Not Centipedes

Nov 05 19:28:44 <DrCole> Lance follows the group.
Nov 05 19:28:53 <Adhelami> "I hope it is as beautiful as my world once was." She follows down gangway.
Nov 05 19:28:59 <ZoeChantili> Zoe does as well.
Nov 05 19:29:10 * Salmander (~ten.elbacwahs.gc.63A9248-CRInys|rednamlaS#ten.elbacwahs.gc.63A9248-CRInys|rednamlaS) has joined #afteractionmission
Nov 05 19:29:11 <ZoeChantili> "Some parts are very very beautiful. Or were at any rate."
Nov 05 19:29:52 <Artemis> "The world is still beautiful, and will be again some day."
Nov 05 19:30:14 <AliceD> Alice drives. Vrrrrrrr.
Nov 05 19:30:16 <Nioki> Alanoch walks down the gangway, looking around the area for anything that might be trouble.
Nov 05 19:30:35 <Nioki> He especially focuses on the burned buildings.
Nov 05 19:30:59 <Adhelami> "Beauty is in the eye of the one who… ah… beholds it. Right Sehlvi?" She smiles
Nov 05 19:31:00 <Salmander> Rides strides down the gangway behind Alanoch, looking for any clothing stores
Nov 05 19:31:19 <Artemis> Artemis nods, smiling at the girl. Pride.
Nov 05 19:31:25 <Dexanote> No stores, they're big docks. The town's past the docks and some warehouses.
Nov 05 19:31:36 <Dodridge> He drops the bag and fishes some gear out of it, affixing a night vision device over the helmet's visor, and stuffing two fragmentation grenades into his vest pouches, along with a pair of autoinjectors. He carefully assembles the upper and lower sections of a Mk240 MMG, slinging it across the front of his suit.
Nov 05 19:31:52 <Dodridge> <Ready to dance.>
Nov 05 19:32:14 <Adhelami> "I do not think this is a time to dance, Dahn."
Nov 05 19:32:19 <Dodridge> «Bring it up at the end of the dock, Alice. We'll meet you there.»
Nov 05 19:32:22 <Artemis> "He means fight, if we need to. It is a phrase."
Nov 05 19:32:44 <Artemis> "Fighting can look like dancing some times."
Nov 05 19:32:47 * Adhelami blinks. Oh. How confusing.
Nov 05 19:32:50 <Salmander> Redd walks over to the warehouses. Perhaps some poor schmuk has abandoned his gloves
Nov 05 19:32:55 <AliceD> «R-right right.> Vrrrrrrr
Nov 05 19:33:28 <Dexanote> Now, lets set a scene. It's early dusk, as the clouds above threaten rain. You find yourselves among huge shipping containers, the kinds in big cargo ships. Stacked high, none of them are unlocked, most are horribly rusted. A roadway leads to town; no lights are visible, save for those at the top floor of a larger building in the distance. Trees and sand line the town; a coastal port..
Nov 05 19:33:32 <Nioki> "If the situation arises, I have some beams I would like to test. Keep that in mind if there is a building that needs to be destroyed."
Nov 05 19:33:37 * Jillian (~ten.tsewq.hcor.200900AD-CRInys|alliztahc#ten.tsewq.hcor.200900AD-CRInys|alliztahc) has joined #afteractionmission
Nov 05 19:33:50 <Dodridge> <Outstanding, Al.>
Nov 05 19:33:54 <ZoeChantili> "Light there, but that's all I can see."
Nov 05 19:34:07 <Nioki> "I'll need time to prepare, of course."
Nov 05 19:34:28 <DrCole> Lance adjusts the eyepatch covering his scarred over socket.
Nov 05 19:34:32 <Nioki> "We will be able to reach the lit building if we follow the roads along the forest."
Nov 05 19:34:33 <ZoeChantili> "Remember what happened last time we blew up a warehouse?"
Nov 05 19:35:30 <Nioki> "This wouldn't blow it up, unless there was something combustible inside. And I only intend to do it if the building -needs- to be destroyed."
Nov 05 19:35:49 <Dexanote> The streets are lined with a variety of cars, some busted, some burned, some pristine. No sign of people, though.
Nov 05 19:35:49 <ZoeChantili> "Just saynig. Last time it didn't go well."
Nov 05 19:35:50 <Dodridge> Jason heads toward the end of the dock, and bangs on the side of Eve with an Oxide-armored fist.
Nov 05 19:36:04 <Salmander> «Anybody see any glooooooves…?>
Nov 05 19:36:09 <Dodridge> «Nice job, hun. First amphibious landing!»
Nov 05 19:36:13 <DrCole> Lance follows. "So. Are we going to look in these containers? Might be some useful stuff."
Nov 05 19:36:16 <AliceD> Alice drops the ramp. <T-thanks.>
Nov 05 19:36:19 <Jillian> Jillian stands next to Eve, looking around.
Nov 05 19:36:37 <Salmander> "There could be gloves."
Nov 05 19:36:45 * Adhelami follows the others inside..!
Nov 05 19:36:56 <Dodridge> <Check 'em out, Doc. Keep an eye out for reefer-trailers. Alanoch said there were some around. We get in those, and if they still have functional cooling systems, that's a load of food for the ship.>
Nov 05 19:37:19 <Nioki> "Your fears are not logical. The former experience did not include necessity as a prerequisite, and, in addition, was completely unpredictable."
Nov 05 19:37:19 <DrCole> Lance goes to look for these aforementioned reefer trailers.
Nov 05 19:37:33 <ZoeChantili> Zoe heads off to follow Lance.
Nov 05 19:37:39 <Dodridge> <Actually, scratch that. Put it up for vote. Building first, or check the trailers?>
Nov 05 19:37:45 <DrCole> Lance pauses.
Nov 05 19:37:53 <Nioki> Alanoch walks straight towards where he saw the reefers.
Nov 05 19:38:19 <DrCole> "There's going to be something in the building. Maybe even someone."
Nov 05 19:38:20 <ZoeChantili> "Trailers'll be here when we get back, but if we leave at a run, we may not get a chance."
Nov 05 19:38:23 <AliceD> <I s-say check the trailers r-real quick, if w-e find something nasty at the building, and have to make a dash, w-we might not have time to check the reefers.>
Nov 05 19:38:27 <Nioki> "The containers are nearer and in the open. We may as well look at them now."
Nov 05 19:38:30 <Artemis> Artemis and Adhelami will stick with wherever Jason goes.
Nov 05 19:38:39 <Adhelami> So loyal.
Nov 05 19:39:09 <Salmander> Redd stands around and does nothing
Nov 05 19:39:13 <Dodridge> «Hit them trailers up, people. You find shit, let Jill know. She can hoof it all into Eve.»
Nov 05 19:39:16 <Dexanote> back, sorry. one sec. lemme catch up
Nov 05 19:39:45 <Dexanote> Okay.
Nov 05 19:39:49 <ZoeChantili> Zoe starts to check the trailers.
Nov 05 19:39:56 <DrCole> As does lance.
Nov 05 19:39:58 <Jillian> Jillian goes to the trailers. "Let me check the systems before we open them."
Nov 05 19:40:11 <DrCole> He's searching for these 'reefer' trailers.
Nov 05 19:40:45 <Nioki> Alanoch knows where they are, and walks to them.
Nov 05 19:40:48 <Dexanote> Most are locked, or empty. Looks like the useful stuff was ransacked. Zoe finds one full of Furbies.
Nov 05 19:41:10 <DrCole> Lance goes to one of the locked ones.
Nov 05 19:41:15 <ZoeChantili> «Got some Electronic stuffed animals. A treasure trove.»
Nov 05 19:41:24 <DrCole> «Check the condition of this one?»
Nov 05 19:41:29 <DrCole> *one jillian?
Nov 05 19:41:31 * Adhelami follows Artemis around as they look through the trailers.
Nov 05 19:41:39 <ZoeChantili> Zoe heads to a locked one, and tries to pick it.
Nov 05 19:41:41 <ZoeChantili> 4df+4
Nov 05 19:41:42 <Glacon> ZoeChantili: 4 (4df+4=0, 0, +, -)
Nov 05 19:41:48 <Artemis> Artemis goes to a locked trailer and uses his sword to bust the lock open.
Nov 05 19:41:50 <Dodridge> «Look for a locked white one with a white pod.»
Nov 05 19:41:59 <Dodridge> 1d2
Nov 05 19:41:59 <Glacon> Dodridge: 1 (1d2=1)
Nov 05 19:42:04 <Jillian> 4df+4 checking the basic system functions. Jillian walks up to the locked trailer.
Nov 05 19:42:05 <Artemis> Preferably a locked one with a white pod.
Nov 05 19:42:05 <Glacon> Jillian: checking the basic system functions. Jillian walks up to the locked trailer.: 3 (4df+4=+, -, 0, -)
Nov 05 19:42:09 <Nioki> Alanoch is already at those, walking around them.
Nov 05 19:43:13 <Adhelami> "Do you think we will find anything..?"
Nov 05 19:43:27 <Artemis> "Food, hopefully."
Nov 05 19:43:53 <Dexanote> http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUsaXTYfmthArFR2X2141kZOeDkT8WmWjs4FddlKfi7TCF8ffNfB8AUqEV These things. They're mostly empty, or full of busted crap.
Nov 05 19:44:12 <ZoeChantili> Zoe tries to open the lock, any luck?
Nov 05 19:44:31 <DrCole> Lance looks around a few trailers, before dinking over to the other again.
Nov 05 19:44:34 <Artemis> Redact, Artemis is waiting for the others.
Nov 05 19:44:37 <Dexanote> Roll for it.
Nov 05 19:45:35 <Jillian> He did, he got a 4
Nov 05 19:46:06 <Dexanote> Oh. It opens and is empty. Why would someone lock up an empty box i don't know./
Nov 05 19:46:33 <AliceD> Alice derps around in Eve
Nov 05 19:46:36 <Jillian> any of the reefer trucks operational still?
Nov 05 19:46:51 <Nioki> "Given the burned buildings, multiple cars with open doors, and apparent human presence in at least one building, this area has likely been picked over."
Nov 05 19:46:51 <DrCole> Lance decides to bust into another locked container.
Nov 05 19:46:52 <Dexanote> No.
Nov 05 19:47:11 <DrCole> No?
Nov 05 19:47:17 <Dexanote> Lance's container contains denim shirts. No to Jillian.
Nov 05 19:47:26 <Dexanote> Denim button up shirts.
Nov 05 19:47:27 <ZoeChantili> "no luck here."
Nov 05 19:47:30 <Jillian> «All reefer trucks are down» Jillian sighs and heads to the next conex.
Nov 05 19:47:33 <DrCole> "Hey, that's not…useless…."
Nov 05 19:47:44 <DrCole> «Anyone here like denim shirts?»
Nov 05 19:48:04 <Salmander> «Me.»
Nov 05 19:48:10 <Nioki> «Should we scout the buildings?»
Nov 05 19:48:18 <Dexanote> Further in are jeans too. All sizes and genders.
Nov 05 19:48:32 <Jillian> «John» Jillian grabs some of the Ferbees.
Nov 05 19:48:36 <DrCole> «Got a whole bunch of them over here. Jeans too. For men and women.»
Nov 05 19:48:44 <Dodridge> «Well, Jillian? Check the tanks and start the pumps running for the Hawkesbury. We'll set off as soon as we get the fuel lines running.»
Nov 05 19:49:07 * Adhelami stands cluelessly. She doesn't know what these things are!
Nov 05 19:49:08 <Artemis> "Sehlvi, would you like a patch of material from the clothes?"
