Spirits Within

May 13 20:06:45 <Maddy> Sound based perception!
May 13 20:07:24 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3 !!!?!1
May 13 20:07:25 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: !!!?!1: 3 (4df+3=-, +, -, +)
May 13 20:07:31 <MonkeyBomb> YAY
May 13 20:07:32 <Echo> 4df+4 ???
May 13 20:07:32 <CROM> Echo: ???: 1 (4df+4=-, 0, -, -)
May 13 20:07:38 <Echo> AWW
May 13 20:07:50 <Arag> 4df+3 WHAT IS IT
May 13 20:07:51 <CROM> Arag: WHAT IS IT: 6 (4df+3=+, +, +, 0)
May 13 20:07:59 <Maddy> Jesus
May 13 20:08:05 <Devereaux> 4df AHHHHH
May 13 20:08:05 <CROM> Devereaux: AHHHHH: -2 (4df=+, -, -, -)
May 13 20:08:08 <Arag> His mind is ready and prepared for such an action. His hearing kicks up to 80%.
May 13 20:08:25 * Arag is now known as Gara
May 13 20:09:51 <Maddy> Everyone but Mitchell and Dax hear a clicking sound bouncing around near the enterance to the fence. Dax also has water stuck in his ears fro his GM fiat'd shower.
May 13 20:10:40 <Maddy> John recognizes the sound as some kinda echolocation
May 13 20:11:18 <Gara> John is up and out of his seat. Do the wasps use echolocation? He doesn't know.
May 13 20:11:27 <Gara> He barrels out of the office, eyes to the sky.
May 13 20:12:33 <Maddy> The clicking gets a little louder, what ever is making it is moving towards the gate.
May 13 20:12:57 <Devereaux> Dax is trying to get water out of his ears.
May 13 20:13:08 <MonkeyBomb> Brock looks around.
May 13 20:14:40 <Maddy> Suddenly the sound passes through the gate, accompaned bt what looks like a golden glow.
May 13 20:14:53 <MonkeyBomb> "What the hell…"
May 13 20:15:11 <Maddy> It hovers above the ground, shiftin back and forth a little, as if it's looking for something and the clicking keeps happening.
May 13 20:16:51 <MonkeyBomb> Brock grabs his rifle and points it at the apparition.
May 13 20:24:25 <Maddy> The glow seems to take in the situation a little, then starts to take form.
May 13 20:24:41 <Gara> John doesn't aim at it. Yet.
May 13 20:24:41 <Echo> Mitchell continues reading the handbook he found in the Limeway.
May 13 20:24:57 <MonkeyBomb> Brock waits.
May 13 20:25:17 <Echo> He's sitting comfortably on a couch in the meeting house.
May 13 20:26:18 <Maddy> Its hands go up as it forms, palms out in front and it starts speaking in a frantic tone. You dot know what it's saying though. As it forms further, it starts to look more like whatever species Renee is.
May 13 20:26:33 <Maddy> It's still gold and glowy, and translucent.
May 13 20:26:44 <MonkeyBomb> O_O
May 13 20:26:48 <MonkeyBomb> ^ Brock's face.
May 13 20:27:18 <MonkeyBomb> He lowers the rifle a bit, but remains ready for… whatever is happening.
May 13 20:27:53 <PaulS_laptop> Matt is elsewhere, futzing about with his generator project
May 13 20:28:48 <Maddy> It keeps talking, whatever it's trying to tell you is really important to it. It drops to its knees.
May 13 20:29:04 <Gara> "Um."
May 13 20:29:18 <MonkeyBomb> Brock steps closer.
May 13 20:29:49 <Maddy> It holds its hands out, pleading.
May 13 20:30:23 <Gara> "Okay, uh. I don't speak that language. Brock, go find the language kid? I dunno."
May 13 20:30:49 <MonkeyBomb> "Who?"
May 13 20:31:11 <Gara> "Guy, knows a bunch of languages? Nevermind."
May 13 20:31:22 <MonkeyBomb> I don't think Brock's met that guy.
May 13 20:32:55 <Echo> Mitchell turns a page, reading about the new classes. Huh, Marshal looks cool.
May 13 20:33:37 <Maddy> If he has any windo open he might have hear the hubbub by now up to you
May 13 20:35:20 <Echo> We'll say he does. He idly glances outside, then back to the book. A few seconds later, he jerks his head back around to stair out the window and explodes out of the futon he's reclining on, and reaches for his rifle. In the commotion, he loses his balance, falls over the futon, flips it on its side, and recovers.
May 13 20:36:09 <Echo> He stumbles toward the door with all his weight forward and manages to get the handle turned before he collides. The door flies open, and Mitchell flies out behind it, staring over in the direction of the hubbub.
May 13 20:37:11 <Echo> "Dude, what the hell!"
May 13 20:37:19 <MonkeyBomb> "No fucking clue, man."
May 13 20:37:20 <Gara> "No clue."
May 13 20:37:27 <Gara> "It's not happy."
May 13 20:37:34 <MonkeyBomb> Ace is confused.
May 13 20:37:46 <Maddy> The appirition is shuffling over to Brock on its knees. It tries to grab his pant legs and beg some more but it just goes through him and falls forward.
May 13 20:37:49 <Echo> Mitchell approaches slowly, as it doesn't seem like it it's exactly threatening, so much as upset.
May 13 20:37:59 <MonkeyBomb> "Wha…"
May 13 20:38:50 <Maddy> It pounds on the ground futily shouting something, you can guess by the repetitions it's /probably/ "No no no no no."
May 13 20:38:53 <Gara> John crouches down at the appirition.
May 13 20:39:11 <Echo> How big is it?
May 13 20:39:23 <Maddy> About 6' tall.
May 13 20:39:31 <Maddy> so shorter than Renee
May 13 20:39:33 <Gara> Kneeling?
May 13 20:39:35 <Echo> Evan keeps not-so-much-sneaking up. "Easy dude, don't get too close."
May 13 20:39:42 <MonkeyBomb> "Can, uh… Can you understand us?" Brock steps back a bit.
May 13 20:39:42 <Maddy> Now it's kinda orz
May 13 20:39:55 <Echo> orz?
May 13 20:40:02 <Gara> orz.
May 13 20:40:25 <Echo> ah.
May 13 20:42:05 <Echo> "Caaaareful." Mitchell stops about an arm's length behind John, ready to grab him so he can pull him away.
May 13 20:42:47 <Maddy> It look up at them, starts clicking and talking at the same time, trying to get whatever point it has across.
May 13 20:43:01 <Gara> "I'll be fine. You need to calm down a little, and talk to us."
May 13 20:43:03 <Echo> "… where's Renee?"
May 13 20:43:33 <MonkeyBomb> "Where /is/ Renee? Fuck." Brock looks around. "RENEE!" He hollers.
May 13 20:44:30 <Maddy> Renee, meanwhile, has just come back from her daily trip to the river and has hear ollering and clicking. "Whats the craps is going- oh."
May 13 20:44:59 <MonkeyBomb> Oh is right.
May 13 20:45:24 * WalrusKing (~ten.tsacmoc.jn.1dsh.0707116F-CRInys|niKsurlaW#ten.tsacmoc.jn.1dsh.0707116F-CRInys|niKsurlaW) has joined #afteraction
May 13 20:45:40 <Echo> Mitchell looks back at Renee, then points at the apparition. "Looks like you."
May 13 20:45:51 <Maddy> Renee aproaches the thing and starts speaking to it in her language.
May 13 20:46:33 <Maddy> The apirition immediately perks up and jups back up to its feet, talking and clicking like it's on crack or something.
