Rescue Blues

Jan 04 18:16:53 <Echo> The man in the broad-brimmed hat is the first to hear the sounds of deliverance, a distant, heavy chopping sound.
Jan 04 18:16:58 <Maddy> She hooks it to her backpack, puts it on and drags her rolling luggage behind her, heading for Beatrice's little group.
Jan 04 18:17:26 <jedifan> Phelan looks up from the spot where he was sitting trying to spot the chopper.
Jan 04 18:17:29 <Pemander> Matthias stands and starts packing away his belongings.
Jan 04 18:17:40 <PaulS_laptop> "Chopper incoming"
Jan 04 18:18:02 <lurkd> Frank points in the direction of the chopper. "Shite… c'mon, mate. Hustle."
Jan 04 18:18:02 <Echo> Sounds like it's coming from the southwest, as promised weeks ago on the shortwave.
Jan 04 18:18:15 <jedifan> Phelan stands up and puts on his backpack.
Jan 04 18:18:19 <PaulS_laptop> "I think we're gonna be outta here"
Jan 04 18:18:29 <PaulS_laptop> He gathers his meager things
Jan 04 18:18:32 <Echo> As the seconds pass, the sound grows louder, a mechanical whine filtering in behind it.
Jan 04 18:18:40 <lurkd> Munroe makes his way to the supposed pick up point.
Jan 04 18:18:51 <lurkd> "Frank, come on!"
Jan 04 18:19:07 <Maddy> Jani dances with some kidlings
Jan 04 18:19:47 <PaulS_laptop> Matt checks his things over to make sure he's loaded, and munches his last slice of jerky
Jan 04 18:20:14 <lurkd> Munroe hustles up with his pack and toolbox.
Jan 04 18:20:19 <Dexanote> Dr Bridgepulls himself out of his tent, pulling a large backpack on. He points Ivy's Pokeball into the tent and there
Jan 04 18:20:20 <Ragazzo> Renton peers about, and rubs his ears.
Jan 04 18:20:24 <Dexanote> 's a flash of red as he returns.
Jan 04 18:21:17 <Echo> An enormous cargo helicopter sweeps into over the formerly well-manicured houses and trees to the southwest of the lot the survivors have occupied, A pair of spotlights around the nose and another pair on the shoulders of the craft light up, illuminating the crowd.
Jan 04 18:21:35 <PaulS_laptop> Matt waves
Jan 04 18:21:35 * Nioki_ (~ten.tniopriafym.tsae.lrub.923817DC-CRInys|alliztahc#ten.tniopriafym.tsae.lrub.923817DC-CRInys|alliztahc) has joined #afteraction
Jan 04 18:21:40 <Gara> John smiles. This was the best day he's had in a long time.
Jan 04 18:21:49 <lurkd> Munroe puts up his arm over his face to block dirt and debris.
Jan 04 18:22:04 * Nioki has quit (Ping timeout)
Jan 04 18:22:14 <Echo> One of the gunners, visible on the right hand side waves back as it passes over their heads.
Jan 04 18:22:18 <jedifan> Phelan puts an arm up to block some of thw eind
Jan 04 18:22:19 * Nioki_ is now known as Nioki
Jan 04 18:22:31 <jedifan> *the wind
Jan 04 18:22:33 <Maddy> Beatrice is talking with a really old Maori dude and nodding. People start to make sure they're ready.
Jan 04 18:22:49 <Pemander> Matthias stuffs his belongings into his backpack and then hooks his tent on the back and stands at the ready.
Jan 04 18:23:06 <lurkd> "Frank, stay on my bloody heels. It might be chaotic."
Jan 04 18:23:11 <Echo> The powerful wash from the pair of rotors hits them as it seemingly almost passes them up, slows, and starts descending to the northeast, overshooting them by about 50 meters.
Jan 04 18:23:39 <lurkd> He jogs that direction.
Jan 04 18:24:08 <Puppetmaster> Well, no one's dying. Lilin heads out.
Jan 04 18:24:11 <Ragazzo> Renton gathers his belongings.
Jan 04 18:24:19 <Gara> John goes out to meet them.
Jan 04 18:24:27 <Ragazzo> Starts to ambulate over.
Jan 04 18:24:30 <Echo> Its wheels make contact with the dirt, the ramp drops… and nearly two dozen troops armed with rifles and machine guns spill out.
Jan 04 18:24:40 <PaulS_laptop> Matt is wondering why they overshot as he makes his way over
Jan 04 18:24:59 <jedifan> Phelan starts making his way over to the chopper.
Jan 04 18:25:24 <Echo> «*STAY* *BACK*.» It's hard to tell who's talking at first or where it's coming from, but it's definitely coming out of a loudspeaker.
Jan 04 18:25:32 <Gara> John halts.
Jan 04 18:25:37 <Puppetmaster> Lilin is /there/, man. Her only visible weapon is a bow and some arrows.
Jan 04 18:25:46 <Maddy> Jani's with the kiddies and co/
Jan 04 18:25:47 <lurkd> Munroe skids to a stop.
Jan 04 18:26:00 <Puppetmaster> She *STAYS.* *BACK.*
Jan 04 18:26:13 <PaulS_laptop> Matt ambulates to a stop, and watches the men dismount
Jan 04 18:26:24 <jedifan> Phelan stops waiting for further instructions
Jan 04 18:26:25 <Echo> The troops fan out around the large helicopter, with the bulk of them facing the crowd, weapons pointed at the dirt.
Jan 04 18:27:15 <Pemander> Matthias is just waiting.
Jan 04 18:27:31 <Dexanote> Bridge draws to the front of the crowd, peering at the chopper.
Jan 04 18:28:24 <lurkd> He doesn't know whether to step back or put his hands up.
Jan 04 18:28:38 <Echo> One of the troops, standing near the center by the middle of the ramp waves his hands, then raises a microphone to his mouth. "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, YOUR RIDE OUT HAS ARRIVED. BEFORE THE EVACUATION CONTINUES, I'M GOING TO ASK YOU ALL TO FORM UP INTO GROUPS OF TEN, AND TO PLEASE BE PATIENT."
Jan 04 18:28:39 <Echo> "
Jan 04 18:28:54 <Pemander> He elbows Bridge. "You're in my group."
Jan 04 18:29:10 <Puppetmaster> Lilin sticks with the people she kind of knows.
Jan 04 18:29:16 <lurkd> "Bollocks!" He rolls his eyes and starts looking for familiar faces.
Jan 04 18:29:18 <PaulS_laptop> Matt nods to the others and hangs back for the others to go first
Jan 04 18:29:21 <jedifan> Phelan heads over to Jani.
Jan 04 18:29:39 <Echo> "WE NEED TO PROCESS EACH OF YOU, ESTABLISH IF YOU'VE GOT ANY MEDICAL CONDITIONS THAT MAY NEED TREATED, AND TO DETERMINE IF YOU'VE GOT ANY PARANATURALS WITH YOU."
Jan 04 18:29:42 <jedifan> "Need some help with the kids?"
Jan 04 18:29:47 <lurkd> Frank taps him on the shoulder and points to the group. "Aye, good on you, mate."
Jan 04 18:29:48 <Gara> John gravitates towards people he knows.
Jan 04 18:29:50 <Puppetmaster> Lilin pops into existence next to Bri- "Parawhats."
Jan 04 18:30:04 <Gara> "Paranormals." THat'd be the group John just walked into.
Jan 04 18:30:04 * Roget (suruas.eht|esohw#suruas.eht|esohw) has joined #afteraction
Jan 04 18:30:14 <Maddy> "Nah, I\m just entertainment. I\m not good with kids."
Jan 04 18:30:16 <Gara> "You have to declare yourself, looks like. Makes a lot of sense."
Jan 04 18:30:26 <lurkd> "Oi, mates! Miss me?"
Jan 04 18:30:29 <Echo> The man pauses, then raises the mic back. "TO ANY WHO ARE CONCERNED, PARANATURAL HUMANS ARE *NOT* EXCLUDED FROM THE EVACUATION EFFORT."
Jan 04 18:30:41 <Maddy> "I tink Beats' mom has the kids under control/"
Jan 04 18:30:54 <Gara> "See? It's fine."
Jan 04 18:31:04 <lurkd> Munroe filters into the amassed group whether he's wanted or not.
Jan 04 18:31:14 <jedifan> "Well, since you are the only person I've really met so far, want to be in the same group?
Jan 04 18:31:15 <jedifan> "
Jan 04 18:31:23 <Maddy> "Sure."
Jan 04 18:31:24 <Puppetmaster> "Well, I'll go with you. Then we can be executed later together." She grins.
Jan 04 18:31:28 <Ragazzo> "WHAT? PARALEGALS?"
Jan 04 18:31:40 <Ragazzo> Renton cups a hand to his ear.
Jan 04 18:31:41 <PaulS_laptop> "Lawyers go last"
Jan 04 18:31:44 <Pemander> "Paranaturals, Doctor."
Jan 04 18:31:58 <lurkd> Munroe looks at Frank. "Let's keep you quiet just in case, mate."
Jan 04 18:32:02 <Gara> "I'm a tough nut to crack."
Jan 04 18:32:03 * Roget is now known as RogetGMs
Jan 04 18:32:04 <Echo> As the man finishes his "welcome" speech, several of the troops start filtering over to the group of ten closest to the chopper. The man with the mic ducks back up the ramp, comes back down with a trio of clipboards, and joins the other troops.
Jan 04 18:32:11 <jedifan> "I have to say, the display the military guys are putting on reminds me of home."
Jan 04 18:32:17 <Ragazzo> "I see."
Jan 04 18:32:32 * RogetGMs is now known as Roget
Jan 04 18:32:38 <PaulS_laptop> "Yeah?" to the talking guy
Jan 04 18:32:40 <Ragazzo> "Thank you matthers."
Jan 04 18:32:48 <Pemander> "Matthias, Doctor."
Jan 04 18:32:49 <PaulS_laptop> Phelan
Jan 04 18:32:50 <Pemander> "My name is Matthias."
Jan 04 18:32:58 <Maddy> Jani puts her hands in her pockets, rolling luggage tied to her belt.
Jan 04 18:33:08 <Ragazzo> "Of of course."
Jan 04 18:33:13 <jedifan> "Yeah, I grew up near a base."
Jan 04 18:33:15 <Echo> As he shuffles through the papers, he keys his mic again. "AGAIN, PLEASE REMAIN PATIENT DURING THE PROCESS. WE'VE GOT ROOM FOR ALL OF YOU. SHOULD HAVE Y'ALL OUTTA HERE IN A COUPLE HOURS."
Jan 04 18:33:24 <lurkd> Munroe checks his pack and toolbox to make sure it's all secure.
Jan 04 18:33:33 <PaulS_laptop> Matt continues munching his jerky
Jan 04 18:33:42 <Maddy> Jani starts humming the farewell song again.
Jan 04 18:34:05 <jedifan> "My guess is that we should all cop a squat. No telling how long it takes to process us all."
Jan 04 18:34:36 <jedifan> Phelan promptly follows his own advice and sits on a particularly nice looking spot of ground
Jan 04 18:35:03 <Maddy> Jani sits on her luggage.
Jan 04 18:35:13 <Puppetmaster> Lilin has patience.
Jan 04 18:35:28 <Dexanote> Bridge stretches, cracking his back. "Well it's a start."
Jan 04 18:35:32 <Maddy> "Wonder if any of the soldiers are hunks."
Jan 04 18:36:02 <Puppetmaster> She looks at Jani.
Jan 04 18:36:08 <Puppetmaster> "… Probably." She shrugs.
Jan 04 18:36:15 <lurkd> "Ha, like a bloke in uniform, eh?"
Jan 04 18:36:36 <Maddy> "More like, haven't seen a dude my age in forever, untill I came here."
Jan 04 18:36:38 <Echo> The group of survivors being interviewed are directed into a straight line side by side several meters off from the main body of the survivors. One of the troops, dressed differently than the others in… blue camouflage and a surgical mask starts walking the line.
Jan 04 18:37:06 <Maddy> "Just to look at though."
Jan 04 18:37:18 <Ragazzo> Dr. Walcott stands around.
Jan 04 18:37:22 <Maddy> "Makes the wait better."
Jan 04 18:37:24 <lurkd> "Eye candy. Always good."
Jan 04 18:37:42 <PaulS_laptop> Matt observes the blue camo'd guy
Jan 04 18:37:52 <jedifan> "I'm more looking forward to a return to civilization myself."
Jan 04 18:37:55 <lurkd> "Not much to leave for the imagination though all covered in body armor."
Jan 04 18:37:59 <PaulS_laptop> "navy?" to Phelan, thumbing to the doctory guy
Jan 04 18:38:18 <Echo> The guy stops to speak shortly with the first one, check his mouth, eyes, ears… and tells him to drop his pack. The man complies, is frisked, has his bag checked, and a pistol is removed and tossed toward the side of the chopper. The pack's returned, and he's directed aboard by another of the military personnel.
Jan 04 18:38:21 <jedifan> "Probably."
Jan 04 18:38:38 <PaulS_laptop> "You catch that?"
Jan 04 18:38:39 <Gara> "That guy just got dearmed."
Jan 04 18:38:40 <Maddy> "Huh, good thing I lost all my gun like, forever ago."
Jan 04 18:38:42 <Pemander> "They're confiscating all weapons?"
Jan 04 18:38:46 <PaulS_laptop> gestures at the pistol
Jan 04 18:38:48 <Maddy> "Unsurprising."
Jan 04 18:38:53 <jedifan> "Makes sense."
Jan 04 18:38:53 <lurkd> "Shite… we're getting stripped?"
Jan 04 18:38:56 <PaulS_laptop> "I'm…not fond of that idea"
Jan 04 18:38:57 <Gara> "Yeah, not a shock, but I don't like it."
Jan 04 18:39:11 <Puppetmaster> "I… don't know about that."
Jan 04 18:39:11 <jedifan> "Don't have any weapons myself."
Jan 04 18:39:11 <Maddy> "Oh yeah…you're americans…"
Jan 04 18:39:21 <Puppetmaster> "British."
Jan 04 18:39:22 <Echo> This process is repeated down the line of the other nine over the course of several minutes, a knife here, one man gets a revolver tossed.
Jan 04 18:39:43 <jedifan> "Never had any opportunity to use them, and it didn't make sense prior to the world going nuts."
Jan 04 18:39:48 <Maddy> "Yeah be you're like, a shadow assassin."
Jan 04 18:39:53 <Gara> "I'm unarmed, I had to trade off my guns.'
Jan 04 18:39:54 <Maddy> "Different rules."
Jan 04 18:40:00 <Gara> "Food and water is nice."
Jan 04 18:40:21 <PaulS_laptop> "you can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than a kind word alone"
Jan 04 18:40:31 <jedifan> "True."
Jan 04 18:40:42 <Puppetmaster> "Fucking hell, might as well save them the time and effort."
Jan 04 18:40:43 <Maddy> "Unless you're getting on a Navy vessel."
Jan 04 18:40:59 <lurkd> "Frank, I wish you were actually here sometimes… I'd ask you to stash a few things about now. This is bloody bollocks."
Jan 04 18:41:00 <jedifan> "But you would be surprised how many house hold chemicals can be made to go boom if you need them to."
Jan 04 18:41:03 <Maddy> "Then you get farther with red hair and a charming smile?" she grins/
Jan 04 18:41:05 <Echo> The guy with the radio mic walks out into the open again. Hard to tell what he looks like, got a balaclava on, and the dude's pretty well covered in body armor.
Jan 04 18:41:09 <Puppetmaster> Lilin reaches under her shirt and produces a pistol, then into her pant leg and pulls out a garotte wire.
Jan 04 18:41:21 * Nusquam (stluser.etaidemmi.EERF.llew.desusid|seispoib#stluser.etaidemmi.EERF.llew.desusid|seispoib) has joined #afteraction
Jan 04 18:41:21 * ChanServ sets mode +a #afteraction Nusquam
Jan 04 18:41:21 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Nusquam
Jan 04 18:41:38 <PaulS_laptop> Matt's guns are pretty obvious. A slung rifle and a shotgun strapped to his pack
Jan 04 18:41:49 <Puppetmaster> Lilin's clearly unhappy about the situation.
