Making Contact

Jan 12 17:23:40 <jedifan> "Personally, I'm hoping the trip goes smoothly."
Jan 12 17:23:51 <PaulS_laptop> "We'll find out one way or another"
Jan 12 17:24:08 <Arag> "It should."
Jan 12 17:24:40 <Maddy> "Who's driving?"
Jan 12 17:24:47 <Tox> "Eh. We'll see."
Jan 12 17:25:33 <MonkeyBomb> "Ace'll drive." *wagwagwag*
Jan 12 17:26:17 <Maddy> "Noooo thank you."
Jan 12 17:26:24 <Tox> Cana raises an eyebrow.
Jan 12 17:26:49 <jedifan> "I can drive if I must, but I'm not that comfortable with trucks like this."
Jan 12 17:27:01 <Maddy> "Alrighty, I call shotgun."
Jan 12 17:27:13 <Maddy> "Anyone seen Lilin? I have a gun for her."
Jan 12 17:27:36 <Puppetmaster> Lilin is there. "Hi."
Jan 12 17:28:31 <Arag> "Hi."
Jan 12 17:28:49 <Tox> "Hey."
Jan 12 17:30:01 * Roget (suruas.eht|esohw#suruas.eht|esohw) has joined #afteractionmission
Jan 12 17:31:07 <Maddy> "Here." she offers Lilin the gun. "He'll want this back though."
Jan 12 17:31:32 <Puppetmaster> "Yeah, I'd figure."
Jan 12 17:31:41 <Maddy> Jani gets in the truck
Jan 12 17:31:43 <MonkeyBomb> "Alright, let's get this show on the road." He tells Ace to hop on the bed, and he climbs on shortly after.
Jan 12 17:31:51 <Puppetmaster> She takes it and slips it in her belt.
Jan 12 17:31:52 <Tox> Cana climbs up.
Jan 12 17:32:16 <Puppetmaster> Lilin gets in the bed.
Jan 12 17:32:16 <PaulS_laptop> Matt boards
Jan 12 17:32:30 <jedifan> Phelan gets into the drivers seat.
Jan 12 17:32:37 <Arag> John sits.
Jan 12 17:33:03 * Roget is now known as rogbrb
Jan 12 17:33:05 <jedifan> "Everybody on board?"
Jan 12 17:33:59 <PaulS_laptop> Matt bangs on the roof twice
Jan 12 17:34:19 <Arag> "Yep."
Jan 12 17:34:24 <jedifan> Phelan starts the truck and yells out, "Make sure I get the right directions."
Jan 12 17:34:44 <jedifan> Phelan starts off hoping he doesn't make a wrong turn.
Jan 12 17:36:34 <Echo> It's not a hard drive, and Matt had the map in the truck marked.
Jan 12 17:37:14 * rogbrb is now known as Roget
Jan 12 17:37:25 <Tox> Cana holds onto the truck equivalent of the gunwale.
Jan 12 17:37:33 <jedifan> Phelan starts relaxing as he follows the marked route.
Jan 12 17:37:40 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3 matt is looking for sheepies along the way
Jan 12 17:37:41 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: matt is looking for sheepies along the way: 3 (4df+3=0, +, -, 0)
Jan 12 17:38:03 <Echo> A relatively short drive up Beach Road East gets them to Wakanui Road where they found the sheep. Alas, it seems like the picked off the only stragglers around the other day.
Jan 12 17:38:23 <Echo> Matt's craving for unranched sheep will be, sadly, left unfulfilled this day.
Jan 12 17:39:04 <jedifan> Phelan keeps an eye out for any interesting sights as he drives.
Jan 12 17:39:06 <Tox> Such sad.
Jan 12 17:39:19 <Tox> Cana's looking around as well - he's never been to Kiwiland.
Jan 12 17:40:20 <Maddy> Jani has her arm hanging out the window.
Jan 12 17:40:21 <Echo> Cana's got an eyeful of, well… mostly farmland, if he had to guess. Area around here's just about flat as the eye can see on the road to Ashburton.
Jan 12 17:40:33 <Echo> After traveling a few minutes on Wakanui, Phelan hits a Y-intersection. He can either keep going down Wakanui, taking him on a road toward the center of the city, or down Albert Street, curcing in along the outskirts.
Jan 12 17:40:47 <Echo> *v
Jan 12 17:41:32 <jedifan> Phelan pauses at the fork and calls out, "Should I head for the center of town or the outskirts?"
Jan 12 17:42:04 <Tox> "Depends," Cana calls back. "What're we trying to do with this outing?"
Jan 12 17:42:22 <Puppetmaster> "Outskirts, we can work in on foot."
Jan 12 17:42:24 <PaulS_laptop> "Go along the outside. See what we can see before we hit the barricades"
Jan 12 17:42:29 <Arag> ""Outskirts."
Jan 12 17:42:37 <Maddy> "…ok even though were here to talk to people?"
Jan 12 17:42:51 <Arag> "Yeah."
Jan 12 17:43:08 <Maddy> She shrugs.
Jan 12 17:43:16 <jedifan> Phelan heads towards the outskirts.
Jan 12 17:43:26 <Puppetmaster> "We can talk to people without driving straight into what /could/ be an ambush for travelers."
Jan 12 17:43:43 <Puppetmaster> "This is safest."
Jan 12 17:43:57 <Maddy> "So instead we walk into he ambush? I see little difference."
Jan 12 17:44:09 <PaulS_laptop> "We gotta walk anyway, and this lets us know what's around some more. We'll hit the anti vic barricades before we hit any kind of ambush"
Jan 12 17:44:23 <Puppetmaster> "You can't move a pickup into cover that easily anyway."
Jan 12 17:44:56 <Puppetmaster> "And this thing? Not bulletproof."
Jan 12 17:45:01 <Arag> "The difference is manuverablity."
Jan 12 17:45:11 <Puppetmaster> "Exactly."
Jan 12 17:46:14 <PaulS_laptop> "Phelan, you know on the map where I marked where we stashed the truck beore? Take us there"
Jan 12 17:46:18 <PaulS_laptop> "Grigg park"
Jan 12 17:46:26 <jedifan> "Will do."
Jan 12 17:46:37 <PaulS_laptop> "Best place we could find to stash the truck"
Jan 12 17:47:03 <jedifan> Phelan follows the map to the marked spot and finds a good place to park.
Jan 12 17:47:42 <PaulS_laptop> it's an overgrown park. He can probably see the tire tracks from where they drove it up before
Jan 12 17:47:50 <Echo> As they pull in down Wakanui into the city proper, they find themselves with houses running along their right, and farmland on the left of the road, the asphalt cutting a sharp divide.
Jan 12 17:48:46 <Maddy> "Never been here before."
Jan 12 17:49:47 <PaulS_laptop> "Alright, Brock, you wanna take point with me? We're the only ones who's been here before"
Jan 12 17:49:57 <MonkeyBomb> "Sure."
Jan 12 17:50:25 <PaulS_laptop> "Cool."
Jan 12 17:50:26 <Echo> The truck gets stashed in what looks to be an overgrown park.
Jan 12 17:51:04 <PaulS_laptop> Once the truck is parked, Matt dismounts
Jan 12 17:51:04 <jedifan> Phelan gets out and does a quick stretch.
