Sydney Outskirts: Last Stop for Deus Ex Machina

(10:46:32 PM) Waxx: Okay so before we begin
(10:46:39 PM) Waxx: Give me a quick rundown of your plan
(10:46:57 PM) Tom90deg [~moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.A90C65A3-CRInys|ged09moT#moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.A90C65A3-CRInys|ged09moT] entered the room.
(10:47:13 PM) Mr_Burns [PI.B08D965B.17C6AEC6.7D53AD95|tibbiM#PI.B08D965B.17C6AEC6.7D53AD95|tibbiM] entered the room.
(10:47:22 PM) Waxx: <Waxx> Okay so before we begin
(10:47:22 PM) Waxx: <Waxx> Give me a quick rundown of your plan
(10:47:35 PM) Salmander: get to the shoreline, dive in and swim or wade to the harbor, get out, collect some intel, plant a few charges, maybe fuck some shit up, then get out like our asses were on fire
(10:47:38 PM) Dawny [~ten.sndomt.AE3C0494-CRInys|alliztahc#ten.sndomt.AE3C0494-CRInys|alliztahc] entered the room.
(10:47:44 PM) Tom90deg: YEp
(10:47:47 PM) Tom90deg: pretty much :)
(10:47:51 PM) Gerald: Woo
(10:48:19 PM) Salmander: .y mission impossible theme
(10:48:21 PM) Glacon: Salmander: Mission Impossible Theme(full theme) - length 3m 27s - rated 4.93/5.0 (8240) - 4065880 views - WALES2468 on 2008.08.26 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=XAYhNHhxN0A
(10:49:04 PM) Waxx: Okay
(10:49:11 PM) Waxx: You may start when ready, in the water
(10:49:55 PM) Salmander: Redd slides into the water, holding up hsi shoes and floating across the shoreline towards the sydney harbor. A glove reaches up and becones for Charon and Zoe to follow.
(10:50:03 PM) Tom90deg: Zoe slides through the water, keeping an eye out for anyone on the shoreline.
(10:50:27 PM) Waxx: Roll perception to view shoreline, you get a -1 to the roll due to the fact that you’re in the water
(10:50:36 PM) Salmander: 4df+2
(10:50:36 PM) Glacon: Salmander: 2 (4df+2=+, -, -, +)
(10:50:40 PM) Gerald: Charon actually strides through the water like some kind of stilt bug monster.
(10:50:46 PM) Gerald: 4df-1 Eyes?
(10:50:47 PM) Glacon: Gerald: Eyes?: -3 (4df-1=-, +, -, -)
(10:51:11 PM) Tom90deg: 4df+2
(10:51:12 PM) Glacon: Tom90deg: 1 (4df+2=+, 0, -, -)
(10:51:35 PM) Waxx: It’s black as black. Clouds have rolled in and obscured the moon and the water laps at your face, getting in your eyes. Despite it being relatively warm outside, you feel distinctly chilled the further you slog through the water.
(10:51:44 PM) Waxx: None of you see shit. You can barely make out the shorline at all.
(10:52:13 PM) Salmander: Redd holds up a glove in a "stop" signal.
(10:52:24 PM) Tom90deg: Zoe does so, staying still in the water.
(10:52:41 PM) Gerald: Charon pauses, not getting out either.
(10:53:01 PM) Salmander: He goes a little further out into the water, then continues.
(10:53:20 PM) Gerald: Charon follows, like a damn eel in the water.
(10:53:23 PM) Tom90deg: Zoe keeps on moving, keeing low in the water and watching the shorelin for any figures.
(10:55:30 PM) Waxx: As you get closer and your eyes adapt to these incredibly adverse conditions, you’re able to at least orient yourself to the shoreline. There is the occasional flash of a torch, in the parlance of this place, and sometimes you can hear mumbled voices drifting over the waves towards you.
(10:56:39 PM) Salmander: Redd drifts slightly closer to the shoreline, trying his best to look like a piece of debris.
(10:58:01 PM) Tom90deg: Zoe follows, carefully moving down the storeline
(10:58:05 PM) Gerald: Charon does what he can to drift towards the shore, rather than swim directly and cause a wake or splashing, keeping the very top of his head out of the water.
(10:58:34 PM) Salmander: He lets the waves wash him up on shore, and looks around for any patrols, or how close they are to the harbor.
(10:58:42 PM) Salmander: Still in a mostly collapsed state.
(10:59:31 PM) Gerald: He scans the shoreline. Any idea on where the actual individuals are?
(10:59:53 PM) Tom90deg: Zoe tries to spot where any kind of water fence is.
(11:00:03 PM) Salmander: A glove pops up and motions for Charon and Zoe to get low.
(11:00:09 PM) Waxx: The shoreline isn’t much of one. It’s actually a concrete breakwall with ladders leading up to access the docks. Ships creak and groan at their moorings as the waves lap in and out.
(11:00:37 PM) Waxx: Any movement would be at the top of this breakwall or the docks themselves.
(11:00:56 PM) Tom90deg: Zoe keeps his head down and follows.
(11:01:39 PM) Salmander: Redd slinks over to the docks and climbs halfway up a ladder, popping up his hat to check the docks and general vicinity.
(11:02:09 PM) Tom90deg: Zoe is in the water below Redd, waiting for a signal.
(11:02:49 PM) Gerald: Charon waits about a dozen or so feet from Zoe. There's absolutely nothing breaking the surface except for his nose and top of his head.
(11:03:46 PM) Salmander: 4df+3 perception. Anyone around?
(11:03:47 PM) Glacon: Salmander: perception. Anyone around?: 3 (4df+3=0, 0, -, +)
(11:04:07 PM) Waxx: Redd is able to see that there are about ten or so sentries randomly patrolling about the area, none of them terribly close to them. It seems as if only a few are actually watching the water; most of them seem to be patrolling inland.
(11:04:29 PM) Waxx: They don’t seem terribly alert, idle chatter and banter going on amongst them.
(11:04:50 PM) Salmander: He looks for a ship they could use to get to America on along the harbor.
(11:06:00 PM) Waxx: Any one of them! They are all boats.
(11:06:12 PM) Waxx: Redd would have to roll NAUTICAL KNOWLEDGE to tell which is the one they’re actually planning to use.
(11:06:28 PM) Salmander: Are there any BIG BOATS?
(11:06:34 PM) Waxx: Sure!
(11:06:57 PM) Waxx: Unfortunately it’s the middle of the night with no moonlight. You can’t tell anything about any of them other than that, yes, there are some rather large seafaring vessels here.
(11:07:35 PM) Waxx: Even so, you couldn’t possible hope to hijack one of them right now. It is simply out of the question.
(11:07:41 PM) Salmander: Redd shrugs. One of them's got to work well enough. He gives a thumbs up signal and slinks aboard the docks. A glove soon appears over the docks, beckoning for Charon and Zoe to follow.
(11:08:02 PM) Tom90deg: Zoe follows, staying low to the ground and moveing behind cover.
(11:08:25 PM) Gerald: Charon pulls himself up and moves, keeping low and practically using his hands to pull himself forward.
(11:08:28 PM) Waxx: The docks are what you’d expect of a modern dock area; large, concrete, covered in docking cleats that provide adequate, if not ideal cover.
(11:09:00 PM) Waxx: Nobody seems to have noticed your approach so far.
