Salaam

Oct 09 17:23:31 <Salmander> "Oh, wait, I know." Redd walks over to a tree and pushes on a knot.
Oct 09 17:23:42 <Sabitsuki> The tree burns to embers and dies out after a few more minutes.
Oct 09 17:24:33 <Salmander> "Ah, fuck. Okay." Redd walks over to another tree and examines it.
Oct 09 17:24:38 <E4D> The radios crackle to life.
Oct 09 17:25:09 <Salmander> He kicks a root and the trunks begins to open
Oct 09 17:25:13 <Salmander> To reveal
Oct 09 17:25:16 <Salmander> A rodent
Oct 09 17:25:23 <E4D> «All stations, Maroon-2. Be advised, we have more foliage ignitions due west-southwest of our position.»
Oct 09 17:25:24 <Salmander> You could say, one of unusal size
Oct 09 17:26:16 <Salmander> "…Boss has been watching too many movies."
Oct 09 17:26:42 <Salmander> Redd immediately kicks the root before the rodent can escape.
Oct 09 17:27:27 <E4D> «Maroon-2 this is Gold Actual, observe from your pos.»
Oct 09 17:27:51 <E4D> «Copy, Gold Actual, Maroon-2 out.»
Oct 09 17:27:58 <Tom90deg> "Redd, we DID set up traps, right?"
Oct 09 17:28:13 <Tom90deg> "I mean, these trees arn't just spontanously combusting are they?"
Oct 09 17:28:24 <E4D> Those are not traps we set up, Tom.
Oct 09 17:28:51 <Sabitsuki> The trees are in fact, spontanously combusting
Oct 09 17:29:05 <Sabitsuki> as evidenced by my use of the word 'spontaneously'
Oct 09 17:29:16 <Tom90deg> "Ok, now I'm a bit worried. Lets stop poking the flaming trees."
Oct 09 17:29:32 <E4D> "Stop fuckin' with shit!"
Oct 09 17:29:35 <E4D> "Goddamn!"
Oct 09 17:30:08 <Salmander> "Well, I mean, some of these are booby traps, but settin' up flamin' trees in a forest is a bit of poor judgment even for the boss."
Oct 09 17:31:47 <Maddy> "Need me to sneak again?"
Oct 09 17:32:26 <Tom90deg> "Naw, don't think so…but if you see any trees with doors, let us know."
Oct 09 17:33:47 <Sabitsuki> Another tree ignites. A ember jumps from its branches to another nearby, repeating the process.
Oct 09 17:34:24 <Maddy> "Shit, Jason this is b-bad."
Oct 09 17:34:47 <Salmander> "Fuck." Redd begins running in the direction opposite the flames.
Oct 09 17:34:52 <E4D> "Tuck the gear inside the vic, Alice. Everyone! Start movin' shit inside."
Oct 09 17:35:02 <E4D> "Redd! Get in one of the vehicles!"
Oct 09 17:35:10 <Salmander> Redd does so
Oct 09 17:35:18 <Maddy> Alice starts packing up!
Oct 09 17:35:23 <E4D> Jason hurries to his tent, grabbing gear, and hustling back to the ICV.
Oct 09 17:36:02 <Sabitsuki> The process begins to speed up, the trees becoming torches incredibly quickly. It begins to become unbearably hot.
Oct 09 17:36:12 <E4D> He tosses his and Alice's shit into the open ramp and climbs inside, moving through to the driver's position and starts it up. "EVERYONE GET INSIDE."
Oct 09 17:36:52 <Tom90deg> Zoe starts to throw stuff inside, moving into the stryker
Oct 09 17:37:01 <Maddy> "I'll get the s-stryker." Alice hops in and starts it up.
Oct 09 17:37:27 <Tom90deg> "Bou! GEt inside the Stryker!
Oct 09 17:37:28 <Tom90deg> "
Oct 09 17:38:04 <E4D> The ramp on the ICV closes, and Jason buttons it up, engaging the vehicle's A/C and NBC systems.
Oct 09 17:38:31 <E4D> After idling for a moment, he brings the vehicle about and drives *deeper* into the woodline.
Oct 09 17:39:09 <E4D> «Alice. Small toggle switch with a button, center console, break.»
Oct 09 17:39:15 <Sabitsuki> The flames keep pace with the vehicle, sparks jumping from branch to branch like errant fairies, leaving fire in their wake.
Oct 09 17:39:43 <E4D> He pauses for a few seconds before speaking again. «Labeled CTIS, turn it off, and hold the switch in the downward position, break.»
Oct 09 17:40:04 <Maddy> «R-right…>
Oct 09 17:40:07 <Maddy> She does that
Oct 09 17:40:12 <E4D> Another pause. «Hold it until the tire pressure indicator reads one quarter, break. Should be a yellow line.»
Oct 09 17:40:47 <Maddy> "Yellow line right…" she mumbles to herself.
Oct 09 17:41:02 * Dexanote has quit (Ping timeout)
Oct 09 17:41:05 <E4D> Jason keeps driving until he reaches a satisfactory distance, checking the driving slit's mirrors to see behind him, and parks the vehicle. «Come alongside.»
Oct 09 17:42:05 * Dexanote (~ten.elbacogc.emoh.8DF857A-CRInys|alliztahc#ten.elbacogc.emoh.8DF857A-CRInys|alliztahc) has joined #afteraction
Oct 09 17:42:48 <E4D> «Once you're here, deflate them the rest of the way.»
Oct 09 17:43:45 <Maddy> Alice follows his instructions and parks next to him, deflating. Wooosh
Oct 09 17:47:09 <Sabitsuki> Spotters/lookers perception
Oct 09 17:49:44 <E4D> 4df+2
Oct 09 17:49:45 <Glacon> E4D: 2 (4df+2=+, -, -, +)
Oct 09 17:50:22 <Salmander> 4df+3 ok
Oct 09 17:50:23 <Glacon> Salmander: ok: 4 (4df+3=+, 0, +, -)
Oct 09 17:50:33 <Soulless> 4df+2 might as well
Oct 09 17:50:33 <Glacon> Soulless: might as well: 4 (4df+2=0, +, 0, +)
Oct 09 17:50:38 <Dexanote> 4df+2
Oct 09 17:50:39 <Glacon> Dexanote: 2 (4df+2=-, +, -, +)
Oct 09 17:51:41 <Maddy> 4df+3
Oct 09 17:51:42 <Glacon> Maddy: 3 (4df+3=-, 0, +, 0)
Oct 09 17:51:58 <Sabitsuki> There appears to be a…thing floating near the tree line. It floats back and forth, apparently observing the forest fire. Alicel and Redd can see a glint of steel, light reflecting from the fire and onto something on its person.
Oct 09 17:52:02 <E4D> Redd and Alicel cannot see outside.
Oct 09 17:52:10 <Sabitsuki> aospfsuhhgsd
Oct 09 17:52:23 <Salmander> snur hur hur
Oct 09 17:53:23 <Dexanote> Shank walks over to the thing.
Oct 09 17:53:31 <Dexanote> "Fuck are you?"
Oct 09 17:54:07 <Dexanote> towards, rather.
Oct 09 17:55:10 <Sabitsuki> It appears to be a whirling mass of mushed down red and bloody flesh. The flesh spirals in the center of a number of maks - drama masks, steel Venetian pieces, carnival things, etc - the flesh forming a number of bloody hooks to hold the masks up. A comedy mask turns to look at Shank.
Oct 09 17:55:22 <Dexanote> "… Ah."
Oct 09 17:55:25 <Sabitsuki> Red embers glow in the eye sockets of the mask.
Oct 09 17:55:33 <Dexanote> «Oi somethin full of ftagn's lookin at me."
Oct 09 17:55:35 <Dexanote> »
Oct 09 17:55:46 <Dexanote> He points the Scythe at it. "Talk."
Oct 09 17:56:57 <Sabitsuki> 4df+6 You're A Straw Man, why don't you ignite?
Oct 09 17:56:58 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: You're A Straw Man, why don't you ignite?: 7 (4df+6=0, -, +, +)
Oct 09 17:57:52 <Sabitsuki> that's physical defense
Oct 09 17:58:00 <Dexanote> 4df+3 Ah shit.
Oct 09 17:58:01 <Glacon> Dexanote: Ah shit.: 2 (4df+3=0, 0, -, 0)
Oct 09 17:58:06 <Sabitsuki> and a compel of Straw Man, if that wasn't clear.
Oct 09 17:58:11 <Dexanote> Course.
Oct 09 17:58:19 <Dexanote> If you compelled to lower my Def, that's a 1
Oct 09 17:58:24 <Dexanote> Describe, vistor.
Oct 09 17:58:48 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Dexanote
Oct 09 17:59:31 <Sabitsuki> A jet of flame, similar to napalm, leaps from the trees and into Shank, and is soon joined by several other jets, dousing Shank in liquid fire.
Oct 09 17:59:44 <E4D> "Jesus *fuck*."
Oct 09 17:59:45 <Dexanote> He shrieks.
