THE BRUCE

[23:32] <Ragazzo> 4df+4 Hard science maneuver, dusty is making himself something truly useful.
[23:32] <Glacon> Ragazzo: Hard science maneuver, dusty is making himself something truly useful.: 5 (4df+4=0, -, +, +)
[23:33] <PaulS_laptop> "I can drive. Well…not really. I can make things moce."
[23:33] <MartinSage> "Forgive me if I'm untrusting - your background worries me, but if John and Jason trust you, I will too until shown otherwise. That's not a threat or anything, I just want you to understand my concerns."
[23:33] <Ragazzo> Dusty spends several minutes erasing, and re-writing lines.
[23:34] <Gerald> "I was shot at the day I met the Convoy. Others have explicitly stated their inherent distrust in me, with good reason. I have consistently stated how I am surrounded by fools. The /only/ reason I as admitted in the first place is due to my /extensive/ knowledge of the Insurgency's inner workings. I have nearly killed our dear little Kay, and will do so again if she attempts what she did. Do…
[23:34] <Gerald> …not be such a damned fool, Sage, there is /quite/ the 'I' here."
[23:34] * Doctor_light (ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.5300FD19-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.5300FD19-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
[23:34] <Ragazzo> Eventually the circle is complete, and he rests a palm on it, the circles glows, crackles, and then….
[23:34] <Ragazzo> 4df+6 Tell me what's happening E4d.
[23:34] <Glacon> Ragazzo: Tell me what's happening E4d.: 9 (4df+6=+, +, 0, +)
[23:34] <@Dexanote> There's a flash of light
[23:35] <@Dexanote> a really fucking intense flash of light
[23:35] <Gerald> Charon leans in.
[23:35] <MartinSage> "We can agree to disagree, Mr. Charon. There;s always the illusion of an I, but just like battles, *I's* will never win the war.
[23:35] * Laito (~moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.5D68B3DB-CRInys|sirhc#moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.5D68B3DB-CRInys|sirhc) Quit ( Quit: Leaving. )
[23:35] <Tom90deg> Zoe dosn't even look up. "YOu alright Dusty?"
[23:35] * Laito (~moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.5D68B3DB-CRInys|sirhc#moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.5D68B3DB-CRInys|sirhc) has joined #afteraction
[23:35] <Ragazzo> Dusty rubs his eyes.
[23:35] <MartinSage> "The fuck was that?"
[23:35] <Ragazzo> "Fine, fine."
[23:35] <Tom90deg> "Dusty."
[23:35] <Tom90deg> "If there's a huge fireball, it's Dusty of John. Since we're not all dead, it's probaly Dusty."
[23:35] <MartinSage> "Oh. Dusty is the one that lights himself on fire or something often, right?"
[23:36] <Tom90deg> "Heh, yep, that's the one."
[23:36] <PaulS_laptop> "Yeah"
[23:36] <@Dexanote> Dusty, defense.
[23:36] <Ragazzo> …
[23:36] * E4D (PI.B08D965B.17C6AEC6.7D53AD95|tibbiM#PI.B08D965B.17C6AEC6.7D53AD95|tibbiM) Quit ( Ping timeout )
[23:36] <Gerald> "Do not be so stupid as to push your ideals upon me. I am not here to win any wars. I am here to survive, above all else."
[23:36] <Ragazzo> 4df+4 God damn it.
[23:36] <Glacon> Ragazzo: God damn it.: 4 (4df+4=+, -, +, -)
[23:36] * Dawny (moc.ishcm.tneilc.A610044E-CRInys|tibbiM#moc.ishcm.tneilc.A610044E-CRInys|tibbiM) Quit ( Ping timeout )
[23:36] <@Dexanote> 1d6
[23:36] <Glacon> Dexanote: 3 (1d6=3)
[23:37] <@Dexanote> There's an intense wave of heat as the rock melts under and into itself, twisting and bubbling
[23:37] <@Dexanote> again Dusty.
[23:37] <MartinSage> "No worries, mate. I'm just letting you know where I stand, and why I am hesitant. I respect your candor on this."
[23:37] <Ragazzo> 4df+4 OH balls
[23:37] <Glacon> Ragazzo: OH balls: 3 (4df+4=0, 0, -, 0)
[23:38] <Tom90deg> "You sure you're alright Dusty?" Zoe turns to whereever Dusty was."
[23:38] * Dodridge (ten.knilneddus.nyd.wta.CA03A944-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.knilneddus.nyd.wta.CA03A944-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
[23:38] <Ragazzo> "Er…/should/ be ok."
[23:38] * MartinSage frowns and turns around again. "What the hell is going on over there?"
[23:39] <Ragazzo> He starts to back away.
[23:39] <Gerald> Charon grins, and waves his wine glass in Martin's direction. "That is quite appreciated."
[23:39] <@Dexanote> 1d6
[23:39] <Glacon> Dexanote: 2 (1d6=2)
[23:40] <@Dexanote> Slowly, the boulder forms into a cube. Clean and grey on all sides, about a metre on each edge.
[23:40] * MartinSage smiles slightly.
[23:40] <Ragazzo> Dusty waits for it to appear to be cool.
[23:40] <Tom90deg> Zoe gets up and walks over to Dusty. "When you say Should I get nervous."
[23:40] <Ragazzo> He puts on his gloves.
[23:40] <@Dexanote> Each corner starts growing out, spiking and bending to pick the cube up off the ground.
[23:40] <Ragazzo> "I'm a bit nervous as well."
[23:40] <Ragazzo> "…"
[23:41] <Ragazzo> "Uh…huh."
[23:41] <@Dexanote> It turns to "look" at Dusty.
[23:41] <Ragazzo> "…………."
[23:41] <Ragazzo> "Oh hell."
[23:41] <Ragazzo> "Er…hello there?"
[23:42] <Tom90deg> "God…WHat did you do now Dusty?"
[23:42] <Tom90deg> "The rock cube is looking at me."
[23:43] <Ragazzo> "….shhhh."
[23:43] <Ragazzo> "I was just trying to make a chair."
[23:43] * MartinSage turns around again and slowly unslings his rifle into his hands, taking a few steps back.
[23:43] <@Dexanote> The cube flattens and twists the upper tentacles into armrests and a high back.
[23:43] <Ragazzo> "….hmmm."
[23:43] <MartinSage> "You aren't seriously going to sit in that, are you?"
[23:44] * Dawny (moc.ishcm.tneilc.A610044E-CRInys|tibbiM#moc.ishcm.tneilc.A610044E-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
[23:44] <Ragazzo> "I think I might be obligated too…"
[23:44] <Ragazzo> "Zoe, could you be ready to get me out of there, just in case?"
[23:44] <Tom90deg> "…Dusty, If you sit in that, you are the dumbest man alive, and will have broken your previous record."
[23:44] <@Maddy> Alice watches with the flatest of faces.
[23:45] <Ragazzo> "…but…what if I hurt it's feelings?"
[23:45] <Ragazzo> "I /did/ make it."
[23:45] <MartinSage> "Doc, you might want to tell the Skipper someone is about to become lunch to living stone cube chair. "
[23:45] <Tom90deg> "God…Alright, just….sit in it, but be careful. I've never tried to teleport somne out of stone tentacles."
[23:45] <Ragazzo> "…Ok."
[23:45] <Tom90deg> "Good stone cube…that's a nice cube."
[23:45] <@Dexanote> It has a igh, flat, smooth back and low rises on either side to hold one's butt comfortably
[23:46] <Ragazzo> Dusty approaches the cube.
[23:46] <Ragazzo> He pats it's side.
[23:46] <@Dexanote> It just kinda sits there
[23:46] <@Dexanote> Turns to follow him.
[23:46] <Gerald> Dusty doesn't realize it, but the spirit of Dr. Gerald floats above him, telling him to sit in the damn chair.
