Seaweed Masses

Nov 07 17:24:18 <CondorGM> *splash*
Nov 07 17:24:24 <E4D> He looks over at the setting sun. "Nice…
Nov 07 17:24:31 <CondorGM> *splat*
Nov 07 17:24:35 <AliceD> "Think w-…what was t-that?"
Nov 07 17:24:37 <Serafina> "Anything from cryptids to hauntings. Anything that has even a possibility of being true, not that-"
Nov 07 17:24:44 <CondorGM> Something has landed on the deck.
Nov 07 17:24:46 <Serafina> "Did you hear that?"
Nov 07 17:24:51 <Rothchild> Will looks over, trying to figure out where the sound is. "Yeah."
Nov 07 17:24:57 <Serafina> Sera's hand goes to her crowbar.
Nov 07 17:25:12 <E4D> 4df+4 Perception maneuver to Ranged. Jason draws down, looking for a target and sighting in.
Nov 07 17:25:13 <Glacon> E4D: Perception maneuver to Ranged. Jason draws down, looking for a target and sighting in.: 3 (4df+4=+, -, -, 0)
Nov 07 17:25:36 <Rothchild> Will grabs a globe of water from the ocean, raising it up and holding it close to him.
Nov 07 17:25:42 <CondorGM> There's a small mass of… green… something on the side deck.
Nov 07 17:26:32 <Rothchild> "The hell's that…?"
Nov 07 17:26:35 <PaulS_laptop> John gets up. *clickityclack* the gun comes out
Nov 07 17:27:10 <CondorGM> It looks to be writhing.
Nov 07 17:27:20 <Serafina> 4df+4 Perception to get a better look
Nov 07 17:27:21 <Glacon> Serafina: Perception to get a better look: 5 (4df+4=+, 0, 0, 0)
Nov 07 17:27:25 <AliceD> Alice is in a bathing suit FUCK!
Nov 07 17:28:02 <CondorGM> Dark green, slimy, tangled…
Nov 07 17:28:06 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+2 survival maneuver to find a place with a clear lane of fire
Nov 07 17:28:06 <CondorGM> Seaweed.
Nov 07 17:28:07 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: survival maneuver to find a place with a clear lane of fire: 1 (4df+2=-, -, 0, +)
Nov 07 17:28:13 <PaulS_laptop> nope, nowhere clear
Nov 07 17:28:47 <Serafina> "It's seaweed. Living seaweed."
Nov 07 17:28:59 <Serafina> "Animate seaweed, rather."
Nov 07 17:29:13 <AliceD> "…wat."
Nov 07 17:29:22 <Rothchild> "So it seems…"
Nov 07 17:29:33 <E4D> Jason edges up to it, weapon up.
Nov 07 17:29:37 <CondorGM> It begins to hop in place…
Nov 07 17:29:41 <Serafina> «Animate seaweed on deck. Anyone who wants to help, feel free.»
Nov 07 17:29:43 <E4D> "O_O"
Nov 07 17:29:53 <PaulS_laptop> «I'll get the broom»
Nov 07 17:29:54 <CondorGM> Jason, roll PhysDef
Nov 07 17:29:56 <Rothchild> "I wonder if I can leech the water out of it."
Nov 07 17:30:08 <PaulS_laptop> John indeed does head off, returning with a pushbroom
Nov 07 17:30:18 <E4D> 4df+5 He swings out to buttstroke it with his rifle as it attacks.
Nov 07 17:30:19 <Glacon> E4D: He swings out to buttstroke it with his rifle as it attacks.: 5 (4df+5=0, -, 0, +)
Nov 07 17:30:31 <Serafina> "Wouldn't you have to touch it for that? That seems like a bad idea."
Nov 07 17:30:47 <CondorGM> 4df+2 SEAWEEEEE'D
Nov 07 17:30:47 <Glacon> CondorGM: SEAWEEEEE'D: 3 (4df+2=0, -, +, +)
Nov 07 17:31:06 <Serafina> Sera withdraws her gun from its holster, though she leaves the safety on.
Nov 07 17:31:28 * SpaceMao (~PI.633FA761.4B354EEC.8875E8E2|criordna#PI.633FA761.4B354EEC.8875E8E2|criordna) has joined #afteraction
Nov 07 17:31:31 <AliceD> "Jason!" Alice you are still in a swim suit, what are you going to do.
Nov 07 17:31:34 <Rothchild> 4df+4 Aquamancy || Attuned as he is to water, Rothchild latches onto the water inside the seaweed, trying to do the same stunt Magneto did with the iron in the guard's blood.
Nov 07 17:31:35 <Glacon> Rothchild: Aquamancy || Attuned as he is to water, Rothchild latches onto the water inside the seaweed, trying to do the same stunt Magneto did with the iron in the guard's blood.: 6 (4df+4=0, 0, +, +)
Nov 07 17:31:50 <CondorGM> The mass of seaweed suddenly bounds off the deck, flying toward Jason. The wind streamlines the seaweed, and you can see it looks like a fish. Jason bats it into the water.
Nov 07 17:32:00 <E4D> "Ha!"
Nov 07 17:32:08 <PaulS_laptop> "Home run"
Nov 07 17:32:09 <E4D> "Haha! Look what I did!"
Nov 07 17:32:09 <CondorGM> *spalsh* it goes.
Nov 07 17:32:22 * Lurker (~PI.CFF2DA74.165D2F01.636F8EB|i.yellaCJ#PI.CFF2DA74.165D2F01.636F8EB|i.yellaCJ) has left #afteraction
Nov 07 17:32:26 <AliceD> "I f-feel like I should get d-dressed, or at least get a gun."
Nov 07 17:32:33 * Rothchild laughs. "Good shot, Jason!"
Nov 07 17:33:06 <Serafina> "Not to spoil the mood, but I somehow doubt it was alone."
Nov 07 17:33:30 <E4D> Jason passes Alice his rifle.
Nov 07 17:33:36 <PaulS_laptop> John looks at his broom "gonna need a bigger broom"
Nov 07 17:33:40 <PaulS_laptop> snerk
Nov 07 17:33:44 <AliceD> Alice is now a babe with a gun. This is awesome.
Nov 07 17:33:59 <AliceD> She poses like a pin up girl, just for a second
Nov 07 17:34:10 <E4D> "Sexy."
Nov 07 17:34:13 * SpaceMao|work has quit (Ping timeout)
Nov 07 17:34:20 <CondorGM> *splash*
Nov 07 17:34:28 * Foran (PI.DFE35DAF.3AABF522.2A9520F8|naroF#PI.DFE35DAF.3AABF522.2A9520F8|naroF) has joined #afteraction
Nov 07 17:34:30 <CondorGM> *splash* *splash* *splash*
Nov 07 17:34:31 <Serafina> Sera holsters the gun again, leaving both hands free for her crowbar.
Nov 07 17:34:32 <Rothchild> "Not again."
Nov 07 17:34:38 <CondorGM> *splash* *splash* *splash* *splash* *splash* *splash* *splash* *splash* *splash* *splash* *splash* *splash* *splash* *splash* *splash*
Nov 07 17:34:46 <CondorGM> Everyone, PhysDef.
Nov 07 17:34:54 <AliceD> 4df+4 Ahhhh
Nov 07 17:34:55 <Glacon> AliceD: Ahhhh: 4 (4df+4=+, 0, -, 0)
Nov 07 17:34:57 <Serafina> «We have… a lot of hostiles.»
Nov 07 17:34:59 <Rothchild> 4df+3 BRICK
Nov 07 17:35:00 <Glacon> Rothchild: BRICK: 0 (4df+3=-, -, -, 0)
Nov 07 17:35:02 <Rothchild> nope
Nov 07 17:35:15 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+2
Nov 07 17:35:16 <Serafina> 4df+2 Oh shi-
Nov 07 17:35:16 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: 1 (4df+2=-, 0, 0, 0)
Nov 07 17:35:16 <Glacon> Serafina: Oh shi-: 3 (4df+2=0, +, -, +)
Nov 07 17:35:29 * Tom90deg has quit (Ping timeout)
Nov 07 17:35:37 <E4D> 4df+5
Nov 07 17:35:37 <Glacon> E4D: 7 (4df+5=+, +, 0, 0)
Nov 07 17:35:48 <E4D> Jason swings out again.
Nov 07 17:35:56 <CondorGM> 4df+2 Writhing green masses.
Nov 07 17:35:56 <Glacon> CondorGM: Writhing green masses.: -1 (4df+2=-, -, 0, -)
Nov 07 17:36:55 <CondorGM> Suddenly, numerous masses of seaweed jump out of the water, some big, some small.
Nov 07 17:37:26 <E4D> 4df+7 Jason opens fire.
Nov 07 17:37:27 <Glacon> E4D: Jason opens fire.: 8 (4df+7=0, -, +, +)
Nov 07 17:37:33 <CondorGM> And since Glacon hates me, the fish don't actually hit anyone, or are hit back, or whatever.
Nov 07 17:37:49 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+5 John reaches over and grabs the fire hose. Hey, it was handy.
Nov 07 17:37:50 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: John reaches over and grabs the fire hose. Hey, it was handy.: 3 (4df+5=0, -, -, 0)
Nov 07 17:37:54 <Rothchild> 4df+4 AP for Aquamancy || Rothchild grabs onto the water from as many as he can and flings them back overboard.
Nov 07 17:37:54 <Glacon> Rothchild: AP for Aquamancy || Rothchild grabs onto the water from as many as he can and flings them back overboard.: 4 (4df+4=+, 0, -, 0)
Nov 07 17:38:06 <CondorGM> 4df Seaweed isn't that strong.
Nov 07 17:38:06 <Glacon> CondorGM: Seaweed isn't that strong.: -1 (4df=+, -, 0, -)
Nov 07 17:38:07 <PaulS_laptop> **and sprays
Nov 07 17:38:48 <CondorGM> The seaweed masses all fly back, having been shot or thrown overbo-
Nov 07 17:39:21 <CondorGM> John sprays one particular seaweed mass with the fire hose.
Nov 07 17:39:49 <CondorGM> And it grows.
Nov 07 17:40:09 <CondorGM> John, PhysDef.
Nov 07 17:40:28 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+2 "Get offa my boat"
Nov 07 17:40:28 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: "Get offa my boat": 2 (4df+2=0, +, -, 0)
Nov 07 17:40:41 <CondorGM> 4df+4 Big fish is big.