(11:09:37 PM) Tom90deg: Zoe keeps an eye on the patrolls, and looks for a good path to get away from the docks, maybe inside a building.
(11:09:53 PM) Salmander: Redd takes his first glimpse of sydney, and memorizes the contours of the harbour. He sneaks a bit closer to the shore, ducking behind docking cleats.
(11:10:12 PM) Gerald: Charon looks at the boats. Any of them occupied?
(11:10:28 PM) Waxx: The boats? None of them appear lit. That may or may not indicate occupancy.
(11:10:50 PM) Waxx: The nearest building is a small dockmaster’s shed. With the water out of your face, you can see it is very dimly lit, probably by one or two candles.
(11:11:33 PM) Tom90deg: Zoe looks around for anything like a warehouse, something nice and big and dark.
(11:11:43 PM) Salmander: Redd points to the shed and mimes holding a dangling keychain. He shrugs.
(11:12:17 PM) Waxx: It’s a dock, there are plenty of warehouses, but nothing you can easily access. The dock is large and open for the most part, with only a few cargo containers scattered about to break up line of sight.
(11:12:33 PM) Tom90deg: Zoe cups a ear to her head and points at the shed.
(11:12:52 PM) Gerald: Charon nods.
(11:13:07 PM) Gerald: How far to the dockmaster shed?
(11:13:44 PM) Waxx: Forty yards or so, at the inland end of the dock you’re on.
(11:14:32 PM) Tom90deg: Zoe points to herself, and then at the shed.
(11:15:21 PM) Gerald: Charon starts pulling himself along the ground towards the shed. Anything to hide behind along the way?
(11:15:57 PM) Salmander: Redd spreads his glove fingers and moves his glove outwards, then points at her. He looks back at Charon, and then shakes his hat, pulling his glove across where his neck would be at Zoe.
(11:16:20 PM) Tom90deg: Zoe follows, moveing up and ducking behind a cleat
(11:16:21 PM) Waxx: There are docking cleats spaced at even intervals down the entire length of all the piers.
(11:17:45 PM) Tom90deg: Zoe watches closely, tryint to spot any people in the shed/
(11:17:51 PM) Mr_Burns is now known as E4D
(11:18:06 PM) Waxx: No movement in the shed, but it is most definitely illuminated. Someone is probably in there.
(11:18:22 PM) Salmander: Redd follows after them, stepping silently.
(11:18:29 PM) Gerald: He stops by it, using cleats as cover. Which direction is the door facing?
(11:18:46 PM) Waxx: The door is facing you guys.
(11:18:54 PM) Waxx: IE, facing the water.
(11:19:26 PM) Gerald: He sidles up towards the door, keeping away from what windows there might be. Slow as fuck, puts his ears up to the door. Sounds, vibrations, talking?
(11:19:50 PM) Waxx: There is indeed muffled conversation coming from inside. Two distinct voices, relaxed.
(11:20:39 PM) Gerald: He holds up two fingers towards Zoe and Redd, then moves away from the door.
(11:21:04 PM) Salmander: Redd listens at the door, then turns to Charon. He mimes knocking two things together
(11:21:53 PM) E4D left the room (quit: Ping timeout).
(11:21:57 PM) Tom90deg: Zoe shakes her head, miming takig on a radio, and ponits to the other side of the docks (The land side :) )
(11:22:29 PM) Gerald: Charon mimes them talking, looking for all intensive purposes like a kid playing hand games.
(11:23:28 PM) Salmander: Redd shrugs. He looks over at the land side.
(11:23:49 PM) Tom90deg: Zoe moves away from the shack, mving more inland, keeping to any shadows and looking for guards patroling.
(11:24:06 PM) E4D [PI.B08D965B.17C6AEC6.7D53AD95|tibbiM#PI.B08D965B.17C6AEC6.7D53AD95|tibbiM] entered the room.
(11:24:17 PM) Ragazzo [ten.llebcap.ac2tks.lsd.EEA1F7A9-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.llebcap.ac2tks.lsd.EEA1F7A9-CRInys|tibbiM] entered the room.
(11:24:19 PM) Ragazzo left the room.
(11:24:29 PM) Photosynthetic [~ten.tsewq.siob.3EAAEC3D-CRInys|alliztahc#ten.tsewq.siob.3EAAEC3D-CRInys|alliztahc] entered the room.
(11:25:03 PM) Salmander: Redd follows, watching Zoe's back.
(11:25:15 PM) Gerald: Charon follows behind them.
(11:25:26 PM) Waxx: A whistle blows, without warning. The sentries, rather than shoot anything that moves, grumble, shift their weight around a bit, and wait.
(11:25:47 PM) Tom90deg: Zoe freezes, sliding towards cover and shadow.
(11:25:57 PM) Salmander: Redd also takes cover.
(11:26:01 PM) Gerald: Charon hides behind another cleat.
(11:26:13 PM) Gerald: Funny, he can actually sort of fold up to save room.
(11:26:18 PM) Salmander: He crumples into the shadows.
(11:26:29 PM) Waxx: From the landside warehouse district comes a squad of new sentries, marching in a smart line. They approach the docks, and the original group of sentries shuffle off into the city to their assigned barracks.
(11:26:45 PM) Tom90deg: Zoe checks her watch, noting the time.
(11:26:57 PM) Gerald: Charon takes note o-dammit Tom
(11:27:12 PM) Waxx: A man in black and white plate armor steps in front of them, issues some terse directions, and heads toward the dockmaster’s house. The rank and file spread out and resume the patrol patterns, a little more alert than the last bunch.
(11:27:29 PM) Waxx: If you are near the dockmaster’s house, the officer is now heading towards you.
(11:27:50 PM) Salmander: Redd silently slides into the water, already collapsed.
(11:28:17 PM) Gerald: Charon pulls himself down with Redd, slipping in quickly.
(11:28:51 PM) Waxx: So to make sure I understand this
(11:28:53 PM) Tom90deg: Zoe moves to the edge, lowering herself down, dangleing by her arms
(11:28:59 PM) Waxx: Where is everyone right now
(11:29:15 PM) Salmander: Redd is in the water near the dockmaster's house.
(11:29:29 PM) Tom90deg: you know it's a big drop, right?
(11:29:34 PM) Waxx: He’s a suit
(11:29:39 PM) Gerald: Charon is hanging off the pier near the dockmaster house, watching the man walk.
(11:29:54 PM) Waxx: Okay, so you are hanging over the edge of the water at the innermost part of the pier, I see
(11:29:55 PM) Tom90deg: Zoe is hanging off the dock as well, listening for footsteps
(11:30:39 PM) Waxx: The dockmaster’s door opens, and the officer steps in. There is some muffled chatter, a few bursts of laughter, and the two original occupants leave. The officer now occupies the dockmaster’s shed.
(11:31:06 PM) Tom90deg: Zoe pulls herself up crefully once the footsteps die away.
(11:31:32 PM) Salmander: The hat looks over at Charon. Two gloves pop up and mimic knocking something over the head.
(11:32:02 PM) Tom90deg: Zoe shakes her head and points to the shack, cutting across her neck.
(11:32:03 PM) Waxx: The sentries are methodically sweeping up and down each individual pier, now. Fortunately, they’ve started on the side furthest from you.
(11:32:42 PM) Tom90deg: Zoe spots the movemnt and gestures at the inland walls, making move fast gestures.
(11:33:07 PM) Salmander: Redd floats towards the walls.
