Strange Slug

Nov 09 22:40:41 <CondorTalon> *shwuk* *shwuk* *shwuk*
Nov 09 22:40:51 <Nioki> "In actual use, I would not do something as complex as what I used on you. The simple image of the aiming of a gun should be sufficient."
Nov 09 22:41:47 <Maddy> Alice looks up from her drawing. "D-did you hear that?"
Nov 09 22:42:06 <Tom90deg> "Fair enough. Why don't you use just bright light?"
Nov 09 22:42:21 <Tom90deg> "Or just darkness, blind em or Dazzle them."
Nov 09 22:42:26 <Nioki> "Would you attack a sudden bright light?"
Nov 09 22:42:41 <Tom90deg> "No, but I'd be so stunned that someone else could walk right up and bonk me on the head."
Nov 09 22:42:51 <Nioki> "As I have repeatedly stated, this is to cause people to attack each other."
Nov 09 22:42:51 <Tom90deg> "And I imagine it might be easier to do."
Nov 09 22:42:58 <CondorTalon> *shwuk*
Nov 09 22:43:00 <Tom90deg> "Fair enough. "
Nov 09 22:43:04 <Tom90deg> "You hear something?"
Nov 09 22:43:09 <CondorTalon> *kffgghh*
Nov 09 22:43:13 <E4D> "?"
Nov 09 22:43:18 <Nioki> "Every method and tactic has its particular uses."
Nov 09 22:43:23 <Nioki> "…Yes."
Nov 09 22:43:25 <Maddy> Alice nudges Jason. "Did you hear that?"
Nov 09 22:43:26 <Ragazzo> Lance blinks, and looks around the deck, from his corner, where he's been drinking watert.
Nov 09 22:43:35 <E4D> Jason sits up on the bed from behind her. "Hear what?"
Nov 09 22:43:48 <Nioki> 4df+4 Perception. Alanoch looks and listens and stuff.
Nov 09 22:43:49 <Glacon> Nioki: Perception. Alanoch looks and listens and stuff.: 1 (4df+4=0, -, -, -)
Nov 09 22:43:53 <Maddy> "…guess it was nothing."
Nov 09 22:43:57 <Nioki> He sees an ocean!
Nov 09 22:44:01 <Maddy> She shrugs.
Nov 09 22:44:04 <Nioki> It's a pretty big ocean!
Nov 09 22:44:08 <Tom90deg> Zoe looks over the side as well.
Nov 09 22:44:10 <Tom90deg> 4df+2
Nov 09 22:44:10 <Glacon> Tom90deg: 0 (4df+2=0, -, 0, -)
Nov 09 22:44:19 <Ragazzo> 4df Lance generally looks around
Nov 09 22:44:19 <Glacon> Ragazzo: Lance generally looks around: -1 (4df=-, 0, -, +)
Nov 09 22:44:31 <Nioki> Zoe sees less ocean than Alanoch. Lance sees less ocean than Zoe.
Nov 09 22:44:50 <Tom90deg> "Don't see anything…but I swear I heard something."
Nov 09 22:44:55 <Dawny> 4df Jillian looks around, halfheartedly.
Nov 09 22:44:55 <Glacon> Dawny: Jillian looks around, halfheartedly.: 2 (4df=+, +, 0, 0)
Nov 09 22:44:58 <Light> 4df+4 Light, on deck, looks up.
Nov 09 22:44:58 <Glacon> Light: Light, on deck, looks up.: 2 (4df+4=0, 0, -, -)
Nov 09 22:45:09 <E4D> Jesus.
Nov 09 22:46:14 <CondorTalon> *shwuk* *kffgghh* *shwuk* *shwuk* *shwuk* *kffgghh*
Nov 09 22:46:29 <Ragazzo> "…that sounds bad."
Nov 09 22:46:40 <Tom90deg> «Hey, we've got some weird noises up on deck. Anyone else hear that?»
Nov 09 22:46:57 <E4D> «Oscar mike.»
Nov 09 22:47:05 <Maddy> «I t-thought I heard something…»
Nov 09 22:47:15 <Maddy> Alice follows Jason.
Nov 09 22:47:16 <E4D> Jason pats Alice's shoulder, and then he's up and out the door, rifle in hand.
Nov 09 22:47:41 <Light> Light shrugs to herself, glancing into the water.
Nov 09 22:47:52 <Tom90deg> «It's getting louder I think. None of us saw anything though.»
Nov 09 22:48:07 <Maddy> Alice has her gun with her as per usual.
Nov 09 22:48:26 <E4D> He arrives on deck about 30 seconds later. "Where's it coming from?"
Nov 09 22:48:45 <Tom90deg> "Can't tell."