Nov 07 17:40:41 <Glacon> CondorGM: Big fish is big.: 6 (4df+4=0, 0, +, +)
Nov 07 17:40:58 <E4D> O_O
Nov 07 17:40:59 <AliceD> "O_O Jason, I t-think I should get dressed."
Nov 07 17:41:12 <CondorGM> The big fish, actually it's a barracuda, lands on top of John.
Nov 07 17:41:28 <E4D> "WHAT THE FUCK."
Nov 07 17:41:36 <AliceD> Alice runs over. "J-jason, help me."
Nov 07 17:41:38 <Rothchild> "Holy fuck!"
Nov 07 17:42:02 <E4D> 4df+4 Athletics Jason helps Alice lift it away.
Nov 07 17:42:02 <Glacon> E4D: Athletics Jason helps Alice lift it away.: 2 (4df+4=-, -, 0, 0)
Nov 07 17:42:04 <AliceD> 4df+4 "On three!" Alice pushes.
Nov 07 17:42:05 <CondorGM> -1 Body.
Nov 07 17:42:05 <Glacon> AliceD: "On three!" Alice pushes.: 5 (4df+4=-, +, 0, +)
Nov 07 17:42:16 <E4D> Jason slips on the seaweed.
Nov 07 17:42:22 <CondorGM> 4df+4 So big.
Nov 07 17:42:23 <AliceD> Alice is powered by her sexyness.
Nov 07 17:42:23 <Glacon> CondorGM: So big.: 3 (4df+4=0, -, -, +)
Nov 07 17:42:42 <CondorGM> Alice pushes the gigantic fish off of John. BY HERSELF.
Nov 07 17:42:45 <Rothchild> 4df+4 Aquamancy to Melee || A blob of the water that John shot at the fish breaks away and forms over William's now-clenched fist.
Nov 07 17:42:46 <Glacon> Rothchild: Aquamancy to Melee || A blob of the water that John shot at the fish breaks away and forms over William's now-clenched fist.: 2 (4df+4=0, -, 0, -)
Nov 07 17:42:54 <Rothchild> And sloughs off.
Nov 07 17:43:22 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+8 "Fire in his eyes" John's gun snaps up to the fish's head, and he fires
Nov 07 17:43:23 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: "Fire in his eyes" John's gun snaps up to the fish's head, and he fires: 7 (4df+8=-, 0, 0, 0)
Nov 07 17:43:33 <PaulS_laptop> "Barracuda for dinner tonight?"
Nov 07 17:43:39 <CondorGM> The fish is flipped on it's side.
Nov 07 17:43:58 <Serafina> 4df+4 Perception, Sera watches for any more weed attacks while the others are busy.
Nov 07 17:43:58 <Glacon> Serafina: Perception, Sera watches for any more weed attacks while the others are busy.: 3 (4df+4=0, -, -, +)
Nov 07 17:44:08 <AliceD> "I c-can make killer fish kabobs."
Nov 07 17:44:09 <CondorGM> 4df+2 lol its seewead it haz no i's
Nov 07 17:44:09 <Glacon> CondorGM: lol its seewead it haz no i's: 1 (4df+2=0, 0, -, 0)
Nov 07 17:44:49 <CondorGM> The bullet rips through the fish, ricocheting off the hull of the ship.
Nov 07 17:45:29 <CondorGM> The mass loses cohesion, and falls apart into strings of seaweed.
Nov 07 17:45:40 <CondorGM> Who's going to clean this fucking mess
Nov 07 17:45:49 <Rothchild> Rothchild will.
Nov 07 17:46:01 <Rothchild> He pushes them all off the boat with aquamancy.
Nov 07 17:46:13 <CondorGM> Coolio, bro.
Nov 07 17:46:15 <E4D> Jason grabs his wife and pulls her back away from the barracuda.
Nov 07 17:46:26 <Serafina> Sera hooks a couple strands with her crowbar as they wash away.
Nov 07 17:46:30 <AliceD> Alice is pulled! "C-cant we have a n-normal day?"
Nov 07 17:46:51 <Rothchild> Bam.
Nov 07 17:46:52 <PaulS_laptop> John gets up, and uses the broom to push the fish off
Nov 07 17:46:59 <PaulS_laptop> **the seaweed
Nov 07 17:49:35 <AliceD> Alice keeps a look out for more monstrosities.
Nov 07 17:49:54 <CondorGM> But none come.
Nov 07 17:49:57 <Serafina> Sera gets her radio out with her free hand, the other holding the weedy crowbar. «Could someone get me a sealed container?»
Nov 07 17:50:26 * Tanhony has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Nov 07 17:51:25 <AliceD> "Think w-we're safe, babe?"
Nov 07 17:52:57 <E4D> "I think so… get that container, hun?
Nov 07 17:53:41 <AliceD> "Will do." Alice head below deck, returning clothed and with a container for Sera. "H-here y'are."
Nov 07 17:54:09 <Serafina> Sera slips the weeds off the crowbar into the container, then seals it up.
Nov 07 17:54:28 <Serafina> "Thank you, Mrs. Dodridge."
Nov 07 17:54:56 <AliceD> "Alice is f-fine."
Nov 07 17:55:47 <Serafina> "Thank you then, Alice."
Nov 07 17:56:12 <AliceD> "I'll have to p-poke at that later.
Nov 07 17:56:21 <Rothchild> Will shakes his head. "That was interesting."
Nov 07 17:57:47 <Serafina> "Some kind of colony organism, capable of mimicking other sea life. Hopefully it's unique to this area."
Nov 07 17:58:33 <AliceD> "I s-spose we'll find out." Alice motions to the glass contaner. "Jason, w-where should we put this?"
Nov 07 17:59:17 <E4D> "Uhhh…"
Nov 07 17:59:38 <Serafina> "It should probably be kept as far from water as possible, judging from earlier."
Nov 07 17:59:45 <E4D> «John?»
Nov 07 18:00:08 <E4D> «Can you cram this fucker into a steel container? Empty fuel cell?»
Nov 07 18:00:10 * You are now known as Maddy
Nov 07 18:02:43 * Foran has quit (Quit: )
Nov 07 18:03:29 * Foran (PI.DFE35DAF.3AABF522.2A9520F8|naroF#PI.DFE35DAF.3AABF522.2A9520F8|naroF) has joined #afteraction
Nov 07 18:04:25 <Maddy> "I'll go find one, babe." Alice, again goes to find a container. "T-this good?" she says bringing a fuel cell.
Nov 07 18:05:58 * PaulS_laptop has quit (Ping timeout)
Nov 07 18:09:20 <E4D> "That'll do it…"
Nov 07 18:09:33 * Strife has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Nov 07 18:09:40 * Foran has quit (Quit: )
Nov 07 18:10:33 <Maddy> She nods, moving the stuff from the glass container to the new housing.
Nov 07 18:13:08 <Maddy> "N-now what?"
Nov 07 18:14:15 <E4D> I say…
Nov 07 18:14:21 <E4D> "I say…"
Nov 07 18:14:40 <E4D> CondorGM: Is it still alive? Moving around?
Nov 07 18:15:02 <CondorGM> Nope
Nov 07 18:15:06 <CondorGM> …
Nov 07 18:15:08 <CondorGM> Not currently
Nov 07 18:15:58 <E4D> "See if you can dehydrate it?"
Nov 07 18:16:16 <E4D> "Maybe you can check it out some more later. Make sure you do it safe, though, ya know?"
Nov 07 18:17:16 * Tom90deg (~moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.A90C65A3-CRInys|ged09moT#moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.A90C65A3-CRInys|ged09moT) has joined #afteraction
Nov 07 18:17:29 <Serafina> "We should put it somewhere well-monitored, in case it tries to escape."
Nov 07 18:17:38 <Maddy> "Will, you t-think you could s-speed up the dehydration p-process?"
Nov 07 18:17:51 <Rothchild> "Mm? Oh. Yeah."
Nov 07 18:18:11 <Rothchild> Will turns to face Alice and concentrates on the piece of seaweed.
Nov 07 18:18:34 <Rothchild> 4df+4 Aquamancy || Same trick, leeching the water out of the plant life
Nov 07 18:18:34 <Glacon> Rothchild: Aquamancy || Same trick, leeching the water out of the plant life: 5 (4df+4=0, +, +, -)
Nov 07 18:18:36 * Strife (PI.D27C7677.26937DF1.0501ED89|tibbiM#PI.D27C7677.26937DF1.0501ED89|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Nov 07 18:18:51 <CondorGM> The container starts to shake.
Nov 07 18:19:00 <Maddy> "uuuhhh…"
Nov 07 18:19:05 <Rothchild> As he works, a globe of water separates from the seaweed, made of the water he's pulling from the material.
Nov 07 18:19:16 <CondorGM> Can…
Nov 07 18:19:26 <Maddy> Alice puts the container down and backs up a little.
Nov 07 18:19:30 <CondorGM> Can you hear… screaming…? It's very faint…
Nov 07 18:19:45 <CondorGM> And then suddenly, the box stops shaking.
Nov 07 18:19:52 <Tom90deg> Zoe heads up on deck, she heard something about evil seaweed, and goes to check it out.
Nov 07 18:19:53 <Maddy> Alice looks at Jason.
Nov 07 18:19:59 <E4D> Jason raises his handgun, aiming at the container.
Nov 07 18:20:07 <Maddy> "Should I open it?
Nov 07 18:20:09 <Rothchild> "Think I may have killed it." Matter-of-fact.
Nov 07 18:20:20 <E4D> "No. I will."
Nov 07 18:20:34 <E4D> "Just be ready."
Nov 07 18:20:39 <Maddy> Alice nods. "I've got your back."
Nov 07 18:20:43 <Serafina> "Was that a psychic effect? There's no way it could physically produce those sounds?"
Nov 07 18:20:59 <E4D> He edges back up the the container and unscrew the cap.
Nov 07 18:21:14 <Tom90deg> "Problem up here?"
Nov 07 18:22:08 <CondorGM> Inside's a dry piece of seaweed.
Nov 07 18:22:19 <Serafina> "We were attacked by seaweed. Colonial organism, shapeshifting, possibly psychic."
Nov 07 18:22:20 <Maddy> "Who knows, Zoe." Alice has Jason's rifle aimed at the can.
Nov 07 18:22:41 <Rothchild> The water ball floats away from the seaweed, just to be safe.
Nov 07 18:23:07 <Tom90deg> "Psychic Seaweed? That's a new one."
Nov 07 18:23:15 * PaulS_laptop (~PI.2447D932.FF38DDE6.33DB09B|luap#PI.2447D932.FF38DDE6.33DB09B|luap) has joined #afteraction
Nov 07 18:23:26 <E4D> "I have an idea. How about we just fucking *burn* it."
