The Hallway Across the Ocean

Mar 22 21:59:03 <EchoFourDelta> Jason strolls around the "camp", policing up the last of his and Alice's equipment.
Mar 22 21:59:20 <Maddy> Alice is still in her sniper tree
Mar 22 21:59:38 <Ragazzo> Sleeps is coiled up in -his- tree, dozing lightly.
Mar 22 22:00:49 * Liebe (moc.rr.ser.submuloc.D8AEF7E5-CRInys|tibbiM#moc.rr.ser.submuloc.D8AEF7E5-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Mar 22 22:02:17 <Dexanote> Myr's been quiet most of the day. Not that anybody noticed. Currently, she's looking at a map of Japan, on top of Eve.
Mar 22 22:03:48 <Dexanote> She blinks after a while, turning the map over. Ah that makes more- wait. "… Guys, what city is this?" She points towards the city.
Mar 22 22:04:28 <EchoFourDelta> "Huh? The one here? Where we are?"
Mar 22 22:04:45 <Maddy> "M-morioka. I think."
Mar 22 22:07:02 <Dexanote> She stands, wobbling a bit on Eve, and picks up the map. "I feel like a moron. I can't believe I didn't realize before." She turns and climbs down the latter.
Mar 22 22:07:38 <Maddy> "R-realize what?" Alice comes down from her tree
Mar 22 22:07:57 <Dexanote> ladder*
Mar 22 22:11:22 <Dexanote> "My guardian had a… we called them Hallways, they're like artificial Ways between properties. We might be able to take it out of Japan." She goes to the fire and spreads the map out. it's rather illegible, with dirt and grime and dried blood spatter here and there. "What'd you think?"
Mar 22 22:12:11 <Maddy> "…w-what are the chances we just…die or come out in a n-non-euclidian world."
Mar 22 22:14:35 <Dexanote> "No idea." Nonchalant, casual. "But we built things for safety. If it broke, it'd just appear as a brick wall or something. I think. I'm not an alchemist, here, but it should be safe if it's still working."
Mar 22 22:15:25 <Dexanote> "We had automated ones for merchandise too, maybe those would be working too. We could take the tank then, too."
Mar 22 22:15:44 <Maddy> Alice shuffles over to look at the map. "W-where would we end up, l-like I'm assuming you know h-how to use them."
Mar 22 22:16:45 <Dexanote> "Have to choose an out point. They're all separate, it's like flipping a switch. I had one that went from Venice to Las Vegas. This one should go all over the world, if it still works."
Mar 22 22:18:10 <EchoFourDelta> "…"
Mar 22 22:18:33 <Dexanote> "What?"
Mar 22 22:20:54 <EchoFourDelta> "Nothing… it's just… I dunno, I'm with Alice on this one. What if we get in and somethin' fucks up?"
Mar 22 22:21:26 <Maddy> "W-we could check it out. T-turn it on, t-throw a roch through, s-see what happens.
Mar 22 22:21:46 <Dexanote> "Would you rather try to cross over the Pacific Ocean in a rickety salvaged boat?"
Mar 22 22:21:57 <Dexanote> She nods at Alice. "We can at least try it."
Mar 22 22:22:45 <EchoFourDelta> "How would we know if it works by throwin' rocks through it?"
Mar 22 22:23:04 <Maddy> "It w-was just a suggestion."
Mar 22 22:23:15 <EchoFourDelta> He nods, conceding.
Mar 22 22:24:05 <Dexanote> "It should look like an actual hallway. If it's shut down, it should seal itself as a safety precaution."
Mar 22 22:24:51 <Maddy> "W-what are our o-options a-as far as w-where we end up?"
Mar 22 22:28:04 <Dexanote> "I think… Hm." She looks up, trying to remember. "I know Sydney was the most recently setup one, I used it to get there for my last vacation. There's always at least one on each continent." She looks at Alice.
Mar 22 22:28:23 <Maddy> "I s-say we do it."
Mar 22 22:30:23 <TroyL> "Sounds Good." Shit.
Mar 22 22:30:35 <TroyL> Lament is all "Look at Me. I'm Myrtle."
Mar 22 22:30:53 <Dexanote> :D He's not acknowledged!
Mar 22 22:31:24 <Dexanote> "Help me pack up, then. We can be out of here by midnight."
Mar 22 22:31:35 <Dexanote> She nods to the dodridges and goes to pack her stuff.
Mar 22 22:31:55 <TroyL> Lament sighs… "Damnit…" he mumbles. And then he's off to pack his own.
Mar 22 22:32:10 <Maddy> Alice gets up. «G-guys, w-we're moving out. G-get your shit t-together.»
Mar 22 22:32:25 <EchoFourDelta> "… Sydney?"
Mar 22 22:32:35 <EchoFourDelta> "…"
Mar 22 22:32:44 <EchoFourDelta> "What if we end up back in Sydney…"
Mar 22 22:32:47 <Maddy> "W-we're not going to S-sydney."
Mar 22 22:33:31 <TroyL> «"Jason. Hey, Jason. If we end up on Sydney? Let's build a giant penis and point in into the opera house.»