May 13 20:46:59 <Gara> "…"
May 13 20:47:47 <MonkeyBomb> "…"
May 13 20:47:53 <Maddy> Renee nods. "Wes got a problems."
May 13 20:48:06 <Gara> "Yeah looked like."
May 13 20:48:11 <Maddy> "Well probably more than ones."
May 13 20:48:42 <MonkeyBomb> "What's up? And who is… that?" He points to the glowing fishy-phantom.
May 13 20:49:43 <Maddy> "Not sure, and I'm nots sures on that eithers. She said there's a riots breaking out in the citys, and the…Oppressors she called it, needs to be stoppeds."
May 13 20:50:02 <MonkeyBomb> "What city?"
May 13 20:50:14 <Maddy> "My citys."
May 13 20:50:30 <Maddy> "Which is problematics for several reasons."
May 13 20:50:51 <Gara> "Namely the water."
May 13 20:50:59 <Echo> "… where you came from?" Mitchell takes a few steps back. "Renee, you wanna have a word for a second? Brock? John?"
May 13 20:51:47 <Maddy> "More like the citys is destroyds."
May 13 20:52:00 <Gara> "Ah."
May 13 20:52:05 <Maddy> "So how a riots could break out theres is beyond mes."
May 13 20:52:13 <Gara> "Yeah that's shady."
May 13 20:52:50 <Echo> "It's a *ghost*." Mitchell's voice is quiet, just a harsh whisper.
May 13 20:53:07 <Maddy> Renee asks something to the ghost and listens carefully to the answer and nods. "ook ok, we're going to trys something."
May 13 20:53:09 <Gara> "Maybe."
May 13 20:53:51 <MonkeyBomb> Brock pats Ace absent-mindedly.
May 13 20:54:15 <Maddy> She puts her hands out, and the ghost puts its on top. They make connection as if the ghost were suddenly material.
May 13 20:54:50 <Echo> "Whoa, whoa, whoa, careful!"
May 13 20:55:25 <Echo> Mitchell starts to close the distance and break it up, then freezes, deciding against it. He's not sure what the fuck's going on, anyway.
May 13 20:55:36 <Maddy> "Shh." she leans forward, and the two touch foreheads. There's a bright glow and hen it subsides, the ghost is gone. "Ah."
May 13 20:55:44 <Maddy> [Shit.]
May 13 20:56:19 <Maddy> "It came through a Doors." her eyes hae a gold glow to them. "More are coming."
May 13 20:56:38 <Maddy> "We have to kill whatever comes through."
May 13 20:56:53 <Gara> "… Oh."
May 13 20:56:54 <MonkeyBomb> "Jesus."
May 13 20:56:58 <Gara> "Shit really?"
May 13 20:57:03 <Maddy> "Yes."
May 13 20:57:08 <Gara> "Why."
May 13 20:57:11 <Echo> "GODDAMN DOORS." Evan spins around, trying to see if there's anything obviously about to bite them in the ass. "*Where*."
May 13 20:57:21 <Echo> "There's shit in the town here?"
May 13 20:57:50 <Maddy> "It showds me the way. Follow." she starts walking towards the gate. Her movement is a little slow and laboured. "This might be a longs walk though."
May 13 20:58:01 <Gara> "We have cars."
May 13 20:58:59 <Echo> "Wait, *what* came through the gate?" Mitchell starts off after Renee at a jog, checking his rifle's mag as he goes.
May 13 20:59:09 <MonkeyBomb> Brock follows closely.
May 13 20:59:15 <MonkeyBomb> Ace follows as well.
May 13 20:59:19 <Gara> John follows.
May 13 20:59:36 <Maddy> "I don't thinks thats a good ideas, moving with its map is…diffucult. Moveings any faster than this wouldn'ts work verywells…."
May 13 20:59:48 <Gara> "Okay."
May 13 21:01:02 <Maddy> She looks at Mitchell as she walks. "I can only describes it as…hope. My people's spirits are very complex."
May 13 21:01:43 <Echo> "Well, fuck." Mitchell gets on line beside Renee and holds his rifle up at the ready aimed out ahead down the street, "What are we lookin' for, though. The thing she said we gotta kill. The thing that came into town? We can't kill it if we can't find it."
May 13 21:02:10 <Maddy> "It's stills at the Doors."
May 13 21:02:33 <Echo> Mitchell slows for a second and glances back over his shoulder. "Dude, Brock, get up here. I don't want us havin' to shoot past each other if we see some shit."
May 13 21:03:06 <MonkeyBomb> Brock takes up the other side of Renee, rifle at the ready.
May 13 21:03:14 <MonkeyBomb> "What the hell is going on?"
May 13 21:04:08 <Echo> "Dude, I don't know. She said there's somethin' at 'the Door.'"
May 13 21:04:17 <Maddy> "I don't kno-" Renee is cut off as a deep mournfull crying starts.
May 13 21:04:22 <MonkeyBomb> "………"
May 13 21:04:23 <Maddy> Perception!
May 13 21:04:29 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3 EYEBALLS
May 13 21:04:29 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: EYEBALLS: 2 (4df+3=0, 0, 0, -)
May 13 21:04:31 <MonkeyBomb> Damnit.
May 13 21:04:42 <Echo> 4df+4 O_O EYES, MUZZLE, TARGET
May 13 21:04:42 <CROM> Echo: O_O EYES, MUZZLE, TARGET: 5 (4df+4=+, -, +, 0)
May 13 21:04:43 <Gara> 4df+3 John's hearing is still a 80%
May 13 21:04:44 <CROM> Gara: John's hearing is still a 80%: 0 (4df+3=-, -, 0, -)
May 13 21:04:53 <Maddy> His eyes are shit though.
May 13 21:04:53 <Echo> Might wanna kick it up to 100.
May 13 21:05:09 <Gara> He tried.
May 13 21:05:26 <Maddy> Lucky for you Mitchel is great.
May 13 21:06:16 * WalrusKing has quit (Ping timeout)
May 13 21:06:56 <Maddy> Mitchell sees it, clear as day, what looks to be an armless Parāoa made of steam. It cries as it comes towards you, flanked by two other shapes that arent quite clear yet.
May 13 21:08:29 <Echo> "Whoa, shi- uh, dead ahead." He freezes, then sorta kinda takes a step back, then another, weapon still up.
May 13 21:08:46 <Echo> Is it coming directly at him?>
May 13 21:08:51 <Gara> John halts and raises his rifle at them.
May 13 21:09:02 <MonkeyBomb> Brock halts and raises his rifle as well.
May 13 21:09:10 <Maddy> Just vaguely towards the group.
May 13 21:10:11 <Echo> "… okay, fuck. *FIRE*!"
May 13 21:10:12 <Echo> 4df+4 Mitchell does exactly, experimentally slinging a few shots at the steam-looking Paraoa.
May 13 21:10:12 <CROM> Echo: Mitchell does exactly, experimentally slinging a few shots at the steam-looking Paraoa.: 6 (4df+4=+, 0, 0, +)
May 13 21:10:27 <Maddy> The one to the right of the armless comes into view, and is mostly a formless mass with a face of a Parāoa, eyes aflame and mouth opened in a terrivble scream.
May 13 21:10:28 <Gara> 4df+3 Fire fire fire.
May 13 21:10:28 <CROM> Gara: Fire fire fire.: 3 (4df+3=-, +, 0, 0)
May 13 21:11:03 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+4 Rifle blast
May 13 21:11:03 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: Rifle blast: 4 (4df+4=-, +, 0, 0)
May 13 21:11:36 <Maddy> The bullets pass through the steam harmlessly. The third, to the left of the armless looks to be a ball of smoke with large clawed arms.