Nov 05 19:49:46 <Adhelami> "It is clothing..? Ah, ok. Yes!"
Nov 05 19:49:48 <AliceD> Derpderpderp. Alice whistles a little
Nov 05 19:49:56 <Jillian> «Rog» Jillian drops the toys in Eve and heads back.
Nov 05 19:50:07 <Dodridge> «No whistling.»
Nov 05 19:50:20 <AliceD> «Why?»
Nov 05 19:50:20 <Salmander> Redd stretches and begins throwing cards into his hat.
Nov 05 19:50:29 <Artemis> Artemis mutilates a denim shirt, taking a square of cloth from it and giving it to Adhelami.
Nov 05 19:50:44 * Adhelami plays with it a little. Such a strong fabric! :o And a fine blue, too.
Nov 05 19:51:01 <Dodridge> «*raspberry sound*»
Nov 05 19:51:02 <Adhelami> "I will make a skirt of it." She smiles.
Nov 05 19:51:08 <Artemis> "Most common pants are made from this material."
Nov 05 19:51:14 <AliceD> « >:o!! »
Nov 05 19:51:27 <Artemis> "Blue jeans, they are called."
Nov 05 19:51:33 <DrCole> Lance looks over at art and adhel. "There's plenty of it here if you want more Adhelami."
Nov 05 19:51:42 * Artemis has never worn blue jeans.
Nov 05 19:51:55 <Dodridge> «Everyone, if your name's not Jillian, locate your body on or in the Eve.»
Nov 05 19:52:07 <Adhelami> "Blue jeans. Hm. Ah, I only need a little. Unless there are different colors…?"
Nov 05 19:52:13 <Dexanote> I suppose they move a great deal of denim clothes over to the ship, in the interim.
Nov 05 19:52:20 <ZoeChantili> Zoe heds on over to EVE
Nov 05 19:52:22 <DrCole> Lance checks. They are all blue jeans?
Nov 05 19:52:26 <Dodridge> «Alanoch, you want to sit on top like a laser cannon?»
Nov 05 19:52:27 <Nioki> Alanoch heads to Eve and checks if the spotter seat is open.
Nov 05 19:52:42 <Salmander> Redd hangs himself up in Eve.
Nov 05 19:52:45 <Nioki> «That would be best.»
Nov 05 19:53:00 <Dodridge> «You got elf-eyes anyway.»
Nov 05 19:53:02 <Artemis> Artemis boards EVE with Adhelami.
Nov 05 19:53:07 <Jillian> 4df+7 Burning a point with Sampson. Jillian goes about her work of transferring the fuel to the Hawkesbury quickly and safely.
Nov 05 19:53:08 <Glacon> Jillian: Burning a point with Sampson. Jillian goes about her work of transferring the fuel to the Hawkesbury quickly and safely.: 7 (4df+7=-, -, +, +)
Nov 05 19:53:11 <Nioki> «I need direct visual contact to manage anything precise.»
Nov 05 19:53:21 <Nioki> He gets on.
Nov 05 19:53:22 <DrCole> Lance shrugs, and boards EVE.
Nov 05 19:53:30 <Dexanote> Welp. That's it. Jill does her thing.
Nov 05 19:54:22 <Dexanote> 1d6
Nov 05 19:54:22 <Glacon> Dexanote: 2 (1d6=2)
Nov 05 19:54:30 <Jillian> «Transferring» Jillian pops her neck.
Nov 05 19:54:37 <AliceD> Alice is drumming on the wheel on Eve and humming.
Nov 05 19:54:54 <AliceD> Jason probably recognizes the song.
Nov 05 19:54:54 <Dexanote> Anyway, they all board Eve comfortably, after Jill transfers the fuel and the rest of them move the denim. I'm not sure if we wanna bother RPing movement like that.
Nov 05 19:55:58 <Dexanote> And they're off!
Nov 05 19:56:26 <Artemis> Artemis settles his mask onto his face and draws his hood up.
Nov 05 19:56:40 * Adhelami looks over, and then knocks on his mask.
Nov 05 19:56:53 <Jillian> Jillian keeps pace with Eve, her gun out.
Nov 05 19:57:04 <Artemis> NOK NOK. It's very solid.
Nov 05 19:57:07 <Salmander> Redd is well hung.
Nov 05 19:57:18 <AliceD> Vrrrrrr
Nov 05 19:57:42 <Adhelami> "Sehlvi, you look very fearsome."
Nov 05 19:57:47 <Dexanote> They make their way down the docks, towards the -stop that sal- town. No real signs of human life, but not too much evidence for looters.
Nov 05 19:57:56 <Nioki> Alanoch looks around. He likes the spotter seat.
Nov 05 19:58:26 <DrCole> Lance hums quietly to himself. A vaguely haunting melody.
Nov 05 19:59:16 <Artemis> "That is the idea, I think," Art says through a muffled chuckle.
Nov 05 20:00:15 <Dexanote> There's a grocery store right down the street; a mile or so down, you can see the top floor of a hotel lit up.
Nov 05 20:00:35 <AliceD> alice keeps a drivin
Nov 05 20:01:02 <Dodridge> Jason climbs up into the gunner seat.
Nov 05 20:01:45 <Jillian> Jillian keeps walking, looking around.
Nov 05 20:02:09 <Dexanote> They come to the grocer's; no lights inside.
Nov 05 20:02:28 <AliceD> «A-anyone w-wanna check it out? L-look dark.»
Nov 05 20:02:29 <Jillian> «Want to check for non-perishables?»
Nov 05 20:02:59 <Artemis> «I will look.»
Nov 05 20:03:00 <DrCole> «I'll go with whoever wants.»
Nov 05 20:03:10 <Dexanote> There's a crate of rotted [fruit] in front. I leave it as a madlibs fruit because god it doesn't look edible any more.
Nov 05 20:03:13 <DrCole> Lance nods at art.
Nov 05 20:03:32 <Jillian> «I'll go, if they got pallets, I can bring them»
Nov 05 20:03:33 <Nioki> Lance is an Art appreciator.
Nov 05 20:03:45 <DrCole> Yes he is.
Nov 05 20:03:50 <Nioki> «I can stay here as a lookout.»
Nov 05 20:03:51 <ZoeChantili> «I'll go.»
Nov 05 20:03:52 <AliceD> «I'll k-keep the car w-warm. D-don't take too l-long, kids.»
Nov 05 20:04:06 <Artemis> "Stay here, Sehlvi." Artemis gets out of the LAV.
Nov 05 20:04:15 <Jillian> «Rog mom» Jillian steps toward the store.
Nov 05 20:04:25 <ZoeChantili> Zoe follows Art and Lance. "Heh, I've had bad experiences with grocery stores."
Nov 05 20:04:26 * Adhelami blinks and nods, staying sitting. :>
Nov 05 20:04:32 <DrCole> Lancedgoes after jill.
Nov 05 20:04:37 <Artemis> Artemis goes into the store and stops inside, listening.
Nov 05 20:04:40 <DrCole> *lance goes
Nov 05 20:04:49 <Dodridge> Jason hops out. <Alanoch, be ready to take that gun.>
Nov 05 20:05:11 <Dodridge> He follows in behind them, flicking on his helmet light, and the light mounted on the Mk240.
Nov 05 20:05:36 <Dexanote> Inside, it smells of rotted meat and fruit and vegetables. The setting sun lances through the windows, perfectly lighting up a shelf of untouched cans of pasta. That's all you can find in here, because everything is rotty.
Nov 05 20:05:48 <ZoeChantili> "Bleech."
Nov 05 20:05:54 <Jillian> What about cigarettes?
Nov 05 20:05:56 <DrCole> "…that's awfully convenient."
Nov 05 20:06:00 <ZoeChantili> «Everything smells rotted to hell.»
Nov 05 20:06:08 <Artemis> Artemis retrieves a cart for ease of transportation.
Nov 05 20:06:26 <AliceD> «W-well it was w-worth check ing out.»
Nov 05 20:06:39 <ZoeChantili> «Got some pasta i think though.»
Nov 05 20:06:41 <Dexanote> Eh, a carton of light cigarrettes.
Nov 05 20:06:50 <Dodridge> «Grab that shit.»
Nov 05 20:06:56 <DrCole> Lance looks around the pasta area, before proceeding, and starting to take cans, after checking their dates.
Nov 05 20:06:58 <Artemis> Artemis loads up the cart.
Nov 05 20:07:04 <Dodridge> «*Anything* we can use.»
Nov 05 20:07:08 <DrCole> He tosses them in the cart.
Nov 05 20:07:25 <Jillian> Jillian walks to the back storage area and looks for pallets of cereal, dried oatmeal, or something.
Nov 05 20:07:32 <ZoeChantili> Zoe goes and looks for a newspaper, just for the hell of it.
Nov 05 20:07:42 <Dexanote> Mould and damp, Jill. Mouldy damp.
Nov 05 20:08:08 <ZoeChantili> She looks to see if there's any info on the town or anything that happened.
Nov 05 20:08:31 <Jillian> «Welp, everything is back is useless» Jillian grabs the cigarettes and sighs.
Nov 05 20:09:12 <Artemis> Artemis wheels the cart of cheap pasta cans out to the vehicle.
Nov 05 20:09:23 <Dexanote> The newspaper is molded away, Zoe.
Nov 05 20:09:33 <Artemis> He looks all about the parking lots/street.
Nov 05 20:09:34 <Dexanote> It's tropical dampness and newsprint.
Nov 05 20:09:35 <ZoeChantili> Zoe takes one last look, perhaps some candy, before heading back out.
Nov 05 20:09:50 <Dodridge> «Well, fuck.»
Nov 05 20:09:53 <Adhelami> All candy belongs to Adhelami this is final.
Nov 05 20:09:56 <Dodridge> «At least we have fuel.»
Nov 05 20:09:57 <DrCole> Lance heads out as well.
Nov 05 20:10:18 <AliceD> «S-silver lining.»
Nov 05 20:10:19 <Jillian> Jillian nods and walks out, handing the cigarettes to Jason.
Nov 05 20:10:30 <Dodridge> «I'm not worried about food anyway. The thing's built to support 50-some people. We have half that.»
Nov 05 20:10:33 <Dexanote> Art, no sign- wait. Everything's dark, except a building down the street, further inland. The whole top floor is lit.
Nov 05 20:10:40 <Dexanote> A hotel? looks like…
Nov 05 20:10:41 <ZoeChantili> «Nothin, no candy or anything either. Horrible what damp does to a place,»
Nov 05 20:10:48 <ZoeChantili> Zoe heads on out to EVE
Nov 05 20:11:22 <Dodridge> Jason returns, tromping up the back of Eve.
Nov 05 20:11:35 <Artemis> "Jason," Artemis says, pointing to the hotel.
Nov 05 20:11:35 <DrCole> Lance assists in the packing of the pasta cans.
Nov 05 20:11:40 * Adhelami is playing with the denim.
Nov 05 20:11:42 <ZoeChantili> "Sorry Ami, no candy."
Nov 05 20:12:05 <Dexanote> In the setting sun, shadows grow long, leaving a kind of pristine ambiance- a port town after the end of the world. Almost relaxing.
Nov 05 20:12:16 * Adhelami huffs. :<
Nov 05 20:12:38 <Dodridge> <I see. Alanoch noticed it a few miles out. That's our next target.>
Nov 05 20:12:44 <AliceD> Alice sings a song to herself while she waits.
Nov 05 20:12:45 <DrCole> Lance continues to hum that unsettling tune.
Nov 05 20:12:58 <DrCole> He hops into the EVe once the pasta is stowed.
Nov 05 20:13:06 <ZoeChantili> "Heh, we'll get you some good Belgian chocolate at some point. Maybe ask Alex."