Oct 09 17:59:58 <Sabitsuki> The steel comedy mask is joined by three others.
Oct 09 18:00:03 <Sabitsuki> All jeering.
Oct 09 18:00:25 <Dexanote> The cloth singes off, revealing a bastardized skeleton of deer bones held together by the Chain.
Oct 09 18:00:33 <E4D> Jason climbs to the rear of the LAV, sending up a random character whose player isn't here to take his place, hurriedly donning Oxide.
Oct 09 18:00:50 <Dexanote> He stumbles back, dragging himself away.
Oct 09 18:01:03 <E4D> «Alice! Did you see that?»
Oct 09 18:01:26 <Dexanote> 4df+3 drag
Oct 09 18:01:27 <Glacon> Dexanote: drag: 5 (4df+3=0, 0, +, +)
Oct 09 18:01:51 <Dexanote> Shank wheels forward, stumbling in the direction Jason is
Oct 09 18:01:54 <E4D> Jason drops the ramp, hauling ass toward Shank.
Oct 09 18:02:50 <Sabitsuki> 4df+4 A wall of flame erupts from the ground, putting itself between Jason and Shank
Oct 09 18:02:51 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: A wall of flame erupts from the ground, putting itself between Jason and Shank: 2 (4df+4=-, -, 0, 0)
Oct 09 18:03:02 <Maddy> «What the shit is going on today?»
Oct 09 18:03:05 <Sabitsuki> tap Fire Grows to reroll
Oct 09 18:03:06 <Sabitsuki> 4df+4
Oct 09 18:03:07 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: 4 (4df+4=0, +, 0, -)
Oct 09 18:03:14 <E4D> 4df+4 Athletics to grab the Chain and haul him off.
Oct 09 18:03:15 <Glacon> E4D: Athletics to grab the Chain and haul him off.: 2 (4df+4=-, -, -, +)
Oct 09 18:03:25 <Dexanote> Shank vaults over the wall of flames, tumbling and putting the flames out.
Oct 09 18:04:05 <Dexanote> he flumps off Jason, falling in a heap to the side
Oct 09 18:05:30 <Sabitsuki> The masked wall of flesh apparently loses interest in Shank, and goes back to observing its apparently handiwork with the forest fire, floating back and forth near the tree line.
Oct 09 18:05:40 <Sabitsuki> The wall of fire recedes
Oct 09 18:08:46 * Salmander has quit (Connection reset by peer)
Oct 09 18:09:52 <Dexanote> Shank weakly pulls himself to his hands and knees, stumbling towards the vehicles. He runs into Eve, leaning against the side. "The… Ugh…"
Oct 09 18:10:17 <Maddy> «What in g-gods name…»
Oct 09 18:10:19 * Salmander (~ten.elbacwahs.gc.63A9248-CRInys|rednamlaS#ten.elbacwahs.gc.63A9248-CRInys|rednamlaS) has joined #afteraction
Oct 09 18:12:11 <Dexanote> He's crumbly; looking like charcoal and scorched bones.
Oct 09 18:13:23 <E4D> Jason edges back tot he ramp and kneels, keeping his weapon on the thing. <Get in Eve, Shank.>
Oct 09 18:13:32 <E4D> Derp
Oct 09 18:13:51 <Dexanote> "Hhh…" He pulls himself into Eve, dragging the Scythe in after.
Oct 09 18:14:13 <E4D> He follow in behind him, raising the ramp and resealing the vehicle.
Oct 09 18:14:52 <Sabitsuki> The masks focus on the Convoy for a second, and the meat reassembles itself into a working facsimile of Oxide, the masks serving as a mimic of the plating. Instead of face mask, the flghan opts for a Venetian death mask, whose eye holes burn with literal points of fire.
Oct 09 18:15:23 <Soulless> Alicel looks at Shank, surprised a moment. "I don't suppose Shank tripped and fell on a burning tree. What is out there?"
Oct 09 18:15:35 <Dexanote> "Hhh…"
Oct 09 18:15:49 <Sabitsuki> It seems apparently delighted with this new form, as it appreciates it for a moment, looking down at its meat and flesh hands, and then goes back to appreciating the fire.
Oct 09 18:16:46 <E4D> Jason makes his way up into the turret, bringing it online and cycling the feeder bins. <I don't fucking know, Alicel. Get in the driver's seat.>
Oct 09 18:17:17 <Dexanote> "… S'… Like, a thing made of meat. Masks… spits fire…"
Oct 09 18:18:16 <Dexanote> Parts are still glowing, others crumble as he moves.
Oct 09 18:18:51 <Soulless> Alicel hops on in the driver's seat, hoping Shank will be alright but he's not gonna say shit. He peeks out. "Are we headed anywhere?"
Oct 09 18:19:46 <Soulless> 4df+2 peeking.
Oct 09 18:19:47 <Glacon> Soulless: peeking.: 2 (4df+2=0, 0, 0, 0)
Oct 09 18:19:54 <E4D> «Look for the switch I was talking about and put the tires up halfway.»
Oct 09 18:20:43 <E4D> «Hurry it up, Alicel. Alice?»
Oct 09 18:20:57 <Maddy> Alice does that!
Oct 09 18:21:07 <Soulless> Alicel looks around and flips the switch to put the tires halfway up. «Done. Anything else?»
Oct 09 18:21:20 <E4D> «No. Just drive the hell away.»
Oct 09 18:21:25 <Sabitsuki> Alicel just sees Meat!Oxide, slowly and seemingly amazingly walking back and forth near the treeline, its back turned.
Oct 09 18:22:11 <E4D> «Take us to the treeline, past the thing, and back to the road. West, away from Sydney.»
Oct 09 18:22:24 <Maddy> Alice goes!
Oct 09 18:22:28 <Soulless> …Alicel pauses. Not like anyone else knows what this thing is anyways… He starts driving, following Alice. Vroom.
Oct 09 18:22:38 <Soulless> Ask questions later.
Oct 09 18:23:00 <Sabitsuki> The vehicle radio crackles.
Oct 09 18:25:23 <Sabitsuki> And out of it, at a sufficiently loud volume comes…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm3nNyrsJYI&feature=related
Oct 09 18:25:25 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: The Ink Spots - I don‘t want to set the World on Fire - length 3m 8s - rated 4.94/5.0 (398) - 79437 views - BIGSLMAN on 2009.06.20
Oct 09 18:25:49 <Dexanote> "…"
Oct 09 18:25:57 <Dexanote> "… I’m going to kill everything, one day."
Oct 09 18:26:19 <Dexanote> He is staring at the closest radio
Oct 09 18:26:32 <Sabitsuki> "And that one is you…no other will dooooo…."
Oct 09 18:26:35 <Sabitsuki> ~~
Oct 09 18:26:37 <E4D> Jason mutters, <Bull *shit*.»
Oct 09 18:27:14 <Dexanote> "An' I am going to start with that thing."
Oct 09 18:27:14 <Soulless> "I did not turn that on."
Oct 09 18:28:20 <Sabitsuki> The volume slowly dies the further away the vehicle gets, becoming a low whisper at last, the voice clearly not that of The Ink Spots. No, too low and hoarse.
Oct 09 18:28:37 <Dexanote> "… I hate this fucking continent."
Oct 09 18:29:00 <Sabitsuki> "A flame in your heartttt -" It cuts out.
Oct 09 18:29:22 <Soulless> "Rejoice, we will be off of it soon… Or dead, which seems to be close enough."
Oct 09 18:29:32 <Maddy> «Whats the plan, Jason?»
Oct 09 18:30:19 <E4D> «Just get the fuck out of here. We'll post up someplace else for the time being. We're not ready to move on Sydney at the moment anyway.»
Oct 09 18:30:48 <Tom90deg> A wild Zoe Appears in the Stryker
Oct 09 18:32:48 <Sabitsuki> The burns on Zoe's arm blacken and worsen. They begin to slowly grow over spots that weren't burned before, extending little tendrils of burnt skin in all directions, like tree roots.
Oct 09 18:34:08 * Salmander has quit (Connection reset by peer)
Oct 09 18:34:42 * Salmander (~ten.elbacwahs.gc.63A9248-CRInys|rednamlaS#ten.elbacwahs.gc.63A9248-CRInys|rednamlaS) has joined #afteraction
Oct 09 18:37:08 <Tom90deg> "Um…guys?"
Oct 09 18:37:17 <Tom90deg> Does this hurt?"
Oct 09 18:38:35 <Sabitsuki> no.
Oct 09 18:38:58 <Tom90deg> Zoe pokes her blackened arm. "Guys? Got a problem here…" Her voice is starting to get a bit panicy.
Oct 09 18:39:33 <Maddy> Alice is still driving the Stryker, lookign fro a place to park. "What's up?"
Oct 09 18:39:48 <E4D> «Give us another quarter mile, Alice, break.»
Oct 09 18:40:06 <E4D> «Put us behind anything you can, break.»
Oct 09 18:40:20 <E4D> «Dip in terrain, burm, anything.»