Nov 09 22:48:59 <Light> "Engine?" Light walks over.
Nov 09 22:49:04 <CondorTalon> It seems to be coming from the side of the boat.
Nov 09 22:49:11 <E4D> "…"
Nov 09 22:49:15 <Tom90deg> "I mean, over here…"
Nov 09 22:49:23 <Nioki> 4df+4 Maneuver. Perception->Luxomancy. Alanoch pulls in light, his threads clustering around the boat, readying for whatever is coming.
Nov 09 22:49:23 <Tom90deg> "Dosn't sound like an engine…"
Nov 09 22:49:23 <Glacon> Nioki: Maneuver. Perception->Luxomancy. Alanoch pulls in light, his threads clustering around the boat, readying for whatever is coming.: 2 (4df+4=-, +, -, -)
Nov 09 22:49:41 <Nioki> Nope. It's rather dark, and he just can't get enough light.
Nov 09 22:49:53 <E4D> 4df+4 Athletics maneuver to Ranged. Jason edges up to the direction they indicated, leaning over the side, bracing against the rail.
Nov 09 22:49:54 <Glacon> E4D: Athletics maneuver to Ranged. Jason edges up to the direction they indicated, leaning over the side, bracing against the rail.: 4 (4df+4=0, +, -, 0)
Nov 09 22:50:19 <Ragazzo> Lance flips out his sword, and limbers up a bit.
Nov 09 22:50:40 <E4D> He searches for a target.
Nov 09 22:50:41 * Photosynthetic is now known as Photosynthetic_Away
Nov 09 22:50:46 <Ragazzo> 4df+3 Ath->Melee
Nov 09 22:50:47 <Glacon> Ragazzo: Ath->Melee: 1 (4df+3=-, +, -, -)
Nov 09 22:50:51 <Ragazzo> Nope.
Nov 09 22:51:00 <Ragazzo> He rubs his back, grumbling.
Nov 09 22:51:38 <CondorTalon> You don't see anything on the side of the ship… oh wait, there's some sort of distortion coming from about two metres down…
Nov 09 22:51:45 * Light tries to look into the water on that side of the boat, now.
Nov 09 22:51:48 <Light> "Huh."
Nov 09 22:51:55 <Nioki> "See anything?"
Nov 09 22:52:00 <CondorTalon> It moves.
Nov 09 22:52:00 <E4D> «Light? Alice?»
Nov 09 22:52:03 <CondorTalon> *shwuk* *shwuk* *shwuk*
Nov 09 22:52:07 <E4D> "O_O"
Nov 09 22:52:18 <Tom90deg> "Got something…."
Nov 09 22:52:19 * Light slooowly steps back from the side of the bat.
Nov 09 22:52:23 <Light> *boat. There is no bat.
Nov 09 22:52:24 <Tom90deg> "It's…dark, and moving."
Nov 09 22:52:25 <E4D> 4df+7 Jason opens fire, rata-tat-tatting as he backs away.
Nov 09 22:52:25 <Glacon> E4D: Jason opens fire, rata-tat-tatting as he backs away.: 4 (4df+7=-, -, -, 0)
Nov 09 22:52:44 * Dawny has quit (Ping timeout)
Nov 09 22:52:50 <CondorTalon> The bullets clang off the side of the ship, and you hear a screech
Nov 09 22:52:57 <CondorTalon> *shwuk* *shwuk* *shwuk* *shwuk* *shwuk* *shwuk* *shwuk* *shwuk* *shwuk*
Nov 09 22:53:07 * Light then rushes forward again and tried to make out what it is.
Nov 09 22:53:10 <Ragazzo> "Oh /boy/. Here we go."
Nov 09 22:53:13 <E4D> "… Fuck." «JOHN! ON DECK! *NOW*.»
Nov 09 22:53:24 <CondorTalon> Ladies, MDef.
Nov 09 22:53:27 <E4D> «BRING THE THROWE!»
Nov 09 22:53:29 <Tom90deg> Zoe steps back from the railig
Nov 09 22:53:32 <Nioki> "Do you want some underwater light?"
Nov 09 22:53:43 <E4D> 4df+4 Glacon, you *mother*fucker.
Nov 09 22:53:43 <Glacon> E4D: Glacon, you *mother*fucker.: 3 (4df+4=0, -, +, -)
Nov 09 22:53:46 <Light> 4df+4 Glacon don't fail me now
Nov 09 22:53:46 <Glacon> Light: Glacon don't fail me now: 3 (4df+4=0, 0, -, 0)
Nov 09 22:53:54 <Tom90deg> 4df+2
Nov 09 22:53:54 <Glacon> Tom90deg: 4 (4df+2=+, +, +, -)
Nov 09 22:54:23 <Maddy> 4df+3
Nov 09 22:54:24 <Glacon> Maddy: 4 (4df+3=0, 0, 0, +)
Nov 09 22:54:27 <CondorTalon> Jason is not a lady.
