Mac The Guffin

Nov 10 00:48:42 <Tom90deg> ~We'll talk later, but I've been…hearing things.~
Nov 10 00:49:33 <Adhelami> "Sehlvi..? *snuff* What is it..?"
Nov 10 00:49:36 <Tom90deg> "Looks like another boat…What do you think?"
Nov 10 00:49:45 <Artemis> "I do not know. Maybe another boat."
Nov 10 00:50:03 <E4D> «Always like to have ya close by.»
Nov 10 00:51:46 * Salmander|Away is now known as Salmander
Nov 10 00:52:13 <Maddy> Alice heads up to the deck as well.
Nov 10 00:52:52 * Adhelami pulls the hood down on the cloak more, hiding her face from the lights.
Nov 10 00:53:01 <E4D> «We got another fuckin' boat.»
Nov 10 00:53:28 <MisterFlames> People can roll again to get a better look on Perception. Anyone with binoculars or the like may add +2.
Nov 10 00:53:37 <Tom90deg> 4df+2
Nov 10 00:53:38 <Glacon> Tom90deg: 0 (4df+2=0, -, 0, -)
Nov 10 00:53:42 <Artemis> 4df+3
Nov 10 00:53:42 <Glacon> Artemis: : 3 (4df+3=-, -, +, +)
Nov 10 00:53:44 <Light> "Mm. Company."
Nov 10 00:53:52 <Light> Light arrives on the deck.
Nov 10 00:53:56 <Maddy> 4df+3 eyeballs!
Nov 10 00:53:57 <Glacon> Maddy: eyeballs!: -1 (4df+3=-, -, -, -)
Nov 10 00:53:59 <Light> 4df+4
Nov 10 00:54:00 <Glacon> Light: 2 (4df+4=0, 0, -, -)
Nov 10 00:54:15 <Maddy> "THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T LITTER!" Alice removes the plastic bag from her face.
Nov 10 00:54:17 <Tom90deg> "Never seem to run out of boats. Heh, at this rate we could cross the ocean just by draining the fuel from the boats we find."
Nov 10 00:54:57 <E4D> 4df+6 Jason sights in with his rifle's night scope, flicking through the digital zoom.
Nov 10 00:54:57 <Glacon> E4D: Jason sights in with his rifle's night scope, flicking through the digital zoom.: 5 (4df+6=-, 0, 0, 0)
Nov 10 00:55:49 <Adhelami> "Sehlvi, do you think there will be people..?" In her quiet and slight raspy pathetic sick voice.
Nov 10 00:56:04 <Light> "Of course- end of the world, who wouldn't want to go to sea?"
Nov 10 00:56:29 <Artemis> "Maybe. We should get you inside, in case there is danger."
Nov 10 00:57:01 <E4D> «CONTACT! NAVY SHIP! SMALLER'N OURS!»
Nov 10 00:57:02 <Maddy> Alice looks over at Art. "Hey."
Nov 10 00:57:08 <E4D> «SOMEONE ON THE GUN, NOW!»
Nov 10 00:57:14 <E4D> «AUSSIE TYPE!»
Nov 10 00:57:35 <Ragazzo> Lance arrives on the deck, and blinks, taking a look at the approaching vessel.
Nov 10 00:57:36 <Artemis> "Sehlvi, get inside, quickly."
Nov 10 00:57:45 <Maddy> She rummages in her pocket as she jogs to the gun. «On it, babe.» She finds what she wants, tossing a cone of incense to Artemis.
Nov 10 00:58:11 <Artemis> Artemis snatches it from the air and hands it to Adhelami. "And take this."
Nov 10 00:58:39 <Adhelami> Adhelami frowns and stands, hugging the cloak closely, "Sehlvi, do you want your cloak..?" She sniffles. She grabs the cone and looks it over— oh it smells good.
Nov 10 00:58:48 <E4D> «John, get that Javelin.»
Nov 10 00:58:56 <Artemis> "No, take it. Hurry."
Nov 10 00:59:20 <E4D> Jason sprints back to the Eve, unlocking it and powering up its radio, waiting for the fill to load and the diagnostic to finish.
Nov 10 00:59:35 <Tom90deg> Zoe crouches down low, keeping an eye on the lights.
Nov 10 00:59:48 * Light folds her arms, leans on the rail, and watches the ship.
Nov 10 01:00:10 <Maddy> Alice has the BEEG GUN!
Nov 10 01:00:13 <Maddy> >:)
Nov 10 01:00:36 <Adhelami> "Please be careful, Sehlvi— everyone. *sneeze*" She quickly goes inside, the large cloak dragging on the ground.