Oct 09 18:40:33 <Tom90deg> "My arm…It's getting all black."
Oct 09 18:42:38 <Maddy> «Shit…Zoe's got something wrong w-with her arm.> Alice keeps driving till she finds a little hill to park behind.
Oct 09 18:43:17 <Tom90deg> "Remembe when it got burned when we got the book? It was fine, but it's spreading…"
Oct 09 18:44:39 <Maddy> Alice parks and shuts Florence off.
Oct 09 18:44:45 <E4D> «Take care of it. DO NOT touch it. Coming over.»
Oct 09 18:44:57 <Soulless> Alicel parks by the Florence.
Oct 09 18:45:04 <Soulless> He does similarly.
Oct 09 18:45:23 <Maddy> Alice gets out heading to the crew compartment. "L-lemme see."
Oct 09 18:45:48 <MisterFlames> Midnight walks over, curious herself.
Oct 09 18:46:20 <Soulless> He gets out of the Eve and walks to Zoe with concern.
Oct 09 18:47:27 <Tom90deg> Zoe hlds out her arm, the black spots and tendrils around her arms.
Oct 09 18:47:31 <Tom90deg> "Midnight?"
Oct 09 18:47:59 <MisterFlames> "That's very odd." Midnight concentrates a moment, preparing herself.
Oct 09 18:48:03 <Maddy> 4df+4 doctoring!
Oct 09 18:48:04 <Glacon> Maddy: doctoring!: 5 (4df+4=+, -, 0, +)
Oct 09 18:48:14 <MisterFlames> 4df+4 Occult maneuvering.
Oct 09 18:48:15 <Glacon> MisterFlames: Occult maneuvering.: 1 (4df+4=-, -, 0, -)
Oct 09 18:48:18 <Tom90deg> "It dosn't hurt…"
Oct 09 18:48:31 <MisterFlames> 4df+4 Hell with it, Mage Sight.
Oct 09 18:48:32 <Glacon> MisterFlames: Hell with it, Mage Sight.: 5 (4df+4=+, 0, +, -)
Oct 09 18:48:36 <Maddy> Alice examins the burns, careful not to touch wth ehr bare skin.
Oct 09 18:48:40 <E4D> 4df+6 Jason clambers up into the spotter's position, surveying around them with the minigun's thermals.
Oct 09 18:48:41 <Glacon> E4D: Jason clambers up into the spotter's position, surveying around them with the minigun's thermals.: 8 (4df+6=+, 0, +, 0)
Oct 09 18:49:53 <Sabitsuki> Alice can tell, just by holding it in her hands, that the skin of Zoe's arm has become harder where the black spots are.
Oct 09 18:50:06 <Soulless> "Midnight, do you know what is going on? Alice?"
Oct 09 18:50:07 * Nusquam (ten.tenreitnorf.ai.ddtf.10rd.781A03A-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.tenreitnorf.ai.ddtf.10rd.781A03A-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Oct 09 18:50:20 <Soulless> He's looking at the black spots with curiosity and worry.
Oct 09 18:50:29 * ChanServ sets mode +a #afteraction Nusquam
Oct 09 18:50:29 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Nusquam
Oct 09 18:50:30 <Tom90deg> "It's just spreading, it started with the fire…"
Oct 09 18:51:10 <Maddy> "You're skin's getting h-harder…:
Oct 09 18:51:39 <Tom90deg> "Well, stop it…Midnight? Can't you stop it?"
Oct 09 18:52:06 <Sabitsuki> The area in the direction of the forest fire is still white hot, but there are no other abnormalities. The creature is still in front of the forest, pacing back and forth. It also white hot.
Oct 09 18:52:44 <MisterFlames> "Not good. Ifrit's Fire, you were affected by an Ifrit. It can only be cured by the one that afflicted you." Midnight says, "If we don't, you'll eventually transform into an obsidian statue, still living."
Oct 09 18:52:47 <E4D> He dismounts, and hoofs it to the MEV. "Whaddawe got?"
Oct 09 18:53:18 <Tom90deg> Zoe grows very pale. "I..I don't wnat that, I can't be held like that..what do I have to do?"
Oct 09 18:53:53 <E4D> "Held by *what*? Do for what?"
Oct 09 18:54:05 <E4D> He stands on the ramp, looking between those inside.
Oct 09 18:54:12 <MisterFlames> "Go to the one that afflicted you, and ask to be cured. Ifrits are people, just made of smokeless flame."
Oct 09 18:54:37 <Soulless> "Look at her arm. It has black patches, apparently Zoe must be cured by the ifrit that afflicted her or she will turn into a living statue."
Oct 09 18:54:38 <Maddy> "Ifrit? D-didn't Mal s-say something about one?"
Oct 09 18:54:42 <Tom90deg> "How do I find that! I got these marks when that trap went off!"
Oct 09 18:55:27 <Tom90deg> Zoe is getting rather panicy, the thought of being trapped in a statue is making her claustrophobia act up.
Oct 09 18:55:33 <E4D> "Did he?"
Oct 09 18:55:38 <Dexanote> "Hhhh…"
Oct 09 18:55:42 <E4D> "What's an ifrit?"
Oct 09 18:55:48 <Maddy> "Did w-who die?"
Oct 09 18:56:18 <Maddy> Redact
Oct 09 18:57:45 <MisterFlames> "It's an 'infernal' genie, known for their cunning. Made of smokeless flame."
Oct 09 18:58:00 <Tom90deg> "How do I talk to it? If it's evil, why would it help?"
Oct 09 18:59:11 <MisterFlames> "They aren't necessarily evil. Jinn are free-willed, just like humans."
Oct 09 18:59:54 <Soulless> "Will we have to go back now?"
Oct 09 19:00:08 <E4D> <Is that what was in the forest?>
Oct 09 19:00:28 <Maddy> "He s-said something about an i-ifrit being "his inside guy" in Sydny."
Oct 09 19:00:31 <Tom90deg> "Don't care, don't care, I don't wnat to be in a statue…What do I have to do?"
Oct 09 19:00:46 <MisterFlames> Midnight purrs, "Maybe. I can try to see if there's a sympathetic link between the Ifrit and the arm. There ought to be."
Oct 09 19:02:03 <Maddy> "…how do w-we get ahold of Mal?"
Oct 09 19:02:26 <Soulless> "Could we do both?"
Oct 09 19:05:44 <MisterFlames> "Can't hurt to try. Zoe, come here, please, and let's get my bag. I'll have you draw a thaumaturgic circle of fire, and we'll see if I can trace the source."
Oct 09 19:06:01 <Tom90deg> "Whatever we do, lets do it fast! WE can't argue and bitch for days like we normaly do!"
Oct 09 19:06:08 <Tom90deg> Zoe follows Midnight.
Oct 09 19:07:07 <MisterFlames> The little cat leads her to the bag, and she directs her to the drawing supplies. She describes a simple circle with an inscribed triangle.
Oct 09 19:07:18 <Tom90deg> Zoe starts to draw
Oct 09 19:07:38 <MisterFlames> 4df+4 Occult Maneuver for Conjuration.
Oct 09 19:07:39 <Glacon> MisterFlames: Occult Maneuver for Conjuration.: 3 (4df+4=0, -, +, -)
Oct 09 19:08:09 <MisterFlames> "All right, place your hand, palm down, in the triangle."
Oct 09 19:08:24 <Tom90deg> Zoe does so.
Oct 09 19:08:53 <Maddy> Alice stands with Jasson, not really sure what else to do.
Oct 09 19:09:14 <MisterFlames> Midnight starts to speak softly, recalling the works she's read of King Solomon, and using that to attempt to track the Ifrit down.
Oct 09 19:09:21 <MisterFlames> 4df+4 Conjuration.
Oct 09 19:09:22 <Glacon> MisterFlames: Conjuration.: 4 (4df+4=+, -, +, -)
Oct 09 19:10:25 <E4D> Jason lets the mage work. <Not in my job description, this.>
Oct 09 19:10:38 <Maddy> "Yes it w-was."
Oct 09 19:10:52 <E4D> <I can't magic, I mean.>
Oct 09 19:11:18 <Maddy> "Oh. Hehe. I thought you j-just meant f'tagn
Oct 09 19:11:20 <Maddy> "
Oct 09 19:13:48 <Sabitsuki> The circle draws a line of blue flame that traces a direct path along the ground to thing in the distant's back, where it burns like a opposite colored beacon to the forest fire's red fury.
Oct 09 19:15:26 <MisterFlames> "This would be a good time to know Arabic, I know…" Midnight notes. "But I can't know everything. The Ifrit will know I touched it, and we'll see if he's amendable. I'm not about to walk into a forest fire to see."
Oct 09 19:15:37 <Tom90deg> "Fair enough…"
Oct 09 19:15:49 <Tom90deg> "Can you tell how fast it's spreading?"
Oct 09 19:16:06 <Sabitsuki> Meat!Oxide merely traces its well worn path near the tree line, seemingly in love with the forest fire.
