The City of Townsville

Oct 25 17:24:21 <PaulS_laptop> "Anybody want seal for dinner?"
Oct 25 17:24:47 <Nioki> 4df+4 Perception. Alanoch watches the coast for any signs of movement.
Oct 25 17:24:47 <Glacon> Nioki: Perception. Alanoch watches the coast for any signs of movement.: 5 (4df+4=0, 0, +, 0)
Oct 25 17:25:58 <PaulS_laptop> John continues puttering along in the direction of shore
Oct 25 17:26:07 <MisterFlames> Midnight keeps down, dry as much as she can.
Oct 25 17:26:23 <PaulS_laptop> "Midnight, you feeling anything yet?"
Oct 25 17:26:45 <Maddy> The weather is starting to pick up, getting a little windy and the watter a little choppy.
Oct 25 17:27:11 <Nioki> "The boat is safe in a storm, I hope."
Oct 25 17:27:34 * Soulless (~ude.olaffub.sseleriw.E5E96BC6-CRInys|alliztahc#ude.olaffub.sseleriw.E5E96BC6-CRInys|alliztahc) has joined #afteractionmission
Oct 25 17:27:43 <Dexanote> "Eh."
Oct 25 17:28:37 <PaulS_laptop> "You prob'ly don't wanna test that out"
Oct 25 17:28:52 <PaulS_laptop> The boat, up on plane, skips merrily over the chop
Oct 25 17:29:04 <PaulS_laptop> Anybody up by the bow is getting wet
Oct 25 17:29:27 <Dr_Kens> (For all the wrong reasons)
Oct 25 17:29:49 <Nioki> "I mean, the larger boat. Not this one. It may be better to take refuge at one of the ports if this is a serious storm."
Oct 25 17:29:58 <Maddy> As they get to the docks thers are crash of lightning and it starts to rain.
Oct 25 17:30:41 <MisterFlames> Midnight looks at the scene distastefully, but doesn't worry about it.
Oct 25 17:31:30 <Nioki> Alanoch flinches at the sudden flash and thunder. He stares where it came from.
Oct 25 17:31:42 <PaulS_laptop> "Oh great, we get to do this wet"
Oct 25 17:32:13 <Maddy> Scientifically speaking, the lightning came from the ground. It's just regular lightning
Oct 25 17:32:14 <MisterFlames> "At least you don't have to worry about hypothermia." Midnight says.
Oct 25 17:32:17 <PaulS_laptop> John pulls them up to a long dock that runs paralell to the shoreline.
Oct 25 17:33:58 <MisterFlames> Midnight regards the dock for getting out of the boat.
Oct 25 17:34:09 <Nioki> As in, the direction. Seeing as it presumably did not hit them, and thus was located elsewhere on the lateral plane.
Oct 25 17:34:36 <Maddy> Oh! further inland. Mostly just rain here.
Oct 25 17:35:02 <PaulS_laptop> John steps up on the dock with a line from the stern "Al, get the bow line."
Oct 25 17:35:15 <PaulS_laptop> and makes Our Heroes little dinghy fast
Oct 25 17:35:51 <Nioki> "I don't know how. Am I supposed to tie it? I don't know any knots."
Oct 25 17:35:57 <Dexanote> "Hhhh… Rain…"
Oct 25 17:36:27 <Maddy> It's raining pretty hard now. Big gloppy gobs of water. Anf more thunder.
Oct 25 17:36:48 <MisterFlames> "At least it's a low dock." Midnight says. Drenched kitty is drenched.
Oct 25 17:37:01 <PaulS_laptop> "Just wrap it around in a figure eight"
Oct 25 17:37:07 <PaulS_laptop> "then loop it once"
Oct 25 17:37:59 <Maddy> It's getting pretty dark.
Oct 25 17:38:01 <Nioki> Alanoch climbs out of the boat, nearly slipping, and messes with the bow line until it holds.
Oct 25 17:38:02 <PaulS_laptop> "hurry it up." John looks around. Where's the fuel dock in relation to him
Oct 25 17:38:49 <Nioki> Alanoch almost absentmindedly allows several threads of light to appear around them.
Oct 25 17:38:58 <Maddy> It's not far, just a few docks over.
Oct 25 17:39:44 <MisterFlames> Midnight looks around, tail drooping. "Where to, John?"
Oct 25 17:39:50 <PaulS_laptop> "Alrighty, first step we need to secure the pumps" he points to a series of gas station-esque pumps on the seawall by the fuel dock"
Oct 25 17:39:56 <Dexanote> Chainshank looks up.
Oct 25 17:40:10 <Dexanote> And he smiles.
Oct 25 17:40:15 <PaulS_laptop> "And see if we can find something we can liberate to haul the shit"
Oct 25 17:40:21 <Maddy> Anyone looking back towards the ship will note…they can't see it, it's getting that dark.
Oct 25 17:40:39 <PaulS_laptop> John sets off, clicking his taclight on.
Oct 25 17:40:57 <Maddy> Far too dark for 6pmish.
Oct 25 17:40:58 <Nioki> Every time lightning strikes, there's a sudden blinking appearance of black threads around Alanoch. Plenty of easy light, after all.
