The Shards: Red

Sep 06 22:57:00 <E4D> «All personnel, get down to the armor, please.»
Sep 06 22:57:38 * Ragazzo (ten.llebcap.ac2tks.lsd.61E51762-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.llebcap.ac2tks.lsd.61E51762-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Sep 06 22:57:44 <E4D> Jason lights a cigarette after turning off the fire suppression system in Eve. "Colonel?" He withdraws the shard. "We have a monster to kill."
Sep 06 22:58:00 <Maddy> Alice raises an eyebrow. "Do we?"
Sep 06 22:58:08 <Waxx> Dmitri sighs. "Another one?"
Sep 06 22:58:44 <E4D> "This one is… different. I received this shard along with a message from the Snake, Mal. There's something good in it for us if we kill it."
Sep 06 22:58:46 <Gerald> "Oh, this shall undoubtedly be fun."
Sep 06 22:58:52 <Gerald> Charon's walked over, in the rain.
Sep 06 22:59:16 <Waxx> "You are trusting the snake?"
Sep 06 22:59:24 * Strife (PI.D27C7677.26937DF1.0501ED89|tibbiM#PI.D27C7677.26937DF1.0501ED89|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Sep 06 23:00:14 <Maddy> "Ah…the shard, yes…"
Sep 06 23:00:22 <E4D> "They're shrewd, and clever, but they're honest."
Sep 06 23:00:29 <E4D> "A deal with them is a deal."
Sep 06 23:00:35 <Salmander> The sound of piano abruptly stops and Redd wanders over, visibly annoyed at the rain.
Sep 06 23:00:37 <Waxx> "A deal with them is a deal with the devil."
Sep 06 23:00:38 * DawnyWorks has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Sep 06 23:00:50 <E4D> "This thing doesn't need to exist at any rate."
Sep 06 23:01:13 <Waxx> "What sort of monster?"
Sep 06 23:01:16 <E4D> "I say destroying whatever it is puts us one step closer to putting things back the way they should be."
Sep 06 23:01:57 <Gerald> "With all due respect, Corporal, I do not believe that is possible at this point."
Sep 06 23:02:24 <Maddy> "don't mean w-we shouldn't try."
Sep 06 23:02:29 <E4D> Jason's quiet for a few moments. "Exactly."
Sep 06 23:02:57 <MisterFlames> "All right, Jason, tell me about this monster."
Sep 06 23:03:40 <Gerald> "And tell me about these shrewd and clever traders."
Sep 06 23:03:57 <E4D> "I'm not sure what it is, and the traders are… they're not natural."
Sep 06 23:04:20 * Dexanote is now known as DexaBRB
Sep 06 23:04:29 <E4D> "One of them looks like a Roman soldier, and the other is a snake. They have a horse-drawn cart. Sack of apples. They make deals."
Sep 06 23:04:46 <Gerald> The seven foot+ tall man with limbs thinner than most twigs nods.
Sep 06 23:05:12 <MisterFlames> "Ah, the snake that tried to kill me. Would have killed me, in fact, if someone else hadn’t paid the price.”
Sep 06 23:05:26 * PaulS_laptop has quit (Ping timeout)
Sep 06 23:05:27 <Sabitsuki> they are best friends
Sep 06 23:05:30 <Waxx> Dmitri grinds his teeth.
Sep 06 23:05:42 <Waxx> "I hope we are getting Aleks back."
Sep 06 23:06:29 <MisterFlames> “I hope that as well, and Geier. They seemed good people, although Alex seems more clever than is healthy.”
Sep 06 23:07:06 <Ragazzo> Dusty is wandering around, puzzled where everyone went.
Sep 06 23:07:10 <E4D> "The snake… I believe that was a consequence of messing with things that shouldn't have been messed with."
Sep 06 23:07:13 <Ragazzo> ~Midnight? You around?~
Sep 06 23:07:36 <MisterFlames> ~I’m in Eve. We’re talking about a possible mission.~
Sep 06 23:07:45 <Gerald> "A snake. Selling apples. I see."