Nov 07 18:23:35 <Maddy> "I like t-that idea."
Nov 07 18:23:45 <Maddy> "A-anyone g-got a lighter?"
Nov 07 18:23:52 <Tom90deg> "I do."
Nov 07 18:23:53 <Serafina> "It might be worth further study. We have no idea how widespread this is."
Nov 07 18:24:07 <Tom90deg> Zoe pulls out her Austraian zippo.
Nov 07 18:24:21 <E4D> "Okay, well, if it's widespread, then we burn it next time."
Nov 07 18:24:27 <Rothchild> The water orb falls over the side.
Nov 07 18:24:32 <E4D> "What does it being widespread have to do with anything?"
Nov 07 18:24:47 * Nusquam has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Nov 07 18:24:52 <E4D> "And what study? The shit attacked us, we dry it up, it burns."
Nov 07 18:25:04 <Serafina> "Because it is colonial, and at least somewhat intelligent. This time it was a barracuda, next time it might be a whale."
Nov 07 18:25:05 <E4D> "That's about all the research we need, wouldn't ya say?"
Nov 07 18:25:20 <E4D> "Okay, and then we hit it with high-ex."
Nov 07 18:25:27 <E4D> "And burn it while we blow it to pieces."
Nov 07 18:25:44 <Serafina> "And if several whales come after us? This boat would not stand up to such an attack?"
Nov 07 18:26:10 <Rothchild> "I'll hold them off," Will says.
Nov 07 18:26:22 <E4D> "Well, I guess we'd just be fucked, wouldn't we. What is 'research' gonna tell us again? How many whales are gonna come after us?"
Nov 07 18:26:24 <Maddy> "…how is s-studiing a peice of dried seaweed going to help us a-against a whale?"
Nov 07 18:26:41 * Salmander (~ten.elbacwahs.gc.63A9248-CRInys|rednamlaS#ten.elbacwahs.gc.63A9248-CRInys|rednamlaS) has joined #afteraction
Nov 07 18:26:54 <Serafina> "Research into the mechanism of its coherence. Ways to keep it from banding together into larger organisms."
Nov 07 18:28:08 <E4D> "If you haven't noticed, we're on a minehunter."
Nov 07 18:28:45 <E4D> "What you're talking about would require synthesis, research and development, and manufacture. We're not exactly set up for that."
Nov 07 18:28:51 <Maddy> "N-not a lot of research to be done here."
Nov 07 18:29:39 <Serafina> Sera sighs, pinching the bridge of her nose. "Very well. Do as you wish, then." She hangs her crowbar from her belt again and heads off belowdeck.
Nov 07 18:29:43 <E4D> "Don't get us wrong." Jason nods at Alice. "Studyin' this type of shit was her job."
Nov 07 18:29:57 <Tom90deg> Zoe follows after Sera.
Nov 07 18:30:04 <E4D> "But it's not like we can- okay."
Nov 07 18:30:07 * SpaceMao has quit (Ping timeout)
Nov 07 18:30:31 <Rothchild> Will looks between the retreating pair, and the pair in front of him. "…Hm."
Nov 07 18:30:31 <E4D> "Wow. Should be love at first sight for Zoe."
Nov 07 18:30:31 * Heiden (ten.htuoslleb.mem.70A1631B-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.htuoslleb.mem.70A1631B-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Nov 07 18:30:32 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Heiden
Nov 07 18:30:48 <CondorGM> Elsewhere…
Nov 07 18:30:55 <Maddy> "Hehe."
Nov 07 18:31:01 <CondorGM> In the dark depths below.
Nov 07 18:31:05 <Tom90deg> "Don't worry bout it Sera."
Nov 07 18:31:06 <CondorGM> Something stirs.
Nov 07 18:31:24 <CondorGM> Something alive. Something massive. Something ANGRY.
Nov 07 18:31:36 <CondorGM> One of its children… is dead.
Nov 07 18:31:42 <CondorGM> …
Nov 07 18:31:45 <CondorGM> It moves.
Nov 07 18:31:48 <E4D> Jason farts.
Nov 07 18:32:06 <Serafina> "I can understand not leaving it alive, but destroying the remains? It's pointless. This could be a far bigger threat than any of us know."
Nov 07 18:33:01 <Tom90deg> "Jason's concered with one thing. Can you kill it. Everything else is more or less pointless. If you can kill it, why study it? And to be fair, not like we have the facilaties to do research."
Nov 07 18:33:03 <E4D> Jason carries the remains, that have not been destroyed, belowdecks.
Nov 07 18:33:30 <Rothchild> "Does that happen often?" Will asks Alice.
Nov 07 18:33:32 <Tom90deg> "Anywho…"
Nov 07 18:34:22 <Maddy> "Being attacked? Yeah. B-by living seaweed, this is a f-first."
Nov 07 18:35:00 <Rothchild> "Well, that, but….that sort of ways and means dispute."
Nov 07 18:36:03 <Maddy> "What do you m-mean"
Nov 07 18:37:05 <Rothchild> "Someone wants to study it, and someone else, in this case Jason, just wants to kill it." He's curious, not offering his own opinion on the matter.
Nov 07 18:39:31 <Maddy> "Eh, we're all for studying shit, when it's w-worth it. Sera's not b-been here long, but f-from what she's said she's t-the kinda perons who wants to know e-everything about everything. Even w-when it's not feasible."
Nov 07 18:39:51 <Maddy> Alice shrugs. "Then again, she's only been here like a day, s-so what do I know."
Nov 07 18:40:16 <Rothchild> He nods. "Yeah…that's sort of what she said to me, too. Paranormal investigator, or such."
Nov 07 18:40:25 <Rothchild> "It makes sense…but I see Jason's argument."
Nov 07 18:40:48 * Foran (PI.DFE35DAF.3AABF522.2A9520F8|naroF#PI.DFE35DAF.3AABF522.2A9520F8|naroF) has joined #afteraction
Nov 07 18:43:33 * Rothchild (~ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.99019A52-CRInys|agemO#ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.99019A52-CRInys|agemO) has left #afteraction
Nov 07 18:43:35 * Rothchild (~ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.99019A52-CRInys|agemO#ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.99019A52-CRInys|agemO) has joined #afteraction
Nov 07 18:44:06 * Dae (~ten.xoc.ta.np.A71FDC51-CRInys|eziladeaD#ten.xoc.ta.np.A71FDC51-CRInys|eziladeaD) has joined #afteraction
Nov 07 18:44:43 <Maddy> "Yeah, I mean, I was the Director of Research at Site 23. I /know/ studying shit is useful. When ypu can do so."
Nov 07 18:45:43 * Serafina has quit (Ping timeout)
Nov 07 18:45:51 * Dae is now known as Serafina
Nov 07 18:45:54 <Rothchild> "Yeah. You can take all the time you want to study the water, but if you're not ready for the wave when it hits you…" he shrugs.
Nov 07 18:51:22 <E4D> Jason's changed over to Oxide. He's messing around with the dead seaweed thing. That is to say, he's poking at it and pushing it around with a wrench.
Nov 07 18:51:59 * Laito is now known as Artemis
Nov 07 18:52:10 <Serafina> Sera starts to head for her room, then stops in the hall and ponders.
Nov 07 18:52:23 <Rothchild> Truly, Jason Dodridge is a man who knows what he's doing.
Nov 07 18:52:32 * MisterFlames (~ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.16251B5-CRInys|SD#ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.16251B5-CRInys|SD) has joined #afteraction
Nov 07 18:52:32 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to MisterFlames
Nov 07 18:54:01 <Artemis> Artemis emerges from the boat.
Nov 07 18:55:00 <Rothchild> "Hello, Artemis," Will says, nodding to the other man.
Nov 07 18:55:21 * Artemis nods. "What happened?"
Nov 07 18:55:44 * MisterFlames has quit (Ping timeout)
Nov 07 18:56:01 <Rothchild> "Seaweed monsters, or something." Will shrugs. "We beat them back, and captured a specimen. I dried it out, and now we're figuring out what's what.
Nov 07 18:56:02 <Rothchild> "
Nov 07 18:57:10 <Artemis> Artemis furrows a thoughtful brow, then slips on his mask. Seamonsters. Ugh.
Nov 07 18:58:12 <Maddy> Alice has wandered off to make tea ad bring some to jason
Nov 07 18:59:14 <Serafina> «Are there any chemicals aboard in large quantities?»
Nov 07 19:00:30 <E4D> «Why.»
Nov 07 19:01:46 <CondorGM> It feels the presence.
Nov 07 19:01:47 <CondorGM> There.
Nov 07 19:01:58 <CondorGM> Revenge.
Nov 07 19:02:09 <Serafina> «Well, if our primary concern is killing the weeds, then we'll need efficient methods of it. Just pushing them into the water won't work, because they'll come back, and I doubt we can dry out all the weeds that are in this area. So, we dump chemicals into the water, and kill it all at once.»
Nov 07 19:02:14 * Strife has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Nov 07 19:03:03 <CondorGM> And it swims up.
Nov 07 19:03:06 <CondorGM> To kill.
Nov 07 19:03:23 <Maddy> «Let's not needlessly polute the ocean. Though k-killing it with chemicals if more c-come is a good idea.»
Nov 07 19:03:23 <CondorGM> Everyone, Athletics roll.
Nov 07 19:03:30 <Maddy> 4df+4 Ffffuuuu-
Nov 07 19:03:31 <Glacon> Maddy: Ffffuuuu-: 2 (4df+4=-, -, +, -)
Nov 07 19:03:35 <CondorGM> To keep balance.
Nov 07 19:03:52 <E4D> 4df+4 Jason grabs a nearby table.
Nov 07 19:03:52 <Glacon> E4D: Jason grabs a nearby table.: 7 (4df+4=0, +, +, +)
Nov 07 19:03:52 <Serafina> 4df+2
Nov 07 19:03:52 <Glacon> Serafina: 0 (4df+2=-, +, -, -)
Nov 07 19:03:56 <Rothchild> 4df+2 Cali
Nov 07 19:03:56 <Glacon> Rothchild: Cali: 3 (4df+2=+, 0, +, -)
Nov 07 19:04:01 <Artemis> 4df+5 Tagging CC due to being rather heavy.
