:06:46 <Dexanote> "… Great work." Myr carefully steps inside. "Now what was it we needed from here?"
Feb 13 22:07:28 <Vorcha> "A staff, incense, and the 'Eye'"
Feb 13 22:07:45 <Pemander> Arianna looks around for a staffy-type thnig.
Feb 13 22:07:49 <Pemander> *thing*
Feb 13 22:08:09 <Dexanote> 4df+3 PERCEPTRON
Feb 13 22:08:10 <CROM> Dexanote: PERCEPTRON: 4 (4df+3=+, +, -, 0)
Feb 13 22:08:16 <Pemander> 4df+4 perception mk 2
Feb 13 22:08:16 <CROM> Pemander: perception mk 2: 4 (4df+4=-, -, +, +)
Feb 13 22:08:38 <Vorcha> 4df+1 ink stained eyes don' see so good.
Feb 13 22:08:39 <CROM> Vorcha: ink stained eyes don' see so good.: 3 (4df+1=-, +, +, +)
Feb 13 22:09:30 <Echo> "Thank ya."
Feb 13 22:09:47 <Maddy> There's definitly a staff on the wall, carved from what looks like a giant shell, incence cones in a glass box, and what looks lke a giant squid's eye with a + shaped pupil floating above some kinda holder.
Feb 13 22:09:54 <Maddy> It'sa bout the size f a medicine ball.
Feb 13 22:10:46 <Pemander> Arianna walks to the staff.
Feb 13 22:11:05 <Vorcha> Azazel grabs the glass box.
Feb 13 22:11:32 <Dexanote> Myr goes to the eye, picking it up with her bare hands.
Feb 13 22:11:55 <Maddy> Bye the eyeball or the hoder?
Feb 13 22:12:19 <Dexanote> The holder.
Feb 13 22:12:28 <Maddy> It's kinda heavy but she grabs it.
Feb 13 22:13:02 <Pemander> "Be ready to move once we get the last thing, because I swear everything's going to go to hell."
Feb 13 22:13:06 <Maddy> Elle just kinda looks around. "That every thi-" she's interupted by the ship shifting and groaning some more.
Feb 13 22:13:28 <Pemander> She grabs the staff.
Feb 13 22:13:30 <Echo> "This isn't Indiana Jones or some shit.
Feb 13 22:13:32 <Echo> "
Feb 13 22:13:43 <Dexanote> "Yeah, no crystal skulls."
Feb 13 22:13:53 <Echo> He heads back out into the hallways and down the corridor they took in.
Feb 13 22:14:04 <Pemander> "We've got the aliens, though."
Feb 13 22:14:17 <Dexanote> Myr follows, picking up the pace as she goes. Soon she passes Evans.
Feb 13 22:14:23 <Vorcha> Azazel follows Evans, preferring to stay behind someone with their gun ready.
Feb 13 22:14:44 <Pemander> Arianna follows behind the others.
Feb 13 22:15:54 <Maddy> There are dozens znd dozens for blobs comeing out of the walls, now but they're popping and dtying the minute theyre whole.
Feb 13 22:16:29 <Maddy> Tendrils start to reach from the walls, trying to pull the items away fromt he group.
Feb 13 22:17:12 <Dexanote> "Nope."
Feb 13 22:17:16 <Pemander> "It's not Indiana Jones shit, he says."
Feb 13 22:17:30 <Pemander> Arianna cradles the staff and attempts to keep it out of reach.
Feb 13 22:17:48 <Vorcha> "I wonder..they needed these specific items.and the ship is reacting like this as we're taking it. Are we sure it's not even remotely alive?"
Feb 13 22:18:28 <Echo> "I'd be inclined to say yes."
Feb 13 22:18:53 <Echo> He picks up his pace a little, making best time for the door with the grain silo.
Feb 13 22:19:17 <Maddy> 4df+3 grabin peel- eyeball
Feb 13 22:19:17 <CROM> Maddy: grabin peel- eyeball: 3 (4df+3=+, -, +, -)
Feb 13 22:19:26 <Maddy> ath to evade
Feb 13 22:19:35 <Dexanote> 4df+0 Ath lol noap
Feb 13 22:19:35 <CROM> Dexanote: Ath lol noap: 0 (4df+0=+, -, -, +)
Feb 13 22:19:41 <Maddy> melee to strang arm.