Oct 09 19:16:37 <E4D> <I can speak a few words. Not a lot, but greetings.>
Oct 09 19:16:49 <E4D> <Basic shit. Arabish.>
Oct 09 19:19:35 <Maddy> "Arabish?" snicker
Oct 09 19:20:10 <Tom90deg> "What do you call someone who speaks two languages? Bilingual. Three Languaes? Trilingual. One language? American."
Oct 09 19:21:23 <Maddy> "Hurhur"
Oct 09 19:21:30 <Maddy> Alice flatface
Oct 09 19:21:30 <Soulless> "Unfortunately I cannot be of any assistance. I was not programmed with a translator."
Oct 09 19:22:51 <Maddy> "Too bad Heiden…"
Oct 09 19:23:01 <Tom90deg> "Can you tell how fast it's spreading Midngiht?"
Oct 09 19:23:16 <MisterFlames> "It's all right. Afrit are cunning, he'll know English."
Oct 09 19:24:32 <E4D> <All right. So… we just head back?>
Oct 09 19:24:46 <MisterFlames> Midnight concentrates, then sends a greeting to the living flame. ~I bid you good evening, Living Flame. May this one have the pleasure of conversation with you?~
Oct 09 19:27:25 <Sabitsuki> The creature of meat and metal turns and stares in the direction of the vehicles. It does not send a reply.
Oct 09 19:28:07 <Tom90deg> "Ah geeze…"
Oct 09 19:28:27 <Soulless> "Is there a way to offer it a gift maybe to encourage it to heal Zoe?"
Oct 09 19:28:37 <Maddy> "Welp."
Oct 09 19:28:41 <MisterFlames> "Nothing ventured…" Midnight says as she walks toward it.
Oct 09 19:28:54 <E4D> Jason follows behind the cat.
Oct 09 19:29:03 <Soulless> Alicel follows Midnight and Jason.
Oct 09 19:29:04 <Maddy> Alice goes too.
Oct 09 19:29:09 <Tom90deg> Zoe walks behind midnight as well, flexing her fingers and hands
Oct 09 19:30:05 <E4D> When he gets close enough, he places his right hand over his chest, bowing slightly, dipping his head. <Salaam W'alay'kum.>
Oct 09 19:31:51 <Sabitsuki> The creature repeats the gesture exactly and eerily, made even stranger by the fact that it basically looks like a H.G Geiger version of Jason in his suit
Oct 09 19:32:15 <Maddy> "…"
Oct 09 19:32:35 <Dexanote> Shank leans against the Eve.
Oct 09 19:32:57 <E4D> <Masah el keer.>
Oct 09 19:32:57 * Tom90deg has quit (Connection reset by peer)
Oct 09 19:33:12 * Tom90deg (~moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.A90C65A3-CRInys|ged09moT#moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.A90C65A3-CRInys|ged09moT) has joined #afteraction
Oct 09 19:33:20 <E4D> He nods at Midnight. <Go ahead, Midnight.>
Oct 09 19:33:46 <MisterFlames> "Good evening to you, and thank you. I come to you with a simple requiest, great one. The young lady here has been afflicted with Ifrit's Fire, and I wished to seek out your wisdom, known throughout the world, as to the means in which to alleviate it."
Oct 09 19:35:36 <Sabitsuki> It pauses, then reaches up to remove the Venetian death mask, and replaces it with a mask that was being used as a piece of a pauldron. It is a: http://www.ravenwoodmasks.com/images/greek/greek-tragedy-mask.jpg
Oct 09 19:36:11 <Sabitsuki> There is no face behind the mask, merely a pile of mashed flesh and pinpoints of smokeless, fiery light.
Oct 09 19:37:10 * ChanServ sets mode +q #afteraction E4D
Oct 09 19:37:10 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to E4D
Oct 09 19:39:20 <Soulless> The silence is awkward.
Oct 09 19:39:21 <E4D> Jason stands there, waiting, weapon hanging across his chest from the 3-point.
Oct 09 19:41:18 <E4D> He rests his hands on the stock, palms down.
Oct 09 19:41:46 <Sabitsuki> The ifrit mimics Jason's stance. A meat replica of the rifle crawls out of his stomach to compensate.
Oct 09 19:41:57 <MisterFlames> Midnight waits a moment, "Zoe, show him your arm, please."
Oct 09 19:42:45 <Tom90deg> Zoe rolls up her sleves and shows her burnt arms.
Oct 09 19:43:16 <Maddy> Alice looks at Jason, and the ifrit. "I think it l-likes you…" she whispers to her hsband.
Oct 09 19:44:56 <E4D> Jason turns his speakers off. |I'm not sure about that.|
Oct 09 19:45:45 <Sabitsuki> The ifrit takes measured steps to the group, towards Zoe.
Oct 09 19:45:57 <Tom90deg> Zoe holds steady, looking at Midngiht.
Oct 09 19:49:16 <MisterFlames> "Show him, Zoe."
Oct 09 19:49:51 <Tom90deg> Zoe holds out her arms, showing off the black tendrils around them
Oct 09 19:52:06 <Sabitsuki> It extends an arm and grabs Zoe's wrist. *squish*
Oct 09 19:52:58 <E4D> Jason cocks his head to the side.
Oct 09 19:53:36 <Sabitsuki> It lifts her off the ground, raising her wrist to its own eye level.
Oct 09 19:53:41 <Tom90deg> "Aah!"
Oct 09 19:53:48 <Tom90deg> Zoe squirms. "LEt me go!"
Oct 09 19:54:02 <Maddy> "C-calm down, Zoe."
Oct 09 19:54:05 <E4D> |Settle *down*, Zoe.|
Oct 09 19:54:37 <Tom90deg> "You're not being lifted up by some smoke creture and might be turning into a statue, I shall be as calm as the situation calls for!"
Oct 09 19:55:03 <Maddy> "It's also the one t-that can fix you. So s-simmer."
Oct 09 19:55:42 <Sabitsuki> It considers the black blemishes for a moment and then unceremoniously drops her.
Oct 09 19:56:03 <Tom90deg> Zoe plops on the ground and scurys away, getting back to her feet.
Oct 09 19:56:31 <Sabitsuki> It places the tragedy mask with: http://www.theater-masks.com/i/masks/comedy-mask-wearable.jpg
Oct 09 19:56:38 <Sabitsuki> *replaces
Oct 09 19:58:06 <Sabitsuki> A sound echoes out of the mouth hole. It sounds suspiciously like "trade?"
Oct 09 19:58:20 <Tom90deg> Zoe looks at Midnight.
Oct 09 19:59:44 <Tom90deg> "Trade for what?"
Oct 09 20:00:33 <Sabitsuki> It points at Shank.
Oct 09 20:00:48 <Maddy> "………."
Oct 09 20:01:10 <Dexanote> "… "
Oct 09 20:01:30 <Dexanote> "… Uh. No?"
Oct 09 20:01:46 <Sabitsuki> It shrugs and turns back to admire the fire.
Oct 09 20:02:09 <Tom90deg> "Do you want shank, or just to…Hire him?"
Oct 09 20:03:23 <Sabitsuki> It turns and raises a single finger.
Oct 09 20:03:28 <Sabitsuki> the index
Oct 09 20:03:54 <Tom90deg> "One word."
Oct 09 20:04:29 <Tom90deg> "Just…tell me what you wnat to get rid of this…stuff."
Oct 09 20:04:37 <Sabitsuki> It points at Shank again.
Oct 09 20:05:40 <Dexanote> Shank shifts. "…:
Oct 09 20:06:30 <Tom90deg> "Can you talk to him Shank? find out if he wants you, or just to hire you?"
Oct 09 20:06:51 <Dexanote> "… I talked to 'im once an' he set me on fire."
Oct 09 20:07:03 <Dexanote> He lurches and walks towards teh thing. "What do you want."
Oct 09 20:07:14 <Maddy> "Maybe that's what he wants."
Oct 09 20:07:19 <Maddy> "To s-set you on fire."
Oct 09 20:07:26 <Dexanote> "…"
Oct 09 20:07:35 <Sabitsuki> The creature looks at Alice as she says that, and the eye lights ignite brighter.
Oct 09 20:07:40 <Maddy> "See."
Oct 09 20:07:47 <Dexanote> "… Fuck that."
Oct 09 20:07:49 <Tom90deg> 'He must know you."
Oct 09 20:07:59 <Dexanote> 4df+4 shank lunges at the thing, hacks across with the Scythe.
Oct 09 20:07:59 <Glacon> Dexanote: shank lunges at the thing, hacks across with the Scythe.: 5 (4df+4=-, +, +, 0)
Oct 09 20:08:19 <E4D> |JESUS.|
Oct 09 20:08:23 <Tom90deg> "Damn it Shank! Don't piss him off!"
Oct 09 20:08:31 <Soulless> Alicel facepalms silently.
Oct 09 20:08:42 <Sabitsuki> 4df+6 Tapping situation aspect Oxide Mimc
Oct 09 20:08:42 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: Tapping situation aspect Oxide Mimc: 5 (4df+6=-, +, 0, -)
Oct 09 20:08:43 <Maddy> "I think it's f-fair to say the Ifrit p-pissed Shank of first."