Nov 07 19:04:01 <Glacon> Artemis: Tagging CC due to being rather heavy.: 3 (4df+5=-, +, -, -)
Nov 07 19:04:29 * Strifey (PI.D27C7677.26937DF1.0501ED89|tibbiM#PI.D27C7677.26937DF1.0501ED89|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Nov 07 19:04:34 * MisterFlames (~ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.16251B5-CRInys|SD#ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.16251B5-CRInys|SD) has joined #afteraction
Nov 07 19:04:34 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to MisterFlames
Nov 07 19:05:58 <CondorGM> There is a loud banging sound as the boat tips slightly. Alice and Sera are caught unawares and fall over.
Nov 07 19:06:28 <Rothchild> Will compensates for the tip and stays upright, looking around wildly. "The hell was that?!"
Nov 07 19:06:29 <Maddy> "Gah fuck!" Alice tumbles right into the room Jason's in, unless the door is closed, then she slams into that.
Nov 07 19:07:01 <Serafina> «…I really hope that wasn't what I think it was.»
Nov 07 19:07:07 <E4D> «ALL PERSONNEL! CONTACT! CONTACT! JOHN!, GET BELOW!!!»
Nov 07 19:07:27 <E4D> Jason rights Alice and heads for the stairs leading abovedecks.
Nov 07 19:07:35 <Maddy> Alice gets up and dusts herself off. "Guuuuh." She follows! Woosh.
Nov 07 19:07:56 <Artemis> Artemis draws his pistol and sword with a fluid movement. "What is it?"
Nov 07 19:07:57 <Rothchild> William is casting about, looking for the source of whatever slammed into the boat, circling the deck.
Nov 07 19:08:07 <Rothchild> "No clue!"
Nov 07 19:08:10 <CondorGM> Will, PhysDef
Nov 07 19:08:35 <Rothchild> 4df+3 hngh
Nov 07 19:08:35 <Glacon> Rothchild: hngh: 4 (4df+3=0, 0, 0, +)
Nov 07 19:08:40 <Serafina> Sera clambers to her feet, then heads for the mess, specifically the kitchen.
Nov 07 19:09:50 <Serafina> She looks for cooking oil. There'd have to be pretty big things of it on a ship this large.
Nov 07 19:10:53 <CondorGM> 4df+5 WHOOSH
Nov 07 19:10:54 <Glacon> CondorGM: WHOOSH: 7 (4df+5=-, +, +, +)
Nov 07 19:12:09 <E4D> Jason mans the Mk44 30 × 173mm Bushmaster II autocannon. CLUNKACLUNKACLUNK. «Bushmaster online.»
Nov 07 19:12:26 <CondorGM> A gigantic tentacle made of seaweed slams down onto Will, and the individual strands of seaweed begin to tangle around him. -1 Body, and forbid any action that involves your arms or legs.
Nov 07 19:12:55 <Rothchild> "Gah! Aaagh!" Will struggles fiercely, gasping.
Nov 07 19:12:59 <Serafina> 4df+4 Perception to find the cooking oil
Nov 07 19:13:00 <Glacon> Serafina: Perception to find the cooking oil: 3 (4df+4=-, -, +, 0)
Nov 07 19:13:01 <Maddy> "Ooooh shit…:
Nov 07 19:13:18 <Maddy> She finds it, its right htere.
Nov 07 19:13:42 <Serafina> She grabs the container of oil and heads above deck.
Nov 07 19:13:58 <E4D> <…>
Nov 07 19:14:12 <Rothchild> "Seaweed's on me! Help!"
Nov 07 19:14:20 <E4D> 4df+8 Jason opens fire with the autocannon above Will, attempting to sever it.
Nov 07 19:14:20 <Glacon> E4D: Jason opens fire with the autocannon above Will, attempting to sever it.: 8 (4df+8=+, -, +, -)
Nov 07 19:14:34 <CondorGM> 4df+3 NO U
Nov 07 19:14:35 <Glacon> CondorGM: NO U: 3 (4df+3=-, 0, +, 0)
Nov 07 19:14:45 <PaulS_laptop> *clank* *clank* *clank* the sound of a man in heavy boots hauling a flamethrower up on deck
Nov 07 19:14:55 <Maddy> Helmet engaged. <Jason, where's your flame thrower?>
Nov 07 19:15:00 <PaulS_laptop> «Flamethrower up»
Nov 07 19:15:36 <CondorGM> The cannon fire rips through the tentacle holding Will up… causing him to fall to the deck.
Nov 07 19:15:43 <CondorGM> Will, Athletics roll.
Nov 07 19:15:51 <Rothchild> 4df+2 Ath
Nov 07 19:15:52 <E4D> Jason stands up to toss the rifle to Alice.
Nov 07 19:15:52 <Glacon> Rothchild: Ath: 0 (4df+2=0, -, 0, -)
Nov 07 19:16:11 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+7 tagging "and the answer is a gun". John lays out a lovely slick of flaming fuel at the tentacle, and that entire side of ocean.
Nov 07 19:16:11 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: tagging "and the answer is a gun". John lays out a lovely slick of flaming fuel at the tentacle, and that entire side of ocean.: 6 (4df+7=-, 0, -, +)
Nov 07 19:16:19 <Maddy> Alice catches it and heads to the side of the boat.
Nov 07 19:16:36 <Maddy> 4df+4 More fire!
Nov 07 19:16:36 <Glacon> Maddy: More fire!: 1 (4df+4=-, 0, -, -)
Nov 07 19:16:40 <Maddy> :<
Nov 07 19:17:08 <Serafina> Sera arrives on deck, lugging the oil container.
Nov 07 19:17:14 <Artemis> Artemis hesitates to engage, letting the others light up the tentacle. There would be more of the monster, no doubt. He utters a prayer and readies himself.
Nov 07 19:17:54 <CondorGM> The tentacle begins to burn as Will hits the ground on his backside. -1 Body.
Nov 07 19:18:16 <Artemis> 4df+3 Survival to PDef Maneuver; Artemis sets himself in a defensive position on the deck.
Nov 07 19:18:16 <Glacon> Artemis: Survival to PDef Maneuver; Artemis sets himself in a defensive position on the deck.: 5 (4df+3=0, 0, +, +)
Nov 07 19:18:26 <E4D> <Jesus, Wet Willy's gettin' romper-stompered…>
Nov 07 19:18:38 <Rothchild> Will howls, gasping as he slams into the deck. He rolls away, rising to a knee.
Nov 07 19:18:47 <CondorGM> The tentacle burns away, but…
Nov 07 19:19:03 <CondorGM> *SPLASH* *SPLASH*
Nov 07 19:19:15 <CondorGM> Two more come up to take it's place.
Nov 07 19:19:18 <Maddy> "OH GOD DAMNIT!"
Nov 07 19:19:20 <Maddy> <>
Nov 07 19:19:26 <Rothchild> "Oh….shit…"
Nov 07 19:19:56 <E4D> <…>
Nov 07 19:19:57 <Rothchild> Faced with unpleasantness, Will retreats around the nearest bulkhead, towards Jason and the autocannon.
Nov 07 19:20:04 <Rothchild> It's not a very graceful thing.
Nov 07 19:20:19 <Maddy> <Fucking s-seaweed monstrocity!"
Nov 07 19:20:25 <Rothchild> "Ow…"
Nov 07 19:20:35 <E4D> «Alice! Get on the gun! Gimme my rifle!»
Nov 07 19:21:04 <Rothchild> Will turns back, observing the monstrosity. He rises, looking at it.
Nov 07 19:21:16 <PaulS_laptop> «Someone, take the 30. I'll take the other. Jason, now's your chance to test out that new mix»
Nov 07 19:21:19 <Rothchild> 4df+2 Perception maneuver to identify a weak area to attack with Aquamancy.
Nov 07 19:21:20 <Glacon> Rothchild: Perception maneuver to identify a weak area to attack with Aquamancy.: 3 (4df+2=-, 0, +, +)
Nov 07 19:21:44 <Artemis> Artemis starts to climb onto the 30mm turret.
Nov 07 19:21:46 <CondorGM> There is no weak point. It's two hulking masses of seaweed.
Nov 07 19:21:56 <Rothchild> Flavor it as either a +2 to Aqua, or a -2 to PDef, whic—nevermind
Nov 07 19:21:59 <Maddy> <Yesir!> Alice tosses it back and heads to the bushmaster.
Nov 07 19:22:44 <PaulS_laptop> «I got an idea, I'll be right back.» John runs belowdecks, to grab a certain set of somethings
Nov 07 19:22:55 <PaulS_laptop> «Jason, you ever go dynamite fishin?"
Nov 07 19:22:57 <PaulS_laptop> »
Nov 07 19:23:08 <E4D> «DO IT.»
Nov 07 19:23:55 <CondorGM> Jason, PhysDef
Nov 07 19:24:01 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+4 engineering maneuver, john preps those MEKP charges he made days ago
Nov 07 19:24:02 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: engineering maneuver, john preps those MEKP charges he made days ago: 6 (4df+4=+, +, 0, 0)
Nov 07 19:24:13 <Serafina> «Save me a stick!»
Nov 07 19:24:19 <Artemis> Artemis starts up the cannon and starts to rotate it.
Nov 07 19:24:21 <Serafina> «I have an idea.»
Nov 07 19:24:33 <Rothchild> 4df+6 Expending two AP, one to fuel the aquamancy and one for Unknown Potential. One remains. He seizes the water in one of the seaweed monsters and leeches it all out, desiccating it.
Nov 07 19:24:34 <Glacon> Rothchild: Expending two AP, one to fuel the aquamancy and one for Unknown Potential. One remains. He seizes the water in one of the seaweed monsters and leeches it all out, desiccating it.: 5 (4df+6=-, -, 0, +)
Nov 07 19:24:36 <PaulS_laptop> and John tears ass up on deck again, as fast as you can carry sensitive primary explosives
Nov 07 19:24:46 <E4D> Settle down guys, wait for the GM
Nov 07 19:25:07 <E4D> 4df+7 Spending a point of AP. Jason locks the suit up, ready to tear shit away if it grabs him.
Nov 07 19:25:08 <Glacon> E4D: Spending a point of AP. Jason locks the suit up, ready to tear shit away if it grabs him.: 7 (4df+7=0, 0, -, +)
Nov 07 19:26:16 <CondorGM> 4df+5 krrrrshhhk k k k k PWRRRRHHH
Nov 07 19:26:16 <Glacon> CondorGM: krrrrshhhk k k k k PWRRRRHHH: 4 (4df+5=0, -, 0, 0)
Nov 07 19:26:50 <Artemis> Time Surge, Alice is on the 33mm, Artemis is still in his defensive position.
Nov 07 19:26:58 <Maddy> Wooo!
