Nebraska

Oct 26 23:16:32 <Ragazzo> "Do you want…my helpmet."
Oct 26 23:16:34 <Ragazzo> *helmet
Oct 26 23:16:57 <Maddy> Atropa hums a little in the SUV.
Oct 26 23:17:00 <Pemander> Arianna can not hear a word he is saying.
Oct 26 23:17:10 <Ragazzo> oh right helmets.
Oct 26 23:17:17 * Scantron (~ten.tsacmoc.nm.1dsh.6EEFF072-CRInys|nacsded#ten.tsacmoc.nm.1dsh.6EEFF072-CRInys|nacsded) has joined #afteractionmission
Oct 26 23:17:41 <Dexanote> "I can't believe we let the supplies get so low."
Oct 26 23:17:49 <PaulS_laptop> The ride for the passengers in the truck roughens, as the airbags inflate and harden to "on road performance" setting
Oct 26 23:18:10 <PaulS_laptop> "Well, we haven't really found much since I've been here. Lotta people, not much coming in, it happens"
Oct 26 23:19:31 <Ragazzo> Arnold waits for themt o get wherever, while keeping his eyes peeled.
Oct 26 23:19:32 <PaulS_laptop> "That's why I'd been huntin' and trapping so much. Try and cut down on the drain"
Oct 26 23:20:01 <PaulS_laptop> "Anything in particular yer lookin for?" to Myrtle and the Other Person in the cab
Oct 26 23:20:34 <Dexanote> "Not really. Just basic supplies, I'd expect everyone else to grab whatever else they'd wanted."
Oct 26 23:21:14 <Scantron> "I'll probably take a few things that catch my eye, but nothing fancy."
Oct 26 23:21:32 <PaulS_laptop> "I'm lookin for another couple'a books"
Oct 26 23:21:44 <Dexanote> "I need new sunglasses."
Oct 26 23:21:49 <Dexanote> She shrugs. "That's about it."
Oct 26 23:22:38 <PaulS_laptop> "We do need sunglasses. How else are we gonna do a good blues brothers impersonation?"
Oct 26 23:23:00 <Dexanote> "I look horrible in tuxes, so I don't know."
Oct 26 23:23:09 <Echo> » After driving for several hours past a bunch of goddamn parks and rural fucking Montana, they arrive on the outskirts of Missoula. It's not much of a city to brag about, not that a lot of "city" can be seen from this section of interstate.
Oct 26 23:23:19 <Echo> «Hey, Arianna, it's Scott.»
Oct 26 23:23:27 <Pemander> «What is it?»
Oct 26 23:23:28 <PaulS_laptop> "You'd do a power suit well"
Oct 26 23:24:02 <Echo> «Should have… exit 101 coming up on your right in a few miles. Make that exit, it'll take us to a shopping center.»
Oct 26 23:24:14 <Pemander> «Yes sir.»
Oct 26 23:24:23 <Pemander> Ari gets into the right lane.
Oct 26 23:24:41 <Echo> Evans pulls in behind her, slowing down a bit.
Oct 26 23:25:03 <Scantron> Izumo's taken a nap on the ride there. He wakes up right around now and yawns.
Oct 26 23:25:10 <PaulS_laptop> "hang on"
Oct 26 23:25:21 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle brings it over into the right lane. Hard.
Oct 26 23:25:29 <Echo> For all everyone can see, the buildings growing larger in the distance are about dark as hell. A few cars are visible here and there along the side of the interstate, all headed east, toward Missoula.
Oct 26 23:26:04 <PaulS_laptop> «Roads're awful empty. An' why're they all headed toward a city?»
Oct 26 23:26:32 <Echo> *West
Oct 26 23:26:35 <Ragazzo> Arnold is scanning the surroundings as much as he can
Oct 26 23:26:37 <Echo> *away from
Oct 26 23:27:04 <Echo> «Towards Billings?»
Oct 26 23:27:07 <Dexanote> "Why didn't we come in the day…" Myr mutters to herself.
Oct 26 23:27:08 <Echo> Arnold, perception
Oct 26 23:27:44 <Echo> Evans pulls up and alongside Arianna'a cycle as they make the exit.
Oct 26 23:28:03 <PaulS_laptop> "Dark's better"
Oct 26 23:28:15 <Echo> > Arnold misses his opportunity.
Oct 26 23:28:22 <Ragazzo> 4df+2 I HAD TO LOOK IT UP
Oct 26 23:28:24 <CROM> Ragazzo: I HAD TO LOOK IT UP: 3 (4df+2=-, +, 0, +)
Oct 26 23:28:27 <Ragazzo> FFFU
Oct 26 23:28:55 <Echo> He notices a "Re-Elect John Engen" sign as they exit the interstate.
Oct 26 23:29:04 <Ragazzo> "Hate that guy."
Oct 26 23:29:09 <Pemander> No one hears him.
Oct 26 23:29:18 <Ragazzo> He says it ANYWAY.
Oct 26 23:29:43 <Echo> The SUV pulls up past Arianna into a roundabout and into a largely vacant parking lot. Lowe's Home Improvement Warehouse!
Oct 26 23:29:54 <Scantron> Izumo straightens up and rubs his eyes. "I'm going to be optimistic and say that there was something really nifty in the opposite direction."
Oct 26 23:30:12 <Echo> Anyone in the back of the truck, perception.
Oct 26 23:30:21 <PaulS_laptop> EELS swings itself roughly through the roundabout
Oct 26 23:30:34 <PaulS_laptop> Everybody's crammed into the front bench seat, I think?
Oct 26 23:30:44 <Dexanote> 4df+3 Myr looks out the window.
Oct 26 23:30:44 <CROM> Dexanote: Myr looks out the window.: 4 (4df+3=-, 0, +, +)
Oct 26 23:31:08 <Scantron> 4df+2 Izumo yawns again.
Oct 26 23:31:08 <CROM> Scantron: Izumo yawns again.: 3 (4df+2=0, -, +, +)
Oct 26 23:31:30 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+4 (survival, defensive driving) Kyle's driving, and paranoid as fuck even though he can't see for dick.
Oct 26 23:31:30 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: (survival, defensive driving) Kyle's driving, and paranoid as fuck even though he can't see for dick.: 5 (4df+4=0, +, -, +)
Oct 26 23:32:30 <Dexanote> "… I could have sworn…"
Oct 26 23:32:43 <Dexanote> "Aa- Kyle goddamn it stop flipping out."
Oct 26 23:33:08 <PaulS_laptop> "Whaaat, I'm fine" except that he drives like a maniac
Oct 26 23:33:33 <Pemander> Ari comes to a stop next to the SUV and pulls up the visor of her helmet.
Oct 26 23:34:06 <Ragazzo> Arnold pulls up hsi own helmet, looking around.
Oct 26 23:34:08 <Dexanote> "Okay slow down goddamn." She looks back, squinting. "… I could have sworn I saw headlights. "
Oct 26 23:34:09 <Ragazzo> Does not yet get off.
Oct 26 23:34:16 <Scantron> "Same here." Izumo looks back as well.
Oct 26 23:34:22 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle brings the truck to a stop beside the suv on the other side.
Oct 26 23:34:36 <Maddy> Atropa gets out of the SUV.
Oct 26 23:34:39 <PaulS_laptop> "I didn't see much. You sure it ain't just ours off the suv's glass?
Oct 26 23:34:50 <Echo> Evans hops out of the SUV. "What's up?"
Oct 26 23:35:16 <Scantron> "I don't think so… but maybe. I don't know." Izumo gets out of the truck, stretching.
Oct 26 23:35:16 <Echo> "Everyone enjoy the ride?"
Oct 26 23:35:23 <Scantron> "I've had worse."
Oct 26 23:35:33 <Pemander> Arianna nods to Arnold, pulls her helmet, and turns the engine off.
Oct 26 23:35:42 <Echo> "Yo, Myrtle!"
Oct 26 23:35:44 <Ragazzo> Arnold nods back, getting off, and removing his helmet.
Oct 26 23:35:48 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle kills the engine
Oct 26 23:36:12 <Dexanote> "Pretty sure I saw headlights." She calls out to Scott. "Back there."
Oct 26 23:36:16 <Maddy> Atropa is wearing combat boots!
Oct 26 23:36:16 <Echo> He looks around in the empty parking lot. Cars of various descriptions are scattered here and there. Huh, there's a Humvee.
Oct 26 23:36:29 <Echo> "Anyone got binocs?"
Oct 26 23:36:49 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle shrugs "got a scope"
Oct 26 23:36:55 <Scantron> Izumo shakes his head.
Oct 26 23:37:10 <PaulS_laptop> he grabs the cetme from behind the seat and passes it to Scott
Oct 26 23:37:26 <Pemander> "Remember that last time we stopped at a place like this there were slavers."
Oct 26 23:37:32 <Pemander> "Let's be careful."
Oct 26 23:37:38 <Echo> Evans directs it towards the interstate for a few moments, panning back and forth.
Oct 26 23:37:47 <Echo> He shrugs before lowering the rifle.
Oct 26 23:37:49 <Maddy> "Good idea, though the knock out gas wont work on me so there is that."
Oct 26 23:37:52 <Echo> "I don't see shit."
Oct 26 23:38:26 <Echo> He holds his notebook out toward Myrtle. "Got a shopping list."
Oct 26 23:38:31 <Scantron> "Must have been a trick of the light, then."
Oct 26 23:38:41 <Ragazzo> Arnold hums, briefly touching his gas mask.
Oct 26 23:39:00 <Dexanote> She takes it and squints through the dark. "… Alright. Shouldn't be too hard."
Oct 26 23:39:18 <Echo> > hot water heaters
Oct 26 23:39:30 <Echo> > generator (big one)
Oct 26 23:39:33 <PaulS_laptop> "What's first?"
Oct 26 23:39:36 <Echo> > flashlights
Oct 26 23:39:48 <Echo> > truck trailer
Oct 26 23:40:12 <Dexanote> "… Flashlights first. Then a trailer. Then generator, then heaters."
Oct 26 23:40:27 <Ragazzo> "Sounds good."
Oct 26 23:40:28 <PaulS_laptop> "Works for me"
Oct 26 23:40:33 <Pemander> "Understood."
Oct 26 23:40:35 <Maddy> "I have some chemlights."
Oct 26 23:40:40 <PaulS_laptop> "dunno if we'll find a trailer, but a generator we can do"
Oct 26 23:41:00 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle clicks on the maglite under his greasegun
Oct 26 23:41:05 <PaulS_laptop> "who's got point?"
Oct 26 23:41:24 <Dexanote> "It's a big town." Myr rummages in her pockets, pulling out an LED flashlight. "Just keep an eye out."
Oct 26 23:41:26 <Echo> "I'm gonna go ahead and look for a damn trailer. If we can get that? We can rig up a bunch of thedamn heaters and the gennie. Keep us hot water."
Oct 26 23:41:38 <Ragazzo> "Are we sticking together, or spreading out?"
Oct 26 23:41:50 <Maddy> "Aren't we just going into this shop?"
Oct 26 23:42:12 <Echo> The cop hops into the SUV and peels out around the side of the Lowe's toward the display yard where they keep ATV and such.
Oct 26 23:42:35 <PaulS_laptop> "Everyone else, on me I guess. Or on Myrtle. Either or"
Oct 26 23:42:42 <Ragazzo> "Mhm."
Oct 26 23:42:46 <Echo> The massive home improvement store in front of them looks dark inside.