Mar 22 22:35:35 <EchoFourDelta> «If we end up in Sydney… we won't have too long to be worried about it.>
Mar 22 22:38:01 <Dexanote> The sky's overcast, with the moon barely peeking through the clouds. It looks like it's gonna rain tomorrow. A cool breeze blows through camp as the Convoy packs their things to leave.
Mar 22 22:38:51 <Maddy> "W-well, looks liek you g-got most of my s-stuff already, h-hun."
Mar 22 22:39:01 <Ragazzo> Sleeps rustles, woken by the chilly wind, and muzzily slithers out of his tree. Well, slithers/falls. Flump. He grubles, making his way towards the others.
Mar 22 22:40:26 * Dexanote is now known as seXXXan0t3
Mar 22 22:41:03 <TroyL> «What's in Sydney, then?»
Mar 22 22:41:18 <Maddy> «Hell flies, CI, other things.»
Mar 22 22:41:30 * Waxx is now known as xxgokufanxx|420weedlord
Mar 22 22:43:27 <EchoFourDelta> «The Worm.»
Mar 22 22:43:57 * TroyL is now known as HOKAGELORDANGELDEMON
Mar 22 22:44:54 <seXXXan0t3> Myr climbs into the LAV. "Alice, you're driving again? I'll just give you directions as we go."
Mar 22 22:45:00 * Liebe is now known as Praetor
Mar 22 22:45:16 * ChanServ sets mode +a #afteraction Praetor
Mar 22 22:45:16 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Praetor
Mar 22 22:45:19 <Maddy> "C-can do." she climbs in.
Mar 22 22:45:25 * Praetor is now known as Liebe
Mar 22 22:45:46 <EchoFourDelta> Jason clambers up on top of the LAV and checks the Javelins over before dropping down into the turret, taking a moment to look up at the darkened sky.
Mar 22 22:45:51 <Ragazzo> Sleeps slithers on board some vehicle. «A-are we moving» Assuming he has a radio by now.
Mar 22 22:46:01 <EchoFourDelta> Seems like Myrtle's right. He loves weather like this.
Mar 22 22:46:10 <Maddy> «T-that's what I said, yes.»
Mar 22 22:46:33 * xxgokufanxx|420weedlord is now known as Waxx
Mar 22 22:46:33 * HOKAGELORDANGELDEMON is now known as TroyL
Mar 22 22:46:36 * seXXXan0t3 is now known as Dexanote
Mar 22 22:48:29 <Dexanote> «We ready?»
Mar 22 22:49:09 <Ragazzo> Sleeps yawns, and curls up in the back of the lav, tracing a bruise on his side. Stupid ground.
Mar 22 22:49:15 <Maddy> «J-just about I think.» Alice starts the LAV..
Mar 22 22:55:38 <Dexanote> "Alright then." She leans over to Alice, talking over the sound of the engine. "Take the main highway into town. We'll start there."
Mar 22 22:56:17 <Maddy> "R-roger." Alice heads out and on the the hiway.
Mar 22 22:56:58 <EchoFourDelta> Jason abandons the minigun and ducks down into the turret as the vehicle picks up speed, hiding from the wind, and eventually just closes the topside hatch, booting up the targeting systems for the main gun.
Mar 22 22:57:12 <EchoFourDelta> «So… no chance we'll end up in Sydney…»
Mar 22 22:57:58 <Dexanote> The highway is fairly clear, with only a few cars here and there. Mostly sedans, easily avoided. The city's in the distance, a fairly straightforward path. "Try to get to the urban centre, it looks like an office building."
Mar 22 22:58:43 <Dexanote> She looks at Jason. "We won't go through, if that's the only destination availiable. Alright?"
Mar 22 22:59:08 <Maddy> "G-got it." Alice slows a little one they get into the city, whatching carefully."
Mar 22 22:59:11 <Maddy> -"
Mar 22 23:00:46 * EchoFourDelta has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Mar 22 23:01:11 * Echo (PI.02A02C13.F6269241.1099D908|tibbiM#PI.02A02C13.F6269241.1099D908|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Mar 22 23:01:59 <Dexanote> The buildings get a bit bigger as they go on. Warehouses in the distance, businesses closer up. Soon they pass apartment buildings, a few looking fairly badly fire damaged. At ever corner, piles of corpses on bicycles lay on top of each other.
Mar 22 23:02:04 <Echo> "Got it."
Mar 22 23:02:25 <Maddy> "What the…"
Mar 22 23:02:57 <Ragazzo> Sleeps remains unaware, coiled up in the back of the lav, mostly half-awake.
Mar 22 23:02:57 <Dexanote> «Just keep going, I don't wanna know what did that.»
Mar 22 23:03:10 * Tom90deg (~moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.A90C65A3-CRInys|ged09moT#moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.A90C65A3-CRInys|ged09moT) has joined #afteraction
Mar 22 23:03:35 <Maddy> «Agreed.» Alice keeps going, trying to find what they;re looking for
Mar 22 23:04:54 <Echo> Jason rotates the turret, keeping the gun on the piles of bodies.
Mar 22 23:05:55 <Dexanote> "Turn here." Myr points to the next intersection. "There should be a big silver glass building. Go to the parking garage, go to the highest level."