Nov 07 19:27:07 <Serafina> «Mr. Williamson! You have explosives, yes?»
Nov 07 19:27:16 <PaulS_laptop> «Coming!»
Nov 07 19:28:01 <CondorGM> The first tentacle starts to dry up the seaweed on its outermost layer, at the tip. These fire out at Jason. The other tentacle begins to dry up completely, as dried seaweed begins to flake off.
Nov 07 19:28:37 * Foran has quit (Quit: )
Nov 07 19:28:37 <PaulS_laptop> John comes up on deck, explosives in hand. Five bean can sized canisters.
Nov 07 19:28:39 <Rothchild> He laughs softly, focusing on it, keeping the attack going.'
Nov 07 19:28:51 <CondorGM> The second tentacle quickly dips under the water.
Nov 07 19:28:57 <E4D> He kneels. «THE GODDAMN THING CAN SHOOT! IF YOU'RE SQUISHY, GET BEHIND SOMETHIN'!»
Nov 07 19:29:03 <Rothchild> ~Well shit.~
Nov 07 19:29:09 <Rothchild> He retreats.
Nov 07 19:29:58 <CondorGM> And good thing, because at the next second a giant mass of seaweed in a ball shape is launched from beneath the waves and hits where Will used to be.
Nov 07 19:30:26 <Rothchild> He jumps, ducking behind the autocannon, panting.
Nov 07 19:30:30 <Serafina> «We need to hit this thing underwater. Oil and water don't mix. If we can sink this can, and then detonate it underwater, it ought to disperse at least a good chunk of the weeds.»
Nov 07 19:30:56 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+8 tagging "a whiff of the ol brimstone" John sets one of the charges and lobs it overboard in the general vacinity of the monster. he doesn't have to even be close «Gimmie a sec, I'm busy fishing»
Nov 07 19:30:57 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: tagging "a whiff of the ol brimstone" John sets one of the charges and lobs it overboard in the general vacinity of the monster. he doesn't have to even be close «Gimmie a sec, I'm busy fishing»: 9 (4df+8=+, +, -, 0)
Nov 07 19:31:43 <Serafina> «Alright, but don't take too long. I don't want to know how many more tentacles it can put up at once.»
Nov 07 19:31:58 <CondorGM> And boom goes the dynamite.
Nov 07 19:34:31 <CondorGM> The loud explosion stops the first tentacle, as it also dips under.
Nov 07 19:34:37 <MisterFlames> «Damnation! What's going on?» Hello, Midnight!
Nov 07 19:34:53 <E4D> «Gimme one of those, John!»
Nov 07 19:35:02 <Tom90deg> Zoe also starts awake. «What's going on?»
Nov 07 19:35:08 <Maddy> «Seaweed monster, t-trying to blow it up.»
Nov 07 19:35:36 <Tom90deg> «Ah, it came back?»
Nov 07 19:35:36 <PaulS_laptop> «I got plenny» John tosses two of them to Jason. Bean can sized canisters with pull igniters and 3 sec delays
Nov 07 19:35:43 <Tom90deg> Zoe heads on up to the deck.
Nov 07 19:35:48 <CondorGM> And then… four more tentacles come up, but they are narrower, and have holes in their tips.
Nov 07 19:36:18 <Artemis> Artemis lowers himself, preparing for imminent danger.
Nov 07 19:36:31 <CondorGM> John, Jason, PhysDef
Nov 07 19:36:46 <E4D> 4df+5 <…>
Nov 07 19:36:46 <Glacon> E4D: <…>: 9 (4df+5=+, +, +, +)
Nov 07 19:36:56 <E4D> :D
Nov 07 19:36:58 <Maddy> «Permission to blow the shit out o-of this thing?"
Nov 07 19:37:17 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+2
Nov 07 19:37:18 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: 0 (4df+2=-, -, 0, 0)
Nov 07 19:37:59 <E4D> Jason looks over at John, giving not a fuck about the latest thing to make an attempt on his life. Lots of things have tried it before. They're all dead now.
Nov 07 19:38:04 <CondorGM> 4df+2 ptooie
Nov 07 19:38:05 <CondorGM> 4df+2 ptooie
Nov 07 19:38:05 <Glacon> CondorGM: ptooie: 1 (4df+2=0, -, +, -)
Nov 07 19:38:05 <CondorGM> 4df+2 ptooie
Nov 07 19:38:05 <CondorGM> 4df+2 ptooie
Nov 07 19:38:06 <Glacon> CondorGM: ptooie: 3 (4df+2=+, +, -, 0)
Nov 07 19:38:06 <Glacon> CondorGM: ptooie: 4 (4df+2=+, +, +, -)
Nov 07 19:38:06 <Glacon> CondorGM: ptooie: 5 (4df+2=+, +, +, 0)
Nov 07 19:39:32 <CondorGM> The four tentacle begin to machine gun dried up shards of seaweed at the dynamite hefters. John is hit. -2 Body… oof.
Nov 07 19:40:31 <Maddy> 4df+8 Shootan!
Nov 07 19:40:32 <Glacon> Maddy: Shootan!: 7 (4df+8=0, 0, 0, -)
Nov 07 19:40:54 <Serafina> Sera hurries over to John's position, still lugging the oil container.
Nov 07 19:41:03 <CondorGM> 4df defensa
Nov 07 19:41:03 <Glacon> CondorGM: defensa: -1 (4df=+, 0, -, -)
Nov 07 19:41:18 <CondorGM> The tentacles fall apart.
Nov 07 19:41:21 <PaulS_laptop> Using power "fire in his eyes", and all remaining AP. John, riddled full of holes, and with two shards sticking out of his armor, John hauls himself up "what the fuck's the oil for?"
Nov 07 19:41:55 <Serafina> "Oil and water don't mix. These things are half water, so getting oil all over them will completely fuck them up."
Nov 07 19:42:04 <E4D> 4df+6 Burning AP. Jason primes both charges and flings them into the water toward the last position the tentacles were in.
Nov 07 19:42:04 <Glacon> E4D: Burning AP. Jason primes both charges and flings them into the water toward the last position the tentacles were in.: 6 (4df+6=0, 0, -, +)
Nov 07 19:42:21 <CondorGM> Boom.
Nov 07 19:42:27 <Maddy> <What? No it's just going to m-make them oily."
Nov 07 19:42:46 <PaulS_laptop> "Doesn't work like that, sera."
Nov 07 19:42:53 <PaulS_laptop> "Can you throw?"
Nov 07 19:42:55 <Serafina> "Which will prevent them from clinging together like they are now."
Nov 07 19:42:58 <CondorGM> The water slowly calms…
Nov 07 19:43:24 <Maddy> <Sooo, then we'll have lots of l-little whips. Lovely.>
Nov 07 19:43:30 <CondorGM> And then…
Nov 07 19:43:37 <PaulS_laptop> "oil's more viscous, they'll stick together *worse*"
Nov 07 19:43:46 <CondorGM> LOAL METNAL DEFANSE, GUISE
Nov 07 19:43:53 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+4
Nov 07 19:43:54 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: 4 (4df+4=+, -, +, -)
Nov 07 19:43:54 <Tom90deg> 4df+2
Nov 07 19:43:54 <E4D> 4df+4
Nov 07 19:43:54 <Glacon> Tom90deg: 2 (4df+2=+, -, -, +)
Nov 07 19:43:55 <Glacon> E4D: 4 (4df+4=0, 0, +, -)
Nov 07 19:43:55 <Maddy> 4df+3 FUUUU
Nov 07 19:43:56 <Glacon> Maddy: FUUUU: 4 (4df+3=-, 0, +, +)
Nov 07 19:43:58 <Serafina> "That is not how polarity wor-"
Nov 07 19:43:58 <Maddy> Oh
Nov 07 19:44:01 <Maddy> Not so bad.
Nov 07 19:44:04 <Artemis> 4df+2 Fartemis
Nov 07 19:44:05 <Glacon> Artemis: Fartemis: 4 (4df+2=-, +, +, +)
Nov 07 19:44:13 <Rothchild> 4df+4
Nov 07 19:44:13 <Glacon> Rothchild: 6 (4df+4=+, 0, +, 0)
Nov 07 19:44:36 <Serafina> 4df+5 Burning an AP
Nov 07 19:44:37 <Glacon> Serafina: Burning an AP: 4 (4df+5=0, -, +, -)
Nov 07 19:44:49 * Foran (PI.DFE35DAF.3AABF522.2A9520F8|naroF#PI.DFE35DAF.3AABF522.2A9520F8|naroF) has joined #afteraction
Nov 07 19:44:56 <Maddy> <Ever s-seen the way pasta s-stick when you toss it in oil?>
Nov 07 19:44:57 <CondorGM> And
Nov 07 19:44:58 <CondorGM> then
Nov 07 19:45:00 <CondorGM> screaming
Nov 07 19:45:38 <CondorGM> The screeching comes for all around the boat. Similar to the screaming you heard before, but much… much… louder.
Nov 07 19:45:54 <Maddy> <Gaaaahhhh!>
Nov 07 19:46:24 <PaulS_laptop> John can't help but laugh
Nov 07 19:46:41 <Tom90deg> Zoe claps her hands over her ears. "Bloody hell!"
Nov 07 19:46:43 <Rothchild> Will cowers, clamping hands to ears.
Nov 07 19:46:58 <Serafina> Sera listens.
Nov 07 19:47:33 <CondorGM> It penetrates your ears, and destroys your concentration. Everyone but Will and Zoe -1 fudge to all weapons rolls. Zoe, -1 to Mind, as well.
Nov 07 19:47:46 <CondorGM> Sorry, Zoe gets both penalties.
Nov 07 19:48:03 <PaulS_laptop> [[does that apply to engineering rolls too?]]
Nov 07 19:48:06 <Tom90deg> Zoe collapses on her knees, hands over her ears, screaming.
Nov 07 19:48:10 <Rothchild> CondorGM: For how long?
Nov 07 19:48:37 <E4D> <COWBOY THE FUCK UP, ZOE.> Jason raises his rifle.
Nov 07 19:48:51 <CondorGM> Until the thing dies. It's constantly screaming, rising and lowering in volume and pitch.
Nov 07 19:48:55 <Rothchild> Ah.
Nov 07 19:49:15 <CondorGM> There's a low rumble.
Nov 07 19:49:25 <E4D> He kneels, getting low.
Nov 07 19:49:36 <CondorGM> And then something enters your mind.