Oct 25 17:41:21 <PaulS_laptop> John looks up at the sky "fuckin dark"
Oct 25 17:41:37 <MisterFlames> Midnight walks along with John. "Really. Shouldn't be this dark, should it?"
Oct 25 17:41:45 <Nioki> "If it becomes difficult to see, I can raise the level of ambient light."
Oct 25 17:41:54 <PaulS_laptop> "Ain't no weatherman, but no, it ain't"
Oct 25 17:42:18 <Maddy> It some how rains harder, a if the raindrops are exceeding their terminal velocity.
Oct 25 17:42:24 <Nioki> "Should we warn the boat about this?"
Oct 25 17:42:44 <PaulS_laptop> "let's keep ourselves low profile at the moment, jus' in case there's somebody else" They should be on shore now, to loop around to the fuel dock "Nah, they can see it on radar"
Oct 25 17:43:01 <PaulS_laptop> "Anybody see a boat we can borrow?"
Oct 25 17:43:10 <Nioki> Alanoch walks alongside the others, looking around for anything that might be useful. Or dangerous.
Oct 25 17:44:09 <MisterFlames> Midnight concentrates, and sends a thought to Alice on the ship, ~Rain's very heavy here, and it's dark. We're looking around the docks, presently.~
Oct 25 17:44:12 <Nioki> "There are several smaller boats, and I saw one sailboat. I'm not sure about where they are relative to here, though."
Oct 25 17:44:43 <Maddy> There's a dock warehousey thing. Perception.
Oct 25 17:44:54 <PaulS_laptop> 4df
Oct 25 17:44:55 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: 3 (4df=+, +, +, 0)
Oct 25 17:45:44 <Nioki> 4df+4
Oct 25 17:45:44 <Glacon> Nioki: 4 (4df+4=+, -, 0, 0)
Oct 25 17:45:57 <Dexanote> God damn Dinnertime.
Oct 25 17:46:01 * Dexanote is now known as DexaDinner
Oct 25 17:46:02 <Maddy> ~Thank's Midnight. Looks like a bad storm from here.~
Oct 25 17:46:32 <MisterFlames> 4df+4
Oct 25 17:46:37 <MisterFlames> 4df+4 Kitty
Oct 25 17:46:38 <Glacon> MisterFlames: Kitty: 1 (4df+4=-, -, -, 0)
Oct 25 17:48:01 <Maddy> There's a flash of strange lightning, some how the light doesn't looks right and Midnight is a little dazed by it. John and Alanoch, however see a fuel tug aaaaaall the way over at what looks like it used to be a ferry way.
Oct 25 17:48:17 <MisterFlames> "I told Alice what's going on. That way we can maintain radio silence."
Oct 25 17:48:55 <Maddy> The group will also note there is no wind anymore, since the unatural darkness started.
Oct 25 17:49:00 <MisterFlames> Midnight blinks, "Light's playing tricks on me."
Oct 25 17:49:07 <Nioki> Alanoch closes his eyes, feeling the light as he absorbs it.
Oct 25 17:49:44 <Nioki> 4df+4 Luxomancy. Detecting differences from natural light.
Oct 25 17:49:45 <Glacon> Nioki: Luxomancy. Detecting differences from natural light.: 4 (4df+4=-, -, +, +)
Oct 25 17:50:16 <PaulS_laptop> "Found us somethin better. Fuel tug, over there" he gestures over in the direction of it "Let's go and get this shit done before things get any worse"
Oct 25 17:50:24 <PaulS_laptop> and promptly steps in that direction
Oct 25 17:51:20 <MisterFlames> Midnight follows John, and Dingo stays near her as well.
Oct 25 17:52:18 <Maddy> It's even darker now. Almost like it's late night.
Oct 25 17:52:39 <PaulS_laptop> "Shank, Alan, on me."
Oct 25 17:52:49 <PaulS_laptop> "Midnigh, you feeling anything yet?"
Oct 25 17:53:02 <MisterFlames> ~Getting darker over here.~ Midnight sends to Alice. "Let me check, John."
Oct 25 17:53:11 <Nioki> Alanoch keeps moving, threads of light appearing in front of him.
Oct 25 17:53:17 * Laito-Away (~moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.5D68B3DB-CRInys|sirhc#moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.5D68B3DB-CRInys|sirhc) has joined #afteractionmission
Oct 25 17:53:19 <MisterFlames> 4df+4 Occult Maneuver.
Oct 25 17:53:19 <Glacon> MisterFlames: Occult Maneuver.: 6 (4df+4=+, +, 0, 0)
Oct 25 17:53:34 <Maddy> The lightning is just…weird, Alanoch can't put his finger on it but everything is just wrong.
Oct 25 17:53:42 <MisterFlames> 4df+6 Perception and Occult to see if anything's out of the ordinary.
Oct 25 17:53:42 <Glacon> MisterFlames: Perception and Occult to see if anything's out of the ordinary.: 7 (4df+6=+, 0, +, -)
Oct 25 17:53:45 <Nioki> "This isn't right."
Oct 25 17:53:54 <DexaDinner> Shank creeps.
Oct 25 17:53:56 * DexaDinner is now known as Dexanote
Oct 25 17:54:19 <Nioki> "That lightning did not produce what it should have."