[23:46] <Ragazzo> It's just stone?
[23:46] <@Dexanote> yes
[23:46] <Ragazzo> 4df+4 Life science, are there /any/ signs this thing is 'alive'
[23:46] <Glacon> Ragazzo: Life science, are there /any/ signs this thing is 'alive': 4 (4df+4=-, +, 0, 0)
[23:47] <@Dexanote> shaped kinda like a plastic chair you'd see in school or a cheap office meeting.
[23:47] <@Dexanote> It's moving.
[23:47] <Ragazzo> Fluidly?
[23:47] <Tom90deg> "Well…go for it I guess…"
[23:47] <@Dexanote> stumping around on little legs.
[23:47] * MartinSage murmurs "I think I need a bigger gun for this."
[23:47] <Ragazzo> "…" Dusty very carefully sits at the very edge of the chair, ready to flee immediately.
[23:48] <@Dexanote> it kinda leans down a bit, barely supporting his weight.
[23:48] <Ragazzo> He settles a little more squarely on it.
[23:49] <@Dexanote> It tips him off and stands back up
[23:49] <Tom90deg> "Hehee…"
[23:49] <Ragazzo> "…."
[23:49] <Ragazzo> Heh."
[23:49] <Tom90deg> "Can I try?"
[23:49] <Ragazzo> Dusty gets up, dusting himself off.
[23:49] <Ragazzo> "Go ahead?"
[23:50] <Ragazzo> "I think you should ask first…"
[23:50] <Tom90deg> Zoe walks over and pats the back of the chair. "I shall call you….Bruce. Bruce the Cube."
[23:50] <MartinSage> "This is so retarded." Sage slaps his forehead with his palm and sits back down, cradling his rifle across his knees and watching the show.
[23:50] <Tom90deg> "Ready?"
[23:50] <Ragazzo> "Be careful…"
[23:51] <Tom90deg> "I can just teleport out…but I will."
[23:51] <Tom90deg> Zoe carefully moves to the front. "Easy Bruce…" Zoe carefully sits down on the chair."
[23:52] <@Dexanote> It tips her off.
[23:52] <Tom90deg> "That was Rude Bruce. "
[23:52] <Ragazzo> "So…I've made a chair. That refuses to be sat on."
[23:52] <Tom90deg> Zoe pets the back of the chair. "Come on bruce….be nice…"
[23:52] <@Dexanote> It slowly tries to run away from Zoe but seems to get tired and just kinda stops like 8 or 9 steps away
[23:52] <Gerald> Charon strides over. "And what horrid monstrosity has the arcane magics done for us this time?"
[23:52] <MartinSage> "Should ask Midnight to sit on Bruce and see what he does." Sage shakes his head and puts it in his hands. "Now I'M calling it Bruce."
[23:53] <Tom90deg> "That's it's name."
[23:53] <Ragazzo> "Wait…oh hell."
[23:53] * MartinSage looks up at Charon. "They made a retarded chair."
[23:53] <Ragazzo> "I was trying to make a laz boy."
[23:53] <Ragazzo> *lazy
[23:53] <Ragazzo> "…this is ridiculous."
[23:53] <Tom90deg> "It would be a lazy chair that didn't want to be sat on."
[23:53] <Gerald> "….."
[23:54] <Tom90deg> Zoe walks after the chair. "Come on…that's a good boy Bruce…Siiiiit…."
[23:54] <Gerald> Charon throws his hands up. Jesus, those things are in orbit.
[23:54] <Ragazzo> Dusty folows, patting the chair soothingly.
[23:54] <Ragazzo> *follows
[23:54] <Gerald> "Why the HELL not? It certainly is an absolute triumphs over the /other/ mystical creations our magi have made. Ham. A hole. Mead. A gods-damned typewriter!"
[23:55] <MartinSage> "They made a typewriter? What were they TRYING to make? I don't even want to know where the ham came from."
[23:55] <Gerald> "Surely! Go ahead! A mentally deficient chair made of stone that DOES NOT WORK AS A CHAIR SHOULD."
[23:55] <Tom90deg> Zoe comes up again, patting the seat of the chair. "Hmm? Staaay….good boy…"
[23:55] <@Dexanote> It tries to wander away from them
[23:56] <Tom90deg> "What does a stone chair eat?"
[23:56] <Ragazzo> "I don't know…"
[23:56] * Rights (~PI.BF0EFC49.1A349E52.3D65DC1F|ahtagA#PI.BF0EFC49.1A349E52.3D65DC1F|ahtagA) Quit ( Quit: Leaving. )
[23:56] <Ragazzo> "I could ask midnight?"
[23:56] <Ragazzo> "To try and read it's mind."
[23:56] <Tom90deg> "Where IS Miss Kitty?"
[23:56] <Ragazzo> Dusty follows the chair.
[23:56] <MartinSage> "Five now worthless American dollars it doesn't have a mind."
[23:56] * Rights (~PI.BF0EFC49.1A349E52.3D65DC1F|ahtagA#PI.BF0EFC49.1A349E52.3D65DC1F|ahtagA) has joined #afteraction
[23:57] <Tom90deg> Zoe does as well. "Come on Bruce…Staaaay…"
[23:57] <Ragazzo> "Come on, Bruce. It's ok."
[23:57] <@Dexanote> It turns towards Charon
[23:57] <@Dexanote> stump stump stump
[23:57] <@Dexanote> stump stump stump
[23:57] <Ragazzo> "We're your friends…."
[23:57] <Ragazzo> "…."
[23:57] <MartinSage> "Ask me a damn week ago if I would have ever imagined this. "
[23:57] <@Dexanote> Stops.
[23:57] <Dodridge> "What the fuck is that?"
[23:57] <@Dexanote> Seems to mime panting
[23:57] <Tom90deg> "That's Bruce."
[23:57] <Ragazzo> "….it's a chair."
[23:57] <Tom90deg> "Awww…It likes you Charon!"
[23:57] <Ragazzo> "I made it…"
[23:58] <Gerald> He walks over, looking at it.
[23:58] <MartinSage> "Sir. They made a chair. A really dumb, lazy chair."
[23:58] <Gerald> "….."
[23:58] <Gerald> Charon attempts to sit on Bruce.
[23:58] <@Dexanote> It tries to tip him but he's too tall so it tries to inch away.
[23:59] <@Flames> Midnight shows up, and looks at the chair curiously.
[23:59] <Tom90deg> "I don't think it likes you either…"
[00:00] <@Dexanote> Its kinda squirming under Charon before just slumping and giving up
[00:00] <Tom90deg> "Hmm…GEt off of Bruce for a second."
[00:00] <@Dexanote> It spreads its legs and "sits" on the ground.
[00:00] <Gerald> "Bruce? So you named the damned thing? You have truly created a work of /art/, dearest Dusty." He puts a hell of a lot of emphasis on art.
[00:00] <Ragazzo> "I hope it's not going to run out of juice, and just…stop…" Murmurs dusty.
[00:00] <Gerald> "…." He stands.
[00:00] <Ragazzo> "That'd be sad…."
[00:00] <Tom90deg> "That would be sad…"
[00:00] <Tom90deg> "BRuce? Can you be a table?"
[00:00] <@Dexanote> It stands back up and tries to turn before just stopping.
[00:01] <Tom90deg> "Bruce?"
[00:01] <Tom90deg> Zoe approaches the chair.
[00:01] <Ragazzo> Dusty follows.
[00:01] <Tom90deg> "You alright chair?"
[00:01] <@Flames> 4df+4 (Mentalism) Midnight looks at the group walking around the stone throne, wondering what the hell is going on.
