T'sa, The Great Maw

Oct 19 13:22:51 <SpaceMao|work> Nick takes another drag, staring off into space. ~Thanks Ghost, I'll let you know when I get around to the experiment. I think if it works Ciel'll be thrilled.~
Oct 19 13:23:12 <Ragazzo> Dusty is sitting atop the stryker, enjoying a bottle of water.
Oct 19 13:23:45 <Sabitsuki> perception
Oct 19 13:23:49 <Sabitsuki> @ everyone
Oct 19 13:23:53 <Sabitsuki> outside.
Oct 19 13:24:03 <Ragazzo> 4df Bwuh
Oct 19 13:24:03 <Glacon> Ragazzo: Bwuh: 2 (4df=+, -, +, +)
Oct 19 13:24:51 <Dawny> 4df+2 What's over there?
Oct 19 13:24:51 <Glacon> Dawny: What's over there?: 2 (4df+2=0, -, +, 0)
Oct 19 13:24:54 <SpaceMao|work> 4df+3 What the shit
Oct 19 13:24:55 <Glacon> SpaceMao|work: What the shit: 3 (4df+3=-, +, 0, 0)
Oct 19 13:25:34 <Maddy> 4df+3 Alice is patroling the grounds
Oct 19 13:25:35 <Glacon> Maddy: Alice is patroling the grounds: 3 (4df+3=0, -, +, 0)
Oct 19 13:28:43 <Sabitsuki> Somethin' smells like shit, alright. Like something died.
Oct 19 13:29:33 <Ragazzo> "Ugh…" Dusty peers around, pressing a sleeve to his nose.
Oct 19 13:30:01 <Dawny> Kay looks around, the smell of death doesn't really bother her as much anymore.
Oct 19 13:30:50 <Soulless> 4DF+2 PERCIEVIN
Oct 19 13:31:01 <Soulless> refact
Oct 19 13:31:18 <Soulless> Alicel can't smell, lucky him.
Oct 19 13:31:40 <SpaceMao|work> Nick sniffs the air. "What the hell is that?"
Oct 19 13:32:04 <Ragazzo> Dusty struggles down from the stryker.
Oct 19 13:32:11 <Ragazzo> He looks around.
Oct 19 13:32:12 <Soulless> "What is it, Nick?"
Oct 19 13:32:23 <Maddy> Alice has her helmet on, she doesn't immideately notice it.
Oct 19 13:32:38 <Maddy> «Anyone else smelling s-something kinda off?»
Oct 19 13:32:47 <Ragazzo> «Yep.»
Oct 19 13:33:02 <Soulless> Thankfully, Alicel can't smell. Go robot.
Oct 19 13:33:32 <Dawny> «Death»
Oct 19 13:33:45 <Ragazzo> «Something died, at least.»
Oct 19 13:33:48 <Maddy> «Someone want to come w-with me to check it out?»
Oct 19 13:33:57 <Ragazzo> «I'll go.»
Oct 19 13:34:10 <Dawny> «Copy, where are we meeting?»
Oct 19 13:34:58 <SpaceMao|work> «I'll tag along.»
Oct 19 13:35:18 <Dawny> Kay rolls her eyes and heads toward the vehicles.
Oct 19 13:35:30 <Ragazzo> Dusty's already by the vehicles.
Oct 19 13:36:00 <SpaceMao|work> Nick heads over.
Oct 19 13:40:41 <Maddy> Alice makes her way to the vehicles. <Alright, you g-guys got enviromental g-gear? c-can't be too careful.>
Oct 19 13:41:20 * Rights has quit (Quit: Leaving.)
Oct 19 13:41:36 <SpaceMao|work> "I don't… you want me to grab a weapon too?"
Oct 19 13:42:14 <Soulless> Alicel follows Nick.
Oct 19 13:42:15 <Dawny> "Or, you could just keep it on you Rosenthal" Kay pats the butt-stock to her rifle.
Oct 19 13:43:04 <Maddy> <Standby.> Alice digs out the bunch of Vance's old stuff they had packed away. <Here. You c-can have this. Jason w-was going to g-give it to you anyways.>
Oct 19 13:43:25 <SpaceMao|work> "While I understand that, I've been trying to avoid that due to not wanting to give people MORE of a reason not to trust me. If that's acceptable I'll begin that practice.
Oct 19 13:43:27 <SpaceMao|work> "
Oct 19 13:44:24 <Ragazzo> Dusty pulls on one of the masks he uses while sciencing.
Oct 19 13:44:28 <Dawny> "Do you not see how everyone else has a weapon on them?"
Oct 19 13:44:31 <Maddy> <Well, t-trust will come in t-time, Nick. Suit up and w-we'll go.>
Oct 19 13:44:58 <Ragazzo> "Jeez Kay bit confrontational don't you think?"
Oct 19 13:45:11 <SpaceMao|work> "I'll be back in a flash."
Oct 19 13:45:23 <Dawny> "Jeez Dusty, ten whole minutes without starting a fire, a record."
Oct 19 13:45:25 <Maddy> Alice nods, rechecking her weapons.
Oct 19 13:45:59 <Ragazzo> Dusty flips off Kay. Yawns.
Oct 19 13:46:07 <SpaceMao|work> He runs back to the cabin, suits up, and grabs the SCAR, the Glock, some mags for both, and heads back.
Oct 19 13:46:26 <Dawny> "How original" Kay rolls her eyes and checks her medkits.
Oct 19 13:47:11 <Maddy> <We ready?>
Oct 19 13:47:37 <Dawny> "Ready"
Oct 19 13:47:46 <SpaceMao|work> "As I'll ever be."
Oct 19 13:47:57 <Ragazzo> "What he said."
Oct 19 13:48:40 <Maddy> <Here, Dusty. I w-want this back.> She hands him her pistol.
Oct 19 13:48:49 <Ragazzo> "Sure thing."
Oct 19 13:48:56 <PaulS_laptop> John comes walking in, having overheard the radio chatter. PDW in hand. "Yo."
Oct 19 13:49:14 <Dawny> "Is that loaded John?"
Oct 19 13:49:30 * Laito (~moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.5D68B3DB-CRInys|sirhc#moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.5D68B3DB-CRInys|sirhc) has joined #afteraction
Oct 19 13:49:35 <Maddy> <Lotta history w-with that gun…> Dusty gets the idea she's staring into his soooooul behind her mask.
Oct 19 13:50:00 <Maddy> <G-got envirolmental protection, John?>
Oct 19 13:50:04 <PaulS_laptop> "Why wouldn't it be?"
Oct 19 13:50:09 <PaulS_laptop> "Yep"
Oct 19 13:50:12 <Ragazzo> Dusty has his hunting rifle, but he slips the pistol away somewhere he can get at easily as well. "I'm sure it'll be fine, Alice."
Oct 19 13:50:14 <PaulS_laptop> "Gimmie a sec"
Oct 19 13:50:30 <Dawny> "B-because you're…Alice, you're call."