Nov 05 20:14:02 <Adhelami> "Belgian? Sehlvi Artemis says French chocolate is the best." She smiles.
Nov 05 20:14:06 <Dodridge> «Pack it in, people. We got a hotel up ahead we're gonna check out.»
Nov 05 20:14:07 <Artemis> "Survivors, you sink?"
Nov 05 20:14:12 <ZoeChantili> "That's a matter of debate."
Nov 05 20:14:24 <Dexanote> Once they board Eve, they take off. Here and there might be obvious signs of damage, such as a truck smashed through a wall or a downed tree. Nothing severe though. not out in the open.
Nov 05 20:14:47 <ZoeChantili> "WOnder what happeed to all the people…"
Nov 05 20:15:26 <Jillian> Jillian continues to look around.
Nov 05 20:15:37 <Dexanote> Eventually, they get to the hotel. It's boarded up, from the inside and outside. Obvious sign that it's inhabited.
Nov 05 20:15:42 * Doctor_Light (ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.5300FD19-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.5300FD19-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
Nov 05 20:16:00 <Nioki> «Was there evidence to suggest that people had been taking food from the store?»
Nov 05 20:16:12 <Dodridge> «Alice, back the Eve up a bit? Alanoch, stop her when you can point the gun at each floor.»
Nov 05 20:16:29 <Zhao> Zhao is inside, drinking his tea, when suddenly a faint rumbling echoes through the building
Nov 05 20:16:31 <Zhao> "hmm?"
Nov 05 20:16:38 <Artemis> 4df+3 Survival to determine the motive of the people inside. Were they trying to protect themselves from the outside?
Nov 05 20:16:38 <Glacon> Artemis: Survival to determine the motive of the people inside. Were they trying to protect themselves from the outside?: 3 (4df+3=+, -, +, -)
Nov 05 20:16:40 <AliceD> «G-got i.» She starts to back up.
Nov 05 20:16:49 <Zhao> Zhao moves to the window
Nov 05 20:16:59 <Zhao> "…A tank!"
Nov 05 20:17:05 <Zhao> Zhao punches out the window
Nov 05 20:17:09 <Nioki> 4df+6 Spotter perception -> man at window.
Nov 05 20:17:10 <Glacon> Nioki: Spotter perception -> man at window.: 5 (4df+6=0, -, 0, 0)
Nov 05 20:17:17 <Zhao> He screams "YOU FOOLS
Nov 05 20:17:19 <Zhao> "
Nov 05 20:17:22 <Artemis> «They did not leave… they wanted to pretect themselves from something."
Nov 05 20:17:23 <Dodridge> «CONTACT!!»>
Nov 05 20:17:25 <Zhao> "GET INSIDE"
Nov 05 20:17:35 <Nioki> …Unless he just punched it out and screamed in which case he is probably easy to see.
Nov 05 20:17:39 <Zhao> Zhao hurries out the room
Nov 05 20:17:43 <AliceD> «W-why, is there a lion?»
Nov 05 20:17:56 <Zhao> Zhao begins to descend the stairs
Nov 05 20:18:15 <Artemis> «I fear we must listen to him. We may be in danger.»
Nov 05 20:18:20 <Nioki> 4df+6 Perception. Rather, look around EVE for any signs of something that will kill them.
Nov 05 20:18:20 <Dodridge> Jason scurries out the back, running around to the front.
Nov 05 20:18:20 <Glacon> Nioki: Perception. Rather, look around EVE for any signs of something that will kill them.: 4 (4df+6=0, 0, -, -)
Nov 05 20:18:24 <Dexanote> The shadows grow long…
Nov 05 20:18:42 <Artemis> Artemis follows Jason, looking all around .
Nov 05 20:18:44 <Zhao> Zhao hurries…fifth floor…fourth
Nov 05 20:18:49 <AliceD> «Jason? S-should I get out?»
Nov 05 20:19:00 * Adhelami frowns, "He sounds so troubled… Is something happening..?"
Nov 05 20:19:25 <Dodridge> «Kick on the lights. Illuminate the front door. I want it blarin' in this guy's face when he comes out.»
Nov 05 20:19:27 <ZoeChantili> "Don't know, just relax…do what they say."
Nov 05 20:19:28 <Nioki> «There's something in the woods.»
Nov 05 20:19:40 <Dodridge> «What? What's in the woods?»
Nov 05 20:19:41 <Zhao> Zhao Reaches the lobby and begins frantically trying to unbarricade the door
Nov 05 20:19:52 <AliceD> «Shit, right.» Lights!
Nov 05 20:20:09 <Zhao> Zhao screams, " Idiots, don't just stand there!"
Nov 05 20:20:18 <Nioki> «I heard rustling. There's no wind.»
Nov 05 20:20:30 <Artemis> Artemis starts to help the old man unbarracade the door.
Nov 05 20:20:33 <AliceD> «Maybe w-we ought to get inside then?»
Nov 05 20:20:37 <Zhao> Zhao continues to unbarricade his side
Nov 05 20:20:42 * Adhelami nods to Zoe with a frown.
Nov 05 20:21:05 <Dodridge> «Alice, reverse Eve, back it around to the face the hotel's entryway.»
Nov 05 20:21:11 <Nioki> «Go inside, and we will be trapped and unable to use our larger guns.»
Nov 05 20:21:15 <Dexanote> The barricade's almost down. You can see the old Asian man struggling with breaking down the barricade.
Nov 05 20:21:44 <Dodridge> <You! What's the planks up for?>
Nov 05 20:21:44 <Artemis> "What is it," Art asks the man, "What is coming?"
Nov 05 20:21:59 <Zhao> "Idiots, all of you! Coming here during the night!"
Nov 05 20:22:09 <Dodridge> The old man is being spoken to by a rather big guy covered head to toe in camouflage and tactical gear.
Nov 05 20:22:18 <Zhao> "Did you not see the insects during the…
Nov 05 20:22:31 <Jillian> Jillian walks up to the door. "Move back!"
Nov 05 20:22:33 <Zhao> Zhao stares at the man
Nov 05 20:22:50 <Zhao> "oh my."
Nov 05 20:23:05 <Zhao> "Regardless, get inside! Hurry!"
Nov 05 20:23:06 <Dodridge> Under all the gear, he sort of resembles a robot.
Nov 05 20:23:09 <Zhao> Zhao removes the last plank
Nov 05 20:23:12 <AliceD> Alice backs Eve up. «Am I d-dismounting?»
Nov 05 20:23:19 <Adhelami> Adhelami's eyes suddenly widen.. "T-There is a sound..!!" she cries.
Nov 05 20:23:31 <Zhao> "I don't know who or what you are, but the rest of you all seem human. Get in!"
Nov 05 20:23:34 <Artemis> "Everyone inside. Sehlvi! quick!"
Nov 05 20:23:37 <Dodridge> «Uh, keep the engine running. Stay close, hun. There's somethin' up.»
Nov 05 20:23:39 <ZoeChantili> "What? What do you hear?"
Nov 05 20:23:56 <ZoeChantili> Zoe follows Ami.
Nov 05 20:24:00 <AliceD> «Right.» Alice stays in the car.
Nov 05 20:24:04 <Zhao> "The insects. Did you not see them?"
Nov 05 20:24:06 * Adhelami grab's Zoe's wrist and goes to pull her with her, "Dhen, it is the sound of a monster." She huffs.
Nov 05 20:24:14 <Dexanote> The sun has set.
Nov 05 20:24:14 <Dodridge> Jason steps inside the hotel. Why do we need to be in. What insects? Flies?"
Nov 05 20:24:18 <DrCole> Lance's humming drops somewhat in pitch, and he focuses, listening, since he cant yet see outside, being in EVE and all.
Nov 05 20:24:20 <Dodridge> <Giantic flies?>
Nov 05 20:24:25 <Zhao> "Flies? No.
Nov 05 20:24:26 <ZoeChantili> Zoe follows Ami. «Jason, AMi hears something.»
Nov 05 20:24:39 <Zhao> "At first they seem like…centipedes, during the day."
Nov 05 20:24:43 <ZoeChantili> «Says it's the sound of a monster.»
Nov 05 20:24:45 <Zhao> "But then…they change."
Nov 05 20:24:52 <Dodridge> «… *FUCK*.»
Nov 05 20:24:54 <DrCole> He follows Zoe and ami when they disembark.
Nov 05 20:25:06 <Adhelami> She manages to get inside with Zoe, "I heard somesing…" She huffs, as she arrives inside…
Nov 05 20:25:07 <AliceD> «Something's underr t-the tank!»
Nov 05 20:25:16 <Zhao> "Your tank will not be enough."
Nov 05 20:25:24 <Dodridge> «GET IN THE HOTEL, ALICE.»
Nov 05 20:25:27 <Dexanote> Everybody, Perception, then incoming PMs.
Nov 05 20:25:27 <Zhao> "They…are quite large."
Nov 05 20:25:28 <Dodridge> «OUT THE BACK, NOW.»
Nov 05 20:25:36 <DrCole> 4df Uh oh
Nov 05 20:25:36 <Glacon> DrCole: Uh oh: 1 (4df=-, 0, +, +)
Nov 05 20:25:38 <AliceD> Alice shuts the tank down and books it inside
Nov 05 20:25:40 <ZoeChantili> Zoe pulls out one of her eel knives and hands it to Ami. "Here…be careful with it."
Nov 05 20:25:42 <Nioki> 4df+6 Still in spotter seat. Not for long.
Nov 05 20:25:42 <Dodridge> 4df+4
Nov 05 20:25:42 <Glacon> Dodridge: 5 (4df+4=0, -, +, +)
Nov 05 20:25:43 <Glacon> Nioki: Still in spotter seat. Not for long.: 7 (4df+6=0, 0, +, 0)
Nov 05 20:25:43 <AliceD> 4df+3 EYES
Nov 05 20:25:44 <Glacon> AliceD: EYES: 1 (4df+3=-, -, +, -)
Nov 05 20:25:46 <ZoeChantili> 4df+2
Nov 05 20:25:47 <Glacon> ZoeChantili: 1 (4df+2=-, 0, +, -)
Nov 05 20:25:51 <Zhao> 4df "Oh, I am getting to old for this"
Nov 05 20:25:51 <Adhelami> 4df-1
Nov 05 20:25:51 <Glacon> Zhao: "Oh, I am getting to old for this": 1 (4df=0, -, +, +)
Nov 05 20:25:52 <Glacon> Adhelami: : -2 (4df-1=-, 0, +, -)
Nov 05 20:25:58 <Artemis> 4df+3
Nov 05 20:25:58 <Glacon> Artemis: : 4 (4df+3=+, 0, 0, 0)
Nov 05 20:26:09 <Artemis> Artemis gathers Adhelami near him.
Nov 05 20:26:15 * Dexanote has quit (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.87 [Firefox 7.0.1/20110928134238])
Nov 05 20:26:31 <Jillian> 4df should have put points in the
Nov 05 20:26:32 <Glacon> Jillian: should have put points in the: 2 (4df=0, 0, +, +)
Nov 05 20:26:40 * Dexanote (~ten.elbacogc.emoh.AB16CE54-CRInys|alliztahc#ten.elbacogc.emoh.AB16CE54-CRInys|alliztahc) has joined #afteractionmission
Nov 05 20:27:19 <Jillian> Jillian 4df should have put points in the
Nov 05 20:27:20 <Jillian> Glacon Jillian: should have put points in the: 2 (4df=0, 0, +, +)
Nov 05 20:27:47 <Dodridge> http://mibpaste.com/DMQegc
Nov 05 20:28:02 <Dexanote> i got it
Nov 05 20:28:20 <Artemis> "Everyone inside!"