Jan 12 17:51:09 <Echo> It might have been nice at one point, but the place is wholly overgrown in tall grass and ivy. The remnants of what look like an emergency shelter are covered by creepers in the middle of the lot.
Jan 12 17:51:43 <Tox> Cana dismounts. "…Interesting place."
Jan 12 17:52:00 <Echo> Perception.
Jan 12 17:52:04 <Puppetmaster> 4df+3
Jan 12 17:52:06 <CROM> Puppetmaster: 3 (4df+3=0, 0, 0, 0)
Jan 12 17:52:14 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3 Matt press-checks his rifle "Lotta shit overgrown. We're gonna head on foot up to where we hit the barricade before"
Jan 12 17:52:14 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: Matt press-checks his rifle "Lotta shit overgrown. We're gonna head on foot up to where we hit the barricade before": 4 (4df+3=-, +, 0, +)
Jan 12 17:52:16 <Maddy> 4df+3 eyes
Jan 12 17:52:17 <CROM> Maddy: eyes: 3 (4df+3=0, +, 0, -)
Jan 12 17:52:18 <jedifan> 4df3
Jan 12 17:52:18 <MonkeyBomb> Brock and Ace hop off. He checks his conveniently still-working wristwatch. (Bets $50 he's ever spent.) "We got a few hours before sunset. Let's get a move on."
Jan 12 17:52:23 <jedifan> 4df+3
Jan 12 17:52:24 <CROM> jedifan: 4 (4df+3=+, +, -, 0)
Jan 12 17:52:26 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3 Brock
Jan 12 17:52:26 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: Brock: 4 (4df+3=0, +, 0, 0)
Jan 12 17:52:41 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+4 Ace [Survival: Wilderness]
Jan 12 17:52:41 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: Ace [Survival: Wilderness]: 5 (4df+4=+, 0, +, -)
Jan 12 17:52:45 <Tox> 4df+3 SIGHT BEYOND SIGHT
Jan 12 17:52:46 <CROM> Tox: SIGHT BEYOND SIGHT: 4 (4df+3=0, +, -, +)
Jan 12 17:54:19 <Echo> All of you notice… there's more than two sets of tracks here. The one from the other day, just about where Matt said they parked before, and another set. Wider tires, set farther apart. These are recent. Made today, probably.
Jan 12 17:54:47 <Tox> "Guys…see that?" Cana points at the wider tracks.
Jan 12 17:54:53 <PaulS_laptop> "Yup"
Jan 12 17:54:53 <MonkeyBomb> "Yep."
Jan 12 17:55:10 <PaulS_laptop> "Pretty fresh, too. They weren't here yesterday"
Jan 12 17:55:10 <Maddy> "Mhm. Lets get moving, its getting late"
Jan 12 17:55:24 <Tox> "Wider tire marks, bigger chassis. Could be an industrial vehicle."
Jan 12 17:55:39 <Arag> 4df+3 Eyes for real
Jan 12 17:55:40 <CROM> Arag: Eyes for real: 3 (4df+3=0, 0, 0, 0)
Jan 12 17:55:55 <PaulS_laptop> "Industrial or military. Prob. military. We should get going"
Jan 12 17:56:00 <jedifan> "Should we leave someone with the truck?"
Jan 12 17:56:11 <PaulS_laptop> Matt waves Brock on
Jan 12 17:56:13 <Arag> "I don't think we'll have to."
Jan 12 17:56:24 <Tox> "Probably not a terrible idea, seeing as we know they have eyes on where you were before."
Jan 12 17:56:39 <PaulS_laptop> "We ain't exactly gotta lot of people"
Jan 12 17:56:51 <PaulS_laptop> "splitting the group cuts us thinner"
Jan 12 17:57:03 <Tox> "True."
Jan 12 17:57:11 <MonkeyBomb> Brock starts heading towards wherever the roadblock was. "Yeah, let's stick together. C'mon, Ace."
Jan 12 17:57:39 <PaulS_laptop> Matt heads out with Brock, taking the lead. Heading down Trevor, turning on Suffolk
Jan 12 17:57:55 <Tox> Cana follows along.
Jan 12 17:58:03 <Arag> John goes.
Jan 12 17:58:05 <PaulS_laptop> "We'll take suffolk to dobson, which'll take us to what we saw before"
Jan 12 17:58:06 <jedifan> Phelan follows keeping his eyes open for any signs of people.
Jan 12 17:58:22 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3 perception. See and hear things!
Jan 12 17:58:22 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: perception. See and hear things!: 3 (4df+3=0, +, 0, -)
Jan 12 17:58:52 <Maddy> "Guys the military isn't gonna shoot us. I just wanna rush cause /lizard people/"
Jan 12 17:58:56 <Echo> There's a scrabbling sound from between a couple houses behind them as the make the corner on Suffolk.
Jan 12 17:59:24 <Puppetmaster> "Like that."
Jan 12 17:59:33 <PaulS_laptop> "Military vics don't mean-shh," he points in that direction
Jan 12 17:59:37 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+4 Ace is aware…
Jan 12 17:59:38 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: Ace is aware…: 3 (4df+4=-, -, +, 0)
Jan 12 17:59:38 <Echo> The dog from the other day runs out toward them, coming in about thirty paces behind the group. It sits in the middle of the road, staring at them.
Jan 12 17:59:58 <Arag> "Oh look."
Jan 12 18:00:05 <Tox> Cana pauses briefly as the dog runs out.
Jan 12 18:00:09 <Puppetmaster> "Hey Jani, didn't you say they were shapeshifters?"
Jan 12 18:00:10 <Tox> "Mm."
Jan 12 18:00:21 <Echo> Tan colored border collie. He's certainly not hard up for food.
Jan 12 18:00:30 <Maddy> "Aledgedly."
Jan 12 18:00:36 <MonkeyBomb> "…"
Jan 12 18:00:38 <Maddy> "Who knows how much of that shit's true."
Jan 12 18:00:38 <PaulS_laptop> "He's certainly eating well"
Jan 12 18:00:47 <Tox> "Dog's eating pretty well," Cana notes. "Isn't this place hardscrabble?"
Jan 12 18:00:59 <PaulS_laptop> "There's a lotta shit left in the houses"
Jan 12 18:01:22 <Tox> "Just left out where a dog can get to it?"
Jan 12 18:01:35 <PaulS_laptop> "We should keep going. If he follows us, that's no bigdeal. if it's a taniwha, we'll find out and deal with it"
Jan 12 18:01:43 <PaulS_laptop> "Dogs get pretty creative"
Jan 12 18:01:47 <Echo> The dog doesn't appear to be carrying anything resembling a can opener.
Jan 12 18:02:10 <Tox> Cana's eyes narrow slightly.
Jan 12 18:02:21 <Maddy> "Jsut keep an eye on it. Let's go."
Jan 12 18:02:24 <Arag> "Yeah, I don't like that."
Jan 12 18:02:25 <MonkeyBomb> Brock resumes walking. Ace watches the dog as he reluctantly follows Brock.
Jan 12 18:03:10 <Tox> Cana slowly starts off after the group, walking backwards to keep an eye on the dog and its behavior.
Jan 12 18:03:28 <Echo> It stays sitting where it plopped down earlier, watching them walk away.
