Last Ditch Attempt

Jan 03 20:59:32 <E4D> Jason's out about… He checks his GPS… 2 klicks from the building the Convoy has taken up residence in, on his way back. He shuffles through the snow, now several inches past his ankles. The weight of the suit neither helps nor hurts his progress as the lower-grade components help him push through the added resistance.
Jan 03 21:01:25 <E4D> A few blocks out, he stops, throws his rifle behind him, letting the sling catch it, and drops to his stomach on the pavement, flattening the snow beneath him. He looks straight ahead. <Mrgh. Still not enough.> He stands back up and dusts some of the snow from the cloth uniform and web gear he wears over the suit, leaving some sticking here and there.
Jan 03 21:02:22 <E4D> Can't hurt or concealment. He glances up briefly at the darkened sky, checking to see if the IFF tags of the UCAV are evident, but the HUD gives him no such indication.
Jan 03 21:05:08 <E4D> With a little grunt, he continues his march back, stopping briefly to look into the front entryway of the hospital they abandoned. His gaze travels up the flat face past each row of windows set flush into the side, settling on the top left from where he's standing.
Jan 03 21:05:53 <E4D> He scans quickly left to right, row-by-row, top-to-bottom, checking for any sign of movement or further activity. No lights. No busted glass.
Jan 03 21:08:00 <E4D> <Not a goddamn thing.> He walks alongside, leaving the street, and heads into the westernmost alley, with its smallish parking lot, and tries to get the same view of this side. The "tainted" side.
Jan 03 21:10:23 <Praetor> Mal farts.
Jan 03 21:10:44 <E4D> The rifle gets pulled back around. He shoulders it smoothly, propping it up in an easy range stance… Jason turns slowly to face the sound.
Jan 03 21:11:51 <Praetor> There's a six foot long black snake hanging from a lamp post. "Don't mind me."
Jan 03 21:12:16 <E4D> <Little cold out here for a snake, isn't it?>
Jan 03 21:13:26 <Praetor> "Kid, I take cold showers in the Styx, pop over to Niflheim for ice cream, and then stop in Hel to fuck an ice giantess every Friday."
Jan 03 21:13:58 <E4D> <Ah, so you're a chubby-chaser?>
Jan 03 21:14:25 <E4D> He turns back toward the hospital, again raising the weapon to look into the upper-floor windows.
Jan 03 21:14:57 <Praetor> "Hell yeah, dude." He hisses a little quietly.
Jan 03 21:16:19 <E4D> He continues to address the snake, not looking back. <So tell me, Mal. You're a smart guy, right? You familiar with the Foundation?>
Jan 03 21:18:33 <E4D> ~Top floor, dark. No joy on the DNS… Fuck…downlefttoright, dark… *fuck*…~ He lowers the rifle.
Jan 03 21:21:52 <Praetor> "Oh, sure. You guys had one of my good buddies locked up for awhile."
Jan 03 21:22:12 <Praetor> "Eh…001, yeah? Good guy. Owes me 20 bucks."
Jan 03 21:23:00 * Tom90deg (~moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.A90C65A3-CRInys|ged09moT#moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.A90C65A3-CRInys|ged09moT) has joined #afteractionmission
Jan 03 21:26:45 <E4D> "…"
Jan 03 21:26:55 <E4D> <You know anything about what's in this building?>
Jan 03 21:28:18 <Praetor> "I don't mess with that shit."
Jan 03 21:28:29 <E4D> <With what shit?>
Jan 03 21:29:53 <Praetor> "Hanged King's Court. Not in our area of expertise, and nothing I want anything to do with."
Jan 03 21:31:11 <E4D> <Can you tell if it's still there?>
Jan 03 21:31:48 <Praetor> "In a spirtual or physical sense?"
Jan 03 21:32:13 <E4D> <Either.>
Jan 03 21:32:27 <E4D> He turns back to face the Snake.
Jan 03 21:33:36 <Praetor> "Spirtual, that hospital is never going to be the same. Animals and shit sensitive to that sort of thing are going to be avoiding it. Physical, I've been on this lamp post all day and I haven't seen anything funny, chief."
Jan 03 21:37:14 <E4D> Jason turns to leaves, and then looks back. <You know, I think we might have some Beano or something in the LAV.>
Jan 03 21:37:29 <E4D> *leave
Jan 03 21:40:06 <Praetor> "That an offer?"
Jan 03 21:42:50 <E4D> <I dunno. You'd have to make a trade.>
Jan 03 21:43:12 <E4D> He pops a little salute and starts off. <Nice seein' ya, Mal. Don't be a stranger.>
Jan 03 21:43:59 <Praetor> Mal says nothing, remaining on his post. "…Fuck, I hate the Chinese."
Jan 03 23:31:41 <Tom90deg> Zoe follows Jason.
Jan 03 23:33:47 <E4D> Jason turns back to face the others following behind him, walking backwards through the snow. <Any of ya'll trained in lower level entry or scaling?>
Jan 03 23:34:03 <DrCole> Hand raise.
Jan 03 23:34:12 <Dexanote> "I usually just walked in the front door."
Jan 03 23:34:22 <Tom90deg> Zoe raises her hand/
Jan 03 23:34:35 <PaulS_laptop> "Sorta"
Jan 03 23:34:45 <Maddy> <You know I'm p-pretty nimble, g-got to official t-training though.>
Jan 03 23:35:21 <Tom90deg> "No offical training, but I'm not bad at it."
Jan 03 23:35:53 <DrCole> "Came up a few times in kitchen sink missions. I can handle it."
Jan 03 23:36:00 <Dexanote> "I… would probably slow you all down here, actually. Never had to climb up a wall."
Jan 03 23:36:26 <E4D> <You're postin' security, Myrtle. You can shoot well enough for that.>
Jan 03 23:36:36 <Dexanote> "Alright then. Sounds great."