May 13 21:11:37 <Echo> Okay, that's not good. As soon as Mitchell's done shooting, he starts backpedaling, grabbing at Renee's shoulder and trying to haul her with him as he retreats.
May 13 21:12:00 <Maddy> Renee resists. "We can'ts-"
May 13 21:12:14 <Gara> John gets falling back too, moving fast.
May 13 21:12:15 <Maddy> 4df+4 Brock mdef
May 13 21:12:17 <CROM> Maddy: Brock mdef: 4 (4df+4=0, 0, +, -)
May 13 21:12:52 <MonkeyBomb> ohshit
May 13 21:13:13 <Maddy> 4df+4 Mitchell physdef
May 13 21:13:14 <CROM> Maddy: Mitchell physdef: 2 (4df+4=0, -, -, 0)
May 13 21:13:19 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+2 MDEF
May 13 21:13:19 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: MDEF: 2 (4df+2=-, 0, +, 0)
May 13 21:13:26 <MonkeyBomb> Ace barks uselessly.
May 13 21:13:27 <Echo> 4df+4 Shit
May 13 21:13:28 <CROM> Echo: Shit: 4 (4df+4=-, -, +, +)
May 13 21:13:33 <Maddy> 4df+4 Ace, both.
May 13 21:13:34 <CROM> Maddy: Ace, both.: 3 (4df+4=0, -, +, -)
May 13 21:13:55 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+2 Ace Pdef
May 13 21:13:55 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: Ace Pdef: 1 (4df+2=-, 0, -, +)
May 13 21:14:00 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+1 Ace Mdef
May 13 21:14:00 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: Ace Mdef: 3 (4df+1=+, -, +, +)
May 13 21:18:05 * Tom90deg (~ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.286B1343-CRInys|ged09moT#ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.286B1343-CRInys|ged09moT) has joined #afteraction
May 13 21:18:31 <Maddy> All at once the creatures rush forwards.
May 13 21:18:36 <Echo> …
May 13 21:18:54 <Maddy> The armless steam gets right into Brock's face but doesn't touch him.
May 13 21:20:04 * Tehpillowstar (~PI.3BC155FE.EA7E8EA2.EF990D96|arukam#PI.3BC155FE.EA7E8EA2.EF990D96|arukam) has joined #afteraction
May 13 21:20:26 <Maddy> The Screaming face extends tendrils of smoke try to wrap around Mitchell's body, but it cant get a hold of him, and the clawed creature enters Ace, surrounding him with a red glow.
May 13 21:20:31 <Maddy> Go, MonkeyBomb.
May 13 21:21:06 <Echo> Mitchell keeps backing up, looking like he's just about ready to swing his rifle like a baseball bat.
May 13 21:21:20 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+5 Tagging Ferocious Beast — Ace suddenly bites Brock's leg, growling like a feral demon from hell.
May 13 21:21:21 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: Tagging Ferocious Beast — Ace suddenly bites Brock's leg, growling like a feral demon from hell.: 7 (4df+5=-, +, +, +)
May 13 21:21:24 <MonkeyBomb> o_o
May 13 21:21:31 <Maddy> Roll phys def XD
May 13 21:21:40 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3 Brock — WTF DOG
May 13 21:21:40 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: Brock — WTF DOG: 4 (4df+3=-, +, 0, +)
May 13 21:22:16 <Maddy> You take 2 damage. The spectres dissipate and the glow around Ace disappears.
May 13 21:22:35 <Maddy> The dog takes a second to realize what he's dong then immideately stops and whines, confused.
May 13 21:22:41 <Gara> John has his rifle trained on the dog.
May 13 21:22:44 <Echo> "HOLY FUCKIN' SHIT. DUDE! GET BROCK, I'LL GET THE DOG."
May 13 21:23:04 <MonkeyBomb> Brock yells in pain, snapping out of his stupor. He whirls around.
May 13 21:23:10 <Gara> He stops that, running to get Brock, dragging him if need be.
May 13 21:23:30 <MonkeyBomb> "What the *fuck*."
May 13 21:23:45 <MonkeyBomb> Blood drips down his torn pant leg.
May 13 21:23:51 <Maddy> Ace cowers a little, and limply licks his masters wound, whining.
May 13 21:23:57 <Gara> "Fuck it I'll take care of it later."
May 13 21:23:58 <Gara> "Just move."
May 13 21:24:15 <Echo> "No, wait, fuck it, hold on a second."
May 13 21:24:33 <MonkeyBomb> Brock takes the dog's head in both hands and gently rubs his face, flopping his ears around a little.
May 13 21:24:35 <Echo> He points at Ace. "You saw that shit too, right? That shit went inside him!"
May 13 21:24:39 <Gara> "Yeah."
May 13 21:24:41 <MonkeyBomb> "Yeah."
May 13 21:24:55 <MonkeyBomb> "I think it's gone now." He pats Ace's head. "It's okay now, buddy."
May 13 21:25:03 <Gara> John kneels at the leg. He mumbles, his hand glowing a little blue.
May 13 21:25:06 <MonkeyBomb> Ace whimpers and licks Brock's hand sadly.
May 13 21:25:08 <Gara> 4df+4 Heal, now.
May 13 21:25:09 <CROM> Gara: Heal, now.: 2 (4df+4=-, -, -, +)
May 13 21:25:21 <Maddy> Renee keeps moving forward. "We have some down time…there's not more for a couple blocks."
May 13 21:25:25 <Echo> "What the fuck happens if something like that happens to one of us? Like me? Like not pattin' my own back, but raise your hand if you think I could kick yer ass."
May 13 21:25:36 <MonkeyBomb> Brock raises his hand.
May 13 21:25:37 <Gara> "Yeah."
May 13 21:25:42 <Gara> John's hand is busy.
May 13 21:25:54 <MonkeyBomb> "Well… Good thing it was just Ace and not one of us."
May 13 21:26:19 <Tehpillowstar> Where is everyone?
May 13 21:26:35 <Maddy> Jsut outside the gates
May 13 21:26:52 <Echo> Mitchell looks back toward the cluster of houses they stay in, then toward where Renee's headed. "*Fuck*, man."
May 13 21:26:57 <Gara> Did he heal?
May 13 21:27:16 <Echo> "You saw that shit, dude, guns ain't gonna cut it here."
May 13 21:27:33 <Gara> "Nope."
May 13 21:27:47 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide wanders around and spots the small group at the gates. She immediately heads towards them, but recoils a bit in shock at the sight of Brock's bloody wound. "What the fuck?"
May 13 21:27:51 <Tehpillowstar> "What happened?"
May 13 21:27:53 <MonkeyBomb> "When that one got up close to me, I felt… something."
May 13 21:28:26 <MonkeyBomb> "I felt horrible, like sad horrible."
May 13 21:28:34 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+2 Wounds???
May 13 21:28:34 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: Wounds???: 3 (4df+2=0, 0, +, 0)
May 13 21:28:39 <MonkeyBomb> Is that how that works?
May 13 21:28:44 <Maddy> I think so
May 13 21:28:45 <Echo> "Somethin' got into Ace an' he went after Brock."
May 13 21:28:56 <Maddy> No heal is happens
May 13 21:29:03 <Gara> "Fucking."
May 13 21:29:10 <Gara> "God damn it, it's not closing."
May 13 21:29:54 * WalrusKing (~ten.tsacmoc.jn.1dsh.0707116F-CRInys|niKsurlaW#ten.tsacmoc.jn.1dsh.0707116F-CRInys|niKsurlaW) has joined #afteraction
May 13 21:30:00 <MonkeyBomb> "It's okay. It's not bad."