Jan 04 18:41:51 <Dexanote> Bridge rubs his eyes, then kneels to one knee, shucking off his compoundbow, revolver, rifle, and eight hidden knives.
Jan 04 18:42:02 <Gara> "Speak softy and carry a big stick, eh?" He looks over at Matt.
Jan 04 18:42:06 <Pemander> Matthias pulls out his glock and removes the magazine.
Jan 04 18:42:31 <Echo> "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, ONE MORE THING, MY APOLOGIES, FORGOT TO MENTION, ANY WEAPONS AND AMMUNITION WILL NEED TO BE LEFT BEHIND HERE. YOU WILL BE BOARDING A UNITED STATES NAVY VESSEL STAFFED WITH A PLATOON OF COMBAT PERSONNEL."
Jan 04 18:42:44 <PaulS_laptop> "If I see far, it's because of good optics"
Jan 04 18:42:45 <lurkd> *sigh*
Jan 04 18:42:49 <Echo> "YOU'LL HAVE ALL THE PROTECTION YOU NEED UNTIL YOU GET TO WHERE WE'RE HEADED."
Jan 04 18:42:51 <jedifan> "Yep, Navy."
Jan 04 18:42:59 <Maddy> "Yeah we got it, hot stuf."
Jan 04 18:43:10 <Gara> "Yeah, we really shouldn't need the guns. If we /did/ need them, then, well, we wouldn't need them for long."
Jan 04 18:43:13 <jedifan> "I'm just glad they are letting us on board in the first place."
Jan 04 18:43:17 <PaulS_laptop> "I'd greatly prefer if I'd be getting it back once we land"
Jan 04 18:43:22 <Maddy> She winks, though she didnt say hat nearly loud enough for the dude to hear.
Jan 04 18:43:29 <Pemander> Matthias looks over at Bridge and blinks.
Jan 04 18:43:31 <lurkd> Munroe drops his compound bow, quivers, shotty, and bandoliers.
Jan 04 18:43:34 <Pemander> "That was quit ea lot."
Jan 04 18:43:53 <Echo> The guy drops his mic and heads over toward the next group of ten, repeating the process.
Jan 04 18:43:55 <Pemander> He tries to get the attention of one of the troops.
Jan 04 18:43:57 <Gara> "Christ, Bridge." John has /one/ knife.
Jan 04 18:44:09 <jedifan> "I'm surprised they aren't having the Marines handle the processing."
Jan 04 18:44:09 <Maddy> Jani has nothing.
Jan 04 18:45:08 <Maddy> She does bird calls to pass the time.
Jan 04 18:45:28 <Echo> The guy with the radio passes the notebook off to one of the other troops, slaps him on the back, and heads back over to the main body.
Jan 04 18:45:39 <Dexanote> "Can never have too many knives." He stands back up.
Jan 04 18:47:05 <Ragazzo> Renton takes out a letter opener.
Jan 04 18:47:14 <Ragazzo> "Do you think I can keep this?"
Jan 04 18:47:25 <Echo> "ALL RIGHT, PEOPLE, ONE MORE THING, AS A HEADS UP, WE'LL BE BRINGING YOU OUT IN…" He looks around, counting. "IT'S GONNA BE THREE FLIGHTS. WE'RE GONNA MOVE ABOUT FORTY OF YOU PER. DURING THE TRANSIT OF EACH GROUP, MOST OF MY TEAM WILL BE REMAINING HERE TO PROVIDE PROTECTION AS THE OTHER LEAVE."
Jan 04 18:48:36 <Maddy> "You can always ask, old timer."
Jan 04 18:48:40 <lurkd> "Can we just get this going already?"
Jan 04 18:48:53 <Gara> "We are getting it going, looks ike. It just takes time."
Jan 04 18:48:56 <Echo> "ONCE YOU GET TO THE SHIP, YOU'LL BE PROVIDED TIME TO WASH UP, ASSIGNED QUARTERS, AND GIVEN ACCESS TO THE GALLEY. TURKEY A LA KING, TONIGHT."
Jan 04 18:49:03 <Gara> "Organization and shit."
Jan 04 18:49:11 <Puppetmaster> "…"
Jan 04 18:49:15 <Puppetmaster> "Running water."
Jan 04 18:49:17 <Pemander> "Turkey a la king?"
Jan 04 18:49:19 <Puppetmaster> "Holy shit."
Jan 04 18:49:25 <Echo> A third group of ten boards the helo.
Jan 04 18:49:40 <lurkd> "Well I'm glad they are bloody hospitable to read off the bloody menu while we are rotting on this /bloody/ island."
Jan 04 18:49:49 <Echo> A fourth starts their processing, a few guys tossing out weapons ahead of time.
Jan 04 18:49:50 <Gara> "Mmmm."
Jan 04 18:49:57 <Pemander> Matthias looks at his handgun with a frown.
Jan 04 18:50:09 <Pemander> "Do you think there's any way they'll let me keep it?"
Jan 04 18:50:13 <Gara> John drops his bigass bowie knife.
Jan 04 18:50:16 <Pemander> "It's got sentimental value."
Jan 04 18:50:28 <Gara> "Sentime? Well, uh. I guess you could ask."
Jan 04 18:50:36 <PaulS_laptop> "Hide it"
Jan 04 18:50:36 <Gara> He caught off mid word.
Jan 04 18:50:45 <Gara> "Do not hide it, that is a horrible idea."
Jan 04 18:50:52 <jedifan> "I wouldn't hide it."
Jan 04 18:51:02 <Gara> "Like… it's a good idea on paper, don't get me wrong."
Jan 04 18:51:20 <PaulS_laptop> "'s what I'd do, but I'd look awful wierd with a shotgun down my pant leg"
Jan 04 18:51:22 <Maddy> "It's not ever great on paper."
Jan 04 18:51:22 <jedifan> "I would not want to see how they handle someone who can't follow simple instructions."
Jan 04 18:51:32 <Pemander> "I'm not going to try to hide it."
Jan 04 18:51:39 <Pemander> "I'll just ask them."
Jan 04 18:51:44 <Gara> "It looks /decent/ on paper."
Jan 04 18:51:49 <Maddy> "Maybe if like, you took out the firing pin or whatever?"
Jan 04 18:51:51 <jedifan> "Worst they can say is no."
Jan 04 18:51:53 <Dexanote> "… I could give it to Ivysaur to hold." Bridge pats his pocket.
Jan 04 18:51:55 <Echo> The fourth group boards a few minutes later, the ramp closes up on the assault transport, and it lifts lazily off the ground, accelerates up and ahead, makes a long, banking turn, and disappears off to the southwest.
Jan 04 18:51:59 <Puppetmaster> Lilin looks uncomfortable for a moment, then reaches under her shirt again and pulls out a polished wooden handle with a marlin spike that can fold out and what looks like a release mechanism.
Jan 04 18:52:03 <Pemander> Matthias looks at Bridge. "Would you?"
Jan 04 18:52:12 <Gara> "… They might notice the sudden Ivysaur, but why not."
Jan 04 18:52:17 <Pemander> He holds out the gun, still sans-magazine.
Jan 04 18:52:17 <Dexanote> "If he'll take it, sure."
Jan 04 18:52:22 <Puppetmaster> Lilin looks to Bridge. "Yeah, this too… Please."
Jan 04 18:52:24 <Maddy> "He's gonna have to tell them about Ivy anyhow."
Jan 04 18:52:33 <lurkd> "That leaves only a toolbox."
Jan 04 18:52:45 <Echo> After the helo takes off, the troops spread out, circling out and around the collection of survivors.
Jan 04 18:53:01 <jedifan> "I really want to know the story about how a pokemon is in this world to begin with."
Jan 04 18:53:02 <Gara> "Yeah."
Jan 04 18:53:17 <Maddy> "Maaaaagic."
Jan 04 18:53:21 <Gara> "It's a pretty okay story, actually. I'm not sure we've met, I'm Dr John Renshaw."
Jan 04 18:53:22 <Maddy> "But not really."
Jan 04 18:53:45 <jedifan> "Phelan Mchale."
Jan 04 18:53:47 <Dexanote> He pauses, taking the knife and the gun. "We have. Dr Django Bridge. Be right back."
Jan 04 18:53:57 <Gara> He was talking to Phelan.
Jan 04 18:54:05 <Dexanote> He nods to the group and quickly strolls off. When I'm back from pissing I'll be back.
Jan 04 18:54:30 <Gara> Are the soldiers facing in towards the survivors, or out away from them?
Jan 04 18:54:55 <Echo> Out away from them. It appears radio guy is wandering around the various groups, chatting with people.
Jan 04 18:56:24 <lurkd> Munroe looks a tad cross that he's going to stripped.
Jan 04 18:56:24 <Echo> He's got his rifle slung across his back.
Jan 04 18:56:36 <Dexanote> Bridge strolls back, hands in his pockets. "You guys owe him." He nods at Matthias and Lilin.
Jan 04 18:56:37 <lurkd> *be stripped.
Jan 04 18:56:49 <Puppetmaster> "Yeah, of course… Thanks."
Jan 04 18:56:53 <Pemander> "I'm sure I'll have an opportunity to return the favor."
Jan 04 18:56:55 <Pemander> "Thanks."
Jan 04 18:56:55 <PaulS_laptop> Matt is observing the radioman
Jan 04 18:56:56 <Maddy> "Is he supier grumps?"
Jan 04 18:57:03 <Echo> He turns from the ones he's talking to and heads over toward you guys just as Bridge walks up!
Jan 04 18:57:20 <Maddy> "Hey guy!" Jani waves.
Jan 04 18:57:22 <Dexanote> "No problem." He glances at Jani, then at radioguy. "Hello!!"
Jan 04 18:57:35 <Puppetmaster> "'lo."
Jan 04 18:57:40 <PaulS_laptop> Matt nods
Jan 04 18:57:42 <jedifan> "Glad to see the US military is still functioning."
Jan 04 18:57:46 <Echo> He pulls his helmet off, clips it to his vest, and smiles, visible under his balaclava. "Howdy, y'all, good to see y'all made it to the evac point."
Jan 04 18:57:53 <Gara> "Hey."
Jan 04 18:57:57 <Pemander> Matthias nods to him.
Jan 04 18:58:01 <Maddy> "To be fair, I was already living here."
Jan 04 18:58:12 <Ragazzo> Dr. Walcott is holding his letter opener. "Hello."
Jan 04 18:58:16 <Echo> He looks at Phelan. "Functionin's one word for it. We're doin' what we can."
Jan 04 18:58:23 <lurkd> "We're here… glad you blokes showed."
Jan 04 18:58:36 <Echo> "Be damn poor form if we didn't, huh?"
Jan 04 18:58:57 <Gara> "Yeah, uh, it was hard going for some of us getting here."
Jan 04 18:58:58 <lurkd> "Aye, just letting you know it's appreciated."
Jan 04 18:59:10 <Maddy> "I'm Jani."
Jan 04 18:59:15 <PaulS_laptop> "What kinda bird is that?" Matt is standing so that radioman would have to face somewhat away from bridge and the other smugglers
Jan 04 18:59:25 <Puppetmaster> "I'm just glad we're not dead."
Jan 04 18:59:50 <Gara> "I find the dead don't mind being dead too much!"
Jan 04 18:59:51 <Echo> "Well, thank ya." He smiles at Munroe politely, and offers a gloved hand to Jani. "Sergeant Mitchell."
Jan 04 19:00:00 <Echo> Over to Lilin. "Ain't we all."
Jan 04 19:00:28 <Dexanote> "Have you done this route before?"
Jan 04 19:00:37 <Echo> Mitchell looks over at Matt. "That'n there's a CH-47."
Jan 04 19:00:50 <PaulS_laptop> He nods
Jan 04 19:00:56 <Echo> Back to Bridge. "Oh, yeah, this all our particular fleet's doin' right now."
Jan 04 19:01:00 <Maddy> She shakes his hand.
Jan 04 19:01:05 <PaulS_laptop> he's got his rifle and shotgun sitting down by his pack
Jan 04 19:01:16 <Echo> "Civilian search and rescue."
Jan 04 19:01:23 <PaulS_laptop> "Wouldn't you guys normally be using 60's?"
Jan 04 19:01:33 <Puppetmaster> Lilin has a bow, a very /nice/ looking pistol, and a garotte wire.
Jan 04 19:02:12 <Echo> "Yeah, should've had a couple, but the Dunham lost hers about eight months back, I think. Needed 'em elsewhere."
Jan 04 19:02:16 <lurkd> *sigh* Munroe looks at his stash of supposed contraband he's leaving.
Jan 04 19:02:27 <Echo> "Modified the flight deck and tossed a big-ass Chinook onboard."
Jan 04 19:02:34 <PaulS_laptop> ~why does she not just have that under her belt?~
Jan 04 19:02:55 <PaulS_laptop> "Ha." he chuckles "That's gotta be a tight fit
Jan 04 19:03:06 <Pemander> Matthias tosses the magazine for his handgun on the ground. "That's all I've got with me. I've been hitting things with it."
Jan 04 19:03:35 <Puppetmaster> ~Not a lie.~
Jan 04 19:03:40 <Maddy> "Im a kiwi, we're not allowed guns."
Jan 04 19:03:53 <Gara> "I only had that knife on the ground."
Jan 04 19:04:02 <Echo> "Yeah, it's like fittin' a big ass in a pair of skinny jeans."
Jan 04 19:04:13 <Echo> Mitchell looks at the spontaneous tossing of weapons.
Jan 04 19:04:17 <Dexanote> Bridge raises an eyebrow.
Jan 04 19:04:17 <jedifan> "No weapons on me either."
Jan 04 19:04:30 <Echo> "I ain't comin' around to disarm y'all."
Jan 04 19:04:38 <Maddy> "Oh."
Jan 04 19:04:40 <Puppetmaster> "I don't know either."
Jan 04 19:04:51 <Echo> He nods at the direction the CH-47 took off in. "That's the loadmaster's concern."
Jan 04 19:05:00 <Gara> "Saves time."
Jan 04 19:05:03 <Maddy> "Oh." She shrugs. "Well then."
Jan 04 19:05:13 <Maddy> "I'll still be a kiwi when I get there."
Jan 04 19:05:13 <Pemander> "Huh."
Jan 04 19:05:22 <Pemander> Matthias shrugs and leaves the magazine on the ground.
Jan 04 19:05:43 <lurkd> "Well… at least there's a hot meal waiting."
Jan 04 19:05:44 <Echo> The guy leans in toward the collective group conspiratorially. "Hell, I've been in y'all's spot before."
Jan 04 19:05:58 <PaulS_laptop> "mn?"
Jan 04 19:06:14 <Echo> "Me bein' y'all? I'd just 'disarm' real well ahead of time."
Jan 04 19:06:15 <Gara> "Oh yeah?"
Jan 04 19:06:16 <lurkd> "Most of us are in this 'spot' aren't we?"
Jan 04 19:06:53 <Echo> "Carry somethin' so long, even if ya get frisked, it's easy to gorget ya had somethin' on ya, yeah?"
Jan 04 19:07:12 <Echo> Mitchell nods at them and wanders off to another group of waiting survivors.
Jan 04 19:07:22 <Maddy> Jani gasps and points at Mitchell as he leaves.
Jan 04 19:07:34 <Puppetmaster> Lilin reaches into a pocket inside her jacket and pulls out a mint.
Jan 04 19:07:40 <Maddy> "He's trying to get you to be /sneaky/."
Jan 04 19:07:44 <lurkd> "….shite… my flaying knives."
Jan 04 19:07:46 <Puppetmaster> Hey, where'd that garotte wire go again?
Jan 04 19:07:46 <Gara> "He is."
Jan 04 19:07:48 <PaulS_laptop> "See, told ya"
Jan 04 19:08:17 <Pemander> Matthias looks at Lilin. "You have any more of those? I've got morning breath."
Jan 04 19:08:18 <lurkd> "Well a compound bow is far from subtle."
Jan 04 19:08:19 <Dexanote> Bridge takes a deep breath, rubbing his eyes.