Oct 25 17:54:21 <Maddy> ~…really? Just looks like a shitty storm still…water's choppy, lightning…"
Oct 25 17:55:07 <Maddy> There's nothin expressly magic happening. The storm is just wrong. Alanoch might feel like he's not gathering as much light as he usually does.
Oct 25 17:55:14 <Maddy> If he can feel such a thing.
Oct 25 17:56:06 <Dexanote> Shank tilts his head, his facelights flickering on.
Oct 25 17:56:14 <Nioki> "I have enough light stored up for one or maybe two decent attacks. It's not coming through like it should, and I may not be able to get enough for more."
Oct 25 17:56:19 <Maddy> The space between the lighting flashes and thunder is almost non existant, the storm right on top of them.
Oct 25 17:56:43 <Maddy> Shank. Pdef.
Oct 25 17:56:53 <MisterFlames> ~Something's very wrong with this storm, although I'm not sure what.~ Midnight sends. "Let's get to that fuel tug, then. Or somewhere that we don't have to worry about lightning."
Oct 25 17:56:58 <PaulS_laptop> "We really should be getting this shit onward. Anybody see that fuel barge yet?"
Oct 25 17:57:47 * Strife (PI.D27C7677.26937DF1.0501ED89|tibbiM#PI.D27C7677.26937DF1.0501ED89|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
Oct 25 17:58:12 <Dexanote> 4df+3
Oct 25 17:58:12 <Glacon> Dexanote: 2 (4df+3=+, 0, -, -)
Oct 25 17:58:16 <MisterFlames> "Honestly, I'm having trouble seeing what's in front of me.
Oct 25 17:58:51 <Nioki> "This is not natural lightning. We may be unable to avoid it through normal means."
Oct 25 17:59:45 <PaulS_laptop> "Al, can you brighten things up some?"
Oct 25 17:59:52 <PaulS_laptop> "just a hair"
Oct 25 17:59:54 <Maddy> Shank is struck by lightning, but he doesn't catch on fire. Instead it coils around him, rolling all over. It tingles.
Oct 25 18:00:19 <Dexanote> "…"
Oct 25 18:00:29 <Dexanote> "… Alanoch. What is this?"
Oct 25 18:00:37 <Nioki> Black threads swarm him as the lightning strikes, soaking up the light.
Oct 25 18:00:43 <Nioki> "I don't know."
Oct 25 18:00:45 <MisterFlames> Midnight backs off and looks at the lightning.
Oct 25 18:01:03 <Dexanote> ???? used THUNDER WAVE! CHAINSHANK was paralyzed!
Oct 25 18:01:06 <Maddy> It starts to constrict and squeeze arouhd his arms.
Oct 25 18:01:18 <Maddy> Pdef again.
Oct 25 18:01:24 <Dexanote> 4df+3He creaks. "…"
Oct 25 18:01:30 <Dexanote> 4df+3 He creaks. "…"
Oct 25 18:01:31 <Glacon> Dexanote: He creaks. "…": 6 (4df+3=+, +, +, 0)
Oct 25 18:01:33 <Nioki> "Try grounding it with something metallic, perhaps?"
Oct 25 18:01:42 <Dexanote> "… Oh."
Oct 25 18:02:28 <PaulS_laptop> "Good idea" 4df thrown, John tries to stick his knife in the ground in contact with Shank's foot/root
Oct 25 18:02:31 <PaulS_laptop> 4df
Oct 25 18:02:31 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: 0 (4df=+, +, -, -)
Oct 25 18:02:41 <Dexanote> He roots, and digs deeper into the ground. "Stand tah fuck back I got this."
Oct 25 18:02:45 <Maddy> The lightning jumps out from Shank! Pdef everyone else.
Oct 25 18:02:56 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+2
Oct 25 18:02:56 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: 3 (4df+2=-, +, +, 0)
Oct 25 18:03:15 <Nioki> 4df+2 Ow.
Oct 25 18:03:15 <Glacon> Nioki: Ow.: 1 (4df+2=-, 0, -, +)
Oct 25 18:03:52 * Flames (~ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.16251B5-CRInys|SD#ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.16251B5-CRInys|SD) has joined #afteractionmission
Oct 25 18:03:52 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Flames
Oct 25 18:04:09 <Maddy> pdef kitty
Oct 25 18:04:12 <Flames> 4df+2 Midnight
Oct 25 18:04:13 <Glacon> Flames: Midnight: 5 (4df+2=+, +, +, 0)
Oct 25 18:04:31 * Received a CTCP PING 1319580272 from Flames
Oct 25 18:05:21 * MisterFlames has quit (Ping timeout)
Oct 25 18:05:35 <Maddy> The electricity hits all three, but just dissapates for John and Midnight. Alanoch feels a jolt and is knocked to the ground.
Oct 25 18:05:48 <Maddy> No body loss.
Oct 25 18:05:58 * Soulless has quit (Ping timeout)
Oct 25 18:06:25 <Dexanote> "Neva killed a bolt of lightnin' before. This will be fun."
Oct 25 18:06:28 <Flames> "That's very odd."
Oct 25 18:07:08 <Nioki> "Ow."
Oct 25 18:07:21 <Maddy> The water is starting to sting when it hits.
Oct 25 18:07:34 <Nioki> He climbs back to his feet, and looks up at the sky.