Jan 12 18:04:06 <Tox> "….Guys."
Jan 12 18:04:16 <Arag> "Yeah?"
Jan 12 18:04:26 <Puppetmaster> "Yeah, it's probably one of them."
Jan 12 18:04:31 <Tox> Cana sidesteps to the left, relative to the group.
Jan 12 18:04:38 <Puppetmaster> "Stop paying attention to it."
Jan 12 18:04:47 <jedifan> "One of whom?"
Jan 12 18:05:02 <Puppetmaster> "It's either a scout or a distraction."
Jan 12 18:05:07 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3 Matt leads on, continuing to scout
Jan 12 18:05:07 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: Matt leads on, continuing to scout: 4 (4df+3=0, +, 0, 0)
Jan 12 18:05:18 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3 Brock
Jan 12 18:05:19 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: Brock: 4 (4df+3=-, +, 0, +)
Jan 12 18:06:33 <Maddy> "Taniwha, Phelam. Lizard folk. Some are nice and some are not."
Jan 12 18:06:41 <Maddy> "But folklore says they can shapeshift."
Jan 12 18:06:52 <Arag> "Then lets not shoot at it."
Jan 12 18:07:08 <Puppetmaster> "So just ignore it."
Jan 12 18:07:18 <Tox> "He's specifically interested in /me./"
Jan 12 18:07:29 <Maddy> "What makes you say that?"
Jan 12 18:07:43 <PaulS_laptop> "Well, if he follows, then we'll deal with it as it happens"
Jan 12 18:08:08 <Tox> Cana rejoins the group. "Fucker was watching me. /Only/ me. His head tracked me when I stepped away; I can only assume he caught on to the fact I know he's watching me."
Jan 12 18:08:30 <Tox> He's still back-walking, keeping an eye on the dog.
Jan 12 18:08:49 <Arag> "Okay."
Jan 12 18:09:02 <Puppetmaster> "Well maybe it's because you're staring at him."
Jan 12 18:09:13 <PaulS_laptop> "Guys, come on"
Jan 12 18:09:29 <Echo> They reach the end of Suffolk Street., hitting a T-intersection on Willow.
Jan 12 18:09:31 <jedifan> Phelan just keeps following."
Jan 12 18:09:33 <Tox> "Mm-mm. Doesn't track; he was watching me before I stepped aside."
Jan 12 18:09:41 <Puppetmaster> "Ignore it for now."
Jan 12 18:09:52 <Echo> The dog's still sitting all the way down at the end of the road.
Jan 12 18:10:10 <PaulS_laptop> Matt continues leading onwards up Suffolk and onto Chalmers, waiting for the others to join back up
Jan 12 18:10:21 <jedifan> "Does it really matter if it is or isn't a taniwha? If it is, we hopefully can talk with it. If it isn't its just a dog."
Jan 12 18:10:23 <Maddy> Jani goe along.
Jan 12 18:10:39 <MonkeyBomb> Brock keeps a move on.
Jan 12 18:10:49 <Tox> Cana suppresses a shudder. "Healthy paranoia isn't a bad thing. And I could /feel/ it staring me down."
Jan 12 18:10:49 <Puppetmaster> Lilin never stopped walking, so there's no catching up to be done.
Jan 12 18:10:56 <PaulS_laptop> "Up the next road is the first roadblock. Hopefully it's unmanned"Jan 12 18:11:12 <PaulS_laptop> Matt and Brock lead onwards to Dobson
Jan 12 18:11:13 <Arag> "Eh, if it's manned, we still get our contat."
Jan 12 18:11:15 <Puppetmaster> "But there's nothing we can /do/ about that, is there?"
Jan 12 18:12:36 <Tox> "Well, it decided to head off towards the truck."
Jan 12 18:13:15 <PaulS_laptop> "Well, if it can hotwire a truck, it's probablysmarter than most of us"
Jan 12 18:13:22 <Tox> Cana turns back around and heads off with the group.
Jan 12 18:14:02 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3 dobson st. Let's see what the deal is with the barricade before we get to it
Jan 12 18:14:03 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: dobson st. Let's see what the deal is with the barricade before we get to it: 5 (4df+3=+, +, +, -)
Jan 12 18:14:48 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3 I'm only rolling 'cause Brock and Matt are taking point…
Jan 12 18:14:48 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: I'm only rolling 'cause Brock and Matt are taking point…: 2 (4df+3=-, +, 0, -)
Jan 12 18:15:05 <Echo> Matt reaches the 4-way at Dobson. The antivehicle barricades are just northeast. They run in a few "layers." A few spike strips here and there that look melted into the asphalt on the ends. Caltrops with the ends pounded in. A few scorch marks can be seen around where the nails are driver. Probably heated before they were installed.
Jan 12 18:15:40 <Echo> Behind those, heavier multi-ton ones sit around, a few of them interlocked. These look to be made of sections of I-beams welded together.
Jan 12 18:16:05 <Tox> Cana surveys the makeshift barricade. "Jesus. Someone wanted to block this road off.
Jan 12 18:16:12 <Echo> Wouldn't be able to get through here without going through yards and driving straight through houses.
Jan 12 18:16:25 <PaulS_laptop> "Frank said they were like this on every street leading up this way"
Jan 12 18:16:33 <jedifan> "Well, this certainly looks … welcoming. Hope someone is home to talk to us."
Jan 12 18:17:18 <PaulS_laptop> "Now you see why I wanted to walk up"
Jan 12 18:17:28 <Maddy> "Hmmm,"
Jan 12 18:17:43 <MonkeyBomb> "What do you think?" Brock asks Matt.
Jan 12 18:18:12 <PaulS_laptop> "I think we keep on going. We saw a patrol, we can probably work something out. We should take it real slow though"
Jan 12 18:18:24 <PaulS_laptop> "Pay a lotta attention on the way up"
Jan 12 18:18:44 <Arag> "Alright."
Jan 12 18:18:46 <MonkeyBomb> He nods.
Jan 12 18:18:48 <Tox> "Yeah." Cana follows the group as they move.
Jan 12 18:19:13 <PaulS_laptop> Matt moves up, navigating the anti-vehicle barricade and trying to avoid stepping on an caltrops
Jan 12 18:19:21 <Echo> Past the anti-vehicle barricades… the houses they can see are basically gutted.
Jan 12 18:19:55 <Echo> Frames and foundations stand, but it looks like just about every usable piece of lumber, metal, or plywood has been ripped from its pinnings.
Jan 12 18:20:08 <Arag> "That's efficent."
Jan 12 18:20:24 <Tox> "And a little morbid."
Jan 12 18:20:25 <PaulS_laptop> "They've probably been here a while, to get this much done"
Jan 12 18:20:57 <jedifan> "Yeah, that kind of scavenge takes time."
Jan 12 18:21:10 <Echo> It looks like this for a few blocks in each direction, near as they can tell by glances through, around, and past the standing frames.
Jan 12 18:21:18 <PaulS_laptop> Matt moves up. His stride slows down some and he keeps looking around more
Jan 12 18:21:19 <MonkeyBomb> Brock doesn't talk, but keeps his eyes peeled. He glances at Ace every so often to see how the dog is reacting.
Jan 12 18:21:35 <Maddy> Jani whistles a jaunty tune.