Jan 04 19:08:32 <Gara> "Yeah my knife is sorta a little bit large."
Jan 04 19:08:38 <Puppetmaster> Lilin looks at him a long moment.
Jan 04 19:08:45 <Ragazzo> Walcott pockets his knife opener.
Jan 04 19:08:47 <Puppetmaster> Then reluctantly gives him one.
Jan 04 19:08:51 <Maddy> "I still dont have weapons so…"
Jan 04 19:08:54 <Pemander> He smiles and pops it into his mouth.
Jan 04 19:09:06 <lurkd> Munroe chooses to retrieve his sawed shotty. "I /dont/ think I can be savy enough to get this on."
Jan 04 19:09:11 <Maddy> "I used to have a red eared slider."
Jan 04 19:09:12 <PaulS_laptop> Matt undoes his belt
Jan 04 19:09:26 <lurkd> "Unless… "
Jan 04 19:09:45 * Roget is now known as RogetGMs
Jan 04 19:09:52 <PaulS_laptop> the knife slides off, and he palms it. "huh, shoe's untied"
Jan 04 19:10:07 <Maddy> "Don't ham it up guys."
Jan 04 19:10:10 <Maddy> "That's super lame."
Jan 04 19:10:20 <Gara> "Ham what up?"
Jan 04 19:10:25 <Maddy> "I'm embarrased /for/ you.."
Jan 04 19:10:29 <Gara> John yawns.
Jan 04 19:10:33 <PaulS_laptop> "No, seriously. Look"
Jan 04 19:10:36 <Pemander> "I'm not worried about protection."
Jan 04 19:10:41 <PaulS_laptop> he boot /is/ untied
Jan 04 19:10:46 <Pemander> "The military knows how to do its job."
Jan 04 19:10:49 <PaulS_laptop> of course, he did happen to just untie it
Jan 04 19:11:17 <lurkd> "Bloody hell, I don't know how I'm going to get this on. Frank, think of something, mate. You're just staring at me."
Jan 04 19:12:29 <Echo> A short bit later, the chopper rolls back in, devoid of its cargo, touches down about where it did before, and the loadmaster and his crew step off down the ramp, along with the sailor in a surgical mask.
Jan 04 19:12:47 <lurkd> "Bugger."
Jan 04 19:13:12 <PaulS_laptop> "You know" to the radioman, "if they're gonna take my rifle, you may as well yoink it"
Jan 04 19:13:31 <Echo> They start processing the next group furthest down.
Jan 04 19:13:47 <Maddy> "Aw man, there goes Beats' mom."
Jan 04 19:13:50 <lurkd> Munroe slouches and tucks the shotty in waist of his baggy pants, practicing a believable limp to go along with it.
Jan 04 19:14:04 <Maddy> "And the kidlings." she waves to people further down the line.
Jan 04 19:14:14 <Echo> Mitchell looks over at Matthew, makes a chopping motion at his neck, and keeps going, disappearing into the back of the helo.
Jan 04 19:14:23 <lurkd> And pockets a good handful of shells in the toolbox.
Jan 04 19:14:32 <PaulS_laptop> "mn"
Jan 04 19:14:34 <Maddy> "Worth a shot."
Jan 04 19:14:45 <Echo> The elderly couple are helped aboard the helo by a pair of the Navy personnel.
Jan 04 19:15:00 <Maddy> "We;re gonna be like, the last ones out arent we?"
Jan 04 19:15:10 <lurkd> "Maybe."
Jan 04 19:15:14 <Puppetmaster> "Of course we are."
Jan 04 19:15:44 <Echo> Indeed, aside from a few stragglers off on the end that couldn't quite make ten, they're the next to last group in line.
Jan 04 19:15:45 <lurkd> Munroe files ahead with a subtle fake limp. Really trying hard not to ham it up.
Jan 04 19:16:01 <Pemander> "That's just par for the course, I think."
Jan 04 19:16:33 <Maddy> "Oh hey Beats is on this one too! And Haeata."
Jan 04 19:16:37 <Maddy> "Yay."
Jan 04 19:16:45 <Echo> A second group is ushered in by the loadmaster and corpsman after their screening
Jan 04 19:17:51 <lurkd> *limping*
Jan 04 19:18:00 <Echo> A third, and a fourth follows shortly after, leaving your group and about two dozen others.
Jan 04 19:18:26 <lurkd> Munroe snaps at Frank while whispering. "…shut it… it will so work…"
Jan 04 19:18:33 <Echo> The ramp closes again, the helo lifts off, and it makes its lazy circle, going back the way it did before.
Jan 04 19:19:36 <Echo> Mitchell wanders back over to the remainder as the other Marines take up a perimeter again. He stops by one of the other little clusters of people, chatting it up.
Jan 04 19:19:43 <Dexanote> Bridge's eyes flick to Munroe and Frank, then back to the helo.
Jan 04 19:20:00 <Maddy> "Dude stop talking to frank."
Jan 04 19:20:17 <lurkd> "Wha? Tell him that!"
Jan 04 19:20:30 <Maddy> "No one can hear him, him talking is not a problem."
Jan 04 19:20:32 <lurkd> "I just told him to shut his bloody trap."
Jan 04 19:20:34 <Pemander> "Frank. Stop talking to Frank."
Jan 04 19:20:37 * Tom90deg has quit (Broken pipe)
Jan 04 19:20:57 <lurkd> *sigh*
Jan 04 19:22:45 <Dexanote> He leans up to mutter something at Matthias.
Jan 04 19:22:48 <Echo> Mitchell whistles, currently bereft of the helo's loudspeaker. "OKAY, TO SPEED THIS UP A BIT! DO WE HAVE ANYONE HERE ON ANY SORT OF MEDICATION OR WITH A DISABILITY OR CONDITION REQUIRING TREATMENT?"
Jan 04 19:23:05 <Maddy> Jani raies her hand.
Jan 04 19:23:18 <Gara> "Uh, yeah, you might not want to have a limp, because they're going to check."
Jan 04 19:23:30 <Echo> He points at Jani. "ANYONE ELSE?"
Jan 04 19:23:41 <lurkd> Munroe raises an eyebrow at her. Then looks at John. "Fucking hell."
Jan 04 19:23:42 <Echo> "GOIN' ONCE! GOIN' TWICE!"
Jan 04 19:23:43 <Dexanote> "Nope, I'm fine." he calls out at Mitchell.
Jan 04 19:23:48 <Maddy> Corey, a normal looking whate dude raises his hand
Jan 04 19:23:53 <Maddy> *white
Jan 04 19:23:59 <Echo> He gives Bridge a thumbs up. "Glad to hear it!"
Jan 04 19:24:07 <Maddy> Corey is the most bland looking white dude you've ever seen
Jan 04 19:24:07 <Gara> "And they'll learn your bullshit, and I can't imagine that'll go wll."
Jan 04 19:24:13 <Maddy> He;s so white
Jan 04 19:24:21 <lurkd> He mutters to John. "Guess I'll just have poor posture then."
Jan 04 19:24:36 <Gara> John sighs, rubs his temples.
Jan 04 19:24:44 <Echo> "You! All right, when the helo comes back, I want you two to come right to the back with me."
Jan 04 19:24:55 <Maddy> "Kay."
Jan 04 19:25:55 <lurkd> "….*sigh*… it's not worth it. Bugger all."
Jan 04 19:25:59 <Echo> Mitchell wanders back over to you guys, thumbs tucked under his vest, drumming his fingers on the sides.
Jan 04 19:26:05 <lurkd> Munroe takes the shotty out and drops it.
Jan 04 19:26:15 <Maddy> "Am I gonna have to fill out paper work?"
Jan 04 19:26:41 <Pemander> Matthias smiles to himself and says to Mitchell, "So, hey, did you catch the game last night?"
Jan 04 19:26:50 <Pemander> "What a fiasco that was, huh?'
Jan 04 19:26:58 <Gara> "Real nailbiter."
Jan 04 19:27:05 <Echo> He checks his watch, then looks up at Jani. "Nah, Corpsman'll handle that. Just tell 'im what you're on, and - Patriots won - and they'll take care of ya on the ship."
Jan 04 19:27:07 <Puppetmaster> Lilin adjusts her belt.
Jan 04 19:27:24 <Maddy> "Oh, do I have to give up he meds I have with me?"
Jan 04 19:27:24 <PaulS_laptop> "fuck the pats"
Jan 04 19:27:32 <Echo> "Hey, fuck you man."
Jan 04 19:27:46 <Pemander> Matty laughs.
Jan 04 19:28:04 <Echo> Back to Jani. "Nah, if you've got something on ya, go ahead and keep it."
Jan 04 19:28:28 <Echo> "They just need to know so they can get a resupply from the tenders when we get back to the fleet if they ain't got it,"
Jan 04 19:28:32 <Maddy> "Cool"
Jan 04 19:29:47 <Echo> Mitchell turns around once in a circle, looking out past the roads briefly, then turns back around, trying to snap his fingers, not getting much traction.
Jan 04 19:30:07 <Echo> "So how long y'all been in this particular area?"
Jan 04 19:30:18 <Gara> "I've been here about a week."
Jan 04 19:30:21 <Pemander> "Put your middle finger of your left hand in between the thumb and middle finger of your right hand."
Jan 04 19:30:29 <Maddy> "Me, about five or six months I think."
Jan 04 19:30:33 <Gara> "Yeah I can't snap either."
Jan 04 19:30:42 <Pemander> "It lets you snap when you can't get your fingers to stick."
Jan 04 19:31:06 <lurkd> "I don't count dates… been here since autumn."
Jan 04 19:31:12 <Echo> Mitchell holds his hands up. Tactical gloves. That'll do it.
Jan 04 19:31:20 <Pemander> "Ah."
Jan 04 19:31:40 <Echo> "Y'all picked a good time to get lucky."
Jan 04 19:31:50 <PaulS_laptop> "Just got here a couple days ago. Been in country fourish years"
Jan 04 19:31:55 <Maddy> "You know why we've gotta go anyho?w?"
Jan 04 19:31:55 <Gara> "Yeah?"
Jan 04 19:32:13 <Echo> "DDG put a tac-nuke on some shit in Australia a few weeks back."
Jan 04 19:32:26 <Pemander> Matthias goes a little pale. "Really?"
Jan 04 19:32:26 <Maddy> "Oh."
Jan 04 19:32:35 <Puppetmaster> "Course they did."
Jan 04 19:33:04 <Gara> "Huh." John wonders what the hell DDG is.
Jan 04 19:33:05 <jedifan> "Please tell me they didn't end up with radioactive Godzilla?"
Jan 04 19:33:08 <Maddy> "So like, fallout wind is a concern, I guess."
Jan 04 19:33:12 <Gara> He looks ike he's trying to figure it out.
Jan 04 19:33:34 <Maddy> Meaning I'm suer we can come back assuming the situation is being monitorred or whatever, and they find it to be safe again."
Jan 04 19:33:43 <Maddy> "So that's a plus."
Jan 04 19:33:46 <Puppetmaster> Lilin knows what DDG is probably but I'm too lazy to look it up.
Jan 04 19:34:00 <Echo> "Ain't the fallout ya gotta worry about. The ones we got are pretty clean."
Jan 04 19:34:29 <Gara> "Then what do we have to worry abou?"
Jan 04 19:34:37 <lurkd> Munroe considers stashing the shotty in rolled up dirty laundry and stuffing it in his pack… but that idea quickly fades.
Jan 04 19:34:42 <Puppetmaster> "Being bombed."
Jan 04 19:34:45 <Puppetmaster> "Probably."
Jan 04 19:34:49 <Echo> "The shit we didn't get authorization to hit."
Jan 04 19:34:56 <Gara> "Fair enough."
Jan 04 19:34:56 <Maddy> "Ah."
Jan 04 19:34:58 <Puppetmaster> "Yeah, that."
Jan 04 19:35:06 <Maddy> "Well I gues Auz is kinda close."
Jan 04 19:35:07 <Gara> "Any idea what was hit?"
Jan 04 19:35:15 <Maddy> "Drop bears."
Jan 04 19:35:22 <Gara> "… Drop bears?"
Jan 04 19:35:29 <Maddy> Jani shrugs.
Jan 04 19:35:30 <Pemander> "Drop bears are a joke."
Jan 04 19:35:42 <Echo> "Wasps."
Jan 04 19:36:06 <lurkd> Still the idea nags at him quite a bit… temptation set in.
Jan 04 19:36:11 <Maddy> "Sick."
Jan 04 19:36:18 <Echo> "Big ones. Like, the size of a fuckin' VW."
Jan 04 19:36:26 <Maddy> "Sicker."
Jan 04 19:36:29 <Echo> "No shit."
Jan 04 19:36:38 <Maddy> "I fucking hate wasps."
Jan 04 19:36:43 <Gara> "Some kind of super wasp monster, or is just dropping nukes on random things for shits and giggles?"
Jan 04 19:36:46 <Gara> "Oh, yeah. OKay."
Jan 04 19:36:54 <Echo> About that time, the helo rolls back, this time, coming a little more sharply from the south.
Jan 04 19:37:35 <Maddy> "Woop! Time to go. Never ben on a helo before, or a boat." Jani starts heading to the back of the line with Corey. "See you gusy on board."
Jan 04 19:37:57 <Echo> Mitchell looks up at the helo, back to the group. "Looks like your ride's here. Jani?" He looks off to the side. "Yo! White boy with the meds!" He nods over toward the helicopter as it touches down.
Jan 04 19:38:06 <Echo> Maddy, go to #afteractionmission
Jan 04 19:38:40 <Gara> "Seeya, Jani."
Jan 04 19:38:45 <Echo> The Navy guys debark and start processing in the next group down from yours.
Jan 04 19:38:48 <Pemander> "Stay safe, Jan."
Jan 04 19:38:52 <lurkd> Munroe steps forward… looking one last time at his "contraband"
Jan 04 19:38:57 <Puppetmaster> Lilin waves to her as she walks.
Jan 04 19:39:19 <lurkd> He picks up the bow, but no arrows. "Might as well try."
Jan 04 19:40:14 <PaulS_laptop> Matt grabs his pack
Jan 04 19:40:37 <PaulS_laptop> He's really loath to leave his guns
Jan 04 19:41:15 <Echo> The group adjacent is processed in, and the loadmaster and Corpsman approach your group.
Jan 04 19:41:42 <lurkd> Munroe isn't hiding anything. He has the bow in full view.
Jan 04 19:42:22 <Pemander> Matthias waves to the loadmaster and Corpsman. "Hey."
Jan 04 19:42:23 <Gara> There's basically a pile of knives on the ground.
Jan 04 19:42:26 <Echo> The loadmaster's a big guy now that you've got a look at him. Maybe 6 feet. Looks maybe like in his late thirties, buzz cut, square jaw, going a little grey. "All right ladies and gents, same
Jan 04 19:42:40 <lurkd> He shuffles forward.
Jan 04 19:42:41 <Echo> deal as the others."
Jan 04 19:42:56 <Pemander> Matty has nothing on him.
Jan 04 19:43:22 <Echo> "Any weapons need dropped." He points at Matthew. "You there, sir, step forward?"
Jan 04 19:43:22 <PaulS_laptop> Matt's weapons are on the ground
Jan 04 19:43:25 <Puppetmaster> Lilin has nothing that they'll be able to find.
Jan 04 19:43:32 <PaulS_laptop> "Hm?"
Jan 04 19:43:38 <PaulS_laptop> He steps forward
Jan 04 19:44:21 <lurkd> "Oi, sir… what about just a bow. I don't want to make waves, mate. /But/ it's just the bow… no arrows."
Jan 04 19:44:30 <Echo> The Corpsman approaches him, checks his eyes with a light, shines it around to his ears, and pats him down, then goes through his pack. Does he have anything on him?
Jan 04 19:44:48 <PaulS_laptop> There's the knife in his boot.
Jan 04 19:44:57 <Echo> Visible?
Jan 04 19:45:12 <Dexanote> Bridge crosses his arms, looking at the loadmaster.