Nov 09 22:54:35 <Ragazzo> Or *is* he.
Nov 09 22:54:53 <PaulS_laptop> John arrives on deck, with the flamethrower
Nov 09 22:54:59 <PaulS_laptop> «Here»
Nov 09 22:55:05 <PaulS_laptop> «Sorry, had to find my shit»
Nov 09 22:55:13 <Light> Light spends a point to invoke "Beacon of Solidarity", adding 2 points to just her score, for a 5.
Nov 09 22:56:37 <CondorTalon> *shwuk* *shwuk* *shwuk* *shwuk*
Nov 09 22:56:54 <CondorTalon> *kffgghh*
Nov 09 22:56:57 <Nioki> «I can create underwater lighting, if you want.»
Nov 09 22:57:06 <Tom90deg> «I would.»
Nov 09 22:57:28 <CondorTalon> The sound fades. It's getting farther away.
Nov 09 22:57:50 <Light> «Yes please.»
Nov 09 22:57:52 <Tom90deg> "Huh…Think we scared it off or something?"
Nov 09 22:58:09 <Nioki> «Jason?»
Nov 09 22:58:10 <Ragazzo> "No, I'll bet it comes back once we aren't expecting it."
Nov 09 22:58:18 <Tom90deg> "That's a lovely thought."
Nov 09 22:58:23 <Maddy> "What in the shit is g-going on tonight?"
Nov 09 22:58:28 * Tox|Laptop (~ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.99019A52-CRInys|norcimO#ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.99019A52-CRInys|norcimO) has joined #afteraction
Nov 09 22:58:29 <PaulS_laptop> «Jason, would you prefer if I dropped a depth charge or two overboard?»
Nov 09 22:58:58 <Tom90deg> "No idea."
Nov 09 22:59:30 <Dexanote> Myrtle walks back outside. "… What'd I miss?"
Nov 09 22:59:57 <CondorTalon> *shwuk*
Nov 09 22:59:58 <CondorTalon> *shwuk* *shwuk*
Nov 09 22:59:58 <Ragazzo> "Some sort of thing is around the boat."
Nov 09 22:59:59 <CondorTalon> *shwuk* *shwuk* *shwuk*
Nov 09 23:00:02 <Tom90deg> "Hear that?"
Nov 09 23:00:03 <Ragazzo> "Making htat noise."
Nov 09 23:00:06 <Tom90deg> "That's what's up."
Nov 09 23:00:06 <Ragazzo> *that
Nov 09 23:00:12 <CondorTalon> *splat*
Nov 09 23:00:16 <CondorTalon> *shwuk* *shwuk* *shwuk* *shwuk* *shwuk* *shwuk* *shwuk* *shwuk*
Nov 09 23:00:16 <PaulS_laptop> "I'll be right back"
Nov 09 23:00:28 <CondorTalon> *snrrrrrrrrpwik*
Nov 09 23:00:33 <Daedalize> Belowdeck, Sera hears chatter on the radio.
Nov 09 23:00:45 <Ragazzo> "Thaaaaaat's probably bad."
Nov 09 23:00:47 <PaulS_laptop> John goes below decks, to the ammo storage room, and comes up with two M67 fragmentation grenades
Nov 09 23:01:19 <Dexanote> Myr pauses for a moment, considering the situation.
Nov 09 23:01:22 * E4D has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Nov 09 23:01:27 <Tom90deg> "See? It didn't come back when we were least expecting it to."
Nov 09 23:01:28 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+5 tagging "a whiff of the ol brimstone" to deploy one at a safe distance from the boat, but close enough to fuck something up that's only a few feet down. he cooks it off and then throws.
Nov 09 23:01:28 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: tagging "a whiff of the ol brimstone" to deploy one at a safe distance from the boat, but close enough to fuck something up that's only a few feet down. he cooks it off and then throws.: 5 (4df+5=-, +, 0, 0)
Nov 09 23:01:33 <Nioki> 4df+4 Perception maneuver. Alanoch just keeps pulling in light, waiting for someone in a position of leadership to respond.
Nov 09 23:01:33 <Glacon> Nioki: Perception maneuver. Alanoch just keeps pulling in light, waiting for someone in a position of leadership to respond.: 0 (4df+4=-, -, -, -)
Nov 09 23:01:37 <Nioki> Nope.
Nov 09 23:01:45 <Tom90deg> 4df+2 Perception!