[00:01] <Glacon> Flames: (Mentalism) Midnight looks at the group walking around the stone throne, wondering what the hell is going on.: 4 (4df+4=+, -, +, -)
[00:02] <Tom90deg> "Hey Midnight, Heh, Come and meet Bruce, if he's still alive…"
[00:02] <Ragazzo> Dusty lays a hand on bruce, and tries to use his alchemy to tap into his creation, and get a feel for it's state of being.
[00:03] <Ragazzo> 4df+4 It is his creation….
[00:03] <Glacon> Ragazzo: It is his creation….: 4 (4df+4=0, +, -, 0)
[00:03] <@Flames> "It's… something. A lazy chair, and sentient, for that."
[00:03] * Dawny (moc.ishcm.tneilc.A610044E-CRInys|tibbiM#moc.ishcm.tneilc.A610044E-CRInys|tibbiM) Quit ( Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client )
[00:03] <Tom90deg> "Yah, it reminds me of a big dumb dog."
[00:03] <Ragazzo> "I made it…I guess it's a construct…sort of?"
[00:04] <Gerald> "I do not even have words that will properly display my emotions for this…..thing."
[00:04] <Ragazzo> "Be nice, Zoe…"
[00:04] <Tom90deg> "I am being nice! I like dogs. Big cute dogs."
[00:04] <Ragazzo> He smiles.
[00:05] <@Flames> "Sort of. It's not very smart, it's lazy, and aside from being self-aware it's got no real will or drive."
[00:05] <Ragazzo> "Oh dear…"
[00:05] <Ragazzo> "I may done something terrible again."
[00:05] <Ragazzo> *may have
[00:05] <Tom90deg> "Aw….Come on Bruce…Maybe it can be a stone dog instead of a chair…"
[00:06] <@Dexanote> Bruce just kinda sits there
[00:06] <Ragazzo> Nothing learned from dusty's roll?
[00:06] <Ragazzo> "…what do I do?"
[00:06] <@Dexanote> Nope. It's not alive, and you have no idea what the fuck you just did. it's lazy and dumb.
[00:07] <Ragazzo> "We can't just…leave it."
[00:07] <Gerald> "Can we leave this behind? Please?"
[00:07] <@Flames> Midnight hops up on the stone chair.
[00:08] * Salmander (~ten.elbacwahs.gc.63A9248-CRInys|rednamlaS#ten.elbacwahs.gc.63A9248-CRInys|rednamlaS) Quit ( Connection reset by peer )
[00:08] <@Dexanote> It jerks, throwing Midnight off itself.
[00:08] <Tom90deg> "Hehe, it does that."
[00:08] <Ragazzo> "Ah, sorry…"
[00:08] <Tom90deg> "But yah, we can't just leave the poor thing."
[00:08] <Ragazzo> Dusty feels responsible for this!
[00:09] * Salmander (~ten.elbacwahs.gc.63A9248-CRInys|rednamlaS#ten.elbacwahs.gc.63A9248-CRInys|rednamlaS) has joined #afteraction
[00:09] <@Flames> 4df+2 Athletics for kitty
[00:09] <Glacon> Flames: Athletics for kitty: 3 (4df+2=+, -, 0, +)
[00:09] * Laito (~moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.5D68B3DB-CRInys|sirhc#moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.5D68B3DB-CRInys|sirhc) has left #afteraction
[00:09] <Gerald> "Oh, we can! It is quite simple! We," He waves to the group. "get in the vehicles," He points to them "and leave, simply making sure that we do not bring /that/." Points at it.
[00:10] <Ragazzo> "That's so cruel though…"
[00:10] <Tom90deg> "Yah, that's just mean. Dusty made it, we should either make it how it used to be, or take it with us."
[00:10] <Gerald> "It is a chair. A stupid chair. What purpose is there to bring it?"
[00:10] <Ragazzo> "Wait…"
[00:10] <@Flames> Midnight lands on her feet, and starts to groom. "Dusty, why do you do these things? It's not cruel, per se. It's listless, lazy, and it has no desires other than to sit."
[00:10] <@Dexanote> 2d4 Cat, stay off the furniture.
[00:10] <Glacon> Dexanote: Cat, stay off the furniture.: 5 (2d4=2, 3)
[00:11] <@Dexanote> oh, i thought you were getting back on.
[00:11] <Tom90deg> "Well can we…remove the life from it or something? I don't like just letting it sit out here forever, wandering around."
[00:11] <Ragazzo> "I didn't…it wasn't supposed to be /sentient/. I was only trying to restucture…"
[00:11] <Ragazzo> *restructure.
[00:12] <Ragazzo> "You…but…"
[00:12] <Ragazzo> Wait, is the chair smaller than the boulder it came from?
[00:12] <Ragazzo> Significantly so?
[00:12] <@Dexanote> How big was the boulder
[00:12] <Ragazzo> Uhh…boulder sized?
[00:12] <Gerald> "Did you know there was the occasional debate on the usage of magic in the Insurgency? Not often, but they existed. What you have done, dearest Dusty, is every reason why it was a good thing we chose not to use it."
[00:13] <Ragazzo> "Thank you, Charon."
[00:13] <Ragazzo> Dusty exhales.
[00:13] <Tom90deg> "Bla bla bla Charon."
[00:13] <Ragazzo> "It'd be…wrong…to just…take away what I gave it."
[00:14] <Tom90deg> "I'm glad you're always here to give us your vauled opnion on these things."
[00:14] <Tom90deg> "WEll, can you change the shape again? Maybe make it something more mobile?"
[00:14] <Ragazzo> "I could…but…that's a bit sketchy too, isn't it?"
[00:14] <@Dexanote> ok, the chair is 1.5 ft wide square and the back is like 5 foot.
[00:14] <Ragazzo> "And that won't change how it feels…"
[00:14] <@Dexanote> Smooth grey stone.
[00:15] <@Dexanote> Fitted buttseat
[00:15] <Ragazzo> Ok.
[00:15] <Ragazzo> We get it about the buttseat.
[00:16] <Tom90deg> "It might. What if it acts like a chair cause it IS a chair?"
[00:16] <Ragazzo> "…I suppose."
[00:16] <@Dexanote> it hasn't moved. at all.
[00:16] <Ragazzo> "Midnight…will you help me?"
[00:16] <Ragazzo> "I'm going to try and make it…a dog."
[00:18] <Bright> "Need some assistance?"
[00:18] <Ragazzo> "If you could mold it's mindset gently…I'll change it physically…ugh. This feels so unethical."
[00:18] <Ragazzo> "I could, yeah."
[00:18] <Tom90deg> "What ese can we do Dusty?"
[00:18] <Tom90deg> "And yes….we could use some help."
[00:18] <Bright> "I can feed you some energy,m to help make it easier."
[00:19] <Ragazzo> "I'll need it…the power from doing it the first time…"
[00:19] <Ragazzo> "Ok…"
[00:19] <Tom90deg> "Heh, that was a impressive flash of light."
[00:19] <Ragazzo> Dusty starts setting up a circle for the three mages to work together.
[00:20] <Ragazzo> 4df+4 Occult to draw the circle.
[00:20] <Glacon> Ragazzo: Occult to draw the circle.: 4 (4df+4=0, 0, 0, 0)
[00:20] * Bright summons time to his palms, humming quietly to himself.
[00:20] <@Dexanote> eh, it's alright.
[00:20] <Tom90deg> Zoe takes a few steps back, standing clear.
[00:20] * Bright tags 'i know things' to help with the Maneuver
[00:20] <@Flames> 4df+4 Midnight studies this as well.
[00:20] <Glacon> Flames: Midnight studies this as well.: 5 (4df+4=0, 0, +, 0)
[00:20] * MartinSage shakes his head sadly.
[00:20] <Bright> 4df+4 channeling temporal energies
[00:20] <Glacon> Bright: channeling temporal energies: 4 (4df+4=+, 0, -, 0)
[00:21] <@Dexanote> … so that's like, a 9.