Jan 04 19:45:27 <PaulS_laptop> Plus a leatherman in his bag
Jan 04 19:45:27 <PaulS_laptop> the leatherman is underneith some truly foul smelling clothes
Jan 04 19:45:44 <PaulS_laptop> nothing immediately visible
Jan 04 19:45:47 <Echo> The loadmaster holds up a finger at Munroe.
Jan 04 19:45:55 <lurkd> He nods.
Jan 04 19:46:11 <Echo> The Corpsman raises an eyebrow at the pack, passes it to Matt, and points off at the helo.
Jan 04 19:46:35 <Echo> PaulS_laptop: To #afteractionmission
Jan 04 19:47:01 <Echo> The loadmaster points at Monroe. "Next."
Jan 04 19:48:10 <lurkd> He hustles forward. Toolbox in one hand, bow in the other, and a back pack. Frank moves too.
Jan 04 19:48:31 <lurkd> He smiles. Big fucking grin.
Jan 04 19:49:07 <Echo> The process is repeated on Monroe as the loadmaster stares at the bow. The Corpsman goes through the toolbox and pack after checking Munroe over.
Jan 04 19:49:30 <Echo> The loadmaster looks like he's about to say something, then looks back at the chopper and cups his hands.
Jan 04 19:49:44 <lurkd> "….."
Jan 04 19:50:14 <Echo> "MITCHELL! *HEY* *SERGEANT*. ASK THE GUY THAT JUST GOT ON IF HE'S PAPA NOVEMBER."
Jan 04 19:50:35 <Echo> Mitchell jogs down the cargo ramp, halts midstride, gives a thumbs up, and jogs back up.
Jan 04 19:50:51 <lurkd> ~papa wot?~
Jan 04 19:51:17 <Echo> The loadmaster looks back at Munroe. "Any paranatural phenomena, sir? It's not gonna get ya shut down, we just need to know."
Jan 04 19:51:29 <Puppetmaster> Lilin picks up her bow from the pile, as well, come to think of it.
Jan 04 19:52:05 <lurkd> "Um… I have an invisible /friend/ that I can only see." He tries to sound cheery about it as if he's mentally ill or something.
Jan 04 19:52:28 <Echo> "… Right." He nods toward the helo.
Jan 04 19:52:35 <Echo> "Smartass."
Jan 04 19:52:45 <Echo> He points at Bridge.
Jan 04 19:52:49 <Echo> "You're up."
Jan 04 19:52:51 <lurkd> He hustles forward. FAST.
Jan 04 19:53:03 <Dexanote> Bridge strolls over. "Hello!"
Jan 04 19:53:16 <Echo> He let him keep the bow, btw.
Jan 04 19:54:08 <Echo> "Hello, sir."
Jan 04 19:54:23 <Echo> The Corpsman gets to checking Bridge over. Any weapons?
Jan 04 19:54:56 <Echo> Mitchell shouts from over by the helo. "NOTHING TO DECLARE."
Jan 04 19:57:06 <Echo> Bridge and his child's toy are ushered off to the helo by the Corpsman.
Jan 04 19:57:12 <Dexanote> He has no weapons on him, though Ivysaur's pokeball is obviously in a coat pocket. Roughly the size of an apple.
Jan 04 19:57:17 <Echo> Ah
Jan 04 19:57:19 <Echo> There you are.
Jan 04 19:57:52 <Echo> The Corpsman removes it from his pocket, turning it over in his hands, several times almost pressing the button.
Jan 04 19:57:59 <Echo> "What the hell is this?"
Jan 04 19:58:24 <Puppetmaster> Even Lilin fucking knows what a pokeball is. Get it together corpsman.
Jan 04 19:58:37 <Dexanote> "Toy from my brother. I keep it for sentimental reasons."
Jan 04 19:58:49 <Echo> He tosses it back to Bridge.
Jan 04 19:58:59 <Dexanote> He holds out a hand, catching the ball. "It's from that Pokemon thing a few years ago. He loved them."
Jan 04 19:59:07 <Echo> Dexanote: Roll 1d10. On 1, Bridge's thumb hits the button.
Jan 04 19:59:14 <Maddy> ohgod
Jan 04 19:59:15 <Dexanote> 1d10 !!
Jan 04 19:59:16 <CROM> Dexanote: !!: 6 (1d10=6)
Jan 04 19:59:29 <Echo> He catches without disaster!
Jan 04 19:59:45 <Echo> And is nodded off toward the helo!
Jan 04 20:00:01 <Dexanote> And strolls off!
Jan 04 20:00:09 <jedifan> Phelan looks at the loadmaster
Jan 04 20:00:25 <Echo> The Navy man points at Phelan. "You're up, sir. Got any weapons to declare?"
Jan 04 20:00:48 <jedifan> "No weapons or anything like that. Just plain mundane here."
Jan 04 20:00:49 <Echo> The Corpsman starts looking him and his belongings over, checking his eyes first, as with the others.
Jan 04 20:02:42 <jedifan> "I am surprised that you guys don't have Marines screening the refugees like myself."
Jan 04 20:03:29 <Echo> "Got Marines pulling security. That's *my* helo." The Corpsman gives the loadmaster a nod.
Jan 04 20:03:35 <Echo> "You're good to go."
Jan 04 20:04:12 <Echo> He points at Ragazzo's character, Walcott.
Jan 04 20:04:25 <jedifan> Phelan nods at the Corpsman and heads to the helo.
Jan 04 20:04:57 <Ragazzo> Dr. Walcott blinked and ambulated over with his cane.
Jan 04 20:05:04 <Ragazzo> "Eh? Say again?"
Jan 04 20:05:18 <Pemander> Present tense, motherfucker.
Jan 04 20:06:13 <Echo> The Corpsman gives the old guy a summary check, rifles through his pack, and nods toward the helo.
Jan 04 20:07:03 * Tehpillowstar (PI.3BC155FE.EA7E8EA2.EF990D96|tibbiM#PI.3BC155FE.EA7E8EA2.EF990D96|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Jan 04 20:07:12 * Arag (~moc.rr.ser.xtas.205987E5-CRInys|araG#moc.rr.ser.xtas.205987E5-CRInys|araG) has joined #afteraction
Jan 04 20:08:02 <Echo> The LM points at John. "Next."
Jan 04 20:08:04 <Ragazzo> Hold up
Jan 04 20:08:09 <Arag> Holding.
Jan 04 20:08:24 <Ragazzo> Old guy has all sorts of weird shit in his pockets
Jan 04 20:08:33 <Ragazzo> And a vest full of more weird shit.
Jan 04 20:08:39 <Ragazzo> Little containers.
Jan 04 20:08:39 <Echo> Such as?
Jan 04 20:08:46 <Ragazzo> Altoids tins
Jan 04 20:08:51 * Gara has quit (Ping timeout: 186 seconds)
Jan 04 20:08:55 <Ragazzo> Little glass jars.
Jan 04 20:09:01 * Arag is now known as Gara
Jan 04 20:09:04 <Echo> The Corpsman looks a few of them over. "Uh, what's in these?"
Jan 04 20:09:17 <Ragazzo> Plastic baggies with weird…crumbly stuff.
Jan 04 20:09:34 <Ragazzo> Dude smells like onions too.
Jan 04 20:09:50 <Puppetmaster> Delicious.
Jan 04 20:09:54 <Pemander> Matthias facepalms delicately.
Jan 04 20:09:59 <Ragazzo> "Medicines."
Jan 04 20:10:05 <Ragazzo> These are not medicines.
Jan 04 20:10:21 <Gara> John mutters bullshit.
Jan 04 20:10:25 <Ragazzo> What the fuck is that a piece of burnt wood in an altoids tin?
Jan 04 20:10:54 <Ragazzo> And…there's some scales of some kind in this other pouch.
Jan 04 20:11:54 <Pemander> "Do you think maybe you could just move him along? It doesn't seem like the hard-of-hearing doctor is going to to pull out a bag of powdered milk and throw it in your face once we get going."
Jan 04 20:11:55 <Echo> "…" The Corpsman shoves it back in. Nothing looks immediately harmful?
Jan 04 20:12:14 <Echo> He nods him off toward the helo.
Jan 04 20:12:22 <Ragazzo> There's in fact powdered milk, good guess.
Jan 04 20:12:31 <Ragazzo> "Have a pleasant day."
Jan 04 20:12:41 <Echo> Matthias is up!
Jan 04 20:12:44 <Ragazzo> He ambles off.
Jan 04 20:12:56 <Pemander> He steps on forward. "No weapons, not 'paranatural'."
Jan 04 20:13:14 <Echo> The Corpsman checks him over, looking through his pack, then pats him down.
Jan 04 20:13:29 <Echo> Assuming Matthias isn't trying to hide any weapons, he's ushered off as well.
Jan 04 20:14:02 <Puppetmaster> Lilin's up. "Just have this bow and a Glock I assume I can't keep."
Jan 04 20:14:21 <Puppetmaster> "Paranatural, but nothing I could use to hurt anyone with." Usually.
Jan 04 20:14:38 <Echo> "Arrows gotta stay, bow's clean, Glock and ammo's gotta stay here."
Jan 04 20:14:53 <Echo> "Nature of the phenomenon?"
Jan 04 20:15:18 <Puppetmaster> "I can touch shadows."
Jan 04 20:15:40 <Echo> The loadmaster makes a note. "Name?"
Jan 04 20:15:54 <Puppetmaster> "Lilin Hassan."
Jan 04 20:16:12 <Echo> He writes this down as the Corpsman pats her down.
Jan 04 20:16:29 <Echo> He nods up at the loadmaster. "She's clean."
Jan 04 20:16:33 <Puppetmaster> There's nothing he'll find without a very clear case of sexual harassment.
Jan 04 20:16:51 <Echo> The loadmaster points back toward the helo behind him with a thumb.
Jan 04 20:16:57 <Puppetmaster> Lilin goes.
Jan 04 20:19:14 * lurkd has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Jan 04 20:20:47 <Echo> The loadmaster checks over a few stragglers with the Corpsman, sending them off.
Jan 04 20:22:26 <Echo> He's left with one survivor on the field, Doctor John Renshaw.
Jan 04 20:23:19 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide breathes deeply, clutching the straps of her bag in one hand, her weapon in another. She's small, Asian, in non-assuming clothing. "WAIT FOR ME!" She dashes towards the line to the helicopter.
Jan 04 20:24:02 <Echo> She's intercepted by a pair of Marines. "STOP!" One of them takes a knee, aiming at her.
Jan 04 20:25:03 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide drops her weapon, letting the rifle hang by its strap and raises her hands to her head.
Jan 04 20:25:15 <Tehpillowstar> "Don't shoot!"
Jan 04 20:25:47 <Echo> One of them approaches her as the other circles around, disconnecting the rifle. "Take a few steps back. You got any other weapons?"
Jan 04 20:26:25 <Echo> There's a commotion by the road, John. Couple of Marines disarming someone he hasn't seen before.
Jan 04 20:26:36 <Gara> John lok
Jan 04 20:27:09 <Echo> The Corpsman checks him over as the loadmaster talks. "Any weapons? Paranatural characteristics?"
Jan 04 20:27:33 <Tehpillowstar> "Pistol, in holster. Bayo—knife."
Jan 04 20:28:19 <Echo> She's disarmed, frisked, and set forward towards a pair of Navy personnel, currently busy with checking someone over.
Jan 04 20:29:37 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide grumbles. "I better get those back," and she heads towards the Navy personnel.
Jan 04 20:30:30 <Echo> The Corpsman finishes checking Renshaw over. If there are no weapons, he's waved over toward the helo.
Jan 04 20:30:39 <Gara> No weapons!
Jan 04 20:31:21 <Echo> The two Navy guys stare at Adelaide as she approaches. "Looks like it's your lucky day. Any paranatural characteristics?"
Jan 04 20:32:20 <Echo> The Marines start closing in their perimeter, tightening in around the helo.
Jan 04 20:32:24 <Tehpillowstar> "Corpsmen. Uh…" Adelaide removes her right glove and shows the golden wires imbedded into her right hand.
Jan 04 20:33:03 <Echo> The Corpsman's eyes go wide. "Jesus… what the hell is that?"
Jan 04 20:34:07 <Tehpillowstar> "It's….a thing. Magical doohickey. Do I get my weapons back?"
Jan 04 20:35:15 <Echo> "No. You'd better hurry. We're about to leave." He nods toward the helo.
Jan 04 20:35:24 <Echo> "Name?"
Jan 04 20:36:16 <Tehpillowstar> "Corporal Adelaide Choi, USMC."
Jan 04 20:36:32 <Echo> The loadmaster makes an annotation in his notebook and starts off, circling a hand over his head.
Jan 04 20:36:39 <Echo> The Marines outside start peeling off…
Jan 04 19:39:47 <Echo> Mitchell waves Jani up into the chopper along with Corey, tossing her a clipboard with a pen attached. "Write your shit down, name, and then pass it off to him."
Jan 04 19:40:31 * Dexanote (retsboldiuqS.susreV.ecafeltruT.dnA.barct|F.woN#retsboldiuqS.susreV.ecafeltruT.dnA.barct|F.woN) has joined #afteractionmission
Jan 04 19:40:31 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Dexanote
Jan 04 19:40:32 <Maddy> "I was lied to…" she starts fillinf out the thing, and passes it to Corey. Corey writes like, a book of medications.
Jan 04 19:46:43 * PaulS_laptop (natsigryk.ni.evac|46c#natsigryk.ni.evac|46c) has joined #afteractionmission
Jan 04 19:46:43 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to PaulS_laptop
Jan 04 19:46:53 <PaulS_laptop> Matt takes his bag and boards
Jan 04 19:47:25 <Maddy> Jani waves. Corey flinches, moving as far away from the others as he can.
Jan 04 19:49:17 <PaulS_laptop> Matt waves and moves to take a seat nearish the people already on board
Jan 04 19:51:10 * lurkd (PI.D70B510C.CD527FFC.BA07CB2D|tibbiM#PI.D70B510C.CD527FFC.BA07CB2D|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
Jan 04 19:51:56 <Echo> Mitchell wanders back on board and points at Matt. "Yo, dude, can you make fireballs, go invisible, any shit like that?"
Jan 04 19:53:00 <PaulS_laptop> "Nope."
Jan 04 19:53:13 <PaulS_laptop> "Wish I could, but I'm about as normal as you're gonna get"
Jan 04 19:53:24 <Echo> "Copy that."
Jan 04 19:53:29 <lurkd> Munroe hustles in and sits with a big compound bow and toolbox in lap.
Jan 04 19:53:56 <Echo> He looks over at Jani. "Yo, Jani. You?"
Jan 04 19:54:07 <Maddy> "Nope."
Jan 04 19:54:36 <Echo> He gives her a thumbs up, and disappears back down the ramp.
Jan 04 19:55:09 <lurkd> He nods at Frank who's standing in the corner.
Jan 04 19:55:36 <lurkd> "Have we met, mate?" He looks at Matt.
Jan 04 19:58:00 <PaulS_laptop> "Don't think so. Matt Quigley. You're Frank?"
Jan 04 19:58:40 <lurkd> "Well… *ahem*… I'm Munroe… Frank is another bloody cup of tea I'm afraid."
Jan 04 19:58:58 <lurkd> He extends his hand. "Munroe Vickers."
Jan 04 19:59:19 <PaulS_laptop> He shakes
Jan 04 19:59:23 <lurkd> He's still stoked about keeping the bow is why he's all cheery.
Jan 04 19:59:27 <PaulS_laptop> "Pleasedtameetcha"
Jan 04 19:59:46 <PaulS_laptop> "Nice score getting the bow on."
Jan 04 19:59:47 <lurkd> "Likewise, mate."
Jan 04 20:00:07 <Dexanote> Bridge strolls up!
Jan 04 20:00:12 <Maddy> "Heya."
Jan 04 20:00:19 <lurkd> "Too right. Glad I kept /something/."
Jan 04 20:00:20 <PaulS_laptop> "Wish I coulda brought my rifle"
Jan 04 20:00:33 <lurkd> "What was it?"