Nov 10 01:00:45 <Artemis> Aw.
Nov 10 01:01:10 <Ragazzo> Lance strolls over to lean against the rail beside sophia. "Think this will be a fight? Doesn't seem like it…"
Nov 10 01:01:13 <Adhelami> She hides in the stairwell, peeking out…
Nov 10 01:01:15 <E4D> «ACPB-88, this is the M83 Hawkesbury. Copy?»
Nov 10 01:01:22 <Tom90deg> "Apparently it's a navy ship, could be CI."
Nov 10 01:01:23 * E4D has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Nov 10 01:01:23 * Notify: E4D is offline (SCP and Related Channels).
Nov 10 01:01:44 <Tom90deg> "And they have a long list of reasons to want to be pissed at us."
Nov 10 01:01:54 * Notify: E4D is online (SCP and Related Channels).
Nov 10 01:01:57 * E4D (PI.B08D965B.17C6AEC6.7D53AD95|tibbiM#PI.B08D965B.17C6AEC6.7D53AD95|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Nov 10 01:01:58 <Light> "No. God wiling we don't turn it into one."
Nov 10 01:02:30 <Light> She cocks her head, listening to this. "On the other hand, if it /is/ CI…"
Nov 10 01:02:35 * SpaceMao|work (~PI.F8259007.3FDDEAFA.5D3A48FA|criordna#PI.F8259007.3FDDEAFA.5D3A48FA|criordna) has joined #afteraction
Nov 10 01:02:42 <MisterFlames> «Hawkesbury, this is the SS Maitland.» Australian accent. «We read you, over.»
Nov 10 01:02:49 * Dexanote has quit (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.87 [Firefox 8.0/20111104165243])
Nov 10 01:03:12 <Ragazzo> "Mmmn…if it's /them/…well…I have faith that it'll be an easy fight for us, in that case."
Nov 10 01:03:17 <E4D> «State your intentions and current mission, over.»
Nov 10 01:04:13 <MisterFlames> «Intent is peaceful contact with the remants of Omega Twenty-three. Repeat, peaceful contact.»
Nov 10 01:04:30 <Ragazzo> Lance perks up.
Nov 10 01:04:37 <Ragazzo> "Iiiinteresting…"
Nov 10 01:04:44 <Maddy> "What."
Nov 10 01:06:00 <Tom90deg> "Hm…that's a new one. Don't think we've ever had that happen before."
Nov 10 01:06:23 <Light> "It did when I landed."
Nov 10 01:06:47 * Rights1 (~moc.retrahc.iw.lcue.pchd.863C6847-CRInys|ahtagA#moc.retrahc.iw.lcue.pchd.863C6847-CRInys|ahtagA) has joined #afteraction
Nov 10 01:06:49 <E4D> «State your disposition as to crew complement.»
Nov 10 01:06:49 <Tom90deg> "You were shot down, wenrn't you?"
Nov 10 01:08:05 <Ragazzo> "I just hope it's someone not insane."
Nov 10 01:08:20 <Tom90deg> "Now you're really wishing for a lot. Peaceful contact And not insane?"
Nov 10 01:08:24 <Light> "Apparently before Midnight discerned my intentions."
Nov 10 01:09:11 <Ragazzo> "I'd settle for someone from my time at 23. All the people from Jason and Alice's batch are nuttier than a snickers."
Nov 10 01:09:28 <Maddy> "I'm p-perfectly sane, thank you."
Nov 10 01:09:29 <Ragazzo> "Not that I blame them."
Nov 10 01:09:42 <Ragazzo> "I didn't say /you/ were crazy."
Nov 10 01:09:52 <Tom90deg> "Heh…"
Nov 10 01:10:00 <MisterFlames> «Mmmm… well, a bit of this and a bit of that, I'd say. Our disposition is friendly, or at least we'd prefer not to exchange fire. Or did you mean something else then?»
Nov 10 01:10:00 * Rights has quit (Ping timeout)
Nov 10 01:10:40 <Ragazzo> Lance listens to the voice coming through the radio. Is it familiar?
Nov 10 01:10:50 * Rights (~moc.retrahc.iw.lcue.pchd.863C6847-CRInys|ahtagA#moc.retrahc.iw.lcue.pchd.863C6847-CRInys|ahtagA) has joined #afteraction
Nov 10 01:11:10 <MisterFlames> The voice is downright jovial, to be honest, but not familiar.
Nov 10 01:11:28 * Light thinks.
Nov 10 01:11:38 <Tom90deg> "Sound familar?"