Nov 05 20:28:39 <Zhao> Zhao unholesters a pistol from his sleeves
Nov 05 20:28:43 <DrCole> Lance gets inside, glancing back as he does.
Nov 05 20:29:00 <Dodridge> Jason is most definitely inside, helmet lights on, weapon charged.
Nov 05 20:29:05 <Zhao> "If any of you have a flashlight, get it out."
Nov 05 20:29:09 <Zhao> "NOW!"
Nov 05 20:29:21 <AliceD> Alice grits her teeth, fucking centipedes. <I got something b-better.» She has THE FLASH.
Nov 05 20:29:21 <Artemis> Artemis starts barricading the door again again once everyone is in.
Nov 05 20:29:22 <ZoeChantili> "Alanoch? You wnat to light up the world?"
Nov 05 20:29:23 <Jillian> Jillian gets inside and stands to the side.
Nov 05 20:29:28 <Zhao> "They…do not like the light."
Nov 05 20:29:41 <AliceD> <Oh, I know.>
Nov 05 20:29:43 <Dodridge> Jason's got a total of three lights coming off his helmet and the machine gun.
Nov 05 20:29:56 <Dodridge> <Don't worry, sir. We've dealt with these before.>
Nov 05 20:29:59 <DrCole> Lance helps in the barricading.
Nov 05 20:30:04 <Zhao> "What?"
Nov 05 20:30:11 <Zhao> "There are more?"
Nov 05 20:30:13 <Nioki> "Oh. That makes things easy," says Alanoch as he jumps from the spotter's seat and rushes for the door.
Nov 05 20:30:19 <Zhao> "Where…are you from?"
Nov 05 20:30:40 <Zhao> "I've never seen … that is power armor, is it not?"
Nov 05 20:30:41 <ZoeChantili> "England."
Nov 05 20:30:44 <Dodridge> <Jill, help him get that barricade set up.>
Nov 05 20:30:50 <AliceD> <All over.> Alice looks pretty much like a much smaller, female version of Jasson.
Nov 05 20:30:58 <Nioki> 4df+4 Perception maneuver -> Luxomancy. He gathers and concentrates light, pulling it in from wherever he can find it.
Nov 05 20:30:59 <Glacon> Nioki: Perception maneuver -> Luxomancy. He gathers and concentrates light, pulling it in from wherever he can find it.: 6 (4df+4=+, -, +, +)
Nov 05 20:31:05 <AliceD> !!
Nov 05 20:31:08 <Jillian> Jillian nods and begins to help barricade.
Nov 05 20:31:12 <Dodridge> <Tell ya all about it later, old man.>
Nov 05 20:31:14 <Dexanote> The skittering something flows from under Eve, pushing it aside as it climbs over and away into teh dark.
Nov 05 20:31:28 <Dodridge> <Everybody, guns and lights toward the entrance.>
Nov 05 20:31:36 <Nioki> "Does light actually harm them?"
Nov 05 20:31:43 <Dodridge> He shuffles around, checking out the architecture of the ground floor.
Nov 05 20:31:58 <Zhao> "All I know is that during the day, or in bright light, they revert back to their original forms."
Nov 05 20:32:01 <Dodridge> <They fucking hate it, kid. Turns 'em back to normal. Makes em more vulnerable.>
Nov 05 20:32:13 <Dodridge> <That and fire. They fuckin' hate fire.>
Nov 05 20:32:18 <Zhao> "Fire?"
Nov 05 20:32:26 <Zhao> "That is…good to know."
Nov 05 20:32:39 <Nioki> "Let's bring them in close, then. I've been storing light all day."
Nov 05 20:32:53 <ZoeChantili> "Too bad Dusty's not here. He's good at fire."
Nov 05 20:33:01 <Dodridge> <How many of these things are runnin' around??
Nov 05 20:33:11 <Nioki> "Dusty would burn down our barricades."
Nov 05 20:33:21 <Adhelami> "Dahn dusty might have burned himself."
Nov 05 20:33:49 <Zhao> "Now that you are here though…perhaps I won't perish. At least not alone."
Nov 05 20:33:51 <Dexanote> There's a shrieking in the distance.
Nov 05 20:34:12 <ZoeChantili> "Naw, we'll get out of this. Alonch'll light em up."
Nov 05 20:34:16 <AliceD> <Here they come.>
Nov 05 20:34:19 * Adhelami gasps suddenly.
Nov 05 20:34:27 <Dodridge> <Ain't nobody fuckin' dyin'. We got light upstairs?>
Nov 05 20:34:46 <Adhelami> "No, nobody can die." Adhelami huffs insistently.
Nov 05 20:34:46 <Zhao> "There is another here though…I don't know where she scuttled off to."
Nov 05 20:35:01 <Zhao> "A young woman…"
Nov 05 20:35:06 <ZoeChantili> "Eh?"
Nov 05 20:35:27 <Nioki> "I can keep it going for a while, but I won't be able to do much else during that time. Tell me once enough of them are here."
Nov 05 20:35:34 <Dodridge> Jason starts for the stairs. <Alice, keep it tight.>
Nov 05 20:35:49 <AliceD> <H-hear that, guys? C-check your targets. -we got another here.> Alice follows Jason.
Nov 05 20:35:56 <DrCole> Lance quietly prepares himself for combat. Limbering up and such.
Nov 05 20:36:13 <DrCole> 4df+3 Ath maneuver, next defense roll.
Nov 05 20:36:14 <Glacon> DrCole: Ath maneuver, next defense roll.: 2 (4df+3=0, +, -, -)
Nov 05 20:36:16 <Dodridge> He keepsthe weapon up, pieing off the stairs as he climbs.
Nov 05 20:36:18 <Zhao> "I'm afraid I won't be much help to you…All I have is this pistol, and it takes quite a bit to even phase those things."
Nov 05 20:36:24 <ZoeChantili> ZOe draws her sword, ready.
Nov 05 20:36:24 <DrCole> He's too distracted, and it's dark.
Nov 05 20:37:06 <Dexanote> They reach upstairs; it's lit up like freaking Christmas.
Nov 05 20:37:09 <Nioki> Dark threads coat Alanoch, swirling outwards.
Nov 05 20:37:20 <Dodridge> Decribe the upper floor?
Nov 05 20:37:27 <Artemis> Artemis tugs Adhelami along by the hand.
Nov 05 20:37:36 <Nioki> «Dodridge, tell me when you're ready.»
Nov 05 20:37:44 <Dexanote> Zhao, describe the upper floow.
Nov 05 20:37:45 <Zhao> "All of the rooms are unlocked, save for one"
Nov 05 20:37:47 * Adhelami follows, frowning, "There are monsters…"
Nov 05 20:38:02 <Zhao> "I believe it is where the young woman that stayed behind goes"
Nov 05 20:38:09 <Zhao> "She is…elusive."
Nov 05 20:38:19 <Adhelami> "Monsters were not real in my world."
Nov 05 20:38:20 <DrCole> Lance sticks near alanoch, peering outside every so often, assuming there are windows.
Nov 05 20:38:21 <Jillian> Jillian keeps an eye on Alanoch, she's seen the boy almost kill himself before.
Nov 05 20:38:22 * Daedalize is now known as Serafina
Nov 05 20:38:35 <Dodridge> «Copy. Just get up top, Alanoch. Place is lit up like the 4th up here.»
Nov 05 20:39:05 <Zhao> "As long as the generator downstairs is running, we will be fine up here."
Nov 05 20:39:10 <Nioki> He's better practiced and prepared, now. Just giving some light probably shouldn't kill him.
Nov 05 20:39:18 <Nioki> He walks up.
Nov 05 20:39:28 * Salmander|p (~ten.elbacwahs.gc.63A9248-CRInys|rednamlaS#ten.elbacwahs.gc.63A9248-CRInys|rednamlaS) has joined #afteractionmission
Nov 05 20:39:36 <Zhao> "…What is your name, anyhow. That's a very interesting piece of technology you have…"
Nov 05 20:39:52 <Zhao> "And you with the…threads around your head."
Nov 05 20:40:11 <Dexanote> Through the windows, you can see rapid moving shapes flit through the dark. Every so often a pincer or tentacle or mouth will snap by.
Nov 05 20:40:16 <Dodridge> <Alice, post up on the stairway. Anything comes up, you set the FLASH off. We'll burn this motherfucker down if we have to. I can take us down the side. Repel off. Get to the Eve, and drive away.>
Nov 05 20:40:37 <AliceD> <Roger.> Alice sets herelf up.
Nov 05 20:40:43 * Adhelami is looking out the window on the upper floor, which has been punched out…
Nov 05 20:40:47 <Dodridge> <My name is Corporal Jason Dodridge. United States Marine Corps turned MIB. We killed this shit for a living.>
Nov 05 20:40:53 <DrCole> «They're gathering outside.»
Nov 05 20:40:58 * Salmander has quit (Ping timeout)
Nov 05 20:41:00 * Salmander|p is now known as Salmander
Nov 05 20:41:07 <Jillian> Jillian stands, looking around.
Nov 05 20:41:27 <Zhao> "You can't possibly expect me to believe that whatever organization the americans have actually calls itself by that name…"
Nov 05 20:41:28 <Dodridge> «Let 'em fuckin' gather. Old dude says they stay out at night. He's got the right idea.»
Nov 05 20:41:31 <Artemis> "Stay away from the window, Sehlvi," Artemis says to Adhelami. He peers out the window himself.
Nov 05 20:41:53 <Adhelami> "It is too fearsome a thing to see…" She quickly goes away from it.
Nov 05 20:42:09 <Jillian> "No, it's called the Foundation" Jillian rubs her eyes.
Nov 05 20:42:16 <Zhao> "The what?"
Nov 05 20:42:18 <Dexanote> Artemis, PDef
Nov 05 20:42:20 <Dodridge> Jason moves to the overhang at the other end of the stairs, leaning against the railing, aimed straight down, ready to spray anything that Alice fires at.
Nov 05 20:42:22 <Nioki> "I could also saturate the area with high intensity electromagnetic radiation. That would be risky, but if already normalized by light, could kill many of them."
Nov 05 20:42:38 <Jillian> "Foundation. The Foundation"
Nov 05 20:42:59 <Artemis> 4df+4
Nov 05 20:42:59 <AliceD> <W-well The Foundation h-hardly exists anymore, a-and only a handful of us w-worked for them.>
Nov 05 20:43:00 <Glacon> Artemis: : 6 (4df+4=+, 0, 0, +)
Nov 05 20:43:19 <ZoeChantili> Zoe gives the locked door a knock. "Oi, anyone in there?"
Nov 05 20:43:21 <Dexanote> 4df+6 "SKREEE-AAAAAgh"
Nov 05 20:43:21 <Glacon> Dexanote: "SKREEE-AAAAAgh": 4 (4df+6=-, 0, -, 0)
Nov 05 20:43:34 <Dexanote> A tentacle slams against the window
Nov 05 20:43:48 <Zhao> Zhao instantly assumes a stance
Nov 05 20:43:51 <Dodridge> <What the *FUCK* was that! Sound off!>
Nov 05 20:43:52 <Artemis> Artemis jerks away and levels his shotgun at the thing.
Nov 05 20:43:59 * Adhelami screams out and quickly backs away, landing on her butt… "A-AH!! Sehlvi..!!"
Nov 05 20:44:05 <Artemis> is it trying to get in?
Nov 05 20:44:08 <Dexanote> Yes.
Nov 05 20:44:11 <Jillian> Jillian keeps aimed at the door. "He was aking the name"
Nov 05 20:44:12 <Dodridge> O_O
Nov 05 20:44:18 <Dexanote> It peels away from the light.