Oct 19 13:50:38 <PaulS_laptop> he steps off, and returns in Class C's
Oct 19 13:50:40 <Dawny> your, the second one
Oct 19 13:51:11 * Soulless has quit (Ping timeout)
Oct 19 13:51:20 <Maddy> <Jason gave his stuff back. He's fine with the g-group.>
Oct 19 13:51:34 <Maddy> <Alright, l-let's head out.>
Oct 19 13:52:05 <Ragazzo> Dusty fiddles with the hunting rifle, checking it over how dmitri showed him. He follows everybody.
Oct 19 13:52:05 * ChanServ sets mode +a #afteraction Sabitsuki
Oct 19 13:52:05 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Sabitsuki
Oct 19 13:52:54 <Sabitsuki> Smells like it's coming from one of the unused cabins down the trail
Oct 19 13:53:32 <SpaceMao|work> Nick scans the area around him.
Oct 19 13:53:43 <Ragazzo> Dusty sniffs. Does it smell like dead /people/?
Oct 19 13:54:00 <Ragazzo> He's kind of familiar with that smell. They showed up in hsi apartment a lot.
Oct 19 13:54:02 <Maddy> Alice heads to the door and puts her hand on the knob. <Ready?>
Oct 19 13:54:30 <Dawny> "Ready" Kay keeps her weapon at low ready.
Oct 19 13:54:37 <Ragazzo> "Mhm."
Oct 19 13:54:54 <SpaceMao|work> "Yep."
Oct 19 13:55:00 * Bright_ (~ten.labolgcbs.imzmlk.lsd.D2EC7D21-CRInys|77tahCecI#ten.labolgcbs.imzmlk.lsd.D2EC7D21-CRInys|77tahCecI) has joined #afteraction
Oct 19 13:55:01 <PaulS_laptop> "Yup"
Oct 19 13:55:10 * Bright has quit (Ping timeout)
Oct 19 13:55:16 <Maddy> Alice stands to one side and opens the door.
Oct 19 13:57:47 <Ragazzo> Dusty peers in…
Oct 19 13:58:10 <Dawny> Kay steps in, weapon up, looking around.
Oct 19 13:58:10 <Sabitsuki> Inside, the floor of the cabin has been completely removed. A large hole in its place leads down about 5 feet to a dirt floor, and then forward, down a tunnel.
Oct 19 13:58:12 * Bright_ has quit (Ping timeout)
Oct 19 13:58:21 <Maddy> <Lovely.>
Oct 19 13:58:23 <Ragazzo> "….."
Oct 19 13:58:27 <Ragazzo> "Huh."
Oct 19 13:58:32 <Maddy> How wide is the tunnel?
Oct 19 13:58:44 <Sabitsuki> As big as the main entrance
Oct 19 13:58:50 * Bright_ (~PI.6492985B.9F1CD799.20F8FE8F|77tahCecI#PI.6492985B.9F1CD799.20F8FE8F|77tahCecI) has joined #afteraction
Oct 19 13:58:51 <Sabitsuki> 10~20 feet wide
Oct 19 13:59:14 <Ragazzo> "Right….well. Are we going in?"
Oct 19 13:59:47 <Sabitsuki> The smell is coming from the hole.
Oct 19 13:59:49 <Maddy> <I'll take point, John and K-kay? Need you behind me, Nick w-watch our six.> Alice hits the halogens on her suit.
Oct 19 13:59:52 <Sabitsuki> (snrk)
Oct 19 14:00:01 <PaulS_laptop> "Gotcha"
Oct 19 14:00:16 <Dawny> "Copy" Kay falls into place next to John.
Oct 19 14:00:41 <Ragazzo> Dusty slots into place just in front of nick.
Oct 19 14:01:05 <Maddy> Alicel is in there somewhere too. Alice heads in, gun up.
Oct 19 14:01:35 <PaulS_laptop> John follows, three steps behind
Oct 19 14:01:38 <PaulS_laptop> gun up
Oct 19 14:01:56 <Dawny> Kay is much the same, but on the opposite side.
Oct 19 14:01:57 <Ragazzo> Dusty follows, gun down, but alert.
Oct 19 14:02:29 <Sabitsuki> Dark down here. The tunnel seems to have been carefully created, as it tall enough to walk in, and someone has made pockets leading up to the surface at points for air.
Oct 19 14:02:35 <SpaceMao|work> Nick backs in, watching the door, gun trained.
Oct 19 14:03:02 <Ragazzo> "Mmnn…" Dusty looks down, and head, searching for tracks.
Oct 19 14:04:01 <Ragazzo> *ahead
Oct 19 14:04:02 <Maddy> <How d-did we not notice this before?>
Oct 19 14:04:15 <Ragazzo> "Probably semi-recent."
Oct 19 14:04:37 <PaulS_laptop> "Might not've checked"
Oct 19 14:05:55 <PaulS_laptop> "nobody nopticed til the smell"
Oct 19 14:06:01 * Soulless (~ude.olaffub.sseleriw.BC4C99B7-CRInys|alliztahc#ude.olaffub.sseleriw.BC4C99B7-CRInys|alliztahc) has joined #afteraction
Oct 19 14:06:09 <Ragazzo> "All of those are plausible."
Oct 19 14:06:23 <Maddy> <Yeh, this c-cabin is further out.>
Oct 19 14:06:43 <Sabitsuki> The tunnel eventually leads into a dark, wide open chamber.
Oct 19 14:06:55 <SpaceMao|work> "Must've been here at least a few days if the smell is…" he coughs. "This bad…"
Oct 19 14:07:14 <PaulS_laptop> John has his mask on, so he can't smell
Oct 19 14:07:19 <Soulless> "I am quite glad I have no ability to smell at the moment."
Oct 19 14:07:21 <Ragazzo> "Well…this is…hmmm."
Oct 19 14:07:41 <Maddy> <Man, n-now I can e-even smell it…>
Oct 19 14:07:44 <Dawny> "Man up Rosenthal" Kay continues to sweep the area.
Oct 19 14:07:46 <Ragazzo> "I guess it must have been more than one…individual who made this. Maybe."
Oct 19 14:08:22 <PaulS_laptop> "This is quite a project down here"
Oct 19 14:08:28 <PaulS_laptop> "Specially in this kind of soil"
Oct 19 14:08:42 <Sabitsuki> As you near the center of the room, your various lights reveal…the head of The God Worm, still and unmoving, peaking through a large hole on the opposite of the room.
Oct 19 14:08:46 <SpaceMao|work> Nick resists the urge to snark back, focusing on the task at hand.
Oct 19 14:08:52 <Ragazzo> "Mhm….oh holy shit."
Oct 19 14:09:03 <Ragazzo> "Let's go."
Oct 19 14:09:05 <Maddy> Alice motions for them to freeze.
Oct 19 14:09:14 <PaulS_laptop> John freezes
Oct 19 14:09:19 <Ragazzo> Dusty stops.
Oct 19 14:09:25 <Dawny> Kay stops like woah.
Oct 19 14:09:31 <SpaceMao|work> Nick stops, hearing the footsteps cease.