Mar 22 23:06:16 <Tom90deg> Zoe sits quietly in EVE, waiting
Mar 22 23:06:43 <Maddy> Alice nods, doing so, nodding to the empty tole booth as she enters the garage.
Mar 22 23:08:20 <Dexanote> *Lowest level
Mar 22 23:09:01 <Dexanote> "There's a sliding… like, steel door, in the farthest corner of B3. Let me out there."
Mar 22 23:11:04 <Maddy> She folloes the directions, a little slowly, but eventually gets where they need o go and stops to let Myrtle out.
Mar 22 23:12:36 <Dexanote> As they descend, she cracks her neck. "People can't go through the Large Item Transport, it's a security feature. And Eve can't go upstairs to the Hallway. So we need to lock Eve up on here and transport it to our destination remotely." She climbs out. "The controls are up with the Hallway, and set to wherever the Hall goes. Just a matter of finding the transport chamber after we're out….
Mar 22 23:12:37 <Dexanote> …Sound good?"
Mar 22 23:13:08 <Echo> Jason pokes his head up out of the turret. <What?>
Mar 22 23:13:11 <Maddy> "…I guess t-that's the only w-way it's gonna work."
Mar 22 23:13:46 <Tom90deg> "You're the expert in this…"
Mar 22 23:13:49 <Dexanote> "I'll understand if that's took risky sounding, Jason. But we don't usually drive our cars up in our apartments."
Mar 22 23:14:15 <Tom90deg> "Alice, Jason, be sure to take the rabbits and the Hamster."
Mar 22 23:14:30 <Maddy> "Thanks, tips." Sarrrcasm
Mar 22 23:14:51 <Echo> <No, I didn't hear what ou said.>
Mar 22 23:15:02 <Echo> He points at the just-opened turret hatch.
Mar 22 23:15:10 <Tom90deg> "Forgive me for worrying about them."
Mar 22 23:15:48 <Dexanote> «Alright. We need to park Eve in here.» She walks out, gesturing to the steel door. «Because we can't fit Eve upstairs, and this transporter has a security feature against people going through.»
Mar 22 23:16:15 <Dexanote> «The main Hallway is upstairs, one of the higher floors. Three or four under the penthouse.»
Mar 22 23:17:40 <Echo> <… We should probably haul everything we can *with* us on foot. I mean, in case somethin' goes wrong.>
Mar 22 23:17:50 <Maddy> Alice drops the ramp, going around to collect The rabbits, the hammy, Spaz and Tank.
Mar 22 23:18:08 <Liebe> alice becomes the beastmaster
Mar 22 23:18:17 <TroyL> "Scraw"
Mar 22 23:18:24 <Tom90deg> Zoe climbs out, carrying her duffel.
Mar 22 23:18:39 <Maddy> "B-bandeges off tomorrow, Tank."
Mar 22 23:18:39 <Echo> Jason takes the hammy and drops him into a tactical hardcase on the side of his vest.
Mar 22 23:18:53 <Maddy> Tactical hamster
Mar 22 23:18:54 <Ragazzo> Vasuki picks up his stuff, at least the stuff he'd want to carry, and slithers out. Lance dinks along as well.
Mar 22 23:19:07 <Maddy> «BOU!»
Mar 22 23:19:07 <Echo> A few moments later, and he's laden with his and Alice's packs.
Mar 22 23:19:13 <Maddy> «WAKE UP»
Mar 22 23:19:14 <Tom90deg> "Myr, what would happen if something alive tried to go through the big transporter?"
Mar 22 23:19:28 <Maddy> «Five more minutes.»
Mar 22 23:19:30 <Tom90deg> "Something like the Jaunt?"
Mar 22 23:19:38 <Dexanote> "Depends on the model. Sometimes it just doesn't work, other times they're rendered into a fine mist."
Mar 22 23:19:49 * ChanServ sets mode +q #afteraction Echo
Mar 22 23:19:49 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Echo
Mar 22 23:19:50 <Dexanote> "I don't want to test."
Mar 22 23:20:20 <Tom90deg> "Me either, just wondering. At least EVE'll be perfectly sanatized when we're done, eh?"
Mar 22 23:20:25 <Echo> <The Jaunt?>
Mar 22 23:20:51 <Tom90deg> "Book by Stephen King. Teleporter, you had to be unconsious for. If you wern't, it drove you insane."
Mar 22 23:20:57 <Tom90deg> "Apparently, it was longer on the inside."
Mar 22 23:21:47 <Dexanote> "… I think I read that before." She blinks, rememembering. "It was some kid, right? Held his breath?"
Mar 22 23:22:04 <Tom90deg> "Yah. Moron…"
Mar 22 23:22:15 <Tom90deg> "But I know people who would do that, just to say they did…."
Mar 22 23:22:31 <Maddy> "Huh." Alice puts on her helmet and sits on the rabbit crate.
Mar 22 23:23:31 <Dexanote> She places her palm on a brick by the door's frame, waiting a few moments. The door slides open, revealing a well lit, white room. About 50 by 50. "Alice, wheel the tank in here, we'll return for it if we can't go anywhere."
