The Lurking Fear: Prologue

Aug 07 20:32:03 <Dexanote> "Hello." she watches Bou stomp off. "Er. What? Sorry, I just woke up."
Aug 07 20:33:02 <Pemander> "We're going for a supply run."
Aug 07 20:33:09 <Echo> "Buncha houses around up by the river. Houses have food. We don't have a lot, so… figured we could knock some houses over. Gonna need to be a little mo-"
Aug 07 20:33:11 <Echo> "Yeah, that."
Aug 07 20:33:28 <Roget> Ted idly swings his briefcase in a low and gentle arc, watching the big dogs decide where they're going to go.
Aug 07 20:33:53 <Dexanote> "Oh. Yeah. Sure. I'm in."
Aug 07 20:33:54 <Pemander> Arianna cracks her neck.
Aug 07 20:34:48 <Pemander> "It's going to be a good night. Adhelami's eye said so."
Aug 07 20:34:56 <Echo> He looks around. "Figure a couple cars? Leave the LAV here. I mean… that thing uses a fuckton of gas, and if the roads are bad, it's - what?"
Aug 07 20:35:15 <Echo> "You're more distracting than Bou is."
Aug 07 20:35:27 <CondorTalon> "We're romping through the neighbourhood, huh?" His hand subconsciously goes to the machete sheathed on his hip.
Aug 07 20:35:27 <Pemander> "You're just easily distracted. Couple of cars, sounds good."
Aug 07 20:37:28 <Echo> "I'll, uh, take the hummer. Anybody wants to ride with me, just climb on in."
Aug 07 20:38:02 <PaulS_laptop> "if we got enough to fill that, extras can ride with me in eels"
Aug 07 20:38:19 <CondorTalon> "In… eels?"
Aug 07 20:38:29 <Dexanote> "Name of his truck."
Aug 07 20:38:37 <Pemander> "Just don't ask."
Aug 07 20:38:38 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle thumbs back to the truck
Aug 07 20:38:40 <CondorTalon> "Oh."
Aug 07 20:38:44 <Roget> "I'll ride with whichever'n is easier to put me in."
Aug 07 20:38:54 <Pemander> "They talk about it too much as it is." Ari climbs into the back of the hummer.
Aug 07 20:38:58 <CondorTalon> "I'm fine going wherever, I guess."
Aug 07 20:39:26 * Tox|Laptop has quit (Ping timeout: 180 seconds)
Aug 07 20:39:39 <PaulS_laptop> "we few enough we can all fit in the hummer?"
Aug 07 20:39:47 <Echo> "Hell, we could."
Aug 07 20:40:22 <Echo> Scott steps off for his SUV and clambers into the driver's seat, waiting for the others.
Aug 07 20:40:59 <PaulS_laptop> Bill finds his way into a relevant seat. Easier to take just the one vic
Aug 07 20:41:28 <CondorTalon> Alex manages to squeeze himself into a seat
Aug 07 20:41:41 <Dexanote> Myr's already climbing in the back middle seat of the SUV. She yawns, running her fingers through her hair.
Aug 07 20:42:03 <Roget> Ted shrugs and climbs into a seat.
Aug 07 20:42:23 <Pemander> Ari yawns taps her fingers on her thigh.
Aug 07 20:42:39 <Echo> And he's off!
Aug 07 20:42:43 <Maddy> Whatever everyone gets into a car and you go
Aug 07 20:42:49 <Maddy> it dosnt matter which
Aug 07 20:44:24 <Echo> Making his way past the barricaded street, Scott angles up through the streets and alleyways toward the river, eventually ending up in a cul de sac.
Aug 07 20:44:35 <Maddy> After about 20 minutes, you get to the residential area. There are some car wrecks, and at lest a couple row houses that look like they burned down years ago.
Aug 07 20:45:10 <Maddy> Otherwise its empty. Percecption!
