SUDDENLY Hyenas

Jul 06 23:03:56 <Maddy> SUDDENLY
Jul 06 23:04:03 <Maddy> There a stange sound in the air.
Jul 06 23:04:09 <Maddy> Perception if you wanna
Jul 06 23:04:41 <Ragazzo> 4df+2 I am Arnold and what is this
Jul 06 23:04:41 <CROM> Ragazzo: I am Arnold and what is this: 0 (4df+2=+, -, -, -)
Jul 06 23:04:53 <Ragazzo> Arnold is some where.
Jul 06 23:05:00 <Pemander> 4df+4 I am arianna and I am the goddess of perception
Jul 06 23:05:01 <CROM> Pemander: I am arianna and I am the goddess of perception: 3 (4df+4=+, -, -, 0)
Jul 06 23:05:07 <Pemander> :|
Jul 06 23:05:08 <Maddy> Wow you have no idea what that sound is. Probably just normal night sounds as far as you're concerned Arnold.
Jul 06 23:05:22 <Maddy> Ari thinks it sounds kinfa like a shrill laugh.
Jul 06 23:05:25 <Vorcha> 4df+3 TOTALLY NOT BLIND JESUSBRO
Jul 06 23:05:25 <CROM> Vorcha: TOTALLY NOT BLIND JESUSBRO: 4 (4df+3=-, +, 0, +)
Jul 06 23:05:34 <CondorTalon> 4df+1 Perceps
Jul 06 23:05:35 <CROM> CondorTalon: Perceps: 1 (4df+1=+, 0, 0, -)
Jul 06 23:05:40 <CondorTalon> wauw
Jul 06 23:05:43 <Ragazzo> Arnold continues not panicking.
Jul 06 23:05:47 <Maddy> Jesus bro, is that…is that hyeenas?
Jul 06 23:06:11 <Pemander> "Mm. I heard a laugh."
Jul 06 23:06:24 <Pemander> Arianna gently drops down from on top of the trailer.
Jul 06 23:06:36 <Ragazzo> "Huh?"
Jul 06 23:06:38 <Vorcha> "..I think it sounds like a hyena." He looked at her.
Jul 06 23:06:45 <Ragazzo> Arnold looks over.
Jul 06 23:06:48 <CondorTalon> Alex has just exited his room when he sees Ari drop.
Jul 06 23:06:50 <Ragazzo> Then around.
Jul 06 23:06:54 <CondorTalon> "What's happening now?"
Jul 06 23:07:07 * TroyL has quit (Ping timeout: 180 seconds)
Jul 06 23:07:08 <Maddy> the sound happens again. Yeah that's totaly hyeenas
Jul 06 23:07:15 <Pemander> "…hyenas?"
Jul 06 23:07:26 <Pemander> She frowns. "How do you know what hyenas sound like?'
Jul 06 23:07:28 <CondorTalon> Do we all hear it this time?
Jul 06 23:07:31 <Maddy> Yes
Jul 06 23:07:41 <Ragazzo> "Why are there hyenas in America."
Jul 06 23:07:51 <CondorTalon> "Those sounds like hyenas, yeah."
Jul 06 23:07:56 <Vorcha> "I speak every language, Arianna, I would be ashamed if I wasn't familiar with some animal sounds too."
Jul 06 23:08:21 <Ragazzo> Arnold begins checking his rifle and climbing onto the lav. He goes prone, and tries to be unseen.
Jul 06 23:08:24 <Pemander> "Ooh, okay Mister Cool Guy."
Jul 06 23:08:41 <Maddy> The sound is getting closer.
Jul 06 23:09:14 <CondorTalon> "…Huh."
Jul 06 23:09:22 <Vorcha> "I would like to think my temperature is average."
Jul 06 23:09:41 <Pemander> Arianna rolls her eyes. "New guy, get out your bow and get on top of one of the vehicles."
Jul 06 23:09:49 <Pemander> "In fact, everyone on top of the vehicles."
Jul 06 23:09:57 <Vorcha> "I might be a bit heavy."
Jul 06 23:09:57 <Ragazzo> Arnold scans the surroundings, trying to see where the sound is coming from.
Jul 06 23:10:03 <Pemander> "Come on, let's go, chop chop." She claps and starts climbing up onto the LAV.