Oct 09 20:08:51 <Maddy> "By setting him on f-fire."
Oct 09 20:08:55 <Tom90deg> "He's not about to be incased in stone!"
Oct 09 20:08:58 <Dexanote> It glances off a mask
Oct 09 20:09:02 <Dexanote> "FFFFF-"
Oct 09 20:09:04 <Tom90deg> "And he's been set on fire lots of times."
Oct 09 20:09:07 <E4D> 4df+6 Jason charges at Shank. Tackle.
Oct 09 20:09:07 <Glacon> E4D: Jason charges at Shank. Tackle.: 9 (4df+6=0, +, +, +)
Oct 09 20:09:23 <E4D> O_O
Oct 09 20:09:39 <Tom90deg> "Is there anything else you can think of that you would want? Becides him?"
Oct 09 20:09:43 <Sabitsuki> The thing…buckles, the Oxide disguise dropping as it returns to a smokeless tornado of flame, mask, and flesh.
Oct 09 20:09:46 <Dexanote> 4df+3
Oct 09 20:09:47 <Glacon> Dexanote: 4 (4df+3=0, +, -, +)
Oct 09 20:09:59 <E4D> |Settle. The fuck. Down. We don't want a fight.|
Oct 09 20:09:59 <Dexanote> Tagging Fucking Psycho, because he in indeed psycho.
Oct 09 20:10:03 <Sabitsuki> The comedy masks click together, forming a jeering wall.
Oct 09 20:10:06 <Dexanote> He's smashed down, though
Oct 09 20:10:06 <Maddy> Alice is staying out of this.
Oct 09 20:10:11 <Dexanote> "FFFF-"
Oct 09 20:10:14 <Dexanote> "GERROFF"
Oct 09 20:10:18 <Tom90deg> 4df+3 "Please help." Persurasion
Oct 09 20:10:19 <Glacon> Tom90deg: "Please help." Persurasion: 6 (4df+3=0, +, +, +)
Oct 09 20:10:35 <E4D> |Stay fucking calm, Shank.|
Oct 09 20:10:37 <Dexanote> 4df+5 intimidation, tag Harvestman
Oct 09 20:10:38 <Glacon> Dexanote: intimidation, tag Harvestman: 6 (4df+5=+, -, +, 0)
Oct 09 20:11:01 <Maddy> "We're n-not going to let him set you on fire."
Oct 09 20:11:04 <Dexanote> Sparks of red fury shoot everywhere.
Oct 09 20:11:24 <Maddy> "Stop that." Alice does a pretty god impression of Shanks accent.
Oct 09 20:11:43 <Maddy> Good even
Oct 09 20:11:45 <Dexanote> He :| s
Oct 09 20:11:48 <E4D> He rolls off, standing up. |Settle your ass down. A fight with this thing is *not* what we want right now.|
Oct 09 20:12:22 <MisterFlames> Midnight regards the situation, while still thinking.
Oct 09 20:12:41 <Sabitsuki> If the creature even cares for the requests or the light show, it doesn't show it. Instead, more comedy masks appear and join the wall. There must be at least 20 of them now, all moving in practiced unison.
Oct 09 20:13:22 <E4D> Jason looks back at the thing, pointing with the flat of his hand. "Salaam."
Oct 09 20:14:09 <MisterFlames> "At least we are providing amusement." Midnight notes. "All right, then, oh Ifrit, the Harvester does not wish for that deal. Is there another way for us to receive your benevolence?"
Oct 09 20:14:36 <Sabitsuki> |BURN|
Oct 09 20:14:40 <Sabitsuki> |ONE OF YOU MUST BURN|
Oct 09 20:14:48 <Maddy> "Rude."
Oct 09 20:15:21 <MisterFlames> "Very well, then." ~Cricket, please go to Zoe.~
Oct 09 20:15:34 <Sabitsuki> The masks all rotate, 360 on a vertical axis.
Oct 09 20:15:49 <E4D> ~Hmm?~
Oct 09 20:16:09 <E4D> ~Okay!~
Oct 09 20:16:15 <Tom90deg> "Scarecrow, you'll just rebuild if you get burned, you'll be back up before you know it. What's the problem?"
Oct 09 20:16:18 <MisterFlames> ~He wants an offering to burn. I am the only thing I can give him, and you need to get off me while I do that.~
Oct 09 20:16:27 <Dexanote> "It hurts, you twat."
Oct 09 20:16:49 <E4D> ~Why!~
Oct 09 20:16:52 <Tom90deg> "Oh boo hoo, big harvestman, scared of a little pain."
Oct 09 20:16:54 <Dexanote> He wrenches himself to his feet.
Oct 09 20:16:58 <E4D> ~That's bad for cats!~
Oct 09 20:17:09 <Soulless> "At least you can survive it. I do not believe anyone else here can."
Oct 09 20:17:24 <Tom90deg> "Yah. I'll even get you a new pumpkin head."
Oct 09 20:17:25 <MisterFlames> ~Because she is my friend, and to become an inanimate statue is a fate worse than death.~
Oct 09 20:17:40 <Tom90deg> "So come on, take one for the team, we'll rebuild you faster, stronger."
Oct 09 20:18:05 <Dexanote> 4df+4 Shank leaps at the thing
Oct 09 20:18:05 <Glacon> Dexanote: Shank leaps at the thing: 3 (4df+4=0, 0, -, 0)
Oct 09 20:18:38 <Sabitsuki> 4df+4
Oct 09 20:18:38 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: 3 (4df+4=0, 0, -, 0)
Oct 09 20:18:46 <E4D> :|
Oct 09 20:18:53 <Sabitsuki> u mad brah
Oct 09 20:18:56 <Dexanote> Shank bounces off the masks, smashing to the ground.
Oct 09 20:19:16 <Dexanote> He pulls himself to his knees, an arm falling off, glaring at the Sanft.
Oct 09 20:19:20 <Tom90deg> "Just light up Shank, You'll just come back!"
Oct 09 20:19:24 <Tom90deg> 4df+3 Perusuade
Oct 09 20:19:25 <Glacon> Tom90deg: Perusuade: 2 (4df+3=-, -, 0, +)
Oct 09 20:19:29 <E4D> |SHANK! YOU'RE GONNA PISS IT OFF.|
Oct 09 20:19:57 <Maddy> "…"
Oct 09 20:19:58 <E4D> Cricket reluctantly hops off, bouncing over to Zoe.
Oct 09 20:20:10 <E4D> ~I won't have anyone to talk to!~
Oct 09 20:20:12 <Tom90deg> "What're you doing here cricket?"
Oct 09 20:20:24 <Maddy> Alice watches with the flatest of faces.
Oct 09 20:20:25 <MisterFlames> ~Yes, you will. Glen can hear you, remember?~
Oct 09 20:20:30 <Maddy> So very flat.
Oct 09 20:20:35 <Soulless> "Cricket? Why is Cricket away from Midnight?"
Oct 09 20:20:46 <Tom90deg> Zoe looks over at Midnight. "Midnight?"
Oct 09 20:21:28 <E4D> The cricket crawls to the top of her head, resting in its usual spot (for Midnight).
Oct 09 20:21:28 <Dexanote> He tries to pull himself to his feet, one leg shattering. "FUCK."
Oct 09 20:21:45 <Sabitsuki> The ifrit immediately charges forward and lunges at Shank, the masks parting in a facsmile of a maw.
Oct 09 20:22:01 <Dexanote> "Fuck."
Oct 09 20:22:08 <E4D> 4df+4 Jason dives away and to the side.
Oct 09 20:22:08 <Glacon> E4D: Jason dives away and to the side.: 5 (4df+4=+, -, 0, +)
Oct 09 20:22:16 <Maddy> Alice takes cover.
Oct 09 20:22:17 <Sabitsuki> success
Oct 09 20:22:23 <MisterFlames> "Okay, everyone else move back."
Oct 09 20:22:33 <Soulless> Alicel steps back.
Oct 09 20:22:41 <Tom90deg> Zoe moves back, picking up Crickt, and moving towards Midnight.
Oct 09 20:23:08 <MisterFlames> "Zoe, get Cricket to Glen. Glen can talk with him, too. That way, he won't be lonely."
Oct 09 20:23:13 <Sabitsuki> The mouth of comedy snaps shut on Shank, and immediately the flesh coats the scarecrow…and ignites.
Oct 09 20:23:28 <Soulless> "Lonely, what are you talking about?"
Oct 09 20:23:31 <Tom90deg> "What? Lonely? Why would he…Oh no. No no no. Don't you even dare Midnight."
Oct 09 20:23:32 <Dexanote> There's that horrendous screech.
Oct 09 20:23:42 <Tom90deg> "Don't you even fucking THINK about it!"