Nov 05 20:44:20 <DrCole> «They know we're here.»
Nov 05 20:44:29 <Artemis> Bonus for SHOTGUN at close range?
Nov 05 20:44:36 <Zhao> "They…did things to the people here. Bad things."
Nov 05 20:44:40 <Dexanote> No.
Nov 05 20:44:48 <Artemis> 4df+2 BLUBLAM
Nov 05 20:44:49 <Glacon> Artemis: BLUBLAM: 3 (4df+2=-, +, 0, +)
Nov 05 20:44:58 <Artemis> «Contact.»
Nov 05 20:45:14 <Nioki> «I counted at least four of them before I came inside.»
Nov 05 20:45:23 <Dexanote> 4df+4
Nov 05 20:45:24 <Glacon> Dexanote: 4 (4df+4=+, -, +, -)
Nov 05 20:45:38 <Dodridge> «Copy. Everyone else, by the window with Artie. Alice and I got the stairs.»
Nov 05 20:45:39 <Dexanote> The shitgun blasts the window, pattering the tentacle with shot.
Nov 05 20:45:48 <Dexanote> It falls away.
Nov 05 20:45:49 <DrCole> Lance brings his sword up, covering the other window. He stands tot he side of it.
Nov 05 20:46:17 <Dexanote> Blasted it then.
Nov 05 20:46:24 <AliceD> Alice grips her weapon.
Nov 05 20:46:28 <Zhao> Zhao is silent
Nov 05 20:46:29 <Adhelami> "Are you ok Sehlvi??" She quickly stands.
Nov 05 20:46:49 <Artemis> Artemis racks the Shorty and slings it. "Yes."
Nov 05 20:47:19 <Jillian> Jillian aims her *goldmotherfuckingM16* and the window.
Nov 05 20:47:24 <Dexanote> There's ret sounds, snapping and shrieking, just under the window.
Nov 05 20:47:32 <Zhao> "We should find that woman who was here. If we mean to escape, that is."
Nov 05 20:47:43 <ZoeChantili> "Is she in that locked room?"
Nov 05 20:48:00 <Dexanote> wet, sounds.
Nov 05 20:48:04 <Zhao> "I am not sure, but every so often I here a flurrying inside of it."
Nov 05 20:48:15 <Artemis> Artemis pops out the window, Shorty leveled downward, and fires, retreating almost in the same instance. Is this okay?
Nov 05 20:48:40 <Dexanote> Yes.
Nov 05 20:48:47 <ZoeChantili> Zoe heads to the locked door, trying to pick it.
Nov 05 20:48:51 <Artemis> 4df+2 EAT BUCKSHIT
Nov 05 20:48:52 <Glacon> Artemis: EAT BUCKSHIT: 3 (4df+2=-, +, +, 0)
Nov 05 20:48:53 <ZoeChantili> 4df+4 Lockpickin
Nov 05 20:48:54 <Glacon> ZoeChantili: Lockpickin: 5 (4df+4=+, +, 0, -)
Nov 05 20:49:13 <Dexanote> 4df+4
Nov 05 20:49:17 <Dexanote> 4df+4 .
Nov 05 20:49:17 <Glacon> Dexanote: .: 7 (4df+4=0, +, +, +)
Nov 05 20:49:29 <Dexanote> There's shrieking as something falls to the ground.
Nov 05 20:49:34 <Dexanote> Zoe gets it.
Nov 05 20:49:46 <ZoeChantili> "Got the door, can I get some cover?"
Nov 05 20:50:07 <DrCole> "Coming…artemis, can you handle it here?"
Nov 05 20:50:09 <Artemis> « …. I think I made it angry.»
Nov 05 20:50:28 <Dexanote> 4df+5 maneuver.
Nov 05 20:50:29 <Glacon> Dexanote: maneuver.: 7 (4df+5=+, +, +, -)
Nov 05 20:50:38 <Dexanote> The shrieking and dripping noises quiet.
Nov 05 20:50:44 <Artemis> "Sehlvi, we should move…"
Nov 05 20:50:44 <Zhao> "I haven't been able to meditate in weeks becuase of those things…"
Nov 05 20:50:44 <AliceD> <…>
Nov 05 20:51:03 <DrCole> "…Zoe, just clear the room, and then get down here. We're going to need help, I think."
Nov 05 20:51:06 <Dodridge> <Steady, Alice.>
Nov 05 20:51:09 <Adhelami> She nods, frowning, but decently calm it seems, "Yes."
Nov 05 20:51:15 <ZoeChantili> Zoe waits for Lance, and then carefully pushes the door open, standing to the side. "Hello in there?"
Nov 05 20:51:23 <DrCole> LAnce goes to the room.
Nov 05 20:51:26 <Nioki> Alanoch stands upstairs, at this point a literal ball of darkness as he absorbs light.
Nov 05 20:51:29 <ZoeChantili> "Anyone in there, we're about to leave. Speak now or forever hold your piece."
Nov 05 20:51:35 <AliceD> <Always am.>
Nov 05 20:51:54 <Dodridge> «Guys, talk to me. We still got no contact at the stairs.>
Nov 05 20:52:08 <DrCole> «They're not inside yet, that's why.»
Nov 05 20:52:09 <Artemis> «Window»
Nov 05 20:52:13 <ZoeChantili> Zoe carefuly follows Lance into the room.
Nov 05 20:52:21 <Nioki> «Upstairs, waiting on your call.»
Nov 05 20:52:26 <DrCole> Lance sweeps his gaze across the room.
Nov 05 20:52:34 <DrCole> "Anyone here?"
Nov 05 20:52:38 <Dodridge> «Alice has 3 incendiary rockets. Let us know if you need ;em.»
Nov 05 20:52:39 <ZoeChantili> 4df+2 Zoe searching the room as well.
Nov 05 20:52:40 <Glacon> ZoeChantili: Zoe searching the room as well.: 0 (4df+2=-, +, -, -)
Nov 05 20:52:52 <DrCole> "Please be someone extraordinarily good at fighting monsters."
Nov 05 20:53:06 <ZoeChantili> "Have you seen our luck Lance?"
Nov 05 20:53:11 <DrCole> "Shhhhh."
Nov 05 20:53:15 <DrCole> "I have my faith."
Nov 05 20:53:52 <Zhao> Zhao walks over to Jason
Nov 05 20:54:00 <Zhao> "You said your name was jason?"
Nov 05 20:54:05 <Dodridge> <Yes.>
Nov 05 20:54:20 <Zhao> "…What is this…foundation?"
Nov 05 20:54:29 <Dodridge> <*Not* *now*.>
Nov 05 20:54:30 <Serafina> "Hello."
Nov 05 20:54:38 <Zhao> "Bah, fine."
Nov 05 20:54:47 <Dodridge> He keeps the modified M240 aimed over the railing of the stairs.
Nov 05 20:54:54 <Serafina> "Hello?"
Nov 05 20:54:55 <DrCole> "Hi."
Nov 05 20:55:00 <DrCole> "Where are you?"
Nov 05 20:55:01 <Dodridge> <Listen, dude. I'll tell you all about this shit in the morning.>
Nov 05 20:55:05 <ZoeChantili> "Hi. Nice to meet yo I'm zoe, now Come on, we've gotta blow this popsicle stand."
Nov 05 20:55:06 <DrCole> Lance peers around.
Nov 05 20:55:15 <Serafina> "In the bathroom. One moment."
Nov 05 20:55:19 <AliceD> Alice keeps her weapon aimed at the stairs.
Nov 05 20:55:30 * Salmander is now known as Salmander|Away
Nov 05 20:55:36 <DrCole> "Sure, but we're pressed for time. Eldritch insects otuside."
Nov 05 20:55:38 <ZoeChantili> Zoe rolls her eyes. «Got someone. IN the loo.»
Nov 05 20:55:56 <DrCole> "I'm going to head back to art now."
Nov 05 20:56:02 <Adhelami> "Sehlvi, do you think we will survive?" She asks him as he moves from the room.
Nov 05 20:56:04 <Dodridge> «Then get them out! And give 'em a fucking gun and a flashlight!>
Nov 05 20:56:06 <DrCole> LAnce goes back downstairs, to assist art.
Nov 05 20:56:09 <Zhao> "Right…right. I shouldn't have prodded you."
Nov 05 20:56:20 <ZoeChantili> "Go ahead, I'll deal with this."
Nov 05 20:56:27 <Artemis> Artemis leads Adhelami out to where Jason is. "We will, do not fear."
Nov 05 20:56:31 <ZoeChantili> "Hurry up, and I really hope you've got a gun or something in there."
Nov 05 20:56:41 <DrCole> Lance covers the win dow while art is away.
Nov 05 20:56:50 <DrCole> *wndow
Nov 05 20:57:01 <DrCole> The fucking glass rectangle for viewing.
Nov 05 20:57:32 <Jillian> "Mind getting out of my way swordsman?" Jillian tries to aim around Lance.
Nov 05 20:57:32 <Dexanote> The window is dark. A breeze flows through, stinking of rot
Nov 05 20:57:34 <Dodridge> Jason nods at him as he passes under him.
Nov 05 20:58:01 <DrCole> "Sure, sure."
Nov 05 20:58:07 <DrCole> Lance stands to the side of the window.
Nov 05 20:58:16 <Serafina> Serafina comes out of the bathroom carrying her bag and case, crowbar in one hand.
Nov 05 20:58:20 <DrCole> "Just be ready for when this starts."
Nov 05 20:58:24 <Serafina> "Are we leaving, then?"
Nov 05 20:58:26 <Dodridge> «Alanoch, you mind comin' over to the stairwell? Take Alice's spot?»
Nov 05 20:58:34 <Nioki> «Coming.»
Nov 05 20:58:49 <Dexanote> There's creaking from the ceiling above Lance.
Nov 05 20:58:49 <Dodridge> He looks over to Alice. <See if you can hit one of those fuckers out the window?>
Nov 05 20:58:52 <ZoeChantili> "Yeeeees. But if you don't get a move on, we're gonna get eaten. Now come on!"
Nov 05 20:58:58 <Jillian> "I know what I'm doing Doc" Not aggressive, just stating.
Nov 05 20:59:06 <Serafina> "Alright. Someone mentioned the Foundation?"
Nov 05 20:59:07 <Nioki> A ball of darkness, surrounded by fraying and drifting threads, walks down the stairs.
Nov 05 20:59:11 <DrCole> "Ahhh…shit."
Nov 05 20:59:13 <ZoeChantili> Zoe leads the way out. «Got the girl. Now what?»
Nov 05 20:59:15 <AliceD> <Will do, babe.> Alice heads to the window when Alanoch gets there.
Nov 05 20:59:16 <Serafina> Serafina follows Zoe.
Nov 05 20:59:20 <ZoeChantili> "Later, later."
Nov 05 20:59:26 <DrCole> Lance presses his back to a wall, looking up.
Nov 05 20:59:33 <Dodridge> «Give her a fucking gun, that's what.»
Nov 05 20:59:50 <ZoeChantili> "You got a gun?"
Nov 05 21:00:02 <Dodridge> «I have four.»
Nov 05 21:00:05 <Serafina> "No. I'm not trained in their use."
Nov 05 21:00:12 <Serafina> "I have a crowbar, though."
Nov 05 21:00:16 <Nioki> "We should wait until we know where more than one of them is. I can brighten the entire area, but if they return to normal they will be difficult to find if we do not know where to look."
Nov 05 21:00:17 <Serafina> "It's very handy."
