My Violent Heart

Jun 09 21:31:51 <Maddy> Hikaru is driving car I guess, heading down the road. It takes a little longer to even get passed Ashburton since they have to go around the road blocks and so on. She hums a song slightly off beat.
Jun 09 21:34:25 <Maddy> Eventually on the open road they start seeing farms here and there as they go.
Jun 09 21:34:32 <Echo> "What map was you usin'?"
Jun 09 21:36:02 <Maddy> "It's one of the Ashburton territory or what ever it is you call prefecturs here."
Jun 09 21:37:20 <Echo> "'Prefectures.'"
Jun 09 21:37:34 <Maddy> "Oh."
Jun 09 21:37:41 <Maddy> Perception!
Jun 09 21:37:50 <Gara> 4df+3 OH GOD WHErE IS IT
Jun 09 21:37:51 <CROM> Gara: OH GOD WHErE IS IT: 0 (4df+3=0, -, -, -)
Jun 09 21:38:01 <Gara> John is at 10%
Jun 09 21:38:05 <Echo> 4df+4 "No, they don't call 'em th-"
Jun 09 21:38:05 <CROM> Echo: "No, they don't call 'em th-": 7 (4df+4=0, +, +, +)
Jun 09 21:38:25 <Maddy> Mitchell makes up for John's failures.
Jun 09 21:38:36 <Devereaux> 4df I'm so scared.
Jun 09 21:38:36 <CROM> Devereaux: I'm so scared.: 0 (4df=+, -, -, +)
Jun 09 21:38:41 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3 One for the money. Two for the show. Santa fucked your mom last night. Ho ho ho.
Jun 09 21:38:41 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: One for the money. Two for the show. Santa fucked your mom last night. Ho ho ho.: 4 (4df+3=0, 0, 0, +)
Jun 09 21:39:00 <Maddy> wut
Jun 09 21:39:20 <Maddy> Anyways Brock and Mitchell see someone tryng to wve them down a bit ahead.
Jun 09 21:39:22 <MonkeyBomb> That's code for "Brock is keeping an eye out." Don't question these things.
Jun 09 21:39:25 <Maddy> 4df+3
Jun 09 21:39:25 <CROM> Maddy: 1 (4df+3=-, 0, 0, -)
Jun 09 21:39:58 <Echo> "Up ahead, slow down."
Jun 09 21:40:30 <Maddy> She does so. "Hmmmm."
Jun 09 21:40:38 <Echo> Mitchell snatches up his rifle and eases the barrel out the window, not aiming at anyone yet. "Got somebody wayyyy up there."
Jun 09 21:41:48 <Devereaux> Dax stays in the back with his head down, wanting nothing to do with a potential fight.
Jun 09 21:42:05 <Maddy> As you get closer you an see the person appears to be wearing a lab coat of some variety.
Jun 09 21:42:25 <Echo> "…" Mitchell squints. "What the fuck?"
Jun 09 21:42:43 <Echo> "Stop about fifty meters out, Hikaru."
Jun 09 21:43:11 <Maddy> "Hai." she does that too.
Jun 09 21:43:42 <Gara> John looks about when she stops. "Something up?"
Jun 09 21:44:00 <Maddy> The person realizes you've stopped pretty far away and shields ther eyes from the headlights, tying to figure out what you're doing.
Jun 09 21:44:33 <Echo> As soon as the vehicle stops, Mitchell pops the door and shoves his rifle through the open window. "*IDENTIFY*!"
Jun 09 21:45:39 * ApeGrenade (esuf.tr|hs#esuf.tr|hs) has joined #afteractionmission
Jun 09 21:45:46 <Maddy> "Doctor Iapitus." he says with a bit of a lisp. "Its been a while since someone came through here."
Jun 09 21:45:54 * MonkeyBomb has quit (NickServ (GHOST command used by ApeGrenade))
Jun 09 21:46:06 * ApeGrenade is now known as MonkeyBomb
Jun 09 21:46:33 <Echo> Mitchell looks back at the people on the bed of the truck. "Y'all hear that?"
Jun 09 21:46:46 * Arag (~moc.rr.ser.xtas.4E29B28E-CRInys|araG#moc.rr.ser.xtas.4E29B28E-CRInys|araG) has joined #afteractionmission
Jun 09 21:46:57 <Arag> John pops up, standing the bed of the truck, with his gun up.
Jun 09 21:47:51 <Echo> "One'a y'all wanna move out an' talk, I got ya covered."
Jun 09 21:48:12 * Gara has quit (Ping timeout: 183 seconds)
Jun 09 21:48:13 <Arag> "I'll go."
Jun 09 21:48:44 <Echo> Mitchell yells out again. "Yo Doc, hang on! Just keep yer hands visible! We don't want nothin' rough goin' down tonight! One of us is gonna walk over toward ya!"
Jun 09 21:49:06 <Arag> John hops out the side, and keeps the rifle low.
Jun 09 21:49:14 <MonkeyBomb> Brock just watches whatever is going on unfold.
Jun 09 21:50:04 <Maddy> The doctor complies and waits.
Jun 09 21:50:08 <Arag> He starts towards the other dude.
Jun 09 21:50:22 * Arag is now known as Gara
Jun 09 21:51:19 <Maddy> "Hey there." the guy also doenst have any konda accent in particular.
Jun 09 21:52:19 <Gara> "Hey there. I'm Doctor John Renshaw. I'm with those guys back there, we just want to see if everything is cool."
Jun 09 21:53:46 <Echo> 4df+4 Perception to aim, look like the guy's wearing armor or anything? Either way, Mitchell's pointing that M4 right at the guy's head.
Jun 09 21:53:46 <CROM> Echo: Perception to aim, look like the guy's wearing armor or anything? Either way, Mitchell's pointing that M4 right at the guy's head.: 6 (4df+4=+, +, 0, 0)
Jun 09 21:54:08 <Maddy> "Ah yeah, I get ya." he nods. "As I said, I'm Dr. Iapitus. Glad to finally see some people, and you look capable."
Jun 09 21:54:23 <Gara> "You could say that."
Jun 09 21:54:23 <Maddy> He;s not wearing any armour as far as you can tell.
Jun 09 21:54:36 <Gara> "So, what're you doin out here alone?"
Jun 09 21:56:25 <Maddy> "Oh I'm not alone. Well I am alone out here but there's a bunch of use at the lab." Iapitus motions to the side of the road where there's a driveway that heads into some tree cover. "We saw you coming and igured we should check out if you could maybe help us with some stuff."
Jun 09 21:57:34 <Gara> "Right. What kinda lab? What kinda stuff?"
Jun 09 21:58:40 <Maddy> "Oh paranormal studies. Working on finding ways to treat people who don't subscribe to regular Homo sapiens medicine and the like."
Jun 09 21:59:06 <Gara> "Oh yeah? That's neat."
Jun 09 21:59:18 <Maddy> "And the stuff we need help with is a little more…not so great, I guess?"
Jun 09 22:00:12 <Gara> "How about we get off the street? My buddy back there might be a little…" He trails off.
Jun 09 22:01:26 <Maddy> "Oh yeah sure. You're all welcome to ome in actually, wont even ask you to hand over weapons. Just don't shoot anyone." he laughs.
Jun 09 22:02:29 <Gara> "Promise." he laughs. He turns his head, "HEY! THIS GUY'S FINE, COME ON OVER."
Jun 09 22:03:30 <Echo> Mitchell pulls the rifle back and around the door, then slams it shut. He leans through the window, looking at Hikaru. "Ease the vehicle up, be ready to back up quick. I'm gonna walk ahead."
Jun 09 22:03:58 <Echo> Evan crosses to the front of the vehicle, rifle in plain view, and starts walking down the center of the road toward where John and the doc are.
Jun 09 22:04:04 <Maddy> "Right." Hikaru does things
Jun 09 22:05:00 <Gara> John sits and waits.
Jun 09 22:05:47 <Echo> "What's the story, John?"
Jun 09 22:06:43 <Gara> "This is Doctor Iapitus, he's working on medicine for the supernatural." He's pretty pleased with that, actually. "Evidently, they have some issues, and he's invited us back to the lab."
Jun 09 22:07:57 <Echo> "… and the lab's out here?"
Jun 09 22:08:15 <Gara> "Evidently it's that way." He points
Jun 09 22:09:04 <Maddy> "It was disguised as a farm before everything went all screwy."
Jun 09 22:09:27 <Gara> "How long have you been operating out here?"
Jun 09 22:09:30 <Echo> "Out here in the middle of-" Mitchell looks over at Lapitus. "You tryin' to con us?"
Jun 09 22:10:13 <Gara> He makes a half turn to Mitchell. "Dude, you don't really want to openly try to tinker with the supernatural. Not in a serious capacity. That gets you looked at really hard by some scary groups."
Jun 09 22:10:14 <Maddy> "Con you of what exactly? And the lab's been there for a couple decades, I've been working there aboru 6 years now."
Jun 09 22:11:19 <Echo> Mitchell shuts up, mulling this over.
Jun 09 22:12:57 <Gara> "So, yeah. I think this might be legit."
Jun 09 22:13:37 * Tox|Work1 (~ten.3level.1notgnihsaw.1egde.F78C8E15-CRInys|agemO#ten.3level.1notgnihsaw.1egde.F78C8E15-CRInys|agemO) has joined #afteractionmission
Jun 09 22:13:43 <Maddy> "We got some food, though it's not perrishale stuff, one of our ladies is a master chef or something."
Jun 09 22:13:53 <Maddy> "She could make dog food good probaably."
Jun 09 22:13:54 <Echo> "Well… right behind ya, John."
Jun 09 22:14:08 <Gara> "Alright. Lets go, Doctor."
Jun 09 22:14:34 <Maddy> He leads the way and assumadly the people in the truck follow
Jun 09 22:15:17 * Tox|Work has quit (Ping timeout: 188 seconds)
Jun 09 22:16:35 <Maddy> When they head passed the trees there's a couple buildings that probably once resembled farm buildings, but the upkeep of the ruse ha fallen to the wayside. "Welcome to Creation's Glen."
Jun 09 22:17:42 <Maddy> There's quite obviously a hum of some kinda of machinery not normal to farms, and the lights on in the windows has a strange ble glow.
Jun 09 22:17:47 <Echo> "Hell of a name for a farm. Doc, uh, Lapitus. Lapitus, right? You said you needed help with some business? What sorta business?"
Jun 09 22:18:08 <Maddy> There's also a sor of crackle os magic in the air, though John's probably the only one who notices
Jun 09 22:18:10 <Maddy> and Ace
Jun 09 22:18:38 <Maddy> "Iapitus. And the problem is with research we need."
Jun 09 22:21:12 <Maddy> "This was really just an arm off a larger facility in a nearby town, and we usually have access to the computers there remotely, but for about half a year now, we've been locked out."
Jun 09 22:21:38 <Gara> "Alright."
Jun 09 22:22:49 <Echo> Mitchell looks back to see if Brock's following.
Jun 09 22:23:42 <Maddy> "This is where it get's kinda complicated. Seems someone's moved into the town. The entrance isn't within their walls, but it's close enough that a bunch of egg heads like us would probably get caught and in trouble."
Jun 09 22:24:07 * Gara has quit (Quit: Leaving)
Jun 09 22:24:11 <Echo> "This is assumin' the people there's trouble to start with."
Jun 09 22:24:23 * Gara (elttil.oot.leef.hcum|oot.kniht#elttil.oot.leef.hcum|oot.kniht) has joined #afteractionmission
Jun 09 22:24:24 <Maddy> Hikaru is strangely, not along with you.
Jun 09 22:24:43 <Maddy> "Oh they are. Shot us on site. Barely got away."
Jun 09 22:24:59 <Echo> "…"
Jun 09 22:25:56 <Gara> "That's rude."
Jun 09 22:26:03 <Maddy> "It's not great."
Jun 09 22:26:32 <Gara> "So, what's your goal here? You want your data, right?"
Jun 09 22:27:04 * ApeGrenade (esuf.tr|hs#esuf.tr|hs) has joined #afteractionmission
Jun 09 22:27:45 <Maddy> Another scientist wanders up. She's about the same height as Iapitus and she just stands by and listens. "Well we have a tool that should get us using the computers again. If you could get in there and plug it in, we'd have access again and could jsut leave the towns folk to whatever they anna do."