[00:22] <Gerald> Charon sighs. Sad part is, as is, the leader of this wonderful little convoy would probably accept this as a new member.
[00:22] <MartinSage> "If It fails I have some anti-material rounds for my rifle we can put it down with."
[00:22] * MartinSage looks very serious.
[00:22] <Ragazzo> Dusty takes a moment, scrawling complex magical algorithms over the circle.
[00:23] <@Dexanote> Chainshank walks by and stares. "… What the… hell?"
[00:23] <Ragazzo> Then…"Ok, I'm going for it. Ready…?"
[00:23] * MartinSage notes his proximity to the circle and prudently steps back, sitting down a lot farther back.
[00:23] <Ragazzo> He lays hands on the seat of the chair firmly.
[00:23] <@Flames> "Ready."
[00:23] <Gerald> "Magic strikes again, Reaper. They have created a sentient chair. One that dislikes being sat upon."
[00:23] * Bright_ (~PI.CAC65A8A.030A88A2.A0D59948|77tahCecI#PI.CAC65A8A.030A88A2.A0D59948|77tahCecI) has joined #afteraction
[00:24] <@Dexanote> "… the FUCK."
[00:24] <Tom90deg> "It's name is BRuce."
[00:24] <MartinSage> "Yeah. A fucking stone chair that doesn't like being sat on."
[00:24] <Ragazzo> 4df+8 I love you bruce, be happy, and a st. bernard.
[00:24] <Glacon> Ragazzo: I love you bruce, be happy, and a st. bernard.: 11 (4df+8=+, 0, +, +)
[00:24] <@Maddy> Alice is still watching, all of the flat face. Ever/
[00:24] <Gerald> "Oh, of course. How silly of me to forget. They named it Bruce."
[00:24] <@Dexanote> mages, defense
[00:24] <Ragazzo> 4df+4 Ahh!
[00:24] <Glacon> Ragazzo: Ahh!: 5 (4df+4=0, 0, +, 0)
[00:25] <@Dexanote> There's an intense, intense flash of heat and light as Bruce twitches and melts down, swirling into a red hot wad of stone.
[00:25] <Bright_> 4df+3
[00:25] <Glacon> Bright_: 2 (4df+3=+, 0, -, -)
[00:26] <Tom90deg> "Bloody hell!"
[00:26] <Gerald> "And now they killed dear Bruce. How sad."
[00:26] <Ragazzo> "Ahh, jesus!"
[00:26] <@Flames> 4df+2 Physical defense. (Add two for mental)
[00:26] <Glacon> Flames: Physical defense. (Add two for mental): 4 (4df+2=+, +, +, -)
[00:26] <Tom90deg> "Damn it…too much welly I guess…"
[00:26] <Bright_> "…What the fuck happened? That was one point away from perfect!"
[00:26] <Tom90deg> "What?"
[00:27] <Ragazzo> "What?"
[00:27] * Bright (~PI.CAC65A8A.030A88A2.A0D59948|77tahCecI#PI.CAC65A8A.030A88A2.A0D59948|77tahCecI) Quit ( Ping timeout )
[00:27] * Bright_ is now known as Bright
[00:27] <Tom90deg> Zoe carefully approaches the melted wad of stone. "Poor Bruce…"
[00:27] <Dodridge> "What?"
[00:27] <Ragazzo> "Wait…"
[00:27] <Bright> "Stand back! We're trying magic!"
[00:27] <Ragazzo> "It's not done yet."
[00:27] <Tom90deg> "It's not?"
[00:27] <Tom90deg> "Right then…"
[00:27] <@Maddy> Alice bursts out laughing at Joey.
[00:27] <Tom90deg> Zoe takes another few steps back.
[00:28] <Tom90deg> "Anything?"
[00:28] * MartinSage frowns.
[00:29] <@Dexanote> SUDDENLY the wad releases the rest of its heat upward, a cloud of dust obscuring the end result.
[00:30] <Ragazzo> Dusty gags and coughs.
[00:30] <Tom90deg> *Cough cough* "Bllarg…"
[00:30] <Ragazzo> He tries to wave away the cloud.
[00:30] <Bright> "Foo! Foo!"
[00:30] <Tom90deg> "Anyone see anything?"
[00:30] <@Dexanote> There's a very large stone cat lazily watching Dusty, laying on its side.
[00:30] * MartinSage (~ten.tsacmoc.ac.1dsh.E4B78136-CRInys|esaCH#ten.tsacmoc.ac.1dsh.E4B78136-CRInys|esaCH) Quit ( Quit: I can't do that, Dave. )
[00:31] <Ragazzo> "…cat."
[00:31] <Ragazzo> "…midnight?"
[00:31] <Ragazzo> "Help?"
[00:31] <Tom90deg> "Huh. Cat…Well, that's not a dog, but still! Come on kitty…."
[00:31] <@Dexanote> It's a longhair of some sort.
[00:31] <Ragazzo> He reaches out cautiously.
[00:31] <@Flames> Midnight walks over to regard the cat, giving a feline greeting.
[00:31] <@Maddy> "Jesus…"
[00:31] <@Dexanote> it stares at Zoe with a look of "what you want?"
[00:32] <&Sabitsuki> "Congratulations to Dusty, on becoming a Mom."
[00:32] <@Dexanote> rolls onto its stomach to look at Midnight. It's a terribly chubby cat.
[00:32] <&Sabitsuki> Iyo walks up and slow claps while nodding.
[00:32] <Ragazzo> Dusty chuckles.
[00:32] <Ragazzo> He goes to pet the stone cat.
[00:32] <Tom90deg> "Heh, well…BRuce the cat. AWesome."
[00:32] <Ragazzo> Very gently.
[00:32] * Bright peers at the stone cat, frowning. "a cat is not a dog. Who didn't clear thewir mind?"
[00:33] <@Dexanote> It kinda just looks at Dusty.
[00:33] <Ragazzo> "I was thinking of a dog…"
[00:33] <Ragazzo> "But I like this better."
[00:33] <@Dexanote> it bats his hand away and rolls onto its back
[00:33] <Ragazzo> Dusty tries belly rubs.
[00:33] <Gerald> "Oh, considerably better. Another cat, this one being absolutely useless. I still say we leave it."
[00:33] <Ragazzo> He is undeterred.
[00:33] <@Flames> Midnight watches this curiously.
[00:34] <Tom90deg> "IT's a huge stone cat. I bet he could be very useful."
[00:34] <@Dexanote> Its fur is like gravel but seems to like being rubbed.
[00:34] <&Sabitsuki> "This RP has a bad track record with cats."
[00:34] <Gerald> "Not if it displays the mindset of the chair."
[00:34] <&Sabitsuki> "I mean…"
[00:34] <Ragazzo> "Seriously…he must be super dense too…"
[00:34] <&Sabitsuki> Iyo touches her head.
[00:34] <Ragazzo> "Think of how tough he is…"
[00:35] <Ragazzo> He keeps rubbing, and smiling.
[00:35] <Ragazzo> Dusty is so happy right now.
[00:35] <Tom90deg> "Anywho, heh, Glad that worked out."
[00:35] <Ragazzo> "Indeed."
[00:35] <@Dexanote> Midnight can tell it's a fucking dumb cat.
[00:36] <@Dexanote> Dense indeed.
[00:36] * Bright glares at Iyo. "Excuse me. Breaking the fourth wall is MY shtick."
[00:36] <Tom90deg> Zoe goes over and picks up Midnight, scratching her ears. "Well, glad Dusty is happy."
[00:36] <@Dexanote> Shank throws his hands up and walks off.
[00:36] <&Sabitsuki> Iyo coughs. "Sorry, GM PCs and all that."