Nov 09 23:01:46 <Glacon> Tom90deg: Perception!: 1 (4df+2=-, 0, +, -)
Nov 09 23:01:53 * E4D (PI.B08D965B.17C6AEC6.7D53AD95|tibbiM#PI.B08D965B.17C6AEC6.7D53AD95|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Nov 09 23:01:56 <Nioki> He's distracted by all the fuck you glacon.
Nov 09 23:02:27 <E4D> «This is Jason, send it.»
Nov 09 23:02:28 <Ragazzo> "Just do it, Alanoch. Jesus."
Nov 09 23:02:35 <Ragazzo> "What are you waiting for?"
Nov 09 23:02:58 <E4D> «DO IT.»
Nov 09 23:03:03 <CondorTalon> "Aaah! Aaaaah! What… what the hell is that?"
Nov 09 23:03:05 <PaulS_laptop> Condor, what happened to the grenade John just deployed
Nov 09 23:03:09 <Nioki> 4df+5 Luxomancy.
Nov 09 23:03:09 <Glacon> Nioki: Luxomancy.: 4 (4df+5=0, 0, 0, -)
Nov 09 23:03:14 <PaulS_laptop> «Already dropped a charge»
Nov 09 23:03:25 <CondorTalon> It blew.
Nov 09 23:03:30 <Nioki> Threads of light appear beneath the surface of the water, spreading outwards.
Nov 09 23:04:40 <PaulS_laptop> John shrugs in disappointment and goes back down belowdecks, swapping out a grenade for a 1 kilo demo charge «Jason, I'm prepping a C4 charge to go dynamite fishin' again»
Nov 09 23:04:57 <Nioki> "I prefer to wait for confirmation from whoever is in a position of leadership. It helps to prevent accidents."
Nov 09 23:05:04 <Ragazzo> Lance looks around for the panicked voice of…rosa?
Nov 09 23:05:22 <E4D> «Fuck 'em up.»
Nov 09 23:05:24 <CondorTalon> Yes. It's coming from belowdecks.
Nov 09 23:05:30 <Tom90deg> "Wait, who is yelling?"
Nov 09 23:05:39 <Maddy> Alice goes towards Rosa's voice.
Nov 09 23:05:41 <Ragazzo> Lance skedaddles belowdecks, making for the source of the scream.
Nov 09 23:05:43 <PaulS_laptop> «Gladly»
Nov 09 23:05:45 <Tom90deg> Zoe follows.
Nov 09 23:05:55 <PaulS_laptop> John walks back on deck with a demolition charge.
Nov 09 23:06:06 <E4D> Jason follows after his wife, weapon at the ready. <Careful, Alice.»
Nov 09 23:06:09 <CondorTalon> It's coming from her room.
Nov 09 23:06:19 <Nioki> "…How did it get inside? There should be no openings down there."
Nov 09 23:06:22 <Ragazzo> Lance stops by the door, assuming it's closed.
Nov 09 23:06:27 <CondorTalon> It is.
Nov 09 23:06:28 <Dexanote> 4df+3
Nov 09 23:06:29 <Glacon> Dexanote: 2 (4df+3=+, -, -, 0)
Nov 09 23:06:34 <Ragazzo> He looks at everyone. "Ready?"
Nov 09 23:06:36 <CondorTalon> He can hear sobbing.
Nov 09 23:06:46 <Ragazzo> He opens the door.
Nov 09 23:06:48 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+6 tagging "a whiff of the ol brimstone" John preps the charge for a three second delay. He'll drop it overboard on jason's signal
Nov 09 23:06:49 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: tagging "a whiff of the ol brimstone" John preps the charge for a three second delay. He'll drop it overboard on jason's signal: 8 (4df+6=+, +, 0, 0)
Nov 09 23:07:02 <Tom90deg> Zoe nods, "Ready"
Nov 09 23:07:19 <Maddy> "Rosa? You ok?"
Nov 09 23:08:11 <CondorTalon> And there's Rosa, huddled on her bed, lying near a pool of vomit. Her claws are covered in a grey slime, and there's… something in the corner of the room.
Nov 09 23:08:29 <Tom90deg> "Hell…"
Nov 09 23:08:37 <PaulS_laptop> «Jason, you want me to drop it?»
Nov 09 23:08:47 <Nioki> Alanoch stays on deck, keeping the water lighted, watching for anything moving.
Nov 09 23:08:58 <Maddy> Alice moves over to Rosa. "Shit w-what happened?"
Nov 09 23:09:03 <CondorTalon> The something… on closer inspection, appears to be some sort of slug-like creature.