Jun 09 22:28:08 * MonkeyBomb has quit (Ping timeout: 180 seconds)
Jun 09 22:28:12 <Echo> "You *did* say these people shot at you on sight, right?"
Jun 09 22:28:45 * Tox|Work1 is now known as Tox|Work
Jun 09 22:29:32 <Maddy> "Yeah, but we were trying to get their attenton. Guessing they're jsut territorial. Not a big deal."
Jun 09 22:29:49 <Echo> "It'd be prudent to assume they'd probably do the same thing if they saw us, yeah?"
Jun 09 22:31:22 <Maddy> "Well maybe not. You'd be skirting around the edge, and we have a pretty good handle on their patrols now. If they saw some people just trying to get around ther wall to somewhere else you'd probably be ok."
Jun 09 22:31:36 <Echo> "Do you know where we'd need to go?"
Jun 09 22:32:58 <Maddy> "Yeah, there's an old race track just east of here, north of the town. There's an employees only door behind another one. I can give you a key card to get in."
Jun 09 22:34:32 <Gara> "Alright…"
Jun 09 22:34:44 <ApeGrenade> "So, uh, we're just supposed to do this… because you asked nicely? I'd rather not get shot at for nothing." Brock patpats Ace's head. "I'm sure you get where I'm coming from."
Jun 09 22:34:52 * ApeGrenade is now known as MonkeyBomb
Jun 09 22:35:12 * Devereaux_ (~Dev@BFEC7F02:E8C8D39E:5EB4EEF8:IP) has joined #afteractionmission
Jun 09 22:35:28 * Devereaux has quit (NickServ (GHOST command used by Devereaux_))
Jun 09 22:35:33 <Echo> "Yeah, not to come off too mercenary, but, uh… we're tryin' to stay alive out here, too."
Jun 09 22:35:33 <Maddy> "Well mostly cause our research is incredibly benificial to the world as it rebuilds, and we do have some supplies we can give to you if you're not philanthopists."
Jun 09 22:36:01 * Devereaux_ is now known as Devereaux
Jun 09 22:36:31 <MonkeyBomb> Brock looks at Mitch and shrugs.
Jun 09 22:36:56 <Maddy> "And just about anything in the lab is fair game really, as long as the computer keep running, and don't go into the reactor. We hav no way of knowing if the securty systems are still in place ther."
Jun 09 22:37:17 <Echo> "Well… John, I guess you're down for this?"
Jun 09 22:37:41 <Gara> "Yeah."
Jun 09 22:38:03 <Gara> "This is sorta part of my job, it's what I do."
Jun 09 22:38:54 <Devereaux> "Out of curiosity, do you have anything here that could charge a laptop?"
Jun 09 22:39:17 <Maddy> "We probably have some extra cords around…unless it's apple."
Jun 09 22:39:31 <Devereaux> "No."
Jun 09 22:39:51 <Echo> Mitchell looks back at Dax, almost gobsmacked for a moment, then turns back to the doc.
Jun 09 22:40:26 <Devereaux> "It's not."
Jun 09 22:40:26 <Maddy> "Then yeah, I'll have Nyx look for something." he lifts his had and the other scientist wanders off.
Jun 09 22:42:01 <Maddy> Eventually she retursn with some kinda power cord with a few adapters. "I'm sure one will work."
Jun 09 22:42:38 <Gara> "Right, so. We're going to do this, guys?"
Jun 09 22:43:47 <MonkeyBomb> "Putting ourselves deliberately in harm's way." He nods. "Yep, sounds about right."
Jun 09 22:43:57 <MonkeyBomb> "I'm game."
Jun 09 22:44:49 <Devereaux> "Thank you so much."
Jun 09 22:44:57 <Echo> Mitchell shrugs. "Right with you guys."
Jun 09 22:45:14 <Gara> "Great. We'll handle that for you guys."
Jun 09 22:46:34 <Devereaux> "Yeah."
Jun 09 22:46:46 <Maddy> "We'll be here. We wish you luck. If you go now you should be able to squeek between patrols.
Jun 09 22:47:12 <Echo> "… well, shit, then. If we're goin', let's go while the goin's good."
Jun 09 22:49:46 <Echo> "John, figure out exactly where we're headed. I'll be outside."
Jun 09 22:50:06 <Gara> "Got it." Beat. "Where exactly are we headed? Race track right?"
Jun 09 22:51:03 <Maddy> "Yeah. If you just keep following this road, you'll see a fence soon enough, then if you just head around the north of that fence, you'll see the race track. The main building has the entrance."
Jun 09 22:52:46 <Gara> "Great. Thanks, we'll get that worked out for you."
Jun 09 22:53:53 <Maddy> "Well if you don't mind, I'm gonna leave it to you, I have some data to analyse."
Jun 09 22:54:10 <Echo> Mitchell's waiting just outside, checking the magazines in his LBE.
Jun 09 22:55:18 <Gara> John makes his way out.
Jun 09 22:55:18 <Echo> "So what's up, Doc?"
Jun 09 22:55:26 <Gara> "Okay, we're supposed to follow this road, head north of a fence, and we'll hit the race track."
Jun 09 22:55:29 <MonkeyBomb> Brock makes his way outside, stretches, and takes another look around the facility.
Jun 09 22:55:31 <Maddy> Hikaru is very suddwnly sneakin her way out of a completely differnt building and coming over.
Jun 09 22:55:48 <Maddy> One of her apendages is hanging limp.
Jun 09 22:57:18 <Gara> John doesn't yell at her. He does look most disappointed.
Jun 09 22:57:27 <Maddy> "Something's very wrong here."
Jun 09 22:57:47 <MonkeyBomb> "…?"
Jun 09 22:57:48 <Gara> "Oh. Okay. Tell me about it."
Jun 09 22:58:48 <Echo> "I fuckin' knew it."
Jun 09 22:58:53 <Maddy> "Well first off, everyone is the exact same height. No one in the other building were speaking to eachother. It was werid, and the name tags on everyone. Iapitus, Uranos, Gaia? I dont buy it. So I poked around in a computer."
Jun 09 23:00:02 <Maddy> "Their counter-hacking program almost completely overloaded my suite, so I had to shut it off. This has only happened to me while sneaking around onc kinda of facility before."
Jun 09 23:00:24 <Echo> "… Apple Corporation?"
Jun 09 23:00:30 <Gara> "… Please don't say Insurency."
Jun 09 23:00:31 <MonkeyBomb> Brock snorts a laugh.
Jun 09 23:00:49 <Maddy> She points at John. "I wont say it then."
Jun 09 23:00:55 <Gara> "God /fucking/ damn it."
Jun 09 23:01:05 <Gara> "Okay."
Jun 09 23:01:25 <Maddy> "I think we need to talk to whoever was shooting at them."
Jun 09 23:01:32 <Gara> "Yep."
Jun 09 23:01:33 <Devereaux> "Insurgency?"
Jun 09 23:01:35 <Gara> "And then help."
Jun 09 23:01:38 <Gara> "Lets go."
Jun 09 23:02:04 <Gara> John starts off down the road. "Yeah, they're sorta evil guys. Want to seize the world. Use the supernatural as weapons."
Jun 09 23:02:13 <Echo> "…" Mitchell reloads his rifle and starts off toward where John indicated.
Jun 09 23:02:23 <Maddy> "You knwo we can drive, right?"
Jun 09 23:02:46 <Gara> He stops and turns on his heel. "Yeah well, you're absolutely right."
Jun 09 23:02:50 <MonkeyBomb> Brock goes along, pulls a full stop, and changes course towards the truck.
Jun 09 23:03:00 <Gara> And goes back to the truck.
Jun 09 23:03:00 <Echo> "If we're gonna try to go up without everybody knowin' we're there, probably be better on foot. Unless we want 'em to know we're comin'."
Jun 09 23:03:33 <Gara> "We want them to know we're coming, now. This isn't something we're sneaking into at this point, I think. Maybe we can have them not shoot at us? I'm not sure
Jun 09 23:05:14 <Maddy> "Like I said we need to talk to the people in the town. Did the good doctor mention about doing anything to the people in town?"
Jun 09 23:05:38 <Gara> "They talked about being shot at."
Jun 09 23:06:04 <MonkeyBomb> Brock just glances at Ace, and Ace looks at Brock.
Jun 09 23:06:06 <Echo> "Well, fuck it. You know what, we get shot at, we wheel the truck around and haul ass back west."
Jun 09 23:06:22 <Echo> After a moment, Mitchell starts following back to the truck with the others.
Jun 09 23:06:28 <Gara> John gets in the truck!
Jun 09 23:06:41 <MonkeyBomb> Brock goes!
Jun 09 23:06:52 <Echo> Mitchell hops up in the back, drumming his fingers on the roof of the cab.
Jun 09 23:07:13 <Maddy> "So the don't implore the group of mercenary lookng folks to maybe get rid of the dangerous people." Hikaru gets in and head out when everyone's in the car.
Jun 09 23:07:23 <Gara> John gets in the passenger seat, in that case.
Jun 09 23:07:31 <Maddy> "This is all getting very strange.
Jun 09 23:07:32 <Maddy> "
Jun 09 23:07:44 <MonkeyBomb> "What's new."
Jun 09 23:07:49 <Echo> "It was shady right when we fuckin' pulled up."
Jun 09 23:08:00 <Gara> "No. I'm actually really disappointed."
Jun 09 23:08:35 <Maddy> "I could still be wrong, John."
Jun 09 23:08:49 <Maddy> Her arm seems to be coming back online now
Jun 09 23:08:55 <Gara> "Yeah, maybe."
Jun 09 23:09:10 <MonkeyBomb> "I guess we'll find out, now won't we?"
Jun 09 23:09:19 <Gara> "Yep."
Jun 09 23:10:36 <Maddy> As they get closer, they see a fence come into veiw. REally well build with concrete and barbed wre. There's what looks like a guard shack off t the side.
Jun 09 23:10:58 <Echo> "This ain't just people movin' back into a town. This is some built-up shit."
Jun 09 23:11:10 <Gara> "Yeah… This is weird."
Jun 09 23:11:47 <Maddy> "What's the plan then?"
Jun 09 23:12:00 <Gara> "Right now. Figure shit out."
Jun 09 23:12:20 <Gara> "Later, well. If you're right… I'm in favor of cleaning house."
Jun 09 23:12:21 * LucienTel (moc.rr.ser.nitsua.CEEA8312-CRInys|tibbiM#moc.rr.ser.nitsua.CEEA8312-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
Jun 09 23:12:37 <Maddy> "As am I."
Jun 09 23:15:56 <Echo> They getting closer to the place? Just gonna pull up?
Jun 09 23:17:12 <Maddy> Hikaru is waiting to be told what to do with th car. They are currently stopped
Jun 09 23:17:36 <Echo> "Shit… uh, bring us on in. Nice and slow, lights on."
Jun 09 23:17:48 <Gara> "Yeah, I was gonna say."
Jun 09 23:18:54 <MonkeyBomb> "Probably not the greatest idea to sneak up on 'em, yeah."
Jun 09 23:19:03 <Maddy> "Alrighty." she starts forward, and there's movement from the guard shack
Jun 09 23:19:07 <Maddy> perception.
Jun 09 23:19:16 <Gara> 4df+3 John is actually paying attention now.
Jun 09 23:19:16 <CROM> Gara: John is actually paying attention now.: 5 (4df+3=+, +, -, +)
Jun 09 23:19:23 <Echo> 4df+4 Come on, good result again
Jun 09 23:19:23 <CROM> Echo: Come on, good result again: 7 (4df+4=+, 0, +, +)
Jun 09 23:19:27 <Echo> :>
Jun 09 23:19:34 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3 Brock sees.
Jun 09 23:19:35 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: Brock sees.: 3 (4df+3=0, 0, 0, 0)
Jun 09 23:20:09 <Echo> Mitchell's got eagle eyes, or some human version thereof.
Jun 09 23:20:50 <Maddy> Mitchell, your barely catch a glimps of movement up on the wall. John you barely glimps the same thing, but you get the feeling there's a couple people up on that wall.
Jun 09 23:21:11 <Gara> "Alright bring us to a stop."
Jun 09 23:21:21 <Maddy> Hikaru does that.
Jun 09 23:22:31 <Maddy> Someone comes out of the shack. The person is dressed like some kinda paramilitary kinda dude, and he's stocky as hell, and about 5'6.
Jun 09 23:22:54 <Echo> Mitchell gives the guy a wave from the back of the truck.
