Monster Pot

May 20 22:12:32 <Maddy> Atropa is bumbling around in the gas station.
May 20 22:12:43 <Vorcha> She should give Kyle some aloe vera.
May 20 22:13:18 <Vorcha> Azazel is sitting next to the truck playin' his banjo.
May 20 22:13:30 <Echo> Scott's still puttering around with Atropa
May 20 22:14:11 <Maddy> "We've used up just ab out all the resources here. We should talk to Mytle about leaving."
May 20 22:15:08 <Pemander> Arianna's sitting on the counter next to the cash register with her feet swinging back and forth.
May 20 22:15:36 <Echo> "That… would be a good idea."
May 20 22:17:12 <Maddy> Perception anyone inside.
May 20 22:17:40 <Echo> 4df+3
May 20 22:17:40 <CROM> Echo: 1 (4df+3=-, 0, -, 0)
May 20 22:17:45 <Echo> …
May 20 22:18:19 <Pemander> 4df+4
May 20 22:18:20 <CROM> Pemander: 6 (4df+4=+, -, +, +)
May 20 22:20:40 <Maddy> Ari notices just TOO LATE as Atropa bumbles right into a table with an expencive looking vase on it. Wait. Where did that vase come from?
May 20 22:21:01 <Pemander> "Hey. Where'd that vase come from?'
May 20 22:21:20 <Pemander> Arianna hops off the counter and walks over to Atropa.
May 20 22:21:22 <Maddy> It tips, and it's faaaling. "What vase?"
May 20 22:21:23 <Echo> Scott moves to catch her as she stumbles around.
May 20 22:21:32 <Pemander> "You just knocked a vase over."
May 20 22:21:37 <Pemander> Arianna reaches out to grab it!
May 20 22:21:49 <Maddy> "Oh shit." Athletics, or whatever the fuck we use I can't remember
May 20 22:22:12 <Echo> 4df+3 Evans tries to catch the vase, too!
May 20 22:22:13 <CROM> Echo: Evans tries to catch the vase, too!: 3 (4df+3=0, -, 0, +)
May 20 22:22:35 <Maddy> …Whoever rolls highest gets it. If it's matched you colide and it hits the floor
May 20 22:22:50 <Pemander> 4df+2 yo yo athletics yo
May 20 22:22:50 <CROM> Pemander: yo yo athletics yo: 1 (4df+2=0, -, -, +)
May 20 22:23:08 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle, meanwhile, is outside and oblivious
May 20 22:23:25 <Ragazzo> Arnold is outside chilling.
May 20 22:23:30 <Ragazzo> Nods to Kyle.
May 20 22:24:11 <Maddy> Scott catches it. He realizes it's really heavy for its size. And warm. And vibrating.
May 20 22:24:18 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle nods back
May 20 22:24:26 <Echo> "…"
May 20 22:24:35 <Vorcha> Azazel is sitting next to the truck, playing the banjo and nodding to the two men if he sees them.
May 20 22:24:37 <Echo> Scott holds the vase for a moment, staring at it.
May 20 22:24:43 <Echo> "Uhhhh, everybody? Back up."
May 20 22:25:17 <Maddy> 1d3
May 20 22:25:18 <CROM> Maddy: 2 (1d3=2)
May 20 22:25:26 <Maddy> Scott. Physdef
May 20 22:25:45 <Pemander> Arianna quickly hops back.
May 20 22:26:07 <Echo> 4df+4 O_O
May 20 22:26:08 <CROM> Echo: O_O: 4 (4df+4=0, 0, -, +)
May 20 22:27:01 <Maddy> Scott is lucky not to be immediately mauled by the torrent of…something that come pouring out of the vase! Your actions
May 20 22:27:33 <Pemander> Ari looks around for something that is roughly the same size as the opening in the vase!
May 20 22:28:22 <PaulS_laptop> "you hear that?"
May 20 22:28:30 <Ragazzo> "Hm."
May 20 22:28:34 <Ragazzo> "Yeah."
May 20 22:28:47 <Maddy> The things are screaching and climbing walls and they do not look happy. Also there doesnt seem to be a properlysized cork.
May 20 22:29:02 <Ragazzo> "No shouting. Probably fine." He turns to look anyway.
May 20 22:29:13 <Vorcha> Azazel stops playing his banjo and walks over to the two dudebromcmen
May 20 22:29:15 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle takes up his greasegun "let's go check it out anyway. I'm bored."
May 20 22:29:27 <Ragazzo> "Sure."
May 20 22:29:28 <PaulS_laptop> shrugs, heads inside
May 20 22:29:56 <Pemander> Arianna rubs and grabs the cork!
May 20 22:29:57 <Ragazzo> Arnold follows, gun in hand.