Jan 03 23:36:40 <E4D> <Saw you tag the driver.>
Jan 03 23:36:43 <Tom90deg> "If it's a clear shot up, I could probaly just stutter-teleport my way up;
Jan 03 23:36:46 <Tom90deg> "
Jan 03 23:37:24 <PaulS_laptop> "Ain't like it's too differen't than some of the risers in 23"
Jan 03 23:37:39 * Bright_ is now known as bright
Jan 03 23:37:39 <DrCole> "Maybe have jason give you a toss up so you have less ground to cover."
Jan 03 23:38:06 <E4D> He turns to face the direction he's walking, glancing back over his shoulder between every few words. <Alice? Just like we planned. Want you to move quick. Zoe? Go with Alice. If somethin' happens… just voip both your asses outta there.>
Jan 03 23:38:17 <Tom90deg> "Can do."
Jan 03 23:38:26 <Maddy> <Roger.>
Jan 03 23:38:30 <E4D> «Remember: we got the M2 and the SMAW down there. We need both.>
Jan 03 23:38:37 <Tom90deg> Zoe sticks close to alice.
Jan 03 23:39:54 <Dexanote> Myr takes a deep breath, shivering. Okay. You can do this…
Jan 03 23:39:57 <Dexanote> 4df+4 STEALTHING
Jan 03 23:39:57 <Glacon> Dexanote: STEALTHING: 0 (4df+4=-, -, -, -)
Jan 03 23:40:01 <E4D> …
Jan 03 23:40:05 <Dexanote> EVIDENTLY SHE CANNOT
Jan 03 23:40:08 <Dexanote> IT'S FUCKING COLD.
Jan 03 23:40:19 <Dexanote> In fact her teeth start chattering.
Jan 03 23:40:28 <Dexanote> "F-f-ff-uck."
Jan 03 23:40:35 <DrCole> "…." Lance offers a scarf.
Jan 03 23:40:40 <E4D> <Lance? It *is* Lance right now, right?>
Jan 03 23:40:45 <DrCole> "Yes."
Jan 03 23:41:02 <Maddy> Alice heads for the door. <Once I start, I ain't s-stopping for shit, k?"
Jan 03 23:41:04 <Maddy> >
Jan 03 23:41:05 <Dexanote> She takes it, winding it over the one she already has.
Jan 03 23:41:24 <Tom90deg> "Right."
Jan 03 23:41:56 <E4D> <Me and you's goin' up the side. Up to the fourth floor, gettin' to a window and peekin' inside. Make sure ain't nothin' there.>
Jan 03 23:42:06 <DrCole> "Alright."
Jan 03 23:42:08 <Maddy> «Going.» Alice she's off, running pretty fast. She might have short legs, but she's got less weight to move.
Jan 03 23:42:14 <E4D> <Alice, brief Zoe?>
Jan 03 23:42:28 <Maddy> Redact I gues?
Jan 03 23:42:31 <PaulS_laptop> "Where'm I going?"
Jan 03 23:42:46 <Dexanote> "Goddamn John when'd you get here?"
Jan 03 23:42:54 <Maddy> <Yeah, I got her.>
Jan 03 23:42:56 <E4D> <You and Myrtle cover the stairs.>
Jan 03 23:43:02 <PaulS_laptop> "Been here since before you."
Jan 03 23:43:23 <E4D> Jason steps off alongside the building, gesturing for Lance to follow.
Jan 03 23:43:32 * Nusquam has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Jan 03 23:43:42 <DrCole> Lance glances at myrtle, blinking, then turns back to jason, following.
Jan 03 23:43:54 <PaulS_laptop> John shrugs, and follows myrtle
Jan 03 23:44:13 <Dexanote> "S-sorry." She takes a deep breath, trying to stop shivering.
Jan 03 23:44:18 <PaulS_laptop> he's a big man who's jacket is stuffed with balled up trashbags
Jan 03 23:44:30 <Dexanote> I'll say she was looking in the other direction.
Jan 03 23:44:48 <E4D> He stops below a column of windows, and pulls one of the sets of 550 cord off of him, passing it to Cole. It's apparently tied to a grappling hook.
Jan 03 23:44:50 <Maddy> <K, Zoey, w-we;re going to the basement, grabbing the SMAW and 50 c-cal. I and o-out fast, in case the k-king and his court are here s-still.>
Jan 03 23:44:56 <Maddy> <Ready?>
Jan 03 23:44:57 <E4D> <Just throw this up onto the roof.>
Jan 03 23:44:57 <PaulS_laptop> he shrugs off his jacket, shoving the trashbags up his shirt instead, and passes it to Myrtle
Jan 03 23:45:14 <E4D> It weighs about 15 pounds.
Jan 03 23:45:47 <E4D> Jason tosses his up, ties his line, and begins scaling, leaving Cole on the ground.
Jan 03 23:46:07 <Dexanote> "It's alright." She catches the jacket and tosses it back. "Let me try my thing again."
Jan 03 23:46:16 <DrCole> LAnce follows not far behind.
Jan 03 23:46:22 <Dexanote> 4df+4 She turns in the snow, crossing her arms.
Jan 03 23:46:22 <Glacon> Dexanote: She turns in the snow, crossing her arms.: 3 (4df+4=0, -, -, +)
Jan 03 23:46:26 <DrCole> Or wait
Jan 03 23:46:27 <Tom90deg> "Right. Are we sneaking or running?"
Jan 03 23:46:29 <DrCole> Redact
Jan 03 23:46:33 <Maddy> <Running.>
Jan 03 23:46:39 <E4D> Roll to throw the 15-pound weight up 6 stories, Cole.
Jan 03 23:46:52 <Dexanote> John can Percep to see me if he cares, i'll still have stealth but he'll still notice me.