Oct 25 18:07:36 <Maddy> Almost like it were hailing, but its still water
Oct 25 18:07:38 <Dexanote> He unroots, and looks to the sky. "Alright, come an' get me."
Oct 25 18:07:41 <PaulS_laptop> "Y'allright, al?"
Oct 25 18:07:46 <Nioki> "Yes."
Oct 25 18:08:03 <PaulS_laptop> "Guys, we're really runnin out of time, let's make a run for it"
Oct 25 18:08:10 <PaulS_laptop> John picks up the pace
Oct 25 18:08:20 <Flames> "Can you see the boat?" Midnight says as she follows.
Oct 25 18:08:25 <Maddy> How tall is Shank at the moment?
Oct 25 18:08:46 <Nioki> Alanoch throws out more light threads. After all, he just gathered rather a lot.
Oct 25 18:09:17 <Dexanote> Shank's about 7 foot. Average. no mohawk.
Oct 25 18:09:22 <PaulS_laptop> 4df perc can he see the boat?
Oct 25 18:09:23 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: perc can he see the boat?: -3 (4df=-, 0, -, -)
Oct 25 18:10:00 <Nioki> 4df+4 Alanoch has better eyesight.
Oct 25 18:10:01 <Glacon> Nioki: Alanoch has better eyesight.: 4 (4df+4=+, -, -, +)
Oct 25 18:10:12 <Maddy> It gets brighter for a moment, but then gets even darker. John gets rain in his eyes, but Alanoch can see they're almost there.
Oct 25 18:10:21 <Nioki> "We're close."
Oct 25 18:10:31 <Flames> 4df+6 Tagging Here Kitty Kitty for night vision, Perception
Oct 25 18:10:32 <Glacon> Flames: Tagging Here Kitty Kitty for night vision, Perception: 6 (4df+6=0, 0, -, +)
Oct 25 18:11:58 <Maddy> Midnight can see it too.
Oct 25 18:12:25 <Maddy> The tug bobs in the choppy waters, odd since there is no wind to be felt.
Oct 25 18:12:31 <PaulS_laptop> "lead on, then, I can't see shit"
Oct 25 18:12:35 <Flames> "Okay, then. Let's go. I see it, too." Midnight heads ahead, with Dingo following. She might be hard to see, but a cream colored wolf isn't so."
Oct 25 18:12:39 * Dr_Kens has quit (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.87 [Firefox 7.0.1/20110928134238])
Oct 25 18:13:30 <Dexanote> 4df+3 Shank pivots and launches himself towards the tug.
Oct 25 18:13:31 <Glacon> Dexanote: Shank pivots and launches himself towards the tug.: 4 (4df+3=0, 0, 0, +)
Oct 25 18:13:55 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3 athletics John is hauling ass
Oct 25 18:13:55 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: athletics John is hauling ass: 1 (4df+3=-, +, -, -)
Oct 25 18:14:24 <Nioki> 4df Athletics. Alanoch is not fit.
Oct 25 18:14:24 <Glacon> Nioki: Athletics. Alanoch is not fit.: 0 (4df=0, +, -, 0)
Oct 25 18:14:44 <Flames> 4df+2 Midnight's quick kitty.
Oct 25 18:14:44 <Glacon> Flames: Midnight's quick kitty.: 1 (4df+2=-, 0, +, -)
Oct 25 18:15:06 <Maddy> Shank closes the distance is seconds, seeing the rope that is barely holding the ship in place
Oct 25 18:16:31 <Dexanote> He digs into the ground and skids in the bud, lashing several fingers around the rope. "Hurry up, bleeders."
Oct 25 18:16:54 <Flames> "Working on it."
Oct 25 18:17:10 <PaulS_laptop> John arrives, winded
Oct 25 18:17:16 <PaulS_laptop> "fuckin rain"
Oct 25 18:17:35 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3 ath, he leaps for the tug
Oct 25 18:17:35 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: ath, he leaps for the tug: 5 (4df+3=0, +, 0, +)
Oct 25 18:17:36 <Nioki> Alanoch almost slips, but arrives shortly after.
Oct 25 18:18:13 <Dexanote> 4df+3 He follows John.
Oct 25 18:18:14 <Glacon> Dexanote: He follows John.: 3 (4df+3=+, -, -, +)
Oct 25 18:18:17 <Maddy> Other than the weird lightning, it's completely dark now. -2 to perception.
Oct 25 18:18:31 <Maddy> John and Shank make it easily.
Oct 25 18:19:05 <Nioki> Alanoch seems especially disquieted.
Oct 25 18:19:22 <Flames> 4df+2 Kitty jump
Oct 25 18:19:23 <Glacon> Flames: Kitty jump: 1 (4df+2=-, +, -, 0)
Oct 25 18:19:35 <PaulS_laptop> John attempts to start up the tug "everyone, get the fuck on. When we pass the Zodiac, Al and shank, y'all get on it and get ready to split"
Oct 25 18:19:43 <PaulS_laptop> "I'll fill the tug"
Oct 25 18:20:00 <Nioki> He pauses. Is there a way on that doesn't involve jumping?
Oct 25 18:20:04 <Maddy> Midnight doesn't quite make it, splooshing intpo the water.