Nov 07 19:49:39 <CondorGM> ~You~
Nov 07 19:49:43 <CondorGM> ~My children~
Nov 07 19:49:45 <CondorGM> ~Taken~
Nov 07 19:49:48 <CondorGM> ~Why~
Nov 07 19:49:50 <CondorGM> ~Why~
Nov 07 19:49:54 <CondorGM> ~This~
Nov 07 19:50:06 <CondorGM> ~Will not~
Nov 07 19:50:08 <CondorGM> ~Stand~
Nov 07 19:50:09 <Maddy> <Ffffffffuuuu->
Nov 07 19:50:11 <E4D> Jason keys his mic to the ship's speakers. «YOU'RE NEXT.»
Nov 07 19:50:12 <CondorGM> ~You~
Nov 07 19:50:15 <CondorGM> ~Punished~
Nov 07 19:50:27 <Tom90deg> "CAn we please blow that thing up?"
Nov 07 19:50:46 <E4D> <John, you want to go on a magic Double Eagle ride?>
Nov 07 19:51:00 <PaulS_laptop> "You read my mind"
Nov 07 19:51:02 <Maddy> 4df+8 More dakka
Nov 07 19:51:02 <Rothchild> Will stands up. "I'm hurt bad, guys. Is there a medic around?"
Nov 07 19:51:03 <Glacon> Maddy: More dakka: 7 (4df+8=0, 0, 0, -)
Nov 07 19:51:10 <E4D> Jason starts for the rear of the ship, moving for the hatch leading down to the dive area.
Nov 07 19:51:12 <Maddy> <I'll get to you, s-stay down.>
Nov 07 19:51:18 <PaulS_laptop> John is having trouble standing as well as he should be. Something about having big hunks of shrapnel in him
Nov 07 19:51:23 <PaulS_laptop> John heads down below
Nov 07 19:51:45 <CondorGM> And then, a gigantic tentacle. Much bigger than the others, pops up on deck.
Nov 07 19:52:05 <Rothchild> Will hunkers down behind the autocannon.
Nov 07 19:52:17 <Artemis> Within melee?
Nov 07 19:52:22 <CondorGM> The tentacle stoops down.
Nov 07 19:52:26 <CondorGM> The tip parts.
Nov 07 19:52:34 <CondorGM> And in the center…
Nov 07 19:52:39 <Maddy> <Ugh, Gross.>
Nov 07 19:52:40 <CondorGM> There is a bony
Nov 07 19:52:43 <CondorGM> grotesquw
Nov 07 19:52:46 <CondorGM> face.
Nov 07 19:52:52 <E4D> «SHOOT THAT THING!»
Nov 07 19:53:10 <Maddy> «Don't have to tell me t-twice.»
Nov 07 19:53:23 <Maddy> 4df+8 aiming for the face
Nov 07 19:53:24 <Glacon> Maddy: aiming for the face: 6 (4df+8=-, -, 0, 0)
Nov 07 19:53:57 <Serafina> Where did John's flamethrower go?
Nov 07 19:54:05 <PaulS_laptop> it's on his back
Nov 07 19:54:20 <CondorGM> Most of the bullets ricochet of the face, doing nothing. The last one, however hits it right in the eye. Which bursts.
Nov 07 19:54:21 <Artemis> 4df+3 Athletics to Melee maneuver, Artemis positions himself to use the natural obstacles of the deck for an assault with greater leverage
Nov 07 19:54:21 <Glacon> Artemis: Athletics to Melee maneuver, Artemis positions himself to use the natural obstacles of the deck for an assault with greater leverage: 1 (4df+3=-, -, -, +)
Nov 07 19:54:25 <Artemis> Or not.
Nov 07 19:54:43 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+4 engineering. Down below, John is readying a Double Eagle with both of his remaining MEKP charges. Then he deploys it. and pilots it remotely for the base of the thing
Nov 07 19:54:43 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: engineering. Down below, John is readying a Double Eagle with both of his remaining MEKP charges. Then he deploys it. and pilots it remotely for the base of the thing: 4 (4df+4=-, 0, +, 0)
Nov 07 19:54:48 <CondorGM> Everyone on deck, PhysDef.
Nov 07 19:54:55 <Maddy> 4df+4 Noooo!
Nov 07 19:54:56 <Glacon> Maddy: Noooo!: 4 (4df+4=0, -, 0, +)
Nov 07 19:54:59 <Artemis> 4df+4
Nov 07 19:54:59 <Glacon> Artemis: : 4 (4df+4=+, -, 0, 0)
Nov 07 19:55:08 <Rothchild> 4df+3 physical…!
Nov 07 19:55:09 <Glacon> Rothchild: physical…!: 5 (4df+3=+, 0, 0, +)
Nov 07 19:55:09 <PaulS_laptop> John is belowdecks
Nov 07 19:55:10 <Maddy> -
Nov 07 19:55:17 <Maddy> Minus one so thats 3
Nov 07 19:55:19 <Serafina> 4df+2
Nov 07 19:55:20 <Glacon> Serafina: 2 (4df+2=+, -, +, -)
Nov 07 19:55:46 <CondorGM> 4df+8 Ugh, what did you eat that died?
Nov 07 19:55:46 <Glacon> CondorGM: Ugh, what did you eat that died?: 8 (4df+8=-, +, 0, 0)
Nov 07 19:56:18 <CondorGM> The face opens its mouth revealing many rows of sharp, misshapen teeth…
Nov 07 19:56:34 <Tom90deg> 4df+4
Nov 07 19:56:34 <Glacon> Tom90deg: 3 (4df+4=-, 0, -, +)
Nov 07 19:56:34 <CondorGM> And proceeds to belch a noxious gas onto the deck.
Nov 07 19:57:20 <CondorGM> Y'all's is nauseated. Until the gas clears, you're gaggin.
Nov 07 19:57:46 <Maddy> Alice is wearing her suit…soooo?
Nov 07 19:57:57 <CondorGM> Alice is fine
Nov 07 19:58:11 <CondorGM> Oh, and you can't see shit.
Nov 07 19:58:15 <CondorGM> All of you.
Nov 07 19:58:19 <Artemis> Artemis is wearing a face fitting mask. Does this help at all?
Nov 07 19:58:31 <E4D> Jason boards the DE and sets out.
Nov 07 19:58:36 <Tom90deg> Zoe coughs, "Can anyone see it?"
Nov 07 19:58:41 <CondorGM> Against the nausea, but not the vison
Nov 07 19:58:42 <E4D> What's the scene look like from underwater?
Nov 07 19:58:47 <Maddy> <Negative>
Nov 07 19:58:51 <Artemis> Redact silly question.
Nov 07 19:59:11 <Serafina> «Anyone have a light?»
Nov 07 19:59:20 <CondorGM> There's a mass of seaweed under the water. A big mass of seaweed. A /BIG/ mass of seaweed.
Nov 07 19:59:30 * Rothchild moans, gagging and horking. He knows roughly where the hatch belowdecks is, and makes his way towards it, questing for the wall across from the autocannon, towards the hatch. "Hrk…gh…"
Nov 07 19:59:47 <Maddy> «Light in fog is g-generally a b-bad idea.»
Nov 07 20:00:03 <Serafina> «No, a lighter. Something to make fire.»
Nov 07 20:00:35 <Rothchild> He can barely not throw up, and he can't see for shit.
Nov 07 20:01:09 <CondorGM> PhysDef on deck again.
Nov 07 20:01:11 <E4D> Jason turns it around and heads back aboard.
Nov 07 20:01:17 <Maddy> «Jason, we're blinf up here.»
Nov 07 20:01:17 <Artemis> 4df+4 Bluh
Nov 07 20:01:17 <Serafina> Serafina can't keep from inhaling any longer, and dissolves into a coughing fit.
Nov 07 20:01:18 <Glacon> Artemis: Bluh: 4 (4df+4=0, 0, +, -)
Nov 07 20:01:19 <Tom90deg> 4df+6 (AP)
Nov 07 20:01:20 <Glacon> Tom90deg: (AP): 7 (4df+6=+, +, 0, -)
Nov 07 20:01:23 <Maddy> 4df+4 Noooo
Nov 07 20:01:24 <Glacon> Maddy: Noooo: 3 (4df+4=0, +, -, -)
Nov 07 20:01:30 <Rothchild> 4df+3 hrk…!
Nov 07 20:01:30 <Glacon> Rothchild: hrk…!: 3 (4df+3=0, -, 0, +)
Nov 07 20:01:35 <PaulS_laptop> John pilots the remotely operated mine disposal vehicletowards anything identifiable as a body.
Nov 07 20:01:41 <Serafina> 4df+2
Nov 07 20:01:42 <Glacon> Serafina: 4 (4df+2=+, -, +, +)
Nov 07 20:01:46 <CondorGM> 4df Blind assault.
Nov 07 20:01:47 <Glacon> CondorGM: Blind assault.: -1 (4df=-, 0, 0, 0)
Nov 07 20:02:27 <E4D> «Got it, hun. I'm headed back up.»
Nov 07 20:02:32 <Artemis> Artemis will attempt a strike on the face, if it was within melee range before the smog breath happened. Y/n?
Nov 07 20:02:54 <CondorGM> Multiple tentacles split off from the main one and begin sweeping and pounding at the deck. Turns out it also has to see.
Nov 07 20:03:08 <CondorGM> Y
Nov 07 20:03:35 <Maddy> Alice swivles the gun, not wanting to shoot, cause she can't se shit.
Nov 07 20:03:42 <Artemis> 4df+4 Sword!
Nov 07 20:03:42 <Glacon> Artemis: Sword!: 4 (4df+4=0, 0, 0, 0)
Nov 07 20:03:42 <Rothchild> He hears the tentacles slapping around, and quests further for the hatch, intending to escape belowdecks. He's hurting, and none too good in a fight.
Nov 07 20:04:12 <CondorGM> Where are you aiming for.
Nov 07 20:04:24 <Artemis> Horrible face thing.
Nov 07 20:05:06 <CondorGM> 4df+8 Aim for the eyes lol
Nov 07 20:05:06 * Artemis is now known as Laito
Nov 07 20:05:06 <Glacon> CondorGM: Aim for the eyes lol: 8 (4df+8=0, 0, +, -)
Nov 07 20:05:18 <CondorGM> The sword clacks off bone.
Nov 07 20:05:19 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+4 engineering, the Double Eagle plants both the charges at something that looks important, then pilots the little ROV back to the ship before the inevitable *WHUMP* of undersea charges
Nov 07 20:05:20 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: engineering, the Double Eagle plants both the charges at something that looks important, then pilots the little ROV back to the ship before the inevitable *WHUMP* of undersea charges: 4 (4df+4=-, +, +, -)
Nov 07 20:05:35 <Laito> Artemis is still blind and distracted from screeching, so… it was a good try.