Aug 07 20:45:50 <CondorTalon> 4df+1 Perceps
Aug 07 20:45:51 <CROM> CondorTalon: Perceps: 1 (4df+1=+, 0, -, 0)
Aug 07 20:46:10 <Echo> 4df+2 Evans is still removing himself from the hummer.
Aug 07 20:46:11 <CROM> Echo: Evans is still removing himself from the hummer.: 2 (4df+2=+, +, -, -)
Aug 07 20:46:22 <Pemander> 4df+4 perception so gud
Aug 07 20:46:24 <CROM> Pemander: perception so gud: 4 (4df+4=-, 0, 0, +)
Aug 07 20:46:28 <Roget> 4df+3 I can see you, I can see you, I can just barely seeee youuuuuuuu
Aug 07 20:46:29 <CROM> Roget: I can see you, I can see you, I can just barely seeee youuuuuuuu: 0 (4df+3=-, 0, -, -)
Aug 07 20:46:53 <Dexanote> 4df+3 ahhhh Fudge dice.
Aug 07 20:46:55 <CROM> Dexanote: ahhhh Fudge dice.: 4 (4df+3=+, 0, -, +)
Aug 07 20:47:24 <PaulS_laptop> can I sub survivaal for it?
Aug 07 20:47:54 <Maddy> Ted trips on a curb and face plants, no damge. Sure paul
Aug 07 20:48:08 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+4 survival
Aug 07 20:48:09 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: survival: 3 (4df+4=0, -, -, +)
Aug 07 20:48:10 <Roget> "Fuck."
Aug 07 20:48:14 <Pemander> Arianna slides out of the vehicle, eyes like a hawk. An Arianna hawk.
Aug 07 20:48:18 <Pemander> The best kind of hawk.
Aug 07 20:48:43 <Roget> Ted scrutinizes the /shit/ out of the concrete.
Aug 07 20:49:17 <Maddy> Kyle notices a dim light in the top window of what is probably the eeriest looking house on the cul du sac. Ari and Myr notice too, but also that the light is flickering.
Aug 07 20:50:16 <PaulS_laptop> "Light. There" he points
Aug 07 20:50:23 <Pemander> "Hey." Arianna jerks a thumb to the light. "I didn't think this area had power."
Aug 07 20:50:35 <PaulS_laptop> "Neither do I"
Aug 07 20:50:44 <Echo> Scott looks up at the alert, then tracks where Kyle's pointing. "… huh?"
Aug 07 20:50:46 <Dexanote> Myr looks up at the light. "… I don't think I like that."
Aug 07 20:50:49 <Echo> "No, it doesn't."
Aug 07 20:50:59 <Echo> 4df+2 Can Scott hear a generator?
Aug 07 20:51:00 <CROM> Echo: Can Scott hear a generator?: 3 (4df+2=+, +, 0, -)
Aug 07 20:51:02 <Maddy> Nope
Aug 07 20:51:16 <Echo> "I don't hear a genny."
Aug 07 20:51:27 <Echo> "Batteries?"
Aug 07 20:51:47 <PaulS_laptop> "maybe. it's been an awful long time for batteries to still be good, runnin' deep cycle like that"
Aug 07 20:52:02 <Maddy> Flickering like
Aug 07 20:52:04 <Maddy> a candle
Aug 07 20:52:13 <Roget> Ted picks himself up, wiping his nose and checking his briefcase to make sure his camera/papers didn't get messed up in his spill. He kinda tunes out to what everyone else is lookin' at.
Aug 07 20:52:14 <Pemander> "Maybe it's a candle."
Aug 07 20:52:17 <Pemander> Got there first, bitches.
Aug 07 20:52:18 <Maddy> GOOD JOB
Aug 07 20:52:20 <PaulS_laptop> "Could be"
Aug 07 20:52:21 <Echo> He looks around at the guns the others are carrying. "Anybody got a gun with a fucking sco-… wait."
Aug 07 20:52:24 <Pemander> "Either way, means someone's living there."