(11:33:10 PM) Gerald: Charon grins, looking over towards the dockmaster house. Are there any pillars to the piers?
(11:33:21 PM) Waxx: No, they’re solid concrete.
(11:33:41 PM) Waxx: Blowing up the dock itself would take a lot more explosives than you’re carrying.
(11:34:01 PM) Ragazzo [ten.llebcap.ac2tks.lsd.EEA1F7A9-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.llebcap.ac2tks.lsd.EEA1F7A9-CRInys|tibbiM] entered the room.
(11:34:28 PM) Gerald: The sentries? How long is it taking for them to survey a pier, and how long would it take for them to get where they are?
(11:34:51 PM) Waxx: You have about five minutes before they reach your pier.
(11:34:53 PM) Salmander: Redd reaches upa glove to be pulled up by Zoe or Charon.
(11:35:48 PM) Tom90deg: Zoe moves over and grabs Redd's glove, and points towards the inland warehouses, towards the city
(11:36:25 PM) Salmander: Redd nods, pointing to the charges in his pocket.
(11:36:39 PM) Gerald: Charon nods, pulling himself alongside the suit and teleporter.
(11:36:55 PM) Tom90deg: Zoe moves down the dock as quickly as she can, staying in the shadows, and moveing towards the dark warehouses.
(11:37:16 PM) Salmander: Redd follows her, also staying in the shadows.
(11:37:19 PM) Waxx: At this moment, the dockmaster’s door opens and the officer steps out, a torch in his hand.
(11:37:26 PM) Gerald: How far?
(11:37:45 PM) Waxx: Only a few yards.
(11:38:02 PM) Gerald: 4df+4 Stealth Roll!
(11:38:03 PM) Glacon: Gerald: Stealth Roll!: 1 (4df+4=0, -, -, -)
(11:38:11 PM) Salmander: …
(11:38:13 PM) Gerald: …..tagging for a reroll, sly bastard
(11:38:18 PM) Gerald: 4df+4 Fuck you Glacon
(11:38:19 PM) Glacon: Gerald: Fuck you Glacon: 3 (4df+4=+, -, 0, -)
(11:38:27 PM) Tom90deg: 4df+4
(11:38:27 PM) Glacon: Tom90deg: 6 (4df+4=-, +, +, +)
(11:38:34 PM) Salmander: 4df+4
(11:38:34 PM) Glacon: Salmander: 8 (4df+4=+, +, +, +)
(11:38:40 PM) Salmander: Damn right
(11:38:52 PM) Waxx: The officer squints at something he saw in the darkness. What the hell was that?
(11:39:21 PM) Salmander: Redd pulls Charon against the wall.
(11:39:25 PM) Waxx: Charon is very tall. Thin perhaps, but very tall. It takes the officer a moment to recognize that this is indeed the man they’ve been targeting for the past few weeks.
(11:39:54 PM) Tom90deg: Zoe draws her knife and moves from the shadows, tryingto ge behind the man as fast as she can.
(11:39:59 PM) Salmander: He whispers. "Distract."
(11:39:59 PM) Waxx: Redd pulls Charon aside not a moment too soon. There’s a flash of light and a bullet impacts where Charon’s torso just was.
(11:40:32 PM) Tom90deg: Zoe slides behind and tries to slice his throat.
(11:40:33 PM) Waxx: Heads turn, flashlights cast harsh beams of light in all directions.
(11:40:56 PM) Waxx: There’s a muffled pop and a woosh sound, and then suddenly the entire pier is bathed in flickering red light as the parachute flare goes up.
(11:41:02 PM) Waxx: All three of you, roll defense
(11:41:08 PM) Tom90deg: 4df+4
(11:41:08 PM) Glacon: Tom90deg: 1 (4df+4=0, -, -, -)
(11:41:11 PM) Salmander: 4df+6 collapsing
(11:41:12 PM) Glacon: Salmander: collapsing: 7 (4df+6=-, +, +, 0)
(11:41:15 PM) Gerald: 4df+4 I enjoyed this game guys, fuck thsi shit
(11:41:16 PM) Glacon: Gerald: I enjoyed this game guys, fuck thsi shit: 2 (4df+4=0, -, 0, -)
(11:41:24 PM) Waxx: 4df+3 Gunfire
(11:41:25 PM) Glacon: Waxx: Gunfire: 2 (4df+3=0, 0, 0, -)
(11:41:51 PM) Waxx: From this point on we roll in turns
(11:41:57 PM) Waxx: So kindly wait to roll until I tell you
(11:41:58 PM) Tom90deg: k
(11:42:01 PM) Waxx: Cheerio
(11:43:12 PM) Salmander: 4df+4 Redd attempts to slink away behind a warehouse as Charon distracts the shooters
(11:43:13 PM) Glacon: Salmander: Redd attempts to slink away behind a warehouse as Charon distracts the shooters: 3 (4df+4=0, -, -, +)
(11:43:21 PM) Waxx: Charon takes a grazing hit to the thigh, only a flesh wound but it stings like hell! Zoe takes a similar wound to the upper left arm, no bone contact but it hurts just as badly. Nobody loses any Body points
(11:43:58 PM) Waxx: Sorry Redd, they can see the suit scampering along.
(11:44:04 PM) Waxx: Your turn for actions
(11:44:12 PM) Salmander: "Whelp."
(11:44:34 PM) Salmander: 4df+3 Redd shoots the captain, aiming for the head.
(11:44:35 PM) Glacon: Salmander: Redd shoots the captain, aiming for the head.: 3 (4df+3=-, 0, +, 0)
(11:44:58 PM) Waxx: Everyone can go, by the way
(11:45:02 PM) Tom90deg: Zoe hisses runs, telport dashing towards the dark warehouses, between, in the alleys. (fate point)
(11:46:28 PM) Gerald: Charon pulls himself away, roughly same direction as Zoe. No way he'll be able to take on so many guns.
(11:46:38 PM) Waxx: Rolls, anyone?
(11:46:45 PM) Gerald: 4df+4 Athletics, running with Twisted tag
(11:46:46 PM) Glacon: Gerald: Athletics, running with Twisted tag: 2 (4df+4=0, -, 0, -)
(11:46:52 PM) Tom90deg: 4df+4 Stealth
(11:46:52 PM) Glacon: Tom90deg: Stealth: 1 (4df+4=0, -, -, -)
(11:48:02 PM) Waxx: Zoe’s power lets her dash along the open ground, the flash of movement distracting most of the guards away from Charon and Redd for the briefest of moments. No chance a stealth now, but her sheer speed saves her as a string of bullets stitch the ground behind her.
(11:48:09 PM) Waxx: 4df+3 Officer
(11:48:10 PM) Glacon: Waxx: Officer: 6 (4df+3=0, +, +, +)
(11:48:16 PM) Salmander: fuuu
(11:48:36 PM) Waxx: Redd fires a snap shot at the officer, missing him completely. He finally regains his senses and levels his sidearm to fire again, this time at Redd.
(11:49:00 PM) Waxx: Charon, as he braves the hailstorm of fire that was original intended for Zoe, probably begins to question this course of action.