Nov 07 20:05:56 <CondorGM> The two charges blow apart the gigantic mass underwater.
Nov 07 20:06:23 <CondorGM> The face pulls back, dipping underwater to see what the fuck.
Nov 07 20:06:27 <Serafina> Is the gas still everywhere?
Nov 07 20:06:35 <PaulS_laptop> «A-anything…up there» he's having trouble breathing. The hunks of seaweed hurt.
Nov 07 20:06:41 <CondorGM> No, it has just dissipated.
Nov 07 20:07:01 <Serafina> «It ducked underwater, but it doesn't seem dead.»
Nov 07 20:07:03 <Rothchild> Will can see again! "Alice!" he calls out for the medic.
Nov 07 20:07:39 <PaulS_laptop> «Dammit. Jason, we got any bigger charges?»
Nov 07 20:07:41 <Maddy> <Art, the guns yours.> She sprints to Will.
Nov 07 20:08:21 <E4D> «Alice! get John! He's got that shit in him.»
Nov 07 20:08:21 <Rothchild> He's hunkered down outside the hatch belowdecks. He's pretty beat up, with abrasions and injuries associated with seaweed dickery.
Nov 07 20:08:48 <CondorGM> It can't see what happened. It goes back up.
Nov 07 20:09:02 <Maddy> <You bleeding, Will?>
Nov 07 20:09:07 <PaulS_laptop> John is stowing the DE, and hauling his bleeding ass to the ammunition storage. He wants to see if they have something *big*
Nov 07 20:09:27 <CondorGM> Who's up on deck?
Nov 07 20:09:39 <Rothchild> "Not that I can see, but…I probably am internally," he offers a weak grin.
Nov 07 20:09:51 <Tom90deg> Zoe is up on deck
Nov 07 20:09:51 <Rothchild> Will and Alice are around the far side, in front of a hatch belowdecks.
Nov 07 20:10:08 <Serafina> Is its face reachable from deck?
Nov 07 20:10:19 <CondorGM> Yeah.
Nov 07 20:10:21 <Laito> Artemis is.
Nov 07 20:10:37 <E4D> We have a Javelin, and two rounds.
Nov 07 20:10:53 <Serafina> 4df+2 LEEEEEEROOOOOYYYYY
Nov 07 20:10:54 <Glacon> Serafina: LEEEEEEROOOOOYYYYY: 1 (4df+2=+, -, -, 0)
Nov 07 20:10:55 <Maddy> 4df+4 Alice does her darnes to stabilize Will.
Nov 07 20:10:55 <Glacon> Maddy: Alice does her darnes to stabilize Will.: 6 (4df+4=0, +, 0, +)
Nov 07 20:11:04 <Maddy> Roll wounds Rothchild
Nov 07 20:11:09 <Rothchild> 4df+2 Wound
Nov 07 20:11:09 <Glacon> Rothchild: Wound: 3 (4df+2=+, +, 0, -)
Nov 07 20:11:41 <Maddy> Alice spends AP to restore one body to Will, but he's still hurting.
Nov 07 20:11:51 <PaulS_laptop> a smile spreads across John's face when he sees the missile. The smile spreads into a grin as he heaves it up «…s-someone, gimmie a hand getting this on deck»
Nov 07 20:11:57 <CondorGM> Sera trips. Oil spills onto the deck.
Nov 07 20:12:02 <Laito> Artemis will whack at the face some more, if applicable.
Nov 07 20:12:09 <Maddy> <Get b-below, I g-gotta get to John.>
Nov 07 20:12:09 <Rothchild> "Thanks, Alice," he smiles gratefully.
Nov 07 20:12:11 <E4D> <…>
Nov 07 20:12:13 <CondorGM> The eyes…
Nov 07 20:12:16 * Ragazzo (ten.llebcap.ac2tks.lsd.0A0B38E-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.llebcap.ac2tks.lsd.0A0B38E-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Nov 07 20:12:17 <Rothchild> "Yes, of course."
Nov 07 20:12:20 <E4D> <YOU STUPID ASSHOLE.>
Nov 07 20:12:23 <CondorGM> It still has two.
Nov 07 20:12:23 <PaulS_laptop> John is really feeling the damage as he hauls himself and the ATGM.
Nov 07 20:12:27 <Rothchild> Will opens the hatch and skitters below.
Nov 07 20:12:43 <Laito> 4df+3 athletics to melee maneuver
Nov 07 20:12:43 <Glacon> Laito: athletics to melee maneuver: 3 (4df+3=-, +, +, -)
Nov 07 20:12:56 <Tom90deg> «Where's that flamethrower? John, wen't you making up some floaty Naplam?»
Nov 07 20:13:15 <Maddy> «John, w-where you at?»
Nov 07 20:13:27 <PaulS_laptop> «On…my back. A…all napalm floats»
Nov 07 20:13:44 <PaulS_laptop> «On my way up from th' armory»
Nov 07 20:14:08 <Maddy> Alice runs to intercept. <Keep going b-but at leat let me stop the bleeding while you go.>
Nov 07 20:14:19 <Laito> Artemis takes several quick steps and launches himself into a great leap, thrusting the spear-sword out in hopes of gouging the horrible thing's eye.
Nov 07 20:14:23 <Laito> 4df+6 !!!
Nov 07 20:14:24 <Glacon> Laito: !!!: 10 (4df+6=+, +, +, +)
Nov 07 20:14:31 <CondorGM> 4df oh
Nov 07 20:14:32 <Glacon> CondorGM: oh: 2 (4df=-, +, +, +)
Nov 07 20:14:59 <CondorGM> As the spear-sword plunges into the eye, it bursts.
Nov 07 20:15:03 <PaulS_laptop> "Thanks" it's fairly obvious he's fucked up from it. He lets Alice help him up on deck
Nov 07 20:15:04 <CondorGM> PhysDef, Artemis.
Nov 07 20:15:21 <Laito> 4df+4 Defense
Nov 07 20:15:22 <Glacon> Laito: Defense: 8 (4df+4=+, +, +, +)
Nov 07 20:15:27 <Laito> Like motherfuggin Achilles.
Nov 07 20:15:32 <E4D> FUCK YEAH.
Nov 07 20:15:39 <CondorGM> 4df+5 whack
Nov 07 20:15:39 <Glacon> CondorGM: whack: 2 (4df+5=0, -, -, -)
Nov 07 20:15:45 <CondorGM> oh
Nov 07 20:15:52 <Maddy> 4df+4 patching John as she goes. Roll wound.
Nov 07 20:15:53 <Glacon> Maddy: patching John as she goes. Roll wound.: 6 (4df+4=0, 0, +, +)
Nov 07 20:15:56 * Adhelami has been hiding in the mess hall the entire time.
Nov 07 20:16:04 <Ragazzo> Lanc elurches awake in medical. He heard yelling, and quite possibly felt the massive ass-whupping htat is taking place somewhere.
Nov 07 20:16:05 <PaulS_laptop> [[what do I roll for the wound?]]
Nov 07 20:16:07 <CondorGM> The thing attempts towhack Artemis, but fails.
Nov 07 20:16:15 <Rothchild> [[4df+Body Lost]]
Nov 07 20:16:26 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+2 wound
Nov 07 20:16:27 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: wound: 1 (4df+2=-, 0, -, +)
Nov 07 20:16:51 <Laito> Condor: Expending all fate points as Artemis tears and rends the eye horribly. -1 Body now, another the next round.
Nov 07 20:17:04 <Maddy> Alice spends another AP giving John some body back.
Nov 07 20:18:03 <CondorGM> The eyes already destroyed.
Nov 07 20:18:07 * Strifey has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Nov 07 20:18:17 <CondorGM> Unless you meant the last eye.
Nov 07 20:18:18 <PaulS_laptop> John still looks rough, but at least he's alive. And not as fucked up
Nov 07 20:18:38 <PaulS_laptop> When they get on deck, John readies the Javelin
Nov 07 20:18:52 <Laito> Artemis' power causes an additional Body damage the following round. That happens however you like.
Nov 07 20:19:13 <Ragazzo> Lance trundles out of medical, rubbing his eye, and onto the deck, looking aorund.
Nov 07 20:19:43 <CondorGM> It has one last eye.
Nov 07 20:19:49 <Maddy> THERE IS A BATTLE JESUS LANCE GET DOWN
Nov 07 20:20:16 <CondorGM> Nevermind Artemis destroyed the last one.
Nov 07 20:20:33 <E4D> 4df+8 Tagging CON1, and burning AP. Jason raises his rifle, and fires.
Nov 07 20:20:34 <Glacon> E4D: Tagging CON1, and burning AP. Jason raises his rifle, and fires.: 8 (4df+8=0, +, 0, -)
Nov 07 20:21:00 <Ragazzo> "…oh…well…" Lance covers his ears, hearing rifle fire.
Nov 07 20:21:09 <CondorGM> The face is now eyeless. Jason gunfires begin to crack the face.
Nov 07 20:21:12 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+8 John is grinning madly as he fires the Javelin at the head.
Nov 07 20:21:13 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: John is grinning madly as he fires the Javelin at the head.: 8 (4df+8=0, +, 0, -)
Nov 07 20:21:33 <Maddy> 4df+3 shootan the face!
Nov 07 20:21:34 <Glacon> Maddy: shootan the face!: 5 (4df+3=0, 0, +, +)
Nov 07 20:22:00 <CondorGM> The Javelin hits right in the topmost eye socket as the face shatters for Alice's gunfire.
Nov 07 20:22:03 <Laito> Artemis tumbles away from the gunfire
Nov 07 20:22:25 <CondorGM> Behind the bony face lies a pink gnarled fleshy mass.
Nov 07 20:22:31 <CondorGM> ~No~
Nov 07 20:22:35 <CondorGM> ~Why~
Nov 07 20:22:38 <CondorGM> ~Need~
Nov 07 20:22:41 <CondorGM> ~Punish~
Nov 07 20:22:44 <CondorGM> ~Why~
Nov 07 20:22:46 <CondorGM> ~You~
Nov 07 20:22:50 <CondorGM> ~No~
Nov 07 20:22:59 <CondorGM> ~Why~
Nov 07 20:22:59 <CondorGM> ~Why~
Nov 07 20:23:00 <CondorGM> ~Why~
Nov 07 20:23:00 <CondorGM> ~Why~
Nov 07 20:23:01 <CondorGM> ~Why~
Nov 07 20:23:01 <CondorGM> ~Why~
Nov 07 20:23:01 <CondorGM> ~Why~
Nov 07 20:23:02 <CondorGM> ~Why~
Nov 07 20:23:10 <CondorGM> ~…Mother…~
Nov 07 20:23:40 <PaulS_laptop> John keys his radio to the ship's speakers «EAT SHIT AND DIE»
Nov 07 20:23:53 <PaulS_laptop> «FROM HELL'S HEART I STAB AT THEE»
Nov 07 20:24:08 <CondorGM> The fleshy face falls forward, as well as the mass of seaweed, onto the deck.