Nov 10 01:11:38 <E4D> «I guess we'll find out. Bring it in alongside, and be advised you are being tracked and marked, and also, that mine's bigger than yours. We'll hold our fire.»
Nov 10 01:11:57 <Tom90deg> "And once again, it's down to who's got the bigger one."
Nov 10 01:12:04 <E4D> «SS Maitland, you may approach.»
Nov 10 01:12:19 * Rights1 has quit (Ping timeout)
Nov 10 01:12:22 <MisterFlames> «I wasn't interested in measuring, Hawkesbury, and we will do so.»
Nov 10 01:12:38 <Artemis> Artemis goes to the stairwell to go inside, but is surprised to see Adhelami right there. "It is safe for now."
Nov 10 01:13:06 <MisterFlames> The lights start to move steadily, coming closer to the Hawkesbury at about twelve knots.
Nov 10 01:13:16 * Adhelami blinks and peeks up from the cloak, "Ah, it is..?" *snuffle*
Nov 10 01:13:52 <Tom90deg> Zoe leands on the railing, watching the approaching ship.
Nov 10 01:14:05 <Tom90deg> "So…What's the plan?"
Nov 10 01:14:13 <Ragazzo> Lance also watches interestedly.
Nov 10 01:14:37 <Artemis> "For now. let us go inside."
Nov 10 01:16:19 <E4D> Jason waits outside.
Nov 10 01:16:29 <Adhelami> "Ah, ok. I was enjoying outside." She frowns, "I want tea." She has taken a liking to it.
Nov 10 01:16:34 <Maddy> Alice keeps the gun on the smaller ship.
Nov 10 01:17:01 <Artemis> "Soon, when we figure out the nature of the visitors." He leads her to the Mess for tea.
Nov 10 01:17:01 <MisterFlames> As the Maitland approaches, the crew become more visible. A variety of outfits, none of them Australian Navy, although the khaki of the Army can be seen here and there.
Nov 10 01:17:46 <Tom90deg> "Well, as Jason said, ours is bigger."
Nov 10 01:18:43 <Ragazzo> "In this case, I'm more concerned abotu who's faster. One shot from them could very well prove to be one shot too many."
Nov 10 01:18:56 <Ragazzo> "But they seem reasonable, so I'm not unduly worried."
Nov 10 01:19:07 <Daedalize> Roused from her sleep by the constant noise, Sera peeks her head out onto the deck.
Nov 10 01:19:10 <E4D> <It's not like you can dodge a shot from one of these cannons.>
Nov 10 01:19:11 <MisterFlames> There are people with weapons handy, but they are focusing more on their ship for the most part. The Bushmaster returns the favor, though, but not aiming directly. Just near enough that if fire was to be enchanged, it could be done.
Nov 10 01:19:29 <Ragazzo> "That's the point, Jason."
Nov 10 01:19:29 * Light nods and fixes her eyes on the incoming ship.
Nov 10 01:19:46 <E4D> <So… where does speed come into it?>
Nov 10 01:19:55 <E4D> <Ya lost me.>
Nov 10 01:19:57 <Ragazzo> "What happens if they fire first?"
Nov 10 01:20:08 <E4D> <Then we fire back and take them to hell with us.>
Nov 10 01:20:19 <Ragazzo> "Right."
Nov 10 01:20:44 <E4D> He keys the speakers. «SS MAITLAND. HOW DO YA WANNA DO THIS?»
Nov 10 01:21:14 <MisterFlames> «You're the host, Hawkesbury. How do you want us?»
Nov 10 01:23:10 <E4D> «COMMANDER, OVER ON A FAST BOAT. YOU CAN BRING A FEW MEN.»
Nov 10 01:24:08 <MisterFlames> «Very well. We'll stop one hundred meters west and launch one of our Zodiacs. Three men suit you, Hawkesbury?»
Nov 10 01:24:41 <E4D> «VERY WELL.»
Nov 10 01:25:02 <E4D> «All stations, be advised, we got company comin'. Look sharp.»
Nov 10 01:25:20 <Maddy> "I always look s-sharp."
Nov 10 01:25:22 <MisterFlames> The vessel stops rather professionally, to be sure, and after a moment a Zodiac makes its way over.
Nov 10 01:25:36 <Ragazzo> Lance pauses.
Nov 10 01:25:40 <Ragazzo> He puts on an eyepatch.
Nov 10 01:25:50 <Tom90deg> «Gotya.»
Nov 10 01:26:08 <Ragazzo> "Does this make my ears look big?" He snerks.
Nov 10 01:26:37 * Light twitches a smile to Lance, and waits near the stairwell.