Oct 25 18:20:13 <Maddy> No/
Oct 25 18:20:20 <PaulS_laptop> John reaches over to fish midnight out
Oct 25 18:20:39 <Maddy> Athletics to keep above water!
Oct 25 18:20:55 <Nioki> "Can't you bring it any closer?"
Oct 25 18:21:43 <PaulS_laptop> "gimmie a sec, will ya"
Oct 25 18:23:30 <Flames> 4df+2 Swimming
Oct 25 18:23:30 <Glacon> Flames: Swimming: 2 (4df+2=0, +, 0, -)
Oct 25 18:23:45 <PaulS_laptop> he continues to try and fish midnight out
Oct 25 18:24:14 <Maddy> Athletics to grab tiny kitteh
Oct 25 18:24:38 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3
Oct 25 18:24:38 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: 3 (4df+3=-, 0, +, 0)
Oct 25 18:24:49 <Maddy> KITTY GET!
Oct 25 18:25:14 <PaulS_laptop> "Shank, see if you can pull us closer"
Oct 25 18:25:36 <PaulS_laptop> john starts firing up thetug's engine
Oct 25 18:25:43 <Dexanote> "… Uh. Ok."
Oct 25 18:25:56 <Dexanote> "To…?"
Oct 25 18:25:58 <Maddy> There's a slight breaze again…still not nearly as strong as water would have you believe
Oct 25 18:26:05 <Flames> Midnight is grabbed, and hops into the tug. "Tough being a kitty here."
Oct 25 18:26:13 <PaulS_laptop> :to the dock"
Oct 25 18:26:27 <PaulS_laptop> "so we don't end up with another person to be fished out"
Oct 25 18:26:29 <Dexanote> He stares at the wheel and controls. "… Okay."
Oct 25 18:26:34 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+4 engineering start the ship
Oct 25 18:26:35 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: engineering start the ship: 5 (4df+4=-, +, +, 0)
Oct 25 18:27:30 <Dexanote> He takes the wheel and tries to turn towards the dock.
Oct 25 18:29:00 <Maddy> The ship starts and Shank sends them careening ingto the dock. KLUNG!
Oct 25 18:29:22 <Maddy> Alanoch could hop in easily now.
Oct 25 18:29:32 <Nioki> Alanoch waits for it to still, and calmly steps aboard.
Oct 25 18:29:46 <Nioki> "Thank you."
Oct 25 18:29:57 <Dexanote> "You know, one time I flew a plane. Only reason I did taht was cuz i was fireproof."
Oct 25 18:30:00 <Dexanote> "… So, uh, yeah."
Oct 25 18:30:39 <Flames> "This does not reassure me," Midnight says.
Oct 25 18:30:53 <Maddy> The wind is picking up, and it seems to be getting brighter.
Oct 25 18:31:37 <PaulS_laptop> John casts them off "Shank, get us to the fuel dock, please"
Oct 25 18:31:56 <Dexanote> "… Kay."
Oct 25 18:32:10 <Dexanote> *Wheel wheel wheel**CRAAAANK*
Oct 25 18:32:57 <Nioki> Alanoch looks around for signs of anything that could be dangerous.
Oct 25 18:33:23 <Maddy> They bob around in the choppy water, the wind is really going now. It's still dark, but iy seems more natural now. -2 penalty removed.
Oct 25 18:33:42 <Flames> "Okay, this is better." Midnight says.
Oct 25 18:33:59 <Maddy> Perception.
Oct 25 18:34:04 <Nioki> 4df+4
Oct 25 18:34:05 <Glacon> Nioki: 7 (4df+4=0, +, +, +)
Oct 25 18:34:06 <PaulS_laptop> "least I can sorta see"
Oct 25 18:34:07 <Dexanote> 4df+2
Oct 25 18:34:07 <Glacon> Dexanote: 2 (4df+2=-, +, -, +)
Oct 25 18:34:08 <PaulS_laptop> 4df
Oct 25 18:34:09 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: -1 (4df=+, 0, -, -)
Oct 25 18:34:20 <Maddy> John gets more in his eyes.
Oct 25 18:34:22 <Nioki> Alanoch sees it all.
Oct 25 18:34:23 <Maddy> *water
Oct 25 18:34:53 * AndChat (~ten.ralugnicym.C4479E3D-CRInys|tahCdnA#ten.ralugnicym.C4479E3D-CRInys|tahCdnA) has joined #afteractionmission
Oct 25 18:35:05 <Maddy> Alanoch can see the remains of the Magnetic Island ferry sticking out of the waves, sharp bits of metal everywhere.
Oct 25 18:35:44 * AndChat is now known as soulonphone
Oct 25 18:36:04 <Nioki> He points, and his light threads appear, highlighting it.
Oct 25 18:36:26 <Dexanote> "Hm. Looks like we've got a Kraken on our 'ands."
Oct 25 18:36:57 <PaulS_laptop> "a what?"
Oct 25 18:36:58 <Flames> "I hope not," Midnight says.
Oct 25 18:37:05 <Flames> 4df+4 Perception
Oct 25 18:37:05 <Glacon> Flames: Perception: 4 (4df+4=0, -, 0, +)
Oct 25 18:37:41 <Nioki> "Aren't coastal waters too shallow to support something like that? Everything I've read says that they're gigantic."