Oct 26 23:42:48 <Dexanote> "On you. It's never a good idea to trail me."
Oct 26 23:43:15 <Ragazzo> Arnold eyes teh store. Unhooks his mask from his belt.
Oct 26 23:43:17 <Ragazzo> the
Oct 26 23:43:31 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle walks up to the door and attempts to open it. They usually have a "power's out, door opens when pushed on" safety, assuming it's working and not locked
Oct 26 23:43:31 <Dexanote> She looks at the Lowe's. "I'll stay on you. Do my best to get your attention if i need to. Let's go."
Oct 26 23:43:32 <Pemander> Arianna falls in behind Kyle.
Oct 26 23:43:49 <PaulS_laptop> "Jus' follow my light if you can' see me"
Oct 26 23:43:49 <Scantron> Izumo also follows Kyle. He watches around them.
Oct 26 23:43:58 <Maddy> Atropa just stays as close as she can
Oct 26 23:44:00 <Ragazzo> Arnold falls in step near the back.
Oct 26 23:44:01 <Echo> The door opens just fine.
Oct 26 23:44:25 <PaulS_laptop> "Wasn't expectin' it to be open. Guess they left in a hurry"
Oct 26 23:44:33 <Echo> (Anyone can roll anytime they like, for anything in particular)
Oct 26 23:44:39 <PaulS_laptop> He looks around to find the tools section
Oct 26 23:44:44 <Pemander> Arianna is keeping a close watch on the surrounding area.
Oct 26 23:44:50 <Pemander> 4df+4 Persepshun I guess
Oct 26 23:44:51 <CROM> Pemander: Persepshun I guess: 6 (4df+4=0, +, 0, +)
Oct 26 23:44:52 <Dexanote> Myr quietly stays behind Kyle.
Oct 26 23:44:55 <PaulS_laptop> running the light along the signs til he finds it
Oct 26 23:45:16 <Ragazzo> Before the door opens and they go in, he dons the mask. 1 ap spent. He stares from behind dimly lit lenses, taking in everything.
Oct 26 23:45:17 <Maddy> 4df Atropa looks around uselessly
Oct 26 23:45:19 <CROM> Maddy: Atropa looks around uselessly: -1 (4df=-, +, 0, -)
Oct 26 23:45:26 <Ragazzo> 4df+3 perception
Oct 26 23:45:27 <CROM> Ragazzo: perception: 2 (4df+3=-, +, 0, -)
Oct 26 23:45:28 <Scantron> Izumo stays quiet as well. He is just /itchy/ at the chance to identify whatever plants they find in the store :|
Oct 26 23:45:32 <PaulS_laptop> "See if we can't find the tools section, lights'll be there"
Oct 26 23:45:33 <Echo> It's a few aisles down to the right end, up by the front. Arianna doesn't hear shit in the gloomy blackness, but her keen eyes can make out the signs well enough to help Kyle along to where he's heading.
Oct 26 23:45:48 <Pemander> She points out the proper direction to Kyle.
Oct 26 23:46:04 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle nods and starts off
Oct 26 23:46:12 <Echo> The others' eyes are less effective, the shapes of the tall racks of tools and home supplies greyish outlines.
Oct 26 23:46:30 <Ragazzo> Arnold follows silently, stepping smoothly, and quietly as he can.
Oct 26 23:46:50 <Echo> <Hey, guys? Found a trailer. I'm gonna go ahead and hook her up. Ready outside when you guys are done inside.»
Oct 26 23:46:57 <Maddy> Atropa walks into a bench. "Fffff"
Oct 26 23:47:05 <PaulS_laptop> «Gotcha» "y'allright?"
Oct 26 23:47:11 <Pemander> Ari turns the volume of her radio down.
Oct 26 23:47:14 <Maddy> "Yeeah I'm fine."
Oct 26 23:47:39 <Ragazzo> Arnold turns his down as well.
Oct 26 23:48:21 <Dexanote> Myr sighs and shakes her head, shining her LED down the rows. "… Idon't like how dark it is in here."
Oct 26 23:48:32 <Ragazzo> "Mnnnh…"
Oct 26 23:48:51 <Scantron> Izumo wasn't planning on it, but he shrugs and follows suit with his own radio. "There's not anything I can think to do about it, unfortunately, short of setting the store on fire. But that's not a good idea."
Oct 26 23:49:13 <Dexanote> "You're not helping." Myr mutters at Ahnolg.
Oct 26 23:49:14 <PaulS_laptop> "Store won' burn anyway. All block an' steel"
Oct 26 23:49:31 <Pemander> Arianna peruses through the tool section.
Oct 26 23:49:53 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle rummages around, shining the light from place to place, pocketing goodies along the way, looking for flashlights
Oct 26 23:50:05 <Ragazzo> Arnold picks up some screwdrivers, and slips them away as he goes.
Oct 26 23:50:06 <PaulS_laptop> "Also keep an eye out for batteries fer 'em"
Oct 26 23:50:12 <Ragazzo> Also procures other needed things.
Oct 26 23:50:13 <Echo> There's a fine array of flatheads, phillips heads, hammers of all descriptions, handsaws, band saws, table tops, wrenches, sockets… everything.
Oct 26 23:50:22 <Echo> Arianna, mental defense.
Oct 26 23:50:24 <Maddy> Atropa feels useless. and kinda just stays near people.
Oct 26 23:50:32 <Pemander> 4df+2 Lol what mental defense?
Oct 26 23:50:32 <CROM> Pemander: Lol what mental defense?: 3 (4df+2=+, 0, 0, 0)
Oct 26 23:50:38 <Dexanote> Myr quietly takes a claw hammer, looping it in her belt.
Oct 26 23:50:40 <Scantron> Dryly, "What am I, the store composition oracle?" Izumo glances at the tools uncomprehendingly. Lol wut do I do with tools.
Oct 26 23:50:41 <Echo> 4df+4
Oct 26 23:50:42 <CROM> Echo: 5 (4df+4=0, 0, 0, +)
Oct 26 23:50:51 <Echo> LOOK AT THOSE GODDAMN POWER TOOLS, ARIANNA
Oct 26 23:51:02 <Pemander> "…H-holy shit…"
Oct 26 23:51:07 <Pemander> "These are…"
Oct 26 23:51:12 <Pemander> Arianna grabs for a drill.
Oct 26 23:51:20 <Echo> That thing could probably take your arm off in a single swipe! Reciprocating saw!
Oct 26 23:51:29 <Pemander> "Ooh! No, this one…"
Oct 26 23:51:32 <Pemander> She grabs the saw!
Oct 26 23:51:40 <Ragazzo> Arnold watches, head tilting.
Oct 26 23:51:48 <PaulS_laptop> "Somethin' up?"
Oct 26 23:51:48 <Maddy> "Maybe there's a garden centre."
Oct 26 23:51:55 <PaulS_laptop> He looks over at ari
Oct 26 23:52:07 <Pemander> "It's so sharp."
Oct 26 23:52:16 <Scantron> "Hm, I would be int-" He looks at Arianna. "…yes, tools are sharp. You get a cookie."
Oct 26 23:52:28 <Echo> Kyle's search for the lights is fruitful, leading him to a wide assortment; lot of manufacturers and styles. Take your pick.
Oct 26 23:52:32 <PaulS_laptop> "There should be one. Perhaps there after here? We could use eat-Riley, are you running things?"
Oct 26 23:52:34 <Echo> Batteries are just over there.
Oct 26 23:53:04 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle grabs a couple large, 4 D maglites
Oct 26 23:53:12 <Ragazzo> Arnold taps arianna's shoulder. Nods for her to continue.
Oct 26 23:53:12 <PaulS_laptop> "Found them"
Oct 26 23:53:16 <Dexanote> Myr grabs a pair, as well.
Oct 26 23:53:23 <Pemander> "..mm?"
Oct 26 23:53:32 <Pemander> Is Ari still in holy shit power tools mode, or can she continue?
Oct 26 23:53:40 <Echo> You can do whatever you like.
Oct 26 23:53:50 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle loads each with batteries and passes them out to Izumo and offers one to Ari
Oct 26 23:53:52 <Pemander> She sets down the saw. "Yes, sorry. I was distracted."
Oct 26 23:53:58 <Scantron> Izumo heads over and grabs a random flashlight. He wouldn't know a high-quality flashlight if it cracked his skull.
Oct 26 23:53:58 <Ragazzo> "Mh."
Oct 26 23:54:05 <Pemander> Follows Arnold.
Oct 26 23:54:20 <PaulS_laptop> "Atropa, will a flashlight help you see better, or do you need specific kindsa light?"
Oct 26 23:54:41 <Maddy> "It'll help, yes."
Oct 26 23:55:00 <PaulS_laptop> "Here" he passes her a light. He's the only one who brought one from home.
Oct 26 23:55:01 <Ragazzo> He nudges the tool with a screwdiver, which flicks out of sight swiftly, before moving to find some other things. Such as uh.
Oct 26 23:55:09 <Ragazzo> Things they need.
Oct 26 23:55:20 <PaulS_laptop> "Okay, next. Plumbing. Hot water heaters"
Oct 26 23:55:22 <Echo> Perception, Ragazzo.
Oct 26 23:55:23 <Maddy> "Without plants, I see basically like a legaly blind human." she takes it politlely and flicks it on.
Oct 26 23:55:36 <Ragazzo> 4df+3 Perception
Oct 26 23:55:37 <CROM> Ragazzo: Perception: 4 (4df+3=0, 0, +, 0)
Oct 26 23:56:19 <Echo> Arnold trips over a mop on the floor.
Oct 26 23:56:23 <Scantron> "Maybe it would be a good idea to get you a plant, then? We could try and find that garden center."
Oct 26 23:56:31 <Pemander> "Hand me a flashlight too, Kyle."
Oct 26 23:56:41 <Ragazzo> He stands up, and snaps the mop in half.
Oct 26 23:56:47 <Ragazzo> Continues searching.
Oct 26 23:56:50 <Pemander> Oh, he already did that. Arianna takes the flashlight and flicks it on.
Oct 26 23:56:55 <Maddy> "Well I have one." she points to her seeing eye plant. "But it's still kinda limited.
Oct 26 23:56:56 <Echo> And lands face to face wioth a 5-kilowatt generator at the end of an aisle
Oct 26 23:57:11 <Ragazzo> "Mnnh."
Oct 26 23:57:11 <Maddy> "
Oct 26 23:57:27 <Ragazzo> "Mnnh!" Nudges arianna, points.
Oct 26 23:57:42 <Pemander> Arianna looks where he is pointing. Nods.
Oct 26 23:57:47 <Pemander> "Generator here."
Oct 26 23:57:57 <PaulS_laptop> "Okay, cool."
Oct 26 23:58:11 <Pemander> How big is a 5-kilowatt generator?
Oct 26 23:58:12 <Scantron> "Excellent." Izumo heads over. "How much do these weigh?"
Oct 26 23:58:14 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle walks out into the main aisle, snags a flat cart and wheels it over
Oct 26 23:58:16 <Dexanote> Myr nods. "Alright. Now heaters."
Oct 26 23:58:17 <Echo> It's a big motherfucker. Looks like it'd need a dolly.
Oct 26 23:58:26 <PaulS_laptop> "Enough we ain't carrying it. Help me load this fucker"
Oct 26 23:58:51 <Pemander> "…I'm going to go look for something to put it on."
Oct 26 23:58:56 <Pemander> Ari looks for something to put it on!
Oct 26 23:58:57 <Ragazzo> Arnold grabs a corner.