Jan 03 23:46:53 <E4D> Athletics.
Jan 03 23:46:56 <DrCole> 4df+3 Athletics?
Jan 03 23:46:56 <Glacon> DrCole: Athletics?: 2 (4df+3=-, 0, +, -)
Jan 03 23:47:07 <Tom90deg> "Right then. Just say the word."
Jan 03 23:47:15 <PaulS_laptop> John shrugs, and puts his jacket on again. It's quite a pain in the ass to put it on with the flamethrower on. So he just sort of drapes it overtop
Jan 03 23:47:21 <Maddy> <Can't sneak with t-them weapons a-and I don't know and y-you can hide f-from the big bad.>
Jan 03 23:47:27 <Maddy> «Going.» Alice she's off, running pretty fast. She might have short legs, but she's got less weight to move.
Jan 03 23:47:40 <E4D> It makes it up a little over the first sets of windows.
Jan 03 23:47:41 <Tom90deg> Zoe follows right behind Alice.
Jan 03 23:47:46 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+2 John notices things like myrtle
Jan 03 23:47:47 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: John notices things like myrtle: 2 (4df+2=0, 0, -, +)
Jan 03 23:48:03 <PaulS_laptop> apparently he doesn't
Jan 03 23:48:08 <DrCole> Assuming htat's a failure, lance tugs it back down, and tries again.
Jan 03 23:48:22 <E4D> It clanks down beside him.
Jan 03 23:48:32 <E4D> Alice reaches the basement in short order, but…
Jan 03 23:48:41 <DrCole> 4df+3 Whoosh!
Jan 03 23:48:41 <Glacon> DrCole: Whoosh!: 5 (4df+3=0, +, 0, +)
Jan 03 23:48:51 <E4D> The .50 and SMAW aren't where they were.
Jan 03 23:48:56 <E4D> They're both leaning in the corner.
Jan 03 23:49:03 <E4D> Perception, Zoe and Alice.
Jan 03 23:49:06 <Maddy> <Shit.>
Jan 03 23:49:08 <Maddy> 4df+4
Jan 03 23:49:08 <Glacon> Maddy: 4 (4df+4=0, -, +, 0)
Jan 03 23:49:20 <Tom90deg> 4df+2
Jan 03 23:49:20 <Glacon> Tom90deg: 0 (4df+2=-, -, -, +)
Jan 03 23:49:36 <E4D> Zoe, proceed.
Jan 03 23:49:45 <Tom90deg> "There they are, come on…."
Jan 03 23:49:55 <Maddy> «Jason, t-the weapons have been moved.»
Jan 03 23:50:01 <DrCole> A five is good enough? If so, Cole starts up.
Jan 03 23:50:08 <E4D> It is not.
Jan 03 23:50:08 <Maddy> «There are f-footprints.»
Jan 03 23:50:30 <Tom90deg> Zoe heads over to the guns, but stops when she hears Alice. "Then we should move fast, right?"
Jan 03 23:50:50 <Maddy> <Not if the weapons are like…fucked w-with.>
Jan 03 23:51:23 <Maddy> Alice approaches slowly, stopping and spinning at a sound. <Zoe. G-get behind me.>
Jan 03 23:51:39 <DrCole> "…."
Jan 03 23:51:39 <Tom90deg> Zoe does so, looking around. "Hear something?"
Jan 03 23:51:47 <DrCole> He looks at jason's rope.
Jan 03 23:52:05 <DrCole> Apparently he managed the six stories?
Jan 03 23:52:16 <E4D> It dangles several feet above the snow. He's up there, peeking through the window.
Jan 03 23:52:42 <Maddy> She nods, moving towards a wall. She feels her hand over it then…
Jan 03 23:53:15 <DrCole> LAnce shakes his head, and just checks the distance he does have, also tuggin ghis rope to see fi it's secure.
Jan 03 23:53:23 <Tom90deg> 4df+5 Zoe follows, dropping into stealth mode.
Jan 03 23:53:24 <Glacon> Tom90deg: Zoe follows, dropping into stealth mode.: 5 (4df+5=0, 0, 0, 0)
Jan 03 23:53:49 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+2 survival, John looks around and listens.
Jan 03 23:53:50 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: survival, John looks around and listens.: 1 (4df+2=-, 0, 0, 0)
Jan 03 23:54:17 <E4D> John detects nothing but Cole's fumbling with the grappling hook.
Jan 03 23:54:23 <Dexanote> 4df+4 tagging SS
Jan 03 23:54:24 <Glacon> Dexanote: tagging SS: 3 (4df+4=-, +, 0, -)
Jan 03 23:54:24 <Maddy> Alice yanks away the false wall, grabbing ther person behind it and forcing them to the floor, face down. I'll roll if y'all want me to.
Jan 03 23:54:35 <E4D> Zoe auto-fails. They're in a small, lit basement.
Jan 03 23:54:36 <Dawny> do it
Jan 03 23:54:43 <PaulS_laptop> «Lance, you need a hand?»
Jan 03 23:55:06 <DrCole> «Apparently…»
Jan 03 23:55:10 <Maddy> Permission to use Athletics?
Jan 03 23:55:12 <DrCole> 4df+3 He tries one more time
Jan 03 23:55:13 <Glacon> DrCole: He tries one more time: 4 (4df+3=+, 0, -, +)
Jan 03 23:55:20 <E4D> Go for it, Maddy
Jan 03 23:55:29 <DrCole> And tugs it back down sighing.
Jan 03 23:55:30 <PaulS_laptop> "Myrtle, wait here. I'll be right back."
Jan 03 23:55:39 <Dexanote> "Kay."
Jan 03 23:55:40 <E4D> It sails up into the air a dozen feet above him, then clangs back down.