(11:49:13 PM) Waxx: Redd, defense
(11:49:19 PM) Salmander: 4df+3
(11:49:20 PM) Glacon: Salmander: 6 (4df+3=+, +, +, 0)
(11:49:24 PM) Waxx: 4df+3 Officer
(11:49:25 PM) Glacon: Waxx: Officer: 3 (4df+3=-, +, 0, 0)
(11:49:30 PM) Salmander: Ahahaha
(11:49:59 PM) Waxx: Redd is nothing but a suit. The gun fires, and a bullet rips through the outer edge of Redd’s jacket. A close call indeed!
(11:50:09 PM) Waxx: Your turns, all
(11:51:05 PM) Tom90deg: Zoe quietly moves along between the warehouses, trying to hide.
(11:51:12 PM) Tom90deg: 4df+4 Sneaky!
(11:51:12 PM) Glacon: Tom90deg: Sneaky!: 7 (4df+4=+, 0, +, +)
(11:51:45 PM) Salmander: 4df+4 Athletics, tagging "Clothes Makes the Man." Jumping forward and suffocating the man with wet material.
(11:51:45 PM) Glacon: Salmander: Athletics, tagging "Clothes Makes the Man." Jumping forward and suffocating the man with wet material.: 3 (4df+4=0, -, 0, 0)
(11:51:53 PM) Gerald: "TT.TT"
(11:53:42 PM) Gerald: Charon finds the darkest alleyway he can find along the warehouses, mentally tallying this up with the other stealth missions of his that got fucked up by bad damn luck.
(11:53:55 PM) Gerald: 4df+4 Goddommot, glocon
(11:53:55 PM) Waxx: Rolls?
(11:53:55 PM) Glacon: Gerald: Goddommot, glocon: 5 (4df+4=+, +, 0, -)
(11:54:07 PM) Waxx: What did you roll, geralf
(11:54:16 PM) Gerald: Stealth, sorry
(11:54:28 PM) Waxx: All of your stealth rolls succeed, for about ten seconds.
(11:55:04 PM) Waxx: Zoe makes it into the warehouse she was aiming for, unfortunately at the same time as the prior guard shift makes it there as well. She and Charon are now between two squads of sentries.
(11:55:58 PM) Waxx: Redd throws himself at the armored officer. He steps backwards, rather surprised by this turn of events, before crudely ripping the wet suit from his carbon fiber carapace.
(11:56:07 PM) Waxx: Everyone roll defense
(11:56:13 PM) Gerald: 4df+4 Oh god
(11:56:14 PM) Glacon: Gerald: Oh god: 5 (4df+4=+, -, 0, +)
(11:56:15 PM) Salmander: 4df+3
(11:56:16 PM) Glacon: Salmander: 1 (4df+3=-, -, +, -)
(11:56:54 PM) Tom90deg: 4df+6 Teleport dodge! (Another action)
(11:56:54 PM) Glacon: Tom90deg: Teleport dodge! (Another action): 5 (4df+6=-, -, +, 0)
(11:57:44 PM) Waxx: The officer throws Redd onto the ground and levels his sidearm. The muzzle flashes again, and Redd realizes this was the wrong thing to attempt.
(11:57:45 PM) Waxx: BANG.
(11:57:51 PM) Waxx: Redd loses a body point
(11:58:31 PM) Salmander: "Ah fuck!"
(11:58:38 PM) Waxx: The returning section of guards seems a bit surprised that the intruders are so close to them, and their shots go wild, miraculously missing Charon and Zoe.
(11:58:52 PM) Waxx: More flares fire into the sky, and a distant siren begins to wail.
(11:59:12 PM) Waxx: Your turns, now
(10/11/2011 12:00:06 AM) Tom90deg: Zoe reaches into her satchel and pulls out one of dusty's firebombs. Her teleport dodge left her on the other side of the guards, so she bolts, lighting the bottle and tossing it behind her.
(12:00:21 AM) Waxx: She is running further inland, correct?
(12:00:31 AM) Tom90deg: Yep, away from the port
(12:01:52 AM) Salmander: Redd looks up at the captain, arms a charge, drops it, and jumps into the water.
(12:03:51 AM) Gerald: Charon is looking around while running alongside Zoe. What's the city like near where they are?
(12:04:15 AM) Waxx: You’re in an industrial district. Empty warehouses, large docking cranes, the occasional cargo container.
(12:04:18 AM) Waxx: Things of that nature.
(12:04:27 AM) Salmander: 4df+4 sneak, meld into the water
(12:04:27 AM) Glacon: Salmander: sneak, meld into the water: 7 (4df+4=+, +, 0, +)
(12:05:11 AM) Gerald: How far from the water?
(12:05:34 AM) Waxx: You are mid way between Zoe’s warehouse of death and the water’s edge. Either way is equally accessible and dangerous
(12:08:08 AM) Gerald: One last question, sorry. Are the two squads the only troops in the area at the moment?
(12:08:45 AM) Waxx: At this exact moment, yes
(12:08:59 AM) Waxx: And by area I mean the docks nearest you and Zoe’s warehouse
(12:09:27 AM) Gerald: Water, yeah. The city is swarming with them, and he needs to get out as fast as he can.
(12:09:29 AM) Waxx: It is a small part of a very large, very occupied city
(12:09:38 AM) *Waxx swirls his tumbler glass
(12:09:39 AM) Waxx: Stand by
(12:11:08 AM) Waxx: Zoe flings the bottle behind her and runs like a bat out of hell. It spins and tumbles through the air, slapping a conscript in the face and cracking…just enough to infuse the magically-augmented mixture of fuels with the necessary oxygen to ignite.
(12:11:47 AM) Waxx: The returning squad of sentries is swiftly immolated by the ball of orange flame the spreads from the ignition point of that man’s face.
(12:12:35 AM) Waxx: Redd drops into the water and melts away, the suit man disappearing amongst the waves as the charge drops at the officer’s feet.
(12:13:18 AM) Waxx: Charon, able to see Zoe running for her life, rightfully decides he doesn’t want any of that shit, and doubles back to the water…which happens to be where Redd’s friend and his satchel charge are.
(12:13:35 AM) Waxx: Charon, you can roll athletics to try and dodge away, or Pdef to just shrug that shit right the fuck off like a man
(12:13:48 AM) Gerald: 4df+6 Defense, twisted
(12:13:48 AM) Glacon: Gerald: Defense, twisted: 3 (4df+6=0, -, -, -)
(12:14:19 AM) *
Waxx swirls his glass of scotch
(12:14:22 AM) Waxx: Reroll that
(12:14:31 AM) Gerald: 4df+6 Why god, why me?
(12:14:31 AM) Glacon: Gerald: Why god, why me?: 4 (4df+6=-, 0, 0, -)
(12:14:44 AM) Waxx: The sun comes out.
(12:15:11 AM) Waxx: Charon’s consciousness drifts and swirls in the ether.
(12:15:19 AM) Waxx: Time is meaningless, there is no sound and no feeling.
(12:16:09 AM) Waxx: Memories drift by, memories of long dead men, surgical augmentation, dark nights and dark days all mesh into one unbroken reel of visions.
(12:16:55 AM) Waxx: Finally they stop. Charon is sitting by a poolside, his toes dipping into the water. It’s the first feeling he can sense. The water is cold.
(12:17:08 AM) Waxx: As for Zoe and Redd…
(12:17:23 AM) Gerald: ?
(12:17:24 AM) Waxx: We backtrack a few moments in time, just as the sun is coming out again.
(12:17:50 AM) Waxx: The world lights up in a brilliant flash of yellow and orange, and the sound of the explosion thunders across the open water and through the empty warehouse district.