Oct 26 23:59:06 <Dexanote> Myr remains with the generator.
Oct 26 23:59:09 <Pemander> DAMMIT KYLE ALREADY GOT ONE
Oct 26 23:59:13 <Maddy> You all suck
Oct 26 23:59:13 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle grabs one side as well
Oct 26 23:59:17 <PaulS_laptop> "On three"
Oct 26 23:59:18 <Echo> The generator has slats under it that accept floor dollies.
Oct 26 23:59:27 <Pemander> She goes to help too, fuck.
Oct 26 23:59:38 <PaulS_laptop> "…wait, that's easier. Ari, find me a pallet jack"
Oct 26 23:59:50 <PaulS_laptop> "Should be in the aisle"
Oct 26 23:59:58 <Pemander> "…right."
Oct 27 00:00:00 <Ragazzo> Arnold waits.
Oct 27 00:00:03 <Pemander> She goes to find a goddamn pallet jack.
Oct 27 00:00:12 <Scantron> Izumo leans against a shelf while he waits.
Oct 27 00:00:42 <PaulS_laptop> It looks like a set of forklift forks on wheels
Oct 27 00:01:44 <Maddy> Atropa continues to be functionally useless
Oct 27 00:02:06 <Scantron> Same with Izumo. "You know, this is the first time I've been in a store this big."
Oct 27 00:02:16 <Pemander> 4df+4 perception or whatever
Oct 27 00:02:16 <CROM> Pemander: perception or whatever: 5 (4df+4=+, -, +, 0)
Oct 27 00:02:35 <Pemander> Lookin' for that pallet jack.
Oct 27 00:03:16 <Echo> There's one in the next aisle, parked under a scaffold.
Oct 27 00:03:37 <Pemander> "Found one."
Oct 27 00:03:43 <PaulS_laptop> "Good"
Oct 27 00:03:45 <Ragazzo> Arnold continues to look around without straying far.
Oct 27 00:03:53 <Pemander> She takes it, being /extremely/ careful not to knock the scaffold over or or something.
Oct 27 00:03:54 <PaulS_laptop> "When you find it, bring it over an' load this thing up. I'll meet y'all out front"
Oct 27 00:04:01 <Ragazzo> "Mmmhf mf."
Oct 27 00:04:51 * Disconnected (An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine).
ENDING LOGGING AT Sat Oct 27 00:04:51 2012

BEGIN LOGGING AT Sat Oct 27 00:12:53 2012

Oct 27 00:12:53 * Now talking on #afteractionmission
Oct 27 00:12:53 * Topic for #afteractionmission is: If *anything* is occurring IC, take Battledome elsewhere | Maddy: It's not a lot but its worth a shot, get that arm around his neck, girl.: 4 (4df=+, +, +, +) E4D: Burning fate, and pushing her tiny arm away.: 2 (4df+6=-, -, -, -)
Oct 27 00:12:53 * Topic for #afteractionmission set by E4D at Fri Jan 06 11:39:51 2012
Oct 27 00:12:55 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Maddy
Oct 27 00:13:15 <Echo> 1d2
Oct 27 00:13:16 <CROM> Echo: 2 (1d2=2)
Oct 27 00:13:31 <PaulS_laptop> "If you'd'a said that before, I'd'a got this shit first"
Oct 27 00:13:47 <Echo> Evans takes another glimpse around through the scope, and passes it back to Kyle.
Oct 27 00:14:32 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle takes the rifle back and slings it
Oct 27 00:14:38 <PaulS_laptop> "See anythin'?"
Oct 27 00:15:08 <Echo> "Got nothin' out here. Uh… what else did we have…"
Oct 27 00:15:12 <Scantron> Izumo wanders between the cars, glancing into them. Not likely he'll get valuables or anything worthwhile, but why the fuck not.
Oct 27 00:15:31 <Echo> Izumo, perception.
Oct 27 00:16:12 <Scantron> 4df+2 these aren't tentacles
Oct 27 00:16:12 <CROM> Scantron: these aren't tentacles: 2 (4df+2=-, +, +, -)
Oct 27 00:16:56 <Maddy> Atropa plants around.
Oct 27 00:17:00 <Echo> As he passes a red Seabring, he notices a dog's corpse through passenger side window. It's curled up on the seat.
Oct 27 00:18:07 <Echo> Evans locks the small tailgate on the trailer and checks the hitch. "We ready to head out?"
Oct 27 00:18:37 <PaulS_laptop> "I'm good. Anyone else?"
Oct 27 00:18:40 <Ragazzo> "Mmmh mhh."
Oct 27 00:19:01 <Scantron> Izumo makes a face and heads back to the team. "I'm good. I did see a dead dog in a car over there, but that's about it."
Oct 27 00:19:03 <Echo> "Next stop's a gas station." He gestures up the hill toward the second tier of the complex toward a bigass Shell station.
Oct 27 00:19:24 <Maddy> Atropa gets back into the SUV
Oct 27 00:19:29 <Ragazzo> Arnold gets on the bike after ari.
Oct 27 00:19:38 <Pemander> Ari starts up the engine.
Oct 27 00:19:38 <Dexanote> She nods, climbing in after Atropa.
Oct 27 00:19:42 <Echo> "Should be able to fill up there at the top of the hill. One more after this and we're set to go back. Might even get a good night's sleep."
Oct 27 00:20:06 <Echo> Evans… starts to get into the SUV, notices Myrtle's taken his seat, and climbs into the back of the truck.
Oct 27 00:20:25 <Scantron> Izumo gets into the truck as well.
Oct 27 00:21:02 <Echo> «Let's get on outta here.»
Oct 27 00:21:03 <Ragazzo> Arnold gets hsi grip, and but leaves his helmet in hand. Gas mask still.
Oct 27 00:21:17 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle fires the truck up, and waits for the others to lead out
Oct 27 00:21:17 <Dexanote> Myr starts up the SUV, starting off towards the Shell.
Oct 27 00:21:24 <PaulS_laptop> «Hang on, Scott»
Oct 27 00:21:58 <Echo> He bangs the top of the cab.
Oct 27 00:23:05 <Echo> "Follow Myrtle, man!"
Oct 27 00:23:10 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle brings up the rear
Oct 27 00:23:33 <Pemander> Ari drives beside the SUV.
Oct 27 00:23:46 <Ragazzo> Arnold stays on the bike as this occurs.
Oct 27 00:24:37 <Echo> At the top of the hill, it flattens off into a large parking lot, totally empty. The islands sit unused in front of the station. A small utility shed sits off to the left side of the building as they;re facing it, with a number of diesel islands off to the right.
Oct 27 00:24:51 <Maddy> "Hey hey hey, dontcha wanna love me now baby, hey hey hey, aintcha thinking 'bout me~" Atropa sings.
Oct 27 00:25:46 <PaulS_laptop> «Guessin' there's not power to the pumps?»
Oct 27 00:25:48 <Echo> Evans hops out the back of the truck as kyle travels it past the entrance and walks back toward the billboard at the top of the hill.
Oct 27 00:25:52 <Dexanote> Myr rolls to a stop about 10 feet away from the outermost set of gas islands. «Probably not»>
Oct 27 00:26:09 <Pemander> «Unfortunate.»
Oct 27 00:26:14 <Echo> He looks around for a moment, then locates the ladder and starts clambering up,
Oct 27 00:26:17 <Pemander> Ari stops beside the SUV.
Oct 27 00:26:28 <Ragazzo> Arnold gets off after ari.
Oct 27 00:26:28 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle pulls the truck towards the service station
Oct 27 00:26:31 <Ragazzo> Looks around.
Oct 27 00:26:55 <Echo> It looks to have an actual service station adjoining the convenience store.
Oct 27 00:27:05 <Ragazzo> He approaches the shed, a gun in his right hand, checking the windows if there are any.
Oct 27 00:27:25 <PaulS_laptop> «Alright, let's see if we can't figure somethin' out.» He breaks into the service station to find himself some fuel. Enough to start the genny
Oct 27 00:27:50 <Echo> Nothing's moving inside, but there's a genny sitting in the bay ofthe service station.
Oct 27 00:28:18 <PaulS_laptop> "Well hello" to himself. He attempts to start it
Oct 27 00:28:40 <Scantron> Izumo exits the truck and attempts to enter the service station. If it's locked, he gives up and mulls around outsid.e
Oct 27 00:28:49 <Pemander> Arianna is following Arnold.
Oct 27 00:28:51 <Maddy> Atropa stays in the fucking car.
Oct 27 00:28:58 <Echo> It fire after a few pulls, and the lights inside the station kick on.
Oct 27 00:29:12 <Echo> So do the lights on the billboard. And the islands.
Oct 27 00:29:12 <Scantron> Well. He follows Kyle inside.
Oct 27 00:29:20 <Pemander> "…oh no."
Oct 27 00:29:21 <Dexanote> Myr shields her eyes. "Argh-"
Oct 27 00:29:26 <Ragazzo> Arnold checks out the shed, opening it, or trying too.
Oct 27 00:29:27 <Dexanote> "Shut it off goddamn."
Oct 27 00:29:42 <Ragazzo> "!!!!" He looks around shocked at the light.
Oct 27 00:29:43 <Pemander> She shivers. "I have a feeling."
Oct 27 00:29:46 <Scantron> Izumo squints in the bright light, but his eyes adjust soon enough.
Oct 27 00:30:36 <PaulS_laptop> «Let there be light!»
Oct 27 00:30:37 <Echo> The Shell station's empty enough inside. Place is packed about as well as one could imagine.
Oct 27 00:30:46 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle is smiling
Oct 27 00:30:55 <Echo> Lots of stuff still sitting on racks and shelves. Basic necessities,
Oct 27 00:31:25 <Echo> Cigarettes and tobacco behind the counter.
Oct 27 00:31:31 <PaulS_laptop> «Start filling, folks»
Oct 27 00:31:35 <Dexanote> «We're a fucking beacon to everything for miles. Hurry up so we can cut the lights.» myr stumbles a bit, rubbing her eyes.
Oct 27 00:31:46 <Maddy> «Find smores!»
Oct 27 00:31:50 <PaulS_laptop> «Hang on»
Oct 27 00:31:56 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle looks about for a breaker panel
Oct 27 00:31:59 <Ragazzo> Arnold loosk around, glowering more like it.
Oct 27 00:32:03 <Ragazzo> *looks
Oct 27 00:32:49 <Dexanote> Myr slips in, snatching a pair of white-brimmed sunglasses off a rack before turning on her heel back outside. She slips the glasses on her collar, looking out into the horizon.
Oct 27 00:33:00 <Scantron> Izumo scans the aisles for anything other than standard convenience store crap. "I never could understand why Americans would eat any of this unless they were starving… but honestly, I'm starting to see why." He also looks for beef jerky.
Oct 27 00:33:58 <Pemander> Arianna grabs a few packs of cigarettes.
Oct 27 00:34:08 <Echo> Kyl, perception.
Oct 27 00:34:27 <PaulS_laptop> can i substitute a relevant skill?
Oct 27 00:34:38 <Ragazzo> Arnold snags some as well.
Oct 27 00:36:27 <Echo> you can
Oct 27 00:36:43 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3 engineering. find where it would make sense to put it
Oct 27 00:36:44 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: engineering. find where it would make sense to put it: 5 (4df+3=-, +, +, +)
Oct 27 00:37:40 <Echo> Well, the panel for these are often behind the counter.