May 13 21:30:03 <MonkeyBomb> "I've had worse."
May 13 21:30:31 <Tehpillowstar> "Er, /what/ somethin'?"
May 13 21:30:50 * Gara (~moc.rr.ser.xtas.205987E5-CRInys|araG#moc.rr.ser.xtas.205987E5-CRInys|araG) has joined #afteractionmission
May 13 21:30:55 <Gara> "How long do we have?"
May 13 21:31:50 <MonkeyBomb> Brock wants to use the word "Dementor" like in Harry Potter.
May 13 21:32:02 <Maddy> "I think wes could get a couple blocks, but something is close…maybe you could try to evade them?"
May 13 21:32:03 <Echo> "A fuckin' ghost, all I know to call it."
May 13 21:32:11 <Gara> "What, evac the whole group?"
May 13 21:32:44 <Echo> "Not if a buncha shit like that's flyin' here *now*. We ain't even got enough vehicles to move everybody at once."
May 13 21:32:46 <Maddy> "No I means just, follow me from where they won sees you."
May 13 21:33:00 <Maddy> "So you can gets to the Doors and kill…whatever's there."
May 13 21:33:01 <Tehpillowstar> "What did this fuckin' ghoast do?"
May 13 21:33:27 <Gara> "Possess things, okay lets go."
May 13 21:33:37 <Echo> Mitchell unloads his rifle and pistol, stuffing the magazines into pockets on the legs of his flight suit. "Yeah."
May 13 21:34:04 <Echo> He starts off again at John's suggestion, eyes wide.
May 13 21:34:11 <MonkeyBomb> Brock makes sure his leg isn't about to fall off before slinging his rifle over his back and patting Ace's head reassuringly.
May 13 21:34:18 <Gara> John gets going.
May 13 21:34:30 <MonkeyBomb> He keeps his eyes peeled for more ghosties.
May 13 21:34:36 <Maddy> You hear the crying again.
May 13 21:34:53 <MonkeyBomb> "Fuck."
May 13 21:34:59 <Echo> Are there any houses nearby?
May 13 21:35:05 <Echo> A car to duck behind on the street?
May 13 21:35:41 <Maddy> there are some cars, yes
May 13 21:36:04 <Gara> John hides.
May 13 21:36:05 <Echo> Mitchell runs and baseball slides behind the nearest one, waiting to see if the sound appears to be getting closer.
May 13 21:37:05 * Echo invited Devereaux into the channel.
May 13 21:37:12 * Devereaux (worra.si.eman.ym.fo.flah.rehto.eht.esuaceb.egdod.retteb.uoy|veD#worra.si.eman.ym.fo.flah.rehto.eht.esuaceb.egdod.retteb.uoy|veD) has joined #afteractionmission
May 13 21:37:14 <MonkeyBomb> Brock scurries over and ducks down behind a car, pulling Ace with him.
May 13 21:37:43 <Maddy> The sound seems to be zeroing in on Renee, this tme the Sorrow is flanked by two of the spiked arm entites, that I'll call Chaos.
May 13 21:38:01 <Echo> Devereaux, if your guy's taking part, and he's near the gate to the little set of houses they all stay in, he can see three guys taking cover behind cars just down the street from… something.
May 13 21:38:15 <Devereaux> Okay.
May 13 21:38:41 <Devereaux> Dax shows up and crouches next to Brock.
May 13 21:38:53 <Maddy> Well about a block away now
May 13 21:38:55 <Echo> "…" Mitchell listens, and peeks up over the trunk of the car he's behind. This isn't right."
May 13 21:39:10 <Tehpillowstar> (Adelaide is also taking cover)
May 13 21:39:26 <Maddy> When they get too close to Renee…
May 13 21:39:30 <Tehpillowstar> "Jesus…"
May 13 21:39:30 <Echo> He gets up out from behind the car and moves back up near the (he suspects) defenseless Renee.
May 13 21:40:18 <MonkeyBomb> Brock watches, wide-eyed, from his position behind the car.
May 13 21:40:19 <Maddy> 4df+4
May 13 21:40:20 <CROM> Maddy: 4 (4df+4=0, +, -, 0)
May 13 21:40:26 <Maddy> 4df+2
May 13 21:40:26 <CROM> Maddy: 4 (4df+2=0, +, +, 0)
May 13 21:40:55 <Maddy> The Sorrow tries it's thing on Renee and dissipates, to no effect.
May 13 21:41:19 <Maddy> 4df+4 phys and mdef mitchell
May 13 21:41:20 <CROM> Maddy: phys and mdef mitchell: 7 (4df+4=+, +, 0, +)
May 13 21:41:25 <Echo> …
May 13 21:41:26 <MonkeyBomb> O_O
May 13 21:41:28 <Echo> OH, COME ON.
May 13 21:41:30 <Tehpillowstar> Ohshit
May 13 21:41:40 <Echo> 4df+3
May 13 21:41:40 <CROM> Echo: 2 (4df+3=0, 0, -, 0)
May 13 21:41:41 <Echo> 4df+3
May 13 21:41:42 <CROM> Echo: 4 (4df+3=+, +, 0, -)
May 13 21:43:09 <Maddy> The Chaos enters into Mitchell, his arms gaining a horrid glow.
May 13 21:43:15 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide eyes go wide as she suddenly realizes /what just happened/. In quick retaliation she raises both of her hands in front of Mitchell to hold him in place with magic—like what she did to the wood sprite, long time past.
May 13 21:43:18 <MonkeyBomb> "Oh shiiiiiiiit."
May 13 21:44:10 <Echo> Mitchell stops in his tracks and shudders briefly, like a seizure's taking hold. He tilts his head sharply to one side, still jittering, and loosens his grip on his rifle, letting it slide down, catching it in the thin section of the buttstock.
May 13 21:44:34 <MonkeyBomb> Brock rushes out from behind the car, diving for Mitch's gun.
May 13 21:44:46 <Echo> 4df+4 He turns slowly to face Renee, winds back with one hand, and swings the thing right at her head.
May 13 21:44:46 <CROM> Echo: He turns slowly to face Renee, winds back with one hand, and swings the thing right at her head.: 2 (4df+4=-, -, 0, 0)
May 13 21:45:06 <Maddy> 4df+2, she raises her hands and braces for impact.
May 13 21:45:11 <Maddy> 4df+2 she raises her hands and braces for impact.
May 13 21:45:12 <CROM> Maddy: she raises her hands and braces for impact.: 6 (4df+2=+, +, +, +)
May 13 21:45:15 <Echo> …
May 13 21:45:25 <Tehpillowstar> lul
May 13 21:45:42 <Maddy> A glow surrounds her and the rifle bounces off. Brock, m and p def
May 13 21:46:11 <MonkeyBomb> fuck
May 13 21:46:18 <Maddy> 4df+4 ~
May 13 21:46:18 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3 Pdef
May 13 21:46:19 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: Pdef: 7 (4df+3=+, +, +, +)
May 13 21:46:19 <CROM> Maddy: ~: 2 (4df+4=0, -, 0, -)
May 13 21:46:20 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+2 Mdef
May 13 21:46:21 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: Mdef: -1 (4df+2=0, -, -, -)
May 13 21:46:24 <Maddy> oh
May 13 21:46:27 <MonkeyBomb> …
May 13 21:46:27 <Maddy> Almost had it
May 13 21:47:11 <Tehpillowstar> "Brock! Mitchell! Goddamnit…"
May 13 21:47:28 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+2 Brock changes course, ramming straight into Mitchell, his fist flying towards his face.