Jan 12 18:21:47 <Echo> No vehicles in here either. Ace seems pretty calm about things. Doesn't seem upset at any rate.
Jan 12 18:21:51 <PaulS_laptop> Matt looks back at her
Jan 12 18:22:05 <Arag> John glares at Jani.
Jan 12 18:22:14 <MonkeyBomb> Ace looks around at the source of the noise.
Jan 12 18:23:15 <Echo> The anti-personnel barricades are farther up, just like Matt said. A wall of sheet metal, rolled tin, baling wire, and just about everything in between running amidst and through houses in a line down the yards, starting just before the intersection.
Jan 12 18:23:49 <PaulS_laptop> "This is up by wher frank said he saw the patrol"
Jan 12 18:23:54 <Tox> Cana whistles. "So…we have to pick our way through this shit?"
Jan 12 18:23:58 <Echo> Bunrt-out trucks with tires melted to the asphalt block the streets.
Jan 12 18:24:06 <Arag> "Hmmm. There's gotta be another way."
Jan 12 18:24:16 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+5 burning an AP for Cows Around. He's paying a LOT of attention now
Jan 12 18:24:17 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: burning an AP for Cows Around. He's paying a LOT of attention now: 4 (4df+5=-, -, +, 0)
Jan 12 18:24:25 <Arag> "They have to have a way to move out scav parties."
Jan 12 18:24:34 <Arag> "And, ya know, back in."
Jan 12 18:24:37 <jedifan> "Well, we are here to meet people. We could just call out."
Jan 12 18:25:03 <MonkeyBomb> "With giant lizard things running around at night? I'd prefer we didn't…"
Jan 12 18:25:07 <PaulS_laptop> "And get shot."
Jan 12 18:25:12 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3 Eyes and ears.
Jan 12 18:25:13 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: Eyes and ears.: 3 (4df+3=0, 0, 0, 0)
Jan 12 18:25:33 <Arag> 4df+3 Generic sense ability.
Jan 12 18:25:33 <CROM> Arag: Generic sense ability.: 2 (4df+3=-, -, 0, +)
Jan 12 18:25:51 <PaulS_laptop> Matt ducks off the road and behind a skeleton building
Jan 12 18:25:57 <PaulS_laptop> waving everybody off the road
Jan 12 18:26:07 <PaulS_laptop> "Engine."
Jan 12 18:26:19 <Arag> John goes to hide.
Jan 12 18:26:19 <MonkeyBomb> Brock nods. "Yeah."
Jan 12 18:26:27 <Tox> Cana slinks off the road.
Jan 12 18:26:30 <jedifan> Phelan gets off the road.
Jan 12 18:26:45 <Maddy> Jani steps off the side of the road. "Why are we hiding? I thought we were hear to talk to people."
Jan 12 18:26:57 <PaulS_laptop> "I'd rather it be on our terms"
Jan 12 18:27:02 <PaulS_laptop> "not theirs"
Jan 12 18:27:27 <MonkeyBomb> Brock leads Ace behind a house, presumably the same one Matt's behind.
Jan 12 18:27:32 <Puppetmaster> "Yeah." Lilin stands by Jani. "Come on, /I/ agree with her on this."
Jan 12 18:27:51 <jedifan> Phelan isn't hiding, he's just off the road.
Jan 12 18:27:58 <Maddy> "Yeah cause skulking around when there are lizard folk around is gonna go over real well." Jani doesnt hide.
Jan 12 18:28:05 <Tox> "If we just stand in the middle of the street, they can shoot us before getting in range to talk."
Jan 12 18:28:21 <Puppetmaster> Lilin doesn't hide.
Jan 12 18:28:22 <PaulS_laptop> "I'd rather know in advance what they are, and how much they intend to kill us first"
Jan 12 18:28:38 <Echo> The sound of a diesel engine idling is berely audible, off to the north, past the barricades.
Jan 12 18:28:39 <MonkeyBomb> "What he said."
Jan 12 18:28:42 <Puppetmaster> "One way to found out that last bit."
Jan 12 18:28:43 <Maddy> "I'm on the sidewalk."
Jan 12 18:29:07 <MonkeyBomb> Brock shakes his head.
Jan 12 18:29:34 <PaulS_laptop> Matt is on the right side of the road, and waves them onwards up towards the highway, trying to keep concealed in the gutted houses
Jan 12 18:29:35 <Echo> The sounds gets closer and closer, until it seems like it might be just on the other side of the barricade, then shuts off.
Jan 12 18:29:42 <PaulS_laptop> He stops
Jan 12 18:29:54 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3 perc maneuver
Jan 12 18:29:55 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: perc maneuver: 3 (4df+3=-, +, -, +)
Jan 12 18:29:59 <MonkeyBomb> Brock grabs Ace's collar.
Jan 12 18:30:02 <Puppetmaster> Even if they /are psychotic bandits, Lilin's sure as fuck not letting Jani deal with them by herself.
Jan 12 18:30:15 <Tox> Cana had been moving, then stops when the engine shuts off, repositioning himself slightly where he ended up.
Jan 12 18:30:45 <jedifan> Phelan cautiously heads in the direction of the engine's last sound.
Jan 12 18:30:53 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3 perc maneuver as well, because it makes sense. He wants to see who these people are before they see him.
Jan 12 18:30:54 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: perc maneuver as well, because it makes sense. He wants to see who these people are before they see him.: 4 (4df+3=0, -, +, +)
Jan 12 18:30:57 <Puppetmaster> Lilin follows Jani.
Jan 12 18:31:15 <Puppetmaster> 4df+3 As long as we're making perc checks…
Jan 12 18:31:16 <CROM> Puppetmaster: As long as we're making perc checks…: 2 (4df+3=-, 0, 0, 0)
Jan 12 18:31:24 <Echo> Just up the center of the street, past the barricade Phelan. Dead center of the street on the other side.
Jan 12 18:31:57 <jedifan> 4df+3 anybody around?
Jan 12 18:31:58 <CROM> jedifan: anybody around?: 1 (4df+3=0, 0, -, -)
Jan 12 18:32:01 <Echo> There are several loud, echoing crashes against the metal barricades on the streets adjacent.
Jan 12 18:32:13 <Echo> Either side of the group.
Jan 12 18:32:25 <PaulS_laptop> "That's…not a good thing"
Jan 12 18:32:32 <Arag> "No."
Jan 12 18:32:33 <Tox> 4df+3 PRC maneuver, oh /shit/
Jan 12 18:32:34 <CROM> Tox: PRC maneuver, oh /shit/: 2 (4df+3=0, -, -, +)
Jan 12 18:32:36 <Tox> nawp
Jan 12 18:32:42 <jedifan> Phelan looks for a place to hide
Jan 12 18:32:50 <Tox> Cana stays put.
Jan 12 18:33:11 <Puppetmaster> Okay, /now/ Lilin hides.
Jan 12 18:33:20 <Puppetmaster> 4df+4 Fieldcraft.
Jan 12 18:33:21 <CROM> Puppetmaster: Fieldcraft.: 7 (4df+4=+, 0, +, +)
Jan 12 18:33:45 <Echo> Lilin can hide just about any facking where she wants. Describe it.
Jan 12 18:34:04 <Puppetmaster> She gets in a position she can snipe a bitch from and gets out her bow.