Nov 09 23:09:08 <CondorTalon> It's not moving
Nov 09 23:09:12 <Ragazzo> Lance moves to rosa, eying hte thing in the corner, but is predominately concerned with checking the woman for injuries.
Nov 09 23:09:23 <CondorTalon> "Uuuh… ughhh… uuuuuh…"
Nov 09 23:09:28 <Ragazzo> Which is what he does.
Nov 09 23:09:29 <E4D> «Jesus Christ…»
Nov 09 23:09:35 <E4D> (Open mic.)
Nov 09 23:09:35 <Maddy> Ok then Alice goes off and does something else.
Nov 09 23:09:41 <CondorTalon> She vomits.
Nov 09 23:09:48 <Maddy> Call her if you need her.
Nov 09 23:09:49 <Tom90deg> "What is that thing?"
Nov 09 23:09:59 <Ragazzo> "OH, hell, Alice what are yo-ah. Ok. I could use some help."
Nov 09 23:10:17 <Tom90deg> "I'll help…What should I do?"
Nov 09 23:10:39 <Ragazzo> Lance moves rosa so she vomits safely over the side of the bed, and keeps her airways clear.
Nov 09 23:11:01 <CondorTalon> "H…hhh…"
Nov 09 23:11:03 <Ragazzo> "Get me a first aid kit from medical."
Nov 09 23:11:21 <Ragazzo> He continues to check rosa for injuries, or or other signs of illness.
Nov 09 23:11:22 <E4D> «John, get that thrower down here, and bring something you can spear somethin' with. A cheater bar. Fuckin' hustle. Room Rosa's been stayin' in.»
Nov 09 23:11:25 <Dexanote> Myr walks to the thing.
Nov 09 23:11:27 <Dexanote> 4df+2
Nov 09 23:11:27 <Glacon> Dexanote: 0 (4df+2=+, -, -, -)
Nov 09 23:11:32 <Dexanote> that was Schol: Occult.
Nov 09 23:11:45 <Dexanote> She has a look of mild disgust.
Nov 09 23:11:49 <E4D> "STAY THE FUCK BACK, YOU DUMBASS!"
Nov 09 23:12:04 * Light frowns, and also starts heading down the stairs. «Something I can help with?»
Nov 09 23:12:07 <CondorTalon> Physically, she's fine. However, she appears to be in shock.
Nov 09 23:12:21 <Ragazzo> "Jason, don't burn that. Bag it, so we can get samples, and dissect it. We might need to know if it's got poison, or some shit."
Nov 09 23:12:25 <E4D> «We got somethin' *weird* in the corner.»
Nov 09 23:12:38 <Tom90deg> Zoe runs off, getting a first aid kit and heading back
Nov 09 23:12:45 <Tom90deg> "Here you go Lance."
Nov 09 23:12:51 <Ragazzo> "Thanks…"
Nov 09 23:13:10 <Dexanote> She's like 4 feet away, so we're clear.
Nov 09 23:13:27 <Ragazzo> "But she's ok. Just in shock." He lifts the pale clawed into his arms. "I'm taking her to medical to rest."
Nov 09 23:13:34 <PaulS_laptop> John is still on deck, oblivious to the screaming
Nov 09 23:13:52 <Ragazzo> "Rosalyn? Can you hear me?"
Nov 09 23:14:01 <CondorTalon> "Huuugghhh…"
Nov 09 23:14:03 <Ragazzo> *pale clawed woman
Nov 09 23:14:40 <Ragazzo> "Just try and breathe." Continues lance in soothing tones as he takes the woman to medical. "Everything will be ok."
Nov 09 23:14:48 <Tom90deg> "Right…I'll head back up on deck, keep an eye out."
Nov 09 23:14:55 <Tom90deg> Zoe does so, heading back up to where John is.
Nov 09 23:15:08 <Light> Light arrives and looks into the room. "Was she making that disturbance?"
Nov 09 23:15:43 <E4D> PaulS_laptop: «John, get that thrower down here, and bring something you can spear somethin' with. A cheater bar. Fuckin' hustle. Room Rosa's been stayin' in.»
Nov 09 23:15:50 <E4D> (from before)
Nov 09 23:15:51 <Ragazzo> He gets Rosa into a bed, and begins to take her vitals. After he's done, he reaches for his radio. «Director light, could you take samples of the entity in Rosa's room?»
Nov 09 23:16:13 <Ragazzo> «We might need to know what it's made of, just in case."
Nov 09 23:16:15 <Ragazzo> »
Nov 09 23:16:23 * Laito-Away is now known as Laito
Nov 09 23:16:28 <Light> «Entity?» She look in. «I see.»
Nov 09 23:16:34 <Tom90deg> Zoe is up on deck, keeping an eye out.