Nov 10 01:26:46 <MisterFlames> Three figures on the boat are on their way over. No long arms, but they probably have sidearms.
Nov 10 01:26:58 <Ragazzo> Lance watches from the railing.
Nov 10 01:27:22 <E4D> «COME TO THE AFT END.»
Nov 10 01:27:32 <E4D> <Meet 'em out back.>
Nov 10 01:27:40 <Maddy> "Your ears make your ears look big"
Nov 10 01:27:47 <E4D> Jason heads to the rear of the ship, where the railing's been removed.
Nov 10 01:27:50 <Maddy> 4df+3
Nov 10 01:27:51 <Glacon> Maddy: 7 (4df+3=+, +, +, +)
Nov 10 01:27:58 <E4D> 4df+4
Nov 10 01:27:59 <Glacon> E4D: 2 (4df+4=0, 0, -, -)
Nov 10 01:28:00 <Ragazzo> "Flattery will get you nowhere, Alice."
Nov 10 01:28:20 * Rights1 (~moc.retrahc.iw.lcue.pchd.863C6847-CRInys|ahtagA#moc.retrahc.iw.lcue.pchd.863C6847-CRInys|ahtagA) has joined #afteraction
Nov 10 01:28:27 <E4D> Jason slips on the deck, missing whatever it was.
Nov 10 01:28:39 <Tom90deg> Zoe heads on down to the back.
Nov 10 01:28:46 <Ragazzo> Lance does as well.
Nov 10 01:28:54 <Daedalize> Sera figures she may as well head up and be there to see whatever is going on.
Nov 10 01:28:57 * Light follows them.
Nov 10 01:29:13 <Maddy> "Hold the phone…" Alice tries to get closer look "…"
Nov 10 01:29:17 <Daedalize> She climbs up, and leans on a railing out of the way.
Nov 10 01:29:20 <E4D> Jason stops.
Nov 10 01:29:43 <Ragazzo> "…hmm?" Lance halts,, and his hand strays towards the shield on his back.
Nov 10 01:30:57 <Maddy> Alice motions to Jason. "That one. Feel like I seen him b-before."
Nov 10 01:30:59 * Rights has quit (Ping timeout)
Nov 10 01:31:13 <MisterFlames> The Zodiac comes up to the bow, and a tall figure stands up, wearing an Aussie bush hat and hearts and bunnies. "Mister and Mrs. Dodridge, as I live and breathe."
Nov 10 01:32:05 <E4D> <…>
Nov 10 01:32:10 <MisterFlames> Both of them know that voice. So would John if he were here.
Nov 10 01:32:23 <Maddy> "You son of a bitch." Gun in face.
Nov 10 01:33:04 * Light glances at Lance. "Anything?"
Nov 10 01:33:13 <Tom90deg> "Um…We know them I take it?"
Nov 10 01:33:24 <Ragazzo> "I…don't believe so…"
Nov 10 01:33:30 <Ragazzo> Lance peers at the man.
Nov 10 01:33:32 <E4D> <He's a Director from 23.>
Nov 10 01:33:40 <MisterFlames> "That would be me, Alice." James "Mac" Guffin, former director of Site 23's Engineering department says amicably.
Nov 10 01:33:53 <Maddy> "Mother fucking CI plant is what he is."
Nov 10 01:33:53 <E4D> Jason nods, the red visor of his helmet bobbing. "Mac."
Nov 10 01:34:07 <Ragazzo> "Says the PL mole."
Nov 10 01:34:08 <Tom90deg> "Ah, I see."
Nov 10 01:34:28 <E4D> <She wasn't a mole, and it's not like they were hostile anyway ya dumb fuck.>
Nov 10 01:34:30 <Tom90deg> "Can we kill him?"
Nov 10 01:34:31 <Maddy> "Hey, Prometheus hasn't been trying to kill us since we fucking left."
Nov 10 01:34:38 <E4D> <Learn what the word mole means.>
Nov 10 01:34:43 <Maddy> "That too."
Nov 10 01:34:51 <E4D> <No, we gave him our word.>
Nov 10 01:35:00 <MisterFlames> "And you were Prometheus, and Jason GOC, and this isn't Australia any more." Mac replies easily. "And I'd prefer to keep this friendly, please."
Nov 10 01:35:06 <E4D> <I ain't a liar.>
Nov 10 01:35:18 <Ragazzo> Lance shrugs, and continues to watch things unfold.
Nov 10 01:35:20 <Maddy> "…" Alice lowers her gun and steps off.
Nov 10 01:35:32 <MisterFlames> "I know, Jason, and I don't plan on breaking the peace here."