Jan 03 23:55:45 <Dawny> go for it
Jan 03 23:55:46 <PaulS_laptop> John walks over to Lance
Jan 03 23:56:12 <Maddy> 4df+7 Power suit a gogo. She's being pretty hasty about this, but isn't trying to injure the person just subdue them
Jan 03 23:56:13 <Glacon> Maddy: Power suit a gogo. She's being pretty hasty about this, but isn't trying to injure the person just subdue them: 5 (4df+7=-, -, 0, 0)
Jan 03 23:56:23 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+4 John picks it up and gives it a good throw
Jan 03 23:56:23 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: John picks it up and gives it a good throw: 5 (4df+4=+, 0, 0, 0)
Jan 03 23:56:25 <Tom90deg> "Ohh, nice grab Alice."
Jan 03 23:56:53 <Dawny> not even gonna oppose
Jan 03 23:57:19 <Maddy> <D-DON'T MOVE! HANDS W-WHERE I CAN SEE THEM!> Alice has a gun to the persons back.
Jan 03 23:57:26 <Maddy> *neck
Jan 03 23:57:32 <Maddy> fucking fingers
Jan 03 23:57:36 <PaulS_laptop> The grappling hook clatters down.
Jan 03 23:57:50 <Dawny> The tall ish blond lays face first on the ground, swearing. "Get the *fuck* off me!" Her hands are up.
Jan 03 23:57:53 <DrCole> "…."
Jan 03 23:58:03 <DrCole> "Welp."
Jan 03 23:58:13 <Maddy> <Calm the fuck d-down, lady, then I'll let you up.>
Jan 03 23:58:46 <Dawny> "You're the one with the gun out chick"
Jan 03 23:58:49 <Maddy> «Myrtle I need y-you.»
Jan 03 23:58:56 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+6 tagging "cry some more". John is getting irritated at it, he's cold, tired and they're out of alcohol. In general, he's in a lousy mnood. He throws it again
Jan 03 23:58:57 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: tagging "cry some more". John is getting irritated at it, he's cold, tired and they're out of alcohol. In general, he's in a lousy mnood. He throws it again: 6 (4df+6=0, -, +, 0)
Jan 03 23:59:13 * MisterFlames has quit (Quit: )
Jan 03 23:59:13 <E4D> It catches on something out of view over a ledge
Jan 03 23:59:23 <DrCole> "Thanks."
Jan 03 23:59:30 <PaulS_laptop> John yanks on it a few times to make sure
Jan 03 23:59:32 <Dexanote> She nips inside, following the halls until she finds Alice. «What's up? Where are you?»
Jan 03 23:59:42 <PaulS_laptop> "There."
Jan 03 23:59:46 <E4D> Alice is down a stairwell.
Jan 03 23:59:51 <PaulS_laptop> John shrugs and goes back to his post
Jan 03 23:59:54 <E4D> Off to the right, beside the elevators/.
Jan 03 23:59:55 <Maddy> «Basment. G-got an unident-tified female, n-needs looking after.»
Jan 04 00:00:03 <DrCole> LAnce climbs up, this took far too long.
Jan 04 00:00:17 <Dawny> "No, I need you to get off me"
Jan 04 00:00:18 <PaulS_laptop> John, noticing no myrtle, is irritated even further. Oh well.
Jan 04 00:00:40 <Dexanote> Hall. Hall. OR. Elevators are out. Stairs. Door, downstairs, one flight, Oh, there's Alice.
Jan 04 00:00:44 <Maddy> <Fat chance. I d-don't know if you g-got weapons on y-you or w-what you did to /our/ w-weapons..
Jan 04 00:01:01 <Dexanote> «Here, what exactly do you need?»
Jan 04 00:01:06 <Dawny> "I have one, and I fucking moved them."
Jan 04 00:01:30 <Maddy> <Sorry if I d-don't just take your word for it.> Alice searches the woman.
Jan 04 00:02:09 <DrCole> On getting level with jason he looks in the windows, even though he's quite sure they're going to be going down again for some reason immediately.
Jan 04 00:02:09 <E4D> Lance, roll 1d10
Jan 04 00:02:27 <DrCole> 1d10 hurp
Jan 04 00:02:27 <Glacon> DrCole: hurp: 3 (1d10=3)
Jan 04 00:02:32 <Dawny> She has an M1917 in a hip holster. "Goddamn lady, got a little person's complex or something?"
Jan 04 00:02:52 <Dexanote> Myr enters, gun drawn. She sees the woman. "What do you need me to do, Alice?"
Jan 04 00:02:53 <Tom90deg> "You know, it's not polite to insult the person with the gun to your head."
Jan 04 00:03:00 <DrCole> Doof.
Jan 04 00:03:04 <Maddy> <Uh, no, it's the e-end of the fucking w-world and I've b-been shot at like 50 times in tthe last week, yo.>
Jan 04 00:03:04 <E4D> About two stories up…
Jan 04 00:03:17 <Dawny> "And I totally tried to attack you."
Jan 04 00:03:20 <Dexanote> Average height, baggy clothes, sunglasses during the night in winter, three scarves.
Jan 04 00:03:32 <E4D> The piece of decorative masonry the grappling hook was attached to chips…
Jan 04 00:03:35 <E4D> Then crumbles…
Jan 04 00:03:38 <E4D> Then breaks…
Jan 04 00:04:01 <E4D> If this was a comedy, the grappling hook would pass him on the way down.
Jan 04 00:04:16 <E4D> But it's not. Dr Cole ends up flat in the snow on his back.
Jan 04 00:04:20 <E4D> Roll perception.
Jan 04 00:04:27 <Maddy> <C-cover me, I'm g-getting off you, n-nothing funny.> Alice starts to get up. <It's hard to sense motive fromt he person hiding behind a fake wall, b-but now and the time for t-this convo.>
Jan 04 00:04:27 <DrCole> 4df+1 "…."