May 13 21:47:29 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: Brock changes course, ramming straight into Mitchell, his fist flying towards his face.: 3 (4df+2=+, -, 0, +)
May 13 21:47:49 <Devereaux> Dax is sacredly hiding behind the car.
May 13 21:47:54 <MonkeyBomb> Smart man.
May 13 21:48:08 <Echo> 4df+3 Mitchell's still shaking off what just happened to him, not really sure why he's holding his rifle the way he is.
May 13 21:48:08 <CROM> Echo: Mitchell's still shaking off what just happened to him, not really sure why he's holding his rifle the way he is.: 3 (4df+3=+, +, -, -)
May 13 21:48:13 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide is hiding behind the car, but can't help but peek out and watch in horror.
May 13 21:48:32 <Echo> He sees Brock coming at him, and kinda of lazily dips out of the way, stumbling a little at the end of the dodge.
May 13 21:49:08 <Maddy> The ghosts are gone.
May 13 21:49:39 <Maddy> "Mores coming but we're gettings close." Renee pants, out of breath.
May 13 21:49:42 <MonkeyBomb> Brock steadies himself.
May 13 21:49:48 <MonkeyBomb> "GODDAMNIT."
May 13 21:49:55 <Echo> Mitchell turns around slowly, looking for John and Adelaide.
May 13 21:50:04 <Devereaux> Danik comes out from the car and is still shaking a little bit.
May 13 21:50:13 <MonkeyBomb> Brock unstraps his rifle and tosses it off into the grass.
May 13 21:50:15 <Gara> "Anyone hurt?"
May 13 21:50:24 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide rises from her hiding spot.
May 13 21:50:45 <MonkeyBomb> "This is insane."
May 13 21:50:52 <MonkeyBomb> "Sorry, Mitch."
May 13 21:51:57 <Devereaux> "What is happening?" Dax speaks quietly.
May 13 21:52:04 <Echo> "No, it's… it's cool." He holds his hands up. "We're cool."
May 13 21:52:09 <Gara> "Alright."
May 13 21:52:12 <Gara> "Lets move."
May 13 21:52:30 <Echo> Mitchell shouts back at Dax, his voice a little unsteady. "I got a little bit possessed!"
May 13 21:52:32 <Maddy> A little ways off, more sobbing. [This is fucking stupid.]
May 13 21:52:38 <MonkeyBomb> "You might wanna ditch the gun, man."
May 13 21:52:50 <Devereaux> "I noticed."
May 13 21:52:54 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide unloads her rifle and stuffs the magazine ina pocket.
May 13 21:53:05 <Maddy> Perception.
May 13 21:53:14 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3 Fuuuuuck.
May 13 21:53:14 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: Fuuuuuck.: 2 (4df+3=+, -, 0, -)
May 13 21:53:16 <Devereaux> 4df
May 13 21:53:16 <CROM> Devereaux: 2 (4df=+, +, -, +)
May 13 21:53:25 <Tehpillowstar> She adjusts the strap so the rifle slung behind her.
May 13 21:53:29 <Echo> 4df+4 Jesus, not again. Ditch the gun. Yeah right. It's unloaded. Mitchell settles for slinging it across his back.
May 13 21:53:30 <CROM> Echo: Jesus, not again. Ditch the gun. Yeah right. It's unloaded. Mitchell settles for slinging it across his back.: 2 (4df+4=-, 0, -, 0)
May 13 21:53:37 <Tehpillowstar> 4df+3 aaaaaaaaaaaah
May 13 21:53:37 <CROM> Tehpillowstar: aaaaaaaaaaaah: 4 (4df+3=0, +, 0, 0)
May 13 21:55:03 <Gara> 4df+3
May 13 21:55:03 <CROM> Gara: 7 (4df+3=+, +, +, +)
May 13 21:55:14 <MonkeyBomb> You will pay for that later.
May 13 21:55:17 * PaulS_laptop (natsigryk.ni.evac|46c#natsigryk.ni.evac|46c) has joined #afteractionmission
May 13 21:55:17 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to PaulS_laptop
May 13 21:55:20 <Gara> John's senses are now at 100%.
May 13 21:56:03 <Maddy> Addy and John you have the chance to get out of sight before you're seen by the approaching creatures.
May 13 21:56:16 <Gara> He totally does that.
May 13 21:56:22 <Maddy> Everyone else, roll agill to get out of sght fast enough
May 13 21:56:36 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide dives and hides again.
May 13 21:56:38 <Devereaux> 4df+3
May 13 21:56:38 <CROM> Devereaux: 1 (4df+3=0, -, 0, -)
May 13 21:56:41 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+2 SCATTER
May 13 21:56:41 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: SCATTER: 3 (4df+2=0, +, -, +)
May 13 21:57:08 <Echo> 4df+3 Mitchell hears the shit a moment too late, and tries to scramble toward a nearby driveway to huddle behind a car. Apparently Renee can handle herself.
May 13 21:57:09 <CROM> Echo: Mitchell hears the shit a moment too late, and tries to scramble toward a nearby driveway to huddle behind a car. Apparently Renee can handle herself.: 2 (4df+3=0, 0, 0, -)
May 13 21:57:23 <Maddy> ace roll?
May 13 21:57:41 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+2 Ace follows Brock behind a dumpster.
May 13 21:57:42 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: Ace follows Brock behind a dumpster.: 1 (4df+2=-, 0, -, +)
May 13 21:58:07 <Maddy> Dax, mdef anf pdef
May 13 21:58:18 <Maddy> ace, mdef
May 13 21:58:34 <Maddy> dax, also a pdef
May 13 21:58:39 <Maddy> a second one
May 13 21:58:43 <Devereaux> 4df+2
May 13 21:58:43 <CROM> Devereaux: 2 (4df+2=-, +, +, -)
May 13 21:58:45 <Devereaux> 4df
May 13 21:58:46 <CROM> Devereaux: 2 (4df=0, +, 0, +)
May 13 21:58:48 <Devereaux> 4df
May 13 21:58:48 <CROM> Devereaux: 1 (4df=-, +, +, 0)
May 13 21:59:01 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+1 Doggy brains are no good!
May 13 21:59:02 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: Doggy brains are no good!: -1 (4df+1=0, -, -, 0)
May 13 21:59:17 <Maddy> 4df+4 Dax 1
May 13 21:59:18 <CROM> Maddy: Dax 1: 5 (4df+4=+, -, 0, +)
May 13 21:59:22 <Maddy> 4df+4 Dax 2
May 13 21:59:22 <CROM> Maddy: Dax 2: 3 (4df+4=-, 0, -, +)
May 13 21:59:56 <Maddy> 4df+4 Ace
May 13 21:59:57 <CROM> Maddy: Ace: 3 (4df+4=-, +, -, 0)
May 13 22:00:23 <MonkeyBomb> :(
May 13 22:04:21 <Maddy> The Sorrow falls to its knees infront of Ace, and the Chaos and Anger both swarm Dax.
May 13 22:04:23 <Maddy> Dax, go.
May 13 22:04:39 <Devereaux> Dax suddenly starts seeing red.
May 13 22:04:47 <Devereaux> Then he feels angry.
May 13 22:04:51 <Devereaux> At something.
May 13 22:04:54 <Devereaux> Everything.
May 13 22:04:57 <Devereaux> Everyone.
May 13 22:05:30 <Echo> Mitchell peeks up over the car he's behind, trying to see who's been targeted.
May 13 22:05:38 <Devereaux> Then he pulls out his knife and swings at the dog.