Feb 13 22:19:50 <Vorcha> 4df+3 Azazel begins running, not wanting to be around these tentacles longer than he needs to.
Feb 13 22:19:50 <CROM> Vorcha: Azazel begins running, not wanting to be around these tentacles longer than he needs to.: 1 (4df+3=-, -, +, -)
Feb 13 22:20:09 <Maddy> The tendrill tries to take back the eye.!
Feb 13 22:20:49 <Dexanote> 4df+4 Myrtle whips out her pistol, twirling and blasting the tentacle. "OH no you don't.
Feb 13 22:20:50 <CROM> Dexanote: Myrtle whips out her pistol, twirling and blasting the tentacle. "OH no you don't.: 7 (4df+4=+, +, 0, +)
Feb 13 22:20:51 <Dexanote> "
Feb 13 22:21:01 <Echo> O_o
Feb 13 22:21:04 <Maddy> 4df+3 Aw man…
Feb 13 22:21:05 <CROM> Maddy: Aw man…: 5 (4df+3=+, 0, 0, +)
Feb 13 22:21:34 <Maddy> You blast the tendril to bits and make it to the bottom floor.
Feb 13 22:21:42 <Maddy> 4df+3 grabin staff
Feb 13 22:21:42 <CROM> Maddy: grabin staff: 5 (4df+3=0, +, +, 0)
Feb 13 22:22:22 <Pemander> 4df+2 aw shit
Feb 13 22:22:23 <CROM> Pemander: aw shit: -1 (4df+2=-, 0, -, -)
Feb 13 22:22:26 <Pemander> Lawl.
Feb 13 22:22:43 <Maddy> melee to strong arm it back or attack the tendril, up to you
Feb 13 22:23:29 <Pemander> Arianna tosses a knife straight up above the tentacle with a great deal of rotation.
Feb 13 22:23:37 <Pemander> 4df+4 Attack, AP for power. Ari is relying on luck for this one.
Feb 13 22:23:38 <CROM> Pemander: Attack, AP for power. Ari is relying on luck for this one.: 3 (4df+4=-, 0, +, -)
Feb 13 22:23:47 <Maddy> 4df+3
Feb 13 22:23:48 <CROM> Maddy: 0 (4df+3=-, 0, -, -)
Feb 13 22:24:18 <Maddy> You slice the fuck out of the thin, and it falls off the wall, writing on the ground.
Feb 13 22:24:28 <Maddy> 4df+3 grabbin incense
Feb 13 22:24:30 <CROM> Maddy: grabbin incense: 1 (4df+3=-, -, +, -)
Feb 13 22:24:48 <Pemander> Arianna grabs her knife again before it hits the ground.
Feb 13 22:24:49 <Pemander> Boo yah.
Feb 13 22:24:52 <Echo> Evans is waiting at the exit… wondering what's keeping the others.
Feb 13 22:24:53 <Vorcha> 4df+3 The fuck you think you're doing tentacle.
Feb 13 22:24:53 <CROM> Vorcha: The fuck you think you're doing tentacle.: 2 (4df+3=0, -, 0, 0)
Feb 13 22:25:26 <Maddy> It misses you all get outside.
Feb 13 22:25:51 <Dexanote> Myr trundles to a stop. She sighs, a hint of disappointment in her voice.
Feb 13 22:26:09 <Maddy> As you get out, the ship makes a loud, long, haunting cry, and the eye windoews on the front look at them so sad.
Feb 13 22:26:38 <Pemander> Arianna hops out of the door and starts going back to the truck, but then hesitates.
Feb 13 22:26:56 <Pemander> "You don't think there's any chance we're making the wrong choice here, do you?"
Feb 13 22:27:18 <Maddy> The front part of the ship actually shifts a little to look at them, letting out a despondent sigh, then flopping it's big head down again.
Feb 13 22:28:34 <Maddy> A large, spiked tendril, about as big as the grain silo comes from one of the other doors, reaching out for the group.
Feb 13 22:28:42 <Pemander> "Oh shi-"
Feb 13 22:28:51 <Maddy> Ath!