[00:37] <&Sabitsuki> "Anyway…"
[00:37] <Ragazzo> "…we can take it, right?"
[00:37] <Ragazzo> "Right"
[00:37] <Ragazzo> *?
[00:37] <Tom90deg> "Why not?"
[00:37] <Ragazzo> He hugs the cat.
[00:37] <Gerald> "Why?"
[00:37] <Ragazzo> "Oof!"
[00:37] <Bright> "How durable is the car? Cause, i have plans for a catapult…"
[00:37] <Gerald> "What purpose does it serve other than be a fat useless hunk of stone?"
[00:37] <@Dexanote> It glares at Charon
[00:37] <Tom90deg> "Well, we keep YOU around Charon."
[00:37] <@Dexanote> 4df+4 Angry Cat Stare.
[00:37] <Glacon> Dexanote: Angry Cat Stare.: 5 (4df+4=-, +, +, 0)
[00:38] <Dodridge> Charon, roll mental defense.
[00:38] <@Dexanote> intimidation. Reply with your own intimidation or MDef
[00:38] <Gerald> "And I have use! That is why I was accepted in the first place! I do not sit around when issues arise, I actually aid the Convoy in a meaningful way! This damned beast will, in absolutely no way shape or form, aid us!"
[00:39] <Gerald> 4df+4 Returning the intimidation
[00:39] <Glacon> Gerald: Returning the intimidation: 1 (4df+4=-, 0, -, -)
[00:39] <Ragazzo> "This damned beast is my first golem, hold your tongue."
[00:39] <Ragazzo> "I love it."
[00:39] <Tom90deg> "Heh, bit of a sore spot? And becides, Dusty likes him."
[00:39] <Ragazzo> He hugs Bruce.
[00:39] <Bright> "Can we make one that transforms?"
[00:40] <Gerald> 4df+6 Double Dark Ferryman
[00:40] <Glacon> Gerald: Double Dark Ferryman: 4 (4df+6=0, -, 0, -)
[00:40] <&Sabitsuki> lol
[00:40] <Gerald> 4df+4 Sorrys
[00:40] <Glacon> Gerald: Sorrys: 4 (4df+4=0, +, 0, -)
[00:40] <@Flames> "Don't be too sure of that, Charon." Midnight says. "He may be quite the hunter. I don't think I'd want to be its quarry."
[00:41] <Tom90deg> "Heh, bet you could help train him?"
[00:41] <@Dexanote> You realize, Charon, that this cat carries an unearthly level of distain for you.
[00:41] <@Flames> It's a cat, though. That's normal.
[00:41] <@Dexanote> unearthly
[00:41] <Ragazzo> Dusty provides more belly rubs.
[00:41] * Dexanote was kicked by Sabitsuki (PI.07EA0955.AF5E4523.DA653DA5|tibbiM#PI.07EA0955.AF5E4523.DA653DA5|tibbiM) Reason (Pun)
[00:41] * Dexanote (~ten.elbacogc.emoh.8DF857A-CRInys|alliztahc#ten.elbacogc.emoh.8DF857A-CRInys|alliztahc) has joined #afteraction
[00:41] * ChanServ sets mode +o Dexanote for #afteraction
[00:42] <Gerald> "….." The thing sleeps eventually.
[00:42] <Gerald> He doesn't.
[00:42] <Ragazzo> Stone cat, it might only pretend to sleep.
[00:42] <Ragazzo> "…hah!"
[00:42] <Ragazzo> "Quarry!"
[00:43] <Ragazzo> He reaches over, scratching behind midnight's ears.
[00:43] <Tom90deg> "Heh…So…This has been a intresting day."
[00:43] <Ragazzo> "Come on, bruce."
[00:43] <@Dexanote> Dusty your hands are bleeding on your cat. It hits you in the face with its tail.
[00:44] <@Dexanote> BOOF
[00:44] <Ragazzo> "Ow."
[00:44] <Gerald> "Bah!" Charon waves an off-hand at it and walks away.
[00:44] <Tom90deg> "Heh…Careful Dusty."
[00:44] <Ragazzo> That's ok, that's ok."
[00:44] <Ragazzo> "Had worse happen to me."
[00:44] <Ragazzo> He rubs his nose, standing.
[00:44] <@Flames> "Dusty, you're bleeding on me."
[00:44] <Ragazzo> "Sorry."
[00:45] <Tom90deg> "I think that cat is sharp."
[00:45] <Ragazzo> "Augh. When did this happen?"
[00:45] <Tom90deg> "Heh, be carefull Dusty."
[00:45] <Ragazzo> He looks at his palms.
[00:45] <Ragazzo> "Well. At least we have a fighter on our hands."
[00:46] <Bright> "
[00:46] <Ragazzo> "He's kind of like Betty. Living stone."
[00:46] <Bright> "Again. I have the plans for a catapult."
[00:46] <Ragazzo> "No."
[00:46] <Ragazzo> "He might break."
[00:46] <@Maddy> "It would be neat though."
[00:46] <Bright> "Next Golem needs to be made out of diamond."
[00:46] <Ragazzo> "No."
[00:47] <Bright> "Or be able to fly."
[00:47] <Ragazzo> "Both."
[00:47] <Ragazzo> "Diamond butterflies."
[00:47] <Dodridge> "Joey's right. We should launch it out of a catapult."
[00:47] <Bright> "Boooterflies."
[00:48] <Tom90deg> "Diamond butterflies with razor sharp wings…nice."
[00:48] * Bright pauses. "Shouldn't we write the word 'Adam' on his brow?"
[00:48] <@Maddy> "…" Snicker.
[00:48] <Ragazzo> "No."
[00:48] <Ragazzo> "Wait, why?"
[00:48] <Dodridge> Jason pulls a black grease pencil from his utility pouch and passes it to Joey. "Go forth."
[00:49] <Tom90deg> "What? Why?"
[00:49] <Ragazzo> "Don't you dare grafitti bruce."
[00:50] <Gerald> "Ah, dearest Corporal, we are most definitely /not/ going to be keeping this monstrosity…..yes?" Charon's walked over now that he sees Jason there.
[00:50] <Gerald> "Tell me we are not."
[00:50] <Gerald> "Please."
[00:50] <@Flames> "He's referring to the mythology of golems, Dusty." Midnight says.
[00:50] <Bright> "It's traditional for Golems."
[00:50] <Ragazzo> "Oh."
[00:50] <Ragazzo> "Only if he's ok with it."
[00:52] <Bright> "It's the Hebrew word for life. Traditionally, if you erase the name, the golem stops. But, if we put that on him, people in the know might waste time trying to erase the word.
[00:52] <Dodridge> "… No. We are not."
[00:52] <@Flames> "A little late, anyway, Joey. It's alive."
[00:52] * Sabitsuki (PI.07EA0955.AF5E4523.DA653DA5|tibbiM#PI.07EA0955.AF5E4523.DA653DA5|tibbiM) Quit ( Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client )
[00:52] <Ragazzo> "What. Why."
[00:52] <Tom90deg> "We're not keeping him? Why?"
[00:52] <Ragazzo> "It could be useful."
[00:53] <Gerald> Charon sighs audibly.
[00:53] <Gerald> "/Thank/ you! I am quite glad to see that there are at least several of us amongst here who speak with common sense."
[00:53] <Dodridge> "It's already sliced your hands open. We have no idea what it will do when we're not looking. It's made out of solid rock. It would be heavy. Hard to destroy."
[00:53] <Dodridge> "I can go on."
[00:54] <Ragazzo> "Accident."
[00:54] <@Dexanote> It kinda rolls around.
[00:54] <Ragazzo> "….look at him."
[00:54] * Dodridge looks.
[00:54] <@Maddy> "…It'll be fine on it's own I'm sure."
[00:54] <Tom90deg> "How about a trial? If Bruce behaves, we keep him."