Jan 04 00:04:28 <Glacon> DrCole: "….": 1 (4df+1=-, +, 0, 0)
Jan 04 00:04:44 <E4D> The grappling hook is in a n awful big hurry to get back to the ground.
Jan 04 00:04:56 <Dawny> did Alice take her gun?
Jan 04 00:05:02 <Dawny> I'll assume yes
Jan 04 00:05:04 <Maddy> Yes.
Jan 04 00:05:05 <Dexanote> "Shush then."
Jan 04 00:05:09 <DrCole> He tries to roll out the way, if it's headed for him.
Jan 04 00:05:18 <Dexanote> 4df+4 Myr slides off to one side, tilts her head, and…
Jan 04 00:05:18 <Glacon> Dexanote: Myr slides off to one side, tilts her head, and…: 3 (4df+4=+, -, 0, -)
Jan 04 00:05:24 <Dexanote> Stealths alright. kinda.
Jan 04 00:05:28 <Dawny> She stands and brushes herself off. "Be careful with that."
Jan 04 00:05:30 <DrCole> 4df+3 worst day ever
Jan 04 00:05:30 <Glacon> DrCole: worst day ever: 3 (4df+3=0, +, 0, -)
Jan 04 00:05:31 <E4D> He;s safe.
Jan 04 00:05:44 <DrCole> Oh, ok
Jan 04 00:05:56 <E4D> Jason rappels back down a few moments later. <Jesus Christ, dude, what the fuck happened?>
Jan 04 00:06:12 <DrCole> "Whatever it caught on, gave in."
Jan 04 00:06:19 <DrCole> He gets to his feet, grunting.
Jan 04 00:06:32 <E4D> <Are you ok?>
Jan 04 00:06:36 <PaulS_laptop> John continues standing there
Jan 04 00:06:37 <DrCole> Is he?
Jan 04 00:06:59 <PaulS_laptop> add 'bored' to his list of attributes along with "ittitated" "cold" and "sober"
Jan 04 00:07:32 * MisterFlames (~ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.6E7591CF-CRInys|SD#ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.6E7591CF-CRInys|SD) has joined #afteractionmission
Jan 04 00:07:32 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to MisterFlames
Jan 04 00:07:41 <DrCole> "Yeah, Christ." He shakes his head.
Jan 04 00:07:50 <Maddy> <Can you t-take her out? Y-you and John w-watch her while we carry this s-stuff.> Alice hands the gun and holster to Myrtle. <You can have this b-back and w-we can deal w-with proper intoductions w-when we're not in suck a precarious s-situation>
Jan 04 00:07:52 <DrCole> "Let's just get up there…"
Jan 04 00:08:10 <DrCole> "Unless we're done? Seems like alice found something?"
Jan 04 00:08:20 <Tom90deg> "I'll take the .50 cal."
Jan 04 00:08:28 <Dawny> "Just be careful with it. It's a family heirloom. I need my bag." She points at a black backpack.
Jan 04 00:08:49 <Dexanote> She takes the gun and gently holsters it, keeping her own out. "Just come with us and we'll sort this all out."
Jan 04 00:09:03 <Maddy> <Hands b-behind you, I'll g-get your bag and I pomise you that. N-none of your shit w-will be mishandled unless it misshandles us.>
Jan 04 00:09:32 <Dawny> She nods, puts her hands on her head, and walks out.
Jan 04 00:09:43 <Maddy> <No w-way youre lifting the 50, Zoe.> Alice grabs the bag and the 50.
Jan 04 00:10:01 <Tom90deg> Zoe rolls her eyes and grabs the other gun.
Jan 04 00:10:24 <E4D> It should be noted that the .50 very likely weighs more than Zoe does.
Jan 04 00:10:35 <Maddy> <This t-thing easily weighs the s-same as you, honey.> Alice chuckles a little.
Jan 04 00:11:19 <Maddy> And then up they go!
Jan 04 00:11:42 <Tom90deg> Zoe picks up the other gun and follows Alice.
Jan 04 00:11:49 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+5 tagging CSM, intimidation. John grunts and shifts the weapon in his hands(the M82 this time) to the new girl. The big, lumpy looking baconator is not having a fun day.
Jan 04 00:11:50 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: tagging CSM, intimidation. John grunts and shifts the weapon in his hands(the M82 this time) to the new girl. The big, lumpy looking baconator is not having a fun day.: 6 (4df+5=+, -, +, 0)
Jan 04 00:12:40 <Dexanote> "… really, John? She's a disarmed civilian. Calm down."
Jan 04 00:12:49 <Dexanote> oh Myr, you silly ignorant woman
Jan 04 00:13:02 <PaulS_laptop> "I didn't say anything"
Jan 04 00:13:06 <PaulS_laptop> the gun is still pointing
Jan 04 00:13:19 <Dawny> "Little woman's complex, and giant bacon monster. Who the fuck are you people?"
Jan 04 00:13:47 <Dexanote> "We'll explain later, how about that?"
Jan 04 00:14:00 <Maddy> <Yeah a-again, this aint the t-time or place.>
Jan 04 00:14:02 <Tom90deg> "It would take far too long to explian."
Jan 04 00:14:18 <Tom90deg> "Ok, we got the guns, cna we leave now before this king notices us?"
Jan 04 00:14:31 <E4D> Jason comes around the corner in Oxide. He cocks a thumb at the upper level. <I didn't see shit up there.>
Jan 04 00:14:43 <Maddy> <So is the s-site a g-go?>
Jan 04 00:15:01 <E4D> <I didn't mention I ran into Mal, did I…>
Jan 04 00:15:09 <DrCole> "No."
Jan 04 00:15:26 <PaulS_laptop> "What's that old snake up to?"
Jan 04 00:15:49 <Maddy> <Traders…> Grumble.