Oct 25 18:38:01 <Maddy> Kitty can see the wreckage too
Oct 25 18:38:14 <Dexanote> "Magic, sparky."
Oct 25 18:40:08 <Maddy> With Alanoch's light, you'd have to be pretty stupid to hit the metal.
Oct 25 18:40:31 <Dexanote> Shank does his best to not Dusty it up.
Oct 25 18:41:25 <PaulS_laptop> 4df perc how close're they to the fuel dock
Oct 25 18:41:26 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: perc how close're they to the fuel dock: -2 (4df=0, -, -, 0)
Oct 25 18:41:39 <Dexanote> 4df+2 same. Shank approaches the fuel dock the best he can.
Oct 25 18:41:39 <Glacon> Dexanote: same. Shank approaches the fuel dock the best he can.: 2 (4df+2=-, +, -, +)
Oct 25 18:41:51 * soulonphone has quit (Quit: Bye)
Oct 25 18:42:00 <Flames> 4df+4 Midnight looks around, and sees if she can guide John.
Oct 25 18:42:00 <Glacon> Flames: Midnight looks around, and sees if she can guide John.: 4 (4df+4=+, -, -, +)
Oct 25 18:42:10 <PaulS_laptop> "fuckin salt on my glassees" he takes them off to wipe them down
Oct 25 18:42:13 <Maddy> Shank manages to bring them up. John gets hit in the face with seaweed.
Oct 25 18:42:44 <PaulS_laptop> he wipes the seaweed off his face "same as before, Al, you get the bow line, I've got stern"
Oct 25 18:43:28 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3 and he does so, grabbing the stern line and hopping off to make it fast
Oct 25 18:43:28 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: and he does so, grabbing the stern line and hopping off to make it fast: 1 (4df+3=+, -, -, -)
Oct 25 18:43:30 <Nioki> "I really think it would be better if someone who knows how to tie knot correctly does it…" Alanoch says as he moves to comply.
Oct 25 18:43:40 <PaulS_laptop> "There's no knot to tie"
Oct 25 18:43:50 <Nioki> "There isn't?"
Oct 25 18:43:59 <Nioki> "Oh. What do I do?"
Oct 25 18:44:13 <PaulS_laptop> "wrap it around the cleat in a figure eight"
Oct 25 18:44:35 <PaulS_laptop> "then loop it once around one of the horns
Oct 25 18:44:59 <Nioki> He does his best to follow the directions yet again.
Oct 25 18:45:39 <PaulS_laptop> "Al, there should be a cap that says "Diesel" on one of the gunwales"
Oct 25 18:45:39 <Maddy> The lightning clatters again, looking normal again, and the thunder follows a little behind
Oct 25 18:45:58 <Dexanote> Shank climbs atop the wheelhouse.
Oct 25 18:46:22 <Nioki> "What's a gunwhale?"
Oct 25 18:46:23 <Dexanote> "Aww… I wanted to fight a stormcloud."
Oct 25 18:46:37 <PaulS_laptop> "the side"
Oct 25 18:47:37 <Nioki> Alanoch looks for said Diesel cap.
Oct 25 18:47:49 <Flames> Midnight does as well.
Oct 25 18:48:31 <PaulS_laptop> john looks too
Oct 25 18:48:41 <Maddy> If they can read they find it
Oct 25 18:49:40 <PaulS_laptop> "Think it's cleared up enough to signal Jason?"
Oct 25 18:50:15 <Flames> "I can send a telepathic signal." Midnight says. "No idea if he'll see a flare."
Oct 25 18:50:23 <PaulS_laptop> "good idea"
Oct 25 18:50:59 <Flames> ~Jason? We're on a tug, and we've found the fuel tanks.~
Oct 25 18:51:09 <PaulS_laptop> "Let's see if we can't get this thing fueled up and get some goodies while we're here"
Oct 25 18:51:11 <Nioki> Alanoch keeps an eye to the sky. Just getting left alone by weird stuff that attacks them isn't normal.
Oct 25 18:51:30 <PaulS_laptop> John waves to the rest of them to come along
Oct 25 18:51:46 * Soulless (~ude.olaffub.sseleriw.1B17749D-CRInys|alliztahc#ude.olaffub.sseleriw.1B17749D-CRInys|alliztahc) has joined #afteractionmission
Oct 25 18:51:57 <PaulS_laptop> "Anybody got anything on their shopping list? the offices should have shit to steal"
Oct 25 18:52:13 <Dexanote> "Do they 'ave a mature pumpkin plant?"
Oct 25 18:52:19 <E4D> ~Out-fucking-standing! Can we bring the boat into harbor?~
Oct 25 18:52:25 <Dexanote> "Fresh, not one of thos plastic shits?"
Oct 25 18:52:33 <PaulS_laptop> "Doubt it"
Oct 25 18:52:52 <Dexanote> "Then no."
Oct 25 18:53:33 <PaulS_laptop> "Al, midnight?"
Oct 25 18:53:44 <Nioki> "Warn them about the wreckage, Midnight."
Oct 25 18:54:17 <Nioki> "I can not think of anything pressing. If I could fine a more powerful flashlight, though, that would be useful."
Oct 25 18:55:20 <Maddy> The now normal storm seems to be dying down. Thunder is getting farther and farther away.