(12:18:18 AM) Waxx: Debris showers and body parts fly, landing in splashes all around Redd. Something particularly long, wiry, and possibly human lands next to Redd and groans.
(12:18:53 AM) Salmander: Redd reaches over a glove and holds what is presumably the face to his hat.
(12:18:59 AM) Waxx: Zoe, still running -into- the city, is bought enough time by this unexpected happening to make it into cover and concealment.
(12:19:05 AM) Waxx: It is now your turn!
(12:19:34 AM) Salmander: Redd takes out his radio and presses against the pier walls.
(12:19:37 AM) Tom90deg: Zoe is looking around for any large warehouse that might be sutable for hideing.
(12:20:24 AM) Gerald: Charon opens his eyes, I would suppose.
(12:21:02 AM) Waxx: Charon sees a familiar hat. Is it a hat? In his dazed state he can’t be sure.
(12:21:21 AM) Waxx: Someone is taking quite excitedly, or are they? It’s all a blur. And everything hurts.
(12:21:34 AM) Salmander: Redd puts down his radio. "Tallguy. Talk to me bud."
(12:21:49 AM) Gerald: "Aha…suit? Suit, that is you, yes?"
(12:22:08 AM) Salmander: "We're gonna get you home nice and safe, alright?"
(12:22:33 AM) Gerald: "So…so long as you are not the dearest Chainshank greeting me, I am quite confident. Let us move."
(12:22:37 AM) Waxx: Any lesser man would have been obliterated by the blast, and Charon damn near was. But fortunately, Charon is no lesser man. He’s close to unconsciousness and has lost who knows how much blood, and will lose more still if nobody treats him.
(12:23:17 AM) Salmander: Redd drags Charon across the water, hoping the patrol has presumed him dead in the explosion.
(12:25:38 AM) Waxx: Zoe is in a warehouse district! There are plenty of dark, empty warehouses with long shadows for her to hang out in. She finds her concealment with no trouble.
(12:26:12 AM) Waxx: Boots clomp past her and the flames spit shadows of running men across the walls of her new hideout, as the search for her begins.
(12:26:43 AM) Tom90deg: Zoe starts to search for any kind of sewer entrance, hatches anything at all that leads down.
(12:26:49 AM) Waxx: After the detonation of the satchel charge, the dock is a shambles. There are many casualties on the surface, and slowly the screams begin to filter across the open ground as the wounded come to.
(12:27:01 AM) Gerald: Charon does what he can to swim through the water.
(12:27:22 AM) Gerald: "Has dearest Zoe made it with us, or will I be forced to deal with Kay's bullets /yet again/?"
(12:27:39 AM) Salmander: "She is safe. Very sneaky."
(12:27:56 AM) Waxx: Redd’s radio crackles to life. «Redd, stand by.» It’s Strelnikov.
(12:27:59 AM) Gerald: "Quite."
(12:28:31 AM) Salmander: Redd attempts to swim them near the shore. «Will do.»
(12:29:00 AM) Waxx: «Will secure egress point. Be ready.»
(12:29:19 AM) Salmander: «Understood.»
(12:29:52 AM) Salmander: "Hey tall guy, the russkie's comin' to get us. You just stay still, understand?"
(12:30:52 AM) Gerald: "I can understand perfectly, thank you."
(12:31:29 AM) Dexanote left the room (quit: Quit: goodnight).
(12:31:40 AM) Salmander: "You're still a wisse-ass, that's good."
(12:36:04 AM) Gerald: "Where would I be without my charm, dearest Redd?"
(12:36:47 AM) Salmander: "On a tropical paradise, enjoyin' smoothies, and waitin' out the apocalypse with several beautiful women."
(12:37:33 AM) Gerald: "All is well then, I cannot stand smoothies for the life of me."
(12:39:01 AM) Salmander: "God forbid you be forced to drink smoothies."
(12:41:59 AM) E4D left the room (quit: Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client).
(12:44:05 AM) Maddy left the room (quit: Quit: WOOSH).
(12:45:30 AM) Waxx: ON LAST WEEK’S EPISODE
(12:45:48 AM) Waxx: OUR BRAVE HEROES, AFTER A BOTCHED ATTEMPT TO SABOTAGE INSURGENT INSTALLATIONS, ARE FORCED TO FLEE FOR THEIR LIVES!!!!
(12:45:59 AM) Waxx: REDD AND CHARON, BATTERED BUT NOT BEATEN, SWIM FOR THE SHORE
(12:46:12 AM) Waxx: AND ZOE DESPERATELY STEALS THROUGH THE NIGHT IN AN ATTEMPT TO EVADE CAPTURE
(12:46:15 AM) Waxx: WILL THEY MAKE IT?
(12:46:45 AM) Salmander: yes
(12:46:56 AM) Tox: PAY $50 TO FIND OUT
(12:47:00 AM) Tom90deg: .choose yes, no
(12:47:00 AM) Glacon: Tom90deg: yes
(12:47:00 AM) Waxx: Zoe finds her sewer entrance. The lid is shut tight, but with a little leverage she manages to open it enough to squeeze inside…
(12:47:10 AM) Waxx: Redd and Charon are still swimming.
(12:47:34 AM) Waxx: Redd’s radio crackles. «Redd. Make way to your lift off point. I will be waiting.»
(12:47:49 AM) Salmander: «Roger.»
(12:47:58 AM) Tom90deg: Zoe drops down inside, pulling out her tiny flashlight, and looking around the tunnel.
(12:48:13 AM) Tom90deg: She carefully loweres the lid, trying to not make noise.
(12:48:23 AM) Salmander: Redd swims towards the point, dragging Charon with him
(12:48:26 AM) Waxx: It’s a typical service tunnel, a bit cramped but it goes on for a long way. She can still hear the sirens and sounds of vehicles moving above her, searching for her.
(12:48:50 AM) Tom90deg: Zoe looks up and back down the tunnel, thinking
(12:49:07 AM) Waxx: The clouds break, offering Redd a clear view of their jump off point. There is nobody there.
(12:49:18 AM) Waxx: Charon drifts in and out of consciousness, still losing blood.
(12:49:33 AM) Gerald: Charon just follows.
(12:50:02 AM) Tom90deg: Zoe starts to move downstream, carefully moveing down the tunnel, looking for anything
(12:50:32 AM) Gerald: "Heavens, I hope Kay at least is willing to lend a bandage or two."
(12:50:50 AM) Tom90deg: Zoe freezes, trying to think. She's a bit out of her leauge with this. City or water….
(12:51:20 AM) Salmander: Redd drags Charon onto the shore and looks over the body. He ain't no doctor, but he can sure as hell tell this guy needs some medical attention quick.
(12:51:29 AM) Tom90deg: She moves away from the noise, whichever direction that is, away from the sirens.
(12:51:51 AM) Waxx: Zoe: There is a bend in the tunnel at the far end, and you can’t see what’s beyond it.
(12:52:20 AM) Tom90deg: Zoe carefully moves towards the bend, light half covered, listeing carefully.
(12:52:38 AM) Waxx: Redd hears the rustle of bushes behind him, and out step two cloaked figures carrying weapons. “Redd. I see you have made it.” Dmitri draws back the hood of his rain cape.
(12:53:01 AM) Gerald: "Dearest Colonel, I see you are well."