Mar 22 23:24:23 <Maddy> <Got it. E-everyoen got anything out of t-there you might miss if something fucks up?>
Mar 22 23:24:40 <Echo> <…>
Mar 22 23:25:00 <Echo> Jason waddles back over… trundles up the ramp…
Mar 22 23:25:39 <Echo> And a minute later drags a .50 cal HMG back with him.
Mar 22 23:26:04 <Tom90deg> "Got all my crap."
Mar 22 23:26:06 <Dexanote> Does he leave the djinn's mask in there?
Mar 22 23:26:23 <Maddy> Alice rolls here eyes and parks the LAV and trailer inside once everyones off and whatnot.
Mar 22 23:26:41 <Dexanote> "Alright. Come on then, we have a long walk."
Mar 22 23:26:58 <Dexanote> Myr holds her palm on the wall, waiting politely for Alice.
Mar 22 23:27:10 <Echo> He's not leaving the shard or anything hazardous on its own.
Mar 22 23:27:11 <Maddy> Bou grumps along, Alice not far behind
Mar 22 23:27:17 <Echo> That's just *asking* for wrath.
Mar 22 23:27:37 <Tom90deg> Zoe follows behind Myr.
Mar 22 23:30:22 <Dexanote> She lifts her palm and turns to the entrance to the building proper, and the steel door slides shut. "Alright. The elevators are probably out, but if I'm right, emergency lighting should still be activated. I think this building has like twenty one floors, I think the Hallway room is… eighteenth."
Mar 22 23:30:38 <Maddy> <Welp.>
Mar 22 23:30:48 <Maddy> "AAAAAWWWWWwaaaaaaaawwww"
Mar 22 23:30:53 <Tom90deg> "Doin some cardio today…"
Mar 22 23:30:56 <Maddy> <Bou stop whining.>
Mar 22 23:31:10 <Dexanote> Pushing the entrance door open, dim red lights flicker to life inside. "Oh come on, if I can do it you can do it. Get Jason to carry you."
Mar 22 23:31:52 <Maddy> Alice has her side arm at the ready, following Myrtle.
Mar 22 23:32:07 <Echo> He stops, and adjusts the four packs he's carrying, one each on his chest and back, and one in the crook of each arm. <Climb on up, Bou.>
Mar 22 23:33:03 <Tom90deg> Zoe slings her duffel on her back and climbs, humming quietly "99 bottles of beer on the waaallll…"
Mar 22 23:33:21 <Dexanote> She looks from the left to the right; inside is a fairly spacious, fairly nice, officey hall. Every third flourescent light seems to be replaced with a full skylight; this is probably some kind of witchcraft, because there's like 14 floors above you.
Mar 22 23:34:03 <Dexanote> "This way." She points left, and heads down the hall. A stairway is visible through double doors.
Mar 22 23:34:33 <Tom90deg> Zoe follows Myr
Mar 22 23:34:47 <Echo> Jason gives no shits, slogging on behind her, humming something vaguely military-sounding.
Mar 22 23:35:14 <Maddy> "Whatcha hummin, Jason?"
Mar 22 23:35:22 <Dexanote> "None of you want to go poking around in the abandoned Marshall, Carter and Dark cover building, do you?"
Mar 22 23:35:38 <Tom90deg> "It's not on my list of things I'd like to do."
Mar 22 23:35:40 <Maddy> <…not really.>
Mar 22 23:36:21 <Echo> Jason stops, burdened by close to 250 pounds of crap. <You got any lines on anything important here?>
Mar 22 23:38:53 <Dexanote> "Honestly, whatever useful things we had here would probably have been taken when everyone left. If anything's here it's either actively dangerous, or a collectible."
Mar 22 23:39:29 <Echo> <Then let's get the fuck out.>
Mar 22 23:39:39 <Echo> <Lead on.>
Mar 22 23:39:41 <Maddy> Alice is using the rabbit crate as sort of a scooter.
Mar 22 23:39:53 <Maddy> Except on stairs of course.
Mar 22 23:41:25 <Dexanote> It's annoyingly tedious work going up the stairs. About three flights up, Myr asks "… Zoe, can't you teleport people up with you?"
Mar 22 23:41:39 * Ragazzo has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Mar 22 23:41:51 <Tom90deg> "Sure. But only 15 feet."
Mar 22 23:42:25 <Echo> <I can carry somebody…>
Mar 22 23:43:06 <Dexanote> "Jason you're going to break your robosuit."
Mar 22 23:43:28 <Maddy> <L-let's just get this- GAH!> Alice is interupted by Bou shoving past and jumping in front of Jason.
Mar 22 23:43:31 <Maddy> "UP UP!"
Mar 22 23:43:35 * PaulS_worktop (~moc.rr.zib.es.07C911E6-CRInys|_nrehtuoS#moc.rr.zib.es.07C911E6-CRInys|_nrehtuoS) has joined #afteraction
Mar 22 23:43:36 <Echo> <Ain't nothin' to break.>
Mar 22 23:44:32 <Echo> <Jesus, Bou…>
Mar 22 23:44:45 <Maddy> ":< You don't hafta."
Mar 22 23:45:08 <Echo> <Nah, just… startled me.>
Mar 22 23:46:17 <Maddy> "Ok. Sorry!"