May 13 22:05:40 <Devereaux> 4df
May 13 22:05:40 <CROM> Devereaux: 1 (4df=0, +, -, +)
May 13 22:05:44 <Maddy> mitchell you didnt get behind a car in time
May 13 22:05:44 <Echo> JESUS
May 13 22:05:49 <Echo> Oh
May 13 22:06:00 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide carefully peeks out to see what's going on.
May 13 22:06:13 <Maddy> Ace! Pysdef
May 13 22:06:13 <Gara> John does not peek.
May 13 22:06:52 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+2
May 13 22:06:53 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: 0 (4df+2=-, +, -, -)
May 13 22:06:59 <MonkeyBomb> YOU BITCH DAX
May 13 22:07:04 <MonkeyBomb> :c
May 13 22:07:08 <Maddy> re roll
May 13 22:07:12 <Maddy> thats supposed to be at a -2
May 13 22:07:16 <Maddy> :p
May 13 22:07:21 <MonkeyBomb> …
May 13 22:07:24 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+0
May 13 22:07:24 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: 1 (4df+0=-, +, 0, +)
May 13 22:07:32 <Devereaux> …
May 13 22:07:32 <Maddy> Lucky dog
May 13 22:07:44 <MonkeyBomb> That was too damn close
May 13 22:07:48 <Maddy> The spirits dissipate again and Dax comes to his senses.
May 13 22:08:01 <Devereaux> "Ah shit."
May 13 22:08:27 <Maddy> "Almost-" gasp "Theres."
May 13 22:08:31 <MonkeyBomb> Ace recovers. Brock doesn't kill Dax.
May 13 22:08:51 <Echo> "…" Mitchell's not entirely sure about how to even react to the attempted knife-murder of the dog.
May 13 22:09:16 <Devereaux> "What just happened?"
May 13 22:09:25 <Devereaux> "Did I just try to stab Ace?"
May 13 22:09:28 <Gara> "Yeah lets go."
May 13 22:09:32 <Gara> John climbs out of cover.
May 13 22:09:38 <MonkeyBomb> "Yes, yes you did. But it's okay. Ditch the knife."
May 13 22:10:00 <Maddy> This time, around the corner, you hear two voices crying.
May 13 22:10:04 <Devereaux> "But…"
May 13 22:10:25 <Devereaux> Dax looks at his knife and sighs before throwing back towards where they live.
May 13 22:10:37 <Devereaux> He'll get it later if he can.
May 13 22:10:37 <Echo> "Just put the knife away and keep mov-" Mitchell presses himself against the corner of the house he's following around. Fuck running out in the street and getting spotted here.
May 13 22:11:09 <MonkeyBomb> Brock ducks down behind a bush, or tries to at least.
May 13 22:11:22 <Maddy> Renee slowly rounds the corner. "I can sees the Doors."
May 13 22:11:30 <Echo> "Where?"
May 13 22:11:41 <Devereaux> Dax stumbles and falls behind a house before getting up.
May 13 22:11:46 <Maddy> "What is…[My God…]
May 13 22:12:13 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide carefully sneaks up to join where the majority of the group is.
May 13 22:12:17 <Maddy> "The Oppressor." [The Oppressor] this is said in unison
May 13 22:12:30 <Maddy> 4df+4 sad
May 13 22:12:31 <CROM> Maddy: sad: 5 (4df+4=+, +, -, 0)
May 13 22:12:36 <Maddy> 4df+2
May 13 22:12:37 <CROM> Maddy: 2 (4df+2=0, +, -, 0)
May 13 22:12:55 <Maddy> First a Sorrow is on Renee.
May 13 22:13:31 <Maddy> She crumples to he knees, the golden glow leaving her and floatng out of veiw of you guys, probably towards the Door.
May 13 22:16:58 <Echo> "Renee?"
May 13 22:17:28 <Echo> Mitchell raises his voice a little, a shouted whisper. "*Renee*."
May 13 22:18:00 <Maddy> She holds her head, her shoulders heaving and she tries to breathe enough to cry.
May 13 22:18:17 <Maddy> The ound of the other Sorrow is getting closer
May 13 22:18:53 <Tehpillowstar> Can Adelaide see Renee?
May 13 22:19:03 <Tehpillowstar> And is she with Mitchell?
May 13 22:19:03 <Maddy> yeah
May 13 22:19:10 <Maddy> Mitchells still with you guys
May 13 22:19:15 <Maddy> Renee is in the street
May 13 22:20:15 <MonkeyBomb> Brock steps out, moving to get between Renee and the other Sorrow.
May 13 22:20:27 <MonkeyBomb> He couldn't imagine having two of those things in you…
May 13 22:20:44 <Maddy> 4df+4 mdef broky
May 13 22:20:45 <CROM> Maddy: mdef broky: 4 (4df+4=-, +, -, +)
May 13 22:20:58 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+2 …
May 13 22:20:58 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: …: 3 (4df+2=+, +, 0, -)
May 13 22:21:06 <Maddy> You know the drill.
May 13 22:21:10 <Maddy> Anyone else taking action?
May 13 22:21:32 <Echo> Mitchell makes his move, might as well try to intercept anything else.
May 13 22:21:39 <MonkeyBomb> Brock squeezes his eyes shut as the spirit moves into him.
May 13 22:21:41 <Echo> He follows out behind Brock.
May 13 22:22:16 <Maddy> aaaanyone else?
May 13 22:22:25 <MonkeyBomb> Dark thoughts pass through Brock's mind as memories… terrible memories of the early days after the Event… add to the overall sorrow being pumped through his mind.
May 13 22:22:30 <Gara> John… Moves.
May 13 22:22:38 <Maddy> moves where
May 13 22:22:51 <Gara> To directly into the open!
May 13 22:23:04 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide…stays where she is.
May 13 22:23:14 <Maddy> Devereaux, last call
May 13 22:23:17 <Tehpillowstar> She watches but she gathers up her power to do something
May 13 22:23:17 <Gara> And makes himself visible.
May 13 22:23:35 <Devereaux> Dax jumps out with the others, too afraid to be alone.
May 13 22:23:48 <Maddy> John
May 13 22:23:51 <Maddy> p and m def
May 13 22:23:57 <Maddy> 4df+4 Beat this
May 13 22:23:57 <CROM> Maddy: Beat this: 5 (4df+4=0, 0, +, 0)
May 13 22:24:01 <Maddy> or meet it
May 13 22:24:08 <MonkeyBomb> Too bad you guys can't see what's going on in Brock's head.
May 13 22:24:21 <Gara> 4df+2 But I can't
May 13 22:24:21 <CROM> Gara: But I can't: 1 (4df+2=-, -, +, 0)
May 13 22:24:42 <Gara> 4df+5 Tagging Waywalker for MDef.
May 13 22:24:42 <CROM> Gara: Tagging Waywalker for MDef.: 8 (4df+5=0, +, +, +)
May 13 22:25:41 <MonkeyBomb> Brock hopes someone's willing to intercept another Sorrow if there is one… He couldn't do it even if he wanted to.
May 13 22:26:20 <Maddy> The Chaos enters John
May 13 22:26:55 * Tox|Work (artsuhtaraz.hc|rps.suht#artsuhtaraz.hc|rps.suht) has joined #afteractionmission
May 13 22:27:24 <Gara> 4df+2 John turns, dropping his rifle, letting the strap catch it… and dashes at Mitchell, swining his fist with his whole body weight, throwing himself into Mitchell.
May 13 22:27:25 <CROM> Gara: John turns, dropping his rifle, letting the strap catch it… and dashes at Mitchell, swining his fist with his whole body weight, throwing himself into Mitchell.: 3 (4df+2=+, 0, -, +)
May 13 22:27:38 <Echo> O_O
May 13 22:28:04 <Echo> 4df+3 Mitchell brings a hand up at John's jaw, twisting and trying to shove him aside.