Jul 06 23:10:18 <CondorTalon> Alex dashes back into his room, packing his bow and arrows, and his machete just in case.
Jul 06 23:10:23 <Ragazzo> "Hey."
Jul 06 23:10:41 <Pemander> "You're not too heavy for the LAV, Azzy."
Jul 06 23:10:45 <Ragazzo> "Sounds like hyenas. Do you think it's not hyenas?"
Jul 06 23:10:50 <Pemander> "You couldn't even make a dent in this thing."
Jul 06 23:11:00 <Pemander> "No, I'm assuming you guys are right and it's hyenas."
Jul 06 23:11:01 <Maddy> Anyone with perception scores above 2 can seen the eye glow of the anumals.
Jul 06 23:11:05 <CondorTalon> He returns and climbs up.
Jul 06 23:11:07 <Maddy> they're just out of the light.
Jul 06 23:11:09 <Pemander> "And hyenas are not the best climbers."
Jul 06 23:11:11 <Vorcha> Azazel climbs on, sliding his bow off of his shoulder
Jul 06 23:11:26 <Pemander> "So being on top of something big and not easily scaleable sounds like a good idea to me!"
Jul 06 23:11:51 <Ragazzo> Arnold can't see them ;_;
Jul 06 23:12:31 * TroyL (ten.tenreitnorf.nt.lvkc.20rd.141ABAE9-CRInys|LyorT#ten.tenreitnorf.nt.lvkc.20rd.141ABAE9-CRInys|LyorT) has joined #afteraction
Jul 06 23:13:11 <Vorcha> How many pairs of eyes are currently visible
Jul 06 23:13:30 <Maddy> ooks like 13
Jul 06 23:13:45 <Ragazzo> "…where are they?"
Jul 06 23:13:55 <Vorcha> "..That is a lot of eyes.".
Jul 06 23:14:34 <Pemander> Arianna points to the eyes for Arnold.
Jul 06 23:14:37 <CondorTalon> Alex pulls an arrow from his quiver.
Jul 06 23:14:53 <Ragazzo> Arnold peers.
Jul 06 23:14:57 <Maddy> They stop at the edge of where the light reaches, mostly standing their ground, though a few seem to be pacing.
Jul 06 23:15:28 <Ragazzo> "I think this is the part where we get talked at by some…hyena mage."
Jul 06 23:15:37 <Ragazzo> "Or…something."
Jul 06 23:16:19 <Vorcha> "..Would you be required to be a mage to control hyenas? I would think you just need some animal training abilities."
Jul 06 23:16:34 <Pemander> "Hold on."
Jul 06 23:16:41 <Ragazzo> "That's a lot of hyenas."
Jul 06 23:16:44 <Pemander> "I'm gonna toss a knife out there to see if they scatter."
Jul 06 23:16:57 <Pemander> Arianna pulls a throwing knife out of the pouch at her hip and tosses one just a few feet ahead of where the eyes start.
Jul 06 23:17:00 <Pemander> 4df+4
Jul 06 23:17:00 <CROM> Pemander: 5 (4df+4=+, -, +, 0)
Jul 06 23:17:45 <Maddy> It sounds like she hits one, and they yelp and chatter, scattering for a second.
Jul 06 23:18:00 <Maddy> then the feast begins. Sounds like they're eating whatever Ari just killed.
Jul 06 23:18:06 <Maddy> Then they keep watching.
Jul 06 23:18:34 <CondorTalon> "…Cannibalism?"
Jul 06 23:18:35 <Pemander> "…"
Jul 06 23:18:40 <Pemander> "They're animals."
Jul 06 23:18:48 <Ragazzo> "Yep."
Jul 06 23:18:49 <Pemander> "It's not super rare. Plus they must be /really/ hungry."
Jul 06 23:19:01 <Maddy> There's some pretty horrifying bone crunching sounds.
Jul 06 23:19:02 <Ragazzo> "…we could just go."
Jul 06 23:19:23 <Vorcha> "I think moving off of the vehicles at this point may be a bad idea."
Jul 06 23:19:27 <Pemander> "We've got two bows, a bunch of knives and a person that can throw them, and a gun."
Jul 06 23:19:37 <Pemander> "Why don't we just kill them all?" Arianna shrugs.