May 20 22:30:08 <Maddy> There is no cork
May 20 22:30:12 <Maddy> thats what doesnt means
May 20 22:30:26 <Pemander> WELL I A WORD OKAY MADDY DONT BE SO SNARKY
May 20 22:30:30 <Maddy> Also stop rubbing things
May 20 22:30:33 <Maddy> its weird
May 20 22:30:40 <Pemander> fuck
May 20 22:30:43 <Maddy> ;)
May 20 22:30:50 <PaulS_laptop> What do Kyle and Arnold see upon entry?
May 20 22:30:54 <Vorcha> That's how we lose corks, lern2wine
May 20 22:30:56 <Ragazzo> don't do that either pem
May 20 22:30:57 <Maddy> Ok no bu srsly these thing will probably attack you in a second
May 20 22:31:27 <Pemander> Okay Ari doesn't know what the hell to do so she just backs up and ducks behind a counter.
May 20 22:31:33 <Maddy> Anyone coming in see fast moving…kinda little albino hairless monkey looking things with teeth and claws.
May 20 22:31:39 <Maddy> They're still pouring out of the pot
May 20 22:31:52 <Echo> Evans gets the fuck back away from it.
May 20 22:31:55 <Ragazzo> Is someone holding the pot?
May 20 22:32:02 <Echo> NOPE
May 20 22:32:11 <Echo> He's got his rifle up, ready to start blasting.
May 20 22:32:13 <Ragazzo> Arnold shoots the pot.
May 20 22:33:23 <Ragazzo> roll?
May 20 22:34:10 <Maddy> Sure?
May 20 22:34:51 <Ragazzo> 4df+2 what could go wrong
May 20 22:34:51 <CROM> Ragazzo: what could go wrong: 3 (4df+2=+, 0, 0, 0)
May 20 22:35:06 <Maddy> It plinks off. Next?
May 20 22:35:14 <Ragazzo> "…"
May 20 22:35:24 <Vorcha> Hearing the gunshot Azazel begins running to the building
May 20 22:35:29 <Echo> "I think we should just… leave. Go a few miles down the road."
May 20 22:35:41 <Pemander> Arianna is way ahead of Scott. She bolts.
May 20 22:35:48 <Pemander> "Bye bye, guys!"
May 20 22:35:59 <Ragazzo> "Get a grenade-oh fuck you."
May 20 22:36:05 <Ragazzo> He runs.
May 20 22:36:25 <Maddy> Alright Arnie. If no one else has a thing, physdef
May 20 22:36:41 <Echo> Evans grabs Atropa by the arm and yanks her toward the door.
May 20 22:36:44 * Dexaway is now known as Dexanote
May 20 22:36:49 <Echo> 4df+4 defense as he scampers away
May 20 22:36:50 <CROM> Echo: defense as he scampers away: 3 (4df+4=-, 0, 0, 0)
May 20 22:36:57 <Maddy> No you
May 20 22:36:59 <Ragazzo> 4df+3 Arnold too?
May 20 22:36:59 <CROM> Ragazzo: Arnold too?: 3 (4df+3=-, -, +, +)
May 20 22:37:00 <Maddy> Arnie
May 20 22:37:02 <Maddy> Yes
May 20 22:37:27 <Maddy> Arnold manages to not take any damage from the hateful little monkies that are STILL POURING OUT OF THE POT
May 20 22:37:44 <Maddy> but there are some clining to him now, biting ineffectually.
May 20 22:38:00 <Ragazzo> He tries and shake them off!
May 20 22:38:20 <Maddy> Roll melee I guess.
May 20 22:38:25 <Vorcha> Does Azazel manage to make his appearance?
May 20 22:38:42 <Maddy> Yeah he gets there whenever he wants the gas station isn't big.
May 20 22:39:02 <Ragazzo> 4df+2 get off!
May 20 22:39:03 <CROM> Ragazzo: get off!: 1 (4df+2=-, +, 0, -)
May 20 22:39:11 <Maddy> NOPE
May 20 22:39:20 <Maddy> Still peoples turns, pass or do something
May 20 22:39:42 <Ragazzo> He's running for a vehicle!
May 20 22:39:54 * Roget is now known as Rogetshowers
May 20 22:40:11 <Echo> Scott's pulling Atropa toward Eve!
May 20 22:40:38 <Pemander> Arianna is shoving anything that needs to be taken into the trailer and/or LAV.
May 20 22:40:44 <Vorcha> 4df+3 Azazel tries to focus on the little hateapes muttering. protip they ramble in something similar to Ancient Hellenic languages
May 20 22:40:44 <CROM> Vorcha: Azazel tries to focus on the little hateapes muttering. protip they ramble in something similar to Ancient Hellenic languages: 1 (4df+3=-, 0, 0, -)
May 20 22:41:29 <Dexanote> Myrtle assists Arianna in shoving, being somewhat more graceful but less effective.