Nov 10 01:35:34 * Light twitches a grin.
Nov 10 01:36:25 <Tom90deg> "Well, seeing what happened when we left, I can see how the CI would want to be all frendly with us."
Nov 10 01:36:26 <E4D> <What's the story, Mac?> Jason grins at himself with the trite question, not that Mac could see.
Nov 10 01:36:44 * SpaceMao (~ten.tsewq.rtsr.CBB1DBEF-CRInys|criordna#ten.tsewq.rtsr.CBB1DBEF-CRInys|criordna) has joined #afteraction
Nov 10 01:37:48 <MisterFlames> "Oh, I was at Alice Springs when the world ended, or just outside of it. I grabbed a few things from my parent's place and headed north to Darwin, and had some friends who were interested in leaving. It's where we picked up the Maitland here, among other things."
Nov 10 01:38:31 <E4D> <You, of course, wouldn't happen to know about a CI armored column that chased us like the fuckin' hounds, would ya.>
Nov 10 01:39:19 <MisterFlames> "And I'm not technically with the CI now, to be sure. I've been out of contact, and just making my way along the world." Mac nods, "Yeah, that's how I knew you had the Hawkesbury. You show up on satellite just fine, which is why I came to come calling."
Nov 10 01:40:37 * SpaceMao|work has quit (Ping timeout)
Nov 10 01:40:45 <E4D> <Now why would you come callin'?>
Nov 10 01:40:49 <PaulS_laptop> John continues to work down in engineering, before bashing his hand. Irritated, he hobbles his ass up to the cafeteria to grab some coffee
Nov 10 01:41:09 <PaulS_laptop> [[the mess]
Nov 10 01:41:42 <MisterFlames> "Well, I've got a problem where I'm at right now that can use the touch of Twenty-Three. I was wondering if I could work out some barter with you."
Nov 10 01:42:10 <Adhelami> Adhelami is in the kitchen of the Mess, drinking tea that Artemis has made for her, and is wearing his cloak.
Nov 10 01:42:34 <E4D> <Not a whole lot of 23 around these days.>
Nov 10 01:42:45 <PaulS_laptop> "Evenin, Vhen"
Nov 10 01:43:03 * Adhelami snuffles sickly— "Hallo Vhen."
Nov 10 01:43:10 <Adhelami> She is very sick!
Nov 10 01:43:29 <PaulS_laptop> "You feelin alright, Darlin?"
Nov 10 01:43:42 <MisterFlames> "No, there isn't, it's true, but you and Alice make for an interesting group, and from what intelligence I have, you've added some more like-minded folk."
Nov 10 01:43:54 <Artemis> Artemis nods to the man. "She is ill."
Nov 10 01:44:06 <MisterFlames> "I'm not under orders, but I still have my ear to the ground."
Nov 10 01:45:01 <E4D> <So what's the need? And what do you have to offer?>
Nov 10 01:45:02 * Adhelami nods, motioning a hand lazily to Artemis to gesture at his explanation. She sips the tea.
Nov 10 01:45:04 <PaulS_laptop> "Well, I hope you get well soon, Adhelami" he smiles and takes a seat by them for a moment
Nov 10 01:45:22 <PaulS_laptop> he still looks very rough
Nov 10 01:46:09 <Adhelami> "Sehlvi is taking good care of me." She pats his arm. She's looking pretty rough as well, with dark circles under her eyes and a red nose and good lord that untamed hair.
Nov 10 01:46:24 <Artemis> Artemis smiles at her, sipping his tea.
Nov 10 01:47:04 <Adhelami> "When I am better, and not of the grumpyness, we should talk a lot." She nods.
Nov 10 01:47:09 <MisterFlames> "The need involves piracy. Not on your part, but I need to get a hostage rescued as a favor to the man letting us stay in his country. We're on the up and up, but Indonesia is still thick with free-lance privateers, and they don't want your Napster. The exchange is a replacement mast and radio antenna, as well as repairs and parts."
Nov 10 01:47:44 <MisterFlames> "Fuel too, if you need."
Nov 10 01:48:13 <PaulS_laptop> "Good. And we really should. I miss talking to someone who's got a differn't perspective on shit"
Nov 10 01:48:15 <PaulS_laptop> he sips coffee
Nov 10 01:48:40 * Ragazzo has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Nov 10 01:49:07 <E4D> «Everyone to the aft section, upper deck. If you're awake, get your ass up here. We got a businessman wants to talk business.»
Nov 10 01:49:31 <Tom90deg> Zoe is already there.