[00:54] <Ragazzo> CHARM HIM, BRUCE
[00:55] <Dodridge> "A trial?"
[00:55] <@Maddy> "How about, it's a stone c-cat. Why do we n-need to keep it."
[00:55] <Dodridge> "This isn't a goddamned Adam Sandler movie where an inane test proves that it kicks ass after all."
[00:55] <Ragazzo> "It could totally kickass."
[00:55] <Ragazzo> "That tail is like a club."
[00:55] <Tom90deg> "You've kept your rabbits, why can't Dusty keep his pet?"
[00:56] <Ragazzo> *kick ass
[00:56] <Ragazzo> "Could help midnight hunt."
[00:56] <Dodridge> "The one he made by accident that sliced his hands up?"
[00:56] <Dodridge> "HEY! ALICE!"
[00:57] <@Maddy> "Im r-right here."
[00:57] <Tom90deg> "How bout Midnight takes him out, and sees how he does hunting?"
[00:57] <@Maddy> "Dude, t-the thing can barely move."
[00:57] <Dodridge> "Remember the last time Dancer and Cupid chopped your hands up? That was great!"
[00:57] <Dodridge> "Oh, WHAT? That never happened?"
[00:57] <Gerald> "How about we let it laze here for the rest of eternity?"
[00:57] <Dodridge> Jason trollfaces.
[00:57] <Ragazzo> "It's completely mobile."
[00:57] <@Maddy> "It's completely lazy."
[00:58] <@Dexanote> The Bruce lards over to Alice.
[00:58] <@Dexanote> that is, rolls clumsily
[00:58] <Dodridge> "I think Charon's right."
[00:58] <Ragazzo> "We'll get it into shape."
[00:58] <Dodridge> "…"
[00:58] <@Maddy> "Look at it!" she points "It's stone you c-can't put stone on a diet!"
[00:58] <Tom90deg> "If it brings back a sutably big hunt prize will you think about it?"
[00:58] <Dodridge> "By chipping pieces away?"
[00:58] <Ragazzo> "Magic stone cat golem."
[00:58] <Dodridge> "I'm not entirely sure a rock can lower its caloric intake."
[00:58] <Ragazzo> "Who says it can't exercise."
[00:59] <Dodridge> "I do."
[00:59] <Dodridge> "Because it's a rock."
[00:59] <Ragazzo> "Did you make him?"
[00:59] <@Maddy> "…" Alice flatfaces, throws her hands up and wanders off.
[00:59] <Ragazzo> "Because I did."
[00:59] <Dodridge> "You know what I'm gonna do?"
[00:59] <Dodridge> "I
[00:59] <Dodridge> "I'
[00:59] <Ragazzo> "You?"
[00:59] <Dodridge> "I'm gonna go put Oxide on, come back, and throw it as far as I can."
[01:00] <Ragazzo> "Like hell you are."
[01:00] * MartinSage (~ten.tsacmoc.ac.1dsh.E4B78136-CRInys|esaCH#ten.tsacmoc.ac.1dsh.E4B78136-CRInys|esaCH) has joined #afteraction
[01:01] <Dodridge> Jason keys his mic, still looking at Dusty. «Alice, could you warm up Oxide?»
[01:01] <@Maddy> "I'M RIGHT HERE!"
[01:01] <@Maddy> O_O
[01:01] <Gerald> Charon turns.
[01:01] <@Dexanote> Shank is just sitting on a fold-out chair about 40 feet away, head propped up in his hands.
[01:01] <Gerald> "When did you arrive, Alice?"
[01:01] <Ragazzo> Dusty is looking right back.
[01:02] <Bright> "Man, facebook REALLY doens't know what people want from it."
[01:02] <@Maddy> "But yea, I can." Alice only walked off acouple feet. Her morbid curiosity wouldnt let her go farther.
[01:02] <Dodridge> Jason grins. "I wouldn't throw Bruce."
[01:02] <Dodridge> "ButI'm still not sure what… Bruce does."
[01:03] <Ragazzo> "We'll find out."
[01:03] * Doctor_light (ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.5300FD19-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.5300FD19-CRInys|tibbiM) Quit ( Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client )
[01:03] <Ragazzo> "He probably can carry heavy loads. A matter of training him."
[01:03] <Dodridge> He looks at Zoe. "The reason I saved Alice's bunnies from the nuke is because she loves those bunnies to death, and because they're bunnies. There's not a lot of unknown factors about bunnies."
[01:03] <Dodridge> "Bruce the magic rock golem cat, though…"
[01:04] <Ragazzo> "Who could in all likelihood bite through enemies armor, and prowl our perimeter at night?"
[01:05] <Ragazzo> "Bruce is a good cat, I can tell already."
[01:05] <@Maddy> "Bruce is a fat lump."
[01:05] <Ragazzo> "He's practically a kitten. Technically."
[01:05] <@Dexanote> The Bruce licks the air
[01:05] <Ragazzo> "Give him time."
[01:06] <@Maddy> "I had a cat like him once. C-called her Crash. All it c-could do was eat and lard a-around."
[01:06] <Gerald> "One does not train cats. One trains dogs. Cats are lazy."
[01:06] <MartinSage> "Sir, I have 10 rounds still of mk211 if necessary."
[01:06] <Ragazzo> "Bruce is different. You can't say he's not."
[01:07] * MartinSage is leaning against the Stryker.
[01:07] <@Dexanote> "MYOW" Oh god it's the ugliest meow ever
[01:07] <PaulS_laptop> "Hey, Martin"
[01:07] <Gerald> "….."
[01:07] <@Maddy> Alcie tries to pick it up, with gloves.
[01:07] <@Maddy> "Fuck! It w-weighs more than JASON!"
[01:07] <Tom90deg> "It's made of solid rock."
[01:08] <PaulS_laptop> John's holding the 25mmSSM. He tosses it to Martin "shoot it with this"
[01:08] <Ragazzo> "Don't you dare shoot him."
[01:08] <@Maddy> Alice just stares at The Bruce.
[01:08] <@Maddy> "Bluuuuh."
[01:08] * MartinSage chuckles and hands it back to John.
[01:08] <Tom90deg> "Is this really such a big deal? It's not like he's going to take up a ton of space."
[01:08] <@Dexanote> The Bruce stares back, blinks and dopeysmiles
[01:08] <Tom90deg> "Can't you just let Dusty have him?"
[01:08] <Ragazzo> "OR even food."
[01:08] <MartinSage> "He might turn me into a radish or something. I'll leave the demo to you if Skipper wants, though."
[01:08] <Ragazzo> "He can't possibly eat."
[01:08] <PaulS_laptop> "fuckin hate cats"
[01:09] <@Dexanote> "MYOW"
[01:09] <@Dexanote> "MYOW"
[01:09] <@Dexanote> It rolls, with difficulty, onto its feet
[01:09] <@Maddy> "…stop that."
[01:09] <Ragazzo> "First thing, we teach him to be quiet."
[01:09] <@Dexanote> and waddles over to Dusty
[01:09] <@Dexanote> "MYOW"
[01:10] <Tom90deg> "Heh, he likes Dusty."
[01:10] <Ragazzo> Dusty smiles, gingerly patting Bruce with a bandaged palm.
[01:10] <Ragazzo> "Shhh, shhh, quiet time bruce."
[01:10] <@Dexanote> It plops down, sinking into the grass, swishing its tail and glaring at EVERYONE ELSE>
[01:10] <@Dexanote> 4df+3 ANGRY CAT STARE
[01:10] <Glacon> Dexanote: ANGRY CAT STARE: 1 (4df+3=-, -, +, -)
[01:10] <PaulS_laptop> "Jason, want me to blast it?"
[01:11] <Ragazzo> "Look, I'll make sure he trims down, and is useful."