Jul 06 23:19:46 <Ragazzo> "Fair enough."
Jul 06 23:20:02 <Pemander> "Or…wait."
Jul 06 23:20:06 <Vorcha> "Is it really necessary? It would be a waste."
Jul 06 23:20:07 <Pemander> "Hm. Do we have flares in the LAV?"
Jul 06 23:20:17 <Ragazzo> 4df+2 Arnold takes aim. "Hmm…I think so."
Jul 06 23:20:18 <CROM> Ragazzo: Arnold takes aim. "Hmm…I think so.": 0 (4df+2=0, -, 0, -)
Jul 06 23:20:31 <Ragazzo> A bag hits him in the face.
Jul 06 23:20:45 <Maddy> gj
Jul 06 23:20:48 <Pemander> "Alright. Cover me if they attack."
Jul 06 23:21:01 <Vorcha> Azazel readies an arrow.
Jul 06 23:21:04 <CondorTalon> "Can do," he says, as he nocks his bow
Jul 06 23:21:12 <Pemander> Arianna gets low and drops down the side of the LAV that is facing away from the hyenas.
Jul 06 23:21:16 <Ragazzo> Arnold moves the bag away.
Jul 06 23:21:17 <Pemander> 4df+3 STEALTHILY
Jul 06 23:21:17 <CROM> Pemander: STEALTHILY: 1 (4df+3=-, 0, 0, -)
Jul 06 23:21:38 <Maddy> It works cause they're still feasting
Jul 06 23:21:50 <Maddy> though it sounds like they're running out of pack mate to eat.
Jul 06 23:22:13 <Pemander> She slips into the LAV via the ramp or whatever is open right now and looks around for some flares.
Jul 06 23:22:30 <Maddy> There are flares!
Jul 06 23:22:55 <Pemander> Ari grabs a couple and then heads out and climbs back up to the others.
Jul 06 23:23:13 <Maddy> One by one, the last 12 pairs of eyes look up again
Jul 06 23:23:20 <Maddy> pacing.
Jul 06 23:23:22 <Pemander> "And here we go."
Jul 06 23:23:29 <Pemander> She lights a flare and tosses it toward the pack.
Jul 06 23:23:32 <Pemander> 4df+4 AP for power
Jul 06 23:23:33 <CROM> Pemander: AP for power: 5 (4df+4=0, +, +, -)
Jul 06 23:23:38 <Pemander> That's a 6.
Jul 06 23:23:43 <Ragazzo> Arnold shields his eyes.
Jul 06 23:23:53 <Ragazzo> Doesn't want to be blinded.
Jul 06 23:24:01 <CondorTalon> Ales also does
Jul 06 23:24:03 <CondorTalon> Alex*
Jul 06 23:24:24 <Maddy> Oh man, those things, the short ammount of time they're in the light, do not look so hot. Emaciated, mangy and probably diseased.
Jul 06 23:24:43 <Maddy> the scatter again making their shrill laugh
Jul 06 23:24:51 <CondorTalon> "Well."
Jul 06 23:24:56 <Pemander> "Gross."
Jul 06 23:25:12 <Pemander> "…oh /fuck/!"
Jul 06 23:25:21 <Vorcha> " I would like to withdraw my previous reservations with Arianna's suggestion."
Jul 06 23:25:25 <Pemander> "The kids! They keep the doors of the mall closed, right?"
Jul 06 23:25:25 <Ragazzo> "What?"
Jul 06 23:25:51 <Pemander> "We've got to get over there and make sure everyone's alright."
Jul 06 23:25:51 <Ragazzo> "Should get down there anyway."
Jul 06 23:25:57 <Ragazzo> "Yeah."
Jul 06 23:26:09 <Pemander> "Has anyone given Emma or Snake a radio?"
Jul 06 23:26:21 <Ragazzo> "Not sure…"
Jul 06 23:26:37 <CondorTalon> "Wait what? What's happening now? Kids?"
Jul 06 23:27:03 <Pemander> Arianna turns to Alexander. "There are kids holed up in the mall."
Jul 06 23:27:04 <Maddy> In their impatience, sounds like a pair of the yenas are snaping at eachother. Shit they must have soe powerful jaws fromt hat sound.
Jul 06 23:27:07 <Pemander> "A bunch of them."