Nov 05 21:00:27 <AliceD> <Not g-gonna cut it a-against these guys.>
Nov 05 21:00:35 <ZoeChantili> «She don't know how to use one…She's got a crowbar though. So me and Gordon Freeman'll be heading down by you."
Nov 05 21:00:50 <DrCole> "To the stairs now!" His eye snap to Jill, and he jabs a thumb at the spintering ceiling.
Nov 05 21:01:00 <DrCole> Then he sprints for the stairwell.
Nov 05 21:01:01 <Dodridge> «I'm up top, down the hall, by the stairs. Got Al here.»
Nov 05 21:01:11 <AliceD> Alice goes bacak to the stairs then
Nov 05 21:01:17 <ZoeChantili> Zoe heads towards Jason. "Stay close Gordon!"
Nov 05 21:01:18 <Dexanote> There, indeed, are cracks across the ceiling. Dropping too- whatever;s dripping is burning the carpet.
Nov 05 21:01:18 <Jillian> Jillian looks up and follows Lance
Nov 05 21:01:20 <DrCole> «They're coming in!»
Nov 05 21:01:31 <Dodridge> «Where are they coming in?»
Nov 05 21:01:36 <Serafina> Serafina follows, glancing behind every few seconds.
Nov 05 21:01:41 <Nioki> "I can also target one directly, if it is close."
Nov 05 21:01:44 <DrCole> «In the ceiling of the first floor.»
Nov 05 21:01:53 <Dexanote> There's a crash and shrieks above.
Nov 05 21:01:54 <Dodridge> «Then get the fuck up top!»
Nov 05 21:02:03 <DrCole> «Might be digging up through the walls too right now.»
Nov 05 21:02:10 <Dodridge> «It's nice and bright up here, ya dumbasses.»
Nov 05 21:02:10 <DrCole> «The hell you think we're ding.»
Nov 05 21:02:11 <Artemis> Artemis and Adhelami scurry to the second floor.
Nov 05 21:02:30 <AliceD> Alice backs away, making sure she's the only one between people and the pedes.
Nov 05 21:02:50 <Nioki> "Won't they destroy the wiring if they enter like that?"
Nov 05 21:02:54 <DrCole> Lance is making for the second floor as well, looking back every so often.
Nov 05 21:03:11 <Zhao> Zhao picks up his duffel bag
Nov 05 21:03:22 <Dexanote> Okay. The top floor's ceiling is cracking and dripping. Making sure I got that across, sorry, people are annoying
Nov 05 21:03:36 <Dodridge> <FFFFF->
Nov 05 21:03:56 <Adhelami> Ok— So Artemis and Adhelami stay downstairs!
Nov 05 21:04:05 <Dodridge> 4df+4 Perception maneuver. Jason tries to determine *just* where to fire though the ceiling.
Nov 05 21:04:06 <Glacon> Dodridge: Perception maneuver. Jason tries to determine *just* where to fire though the ceiling.: 0 (4df+4=-, -, -, -)
Nov 05 21:04:08 <DrCole> What about the bottom floor?
Nov 05 21:04:10 <Dodridge> -_-
Nov 05 21:04:13 <AliceD> Alice has her suit lights on, backing up backing up, cause my daddy taught me good.
Nov 05 21:04:14 <Zhao> "Well now…I may be old, but perhaps my time is far from over! We should leave."
Nov 05 21:04:30 <Dexanote> Something drops on Jason's face. It doesn't burn through Oxide but damn it's viscous.
Nov 05 21:04:32 <Jillian> 4df+4 How long should the lights last like this?
Nov 05 21:04:32 <Glacon> Jillian: How long should the lights last like this?: 6 (4df+4=0, +, +, 0)
Nov 05 21:04:43 <Zhao> Zhao scurries down the stairs
Nov 05 21:04:54 <Jillian> ^Electrical engineering knowledge.
Nov 05 21:05:35 <Dodridge> 4df+5 Jason backs away and kneels, aiming up, letting loose a good 20-round burst from the M240.
Nov 05 21:05:35 <Glacon> Dodridge: Jason backs away and kneels, aiming up, letting loose a good 20-round burst from the M240.: 4 (4df+5=-, 0, -, +)
Nov 05 21:05:37 <Jillian> «OUT OF HERE NOW! WE GOT ABOUT THREE MINUTES BEFORE POWER SHOUTS DOWN!»
Nov 05 21:06:04 <ZoeChantili> Zoe grabs at Serafina, "Come on!"
Nov 05 21:06:11 <ZoeChantili> ZOe follows he group
Nov 05 21:06:14 <Zhao> Zhao reaches the lobby
Nov 05 21:06:14 <Dexanote> 4df+6 tagging Grow In The Dark
Nov 05 21:06:14 <Glacon> Dexanote: tagging Grow In The Dark: 8 (4df+6=+, 0, +, 0)
Nov 05 21:06:16 <AliceD> <Get to Eve, I'm c-covering our six.>
Nov 05 21:06:23 <DrCole> «What's the exit plan?»
Nov 05 21:06:25 <Serafina> Serafina follows as best as she is able, trying to converse with Zoe the whole time.
Nov 05 21:06:28 <Dexanote> the bullets pierce something, something wet.
Nov 05 21:06:39 <Adhelami> "Out into that??" She huffs! There is no choice…
Nov 05 21:06:50 <Artemis> "Stay close to me, Selhvi."
Nov 05 21:06:51 <Serafina> "Are you with one of the paranormal orgs? Foundation, GOC, one of them?"
Nov 05 21:07:07 <Zhao> Zhao catches up to zoe and serafina
Nov 05 21:07:08 <Dodridge> <… Ffffuck. Alice, go, I got your back.>
Nov 05 21:07:11 <ZoeChantili> "If I say yes will you be quiet and not die?"
Nov 05 21:07:15 <Zhao> "Oi, you youngsters!"
Nov 05 21:07:23 <Serafina> "Of course."
Nov 05 21:07:24 <Zhao> "Wait up!"
Nov 05 21:07:24 <Dexanote> The lights above flicker, as soemthing bursts through the wall.
Nov 05 21:07:25 <Dodridge> He starts backing down the stairwell behind her.
Nov 05 21:07:30 <Nioki> «Then we should let them in. All in the same place.»
Nov 05 21:07:38 <AliceD> Alice goooes!
Nov 05 21:07:38 <Serafina> Serafina smiles, nodding slightly to Zhao as he approaches.
Nov 05 21:07:43 <Dodridge> «BREACH! THEY'RE IN!»
Nov 05 21:07:48 <DrCole> Lance is making his way up still, but slowly, and backwards. He's looking for anything coming up.
Nov 05 21:07:59 <Dexanote> what
Nov 05 21:08:13 <Dexanote> 1d6
Nov 05 21:08:13 <Glacon> Dexanote: 2 (1d6=2)
Nov 05 21:08:16 <Dodridge> «CEILING! TOP FLOOR!»
Nov 05 21:08:35 <Dexanote> There's skittering behind you, coming down the stairs.
Nov 05 21:08:45 <DrCole> "FFFU-"
Nov 05 21:08:47 <Dexanote> Who is at teh top?
Nov 05 21:08:54 <DrCole> Lance turns on the stairs.
Nov 05 21:08:59 <Dodridge> Jason's taking them three at a time, moving as fast as he can. Jason is.
Nov 05 21:09:01 <DrCole> He's near the second floor right now.
Nov 05 21:09:06 <Nioki> Alanoch is still -on- the stairs.
Nov 05 21:09:08 <Artemis> Artemis turns about.
Nov 05 21:09:48 <Dexanote> 4df+8 Hatred-Intimidation roll.
Nov 05 21:09:48 <Glacon> Dexanote: Hatred-Intimidation roll.: 8 (4df+8=0, +, 0, -)
Nov 05 21:10:52 <Dodridge> Jason's heart rate increases. He's watched Aliens far too many times to know that bad things happen to Marines grabbed by bugs.
Nov 05 21:11:07 <AliceD> <Stay c-close, hun.>
Nov 05 21:11:12 <Jillian> Jillian stands by Eve, weapon up.
Nov 05 21:11:16 <Dexanote> It stinks, that's the first thing you notice. Its so dark and it's moist. The scuttling sounds like hail on a window, sharp taps. Then something snaps down and around the stairwell. A mouth, a claw, a sting.
Nov 05 21:11:20 <ZoeChantili> Zoe is near the middle of the group with Serafina
Nov 05 21:11:46 <Nioki> Alanoch is, understandably, more than a little freaked. So, as is he habit, he strikes out.
Nov 05 21:11:50 <Dexanote> I presume you are all down on the ground floor now.
Nov 05 21:12:26 <Dexanote> Lets say Alanoch was closest to the stairwell. Go ahead.
Nov 05 21:12:36 <Nioki> 4df+7 Luxomancy + Maneuver + Fate point.
Nov 05 21:12:36 <Glacon> Nioki: Luxomancy + Maneuver + Fate point.: 7 (4df+7=0, +, -, 0)
Nov 05 21:12:57 <Dodridge> 4df+5 <FUCK!> Jason rips off another burst at whatever's chasing him, looking back to make sure it's not Alanoch.
Nov 05 21:12:58 <Glacon> Dodridge: <FUCK!> Jason rips off another burst at whatever's chasing him, looking back to make sure it's not Alanoch.: 6 (4df+5=0, +, 0, 0)
Nov 05 21:13:10 <Dexanote> 4df+4 vs Jason
Nov 05 21:13:10 <Glacon> Dexanote: vs Jason: 4 (4df+4=+, -, +, -)
Nov 05 21:13:20 <Nioki> A ball of incredibly bright, incredibly hot light appears at the top of the stairs.
Nov 05 21:13:23 <Dexanote> 4df+2 compelled Grow In The Dark, vs Alanoch
Nov 05 21:13:24 <Glacon> Dexanote: compelled Grow In The Dark, vs Alanoch: 4 (4df+2=+, +, 0, 0)
Nov 05 21:13:31 <DrCole> Lance exhales, and focuses, scanning the ground floor. He also looks back to see what jason is firing at.
Nov 05 21:13:38 <Artemis> Artemis is on the defensive!
Nov 05 21:13:38 <Artemis> 4df+3 Ath maneuver to defense.
Nov 05 21:13:39 <Glacon> Artemis: Ath maneuver to defense.: 4 (4df+3=-, +, +, 0)
Nov 05 21:13:40 <Dexanote> Describe, as you rip into the rippling, armoured thing.
Nov 05 21:14:30 <Dodridge> Jason squeezes the trigger, sending a long burst of 7.62x51mm API into the bug's carapace, ripping away chunks and sending the following rounds inside to burn flesh.
Nov 05 21:14:58 * Adhelami is still close to Artemis' back!
Nov 05 21:15:08 <Dodridge> He keeps running.
Nov 05 21:15:15 <Dodridge> It wasn't enough in the movie.
Nov 05 21:15:16 <Nioki> It's like a concentrated ball of light and laser. It not only hits the insect with enough light to seem like a miniature sun, but cuts straight through anything that touches it.
Nov 05 21:16:04 <AliceD> Alice keeps going, ready to let slip the dogs of war.
Nov 05 21:16:25 <Dexanote> It shrieks, heaving as the bullets rip a hole, a target, for the boltbeam to sear through. Splitting in half and spewing fluids, it shudders and falls.
Nov 05 21:16:39 <Nioki> It's most of the light he meant to use to brighten the entire area, all concentrated in one small spot.
Nov 05 21:16:40 <Dexanote> Snapping and gibbering, it tries to drag itself back up the stairs;
Nov 05 21:17:01 <DrCole> "Are there more coming, jason?"
Nov 05 21:17:12 <Dexanote> Behind you, Alanoch's light illuminates several others, recoiling away behind Eve or other vehicles.