Aug 07 20:52:31 <PaulS_laptop> "Yes. Yes I do." to scott
Aug 07 20:52:41 <PaulS_laptop> He tosses him the CETME
Aug 07 20:53:07 <Dexanote> She sighs. "Should I go and check it out…?"
Aug 07 20:53:12 <Echo> He catches the rifle and aims down on the window.
Aug 07 20:53:16 <Echo> See anything?"
Aug 07 20:53:20 <Echo> -"
Aug 07 20:53:38 <Pemander> Ari looks to Myrtle and shrugs.
Aug 07 20:53:40 <Maddy> A shadow moves, like someone was looking out but then you pointed a gun at them
Aug 07 20:54:38 <Echo> "There's somebody up there." He tosses the rifle back to Kyle. "Looked spooked."
Aug 07 20:54:53 <Dexanote> "Probably because you aimed a gun at them."
Aug 07 20:54:59 <CondorTalon> "Just one person?"
Aug 07 20:55:04 <Echo> "I didn't know!"
Aug 07 20:55:05 <Maddy> Now that you're all looking the shadow chances another peek.
Aug 07 20:55:11 <Pemander> "Everyone just chill."
Aug 07 20:55:17 <Pemander> "Myrtle, scoot up there and see if you can get a closer look."
Aug 07 20:55:21 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle takes it
Aug 07 20:55:31 <Echo> "Bou stole my binoculars."
Aug 07 20:56:47 <Roget> "I have a camera with a zoom."
Aug 07 20:57:02 <Roget> Ted fishes his camera out of his briefcase.
Aug 07 20:57:33 <Maddy> The shadow, which is kinda shapeless from here, is still peeking at you through the window
Aug 07 20:59:31 <Dexanote> 4df+4 Myr cracks her neck and back, stretching a bit before stepping forward. Stealthing
Aug 07 20:59:32 <CROM> Dexanote: Myr cracks her neck and back, stretching a bit before stepping forward. Stealthing: 3 (4df+4=-, -, 0, +)
Aug 07 20:59:49 <Dexanote> She strolls forward towards the house, almost gliding.
Aug 07 21:00:25 <Maddy> The shadow is probably now a little confused, cause he feels like there was 1 more person, but now there's not mybe it was his eyes playing tricks.
Aug 07 21:00:43 <Roget> 4df+3 Ted looks at it with his camera.
Aug 07 21:00:45 <CROM> Roget: Ted looks at it with his camera.: 7 (4df+3=+, +, +, +)
Aug 07 21:01:08 <Maddy> Jesus Ted.
Aug 07 21:01:59 <Maddy> That is definitly a person, but since hes backlit you cant tell a lot, not even with that epic roll I'm sorry
Aug 07 21:03:10 <Roget> Ted grunts. "There'sa person up there. Jus'one."
Aug 07 21:03:24 <PaulS_laptop> "Shall we close an' find out?"
Aug 07 21:04:04 <Pemander> "Myrtle's already doing that."
Aug 07 21:04:13 <Pemander> "Give it a second."
Aug 07 21:05:18 <Echo> Scot'll trust this to the guy with the nice-ass camera and the chick that can become fucking invisible.
Aug 07 21:05:36 <Pemander> Arianna crosses her arms and chills for a bit.
Aug 07 21:05:40 <CondorTalon> Alex stands around, waiting for something to happen.
Aug 07 21:05:44 <Pemander> "Scott."
Aug 07 21:05:45 <Maddy> Bou is really sad she's missing this
Aug 07 21:05:47 <Echo> "So…"
Aug 07 21:05:49 <Pemander> "Bet you I could hit that guy from here."
Aug 07 21:05:55 <Echo> "Anybody catch the Rangers last week?"
Aug 07 21:05:55 <Pemander> "With a rock."
Aug 07 21:06:17 <Dexanote> Myrtle arrives at the house, first trying the front door.