Nov 10 01:49:46 <PaulS_laptop> "Whelp, that means me" John gets up and hobbles off to the deck. Parts of him're still sore
Nov 10 01:50:16 <Tox|Laptop> Will goes bluh, bluh, stomp. He humps to the upper deck aft.
Nov 10 01:50:46 <PaulS_laptop> when he gets there, he notices Mac. *SchCLAK* the PDW comes out and cocks and levels at his head
Nov 10 01:50:46 <Light> "Sounds plenty dangerous." Light steps forward. "Did you say you worked for the CI?"
Nov 10 01:51:01 <Maddy> «Nope.»
Nov 10 01:51:14 <Tox|Laptop> "I take it you know this guy?" he asks John mildly.
Nov 10 01:51:17 <Adhelami> "Sehlvi… does he mean us too..?"
Nov 10 01:51:30 <PaulS_laptop> John's displeasure is…very visible
Nov 10 01:52:10 <Artemis> "Stay here, Sehlvi. I will return shortly."
Nov 10 01:52:15 <MisterFlames> "Once upon a time, I worked for them as well as the Foundation. Let's just say there was a bit of overlap going on. Hi, John. We're under truce, and I'm not a train, so put the grenades away, all right?"
Nov 10 01:52:41 <E4D> <You heard the man, John.>
Nov 10 01:52:46 * Adhelami groans a little and puts the hood on. Ok.
Nov 10 01:52:52 <PaulS_laptop> The gun lowers
Nov 10 01:52:54 * Light snickers.
Nov 10 01:52:56 <Adhelami> What a grumpy girl.
Nov 10 01:52:56 <Tom90deg> "You people who know him are gonna have to answer some questions after all of this if you don't mind…."
Nov 10 01:52:57 <Maddy> Alice is off somwhere
Nov 10 01:54:10 <E4D> <Mind repeatin' yourself, Mac?>
Nov 10 01:54:37 <Artemis> Artemis walks up behind the others, paying attention.
Nov 10 01:56:00 <MisterFlames> "Okay, not at all." Mac nods, "I'm looking for some help in a hostage situation, to wit getting the hostage out of the situation. In exchange for that, I'm willing to replace your lost mast and radio antenna, and give fuel and parts for your group."
Nov 10 01:56:44 <E4D> <Gonna need more than that. Elaborate?>
Nov 10 01:59:27 <Daedalize> Sera watches and listens from the side of the deck.
Nov 10 01:59:46 * Light has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Nov 10 02:00:13 <MisterFlames> "All right. When the world went tits up, I headed north to Darwin and met up with some mates of mine, former RAE and a couple of Navy types. Darwin was as depopulated as most other places, so we headed to the naval base and carried off a few little things."
Nov 10 02:01:19 * E4D has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Nov 10 02:02:39 * E4D (PI.B08D965B.17C6AEC6.7D53AD95|tibbiM#PI.B08D965B.17C6AEC6.7D53AD95|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Nov 10 02:02:41 <MisterFlames> Mac relaxes, "Ended up in East Timor, which hadn't been so badly hit as other places. Still had problems, though, but me and my mates helped solve them, and in exchange we're a little enclave and part of the ruling class." Mac sighs, "But now we have a little problem. Piracy."
Nov 10 02:05:08 <MisterFlames> "The Indonesian government went to hell when things went down, and various factions set up as their own little juntas and warlords, and piracy ramped up even higher. Now the Maitland? She's the best armed ship in the area, aside from yours, and so someone figured that the way to get her is to lean on the local boss. So they kidnapped his wife and son, and want the Maitland for their
Nov 10 02:05:08 <MisterFlames> ransom."
Nov 10 02:05:36 <Tox|Laptop> "So you want us to get them out."
Nov 10 02:06:06 <MisterFlames> "My mates? We're mostly engineers, not warriors. But I saw you coming this way, and yes, that's what I'm proposing."
Nov 10 02:06:08 <PaulS_laptop> "Jason, after he's done explainin', I'd like a word alone."
Nov 10 02:06:21 <E4D> Jason looks back at his crew, expression hid behind the visor.
Nov 10 02:06:33 <Tox|Laptop> "Hm."
Nov 10 02:06:49 <PaulS_laptop> "You done." there's just a touch of venom in his voice
Nov 10 02:06:51 <PaulS_laptop> just a touch
Nov 10 02:07:09 <E4D> Jason steps off. "Just a moment."
Nov 10 02:07:13 <MisterFlames> "That's the nutshell, yeah."
Nov 10 02:07:24 <PaulS_laptop> John steps off with Jason, out of earshot of Mac
Nov 10 02:07:44 <Artemis> Artemis shifts.