Oct 19 14:09:34 <PaulS_laptop> "mommy, can I keep it? can I? can I?"
Oct 19 14:09:41 <Sabitsuki> The normally spastic eyes on its carapace are still, and a long, blue tongue flops lazily out of its gaping maw.
Oct 19 14:09:51 <SpaceMao|work> "What's wrong, guys?"
Oct 19 14:09:56 <Ragazzo> "Wha…oh hell."
Oct 19 14:10:07 <Maddy> Alice takes a quick look around. <G-god worm. W-we're leaving…Slowly.>
Oct 19 14:10:10 <SpaceMao|work> He's still focused on the way they came.
Oct 19 14:10:14 <Dawny> "No, Johnny, it's a *big* responsibility"
Oct 19 14:10:17 <Ragazzo> 4df+4 Life science, that's a dead worm, yeah?
Oct 19 14:10:18 <Glacon> Ragazzo: Life science, that's a dead worm, yeah?: 4 (4df+4=-, 0, 0, +)
Oct 19 14:10:29 <PaulS_laptop> "Pleeeease"
Oct 19 14:10:36 <Sabitsuki> It's dead. You can tell because its not breathing! or eating you
Oct 19 14:10:46 <Dawny> "No Johnny" Kay smiles at John.
Oct 19 14:10:49 <Ragazzo> "Uh huh…yep. It's dead."
Oct 19 14:11:07 <Ragazzo> "Wonder what did it in…"
Oct 19 14:11:14 <Maddy> <Figured, and that's w-why we're leaving. I don't want t-to meet what k-killed it. Go.>
Oct 19 14:11:42 <Dawny> "Copy" Kay turns.
Oct 19 14:11:50 <Soulless> Alicel starts backtracking as ordered.
Oct 19 14:11:50 <Sabitsuki> Perception Dusty
Oct 19 14:11:51 <Ragazzo> Dusty glances around. Is there any other way out of this chamber?
Oct 19 14:11:54 <PaulS_laptop> John backs away
Oct 19 14:11:57 <Ragazzo> 4df Ahhhhhh
Oct 19 14:11:57 <Glacon> Ragazzo: Ahhhhhh: -2 (4df=-, -, +, -)
Oct 19 14:12:01 <Sabitsuki> welp
Oct 19 14:12:12 <SpaceMao|work> "Want me to let you guys go ahead? I'll keep eyes down here on the way up?"
Oct 19 14:13:09 <Maddy> <No, I'm not taking my eye's off of this thing.>
Oct 19 14:13:13 <PaulS_laptop> "I got the rear this time. Y'all go on up."
Oct 19 14:13:42 <Sabitsuki> Dusty can kinda see a half-translucent orb floating near where the Worm's forehead would be
Oct 19 14:13:53 <Ragazzo> "….wait."
Oct 19 14:13:54 <Sabitsuki> And there are no other exits except the hole the worm is firmly lodged in
Oct 19 14:14:09 <Maddy> <W-what have you g-got?>
Oct 19 14:14:12 <Ragazzo> Dusty peers at the orb. "Is that…."
Oct 19 14:14:12 <Soulless> Alicel pauses for a moment. "Something wrong, Dusty?"
Oct 19 14:14:23 <Ragazzo> 4df+4 Occult, is that there thingy a soul
Oct 19 14:14:23 <Glacon> Ragazzo: Occult, is that there thingy a soul: 4 (4df+4=+, 0, -, 0)
Oct 19 14:14:38 * Bright_ is now known as Bright
Oct 19 14:15:39 <Sabitsuki> Similar to one in appearance, anyway. A wicked set of teeth opens up on the orb and it takes a small bite out of the pale flesh of the worm.
Oct 19 14:15:56 <Ragazzo> "…."
Oct 19 14:16:13 <Dawny> O_O"Can we go now?"
Oct 19 14:16:14 <Ragazzo> "Ugh, I wish midnight was here…."
Oct 19 14:16:20 <Sabitsuki> Crunch, crunch. Chew.
Oct 19 14:16:38 <Sabitsuki> The flesh dissolves within a transparent stomach and the orb burps.
Oct 19 14:16:44 <Maddy> <Ook going. Go> Alice is trying to leave!
Oct 19 14:16:53 <PaulS_laptop> John's gun is still up
Oct 19 14:17:27 <Soulless> Alicel follows Alice. "Come on, Alice has a good reason we should go."
Oct 19 14:17:37 <SpaceMao|work> Nick starts up the stairs, gun still ready
Oct 19 14:17:41 <Ragazzo> Dusty considers…briefly, then starts backing away.
Oct 19 14:17:49 <Dawny> Kay goes, gun at the ready.
Oct 19 14:17:53 <Ragazzo> He tries his best to be quiet.
Oct 19 14:18:20 <PaulS_laptop> John goes
Oct 19 14:18:41 <Maddy> Alice leads the group out of the tunnel. <John. Think you c-could collapse this tunnel?>
Oct 19 14:18:52 <PaulS_laptop> "sure"
Oct 19 14:18:58 <Sabitsuki> The thing continues eating as everyone backs up.
Oct 19 14:19:15 <Ragazzo> "That might be a bad idea…whatever is in tere, it's not quite solid. I think."
Oct 19 14:19:27 <Ragazzo> "And then if it comes up and finds us, it'll be pissed."
Oct 19 14:19:46 <Ragazzo> "You guys saw that orb, right?"
Oct 19 14:19:47 <PaulS_laptop> "get me the explosives"
Oct 19 14:19:53 <Maddy> <I d-don't mean the room it's in, just the tunnle up.>
Oct 19 14:20:30 <PaulS_laptop> "I'll drop the tunnel and the pressure'll prob'ly kill it"
Oct 19 14:21:09 <Ragazzo> "I…don't know."
Oct 19 14:21:41 <PaulS_laptop> "if it's physical enough to eat, it'll be physical enough to not be able to get out"
Oct 19 14:21:48 <Maddy> <You w-want that thing c-coming up here, Dusty?>
Oct 19 14:21:52 <Ragazzo> "I *think* that might be part of the god worm. What's let of it, maybe. I don't know."
Oct 19 14:22:05 <Ragazzo> Dusty points at the hole.
Oct 19 14:22:12 <PaulS_laptop> "Can someone further up the tunnel get me a demolition charge?"
Oct 19 14:22:13 <Ragazzo> "*Something* already did."
Oct 19 14:22:36 <Ragazzo> "Whatever's down there seems occupied with eating the worm."
Oct 19 14:22:47 <PaulS_laptop> "And when it's not?"
Oct 19 14:23:08 <Ragazzo> "I don't know. But did it seem like something that could dig a tunnel?"
Oct 19 14:23:31 <Sabitsuki> It's tiny orb, by the way. Maybe about the size of a large man's fist.
Oct 19 14:23:33 <PaulS_laptop> "no. Which is why we should collapse the tunnel"
Oct 19 14:23:40 <SpaceMao|work> "If it's not solid it might not need to dig.