Sep 06 23:07:57 <E4D> "I only know one thing. We were advised it would be rough, and advised to engage the target with heavy weapons."
Sep 06 23:08:03 <Ragazzo> ~Hmm? Mission?~
Sep 06 23:08:10 <E4D> "Vehicle-mounted, preferably."
Sep 06 23:08:22 <MisterFlames> “Point, but not one I care for.” Midnight replies. “What are the risks?”
Sep 06 23:08:25 <Waxx> "Is it a bear?"
Sep 06 23:08:39 <Maddy> "Probably w-wors than a bear, Sir."
Sep 06 23:08:43 <Ragazzo> Dusty goes over to Eve.
Sep 06 23:08:49 <Ragazzo> Is it locked?
Sep 06 23:09:38 <E4D> Ramp's down.
Sep 06 23:09:39 <Salmander> "No offense, boss, but when you're asked to ice somebody usin' an armored tank, ya might suspect a little foul play."
Sep 06 23:10:08 <Waxx> "Nonsense. Nothing is worse than a bear."
Sep 06 23:10:20 <Ragazzo> "Wolves are."
Sep 06 23:10:21 <Gerald> "And what, pray tell, is in it for us, should we destroy this monster?"
Sep 06 23:10:27 <Ragazzo> Dusty walks in.
Sep 06 23:10:37 <Ragazzo> "I hate wolves."
Sep 06 23:10:37 <E4D> "Redd, my old job was killing things that were never alive and technically couldn't die."
Sep 06 23:11:11 * DexaBRB is now known as Dexa
Sep 06 23:11:11 <Maddy> "I k-killed a couple of those."
Sep 06 23:11:49 <E4D> "And we get some free swag. Tit for tat. Favor for a favor."
Sep 06 23:12:00 <Waxx> "I want Aleks back."
Sep 06 23:12:03 <E4D> "Our heart's desire, I assume."
Sep 06 23:12:23 <Salmander> "Hey, alright, I'll follow the cappo. Hopefully we'll get this thing whacked before it whacks us."
Sep 06 23:12:36 <Ragazzo> "….that…is not a safe deal."
Sep 06 23:12:53 <Ragazzo> "You don't get turned over something like that for something easy."
Sep 06 23:13:15 <Gerald> "Oh? That's it? Tit for tat, you did not agree on a definitive price when negotiating?"
Sep 06 23:13:44 * Tom90deg (~ten.labolgcbs.omslts.deepsthgil.A25A99B5-CRInys|ged09moT#ten.labolgcbs.omslts.deepsthgil.A25A99B5-CRInys|ged09moT) has joined #afteraction
Sep 06 23:13:48 <E4D> "I was given a message by a courier."
Sep 06 23:13:58 <E4D> "It contained the details of the agreement."
Sep 06 23:14:02 <Maddy> "They just kinda…g-gave it to us."
Sep 06 23:14:12 <Maddy> "With some c-coffee."
Sep 06 23:14:17 <Gerald> "So there is truly nothing binding us to do this, then."
Sep 06 23:14:52 <Maddy> "No…n-not really."
Sep 06 23:14:58 <E4D> "Nothing. The traders wanted rid of the thing, we get compensated for killing it."
Sep 06 23:15:15 <Waxx> "When do we start."
Sep 06 23:15:18 <E4D> He holds the shard up. "If this breaks, the thing will show itself."
Sep 06 23:15:23 <Ragazzo> "They are /traders/. They never do anything that they think has a real chance of putting them out of the black."
Sep 06 23:15:48 <Maddy> "Then th-they're probably confident w-we can kill it."
Sep 06 23:16:00 <Maddy> "If w-we let it out and f-fail, then it's out, and t-that's no good."
Sep 06 23:16:16 <Ragazzo> "Or that we'll wipe each other out, and they have to pay nothing."