Jan 12 18:34:14 <Puppetmaster> And one of the shittier arrows.
Jan 12 18:34:31 <Echo> Perception, from each of you.
Jan 12 18:34:35 <Maddy> 4df+3
Jan 12 18:34:36 <CROM> Maddy: 5 (4df+3=+, 0, 0, +)
Jan 12 18:34:39 <Arag> 4df+3
Jan 12 18:34:40 <CROM> Arag: 5 (4df+3=0, +, +, 0)
Jan 12 18:34:42 <PaulS_laptop> Matt has the rifle at low ready
Jan 12 18:34:44 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3
Jan 12 18:34:45 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: 3 (4df+3=-, +, -, +)
Jan 12 18:35:04 <Puppetmaster> 4df+3
Jan 12 18:35:05 <jedifan> 4df+3
Jan 12 18:35:05 <CROM> Puppetmaster: 3 (4df+3=-, +, +, -)
Jan 12 18:35:06 <CROM> jedifan: 2 (4df+3=0, 0, -, 0)
Jan 12 18:35:14 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3
Jan 12 18:35:14 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: 3 (4df+3=-, 0, +, 0)
Jan 12 18:35:16 <Tox> 4df+3 whee
Jan 12 18:35:17 <CROM> Tox: whee: 4 (4df+3=0, +, -, +)
Jan 12 18:35:45 <Echo> Jani's the first to hear the sounds of boots on pavement and the sounds of movement off to the left and right of the group. The others pick it up moments later. Through houses, in houses, behind houses
Jan 12 18:36:08 <PaulS_laptop> "That's…a lotta people"
Jan 12 18:36:19 <jedifan> "I hope their friendly
Jan 12 18:36:20 <jedifan> ."
Jan 12 18:36:23 <Tox> Cana slowly pulls his weapon out, flexing his hands on the grip."
Jan 12 18:36:33 <Puppetmaster> Lilin's the patron goddess of stealth, though. So it's cool.
Jan 12 18:36:59 <Maddy> Jani stands her ground.
Jan 12 18:37:11 <Arag> John waits for Jani to get herself shot.
Jan 12 18:37:31 <PaulS_laptop> Matt is trying to see any of them
Jan 12 18:37:31 <Echo> A bullhorn cuts through their whispers and the quiet of the evening. "I would advise none of you to do anything rash." An older gentleman. New Zealander. A tone that's clipped, almost posh, if it weren't so… well, Kiwi.
Jan 12 18:37:54 <MonkeyBomb> "…."
Jan 12 18:38:00 <Maddy> "Kia ora, cuz. Not planning on doing anything."
Jan 12 18:38:01 <Tox> "'Rash' isn't exactly in my playbook right now," Cana calls back.
Jan 12 18:38:09 <jedifan> Phelan tries to spot were the voice is coming from.
Jan 12 18:38:09 <Puppetmaster> Lilin looks behind her.
Jan 12 18:38:18 <Maddy> "Shut up." Jani calls back at Cana.
Jan 12 18:38:58 <PaulS_laptop> Matt glares at cana
Jan 12 18:39:01 <MonkeyBomb> Brock remains (hopefully) out of sight. He has a hand on his rifle, waiting to see what's about to go down.
Jan 12 18:39:02 <Echo> "That's good to hear, because this is the second time in almost as many days that you've come wandering up this way. I have to admit to some curiosity as to *why* exactly."
Jan 12 18:39:20 <PaulS_laptop> Matt stands up
Jan 12 18:39:25 <Maddy> "The first time, food. This time, to find you."
Jan 12 18:39:36 <Echo> The bullhorn's doing all the work for whoever the man is behind the mic. He's not shouting. Could have plucked him up from dinner, the way things sound.
Jan 12 18:39:38 <jedifan> Phelan gets onto the road, "Just curious to meet the neighbors."
Jan 12 18:39:55 <Maddy> "Shhh."
Jan 12 18:39:56 <Echo> "Neighbors! From *where*."
Jan 12 18:40:10 <Puppetmaster> Lilin's still hiding, because this is sketchy as fuck.
Jan 12 18:40:10 <PaulS_laptop> "Saw that chopper crash?"
Jan 12 18:40:18 <Arag> John gets out in the open.
Jan 12 18:40:25 <Maddy> "Oh for…" Jani mumbles to herself.
Jan 12 18:40:25 <PaulS_laptop> "That was us"
Jan 12 18:40:33 <Tox> Cana holsters his weapon, but doesn't moev.
Jan 12 18:40:35 <Tox> *move
Jan 12 18:40:36 <Maddy> "Yeah ok, whatever. You guys talk."
Jan 12 18:40:38 <Echo> The sounds of the diesel engine comes alive again, idles a few seconds.
Jan 12 18:41:02 <jedifan> "We don't actually know much about what is going on in the area around here."
Jan 12 18:41:05 <Echo> There's a tapping sound.against the barricade, the sound of metal stressing a little. "THAT'S FAR ENOUGH. NO."
Jan 12 18:41:13 <Echo> A different voice, lower to the ground.
Jan 12 18:41:18 <Echo> "Sorry!" Another.
Jan 12 18:41:32 <Arag> "Wasn't coming any closer then she was."
Jan 12 18:42:27 <jedifan> "Any chance we could hold this conversation at shorter than yelling distance?"
Jan 12 18:42:55 <Maddy> Jani throws her hands up.
Jan 12 18:43:42 <Echo> A helmeted head pops over the barricade. Hard to make out features in the dying light. "Perhaps this'll help. I'd advise you all again to not do anything untoward. You're pretty well surrounded right now, and we'd hate to waste the ammunition."
Jan 12 18:43:45 <Puppetmaster> Lilin facepalms.
Jan 12 18:44:08 <Echo> "Now…"
Jan 12 18:44:38 <Echo> "If you'd all come out, this could be conducted a lot more easily."
Jan 12 18:45:10 <MonkeyBomb> Brock reluctantly makes his way to the sidewalk, Ace following closely. There's no way out of this.
Jan 12 18:45:12 <Tox> Cana looks left and right, then shrugs and emerges from his hiding spot.
Jan 12 18:45:30 <PaulS_laptop> Matt's already standing and fairly obvious now
Jan 12 18:45:51 <Echo> "One…" he looks right at Jani. "Two…" at Brock, "Three…" Matt, "Four…" Cana.
Jan 12 18:46:19 <Arag> "Five?" John is right out there.
Jan 12 18:46:39 <Echo> "You can count as well. Excellent."
Jan 12 18:46:44 <Puppetmaster> Lilin takes this opportunity to put the bow away.
Jan 12 18:47:08 <Arag> "Thank you, it's nice to get the appreciation for the simple things."
Jan 12 18:47:25 <Puppetmaster> Unfortunately, muthafucka has the power of maths. Lilin drops from a window.
Jan 12 18:47:43 <Puppetmaster> There's almost no chance anyone would've seen her.
Jan 12 18:47:49 <Echo> "Now… one of you mentioned finding us. We're not that hard to find." He claps his hands down on top of the barricade. "And there's number six."
Jan 12 18:48:10 <Echo> "So that leaves us with the why of it. Please, go ahead."