Oct 19 14:23:40 <Maddy> <Nick, c-can you get John some boom? Small boom, k, J-john?>
Oct 19 14:23:41 <SpaceMao|work> "
Oct 19 14:23:48 <PaulS_laptop> "Small boom."
Oct 19 14:23:58 <SpaceMao|work> "Where do we keep it?"
Oct 19 14:24:24 <Ragazzo> "I…ugh. I don't know if it was dangerous…we should go and take a second look. With midnight, for preference."
Oct 19 14:24:24 <PaulS_laptop> "my cabin, brown bag."
Oct 19 14:24:45 <Maddy> <I don't w-want to wait.>
Oct 19 14:25:05 <SpaceMao|work> "Okay… so it's decided boom or no boom?"
Oct 19 14:25:13 <PaulS_laptop> "boom."
Oct 19 14:25:33 <Dawny> "I like boom"
Oct 19 14:25:34 <Maddy> <Boom.>
Oct 19 14:25:37 <Soulless> "There we have it then. Shall you go, Nick?"
Oct 19 14:25:52 <Ragazzo> "And why not? Were you particularly fond of the giant worm…thing down there." He shrugs. "Whatever. We'll see what happens."
Oct 19 14:26:02 <SpaceMao|work> "On it." He heads to John's cabin.
Oct 19 14:26:29 <Laito> Nick passes Alexander on his way out, who is leaning against the outside of the cabin.
Oct 19 14:26:44 <Ragazzo> Dusty clears out of the cabin. He passes Alice her handgun on the way.
Oct 19 14:27:12 <Dawny> "I'm going to head out" Kay waits outside the cabin.
Oct 19 14:27:27 <Maddy> Alice takes it. <It's not the w-worm I'm worried about, Dusty,>
Oct 19 14:27:58 <Maddy> <That t-thing is the n-natural predator of the hellflies, n-now it's dead. I don't l-like the implications.>
Oct 19 14:28:19 <Laito> "What's up, shooter," Alex says to Nick as he goes, pointing a two-fingered gun gesture at the man and 'shooting' him.
Oct 19 14:28:28 <SpaceMao|work> He comes back with the brown bag of boom. "Special delivery."
Oct 19 14:28:33 <Dawny> "Afternoon Doctor"
Oct 19 14:28:41 <Ragazzo> "I'd think you'd want to get some information then. Midnight and I could probably have sealed whatever that orb was."
Oct 19 14:29:04 <Ragazzo> "Would have at least been worth talking too."
Oct 19 14:29:07 <PaulS_laptop> "Thanks"
Oct 19 14:29:08 <Maddy> <We don't have time to g-go find Midnight when we d-don't know what's down there.>
Oct 19 14:29:37 <Maddy> <Hey Alex.>
Oct 19 14:29:50 <Soulless> "Hello Alex."
Oct 19 14:29:50 <PaulS_laptop> John takes the bag and fishes out his last remaining demolition charge. He looks it over, then carefully cuts it in half "may as well have something left", putting the half-charge away. "Everybody, up the tunnel and out."
Oct 19 14:29:59 <Laito> "Whatcha got goin' on here, Alice?"
Oct 19 14:30:06 <Ragazzo> "Yeah, and now we're not going to never know anything at all."
Oct 19 14:30:08 * Laito wandered inside with Nick.
Oct 19 14:30:16 <Ragazzo> *we're never
Oct 19 14:30:23 <Ragazzo> - 1 not
Oct 19 14:30:28 <Ragazzo> Blah.
Oct 19 14:30:50 <Soulless> Alicel walks out and gives John the room he needs.
Oct 19 14:30:54 <PaulS_laptop> he slices the half charge up into a couple other pieces, priming them and embedding them in the tunnel roof.
Oct 19 14:31:15 <Maddy> <Something killed the god w-worm, we're sealing tht tunnel.>
Oct 19 14:31:16 <Dawny> Kay sighs and wait outside, continuing her streak of being ignored.
Oct 19 14:31:20 <PaulS_laptop> "Dusty, Alice, Kay, everybody who ain't me, get the fuck out."
Oct 19 14:31:29 <Ragazzo> Dusty's outside the cabin.
Oct 19 14:31:34 <Maddy> <Roger that, John.> She goes.
Oct 19 14:31:36 <Soulless> He's outside with Dusty.
Oct 19 14:31:37 <SpaceMao|work> Nick steps out.
Oct 19 14:31:37 <Laito> "Mind if I have a look before you apparently blow it up?"
Oct 19 14:31:41 <Dawny> Kay's been out.
Oct 19 14:31:51 <PaulS_laptop> "Sure, but be fuckin quick. Place is rigged."
Oct 19 14:31:51 <Ragazzo> "I'd like to have a second look as well."
Oct 19 14:32:18 <Soulless> "Dusty, if I can see it, I can play it on a screen for Midnight to see."
Oct 19 14:32:31 <Maddy> <Not blowing it up. Just closeing the tunnel, but sure.>
Oct 19 14:32:33 <Laito> "I trust your trigger finger, John." Alex wanders inside and down the tunnel.
Oct 19 14:32:40 <Soulless> "That way Midnight may be able to see it without being here herself."
Oct 19 14:32:42 <Ragazzo> Dusty follows alex.
Oct 19 14:32:48 <Ragazzo> He nods at alicel.
Oct 19 14:32:49 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+6 tagging "a whiff of the ol brimstone". He sets the charges in, and slowly backs out, unspooling electric cable and passing Alex along the way
Oct 19 14:32:49 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: tagging "a whiff of the ol brimstone". He sets the charges in, and slowly backs out, unspooling electric cable and passing Alex along the way: 5 (4df+6=0, +, -, -)
Oct 19 14:32:51 * Rights1 (~moc.retrahc.iw.lcue.pchd.863C6847-CRInys|ahtagA#moc.retrahc.iw.lcue.pchd.863C6847-CRInys|ahtagA) has joined #afteraction
Oct 19 14:33:01 <Soulless> Alicel follows Dusty, careful not to trip anything.
Oct 19 14:33:18 <Maddy> Alice stands at the door to the cabin.
Oct 19 14:33:41 <Laito> Upon having a look at the thing, Alex says, "Oh ho, well then…"
Oct 19 14:33:50 <Dawny> Kay leans against a tree outside.
Oct 19 14:34:09 <Ragazzo> "Mhm…" Dusty points out the tiny fist sized orb, just in case alex doesn't notice.
Oct 19 14:34:21 <PaulS_laptop> outside the tunnel, John continues to back away, out of the cabin and a good 50ft away from it. He checks his detonator with a galvanometer to make sure he doesn't blow his ass up, then connects the wires.
Oct 19 14:34:21 <Ragazzo> Assuming it's there still.
Oct 19 14:34:37 <Soulless> Alicel takes a careful look at everything so Midnight may not miss details later. He focuses on the worm and where Dusty is pointing.
Oct 19 14:34:41 <Soulless> Can Alicel see the orb?
Oct 19 14:35:01 <Sabitsuki> Yes
Oct 19 14:35:02 <Laito> He does, of course. Alex notices everything. After a moment, "I'm not so sure this is a good idea, collapsing the tunnel."