Nov 07 20:24:18 <CondorGM> It all falls apart.
Nov 07 20:24:25 <CondorGM> On the deck
Nov 07 20:24:28 <Maddy> <Groce.>
Nov 07 20:24:29 <Tom90deg> "I think it's dead…"
Nov 07 20:24:30 <Rothchild> "For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee," Will mutters.
Nov 07 20:24:33 <Ragazzo> "…well…."
Nov 07 20:24:36 <CondorGM> The deck is now covered in seaweed.
Nov 07 20:24:44 <Ragazzo> Lance looks around for injured.
Nov 07 20:24:48 <CondorGM> Also pink flesh like stuff
Nov 07 20:24:49 <PaulS_laptop> "Burn it"
Nov 07 20:24:55 <Serafina> «Did it say something about a mother?»
Nov 07 20:25:04 <Serafina> «I don't want to meet its mother.»
Nov 07 20:25:05 <CondorGM> Which quickly degrades into mush.
Nov 07 20:25:31 <Laito> Artemis stands and dusts himself off.
Nov 07 20:25:34 <Serafina> «Also, can we burn it when it's not on the deck?»
Nov 07 20:25:35 <CondorGM> Meanwhile, The seaweed slowly start to dry and lose its col- PhysDef, all on deck!
Nov 07 20:25:44 <Laito> 4df+4 !
Nov 07 20:25:44 <Maddy> «Lance, W-will and John n-need looking after, I d-dit what I could, b-but better safe. I'm g-going to check out this m-mush.>
Nov 07 20:25:44 <Glacon> Laito: !: 7 (4df+4=+, +, +, 0)
Nov 07 20:25:47 <Tom90deg> 4df+6 (AP)
Nov 07 20:25:48 <Glacon> Tom90deg: (AP): 5 (4df+6=-, 0, -, +)
Nov 07 20:25:49 <Maddy> 4df+4 D:
Nov 07 20:25:50 <Serafina> 4df+2 oh wtf now
Nov 07 20:25:50 <Glacon> Maddy: D:: 4 (4df+4=-, 0, +, 0)
Nov 07 20:25:51 <Glacon> Serafina: oh wtf now: 3 (4df+2=0, +, -, +)
Nov 07 20:25:53 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+2 not again
Nov 07 20:25:53 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: not again: 1 (4df+2=0, -, 0, 0)
Nov 07 20:26:19 <CondorGM> 4df+8 lolol not seaweed.
Nov 07 20:26:20 <Glacon> CondorGM: lolol not seaweed.: 6 (4df+8=-, 0, -, 0)
Nov 07 20:26:31 <E4D> 4df+5
Nov 07 20:26:31 <Glacon> E4D: 3 (4df+5=-, +, -, -)
Nov 07 20:27:02 <CondorGM> The seaweed begins to break apart asit turns greay and shrivels.
Nov 07 20:27:18 <CondorGM> Then, the tiny particles begin to shake.
Nov 07 20:27:22 <CondorGM> Harder.
Nov 07 20:27:30 <CondorGM> And then…
Nov 07 20:27:35 <Maddy> <Oh, balls.>
Nov 07 20:27:48 <E4D> <GET DOWN!>
Nov 07 20:27:57 <E4D> Jason dives into a hatch.
Nov 07 20:28:05 <Ragazzo> Lance ducks behind the nearest cover.
Nov 07 20:28:13 <PaulS_laptop> John ducks back into where he popped outof to fire the Javelin
Nov 07 20:28:13 <CondorGM> Every single fragment breaks apart with explosive forcee, sending tiny shards of seaweed eveywhere.
Nov 07 20:28:30 * Dae (~ten.xoc.ta.np.A71FDC51-CRInys|eziladeaD#ten.xoc.ta.np.A71FDC51-CRInys|eziladeaD) has joined #afteraction
Nov 07 20:28:31 <Laito> Artemis dives off the side of the boat, catching the lip of the deck to avoid the explosions.
Nov 07 20:28:50 <Tom90deg> Zoe jumps behind cover
Nov 07 20:28:58 <CondorGM> Everyone who failed that roll, -1 Body.
Nov 07 20:29:02 <E4D> They're diving far too late.
Nov 07 20:29:17 <Ragazzo> 4df+3 Whoops
Nov 07 20:29:18 <Glacon> Ragazzo: Whoops: 1 (4df+3=-, -, -, +)
Nov 07 20:29:26 <PaulS_laptop> John catches even more shrapnel. Slicing exposed flesh up again
Nov 07 20:29:46 <Dae> Sera is exploded.
Nov 07 20:29:48 * Serafina has quit (Ping timeout)
Nov 07 20:29:50 * Dae is now known as Serafina
Nov 07 20:29:55 <Laito> Artemis peers up at the deck apprehensively, clinging to the side of the boat with his hands.
Nov 07 20:30:00 <Maddy> Alice is hit by a large group, OW!
Nov 07 20:30:03 <Tom90deg> "Ow…"
Nov 07 20:30:06 <PaulS_laptop> His previosu momentum was in the right direction, as he dove for the hatchway. Except he blacked out before he landed
Nov 07 20:30:08 <E4D> A massive wall of shrapnel slams into Jason as he dives into the ladderwell, causing him to tumble down the stairs.
Nov 07 20:30:17 <E4D> <FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!>
Nov 07 20:30:18 <Tom90deg> Zoe is slashed by the shrapnel.
Nov 07 20:30:21 <Ragazzo> Lance catches some of the blast, and goes tumbling into the ship's railing.
Nov 07 20:30:27 <PaulS_laptop> he smacks the hallway with a wet *thud*
Nov 07 20:30:29 <CondorGM> The shrapnel then dissipates. The wounds are still there though.
Nov 07 20:30:49 <Maddy> Alice is knocked to the ground, but gets up and runs to Jason. <Y-you ok, hun?>
Nov 07 20:30:54 <Rothchild> Will makes the hallway after hearing John take a faceplant. He narrowly avoids getting hit by Jason coming down the stairs. "Fuck, are you two okay?!"
Nov 07 20:31:06 <Laito> After a moment to assure safety, Artemis climbs back up over the rail and onto the deck.
Nov 07 20:31:12 * Ragazzo has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Nov 07 20:31:14 <Foran> Zhao opens a door out onto the deck
Nov 07 20:31:21 <PaulS_laptop> John is definitely not okay
Nov 07 20:31:23 <Foran> ["WHAT IS ALL THAT FUCKING NOISE?!"]
Nov 07 20:31:24 * Ragazzo (ten.llebcap.ac2tks.lsd.0A0B38E-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.llebcap.ac2tks.lsd.0A0B38E-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Nov 07 20:31:26 <CondorGM> Also, the face-now-mush is still on the deck.
Nov 07 20:31:31 <PaulS_laptop> there's a spreading stain beneith him
Nov 07 20:31:35 * Lurker (~PI.CFF2DA74.165D2F01.636F8EB|i.yellaCJ#PI.CFF2DA74.165D2F01.636F8EB|i.yellaCJ) has joined #afteraction
Nov 07 20:31:39 <Laito> Artemis kicks the mush-face off the deck.
Nov 07 20:31:49 <Maddy> <Shit, John…>
Nov 07 20:31:49 <Rothchild> "Oh, that's not good."
Nov 07 20:32:01 <Ragazzo> "Jesus…ugh…ow…." Lance slowly pulls himself to his feet, and staggers over to where he thginks John went.
Nov 07 20:32:04 <Laito> Another fallen foe.
Nov 07 20:32:04 <Laito> Another blessing from God.
Nov 07 20:32:10 <Maddy> Alice seaches for her medkit.
Nov 07 20:32:10 <CondorGM> You don't kick mush. It's not a solid mass, it just goes flying everywhere.
Nov 07 20:32:18 <Tom90deg> "Giant seaweed tentacle monster. Hopefully we didn't wake up the mother. Now stop yelling, we all got blasted by the damn thing."
Nov 07 20:32:23 <Foran> Zhao walks over to Artemis and observes the mush
Nov 07 20:32:26 <E4D> Artie is covered in mush.
Nov 07 20:32:35 <Laito> Nah. Artemis doesn't want to get too messy.
Nov 07 20:32:39 <Maddy> 4df+4 trauma care, Alice stops the bleeding, putting pressure on the wounds and swwing what she can do
Nov 07 20:32:40 <Glacon> Maddy: trauma care, Alice stops the bleeding, putting pressure on the wounds and swwing what she can do: 5 (4df+4=+, 0, -, +)
Nov 07 20:32:41 <Laito> He's not -that- into it.
Nov 07 20:32:43 <Serafina> Sera remains collapsed on the deck.
Nov 07 20:32:50 <E4D> Well, everyone is, from that Javelin blast. Especially Artemis.
Nov 07 20:32:50 <Maddy> Roll wounds etcetc
Nov 07 20:33:13 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+1 lots of light wounds everywhere
Nov 07 20:33:13 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: lots of light wounds everywhere: 1 (4df+1=+, 0, 0, -)
Nov 07 20:33:26 <Foran> "What in the hell have you people gotten into this time? Can't an old man just relax?!"
Nov 07 20:33:34 <Laito> The Javelin that who brought? -Artemis-.
Nov 07 20:34:14 <Foran> ["Stupid god damned supernatural bullshit! I thought I got away from all of this!"]
Nov 07 20:34:22 <Foran> Zhao huffs and heads back into the ship
Nov 07 20:34:36 <Maddy> <Shut up Zhao, seriously, what the fuck is wrong ith you?>
Nov 07 20:34:46 <Ragazzo> Lance drops beside Alice with a grunt. "Is he good?" He peers at John, checking the man's injuries.
Nov 07 20:34:49 <Maddy> Alice spends 2 AP to fix John this time.
Nov 07 20:35:19 <Maddy> <He's hurting, but he'll make it. Help me get him to Med, then we can deal with the rest.>