Jan 12 18:48:21 <PaulS_laptop> Matt looks over to Jani
Jan 12 18:48:34 <MonkeyBomb> Brock whispers to nobody in particular. "Hope these guys aren't cannibals."
Jan 12 18:48:47 <jedifan> "Well, like I said earlier, we just wanted to meet with whoever was here."
Jan 12 18:49:12 <jedifan> "Sorry if we were a little suspicious, but we did just recently survive a helicopter crash."
Jan 12 18:49:40 <Echo> "And here we are, meeting."
Jan 12 18:49:48 <Puppetmaster> ~STOP GIVING AWAY OUR LOCATION. PLEASE.~
Jan 12 18:50:29 <Arag> "We were, from my knowledge, trying to assure that you weren't openly hostile. And given that we haven't been gunned down yet…"
Jan 12 18:50:44 <jedifan> "We don't know much about what is going on around here, and were hoping to set up friendly relations with whoever lives around here."
Jan 12 18:50:53 <Echo> The man atop the wall stares at Lilin.
Jan 12 18:51:10 <Maddy> "Alright, everyone just shut up." Jani scowls. "Mostly, we're looking to have a better place to stay than where we are now, and we're not into just moving into someone neighbourhood without asking."
Jan 12 18:51:15 <MonkeyBomb> Brock slings his rifle across his back.
Jan 12 18:51:16 <Puppetmaster> Lilin returns in kind.
Jan 12 18:51:29 <Puppetmaster> She's not holding any weapons.
Jan 12 18:52:26 <Echo> His gaze turns to the redheaded fellow Kiwi. "There's no room at the inn, as it were. We don't quite just take in outsiders. As you could imagine, it's caused problems before."
Jan 12 18:52:56 <Maddy> "That's fine, we could stay over the river and away from you."
Jan 12 18:53:13 <Puppetmaster> Lilin keeps looking at him, watching the hands.
Jan 12 18:53:34 <Tox> Cana lets other people do the talking.
Jan 12 18:53:40 <Maddy> "The city's big, we're only a handfull of people."
Jan 12 18:53:54 <jedifan> "Any info on nearby threats would also be appreciated, if you wouldn't mind."
Jan 12 18:54:14 <Echo> "D'you mean down in Tinwald?"
Jan 12 18:54:22 <Maddy> "Christ is everyone this rude where you're from?" she says to Phelan. "Yeah."
Jan 12 18:55:42 <Maddy> "We really just want something a little more sturdy to sit in. We have some younger folks with us, and some older. What we have now doesn't make use feel safe about their protection."
Jan 12 18:55:48 <Echo> "There's not *much* standing there. We've pretty much had our way with the place. Couldn't be more than a few dozen houses standing. Might as well just keep looking." He looks back to Phelan. "Haven't you seen the signs? We put signs up."
Jan 12 18:56:21 <Tox> "Is this about that 'taniwha' I've heard about?" Cana pipes up.
Jan 12 18:56:36 <Tox> He sounds unsure of the pronunciation.
Jan 12 18:56:38 <jedifan> "I don't remember any signs from what i saw?"
Jan 12 18:56:58 <Echo> "Call it what you want. They're damn dangerous."
Jan 12 18:57:28 <Maddy> "Do you know where we could go?"
Jan 12 18:59:30 <Maddy> "I can't imagine there's anyting we have you'd want so trade is probably right out."
Jan 12 18:59:38 <Echo> "Unless you felt like squatting in that heap across the river, I couldn't hope to tell you."
Jan 12 19:00:13 <Maddy> "I tell you, it's still probably better, what with the water and all."
Jan 12 19:01:07 <Echo> "Long as you stay away from here, I couldn't give a damn."
Jan 12 19:02:30 <Maddy> "Alright. We'll be on our way then. Good luck with the taniwha, and keep safe, cuz."
Jan 12 19:03:22 <Echo> "If that's all… we'll be getting back inside."
Jan 12 19:03:40 <Maddy> "Haere ra." she nods.
Jan 12 19:04:25 <Echo> More sounds of people moving in the houses past them can be heard as the Ashburtons withdraw, followed by more clattering of the barricades.
Jan 12 19:04:41 <Maddy> Jani starts to head back to the truck.
Jan 12 19:04:47 <Echo> The man with the helmet on dips back down behind it as the diesel engine fires back up.
Jan 12 19:05:47 <jedifan> "Soooo, back to home?"
Jan 12 19:05:59 <PaulS_laptop> "Yeah"
Jan 12 19:06:07 <Echo> Jani's already started off on her own. Jani, perception.
Jan 12 19:06:20 * Roget is now known as Roget|Dogtime
Jan 12 19:06:23 <Maddy> 4df+3 I hope this is actually my percep, I havent even looked
Jan 12 19:06:25 <CROM> Maddy: I hope this is actually my percep, I havent even looked: 2 (4df+3=0, -, +, -)
Jan 12 19:06:28 <Puppetmaster> Lilin starts back with Jani.
Jan 12 19:06:32 <jedifan> Phelan heads back to the truck.
Jan 12 19:06:37 <Tox> Cana starts back.
Jan 12 19:06:47 <MonkeyBomb> Brock starts moving his legs. Ace follows.
Jan 12 19:06:54 <PaulS_laptop> Matt heads back. Paying attention to possible taniwha
Jan 12 19:07:05 <Echo> A gust of wind kicks up as they leave.
Jan 12 19:07:28 <jedifan> 4df+3
Jan 12 19:07:29 <CROM> jedifan: 0 (4df+3=-, 0, -, -)
Jan 12 19:07:41 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3
Jan 12 19:07:42 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: 2 (4df+3=+, 0, -, -)
Jan 12 19:07:46 <Maddy> "We could always check out Tinwald, see how fucked it actually is then- what's that smell…." she looks around.
Jan 12 19:07:58 <Puppetmaster> 4df+3 Yep.
Jan 12 19:07:59 <Tox> "Something up?" Cana sniffs.
Jan 12 19:07:59 <CROM> Puppetmaster: Yep.: 2 (4df+3=-, +, 0, -)
Jan 12 19:08:04 <Tox> 4df+3 prc go go go
Jan 12 19:08:05 <CROM> Tox: prc go go go: 2 (4df+3=+, -, -, 0)
Jan 12 19:08:09 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3 I guess we're all rolling perception now.
Jan 12 19:08:10 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: I guess we're all rolling perception now.: 3 (4df+3=-, +, +, -)
Jan 12 19:08:12 <Arag> 4df+3 Perc perc mc percerson.
Jan 12 19:08:13 <CROM> Arag: Perc perc mc percerson.: 3 (4df+3=+, -, +, -)
Jan 12 19:08:36 <Maddy> "Something dead."
Jan 12 19:09:07 <Tox> "Oh, that's not good." Which way is the wind blowing?
Jan 12 19:09:11 <Puppetmaster> "That's lovely."
Jan 12 19:09:32 <MonkeyBomb> "…….." Brock remembers the thing in the refrigerator the other day. No idea if this is related, but it does a good job of reminding him.
Jan 12 19:09:39 <Echo> The rest of you can smell it as well. John, it's coming from over by that little one-story house there, on the corner of Suffolk.
Jan 12 19:09:45 <Echo> This isn't rotting food…
Jan 12 19:09:47 <Maddy> "Whatever, doesn't matter, let's just keep going."