Oct 19 14:35:20 <Maddy> <Oh?>
Oct 19 14:35:25 <Ragazzo> "Think it'd be safe to try and talk to that orb?"
Oct 19 14:35:53 <SpaceMao|work> He steps away from the house and leans under a different tree. "Alice."
Oct 19 14:36:00 <Soulless> "This is good. I can see it." He focuses his gaze on it.
Oct 19 14:36:03 <Maddy> <How about w-we focus on why it's a bad thing to close the t-tunnel first.>
Oct 19 14:36:19 <Laito> "Well, maybe it is, on second thought. I wouldn't Dusty. Here's the thing… that orb there is what you might consider a natural predator to the worm…"
Oct 19 14:36:24 <Laito> "Second, the worm isn't dead."
Oct 19 14:36:39 <Maddy> <Well that;s…kind of a relief.>
Oct 19 14:36:58 <Ragazzo> "…think we could take care of that orb then?"
Oct 19 14:37:02 <PaulS_laptop> "If'n I remember Tremors, the blast should run the worm off in the other direction."
Oct 19 14:37:09 <Soulless> He looks over at Alex, then at the orb and the worm.
Oct 19 14:37:55 <Laito> "I think you should grant the orb an exorbitant amount of respect, Dusty. Whatever you do, I'm leaving."
Oct 19 14:38:14 <Ragazzo> Dusty shrugs, and starts backing out.
Oct 19 14:38:14 <Maddy> <Alright. T-thanks, Alex.>
Oct 19 14:38:40 <Ragazzo> He exits and heads back to his cabin.
Oct 19 14:38:43 <PaulS_laptop> "Tunnel clear?"
Oct 19 14:38:57 <Maddy> Alice leaves the tunnel for real this time. <I'm clear.>
Oct 19 14:39:06 <Ragazzo> «Clear.»
Oct 19 14:39:10 <PaulS_laptop> «Anybody left in the tunnel, get the fuck out now»
Oct 19 14:39:16 <Laito> "You may want to ask Midnight, because she knows more about this shit than I ever will." Alex walks out with them.
Oct 19 14:39:28 * Ragazzo has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Oct 19 14:39:35 <Soulless> Alicel takes one last look at everything before he leaves.
Oct 19 14:39:43 <SpaceMao|work> Nick looks over at Kay for a bit, then up to the sky.
Oct 19 14:39:58 <Dawny> "Got an issue Rosenthal?"
Oct 19 14:39:59 <PaulS_laptop> «Blasting.»
Oct 19 14:40:25 <PaulS_laptop> John keys the detonator, collapsing the tunnel.
Oct 19 14:40:29 <SpaceMao|work> "No. No issue. Just thinkin'." He sighs lightly.
Oct 19 14:40:39 <Sabitsuki> Boom.
Oct 19 14:41:24 <Maddy> Alice makes her way over to Nick and Kay, taking her helmet off. "Jeeze, nothing's e-ever simple, is it?"
Oct 19 14:41:26 <Dawny> "Don't think about me. Last time you did, you took my family" Kay lights a cigarette and waits.
Oct 19 14:41:34 <PaulS_laptop> He spools the wire back up, and walks towards the others, tucking the blasting kit away.
Oct 19 14:41:38 <Dawny> "Ever, Alice"
Oct 19 14:42:00 <PaulS_laptop> "That was."
Oct 19 14:42:02 <SpaceMao|work> "Nope… never."
Oct 19 14:42:27 <Maddy> "Still, better that m-my old gig." she smiles a little. "W-we might be making the last push today, guys…"
Oct 19 14:42:39 <Soulless> Alicel looks from Nick to Kay. He looks like he would ask something is wrong but decides not to; this situation is a clusterfuck, even by human standards.
Oct 19 14:42:56 <PaulS_laptop> "Almost off this rock."
Oct 19 14:42:57 <Dawny> "You know if we'll have time to make that stop?"
Oct 19 14:43:05 <PaulS_laptop> "one way or the other"
Oct 19 14:43:12 <Soulless> "…Today, really…" That wasn't a question, more like a contemplation.
Oct 19 14:43:19 <Laito> Alex looks between Kay, Alice, Nick with quiet intrigue.
Oct 19 14:43:20 <Maddy> "Can't say for sure, but I'll t-try my hardest, Kay."
Oct 19 14:43:38 <Sabitsuki> The little orb comes floating out of the roof of the cabin, incorporeal. It circles the house, little wisp of shadow following its wake.
Oct 19 14:44:00 <Dawny> "Thanks Alice" Kay takes a drag and smiles softly.
Oct 19 14:44:26 <SpaceMao|work> Nick looks back down and lights up a smoke, staring off into space.
Oct 19 14:44:36 <Soulless> "Apparently it was not corporeal enough to be stopped by an explosive." Alicel points at the orb.
Oct 19 14:45:43 <Maddy> Alice pats her shoulder. "I've seen my own grave, and J-jason's and it gave me some peace. I u-understand." Alice looks at the orb. "Well hopefully it ain't too m-mad."
Oct 19 14:46:37 * Tox|Laptop has quit (Quit: Leaving.)
Oct 19 14:46:50 <Dawny> "Thanks" Kay takes a drag, looking down.
Oct 19 14:48:08 <Maddy> "At least the s-smell will stop."
Oct 19 14:48:25 <Sabitsuki> The smell indeed does start to fade after awhile.
Oct 19 14:48:32 <SpaceMao|work> "Alice. We done here?" His voice is flatter than usual.
Oct 19 14:50:43 <Laito> Alex quietly 'hmms' to himself.
Oct 19 14:50:44 <Maddy> "Yeah, s-sure. I'm going to go make lunch, unless someone n-needs me."
Oct 19 14:51:14 <Dawny> "I'm going to take a walk" Kay starts to head back.
Oct 19 14:51:17 <Sabitsuki> The orb floats down, 'sitting' on the roof. It sits still, almost dejectedly.
Oct 19 14:51:22 <SpaceMao|work> "Understood." He wanders back to camp, smoking away as he goes.
Oct 19 14:51:32 <Soulless> Alicel is still watching the orb.
Oct 19 14:51:59 <Soulless> When he notices everyone is walking off, he shrugs. Well, time for him to go too. He follows Nick.
Oct 19 14:52:08 <Laito> Alex stays back.
Oct 19 14:53:19 <Maddy> Alice sighs at the orb. "I know I fucked this u-up…but I didn't w-want to risk it."
Oct 19 14:53:36 <Laito> Having gleaned everything interesting from the faces of his comrades, Alex silently watches the orb thing from a distance, hands in pockets.
Oct 19 14:54:17 <Sabitsuki> It sits still for a moment, and Alex gets the distinct feeling the little ball of shadow is somehow staring back at him.
Oct 19 14:55:02 <Soulless> He gets up on Eve, contemplative about tonight.
Oct 19 14:55:09 <Laito> Alex waves.
Oct 19 14:55:12 <Maddy> She looks at Alex, not really sure if he heard her.