Oct 25 18:55:26 <Flames> ~I wouldn't, there's the wreckage of a ferry here, and it's dark as midnight.~
Oct 25 18:55:34 <PaulS_laptop> "Should be a big portable spotlight somewhere in the tug"
Oct 25 18:55:47 <Maddy> Its not dark anymore.
Oct 25 18:55:48 <Nioki> "I mean, one I could carry with me."
Oct 25 18:56:05 <PaulS_laptop> "yeah, so do I"
Oct 25 18:56:07 <Flames> "Jason is asking if he can bring the ship in. The ferry would interfere with that, right?~
Oct 25 18:56:16 <Flames> " not ~
Oct 25 18:56:22 <PaulS_laptop> "big, battery powered million candlepower thing"
Oct 25 18:56:40 <PaulS_laptop> "tell him to wait outside the inlet"
Oct 25 18:56:53 <Flames> ~John says to wait outside of the inlet.~
Oct 25 18:57:20 <Maddy> The ferry wrecage is over by the ferry dock. The ship /should/ be able to get in without too much hassel.
Oct 25 18:57:22 <Nioki> "Something easy to bring along. Pocket sized, preferably. I don't think a portable spotlight would be the easiest."
Oct 25 18:59:32 <PaulS_laptop> "Well, let's see what they've got" John motions for them to come along "we should get this thing fuelling. midnight, tell Jason that once we fill this thing up we'll signal him to bring 'er in. he should be able to fit it in here"
Oct 25 19:00:20 <Flames> ~Okay, Jason? John's looked it over, and thinks you can fit in here. Once we fill the tug, we'll signal you to bring her in. Okay?~
Oct 25 19:02:10 <PaulS_laptop> John steps off to the fuel pumps "Someone, run the hose to the barge's tanks. I'll get the pump running"
Oct 25 19:03:54 <E4D> ~Got it, Midnight.
Oct 25 19:04:58 <Flames> "John, Jason acknowledges."
Oct 25 19:05:26 <Maddy> The pump seems to still be in working order, no fixen' required. Now that ther storm is still dying, it's easy to see that the port looks fairly well taken care of.
Oct 25 19:07:32 <PaulS_laptop> he yells "pump works, turning the shit on on your signal!"
Oct 25 19:08:24 * Strife has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Oct 25 19:08:25 <Maddy> There's a nearby office and a few warehouses.
Oct 25 19:09:01 <PaulS_laptop> John walks over to the office anyway, which is where the fuel pump on switch would be
Oct 25 19:09:19 <Flames> Midnight follows John.
Oct 25 19:09:22 <PaulS_laptop> he keeps an eye on whoever's supposed to be pumping fuel
Oct 25 19:09:43 <Maddy> The door is locked.
Oct 25 19:09:50 <Nioki> Alanoch follows after.
Oct 25 19:09:59 <Dexanote> Shank is there too.
Oct 25 19:10:00 <Maddy> Perception, whoever is going to the building.
Oct 25 19:10:05 <PaulS_laptop> "Al, take that fuel hose and run it down to the docks"
Oct 25 19:10:05 <Dexanote> 4df+2
Oct 25 19:10:05 <Glacon> Dexanote: 5 (4df+2=+, 0, +, +)
Oct 25 19:10:06 <Nioki> 4df+4
Oct 25 19:10:07 <Glacon> Nioki: 5 (4df+4=+, +, 0, -)
Oct 25 19:10:08 * Strife (PI.D27C7677.26937DF1.0501ED89|tibbiM#PI.D27C7677.26937DF1.0501ED89|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
Oct 25 19:10:09 <PaulS_laptop> 4df
Oct 25 19:10:10 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: 0 (4df=-, 0, +, 0)
Oct 25 19:10:16 <Flames> 4df+4 Midnight
Oct 25 19:10:16 <Glacon> Flames: Midnight: 3 (4df+4=+, -, 0, -)
Oct 25 19:10:37 <Dexanote> "Locked?"
Oct 25 19:11:05 <PaulS_laptop> "yep. not for long, though"
Oct 25 19:11:24 <Maddy> Cancel that percept
Oct 25 19:11:26 <Nioki> "As I have been saying, you are asking me to do things which I do not understand how to do. If you're scouting around, I'll be much more useful here."
Oct 25 19:11:41 <Dexanote> 4df+5 He raises a hand and impales the door.
Oct 25 19:11:41 <Glacon> Dexanote: He raises a hand and impales the door.: 4 (4df+5=+, 0, -, -)
Oct 25 19:12:22 <PaulS_laptop> "Keep forgetting you never pumped gas before. Alright, y'all wait here"
Oct 25 19:12:32 <PaulS_laptop> "well, not wait. Find the switch for the pumps"
Oct 25 19:12:44 <PaulS_laptop> "I'll run the hose down and radio when I'm ready"
Oct 25 19:12:57 * Laito-Away (~moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.5D68B3DB-CRInys|sirhc#moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.5D68B3DB-CRInys|sirhc) has left #afteractionmission
Oct 25 19:12:59 <Maddy> The door is easily gotten rid of, and the smell of death and rot hits them in the face
Oct 25 19:13:14 <Maddy> It's groce
Oct 25 19:13:33 <Dexanote> "Oh hey. Dead stuff."