Jan 12 19:09:52 <Echo> This is something *dead*.
Jan 12 19:09:55 <Arag> "It's come from that house over there."
Jan 12 19:09:58 <PaulS_laptop> "That's not a good smell."
Jan 12 19:09:59 <Arag> "It's not food, either."
Jan 12 19:10:07 <PaulS_laptop> "I vvote we check it out"
Jan 12 19:10:12 <MonkeyBomb> "Yeeeeeep."
Jan 12 19:10:21 <Puppetmaster> Lilin gets out her bow. "I'll go first, I'm quietest."
Jan 12 19:10:39 <Tox> "Ugh." Cana snorts. "Wait a second…this is the same way we came. Why didn't we smell it before?"
Jan 12 19:10:44 <MonkeyBomb> "I got your back." He pulls out his rifle. Ace's nose is on overdrive.
Jan 12 19:11:05 <Puppetmaster> "Because either the dog is dead or the dog killed something or it's a magic trap." Lilin shuts up and moves in.
Jan 12 19:11:12 <Puppetmaster> 4df+4 You see motherfucking nothing.
Jan 12 19:11:13 <CROM> Puppetmaster: You see motherfucking nothing.: 3 (4df+4=0, -, +, -)
Jan 12 19:11:20 <Puppetmaster> Damnit bot.
Jan 12 19:11:22 <PaulS_laptop> "The wind picked up"
Jan 12 19:11:41 <PaulS_laptop> Matt continues to sneak
Jan 12 19:11:53 <Tox> Cana moves closer, weapon back out.
Jan 12 19:11:58 <Puppetmaster> Lilin heads straight into that house, not wasting any time.
Jan 12 19:12:11 <Maddy> Jani stays where she is, and watches the other go.
Jan 12 19:12:16 <Puppetmaster> She nocks an arrow, but gets out her pistol.
Jan 12 19:12:20 <MonkeyBomb> Brock glances at his watch. Still about 2 hours until sunset, if his player's research and timing are correct. "Whoa, whoa, whoa… Why are we going *towards* the smell of death?"
Jan 12 19:12:31 <Maddy> "Because they're eggs."
Jan 12 19:12:35 <Puppetmaster> Lilin puts a fucking finger to her lips.
Jan 12 19:12:40 <PaulS_laptop> "Because I want to know what it is"
Jan 12 19:13:11 <Puppetmaster> Lilin looks disgusted, and rounds the corner, pistol up.
Jan 12 19:13:14 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+4 [Surv. Wilderness] Ace smells new smells.
Jan 12 19:13:15 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: [Surv. Wilderness] Ace smells new smells.: 3 (4df+4=0, 0, 0, -)
Jan 12 19:13:29 <Tox> "Eggs? Eggs of what?" Cana whispers.
Jan 12 19:13:40 <Maddy> "Eggs, dullards."
Jan 12 19:13:43 <Maddy> "Stupid."
Jan 12 19:13:53 <MonkeyBomb> "Lizard… eggs?" Brock ventures a guess?
Jan 12 19:13:57 <Echo> Nothing there, Lilin~
Jan 12 19:13:57 <MonkeyBomb> -?
Jan 12 19:14:06 <Maddy> "Oh my god you yanks drive me up a wall."
Jan 12 19:14:18 <Arag> "We didn't ask to be shot down."
Jan 12 19:14:21 <Echo> Ace isn't smelling a new smell.
Jan 12 19:14:32 <Puppetmaster> Lilin lowers the gun and comes back out.
Jan 12 19:14:34 <Echo> He runs off from Brock, toward where Lilin went.
Jan 12 19:14:35 <Puppetmaster> "Dog's dead."
Jan 12 19:14:54 <PaulS_laptop> "?"
Jan 12 19:15:08 <MonkeyBomb> "Oh shit." He whistles for Ace.
Jan 12 19:15:11 <Puppetmaster> "The dog from earlier. It's dead."
Jan 12 19:15:17 <MonkeyBomb> Quietly, of course.
Jan 12 19:15:20 <Echo> A few seconds later, he returns, hauling a dog's leg with a familiar-looking color of fur in his mouth.
Jan 12 19:15:27 <Arag> "How's it dead?"
Jan 12 19:15:31 <MonkeyBomb> Ace wags his tail.
Jan 12 19:15:37 <Maddy> Jani's still standing where she stopped, waiting for the people in the house.
Jan 12 19:15:39 <MonkeyBomb> "…"
Jan 12 19:15:51 <Tox> Cana's not in the house, but he freezes. "Hmm."
Jan 12 19:15:59 <Puppetmaster> "Decapitated, and most of its bits are gone."
Jan 12 19:16:13 <Puppetmaster> "And my guess is the shapeshifters are what they eat."
Jan 12 19:16:19 <Arag> "Weird."
Jan 12 19:16:52 <Puppetmaster> "So yes, that was a shapeshifter in the road, probably."
Jan 12 19:17:00 <Puppetmaster> "Which means they're watching us as we speak."
Jan 12 19:17:47 <MonkeyBomb> Brock tells Ace to drop it, which the dog does. He looks at the leg. Which dog did it belong to? Presumably the border collie from earlier?
Jan 12 19:18:05 <Echo> That would be an accurate presumption to make, it seems.
Jan 12 19:19:12 <Arag> "Probably."
Jan 12 19:19:48 <MonkeyBomb> "Where's all this… shapeshifting business coming from?" Either I'm slow, or they're talking about something Brock doesn't know about.
Jan 12 19:19:53 <Puppetmaster> "They've /probably/ been watching us since we got here," she starts moving, "which means we should fucking hustle."
Jan 12 19:20:02 <PaulS_laptop> "Maybe Benny's a shapeshifter?"
Jan 12 19:20:04 <Arag> "They'll be all over the truck."
Jan 12 19:20:10 <Puppetmaster> "The shapeshifting lizard people. Which we've been talking about."
Jan 12 19:20:10 <PaulS_laptop> "We can clear the truck"
Jan 12 19:20:19 <Puppetmaster> "Oh yeah, they will be."
Jan 12 19:20:24 <Puppetmaster> "But see, we have bullets."
Jan 12 19:20:28 <Arag> "If Benny is proven to be a shapeshifter I'm shooting him." John starts moving for the truck.
Jan 12 19:20:38 <Puppetmaster> "No argument here."
Jan 12 19:20:43 <Maddy> Jani stretches, standin round with Cana and maybe phelan
Jan 12 19:21:07 <jedifan> Phelan is in the truck waiting for everyone to head home.
Jan 12 19:21:14 <Arag> How did he get there?
Jan 12 19:21:19 <Puppetmaster> That.
Jan 12 19:21:21 <jedifan> walked
Jan 12 19:21:25 <Echo> Phelan wandered off on his own?
Jan 12 19:21:43 <Echo> When he reaches the truck, he'll find the hood's been ripped off.
Jan 12 19:22:16 <Puppetmaster> And when Lilin sees that… "Oh that's fucking wonderful isn't it."
Jan 12 19:22:33 <MonkeyBomb> "Leave it." Brock says firmly to Ace, who seems reluctant to leave the leg where it is. He gets moving, keeping an eye out for miniature godzillas. Ace follows. The leg stays behind.