Jun 09 23:23:34 <Gara> John opens the window, and waves out of it. "Hey!"
Jun 09 23:23:55 <Maddy> Like a mini silverback armed for a bear, he kinda lumbers over, he has a rifle, at low ready. "If you're going somewhere, you'll have to go around." He sounds like a Kiwi, but fuck can he project well.
Jun 09 23:24:15 <Gara> "We're actually hear to talk with you guys."
Jun 09 23:24:51 <Maddy> "We don't need trade and we don't take strays."
Jun 09 23:25:08 <Gara> "We're not trading and we've got a home."
Jun 09 23:25:22 <Echo> Mitchell slings his rifle, not wanting to appear threatening. It suddenly strikes him that they don't exactly have a plan now that they're there and sitting out front of the place.
Jun 09 23:26:28 <Maddy> The man narrows his eyes, and now everyone is very aware of the people on the wall pointing huge sniper rifles at them. "So what do you want."
Jun 09 23:27:17 <Gara> "We wanted to ask about a group of people you've got down the road. Scientists."
Jun 09 23:27:40 <Maddy> He spits, a lot od the people on the wall also spit.
Jun 09 23:27:55 <Gara> "Dpm
Jun 09 23:27:56 * Gara has quit (Quit: Leaving)
Jun 09 23:28:11 <Maddy> …
Jun 09 23:28:13 <MonkeyBomb> John suddenly dies in the passenger seat.
Jun 09 23:28:27 <Echo> …
Jun 09 23:28:32 <MonkeyBomb> The last words he uttered were "Dpm…"
Jun 09 23:28:48 * Vorcha (PI.4ADE406C.9A8FA2CD.AE0586F5|tibbiM#PI.4ADE406C.9A8FA2CD.AE0586F5|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
Jun 09 23:29:34 * Gara (elttil.oot.leef.hcum|oot.kniht#elttil.oot.leef.hcum|oot.kniht) has joined #afteractionmission
Jun 09 23:29:43 <Gara> "Yeah, you don't sound like you like them."
Jun 09 23:29:56 <Maddy> "What did they want you to do."
Jun 09 23:30:17 <Gara> "Link a computer for them."
Jun 09 23:30:36 <Echo> Mitchell sloooowly reaches down into a pocket on his vest.
Jun 09 23:30:48 <Echo> And grabs a pack of cigarettes out of a pocket.
Jun 09 23:30:57 <Maddy> There's a wave of reaction from the man to the people on the wall. Also worth mentioning there's no way the people on the wall coudl hear you.
Jun 09 23:31:07 <Maddy> "You had better come in then."
Jun 09 23:31:09 <Echo> He lights one up.
Jun 09 23:31:16 <Maddy> A gate starts to open.
Jun 09 23:31:25 <Echo> "On foot or in the- … truck."
Jun 09 23:31:37 <Gara> "Alright. Roll us forwards?"
Jun 09 23:31:43 <Gara> John makes /all/ the note of /that/
Jun 09 23:31:51 <Maddy> "The truck is fine." Hikaru rolls forwards.
Jun 09 23:33:39 <Maddy> Inside there are a buncha dudes milling about…they all look to be pretty much the same height and build as the guy who greeted you. He's gone back tot he guard shack, but there's another guy inside who's obviously waiting for you.
Jun 09 23:34:14 <Echo> Leaning forward over the cab, Mitchell clasps his hands together, right on top. He looks around between all the guys on the ground. *That's* definitely a little odd.
Jun 09 23:34:30 <Gara> John opens the door to the truck. He's already not liking this too much."
Jun 09 23:34:33 <Gara> -"
Jun 09 23:34:47 <Maddy> "So they've found someone to do their dirty work then?"
Jun 09 23:34:51 <Maddy> says the dude.
Jun 09 23:35:49 <Gara> "If we were doing their work, we wouldn't be here."
Jun 09 23:35:55 <Gara> He steps out of the truck.
Jun 09 23:36:04 <Echo> "Might also be salient to mention we're not exactly sure what kinda work we was gettin' asked to do."
Jun 09 23:36:11 <Maddy> "Oh I've gathered that, I just meant that that's what they wanted."
Jun 09 23:36:40 <Gara> "Yeah."
Jun 09 23:37:21 <Maddy> "Well if you're speaking to me you also know who they are then. We have no interest in letting you do what they've asked."
Jun 09 23:37:49 <Gara> "And we have no interest in doing what they asked."
Jun 09 23:38:22 <Echo> "We're not even positive'a who anybody is. I mean, right John?"
Jun 09 23:38:49 <Gara> "Pretty much. We /think/ we know who the scientists are with."
Jun 09 23:39:03 <Maddy> "Good. What you would have done would have effectively killed all the men in this posting. Perhaps though, you could help mke sure no one else is tricked."
Jun 09 23:39:09 <Gara> "And we, frankly, have no fuckin idea who you are."
Jun 09 23:39:46 <Echo> Mitchell looks around the assembled group again, all around. About how many are there?
Jun 09 23:40:10 <Maddy> "You can lable us a consequence of how much the CI has to learn."
Jun 09 23:40:33 <Gara> "They're baking soldiers?"
Jun 09 23:41:13 <Maddy> The ones standing around, there's the one talking to you and then one mroe for each of you. Probably more in second floors of buildings and so on.
Jun 09 23:41:16 <Echo> Wincing a little, Mitchell leans down toward John. "Maybe, uh, watch how yer phrasin' shit?"
Jun 09 23:43:11 <Maddy> It's pretty clear they could probably just wipe you right out if they wanted to. Mitchell you get the feeling from these guys that you might get from a fellow professional while you're jsut waaaating for front line shit to popoff
Jun 09 23:43:19 <Maddy> "Yes. Well. They were."
Jun 09 23:43:58 <Gara> "Right. So how did that back fire on them exactly? If you care to tell to story, I mean."
Jun 09 23:45:06 <Maddy> "Simply. We developed personalities too close to normal humans. In essence, became people."
Jun 09 23:45:22 <Gara> John nods.
Jun 09 23:45:57 <Gara> "I've gotta ask. Why haven't you wiped that lab out? I mean, it's CI. They are actively harmful."
Jun 09 23:47:25 <Maddy> "They have a menthod to control us. It simply doesn't reach this far."
Jun 09 23:47:31 <Echo> "Maybe they're not keen on doin' the same thing I ain't keen on. Y'all was talkin' about doin' the same thing."
Jun 09 23:47:37 <Echo> "… or that."
Jun 09 23:48:09 <Maddy> "We would gladly see the reap what they have sown, but I like my free will."
Jun 09 23:48:35 <Gara> "Alright. Well. In that case…"
Jun 09 23:48:55 <Echo> "But I mean, what, ain't nobody talkin' about goin' back there and straight up gunnin' down a buncha eggheads in lab coats?"
Jun 09 23:49:06 <Maddy> "Assumadly they've given you access to the lab."
Jun 09 23:49:48 <Gara> He looks at Mitchell. "Yeah actually. I am."
Jun 09 23:50:42 <Maddy> "They aren't people anymore than we are, however, there is a less violent way to it, if it's not to your tastes."
Jun 09 23:50:44 <Echo> "Dude, there's a fuckin' line. They ain't takin' up arms against. That's *murder*, John."
Jun 09 23:51:57 <MonkeyBomb> "…Let's hear this less violent plan."
Jun 09 23:52:37 <Gara> "I don't think you know exactly what exactly we're dealing with, Michell. That group? Was building a slave army. That's what this was, and we can all be damn glad they didn't pull it off, and this group got away."
Jun 09 23:52:58 <Maddy> "If you go into the lab here, and set it to destruct, all arms of this lab will shut down. The meat puppets they're using to run the place will cease to function."
Jun 09 23:53:11 <Gara> "… That works. Good."
Jun 09 23:54:28 <Echo> "Meat puppets?"
Jun 09 23:54:30 <Maddy> "Fair warning, I don't know if they currently have any creations or captives on site at the Glade. If they do, they will be let loose."
Jun 09 23:55:12 <Gara> "We'll take a look first."
Jun 09 23:55:14 <Maddy> "Their method of control for us is the same that's controling the scientists at the labs. I'm sure you noticed they were all similar in appearence."
Jun 09 23:56:31 * Devereaux_ (~Dev@BFEC7F02:E8C8D39E:5EB4EEF8:IP) has joined #afteractionmission
Jun 09 23:56:39 * Devereaux has quit (Ping timeout: 188 seconds)
Jun 09 23:56:40 <Echo> "… all right. So, what, we give 'em warnin'?"
Jun 09 23:56:44 * Devereaux_ is now known as Devereaux
Jun 09 23:56:56 <Gara> "We try to get them away from the site."
Jun 09 23:57:07 <Gara> "Just to make sure."
Jun 09 23:57:11 <Gara> "… Also. They have magic there."
Jun 09 23:57:19 <Maddy> "No, the reactor is here."
Jun 09 23:57:25 <Maddy> "Where you were headed anyways."
Jun 09 23:57:54 <Gara> "We were supposed to put a thing in a computer to link it back to them."
Jun 09 23:58:25 <Gara> "And I felt something magical there."
Jun 09 23:58:54 <Maddy> "This is unsurprising, but shutting down this location will shut dow their location."
Jun 09 23:59:12 <Gara> … What?
Jun 09 23:59:51 <Maddy> "I'm not sure where your confusion is. You were given access to the facility to the north yes?"
Jun 10 00:00:11 <Echo> "They gave us access, John."
Jun 10 00:00:55 <Echo> "So… well, we go there an' shut it down, we get what you *and* these guys want."
Jun 10 00:01:13 <Gara> "Right. Then we'll do that."
Jun 10 00:01:33 <Maddy> "Good luck."
Jun 10 00:02:02 <Gara> John gets back in the truck.
Jun 10 00:02:58 <Maddy> once everyone's in, Hkarus backs out again. "Shall we?"
Jun 10 00:03:54 <Gara> "Yeah."
Jun 10 00:04:41 <Maddy> Hikaru heads to the race way! The gate shuts behind them
Jun 10 00:05:46 <Maddy> Eventually she gets to the place and pulsl to a stop.
Jun 10 21:12:01 <Maddy> When we last left out intrepit heroes, they had just pulled up outside of the raceway main building.
Jun 10 21:12:07 <Maddy> Hikaru kills the engine.
Jun 10 21:12:36 <Echo> Mitchell bangs on the top of the cab from where he's standing in the back.
Jun 10 21:12:44 <Maddy> "What?"
Jun 10 21:13:18 <Echo> "So… what are we settlin' on doin'? Those guys in the labcoats, I mean."
Jun 10 21:13:31 <Maddy> "What?"
Jun 10 21:13:47 <Gara> "I want to move them out."
Jun 10 21:13:59 <Gara> "And then shut down that facility."
Jun 10 21:14:12 <Echo> "The guys back there said they was like them, right? Yeah. I still ain't down for just gunnin' people down, to be clear on that."
Jun 10 21:14:19 <Maddy> "…did no one hear what the soldiers said?"
Jun 10 21:14:41 <Gara> "Yeah. That's why I'm saying we move the labcoats to somewhere else."
Jun 10 21:15:50 <Maddy> One of her apendages is interfacing with the program they were given to reprogram the lab. "How would we even do that? I was under the impression they were pupets."
Jun 10 21:16:12 <Echo> "Yeah, I heard that, too."
Jun 10 21:16:23 <Gara> "By putting them in the back of the truck and driving?"
Jun 10 21:16:36 <Echo> "I'm just sayin', though. I mean, I don't know if you talked to 'em or not, but they seemed pretty well like you or me."
Jun 10 21:16:46 <Maddy> "But once we destroy the puppeteer…they're going to be like…
Jun 10 21:16:54 <Maddy> "Nothing."
Jun 10 21:18:02 <Maddy> "Either way, this thing should get us into a computer in the base once I;ve reprogrammed it."
Jun 10 21:18:42 <Echo> "Fuckin' Christ, man… I don't know about this shit. I mean, they said back there they was the same way, until they, uh, developed or whatever, right? I mean, we're goin' on word'a mouth by them the same way we was when we drove off from the lab coats."
Jun 10 21:19:13 <Maddy> "Well, we can just poke aroudn the facility a while and then make our decision."
Jun 10 21:19:29 <MonkeyBomb> "What are we going to tell the labcoats when we get back?"