Jul 06 23:27:25 <Ragazzo> "Lets take these out first."
Jul 06 23:27:31 <CondorTalon> "What? By themselves?"
Jul 06 23:27:41 <Vorcha> "Would you rather we leave it to children?"
Jul 06 23:27:42 <Pemander> "It's a long story."
Jul 06 23:27:54 <Vorcha> disregard last, misread
Jul 06 23:28:05 <Vorcha> "Agreed."
Jul 06 23:28:07 <CondorTalon> He says, as he releases an arrow in the direction of the sound
Jul 06 23:28:09 <Pemander> "Here's the plan, everyone."
Jul 06 23:28:15 <CondorTalon> 4df+2
Jul 06 23:28:16 <CROM> CondorTalon: 4 (4df+2=+, -, +, +)
Jul 06 23:28:22 <Ragazzo> "Hold on-ok."
Jul 06 23:28:24 <Maddy> FLUMP
Jul 06 23:28:26 <Pemander> "We kill a couple, then slip off the back and make a beeline for the mall."
Jul 06 23:28:37 <Pemander> "They'll eat the downed ones and be distracted."
Jul 06 23:28:38 <Maddy> one drops and the remainging 11 start feasting again
Jul 06 23:28:45 <Pemander> She throws another knife out toward the hyenas.
Jul 06 23:28:47 <Pemander> 4df+4 GO
Jul 06 23:28:48 <CROM> Pemander: GO: 2 (4df+4=-, -, +, -)
Jul 06 23:28:53 <Pemander> :|
Jul 06 23:28:56 <Ragazzo> 4df+2 Arnold tries and drop one
Jul 06 23:28:56 <CROM> Ragazzo: Arnold tries and drop one: 0 (4df+2=0, -, 0, -)
Jul 06 23:29:06 <Vorcha> 4df+4 Arrowbro activate
Jul 06 23:29:06 <CROM> Vorcha: Arrowbro activate: 4 (4df+4=0, 0, -, +)
Jul 06 23:29:18 <Maddy> Sounds like Ari hit one, but hit hard bone and the thing just keeps eating
Jul 06 23:29:25 <Ragazzo> Arnold looks at his gun.
Jul 06 23:29:27 <Maddy> Arnold's shot goes wide
Jul 06 23:29:40 <Ragazzo> He sighs.
Jul 06 23:29:58 <Maddy> Jesusbor downs another and the remainging 10 split and now five are feasting in one place and the other 5 in the other
Jul 06 23:30:46 <Pemander> "Alright, let's go people."
Jul 06 23:30:56 <Pemander> Ari drops off the back of the LAV and starts running for the mall.
Jul 06 23:31:06 <Ragazzo> Arnold drops down from the lav, and follows.
Jul 06 23:31:07 <Pemander> She takes the remaining flare with her but doesn't light it yet.
Jul 06 23:31:49 <Vorcha> Azazel follows behind them.
Jul 06 23:32:19 <CondorTalon> Alex jumps down and follows behind, pulling out his machete.
Jul 06 23:32:20 <Maddy> The crunching and tearing starts to slow, but don't stop yet
Jul 06 23:33:31 <Ragazzo> Arnold runs along.
Jul 06 23:33:41 <CondorTalon> Run run run.
Jul 06 23:33:56 <Maddy> They make it to th road, the mall is across.
Jul 06 23:34:13 <Maddy> However it sounds like the yenas are yiping and laughing again, and again are getting closer.
Jul 06 23:34:28 <Vorcha> 4df+4 Azazel tries to fire at another one
Jul 06 23:34:29 <CROM> Vorcha: Azazel tries to fire at another one: 4 (4df+4=+, -, +, -)
Jul 06 23:34:30 <Ragazzo> Arnold looks both ways even as he doesn't stop moving.
Jul 06 23:34:40 <Ragazzo> He also glances back.
Jul 06 23:34:45 <Pemander> Arianna randomly tosses a knife behind her in a high arc as she runs.
Jul 06 23:34:48 <Maddy> 9 left, but they dont actualy seem liek they wanna eat this one.
Jul 06 23:34:48 <Pemander> 4df+4 another AP for power
Jul 06 23:34:49 <CROM> Pemander: another AP for power: 4 (4df+4=+, -, -, +)
Jul 06 23:34:53 <Pemander> That's a 6.