Jan 04 20:01:25 <PaulS_laptop> "A Savage lightweight Varminter. I'd had it since before things went to shit"
Jan 04 20:01:58 <lurkd> "Bollocks that is. Sorry, mate."
Jan 04 20:02:38 <PaulS_laptop> "Hopefully I can snag another, or an M4 or something"
Jan 04 20:02:51 <PaulS_laptop> "Was a good piece all around though."
Jan 04 20:03:01 <lurkd> Frank moves over to Munroe, but he shoos him back into the corner where there's a smidgen of space he can occupy.
Jan 04 20:03:35 <lurkd> "An M4 will do nice. Still, it's the sentimentality I imagine."
Jan 04 20:04:55 <jedifan> Phelan walks into the helo and looks for the nearest open seat
Jan 04 20:05:50 <PaulS_laptop> "The sentimentality, and the utility. Silencer makes up for a lot"
Jan 04 20:06:06 <lurkd> "Aye, it does."
Jan 04 20:07:14 * Arag (~moc.rr.ser.xtas.205987E5-CRInys|araG#moc.rr.ser.xtas.205987E5-CRInys|araG) has joined #afteractionmission
Jan 04 20:07:31 * Tehpillowstar (PI.3BC155FE.EA7E8EA2.EF990D96|tibbiM#PI.3BC155FE.EA7E8EA2.EF990D96|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
Jan 04 20:07:50 <lurkd> "I'm a sure a hot meal will help sooth that bloody 'artbreak, mate."
Jan 04 20:07:59 <lurkd> *soothe
Jan 04 20:08:16 <Maddy> "Turkey Ala King! Leftovers from Christmas, no doubt."
Jan 04 20:08:51 * Gara has quit (Ping timeout: 186 seconds)
Jan 04 20:08:57 <PaulS_laptop> "Ain't had turkey since leaving the states"
Jan 04 20:09:01 * Arag is now known as Gara
Jan 04 20:09:13 <lurkd> "Not complaining, totty." He smiles at Jani.
Jan 04 20:09:41 <lurkd> And pats his compund bow.
Jan 04 20:09:42 <Maddy> "Hehehe."
Jan 04 20:12:12 <lurkd> "Also, I didn't know you were sick, Jani."
Jan 04 20:12:22 <lurkd> He looks kinda serious.
Jan 04 20:12:30 <lurkd> "You alright?"
Jan 04 20:13:09 <Maddy> "Nah, not sick."
Jan 04 20:13:27 <Maddy> "Just like a genetic thing, I guess?"
Jan 04 20:13:44 <lurkd> "Is it bad?"
Jan 04 20:13:50 <Pemander> Matthias steps into the helo and finds a seat, then straps himself in.
Jan 04 20:14:14 <Maddy> "Nope, even without my meds I'm ok. It's more of a distraction than anything."
Jan 04 20:14:37 <Pemander> "I made it. It's good thing they didn't check under my shirt and find my third arm."
Jan 04 20:15:01 <Maddy> "Hehe, third arm."
Jan 04 20:15:48 <Dexanote> Bridge straps in.
Jan 04 20:15:56 <Pemander> "I've been accused of having a third leg, too, but that one is normal."
Jan 04 20:16:13 <Maddy> "…hehe."
Jan 04 20:17:03 <Puppetmaster> Lilin boards.
Jan 04 20:17:04 <Echo> "Story of my life."
Jan 04 20:17:07 <Pemander> "Sorry, just trying to ease the tension."
Jan 04 20:17:27 <Echo> Mitchell wanders over, passing out life vests.
Jan 04 20:17:31 <Dexanote> "Hhhh." Bridge wipes his face. "Well, it's working."
Jan 04 20:17:43 <lurkd> Munroe laughs at Jani's quip.
Jan 04 20:17:48 <lurkd> "Alright then.
Jan 04 20:17:55 <Maddy> Jani puts her vest on.
Jan 04 20:17:58 <Pemander> Matty takes one and starts putting it on.
Jan 04 20:18:05 <lurkd> "Ah, the shady lady kept her bow too."
Jan 04 20:18:19 <lurkd> "Good on you."
Jan 04 20:18:20 <Puppetmaster> "If we're allowed to, why the hell not?"
Jan 04 20:18:34 <lurkd> "Glad I asked first then."
Jan 04 20:19:10 <lurkd> Munroe rests his head back.
Jan 04 20:19:14 * lurkd has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Jan 04 20:21:04 <jedifan> Phelan just relaxes in his seat.
Jan 04 20:21:04 <Echo> Several of the remnant board behind Lilin, carrying small packs of their own.
Jan 04 20:21:49 <Maddy> "Look!" Jani points at a kid. "Still one kidling."
Jan 04 20:21:56 <Maddy> "She's a cutie."
Jan 04 20:23:12 <Puppetmaster> Lilin puts on the vest and chills.
Jan 04 20:30:09 <Dexanote> Bridge puts on his vest, making sure Ivysaur's ball is nestled safely in his coat.
Jan 04 20:33:30 <Maddy> "Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm."
Jan 04 20:33:59 <Gara> John walks up and sets down.
Jan 04 20:34:07 <Gara> "Some chick /just/ got here in time."
Jan 04 20:34:26 <Puppetmaster> "Sooooooome kind of fucking luck."
Jan 04 20:34:32 <Puppetmaster> "Good on her."
Jan 04 20:34:35 <Maddy> "Maybe she's magic."
Jan 04 20:34:40 <Maddy> "Luck magic."
Jan 04 20:34:44 <Echo> Mitchell wanders back toward the rear of the helo from the front, sits down behind the cargo ramp, straps himself to the deck with shock cord, and scoots in behind the machine gun affixed to the deck.
Jan 04 20:34:50 <Gara> "Hey, why not?"
Jan 04 20:34:52 <Puppetmaster> Magic of being fashionably late?
Jan 04 20:34:56 <Puppetmaster> " "
Jan 04 20:34:59 <Maddy> "Maybe."
Jan 04 20:36:59 <Echo> The Marine racks the charging handle on the machine gun as a dozen others jog up the ramp toward the front of the helo and buckle in.
Jan 04 20:37:15 <Pemander> "Well, here we go."
Jan 04 20:37:16 <Echo> The loadmaster and Corpsman board.
Jan 04 20:37:58 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide boards, now weaponless. She puts her glove back on her right hand, thinking of Star Wars as she does this.
Jan 04 20:38:16 <Echo> A few seconds later, the lights in the cargo bay go out, the engines start whining louder, almost deafening, and the cargo ramp raises a bit.
Jan 04 20:38:27 * Nusquam (stluser.etaidemmi.EERF.llew.desusid|seispoib#stluser.etaidemmi.EERF.llew.desusid|seispoib) has joined #afteractionmission
Jan 04 20:38:27 * ChanServ sets mode +a #afteractionmission Nusquam
Jan 04 20:38:27 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Nusquam
Jan 04 20:39:44 <Maddy> "Oh man." Jani hugs her luggage.
Jan 04 20:39:49 <Pemander> "I probably should have mentioned this earlier, but I hate flying."
Jan 04 20:39:55 <Pemander> Matthias clutches his seat tightly.
Jan 04 20:39:56 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide looks for an empty seat.
Jan 04 20:40:08 <Echo> Another voice crackles over the internal speakers. "Ladies and gentlement, this is Lieutenant Neil Keller. We've got about a half-hour flight to the USS Jason Dunham. An in-flight meal will be provided. I'll ask that you turn off any and all electronic devices, and that you remain seated and strapped in until the seatbelt sign goes off."
Jan 04 20:40:12 <Maddy> "Hey lady! Over here!"
Jan 04 20:40:45 <Maddy> Theres a seat by the weird kiwi with messy read blonf hair.
Jan 04 20:41:07 <Echo> The pilot keeps rattling off. "I'll ask that you keep all tray tables locked and upright, and that you refrain from smoking. Thanks for flying US Navy Air."
Jan 04 20:41:09 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide hesitates, then sits next to the weird kiwi girl.
Jan 04 20:41:34 <Gara> "Ha ha."
Jan 04 20:41:34 <Echo> With the, the rotors get power dumped to them, and the helo shakily and heavily lifts off into the air.
Jan 04 20:41:37 <Tehpillowstar> She sets her seabag at her legs and straps in.
Jan 04 20:41:40 <Puppetmaster> Lilin's somewhere relatively near Jani.
Jan 04 20:42:05 <Gara> John is wherever.
Jan 04 20:42:17 <Gara> Nearish the group.
Jan 04 20:42:20 <Maddy> "Oh man never flown before.
Jan 04 20:42:21 <Maddy> "
Jan 04 20:42:28 <Gara> "No?"
Jan 04 20:42:29 <Dexanote> Bridge is by a window. He is not looking out the window.
Jan 04 20:42:34 <Tehpillowstar> Is there's a window nearby, Adelaide looks out.
Jan 04 20:42:50 <Echo> The helo banks sharply left, traveling far more quickly and with greater agility than its gigantic form would suggest it's capable of.
Jan 04 20:43:47 <Maddy> "Aaaaaahhhh." :D
Jan 04 20:43:59 <Pemander> Matthias shudders.
Jan 04 20:44:06 <Pemander> His hands are dug into the seat beneath him.
Jan 04 20:44:16 <jedifan> Phelan just enjoys the ride, pretending its a rollercoaster.
Jan 04 20:44:18 <Echo> They angle south, gaining altitude quickly. Anyone toward the rear by Mitchell can see they're hundreds of feet up already.
Jan 04 20:44:27 <Puppetmaster> Lilin seems perfectly at home.
Jan 04 20:44:30 <Dexanote> Bridge looks directly ahead of him.
Jan 04 20:44:36 <Dexanote> He does not move. He does not breathe.
Jan 04 20:44:37 <Tehpillowstar> A small smile appears on Adelaide's mouth.
Jan 04 20:45:02 <Echo> They start seeing lights out the windows and out the back as they pass over Christchurch.
Jan 04 20:45:24 <Maddy> "Oh hey, there's people."
Jan 04 20:45:32 <Gara> "Yeah."
Jan 04 20:45:48 <Maddy> "Guess some people stayed after all."
Jan 04 20:46:37 <Puppetmaster> "Hope not."
Jan 04 20:47:45 <Maddy> "Eh, if they wanna take on killer wasps…"
Jan 04 20:47:57 <Echo> There's a series of metal on metal panging sounds. One's particularly loud. The loadmaster, standing by the rear near Mitchell and clipped in to a wall hook crumples to the deck.
Jan 04 20:48:02 <Echo> Lilin's sprayed with something hot and vaguely tacky feeling.
Jan 04 20:48:34 <Pemander> "…"
Jan 04 20:48:34 <Puppetmaster> Lilin knows what that is. It's pretty familiar.
Jan 04 20:48:40 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide's head suddenly turns to the back. "Shit!"
Jan 04 20:48:48 <Pemander> Matthias looks over at the loadmaster and blinks.
Jan 04 20:48:59 <Echo> Before anything else can happen, the helo banks sharply, and the guns on the shoulders and tail of the helo light up, filling the bay with the deafening sound of machine gun fire
Jan 04 20:49:15 <jedifan> Phelan suddenly stops enjoying the ride.
Jan 04 20:49:19 <Puppetmaster> Lilin covers her ears to offer some form of protection.
Jan 04 20:49:23 <PaulS_laptop> "Oh god dammit!"
Jan 04 20:49:25 <Dexanote> "OF COURSE." Bridge finally breathes, pressing into his seat.
Jan 04 20:49:28 <Gara> John doesn't even bother.
Jan 04 20:49:35 <Dexanote> "I knew it was coming I KNEW it."
Jan 04 20:49:35 <jedifan> Phelan covers his ears as well.
Jan 04 20:50:02 <Tehpillowstar> "Fuck!" Adelaide covers her ears but can't help but keep looking out the window.
Jan 04 20:50:02 <jedifan> "Its sad how short a distance it is between civility and barbarism."
Jan 04 20:50:02 <Puppetmaster> "Fucking hell. Hang on, kids!"
Jan 04 20:50:14 <Pemander> "Nooo, no. No. This can't be happening."
Jan 04 20:50:17 <jedifan> "Why on earth would they be shooting at us?
Jan 04 20:50:17 <Maddy> "What the hell is going on."
Jan 04 20:50:19 <jedifan> "
Jan 04 20:50:41 <Maddy> "Violent sods." says a ornery looking older man.
Jan 04 20:50:55 <Echo> The clanging and panging sounds continue, little holes appearing throughout the floor. One of the holes happens to go through a hydraulic line, spraying the fluid through the cargo bay. The machine guns keep chattering for a moment, then the one on the right hand side goes silent, the Marine manning it dropping to the deck.
Jan 04 20:50:56 <Maddy> "You couldn't just let us leave." he shakes his fist
Jan 04 20:51:16 <Pemander> He shakes his head rapidly and grips his seat tighter.
Jan 04 20:51:21 <Puppetmaster> Lilin tries to see if there's any parachutes… Of course not, it's a cargo bay.
Jan 04 20:51:23 * Ragazzo (~ten.labolgcbs.ackorf.deepsthgil.D879C977-CRInys|majmals#ten.labolgcbs.ackorf.deepsthgil.D879C977-CRInys|majmals) has joined #afteractionmission
Jan 04 20:51:26 <Echo> There's a boom that sounds like it comes from above them, toward the back, the dim red running lights waver, go out…
Jan 04 20:51:31 <Echo> The helo shudders.
Jan 04 20:51:33 <Gara> "Okay, we'll be fine."
Jan 04 20:51:38 <PaulS_laptop> "Hey guys!" yelled up towards the loadmaster etc. YOU GOTTA LEA-oh shit"
Jan 04 20:51:39 <Echo> Then the lights come back on, and it stabilizes.
Jan 04 20:51:40 <Ragazzo> Walcott wakes up with a snort.
Jan 04 20:51:56 <jedifan> "That was too close."
Jan 04 20:52:07 <Maddy> "Aaaaaah." D:
Jan 04 20:52:21 <Tehpillowstar> "…"
Jan 04 20:52:22 <Ragazzo> He looks around blinking.
Jan 04 20:52:33 <Ragazzo> Pats himself down for his glasses.
Jan 04 20:52:41 <Ragazzo> Rummage…rummage…rummage…
Jan 04 20:52:51 <PaulS_laptop> He catches himself again. "You gotta hydraulic leak!"
Jan 04 20:52:56 <Pemander> "…whew."
Jan 04 20:53:11 <Ragazzo> He puts on his glasses.
Jan 04 20:53:12 <Puppetmaster> Lilin has some limited training for these kinds of situations and does whatever's appropriate.
Jan 04 20:53:14 <Ragazzo> Looks around.
Jan 04 20:53:15 <Echo> The Corpsman's by the Marine that's down by the gun, hands pressed over a hole in his neck. He screams something up to the pilot.
Jan 04 20:53:16 <Pemander> "A hydraulic leak. What does that mean?"
Jan 04 20:53:27 <Ragazzo> "Oh dear…"
Jan 04 20:53:49 <Puppetmaster> "It means we might be fucked."
Jan 04 20:54:02 <Maddy> "John! Do something, Guys he's a magic doctor!"
Jan 04 20:54:06 <Gara> How close is the shot guy to John?
Jan 04 20:54:08 <Maddy> "Maaaagiiiic."
Jan 04 20:54:09 <Echo> The crew chief unclips from his harness, hustling over toward the hydraulic line.
Jan 04 20:54:25 <Echo> Not far. Wouldn't be much to do something about it.
Jan 04 20:54:30 <Gara> Awesome.
Jan 04 20:54:38 <Echo> As the chief reaches the line, the spray of fluid stops.
Jan 04 20:54:47 <Gara> 4df+4 John works to close the hole in his neck.
Jan 04 20:54:48 <CROM> Gara: John works to close the hole in his neck.: 5 (4df+4=+, 0, -, +)
Jan 04 20:54:48 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide reaches to unclip herself. "You guys need any help?" She calls to the corpsmen.
Jan 04 20:54:50 <Pemander> "I don't know what to do right now. Is there anything I can do? Should I do something?" Matthias looks around to everyone else.
Jan 04 20:54:56 <Echo> And the helo's engines start rattling.