Mar 22 23:46:20 * PaulS_worktop1 has quit (Ping timeout)
Mar 22 23:46:24 <Dexanote> They continue. On the 9th floor, they come across a rather complex occult symbol scratched into a corner. "… Yeah don't touch that."
Mar 22 23:46:34 <Tom90deg> "Noted."
Mar 22 23:46:59 <Echo> <What is it?>
Mar 22 23:47:44 <Tom90deg> "The head exploder 5000."
Mar 22 23:47:55 <Dexanote> "No clue. But you just don't touch something scratched into a wall in a place like this." She edges around it. "Only a couple more floors."
Mar 22 23:48:21 <Echo> <Just curious, Myrtle…>
Mar 22 23:49:12 <Maddy> The bunnies scramble in the crate a little, annoyed with the movement.
Mar 22 23:49:36 <Echo> <Why, pray, would they spread the shit out like that?>
Mar 22 23:49:45 <Dexanote> "Listen, I'm just saying so it's on the table. Of all the people in here I trust you to be one of the most careful around something like that."
Mar 22 23:50:37 <Echo> <Huh? Oh, o' course. Just wonderin'.>
Mar 22 23:52:29 <Dexanote> They continue; eventually, they reach floor 18. Myr opens the door and flops over, leaning against a wall. "Alright. We're here. Gimme a minute."
Mar 22 23:52:40 <Echo> Jason leans over around a railing, looking upward through the ladderwell.
Mar 22 23:52:53 <Dexanote> Sadler climbs in after her, leaning against the wall across from her.
Mar 22 23:53:04 <Echo> He looks back as Alice brushes past him, chuckling.
Mar 22 23:53:38 <Tom90deg> Zoe walks in as well, sitting on the floor, back against the wall. "Times like this I really wish i could go more than 15 feet…"
Mar 22 23:54:35 <Dexanote> "Meh. Least you can teleport. You know how much that would cost? More than my life's worth."
Mar 22 23:54:36 <Tom90deg> "Would've saved a ton of time."
Mar 22 23:54:47 <Tom90deg> "Cost?"
Mar 22 23:55:32 <Dexanote> "Nevermind." She takes a deep breath, turning to glance down the hall. "I think… it's this way."
Mar 22 23:56:01 <Tom90deg> "Eh…still, it's tireing teleporting that much."
Mar 22 23:56:08 <Maddy> Alice uses the crate as a scooter again. <If anyone n-needs a ride.>
Mar 22 23:56:14 <Echo> Jason starts humming something by the Presidents of the USA.
Mar 22 23:56:55 <Echo> <…into-… try. hmm-hmm eat a lot of.., hmm-hmm.>
Mar 22 23:57:24 <Maddy> Alice nudges him.
Mar 22 23:57:28 <Maddy> <Stop that.>
Mar 22 23:57:30 <Tom90deg> "Peaches come iiiin a caaan…" Zoe climbs to her feet.
Mar 22 23:57:38 <Echo> <Sorry! It's stuck in my head.
Mar 22 23:58:07 <Echo> <From.>
Mar 22 23:58:27 <Maddy> <Yeah yeah.>
Mar 22 23:59:07 <Tom90deg> Zoe follows Myr.
Mar 23 00:00:23 <Dexanote> The hall is spacious, with tiled floors and heavy office doors opening on either side. Some are open to dark rooms, others are locked shut. Myr leads the group down to a pair of double doors, pushing them open to reveal a rather large room, with a vaulted ceiling. Several comfortable looking benches line either side of the room, with a large panel computer in the centre of the room. Across…
Mar 23 00:00:25 <Dexanote> …from the group is a 8ft by 1ft, rectangular space of wall, apparently made of shiny, solid black bricks.
Mar 23 00:01:04 * Ragazzo (ten.llebcap.ac2tks.lsd.EACFBB6E-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.llebcap.ac2tks.lsd.EACFBB6E-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Mar 23 00:01:20 <Maddy> <Huh.>
Mar 23 00:02:30 <Echo> Jason hums "Also sprach Zarathustra".
Mar 23 00:02:34 <Tom90deg> "Hmm…seems nice."
Mar 23 00:02:46 <Echo> He's in a musical fucking mood.
Mar 23 00:02:48 <Dexanote> *10 ft, goddamn my 0 key is fucked
Mar 23 00:03:41 <Ragazzo> Sleeps peers about, and yawns following everyone else. Lance walks along himself, peering about a bit, and scribbling in a journal.
Mar 23 00:04:09 <Echo> Jason stops humming, noticing the back "obelisk" is wider than he originally figured.
Mar 23 00:04:23 <Dexanote> Myr goes to the computer panel, looking at it for a few moments and flipping a switch on one side of the left keyboard. The lights inside the room turn from dim red emergency lighting to bright, clear normal lighting.
Mar 23 00:04:55 <Tom90deg> "That's much better."
Mar 23 00:05:03 <Echo> Jason elbows Alice.
Mar 23 00:05:07 <Maddy> The bunnies SCRAMBLE.