Aug 07 21:06:22 <PaulS_laptop> "Nope. How'd the game go?"
Aug 07 21:06:49 <Roget> Ted puts his camera back in the suitcase, carefully bundling it in papers so it won't get fucked up if he falls again.
Aug 07 21:07:30 <Maddy> Its unlocked
Aug 07 21:08:01 <Echo> "Canceled on account of weather."
Aug 07 21:08:27 <Dexanote> Myr quietly opens the door and slips inside. WHAT HAVE WE HERE.
Aug 07 21:08:53 <PaulS_laptop> "Sucks man"
Aug 07 21:09:10 <PaulS_laptop> "Any idea when they'll pick it back up?"
Aug 07 21:09:15 <Maddy> Its just as eerie on the inside. Small, eat in kitchen, a living area, and stairs up.
Aug 07 21:09:48 <Maddy> Dusty as hell, looks like whoever's here doesnt use this floor much.
Aug 07 21:09:55 <Pemander> Arianna rubs her face.
Aug 07 21:10:03 <Pemander> "This is the least amusing exchange I've heard all day."
Aug 07 21:10:20 <Dexanote> She quietly drifts through the house, clicking her radio off and going towards the stairs.
Aug 07 21:11:13 <Maddy> The floor boards are creaky as hell but that's not really a problem for Myrtle.
Aug 07 21:11:35 <Maddy> "H-hello?" a nervous, middleaged male voice calls.
Aug 07 21:12:28 <Dexanote> She continues, starting up the stairs, drifting to the one side of the hallway. Shhh.
Aug 07 21:13:41 <Maddy> "I don't have anything, I swear. Just me and my candle…please dont shoot me." people outside see that the shadow is moving away from the window.
Aug 07 21:13:59 <CondorTalon> "Does anyone want to see a magic trick?"
Aug 07 21:14:41 <Pemander> "Time to move in, folks."
Aug 07 21:14:55 <Pemander> "Be quiet about it and try not to seem threatening."
Aug 07 21:14:56 <PaulS_laptop> "I swear to god if you shove aa pencil in somebody's eye" to condor's dude
Aug 07 21:15:15 <Roget> Ted waits for someone else to start moving before he does.
Aug 07 21:15:27 <Pemander> 4df+3 Arianna starts silently skulking up to the house, over to the side so she is not in clear view of the window.
Aug 07 21:15:28 <CROM> Pemander: Arianna starts silently skulking up to the house, over to the side so she is not in clear view of the window.: 3 (4df+3=0, 0, -, +)
Aug 07 21:15:45 <Dexanote> She peers through the dark, nodding quietly to herself and slipping back out teh way she came. She makes significantly more noise on the way out, slipping right out the front door and dropping her shroud as she approaches the group.
Aug 07 21:15:52 <Dexanote> "Scared middle aged man."
Aug 07 21:16:04 <CondorTalon> "Huh."
Aug 07 21:16:21 <Echo> "Wait, what? Here, all by himself?"
Aug 07 21:16:36 <Dexanote> "Far as i saw."
Aug 07 21:16:36 <PaulS_laptop> "Somethin's…kinda fishy about that"
Aug 07 21:16:39 <Roget> "That doesn' add up."
Aug 07 21:16:59 <Pemander> Arianna is now standing over to the side of the door. She makes a gesture to the group like, 'what, are you coming?'
Aug 07 21:17:10 <Roget> "Someone'd need t'bring him supplies…." Ted frowns.
Aug 07 21:17:29 <Echo> Scott jogs over, if for no other reason than to keep Ari from advancing by herself.
Aug 07 21:17:46 <Pemander> She's fuckin' crazy, bro. She'd do it. Don't you doubt it for a second.
Aug 07 21:17:51 <CondorTalon> Alex walks over to where Ari's standing.
Aug 07 21:18:10 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle joins them
Aug 07 21:18:19 <Dexanote> Myr as well. "Haven't seen you around much, Kyle."