Nov 09 23:16:35 <Tom90deg> 4df+2
Nov 09 23:16:36 <Glacon> Tom90deg: 1 (4df+2=0, -, +, -)
Nov 09 23:16:47 * MisterFlames (ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.16251B5-CRInys|malFretsiM#ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.16251B5-CRInys|malFretsiM) has joined #afteraction
Nov 09 23:17:29 <Light> She looks at Jason. "Where did that come from? And, permission?"
Nov 09 23:17:42 <Nioki> 4df+4 Perception. Better eyes.
Nov 09 23:17:42 <Glacon> Nioki: Perception. Better eyes.: 5 (4df+4=+, 0, -, +)
Nov 09 23:17:58 <Nioki> Alanoch looks into the illuminated water, waiting.
Nov 09 23:18:14 <CondorTalon> He sees nothing.
Nov 09 23:18:42 <E4D> "Light… You know… Alice has a chemical suit in her room. I wouldn't advise touchin' that thing unprotected."
Nov 09 23:18:59 <E4D> "Got a few spares we hauled outta the PL vessel."
Nov 09 23:19:18 <Light> "I'd like one." She nods.
Nov 09 23:19:47 * LILAHHARDEES is now known as Adhelami
Nov 09 23:20:24 <Light> "And… a sealing container, and… three garbage bags, to be on the safe side."
Nov 09 23:20:27 <Light> "I can get those, of course."
Nov 09 23:21:18 <Dexanote> Myr watches the thing in the room. she;s about four or so feet away, trying to figure out what the hell.
Nov 09 23:21:21 <E4D> «Alice, can you do me a favor? Bring one of the spare sets of anti-contamination gear?»
Nov 09 23:21:21 <Dexanote> 4df+2 Occult
Nov 09 23:21:21 <Glacon> Dexanote: Occult: 3 (4df+2=0, -, +, +)
Nov 09 23:22:08 <Light> Light runs off to rummage around the galley.
Nov 09 23:22:18 <Light> Then she returns with a tupperwear container and some bags.
Nov 09 23:22:28 <Tom90deg> «All quiet up on deck.»
Nov 09 23:22:54 <Maddy> «Will do.» She shuffles in.
Nov 09 23:23:11 <Maddy> "G-got a delivery.>
Nov 09 23:23:12 <Maddy> "
Nov 09 23:25:31 <Light> "Thank you." Light takes it, and begins putting it on with expert familiarity.
Nov 09 23:26:05 <Ragazzo> Lance quietly sets up Rosa with some mild sedatives, nothing to knock her out, just a mild dose that will keep her calm, and prevent her from panicking when she comes to her senses.
Nov 09 23:26:13 <Ragazzo> He does it through an IV.
Nov 09 23:26:35 <CondorTalon> Okay.
Nov 09 23:27:01 <E4D> Jason's slung his rifle, keeping his handgun sighted in on the slime.
Nov 09 23:27:25 <Tom90deg> Zoe glances over at Alanoch. "See anything?"
Nov 09 23:28:10 <Nioki> "No."
Nov 09 23:28:24 <Nioki> Alanoch just keeps watching the water.
Nov 09 23:28:57 <Light> Finally, she shakes her hands in and tightens a seam. "Just like home. Okay." She walks over and kneels down in front of the thing.
Nov 09 23:29:15 <Light> 4df+ Perception maneuver, she observes it…
Nov 09 23:29:18 <Light> ER
Nov 09 23:29:21 <Light> 4df+4
Nov 09 23:29:21 <Glacon> Light: 2 (4df+4=-, 0, 0, -)
Nov 09 23:29:33 <CondorTalon> It looks like a slug.
Nov 09 23:29:34 <Light> 4df+4 and, biology.
Nov 09 23:29:34 <Glacon> Light: and, biology.: 5 (4df+4=+, 0, -, +)
Nov 09 23:29:39 <Maddy> "Is Rosa ok?"
Nov 09 23:29:55 <Dexanote> 4df+4 Occult, tagging Employee Benefits
Nov 09 23:29:55 <Glacon> Dexanote: Occult, tagging Employee Benefits: 2 (4df+4=+, -, -, -)
Nov 09 23:30:16 <Dexanote> Well, i suppose Myrtle never interacted with any slugthings.
Nov 09 23:31:23 * E4D has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Nov 09 23:31:23 * Notify: E4D is offline (SCP and Related Channels).
Nov 09 23:31:29 <CondorTalon> The creature appears to be a slug-like entity, with grey slime covering it. There appears to be a flexible tube running the length of it's underside, covered by a sheath.
Nov 09 23:31:57 <Light> Is it dead?