Mar 23 00:05:10 <Maddy> <Hmm?>
Mar 23 00:05:24 <Echo> <I'm gonna do the stargate thing when we go through.>
Mar 23 00:05:40 <Maddy> <Wazzat?>
Mar 23 00:05:42 <Dexanote> "Alright." The computer flickers, initializing. "Lets see…"
Mar 23 00:06:46 * Doctor_Light (ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.5300FD19-CRInys|giL_rotcoD#ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.5300FD19-CRInys|giL_rotcoD) has joined #afteraction
Mar 23 00:06:46 <Echo> <I did it before one time when we was workin' at 23, but nobody noticed. All right, you know when they all go through the gate, and the last dude through stops and turns around and looks back at the scientists and technicians and stuff in the staging area?>
Mar 23 00:07:15 <Maddy> <I've never watched S-strgate.>
Mar 23 00:07:25 <Echo> <And he's like, still walkin' through? But just casts that one last glance ba-… Really?>
Mar 23 00:07:45 <Echo> <See, I was thinkin' the first time I saw it what might be goin' through that guy's head.>
Mar 23 00:07:56 <Dexanote> "It's not so much a gate as an actual hallway. It's like… a fold in space, kinda."
Mar 23 00:07:56 <Maddy> <Yes r-really.>
Mar 23 00:08:00 <Tom90deg> "Are you talking about the series or the movie?"
Mar 23 00:08:06 <Echo> <And I figured I'd try to recreate it.>
Mar 23 00:08:25 <Maddy> <I've caught a couple of episodes, b-but thats about it.>
Mar 23 00:09:03 <Echo> <We'll find some DVDs.> He looks back behind them, taking several seconds to turn with all the crap he's carrying.
Mar 23 00:09:38 <Maddy> <H-how's it coming, Myrtle?>
Mar 23 00:10:35 <Dexanote> Some chunks of the screen are filled with static and code. "Well… okay. We have… Sydney, some… place in Egypt, I can't tell where, Hong Kong, somewhere completely blacked out in Russia, 'Elsewhere', and… something Harbour in Canada."
Mar 23 00:11:07 <Maddy> Alice wanders over. <Read the Canada one again.>
Mar 23 00:12:43 <Dexanote> She hits the screen, and the static shifts. "Thurston? Does that sound familiar?"
Mar 23 00:12:56 <Tom90deg> "Elsewhere?"
Mar 23 00:13:13 <Maddy> <Are you…holy shit. J-jason that's like…an hour from my dad's place.>
Mar 23 00:13:22 <Maddy> <We have t-to go there.>
Mar 23 00:16:08 <Echo> <What? No shit?>
Mar 23 00:16:35 <Tom90deg> "That's…convient."
Mar 23 00:16:39 <Maddy> <Yeah, f-for real.>
Mar 23 00:16:46 <Dexanote> "… Alright, let me try…" she looks for a mouse, trackpad, something, with no success. probably a touch screen. She cracks her fingers and presses THURSTON HARBOUR - unluckily, she hits static.
Mar 23 00:17:19 <Maddy> <M-makes sense, only people who live on Haida Gwaii are r-rich people, natives and rich natives.>
Mar 23 00:18:38 <Dexanote> The black wall shifts, folding open to a dark hall. Very dark. "… That's not right."
Mar 23 00:18:55 <Maddy> <Not going in there.>
Mar 23 00:19:43 <Maddy> <Try again?>
Mar 23 00:19:52 <Ragazzo> Sleeps peers down it.
Mar 23 00:19:57 <Dexanote> Heavy breathing can be heard within.
Mar 23 00:19:59 <Ragazzo> Lance does the same, humming.
Mar 23 00:20:02 <Echo> <… what's that?> He poiints into the darkness with his rifle, having let the soft packs drop to the floor.
Mar 23 00:20:07 <Maddy> <Oh fuck…>
Mar 23 00:20:09 <Ragazzo> "….hrm…."
Mar 23 00:20:16 <Maddy> <Closeitcloseitcloseit>
Mar 23 00:20:33 <Tom90deg> Zoe draws her shotgun, pointing it at the darkness.
Mar 23 00:20:36 <Dexanote> "… Yeah no." She presses again, the bricks sliding back to place. "Okay." *CLK*.
Mar 23 00:20:57 <Tom90deg> "Um…Can I ask what that was Alice?"
Mar 23 00:21:11 <Maddy> <Why in g-god's name woul I know?>
Mar 23 00:21:14 <Ragazzo> "I'll admit I was curious about what was breathing, but not enough to want to find out."
Mar 23 00:21:19 <Dexanote> This time it takes a bit longer to activate; one by one, the bricks fold in on themselves and open, revealing a fairly long hallway, with a lit room on the other end. "Okay. Let me send the tank over, and we'll get out of here."
Mar 23 00:21:42 <Tom90deg> "You were the one asking to close it with extreme anxiety. I assumed you reconized it."
Mar 23 00:22:21 <Maddy> <Dark hall. Heavy breathing.>
Mar 23 00:22:27 <Maddy> <Why would I want that open?>
Mar 23 00:22:43 <Tom90deg> "Not disagreeing, just wondering if you'd seen it before or something."
Mar 23 00:23:30 <Maddy> <Nope.> Alice moves towards this less freaky hall way with the rabbits.