(12:53:20 AM) Salmander: "Tallguy's in serious trouble, Colonel. We gotta get him to the doc, stat."
(12:53:24 AM) Waxx: “…Where is the girl that went with you?”
(12:53:43 AM) Salmander: "She ran into the city. I don't know why."
(12:54:04 AM) Waxx: “She is gone now. Come on, help me carry him.” He points to Charon.
(12:54:34 AM) Salmander: Redd grabs onto one of Charon's arms. Suits don't make strongmen.
(12:54:57 AM) Waxx: Misha sighs and grabs Charon with his good arm.
(12:55:09 AM) Waxx: “We are going to have to be careful. Whatever you fuckink idiots did, they are out in force now, patrolling.”
(12:55:23 AM) Salmander: Redd nods his hat.
(12:56:11 AM) Gerald: "I would put this down to bad luck, dear Strelnikov."
(12:56:30 AM) Waxx: “Just stay quiet.”
(12:57:25 AM) Waxx: We are able to assume that with the powers of GM FIAT, the four of them are able to make it back to base camp safely, albeit with some close calls.
(12:57:41 AM) Salmander: An astounding power indeed
(12:59:04 AM) Waxx: Zoe rounds the corner and…
(12:59:25 AM) Waxx: …is face to face with Staff Sergeant Blevins. Disheveled, filthy and still wearing the same clothes as last time he tried to shoot her.
(12:59:40 AM) Tom90deg: Zoe skitters back. "Wha…."
(12:59:52 AM) Waxx: “HEY.
(12:59:54 AM) Waxx: “IT’S YOU.”
(12:59:55 AM) Waxx: “HEY. YOU.”
(1:00:01 AM) Waxx: Blevins points at her, quite pissed off.
(1:00:09 AM) Waxx: “YOU STUPID SONS OF BITCHES SHOT ME IN THE GOD DAMNED LUNG.”
(1:00:23 AM) Waxx: His voice resonates through the tunnels, echoing back to you.
(1:01:17 AM) Tom90deg: "You…Sir! Um…Attention! You will stand at attention solder!"
(1:01:37 AM) Tom90deg: "I am undercover and behind enemy lines, with Vital information for the war effort!"
(1:01:39 AM) Waxx: “I’m a god damned Staff Sergeant, you don’t order me around.” He squints in the darkness.
(1:02:58 AM) Tom90deg: "What are you looking for sir?"
(1:03:10 AM) Tom90deg: "I am sorry, What are you looking for Staff Sergant?"
(1:03:16 AM) Waxx: “That’s more like it.”
(1:03:21 AM) Waxx: He leans around her, looking down the length of the tunnel.
(1:03:39 AM) Waxx: “I am -looking- for the assholes upstairs who keep walking around all fucking night. You seem to have really stirred them up, now.”
(1:03:55 AM) Tom90deg: "Staff Seargent, I was on reconanse, and was attacked. I need your help, please."
(1:05:21 AM) Waxx: “I was in Vietnam, you know. Spent some time behind enemy lines myself.” He looks her up and down once more, then turns and rummages in a pile of debris, pulling out his M14 battle rifle.
(1:05:46 AM) Tom90deg: "Then you are the one who can best help me. Should I radio base, tell them I'm alive?"
(1:06:13 AM) Waxx: “Through these tunnels? Hell no, it’ll never work. Follow me.”
(1:06:21 AM) Tom90deg: "YEs Staff Sargent."
(1:06:29 AM) Tom90deg: Zoe does so, following Blevens.
(1:06:40 AM) Waxx: There’s a loud noise from down the tunnel, where she originally came from, as the manhole is peeled back and scouts begin dropping in.
(1:06:55 AM) Waxx: Blevins hisses, “Shit, on me. Stay low, stay quiet.” He darts off deeper into the warren of tunnels.
(1:07:08 AM) Tom90deg: Zoe does so, sticking close to Blevens
(1:10:33 AM) Waxx: Blevins ducks into a small alcove and pulls her in with him. He whispers, “Can you fight?”
(1:10:45 AM) Tom90deg: "A little. I have explosives, if that helps…"
(1:10:54 AM) Tom90deg: "Satchel charges."
(1:12:01 AM) Waxx: “Not in here. Stay down and let me do this.”
(1:12:25 AM) Waxx: There is the splash of boots through murky sewer water as the pursuers approach. Blevins tenses, and shoots a look at her, willing her to be silent.
(1:12:41 AM) Tom90deg: "Yes Staff Sargent. I'll stand by to assist."
(1:12:54 AM) Tom90deg: Zoe draws out her knife and croutches back, waiting.
(1:13:56 AM) Waxx: There is the first sight of them as they step in front of you, unaware you’re there.
(1:14:17 AM) Waxx: Blevins lances out with his bayonet, spearing one of them square in the side of the neck. Blood sprays, glinting in what little light is available.
(1:14:20 AM) Waxx: Zoe, your turn
(1:14:52 AM) Tom90deg: Zoe moves forward in the cramped tunnel, stabbing at the other one.
(1:14:53 AM) Tom90deg: 4df+2
(1:14:54 AM) Glacon: Tom90deg: -2 (4df+2=-, -, -, -)
(1:16:51 AM) Waxx: Zoe reaches out and misses completely, tripping over the foot of one of her assailants and landing in the dank water.
(1:17:11 AM) Tom90deg: Zoe spits, the water dreching her.
(1:17:26 AM) Waxx: Boots step on her, kick her, as a maelstrom of close combat fighting erupts above her.
(1:17:41 AM) Tom90deg: Zoe curls up, trying to protect herself
(1:18:02 AM) Waxx: The water splashes in her eyes and mouth, and by the time she manages to struggle to her feet, it is over. Blevins stands, bleeding profusely, glasses broken…but they are the only ones standing.
(1:18:26 AM) Tom90deg: "Wow Staff Sargent…"
(1:18:43 AM) Tom90deg: "You'll have to teach me to fight when we get out of here."
(1:19:30 AM) Tom90deg: "Are you alright? I could try to bandage you up…"
(1:19:55 AM) Waxx: “No, I’m done for. I can’t go too much longer like this.” Blevins coughs, blood spurting from his mouth.
(1:20:17 AM) Waxx: “..Come on…it’s a little farther. We have to go, before they figure out these ones are dead.” He picks up his weapon and sluggishly moves further into the tunnel.
(1:20:19 AM) Tom90deg: "No sir, you need to get back, Alice and Jason, remember them?"
(1:20:22 AM) Ragazzo left the room (quit: Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client).
(1:20:25 AM) Tom90deg: "LEt me help you…"
(1:20:36 AM) Tom90deg: Zoe tries to assist him in moving down the tunnel.
(1:20:38 AM) Waxx: “There…there’s no time.” He coughs again. “Come with me if you want to live.”
(1:21:39 AM) Tom90deg: Zoe does so, trying to help him as best she can.
(1:23:25 AM) Tom90deg: "Come on, you can make it Staff Sargent."
(1:25:18 AM) Waxx: Blevins staggers, and finally falls into the water, coughing.
(1:25:34 AM) Tom90deg: Zoe struggles to lift him to his feet. "Come on, don't leave me here…"
(1:25:36 AM) Waxx: There are lights behind you, as more of the insurgent patrolmen search the tunnels.
(1:26:00 AM) Waxx: He points forward. “You…you’re almost there….don’t stop…go, get out of here.” He cradles his M14 and shifts to face the oncoming search party.