Nov 10 02:08:19 <Tom90deg> "Hm."
Nov 10 02:08:22 * Waxx has quit (Ping timeout)
Nov 10 02:08:53 * Waxx (moc.rr.ser.oen.1F7C9A8-CRInys|xxaW#moc.rr.ser.oen.1F7C9A8-CRInys|xxaW) has joined #afteraction
Nov 10 02:09:15 <PaulS_laptop> "Ain't a good idea to trust him. He's probably setting us up. Or'll have us offed when we get back. 'Kill the help' is pretty standard."
Nov 10 02:09:15 <PaulS_laptop> "Plus, what he's proposing in trade, fuel, comms and such, I'm lookin right at right now, with a lot less risk, if you catch my drift" he gestures faintly to the gunboat
Nov 10 02:09:40 <Tox|Laptop> "Be nice, John."
Nov 10 02:09:44 <Tox|Laptop> er
Nov 10 02:09:47 <Tox|Laptop> dero
Nov 10 02:09:54 <Artemis> Artemis stands awkwardly near Mac.
Nov 10 02:09:59 <Artemis> Is he a Broken Church follower?
Nov 10 02:10:05 <Artemis> He sure looks like it, Mac.
Nov 10 02:10:25 <PaulS_laptop> "We off him, kill or restrain his crew, take what we need. Less risk, more benefit, and we get one more CI fuck out of our way"
Nov 10 02:10:44 <Tom90deg> "So…Hostage eh."
Nov 10 02:10:59 <PaulS_laptop> "Your call, though."
Nov 10 02:12:28 <E4D> <I already told him it ain't gonna be like that.>
Nov 10 02:13:10 <PaulS_laptop> "Like I said, your call."
Nov 10 02:14:12 <E4D> Jason heads back over.
Nov 10 02:14:20 <PaulS_laptop> John follows him
Nov 10 02:14:24 <Tom90deg> Zoe glances over at Jason and John
Nov 10 02:14:28 <E4D> <Ladies, gents?>
Nov 10 02:14:39 <Artemis> Artemis folds his arms.
Nov 10 02:15:19 <PaulS_laptop> "You have my backing regardless of choice."
Nov 10 02:15:27 * Salmander has quit (Quit: Tox's mom jumped on my cock)
Nov 10 02:15:43 <Tox|Laptop> Will shrugs. "Don't see why not."
Nov 10 02:16:33 <Tom90deg> "I'd have to know more information about where we'd be going in before I'd vote, if that is what we're doing."
Nov 10 02:16:35 <MisterFlames> "It does sounds reasonable…" Midnight says softly, although tone and posture are questioning. Mac doesn't seem at all surprised about the talking cat.
Nov 10 02:16:38 <E4D> <You gonna be around for this, Mac?>
Nov 10 02:16:52 <MisterFlames> "I can be, if you'd like."
Nov 10 02:17:29 * ChanServ sets mode +q #afteraction E4D
Nov 10 02:17:29 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to E4D
Nov 10 02:18:07 <E4D> <What kind of place would we be hitting? Expected opposition?>
Nov 10 02:20:26 <MisterFlames> "This would be in West Timor, a harbor the group is using. I can get satellite data, but what I've seen they have about a dozen or so men, irregulars. It's not their main operation, that's more of a working port for them."
Nov 10 02:20:55 <Tom90deg> "How fast would their main force be able to arrive?"
Nov 10 02:21:02 <PaulS_laptop> John is figuring in his head
Nov 10 02:21:20 <PaulS_laptop> "Anybody in the port that *isn't* one of 'em or the hostages?"
Nov 10 02:22:22 <Artemis> Artemis looks at his companions. A dozen men? Between himself, John and Dodridge? That is /nozing/.
Nov 10 02:22:39 * Rights1 has quit (Quit: Leaving.)
Nov 10 02:24:46 <MisterFlames> "Their main force is about twenty klicks, so they could be there within an hour by boat, depending. Their boats are really boats, honestly. They might have a couple of RPGs, and a fair number of AKs. I figure the smaller group has some followers, willing or not, there as well. Call it about twenty people, all in all."
Nov 10 02:25:32 <PaulS_laptop> "How big's the main force?"
Nov 10 02:25:40 <E4D> <Boom-lay-boom…>
Nov 10 02:26:05 <Tom90deg> "20 people, a dozen who will fight, the rest who are being forced…Are they willing to kill the hostages if they know we're trying to rescue them?
Nov 10 02:26:44 <MisterFlames> "Main force? A hundred or so fighters."