Sep 06 23:16:18 <Waxx> "Or we let it out and use it to kill the Insurgency."
Sep 06 23:16:48 <Gerald> "I see. Or, dear Colonel, we let it out and use it to kill whomever we want, rather than /just/ the Insurgency."
Sep 06 23:17:14 * Dexa is now known as Dexanote
Sep 06 23:17:20 <Ragazzo> "Do we even know where this thing will appear?"
Sep 06 23:17:29 <Ragazzo> "Will it show up wherever that thing breaks?"
Sep 06 23:17:43 <E4D> "I can shoot it with a rifle."
Sep 06 23:17:57 <Ragazzo> "Is that a yes?"
Sep 06 23:18:17 <MisterFlames> “Sounds like it.”
Sep 06 23:18:20 <E4D> "That's me being safe."
Sep 06 23:18:40 <Ragazzo> "Because if so, let me make a giant pit, and we'll leave it in there for you to break."
Sep 06 23:18:56 <Ragazzo> "Might buy us some extra time."
Sep 06 23:19:06 <Ragazzo> "Unless it's ridiculously large."
Sep 06 23:19:14 <Waxx> "It could be a bear."
Sep 06 23:19:22 <Ragazzo> "Giant bear."
Sep 06 23:19:25 <Gerald> "Or simply leave it on a number of explosives. Break the shard, then destroy the beast immediately afterwords. Simple."
Sep 06 23:19:25 <Ragazzo> "Ugh."
Sep 06 23:19:32 <E4D> "Get on it. Middle of the intersection." He points. "Thataway."
Sep 06 23:19:59 <Ragazzo> "Midnight? Could I get some help?"
Sep 06 23:21:49 <Gerald> "Ah, and were do we store our explosives?" Charon's grinning.
Sep 06 23:22:09 <Ragazzo> "I keep the good ones in my head."
Sep 06 23:22:16 <Ragazzo> Dusty rolls his eyes.
Sep 06 23:22:21 <E4D> "We've got a couple dozen frags. Hell, a single round from the Bushmaster hits harder than a frag does."
Sep 06 23:22:51 <Ragazzo> "How deep do you want?"
Sep 06 23:23:02 <Ragazzo> "I'm thinking twenty feet."
Sep 06 23:23:28 <Gerald> Charon nods, and RETRIEVES THE BOMBS
Sep 06 23:24:01 <Salmander> "So, where we goin'?"
Sep 06 23:24:26 <E4D> "Ugh… where are you going, Charon?" He pasts a box beside him. "They're all right here."
Sep 06 23:24:34 <E4D> "20's good."
Sep 06 23:24:42 <Gerald> Charon RETRIEVES THE BOMBS FROM THE BOX BESIDES JASON
Sep 06 23:24:44 * Tom90deg has quit (Ping timeout)
Sep 06 23:25:02 <E4D> It's locked. "What are you doing?"
Sep 06 23:25:10 <Ragazzo> Dusty goes outside, gathering brances from any nearby trees.
Sep 06 23:25:15 <Ragazzo> *brances
Sep 06 23:25:19 <Ragazzo> BRANCHES
Sep 06 23:25:21 <Ragazzo> FUCK
Sep 06 23:25:28 <Tox> broncoes
Sep 06 23:25:46 <Salmander> tacos
Sep 06 23:25:59 <Waxx> taxes
Sep 06 23:26:20 <Ragazzo> He gets six, and plants each of them at equidistant points from each other.
Sep 06 23:27:52 <Gerald> Charon RETRIEVES THE BOMBS FROM THE BOX NEXT TO JASON ASSUMING THERE IS NO MORE DICKERY FROM ECHO
Sep 06 23:28:07 * PaulS_laptop (~ten.dshqrabme.pchd.B32F7D7F-CRInys|luap#ten.dshqrabme.pchd.B32F7D7F-CRInys|luap) has joined #afteraction
Sep 06 23:28:19 <E4D> He's not relinquishing the explosives.