Jun 10 21:19:34 <Echo> "Right…"
Jun 10 21:19:53 <MonkeyBomb> "And I doubt they'll just let us poke around on their computers."
Jun 10 21:20:09 <Gara> "We have Hikaru for that."
Jun 10 21:20:09 <Maddy> "…what?"
Jun 10 21:20:23 <Echo> "Then we play it by ear. Let's just roll."
Jun 10 21:20:23 <Maddy> "Poke aroudn the computers here."
Jun 10 21:20:28 <Maddy> "There's no one here to stop us."
Jun 10 21:20:32 <MonkeyBomb> Brock sighs.
Jun 10 21:22:22 <Gara> "Right."
Jun 10 21:23:19 <Maddy> Hikaru finishes what she's doing. "Alright, now the program they had on here is supressed, and it should get me by the overload script they have on their stuff. After you."
Jun 10 21:31:10 <Echo> Mitchell lights a cigarette and leans against the back of the cab, standing by.
Jun 10 21:32:16 <Gara> "Okay."
Jun 10 21:32:39 <Gara> "I think I prefer shutting down the lab."
Jun 10 21:33:01 <Maddy> "Do we loot first?"
Jun 10 21:33:10 <MonkeyBomb> "Why the lab and not the militia over there." He points to wherever the other soldier dude camp was.
Jun 10 21:33:28 <MonkeyBomb> "Or why not just say fuck it and never come back here again?"
Jun 10 21:33:30 <Echo> "Because those guys would kill the shit out of us, Brock."
Jun 10 21:33:42 <MonkeyBomb> He shrugs.
Jun 10 21:33:46 <Echo> "They had a million fuckin' snipers up there."
Jun 10 21:34:04 <Echo> "And this place is like dead on the side of the road on the route east this way."
Jun 10 21:34:52 <MonkeyBomb> He nods. "Yeah, you're right. So I guess we don't have much choice, then, do we?"
Jun 10 21:35:44 <MonkeyBomb> "Exterminate lab clones to get on soldier clones' good side."
Jun 10 21:35:47 <Gara> "Not really."
Jun 10 21:35:50 * Tox|Work (artsuhtaraz.hc|rps.suht#artsuhtaraz.hc|rps.suht) has joined #afteractionmission
Jun 10 21:35:57 <Echo> "Well, we could, but… hey, close books where ya find 'em open."
Jun 10 21:36:34 <Echo> "And yeah, that was kinda on my mind, Brock."
Jun 10 21:36:47 <Echo> "Be nice to have those guys on our side, maybe."
Jun 10 21:37:22 <Gara> "If it ever comes up…"
Jun 10 21:37:59 <Echo> "So… we do this, as little violence as possible."
Jun 10 21:40:03 <Maddy> "Shall we then?"
Jun 10 21:40:21 <MonkeyBomb> "Let's do whatever the hell it is we're gonna do."
Jun 10 21:40:38 <Echo> "Yeah, let's roll."
Jun 10 21:41:43 <Gara> John produces card
Jun 10 21:44:26 <Gara> "And here's this thing."
Jun 10 21:45:22 <Maddy> "So where are we going?"
Jun 10 21:45:38 <Gara> "The place where the reactor is?"
Jun 10 21:46:42 <Maddy> "I wasnt there for that convesation as to where the entrance is."
Jun 10 21:46:55 <Echo> Mitchell hops off the back of the truck and starts for the building.
Jun 10 21:48:21 <Gara> "It was here, wasn't it? I believe so at least."
Jun 10 21:49:13 <Echo> "Yeah, this is it, near as I can tell."
Jun 10 21:50:22 <Maddy> "Alright, well."
Jun 10 21:50:51 <Echo> Describe the building, Maddy?
Jun 10 21:52:35 <Maddy> Its a large sort of half barn, half countr club looking thing. This appears to be a horse racing ring.
Jun 10 21:53:00 <Echo> Front doors look like they're blocked, or anything?
Jun 10 21:53:16 <Echo> Mitchell heads toward the obvious public entryway.
Jun 10 21:53:33 * Vorcha is now known as Vorchasleep
Jun 10 21:53:51 <Maddy> Thay're actually kinda busted in, probably by raiders before the mercs moved in next door.
Jun 10 21:53:51 <Gara> John goes with him!
Jun 10 21:54:19 <MonkeyBomb> Brock and Ace keep pace with the others.
Jun 10 21:55:10 <Echo> His rifle comes up as he steps in past the wrecked doors. Damaged architecture rarely means anything good. "Y'all keep an eye out. Whatever did this might still be inside."
Jun 10 21:55:48 <MonkeyBomb> Brock glances at Ace to see if he's reacting to anything.
Jun 10 21:55:53 <Maddy> Hikaru puts the device in her bag, and takes out her shooty bang.
Jun 10 21:55:53 <MonkeyBomb> Wild animals. Zombies. What have you.
Jun 10 21:56:18 <Maddy> Nothin.
Jun 10 21:57:21 <Gara> John peeks inside
Jun 10 21:57:54 <Echo> "Looks clear just inside." After squinting futilely, Mitchell clicks his flashlight on.
Jun 10 21:58:33 <MonkeyBomb> Brock peeks around the door.
Jun 10 21:58:49 <Maddy> The place looks thouroghly looted and messed up inside what looks to be the main sitting room. There are large windows facing the track, fr people who want to watch without going outside, theres a sing pointing to a banquet hall and a barn.
Jun 10 22:00:39 <Echo> "Uhhhh… you think this is actually the right place?"
Jun 10 22:01:41 <Gara> "I dunno."
Jun 10 22:01:50 <Maddy> "Where is the entrance suposed to be?"
Jun 10 22:02:13 <MonkeyBomb> "Basement?"
Jun 10 22:02:26 <Gara> "There was a supposed to be a door for the keycard."
Jun 10 22:02:37 <MonkeyBomb> He shrugs. "If I were to hide something important in a place like this, basement is the first place I'd put it."
Jun 10 22:02:49 <Maddy> "Should we split into groups to find it then?"
Jun 10 22:04:07 <MonkeyBomb> Do they have radios?
Jun 10 22:04:34 <Maddy> yes
Jun 10 22:04:37 <Echo> "Yeah… probably a basement, an'… shit, I guess we could."
Jun 10 22:04:55 <Gara> John goes into the barn, and looks around for a basement
Jun 10 22:05:30 <Echo> Mitchell heads into the dining area, looking maybe for a service door.
Jun 10 22:06:01 <Maddy> The barn doesnt have a basement. The dining area has a door labled employees only.
Jun 10 22:06:39 <Gara> He comes back out
Jun 10 22:07:26 <Echo> Mitchell tries the handle.
Jun 10 22:07:42 <Echo> He whistles loudly. "Think we got a candidate, maybe."
Jun 10 22:08:04 <Gara> John looks for him! "Oh yeah?!"
Jun 10 22:08:14 <Maddy> Its locked, but it loks like thise door is a regular lock.
Jun 10 22:09:43 <Echo> Anyone watching will see Mitchell take a few steps back.
Jun 10 22:09:45 <Echo> Then a few more.
Jun 10 22:09:48 <Echo> Then a couple more.
Jun 10 22:09:55 <Echo> Until he's at the opposite wall.
Jun 10 22:10:10 <Echo> He charges forward, throwing himself full speed into the door.
Jun 10 22:10:32 <Echo> 4df+3 MITCHELL SMASH
Jun 10 22:10:32 <CROM> Echo: MITCHELL SMASH: 2 (4df+3=0, 0, -, 0)
Jun 10 22:10:59 <Maddy> It hurts a bit but he gets through. This is no DOOR.
Jun 10 22:11:05 * Tehpillowstar (srats.eht.ees.n|c.uoy#srats.eht.ees.n|c.uoy) has joined #afteractionmission
Jun 10 22:11:49 <Echo> He disappears out of sight as he plows through it, crashing down on the other side.
Jun 10 22:12:21 <Echo> "Ow, fuck." He lets go with a groan, and just lays on the floor for a minute.
Jun 10 22:12:36 <Maddy> In the small room his finds himself in, there's a door to the kitchen, it was kicked in a while ago from the other side, and there's another employees only door here.
Jun 10 22:12:46 <Maddy> It has a key card lock.
Jun 10 22:13:24 <Echo> Mitchell keeps laying there, but points at the other door. "I think this is it, dude."
Jun 10 22:13:33 <Gara> John comes in behind him after he undoes the door. "Great!"
Jun 10 22:14:10 <Maddy> It goes PING and makes an unlocking sound.
Jun 10 22:15:02 <MonkeyBomb> Brock offers him a hand as he walks by.
Jun 10 22:16:17 <Echo> Evan takes it, hefting himself up. "Thank ya thank ya. One'a y'all gets to shoulder-check the next one."
Jun 10 22:17:13 <MonkeyBomb> Brock chuckles.
Jun 10 22:17:41 <Gara> "Not it"
Jun 10 22:19:13 <Maddy> The second door beccons.
Jun 10 22:19:22 <Maddy> becons?
Jun 10 22:19:24 <Maddy> whatever
Jun 10 22:19:38 <Gara> John does the unlock!
Jun 10 22:19:43 <Maddy> It goes PING and makes an unlocking sound.
Jun 10 22:19:54 <Gara> The door is opened!
Jun 10 22:20:14 <Maddy> There's a slopped hallway with what looks like an elevator at the end.
Jun 10 22:20:28 <MonkeyBomb> "Basement. Told yah."
Jun 10 22:20:57 <Echo> "Ooooh… fancy. An' yeah, guess ya did." Mitchell starts tromping down. "You figure that keycard's good for everything down here?"
Jun 10 22:21:07 <Maddy> "Worth trying."
Jun 10 22:22:24 <Gara> "Maybe."
Jun 10 22:22:37 <Gara> He starts down to the elevator.
Jun 10 22:22:40 <Maddy> Hikaru follows the others.
Jun 10 22:22:48 <MonkeyBomb> Brock and Ace go.
Jun 10 22:24:30 <Echo> There any buttons the thing?
Jun 10 22:25:32 <Maddy> Yes, just one. Down.
Jun 10 22:25:47 * Tom90deg (~ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.286B1343-CRInys|ged09moT#ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.286B1343-CRInys|ged09moT) has joined #afteractionmission
Jun 10 22:25:47 <Echo> "Oh shit."
Jun 10 22:25:56 <MonkeyBomb> "…."
Jun 10 22:25:59 <Gara> "Well… Here we go."
Jun 10 22:26:04 <Echo> Mitchell leans over, peering at the button.
Jun 10 22:26:13 <MonkeyBomb> The *single* button?
Jun 10 22:26:21 <Echo> Yep. "Guys. I think we might need to go grab Hikaru."
Jun 10 22:26:25 <Maddy> "I'm right here."
Jun 10 22:26:32 <Gara> John points.
Jun 10 22:26:48 <Echo> He looks back at her. "You wanna take care of this?"
Jun 10 22:27:02 <Echo> "Tech's way above my head."
Jun 10 22:27:29 <Maddy> "…Uuh sure." she pushes the button with her troll arm just to be obtuse.
Jun 10 22:28:32 <Gara> "How did you do that? Can you show me next time"
Jun 10 22:28:42 <Maddy> The doors open after some time. Hikaru rolls her eyes.
Jun 10 22:30:05 <Echo> "Fuckin' magic." Evan steps inside, leaning against the door to make sure it doesn't close.
Jun 10 22:30:25 <Maddy> inside there's just a key card slot again.
Jun 10 22:32:44 <Echo> "Hell, swipe it. Shit's set up secure."
Jun 10 22:33:21 <Gara> Swipe
Jun 10 22:33:54 <Maddy> The doors try to close, unless Mitchell is still in the way.
Jun 10 22:34:11 <MonkeyBomb> "Secure." Brock accompanies that with air quotes.
Jun 10 22:34:58 <Echo> "Well, it would be, if the owners was watchin' it when the place was at it's prime."
Jun 10 22:35:10 <Echo> "No buttons to fuck with, nothin' you can spoof, just a card reader."
Jun 10 22:35:45 <Gara> "Well uh"
Jun 10 22:35:55 <Gara> "I'm pretty fuckin sure you can spoof a magnetic strip."
Jun 10 22:37:15 <Maddy> The doors close and you start to decend.
Jun 10 22:37:16 * MonkeyBomb has quit (Connection reset by peer)
Jun 10 22:37:21 <Echo> "Well yeah, but it ain't exactly easy ."