Oct 27 00:38:10 <PaulS_laptop> He hops the counter
Oct 27 00:38:54 <Scantron> Izumo is still looking for beef jerky and anything out of the ordinary.
Oct 27 00:38:57 <Pemander> Is anyone actually pumping gas right now? If not, Ari gets on that.
Oct 27 00:39:07 <Ragazzo> Arnold helps.
Oct 27 00:39:30 <Echo> There'e Pemmican beef jerky a plenty Izumo.
Oct 27 00:40:30 <Echo> The SUV has 20 cans inside just waiting to be filled, the vehicles' tanks are nearly empty, and the generator on the trailer needs about 30 gallons.
Oct 27 00:40:40 <Echo> 1d2
Oct 27 00:40:40 <CROM> Echo: 1 (1d2=1)
Oct 27 00:40:56 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle searches til he finds a panel, then cracks it open to find the breaker for the lights and billboard, killing them but leaving the power to the pumps on. Then he walks outside to fill the truck's tank
Oct 27 00:41:08 <Scantron> Izumo lines his pockets with beef jerky. He then heads back outside.
Oct 27 00:41:20 <Maddy> "I've been trying to get you off of my mind for some time now, aint going well baby~"
Oct 27 00:42:11 <Dexanote> Myr takes a breath of the cold night air. Nothing's gone wrong yet…
Oct 27 00:42:43 <Echo> The lights stay on. Apparently, the dumbass who ran the generator's feed has it all coming straight from the generator.
Oct 27 00:43:50 <Echo> Give me everyone's location.
Oct 27 00:43:52 <Ragazzo> Arnold hastens to fil lthe vehicles, then the cans, and the generator.
Oct 27 00:43:59 <Ragazzo> He's currently by the uh
Oct 27 00:44:04 <Ragazzo> SUV
Oct 27 00:44:07 <Maddy> atropa's in the suv
Oct 27 00:44:07 <Scantron> Izumo's leaning against the wall of the service station.
Oct 27 00:44:10 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle is by the gas pumps, filling the truck
Oct 27 00:44:48 <Pemander> Arnold is filling cans by the SUV as well.
Oct 27 00:44:49 <Echo> «Uh, guys?»
Oct 27 00:44:50 <Pemander> Arianna*
Oct 27 00:44:51 <Pemander> O_o
Oct 27 00:45:05 <Ragazzo> «Mnnf?»
Oct 27 00:45:05 <Maddy> «Hmmmm?»
Oct 27 00:45:07 <Dexanote> Myr is outside the service station.
Oct 27 00:45:11 <Dexanote> «What?»
Oct 27 00:45:43 <Echo> «This is Scott. I'm siting up on top the billboard out here. We, uh… got a some trucks headed down the interstate.»
Oct 27 00:46:01 <Maddy> «We shuld go then.»
Oct 27 00:46:10 <Ragazzo> «Mffrffly»
Oct 27 00:46:18 <Dexanote> <Yeah. Come on. What kind of trucks?»
Oct 27 00:46:21 <Pemander> «Affirmative.»
Oct 27 00:46:27 <Scantron> «Not a bad idea.» Izumo heads over to the truck and gets in.
Oct 27 00:46:35 <Ragazzo> Arnold finioshes what vehicles he can, and ehads ot the bike.
Oct 27 00:46:36 <Echo> «They're stopped at the interstate. By the exit.»
Oct 27 00:46:55 <Maddy> «What do we do then?»>
Oct 27 00:47:10 <PaulS_laptop> «Hit a minor road, get on at the next exit?»
Oct 27 00:47:23 <PaulS_laptop> «Or blast through 'em. Either works for me»
Oct 27 00:47:30 <Echo> «Belay that, got what… I think it's a truck headed up through the traffic cir-… coming past the Lowe's.»
Oct 27 00:47:42 <Pemander> Ari starts up the bike.
Oct 27 00:47:44 <Maddy> "Im going to hide."
Oct 27 00:47:46 <Maddy> «»
Oct 27 00:48:17 <Maddy> She crunches herself as small as she can on the footspeace infront of hwer seat
Oct 27 00:48:21 <Ragazzo> Arnold checks his guns. His clothing darkens, and the flare behind his lenses deepens. Another AP, and another point of mind.
Oct 27 00:48:40 <Ragazzo> He's on the bike behind ari.
Oct 27 00:48:41 <Dexanote> Myr climbs into the truck.
Oct 27 00:49:01 <Pemander> Ari pulls out the cardboard mask for effect.
Oct 27 00:49:07 <Pemander> No AP spent because that mask doesn't do shit.
Oct 27 00:49:22 <Ragazzo> Arnold caresses the mask fondly, and places it on ari.
Oct 27 00:49:27 <Dexanote> «Scott, what kind of weapon do you have?»
Oct 27 00:49:28 <Pemander> …
Oct 27 00:49:30 <Ragazzo> This is unsettling.
Oct 27 00:49:31 <Echo> The truck Scott was talking about can be heard revving loudly as hell as it guns up the incline to the gas station.
Oct 27 00:49:42 <Scantron> Izumo scrunches down in the back seat.
Oct 27 00:50:01 <Echo> «Sig 552.»
Oct 27 00:50:12 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle unslings the cetme and takes up a position in the bed of the truck, behind cover
Oct 27 00:50:20 <PaulS_laptop> And flips the selector to auto
Oct 27 00:50:40 <Maddy> Atropa starts to quietly panic, realizing no one's in the ca with her.
Oct 27 00:50:54 <Pemander> «We await your command.»
Oct 27 00:51:01 <Echo> It blows past the islands and pulls neatly into a handicapped parking space beside the entrance to the convenience store.
Oct 27 00:51:21 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle follows it with the rifle
Oct 27 00:51:35 <Dexanote> Myr grits her teeth, holding her fancy revolver.
Oct 27 00:51:38 <Dexanote> 4df+4 Stealth.
Oct 27 00:51:38 <Scantron> Izumo peeks his head high enough to check the outdoors through the window. Any plants of notable size near the gas station?
Oct 27 00:51:39 <CROM> Dexanote: Stealth.: 4 (4df+4=0, 0, +, -)
Oct 27 00:51:44 <Echo> "WHOO-HOO!" A heavyset guy hops out the driver's side and immediately stretches before slamming his door shut.
Oct 27 00:51:56 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+4 survival to ranged. He's a hunter in a blind.
Oct 27 00:51:57 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: survival to ranged. He's a hunter in a blind.: 3 (4df+4=-, -, +, 0)
Oct 27 00:51:58 <Dexanote> She pulls a black touque over her head, stuffing her hair underneath.
Oct 27 00:52:05 <Dexanote> Oh good it's just a fat redneck
Oct 27 00:52:16 <Echo> The door on the opposite side opens and shuts, revealing a slightly shorter lanky-looking guy with brown hair.
Oct 27 00:52:59 <Echo> They're both wearing jeans. Skinny guy's got a t-shirt with a flannel jacket. Fat guy's rocking what looks to be a Big N Tall hoodie.
Oct 27 00:53:26 <Ragazzo> Arnold lifts his gun slightly, not pointing quite at the men. There's no sound, just a pitiless stare from behind red lenses.
Oct 27 00:53:53 <Echo> Fat man heads inside the store. Skinny guy comes around the back of the truck and pops the tailgate, climbs up into the back, and lights a cigarette.
Oct 27 00:54:00 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle's eyes follow the men, as he doesn't say anythin, just waiting for the guys to do something
Oct 27 00:54:05 <Dexanote> Myr wonders if the rednecks will notice them. She quietly climbs out of the truck, having not closed the door.
Oct 27 00:54:17 <Pemander> Arianna has since turned the engine of the bike back off.
Oct 27 00:54:23 <Echo> Skinny casts a glance around the lot, grinning vaguely at the truck, and cocking a little salute.
Oct 27 00:54:44 <Maddy> Atropa has no idea whats going on
Oct 27 00:54:54 <Scantron> Izumo doesn't move a muscle.
Oct 27 00:55:10 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle stands
Oct 27 00:55:12 <Echo> "Well, HOWDY!"
Oct 27 00:55:23 <PaulS_laptop> "Evenin' Fellas"
Oct 27 00:55:33 <Echo> "Fancy meetin' you here!"
Oct 27 00:55:50 <Pemander> Ari's eyebrow twitches.
Oct 27 00:55:55 <Pemander> She despises rednecks.
Oct 27 00:56:01 <Ragazzo> Arnold watches, waiting.
Oct 27 00:56:01 <PaulS_laptop> "Where ya' outta?" friendly, thick accent
Oct 27 00:56:34 <Echo> He hops down. still hanging around by the rear of the truck, and takes a long puff off his cigarette. "I was about to ask you the same thing." He looks around past Kyle.
Oct 27 00:57:06 <PaulS_laptop> "Whole lotta nowhere."
Oct 27 00:57:11 <Dexanote> Myr drifts out, Stealth'd, lingering near the truck driver door.
Oct 27 00:57:14 <Echo> Perception, everyone that's watching these guys.
Oct 27 00:57:18 <Pemander> 4df+4
Oct 27 00:57:23 <Dexanote> 4df+3
Oct 27 00:57:27 <PaulS_laptop> "Almos' outta gas, then I found this place. It's still got fuel"
Oct 27 00:57:38 <Echo> Skinny guy turns to look inside the store, where the fat man appears to be grabbing bags of chips.
Oct 27 00:57:44 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+4 (survival, still hunter in a blind)
Oct 27 00:58:06 <Ragazzo> 4df+4 doop
Oct 27 00:58:23 <PaulS_laptop> "Ain't any coffee on, but I don' think habib's gonna be around to care if ya' help yerself to everythin' else"
Oct 27 00:58:31 <Ragazzo> 4df+4 doop
Oct 27 00:58:58 <Scantron> Izumo decides to stay hidden. He sees no reason that two rednecks of uncertain disposition need to know his position.
Oct 27 00:58:58 * CROM has quit (Connection reset by peer)
Oct 27 00:59:12 * CROM (~moc.sregor.elbac.ten.epc.D2C06424-CRInys|tobeparg#moc.sregor.elbac.ten.epc.D2C06424-CRInys|tobeparg) has joined #afteractionmission
Oct 27 00:59:15 <Echo> Reroll
Oct 27 00:59:21 <Scantron> 4df+2
Oct 27 00:59:21 <CROM> Scantron: 4 (4df+2=0, 0, +, +)
Oct 27 00:59:22 <Pemander> 4df+4
Oct 27 00:59:22 <CROM> Pemander: 4 (4df+4=-, -, +, +)
Oct 27 00:59:22 <Dexanote> 4df+3
Oct 27 00:59:23 <CROM> Dexanote: 2 (4df+3=0, -, 0, 0)
Oct 27 00:59:27 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+4
Oct 27 00:59:27 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: 4 (4df+4=-, +, +, -)
Oct 27 00:59:48 <Ragazzo> 4df+4 doop
Oct 27 00:59:49 <CROM> Ragazzo: doop: 4 (4df+4=0, -, +, 0)
Oct 27 00:59:57 <Dexanote> can't sea shite cappin
Oct 27 01:00:05 <Echo> The fat man steps back outside, adjusting the sling on a shotgun, struggling to keep from dropping his chips.
Oct 27 01:00:46 <Echo> Arianna, Kyle, Arnold, and Izumo notice the skinny man's armed as well, a handgun tucked into the small of his back.
Oct 27 01:01:05 <Echo> "You guys fire this place up?"