Jul 06 23:34:56 <Maddy> 8 left, still persuing.
Jul 06 23:35:06 <Pemander> "Damn it, they're not stopping."
Jul 06 23:35:13 <Pemander> She looks at the flare in her left hand.
Jul 06 23:35:25 <Ragazzo> 4rd+2 Arnold fires a few shots why not
Jul 06 23:35:31 <Vorcha> gudjub
Jul 06 23:35:35 <Maddy> lel
Jul 06 23:35:39 <Ragazzo> 4df+2 buh
Jul 06 23:35:39 <CROM> Ragazzo: buh: 0 (4df+2=-, +, -, -)
Jul 06 23:35:45 <CondorTalon> Shit, so much for the machete. He sheathes it, before nocking another arrow and letting it fly.
Jul 06 23:35:46 <Maddy> Man arnie
Jul 06 23:35:47 <CondorTalon> 4df+2
Jul 06 23:35:47 <CROM> CondorTalon: -2 (4df+2=-, -, -, -)
Jul 06 23:35:47 <Pemander> hahaha oh man these rolls
Jul 06 23:35:51 <Pemander> OH GOD
Jul 06 23:35:58 <Vorcha> DON'T HIT AZAZEL
Jul 06 23:35:59 <Maddy> …EVERYONE GOT A D10
Jul 06 23:36:03 <Maddy> *roll
Jul 06 23:36:05 <Maddy> GO
Jul 06 23:36:07 <Vorcha> d10 fucking
Jul 06 23:36:07 <Pemander> 1d10 PLS
Jul 06 23:36:07 <CROM> Vorcha: fucking: 1 (d10=1)
Jul 06 23:36:08 <CROM> Pemander: PLS: 9 (1d10=9)
Jul 06 23:36:12 <CondorTalon> d10 SHIIIIIIIT
Jul 06 23:36:12 <CROM> CondorTalon: SHIIIIIIIT: 2 (d10=2)
Jul 06 23:36:13 <Ragazzo> 1d10 ugh
Jul 06 23:36:13 <CROM> Ragazzo: ugh: 7 (1d10=7)
Jul 06 23:36:29 <Maddy> Azzy, phys def
Jul 06 23:36:34 <Vorcha> no
Jul 06 23:36:36 <Vorcha> -1 ap
Jul 06 23:36:39 <Vorcha> it bounces off of him
Jul 06 23:36:42 <Maddy> Cool
Jul 06 23:37:25 <Pemander> Ari keeps runnan', not even looking surprised that an arrow /bounced/ off of the angel.
Jul 06 23:37:40 <CondorTalon> "Sonuva…"
Jul 06 23:37:47 <Maddy> They get to the mall! The doors are closed as usual.
Jul 06 23:38:08 <Ragazzo> Arnold slings his rifle, and knocks.
Jul 06 23:38:22 <Pemander> "Don't /knock/, you crazy motherfucker."
Jul 06 23:38:29 <Vorcha> "I think this might decrease the distance between us and the hyenas substantially."
Jul 06 23:38:30 <Pemander> She tries to get one of the doors open.
Jul 06 23:38:32 <Maddy> No one answers anyways cause they're on the top floor
Jul 06 23:38:39 <Maddy> It's…locked
Jul 06 23:38:42 <Maddy> how rare
Jul 06 23:38:47 <Pemander> "Aaaaand fuck."
Jul 06 23:38:54 <Ragazzo> "I thought it would be locked."
Jul 06 23:38:57 <CondorTalon> "Shit."
Jul 06 23:38:58 <Ragazzo> "And it is."
Jul 06 23:39:01 <Pemander> "They never lock it."
Jul 06 23:39:06 <Pemander> "Why did they lock it tonight?!"
Jul 06 23:39:13 <Pemander> Arianna pulls on her hair in frustration.
Jul 06 23:39:21 <Ragazzo> 4df+5 Arnold begins picking the lock.
Jul 06 23:39:22 <CROM> Ragazzo: Arnold begins picking the lock.: 8 (4df+5=+, +, 0, +)
Jul 06 23:39:26 <Ragazzo> Trait use.
Jul 06 23:39:37 <Maddy> No dice. There doesnt actually appear to be a lock.