Jun 10 22:37:44 <Echo> "An' it's less easy if ya had a buncha guys here watchin' to make sure the right people was the only ones comin' through."
Jun 10 22:37:46 <Maddy> Brock falls into a sudden coma.
Jun 10 22:37:59 <Gara> "And if you're a group infiltrating a CI compound…"
Jun 10 22:38:15 <Gara> He shrugs. "Yeah, the supervision is the secure part."
Jun 10 22:40:25 <Maddy> "CI was always the worst for me to infiltrate."
Jun 10 22:41:10 * MonkeyBomb (gnihton.w|s.uoy#gnihton.w|s.uoy) has joined #afteractionmission
Jun 10 22:41:25 <Maddy> Brock comes out of his coma.
Jun 10 22:41:27 <Gara> "I imagine."
Jun 10 22:41:50 <Maddy> "Mostly it was the fact that we had no real way of knowing what they would do to me."
Jun 10 22:42:02 <Echo> "… creepy."
Jun 10 22:42:19 <Maddy> "The other groups were very much predictable."
Jun 10 22:42:41 <Gara> "Yeah. Yeah." He chuckles. "Yeah, it's like that. I didn't fight them much."
Jun 10 22:43:18 <Maddy> After a while the elevator slows and dings, then opens.
Jun 10 22:43:48 <MonkeyBomb> The game has finished loading.
Jun 10 22:44:32 <Echo> What's on the other side of the doors at the bottom?
Jun 10 22:45:09 <Maddy> The place you see before you is very clinical and clean. Whatever automated systems they had doing upkeep are still running. You appear to be at a T junction. The sign says:
Jun 10 22:45:56 <Maddy> <--Computer Mainframe/Labs - Reactor/Armory ---->
Jun 10 22:46:16 <Maddy> There's still a slight crackle of magic in the air.
Jun 10 22:46:24 <Maddy> Bt this magic feels…artificial.
Jun 10 22:46:53 <Echo> "Well that keeps things nice an' fuckin' simple, huh?"
Jun 10 22:47:13 <Gara> "Produced magic."
Jun 10 22:47:17 <Gara> "… It's… really weird."
Jun 10 22:47:25 <Echo> Mitchell points up at the sight aiming right. "That's everything we want in a fuckin' gift basket- huh?"
Jun 10 22:47:28 <Gara> "It's wrong. Really wrong."
Jun 10 22:47:32 <Maddy> "So do we want to do research first of just blow the top off of the place?"
Jun 10 22:47:45 <Gara> "Know your enemy."
Jun 10 22:47:53 * LucienTel (moc.rr.ser.nitsua.CEEA8312-CRInys|tibbiM#moc.rr.ser.nitsua.CEEA8312-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
Jun 10 22:47:57 <Gara> "Lets take a look at what they're doing."
Jun 10 22:48:26 <Maddy> "Right." Hikaru starts towards the place with the computers and lab.
Jun 10 22:48:35 <MonkeyBomb> Brock goes along.
Jun 10 22:48:42 <Gara> John goes!
Jun 10 22:48:48 <MonkeyBomb> Ace's nails click-clack on the hard tiled floor as he walks.
Jun 10 22:49:33 <Maddy> "Puppy sounds like he needs his nails clipped." They come to another fork in the road. Straight on or to the right.
Jun 10 22:49:39 <Maddy> Right is labled labs
Jun 10 22:49:47 <Maddy> straigh is mainframe.
Jun 10 22:49:58 <Gara> "Right first. Then mainframe."
Jun 10 22:50:53 <Echo> Mitchell just keeps pace with John and Brock. "You figure this is gonna tell us anything about the guys in the lab coats? Doctor whatshisname an' his buddies? I mean, we ain't even know what we're lookin' for."
Jun 10 22:51:14 <Gara> "Probably."
Jun 10 22:52:23 <Maddy> "I'll find soething."
Jun 10 22:53:23 <Echo> "So, we just gonna hit the computers, or…" He points at the "mainframe" route.
Jun 10 22:53:41 <Maddy> When they get to the labs, gues what!
Jun 10 22:53:46 <Gara> "Labs I think." He goes to door. Keycards.
Jun 10 22:53:46 <Maddy> Another door with key card.
Jun 10 22:53:56 <Maddy> It opens! looks like you have a master card.
Jun 10 22:54:21 <Gara> He steps on in!
Jun 10 22:54:35 <Echo> "I'll wait outside."
Jun 10 22:54:55 <Echo> The door to the labs, of course. Not completely ourside.
Jun 10 22:55:57 <Maddy> Hikaru follows. This seems to be the outsde of many other all glass elcosed labs. There are some computers in each lab, and in the main room they're in now.
Jun 10 22:56:35 <MonkeyBomb> Brock goes into the labs with Hikaru and John.
Jun 10 22:57:01 <Maddy> There's less of the magic ick here.
Jun 10 22:57:36 <Maddy> Hikaru turns on a computer and hooks up the device they were given and waits a moment.
Jun 10 22:58:07 <Maddy> "Hopefully I don't jsut break everything…"
Jun 10 22:58:10 <Gara> "Less magic here."
Jun 10 22:59:32 <Maddy> "Oh?" as the thing finishes its start up, the very spartan background has a little logo kinda like the vitruvian man, but with non-standard apendages, and the name "Catharsis Labs" under it.
Jun 10 23:00:00 <Gara> "Yeah."
Jun 10 23:00:21 <MonkeyBomb> Brock pokes around in some drawers.
Jun 10 23:00:45 <Maddy> "Perhaps the place is powered by magic then?" she interfaces with the device and all sorts of files and shit start popping open.
Jun 10 23:00:53 <Maddy> BROCK
Jun 10 23:00:58 <MonkeyBomb> ;)
Jun 10 23:01:03 <Maddy> You found the junk drawr!
Jun 10 23:01:05 <Maddy> Good job.
Jun 10 23:01:12 <Gara> "I think so!"
Jun 10 23:01:27 <Maddy> "I wonder what tht means doe shutting it down."
Jun 10 23:01:53 <MonkeyBomb> Brock frowns at all the left-over candy wrappers.
Jun 10 23:02:13 <Maddy> Theres twine and paper clips too
Jun 10 23:02:18 <Maddy> Even bulldog clips.
Jun 10 23:02:57 <Gara> "I dunno. Let me know what you find there.'
Jun 10 23:04:52 <Maddy> Once there's a fair ammount open she starts going through them manualy. "Unfortunately I'm still only human in the brain." she laughs. "Hmmm. Catharsis Labs….looks like they were working on using magic as a power source, humans as parts for something called a CI-SS and the floating nurse…"
Jun 10 23:05:32 <MonkeyBomb> "Floating nurse…?"
Jun 10 23:06:01 <Echo> Mitchell peaks in. "Nurses?"
Jun 10 23:06:38 <Gara> "… Magic as power source."
Jun 10 23:07:14 <Maddy> "Oh! Here's our friends from the town." she points to the screen. "Genetically engineered soldiers. Compassion supressed, made to get feelings of acoplisment when enacting violence on their enemies. Heavily instilled to protect on and other."
Jun 10 23:07:39 <Maddy> "I guess developing a moral compass was not planned."
Jun 10 23:07:56 <Gara> "Nope."
Jun 10 23:08:14 <Maddy> "Hmm, yeah the soldiers were commissioned by the Insurgency…so what s Catharsis?"
Jun 10 23:08:43 <MonkeyBomb> "Good thing, or we'd probably be dead right now."
Jun 10 23:09:18 <Gara> "I'm… not sure."
Jun 10 23:10:04 <Gara> "Sounds like bad shit."
Jun 10 23:10:17 <Gara> "Back to things keeping me up at night."
Jun 10 23:10:39 <Echo> "Emotional release. Makes sense. I mean, you know, given what she said they was makin'."
Jun 10 23:10:50 <Maddy> She tries to open some more files. The screen lock for a momen. "Access restricted to Counsil Members. Nearest Proxy. Iapitus. Housing Counsilmember 03."
Jun 10 23:10:53 <Gara> "Nurses?"
Jun 10 23:11:24 <Maddy> the file closes and unlocks. "Well that was enlightening…Floating nurses…" she clicks that.
Jun 10 23:11:34 <Maddy> http://keiththompsonart.com/images/full/s19.jpg This comes up.
Jun 10 23:12:32 <MonkeyBomb> "Hey, Mitch. Found your nurse."
Jun 10 23:12:35 <Gara> "… Yeah no."
Jun 10 23:12:45 <MonkeyBomb> "She's a real looker."
Jun 10 23:12:46 <Maddy> "Looks like they're built to find survivors in disaster situations. The legs are mostly for stability and drection, but they have little floaters that keep th bodies airborn."
Jun 10 23:13:08 <Maddy> "Powered by…a modified human metabolic process…" she frowns.
Jun 10 23:13:21 <Echo> He steps over, whistling. "Doesn't sound so bad."
Jun 10 23:13:53 <Gara> "… Yeah."
Jun 10 23:13:55 <Maddy> Another picture shos that the arms are double jointed and can unfold to become even longer.
Jun 10 23:14:50 <Maddy> "There's not much more interesting here, though the implications that Iapitus is a direct proxy for a high ranking member of the CI worries me."
Jun 10 23:15:19 <Gara> "Alright." He sighs. "Mainframe?"
Jun 10 23:15:23 <Echo> "So let's just go an' shut the shit down. The reactor. It's right that way."
Jun 10 23:16:11 <MonkeyBomb> "Yeah, let's just get this over with. I wouldn't be surprised if somebody knows we're here looking at their nurses already…"
Jun 10 23:16:23 <Maddy> "Well they did send us here."
Jun 10 23:17:42 <Gara> "Yeah."
Jun 10 23:18:10 <Maddy> Hikaru shuts down he machine and retrieves the device.
Jun 10 23:18:55 <Maddy> "I'll follow you."
Jun 10 23:19:07 <Gara> John goes to the mainframe and keyswipes.
Jun 10 23:19:37 <Maddy> Inside there are massive servers, and one single intface computer.
Jun 10 23:20:58 <MonkeyBomb> "So, that'll kill the soldiers." MonkeyBomb's pretty sure he's been following along with all this.
Jun 10 23:21:43 <Maddy> "Or something close to it. They were a little vague."
Jun 10 23:21:47 <Gara> "Lets not do that then."
Jun 10 23:21:54 <MonkeyBomb> "Or… Whatever to them."
Jun 10 23:21:59 <Gara> He leaves that room.
Jun 10 23:22:10 <Maddy> "To the reactor then?"
Jun 10 23:22:36 <MonkeyBomb> Brock goes.
Jun 10 23:22:38 <Gara> John leads to there
Jun 10 23:22:59 <Maddy> The artificial magic feeling is definitly getting stronger behind this door.
Jun 10 23:23:23 <Echo> 4df+4 Mitchell's listening for anything down here. That thing he saw on the computer actually has him a little creeped out.
Jun 10 23:23:23 <CROM> Echo: Mitchell's listening for anything down here. That thing he saw on the computer actually has him a little creeped out.: 2 (4df+4=-, -, +, -)
Jun 10 23:23:24 <Gara> He swipes!
Jun 10 23:23:27 <Echo> poop
Jun 10 23:23:58 <Gara> He does not swipe poop
Jun 10 23:23:59 <MonkeyBomb> Brock feels the same way about those nurses. Not exactly the kind you'd want to make out with.
Jun 10 23:24:00 <Gara> He swi[es card
Jun 10 23:24:33 <Maddy> It lets him in, the magic wave amost knocks him right over but he adapt quickly. Probably cause it's fake wierd science magic.
Jun 10 23:24:46 <MonkeyBomb> You could say John penetrated the door.
Jun 10 23:24:55 <Echo> Would regular people feel anything amiss there?
Jun 10 23:25:07 <Maddy> The reactor kinda looks like a small version of the reactor thing from Advent Horizon.
Jun 10 23:25:13 <Maddy> So if you;ce seen that movies
Jun 10 23:25:21 <Maddy> You've probably gonna feel somethings amiss
Jun 10 23:25:25 <Maddy> otherwise no
Jun 10 23:25:36 <Gara> "Ugh."
Jun 10 23:25:41 <Gara> "I /hate/ this."
Jun 10 23:26:11 <Maddy> "What would overloading it do to you, John?"
Jun 10 23:26:22 <Maddy> "I mean if I did it."