May 20 22:42:18 <Pemander> Ari looks toward Myrtle and blinks a couple times, seeming surprised. She doesn't let it distract her, though.
May 20 22:42:34 <Maddy> They're mostly just kinda…screaming KILL"
May 20 22:42:47 <Maddy> And prophanities.
May 20 22:43:09 <Echo> Scott's not driven much before, but the LAV's not TOO different from a normal vehicle. He mashes the START button and idles it up.
May 20 22:45:43 * Maddy has changed the topic to: Welcome to After Action. Please refer OOC text to #afteractionooc | Secondary room: #afteractionmission |RouteMap:http://maps.google.com/ Point A: Garnet Ghost Town, Montana, U.S.A. B: ??? - Current Location: http://goo.gl/maps/KftHo - MAP UNDER CONSTRUCTION
May 20 22:47:31 <Vorcha> 4df+6 tagging Batp, Screech the songs of damnation in AH to scare them back into the jar or something
May 20 22:47:32 <CROM> Vorcha: tagging Batp, Screech the songs of damnation in AH to scare them back into the jar or something: 6 (4df+6=0, +, 0, -)
May 20 22:47:54 <Echo> The LAV takes off, hopefully with the truck close behind.
May 20 22:48:04 <Ragazzo> Arnold keeps trying to get them off him while inside a vehicle
May 20 22:49:31 <Maddy> The things clasp their little hands over their ears, screaching themselves. They dont retreat but theyre not following, and the flow from the pot seems to have stopped.
May 20 22:49:41 <Maddy> All the ones on Arniedrop off.
May 20 22:50:32 <Ragazzo> He knocks them out the vehicle he is.in.
May 20 22:51:06 <Pemander> Arianna sits in the LAV, knees curled up against her chest with her arms locked around them.
May 20 22:51:14 <Pemander> "That was weird."
May 20 22:51:29 <Vorcha> Azazel skedaddles to the nearest vehicle
May 20 22:51:44 <Ragazzo> Arnold sits in the trailer.
May 20 22:51:50 <Ragazzo> Sleeps is there.
May 20 22:53:07 * Rogetshowers is now known as Roget
May 20 22:53:29 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle is in Eels
May 20 22:54:04 <Maddy> When the screaching stops the things go back into the gas station and huddle around the pot, after putting it back.
May 20 22:55:33 <Dexanote> Myrtle sits beside Arianna, somewhat more relaxed. "… Well we're alive."
May 20 22:56:01 <Maddy> "What the hell was that?"
May 20 22:56:21 <Pemander> Ari reaches out and hugs Myrtle.
May 20 22:56:38 <Echo> Scott looks back as he drives, slowing down a little. "I have no fuckin' idea. You want to get on a radio, check on the truck?"
May 20 22:56:39 <Dexanote> Myr leans over to Ari and accepts the hug. "Hi."
May 20 22:56:40 <Pemander> "I don't know what it was. I didn't see the vase there before."
May 20 22:56:45 <Pemander> "Hi."
May 20 22:57:29 <Vorcha> "I don't think scaring them will work a second time."
May 20 22:57:38 <Pemander> Arianna returns to her seated position.
May 20 22:57:53 <Pemander> "Yeah, I'll see what's going on."
May 20 22:58:09 <Pemander> «Gentlemen Farmers, this is Sneaky Snake. Do you read?»
May 20 22:59:36 <Maddy> «Who's Gentlman farmers?»
May 20 22:59:50 <Pemander> «Everybody in the truck and trailer.»
May 20 23:00:12 <Vorcha> «We're here.»
May 20 23:00:14 <Maddy> "Oh so not me."
May 20 23:00:30 <Pemander> "No Atropa, not you. But now that I think about it, that sort of makes the most sense…":
May 20 23:00:36 <Maddy> She smiles.
May 20 23:00:55 <PaulS_laptop> «Tru8ck is fine. What the fuck is happening?»
May 20 23:01:11 <Echo> «We, uh, got ran out of the store.»
May 20 23:01:19 <Ragazzo> «What.» Sleeps.
May 20 23:01:24 <Vorcha> «I scared them back into the vase, but I don't think it'll work again.»
May 20 23:01:34 <Ragazzo> «Oh. Everybody ok?>¿
May 20 23:03:47 <Maddy> They didnt go back into the vae :|
May 20 23:04:30 <Vorcha> Azazel thinks they did
May 20 23:04:34 <Vorcha> he told them too
May 20 23:04:36 <Vorcha> and skedaddled
May 20 23:06:19 <Pemander> "So what's the plan, everyone?"