Oct 09 20:23:50 <Dexanote> 4df+4 as Shank writhes inside. Melee
Oct 09 20:23:50 <Glacon> Dexanote: as Shank writhes inside. Melee: 2 (4df+4=-, +, -, -)
Oct 09 20:24:04 <Maddy> "I don't t-think you need to d-do that, Kitty." she points at the horrible screaming.
Oct 09 20:24:04 <Sabitsuki> 4df+4
Oct 09 20:24:08 <Soulless> "What is Midnight thinking of? It seems Shank is doing what is needed."
Oct 09 20:24:09 <Sabitsuki> 4df+4 Glacon
Oct 09 20:24:10 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: Glacon: 3 (4df+4=-, 0, -, +)
Oct 09 20:24:57 <Dexanote> -1 HP from bitey. 1 HP left, cannot use Power while on fire.
Oct 09 20:24:57 <MisterFlames> "Zoe, I'm not just this being of flesh. I am a daemon as well, a being of spirit. I cannot truly die. But being a statue, eternally, is a fate worse than death."
Oct 09 20:25:22 <Tom90deg> "I don't care, don't even think about it, never ever. you're not going to scarafice yourself for me."
Oct 09 20:25:29 <Maddy> "Guys."
Oct 09 20:25:30 <Sabitsuki> 4df+4 It heats up.
Oct 09 20:25:31 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: It heats up.: 0 (4df+4=-, -, -, -)
Oct 09 20:25:34 <Sabitsuki> …
Oct 09 20:25:36 <Maddy> "Shank's got this."
Oct 09 20:25:40 <Sabitsuki> Last Fate to reroll.
Oct 09 20:25:47 <Sabitsuki> 4df+4 Glacon is a whore.
Oct 09 20:25:47 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: Glacon is a whore.: 4 (4df+4=+, -, 0, 0)
Oct 09 20:25:48 <Soulless> "But Shank is taking care of it, so do not do anything. Thank you Shank."
Oct 09 20:26:00 <Tom90deg> "WE'll have to rebuild him nicely."
Oct 09 20:26:11 <MisterFlames> "I don't know if that counts, Alicel."
Oct 09 20:26:27 <Dexanote> 4df+3
Oct 09 20:26:27 <Glacon> Dexanote: 3 (4df+3=+, -, +, -)
Oct 09 20:26:47 <Sabitsuki> describe incap dex
Oct 09 20:26:49 <Maddy> Alice winces a little at the horrible screaching. "S-sounds like he's burning."
Oct 09 20:27:08 <Tom90deg> "Wonderful. ALways told him I'd watch him burn."
Oct 09 20:27:16 <Soulless> "Then… Someone else. Bruce. Me."
Oct 09 20:27:27 <Tom90deg> "But I suppose I should rebuild him as well…"
Oct 09 20:27:35 <Dexanote> the screech grows louder and louder, before suddenly stopping. Through the fire, Shank's figure stops moving and disintegrates, the Chain going slack as the bones shatter in the heat.
Oct 09 20:27:48 <MisterFlames> "You assume that his chain will survive."
Oct 09 20:28:00 <Tom90deg> "It survived worse."
Oct 09 20:28:11 <Sabitsuki> The fire stops short of 'boiling iron', and hocks up the chain.
Oct 09 20:28:33 <Dexanote> *kltch*
Oct 09 20:28:37 <Soulless> Alicel moves to the chain and waits for it to cool before picking it up.
Oct 09 20:28:47 <Tom90deg> "Alright, You have your burn. Now, your end of the deal…"
Oct 09 20:28:53 <Tom90deg> Zoe holds out her arms.
Oct 09 20:29:04 <E4D> Alicel, roll physical defense.
Oct 09 20:29:13 <Soulless> 4df+4 ;_;
Oct 09 20:29:14 <Glacon> Soulless: ;_;: 3 (4df+4=0, -, -, +)
Oct 09 20:29:16 <E4D> 4df+6 burning-hot iron
Oct 09 20:29:17 <Glacon> E4D: burning-hot iron: 5 (4df+6=-, +, 0, -)
Oct 09 20:29:40 <E4D> The skin on Alicel's hands boil away on contact, cuz it's fucking BURNING HOT IRON AND DOESN'T COOL IN SECONDS.
Oct 09 20:29:44 <Tom90deg> "Alicel, Fire Hot. Remember this."
Oct 09 20:30:30 <E4D> Some of the metal components inside twist and smolder with the hit, solder burning away.
Oct 09 20:30:34 <E4D> *heat
Oct 09 20:30:45 <Tom90deg> "We'll get a pair of tongs."
Oct 09 20:31:19 <Maddy> "Guess we ought to hack up s-some tree limbs."
Oct 09 20:31:31 <Tom90deg> "Later, can we finish the deal?"
Oct 09 20:31:36 <Soulless> Alicel pulls away quickly. Time to make some new tools.
Oct 09 20:32:56 <Tom90deg> Zoe looks at the Ifirt. "Our end is paid."
Oct 09 20:33:47 <Sabitsuki> It beckons Zoe with a meat limb.
Oct 09 20:33:55 <Tom90deg> Zoe carefully steps forward.
Oct 09 20:35:10 <Sabitsuki> A tendril of flesh extends and grabs her by the wrist again, hauling her up. Another hovers nearby, the end mutating into a claw.
Oct 09 20:35:44 <Tom90deg> "Ah bugger…."
Oct 09 20:36:19 <Sabitsuki> The claw somehow *grabs* the black off her arm, and peels it off. The skin underneath is pure white, like alabaster.
Oct 09 20:36:37 <Tom90deg> "Gaah!"
Oct 09 20:36:43 <Sabitsuki> It repeats the process on the other arm without waiting.
Oct 09 20:36:47 <Sabitsuki> And then drops her again.
Oct 09 20:36:58 <Tom90deg> "Damn…Well…Thanks I guess…"
Oct 09 20:38:16 <Sabitsuki> It laughs. Low, and deep.
Oct 09 20:38:20 <Sabitsuki> A male's voice.
Oct 09 20:38:35 <Tom90deg> Zoe gets to her feet.
Oct 09 20:38:50 <Tom90deg> "Anything else? I need to get to work building Scarecrow a new body."
Oct 09 20:39:14 <E4D> "I told him before I would."
Oct 09 20:39:48 <Tom90deg> "Yah well…It was for me, so I should do it…"
Oct 09 20:40:28 <E4D> "I DON'T CARE OF A FUCK."
Oct 09 20:40:45 <Sabitsuki> |TAKE THIS ONE WITH YOU. YOUR ENEMIES WILL BURN.| It shudders once, and then meat retracts into a single steel, ornate comedy mask with a *slurp* sound. It *plops* onto the ground.
Oct 09 20:41:02 <Tom90deg> "Gaah, Bloody hell Jason!"
Oct 09 20:41:13 <Tom90deg> "What was that for? Inside voice!"
Oct 09 20:41:32 <Tom90deg> Zoe carefully reaches out and puts her hand over the mask, seeing if it hot."
Oct 09 20:41:48 <Sabitsuki> It is chill like a motherfucker
Oct 09 20:42:03 <Tom90deg> Zoe carefully picks it up, turning it over in her hands.
Oct 09 20:42:19 <MisterFlames> "Thank you, oh wise one," Midnight says softly.
Oct 09 20:45:57 <Tom90deg> Zoe looks at her arms, the white marks traiing around her arms. "Midnight? What do you think?"
Oct 09 20:46:02 <E4D> Jason turns to walk away, heading for the MEV.
Oct 09 20:46:45 <Soulless> "Does anyone know if we have a tool box around? I will need to fashion myself a few replacements."
Oct 09 20:46:49 <E4D> He opens the cargo box on the front, removing an axe, and starts back, axe in hand, rifle slung.
Oct 09 20:47:24 <Tom90deg> "You sure you don't need help Jason?"
Oct 09 20:48:00 <E4D> <Positive. That motherfucker's gonna pay what he owes. Down to the last goddamned cent.>
Oct 09 20:48:37 <Tom90deg> "Right then…Have fun."
Oct 09 20:48:50 <Tom90deg> Zoe looks at midnight and scoops her up, hugging her. "And you!"
Oct 09 20:48:53 <E4D> <Fun ain't even started.>
Oct 09 20:49:11 <Soulless> Alicel is by Midnight and Zoe, watching the two.
Oct 09 20:49:22 <Tom90deg> "Don't you ever ever do that again."
Oct 09 20:49:46 <E4D> Cricket hops off of Zoe's head, landing on Midnight's back.
Oct 09 20:50:09 <Tom90deg> Zoe gives a sniff, rubbing her eyes with her sleve. "Don't ever even think about something like that. I don't know what I'd do if I lost you."
Oct 09 20:50:11 <MisterFlames> "I reserve the right for desperate measures. Welcome back, Cricket."
Oct 09 20:50:28 <Maddy> "N-need help, Jason?"
Oct 09 20:50:44 <MisterFlames> Midnight purrs softly, and snuggles.
Oct 09 20:51:09 <E4D> Jason starts off the this side of the ruined treeline and begins hacking at a tree.