Jul 06 23:39:43 <Maddy> the doors just waint oppening
Jul 06 23:39:48 <Vorcha> Everything's electronic these days
Jul 06 23:39:58 <Pemander> "Azzy, new guy, get ready to start shooting if they get cloes."
Jul 06 23:40:00 <Pemander> Close*
Jul 06 23:40:02 <Ragazzo> "Fucking…"
Jul 06 23:40:10 <Vorcha> Azazel turns around and readies another arrow
Jul 06 23:40:35 <Pemander> "Arnold, break the door if you have to because getting eaten by hyenas is not on my bucket list."
Jul 06 23:40:39 <CondorTalon> Alex nocks an arrow. "Don't fuck up this time…" he mutters to himself.
Jul 06 23:40:46 <Ragazzo> "Yeah fine."
Jul 06 23:40:47 <Maddy> Those things are pretty close it sounds like. You can see the outlines of them this time.
Jul 06 23:40:53 <Vorcha> "Do you want me to try breaking it down?"
Jul 06 23:40:54 <Pemander> "Also everyone look away for a second." She lights the other flare.
Jul 06 23:41:11 <Pemander> "Sure, Azzy. Someone just do /something/." The panic in her voice is palpable.
Jul 06 23:41:14 <CondorTalon> Alex complies.
Jul 06 23:41:16 <Ragazzo> He looks to the side, shielding his eyes.
Jul 06 23:41:24 <Vorcha> 4df+3 Every time I slam myself into a door good things totally happen
Jul 06 23:41:25 <CROM> Vorcha: Every time I slam myself into a door good things totally happen: 2 (4df+3=-, 0, -, +)
Jul 06 23:42:11 <Maddy> The animals back off for a moment, but they're still closer than they were back at the motel. They light of the flare casting grisley shadows on their now bloody, rictus grins.
Jul 06 23:42:32 <Ragazzo> What sort of door is this?
Jul 06 23:42:32 <Pemander> Arianna waves it back and forth in an attempt to scare them. "Back! Back I say!"
Jul 06 23:42:55 <Maddy> the door feels like it bows a little, like it was made from plexi glass, but it doesnt give. It looks like a standard mall door.
Jul 06 23:43:15 <Ragazzo> 4df+2 He goes about breaking in with a reasonable application of bullets and/or other force.
Jul 06 23:43:16 <CROM> Ragazzo: He goes about breaking in with a reasonable application of bullets and/or other force.: 5 (4df+2=0, +, +, +)
Jul 06 23:43:35 <Maddy> The hyenas jump back and forth a little, not wanting to get closer, but their greed is stating to win over their fear.
Jul 06 23:43:42 <Maddy> Force or bullets, chose one
Jul 06 23:43:49 <Ragazzo> Force.
Jul 06 23:43:59 <Vorcha> 4df+4 Another arrow into the grouping
Jul 06 23:43:59 <CROM> Vorcha: Another arrow into the grouping: 3 (4df+4=-, +, 0, -)
Jul 06 23:44:26 <CondorTalon> 4df+2 Don't fuck up?
Jul 06 23:44:26 <CROM> CondorTalon: Don't fuck up?: 3 (4df+2=-, +, 0, +)
Jul 06 23:44:29 <Maddy> The door strains and feels as though someone's trying to hold it shut, but it gives and he falls into the lobby.
Jul 06 23:44:39 <Maddy> 6 left, bot bowmen hit their targets.
Jul 06 23:44:47 <Maddy> (both
Jul 06 23:44:49 <Ragazzo> "Inside."
Jul 06 23:44:57 <Ragazzo> He holds the door.
Jul 06 23:45:07 <Pemander> Arianna waits for everyone else to get inside since she has the flare.
Jul 06 23:45:11 <CondorTalon> Alex backs away, still keeping an eye on the beasts.
Jul 06 23:45:33 <Vorcha> Azazel backs into the building, readying another arrow
Jul 06 23:45:58 <Pemander> She steps backward now, nodding to Arnold as she passes the threshold. "Close it."
Jul 06 23:46:06 <Ragazzo> He shuts it.
Jul 06 23:46:38 <Pemander> Once it's closed, Arianna presses up against it to keep it shut if the hyenas decide to charge.