(1:26:48 AM) Tom90deg: "Sir…Here." Zoe pulls out one of the satchel charges. "Take the bastards out Sir. I'll tell them what you did, and I won't ever forget."
(1:26:58 AM) Tom90deg: She hands it to him and goes down the tunnel.
(1:27:17 AM) Waxx: Blevins nods. As she walks away, she can hear the gunshots as Blevins’ last battle starts.
(1:27:54 AM) Waxx: It lasts for a few minutes, ringing up and down the tunnels, and finally, the rumbles of the satchel detonation. Then only the sirens are left.
(1:28:43 AM) Waxx: Ahead of her, the tunnel comes to an end, a ladder leading up.
(1:28:55 AM) Tom90deg: Zoe looks for what Blevens was leading her towards, and starts to crawl up the ladder.
(1:30:06 AM) Tom90deg: She listens at the top of the ladder
(1:32:08 AM) Waxx: There is definitely some sort of activity above her…but the sounds of further searching down the tunnel also floats towards her as well.
(1:32:25 AM) Photosynthetic left the room (quit: Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.87 [Firefox 6.0/20110811165603]).
(1:32:41 AM) Tom90deg: Zoe takes a deep breah and slowly lifts up the cover, peeking out
(1:33:41 AM) Waxx: Harsh light punches at her eyes, and hands grab her, forcibly pulling her up into the open.
(1:33:55 AM) Waxx: …She is surrounded by armor-clad men, all in the black and white livery of the Chaos Insurgency.
(1:34:21 AM) Tom90deg: Zoe looks around, seeing if there's anything around, a door or a wall or window
(1:34:51 AM) Waxx: There are plenty, and there’s also a rifle butt.
(1:34:57 AM) Tom90deg: (To Midnight) ~This is the Doctor calling from the Tardis.~
(1:35:00 AM) Waxx: Roll Defense!
(1:35:01 AM) Gerald_ [~PI.06250957.C3AC2A01.2C57C08|alliztahc#PI.06250957.C3AC2A01.2C57C08|alliztahc] entered the room.
(1:35:07 AM) Tom90deg: 4df+4
(1:35:08 AM) Glacon: Tom90deg: 2 (4df+4=-, +, -, -)
(1:36:25 AM) Waxx: WHAM.
(1:36:51 AM) Waxx: If she had known how Charon felt earlier, she’d find it interesting how similar their experiences are.
(1:37:07 AM) Waxx: When you get down to it, the feeling of a rifle butt to the face or a satchel detonation really aren’t that different once you’re unconscious.
(1:37:46 AM) Waxx: They drag her through the streets, kicking her body as they take her….somewhere. It’s enough of a struggle to stay awake, let alone figure out where she is.
(1:38:03 AM) Tom90deg: Zoe tries to find out where she is, if there's a chance of escape
(1:38:15 AM) Waxx: Time passes. It could be hours, it could be days.
(1:38:29 AM) Waxx: She finally comes to, stripped of equipment, tied to a chair in a dark room.
(1:38:44 AM) Waxx: There is only the sound of a dead city.
(1:39:20 AM) Tom90deg: Zoe blinks, looking around. ~Midnight…can you hear me….~
(1:39:35 AM) Gerald left the room (quit: Ping timeout).
(1:39:47 AM) Gerald_ is now known as Gerald
(1:41:39 AM) MisterFlames [~ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.16251B5-CRInys|SD#ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.16251B5-CRInys|SD] entered the room.
(1:41:39 AM) mode (+o MisterFlames) by ChanServ
(1:42:10 AM) MisterFlames: Midnight is quietly prowling around, keeping some distance from the camp at the moment.
(1:42:25 AM) Tom90deg: ~Midnight….~
(1:43:07 AM) MisterFlames: ~Zoe?~ Midnight sends in reply, looking around.
(1:43:28 AM) Tom90deg: ~I'm alive….Don't know how long I cna talk. Don't know where I am, but I'm alive~
(1:43:51 AM) Tom90deg: ~They took my sword Midnight….~
(1:44:17 AM) Waxx: The door opens. Two men step in.
(1:44:25 AM) Tom90deg: Zoe looks up blinking.
(1:45:00 AM) MisterFlames: ~On my way.~
(1:45:10 AM) Waxx: The door closes, and they stand there looking at her.
(1:45:18 AM) Waxx: “Tell us your name.”
(1:45:25 AM) Tom90deg: "The Doctor."
(1:45:32 AM) MisterFlames: 4df+4 Midnight focuses her mind on this.
(1:45:32 AM) Glacon: MisterFlames: Midnight focuses her mind on this.: 1 (4df+4=-, 0, -, -)
(1:46:05 AM) Waxx: Zoe is in Syndey. The center of Sydney.
(1:46:17 AM) MisterFlames: 4df+4 The maneuver failed, but the spell may not. Midnight tries to locate Zoe more closely.
(1:46:17 AM) Glacon: MisterFlames: The maneuver failed, but the spell may not. Midnight tries to locate Zoe more closely.: 5 (4df+4=0, -, +, +)
(1:46:35 AM) Waxx: Midnight is able to tell that Zoe is very close to the presence that assaulted her earlier today.
(1:46:54 AM) Waxx: Zoe receives a slap on the face for her insolence.
(1:46:58 AM) Waxx: “I said, tell us your name. It’s a simple question.”
(1:48:56 AM) Tom90deg: "I am the shadow. I am the dark wind, the breeze through the room. I am El-ahrairah, the roadrunner. I am the Gingerbread man."
(1:49:30 AM) Waxx: A pause.
(1:49:36 AM) Tom90deg: Zoe looks around the room, is the door closed, are the men unarmed?
(1:49:37 AM) MisterFlames: Midnight starts to head toward Sydney. This is not going to be easy. Fortunately, she's a cat.
(1:49:42 AM) Waxx: “I am going to cut your fingers off one by one unless you give me an honest answer.”
(1:49:55 AM) Waxx: The door is closed, the men are seemingly unarmed, and she is tied securely to a chair, unable to move.
(1:51:11 AM) Tom90deg: Zoe looks up at him. "My name is Zoe. Shall I escape?"
(1:51:30 AM) Waxx: Questioner smiles. The other does not.
(1:52:20 AM) Waxx: “That’s a start. Now, why don’t w-…” Questioner is cut off by the other one.
(1:52:24 AM) Waxx: “Tell me where they are.”
(1:52:36 AM) Tom90deg: "Who?"
(1:52:44 AM) Waxx: “Your….comrades. The others.”
(1:53:02 AM) Tom90deg: Did Zoe see outside the door when they opened it?"
(1:53:23 AM) Tom90deg: "May I ask you a question first? A trade, question for a question."
(1:53:27 AM) Flames [~ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.16251B5-CRInys|SD#ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.16251B5-CRInys|SD] entered the room.
(1:53:27 AM) mode (+o Flames) by ChanServ
(1:53:39 AM) Waxx: There was nothing to see but a hallway. Completely nondescript. She has no idea where she is.
(1:53:43 AM) Tom90deg: "I am tied up, helpless. Surely you would not begruge a good english girl a question."
(1:53:56 AM) Tom90deg: How far away is the door?
(1:54:07 AM) Waxx: The door is across the room and locked.
(1:54:11 AM) Waxx: No telling where it goes.
(1:54:23 AM) Waxx: The Other smiles now. “Go on.”