Feb 13 22:28:54 <Maddy> or physdef
Feb 13 22:28:56 <Maddy> up to you
Feb 13 22:28:56 <Echo> "O_O"
Feb 13 22:28:59 <Echo> 4df+3
Feb 13 22:29:00 <CROM> Echo: 0 (4df+3=-, -, -, 0)
Feb 13 22:29:01 <Dexanote> 4df+0 "oh-
Feb 13 22:29:01 <CROM> Dexanote: "oh-: -3 (4df+0=0, -, -, -)
Feb 13 22:29:03 <Pemander> 4df+2 ari is running the fuck away
Feb 13 22:29:03 <CROM> Pemander: ari is running the fuck away: -1 (4df+2=0, -, -, -)
Feb 13 22:29:04 <Echo> …
Feb 13 22:29:07 <Maddy> Wow
Feb 13 22:29:08 <Maddy> WOW
Feb 13 22:29:10 <Pemander> I don't even.
Feb 13 22:29:11 <Vorcha> 4df+3 P.def i guess
Feb 13 22:29:12 <CROM> Vorcha: P.def i guess: 4 (4df+3=+, 0, -, +)
Feb 13 22:30:17 <Maddy> As the creature breathes its last, the tendril falls. Everyone fails to get out of the way, takes one damage. Except Azael who just takes the quivering apendage to the face like a champ.
Feb 13 22:30:31 <Maddy> L'Ghorek is dead.
Feb 13 22:30:40 <Pemander> Arianna grimaces.
Feb 13 22:30:50 <Pemander> "I'm really starting to think we're being conned somehow."
Feb 13 22:31:08 <Dexanote> Myr's been smacked down, pushed down to the ground, face down in the mud, with a spiky tentacle sticking in her back.
Feb 13 22:31:13 <Dexanote> "Hhhhhh"
Feb 13 22:31:26 <Maddy> Elle goes to help her up.
Feb 13 22:31:50 <Maddy> "Let's just get this shit back to the fishy dudes or whatever."
Feb 13 22:32:12 <Vorcha> Azazel rubs his face and goes to help up whoever fell and is closest to him
Feb 13 22:32:23 <Dexanote> She coughs, limping back to the truck. She's covered in mud.
Feb 13 22:33:19 <Maddy> They drive back to the Pit unless peple want to do more with the ship before we head on
Feb 13 22:33:59 <Dexanote> I'm coo. "Lets just give the fish their crap so we can go home."
Feb 13 22:34:15 <Vorcha> "Are you okay?" He looks at all of the faildodgers.
Feb 13 22:34:34 <Maddy> When they get back to the pit, the tall dude and Lu are waiting excitedly!
Feb 13 22:34:39 <Pemander> Arianna rubs her face and frowns. "I'm fine."
Feb 13 22:34:41 <Pemander> "Little cut up."
Feb 13 22:34:58 <Dexanote> "I'll be okay." Myr grumbles.
Feb 13 22:35:15 <Echo> Evans winces a little, climbing into the back of the Hummer and kinda just flattening out.
Feb 13 22:35:46 * Ragazzo (ten.labolgcbs.ackorf.deepsthgil.D879C977-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.labolgcbs.ackorf.deepsthgil.D879C977-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
Feb 13 22:36:23 <Pemander> "…you all want to deliver the stuff so we can get out real quick?"
Feb 13 22:36:34 <Pemander> "I'll keep the truck running."
Feb 13 22:36:50 <Vorcha> Azazel holds his hand out for the staff.
Feb 13 22:37:04 <Pemander> She hands it to him.
Feb 13 22:37:05 <Dexanote> "Yeah, sure." Myr grips the squid eye, gritting her teeth.
Feb 13 22:37:37 <Maddy> Lu waves! "Oh dear…he reall did a number on you. I didn't think the tertiary defences had enough energy to activate."
Feb 13 22:38:22 <Dexanote> "Was that a bioship?" Myr thrusts the eye into Lu's hands.
Feb 13 22:39:05 <Maddy> "Yes." He hands the eye to the tall dude who sets it in the water and it floats out the the center of the pool.
Feb 13 22:39:07 <Vorcha> Azazel hands the tall Fishguy the staff and glass box
Feb 13 22:39:46 <Maddy> Tall fish guy gladly accepts and opens the insence, lighting it and holding the staff before him.
Feb 13 22:40:03 <Maddy> "If youll just wait a moment, I cat get the water cleansers for you when this is clean."