Nov 05 21:17:29 <Dodridge> «ALANOCH, KID, GET DOWN HERE! RUN FASTER!» He pauses, calming himself. He fucked that bug up.
Nov 05 21:17:36 <Nioki> Alanoch hugs the wall as he descends the stairs.
Nov 05 21:17:43 <Dodridge> «No, we got the one on the stairs. It's runnin' like a bitch.»
Nov 05 21:17:46 <Nioki> "Keep shooting it."
Nov 05 21:17:55 <DrCole> Lance also descends swiftly.
Nov 05 21:18:10 <DrCole> "There's some outside, be ready for that."
Nov 05 21:18:20 <Jillian> Jillian runs to Alanoch and kneels. "Hop on"
Nov 05 21:18:29 <Dodridge> Jason… pursues it up the stairs, just a few, enough to keep his gunsights on it..
Nov 05 21:18:31 <Nioki> "No. I'm fine."
Nov 05 21:18:48 <Nioki> "I do not need help. Just time."
Nov 05 21:18:57 <Dodridge> 4df+7 Tagging Condition One. He unleashes another burst, aiming for the kill, straight for hte head.
Nov 05 21:18:58 <Glacon> Dodridge: Tagging Condition One. He unleashes another burst, aiming for the kill, straight for hte head.: 6 (4df+7=+, -, 0, -)
Nov 05 21:19:11 <Dexanote> 4df+4 Which head? It doesn't even look like it has one.
Nov 05 21:19:11 <Glacon> Dexanote: Which head? It doesn't even look like it has one.: 4 (4df+4=-, +, -, +)
Nov 05 21:19:12 <Jillian> So climb on and ride on Samson. You'll get to relax and not be touched."
Nov 05 21:19:18 <Jillian> "
Nov 05 21:19:34 <Dexanote> Jason blows more holes in it, knocking legs and arms and… is that a wing? Wings off.
Nov 05 21:19:49 <Dodridge> He calls it good and descends, trying to catch up with the others.
Nov 05 21:19:56 <Nioki> "I used too much there. Keep me safe until I have time to prepare the full brightening again."
Nov 05 21:20:00 <Serafina> Serafina is watching the proceedings with a look on her face like :O
Nov 05 21:20:05 <DrCole> Lance is peering out the window, tyrying to gauge how many are out there.
Nov 05 21:20:11 <DrCole> He also eyes the cracked ceiling.
Nov 05 21:20:20 <Dexanote> [pause]
Nov 05 21:20:25 <Nioki> He's a ball of fraying darkness again, preparing.
Nov 05 21:20:40 <Dexanote> Okay. I thought everyone went on the stairs. I was under the assumption everyone went on the stairs.
Nov 05 21:20:51 <Dexanote> Be right back, figure that out.
Nov 05 21:20:51 <Zhao> most of us are in the lobby I think
Nov 05 21:20:57 <DrCole> I figured we were down by now?
Nov 05 21:21:03 <Nioki> 4df+4 Perception maneuver -> Luxomancy. Light sponge.
Nov 05 21:21:04 <Glacon> Nioki: Perception maneuver -> Luxomancy. Light sponge.: 5 (4df+4=0, +, -, +)
Nov 05 21:21:18 * Salmander|Away is now known as Salmander
Nov 05 21:21:21 <Dodridge> Alanoch and Jason were battling one on the stairs as everyone headed for the lobby.
Nov 05 21:21:56 <Artemis> Artemis and Adhelami are in the lobby, waiting for the others.
Nov 05 21:22:12 <Salmander> Redd is on the lobby, presumably
Nov 05 21:22:22 <Jillian> Jillian stands with Alanoch, watching and waiting.
Nov 05 21:22:26 <Serafina> Serafina and Zhao were with Zoe, in the lobby I believe.
Nov 05 21:22:31 <Serafina> Zoe, confirm?
Nov 05 21:22:49 <ZoeChantili> Yes, Zoe was waiting for a clear chance to get to Eve
Nov 05 21:23:15 <Nioki> He seems fine. Must be all the practice.
Nov 05 21:23:23 <DrCole> Lance is by the window, again.
Nov 05 21:23:31 <DrCole> Still looking out.
Nov 05 21:24:21 <Salmander> Redd strides back and forth, tapping his feet
Nov 05 21:24:35 <AliceD> Alice is waiting to cover Jason and Alanoch's retreat.
Nov 05 21:24:51 <Nioki> "Give me another minute and I'll be ready for a full area brightening again. We can use that to evacuate the building and, if I can hold it up, escape to the ship."
Nov 05 21:24:56 <Serafina> Serafina redistributes her baggage for easier carrying.
Nov 05 21:25:13 <Dodridge> <You heard him!>
Nov 05 21:25:26 <Salmander> His cutlery hand clinks continuously as he paces
Nov 05 21:25:39 <Dodridge> Jason pulls a marker flare from his assault back and tosses it to Alice. <Catch, hun.>
Nov 05 21:25:47 <Nioki> "The more time I have with lights, the more chance that I can keep it up."
Nov 05 21:25:50 <AliceD> Alice catches it.
Nov 05 21:25:56 <Dexanote> the thing above and behind you lurches and squeals, dripping yellowish goo down the stairs. The carpet's burning from it, highly acidic, looks like.
Nov 05 21:25:59 <AliceD> <Right.>
Nov 05 21:25:59 <Jillian> Jillian nods, waiting on Alanoch to recover.
Nov 05 21:26:26 <Jillian> «We're about to lose all light»
Nov 05 21:26:46 <ZoeChantili> "Say the word Alonch"
Nov 05 21:27:20 <Nioki> Black threads zip away from Alanoch, finding and gathering around the lights. He leaves the edges clear, though, so insects won't get in.
Nov 05 21:27:47 <Dodridge> Jason strikes the flare, chicken-winging the M240. Motherfuckin' Rambo.
Nov 05 21:27:50 <Zhao> "What an odd power…"
Nov 05 21:28:01 * Adhelami watches with some awe… "So that is what it is for…"
Nov 05 21:28:11 <Serafina> Serafina remains silent, but watches attentively.
Nov 05 21:28:38 <AliceD> Alice strikes her flare
Nov 05 21:28:39 <Dexanote> 4df+6 Alice. PDef
Nov 05 21:28:39 <Glacon> Dexanote: Alice. PDef: 7 (4df+6=+, 0, -, +)
Nov 05 21:28:49 <AliceD> 4df+6 Spending AP
Nov 05 21:28:50 <Glacon> AliceD: Spending AP: 6 (4df+6=0, 0, +, -)
Nov 05 21:28:53 <AliceD> Nope
Nov 05 21:29:00 <AliceD> WAIT!
Nov 05 21:29:04 <AliceD> 4df+7
Nov 05 21:29:04 <Nioki> "If I surround us with an absorptive dome, I can recycle enough to keep going for quite a while."
Nov 05 21:29:05 <Glacon> AliceD: 6 (4df+7=0, -, 0, 0)
Nov 05 21:29:08 <AliceD> Still nope
Nov 05 21:29:11 <Salmander> ahaha
Nov 05 21:29:30 <Artemis> Artemis grips the shotgun in one hand, his sword in the other, ready to engage something.
Nov 05 21:29:34 <Nioki> "There will be no visibility outside the dome, though."
Nov 05 21:29:41 <Dexanote> A wicked claw on an arm shoots around, stabbing Alice in the leg.
Nov 05 21:29:48 <Jillian> "How long can you hold it?"
Nov 05 21:29:55 <Dodridge> <Alice, strike that bitch and keep it close to Al. Babysit him. That's your jo-…> D:<
Nov 05 21:29:59 <Nioki> "I don't know."
Nov 05 21:30:17 <AliceD> <GAH FUCK!> >:( That's going to bruise
Nov 05 21:30:22 <Nioki> "The more time I have with these lights, the longer."
Nov 05 21:30:40 <Dexanote> 4df+6 Lance, PDef, something's biting through the window.
Nov 05 21:30:40 <Glacon> Dexanote: Lance, PDef, something's biting through the window.: 7 (4df+6=0, +, +, -)
Nov 05 21:30:41 <Nioki> "We should stay until they go out."
Nov 05 21:30:51 <Jillian> "We're about to lose the lights"
Nov 05 21:30:56 <Dodridge> 4df+8 Tagging Defcon and spending AP. Jason charges, ripping off the entire belt remaining in the M240
Nov 05 21:30:56 <Glacon> Dodridge: Tagging Defcon and spending AP. Jason charges, ripping off the entire belt remaining in the M240: 8 (4df+8=-, +, 0, 0)
Nov 05 21:30:56 <AliceD> She swings around to put light on whatever whapped her.
Nov 05 21:30:56 <DrCole> 4df+3 Crit success, oh dear god crit scuccess.
Nov 05 21:30:57 <Glacon> DrCole: Crit success, oh dear god crit scuccess.: 2 (4df+3=-, +, -, 0)
Nov 05 21:31:06 <Dodridge> He's firing at the one that attacked Alice.
Nov 05 21:31:08 <Dexanote> 4df+6 Jillian, something through the wall.
Nov 05 21:31:08 <Glacon> Dexanote: Jillian, something through the wall.: 6 (4df+6=-, +, -, +)
Nov 05 21:31:28 <Jillian> 4df+6 mother of god
Nov 05 21:31:29 <Glacon> Jillian: mother of god: 8 (4df+6=+, +, 0, 0)
Nov 05 21:31:33 <Dexanote> Lance's bitten by something with a very antlike face. No venom but GOD DAMN
Nov 05 21:31:36 <Jillian> I mean
Nov 05 21:31:41 <Jillian> 4df+3
Nov 05 21:31:42 <Glacon> Jillian: 4 (4df+3=+, 0, -, +)
Nov 05 21:31:53 <DrCole> "I *hate* bugs."
Nov 05 21:31:54 <Dexanote> Jill, reflexively, punches the crabclaw that stabbed at her, in ahlf.
Nov 05 21:31:56 <Dexanote> Half*
Nov 05 21:32:06 <DrCole> Lance grits his teeth, stabbing at the things face.
Nov 05 21:32:14 <DrCole> 4df=4 Stab
Nov 05 21:32:18 <Dexanote> Awww. well she still punches it in half, but it cuts her up bad after snapping shit
Nov 05 21:32:20 <DrCole> 4df+4 Stab
Nov 05 21:32:21 <Glacon> DrCole: Stab: 1 (4df+4=-, -, 0, -)
Nov 05 21:32:25 <DrCole> |:
Nov 05 21:32:29 <Dexanote> Jason kills the one on the stairs.
Nov 05 21:32:32 <Zhao> "oh, I could really go for some nice jasmine tea right now…"
Nov 05 21:32:36 <Dexanote> It just falls apart, rolling down.
Nov 05 21:32:48 <AliceD> Alice keeps watch on Alanoch.
Nov 05 21:33:13 <DrCole> "I could *really* use some help by the god damn window!"
Nov 05 21:33:21 <Nioki> "Bunch together. The less area I have to cover, the better."
Nov 05 21:33:37 <Dodridge> He cuts the machinegun loose, draws his handgun and fires at the dying thing as it rolls down.
Nov 05 21:33:39 <Artemis> Artemis turns about in the middle of the room, keeping Adhelami directly behind him as he watches for skittery things.
Nov 05 21:33:40 <ZoeChantili> Zoe does so, draging Serafina along.
Nov 05 21:33:55 <Dodridge> He kicks a large piece back up the steps.
Nov 05 21:34:09 <Jillian> «Alanoch wants us all together, he's ready»
Nov 05 21:34:23 <Dodridge> Jason heads toward Alanoch.