Nov 09 23:31:58 * Notify: E4D is online (SCP and Related Channels).
Nov 09 23:32:00 * E4D (PI.B08D965B.17C6AEC6.7D53AD95|tibbiM#PI.B08D965B.17C6AEC6.7D53AD95|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Nov 09 23:32:29 <CondorTalon> Yes. Deep gashes are present on its back.
Nov 09 23:32:36 <E4D> «Alice, bring me my big rifle?»
Nov 09 23:33:06 <Light> "It's dead."
Nov 09 23:33:47 <E4D> "Good. Then we're gonna destroy it."
Nov 09 23:34:04 <Maddy> Alice is still right there.
Nov 09 23:34:29 <Maddy> "Yeah one sec." she runs off, returning quickly.
Nov 09 23:34:49 <Light> "Do you know where it came from?"
Nov 09 23:35:03 <Light> She hovers over it, and pokes it with the edge of a bag.
Nov 09 23:35:15 <E4D> He takes the rifle, passing his other one off, and flicks a switch, igniting the pilot. "Get a fire extinguisher, hun?"
Nov 09 23:35:46 <E4D> "Yeah. Her." He cocks a thumb at Rosa.
Nov 09 23:35:54 <E4D> "Well, hell, I'd *guess*."
Nov 09 23:36:31 <Light> "Mm. Well, go ahead." She gets to her feet and steps away from it.
Nov 09 23:36:32 <E4D> "She's vomiting and retching, and pukin' her asshole out, and this thing's all wet and shit, and it sure as fuck wasn't here before."
Nov 09 23:36:40 <Dexanote> "I don't think she intended to…" She considers for a moment. "Produce this thing."
Nov 09 23:36:51 <E4D> "I wouldn't guess anyone did."
Nov 09 23:36:53 <Maddy> Alice gets a fire putter outer.
Nov 09 23:37:10 <E4D> "Be ready. Right after it gets goin'."
Nov 09 23:37:23 <E4D> Jason fires the thrower, setting it alight.
Nov 09 23:37:26 <Light> "Can't imagine so. It may well be harmless, but I understand the need for caution."
Nov 09 23:38:08 <Maddy> "Right."
Nov 09 23:38:59 <CondorTalon> Who's in the room
Nov 09 23:39:27 <E4D> Jason.
Nov 09 23:39:30 <Light> Light.
Nov 09 23:40:04 <Dexanote> Myrtle.
Nov 09 23:40:04 <Maddy> Alice
Nov 09 23:40:12 <CondorTalon> PhysDef.
Nov 09 23:40:20 <Dexanote> 4df+2 dammit.
Nov 09 23:40:20 <Glacon> Dexanote: dammit.: 2 (4df+2=0, 0, +, -)
Nov 09 23:40:28 <E4D> 4df+5
Nov 09 23:40:28 <Glacon> E4D: 6 (4df+5=+, +, -, 0)
Nov 09 23:40:46 * Photosynthetic_Away is now known as Photosynthetic
Nov 09 23:40:48 <CondorTalon> 4df+6
Nov 09 23:40:48 <Glacon> CondorTalon: 10 (4df+6=+, +, +, +)
Nov 09 23:40:52 * Photosynthetic has quit (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.87 [Firefox 7.0.1/20110928134238])
Nov 09 23:41:14 <CondorTalon> You didn't expect this thing to be flammable.
Nov 09 23:41:15 <Light> 4df+3 fffuu-
Nov 09 23:41:15 <Glacon> Light: fffuu-: 7 (4df+3=+, +, +, +)
Nov 09 23:41:16 <CondorTalon> It was.
Nov 09 23:41:20 <Maddy> 4df+4
Nov 09 23:41:21 <Glacon> Maddy: 4 (4df+4=-, +, -, +)
Nov 09 23:41:52 <CondorTalon> -1 body. Burns.
Nov 09 23:42:01 <Maddy> Fyooooosh, this is why Alice has the extinguisher.
Nov 09 23:42:54 <E4D> Jason's in a flash suit designed for preventing burns from incendiary bombs, so he doesn't give much of a fuck.
Nov 09 23:42:56 <Dexanote> "AGH-" Myr's caught by the blast; her clothes and hair ignite, and she throws herself to the ground. Stop, drop and roll.
Nov 09 23:43:32 <E4D> Carbon dioxide blasts into the compartment.
Nov 09 23:43:47 <Maddy> Alice stops drops and fuck fire hurts.
Nov 09 23:43:48 <Maddy> :<
Nov 09 23:44:05 * Light steps back.
Nov 09 23:44:13 <Dexanote> "WHAT THE HELL, JASON?!"
Nov 09 23:44:36 <Dexanote> Myr pulls herself to her hands and knees.