Jan 04 20:55:09 <Gara> His eyes and hands are sorta glowing a little.
Jan 04 20:55:16 <Gara> Blue.
Jan 04 20:55:16 <Maddy> "I dont know if pastoring or math are gonna help us here."
Jan 04 20:55:17 <Dexanote> "Pray." Bridge says all so dramatically.
Jan 04 20:55:25 <Maddy> "We're not great."
Jan 04 20:55:29 <Echo> "Yeah! Keep pressure on his neck! I gotta get my bag!"
Jan 04 20:55:35 <Pemander> Matthias immediately folds his hands, and then hesitates and stops.
Jan 04 20:55:45 <Puppetmaster> Lilin makes sure she's free of her seat if she needs to be.
Jan 04 20:55:51 <Dexanote> Bridge stares at the loadmaster, unable to move.
Jan 04 20:55:59 <Puppetmaster> "I'm guessing we don't have enough parachutes."
Jan 04 20:56:01 <Echo> Christchurch is left behind as they pass over the beach.
Jan 04 20:56:07 <PaulS_laptop> "Please tell me tis shit's redundant" to the loadmaster. He's gonna let the docs do their shit
Jan 04 20:56:24 <Ragazzo> Walcott peers about
Jan 04 20:56:32 <Gara> John unclips, and moves over, and gets his hands close to the guys neck.
Jan 04 20:56:38 <Maddy> Haeata and Beats are chanting something.
Jan 04 20:57:14 <Gara> And the bullet hole in his neck starts to close itself, pushing the bullet out if it was left inside. He is focused on the guy, staring at him.
Jan 04 20:57:23 <Echo> There's a terrible wrenching sound above them. Metal twisting. Coming apart violently.
Jan 04 20:57:25 <Echo> Pause.
Jan 04 20:57:36 <PaulS_laptop> "That's…not a good sound"
Jan 04 20:57:57 <Echo> There's a lurch to the aircraft's flight. And then it's all quiet.
Jan 04 20:58:11 <jedifan> "Brace!"
Jan 04 20:58:13 <Echo> As Renshaw stares at the Marine, he opens his eyes.
Jan 04 20:58:15 <Echo> PAUSer
Jan 04 20:58:19 <Echo> *PAUSE
Jan 04 20:58:52 <Echo> For a moment, the Marine seems to float.
Jan 04 20:59:08 <Echo> Then Renshaw realizes he's floating with the Marine.
Jan 04 20:59:25 <Echo> The entire aircraft twists sideways.
Jan 04 20:59:50 <Echo> Jani, for a split second, can see one of the rotors flying away to the side out the window opposite her.
Jan 04 21:00:26 <Pemander> Matthias' face becomes considerably lighter.
Jan 04 21:00:33 <Echo> The body of the loadmaster is flung out the back as the craft starts spinning wildly.
Jan 04 21:01:32 <Echo> And then they strike the sea.
Jan 04 21:01:43 <Ragazzo> Walcott looks like a frightened old man.
Jan 04 21:01:44 <Echo> Go.
Jan 04 21:01:58 <Gara> John checks the guy, is he still alive?
Jan 04 21:02:13 <Ragazzo> He fumbles with his seatbelt/harness.
Jan 04 21:02:17 <jedifan> Phelan unbuckles from his seat and heads out the back where he saw an exit
Jan 04 21:02:17 <Pemander> Matthias lurches forward from the impact and looks around in a panic for a moment before frantically unbuckling himself from his seat.
Jan 04 21:02:19 <Echo> Strange, John, you're not even in the aircraft anymore.
Jan 04 21:02:26 <Puppetmaster> Lilin disappeared. Those paying attention will note her shadow's still present on her seat.
Jan 04 21:02:28 <Gara> Oh. Where is he?
Jan 04 21:02:44 <Gara> Is it the ocean?
Jan 04 21:02:56 <Puppetmaster> She stands and walks a little, then reappears.
Jan 04 21:03:10 <Puppetmaster> She helps people get out of their seats.
Jan 04 21:03:22 <Pemander> "Anyone unconscious?"
Jan 04 21:03:30 <Tehpillowstar> Training kicks in. Adelaide unclips her hardness and slings her seabag on her back, unclips Jani. How quickly are they sinking?
Jan 04 21:03:30 <Echo> Outside in the ocean somewhere it would seem. The helo starts sinking almost immediately.
Jan 04 21:03:39 <Maddy> Jani's undoing her belts as fast as she can, but immediately starts singing cause of the weight of her luggage tied to her belt. "Blblblblbbblblblb"
Jan 04 21:03:51 <Gara> "This is bad." John nods to himself, and swims at the shore.
Jan 04 21:03:52 <Pemander> Matty checks the helo for anyone who isn't dead but isn't moving either, then realizes he doesn't have any fucking time at all.
Jan 04 21:03:54 <Echo> People are unbuckling, rushing for the rear exit.
Jan 04 21:04:05 <Pemander> The heads for the exit with everyone else.
Jan 04 21:04:26 <Tehpillowstar> Ah. Adelaide takes a deep breath, ready to hold it once her head goes under, Where's the previously injured marine?
Jan 04 21:04:27 <Pemander> Actually, scratch that, he helps Jani unclip her luggage.
Jan 04 21:04:32 <Puppetmaster> Lilin helps as many people as she can before she has to book it.
Jan 04 21:04:36 <Maddy> Corey has a panic attack and soon disappears under the water.
Jan 04 21:04:44 <Echo> As people make it out, they can see… Jesus, they're almost a kilometer off-shore.
Jan 04 21:04:47 <Ragazzo> Dr. Walcott snatches his cane and pushes for the exit.
Jan 04 21:04:49 <Pemander> "You might have to leave this behind," he says, his voice shaking.
Jan 04 21:04:54 <Ragazzo> But he isn't so fast.
Jan 04 21:05:02 <Echo> Adelaide's search is fruitless.
Jan 04 21:05:02 <Maddy> She nods thankfully to Matty as she starts to claw her way back to air.
Jan 04 21:05:19 <Maddy> She keeps her blackpack though.
Jan 04 21:05:24 <Pemander> Matthias ducks under the water and looks down for Corey.
Jan 04 21:05:44 <Maddy> Strange…Corey's just…gone..
Jan 04 21:06:00 <Tehpillowstar> ~Sorry mate…~ Adelaide evacuates asap, holding her breath and swimming out of the helicopter, to the surface of the water.
Jan 04 21:06:04 <Puppetmaster> Lilin takes a last look for any stragglers left behind and still moving.
Jan 04 21:06:04 <PaulS_laptop> Matt is unclipped and swimming upward
Jan 04 21:06:07 <Echo> Matthias does, however, spot Mitchell. He's still strapped to the helo's deck.
Jan 04 21:06:17 <Dexanote> Bridge surfaces, trying to come down from a panic. He spits up a pile of water, then lurches, vomitting behind himself.
Jan 04 21:06:19 <Echo> And not moving.
Jan 04 21:06:23 <Pemander> "…" He pauses for a moment, bubbles trailing up to the surface of the water from his mouth, then starts swimming down toward Mitchell.
Jan 04 21:06:30 <PaulS_laptop> is the loadmaster or anybody else floating frrom their automatic life jackets?
Jan 04 21:06:36 <Pemander> Can I get an agility check to quickly unclip him?
Jan 04 21:06:40 <Maddy> Jani surfaces and looks around for other people.
Jan 04 21:06:48 <Echo> There are a number of people floating. Not all of them moving.
Jan 04 21:06:53 <jedifan> Phelan is at the surface and looks to see if he can spot any wreckage that is floating and might be useful.
Jan 04 21:07:03 <Maddy> She starts to swim around flipping people so they're not face down.
Jan 04 21:07:06 <Echo> The loadmaster's nowhere to be seen, not that it's easy to see much of anything as dark as it is.
Jan 04 21:07:24 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide swims towards the nearest not-moving person and checks for life signs. "Anyone got light magic?"
Jan 04 21:07:25 <Echo> Pemander: You're good.
Jan 04 21:07:32 <PaulS_laptop> Matt swims over to a floating body, to use it to assist his own floating
Jan 04 21:07:33 <Gara> John focused on getting to shore. He can't help them now. If they survive to shore, he can help them.
Jan 04 21:08:10 <PaulS_laptop> he fumbles through the guy's stuff to recover gear, float himself and get his gun
Jan 04 21:08:40 <Echo> Nothing in the man's hands, it would seem.
Jan 04 21:08:44 <Ragazzo> Old doctor dude looks for something that isn't a body to cling too.
Jan 04 21:08:53 <Maddy> Jani starts swimming for sore, ending up wth kid and dad, helping them cause kid apparently cant swim.
Jan 04 21:09:06 <PaulS_laptop> strapped to him, anyway
Jan 04 21:09:11 <Puppetmaster> Lilin starts swimming, helping people if she gets a chance.
Jan 04 21:09:33 <Pemander> Matty unhooks the carabiner or whatever would be used to attach Mitchell to the deck, then links his arm under Mitchell's shoulder and starts trying to swim up out of the exit.
Jan 04 21:10:23 <Pemander> He's running out of air quickly and doesn't think he'll be able to get to the surface with more than one person. He might not even be able to get to the surface with one.
Jan 04 21:11:15 <Echo> Mtichell's vest suddenly inflates, helping Matty's efforts.
Jan 04 21:11:44 <Tehpillowstar> 4df+3 Adelaide wills it to be, pouring energy to make a flare, a little ball of golden-white light, like an incandescant light, but much brighter.
Jan 04 21:11:45 <CROM> Tehpillowstar: Adelaide wills it to be, pouring energy to make a flare, a little ball of golden-white light, like an incandescant light, but much brighter.: 3 (4df+3=-, -, +, +)
Jan 04 21:12:06 <Puppetmaster> Lilin just swims and hopes she's not bleeding.
Jan 04 21:12:11 <Pemander> Matty's head bursts out from underwater and he inhales deeply while using Mitchell and his life vest to keep him afloat.
Jan 04 21:12:29 <Tehpillowstar> What can now be seen?
Jan 04 21:12:31 <Maddy> Jani finally gets to shore with Not-Lee and Not-Clem.
Jan 04 21:13:21 <Ragazzo> Old man doctor is clinging to something and trying to not drown. He seems dazed.
Jan 04 21:13:28 <jedifan> Phelan is swimming around, looking for survivors, trying to loot anything that non survivors are carrying.
Jan 04 21:13:29 <Pemander> He looks down at the quickly sinking helo and decides nothing much can be done without getting himself killed. He arranges Mitchell so that he's facing upward and then aligns his floating body so that he is perpendicular to Matty's own, then starts kick-paddling toward the shore.
Jan 04 21:14:11 <Echo> It's a long swim for everyone involved.
Jan 04 21:14:36 <Dexanote> Bridge is laboriously swimming to shore, looking over his shoulder to Matty and Mitchell. He's quite shaken up, but thankfully is light enough for his lifevest to keep him afloat.
Jan 04 21:14:47 <jedifan> Phelan starts swimming to shore after searching and scavenging.
Jan 04 21:14:53 <Echo> The people unencumbered by another person make it there sooner, but no one's much drowning thanks to the life vests.
Jan 04 21:15:08 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide searches for survivors, and loots bodies "Sorry man, Didn't deserve this." She whispers as she searches a body.
Jan 04 21:15:20 <jedifan> Phelan takes a survivor with him.
Jan 04 21:15:27 <Maddy> Adelaide! Agility to miss somthing coming up under you
Jan 04 21:15:39 <Tehpillowstar> 6df+3 oshit
Jan 04 21:15:40 <CROM> Tehpillowstar: oshit: 0 (6df+3=0, -, -, 0, -, 0)
Jan 04 21:15:43 <Puppetmaster> Lilin focuses on getting herself to shore before fatigue sets in.
Jan 04 21:15:46 <Dexanote> 4df here
Jan 04 21:15:46 <Tehpillowstar> whoops
Jan 04 21:15:46 <CROM> Dexanote: here: 1 (4df=-, +, 0, +)
Jan 04 21:15:52 <Tehpillowstar> 4df+3 GODDAMN YOU FR
Jan 04 21:15:53 <CROM> Tehpillowstar: GODDAMN YOU FR: 3 (4df+3=0, 0, -, +)
Jan 04 21:16:44 <Maddy> You get out of the wya fo a greyish bluish chick with a voldermort nose popping out of the water with Corey.
Jan 04 21:16:54 <Echo> Lilin makes it after no small amount of travail, finally feeling sand under her feet and hands.
Jan 04 21:17:05 <Gara> John makes it to shore?
Jan 04 21:17:11 <Maddy> "You need a lift?" she has pointy teeth.
Jan 04 21:17:23 <Tehpillowstar> O_O "Shit!" Is there really anything to do left at the helicopter site?
Jan 04 21:17:28 <Puppetmaster> She stumbles along and coughs up about an eighth of a liter of seawater.
Jan 04 21:17:36 <Pemander> Matty and Mitchell eventually get to shore as well. Matthias lays out on the land, exhausted and panting heavily.
Jan 04 21:18:00 <Pemander> He moves a hand over to Mitch's chest to check if he's breathing.
Jan 04 21:18:04 <Gara> John makes it to shore. He lies on the sand, before rolling to his back and getting on his feet. "Anyone wounded?"
Jan 04 21:18:05 <Ragazzo> Walcott probably gets to shore /last/
Jan 04 21:18:17 <Puppetmaster> Lilin retrieves her garotte wire and slips it in her pocket.
Jan 04 21:18:20 <Echo> Tehpillowstar: No.
Jan 04 21:18:43 <Puppetmaster> "Gonna have a lot of diseases running around with all the moisture."
Jan 04 21:18:44 <PaulS_laptop> Matt eventually makes it to shore, accompanied by a dead body
Jan 04 21:18:45 <jedifan> Phelan finally gets to shore and starts looking for wood and stuff to start a fire with.
Jan 04 21:19:00 <Gara> "Yeah, that's why I want to know if anyone is wounded."
Jan 04 21:19:18 <Dexanote> Bridge washes up on shore, shakily pulling himself to his feet. He roots around in his coat and drops Ivysaur's Pokeball; Ivy appears in a flash of light and throws out a vinewhip tentacle around Bridge's middle, holding him up.
Jan 04 21:19:25 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide takes once last look at the crash site, then begins paddling her way back.
Jan 04 21:19:25 <Puppetmaster> Lilin looks at John. "M'I bleeding? I can't tell."
Jan 04 21:19:35 <Gara> John walks over and checks her.
Jan 04 21:19:51 <Tehpillowstar> She lets the beacon of light disappate.
Jan 04 21:20:18 <Puppetmaster> Lilin, meanwhile, looks over everyone else for any obvious signs of injury.
Jan 04 21:20:31 <Echo> They're left, all, on a dark shoreline.
Jan 04 21:20:36 <Maddy> "….ok lady." Renee stars swimming weirdly fast to shore.
Jan 04 21:20:54 <Dexanote> Bridge looks out to the ocean, pushing Ivy's vine off and snatching up the ball, peeling off the lifevest. Ivysaur waddles over to Matthias and shakes his flower, dropping Matthias's gun and Lilith's knife.
Jan 04 21:20:58 <Maddy> Even carryng Corey, she gets to shore way before Addy.
Jan 04 21:21:12 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide just crawls on the shoreline and then rests, lying on her side and taking deep breaths.
Jan 04 21:21:17 <PaulS_laptop> Matt begins rummaging through Dead Crew's pockets
Jan 04 21:21:25 <Gara> "Hey! Who's wounded?"
Jan 04 21:21:31 <Pemander> Matthias can only manaage to nod thankfully before turning over to Bridge. "Bridge, do you have…medical, uh - shit - medical knowledge? Can you check if he's breathing?"
Jan 04 21:21:33 <Tehpillowstar> She feels the waves wash on her feet but doesn't give a damn.
Jan 04 21:21:36 <Pemander> "I don't know how to do mouth to mouth."
Jan 04 21:21:44 <Echo> Not much to be found. The guy Matt brought in had a Beretta, but that's about it.