Oct 27 01:01:10 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle dismounts the truck, walking around to the far side of it and unhooking his pump. Tank's full, and he's still behind cover
Oct 27 01:01:41 <PaulS_laptop> "Yup. Needed gas"
Oct 27 01:02:17 <PaulS_laptop> "Fortunately fer y'all, the asshole who rigged this thing up made everythin' light when I kicked the genny on"
Oct 27 01:02:27 <Echo> "Mind if we pull the 250 in?"
Oct 27 01:02:43 <PaulS_laptop> "'s a free country"
Oct 27 01:02:48 <Pemander> Arianna's eyes narrow as she tries to get a bead on the skinny feller.
Oct 27 01:02:51 <Pemander> 4df+4 maneuver, percep to throwing
Oct 27 01:02:51 <CROM> Pemander: maneuver, percep to throwing: 3 (4df+4=0, -, +, -)
Oct 27 01:03:01 <Pemander> She's not actually throwing anything yet, mind you.
Oct 27 01:03:02 <Echo> Wouldn't be hard at this distance/.
Oct 27 01:03:36 <Echo> He nods back at the fat man, who jumps into the F250, fires it up, and backs into place on the opposite side of the island from the SUV.
Oct 27 01:03:51 <Echo> Atropa, stealth
Oct 27 01:04:03 <Maddy> 4df lol
Oct 27 01:04:05 <CROM> Maddy: lol: -1 (4df=0, -, +, -)
Oct 27 01:04:08 <PaulS_laptop> So that puts them roughly between the two vehicles? Truck's gas.
Oct 27 01:04:36 <Echo> "You got somebody stowing away in there?"
Oct 27 01:04:54 <Echo> Fat man speak up for the first time. Sounds like a cheesehead.
Oct 27 01:05:17 <Ragazzo> Arnold's eying both men intently.
Oct 27 01:05:41 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle lets out a sort of friendly chuckle that's neither yes nor no
Oct 27 01:05:46 <Maddy> Atropa's not sure what to do.
Oct 27 01:05:55 <PaulS_laptop> "How's wisconsin' this time'a year?"
Oct 27 01:06:04 <Echo> Skinny guy wanders over and flips the arm up on the pump and starts filling the F250's tank.
Oct 27 01:06:37 <Echo> Fat man pipes up. "Cold as fuckin' hell. Travelin' south ain't quite takin' hold yet.'
Oct 27 01:06:39 <Dexanote> Myr drifts behind the two, eying the skinny one but staying near Fatso.
Oct 27 01:07:41 <Echo> "What's she hidin' from?"
Oct 27 01:07:48 <PaulS_laptop> "Nebraska's th'a same"
Oct 27 01:08:03 <PaulS_laptop> "She ain' well"
Oct 27 01:08:24 <Ragazzo> Arnold moves to make sure he has clean line of sight of both men.
Oct 27 01:08:36 <Ragazzo> But is prety chil lstill.
Oct 27 01:09:10 <Echo> Skinny looks around. "You uh… guys circlin' around us like it's a goddamn Tarantino film."
Oct 27 01:09:17 <Echo> "Or like some sharks or some shit."
Oct 27 01:09:43 <Scantron> Izumo's still watching from the truck.
Oct 27 01:09:46 <Echo> THUNK
Oct 27 01:09:50 <PaulS_laptop> "Rough shit out there"
Oct 27 01:09:55 <Echo> The pump stops pumping.
Oct 27 01:10:04 <Maddy> Atropa jumps a little.
Oct 27 01:10:14 <Maddy> She hits her head. "Fffff."
Oct 27 01:10:21 <PaulS_laptop> "can' be too careful these days"
Oct 27 01:10:22 <Pemander> Arianna remains completely quiet.
Oct 27 01:10:29 <Pemander> Staring at the skinny man.
Oct 27 01:11:07 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle hasn't moved, he's still talking from beside his truck
Oct 27 01:11:25 <Echo> "Just getting some gas."
Oct 27 01:11:53 <Echo> Skinny guy looks over to Arnold. "Name's Jim. Jim Wheeler."
Oct 27 01:12:04 <PaulS_laptop> "Much tha same. Hope we ain' disturbin' you too badly"
Oct 27 01:12:19 <Ragazzo> "Mmmh." It is not a pleasant response. He stares more.
Oct 27 01:12:39 <Echo> "What's uh, what's wrong with your friend here? He ill too?"
Oct 27 01:13:09 <PaulS_laptop> "Nah, he's jes wierd"
Oct 27 01:13:18 <PaulS_laptop> "Likes tha' mask a little too much"
Oct 27 01:14:03 <Echo> Everyone, perception
Oct 27 01:14:07 <Pemander> 4df+4
Oct 27 01:14:08 <CROM> Pemander: 4 (4df+4=+, -, +, -)
Oct 27 01:14:13 <Ragazzo> 4df+4 Stare.
Oct 27 01:14:14 <CROM> Ragazzo: Stare.: 4 (4df+4=0, 0, -, +)
Oct 27 01:14:14 <Maddy> 4df lol
Oct 27 01:14:15 <CROM> Maddy: lol: 3 (4df=+, +, +, 0)
Oct 27 01:14:18 <Maddy> WHAT
Oct 27 01:14:28 <Pemander> There must be…moss growing somewhere. Or something.
Oct 27 01:14:28 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+4 survival still.
Oct 27 01:14:29 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: survival still.: 3 (4df+4=-, +, 0, -)
Oct 27 01:14:37 <Scantron> 4df+2 good by baby good bye
Oct 27 01:14:38 <CROM> Scantron: good by baby good bye: 4 (4df+2=+, 0, 0, +)
Oct 27 01:14:45 <Dexanote> 4df+3
Oct 27 01:14:45 <CROM> Dexanote: 5 (4df+3=+, 0, 0, +)
Oct 27 01:14:53 <Echo> "What's that in the back of the SUV? Fuel cans? Saw a humvee in the lot down at the Lowe's with a bunch like that."
Oct 27 01:15:33 <PaulS_laptop> "Yep. Tryin'a get a while without gas. The vee ain't ours, though"
Oct 27 01:15:49 <PaulS_laptop> "I can' carry too much more, so yer welcome to 'em"
Oct 27 01:15:54 <Echo> "Doin' some home improvement?"
Oct 27 01:16:12 <PaulS_laptop> "Nah, gearin' up fer a long trip in comfort"
Oct 27 01:16:22 <PaulS_laptop> "Where you boys headed?"
Oct 27 01:17:07 <Scantron> ~I have exceeded my annual recommended dosage of redneck. There is no turning back.~ Izumo takes out some beef jerky and starts nibbling at it.
Oct 27 01:17:10 <Dexanote> Myr briefly glances at her radio, eyes narrowed. She looks at the men; are they wearing radios?
Oct 27 01:17:17 <Echo> "Well, that's the thing, you see."
Oct 27 01:17:20 <Echo> They are not.
Oct 27 01:17:39 <PaulS_laptop> "Hm?"
Oct 27 01:17:46 <Echo> "Move around a lot."
Oct 27 01:18:00 <PaulS_laptop> "Much'a the same. Wes' or eas'?"
Oct 27 01:18:20 <PaulS_laptop> "Maybe we'll be able to help eachother out some"
Oct 27 01:18:50 <Echo> "West for now."
Oct 27 01:19:20 <PaulS_laptop> "Stay outta Spokane"
Oct 27 01:19:33 <Dexanote> Myr drifts to Kyle, easing into noticeability.
Oct 27 01:19:40 <Dexanote> 4df+4 Power
Oct 27 01:19:40 <PaulS_laptop> "Crazy bitch runs it."
Oct 27 01:19:41 <CROM> Dexanote: Power: 6 (4df+4=+, 0, 0, +)
Oct 27 01:20:05 <Echo> "What's wrong with Spokane?"
Oct 27 01:20:23 <PaulS_laptop> "Crazy lady runs it."
Oct 27 01:20:42 <Echo> Skinny guy looks disoriented for a moment.
Oct 27 01:20:48 <PaulS_laptop> "An' it ain't too friendly to folks lookin' for good pickins"
Oct 27 01:20:52 <Ragazzo> Arnold keeps one hand on his gun, while he goes about filling whatever else needs filling.
Oct 27 01:20:56 <Echo> "Some damn deja vu or something."
Oct 27 01:21:25 <PaulS_laptop> "Seen anythin' back eas' worth avoidin or stoppin' in at?"
Oct 27 01:22:01 <Dexanote> "Hey." Myr nudges Kyle, waving at the rednecks. "Radios are being weird."
Oct 27 01:22:35 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle nods imperceptably to her "mm" quietly
Oct 27 01:23:18 <PaulS_laptop> to her, under his breath "Someone's fucking about with it, possibly to jam shit maybe"
Oct 27 01:23:24 <Echo> "So where'd you say you were packed up at?"
Oct 27 01:23:26 <PaulS_laptop> "Keep an eye out"
Oct 27 01:23:36 <PaulS_laptop> To the rednecks "We ain't."
Oct 27 01:23:40 <PaulS_laptop> "This is it"
Oct 27 01:24:15 <Echo> Fat man glances back at the station. "I don't see no beds."
Oct 27 01:24:26 <PaulS_laptop> "Sleepin' in th' trucks"
Oct 27 01:24:46 <PaulS_laptop> "Pretty miserable, but it works. Was hopin' maybe ya knew somewhere comfortable close by?"
Oct 27 01:24:47 <Ragazzo> Arnold continues, eyes remaining on the pair as much as possible.
Oct 27 01:24:54 <PaulS_laptop> "hotel or somethin"
Oct 27 01:25:09 <Echo> "Awful cold for a bunch of people to be sleepin' in trucks."
Oct 27 01:25:20 <PaulS_laptop> "Yer damned right it is."
Oct 27 01:25:22 <Pemander> Ari does not like the way this conversation is heading.
Oct 27 01:25:49 <PaulS_laptop> "You guys holed up somewhere we might be able ta stay a night or somethin? Get warm"
Oct 27 01:26:11 <Echo> The fat guy walks back around the truck toward the station, and pops the passenger side door, with the truck between him and the others.
Oct 27 01:26:35 <Echo> Jim shrugs. "I dunno. We was probably gonna head out tonight. Got a lot of ground to cover."
Oct 27 01:26:51 <Dexanote> Myr eyes Fatso. "Where'r you coming from, Jim?"
Oct 27 01:27:18 <Scantron> ~This jerky is really, really good.~ Izumo tries not to eat /too/ much.
Oct 27 01:27:49 <Echo> "Wanga pang pang over there huh."
Oct 27 01:28:07 <Echo> "Wisconsis."
Oct 27 01:28:21 <Echo> "Power's out up north. Spotty."
Oct 27 01:28:23 <Echo> *n
Oct 27 01:28:32 <Ragazzo> Arnold stows away the last can. Turns to eye the men again.
Oct 27 01:28:37 <Echo> "Buncha people headed down south for the winter."
Oct 27 01:28:37 <Ragazzo> "Mnnh."
Oct 27 01:28:41 <PaulS_laptop> "You boys might weanna try headed southerly, down to cali. Some rough travelin' back our way"
Oct 27 01:28:50 <Ragazzo> Taps his foot impatiently.
Oct 27 01:28:54 <Echo> "Heard some bad shit about Cali."
Oct 27 01:29:09 <PaulS_laptop> "Some bad shit everywhere 'seems like"
Oct 27 01:29:12 <Echo> He looks over at Myr. "Where you headed, sweet thang?"