Nov 09 23:45:27 <E4D> "How the fuck else are you gonna dispose of a biological organism?"
Nov 09 23:45:53 <E4D> The fire's out in a matter of a second or so, because shipboard fire suppression systems.
Nov 09 23:46:07 <Light> Light slaps her shoulder and starts quickly pulling off the synthetic chem suit. "/I/ could have given you some pointers… Not that slugs usually do that…"
Nov 09 23:46:08 <Dexanote> "Can't bring it outside?!"
Nov 09 23:46:36 <Dexanote> "Who the HELL uses a flamethrower inside? in a BEDROOM?"
Nov 09 23:47:00 <Maddy> Alice, charred as she is, hobbles off to her room.
Nov 09 23:47:42 <E4D> "Uh, because it's an incredibly focused one? And we had fire suppression ready, and they're actually safe to use inside?"
Nov 09 23:47:54 <E4D> "Gee, I dunno."
Nov 09 23:47:57 <Dexanote> "Obviously it isn't."
Nov 09 23:48:08 <Dexanote> She picks herself up. "Whatever, forget it."
Nov 09 23:48:13 <Dexanote> Hobble hobble.
Nov 09 23:48:23 <E4D> "Uh, well, most biologicals don't explode."
Nov 09 23:48:43 <Dexanote> "I don't think that eas very biological, coming from the fricking witch-girl-thing."
Nov 09 23:48:53 <Dexanote> "no offense to rosa of course" she mutters
Nov 09 23:49:33 <Dexanote> She winces, and sits. "No apology for fetting me on fire?"
Nov 09 23:50:17 * Light rolls her eyes and leaves the fragments from the chem suit where she was, sniffing and putting her hair out as well. Part of her shoulder is welting up bad, so she grabs her shirt there. "Anything else for now?"
Nov 09 23:50:37 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to MisterFlames
Nov 09 23:51:02 <E4D> "Yeah, sure. Sit tight."
Nov 09 23:51:44 <E4D> «Lance, you around? I need watergel compresses and gauze in forward portside berthing, and a lot of it. Three personnel, second and third degree burns.»
Nov 09 23:51:53 <E4D> *First and second*
Nov 09 23:52:24 <Light> "Myrtle, how are you?" She walks over.
Nov 09 23:52:40 <Dexanote> Glare.
Nov 09 23:52:52 <Dexanote> She's gritting her teeth.
Nov 09 23:53:50 <Light> "How bad? I have medical training."
Nov 09 23:55:08 <Tom90deg> «Oy! What happend down there? Everyone alright? And still nothing up here.»
Nov 09 23:55:35 <Dexanote> "I am burned." She is burned up her leg, side, arm and face. it's pretty damn red.
Nov 09 23:55:49 <E4D> «Tried to burn something Rosa coughed up. Some kinda slug. Specimen displayed highly incendiary characteristics.»
Nov 09 23:56:31 <Tom90deg> «Duly noted.»
Nov 09 23:56:44 <MisterFlames> «Sounds nasty.» Hello, Midnight. «I'm available for more serious injuries, if need be.»
Nov 09 23:57:02 <Dexanote> "And wet." I assume fire suppression means SPRINKLERS
Nov 09 23:57:05 <PaulS_laptop> «Is there any of that thing left? I could sure use some»
Nov 09 23:57:25 <E4D> No, just a rapid blast of CO2 gas.
Nov 09 23:57:29 * Light looks around, then at Myrtle. "Can you walk? I can get you to medical."
Nov 09 23:57:52 <Dexanote> She winces, standing, with effort. "A bit."
Nov 09 23:58:53 * Adhelami is totally resting soundly in her room, completely oblivious to all the trouble.
Nov 09 23:59:05 * Light goes and supports her by means of holding her arm. "Jason, some help?"
Nov 09 23:59:20 <Laito> Artemis is sitting by Adhelami's bed, aware of the trouble but making sure it doesn't spread to the sick girl.
Nov 10 00:00:02 <Dexanote> "No, he doesn't have to help me. Lets just get to medical."
Nov 10 00:01:24 * E4D has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Nov 10 00:01:24 * Notify: E4D is offline (SCP and Related Channels).
Nov 10 00:01:50 * E4D (PI.B08D965B.17C6AEC6.7D53AD95|tibbiM#PI.B08D965B.17C6AEC6.7D53AD95|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Nov 10 00:02:05 <Light> "Of course." Light looks at Jason, then begins escorting her to medical, not making much expression herself, and still holding her shirt over her shoulder with one hand.
Nov 10 00:02:44 <E4D> Jason slips under one shoulder, helping Light with Myrtle.