Feb 13 22:40:09 <Dexanote> "Alright."
Feb 13 22:41:49 <Maddy> The smaller globes start to glow brigter, and the large one sinks into the red waters. Slowly the red starts to fade, giving way to the normal colour of water. Now that it's not so murkey, and lit from beneath, you can see a smaller version of the ship you just dealt with near the bottom.
Feb 13 22:43:14 <Maddy> Little Lu waits, his 3 toes spliting up to his knee and fanning out into large fins. When the Waterspeaker nods, he dives in.
Feb 13 22:43:23 <Dexanote> "…"
Feb 13 22:43:55 <Maddy> About 10 awkward, silent minutes later, he resurfaces with a smaller version of the Eye. About the sie of a base ball.
Feb 13 22:44:52 <Maddy> "Here you are. As promised. It cleanses water, just drop it in and wait."
Feb 13 22:44:59 <Dexanote> "…" Myr shudders a bit. He
Feb 13 22:45:03 <Dexanote> *-He
Feb 13 22:45:09 <Dexanote> "… Thank you."
Feb 13 22:45:32 <Dexanote> She takes the eye, holding it a bit away from herself. "… Sssso, you're not going to like… invade earth?"
Feb 13 22:45:38 <Echo> Evans makes his way down from the Hummer, alternately stretching, then leaning over.
Feb 13 22:46:01 <Maddy> "No, we're jsut going to go home. She should be grown enough in about 10 years, then it's a 25 year flight."
Feb 13 22:46:24 <Dexanote> "What's your lifespan?"
Feb 13 22:46:39 <Maddy> "Maybe then we can come back and figure out what happened here. The planet had so much potential."
Feb 13 22:46:49 <Maddy> "About the same as yours."
Feb 13 22:47:04 <Vorcha> "Well maybe you can come and say bye to us when you leave."
Feb 13 22:48:39 <Maddy> "Though some wavespeakers live to be 120" he nods. "Perhaps, if you're still in the area."
Feb 13 22:49:39 <Vorcha> He nods. "Maybe I'll just come back to see you off."
Feb 13 22:50:39 <Maddy> "You're welcome to visit any time. We'll keep an eye out for your friend too. I fear though, that if she came here and tried to swim, she may be passed on."
Feb 13 22:51:05 <Dexanote> Myr looks to the pool, sighing. "Good luck. Stay out of trouble."
Feb 13 22:51:29 <Maddy> "As to you. May your feet never be dry."
Feb 13 22:52:02 <Echo> Evans watches the exchange quietly, then heads back up the incline.
Feb 13 22:52:27 <Dexanote> "Thanks. You too." Myr waves them off and goes with Evans. "Come on, lets get back to camp. I gotta wash my hair."
Feb 13 22:52:54 <Maddy> And you guys can head back to th museum at your own volition
Feb 13 22:53:07 <Maddy> also y'all can visit the fish people when I'm around and stuff if you want.
Feb 13 22:53:24 <Dexanote> Sure.
Feb 13 22:53:29 <Pemander> Ari's still waiting in the truck.
Feb 13 22:53:45 <Dexanote> Myr climbs in the SUV and drives them home. "They don't seem evil, Arianna."
Feb 13 22:53:47 <Vorcha> Azazel plays some good old banjo jams on the road back.
Feb 13 22:54:17 <Pemander> "Still feel like we screwed up somehow."
Feb 13 22:54:20 <Pemander> "Whatever."
Feb 13 22:54:29 <Pemander> "Ready to move out?"
Feb 13 22:54:31 <Dexanote> "The ship was alive."
Feb 13 22:54:41 <Dexanote> She starts the truck and drives them home.
Feb 13 22:54:42 <Pemander> "Yeah, I figured that much."
Feb 13 22:54:44 <Echo> "How did we screw up?"
Feb 13 22:54:57 <Pemander> "Don't know, Scott."
Feb 13 22:55:10 <Pemander> "I keep thinking there is a different way we could have done that and it would have turned out…better, somehow."
Feb 13 22:56:14 <Dexanote> She sighs quietly. "We'll… do better next time."
Feb 13 22:58:11 <Pemander> "Don't mean to be a downer."
Feb 13 22:58:17 <Pemander> Moving back to AA.