May 13 22:28:05 <CROM> Echo: Mitchell brings a hand up at John's jaw, twisting and trying to shove him aside.: 5 (4df+3=+, +, -, +)
May 13 22:29:03 <Gara> John goes away now, tumbling to the ground.
May 13 22:29:42 <Maddy> The spirits dissipate, and now that most of you are out you also see the Door
May 13 22:29:46 <Maddy> and the Oppressor
May 13 22:29:51 <Maddy> Paus for decription.
May 13 22:31:14 <Maddy> Something the size of a school bus is patroling back and forth before the door. You have no idea how it got out.
May 13 22:31:39 <Maddy> It looks to be a rotting whale carcass with arms where the front fins would be.
May 13 22:32:11 <Maddy> The sloughing skin undulates with the screaming agonized faces of many Paraoa.
May 13 22:32:15 <Maddy> It hasn't seen you yet.
May 13 22:32:17 <Maddy> Go
May 13 22:32:31 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide walks out into the open to join the others.
May 13 22:32:35 <Echo> Mitchell ducks back behind the house, dragging renee with him.
May 13 22:32:46 <Echo> Fuck that. This can come to no good at all.
May 13 22:32:48 <Maddy> "You haves to kill it."
May 13 22:32:55 <MonkeyBomb> Brock dives behind some bushes as soon as he recovers from the possession.
May 13 22:33:00 <Devereaux> Dax doesn't move.
May 13 22:33:03 <MonkeyBomb> Ace cowers nearby.
May 13 22:33:13 <Tehpillowstar> …redact that
May 13 22:33:36 <Devereaux> Dax is paralyzed with fear.
May 13 22:33:40 <Echo> "We will. Shh. Quiet though. Shh. We can't now, though." He peeks back around the corner, then looks back at the other. "Okay, fuck. Who saw it. Did you fucking see that?"
May 13 22:33:57 <Tehpillowstar> "Yes."
May 13 22:34:01 <MonkeyBomb> "Shit, man. How'd that thing get here?"
May 13 22:34:08 <MonkeyBomb> He doesn't care for an answer.
May 13 22:34:23 <Maddy> The creature starts to rouns slowly, starting to face where Dax is stood.
May 13 22:34:40 <Devereaux> Dax starts hyperventilating.
May 13 22:34:43 <Echo> "Dude! Move! Get over here, you stupid asshole!"
May 13 22:34:47 <Tehpillowstar> "…Oh fuck, Dax you fucking idiot."
May 13 22:35:00 <Gara> John goes with them in the house.
May 13 22:35:16 <Devereaux> Dax hears them and tries to run but falls over short of the house.
May 13 22:35:20 <Maddy> There's a loud BOOM of a sonic click, you can feel it in your chests like being at a dubstep concernt next to the speakers.
May 13 22:35:32 <Tehpillowstar> Can Adelaide do TK field over Dax?
May 13 22:35:45 <Echo> Mitchell takes this exact moment to load his weapons again.
May 13 22:35:55 <Gara> John never unloaded. "Okay so."
May 13 22:36:09 <MonkeyBomb> Brock peers through the foliage, trying to get a good look into the Door.
May 13 22:36:16 <Maddy> Go for it
May 13 22:36:27 <Maddy> The Door is closed.
May 13 22:36:35 <Tehpillowstar> Burning 1 AP for Telekinetic Field over Dax, give him a fucking fighting chance.
May 13 22:36:37 <Tehpillowstar> 1d3
May 13 22:36:38 <CROM> Tehpillowstar: 2 (1d3=2)
May 13 22:36:46 <Tehpillowstar> The effect will last for two turns.
May 13 22:37:06 <Tehpillowstar> +1 Pdef and Mdef for Dax and anyone who comes near him.
May 13 22:37:13 <Maddy> 4df+4 Phys def, Dax.
May 13 22:37:14 <CROM> Maddy: Phys def, Dax.: 6 (4df+4=+, +, -, +)
May 13 22:37:22 <Devereaux> 4df
May 13 22:37:23 <CROM> Devereaux: 1 (4df=+, 0, 0, 0)
May 13 22:37:27 <Devereaux> 4df+1
May 13 22:37:27 <CROM> Devereaux: -2 (4df+1=-, 0, -, -)
May 13 22:37:30 <Maddy> Oh wow
May 13 22:37:33 <Maddy> OH WOW
May 13 22:37:35 <Tehpillowstar> pfffft
May 13 22:37:38 <Devereaux> (The second one is right…)
May 13 22:38:35 <Maddy> The creature comes charging towards Dax, stopping short and shifting to slam him into a wall with its tail.
May 13 22:38:46 <Devereaux> (Agil?)
May 13 22:38:49 <Maddy> -2 body, and you probably have some broken ribs.
May 13 22:38:53 <Maddy> nopw
May 13 22:39:45 <Maddy> Your turn, guys.
May 13 22:39:47 <Devereaux> Dax curls up against the wall and starts crying.
May 13 22:40:19 <Echo> The jig's up, and it's going to keep attacking the poor bastard if no one does anything.
May 13 22:41:12 <Echo> 4df+4 Mitchell, patron saint of poor civilian bastards, jumps up from his position by the house and runs at the thing with a rebel yell, M4 chattering on auto the entire way.
May 13 22:41:13 <CROM> Echo: Mitchell, patron saint of poor civilian bastards, jumps up from his position by the house and runs at the thing with a rebel yell, M4 chattering on auto the entire way.: 6 (4df+4=0, +, +, 0)
May 13 22:41:25 <Maddy> 4df+4 oh noooo
May 13 22:41:26 <CROM> Maddy: oh noooo: 3 (4df+4=0, +, -, -)
May 13 22:41:34 <Maddy> How mug damage do you do?
May 13 22:41:39 <Echo> 3
May 13 22:41:41 <Gara> 4df+3 John opens the fuck up. Time to fire bullets into the thing. He moves along side Mitchell, firing the weird fancy rifle he looted.
May 13 22:41:41 <CROM> Gara: John opens the fuck up. Time to fire bullets into the thing. He moves along side Mitchell, firing the weird fancy rifle he looted.: 5 (4df+3=+, +, +, -)
May 13 22:41:49 <Maddy> 4df+4 oh noooo~
May 13 22:41:50 <CROM> Maddy: oh noooo~: 4 (4df+4=0, +, -, 0)
May 13 22:41:54 <Maddy> And you, John?
May 13 22:42:07 <Gara> 3.
May 13 22:42:07 <Tehpillowstar> 4df+5 Tagging Lady of War. Adelaide reloads her rifle at the ready and let 'er rips.
May 13 22:42:08 <CROM> Tehpillowstar: Tagging Lady of War. Adelaide reloads her rifle at the ready and let 'er rips.: 4 (4df+5=-, 0, 0, 0)
May 13 22:42:16 <Maddy> 4df+4 oh noooo!!!!!
May 13 22:42:17 <CROM> Maddy: oh noooo!!!!!: 3 (4df+4=+, -, 0, -)
May 13 22:42:23 <Maddy> Jeeze
May 13 22:42:25 <Devereaux> The loud noises make Dax cry harder.
May 13 22:42:27 <Maddy> Your namage?
May 13 22:42:29 <Maddy> damage
May 13 22:42:48 <Tehpillowstar> 3 damage
May 13 22:42:53 <Gara> Four. I did 4 damage.
May 13 22:43:05 <Maddy> Everyone pdef
May 13 22:43:23 <Gara> 4df+2 Revengence time.