Nov 10 02:27:24 <PaulS_laptop> "And support crew?"
Nov 10 02:28:15 <MisterFlames> "I don't know if I would call them a crew, but more like families and such. Probably around three hundred or so people there, a village."
Nov 10 02:28:50 <PaulS_laptop> "So we're really looking at four hundred and twenty, not twenty"
Nov 10 02:29:10 <PaulS_laptop> "You got any resources for us, or are we doin' it entirely with what we've got?"
Nov 10 02:30:23 <MisterFlames> "Fuel, ammo, food, parts, that sort of thing. You probably have as many guns as we do, to my estimation."
Nov 10 02:30:40 <MisterFlames> "Intelligence we can get."
Nov 10 02:30:41 <Tom90deg> "If we could get in and out fast enough…how vaulable are the hostages to them? If they realizw we're there, will they kill them or try to run with them?"
Nov 10 02:31:31 <MisterFlames> "Depends on whether they knew you were going for the hostages. Another reason to use you. If they saw the Maitland, they'd know and kill them right off."
Nov 10 02:31:56 <PaulS_laptop> "I got an idea."
Nov 10 02:32:25 <PaulS_laptop> John continues thinking. he sips his coffee
Nov 10 02:32:30 <PaulS_laptop> "Can you get me a map of the area?"
Nov 10 02:33:04 <Tom90deg> "I'm gonna give a vote for yes, for now at least, heh, for what that's worth.
Nov 10 02:33:06 <Tom90deg> "
Nov 10 02:34:27 <MisterFlames> "Yeah, I can get you a map. I can also throw in, at no additional cost, the codes for satellite imagery."
Nov 10 02:34:39 <E4D> <Repairs to the boat, fuel, parts, miscellaneous supplies.>
Nov 10 02:34:48 <E4D> <That's the trade, right?>
Nov 10 02:35:18 <MisterFlames> "Yes. The repairs would be at Dili, East Timor."
Nov 10 02:36:02 <E4D> <Quite the high society you're runnin' with. And here we were thinkin' it was just us left.>
Nov 10 02:36:17 <E4D> <An entire continent gone'll do that.>
Nov 10 02:37:20 <MisterFlames> "It varies from place to place. Indonesia lost the big cities, but the islands have been here for ten thousand years."
Nov 10 02:39:07 <MisterFlames> "Oh, free tip, don't go near Jakarta. They had an 008 break out there."
Nov 10 02:39:25 <E4D> <All right. We'll do it. Unless we got any objections. And *what*?>
Nov 10 02:39:46 <Tom90deg> "What's 008? Something unplesant, no doubt?"
Nov 10 02:39:56 <PaulS_laptop> "Zombies."
Nov 10 02:40:20 <MisterFlames> "It's a prion that acts like a zombie place. Night of the Living Dead."
Nov 10 02:40:30 <MisterFlames> ((plague))
Nov 10 02:41:02 <Tom90deg> "Wonderful."
Nov 10 02:41:31 <MisterFlames> "Far as I know, it wasn't CI, although admittedly they're pretty fractured."
Nov 10 02:43:47 <E4D> <Any objections?>
Nov 10 02:44:05 <Tom90deg> "Nope."
Nov 10 02:44:15 <MisterFlames> "None here," Midnight says.
Nov 10 02:44:27 * Daedalize has quit (Quit: BRB revolution)
Nov 10 02:44:28 <PaulS_laptop> "Your call, bossman"
Nov 10 02:44:35 <Maddy> "Blblblblb" says Bou
Nov 10 02:44:35 <Artemis> Artemis shakes his head.
Nov 10 02:45:46 <E4D> He puts a hand out to Mac, armored, guarded.
Nov 10 02:46:18 <MisterFlames> Mac extends his own.
Nov 10 02:47:18 * Tom90deg has quit (Quit: ~ Trillian Astra - www.trillian.im ~)
Nov 10 02:48:01 <E4D> He gives it a shake. <Call this good for now. You gonna be close by?>
Nov 10 02:48:51 <MisterFlames> "Sure. I'll be on the Maitland. We can bring you to East Timor tomorrow."
Nov 10 02:50:00 <E4D> <Very well.>
Nov 10 02:50:41 <MisterFlames> "And when we get there, we can look things over with John and the rest of your crew, and work out the details. Anything else come to mind?"
Nov 10 02:51:19 <PaulS_laptop> "Any ordnance you can spare, especially demolitions gear. I'm gonna need it"
Nov 10 02:52:08 <E4D> <Not right off the top of my head. I'll let you know. And we'll be in touch.>