May 20 23:06:35 <Pemander> "Are we just going to keep driving until we find somewhere we can chill for a little while?"
May 20 23:06:54 <Pemander> "…another gas station, maybe?" Arianna frowns.
May 20 23:09:09 <PaulS_laptop> "Probably"
May 20 23:09:20 <Maddy> "Could find a farm…"
May 20 23:09:25 <Maddy> "So I could feed us."
May 20 23:10:19 <Dexanote> "A farm could work. Like, a corn farm or an orchard."
May 20 23:10:43 <PaulS_laptop> "Anything. I know how ta raise stock…somewhat"
May 20 23:11:57 * Nusquam has quit (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.90 [Firefox 21.0/20130511120803])
May 20 23:13:07 <Echo> "Could drive a few miles, pull over, find a spot, and take off tomorrow."
May 20 23:14:15 <Maddy> "Sounds ok to me."
May 20 23:15:20 <Pemander> "S'alright."
May 20 23:18:06 <Pemander> Arianna turns to Myrtle. "I haven't seen you in months. I kept calling and you never answered. Thought you were ignoring me."
May 20 23:18:38 <Dexanote> Myr sighs heavily. "I've been right next to you literally the entire time."
May 20 23:18:45 * Nusquam (~ten.tenreitnorf.ai.ddtf.20rd.031DB1E4-CRInys|alliztahc#ten.tenreitnorf.ai.ddtf.20rd.031DB1E4-CRInys|alliztahc) has joined #afteraction
May 20 23:18:46 * ChanServ sets mode +a #afteraction Nusquam
May 20 23:18:46 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Nusquam
May 20 23:18:59 <Pemander> "Literally the entire time?"
May 20 23:19:22 <Dexanote> "Well I gave you privacy when you needed to relieve yourself but basically yeah."
May 20 23:19:36 <Pemander> "…" Ari rubs her face and grumbles..
May 20 23:19:40 <Pemander> "Sorry."
May 20 23:21:46 <Dexanote> "I've heard that before. It's okay."
May 20 23:22:09 <Dexanote> She almost shrugs, stopping herself. "… Maybe this time it'll stick."
May 20 23:22:37 <Pemander> "Hope so. I'll try harder."
May 20 23:22:41 <Maddy> Atropa hums a song a bit.
May 20 23:24:02 <Pemander> Arianna twirls a strand of her hair around her index finger. "About this farm business. Do we really want to settle down?"
May 20 23:24:32 <PaulS_laptop> "Easier livin if we can"
May 20 23:25:09 <Maddy> "If we do though, we have unfinished buisness."
May 20 23:25:38 <Pemander> "The whole world has unfinished business."
May 20 23:26:04 <Pemander> "Lately I really feel like we've been just…drifting around, not actually trying to /do/ anything. It's depressing."
May 20 23:26:22 <Pemander> "Why don't we try to help change things?"
May 20 23:27:03 * Waxx has quit (Quit: )
May 20 23:27:48 <Maddy> "I like this idea. It's not like we don't have a small list of stuff we know needs fixing."
May 20 23:28:04 <PaulS_laptop> "Question is…where do we start?"
May 20 23:29:36 <Echo> Evans looks back at Atropa. "Well… we start with getting our shit locked back on. We're low on supplies. Dangerously so."
May 20 23:30:36 <Maddy> "Troy had mentioned the Daevites, as far as helping fix things."
May 20 23:31:05 <Pemander> "Yeah. The Daevites."
May 20 23:31:15 <Pemander> Arianna clenches her lift fist just for a second.
May 20 23:31:37 <Pemander> "They're gonna clear out the whole world if someone doesn't keep them in check, right?"
May 20 23:34:08 <Maddy> "That's definitly not conducive to our survival"
May 20 23:34:51 <Pemander> "Ahem. On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."
May 20 23:35:05 <Pemander> "And I don't mean that in a dumb philosophical way."
May 20 23:35:13 <Pemander> "I mean we are literally all going to die anyway if someone doesn't take care of that issue."
May 20 23:38:10 <Pemander> "Besides, I'm not saying we go barreling into a Daevite-occupied city."
May 20 23:38:37 <Pemander> "We could just…I don't know, help the rebuilding effort. Pick up survivors in places that get wrecked."
May 20 23:39:08 * Echo has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
May 20 23:43:09 <Maddy> "But really, does that matter if we dont deal with the Daevites? And who else has knowledge about them other than us?"
May 20 23:43:15 <Maddy> "If anyone's going to do it…"
May 20 23:44:43 <Pemander> Arianna nods.