Oct 27 01:29:25 <PaulS_laptop> "Washington's got some fuckin rat things"
Oct 27 01:29:38 <PaulS_laptop> He looks over at the feller like he's hitting on his woman
Oct 27 01:29:43 <Echo> He chuckles. "They got any more like her in Cali?"
Oct 27 01:30:16 <PaulS_laptop> "i got tha only one"
Oct 27 01:30:27 <PaulS_laptop> under his breath to myr "follow my lead"
Oct 27 01:31:07 <Echo> The fat man's still hovering around the other side of the truck.
Oct 27 01:31:12 <Pemander> Arianna looks back to Arnold with an expression that says 'I want to kill someone so badly'.
Oct 27 01:31:25 <PaulS_laptop> "Reckon there's some other folks down that'a way that're close seconds, though"
Oct 27 01:31:25 <Echo> "What's your name, friend?"
Oct 27 01:31:35 <Scantron> Izumo flatfaces. ~Well then.~
Oct 27 01:31:42 <Dexanote> She glances at Jim and snorts, sliding her hand into Kyles. "Sorry, Jim. you're not my type."
Oct 27 01:31:58 <PaulS_laptop> "Name's Kyle"
Oct 27 01:32:29 <PaulS_laptop> "Kyle Mercer. riginally from wes' virginia."
Oct 27 01:32:53 <PaulS_laptop> "visitin' her family when things went ta hell"
Oct 27 01:33:23 <Ragazzo> Arnold meets her look. There's an inkling of agreement in the unsettling glow. He moves, trying to get line of sight on the fat man.
Oct 27 01:33:46 <Echo> Jim nods. ""Kyle, huh. Tell you what, Kyle. What if I was to say that…"
Oct 27 01:33:57 <Echo> The radio's still clicking.
Oct 27 01:34:11 <Echo> "Think someone's trying to get a call through."
Oct 27 01:34:35 <PaulS_laptop> "Yeah, I think so."
Oct 27 01:34:48 <Dexanote> "… What if it's Elle?"
Oct 27 01:34:56 <Echo> "Elle?"
Oct 27 01:35:29 <PaulS_laptop> "Cousin."
Oct 27 01:35:36 <Echo> "Got more friends around here?"
Oct 27 01:36:00 <PaulS_laptop> "Hard ol' world, can't have all'a us right here"
Oct 27 01:36:15 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle's looking at him fairly squarely.
Oct 27 01:36:42 <Echo> "Thought you said you was staying here?"
Oct 27 01:36:44 <PaulS_laptop> There's some friendliness dropping away now, edging on some icy
Oct 27 01:36:48 <Ragazzo> Foot tap. Arnold wants to go.
Oct 27 01:37:03 <PaulS_laptop> "Nope, We're passin' through. Just stopped here fer gas"
Oct 27 01:37:23 <PaulS_laptop> "Jes you two out here?"
Oct 27 01:37:51 <Echo> "Tell you what. We got some guns ourselves. What if you brought us back? Couple extra hands never hurt, huh?" He's looking back at Myrtle now.
Oct 27 01:38:30 <PaulS_laptop> "Back where? Were the ones behin'"
Oct 27 01:39:01 <Echo> "Hard to be the ones after gas if you're the ones *behind* now, ain't it?"
Oct 27 01:39:24 <Echo> He nods back the fat guy, who closes the door on the passenger side.
Oct 27 01:39:44 <Echo> Jim reaches down into this pocket and comes back up with the pack of cigarettes.
Oct 27 01:39:50 <PaulS_laptop> "Only a fool'd stop the lead fer resources"
Oct 27 01:40:57 <PaulS_laptop> "Pleasure meatin' ya boys, but we prob'ly should be headed out. Wish y'all a safe trip out west. An' be careful'a folks out there"
Oct 27 01:41:21 <Dexanote> Myr huffs. "Come on. I'm cold. Lets get out of here." She salute-waves to the pair.
Oct 27 01:41:25 <Echo> "Aww, come on. You ain't gotta run off so fast. I mean, we just met."
Oct 27 01:41:26 <Dexanote> > pleasure meatin ya
Oct 27 01:41:57 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle helps her into the passenger side of the farmer armor'd truck
Oct 27 01:42:33 <PaulS_laptop> "We're late fer our rondeyvou anyways"
Oct 27 01:42:43 <PaulS_laptop> Is the radio still clicking?
Oct 27 01:43:12 <Ragazzo> Arnold gets on the bike, briefly touching ari's shoulder for her to get on behind him. He wants t drive.
Oct 27 01:43:20 <Echo> It is.
Oct 27 01:43:26 <Echo> It stops for a moment.
Oct 27 01:43:31 <Pemander> She looks back at him like 'are you fucking kidding'.
Oct 27 01:43:37 <Echo> A tiny hiss comes through the radio, almost too quiet to hear.
Oct 27 01:43:41 <Echo> Then the click starts again
Oct 27 01:44:12 <Ragazzo> "…..mnnf." He slides back so she can drive.
Oct 27 01:44:27 <Pemander> Damn right. Ari gets on.
Oct 27 01:44:34 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle hits the radio "Regulator, this is Wildman. We're loaded."
Oct 27 01:44:39 <Dexanote> Myr's eyes flick to the radio, then to Kyle.
Oct 27 01:44:42 <PaulS_laptop> «»
Oct 27 01:45:03 <PaulS_laptop> «This thing is wonky. Say again, Regulator, we're loaded»
Oct 27 01:45:15 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle steps towards the hood, as if to walk around the front of the truck
Oct 27 01:45:22 <Echo> Scott notably *doesn't* come down.
Oct 27 01:45:51 <Pemander> Arianna looks all around them for anything out of the ordinary.
Oct 27 01:46:04 <Echo> Perception, arianna
Oct 27 01:46:09 <PaulS_laptop> «Regulator, you there?»
Oct 27 01:46:11 <Dexanote> Myr drifts behind Kyle, hopping a bit to land a kiss on his cheek.
Oct 27 01:46:12 <Pemander> 4df+4 One AP for power
Oct 27 01:46:13 <CROM> Pemander: One AP for power: 4 (4df+4=-, +, -, +)
Oct 27 01:46:20 <Pemander> It's a 6.
Oct 27 01:46:53 <PaulS_laptop> "Now, you boys wouldn't know anythin' about fixin' radios, would ya?"
Oct 27 01:47:18 <Pemander> "…"
Oct 27 01:47:22 <Echo> "Couldn't say."
Oct 27 01:47:25 <PaulS_laptop> "love ya, babe" to myr
Oct 27 01:47:40 <Pemander> Arianna leans back to Arnold and whispers something to him.
Oct 27 01:47:41 <PaulS_laptop> "Mine's always been a bit fiddly"
Oct 27 01:48:00 <Ragazzo> Arnold listens eyes still fixed unsettlingly on the rednecks. Unfriendly intentions.
Oct 27 01:48:07 <Dexanote> raep
Oct 27 01:48:20 <PaulS_laptop> "An' I'm havin' trouble raisin mah brother"
Oct 27 01:48:41 <PaulS_laptop> "Say, either'a you folks know anythin' about that either?"
Oct 27 01:49:00 <PaulS_laptop> all the friendly is gone now, replaced by a very flat, expressionless tone
Oct 27 01:49:04 <Ragazzo> Dropping another ap, and mental health. Arnold gives the man the most unsettling stare. The kind of stare to possibly make a man want to turn around, and just start walking/running/driving as soon as possible. Arnold's clothes are a seamless black mass, except for his red shirt with has a distinctly unpleasant texture to it.
Oct 27 01:49:08 <Echo> Jim shrugs, and looks back at the fat man.
Oct 27 01:49:20 <Ragazzo> 4df+5 Intimidate
Oct 27 01:49:21 <CROM> Ragazzo: Intimidate: 5 (4df+5=0, -, 0, +)
Oct 27 01:49:23 <Pemander> Arianna uses this opportunity to get off the bike and calmly walk up behind Myrtle and Kyle.
Oct 27 01:49:25 <PaulS_laptop> «Regulator, you there?»
Oct 27 01:49:28 <Echo> 4df+4
Oct 27 01:49:29 <CROM> Echo: 6 (4df+4=+, 0, 0, +)
Oct 27 01:49:32 <Ragazzo> ffffu
Oct 27 01:49:37 <Pemander> "Spike strip. They don't intend for us to leave."
Oct 27 01:49:42 <Pemander> (This is whispered)
Oct 27 01:49:49 <Maddy> Atropa gets out of the SUV and just starts running away from any light source.
Oct 27 01:49:50 <Echo> The man stares back at Arnold. "Somethin' wrong, schizo?"
Oct 27 01:49:58 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle walks beside her, and mumbles "start th' truck."
Oct 27 01:50:08 <Echo> Whoa, where's she goin?"
Oct 27 01:50:10 <PaulS_laptop> "Drop th' suspension and put 'er off the road"
Oct 27 01:50:37 <Pemander> Arianna winks at the rednecks. "I was jus' sayin to him…I think you two are mighty cute."
Oct 27 01:51:01 <Echo> "I think it's a little too late for that."
Oct 27 01:51:03 <Dexanote> Myr opens her mouth to say something, then just sighs and shakes her head.
Oct 27 01:51:09 <Echo> Everyone, roll 1d10
Oct 27 01:51:09 <Pemander> "…"
Oct 27 01:51:12 <Dexanote> 1d10
Oct 27 01:51:12 <Scantron> 1d10
Oct 27 01:51:13 <CROM> Dexanote: 5 (1d10=5)
Oct 27 01:51:13 <Pemander> 1d10
Oct 27 01:51:13 <CROM> Scantron: 3 (1d10=3)
Oct 27 01:51:13 <CROM> Pemander: 1 (1d10=1)
Oct 27 01:51:16 <Dexanote> nice
Oct 27 01:51:17 <PaulS_laptop> 1d10
Oct 27 01:51:18 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: 5 (1d10=5)
Oct 27 01:51:19 <Maddy> 1d10 ?
Oct 27 01:51:20 <CROM> Maddy: ?: 8 (1d10=8)
Oct 27 01:51:22 <Echo> 1d10
Oct 27 01:51:22 <CROM> Echo: 3 (1d10=3)
Oct 27 01:51:22 <Ragazzo> 1d10 Arnold slides forward on the motorcycle without replying. He continues to bore into the two.
Oct 27 01:51:23 <CROM> Ragazzo: Arnold slides forward on the motorcycle without replying. He continues to bore into the two.: 10 (1d10=10)
Oct 27 01:52:06 <Echo> There's a scuffling sound off to the dark part of the parking lot away from the islands.
Oct 27 01:52:09 <Echo> Atropa, roll defense.
Oct 27 01:52:15 <Maddy> 4df+3
Oct 27 01:52:16 <CROM> Maddy: 3 (4df+3=+, 0, -, 0)
Oct 27 01:52:26 <Echo> 4df+4
Oct 27 01:52:28 <CROM> Echo: 2 (4df+4=0, -, 0, -)
Oct 27 01:53:23 <Echo> Something hits her leg as she runs, but doesn't trip her. She can hear footsteps behind her for a scant second before a loud CRACK rings out through the night air. There's a splat, and a thud behind her.
Oct 27 01:53:38 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+8 tagging maneuver and Black Helicopters. Kyle lets the cetme hang and whips up the greasegun, pumping rounds at fat man.