Aug 07 21:18:38 <PaulS_laptop> "Mostly been hibernating"
Aug 07 21:18:45 <PaulS_laptop> he /does/ look pretty skinny
Aug 07 21:19:00 <Echo> Scott taps her on the back as he catches up, and nods toward the house.
Aug 07 21:19:39 <Pemander> Arianna nods and mouths 'going in'.
Aug 07 21:19:48 <Roget> Ted just follows the crowd.
Aug 07 21:19:50 <Dexanote> Myr nods.
Aug 07 21:19:52 <Pemander> 'wait no you have the gun you go in'
Aug 07 21:20:05 <Pemander> 'nah nevermind i'll go in.'
Aug 07 21:20:17 <Pemander> She quietly pushes open the door and enters the house, looking in the direction of the window.
Aug 07 21:20:20 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle slings the cetme, presenting the greasegun
Aug 07 21:20:30 * Tox|Laptop (seoj.ta|tae#seoj.ta|tae) has joined #afteractionmission
Aug 07 21:20:48 <Echo> "Think he was upstairs."
Aug 07 21:21:03 <Maddy> The window you saw was indeed upstairs
Aug 07 21:21:07 <Pemander> "I know that," She whispers.
Aug 07 21:21:35 <Pemander> Arianna starts CREEPIN' UP THE STAIRS. "Cover me."
Aug 07 21:21:47 <Maddy> It sounds like ther person is shufflinf nervously, having probably gone back to the window ehn Myr left, and sw you were ALL GONE
Aug 07 21:22:20 <Echo> Scott's right on Ari's ass, creepin'.
Aug 07 21:22:30 <PaulS_laptop> Bill is creepin like a creeper
Aug 07 21:22:56 <Roget> Ted hangs back by the door, watching the people sneakify this joint.
Aug 07 21:22:57 <Dexanote> whos bill
Aug 07 21:23:05 <Maddy> "I-I know you're in here!" He shouts. "I think." he mumbles.
Aug 07 21:23:08 <CondorTalon> Alex is goes in all creep-like
Aug 07 21:24:21 <Maddy> "I really really dont have a lot."
Aug 07 21:24:25 <PaulS_laptop> *Kyle
Aug 07 21:25:05 <Pemander> "Oh, chill out. We're not going to do anything bad," Arianna says, definitely loud enough to be heard.
Aug 07 21:25:12 <Pemander> "Just don't shoot us when we come in the room, aight?"
Aug 07 21:25:16 <Maddy> "REally? Are you sure?"
Aug 07 21:25:16 <Echo> "We're not after your stuff, dude!"
Aug 07 21:25:23 <Maddy> "I don't have a gun."
Aug 07 21:25:38 <CondorTalon> Alex remains silent
Aug 07 21:25:46 <Pemander> She is now standing around the corner or whatever from where this guy would be.
Aug 07 21:25:58 <Pemander> "We don't want to take any of your stuff. We were just checking out the area and we saw your light."
Aug 07 21:26:13 <Echo> "… Okay, you shouldn't just tell people that." Scott picks up the pace, poking his head up above the threshold.
Aug 07 21:26:14 <Maddy> the stairs lead up to a hall with the room hes in on the left, and a bathroom on the right
Aug 07 21:26:22 <Pemander> "Oh who gives a shit."
Aug 07 21:26:41 <Pemander> "Can we talk?" She calls out.
Aug 07 21:26:50 <Maddy> "…sure."
Aug 07 21:26:57 <Maddy> He sounds tired.
Aug 07 21:27:04 <Roget> Ted starts followin' everybody else up the stairs.
Aug 07 21:27:10 <Pemander> 'phew'. Arianna sticks her hands in her pockets and strolls over to the room.
Aug 07 21:27:21 <Pemander> She looks back to the others. "See? Master of diplomacy."