Jan 04 00:16:16 <Tom90deg> "Don't he still owe us half a nuke?"
Jan 04 00:16:34 <E4D> <Hangin' out.> He points. <On that pole. Said whatever *was* here, wasn't.>
Jan 04 00:16:46 <Dexanote> "Just go with it, it's a long story.' Myrtle whispers to the new chick.
Jan 04 00:16:52 <Maddy> <Soooo, whats the plan?>
Jan 04 00:17:14 <DrCole> "…so the hanged king wasn't really here?"
Jan 04 00:17:26 <E4D> <I say we make entry, proceed up to the top, and see what we can see.>
Jan 04 00:17:36 <E4D> <Just one of us and Zoe.>
Jan 04 00:18:16 <E4D> <Myrtle? I hate to suggest it, cuz I know how you feel about gettin' evaluated like this, but fightin's no good here, and you're the most… invisible.>
Jan 04 00:18:17 <Dawny> "Great. I get to ride back with a man who might eat me, a tiny chick who wanted to kill me, a robo man, and more people who I have no idea what the fuck. Faaaaaaaaaaantastic."
Jan 04 00:18:48 <E4D> Jason looks over at the detainee. <Kindly shut the hell up for a minute.>
Jan 04 00:19:06 <PaulS_laptop> "took the words outta my mouth"
Jan 04 00:19:15 <Tom90deg> Zoe raises an eyebrow. "Shall I come with her?"
Jan 04 00:19:23 <Dexanote> She pauses a few seconds, before nodding. "Alright Jason, I'll do it. Just give me a bit to prepare. Just tell me what you need and I'll find it."
Jan 04 00:19:26 <Maddy> <Never wantedd t-to kill ya. Youd b-be dead were that the case.>
Jan 04 00:20:04 <Dawny> "Kindly give me my shit."
Jan 04 00:20:13 <Tom90deg> (retract last statement)
Jan 04 00:20:35 <Maddy> <Can you /wait/ for l-like one sec. W-we're hashing out some important shit.>
Jan 04 00:21:16 <PaulS_laptop> "An' I don't *eat* people, fer the record. There'd have ta be somethin' left to eat"
Jan 04 00:21:37 <DrCole> Lance waits, only trying to puzzle out who's going where.
Jan 04 00:21:44 <Dexanote> Myrtle politely neglects to get in on this argument.
Jan 04 00:21:44 <E4D> Jason leads Myrtle and Zoe off.
Jan 04 00:21:47 <Dexanote> 4df+4 STEALTHING.
Jan 04 00:21:48 <Glacon> Dexanote: STEALTHING.: 4 (4df+4=0, +, -, 0)
Jan 04 00:21:56 <Tom90deg> 4df+5 Zoe follows
Jan 04 00:21:57 <PaulS_laptop> "Y'all can take whatever's going on. I've got no problem watching the chick"
Jan 04 00:21:57 <Glacon> Tom90deg: Zoe follows: 7 (4df+5=+, 0, 0, +)
Jan 04 00:22:01 <E4D> He stands at the threshold.
Jan 04 00:22:15 <E4D> <Hey, ALice, was the gennie still runnin'?"
Jan 04 00:22:15 <Dawny> "Gah. Fine. Go. I want my stuff."
Jan 04 00:23:15 <PaulS_laptop> "You'll get yer stuff wen we're not dealing with this bullshit"
Jan 04 00:23:27 <Maddy> <No, hun.>
Jan 04 00:24:14 <E4D> He looks back and forth between ZOe and Myrtle as he talk, pointing off into the building.
Jan 04 00:24:29 <E4D> <All right, what I need you two to do, go up the stairs to the fourth floor.>
Jan 04 00:24:46 <E4D> <Lights are off, elevator's down. That's why Zoe's goin' with ya.>
Jan 04 00:24:55 <Dexanote> "Got it."
Jan 04 00:25:01 <E4D> <I just need you to tell me if anything fucked up is up there.>
Jan 04 00:25:09 <Tom90deg> "What kind oe people would we be possibly hiding from?"
Jan 04 00:25:22 <E4D> <You see anything weirder than your average day, Zoe, bring both of you back down here.>
Jan 04 00:25:36 <E4D> <People? Not people. Seven Zero One. The thing on the ship.>
Jan 04 00:26:07 <Dexanote> "Average since the end of the world, or average…" She nods. "First one, ok. We'll get out if we see it."
Jan 04 00:26:32 <Tom90deg> "…Ah…right then. WE shall be ready to run like our britches are on fire and our arse is about to catch."
Jan 04 00:26:33 <E4D> <One more thing…>
Jan 04 00:26:57 <E4D> <Yeah, that's the plan. Do NOT provoke anything if you see it. We don't need any more dead.>
Jan 04 00:27:54 <Dexanote> Nod.
Jan 04 00:28:54 <E4D> He pulls the door open.
Jan 04 00:28:56 <Tom90deg> Zoe nods as well. "If the worst happens, is there anything that can delay 701 or do anything to better our chances of escaping?"
Jan 04 00:29:23 <E4D> <Not that I know of.>
Jan 04 00:29:39 <Tom90deg> "Thought so. Just asking."
Jan 04 00:30:16 <Dexanote> "Alright… Lets do it."
Jan 04 00:30:37 <Tom90deg> Zoe nods at Myr. "Alon'ze"
Jan 04 00:31:19 <E4D> The stairs are off to their right from the main lobby past a security desk.
Jan 04 00:31:25 <Dexanote> Twitch.
Jan 04 00:31:28 <E4D> The inside is… dark.
Jan 04 00:31:42 <E4D> Dust still hangs in the air.
Jan 04 00:31:51 <Dexanote> She shuddergroans and nips to the stairs, Shrouding. Disgusting fake French British accent.