Oct 27 01:53:39 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: tagging maneuver and Black Helicopters. Kyle lets the cetme hang and whips up the greasegun, pumping rounds at fat man.: 8 (4df+8=0, +, -, 0)
Oct 27 01:53:47 <Echo> A single casing tinktinktinks down from the billboard.
Oct 27 01:54:16 <Scantron> Izumo looks around for any sort of plant in the general vicinity.
Oct 27 01:54:29 <Scantron> Wait, turn order. I'll wait.
Oct 27 01:54:37 <Echo> It's an asphalt parking lot.
Oct 27 01:54:43 <Dexanote> 4df+4 Stealth. Myr doubles down beside the Truck, sliding into obscurity in the shadows.
Oct 27 01:54:43 <CROM> Dexanote: Stealth. Myr doubles down beside the Truck, sliding into obscurity in the shadows.: 5 (4df+4=+, 0, -, +)
Oct 27 01:54:47 <Maddy> Theres always Atropa
Oct 27 01:54:52 <Echo> She's a ghost.
Oct 27 01:55:01 <Ragazzo> Arnold keys the ignition, waves at arianna to hurry the hell up, and remains stationary for on the bike, in the driver's seat, while he lines up a shot at skinny redneck with a silenced pistol.
Oct 27 01:55:13 <Ragazzo> 4df+2
Oct 27 01:55:18 <Ragazzo> 4df+2 word
Oct 27 01:55:18 <CROM> Ragazzo: word: 1 (4df+2=0, 0, -, 0)
Oct 27 01:55:51 <Echo> The shot goes WAY wide as the man spins around the back of his truck, taking cover behind the wheel well. The fat man does the same up front.
Oct 27 01:56:17 <Echo> A split second later, gunfire starts tearing over the side of the parked F250 at the assembled group.
Oct 27 01:58:05 <Echo> Atropa is next
Oct 27 01:58:13 <Maddy> She's just running un a striaghtline
Oct 27 01:58:56 * Tox (~ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.EDB96CC1-CRInys|amitlU#ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.EDB96CC1-CRInys|amitlU) has joined #afteractionmission
Oct 27 01:59:33 <Echo> Myrtle and Kyle.
Oct 27 01:59:36 <Echo> Dynamic Duo.
Oct 27 01:59:37 <Echo> GO
Oct 27 02:00:09 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+8 tagging maneuver and Black Helicopters. "YOU GET THE SKINNY ONE" Kyle lets the cetme speak. Automatic fire from a .308 trumps a wheel well any day. Targeting fat man
Oct 27 02:00:11 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: tagging maneuver and Black Helicopters. "YOU GET THE SKINNY ONE" Kyle lets the cetme speak. Automatic fire from a .308 trumps a wheel well any day. Targeting fat man: 9 (4df+8=+, +, -, 0)
Oct 27 02:01:14 <Dexanote> 4df+4 Myr ducks, rolling over the hood of the car and landing on one knee, aiming at Skinny Jim. She will never get bored of shooting rednecks.
Oct 27 02:01:14 <CROM> Dexanote: Myr ducks, rolling over the hood of the car and landing on one knee, aiming at Skinny Jim. She will never get bored of shooting rednecks.: 3 (4df+4=0, -, -, +)
Oct 27 02:01:26 <Echo> 4df+4
Oct 27 02:01:27 <CROM> Echo: 2 (4df+4=-, +, -, -)
Oct 27 02:01:29 <Echo> 4df+4
Oct 27 02:01:30 <CROM> Echo: 4 (4df+4=0, +, -, 0)
Oct 27 02:02:17 <Echo> Fat Man gets shredded by a bunch of the heavy-caliber rounds. A wet "thump" is heard between shots as he drops to the ground. "FRANK!"
Oct 27 02:02:54 <Echo> Jim miraculously dodges Myr's fire as he scuttles back behind the front of the truck.
Oct 27 02:03:13 <Dexanote> "Oh god damn it."
Oct 27 02:03:27 <Echo> SCANTRON
Oct 27 02:03:52 <Scantron> Izumo takes the opportunity to get out of the vehicle and run off in the same direction as Atropa.
Oct 27 02:04:33 <Pemander> Ari's turn, then?
Oct 27 02:04:43 <Echo> YES
Oct 27 02:05:01 <Pemander> She tosses a knife toward Jim, then jumps on the back of the motorcycle.
Oct 27 02:05:03 <Pemander> 4df+4 LAH-KEE
Oct 27 02:05:05 <CROM> Pemander: LAH-KEE: 4 (4df+4=0, +, 0, -)
Oct 27 02:05:28 <Echo> 4df+3 Jim's behind the truck.
Oct 27 02:05:28 <CROM> Echo: Jim's behind the truck.: 4 (4df+3=+, -, 0, +)
Oct 27 02:05:43 <Pemander> High-arc throw, bro.
Oct 27 02:05:49 <Echo> It ricochets off the metal beside his head.
Oct 27 02:05:53 <Echo> ARIANNA
Oct 27 02:05:56 <Echo> PDEF
Oct 27 02:06:01 <Pemander> 4df+3 I AM INVINCIBRU
Oct 27 02:06:01 <CROM> Pemander: I AM INVINCIBRU: 4 (4df+3=0, 0, 0, +)
Oct 27 02:06:05 <Echo> 4df4 Jim opens up with a Glock again.
Oct 27 02:06:13 <Echo> 4df+4 Jim opens up with a Glock again.
Oct 27 02:06:14 <CROM> Echo: Jim opens up with a Glock again.: 4 (4df+4=0, 0, -, +)
Oct 27 02:06:43 <Echo> And… tags her motorcycle's tire, blowing it out.
Oct 27 02:06:49 <Pemander> You fucker.
Oct 27 02:08:49 <Ragazzo> Arnold hisses angrily, and slips off the motorcycle, to stalk towards skinny. There's a screwdiver in his right hand. Stabbing is attempted.
Oct 27 02:08:59 <Ragazzo> 4df+2 stabbity
Oct 27 02:09:00 <CROM> Ragazzo: stabbity: 3 (4df+2=0, +, 0, 0)
Oct 27 02:09:43 <Echo> 4df+3
Oct 27 02:09:44 <CROM> Echo: 5 (4df+3=0, 0, +, +)
Oct 27 02:09:49 <Echo> O_O
Oct 27 02:09:52 <Ragazzo> fucking-
Oct 27 02:09:52 <Echo> REACTION FIRE
Oct 27 02:09:55 <Ragazzo> damn it
Oct 27 02:09:56 <Echo> Roll pdef
Oct 27 02:10:03 <Ragazzo> 4df+3 Grah
Oct 27 02:10:05 <CROM> Ragazzo: Grah: 2 (4df+3=0, 0, -, 0)
Oct 27 02:10:20 <Echo> 4df+4 Jim opens up as a crazy guy in a gas mask charges him with a screwdriver
Oct 27 02:10:22 <CROM> Echo: Jim opens up as a crazy guy in a gas mask charges him with a screwdriver: 4 (4df+4=+, +, -, -)
Oct 27 02:10:45 <Echo> He catches two nine millimeter rounds square in the stomach.
Oct 27 02:10:48 <PaulS_laptop> "Get the fuck down, boy"
Oct 27 02:11:26 <Dexanote> "Oh god damn it Arnold-" Myr reloads the one spent round.
Oct 27 02:11:46 <Maddy> Atropa is still running unless something trips her, attacks her or otherwie stops her from running
Oct 27 02:12:02 <Dexanote> «Evans. Skinny Jim. In the head. Now.»
Oct 27 02:12:05 <Echo> Izumo runs past a screaming man in the grass
Oct 27 02:12:30 <Ragazzo> He looks down. Lifts his head. Looks at the screwdiver. Backs up, reaching for a gun. Seems less hellbent on shanking now. Moment of clarity perhaps.
Oct 27 02:12:35 <Echo> 4df+7 Spending an AP to serve and protect.
Oct 27 02:12:36 <CROM> Echo: Spending an AP to serve and protect.: 7 (4df+7=0, 0, +, -)
Oct 27 02:12:41 <Echo> 4df+4
Oct 27 02:12:41 <CROM> Echo: 4 (4df+4=+, +, -, -)
Oct 27 02:12:59 <Scantron> Izumo stops and looks at the screaming man. How many dreadlords does he need?
Oct 27 02:13:10 <Dexanote> «Good work. I owe you.»
Oct 27 02:13:16 <Echo> A round smacks into the top of Skinny's skull, sending a gout of gore and reddish spray up into the ir behind the truck.
Oct 27 02:13:34 <PaulS_laptop> «Good shot, regulator»
Oct 27 02:14:03 <Pemander> Arianna is staring at the tire of her bike with a look of pure horror.
Oct 27 02:14:09 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle gets up from behind cover, slinging the cetme and unholstering the 1911
Oct 27 02:14:40 <Echo> The man by Izumo is clutching a horrific wound on his knee.
Oct 27 02:15:07 <Echo> The flesh on the inside looks fairly well blown away. He's losing a lot of blood.
Oct 27 02:15:18 <Ragazzo> Arnold's looking at his stomach, poking his wounds lightly a bit, examining the damage.
Oct 27 02:15:42 <Dexanote> «Izumo. Back to the group. Anybody hurt?»
Oct 27 02:15:43 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle walks over to Arnold "Where you hi-aw fuck"
Oct 27 02:16:12 <Scantron> "Uh… uh… [fuck]." «I'm fine. There's a man here with a really bad knee wound.» Is he armed, or near a weapon?
Oct 27 02:16:31 <PaulS_laptop> «Shoot him.»
Oct 27 02:16:33 <Echo> Funny, Arnold. Everyone always said that gunshots to the stomach hurt like a motherfucker.
Oct 27 02:16:49 <Echo> He's laying by an old break-action shotgun.
Oct 27 02:16:49 <Ragazzo> Crazy demon mask posession.
Oct 27 02:16:55 <Echo> It's several feet away.
Oct 27 02:17:00 <PaulS_laptop> «We got one wounded. Someone gimmie a hand.»
Oct 27 02:17:17 <Pemander> Ari walks over to Arnold and nods to Kyle.
Oct 27 02:17:34 <Ragazzo> Arnold sits.
Oct 27 02:17:38 <Echo> «We got anyone else moving down there?»
Oct 27 02:17:44 <Pemander> She positions herself under one of his armpits and stands up.
Oct 27 02:17:59 <Ragazzo> Arnold is lifted?
Oct 27 02:18:09 <PaulS_laptop> "Leave him down for a second."
Oct 27 02:18:30 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle inspects the wound. Is it clean through, or stopped partway through?
Oct 27 02:18:51 <Echo> Went clean through. Thank God for cheap-ass ball rounds.
Oct 27 02:19:04 <Pemander> "Do we really have time for this? I thought it would be more people if they were putting down spike strips."
Oct 27 02:19:08 <Scantron> Izumo goes over and takes the shotgun, then looks around for anything moving in his vicinity.
Oct 27 02:19:23 <Scantron> I mean, aside from the people he expects to be moving.
Oct 27 02:19:30 <Echo> There's… nothing.
Oct 27 02:19:38 <Scantron> Izumo nods. This is good.
Oct 27 02:19:42 <Echo> «Where's Atropa?»
Oct 27 02:19:53 <Dexanote> «God damn it.»
Oct 27 02:20:43 <Dexanote> Myr climbs on the truck's hood, looking out into the night. «Atropa where'd you go?»
Oct 27 02:20:48 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3 improvisation Kyle removes his shirt and begins working at it. improvised bandages!