Sep 06 23:28:34 <E4D> Just kidding.
Sep 06 23:28:38 * DawnyWorks (moc.noehtyar.AC98E749-CRInys|tibbiM#moc.noehtyar.AC98E749-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Sep 06 23:28:40 <Ragazzo> Using the branches as framing points, dusty draws a circle that spans the intersection, chemical equations, and brain-achingly complex runes crisscrossing, and forming intricate patterns.
Sep 06 23:28:48 <E4D> "So, what's your plan with them, Charon?"
Sep 06 23:28:53 <Ragazzo> 4df+4 Occult maneuver, drawing the circle.
Sep 06 23:28:54 <Glacon> Ragazzo: Occult maneuver, drawing the circle.: 5 (4df+4=0, +, -, +)
Sep 06 23:29:28 <Ragazzo> Dusty succeeds.
Sep 06 23:30:07 <Ragazzo> «I'm going to need some help here. I need five people.»
Sep 06 23:30:15 <Ragazzo> *six people
Sep 06 23:30:28 <DawnyWorks> «Is it magic bull shit?»
Sep 06 23:30:54 <Gerald> "You said you can shatter the shard necessary to call the beast with a single shot, yes? I am assuming that one of our dear friends in this motley group of ours is capable of rigging explosives to detonate on command, unless that is too much to assume along from them."
Sep 06 23:31:05 <Ragazzo> «Yes, I'm going to drain your souls away and make a philosopher's stone. Just get otu here, christ.»
Sep 06 23:31:07 <Ragazzo> *out
Sep 06 23:31:29 <PaulS_laptop> «Fuck you man. I ain't got no soul.»
Sep 06 23:32:03 <DawnyWorks> «Wow…philosopher…big word from Dusty»
Sep 06 23:32:19 * Laito-away is now known as Laito
Sep 06 23:32:21 <Gerald> Charon pauses for a minute.
Sep 06 23:32:22 <Laito> ft6hjik/
Sep 06 23:32:35 <Gerald> «Please tell me there is one amongst our number capable of rigging these explosives.»
Sep 06 23:32:36 <DawnyWorks> "Fuck you Charon" Kay leans against the wall.
Sep 06 23:32:50 <Salmander> «Nope.»
Sep 06 23:32:56 <Maddy> "John is more than capable, Charon."
Sep 06 23:32:58 <Ragazzo> «Kay, I've studied more in a day than you have your entire life. Don't talk about big words to me.»
Sep 06 23:33:11 <Maddy> "H-he had the entierty of S-site 23 set to blow."
Sep 06 23:33:21 <Waxx> «Pipe down, children. Misha and I will come out.»
Sep 06 23:33:22 * Laito (~moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.5D68B3DB-CRInys|sirhc#moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.5D68B3DB-CRInys|sirhc) has left #afteraction
Sep 06 23:33:23 <Waxx> They do so!
Sep 06 23:33:37 <MisterFlames> Midnight heads out to help as well.
Sep 06 23:33:41 <DawnyWorks> «I'm on my way» Kay steps over to Dusty. "Baby"
Sep 06 23:33:46 <Gerald> "Excellent. Unless our dear mage friends have a bigger explosion set to detonate, of course."
Sep 06 23:34:03 <Ragazzo> "That's sweet, but I told you I'm not interested, Kay."
Sep 06 23:34:07 <Ragazzo> Dusty rolls his eyes.
Sep 06 23:34:10 * Rights (~PI.BF0EFC49.1A349E52.3D65DC1F|alliztahc#PI.BF0EFC49.1A349E52.3D65DC1F|alliztahc) has joined #afteraction
Sep 06 23:34:23 <E4D> "I'm kind of hesitant to expend all of our personal indirect capability before we even know it'll be effective."