Jun 10 23:26:39 <Gara> "I… Don't know."
Jun 10 23:26:47 <Gara> "I'd probably be okay."
Jun 10 23:26:55 <Gara> "Just doesn't feel great."
Jun 10 23:28:05 <Echo> "We, uh… huh." Mitchell scratches his chin, looking around the room. There any hazard warnings? Like, documentation, controls, panels, anything like that?
Jun 10 23:28:05 <Maddy> "Alright." She hooks up the device to the computer interface, and then connects herself to that. "Hmmm this might take a mome-" there's a klaxxon sound.
Jun 10 23:28:14 <Gara> "…"
Jun 10 23:28:20 <Gara> "What did you do"
Jun 10 23:28:38 <MonkeyBomb> Brock goes back and looks out the door into the hallways.
Jun 10 23:28:42 <MonkeyBomb> *hallway
Jun 10 23:28:52 <MonkeyBomb> Ace's ears perk up at the alarm.
Jun 10 23:28:54 <Maddy> Other than the computer Hikaru's plugged into there's nothing. "Well…I guess the device isn't foolproof, but I'm in…I'm not going to be able to help with whatever's coming."
Jun 10 23:28:56 <MonkeyBomb> "Shit."
Jun 10 23:29:12 <Echo> "Wait, what? What do you mean whatever's coming?"
Jun 10 23:29:16 <Gara> "What."
Jun 10 23:29:25 <Gara> "How about we get that door closed"
Jun 10 23:29:34 <MonkeyBomb> Brock closes it.
Jun 10 23:29:44 <MonkeyBomb> "Well, this is cozy."
Jun 10 23:29:54 <Maddy> There's the sound of approaching footsteps.
Jun 10 23:30:02 <Maddy> I almost typed roll initiative.
Jun 10 23:30:22 <Gara> I miss DnD. John raises his rifle at the door.
Jun 10 23:30:31 <MonkeyBomb> Brock steps to the side of the door.
Jun 10 23:30:55 <MonkeyBomb> His rifle is in his hands.
Jun 10 23:31:01 <Echo> Yeah, Mitchell's just gonna try to hide behind something, anything if it's available.
Jun 10 23:31:08 <Echo> Otherwise, he's just getting around the corner of the door.
Jun 10 23:31:15 <Maddy> http://after-action.wikidot.com/local--files/character:security-system/assaultdoll.jpg 2 of theses are apreaching the door.
Jun 10 23:31:29 <Maddy> Not a lot of cover, unfortunately.
Jun 10 23:31:47 <MonkeyBomb> So is the door closed, or is everybody still at the end near the reactor?
Jun 10 23:31:52 <Echo> He's just getting out of line of sight then, hopefully.
Jun 10 23:32:08 <Maddy> The door is closed, but hikaru is by the reactor and in plain sight of these things.
Jun 10 23:32:41 <Maddy> idk where John is, thats up to Gara.
Jun 10 23:33:02 <Gara> Yeah I was under the impression we were inside a closed room? John is with Jason, because he trusts that tactical sense
Jun 10 23:33:36 <Gara> "Maybe we should open the door and shoot them."
Jun 10 23:33:39 <Gara> "That seems wise."
Jun 10 23:34:00 <MonkeyBomb> Brock is worried about who this Jason character is.
Jun 10 23:34:05 <Maddy> They're getting closer.
Jun 10 23:34:18 <Gara> Brock can suck it up. "Yeah?"
Jun 10 23:34:34 <MonkeyBomb> "What do you think?" He glances at Mitch.
Jun 10 23:35:18 <Echo> "I say we shoot now, while there's still some distance between us."
Jun 10 23:35:29 <MonkeyBomb> "On three?"
Jun 10 23:35:37 <Gara> "Yep."
Jun 10 23:35:39 <MonkeyBomb> Brock grabs the door handle.
Jun 10 23:35:50 <Echo> "Three."
Jun 10 23:36:02 <MonkeyBomb> *woosh* The door swings open.
Jun 10 23:36:08 <Maddy> Go for it they're not expecting it.
Jun 10 23:36:25 <Echo> 4df+4 Mitchell leans around his corner, chattering away with his little carbine.
Jun 10 23:36:25 <CROM> Echo: Mitchell leans around his corner, chattering away with his little carbine.: 3 (4df+4=+, -, 0, -)
Jun 10 23:36:41 <Gara> 4df+5 Taggin!
Jun 10 23:36:41 <CROM> Gara: Taggin!: 6 (4df+5=+, -, +, 0)
Jun 10 23:37:35 <Maddy> Please to be stting targets, we'll call them Left nd Right
Jun 10 23:37:58 <Gara> Right.
Jun 10 23:38:24 <MonkeyBomb> Brock brings his rifle around his corner of the door and pops a round into whichever one Mitch and John haven't shot, assuming there's room for him to do so.
Jun 10 23:38:43 <Echo> Left
Jun 10 23:38:59 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+4 He shoots … Right then.
Jun 10 23:38:59 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: He shoots … Right then.: 3 (4df+4=+, -, 0, -)
Jun 10 23:39:11 <Maddy> 4df+3 Vs gara
Jun 10 23:39:12 <CROM> Maddy: Vs gara: 2 (4df+3=-, -, +, 0)
Jun 10 23:39:19 <Maddy> 4df+3 Vs mitchell
Jun 10 23:39:20 <CROM> Maddy: Vs mitchell: 4 (4df+3=+, +, -, 0)
Jun 10 23:39:26 <Maddy> 4df+3 Vs brock
Jun 10 23:39:28 <CROM> Maddy: Vs brock: 0 (4df+3=0, -, -, -)
Jun 10 23:41:33 <Maddy> The odd shape of the machine throws off Mitchells' aim very slightly and he misses. John's bullet hits the one on the right in centre mass, and theres a bit of a cracking sound, and then some crumbling Mitchell will recognise.
Jun 10 23:41:36 <Maddy> 1d10
Jun 10 23:41:38 <CROM> Maddy: 2 (1d10=2)
Jun 10 23:44:33 <Echo> Mitchell immediately ducks and runs backwards from the door if he has time.
Jun 10 23:47:20 <MonkeyBomb> Ace growls uselessly.
Jun 10 23:47:21 <Maddy> Brock's bullet hits the right one again after John and it seems to make the thing stumble back very slightly, maybe actually tking damage.
Jun 10 23:47:43 <Maddy> Unless Ace is attacking it's their turn.
Jun 10 23:48:24 <MonkeyBomb> Ace is much too far away to attack things that are being shot at.
Jun 10 23:48:35 <Maddy> Alright
Jun 10 23:49:25 <MonkeyBomb> Brock, seeing Mitch's sudden reaction, tries to get out of the door's opening ASAP.
Jun 10 23:49:34 <Maddy> 4df+4 The one on the right dashes into the room, slashing at John.
Jun 10 23:49:36 <CROM> Maddy: The one on the right dashes into the room, slashing at John.: 5 (4df+4=0, +, 0, 0)
Jun 10 23:50:01 <Gara> 4df+2 John dies.
Jun 10 23:50:02 <CROM> Gara: John dies.: 4 (4df+2=+, 0, 0, +)
Jun 10 23:50:41 <Maddy> The odd red claw blades coming from the arms of the machine slash across John's arm, 2 damage.
Jun 10 23:51:45 <Maddy> 4df+4 The one on the left folds its arms back and it's abdomen opens, firing on Mitchell.
Jun 10 23:51:45 <CROM> Maddy: The one on the left folds its arms back and it's abdomen opens, firing on Mitchell.: 5 (4df+4=0, +, -, +)
Jun 10 23:52:05 <Echo> 4df+3 Mitchell's still hauling ass if he's got room, trying to keep his distan- fuck, he didn't see that coming.
Jun 10 23:52:05 <CROM> Echo: Mitchell's still hauling ass if he's got room, trying to keep his distan- fuck, he didn't see that coming.: 3 (4df+3=-, +, +, -)
Jun 10 23:52:44 <Maddy> He's pelted with boolet! 3 damage.
Jun 10 23:52:47 <Maddy> Your turn again.
Jun 10 23:53:02 <Echo> Mitchell's smacked to the ground by gunfire, dropping from beside Brock.
Jun 10 23:54:09 <Echo> Spending an AP 4df+4 He rolls over, screaming at the top of his lungs and trying to get the rifle pulled back around. After taking a moment to shakily sight in, he opens fire at the one John and Brock popped the cork on.
Jun 10 23:54:16 <Echo> 4df+4
Jun 10 23:54:17 <CROM> Echo: 1 (4df+4=0, -, -, -)
Jun 10 23:54:36 <Echo> 4df+4 He tosses the empty rifle and draws his handgun, firing again.
Jun 10 23:54:36 <Maddy> 4df+3 !!!
Jun 10 23:54:36 <CROM> Echo: He tosses the empty rifle and draws his handgun, firing again.: 6 (4df+4=-, +, +, +)
Jun 10 23:54:37 <CROM> Maddy: !!!: 6 (4df+3=+, +, 0, +)
Jun 10 23:54:45 <Maddy> 4df+3 do I roll twice?
Jun 10 23:54:46 <CROM> Maddy: do I roll twice?: 5 (4df+3=0, +, 0, +)
Jun 10 23:55:02 <Gara> 4df+3 Firing. Burning AP to heal at Mitchell. Murder the murderbot that is murdering him.
Jun 10 23:55:03 <CROM> Gara: Firing. Burning AP to heal at Mitchell. Murder the murderbot that is murdering him.: 4 (4df+3=0, +, +, -)
Jun 10 23:56:10 <Maddy> 4df+3 god damnit, also ya 2 body for Mitchell
Jun 10 23:56:11 <CROM> Maddy: god damnit, also ya 2 body for Mitchell: 4 (4df+3=0, -, +, +)
Jun 10 23:58:05 <Maddy> 1d10
Jun 10 23:58:06 <CROM> Maddy: 1 (1d10=1)
Jun 10 23:58:39 <Maddy> The first shots Mitchell fires go a little wide, but the pistol round hits!
Jun 10 23:59:58 <MonkeyBomb> Brock waits for his turn.
Jun 11 00:00:05 <Maddy> John's attack hits, but apprently doesn't hit anything vital aas it barely reacts.
Jun 11 00:00:09 <Maddy> Go brock
Jun 11 00:01:23 <MonkeyBomb> Brock slams the door shut so that Lefty is left outside the room (assuming it's not already in the room and there's nothing block a quick door kick).
Jun 11 00:01:35 <MonkeyBomb> He then fires at Righty.
Jun 11 00:01:37 <Maddy> Its kinda standing in the door
Jun 11 00:01:47 <MonkeyBomb> He still kicks the door!
Jun 11 00:01:59 <MonkeyBomb> Maybe it'll slam on its face.
Jun 11 00:01:59 <Maddy> Roll for shootbang
Jun 11 00:02:06 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+4 SHOOTBANG
Jun 11 00:02:06 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: SHOOTBANG: 3 (4df+4=0, +, -, -)
Jun 11 00:02:18 <Maddy> 4df+3 oh no!
Jun 11 00:02:18 <CROM> Maddy: oh no!: 3 (4df+3=0, 0, 0, 0)
Jun 11 00:02:26 <MonkeyBomb> Jeez.
Jun 11 00:02:36 <Maddy> The bullet hits again but still no real reaction.
Jun 11 00:02:40 <Maddy> Their turn.
Jun 11 00:03:09 <MonkeyBomb> Ace growls and barks but doesn't attack things that are getting shooted at.
Jun 11 00:03:46 <Maddy> Righty tries to pull back from John, not liking its chances at the point, it opens its abdomen.
Jun 11 00:03:55 <Maddy> 4df+4 DAKKA ON JOHN.
Jun 11 00:03:57 <CROM> Maddy: DAKKA ON JOHN.: 7 (4df+4=0, +, +, +)
Jun 11 00:03:59 <Maddy> WHAT
Jun 11 00:04:00 <MonkeyBomb> O_O
Jun 11 00:04:02 <Gara> 4df+3 NO YOU
Jun 11 00:04:03 <CROM> Gara: NO YOU: 3 (4df+3=-, +, +, -)
Jun 11 00:04:06 <Gara> FUCK
Jun 11 00:04:10 <Maddy> 3 damage for a John.
Jun 11 00:04:11 <Gara> -1 even.