Jan 12 19:22:35 <jedifan> "Fuck, I knew we should have had someone stay with it."
Jan 12 19:22:48 <Arag> John continues on for the truck.
Jan 12 19:23:02 <Echo> Several parts from the engine and various bits under the hood are scattered around the front.
Jan 12 19:23:07 <Maddy> I guess everyone gts to the truck then.
Jan 12 19:23:10 <MonkeyBomb> "Is the engine intact?" Brock peers over the hood. "Nope…"
Jan 12 19:23:14 <Puppetmaster> Lilin scans for nearby /assholes/.
Jan 12 19:23:19 <Puppetmaster> 4df+3
Jan 12 19:23:20 <CROM> Puppetmaster: 6 (4df+3=+, +, +, 0)
Jan 12 19:23:23 <Maddy> "Ok, well lets get walking then."
Jan 12 19:23:33 <Puppetmaster> "Yep. Might as well."
Jan 12 19:23:39 <Arag> John sighs.
Jan 12 19:23:57 <Puppetmaster> "By the way, everyone, get your guns out. If this isn't an ambush I don't know what is."
Jan 12 19:24:08 <MonkeyBomb> Brock already has his out.
Jan 12 19:24:11 <Maddy> "Yeah." Jani arms herself.
Jan 12 19:24:17 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3 perc maneuver
Jan 12 19:24:17 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: perc maneuver: 3 (4df+3=-, +, 0, 0)
Jan 12 19:24:31 <Echo> Maneuver to what and against what. Stop that.
Jan 12 19:24:49 <Puppetmaster> Lilin wasn't maneuvering, just scanning.
Jan 12 19:24:53 <PaulS_laptop> ranged, to get the drop on anything popping out
Jan 12 19:24:59 <Echo> Phelan is completely right.
Jan 12 19:25:11 <Maddy> "We going?"
Jan 12 19:25:30 <PaulS_laptop> "Oh god dammit"
Jan 12 19:25:37 <Puppetmaster> "There's no other way besides marching through the woods at night without any chance of backup."
Jan 12 19:25:50 <PaulS_laptop> "MMarrching down the road"
Jan 12 19:25:52 <Puppetmaster> "So let's /go/." Lilin doesn't like this situation.
Jan 12 19:25:55 <MonkeyBomb> Brock looks at Matt. "Didn't we find a car the other day? In one of the garages, back when we were scavenging?"
Jan 12 19:26:02 <Maddy> "I'm gonna start walking." She starts walking.
Jan 12 19:26:12 <jedifan> "Frankly, I'm tempted to just have us stay in the truck until morning."
Jan 12 19:26:21 <Puppetmaster> "That said now that you've said that they're sabotaging it." Lilin walks with Jani.
Jan 12 19:26:27 <Maddy> "How is that in anyway safe?"
Jan 12 19:26:30 <Puppetmaster> "To do /what/ Phelan?"
Jan 12 19:26:38 <PaulS_laptop> "That car was dead" Matt joins the walkers
Jan 12 19:26:42 <Puppetmaster> "Get our throats slit in our sleep?"
Jan 12 19:26:47 <PaulS_laptop> "We can't all fit in the truck anyway"
Jan 12 19:26:56 <jedifan> "We'd at least have some shelter until morning when we could take off in the light."
Jan 12 19:27:03 <PaulS_laptop> "Two of us would"
Jan 12 19:27:03 <Maddy> "It's a fucking flatbed."
Jan 12 19:27:08 <Arag> John walks along
Jan 12 19:27:13 <Maddy> Jani just keeps walking.
Jan 12 19:27:22 <PaulS_laptop> Matt is joining them
Jan 12 19:28:12 <jedifan> Phelan follows
Jan 12 19:28:30 <Tox> Cana's walking with the group, I s'pose.
Jan 12 19:28:55 <MonkeyBomb> Brock walks.
Jan 12 19:29:12 <Maddy> "It's not really that dark out yet anyways." she keeps her eyes open, looking around.
Jan 12 19:29:36 <Puppetmaster> "It will be, but."
Jan 12 19:29:43 <Puppetmaster> "Not that much can be done about it."
Jan 12 19:29:51 <Echo> Perception, Cana.
Jan 12 19:31:11 <Tox> 4df+3 EYES
Jan 12 19:31:12 <CROM> Tox: EYES: 1 (4df+3=-, 0, 0, -)
Jan 12 19:31:15 <Tox> fuk
Jan 12 19:31:24 * Roget|Dogtime is now known as Roget
Jan 12 19:31:48 <Maddy> "This is gonna take hours, by the way.
Jan 12 19:32:03 <PaulS_laptop> "Yeah, it will"
Jan 12 19:32:06 <Puppetmaster> "Mhm."
Jan 12 19:32:28 <Tox> Cana flexes his hands on his pistol.
Jan 12 19:32:38 <Puppetmaster> "No one stops moving."
Jan 12 19:32:45 <Maddy> "Mhm."
Jan 12 19:33:03 <MonkeyBomb> Brock keeps a steady pace. "Lovely evening for a walk."
Jan 12 19:33:05 <Tox> Cana tenses. "…Didn't that dog die?"
Jan 12 19:33:23 <PaulS_laptop> "…Yes."
Jan 12 19:33:28 <Maddy> "Wat dog? Oh it died?"
Jan 12 19:33:29 <Arag> "What dog?"
Jan 12 19:33:31 <Tox> Cana's walking backwards, now, focused intently on the intersection. "I swear I just saw it."
Jan 12 19:33:47 <MonkeyBomb> "Deader than a — What?" Brock looks around.
Jan 12 19:33:49 <Tox> "—Yep. There it goes."
Jan 12 19:33:49 <Puppetmaster> "Yeah. Shapeshifters. Bunch of fucking assholes."
Jan 12 19:33:57 <Maddy> Jani shrugs, not having know about the dead dog.
Jan 12 19:34:06 <Puppetmaster> "Just keep walking."
Jan 12 19:34:11 <Puppetmaster> "Shoot it if it comes at you."
Jan 12 19:34:35 <Tox> "That's the plan.
Jan 12 19:34:35 <Tox> "
Jan 12 19:34:48 <jedifan> "Well, that's your plan."
Jan 12 19:34:55 <Tox> "It seems to want to stay near the town, though."
Jan 12 19:34:58 <Maddy> "Hell we don't even know if the taniwha are actually bad. The folklore was split on that. Could just be curious about us."
Jan 12 19:35:12 <MonkeyBomb> "Hell, shoot anything that comes at you." Brock whirls around and sweeps his gaze from side to front to side as he walks.
Jan 12 19:35:16 <Tox> "It didn't follow us to the other people, and it's not following up out this way."
Jan 12 19:35:37 <Puppetmaster> "It ripped that dog to fucking shreds.
Jan 12 19:35:39 <Puppetmaster> "
Jan 12 19:35:41 <Maddy> "So, I guess Tinwald if probably not a good plan for us to live in?"
Jan 12 19:35:49 <Puppetmaster> "So, uh. They're /probably/ bad."
Jan 12 19:35:52 <Puppetmaster> "Yeah."
Jan 12 19:36:08 <Maddy> "I'll check a map when we get home, see what else there is."
Jan 12 19:38:33 <Echo> It takes several hours, but they eventually make it back to the houses without further issue.