Oct 25 19:13:39 <PaulS_laptop> John hasn't left for the hose yet, so he notices it "Ayep"
Oct 25 19:13:40 <Maddy> Mdef to not vommit, if you can vomit.
Oct 25 19:13:54 <Maddy> It's that nasty,
Oct 25 19:13:59 <Dexanote> 4df+2 Perc. He fingerscoots in. Lights flicker.
Oct 25 19:13:59 <Glacon> Dexanote: Perc. He fingerscoots in. Lights flicker.: 3 (4df+2=+, -, +, 0)
Oct 25 19:14:03 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+4
Oct 25 19:14:04 <Glacon> PaulS_laptop: 5 (4df+4=0, 0, 0, +)
Oct 25 19:14:30 <Nioki> 4df+4
Oct 25 19:14:31 <Glacon> Nioki: 3 (4df+4=+, 0, -, -)
Oct 25 19:14:42 <Nioki> (Mdef)
Oct 25 19:14:50 <Maddy> Alanoch barely doesn't puke, John a ok.
Oct 25 19:15:14 <Nioki> "Ugh."
Oct 25 19:15:33 <Flames> 4df+4 No puke.
Oct 25 19:15:33 <Glacon> Flames: No puke.: 6 (4df+4=+, +, +, -)
Oct 25 19:15:54 <Flames> "Dingo, stay away from that."
Oct 25 19:16:13 <Maddy> Inside Shank can see the corpse of a man, a needle in his arm. His eyes are rotted out of his head and theres human fith and dead animals all oer the place.
Oct 25 19:16:25 <Maddy> The switch is easy enough to find though.
Oct 25 19:16:41 <Nioki> "Suicide?"
Oct 25 19:16:57 <Dexanote> "Looks like it."
Oct 25 19:17:20 <Dexanote> "Hm. Neva saw this guy. Someone else musta got 'm." he shrugs
Oct 25 19:17:20 <PaulS_laptop> "Possible OD"
Oct 25 19:18:03 <PaulS_laptop> John shrugs
Oct 25 19:18:22 <Maddy> Theres a fair amount of drug parafenlelia around as well.
Oct 25 19:18:38 <Dexanote> "Reminds me of me early days."
Oct 25 19:18:50 <PaulS_laptop> "Early days?"
Oct 25 19:19:15 <Dexanote> "Bunch of high kids woke me up in a basement, mm?"
Oct 25 19:19:42 <Flames> Midnight looks the things over carefully. Anything salvagable?
Oct 25 19:20:12 <Maddy> There are some cigarettes and some unopened cans of food. nothing really of note.
Oct 25 19:20:33 <Flames> "Some of this might be useful, what do you think, John?"
Oct 25 19:21:56 <PaulS_laptop> "Grab the cigs for Kay and Jason, and hit the gas pumps"
Oct 25 19:22:15 <Flames> "And should we look around for anything else, once the barge is full?" Midnight heads over to the switch, she can handle that.
Oct 25 19:22:44 <PaulS_laptop> "Just anything you might want to steal. Probably some shit in the warehouses"
Oct 25 19:24:03 <Flames> "Unless they've got cat or dog food, or a feline-sized tank, I think I'm good." Midnight hits the switch.
Oct 25 19:24:12 <Maddy> It goes!
Oct 25 19:25:19 <PaulS_laptop> "I'll loot later. Hey alanoch, c'mere and learn how ta pump gas"
Oct 25 19:25:32 <PaulS_laptop> John steps off to the pump itself, and grabs the hose
Oct 25 19:25:42 <Nioki> Alanoch follows.
Oct 25 19:27:06 <PaulS_laptop> John pulls the hose as he walks, it unspooling as he goes
Oct 25 19:27:12 <Dexanote> Shank stays FAR THE FUCK AWAY from the gas
Oct 25 19:28:20 <E4D> Jeez, Shank, why so volatile? Such incendiary reactions.
Oct 25 19:28:24 <Maddy> The wind has died down, and the rain has stopped. it's pretty warm.
Oct 25 19:28:26 <Nioki> …
Oct 25 19:28:28 <E4D> No need to be so hot-heated.
Oct 25 19:28:36 <PaulS_laptop> "It's easy. undo the cap on the tank"
Oct 25 19:28:44 <Nioki> He does so.
Oct 25 19:28:45 <PaulS_laptop> "then stick the hose in"
Oct 25 19:28:47 <Flames> Midnight takes Dingo and the two of them go exploring.
Oct 25 19:28:48 <PaulS_laptop> John does so
Oct 25 19:29:03 <PaulS_laptop> "then hold the valve open. Jus' like for a car"
Oct 25 19:31:06 <Nioki> "I have never refueled a car, either."
Oct 25 19:33:13 <PaulS_laptop> "Well, now you'll know"
Oct 25 19:33:41 <PaulS_laptop> he gestures how to hold the valve open "it'll shut itself off when they're full. You'll be waiting a while"
Oct 25 19:35:33 <Nioki> "Okay."
Oct 25 19:35:36 <PaulS_laptop> «Alright Jason, bring 'er in»
Oct 25 19:35:47 <PaulS_laptop> "now we wait"