Nov 05 21:34:27 <Dexanote> All around you, things burst through the walls and ceiling. Gnashing, skittering things, creeping from the dark. Stink, oh god the stink, and the mouths and roars.
Nov 05 21:34:30 <Dodridge> <Alice, you good to walk?>
Nov 05 21:34:39 <DrCole> Lance tries to wrench himself from the ant-thing's mandibles and make for alanoch.
Nov 05 21:34:42 <Nioki> Alanoch waits for the lights to go out.
Nov 05 21:34:51 <AliceD> <Yeah, just a little whap.>
Nov 05 21:34:52 <Dexanote> Ath Cole.
Nov 05 21:34:54 <Serafina> Serafina knocks Zhao on the arm with her crowbar, getting his attention so he'll follow her and Zoe.
Nov 05 21:35:01 <DrCole> 4df+3 Ugh, god.
Nov 05 21:35:02 <Glacon> DrCole: Ugh, god.: 4 (4df+3=0, +, +, -)
Nov 05 21:35:03 <Zhao> Zhao curses in chinese, "[Fucking hell!]
Nov 05 21:35:13 * Doctor_Light is now known as Light-off
Nov 05 21:35:21 <Dexanote> 4df+4 "SKREEUGH"
Nov 05 21:35:22 <Glacon> Dexanote: "SKREEUGH": 3 (4df+4=+, 0, -, -)
Nov 05 21:35:31 <AliceD> <Alright, comeone Alanoch.>
Nov 05 21:35:33 <Dexanote> He snaps a mandible off, falling back.
Nov 05 21:35:53 <Zhao> Zhao follows closely to zoe
Nov 05 21:36:04 <DrCole> Lance makes for Alanoch, moving quickly backwards, keeping one eye on the encroaching bugs.
Nov 05 21:36:16 <DrCole> Not that he has any to spare!
Nov 05 21:36:27 <ZoeChantili> "Ready to shield your eyes…"
Nov 05 21:36:47 <Serafina> Serafina does so with her crowbar-arm.
Nov 05 21:36:50 <Nioki> "No need."
Nov 05 21:37:02 <Nioki> Do the lights go out?
Nov 05 21:37:06 * Adhelami places a hand over her one eye?
Nov 05 21:37:09 <Serafina> …then puts it down again at Alanoch's word.
Nov 05 21:37:14 <Dexanote> The lights flicker, each flicker the things get bigger and sharper.
Nov 05 21:37:33 <Dexanote> There's a spark, as everything goes dark.
Nov 05 21:37:42 <Nioki> 4df+7 Luxomancy+Maneuver+Point. Hold for explanation.
Nov 05 21:37:42 <Dodridge> «FIRE IT, AL!»
Nov 05 21:37:42 <AliceD> Alice moves towars the others with Alanoch?
Nov 05 21:37:43 <Glacon> Nioki: Luxomancy+Maneuver+Point. Hold for explanation.: 8 (4df+7=-, +, 0, +)
Nov 05 21:37:45 <Jillian> "Shitshitshit"
Nov 05 21:37:55 <DrCole> Lance inhales.
Nov 05 21:38:11 <Zhao> Zhao assumes a stance, breathing slowly
Nov 05 21:38:16 <Dexanote> 4df+4 Collective Def.
Nov 05 21:38:17 <Glacon> Dexanote: Collective Def.: 4 (4df+4=+, 0, -, 0)
Nov 05 21:38:24 <Serafina> Serafina smiles, just a bit.
Nov 05 21:38:39 <Salmander> Redd hums showtunes
Nov 05 21:40:46 <Nioki> First, there's a simple lightening. It spreads mostly from the flickers, but within two seconds the entire area is lit up not just by a swarm of bright white threads but a transformation of the ambient light into something several times brighter than it was a moment before.
Nov 05 21:41:34 * Adhelami gasps as she moves a finger for her eye to look. So pretty! :O!!
Nov 05 21:41:39 <Nioki> On the ground beneath them, black threads spill outwards. They trace the ground like living shadows.
Nov 05 21:41:52 <Nioki> "Move. Quickly."
Nov 05 21:42:04 <ZoeChantili> Zoe does so, dragging Serafina along
Nov 05 21:42:17 <Serafina> Serafina bolts after Zoe, staying close.
Nov 05 21:42:26 <Zhao> Zhao follows
Nov 05 21:42:27 <AliceD> <You heard him. Go!>
Nov 05 21:42:34 <Artemis> Artemis slings his Shorty and takes Adhelami by the hand, leading her out.
Nov 05 21:42:47 <Jillian> Jillian stays next to Alanoch, extending a metal bar along her arm for him to hold onto, and heading out.
Nov 05 21:42:49 <Dexanote> The things recoil, trying to scuttle back
Nov 05 21:42:56 <Nioki> Alanoch rushes for Eve, stumbling as his concentration makes it difficult to focus on anything but the light. He clambers into the spotter's seat.
Nov 05 21:42:58 <Dodridge> Jason stays close to Alanoch, weapon up outboard.
Nov 05 21:43:08 <Nioki> "Hurt them while we leave."
Nov 05 21:43:19 <Dodridge> He jumps onto the gun. <No problem.>
Nov 05 21:43:22 <ZoeChantili> "Climb aboad!"
Nov 05 21:43:23 <DrCole> Lance moves for EVE, sticking iwth the new girl.
Nov 05 21:43:28 <Zhao> Zhao climbs in
Nov 05 21:43:37 <Nioki> "Aim to prevent mobility."
Nov 05 21:43:42 <AliceD> Alice gets into the drivers seat. <Let me know when we can go.>
Nov 05 21:43:45 <Dodridge> 4df+7 Jason opens up with the Bushmaster 25mm autocannon.
Nov 05 21:43:46 <Glacon> Dodridge: Jason opens up with the Bushmaster 25mm autocannon.: 9 (4df+7=0, +, +, 0)
Nov 05 21:44:12 <Zhao> "I hope you have a good plan, becuase those things took out an entire platoon of men a couple months back."
Nov 05 21:44:13 <Nioki> One of Alanoch's eyes lets off several dull, camera like flashes, and he winces.
Nov 05 21:44:17 <Dodridge> He sweeps the weapon side to side, massive spent casings flying from the turret as it CHUNKACHUNKAs its way through the ammo.
Nov 05 21:44:31 <Dexanote> 4df+4 They're all hanging out of the walls, trying to pull away; they're too big to pull back, but its too bright to pull through.
Nov 05 21:44:31 <Glacon> Dexanote: They're all hanging out of the walls, trying to pull away; they're too big to pull back, but its too bright to pull through.: 2 (4df+4=-, -, +, -)
Nov 05 21:44:34 <DrCole> Lance gets into eve as soon as he can.
Nov 05 21:44:49 <Serafina> "Mr. Zhao, was it? I believe these people know what they're doing."
Nov 05 21:44:50 <Dodridge> … Jesus.
Nov 05 21:45:05 <Nioki> "There will be more of them. We need to move while I can still hold this."
Nov 05 21:45:18 <Zhao> Zhao remains silent
Nov 05 21:45:20 <AliceD> <ARE WE ON THE FUCKING BUS?>
Nov 05 21:45:24 * Adhelami climbs in and takes her seat! D:
Nov 05 21:45:28 <Artemis> Artemis and Adhelami scuttle into EVE.
Nov 05 21:45:37 <ZoeChantili> «Me and the new guys are on.»
Nov 05 21:45:39 <Dexanote> They burst, shrieking as the light and bullets ow fuck
Nov 05 21:45:57 <DrCole> «We're all in, let's go.»
Nov 05 21:46:19 <AliceD> Alice closes the ramp and VRRRRRRRR
Nov 05 21:46:21 <Dexanote> And they're off.
Nov 05 21:46:30 <Zhao> "This tank is…spacious. Nothing like…"
Nov 05 21:46:54 <Jillian> "It's not a tank"
Nov 05 21:47:03 <Dodridge> «Alice, drive this bitch into the water, right up onto the back. It'll fucking climb, trust me.»
Nov 05 21:47:11 <Zhao> Zhao is silent
Nov 05 21:47:34 <AliceD> «Got it, hun» Vrrrrrr
Nov 05 21:47:41 <Adhelami> "We are going back to the ship, I hope??"
Nov 05 21:47:43 <Dexanote> 4df+6 Vs EVE.
Nov 05 21:47:43 <Glacon> Dexanote: Vs EVE.: 5 (4df+6=-, 0, -, +)
Nov 05 21:47:52 <ZoeChantili> "CAn these things swim?"
Nov 05 21:47:53 <Dexanote> There's a clang, as something latches onto the top.
Nov 05 21:48:08 <AliceD> «It's on t-top someone blast it.»
Nov 05 21:48:11 <Nioki> Alanoch grabs the minigun.
Nov 05 21:48:20 <Serafina> "I haven't observed them to."
Nov 05 21:48:30 * Adhelami cries out, holding her head at the clank!
Nov 05 21:48:33 <Nioki> 4df+5 Spotter minigun. I am TRYING to CONCENTRATE.
Nov 05 21:48:34 <Glacon> Nioki: Spotter minigun. I am TRYING to CONCENTRATE.: 3 (4df+5=0, -, -, 0)
Nov 05 21:48:35 <Serafina> "Mr. Zhao spent more time outside than myself, however."
Nov 05 21:49:04 <Dexanote> Something is scraping at the outside, trying to get in.
Nov 05 21:49:32 * PaulS_laptop (~PI.2447D932.FF38DDE6.E11CD3D|luap#PI.2447D932.FF38DDE6.E11CD3D|luap) has joined #afteractionmission
Nov 05 21:50:10 <Dodridge> Tagging last two point. 4df+8 Jason leans up past Alanoch, pressing his Desert Eagle against the thing's flesh. He pulls the trigger again and again, slamming 8 .50AE rounds into it, locking the slide back.
Nov 05 21:50:21 <AliceD> 4df+8
Nov 05 21:50:22 <Glacon> AliceD: 8 (4df+8=0, -, 0, +)
Nov 05 21:50:33 <AliceD> Eve def
Nov 05 21:50:45 <Dexanote> Welp, it does nothing.
Nov 05 21:51:44 <Zhao> "The bugs also from time to time just like to sit and observe…"
Nov 05 21:51:50 <Zhao> "I should have mentioned that."
Nov 05 21:51:53 <ZoeChantili> "Odd."
Nov 05 21:51:57 <AliceD> <We know.>
Nov 05 21:52:31 <ZoeChantili> "You guys've run into these things before?"
Nov 05 21:52:40 <Serafina> "Have you encountered these before, then? I wondered how widespread these new species were."
Nov 05 21:53:13 <Salmander> "So the fuck is goin' on anyways?"
Nov 05 21:53:18 <Serafina> "May I assume you came from Australia, if you arrived by boat?"
Nov 05 21:53:38 <AliceD> <We had s-sveral in containment.> Vrrrrrrrrrr
Nov 05 21:53:39 <Nioki> «Keep them away from me. I can't afford to be distracted.»
Nov 05 21:53:45 <Zhao> "[A talking suit? Really? Who are these people?]"
Nov 05 21:53:50 <Dexanote> They get to the docks, to the ship.
Nov 05 21:54:00 <ZoeChantili> "Yep, at least initaly."
Nov 05 21:54:11 <AliceD> Alice goes into the water and climbs as instructed.
Nov 05 21:54:25 <Adhelami> "Are there lots of monsters in this world, Sehlvi?" She looks up to Artemis…
Nov 05 21:54:38 <Artemis> Artemis nods. "Yes. Yes there are."