Jan 04 21:22:27 <Maddy> Renee gets up on land with Corey. "This guy needs mouth to mouth. I can't do it." She's got a really strange accent.
Jan 04 21:22:36 <Puppetmaster> I'll assume Lilin's fine, especially since she wasn't corporeal when they landed.
Jan 04 21:22:38 <Gara> "Okay."
Jan 04 21:22:42 <jedifan> Phelan tries to start a fire.
Jan 04 21:22:48 <Dexanote> Bridge stumbles after Ivy, nodding a moment as he looks down at Mitchel. He falls to his knees again, undoing Mitchel's lifevest and/or coat. "I'll do my best."
Jan 04 21:23:11 <Maddy> "I'd blow ups his lungs."
Jan 04 21:23:13 <Dexanote> "I KNEW something like that would happen. It's always the last to go."
Jan 04 21:23:15 <PaulS_laptop> He snags the beretta and makes his way over to the others
Jan 04 21:23:19 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide sheds her sea bag and just carries it by the straps. "I know some first-aid."
Jan 04 21:23:36 <Echo> Mitchell's wearing a life jacket over some LBE and his uniform.
Jan 04 21:23:43 <Gara> John walks over, "Uh. Okay. I'm not great with first aid, but…" Echo, can I fix this with some magic?
Jan 04 21:24:05 <Dexanote> He undoes both of those, with a bit of difficulty.
Jan 04 21:24:09 <Echo> Phelan's going to have some trouble with that, considering that everything's soaked at the moment and that they have absolutely nothing.
Jan 04 21:24:18 <Maddy> "Anyones? He has waters in him."
Jan 04 21:24:20 <Echo> Gara: What are you trying to fix?
Jan 04 21:24:21 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide drags herself to Renee and Corey.
Jan 04 21:24:25 <Dexanote> 4df+3 "I'm a medical doctor, push off." Medical. Bridge checks over Mitchell, checking breathing, heartbeat, looking over him for bleeding.
Jan 04 21:24:25 <CROM> Dexanote: "I'm a medical doctor, push off." Medical. Bridge checks over Mitchell, checking breathing, heartbeat, looking over him for bleeding.: 3 (4df+3=0, -, +, 0)
Jan 04 21:24:27 <Puppetmaster> Lilin ditches her life vest.
Jan 04 21:24:46 <Gara> Trying to make his lungs get rid of water. Replicate mouth to mouth.
Jan 04 21:24:51 <Echo> He's not bleeding. Dude apparently sucked down an asston of water.
Jan 04 21:24:52 <Puppetmaster> She goes and grabs her knife from where it fell.
Jan 04 21:25:36 <Tehpillowstar> She checks for life signs, looking for injury.
Jan 04 21:25:43 <Echo> Phelan, gimme a survival roll.
Jan 04 21:25:50 <Echo> 2 to pass.
Jan 04 21:25:55 <Pemander> Matthias just sits on his ass and watches about ten feet away, not knowing what else to do.
Jan 04 21:25:57 <jedifan> df4
Jan 04 21:26:35 <jedifan> df4
Jan 04 21:26:58 <jedifan> 4df
Jan 04 21:26:59 <CROM> jedifan: 2 (4df=+, +, 0, 0)
Jan 04 21:27:21 <Dexanote> Bridge pauses, looking to Renee.
Jan 04 21:27:23 <Echo> With a miracle in his pocket, Phelan gets a modest fire going with the driftwood he collected.
Jan 04 21:27:26 <Puppetmaster> Lilin's area of expertise is /not/ in life saving. She walks out toward the nearest grass, then turns to assess the situation.
Jan 04 21:27:36 <Gara> 4df Medical, because something tells me that this isn't surgical, and that magic can't do this.
Jan 04 21:27:36 <CROM> Gara: Medical, because something tells me that this isn't surgical, and that magic can't do this.: 0 (4df=+, +, -, -)
Jan 04 21:27:42 <Pemander> Matthias gapes at the fire.
Jan 04 21:27:44 <Dexanote> What's Renee look like again?
Jan 04 21:27:47 <Pemander> "…how?"
Jan 04 21:28:09 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide's with renee, checking over Corey. Is he (she?) breathing?
Jan 04 21:28:41 <Maddy> Pass, cause man CPR is not something you can actually fuck up /that/ badly if you have some training. Corey slutters water all over you
Jan 04 21:29:40 <Maddy> Dexanote, she's 6'2, muscly, sperm whale coloured, no hair, voldemort nose, loin cloth, and no top.
Jan 04 21:29:58 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide turns Corey to his side to puke up the water.
Jan 04 21:30:00 <jedifan> Phelan takes off his shirt and lays it on the ground to dry out near the fire.
Jan 04 21:30:09 <Dexanote> "… Sorry, a second, were you offering to help this man?" Bridge calls out to Renee, pointing at Mitchell.
Jan 04 21:30:25 <Gara> "Okay, I got him."
Jan 04 21:30:30 <Gara> "Anyone else look wounded?"
Jan 04 21:30:35 <Echo> Mitchell starts vomiting water up near Bridge as well.
Jan 04 21:30:35 <Maddy> "Oh, nos, this one, I can't blow ins your lungs."
Jan 04 21:30:42 <Maddy> "It would kills you."
Jan 04 21:31:12 <Dexanote> "…" Bridge mouthes something to himself and goes back to Mitchell.
Jan 04 21:31:32 <Dexanote> 4df+3 MOUTH 2 MOUTH and general drowning help
Jan 04 21:31:32 <CROM> Dexanote: MOUTH 2 MOUTH and general drowning help: 3 (4df+3=-, +, -, +)
Jan 04 21:31:36 <Maddy> "I didn't sees any other living ones sinking."
Jan 04 21:31:56 <Maddy> "Live ones don't floats."
Jan 04 21:32:08 <Echo> Mitchell's already choking it up. For his efforts, Bridge gets a facefull of seawater and mucous.
Jan 04 21:32:09 <Pemander> "Are there…" Matthias rubs his face and takes a deep breath. "Are there any more out there that need to be taken to shore?"
Jan 04 21:32:21 <Pemander> He glances over at Bridge and Mitchell and grimaces.
Jan 04 21:33:03 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide checks over Corey once more to see if he needs anything else.
Jan 04 21:33:10 <PaulS_laptop> Matt returns to looting his dead guy's gear, jacking his holster
Jan 04 21:33:17 <Echo> Mitchell starts hacking and coughing, doubling over.
Jan 04 21:33:27 <Dexanote> Bridge nods once and stands.
Jan 04 21:33:34 <Gara> John looks for anyone else swimming in to help.
Jan 04 21:33:34 <Dexanote> "Alright."
Jan 04 21:33:41 <Dexanote> "Water is not my specialty."
Jan 04 21:34:20 <Pemander> If you make a grass type joke, I will strangle you.
Jan 04 21:34:51 <Dexanote> That WAS my Grass Type joke. Have SOME faith, my friend.
Jan 04 21:35:22 <Tehpillowstar> If not, she stands and walks towards the small fire that someone's built.
Jan 04 21:35:28 * MereObserver (ten.htuoslleb.dra.2AAEB826-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.htuoslleb.dra.2AAEB826-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
Jan 04 21:36:02 <Maddy> "What happeneds to you guys?" Renee helps Corey to the fire, hen Mitchel to the fire.
Jan 04 21:36:22 <Pemander> "We were flying over Christchurch, and I think someone started shooting at us."
Jan 04 21:36:28 <Echo> Mitchell's more or less just in a heap.
Jan 04 21:36:50 <Dexanote> "You think? I thought it was swamp gas."
Jan 04 21:36:52 <Tehpillowstar> She unbuttons her outer cardigan and begins squeezing out the water, then lies it down to let it dry. "Pretty much."
Jan 04 21:36:58 <Pemander> "Oh, piss off, Bridge."
Jan 04 21:37:11 <Pemander> Matthias pulls off his shirt and wrings it out.
Jan 04 21:37:21 <Gara> John moves over to the fire.
Jan 04 21:37:22 <Tehpillowstar> "Do you guys know each other?"
Jan 04 21:37:27 <Maddy> "Hey, ey guy." Renee pokes Mitchel.
Jan 04 21:37:29 * MonkeyBomb has quit (nexus.hub.us.synirc.net kermit.tx.us.synirc.net)
Jan 04 21:37:29 * Tox has quit (nexus.hub.us.synirc.net kermit.tx.us.synirc.net)
Jan 04 21:37:35 <Maddy> "You should moves to the fire."
Jan 04 21:37:38 <jedifan> "We could probably use with collecting some more firewood."
Jan 04 21:37:58 <Gara> "I'm not sure if you're lucky or unlucky."
Jan 04 21:38:17 <Puppetmaster> Lilin looks around to see what their geography's like. Any trees, or just grass?
Jan 04 21:38:25 <Maddy> Lotss grass.
Jan 04 21:38:30 <Maddy> sand
Jan 04 21:38:33 <Gara> He looks at Addy.
Jan 04 21:38:41 <Maddy> but the bank is high and hard to see past.
Jan 04 21:38:45 <Maddy> There's a road though.
Jan 04 21:39:03 <Pemander> Matty shakes his head at the situation and looks at Mitchell. He says somewhat quietly, "If you're awake right now, go Pats."
Jan 04 21:39:10 <Puppetmaster> Lilin goes scouting.
Jan 04 21:39:33 <Dexanote> Bridge bodily wipes the seamucuous off, peeling off his coat and shirt and strolling off to hang them over Ivysaur's outstretched vines. He has a large, messy scar across his right side, and is quite skinny.
Jan 04 21:40:03 <Dexanote> "Good work with the fire." he plops down beside, shivering a bit.
Jan 04 21:40:17 * Gara has quit (Quit: Leaving)
Jan 04 21:40:25 <MereObserver> Samson is laying on the shore, coughing and staring at the sky.
Jan 04 21:40:27 * Gara (daed.si.hctiw.eht|gnod.gniD#daed.si.hctiw.eht|gnod.gniD) has joined #afteractionmission
Jan 04 21:40:49 <Maddy> Some other poeple from the crash start coming to the fire, some bringing more drift wood to make the fire bigger.
Jan 04 21:41:08 <Gara> <Gara> "I'm not sure if you're lucky or unlucky."
Jan 04 21:41:08 <Gara> <Gara> He looks at Addy.
Jan 04 21:41:22 <Pemander> He looks over at Adelaide. "You weren't here until just before we left, right?"
Jan 04 21:41:35 <Pemander> "Most of this group was together for a few days before the evacuation."
Jan 04 21:41:41 <Tehpillowstar> "Yeah."
Jan 04 21:41:44 <Pemander> "That's why we know each other."
Jan 04 21:42:04 <Tehpillowstar> "Huh. Any of you have any idea what we'll do next?"
Jan 04 21:42:09 <MereObserver> Samson gets up from the sandy shore and walks to the fire.
Jan 04 21:42:11 * MonkeyBomb (desaelp.si.eg|d.eht#desaelp.si.eg|d.eht) has joined #afteractionmission
Jan 04 21:42:17 <Gara> "Find of build shelter."
Jan 04 21:42:44 <Pemander> "Figuring out where we are might be nice, too."
Jan 04 21:42:51 * Tox (teerts.pmuj.12|ytrap#teerts.pmuj.12|ytrap) has joined #afteractionmission
Jan 04 21:43:03 <Pemander> Matthias warms his hands over the fire.
Jan 04 21:43:04 <Gara> "That too."
Jan 04 21:43:22 <Pemander> He has laid his shirt out on the sand to dry.
Jan 04 21:43:24 <Echo> Anyone who cares to roll, perception
Jan 04 21:43:37 <Pemander> 4df+3 I'll throw my hat in
Jan 04 21:43:37 <CROM> Pemander: I'll throw my hat in: 2 (4df+3=+, 0, -, -)
Jan 04 21:43:38 <Gara> 4df+3 I care to roll.
Jan 04 21:43:38 <CROM> Gara: I care to roll.: 2 (4df+3=-, -, 0, +)
Jan 04 21:43:41 <Maddy> 4df+3 Jani looks.
Jan 04 21:43:42 <CROM> Maddy: Jani looks.: 2 (4df+3=0, -, -, +)
Jan 04 21:43:44 <MereObserver> 4df+3 Samson likes to see things
Jan 04 21:43:44 <CROM> MereObserver: Samson likes to see things: 3 (4df+3=-, +, -, +)
Jan 04 21:43:46 <Tehpillowstar> 4df+3 sure
Jan 04 21:43:47 <CROM> Tehpillowstar: sure: 3 (4df+3=+, 0, -, 0)
Jan 04 21:43:47 <Puppetmaster> 4df+3 Yep
Jan 04 21:43:48 <CROM> Puppetmaster: Yep: 1 (4df+3=-, -, -, +)
Jan 04 21:43:59 <Dexanote> 4df+2 Ivysaur.
Jan 04 21:44:00 <CROM> Dexanote: Ivysaur.: 3 (4df+2=+, -, +, 0)
Jan 04 21:44:01 <Dexanote> 4df Bridge
Jan 04 21:44:02 <CROM> Dexanote: Bridge: 2 (4df=+, 0, +, 0)
Jan 04 21:44:14 <Dexanote> (use Bridges ivy's not paying attention)
Jan 04 21:44:32 <Echo> Anyone with a 2 or more… *and* Ivysaur can make out what looks to be a house or something off to the north from where they are on the beach.
Jan 04 21:44:55 <Echo> Not much more than 50 meters off the surf, just down the beach.
Jan 04 21:45:11 <Tehpillowstar> "I see a house over there."
Jan 04 21:45:24 <MereObserver> "Could we use that as shelter?" Samson pats water out of his ears.
Jan 04 21:45:25 <Dexanote> "…" Bridge peers. "… Yep."
Jan 04 21:45:36 <Pemander> "I'm not moving from here until my heart stops threatening to beat out of my chest."
Jan 04 21:45:41 <Tehpillowstar> "Let's check it out. We don't have much to lose."
Jan 04 21:45:57 <Gara> "No. We don't."
Jan 04 21:46:03 <MereObserver> Samson nods. "Let's go then."
Jan 04 21:46:17 <Gara> John stands up.
Jan 04 21:46:17 <Puppetmaster> Lilin looks where the rest of the group is looking, even though she's taken the high ground to get a better feel for the lay of the land.
Jan 04 21:46:39 <Echo> High ground's not even a thought where they are.
Jan 04 21:46:53 <Echo> Right on the beach, she's lucky to find scrub brush.
Jan 04 21:46:57 <Dexanote> Bridge and Ivysaur look at each other. "Zaura?" "I know, right?"
Jan 04 21:47:01 <Maddy> Renee drags Mitchel to the fire.
Jan 04 21:47:03 <Puppetmaster> Maddy said something about a bank, but aight.
Jan 04 21:47:09 <Pemander> Matthias stays by the fire to dry out and gather his thoughts.
Jan 04 21:47:20 <jedifan> Phelan gets up and heads towards the house
Jan 04 21:47:26 <Gara> John goes with him.
Jan 04 21:47:36 <MereObserver> Samson follows cause company is nice.
Jan 04 21:47:41 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide goes with Phelan and John.
Jan 04 21:47:43 <Gara> "Goddamn I hope the guy I helped made it."
Jan 04 21:48:10 <jedifan> "Did your best."
Jan 04 21:48:27 <Echo> Anyone going to the house, to to #afteraction
Jan 04 21:48:34 <jedifan> "Probably wouldn't have even made it to the crash given how he was shot without your help
Jan 04 21:48:44 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide considers more lights but decides that the cover of darkness and their natural night vision would be better.
Jan 04 21:48:54 <Maddy> Renee makes sure Mitchel is on his side the site by the fire too.
Jan 04 21:49:36 <Pemander> Matthias looks at Renee. "You weren't with us in the helo, right?"
Jan 04 21:49:46 <Pemander> "Did you come up from underwater?"
Jan 04 21:49:56 <Maddy> "No. Yes. I am…Renee."
Jan 04 21:50:15 <Pemander> "Nice to meet you. Matthias." He holds out a hand.