[01:11] <Tom90deg> "That's just cruel."
[01:11] <Dodridge> "It sounds PISSED."
[01:11] <@Dexanote> "MYOW."
[01:11] <Tom90deg> "Is it reall that big of a deal? Just give it a chance."
[01:11] <@Dexanote> It's so fat
[01:11] <@Maddy> "Why is it t-that big of a deal to keep it?"
[01:11] <Dodridge> Jason takes a few steps closer, looking at it.
[01:11] <Dodridge> "How are you gonna make sure it trims down?"
[01:11] <Tom90deg> "Cause we're responsible for it."
[01:11] <@Dexanote> MYOW
[01:11] <Ragazzo> "I'll work something out."
[01:12] <Dodridge> "I mean, again, it's a *rock*."
[01:12] <Tom90deg> "We accidently made it, we're responsible."
[01:12] <@Maddy> "Its a stone cat. I d-don't think it needs looking after."
[01:12] <Gerald> "We are by no means responsible. We leave it, who will care?"
[01:12] <Ragazzo> "I'll work something out. One way or another."
[01:12] <Ragazzo> "Mages are responsible for their creations."
[01:13] * MartinSage sighs. "The world is ending and you made a stone cat."
[01:13] * Tom90deg (~moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.A90C65A3-CRInys|ged09moT#moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.A90C65A3-CRInys|ged09moT) Quit ( Quit: ~ Trillian Astra - www.trillian.im ~ )
[01:15] <Gerald> "At least the damned typewriter is being used, as apposed to….this."
[01:15] <Dodridge> "Or the ham."
[01:15] <@Dexanote> opposed
[01:15] <Gerald> "That ham was delicious."
[01:16] <Ragazzo> "The ham was almost worth it."
[01:16] <PaulS_laptop> "Ham is food. This is a cat. Not even an edible one."
[01:16] <MartinSage> "I would like to see what the 25mm would do to it, if it wasn't so lifelike." Sage muses.
[01:16] <PaulS_laptop> "Try it and see"
[01:16] <Ragazzo> "No."
[01:16] * Dawny (moc.ishcm.tneilc.A610044E-CRInys|tibbiM#moc.ishcm.tneilc.A610044E-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
[01:16] <Ragazzo> "I will turn your clothes into stone if you do."
[01:17] * MartinSage chuckles. "Nah, it seems like it's alive. Besides, I don't want to piss in someone's cornflakes before I know them."
[01:21] <@Dexanote> "MYOW"
[01:22] <Ragazzo> "Bruce, shhhh."
[01:22] <Salmander> "The fuck was that?"
[01:22] <Ragazzo> "Quiet time."
[01:22] <@Dexanote> i was wondering when someone got that
[01:22] <@Dexanote> "MYOW" oops
[01:23] <Dodridge> Jason heads to the front of the ICV.
[01:23] <Salmander> "That is the ugliest fuckin' meow I've ever heard. Who gave Midnight food poisonin'?"
[01:24] <Ragazzo> ICV?
[01:24] <Bright> "Myow."
[01:24] <@Dexanote> Suddenly Bruce is asleep.
[01:24] <Ragazzo> "Awwww."
[01:24] <Ragazzo> "He does sleep."
[01:24] <Ragazzo> "So cute."
[01:25] <Dodridge> He returns a minute later with a 20-pound sledge.
[01:25] <Bright> "ZZZZZ"
[01:25] <Ragazzo> "…."
[01:25] <Ragazzo> "Fuck you, Jason."
[01:25] * MartinSage whistles.
[01:25] <Gerald> Charon outright laughs at this sight.
[01:26] <Dawny> Jillian, somewhere, gets the feeling that Jason's about to do something that would offend her…she gets this feeling a lot.
[01:26] <Dodridge> "If it keeps myowing like that."
[01:27] <Dodridge> He cocks his head toward the sledge.
[01:27] <Ragazzo> "I'll make a damn muzzle. Keep that away from Bruce."
[01:28] <@Dexanote> The Bruce lightly bats the air
[01:28] <Dodridge> "It doesn't have LUNGS. It's a ROCK."
[01:28] <Ragazzo> "How do you god damn know that?"
[01:28] * MartinSage walks over to John and whispers something to him, then grins and chuckles.
[01:28] <Dodridge> "Look at Midnight. You can't muzzle her because she doesn't need air to talk :|"
[01:28] <@Flames> 4df+4 Midnight goes back to studying Bruce.
[01:28] <Glacon> Flames: Midnight goes back to studying Bruce.: 4 (4df+4=-, +, 0, 0)
[01:28] <Dodridge> "BECAUSE ROCKS DON'T NEED AIR."
[01:29] <Ragazzo> "MAGIC."
[01:29] <Salmander> "Y'know I gotta be honest that is a pretty annoyin' meow."
[01:29] <Ragazzo> "That is literally all I have to say."
[01:29] <Ragazzo> "The rules don't apply."
[01:33] <@Flames> Midnight finishes checking out Bruce. "Well, it mimics being a cat, but it's got no windpipe, no guts, no real organs. It does blink, though."
[01:33] <Ragazzo> "Mmmm."
[01:33] * MartinSage sighs and walks to his small tent and removes the barrel from his rifle, folding the bipod and wrapping it in a silicon cloth before placing it in the large case.
[01:34] <Ragazzo> "Maybe it was your influence that had him be a cat, midnight."
[01:34] <Dodridge> "HAH! I WIN!"
[01:34] <Ragazzo> "Not blaming you."
[01:34] <Dodridge> "And I'm not even magic!"
[01:34] <Ragazzo> "Win /what/?"
[01:34] <Gerald> Charon laughs again.
[01:34] <Ragazzo> "We still know nothing."
[01:35] <Dodridge> "Yes we do. It mimics being a cat, but it's got no windpipe, no guts, no real organs. It does blink, though."
[01:35] <Ragazzo> "Ok."
[01:35] <Ragazzo> "None of that means a muzzle won't work."
[01:35] <@Dexanote> it purrs. Really genuinely, like an ACTUAL cat
[01:35] <Ragazzo> "It's still making /sounds/, somehow."
[01:35] <Dodridge> "Yes, it does. If it's not making the sound with air, aka, a windpipe."
[01:35] <Ragazzo> "Awwwwwwwwwww."
[01:35] <Dodridge> "Then it works like Midnight."
[01:35] <@Flames> "Might have been. If he's like me, he can hunt. He does like you, though, Dusty. He could be content just sitting around, otherwise." Midnight considers. "I don't know if he'd be protective, though. Cats can be."
[01:35] <Ragazzo> "Midnight has a windpipe."
[01:36] <Dodridge> "Yeah, but she talks with magic."
[01:36] <Gerald> "MIDNIGHT IS NOT A USELESS STONE CAT."
[01:36] <Ragazzo> "Not always."
[01:36] <@Flames> "That's because breath and speech are separate."
[01:36] <Dodridge> "How else do you think she sounds like the Batman chick?"
[01:36] <Ragazzo> "Bruce is not useless!"
[01:36] <Ragazzo> "That's different."
[01:36] <Ragazzo> "That's just her voice."
[01:36] <Soulless> Alicel returns, bringing with him a slain hog with many puncture marks, although there appears to be no blood on him. He comes back to… an odd scene.
[01:36] * MartinSage walks back over, having wrapped up his gear for sleep.
[01:36] <Ragazzo> "The actual speech isn't magical."
[01:36] <@Maddy> Alice shake sher head and goes to feed her rabbits, letting them hop around in their pen.
[01:37] <Soulless> "…Hello. I brought a hog."
[01:37] <Ragazzo> "Only her telepathy."
[01:37] <Soulless> "Did something happen while I was away?"
[01:37] <MartinSage> "Hey Alicel, that was nice of you, man."