Aug 07 21:27:44 <Echo> He waves at the guy. «Hey, guys, it's clear in here.»
Aug 07 21:28:16 <Maddy> The man is in a lrge room, mostly bare but a matress, table and chair and the candle. He's a lot older than he sounds, very skinny. There are cans kinda strewn about.
Aug 07 21:29:00 <Maddy> Mostly ordinary, but for his eyes, one blu and one brown.
Aug 07 21:29:27 <Maddy> "Hello, sorry, I, just haven't seen anyone in a very long time."
Aug 07 21:29:40 <Echo> Scott follows Ari up. He's clearly a cop, judging by his uniform and the crap he's carrying.
Aug 07 21:30:31 <Pemander> "S'alright. We get that kind of treatment a lot."
Aug 07 21:30:33 * Tox|Laptop has quit (Connection reset by peer)
Aug 07 21:30:42 * Tox|Laptop (seoj.ta|tae#seoj.ta|tae) has joined #afteractionmission
Aug 07 21:30:56 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle is behind scott.
Aug 07 21:31:00 <Pemander> "I'm Ari. This is Scott, Myrtle's here somewhere, and there's all these other guys too."
Aug 07 21:31:07 <Pemander> "I forget their names."
Aug 07 21:31:31 <Echo> "… Kyle, Alex, and Ted."
Aug 07 21:31:32 <Maddy> "I'm really sorry…I don't have much in the ay to entertain…" he looks at the can of beans he's eating out of. "Not much of this left either."
Aug 07 21:32:24 <Echo> "Listen, no worries." «Guys, you wanna come up?»
Aug 07 21:33:24 <Maddy> "So…what brings you here?"
Aug 07 21:33:40 <CondorTalon> Alex stoically folds his arms.
Aug 07 21:33:43 <CondorTalon> Stoically.
Aug 07 21:33:46 <Pemander> She looks to someone else for explanation because she is, in fact, not the master of diplomacy.
Aug 07 21:33:50 <PaulS_laptop> "Saw your light"
Aug 07 21:34:04 * Tox|Laptop is now known as Tox|Laptop|GONEDED
Aug 07 21:34:12 <Echo> "We- yeah. Saw the light, came to check it out. Thought we were the only ones walking around here."
Aug 07 21:34:56 <Maddy> "Used to be more here…" he looks out the window. "I'm Jan. Jan Martense."
Aug 07 21:35:15 <Dexanote> "We're a group of travellers, and have lived in the area for the past few months. We came out to this part of town to scavenge for supplies."
Aug 07 21:35:32 <Dexanote> She looks around the room. "Looks like you've been here a while."
Aug 07 21:35:36 <Roget> Ted pokes his head through the door to watch.
Aug 07 21:35:40 <Echo> Scott closes the distance, extending a hand. "Scott Evans, Vancouver Police Department. Long way from home."
Aug 07 21:36:54 <Maddy> "Might be able to find some things. I only go out if I really have to." He shakes the hand. God he's boney. "When there were more of us, we didn't scavenge. Not right, we said. After a while though, when our numbers got low, we couldnt hunt much."
Aug 07 21:37:02 <Maddy> "Now that it's just me…"
Aug 07 21:37:38 <CondorTalon> "…More? What happened?"
Aug 07 21:37:55 <CondorTalon> wait disregard
Aug 07 21:38:01 <Maddy> "I-I don't know. They started…changing. "
Aug 07 21:38:06 <Maddy> Damnt condor
Aug 07 21:38:08 <CondorTalon> wait don't disregard
Aug 07 21:38:11 <Maddy> ok fine
Aug 07 21:38:40 <Pemander> "Changing? That doesn't sound good."
Aug 07 21:38:44 <Maddy> "When shit went bad, and people started leaving, the Martense decided to stay."
Aug 07 21:39:36 <Maddy> "Was really subtle at first they'd act all weird, almost like they were turning into animals. Devolving, like they say inbred folk from the hills do."