Jan 04 00:31:54 <Dexanote> 4df+4
Jan 04 00:31:59 <Dexanote> oh dear
Jan 04 00:32:08 <Dexanote> 4df+4 butts
Jan 04 00:32:08 <Glacon> Dexanote: butts: 2 (4df+4=-, +, -, -)
Jan 04 00:32:22 <Tom90deg> 4df+5 Zoe follows her
Jan 04 00:32:22 <Glacon> Tom90deg: Zoe follows her: 5 (4df+5=+, 0, 0, -)
Jan 04 00:33:33 <E4D> Nothing is visible as the push up the first set of stairs.
Jan 04 00:33:43 <Dexanote> She opens the door, pausing for several moments to listen, before sliding through and climbing the stairs at a brisk pace..
Jan 04 00:34:00 <E4D> Foot prints in the dust can be made out from the days past, obviously their own.
Jan 04 00:34:06 * Bright_ (~ten.labolgcbs.imzmlk.lsd.93CC4864-CRInys|77tahCecI#ten.labolgcbs.imzmlk.lsd.93CC4864-CRInys|77tahCecI) has joined #afteractionmission
Jan 04 00:34:54 <E4D> A few moments later, the lights flicker on in the stairwell, washing them both in soft, fluorescent light.
Jan 04 00:34:58 * bright has quit (Ping timeout)
Jan 04 00:35:14 <Tom90deg> Zoe freezes. looking for any movement.
Jan 04 00:35:15 <Dexanote> She doesn't look back, but slows down a bit, drawing a weapon. Not the gilded one, she left that with her luggage at camp.
Jan 04 00:36:13 <E4D> «Lights are on. I just got the gennie back up. Should have power to each floor.>
Jan 04 00:36:44 <Tom90deg> «Warn us next time, damn it Jason….»
Jan 04 00:36:59 <Dexanote> «Lights don't help stealth, Mr Dodridge. But thanks.» Muttermutter. "Come on, Zoe. I think the next is fourth."
Jan 04 00:37:23 <Tom90deg> Zoe follows closely, listening for any movement.
Jan 04 00:38:33 <Dexanote> They reach the door, unless Echo disagrees, and Myr peers through. "You think I should check it out myself, or you should just drop me off in and keep the door closed?"
Jan 04 00:38:37 <Dexanote> PEER PEER
Jan 04 00:39:17 <Tom90deg> "Unless you know what's on the other side, I don't want to port through…Might end up with a chair stuck inside of me."
Jan 04 00:39:30 <Tom90deg> "But if it's clear, that works."
Jan 04 00:39:59 <Dexanote> Myrtle looks through the window, motioning for Zoe to stay out of sight!
Jan 04 00:40:09 <E4D> It looks… about like it did when they were here before…
Jan 04 00:40:39 * DrCole has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Jan 04 00:40:42 <Dexanote> MOTIONS IMPLYING SHE WOULD LIKE TO GO THROUGH
Jan 04 00:42:28 <Tom90deg> Zoe nods and moves close to Myr, wraping her arms around her, and porting to the other side of the door (2 AP)
Jan 04 00:42:45 * Bright_ is now known as Bright
Jan 04 00:43:14 <E4D> Iy
Jan 04 00:44:06 <E4D> It's much the same story here. Same vending machine, same surigical saw
Jan 04 00:44:14 <E4D> *area they saw before.
Jan 04 00:45:15 * Bright_ (~ten.labolgcbs.imzmlk.lsd.93CC4864-CRInys|77tahCecI#ten.labolgcbs.imzmlk.lsd.93CC4864-CRInys|77tahCecI) has joined #afteractionmission
Jan 04 00:45:57 <Dexanote> "…Okay. Keep an eye out…" She looks around. Okay, better than expected.
Jan 04 00:46:03 <Dexanote> 4df+2 percep
Jan 04 00:46:04 <Glacon> Dexanote: percep: 6 (4df+2=+, +, +, +)
Jan 04 00:46:29 <Praetor> whoa
Jan 04 00:47:22 * Bright has quit (Ping timeout)
Jan 04 00:48:05 <Tom90deg> 4df+2 Percep
Jan 04 00:48:06 <Glacon> Tom90deg: Percep: 2 (4df+2=+, 0, -, 0)
Jan 04 00:48:48 <Dexanote> The port must have cleared her head. She could hear so clearly, see so sharply. Every note of the wind outside, every creak of the windows against the cold. She could hear Zoe's breathing over her own.
Jan 04 00:51:19 <Dexanote> Finally, for once, those surgeries and procedures weren't a pain, but a blessing. BTW what were we looking for?
Jan 04 00:53:35 <Dexanote> There we are.
Jan 04 00:53:46 <Dexanote> Is everything in order?
Jan 04 00:56:22 <Praetor> Myrtle smells snake farts.
Jan 04 00:56:31 <Praetor> She is not sure how she knows they are snake farts.
Jan 04 00:56:47 <Praetor> Or what snake farts smell like, exactly. But here it is.
Jan 04 00:56:50 <Dexanote> Her nose wrinkles. "… the hell…"
Jan 04 00:58:12 <Tom90deg> "Something wrong?"
Jan 04 00:58:57 <Dexanote> "… no, nothing. You don't see or smell anything off, do you? She strolls about, checking rooms here and there.
Jan 04 00:59:03 <Dexanote> do you?"
Jan 04 00:59:34 <Tom90deg> "Nope…sorry."
Jan 04 00:59:42 <Tom90deg> Zoe follows Myr, looking around.
Jan 04 01:01:26 * Bright_ is now known as bright
Jan 04 01:05:13 <E4D> It's clear.
Jan 04 01:05:41 <E4D> She doesn't find anything too weird. Hmm… there's a weird green soda can covered in Engrish
Jan 04 01:06:53 <Dexanote> Nudge. she rolls it over with her foot.