[01:37] <Dodridge> "We have a cat. The Bruce. He weighs more than I do, and is made of solid rock."
[01:37] <Dodridge> Jason's still holding the sledgehammer.
[01:38] <Soulless> "Hello, Bruce." Alicel reaches over and makes an attempt to pet the stone cat.
[01:38] <Ragazzo> "He's going to be useful."
[01:38] <@Dexanote> it's sleeping in a pile. YOu know those incredibly fat cats you see sometimes
[01:38] <MartinSage> "It's not a real cat. For all we know it's some magical horror thing waiting to eat us in our sleep."
[01:38] <@Dexanote> its like that made of stone. it's just sleeping.
[01:38] * MartinSage chuckles slightly.
[01:38] <Ragazzo> "I know exactly what it is."
[01:38] <@Flames> "No digestive tract. Can't eat."
[01:38] <Ragazzo> "I made it. It's perfectly safe."
[01:39] <Dodridge> "…"
[01:39] <Soulless> "…You made it?"
[01:39] <Ragazzo> "Yes."
[01:39] <Gerald> "We do not need destroy it. Simply…..leave it. Forget it ever existed. I doubt anyone will pay it mind, even the Insurgency. Undoubtedly a happier life than one it will have in the Insurgency."
[01:39] <Gerald> *CONVOY. IN THE CONVOY
[01:39] <Ragazzo> XD
[01:39] <MartinSage> "Not to argue since I don't know a damn thing about magic, but you have no idea how or why this thing came to life, Dusty."
[01:39] <Ragazzo> "I do."
[01:40] <Soulless> Alicel stares at the cat before grabbing the hog. "Is there a fir I can cook this on? Unless the group enjoys spoiled meat…"
[01:40] <Soulless> *fire
[01:40] <MartinSage> "You can honestly say you were intending to do this?"
[01:40] <Dodridge> "You can cook?"
[01:40] <Ragazzo> "I was trying to make a chair, and ended up with a lazy moving chair."
[01:40] <Ragazzo> "So we tried to make ti a happy, useful dog."
[01:40] <Ragazzo> "But got a cat."
[01:40] <Ragazzo> "Pretty damn close."
[01:40] <Ragazzo> "This was a triumph."
[01:41] <Soulless> "I do not have smell nor taste. But I can try to cook. It's when it turns brown. Yes?"
[01:41] * MartinSage puts his face in his hands again.
[01:41] <@Maddy> "I c-could teach you, Alicel."
[01:41] <MartinSage> "Sir, you should see if Doc wants to teach someone else how to cook. I'm sure Alicel will learn fast."
[01:41] <MartinSage> "Oh, hi Doc."
[01:42] <Soulless> "That would be nice, sir."
[01:42] <Ragazzo> Dusty begins erecting his tent around bruce.
[01:42] <@Dexanote> a cat IS fine too
[01:42] <Ragazzo> Shut up.
[01:42] <Soulless> Alicel carries the hog over to Alice. "What shall be done first?"
[01:42] * MisterFlames (~ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.16251B5-CRInys|SD#ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.16251B5-CRInys|SD) has joined #afteraction
[01:42] * ChanServ sets mode +o MisterFlames for #afteraction
[01:42] <MartinSage> "Are you seriously going to sleep with that thing?"
[01:43] <Ragazzo> "I'm making sure it stays safe."
[01:43] <MartinSage> "You do realize if it rolls over you're going to be a pancake, right?"
[01:43] <Ragazzo> "And I have to collar it."
[01:43] <@Maddy> "Well, first w-we got to take all the vicera out. K-keep it though, Midnight eats it."
[01:43] <Dodridge> The tent cannot be erected around him.
[01:43] <Dodridge> As it has a floor.
[01:43] <Soulless> "Rock can be very heat absorbent. Should the cat sun itself before the nightfall, there is no risk of Dusty being cold at night."
[01:44] <Ragazzo> Ah.
[01:44] <Ragazzo> Well, dusty leaves his tent where it is.
[01:44] <Ragazzo> No.
[01:44] <Ragazzo> He erects it just /behind/ Bruce.
[01:44] <Ragazzo> So that bruce is visible.
[01:45] <@Maddy> Alcie puts her rabbits back in their crate and heads over to the hog, showing Alicel how to butcher it. Though it's more like disection.
[01:45] <Ragazzo> From inside.
[01:45] * Ragazzo (ten.llebcap.ac2tks.lsd.1CA8D225-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.llebcap.ac2tks.lsd.1CA8D225-CRInys|tibbiM) Quit ( Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client )
[01:45] * Flames (~ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.16251B5-CRInys|SD#ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.16251B5-CRInys|SD) Quit ( Ping timeout )
[01:45] <Soulless> "Vicera. Right." Alicel watches curiously.
[01:46] <@Maddy> Along the way, Alice checks for any nasties that might make the meat inedible.
[01:46] <@Maddy> 4df+4 I am a vet damnit
[01:46] <Glacon> Maddy: I am a vet damnit: 2 (4df+4=0, 0, -, -)
[01:46] <@Maddy> >:|
[01:47] <PaulS_laptop> «Save the blood from that hog, please»
[01:47] <@Dexanote> You should cook pork.
[01:47] <@Maddy> 4df+4 tagging horse doctor cause srsly
[01:47] <Glacon> Maddy: tagging horse doctor cause srsly: 7 (4df+4=+, +, 0, +)
[01:47] <Gerald> Charon's walked off at this point.
[01:47] <@Dexanote> Shank walks over to the cat.
[01:47] <@Dexanote> 4df+4 he kicks it.
[01:47] <Glacon> Dexanote: he kicks it.: 1 (4df+4=-, -, -, 0)
[01:47] <Salmander> His leg breaks
[01:48] <@Dexanote> 4df+5 tagging FFF || The Bruce opens one eye and flicks his tail
[01:48] <Glacon> Dexanote: tagging FFF || The Bruce opens one eye and flicks his tail: 6 (4df+5=+, -, 0, +)
[01:48] <@Dexanote> It catches both of Shank's legs, smashing upwards and nicking a critical bit on his waist. he crumples. "FUCK."
[01:49] <Soulless> "The hardness of the cat can be measured by scratching various other minerals on its skin, Shank, sir. I am pretty sure… whatever you are made out of is not harder than any rock."
[01:49] <Salmander> Redd is momentarily tempted to tie up Shank.
[01:49] <@Dexanote> "FUCKING CAT. WHAT THE HELL IZZIS SHIT?!"
[01:49] <Soulless> "…Excepting, of course, the softest mineral of them all, talk."
[01:49] <Soulless> *talc
[01:49] <@Dexanote> He tries to pull himself together and drags himself away.
[01:50] <@Dexanote> "AAAAAGH." Note i didn't rehearse that
[01:50] <Soulless> "I am quite sure the cat is not made of talk, Shank sir."
[01:50] <MartinSage> "Need some help, Shank?"
[01:50] <Soulless> "But thank you for confirming this suspicion."
[01:50] <@Dexanote> "Y'know what FUCK YOU."
[01:50] <@Maddy> Alice find the hog to be in good health! Horrah! She keeps taking it appart.
[01:51] <@Dexanote> He shifts, pausing for a moment before wrapping into one stalk. "He's livid.
[01:51] <Soulless> "Duly noted, Shank, sir, You are free to fuck me when it is most convenient. I assume that's not at this moment."
[01:51] <@Dexanote> "…"
[01:51] <@Maddy> Alcie snickers a little.
[01:51] <Salmander> "Ahahahahaha."
[01:52] <@Dexanote> He heaves the Scythe back, before swinging it forward at ALICEL.
[01:52] <Salmander> "Shank looks like ya finally got a willin' partner to learn anatomy from."
[01:52] <@Dexanote> An instant before it hits he vanishes on a cold wind.