Aug 07 21:39:39 * Dr_Kens (~ten.mocletyksnepo.877A4E09-CRInys|sneK_ehT#ten.mocletyksnepo.877A4E09-CRInys|sneK_ehT) has joined #afteractionmission
Aug 07 21:39:52 <Dexanote> "… Well."
Aug 07 21:39:53 * Dr_Kens (~ten.mocletyksnepo.877A4E09-CRInys|sneK_ehT#ten.mocletyksnepo.877A4E09-CRInys|sneK_ehT) has left #afteractionmission
Aug 07 21:39:57 * Dr_Kens (~ten.mocletyksnepo.877A4E09-CRInys|sneK_ehT#ten.mocletyksnepo.877A4E09-CRInys|sneK_ehT) has joined #afteractionmission
Aug 07 21:40:27 <Maddy> "They'd jus leave after a while. Sometimes convince others to go."
Aug 07 21:40:29 <Pemander> "They didn't turn into hyenas, did they?"
Aug 07 21:40:38 <Echo> "…"
Aug 07 21:40:41 <Maddy> "Now it's just me- no. The change wasnt really physical."
Aug 07 21:40:41 <Pemander> "Because we killed like, five of those."
Aug 07 21:40:45 <Pemander> "Oh okay, good."
Aug 07 21:41:11 <Maddy> "I…actually…" he kinda trails off, looking out the window.
Aug 07 21:41:41 <CondorTalon> "Uh."
Aug 07 21:41:56 <Pemander> "How do you feel about living in a mall with like, more than a hundred kids?"
Aug 07 21:42:15 <Pemander> "Or how would you feel, I guess."
Aug 07 21:42:46 <Maddy> "W-wh? I, no I can't leave the familly home but I was wondering if you could do me a favour."
Aug 07 21:43:06 <CondorTalon> "What's that?"
Aug 07 21:43:49 <Maddy> "Could you, find what happened to my family? I just wanna know if they're out there like cave men, or maybe just dead. Ijust need to know."
Aug 07 21:44:14 <Dexanote> "… Er."
Aug 07 21:45:45 <Pemander> "Uh….do you have any, like, leads, I guess?"
Aug 07 21:45:48 <Roget> "D'you have any photos, anyplace they mithgt've gone?"
Aug 07 21:45:56 <Pemander> She points to Ted. What he said.
Aug 07 21:46:00 <Roget> Ted got this shit, he's a reporter.
Aug 07 21:46:23 <Maddy> "I know where they go…kinda, but I cant go out there. I'm too weak."
Aug 07 21:46:51 <Maddy> "Folowed the last one out. There's a building in the woods…"
Aug 07 21:48:20 <Maddy> "Not terribly big, can't be all of them in there…unless they just went there to die.
Aug 07 21:48:21 <Maddy> "
Aug 07 21:48:52 <Echo> "Wait, a second, slow down, what do you mean? How many people are we looking for?"
Aug 07 21:49:34 <Maddy> "Well, older people went first, so I can't fathom them being alive in any case…so probably 5 or 6."
Aug 07 21:50:07 <Maddy> "I just want some closure."
Aug 07 21:50:49 <Roget> "How far's this building, is it big or small?" ted pulls out a piece of paper, and starts taking notes.
Aug 07 21:51:19 <Maddy> "Like a shack. About a 10 minutes walk out back. This property back onto the greenspace."
Aug 07 21:51:50 <Pemander> "Alright. It's not too much trouble for us to check it out, then."
Aug 07 21:52:12 <Pemander> "While we're gone, you want some pizza or something?"
Aug 07 21:52:19 <Pemander> "You look like you haven't had a decent meal in a long time."
Aug 07 21:52:40 <Maddy> "I couldnt impose any further. You're already dooing a lot."
Aug 07 21:53:44 <Pemander> "It's not really an imposition. We have an infinite pizza box."
Aug 07 21:53:52 <Pemander> "And before you ask, don't ask."