Mar 23 00:23:38 <Maddy> Spaz follows behind.
Mar 23 00:23:49 <Tom90deg> "This halway looks much better though. Myr, what would happen if the door on this side closes?"
Mar 23 00:23:53 <TroyL> "Scraw?" Tank is riding on Spaz.
Mar 23 00:23:55 <Dexanote> "Alright…" the clicky-clack of keys, and a light on the terminal beeps green. "Eve should be sent over."
Mar 23 00:24:13 <Ragazzo> Lance and sleeps wait for everyone to start going, then follows.
Mar 23 00:24:23 <Dexanote> She looks over at Zoe. "They close at the same time. It shouldn't close if there's somebody inside."
Mar 23 00:24:47 <Tom90deg> "Right, that's what I was afraid of. Shall we move quickly then?"
Mar 23 00:25:09 <Dexanote> "Go ahead. I'll wait."
Mar 23 00:25:34 <Maddy> Alice laughs a little at Tank and Spaz. <You sure Myrtle? H-hate for you to be stuck here if something breaks.>
Mar 23 00:25:49 <Tom90deg> Zoe pauses. "I agree…"
Mar 23 00:26:17 <Dexanote> "I was just saying go first. When I'm through it'll close." She gestures, coming around the terminal.
Mar 23 00:26:35 <Tom90deg> "Alright."
Mar 23 00:26:59 <Echo> Jason hefts the packs back up after slinging his weapon and steps into the hall, looking around, waiting for a weird sense of vertigo or tingling or anything really.
Mar 23 00:27:04 <Tom90deg> Zoe approaches the hall, and glancing back at Myrtle, begins to walk through it.
Mar 23 00:27:34 <Maddy> Alice scoots into the hall, Spaz, looking completely regenrated, on her heels.
Mar 23 00:28:12 * Echo is now known as Ralph
Mar 23 00:28:12 * Notify: Echo is offline (SCP and Related Channels).
Mar 23 00:28:20 * Liebe has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Mar 23 00:28:31 * Ralph is now known as Echo
Mar 23 00:28:31 * Notify: Echo is online (SCP and Related Channels).
Mar 23 00:29:06 * Praetor (moc.rr.ser.submuloc.D8AEF7E5-CRInys|tibbiM#moc.rr.ser.submuloc.D8AEF7E5-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Mar 23 00:29:36 <Dexanote> The hall feels bigger than it actually is. They're through, soon enough.
Mar 23 00:30:00 <Dexanote> As Myr passes the threshold, the lights behind them fade and bricks shut. "And we're in Canada."
Mar 23 00:30:22 <Echo> <Wait, just like that?>
Mar 23 00:30:40 <Ragazzo> "Hm." Lance pulls his coat more snugly around him.
Mar 23 00:31:01 <Maddy> <…Lance, canada is not that much colder t-that Japan this time of year.>
Mar 23 00:31:43 <Tom90deg> "That was…easy. I'm a bit suspicous. When's the last time something was that easy for us?"
Mar 23 00:31:52 <Dexanote> "Yep, Jason." She motions around; a near identical room to the one they were in. "It's efficient, that's what."
Mar 23 00:32:20 <Echo> <… huh… better than the fuckin' train…>
Mar 23 00:32:55 <Maddy> <So where's the LAV and trailer?>
Mar 23 00:33:19 * ChanServ sets mode +a #afteraction Praetor
Mar 23 00:33:19 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Praetor
Mar 23 00:33:26 * Praetor is now known as Liebe
Mar 23 00:33:45 <Tom90deg> "What train?"
Mar 23 00:34:45 <Maddy> <The Engine, t-took us damn n-near everywhere back at 23. T-to the moon, once.>
Mar 23 00:34:50 <Dexanote> "Should be…" She goes around the terminal and brings up a map. "Couple floors down, in an outside warehouse. We're on the third floor."
Mar 23 00:35:11 <Maddy> <Not bad.>
Mar 23 00:35:47 <Tom90deg> "You took a train to the moon?"
Mar 23 00:36:02 <Echo> <Straight to the moon, Alice…>
Mar 23 00:36:11 <Maddy> <Not m-me personally, b-but members of our- shush- t-team.>
Mar 23 00:36:42 <Tom90deg> "Bizzare. Hm….so you had a moon base or something?"
Mar 23 00:37:44 <Dexanote> Myr pushes past and goes through the doors, looking for stairs. To the right!
Mar 23 00:37:56 <Echo> Jason starts behind Myr.
Mar 23 00:37:58 <Maddy> <Yes.> Alice follows!
Mar 23 00:38:09 <Ragazzo> As do the naga and the doctor.
Mar 23 00:38:16 <Echo> <\We had a few.>
Mar 23 00:38:18 <Tom90deg> Zoe follows. "Man…wish I could see that…."
Mar 23 00:38:36 <Maddy> <Not r-really interesting. Just a base.>
Mar 23 00:38:40 <Maddy> <B-but on the moon.>
Mar 23 00:38:59 <Maddy> Alice shrugs.
Mar 23 00:39:31 <Tom90deg> "Did they have windows? If so, that's good enough for me. Not to mention 1/6 gravity."