Jun 11 00:04:39 <MonkeyBomb> Wait
Jun 11 00:04:41 <MonkeyBomb> Oops
Jun 11 00:05:45 <Maddy> Lefty KICKS THE DOOR BACK OPEN!
Jun 11 00:05:59 <MonkeyBomb> Ohshit.
Jun 11 00:06:05 <MonkeyBomb> That kinda backfired on Brock, didn't it?
Jun 11 00:06:07 <Maddy> It goes to pick up John.
Jun 11 00:06:07 <Echo> "SHUT DOWN THE FUCKIN' REACTOR. FUCK THESE THINGS."
Jun 11 00:06:19 <Maddy> "I need like 3 more mintes."
Jun 11 00:06:26 <Maddy> Str roll John
Jun 11 00:06:26 <Gara> "FUCK YOU THREE MINUTES"
Jun 11 00:06:36 <Gara> 4df+2 NO FUCK YOU
Jun 11 00:06:37 <CROM> Gara: NO FUCK YOU: 0 (4df+2=-, 0, -, 0)
Jun 11 00:06:37 <Gara> NO.
Jun 11 00:06:39 <Gara> NO!
Jun 11 00:06:45 <Maddy> 4df+4 oh dear.
Jun 11 00:06:45 <CROM> Maddy: oh dear.: 2 (4df+4=-, 0, 0, -)
Jun 11 00:06:50 <Maddy> …what
Jun 11 00:07:12 <Maddy> Well either way it picks him up in a weird bear hug.
Jun 11 00:07:17 <Maddy> your turn.
Jun 11 00:07:25 <Gara> John shanks it.
Jun 11 00:07:36 <Gara> And heals.
Jun 11 00:07:53 <Maddy> Roll for shank?
Jun 11 00:07:56 <Gara> 4df+2 Has he been carrying a glass shiv on him this entire time? Yes. He has.
Jun 11 00:07:57 <CROM> Gara: Has he been carrying a glass shiv on him this entire time? Yes. He has.: -1 (4df+2=0, -, -, -)
Jun 11 00:08:02 <Gara> FUCKING GOD DAMN IT CROM
Jun 11 00:08:07 <Maddy> Guess what tho
Jun 11 00:08:07 <Echo> He's gonna hate himself for this later, but Mitchell's going to make a charge at the one that's got Jo-
Jun 11 00:08:07 <Echo> …
Jun 11 00:08:12 <Maddy> GUESS WHAT THO
Jun 11 00:08:16 <Maddy> how much damage?
Jun 11 00:08:31 <Gara> T…. two.
Jun 11 00:08:53 <Maddy> Roll shank break
Jun 11 00:08:59 <Gara> 1d2
Jun 11 00:09:00 <CROM> Gara: 2 (1d2=2)
Jun 11 00:09:02 <Gara> It doesn't beak
Jun 11 00:09:06 <Gara> Break.
Jun 11 00:09:08 <Maddy> yaaaay
Jun 11 00:09:29 <Maddy> The shank seems to get somewhere impirtant, though the thing is still bear hugging him
Jun 11 00:09:44 <Maddy> Brock and Mitchell a go
Jun 11 00:11:39 <Echo> 4df+6 Melee roll, tagging Hearts and Minds . Mitchell pulls his bayonet from its sheath and charges at the one that's got John, and starts swinging wildly, trying to gouge the blade deep into the thing's gut where the gunfire's torn away.
Jun 11 00:11:40 <CROM> Echo: Melee roll, tagging Hearts and Minds . Mitchell pulls his bayonet from its sheath and charges at the one that's got John, and starts swinging wildly, trying to gouge the blade deep into the thing's gut where the gunfire's torn away.: 6 (4df+6=+, -, +, -)
Jun 11 00:11:50 <Echo> Spending another AP.
Jun 11 00:12:11 <Maddy> 4df+3 Nuuuuuuu
Jun 11 00:12:12 <CROM> Maddy: Nuuuuuuu: 3 (4df+3=+, +, -, -)
Jun 11 00:12:14 <Echo> 4df+6 He keeps pressing the attack, intending to either annoy it into dropping John or murdering the hell out of it,
Jun 11 00:12:16 <CROM> Echo: He keeps pressing the attack, intending to either annoy it into dropping John or murdering the hell out of it,: 7 (4df+6=+, 0, -, +)
Jun 11 00:12:21 <Maddy> 4df+3 Nuuuuuuux2
Jun 11 00:12:23 <CROM> Maddy: Nuuuuuuux2: 3 (4df+3=+, +, -, -)
Jun 11 00:12:27 <Maddy> 1d10
Jun 11 00:12:28 <CROM> Maddy: 8 (1d10=8)
Jun 11 00:12:29 <Maddy> 1d10
Jun 11 00:12:29 <CROM> Maddy: 1 (1d10=1)
Jun 11 00:12:55 * WalrusKing (if.tenretniand.bb.5D8E20D6-CRInys|gniKsurlaW#if.tenretniand.bb.5D8E20D6-CRInys|gniKsurlaW) has joined #afteractionmission
Jun 11 00:13:21 <Maddy> Wait why did I roll at all
Jun 11 00:13:34 <Maddy> whatever 4 damage is done, but it's not letting go.
Jun 11 00:13:39 <Maddy> Brocky
Jun 11 00:13:53 <MonkeyBomb> Brock is currently occupied at the door… He fucking slams that bitch back into Lefty, putting all his weight into it and yelling like MAN at the same time.
Jun 11 00:14:04 <MonkeyBomb> Strength?
Jun 11 00:14:10 <MonkeyBomb> To smash?
Jun 11 00:14:29 <Maddy> Lefty is holding John
Jun 11 00:14:53 <Maddy> He kicked in the door and ran passed you
Jun 11 00:15:03 <MonkeyBomb> Fuck.
Jun 11 00:15:13 <MonkeyBomb> Where's Righty then?
Jun 11 00:15:23 <Maddy> Righty is still there though, looks like it's trying to back towards Hikaru
Jun 11 00:18:32 <MonkeyBomb> "Fuckin' hell. HIKARU, WATCH OUT!" John's not looking good, though… Brock makes his decision and swings his rifle *hard* at the back of Lefty's head.
Jun 11 00:18:55 <Maddy> Roll for…blunt I guess?
Jun 11 00:19:01 <MonkeyBomb> Well, that sucks.
Jun 11 00:19:09 <MonkeyBomb> It'd be better for him just to use his fists. :|
Jun 11 00:19:25 <Maddy> It's free damage, bro
Jun 11 00:19:43 <Maddy> just dont crit fail
Jun 11 00:20:58 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+1 *SMACK*
Jun 11 00:20:58 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: *SMACK*: 2 (4df+1=-, +, +, 0)
Jun 11 00:21:21 <MonkeyBomb> Also, at the same time… Ace goes for Lefty's heals.
Jun 11 00:21:25 <MonkeyBomb> Now that nobody's shooting at it.
Jun 11 00:22:29 <Maddy> The gun slams into its face, and tears some of it off.
Jun 11 00:22:51 <Maddy> In responce the fave opens up, showing the weird gross inards of the thing.
Jun 11 00:22:54 <Maddy> *face
Jun 11 00:23:02 <Maddy> roll for bite mr dog
Jun 11 00:24:14 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+5 Tagging Ferocious Beast — Ace attack that bitch.
Jun 11 00:24:14 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: Tagging Ferocious Beast — Ace attack that bitch.: 5 (4df+5=+, -, +, -)
Jun 11 00:27:17 <Maddy> The overwhelming damage on the thing finally shorts out whatever it's running on and it goes limp, letting go of John and faling into a heap.
Jun 11 00:27:48 <Maddy> 4df+4 Hoever Righty is trying to pick up Hikaru
Jun 11 00:27:50 <CROM> Maddy: Hoever Righty is trying to pick up Hikaru: 6 (4df+4=+, +, +, -)
Jun 11 00:28:00 <Maddy> 4df This isn't good.
Jun 11 00:28:01 <CROM> Maddy: This isn't good.: 0 (4df=0, 0, 0, 0)
Jun 11 00:28:03 <MonkeyBomb> ;~;
Jun 11 00:28:26 <Maddy> He picks her up but she's still attached to the computer! "Fukk"
Jun 11 00:29:19 <Maddy> your go
Jun 11 00:31:13 <MonkeyBomb> Brock probably goes last this turn.
Jun 11 00:31:29 <Gara> John fires at the thing's back.
Jun 11 00:31:42 <Gara> 4df+5 Please die. Tagged. Please please die.
Jun 11 00:31:43 <CROM> Gara: Please die. Tagged. Please please die.: 6 (4df+5=+, +, -, 0)
Jun 11 00:32:39 <Maddy> And it goes down too, but it shudders a little, and you hear more footsteps coming your way.
Jun 11 00:32:50 <Maddy> "Everyone get over here, this ting is about to pop off."
Jun 11 00:33:38 <Gara> JOhn gets over there?
Jun 11 00:34:03 <Maddy> As more of the CI-SS models round the corner, 4-5 it looks like, there's suddenly something that sounds like the bass dropping.
Jun 11 00:34:14 <MonkeyBomb> Brock steps to the dub.
Jun 11 00:34:18 <MonkeyBomb> Ace is the DJ.
Jun 11 00:34:33 <Maddy> Then a WOUUUUMB and you all feel that feeling you get in your hand when you bang your elbow.
Jun 11 00:34:39 <Maddy> bun in your eniter body.
Jun 11 00:34:42 <Maddy> *but
Jun 11 00:34:48 <Echo> Mitchell runs over toward to Hikaru, limping and stumbling.
Jun 11 00:34:52 <MonkeyBomb> Brock shudders. "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck."
Jun 11 00:34:58 <Maddy> John, for you this is especially unplesant.
Jun 11 00:35:27 <MonkeyBomb> Brock watches the doorway in trepidation. He readies his rifle.
Jun 11 00:37:13 <Maddy> Once the feeling passes, the machines in the door just start to fall over.
Jun 11 00:37:39 <MonkeyBomb> He just stares.
Jun 11 00:38:04 <MonkeyBomb> "Is it done?" He glances over his shoulder at the others.
Jun 11 00:38:10 <Maddy> The lights go out.
Jun 11 00:38:19 <MonkeyBomb> "…"
Jun 11 00:38:29 <Gara> "Hikaru. You okay?"
Jun 11 00:38:45 <MonkeyBomb> Brock produces a flashlight.
Jun 11 00:39:06 <Maddy> Then after what seems like waaaaay too long emergency lights come on. "Yeah, I'm fine."
Jun 11 00:40:22 <Maddy> "Warning, a-a-a-axilery power failing. Power-er-er-er-er-er grid non functional."
Jun 11 00:40:28 <Maddy> says a loud speaker.
Jun 11 00:40:33 <Maddy> "Lets get the fuck out of here."
Jun 11 00:41:11 <MonkeyBomb> Brock doesn't hesitate.
Jun 11 00:41:42 <MonkeyBomb> He makes his way to the elevator, carefully stepping over the pile of security bots on the way.
Jun 11 00:41:53 <Maddy> Hikaru unhooks herself, hurls the device agaisnt the floor as hard as she can and then go to help Mitchel.
Jun 11 00:41:58 <Echo> Mitchell pushes up, scooping his rifle up off the floor as he rises, and follows after the others.
Jun 11 00:42:33 <MonkeyBomb> Ace sniffs the blood on John.
Jun 11 00:42:35 <Gara> John gets going.
Jun 11 00:43:13 <Maddy> If they glance toward the armory they can see there was a goddamn torrent of these thing about to pile out of there.
Jun 11 00:43:25 <MonkeyBomb> Brock gives a low whistle.
Jun 11 00:43:35 <MonkeyBomb> "The things we do for kicks."
Jun 11 00:44:12 <Maddy> The ride back up is uneventful till the get to the top and the power apparently dies with the doors open about 2 feet.
Jun 11 00:44:40 * Tom90deg has quit (Quit: ~ Trillian Astra - www.trillian.im ~)
Jun 11 00:44:59 <MonkeyBomb> "You alright, John?" Brock looks concerned.
Jun 11 00:45:03 <Gara> "I'm not dead."
Jun 11 00:46:07 <Maddy> Hikaru works on forcing the door the rest of th way open. "So now what? Back to the soldiers?"
Jun 11 00:46:31 <Gara> "For?"
Jun 11 00:46:37 <Maddy> "Telling them it's done?"
Jun 11 00:46:54 <Maddy> "Maybe getting you some bandages."