Aug 07 21:54:07 <Maddy> "I supose stranger things have happened."
Aug 07 21:55:59 <Echo> Scott nods politely at the man and leaves the room, heads back down the hallways, and descends the stairs, leaving him with Ari and Ted Burgundy
Aug 07 21:56:33 <Pemander> Arianna follows Scoot out.
Aug 07 21:57:02 <Roget> Ted, not wanting to be alone with old people, scoots out with everyone else.
Aug 07 21:57:34 <Echo> He stops just outside the house. "So."
Aug 07 21:57:49 <Dexanote> Myr slips out with the group. "So?"
Aug 07 21:57:53 <Echo> "What do we wanna do with this guy?"
Aug 07 21:57:57 <CondorTalon> Alex goes also.
Aug 07 21:58:04 <Pemander> She shrugs. "I dunno. Kind of a waste of time."
Aug 07 21:58:12 <Pemander> "But it's only ten minutes out, so we might as well check it."
Aug 07 21:58:23 <Pemander> "As far as the man himself, he's just going to die if he doesn't leave that house eventually."
Aug 07 21:58:35 <Dexanote> "Check it out, hopefully its not all monsters."
Aug 07 21:58:41 <Echo> "Waste of time? It's another person. And they're half fucking starved."
Aug 07 21:59:03 <PaulS_laptop> "Give him some pizza, go do whatever he wants, maybe we can get some information out of him anyway"
Aug 07 21:59:09 <Roget> "I'm curious 'bout th'house in the woods, m'self."
Aug 07 21:59:10 <PaulS_laptop> "and it's not like it's terribly out of our way"
Aug 07 21:59:11 <Pemander> "I'm saying the investigative nonsense is a waste of time, not the guy."
Aug 07 21:59:46 <Pemander> "My main concern is getting him somewhere he can actually sustain himself and be taken care of."
Aug 07 22:00:04 <Pemander> "Which is why I suggested the mall. They need an authority figure that's older than sixteen."
Aug 07 22:00:16 <Pemander> Ari shrugs.
Aug 07 22:02:54 <Dexanote> Myrtle nods. "We'll check the woods, come back in one piece, grab the pizza box and some water, bring it to him, and convince him to come back to the mall."
Aug 07 22:03:16 <Echo> "Might not be a good idea to go digging in the pitch black."
Aug 07 22:03:51 <Echo> "I mean, it's almost fucking midnight. I dunno about you, but I'm not exactly keep on traipsing through a bunch of trees by the river past dark. You heard what he said."
Aug 07 22:04:05 <Echo> "That's the last place we'd want to run into some bullshit."
Aug 07 22:05:00 <Roget> "Tha'sa good point, Scawt."
Aug 07 22:06:40 <Pemander> "Yeah. I'm with Scoot."
Aug 07 22:06:55 <Pemander> "We'll do the cabin thing tomorrow."
Aug 07 22:07:05 <Pemander> "But we can at least get him a warm meal tonight."
Aug 07 22:07:26 <Echo> He nods back towards the hummer. One of y'all want to drive? We get rested up, get loaded up for a trip to the woods, and set out tomorrow with the sun overhead."
Aug 07 22:08:16 <Dexanote> "I'll drive."
Aug 07 22:08:40 <Dexanote> She's already strolling towards the humvee. "Where's the pizza box? I'll come back and feed him."
Aug 07 22:08:55 <Echo> Evans pops the cargo hatch and climbs into the back. "LAV."
Aug 07 22:09:48 <Roget> Ted hops into the car thing
Aug 07 22:10:17 <PaulS_laptop> Kyle boards
Aug 07 22:10:20 <Pemander> Arianna climbs into the Hummer.
Aug 07 22:11:05 <Maddy> And then they went home
Aug 07 22:11:32 <Roget> and they all lived happily ever after
Aug 07 22:11:45 <Nusquam> haha no