Oct 19 14:55:29 <Laito> He may have. He might not have. Hard to tell.
Oct 19 14:56:07 <Sabitsuki> There's a pause, and the front of the ball opens in a inhuman shit-eating grin that stretches nearly the entire width of the thing.
Oct 19 14:56:16 <Maddy> "…"
Oct 19 14:56:18 <Laito> "The one thing I didn't want," he says lowly, "Is Dusty trying to befriend it."
Oct 19 14:56:51 <Laito> Alex starts toward the orb's cabin..
Oct 19 14:57:02 <Maddy> "Thank you for that, Alex. I don't know how l-long I could get him to listen to me."
Oct 19 14:57:51 <Sabitsuki> It watches, the grin dipping slowly as he approaches, indicating that it is following his movements.
Oct 19 14:57:53 <Dawny> Kay walks around the lake again.
Oct 19 14:58:16 <Maddy> Alice tags along. She wants info on this thing as much as Dusty.
Oct 19 14:58:38 <SpaceMao|work> Nick heads back to his cabin and lights up another one. He's in a chainsmoking mood right now.
Oct 19 14:58:39 <Laito> "It's the mom effect," Alex explains quietly, slowing as he nears the house, staring at the thing keenly.
Oct 19 14:59:03 <Soulless> Alicel hops off to regard Nick.
Oct 19 14:59:15 <Maddy> "Oh?" She studdies the thing carefully as well.
Oct 19 14:59:23 <Laito> Fate point, shifting two ranks from Persuasion to Perception.
Oct 19 14:59:29 <Soulless> "I hope you do not have a coughing fit from all of this, Nick."
Oct 19 15:00:08 <SpaceMao|work> "It happens."
Oct 19 15:00:26 <Laito> 4df+6 What a curious thing
Oct 19 15:00:27 <Glacon> Laito: What a curious thing: 6 (4df+6=0, 0, +, -)
Oct 19 15:00:42 <Soulless> "You seem to be less than your usual self. Is something bothering you?"
Oct 19 15:00:47 * Tox has quit (Connection reset by peer)
Oct 19 15:01:04 <Dawny> Kay wonders past them, glairing at Nick, and continuing around the lake.
Oct 19 15:01:16 <Soulless> Alicel notices the glare. Oh.
Oct 19 15:02:39 <Sabitsuki> It is a small ball of darkness, about 5 inches wide. The grin remains its most prominent feature as its entire body darkens somewhat at Laito's approach.
Oct 19 15:02:47 <SpaceMao|work> Nick nods in acknowledgement of things being wrong.
Oct 19 15:03:08 <Soulless> "I suppose you do not want me around right now?"
Oct 19 15:03:26 * Tox (~ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.65A6F3DA-CRInys|agemO#ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.65A6F3DA-CRInys|agemO) has joined #afteraction
Oct 19 15:03:48 <SpaceMao|work> "You can be. It's fine."
Oct 19 15:04:33 <SpaceMao|work> "I admittedly won't be one for conversation at the moment. Sorry."
Oct 19 15:04:40 <Laito> Alex tries to discern whether it is capable of deceptive violence, noting its pattern of actions and behaviors. Lonely, or predator?
Oct 19 15:04:48 <SpaceMao|work> He takes another drag.
Oct 19 15:05:32 <Soulless> Alicel shrugs and just remains silent with Nick. Humans will always be humans, Nick included.
Oct 19 15:07:02 <SpaceMao|work> "I'm sorry, Ciel. I know I'm usually better than this about these situations, but I'm not made of stone."
Oct 19 15:07:21 <Sabitsuki> It is an engima wrapped in a mystery wrapped in a spicy yet delicious riddle. It is the footlong of quandaries. It's behavior so far, however, does not seem to indicate that it is capable of much beyond animal instinct.
Oct 19 15:08:00 * PaulS_laptop has quit (Ping timeout)
Oct 19 15:08:30 <Laito> "Huh."
Oct 19 15:08:43 <Soulless> "I do not mind. I am not either. There is no reason to apologize for that." He's not mentioning what there is to apologize for.
Oct 19 15:09:13 <SpaceMao|work> Nick contemplates.
Oct 19 15:09:44 <Soulless> Well, in truth, Alicel doesn't *exactly* know himself what is to be done or if apologies will actually work. Depends on the human, of course.
Oct 19 15:10:05 <SpaceMao|work> "You're trying to appease me by taking my words literally and using vague words in order to try and lift my spirits, aren't you?"
Oct 19 15:10:07 <Sabitsuki> It opens the mouth once, and the teeth click together. However, the sound is suspiciously close to that of John pushing the button on the detonator.
Oct 19 15:10:20 <Sabitsuki> In fact, it's the exact same sound.
Oct 19 15:10:35 <Laito> "Sorry about that," Alex says.
Oct 19 15:10:51 <Laito> "I told them -not- to."
Oct 19 15:12:36 <Sabitsuki> "Not to," it parrots in a modulated version of Alex's own voice.. It turns on it's z-axis and floats upside down, the grin remaining in place.
Oct 19 15:13:17 <Maddy> Alice shakes her head.
Oct 19 15:13:39 <Soulless> "Perhaps so."
Oct 19 15:15:22 <Soulless> "To be honest, I am not sure what is to be done about the situation myself. It appears a difficult problem, even by human standards of difficulty."
Oct 19 15:15:42 * PaulS_laptop (~ten.dshqrabme.pchd.B32F7D7F-CRInys|luap#ten.dshqrabme.pchd.B32F7D7F-CRInys|luap) has joined #afteraction
Oct 19 15:15:59 <Laito> "Sorry," Alex repeats. "I'm sure you were enjoying that meal." Alex seems to be talking more for his own benefit, rather than for any belief that he can communicate with the thing.
Oct 19 15:16:31 <SpaceMao|work> "These situations are… never easy."
Oct 19 15:16:39 <SpaceMao|work> "Nor simple."
Oct 19 15:16:41 <Laito> He starts to roll up the sleeves of his nice button-down shirt.
Oct 19 15:18:01 <Sabitsuki> "Enjoying meal." It starts to repeat the gesture Alice made before it stops abruptly and watches Alex.
Oct 19 15:18:23 * Dawny has quit (Ping timeout)
Oct 19 15:18:45 <Soulless> "Humans are not easy, nor simple. It can only be logical that problems involving humans are only compounded by the number of humans involved."
Oct 19 15:19:14 * Dexanote (~ten.elbacogc.emoh.AB16CE54-CRInys|alliztahc#ten.elbacogc.emoh.AB16CE54-CRInys|alliztahc) has joined #afteraction
Oct 19 15:20:24 <Laito> While Alex looks particularly dashing with his sleeves rolled up, he does it more to maintain balance as his bright green serpent tattoo is revealed. He touches a finger to it while he watches the orb, asking a silent question to his employer.
Oct 19 15:27:36 <SpaceMao|work> "You got that right, tin man. That said it's more of a help than you realize just having you around."
Oct 19 15:30:50 <Soulless> "Heh. If only the convoy had an opinion even vaguely similar. Clank clank." Alicel has no idea how he is helping at all. As far as he's concerned he's just talking normally.