Mar 23 00:39:34 <Dexanote> She makes her way downstairs, through a hall, and pushes through the front door.
Mar 23 00:40:03 <Maddy> <The b-base would have regular gravity.>
Mar 23 00:41:27 <Maddy> As they head out, they're at what looks like a secluded retreat. There are buildings that look like they'd be for sleeping in, the one they just came out of being an administrative building of some kind. There's a single, wide road that leads into the trees.
Mar 23 00:41:27 <Tom90deg> "Then what's the point?" Zoe grins.
Mar 23 00:41:48 <Maddy> <To keep t-things that could kill millions if t-they get out, away from earth.>
Mar 23 00:42:02 <TroyL> "It was brillaint, really…"
Mar 23 00:42:43 <Maddy> It's cloudy, and by the movements of the tops of the trees you can tell it's pretty windy, bt the tree cover is protecting the group.
Mar 23 00:43:00 <Tom90deg> "Well, yes. But still. Are you saying that if you had a moon base, you'd not have anywhere you could jump around like a ninja on speed?"
Mar 23 00:43:28 * PaulS_worktop1 (~moc.rr.zib.es.07C911E6-CRInys|_nrehtuoS#moc.rr.zib.es.07C911E6-CRInys|_nrehtuoS) has joined #afteraction
Mar 23 00:43:30 <TroyL> "Gravity was strictly enforced. A lot of people didn't even know they were on the moon."
Mar 23 00:43:38 <Maddy> <No. I would not.> It's chilly and there's frost on the windows of some buildings. <How is it night…it was n-night in Japan.>
Mar 23 00:43:56 <Tom90deg> "Took longer to walk there than we thought?"
Mar 23 00:44:00 * PaulS_worktop has quit (Broken pipe)
Mar 23 00:45:03 <Dexanote> I'd like to say that we're goig to handwave to make it the same time.
Mar 23 00:45:45 <TroyL> "Probably something to do with the bending of space. It makes up for itself, yanno…"
Mar 23 00:45:52 <Ragazzo> "Temporal uncertainty. Happens in post-apocalyptic worlds." Speaks up lance, still walking along and scribbling in his journal.
Mar 23 00:46:02 * PaulS_worktop1 has quit (Broken pipe)
Mar 23 00:46:16 * PaulS_worktop (~moc.rr.zib.es.07C911E6-CRInys|_nrehtuoS#moc.rr.zib.es.07C911E6-CRInys|_nrehtuoS) has joined #afteraction
Mar 23 00:46:20 <Maddy> <I guess?> Alice looks around for the werehouse and heads towards it.
Mar 23 00:46:35 <Tom90deg> "Timey Wimey…" Zoe follows after Alice.
Mar 23 00:47:39 <Maddy> <Myrtle? S-should this just open?>
Mar 23 00:48:50 <Dexanote> She's already ahead of Alice, trying to find the spot to lay her palm. "Hopefully…"
Mar 23 00:48:57 <Dexanote> There's a click, as the door opens. "There we go."
Mar 23 00:49:00 <Maddy> <Or d-do you got a secret handsh-oh.>
Mar 23 00:49:04 <Echo> Jason continues being a stallion of a packhorse.
Mar 23 00:50:54 <Maddy> And the LAV and everything is there. <S-so now what? D-do we want to stay here for now, head t-towards my dad's later? G-give us a chance to do some route r-recon first?>
Mar 23 00:51:12 <Tom90deg> "Recon is always good."
Mar 23 00:51:45 <Dexanote> "We'll set up camp tonight, I guess." She shivers in the night wind. "Check out the area when the sun's up."
Mar 23 00:52:30 <Maddy> <M-maybe we can get power to the bunks?> she motions to one of the buildings. <Have a warmer s-shelter for the night?>
Mar 23 00:52:34 * Topic for #afteraction is: Welcome to After Action. Please refer OOC text to #afteractionooc | Secondary room: #afteractionmission |RouteMap:http://maps.google.com/ Point A: Olyokminsk, Russia B: CSS, Japan - Current Location: Outside of Morioka.
Mar 23 00:52:34 * Topic for #afteraction set by Maddy at Tue Mar 13 01:20:10 2012
Mar 23 00:53:30 <Echo> <We can hook up the trailer's genny if we find someplace to plug in.>
Mar 23 00:54:13 * Maddy has changed the topic to: Welcome to After Action. Please refer OOC text to #afteractionooc | Secondary room: #afteractionmission |RouteMap:http://maps.google.com/ Point A: Thurston Harbor, British Columbia, Canada B: ??? - Current Location: MC&D Retreat.
Mar 23 00:54:52 <Maddy> Alice nods as she gets into the LAV and starts her up again.
Mar 23 00:57:52 * Dexanote is now known as dexadexa
Mar 23 00:58:11 * dexadexa is now known as Dexanote
Mar 23 01:09:08 <TroyL> Lament leans his head back against the sides of the LAV, closing his eyes. The silence is killing him.
Mar 23 01:09:43 * Doctor_Light has quit (Quit: )
Mar 23 01:11:24 <Maddy> Eventually, the LAV is hooked up and one of lodges and it has heat and electricity.