Jan 04 01:07:19 <E4D> It smells like… fresh-cut grass?
Jan 04 01:07:57 <Tom90deg> "Think that qualifies as something weird?"
Jan 04 01:08:36 * Adhelami has quit (Quit: Leaving.)
Jan 04 01:08:38 <Dexanote> "In my book? Not particularly." She picks it up. "But it means someone's been here."
Jan 04 01:09:07 * Lilah (~moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.6BFA53D6-CRInys|nothsa#moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.6BFA53D6-CRInys|nothsa) has joined #afteractionmission
Jan 04 01:09:07 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Lilah
Jan 04 01:09:14 <Praetor> or someone drunk it before they left
Jan 04 01:09:54 <Tom90deg> "You got a bag or something we can put it in? Jason may want to see it."
Jan 04 01:13:31 <Dexanote> She sits it on a table and listens. "Does it look like anybody else has been around? Anything else stick out…?"
Jan 04 01:14:31 <Tom90deg> 4df+2 Zoe looks around carefully
Jan 04 01:14:32 <Glacon> Tom90deg: Zoe looks around carefully: 1 (4df+2=-, +, 0, -)
Jan 04 01:14:38 <Tom90deg> "Not that I can see…."
Jan 04 01:16:04 <Dexanote> «Guys? There's a can of some wierd chinese drink up here but nothing else looks disturbed. I think we're alright…»
Jan 04 01:16:34 <Maddy> «Fuckin' eh.»
Jan 04 01:18:07 <Maddy> «Suggesting w-we haul it in t-tonght, hit the s-site tomorrow. Persephone h-here needs some food in her, and it's getting late a-as fuck.»
Jan 04 01:18:20 <Tom90deg> «Right then.»
Jan 04 01:18:23 <Dexanote> «Sounds alright with me.»
Jan 04 01:19:30 <Tom90deg> "Shall we head on back then?"
Jan 04 01:21:10 <Dexanote> "Lets go." She turns to the stairwell
Jan 04 01:21:58 <Tom90deg> Zoe picks up the can and follows Myr.
Jan 04 01:22:29 <Dexanote> They make their way back downstairs, meeting back with Alice and John. I'm… not certain which room they should be in.
Jan 04 01:24:00 <Maddy> here
Jan 04 01:24:19 <Dexanote> Cool then!
Jan 04 01:24:25 <Maddy> Alice nods to the two. "Hey."
Jan 04 01:25:05 <Tom90deg> "Hey Alice, John." Zoe hands over the can. "That's all we got. place looks like it's been empty for a while."
Jan 04 01:25:14 <PaulS_laptop> "Good."
Jan 04 01:25:17 <Dexanote> "New footprints and THIS thing." She points at the can Zoe holds. "There was definitely someone there, but I'm not sure how long ago."
Jan 04 01:25:50 <PaulS_laptop> "Bout her shoesize?" John points with his support hand at Seph's feet
Jan 04 01:26:06 <Maddy> "Oh ew. T-this is that nasty soda Tau w-wa drinking."
Jan 04 01:27:07 <Dexanote> "Probably…" She shrugs.
Jan 04 01:27:52 <Dexanote> "Sorry about all this, We're just a bit on edge." She nods at Seph.
Jan 04 01:28:23 <Dawny> "Happens. Can I have my gun back?"
Jan 04 01:28:42 <Maddy> Alice nods to Myr. "She's g-good."
Jan 04 01:28:48 <Tom90deg> "Bla, Tau drinks this stuff? It smells like grass."
Jan 04 01:29:03 <Maddy> Alice offers a hand to help her up. <Nah, she s-sipped it then promptly tossed it.>
Jan 04 01:29:29 <E4D> Jason heads back over. <We cur and dried here?>
Jan 04 01:29:57 <Tom90deg> "Seems so, unless this king can disguse himself as a gross sodacan."
Jan 04 01:30:32 <Dexanote> "Something smelled a bit off, but it wasn't rotting corpses. Might have just been the can."
Jan 04 01:31:21 <E4D> Jason nods toward the office building. <We can check it out later. Goof night's sleep for everyone, and we can push back in and hit that site up.>
Jan 04 01:31:38 <Dawny> Persephone takes Alice's hand and gives her the helmet.
Jan 04 01:31:40 <Maddy> <Persephone, this is Jason, Jason, P-persephone. Foreman, construction yatta. F-figure we could at least g-give her some food after I k-kinda tackled her t-to the floor.>
Jan 04 01:32:02 <Maddy> After she's put her helmet back on
Jan 04 01:32:07 <Tom90deg> "Persephone? Hi, I'm Zoe."
Jan 04 01:32:26 <Dawny> "I would appreciate it. Hello Zoe…where is my gun though?"
Jan 04 01:32:58 <Maddy> <Myrtle?>
Jan 04 01:33:25 <Dexanote> She hands it over. "Sorry again. Name's Myrtle, nice to meet you."
Jan 04 01:34:03 <Dawny> "Sorry to be a stickler about it…but it's my gun, and it was my grandpa's" Persephone puts it in the holster and nods to Myrtle. "You too."
Jan 04 01:34:19 <Dexanote> "It's alright."
Jan 04 01:34:28 <PaulS_laptop> John grunts
Jan 04 01:35:11 <Maddy> <I understand. A-anyone took this ffrom me…> she motions to her sidearm. <L-lets g-go, it's cold and like a good t-ten minute walk.>
Jan 04 01:36:10 * Kens_Laptop (~ten.enilnotpo.nyd.8200F7FA-CRInys|alliztahc#ten.enilnotpo.nyd.8200F7FA-CRInys|alliztahc) has joined #afteractionmission
Jan 04 01:36:28 <Dawny> Persephone nods and follows.