Oct 19 15:33:04 <SpaceMao|work> Nick continues. "Sometimes, when humans are down, it helps to have reassurance that someone gives a shit, even if they can't offer any actual help to speak of."
Oct 19 15:33:37 * Laito awaits enlightenment.
Oct 19 15:33:55 <Dexanote> Shank walks by Laito
Oct 19 15:33:57 <Soulless> "Hm. I understand that sentiment exactly." Yes, of course he does, kind of at least.
Oct 19 15:34:25 <Dexanote> 4df+4 He trips Laito by putting the butt of the scythe between his ankles and sweeping
Oct 19 15:34:26 <Glacon> Dexanote: He trips Laito by putting the butt of the scythe between his ankles and sweeping: 5 (4df+4=0, +, +, -)
Oct 19 15:35:48 <Maddy> 4df+3 Athletics to stop Shankster
Oct 19 15:35:48 <Glacon> Maddy: Athletics to stop Shankster: 4 (4df+3=0, +, -, +)
Oct 19 15:36:02 <Maddy> Alice fails dont mind her
Oct 19 15:36:41 <Laito> As Laito comes to from his concentration, he is now on the ground. "Hi Shank. I was just learning about our new friend here."
Oct 19 15:36:49 <Laito> Alex rights himself and stands up.
Oct 19 15:37:09 <Dexanote> "Eh?"
Oct 19 15:37:58 <SpaceMao|work> He takes another drag. So much chainsmoking.
Oct 19 15:38:01 <Sabitsuki> The tattoo on Alex's arm stretches, the snake's head shooting up his arm, shoulder, and stopping on his forehead. The mouth opens and the tongue extends, the point of it a single black dot.
Oct 19 15:38:44 <Laito> Alex and Alice are far away from camp, next to a cabin down the ways a bit. He points to the glowing orb that floats above the cabin that is currently frowning intensely.
Oct 19 15:38:55 <Laito> "You may want to leave, Shank. For your sake."
Oct 19 15:39:33 <Maddy> Alice is also frowning.
Oct 19 15:39:50 <Soulless> Alicel just chills by him. He kind of doubts smoking *this* much could be chalked up to addiction alone.
Oct 19 15:40:54 <Dexanote> "Aight." He backs away slowly.
Oct 19 15:41:39 <Sabitsuki> A red tongue flops out of the thing's mouth, upside down. It looks at Chainshank without eyes and…drools.
Oct 19 15:42:11 <Laito> "No, I mean, -leave-, seriously, you're going to be eaten."
Oct 19 15:42:16 <Soulless> He's not saying anything but damn that's a lot of puffing.
Oct 19 15:42:59 <Maddy> "Guess I better move to. Jason w-would be quite irrate if he c-came back from recon and I'd b-been eaten."
Oct 19 15:43:19 <Laito> "You're fine, Alice."
Oct 19 15:43:35 <Maddy> "Oh. cool."
Oct 19 15:43:52 <Laito> "I wouldn't bring it back to camp though."
Oct 19 15:44:53 <SpaceMao|work> He takes drag after drag, his eyes distant.
Oct 19 15:45:33 <Soulless> Alicel goes from being ok with it to wondering a more polite form of 'jesus christ man is this guy gonna live to die tonight'.
Oct 19 15:47:06 <Maddy> "Right."
Oct 19 15:47:33 <SpaceMao|work> He looks down, noting that he's accumulating a small pile of butts at his feet.
Oct 19 15:47:39 <Dexanote> He turns and vanishes.
Oct 19 15:47:45 <SpaceMao|work> "I should probably slow down…"
Oct 19 15:48:21 <Sabitsuki> It DARTS after Shank, moving in the blink of a eye to the scarecrow's last location, but getting only air.
Oct 19 15:48:44 <Soulless> "I think that would be a wise decision. I did not believe addiction caused… this."
Oct 19 15:48:55 <Sabitsuki> It pauses, clearly thinking, and then drops to the ground unceremoniously and rolls around on its tongue.
Oct 19 15:49:02 <Laito> "Sorry buddy," Alex apologizes.
Oct 19 15:49:25 <Laito> He looks at Alex, "Say, who's with us that we don't like? Besides Shank."
Oct 19 15:49:26 <Sabitsuki> "Not to," it says. "Meal."
Oct 19 15:49:57 <Laito> Alice, rather.
Oct 19 15:50:03 * Dr_Kens (~ude.sregtur.8D0E3AB3-CRInys|sneK_ehT#ude.sregtur.8D0E3AB3-CRInys|sneK_ehT) has joined #afteraction
Oct 19 15:50:34 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Dexanote
Oct 19 15:51:54 <Maddy> "Hmm, Well a lot of people aren't r-really happy with J-john right now…"
Oct 19 15:52:21 <SpaceMao|work> "Addiction doesn't cause this, Ciel."
Oct 19 15:52:38 <Laito> "Too bad our friend here only devours the paranormal."
Oct 19 15:52:43 <Soulless> "What does?"
Oct 19 15:52:58 <Maddy> "I know a f-few people aren't fond of Jason, b-but I don't know how strongly…Kay hates the shit o-out of CHaron."
Oct 19 15:53:06 <Maddy> "Ah. W-well that's intersting."
Oct 19 15:53:26 <SpaceMao|work> "Stress. Internal emotional conflict. Confusion. Anger at oneself."
Oct 19 15:53:35 <Sabitsuki> "Meeaaaaaaalllll."
Oct 19 15:53:46 <Maddy> "I d-don't feel too bad about trying to seal it now…even if it didn't work.
Oct 19 15:53:50 <Sabitsuki> It stretches the word out loudly.
Oct 19 15:55:05 <Laito> "I knew collapsing the tunnel was a bad idea… I'm not so sure it won't turn on us if it doesn't get its preferred cuisine."
Oct 19 15:55:54 * Soulless has quit (Ping timeout)
Oct 19 15:56:44 <Maddy> Alice sighs. "Now what."
Oct 19 15:56:46 <SpaceMao|work> Nick goes into his cabin to lay in bed and stare at the ceiling for a while.
Oct 19 15:57:10 <Laito> "I should have let him eat Shank."
Oct 19 15:57:34 <Laito> "Not sure why I didn't, actually…. Hmmm…"
Oct 19 15:57:48 <Sabitsuki> It rolls around in a pile of its own spittle, a shadowy substance that fades shortly after leave the hole it calls a mouth.
Oct 19 16:00:14 * Laito touches his tattoo again. ~Do we currently have any clients asking for the death of anything paranormal?~
Oct 19 16:01:45 <Sabitsuki> ~Not my deal, kid. I'm not an assassin. Except when I am.~
Oct 19 16:03:29 <Laito> ~Whyever did I bother to ask?~ Alex thinks dryly.
Oct 19 16:06:18 <Sabitsuki> ~If you're so concerned about the runt, why don't you feed it something of yours? 'S not like most regular humans talk to mad, bad, and dangerous snakes mentally, or appear wherever they want, y'know.~
Oct 19 16:08:41 <Laito> ~Benefits of working for you at all.~ Alex contemplates the gravity of letting the godling into his brain or something similarly daunting.