Jul 06 23:46:48 <Pemander> She tosses the flare a little ways away into the mall.
Jul 06 23:46:51 <Ragazzo> Arnold gets the other side.
Jul 06 23:46:55 <Maddy> There's some shuffling upstairs and the kid's door opens. "What's going on down there?"
Jul 06 23:47:08 <Maddy> It's Snake.
Jul 06 23:47:17 <Ragazzo> "Arianna had a good idea."
Jul 06 23:47:24 <Pemander> "Hey shut up."Jul 06 23:47:25 <Ragazzo> "Everything is fine."
Jul 06 23:47:46 <Vorcha> "We are not being pursued by any pack of animals." He nods
Jul 06 23:47:49 <Maddy> The hyenas are pacing, and chattering, but seem to be defeated by the door.
Jul 06 23:47:58 <Maddy> One of them paws at the door a litte and whines.
Jul 06 23:47:59 <Pemander> Ari lets out a sigh of relief.
Jul 06 23:48:07 <CondorTalon> "There we go."
Jul 06 23:48:20 <Pemander> "Pack of hyenas, kiddo."
Jul 06 23:48:29 <Pemander> "We were worried they might get in here somehow."
Jul 06 23:48:38 <Pemander> "Apparently you had the situation under control."
Jul 06 23:49:13 <Maddy> "Really? In Livingston?"
Jul 06 23:49:26 <Pemander> "Yeeep."
Jul 06 23:49:27 <Ragazzo> "I thought it was weird too."
Jul 06 23:49:39 <Maddy> "Maybe they escaped from the zoo."
Jul 06 23:49:49 <Ragazzo> "They're kind of pushovers. We could kill them I bet.l
Jul 06 23:49:53 <Ragazzo> "
Jul 06 23:50:03 <Vorcha> "We've cut down half of their numbers."
Jul 06 23:50:34 <Maddy> Snake comes down the stairs, the door shutting behind her. "I'm surprised you got int here."
Jul 06 23:51:39 <Vorcha> Azazel looks at Arianna, internally gloating that he did not in fact scare children as was previously speculated
Jul 06 23:51:41 <Ragazzo> "I'm a child at heart."
Jul 06 23:52:13 <Pemander> Arianna looks around for what was blocking the door before.
Jul 06 23:52:21 <Pemander> If there is such an object.
Jul 06 23:52:33 <Vorcha> It's a puddle on the wall
Jul 06 23:52:35 <Vorcha> of formerly child
Jul 06 23:52:47 <Maddy> There is no such object.
Jul 06 23:53:30 <Pemander> "Yeah. We may have broken whatever lock you had on this thing."
Jul 06 23:53:37 <Pemander> "Sorry."
Jul 06 23:53:41 <Ragazzo> Can Arnold hear the hyenas still?
Jul 06 23:53:53 <Maddy> They seem to be dispersing slowly.
Jul 06 23:54:02 <Maddy> Probably going back to eat more of their dead friends.
Jul 06 23:54:17 <Maddy> "The door doen't have a lock. It jsut doesnt open sometimes."
Jul 06 23:54:27 <Ragazzo> "Alright, let's wait a minute, and go kill them."
Jul 06 23:54:36 <Ragazzo> "While they're eating."
Jul 06 23:54:44 <Pemander> Arianna rubs her face. "I have a better idea."
Jul 06 23:54:51 <Pemander> "Let's just stay here until morning."
Jul 06 23:55:13 <Pemander> "Hyenas or no, I don't want to be out in the open at night."
Jul 06 23:55:20 <Vorcha> "Those two plans are not mutually exclusive"
Jul 06 23:55:25 <Ragazzo> "Alright."
Jul 06 23:55:33 <Ragazzo> "You wait in here."
Jul 06 23:56:06 <Ragazzo> "I personally don't want to risk having them around when we leave."
Jul 06 23:56:16 <Pemander> "Whatever, hun. Have fun dying."
Jul 06 23:56:30 <Pemander> She steps away from the door and gestures to it with a grand flourish.
Jul 06 23:56:34 <Ragazzo> "Such sweet parting words."
Jul 06 23:56:46 <Vorcha> "Are you staying with her Alexander?"
Jul 06 23:56:51 <Maddy> «Uh hey guys? Where'd you all go?» says Elle.