Oct 09 20:51:11 <Tom90deg> "Not that desprate. Nothing's ever that desprate."
Oct 09 20:51:11 <Soulless> "If that happens, please let Bruce or someone less useful be the sacrifice. Your loss would be a large blow."
Oct 09 20:51:19 <E4D> 4df+4 Treecutting.
Oct 09 20:51:20 <Glacon> E4D: Treecutting.: 5 (4df+4=-, +, +, 0)
Oct 09 20:51:30 <Dexanote> Yep
Oct 09 20:51:56 <Maddy> "I'll t-take that as a no."
Oct 09 20:52:19 <Maddy> Bou wanders into camp, looking a little singed around the edges.
Oct 09 20:52:23 <E4D> He does a superb job of hacking down the tree, Oxide speeding up the process considerably.
Oct 09 20:52:49 <Tom90deg> "Promise me you won't do something like that again, I'd never be able to forgive myself."
Oct 09 20:52:57 <Maddy> "Hey! Who set the forest on fire?" >8(
Oct 09 20:53:12 <Tom90deg> "Some kinda fire demon."
Oct 09 20:53:14 <MisterFlames> "Zoe, my dear… I don't know if I can make that sort of promise."
Oct 09 20:53:23 <Maddy> "Rude."
Oct 09 20:53:31 <Tom90deg> "You're telling me…"
Oct 09 20:53:41 <Tom90deg> "And I don't care, I can't lose you too."
Oct 09 20:54:31 <Soulless> "I do not think at this point any of us can be lost without dire consequences."
Oct 09 20:54:33 <Maddy> She's dragging her pot-o-durt. No one thought to pack it when they left.
Oct 09 20:54:47 <Soulless> "We should get back to the vehicles and away from the fire."
Oct 09 20:55:43 <E4D> After felling the small tree, he hacks it into 5 section, two longer than the others, then splits four of them.
Oct 09 20:56:21 <Tom90deg> Zoe hugs Midnight. "You and Dusty are the only family I have left."
Oct 09 20:56:30 <MisterFlames> "Thank you, Zoe.~
Oct 09 20:57:21 <E4D> He splits them again, giving him 4 long section, 4 short pieces, and a single, wide "body".
Oct 09 20:58:29 <Tom90deg> "So don't do anything like that again. There's always a 3rd option."
Oct 09 20:58:58 <Soulless> Alicel shrugs. Well alright then, he doesn't matter. He walks back by himself and goes off to find his replacements. He pulls out his bag of extra parts and starts working.
Oct 09 21:00:53 <E4D> He gets right to shaping the 'frame'. «Alice?»
Oct 09 21:01:39 <Soulless> 4df+7 tagging Kinship to replace and repair
Oct 09 21:01:40 <Glacon> Soulless: tagging Kinship to replace and repair: 7 (4df+7=0, -, 0, +)
Oct 09 21:01:47 <Maddy> «Yesss?»
Oct 09 21:03:35 <E4D> «I could use a hand.»
Oct 09 21:04:13 <Maddy> She saunters over. "Hmm?"
Oct 09 21:05:18 <E4D> <I need stuffing. Brush, undergrowth… shit like that. Care to help?>
Oct 09 21:07:37 <Tom90deg> "ANywho….Looks like I have some kinda reverse tattos now…"
Oct 09 21:08:06 <Maddy> "Of c-course hun. C-can I borrow your f-flamethrowerthing?"
Oct 09 21:08:32 <E4D> Jason passes her his rifle. "Gimme the Shrike."
Oct 09 21:08:37 <E4D> <>
Oct 09 21:08:38 <Maddy> She trades.
Oct 09 21:08:53 <Sabitsuki> The white skin appears to have a slightly darker floral design inside the white bits. It's kinda pretty
Oct 09 21:09:55 <Sabitsuki> The forest fire eventually dies out - the trees are fucked, but…
Oct 09 21:10:37 <Tom90deg> "Weird…Midngiht, don't suppose you can do a check here? Make sure nothing's werid about it?"
Oct 09 21:11:04 <Sabitsuki> The scoured ground seems to be rapidly growing purple, red, and yellow flowers, the flora rapidly growing up through the ash.
Oct 09 21:11:39 <Sabitsuki> Tulips, roses, etc. It's a fast growing florist's wet dream.
Oct 09 21:12:17 <Tom90deg> Zoe looks out over the growing landscape. "Huh…that's new."
Oct 09 21:13:11 * Ragazzo (ten.llebcap.ac2tks.lsd.EEA1F7A9-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.llebcap.ac2tks.lsd.EEA1F7A9-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Oct 09 21:13:14 <MisterFlames> 4df+4 Midnight looks over Zoe's arms.
Oct 09 21:13:15 <Glacon> MisterFlames: Midnight looks over Zoe's arms.: 4 (4df+4=0, +, 0, -)
Oct 09 21:13:42 <Sabitsuki> she's fine, those are permanent though
Oct 09 21:14:29 <Sabitsuki> Zoe and Midnight receives a sense of smug satisfaction from the mask; the accomplishment of a job done.
Oct 09 21:14:46 <Tom90deg> "So, what should we do with the mask?"
Oct 09 21:14:56 <E4D> Jason sets about gathering long grass, brambles, weeds, and undergrowth away from the forest edge.
Oct 09 21:16:41 <E4D> 4df+4 Perception
Oct 09 21:16:41 <Glacon> E4D: Perception: 3 (4df+4=-, +, 0, -)
Oct 09 21:16:52 <Dexanote> It's easy enough.
Oct 09 21:16:54 <E4D> 4df+4 Athletics
Oct 09 21:16:54 <Glacon> E4D: Athletics: 7 (4df+4=0, +, +, +)
Oct 09 21:17:49 <E4D> Jason gathers the shit like an SCV in a Vespene facility, and the Command Center is only 1 grid away.
Oct 09 21:20:22 <Ragazzo> Dusty wanders out of the Stryker, holding his latest incendiary concoction.
Oct 09 21:20:27 * Lilah (~moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.5D68B3DB-CRInys|nothsa#moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.5D68B3DB-CRInys|nothsa) has joined #afteraction
Oct 09 21:20:37 <E4D> He has the stuff collected in short order, and ties the crap around the frame with 550 cord. He heads to the ICV, looking for the 240's maintenance kit, hauling it out to the body he's laid out.
Oct 09 21:21:20 <Dexanote> and the head?
Oct 09 21:21:25 <E4D> He unscrews the top off a large container of CLP, and dumps it over the chain, pouring it evenly around.
Oct 09 21:21:34 <E4D> *C
Oct 09 21:21:38 <Maddy> Assume Alice has been looking this whole time, her player is distractedd at the moment
Oct 09 21:22:06 <Soulless> Alicel waves to Dusty. His hands are pretty ok, but he needs new gloves.
Oct 09 21:22:19 <E4D> A thought occurs. "Head! Head, head, head… that's what I need…"
Oct 09 21:22:47 <Sabitsuki> o_o
Oct 09 21:23:07 <Ragazzo> Dusty waves back!
Oct 09 21:23:15 <Ragazzo> Then he goes over to midnight and zoe.
Oct 09 21:23:32 <Tom90deg> "Hey Dusty, you missed it. Midnight almost did something very stupid."
Oct 09 21:23:41 <Ragazzo> "Lies and slander!"
Oct 09 21:23:46 <Ragazzo> Dusty smirks.
Oct 09 21:23:56 * Dawny (~ten.sndomt.D235C443-CRInys|alliztahc#ten.sndomt.D235C443-CRInys|alliztahc) has joined #afteraction
Oct 09 21:24:27 <Soulless> Alicel follows, hoping to join in conversation.
Oct 09 21:24:34 <Tom90deg> "Hey Alicel."
Oct 09 21:24:45 <Ragazzo> Dusty peers at Zoe's new ink.
Oct 09 21:24:48 <Tom90deg> "Naw..She tried to sacrafice herself to some kinda fire geine."
Oct 09 21:24:51 <E4D> He locates a large, basically spherical rock with some effort.
Oct 09 21:24:52 <Ragazzo> "…?"
Oct 09 21:24:56 <Ragazzo> "…"
Oct 09 21:25:02 <Tom90deg> "Heh, yah, the remains of those burns…They started to spread."
Oct 09 21:25:06 <Ragazzo> "Why was there a fire genie here?"
Oct 09 21:25:21 <Ragazzo> "Are you both ok?"
Oct 09 21:25:24 <Tom90deg> "Cause I almost got turned into a obsidian statue."
Oct 09 21:25:27 <Maddy> Alice foudn some vines and shit. some of them are thorny.
Oct 09 21:25:32 <E4D> He places it at the frame's head, and goes back to the gun bag, removing the spare barrel from its asbestos bag and placing it in the carrier.
Oct 09 21:25:51 <Tom90deg> "And yah, We're fine. the Fire thing wanted something buned, and Shank jumped him, heh, not the best move there."
Oct 09 21:26:06 <Ragazzo> "…huh."