Jun 11 00:47:16 <MonkeyBomb> "Then we can roll on over the lab and see if there's anything worth scavenging."
Jun 11 00:47:18 <Gara> 4df+4 "I don't need bandages." Heals.
Jun 11 00:47:19 <CROM> Gara: "I don't need bandages." Heals.: 2 (4df+4=-, -, 0, 0)
Jun 11 00:47:21 <Gara> Fucking
Jun 11 00:47:30 <MonkeyBomb> "They mentioned they had some stuff."
Jun 11 00:47:31 <Gara> No, I burn the AP for it. I hate you CROM
Jun 11 00:47:37 <Maddy> Yay health
Jun 11 00:47:56 <Gara> He's basically at full now!
Jun 11 00:48:09 <Maddy> "Maybe we'll get a reward, plus there was good fence material and a trailer back at the Glen."
Jun 11 00:48:16 <Maddy> So we should t least stop there."
Jun 11 00:49:15 <Gara> "Alright, sure."
Jun 11 00:49:42 <MonkeyBomb> Brock sidles out of the elevator.
Jun 11 00:49:54 <MonkeyBomb> Ace squeezes between the doors.
Jun 11 00:49:55 <Maddy> "What do you think, Mitchell?"
Jun 11 00:50:03 <Maddy> Hikaru helps him through the door.
Jun 11 00:50:07 <Gara> John tries to force it open. It can't be too hard, right?
Jun 11 00:50:14 <MonkeyBomb> You get a big handful of dog butt.
Jun 11 00:50:26 <MonkeyBomb> Brock helps from outside.
Jun 11 00:50:40 <Maddy> its open now! yay
Jun 11 00:50:44 <Maddy> you guy are stronk
Jun 11 00:50:49 <MonkeyBomb> Such stronk.
Jun 11 00:50:55 <Echo> "Fuck it, we can ask'em tomorrow."
Jun 11 00:50:55 <Echo> "I got fuckin' shot. I could give a goddamn about 'em right now."
Jun 11 00:50:55 <Maddy> or its made to be forced open in the even og a power failure.
Jun 11 00:51:07 <Gara> John gets going. He tosses healing at Mitche, I think he has a point of harm still
Jun 11 00:51:12 <Gara> 4df+4 Fix him.
Jun 11 00:51:12 <CROM> Gara: Fix him.: 4 (4df+4=+, +, -, -)
Jun 11 00:51:17 <Maddy> "Ask who what?"
Jun 11 00:52:33 <Echo> "Goddamn, ask, talk, patty-cake, parley, what the fuck ever, the people we're doin' this for."
Jun 11 00:52:56 <Maddy> "Well, ok, but lets get the trailer on the way ok?"
Jun 11 00:53:04 <Maddy> They make their way to the truck!
Jun 11 00:53:55 <MonkeyBomb> Brock hops on the back with Ace.
Jun 11 00:54:11 <Maddy> Hikaru gets in the drivers seat.
Jun 11 00:55:54 * WalrusKing has quit (Ping timeout)
Jun 11 00:56:35 <Echo> 4df+1 I assume it works. Mitchell climbs aboard.
Jun 11 00:56:35 <CROM> Echo: I assume it works. Mitchell climbs aboard.: -1 (4df+1=0, -, 0, -)
Jun 11 00:56:39 <Echo> Yeah.
Jun 11 00:57:21 <Echo> He's visibly angry.
Jun 11 00:57:34 <Echo> "What trailer are we even talkin' about?"
Jun 11 00:58:09 <Maddy> "There was one at the glen. You dont even ahve to get out of the car."
Jun 11 00:58:17 <Maddy> "I'll handle it."
Jun 11 00:58:18 <MonkeyBomb> Brock slides down to a sitting position. He checks his rifle butt for cracks.
Jun 11 00:58:59 <Maddy> Hikaru drives towards the Glen.
Jun 11 00:59:41 <MonkeyBomb> "The things we do for kicks…" He echoes his earlier sentiment in a whisper.
Jun 11 01:00:12 <MonkeyBomb> He hollers over the sound of the engine. "Those fuckers'd better make this worth our while."
Jun 11 01:00:26 <Gara> John is tired. He yawns.
Jun 11 01:00:35 <Gara> "That was not great."
Jun 11 01:01:05 <Maddy> As she pulls in…there's some of those nurse things. They seem to be stacking bodies of lab coat wearing people near onr of the buildings. On looks up and waves with its long arm.
Jun 11 01:01:09 <MonkeyBomb> Ace lays with his head on his paws.
Jun 11 01:01:32 <Maddy> "Nani?"
Jun 11 01:01:36 <Gara> "Floating nurse. Shouldn't attack us… right."
Jun 11 01:02:21 <MonkeyBomb> Brock just shrugs, even though most likely nobody could see him do it.
Jun 11 01:03:11 <Maddy> "No they're desaster relief." One starts over. "Hello." it says in a really artficial sounding voice, though it has inflections and so on
Jun 11 01:03:34 <MonkeyBomb> Brock hops off. He'll be damned if they get nothing out of this.
Jun 11 01:03:50 <MonkeyBomb> "Hi."
Jun 11 01:03:51 <Gara> "Hello."
Jun 11 01:04:08 <Maddy> "I'm sorry about the mess, Something dissrupted their signal. On the bright side, we have autonomy again."
Jun 11 01:04:42 <MonkeyBomb> "That's.. good." These things are even freakier in person.
Jun 11 01:05:00 <Gara> "That's nice."
Jun 11 01:05:01 <Maddy> "How can we help you, do you have eny injured?"
Jun 11 01:05:21 <Gara> 4df+4 "No." Lets fix myself a little
Jun 11 01:05:21 <CROM> Gara: "No." Lets fix myself a little: 4 (4df+4=-, +, -, +)
Jun 11 01:05:24 <Gara> 4df+1
Jun 11 01:05:25 <CROM> Gara: 2 (4df+1=+, 0, -, +)
Jun 11 01:06:14 <Maddy> "Ah, well I'm afraid we don't have much more to offer directly. We'll be leaving soon though, so feel free to take whatever we leave."
Jun 11 01:06:33 <Gara> "Alright. Thank you."
Jun 11 01:06:37 <Gara> "Where are you going?"
Jun 11 01:06:38 <LucienTel> A figure steps out from one of the buildings nearby, squinting and putting a hand up to their eyes
Jun 11 01:07:25 <Maddy> "We'll be joining the fighters to the east, they say they also have autonomy."
Jun 11 01:08:29 <LucienTel> It's a girl. Blonde by the looks of it. Wearing a long coat and something slung over her back. Luna wanders, bleary eyed, out of the building
Jun 11 01:08:38 <Gara> "They do. They got out."
Jun 11 01:09:06 <Maddy> You can see the other nurses moving the bodies onto one of the trailers nearby.
Jun 11 01:09:37 <MonkeyBomb> Brock glances at this newly appeared figure. "Hey, guys." He nods in Luna's direction.
Jun 11 01:09:45 <LucienTel> She goes over to watch for a moment poking a one of the bodies
Jun 11 01:10:54 <Gara> "Wait. Hey. Hey!" John pops out of the truck.
Jun 11 01:11:21 <LucienTel> Seeing the others approaching, Luna hesitates for a moment, deciding against taking out her weapon, but keeping her knife handy
Jun 11 01:12:13 <Gara> "Hi. Were you held here? We just sorta broke shit."
Jun 11 01:13:07 <LucienTel> "Uh." she blinks a few times "Yeah, but they said I could go so I don't have to stay now."
Jun 11 01:13:13 <Maddy> Hikaru, with the weird robo arm, is negotiating the terms of her getting a bodyless trailer hooked up to the truck.
Jun 11 01:13:13 <MonkeyBomb> Brock eyes her suspiciously, of course.
Jun 11 01:13:40 <Gara> "… Did they now?"
Jun 11 01:13:41 <Maddy> "We don't know what she was here for. Not one of Catharsis' creations."
Jun 11 01:14:00 <Gara> "Huh. Okay. I'm Doctor John Renshaw. Not with them."
Jun 11 01:15:13 <Maddy> Hikaru and another nurse are now hooking things up to the truck.
Jun 11 01:15:19 <LucienTel> "Yeah, well. They" she points to the bodies "didn't but a machine did. And they didn't say otherwise so-. Oh you don't work here?"
Jun 11 01:15:42 <Gara> "Nope. We just broke the facility."
Jun 11 01:17:06 <LucienTel> "That's good" she seems less tense now "I didn't like it there." She looks young. late teens maybe
Jun 11 01:17:48 <Gara> "Not really. Okay, so. We've got a place, we can feed you and talk for a bit. You can probably stay."
Jun 11 01:18:27 <Maddy> "Oooh that was you then. The soldiers mentioned something about a group trying to fix things." the nurse sounds pleased!
Jun 11 01:18:35 <LucienTel> "That sounds better than here. Not really sure where here is anyway. Thanks"
Jun 11 01:18:55 <LucienTel> Her eyes still shift around but she relaxes
Jun 11 01:18:57 <Gara> "This is a base for a big group."
Jun 11 01:19:06 <MonkeyBomb> "You can stay if you're not a hideous monster that's going to eat us all in our sleep."
Jun 11 01:19:20 <MonkeyBomb> He's half serious, half joking.
Jun 11 01:19:45 <Gara> "Excuse you! Some of my best friends were hideous monsters!"
Jun 11 01:19:58 <MonkeyBomb> "My apologies, doctor."
Jun 11 01:20:09 <MonkeyBomb> He grins.
Jun 11 01:20:25 <LucienTel> She goes a bit pale, but of course thats probably due to the captivity. Yeah, that's it. "Oh no I'd never hurt you"
Jun 11 01:20:33 <MonkeyBomb> "But seriously." He turns back to the girl. "No funny business, for your own good. Other than that, I'm sure it'll be fine."
Jun 11 01:21:10 <MonkeyBomb> "Can't be too careful these days, but I'm sure I don't have to tell you that."
Jun 11 01:21:35 <LucienTel> "I understand, I don't look for fights"
Jun 11 01:22:16 <MonkeyBomb> He softens a bit and pats Ace. The dog sniffs at the girl.
Jun 11 01:22:37 <Maddy> The nurse looks like its tinking for a moment. "The soldiers would like to do you a favour in response to yours. Is it possible you could let me know where you're staying so they could send a delagate to negotiate with the terms of the favour at a later time? You all seem tire."
Jun 11 01:23:05 <Gara> "You could say that." JOhn tells them where they live, I don't even know right now
Jun 11 01:23:13 <LucienTel> The dog probably isn't thrilled with her
Jun 11 01:23:34 <LucienTel> "Soldiers?" She half mutters to herself
Jun 11 01:24:16 <MonkeyBomb> Brock goes about looking for supplies.
Jun 11 01:24:28 <Maddy> It's cool. "They said they'll be around in a few days. After we get settled, thank again." the nurse then goes to help the others pile bodies.
Jun 11 01:24:41 <Maddy> Hikaru wanders up. "So we got a trailer!"
Jun 11 01:24:43 <MonkeyBomb> Ace sniffs the girl who will eventually be known as Luna, snorts, and wanders off to follow Brock.
Jun 11 01:24:56 <Gara> "Thank you."
Jun 11 01:25:00 <Gara> "We do! GOod."
Jun 11 01:25:34 <LucienTel> Aftr some hesitation, the girl introduces herself "Luna, er is my name. "
Jun 11 01:25:43 <Maddy> Brock will find plenty of non perrishable food is he looks hard enough. Looks like the only things they nurses are taking is the bodies.
Jun 11 01:26:13 <Gara> "Great. Lets get home?"
Jun 11 01:26:54 <MonkeyBomb> Brock finds a bag or something and gathers the supplies.
Jun 11 01:27:17 <MonkeyBomb> "Got food." He makes his way over to the truck, satisfied with his no-doubt thorough search.
Jun 11 01:27:56 <Maddy> "Yeah lets go. Nice to meet you Luna, hop in."
Jun 11 01:28:11 <LucienTel> ~Home…~ Luna nods, wrapping on her scarf and putting on her gloves "Thanks, ok"
Jun 11 01:29:06 <MonkeyBomb> Brock wonders why she's so bundled up. Oh well. He tosses the bag of food onto the trailer bed and hops onto the truck.
Jun 11 01:29:57 <Maddy> It starts to rain a little as they head home