Oct 19 16:10:12 * Bright has quit (Ping timeout)
Oct 19 16:10:33 <Sabitsuki> ~Parenting is a bitch, kid.~ The snake comments cryptically before cutting the connection.
Oct 19 16:10:35 * Bright_ (~PI.6492985B.9F1CD799.20F8FE8F|77tahCecI#PI.6492985B.9F1CD799.20F8FE8F|77tahCecI) has joined #afteraction
Oct 19 16:11:02 <Laito> "You can head back, Alice."
Oct 19 16:11:24 * Dr_Kens has quit (Ping timeout)
Oct 19 16:11:58 * PaulS_laptop has quit (Ping timeout)
Oct 19 16:12:43 * Dr_Kens (~ude.sregtur.8D0E3AB3-CRInys|sneK_ehT#ude.sregtur.8D0E3AB3-CRInys|sneK_ehT) has joined #afteraction
Oct 19 16:13:19 * AndroUser2 (~PI.DDBE30F.8C48C14A.4186B21B|criordna#PI.DDBE30F.8C48C14A.4186B21B|criordna) has joined #afteraction
Oct 19 16:14:12 * Sabitsuki sets ban on AndroUser2!*@*
Oct 19 16:14:16 * Sabitsuki has kicked AndroUser2 from #afteraction (Sabitsuki)
Oct 19 16:16:27 <Maddy> Alice nods and goes back to her room.
Oct 19 16:17:03 * SpaceMao|work has quit (Ping timeout)
Oct 19 16:17:50 * soulless (~ten.ralugnicym.FD4E2A4F-CRInys|tahCdnA#ten.ralugnicym.FD4E2A4F-CRInys|tahCdnA) has joined #afteraction
Oct 19 16:17:53 * Sabitsuki removes ban on AndroUser2!*@*
Oct 19 16:20:13 * Bright_ is now known as Bright
Oct 19 16:20:47 <Laito> Alex sits down before the godling. "Meal, huh?"
Oct 19 16:21:10 <Sabitsuki> It spins in place.
Oct 19 16:21:11 * Rights1 is now known as Rights
Oct 19 16:24:05 <Laito> Alex wonders if it'll eat the tattoo and his connection to Malacoda, but bets the Snake wouldn't like that idea.
Oct 19 16:24:05 <Laito> "What would you give for a meal," Alex wonders aloud to the orb.
Oct 19 16:24:25 * SpaceMao|work (~ten.tsewq.hcor.67237955-CRInys|criordna#ten.tsewq.hcor.67237955-CRInys|criordna) has joined #afteraction
Oct 19 16:25:03 * SpaceMao|work has quit (Quit: SpaceMao|work)
Oct 19 16:25:27 * SpaceMao|work (~ten.tsewq.hcor.67237955-CRInys|criordna#ten.tsewq.hcor.67237955-CRInys|criordna) has joined #afteraction
Oct 19 16:25:28 <Sabitsuki> It stops, pauses, and then floats off the ground, going to head height.
Oct 19 16:25:51 <Sabitsuki> It floats in close to Alex's face, and there's a quiet sound of…sniffing.
Oct 19 16:27:44 <Laito> Alex closes his eyes with a sigh. "Yeah, there's… things in there. Understand my hesitation, little abomination, to let you into my brain."
Oct 19 16:30:35 <soulless> Alicel thinks a moment. "I see no reason for self anger. Is that not what causes the problem with humans in the first place? Internal conflict?"
Oct 19 16:30:40 <Sabitsuki> An arm, made of clear water, bursts through the solid flesh of Alex's forehead. It grabs the ball in a death grip, and the thing makes a little noise that sounds like 'ack'
Oct 19 16:31:29 <Laito> "Yeah, see? I didn't even know that was there," Alex explains, oddly undisturbed by this event.
Oct 19 16:32:44 <SpaceMao|work> "Even for the most rational person, internal conflict is unavoidable."
Oct 19 16:33:07 <SpaceMao|work> "If you care about people, eventually it will surface."
Oct 19 16:33:20 <Sabitsuki> There's a momentary struggle before the orb manages to get its semi-corporal teeth into the thing, and bites down. A loud psychic yowl is issued.
Oct 19 16:34:27 <Sabitsuki> Despite the oddity of water even being solid, or making a crunching sound, the orb tugs on the arm like a strand of pasta, eventually separating it from Alex's forehead.
Oct 19 16:34:42 <soulless> "That is unfortunate. Does this happen inevitably?"
Oct 19 16:34:51 <Sabitsuki> It flies to the ground where the ball pounces on it almost immediately, devouring it messily and loudly.
Oct 19 16:35:28 <Laito> Alex leans forward, rubbing his temples with both hands as if tremendously stressed. "Awh shit…"
Oct 19 16:35:55 <soulless> "Is there a way to prevent this internal conflict?"
Oct 19 16:37:16 <SpaceMao|work> "Not to prevent it. But there is a way to resolve it eventually. Unfortunately it's not always available."
Oct 19 16:37:44 <Sabitsuki> The orb belches loudly and the floats up to Alex's face again.
Oct 19 16:37:51 <Sabitsuki> It licks him affectionately.
Oct 19 16:38:40 <Laito> Alex groans, honestly struggling to stay conscious.
Oct 19 16:39:25 <soulless> "If there is no way to solve it yet, perhaps it would be best to put it on a lower priority in your thoughts until a time to resolve it comes."
Oct 19 16:41:03 <Laito> Alex looks at the thing with exhaustion. "Meal?"
Oct 19 16:41:30 <SpaceMao|work> "Depending on the root cause, that's easier said than done. For a time, unless something of remarkable importance comes up, it can be all consuming."
Oct 19 16:42:42 <Sabitsuki> The mouth rotates again, extends, and then opens. A white eye with a single black iris opens. The bottom of the orb extends into a long, thin tail, and the overall width and length of the orb grows a couple inches. "Meal," it says affirmingly, with no mouth.
Oct 19 16:43:50 <SpaceMao|work> "I feel I'm getting close to the threshhold where I will be able to set it aside for the time being. However, I make no promises that it will not resurface during downtime if the cause presents itself. Once we make our move to get off this rock, it will not be an issue."
Oct 19 16:45:09 <SpaceMao|work> "Afterwards when we are clear and safe, however, it will be likely to resurface."
Oct 19 16:45:32 * Laito touches his tattoo again, just long enough for a single thought. ~Not coming in to work for a little bit.~ Alex stands. "You want more," he whispers to the godling, "you come back to me. Don't go eating any of my friends."
Oct 19 16:46:28 * Laito points to his head. "Meal."
Oct 19 16:47:08 <Sabitsuki> It tilts the eye-head, and then bobs in understanding.
Oct 19 16:47:53 * soulless has quit (Ping timeout)
Oct 19 16:48:16 <Laito> Alex shoos the godling. "Go on then, get out of here."