Oct 09 21:26:09 <E4D> He turns, grabbing the chain with the bag, and dragging it the short distance to the frame, hefting it onto the frame.
Oct 09 21:26:12 <Ragazzo> "Can I see the marks?"
Oct 09 21:26:20 <Ragazzo> Where are they on zoe?
Oct 09 21:26:21 <MisterFlames> "It was a reasonable thought. Better a clean death than to be forever a statue."
Oct 09 21:26:25 <Dawny> Kay steps out of her tent and lights a cigarette.
Oct 09 21:26:34 <Tom90deg> But he managed to pull them off, now I got these…" Zoe shows off the white tracks going up and around her arms, with the slightly darker baroke designs inside.
Oct 09 21:26:51 <Tom90deg> "If I had a squirt bottle I would give you such a spritzing."
Oct 09 21:27:16 <Ragazzo> "…huh…" Dusty draws a warm fingertip gently up Zoe's arms, tracing her amrks.
Oct 09 21:27:23 <Soulless> "They do not look painful and are rather cool. Perhaps we should consider it like a reminder."
Oct 09 21:27:25 <Dexanote> There's a stillness for a moment, as the Chain explodes from the bag and lashes around the body, coiling tight. Two eyes and a zigzag mouth gouge through the rock as the chain imbeds into the bottom. It all sounds very scrapey.
Oct 09 21:27:26 <Ragazzo> "Well, I'm not going to mess with these."
Oct 09 21:27:35 <Ragazzo> "You sure you're both ok?"
Oct 09 21:27:37 <Dexanote> "Aaaaagh thaz tha last ti-"
Oct 09 21:27:43 <MisterFlames> "I'm good."
Oct 09 21:27:43 <Ragazzo> *marks
Oct 09 21:27:52 <E4D> <The last time *what*, Shank?>
Oct 09 21:28:08 <E4D> Jason stands in front of him, at his feet.
Oct 09 21:28:10 <Tom90deg> "Yah…Weird, huh?"
Oct 09 21:28:22 <Dexanote> There's a lurch as a Scythe bursts from his side, blade cleanly slipping out like a switchblade. "Las' time i run in without a plan."
Oct 09 21:28:43 <Dexanote> He plucks the Scythe out and leans against it. "Ugh…"
Oct 09 21:29:08 <Ragazzo> "Weird. PRetty, but weird."
Oct 09 21:29:16 <Ragazzo> "I'm glad you're both ok."
Oct 09 21:29:19 <Dexanote> "Where the FUCK did it go an' did you at leats 'urt it?"
Oct 09 21:29:27 <E4D> <How do you like your new threads?>
Oct 09 21:29:46 <E4D> He walks around him, surveying his work. <Rustic, I think.>
Oct 09 21:30:40 <Soulless> "I learned the damage of heat. Thankfully I had some parts." Alicel waves one of his hands. The clear carapace is warped and the metal obviously burnt.
Oct 09 21:30:43 <Dexanote> "Mm… like it." His eyes narrow. Why are they narrowing, they're made of stone.
Oct 09 21:30:46 <Ragazzo> "Anyway, midnight, check out this."
Oct 09 21:30:56 <Dexanote> "… Why didja do this…?"
Oct 09 21:31:03 <Ragazzo> Dusty holds out the molotov cocktail filled with pale amber liquid.
Oct 09 21:31:14 <Tom90deg> "Yah, me too. Can'e beleive midnight did something that stupid thought…"
Oct 09 21:31:37 <E4D> <Put you back together?>
Oct 09 21:31:44 <Soulless> "Oh, that was what you had created earlier and asked me to help with a flamethrower."
Oct 09 21:31:44 <Ragazzo> "Midnight's earned up a healthy reserve of bad decisions."
Oct 09 21:31:50 <Dexanote> "Yeh."
Oct 09 21:31:56 <Ragazzo> "Fire extinguisher, alicel."
Oct 09 21:31:57 * Sabitsuki has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Oct 09 21:32:10 <Soulless> Replace with extinguisher.
Oct 09 21:32:24 <Tom90deg> "Heh, I suppose so. She's made enough good ones."
Oct 09 21:32:37 <Dexanote> "… mmm. what do you want?"
Oct 09 21:32:43 <E4D> <I told you. I'll be around to collect to when the due's paid. No one else. Just me. Not an ifrit, not anything else. Just me.>
Oct 09 21:32:47 <Ragazzo> "Anyway, Midnight, I'm a little afraid this might be a dud. Can you look it over iwth your sight, tell me if there's anything here?"
Oct 09 21:32:56 <E4D> <What do I *want*?>
Oct 09 21:33:06 <Ragazzo> *with
Oct 09 21:33:11 <E4D> <I want a lot of things.>
Oct 09 21:34:37 <Ragazzo> Most of all he wants head.
Oct 09 21:34:41 <Dexanote> "… I guess…" he looks down, surveying himself. "… Seems i owe ya one, Jazon. Yor not so bad yorself."
Oct 09 21:35:29 <Dawny> Kay wonders over toward the group. "What's going on?" Kay's voice is still raspy.
Oct 09 21:35:46 <E4D> Jason reaches up, flipping the visor open, sliding it to the top of the helmet. "I thought I heard John on about something before. What do you owe? How do I collect *this* one?"
Oct 09 21:35:50 <Ragazzo> "Talking about recent events. Have you been using those lozenges?"
Oct 09 21:35:54 <Tom90deg> "Hey Kay, how's it going?"
Oct 09 21:36:35 <Dexanote> He tilts his head, frowning. "A favour, i s'pose. Ya helped me, so I should 'elp you."
Oct 09 21:36:41 <Dawny> Kay holds up the unopened lozenges. "Not yet, not so bad today."
Oct 09 21:36:59 <Dexanote> "Nothin that would kill me, course. 'm not that generous."
Oct 09 21:37:05 <Soulless> "Kay, hello."
Oct 09 21:37:24 <Ragazzo> "Mmm."
Oct 09 21:37:36 <E4D> "'Course."
Oct 09 21:37:39 <Soulless> "Do you have anything that could work as gloves?" Alicel waves his metal hand. "I appeared to have burned away another pair."
Oct 09 21:37:57 <Ragazzo> Dusty doesn't comment on the fact that zoe is still foolishly refusing the completely disadvatageless magic healing cat they have.
Oct 09 21:38:04 <Dawny> "Hello Alicel, I do…I have plenty of gloves."
Oct 09 21:38:29 <Ragazzo> *disadvantage-less
Oct 09 21:38:53 <Dawny> Kay reaches into her pocket and pulls out a pair of purple medical gloves. "Will these work?"
Oct 09 21:39:02 <E4D> "Tell you what. I'm gonna take some time to think about it. Think of something appropriate…" He walks toward the parked vehicles, grabbing the asbestos bag and the 240 kit.
Oct 09 21:39:06 <E4D> And stops.
Oct 09 21:39:18 <E4D> "Never mind. I've got the perfect idea."
Oct 09 21:39:33 <Maddy> Bou is playing with what looks like a garter snake.
Oct 09 21:39:35 <Dexanote> "… Uh. Aight."
Oct 09 21:39:41 <E4D> He drops the bag, pointing. At Alice. "See her standing over there?"
Oct 09 21:40:04 <Maddy> Alice is infact stanting over ther.
Oct 09 21:40:10 <Dexanote> "… Mm?"
Oct 09 21:40:29 <Soulless> "They will do. Thank you kindly."
Oct 09 21:40:39 <Soulless> Alicel slips on the gloves. Yay!
Oct 09 21:40:46 <Dexanote> "I see her. Yor Alice."
Oct 09 21:41:29 <Dawny> "No worries" Kay takes another drag and looks at the lozenges. She tries to decide if making her throat better is worth using something Dusty gave her.
Oct 09 21:41:56 <E4D> "Yes, my Alice. Something comes after her, your new job in life is to fuck it up. Sounds like a reasonable enough favor, dontcha think? Hell, it's damn good business on your end. Put something down, *and* send it off."
Oct 09 21:42:17 <Dexanote> "Heh. Aight. I like that."
Oct 09 21:42:55 <Dexanote> "Clever, Jazon. Tha next time somethin attacks Alice Dodrodge, nee Erdritch, I will hit it wit everythin I got."
Oct 09 21:43:10 <Dexanote> "Before you get all defensive I listen in on everyone."
Oct 09 21:43:13 <Ragazzo> Dusty's stuff is first class. Ladies love the soothing sensation of it in their throats.
Oct 09 21:43:31 <Ragazzo> That was too easy.
Oct 09 21:43:39 * Dexanote has kicked Ragazzo from #AfterAction (Yep.)
Oct 09 21:43:43 * Ragazzo (ten.llebcap.ac2tks.lsd.EEA1F7A9-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.llebcap.ac2tks.lsd.EEA1F7A9-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Oct 09 21:45:36 <Dawny> ~Midnight? Is this safe?~
Oct 09 21:46:56 <E4D> He says nothing else, picking up the dropped bag and heading to the ICV.