Jul 06 23:57:10 <Maddy> «Why is there a flare…and blood, is everyone ok?"
Jul 06 23:57:19 <Ragazzo> He rolls his eyes. <We're at the mall. We raced hyenas here.>
Jul 06 23:57:26 <Vorcha> «Some minor pest problems. We are at the mall.»
Jul 06 23:57:29 <Ragazzo> <Yeah we're fine.>
Jul 06 23:57:30 <Pemander> Ari grabs her radio. «Yeah. Stay inside the motel.»
Jul 06 23:57:37 <Ragazzo> *«»
Jul 06 23:57:37 <Maddy> «Hyenas? Oh ok. Got it.»
Jul 06 23:57:55 <CondorTalon> He shrugs. "I'll stay here."
Jul 06 23:57:59 <Vorcha> «Try not to get the blood in anything, they look diseased.»
Jul 06 23:58:03 <Ragazzo> "Ok."
Jul 06 23:58:12 <Ragazzo> "Ready azazel?"
Jul 06 23:58:19 <Vorcha> "Always."
Jul 06 23:58:30 <Ragazzo> He opens the door. "Go."
Jul 06 23:58:50 <Vorcha> Azazel steps outside, arrow still readied.
Jul 06 23:59:21 <Ragazzo> Arnold follows. "Hold the door ok?"
Jul 06 23:59:21 <Maddy> The animals are nowhere in sight, but you know where abouts to downed the last 2.
Jul 06 23:59:33 <Maddy> "The door wont hold if they come back."
Jul 06 23:59:45 <Vorcha> "We should back track to the most recently killed ones."
Jul 06 23:59:47 <Ragazzo> "Eh…"
Jul 06 23:59:51 <Ragazzo> He peers.
Jul 06 23:59:56 <Ragazzo> And listens.
Jul 07 00:00:00 <Pemander> "I don't understand why you guys want to kill them so desperately."
Jul 07 00:00:07 <Pemander> "At least wait until we can actually /see/."
Jul 07 00:00:09 <Ragazzo> Are they in earshot?
Jul 07 00:00:20 <Ragazzo> "I thought they were closer then this."
Jul 07 00:00:31 <Ragazzo> "Lets forget it till morning."
Jul 07 00:00:33 <Maddy> There's some bon crunching going on,
Jul 07 00:00:42 <Maddy> nomnomnom mmm
Jul 07 00:01:03 <Vorcha> "Are you certain that is the best course of action?"
Jul 07 00:01:29 <Ragazzo> "It's probably fine."
Jul 07 00:01:58 <Vorcha> He nods and returns the arrow to its quiver.
Jul 07 00:02:08 <Ragazzo> Arnold heads inside.
Jul 07 00:02:19 <Vorcha> Azazel follows
Jul 07 00:03:34 <Ragazzo> He glances at arianna. Does she look particularly shaken?
Jul 07 00:03:54 <Maddy> "You guys crashing here? I could get some blankets down here for you.
Jul 07 00:03:56 <Maddy> "
Jul 07 00:04:20 <Ragazzo> "That'd be nice. I'll help if you want."
Jul 07 00:04:28 <Vorcha> "I won't need one."
Jul 07 00:04:41 <Maddy> "That's ok. I wont be long." she disappears upstairs.
Jul 07 00:06:13 <Ragazzo> "Nice girl. Dependable, for her age."
Jul 07 00:06:27 <Pemander> Arianna looks OK.
Jul 07 00:06:28 <Ragazzo> "What was she? Reptile?"
Jul 07 00:07:26 <Ragazzo> Arnold pats himself down. Finds a flask.
Jul 07 00:07:28 <Ragazzo> Sip.
Jul 07 00:07:45 <Ragazzo> Offers everyone it.
Jul 07 00:08:25 <Ragazzo> "It's just water."
Jul 07 00:08:27 <Maddy> She returns with plenty of blankets.
Jul 07 00:10:20 <Ragazzo> Arnold takes some.
Jul 07 00:10:55 <CondorTalon> "Nah, I'm good."
Jul 07 00:11:18 <Maddy> "Hope you dont mind staying down here. Some of the kids are still weird around adults."
Jul 07 00:11:32 <Ragazzo> "It's alright."