Oct 27 02:20:48 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: improvisation Kyle removes his shirt and begins working at it. improvised bandages!: 3 (4df+3=-, -, +, +)
Oct 27 02:21:23 <Maddy> She left her plant and her radio in the SUV when she bolted
Oct 27 02:21:37 <Echo> «Guys?»
Oct 27 02:21:44 <Echo> «I think we got another problem.»
Oct 27 02:21:44 <Pemander> «I don't see her.»
Oct 27 02:21:51 <Ragazzo> 4df+1 uhhH? agains the wound?
Oct 27 02:21:52 <CROM> Ragazzo: uhhH? agains the wound?: 1 (4df+1=0, +, 0, -)
Oct 27 02:21:54 <Dexanote> «What is it, Scot?»
Oct 27 02:22:23 <Echo> «There's uh… buncha lights down on the interstate. Headed West.»
Oct 27 02:22:41 <Pemander> "What did I say. More people."
Oct 27 02:22:45 <PaulS_laptop> "Ari, help me get him into the bed of the truck."
Oct 27 02:22:49 <Echo> «We got another headed up… wait, no, he stopped down at the traffic circle.»
Oct 27 02:22:50 <Pemander> "Right."
Oct 27 02:23:15 <Ragazzo> Arnold stands.
Oct 27 02:23:18 <Ragazzo> Sway.
Oct 27 02:23:22 <Ragazzo> But standing.
Oct 27 02:23:24 <Pemander> Arianna steadies him.
Oct 27 02:23:38 <Pemander> "Come on, screwdriver dumbass."
Oct 27 02:23:46 <Ragazzo> Mask touch.
Oct 27 02:23:47 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle helps him into the bed of the truck "now lay down, an' try to keep pressure on this"
Oct 27 02:24:02 <Ragazzo> He does so.
Oct 27 02:24:04 <PaulS_laptop> "you too, ari, hold this shit down. if it gets worse, stick another on top of it"
Oct 27 02:24:19 <Scantron> «I'm going to go see if I can't catch up with Atropa.» Izumo runs off in the direction that he saw Atropa go in.
Oct 27 02:24:22 <Pemander> She nods and presses down on the wound.
Oct 27 02:24:23 <Echo> "ATROPA!!!!"
Oct 27 02:24:40 <Echo> Evans is screaming her name from on top of the billboard in the parking lot.
Oct 27 02:24:42 <PaulS_laptop> «hurry an' find her. We need to intercept those people.»
Oct 27 02:24:58 <PaulS_laptop> kyle reloads the cetme
Oct 27 02:25:22 <Pemander> "Fucking fuck shit fuck. I don't want to leave the bike. Please don't make me leave the bike."
Oct 27 02:25:37 <Dexanote> "You're leaving the goddamn bike. We'll find you a new one."
Oct 27 02:25:42 <PaulS_laptop> "Hang on"
Oct 27 02:25:42 <Maddy> Atropa stumbles and fals
Oct 27 02:26:15 <Dexanote> Where?
Oct 27 02:26:15 <Scantron> Izumo runs until he catches up with Atropa. However long that takes. I honestly don't know.
Oct 27 02:26:21 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle walks over to the shot up 250 and tries to manhandle the bike into it, before attempting to start it. Any good?
Oct 27 02:27:07 <Echo> The 250's bricked.
Oct 27 02:27:26 <Echo> He can see "daylight" through some holes through the engine block.
Oct 27 02:27:52 <PaulS_laptop> he kicks the tire "dammit"
Oct 27 02:28:01 <PaulS_laptop> "Well, we're gettin' you a new bike"
Oct 27 02:28:11 <Maddy> 4df+2 Thrown, Atropa flings something at Izumo. I'll roll the damage if it hits.
Oct 27 02:28:11 <Pemander> "Myrtle's right, it doesn't fucking matter."
Oct 27 02:28:12 <CROM> Maddy: Thrown, Atropa flings something at Izumo. I'll roll the damage if it hits.: 3 (4df+2=+, -, 0, +)
Oct 27 02:28:16 <Dexanote> «Scott, they going to camp?»
Oct 27 02:28:16 <Pemander> "Let's just get Atropa and get out of here."
Oct 27 02:28:25 <PaulS_laptop> «Anyone found atropa yet?»
Oct 27 02:28:25 <Ragazzo> Arnold rips off the mask. "Fffffffuuuuuuck!"
Oct 27 02:28:29 <Dexanote> «Izumo do you have Atropa yet?»
Oct 27 02:28:29 <Scantron> 4df+3 D:
Oct 27 02:28:30 <CROM> Scantron: D:: 5 (4df+3=0, 0, +, +)
Oct 27 02:28:33 <Echo> «I got no idea. Might be best not to talk about *camp*.»
Oct 27 02:28:37 <Maddy> The poison misses.
Oct 27 02:28:43 * Ragazzo has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Oct 27 02:28:44 <Scantron> Izumo ducks. «Found her.» "Atropa, it's me!"
Oct 27 02:28:50 <Maddy> "S-s-sorry!"
Oct 27 02:29:41 <Scantron> "It's fine. We fought off the rednecks, but there are other people- things going on. I don't know. Just follow me back." He offers her a hand.
Oct 27 02:29:59 <PaulS_laptop> «Meet me at the hill» Kyle walks out and looks down at the traffic circle through his scope. Any people?
Oct 27 02:30:13 <Maddy> She takes his hand, getting back up. "Is Scott..everyone ok?"
Oct 27 02:30:17 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+4 p[oacher in the dark, survival as perception
Oct 27 02:30:18 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: p[oacher in the dark, survival as perception: 6 (4df+4=+, +, -, +)
Oct 27 02:30:22 <Echo> Nothing. The truck's left.
Oct 27 02:30:44 <Echo> The man Izumo passed before is *still* screaming, holding his knee.
Oct 27 02:30:56 <Scantron> "Arnold got shot, but everyone will live." He starts running back to the group, leading Atropa via hand.
Oct 27 02:31:01 <PaulS_laptop> «Will someone shut that man up?»
Oct 27 02:31:30 <Pemander> Ari walks over and slits his throat.
Oct 27 02:31:36 <Dexanote> well
Oct 27 02:31:40 <Dexanote> that escalated quickly
Oct 27 02:31:47 <PaulS_laptop> «Thank you»
Oct 27 02:31:47 <Echo> …
Oct 27 02:31:50 <Pemander> Fuck that man and his screaming.
Oct 27 02:32:14 <Maddy> "Now what?"
Oct 27 02:33:13 <Scantron> Izumo and Atropa reach the place. "Okay, we're here. At least you got the man to sto…"
Oct 27 02:34:09 <Echo> Evans slides the last few feet down the ladder.
Oct 27 02:34:28 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle returns to the vehicles
Oct 27 02:34:48 <Scantron> "…yeah…" Izumo decides that he doesn't really need to know and heads back to the videos.
Oct 27 02:35:06 <Pemander> Ari wipes the blood off of her knife and hops into the back of the truck.
Oct 27 02:35:12 <PaulS_laptop> «Everybody, roll out. Slowly. Watch for spike strips.»
Oct 27 02:35:23 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle mounts up in the truck
Oct 27 02:35:41 <Dexanote> Myr climbs into the truck. "Get rid of the beard, Kyle."
Oct 27 02:35:44 <Dexanote> "I'm all itchy."
Oct 27 02:35:49 * Tyber (ten.tsacmoc.im.1dsh.EE852873-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.tsacmoc.im.1dsh.EE852873-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
Oct 27 02:35:50 <Pemander> "Seriously."
Oct 27 02:35:56 <Maddy> Atropa gets back into the SUV
Oct 27 02:36:11 <Scantron> Izumo gets in the truck.
Oct 27 02:36:12 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle laughs an odd, toneless laugh
Oct 27 02:36:26 <Scantron> "…that's… definitely one way of getting a man to be quiet."
Oct 27 02:36:44 <Pemander> "I wasn't in the mood for any goddamn shennanigans. Forgive me."
Oct 27 02:37:02 <PaulS_laptop> "Good. Thank you."
Oct 27 02:37:12 <PaulS_laptop> «scott, you want lead, or should I?»
Oct 27 02:37:18 <Scantron> Izumo nods.
Oct 27 02:38:18 <Echo> Evans runs out to the top of the hill and drags the strip out of the way before jogging back to the SUV.
Oct 27 02:38:45 <PaulS_laptop> He softens the suspension and pops his head outside the window "anyone who knows any sort of medical anythins, help out Arnold." still toneless
Oct 27 02:39:09 <Echo> He hops in, starts up, and pulls behind the truck. «We can get the rest later. And Atropa? Wanna do your thing?»
Oct 27 02:39:27 <Echo> He looks over at her and winks. "Don't forget your plant and radio."
Oct 27 02:39:41 <Maddy> "My thing?"
Oct 27 02:40:20 <Echo> "Arnold got shot."
Oct 27 02:40:33 <Maddy> "Oh, sure." she takes her plant radio and heads over to the truck.
Oct 27 02:40:50 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle waits for her to board, then heads off
Oct 27 02:41:52 <Maddy> Atropa spends an AP to make sme healy gell, and moves to Arnold. "Lif your shirt."
Oct 27 02:42:01 <Dexanote> Myr sighs, sitting back in the truck.
Oct 27 02:42:23 <Pemander> "Sorry things turned out this way, Myrtle."
Oct 27 02:42:38 <Dexanote> "What way?"
Oct 27 02:42:45 <Pemander> "People shooting at us."
Oct 27 02:43:05 <Maddy> Presumaly he does so and she fixes him and stuff.
Oct 27 02:43:29 <Echo> «Be advised, I'm gonna roll blackout. I'm also gonna suggest that we grab another vehicle. Move Arnold and someone else over, let'em head back. I can stop at a outdoor store and grab the rest of what we need on my own, if you like. A volunteer would be nice.»
Oct 27 02:43:46 <PaulS_laptop> «I'm down. Someone else drive»
Oct 27 02:43:58 <Dexanote> «I'll d- Alright I'll drive.»
Oct 27 02:44:10 <Maddy> «What about the others?»
Oct 27 02:44:28 <Scantron> Izumo shrugs. «I'll go with Arnold.»
Oct 27 02:44:37 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle dismounts and lets myrtle over
Oct 27 02:44:40 <Echo> «They got Elle and the LAV. And whoever goes back.»
Oct 27 02:45:04 <Echo> «We're not gonna have any water if we go back like this. Nothing fit to drink right off anyway.»
Oct 27 02:45:27 <Echo> «Kyle and I can gank another truck and head back as soon we're loaded up.»
Oct 27 02:46:03 <Maddy> Atropa just holds on to something as not to fall out of the truck.
Oct 27 02:46:06 <Dexanote> «Go quick.»
Oct 27 02:46:34 <PaulS_laptop> To myrtle "don't be afraid to pulp folks with the tines. Eels is built for hitting shit. You see one of those guys, run them the hell down. See one of their cars, run it the hell down, push it off the road"
Oct 27 02:47:03 <Dexanote> "Got it." She nods, starting up the truck.
Oct 27 02:47:24 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle knocks on the door and steps off to join Scott
Oct 27 02:48:14 <Echo> «We'll be back as soon as we can. Shouldn't be more'n half an hour behind you guys.»
Oct 27 02:49:29 <Echo> > back too AA
Oct 27 02:49:30 <Dexanote> She hits the gas, taking the rest of them back down the road. «Keep an eye out.»