Jan 04 21:50:30 <Pemander> "I saw you found the kid. Thank you for that."
Jan 04 21:51:39 <Maddy> She closes her eyes and points her clawed-ish hands and herself for a second, then shakes his hand. "Oh that's okays. Drownsing isn't nice."
Jan 04 21:52:13 <MonkeyBomb> Ace pukes water before shaking water out of his fur violently. Brock pulls himself onto the beach and stands up. (I feel slightly lost, so I'm sorry if anything I say doesn't make sense.)
Jan 04 21:52:48 <Dexanote> Bridge stares at Renee. Ivysaur stares at the fire.
Jan 04 21:53:20 <Maddy> Her hands are not webbed btw. "You haves a lizard with a flowers."
Jan 04 21:53:38 <Echo> Compelling Grass Type for Ivysaur.
Jan 04 21:53:44 <Echo> That fire isn't palatable at all.
Jan 04 21:53:54 <Maddy> lol
Jan 04 21:53:55 <Echo> And Jesus, has it ever gotten bigger since they started piling wood on.
Jan 04 21:56:31 <MonkeyBomb> Brock checks for his weapon and backpack. I don't even know if he still has them at all.
Jan 04 21:56:35 <Dexanote> Ivysaur siddles back from the fire, growling lowly. Its flower starts shaking a bit. Bridge glances back, then up at Renee. "Reptile, not a lizard. it doesn't really have a tail, lizards have tails. But yeah. It's Ivysaur."
Jan 04 21:56:52 <Maddy> "Is that's normal for lands people?"
Jan 04 21:57:02 <Maddy> "Never seens them before."
Jan 04 21:57:17 <Echo> He has no weapon.
Jan 04 21:57:23 <MonkeyBomb> Pack?
Jan 04 21:57:47 * Dexanote_ (~ten.elbacogc.emoh.00353766-CRInys|zttuB#ten.elbacogc.emoh.00353766-CRInys|zttuB) has joined #afteractionmission
Jan 04 21:58:03 <Maddy> pasting for Dexanote_
Jan 04 21:58:05 <Maddy> <Maddy> "Is that's normal for lands people?"
Jan 04 21:58:05 <Maddy> <Maddy> "Never seens them before."
Jan 04 21:58:33 <Pemander> Matthias shakes his shirt free of sand and then lays it on the beach again before disassembling his handgun and laying down the individual pieces on the cloth to dry out.
Jan 04 21:59:16 * Dexanote has quit (NickServ (GHOST command used by Dexanote_))
Jan 04 21:59:19 * Dexanote_ is now known as Dexanote
Jan 04 21:59:49 <Echo> Mitchell starts coughing over by the fire, and sits up with a start, looking around.
Jan 04 22:00:03 <Dexanote> "Nope, he's one of a kind. Friend of mine…" He stands, watching as Ivysaur suddenly turns to run to the shore, before plopping down on the beach and turning to stare back at the fire. Bridge sighs.
Jan 04 22:00:10 <Pemander> "Oh, good. You're awake."
Jan 04 22:00:15 <Pemander> Matthias waves casually to Mitchell.
Jan 04 22:00:19 <Maddy> "Cools. You okays, buddy?"
Jan 04 22:01:40 <MonkeyBomb> Brock checks on Ace. He rubs the dog's soaked fur. "You're okay." He heads over to the fire, peeling his drenched shirt off on the way. The dog follows.
Jan 04 22:02:07 <Echo> Mitchell doesn't say much of anything for a moment.
Jan 04 22:02:37 <Echo> His face, however, bears a look of what could be described as a mix of unremitting horror and confusion.
Jan 04 22:03:36 <Maddy> "You're all takings the blue lady reallys well."
Jan 04 22:04:10 <Pemander> He jerks a thumb back at Ivysaur. "That one is a bit stranger to me than you are."
Jan 04 22:04:49 <Dexanote> "Yep." Bridge plops back down, between Ivy and the fire.
Jan 04 22:04:54 <Maddy> "Oh."
Jan 04 22:05:16 <Maddy> "Why were you ins the oceans in that things?"
Jan 04 22:05:18 <Pemander> "Do you, er, want a shirt?"
Jan 04 22:05:32 <Pemander> Matthias gestures to Renee's toplessness, assuming that is still a thing.
Jan 04 22:05:43 <Echo> Mitchell looks at Renee, barely registering, then hangs his head between his knees.
Jan 04 22:06:05 <Maddy> "Oh, yah you guys wear shirts. Only if you gots an extra."
Jan 04 22:06:08 <Dexanote> "We were flying and got shot down."
Jan 04 22:06:21 <Dexanote> "Someone attacked us and our vehicle fell in the ocean."
Jan 04 22:06:24 <Maddy> "That sounds bads."
Jan 04 22:06:41 <Pemander> "Unfortunately I think we might be a little short on extras of anything at the moment."
Jan 04 22:06:52 <Pemander> Matthias starts re-assembling his handgun.
Jan 04 22:07:24 <Maddy> "That's ok…" she hummms, looking a Ivy's leaves for a sec, then goes to find seaweed to make a bandau with. "This okays?
Jan 04 22:07:27 <Maddy> "
Jan 04 22:08:03 <Pemander> He shrugs. "I don't think it'll bother anyone."
Jan 04 22:08:04 <Dexanote> "Whatever f- you feel like." He shrugs, stirring the fire. "So what's your deal?"
Jan 04 22:08:22 <Dexanote> don't say whatever floats your boat
Jan 04 22:08:25 <Dexanote> don't say whatever floats your boat
Jan 04 22:09:08 <Maddy> "Me? I'm from the oceans. Not a word for me in english."
Jan 04 22:09:29 Usage: SEND <nick> [<file>]
Jan 04 22:09:34 <Dexanote> "… Right."
Jan 04 22:09:59 <Maddy> "Maoris called us Parāoa"
Jan 04 22:10:10 <Maddy> "Means sperms whales."
Jan 04 22:10:21 * MonkeyBomb has quit (Connection reset by peer)
Jan 04 22:10:52 * MonkeyBomb (desaelp.si.eg|d.eht#desaelp.si.eg|d.eht) has joined #afteractionmission
Jan 04 22:12:06 <Dexanote> "… Interesting."
Jan 04 22:12:21 <MonkeyBomb> Brock wrings his shirt out before sitting down next to the fire.
Jan 04 22:12:37 <Echo> Mitchell pushes himself up to his feet, shivers, and starts patting himself down. "Where is everyone."
Jan 04 22:13:00 <Maddy> "Hi."
Jan 04 22:13:02 <Pemander> "The rest of the group went to check out the buildings."
Jan 04 22:13:32 <Dexanote> Bridge points off to the buildings.
Jan 04 22:13:42 <Dexanote> "So you have any idea who shot us down?"
Jan 04 22:14:48 <Echo> He tries to wipe his face off, not doing much more than putting more sand on it. "I… I don't know right now."
Jan 04 22:15:15 <Maddy> "You guys can't drink salts water, right?"
Jan 04 22:15:36 <Pemander> "No."
Jan 04 22:15:52 <Maddy> "Okay."
Jan 04 22:16:38 <Dexanote> "Thanks for asking though." He pauses, looking out to the house. "Hopefully that place has a well…"
Jan 04 22:16:38 <Maddy> "I could get fishies."
Jan 04 22:17:11 <Dexanote> "If you would be so kind?"
Jan 04 22:18:10 * MonkeyBomb has quit (Quit: Massive lag die lag die)
Jan 04 22:18:39 * MonkeyBomb (desaelp.si.eg|d.eht#desaelp.si.eg|d.eht) has joined #afteractionmission
Jan 04 22:18:47 <Maddy> She nods, running back to the ocean. If people look close enough you swear you could see a fluke disapear under the water.
Jan 04 22:20:54 <Maddy> After a bit, she comes bck up, draging a huge fucking tuna, draining blood behind it.
Jan 04 22:21:54 <MonkeyBomb> Brock lets himself get somewhat dry by the fire. He looks around the beach, trying to figure out on which part of the island they washed ashore.
Jan 04 22:22:22 <Maddy> "I uh…I usually just eats it, so I don't know how to cooks."
Jan 04 22:22:32 <Dexanote> Bridge looks to Matthias like a cow looks at an oncoming train.
Jan 04 22:22:55 <Echo> Mitchell starts checking over his gear, already missing his rifle. He paws over a sand-clogged Beretta before shoving it back into his holster, and wanders out into the water.
Jan 04 22:23:15 <MonkeyBomb> "I can probably figure something out," he says to Renee.
Jan 04 22:23:35 <Maddy> "Coo- Hey, hey where are you gosing?"
Jan 04 22:23:39 <MonkeyBomb> He checks his pockets for his knife.
Jan 04 22:25:05 <Pemander> Matthias stands up and follows after Mitchell. "Are you alright to be walking?"
Jan 04 22:25:31 <MereObserver> Samson turns around to Lilin, then grins. "Samson."
Jan 04 22:25:31 <Tehpillowstar> Does she meet up with the rest of the group yet?
Jan 04 22:25:42 <Puppetmaster> She extends a hand.
Jan 04 22:25:52 <Puppetmaster> She's reasonably dry now.
Jan 04 22:25:56 <Echo> "Yeah… yeah, I'm good." Mitchell doesn't even sound that upset. More… sad?
Jan 04 22:26:21 <Pemander> He stops at the water's edge and watches. "What are you doing?"
Jan 04 22:26:21 <Maddy> "Hey mans, you need me to get anything out of the oceans?"
Jan 04 22:26:24 <MereObserver> Samson shakes her hand in his hairy one. "Nice too meet you." He is less dry.
Jan 04 22:27:14 <Echo> "I'm cleaning my handgun."
Jan 04 22:27:34 <Echo> Mitchell leans over in the waist-deep water, splashes some over his face, and starts wading back out.
Jan 04 22:27:49 <jedifan> While Phelan is waiting for the group to get back, he starts cataloging what supplies are in the house that he could use to make explosives.
Jan 04 22:27:51 <Gara> John walks over to the fire.
Jan 04 22:27:56 <Maddy> "Ok." she stays with him.
Jan 04 22:28:05 <Maddy> "Your friends are backs."
Jan 04 22:28:13 <Pemander> "…Ah." Matty sits down in the sand.
Jan 04 22:28:26 <Gara> "We've got a place to stay. Abandoned place, couple of houses, some diving gear in a shed."
Jan 04 22:28:27 <Maddy> Renee points at Adelaide and John."
Jan 04 22:28:31 <Maddy> -"
Jan 04 22:28:59 <Tehpillowstar> Adelade watches Mitchell wade back to the fire, because that's a totally important detail she should be focusing upon.
Jan 04 22:29:12 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3 (Survival: Wilderness) Brock figures something out with the tuna, using sticks and shit.
Jan 04 22:29:13 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: (Survival: Wilderness) Brock figures something out with the tuna, using sticks and shit.: 3 (4df+3=0, 0, 0, 0)
Jan 04 22:29:20 <Puppetmaster> "Towels upstairs."
Jan 04 22:29:23 <Tehpillowstar> "Yeah, one of the houses looks like it's got some stuff still inside."
Jan 04 22:29:35 <Tehpillowstar> "Utilities don't work, but that's not a surprise."
Jan 04 22:29:39 <Pemander> "Renee." Matthias looks at her. "How deep is the water where our thing sank?"
Jan 04 22:29:43 <Echo> He's got that tuna cooking action on lock. In no time, he's got them spitted and roasting.
Jan 04 22:30:17 <Maddy> "I was actually gettings air when I saw you coming."
Jan 04 22:30:22 <MonkeyBomb> Sweet. Brock should start a seafood business.
Jan 04 22:30:25 <MereObserver> Samson nods. "Alrighty." He goes to find said towels in the bathrooms, tousling his hair and drying off.
Jan 04 22:30:29 <Maddy> "Got a bit of brain bubblys from divings."
Jan 04 22:30:41 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide usually doesn't like fish, but her mouth begins to water.
Jan 04 22:30:48 <Pemander> "So does that mean it's not that deep?"
Jan 04 22:30:59 <Maddy> "Uhmmm maybe for yous."
Jan 04 22:31:22 <Pemander> He nods and walks back to the fire.
Jan 04 22:31:37 <MereObserver> Samson goes back to Lilin, drying off his head in a towel. "I think I saw you around the evac camp."
Jan 04 22:31:46 <Gara> John and Addy are back.
Jan 04 22:31:59 <MonkeyBomb> Brock leaves the roasting tuna to whomever wants some. Ace perks up at the smell of cooking fish.
Jan 04 22:32:14 <Pemander> "We can use the diving gear to get some things from the helo when it gets light out."
Jan 04 22:32:24 <Maddy> Renee shuffles over to Brock. "Hey."
Jan 04 22:32:25 <Pemander> "Assuming it's not too deep."
Jan 04 22:32:26 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide sits down near the fire and plops her seabag at her feet and begins inspecting its contents, making sure they aren't wet.
Jan 04 22:32:30 <Maddy> "Cans I have the eyes?"
Jan 04 22:32:34 <Puppetmaster> "Yeah. I was there, otherwise I wouldn't be here."
Jan 04 22:32:43 <Pemander> "I need a new magazine."
Jan 04 22:32:47 <MonkeyBomb> "Uh, sure. No problem."
Jan 04 22:32:59 <Puppetmaster> "Gonna go root through what I can find."
Jan 04 22:33:06 <Puppetmaster> Lilin goes to loot shit.
Jan 04 22:33:12 <Maddy> She snags the eyes real quick and sits down.
Jan 04 22:33:26 <Puppetmaster> Or at least keep a running tally of what's actually in the house.
Jan 04 22:33:42 <MereObserver> Samson nods, realizing that everything is up for grabs until the others get here.
Jan 04 22:34:14 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide stands up to reach for some tuna and accidentally knocks her bag over, and a hastily folded, black jacket falls out to the sand.
Jan 04 22:35:02 <Tehpillowstar> A /wet/ hastily folded black jacket.
Jan 04 22:35:56 <Gara> "Hey, uh. We've got a better place then some randomass beach."
Jan 04 22:36:14 <MereObserver> Samson walks around the house, familiarizing himself.
Jan 04 22:36:17 <MonkeyBomb> "Hey, sandy beaches and hula girls, John. Don't ruin my fun."
Jan 04 22:36:32 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide hops back and brushes the sand off of it. Using one hand to eat the meat and one hand to brush the sand off and hastily stash the jacket back in. "Aww shit, everything's gonna be wet."
Jan 04 22:37:22 <Gara> "Unless Adelaide and Jani find some coconuts, that's going to have to wait. Sorry.
Jan 04 22:37:33 <Echo> After looking out towards the set of buildings, Mitchell returns to the fire, picks up one of the pieces of wood with some fire on the end, and starts off for the house.
Jan 04 22:37:38 <MonkeyBomb> Brock laughs.
Jan 04 22:37:51 <Echo> "Anybody comin' with me?"
Jan 04 22:37:56 <Tehpillowstar> "Ha ha, very funny."
Jan 04 22:38:02 <Maddy> "Uhm waits."
Jan 04 22:38:12 <Tehpillowstar> "Sure, gimme a sec." Adelaide tells Mitchell.
Jan 04 22:38:17 <Maddy> "Are you guys gonna stays here?"
Jan 04 22:38:22 <Puppetmaster> Lilin checks to see how many sets of clothes they have.
Jan 04 22:38:28 <Gara> ""Near hear, yeah.'
Jan 04 22:38:40 <Maddy> "Can I comes too?"
Jan 04 22:38:47 <Gara> "Sure."
Jan 04 22:38:55 <Tehpillowstar> She closes up her sea bag and slings it over, grabs some more tuna and begins walking towards Mitchell, eating and licking her fingers at the same time.
Jan 04 22:39:17 <Gara> "What was your name? Didn't catch it."
Jan 04 22:39:23 <Maddy> She smiles, it's kinda creepy. "Okays, I stay here with the others, I'll bring them to the houses. I'm Renee."
Jan 04 22:39:36 <Gara> "Alright. I'm John."
Jan 04 22:39:44 <Maddy> Jani goes with Mitchel and co.