(1:54:24 AM) MisterFlames left the room (quit: Ping timeout).
(1:55:15 AM) Tom90deg: "When I escape, are there guards outside of that door?"
(1:55:46 AM) Waxx: Still smiling. “Why don’t you tell me?” His accent is not Australian. If you had to guess, it’d be German.
(1:56:54 AM) Tom90deg: Zoe smiles. "I didn't see any."
(1:57:24 AM) Waxx: “Tell me what I want to know, and there won’t be any. You can even have your sword back.”
(1:57:47 AM) Tom90deg: "They're dead. Some kind of Iffirt took them. See? He marked me…"
(1:58:05 AM) Waxx: “That is not what my people tell me.”
(1:58:06 AM) Tom90deg: Zoe nods down at her arms, the white alabaster tendrils going up her arms
(1:58:15 AM) Waxx: “That is not what my man at the -docks- tells me.”
(1:58:21 AM) Waxx: “And that is not what I believe, at all.”
(1:58:36 AM) Tom90deg: "Those two? They're dead. You heard that explosion, right?"
(1:58:43 AM) Tom90deg: 4df+3 persusasion
(1:58:44 AM) Glacon: Tom90deg: persusasion: 3 (4df+3=+, +, -, -)
(1:59:08 AM) Waxx: “I felt it in my car.” He waves his hand. “I am not so concerned about those two anymore. I know there are more, and I know you are camped somewhere outside of this city. You want to get in.”
(1:59:58 AM) Tom90deg: "I wnat to leave. Have you seen te hellflies? I saw the King and the Queen…huge they were, flying on a massive…thing made of carapise."
(2:00:28 AM) Waxx: He pauses for a moment.
(2:00:39 AM) Waxx: “And leave you will, if only you help me. I do not want to have my man here chop your fingers off.”
(2:00:49 AM) Tom90deg: "I just wnat to get off this prison island before they swarm over everything."
(2:00:51 AM) Waxx: “But that would not be the worst thing I could do to you, no.”
(2:01:15 AM) Tom90deg: "I'm sure."
(2:01:36 AM) Waxx: The Other walks around her in a circle, Questioner remains where he is.
(2:01:39 AM) Tom90deg: ~Midnight, can you hear me?~
(2:02:03 AM) Waxx: “I am the commander of this garrison. I have many tools at my disposal. Tell me, have you any experience with users of psychic powers, Zoe?”
(2:02:17 AM) Tom90deg: "I don't know where they would be. BEst I could do is tell you where they were."
(2:02:20 AM) Flames: ~Yes, I can.~
(2:02:37 AM) Tom90deg: "No, I don't have any experience with people who can use psychic powers."
(2:02:52 AM) Tom90deg: ~They want to know where everyone is.~
(2:03:13 AM) Flames: ~Of course.~
(2:03:30 AM) Tom90deg: ~What should I do? They're threatening to cut off fingers~
(2:03:46 AM) Waxx: He slaps her on the back of the head. “Answer me.”
(2:03:57 AM) Waxx: “And stop talking to that stupid cat, it can’t save you now.”
(2:04:08 AM) Tom90deg: "I don't know where they are now. They move all the time."
(2:04:19 AM) Waxx: Questioner cracks his knuckles.
(2:04:45 AM) Waxx: The Other leans in close to her ear, speaking softly. “I see, they move all the time. And where were they last time, before you left this very evening?”
(2:05:35 AM) Tom90deg: "I told you. Ifrit. Burned up some of our group, wanted some kinda…"
(2:05:42 AM) Tom90deg: "Offering."
(2:05:58 AM) Waxx: The Other shakes his head, then looks at Questioner.
(2:06:12 AM) Waxx: “…Bring him here.” Questioner nods a little nervously, then disappears through the door.
(2:06:14 AM) Tom90deg: ~Not sure if he can hear me, but he knows I'm talking.~
(2:06:38 AM) Waxx: “You know, I admire your tenacity. You’ve put up a good fight, killed some of my men.”
(2:06:39 AM) Tom90deg: Zoe looks out the doorway
(2:07:00 AM) Tom90deg: "I've never killed anyone. Save a wolf spirit. And a undead pirate."
(2:07:18 AM) Gerald left the room (quit: Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.87 [Firefox 7.0.1/20110928134238]).
(2:07:41 AM) Waxx: Some minutes pass. The Other busies himself by running his fingers through her hair idly, as they wait.
(2:08:07 AM) Tom90deg: "So…"
(2:09:20 AM) Tom90deg: "What's through that door?"
(2:09:27 AM) Waxx: “The hallway.”
(2:09:50 AM) Tom90deg: "Lots of guards, I guess?"
(2:09:53 AM) Waxx: As if on cue, the door opens and a chained, shackled man is pushed in.
(2:10:00 AM) Flames: ~The one time I could use Gally to devour everyone in the area, and he's fucked off in the Library,~ Midnight thinks to herself.
(2:10:23 AM) Tom90deg: ~I'll try to delay as long as I can…Someone's here.~
(2:10:55 AM) Waxx: The man is skeletal thin, emaciated and bruised all over. The shackles have worn down his skin, and blood seeps through them.
(2:11:06 AM) Waxx: Zoe, mental defense
(2:11:42 AM) Tom90deg: 4df+2 Mental break
(2:11:43 AM) Glacon: Tom90deg: Mental break: -2 (4df+2=-, -, -, -)
(2:11:49 AM) Waxx: The world goes black.
(2:12:25 AM) Waxx: Thoughts, memories, secrets are ripped from your mind as the skeletal man probes your mind with his own potent psychic powers.
(2:13:26 AM) Tom90deg: Zoe lets out a scream.
(2:13:51 AM) Tom90deg: ~MIDNIGHT!~
(2:14:08 AM) Waxx: And suddenly, the world is white.
(2:14:19 AM) Waxx: The room is gone. The men are gone. The pain in your head is gone.
(2:14:29 AM) Tom90deg: Zoe blinks.
(2:14:57 AM) Waxx: You are being…carried. Carried, through a place that in your dim level of consciousness can only be described as…light.
(2:15:12 AM) Tom90deg: Zoe turns hre head, tryingto focus her eyes.
(2:15:19 AM) Tom90deg: ~…midnight…~
(2:15:26 AM) Waxx: “Stop that.”
(2:15:28 AM) Waxx: A new voice.
(2:15:49 AM) Tom90deg: ~Ana…~
(2:16:01 AM) Waxx: “I said cut that out.”
(2:16:18 AM) Waxx: “I’m not going to hurt you. You owe me a favor, if anything.”
(2:16:21 AM) Tom90deg: "Ana…help…"
(2:16:27 AM) Waxx: “…A lot of people owe me favors for this, actually.”
(2:16:29 AM) Tom90deg: "Who are you…."
(2:16:45 AM) Waxx: He keeps carrying you through the light. “Don’t worry about it, kid.”
(2:17:00 AM) Tom90deg: "it hurts"
(2:17:15 AM) Waxx: “I know it does. We’re almost there, just stay quiet. Conserve your strength.”
(2:17:45 AM) Tom90deg: "Tell dusty I'm sorry."
(2:17:59 AM) Waxx: “Shh. Hang in there.”
(2:18:08 AM) Tom90deg: Zoe rolls her head, trying to focus.
(2:18:56 AM) Waxx: Now, we move to #afteraction.