May 13 22:43:23 <CROM> Gara: Revengence time.: -1 (4df+2=-, -, -, 0)
May 13 22:43:27 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3 Brock
May 13 22:43:28 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: Brock: 5 (4df+3=-, +, +, +)
May 13 22:43:31 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+2 Ace
May 13 22:43:32 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: Ace: 4 (4df+2=+, +, +, -)
May 13 22:43:35 <Tehpillowstar> Can we use the TK field bonus?
May 13 22:43:36 <MonkeyBomb> :D
May 13 22:43:38 <Tehpillowstar> It's still effective
May 13 22:43:51 <Maddy> idk Dax was kinda knocked into a wall
May 13 22:44:00 <Maddy> are peopel standing near him?
May 13 22:44:18 <MonkeyBomb> Brock is probably not.
May 13 22:44:41 <Echo> 4df+4 … Using an AP for Tactical Sense. As the thing moves toward them to attack, Mitchell starts lighting up its arms and legs, trying to trip it or blow a limb off or something.
May 13 22:44:41 <CROM> Echo: … Using an AP for Tactical Sense. As the thing moves toward them to attack, Mitchell starts lighting up its arms and legs, trying to trip it or blow a limb off or something.: 4 (4df+4=-, +, 0, 0)
May 13 22:44:55 <Tehpillowstar> Is Dax near where the people were?
May 13 22:45:11 <Devereaux> He got thrown pretty far it seems.
May 13 22:45:18 <Tehpillowstar> 4df+2 whelp
May 13 22:45:19 <CROM> Tehpillowstar: whelp: 2 (4df+2=+, 0, -, 0)
May 13 22:45:40 <Maddy> As the beast falls to the ground it BURSTS
May 13 22:46:27 <Maddy> bits of bone and rotting flesh fly in every direction and start rapidly decaying with the scream of a thousand voices.
May 13 22:46:39 <Maddy> John and Addy are hit with bone 2 damage
May 13 22:47:17 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide is hit hard in the head and falls back, stunned and bleeding.
May 13 22:48:10 <Echo> Mitchell kneels and spins in the direction the shit is flying, trying to face away as the thing pops, a few rounds flying wide and smacking into a nearby car.
May 13 22:48:21 <Tehpillowstar> Another bone piece is embedded in her arm.
May 13 22:48:29 <Gara> John drops. "Fuck, okay shit." He checks. Was it fragment?
May 13 22:48:31 <Echo> "JOHN! GET ON DAX!"
May 13 22:48:45 <Gara> And back to his feet. "On it!"
May 13 22:48:49 <Devereaux> Dax just keeps crying through piles of blood, guts, and muscle.
May 13 22:48:49 <Maddy> As the Oppressor rots, the golden glow is by the door.
May 13 22:48:58 <Maddy> The bone doesnt rot
May 13 22:48:58 <Gara> He gets moving over, getting back Dax.
May 13 22:49:07 <Gara> I burn some AP to force him to heal.
May 13 22:49:13 <Gara> 2 points of heal.
May 13 22:49:13 <Maddy> only the flesh, dissapearing like it was ice melting in the sun.
May 13 22:49:35 <Echo> Mitchell comes back up with the rifle, looking for anything else that might be coming after them. Is the Door still closed?
May 13 22:49:41 <MonkeyBomb> Brock and Ace luckily missed the flying fragments of soggy bone and flesh.
May 13 22:49:42 <Maddy> Yes
May 13 22:49:46 <Devereaux> Dax feels better.
May 13 22:49:56 <Echo> The Baby.
May 13 22:49:57 <Maddy> Renee approaches the door.
May 13 22:50:02 <Devereaux> He stands up and quivering, walks back towards them.
May 13 22:50:09 <MonkeyBomb> "Careful…" Brock steps over some gunk.
May 13 22:50:11 <Gara> "You're gonna be alright."
May 13 22:50:19 <MonkeyBomb> He said that to Renee, by the way.
May 13 22:50:39 <Maddy> She nods, seeming to be in conversation with the entity.
May 13 22:51:04 <Gara> He checks himself for wounds.
May 13 22:51:37 <Maddy> Other than make a gash and bruise from getting whacked by the bone, he's ok
May 13 22:52:01 <Tehpillowstar> After a bit, Adelaide staggers to her feet and walks over to the rest of the group, her uninjured arm carrying her rifle
May 13 22:52:30 <Echo> Mitchell takes a few deep breaths, dropping his rifle for the sling to catch. He draws his pistol, easing a little closer to the door.
May 13 22:53:03 <Gara> 4df+4 Heal myself.
May 13 22:53:03 <CROM> Gara: Heal myself.: 4 (4df+4=0, -, +, 0)
May 13 22:53:07 <Gara> 4df+2 Wound check.
May 13 22:53:07 <CROM> Gara: Wound check.: 1 (4df+2=0, 0, 0, -)
May 13 22:53:13 <Gara> His wounds, too, seal.
May 13 22:54:20 <Gara> He moves over to Adelaide. "Stay still."
May 13 22:54:20 <MonkeyBomb> Brock has nothing more to say.
May 13 22:54:28 <Gara> 4df+4 Roll your wounds against me, please.
May 13 22:54:29 <CROM> Gara: Roll your wounds against me, please.: 3 (4df+4=+, -, 0, -)
May 13 22:54:39 <Devereaux> Dax just looks around.
May 13 22:54:54 <Maddy> The entity moves back into the door and dissapears.
May 13 22:55:26 <Tehpillowstar> 4df+2 Adelaide complies.
May 13 22:55:26 <CROM> Tehpillowstar: Adelaide complies.: 3 (4df+2=+, 0, +, -)
May 13 22:55:44 <Echo> We'll say it's good.
May 13 22:56:01 <Gara> And her wounds close.
May 13 22:56:22 <Gara> "And peachy."
May 13 22:58:02 <MonkeyBomb> Brock is quiet for a moment. "So, uh, Renee…"
May 13 22:58:08 <MonkeyBomb> "Care to explain what the hell just happened?"
May 13 22:58:15 <Gara> "Life is good with the magic man." He turns to the door.
May 13 22:58:57 <Echo> After it's obvious nothing else is coming out, Mitchell holsters his pistol and just kinda looks around. Is the flesh still melting?
May 13 22:59:06 <Maddy> "From whats Hope saids, it looks like the feelings of my peoples got out…"
May 13 22:59:16 <Maddy> "This Doors goes to whats lefts of my citys."
May 13 22:59:16 <MonkeyBomb> "…."
May 13 22:59:23 <Maddy> There's almsot no flesh left
May 13 23:00:09 <Gara> "Oh."
May 13 23:00:39 <Maddy> "It's clean of the Sorrow, Anger, Chaos ands Oppressors now, but it's still nots completely safes for you guys…but I could go ins."
May 13 23:00:58 <Maddy> "See ifs I can get some drained, and maybe theres some usefuls things in there."
May 13 23:01:13 <Gara> "Do what you feel you have to, Renee."
May 13 23:01:15 <Maddy> "Haeata will haves to gives me the knock, though."
May 13 23:01:34 <MonkeyBomb> "What I want to know is how those things got through there in the first place."
May 13 23:01:47 <Echo> "Maybe they know somethin' we don't."
May 13 23:03:24 <Maddy> "I guess the rules are differents for the ghosts? Apparently the Oppressors just manifests wherever the others did."
May 13 23:06:07 <Echo> Mitchell shrugs. "Maybe." He nods back toward their houses. "We should head back."
May 13 23:06:29 <Maddy> "Lets just go homes for now." she nods, and starts back at a normal pace now that she's not home to a ghosty thing.