Sep 06 23:34:27 <DawnyWorks> "All I remember is you holding my panties"
Sep 06 23:34:30 <Ragazzo> He passes a lighter to everyone, but Midnight, who he scratches his head at.
Sep 06 23:34:35 <Ragazzo> "Erm."
Sep 06 23:34:44 <Ragazzo> "Can you hold a lighter steady, midnight?"
Sep 06 23:35:01 <Salmander> Redd pulls his hands back at the lighter. "Nuh-uh."
Sep 06 23:35:07 <Waxx> "What the hell is this for."
Sep 06 23:35:15 <Waxx> Misha and Dmitri both already have lighters!
Sep 06 23:35:20 <Ragazzo> Dusty nods at each of the five sticks.
Sep 06 23:35:25 <Ragazzo> Six sticks.
Sep 06 23:35:26 <Gerald> "….Yes, I suppose that is an issue." Charon shrugs, setting them in the box.
Sep 06 23:35:29 <MisterFlames> “Not really, Dusty, sorry.”
Sep 06 23:35:31 <DawnyWorks> Kay has one as well, fuck Dusty's magical one.
Sep 06 23:35:36 <Ragazzo> "I need all of those to light at the same."
Sep 06 23:35:39 <Ragazzo> *same time
Sep 06 23:35:48 <Ragazzo> "It's ok, Midnight."
Sep 06 23:36:13 * Rights has quit (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.87 [Firefox 6.0.1/20110830092941])
Sep 06 23:36:44 <Ragazzo> "So…if Redd is out…I have…three."
Sep 06 23:36:52 <Ragazzo> "Need three more people."
Sep 06 23:37:03 <Waxx> "For christ's sake, we could dig a hole by hand faster than this.
Sep 06 23:37:12 <Ragazzo> "Twenty feet deep?"
Sep 06 23:37:17 <Waxx> "Yes."
Sep 06 23:37:20 <Ragazzo> "And thirty feet wide?"
Sep 06 23:37:22 <DawnyWorks> "Or we could each hold two lighters"
Sep 06 23:37:22 <Waxx> Dmitri is pretty sure of himself.
Sep 06 23:37:31 * Strife has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Sep 06 23:37:34 <Ragazzo> The sticks are pretty far apart.
Sep 06 23:37:39 <E4D> Jason heads out. "Gimme a hand, Alice? Charon? Colonel? Mikhail?"
Sep 06 23:37:47 <Gerald> "Of course, this entire venture would be considerably easier if we knew more of the monster we were facing." Charon follows.
Sep 06 23:38:13 <Ragazzo> "…?"
Sep 06 23:38:18 <Ragazzo> "What are we doing now?"
Sep 06 23:38:47 <Waxx> "Dusty, make your fucking hole already."
Sep 06 23:39:03 <Ragazzo> "I told you, god damn it, I need three more people."
Sep 06 23:39:06 <DawnyWorks> "Do I need to get me E-tool?"
Sep 06 23:39:28 <E4D> Jason takes his spot so that this show can get on the fucking road.
Sep 06 23:39:36 <Waxx> Dmitri and Misha are ready.
Sep 06 23:39:55 <DawnyWorks> Kay's ready, but looks a bit grumpy.
Sep 06 23:40:15 <Gerald> Charon grabs a lighter, and heads over to his spot.
Sep 06 23:40:17 <Ragazzo> "Need one more…"
Sep 06 23:40:22 <Ragazzo> "There we go."
Sep 06 23:40:53 <Ragazzo> Dusty kneels by an edge of the circle, and chalks one last section shut.
Sep 06 23:41:01 * Rights (~PI.BF0EFC49.1A349E52.3D65DC1F|ahtagA#PI.BF0EFC49.1A349E52.3D65DC1F|ahtagA) has joined #afteraction
Sep 06 23:41:06 <Ragazzo> "Alright. Light them."
Sep 06 23:41:17 <Gerald> Charon lights it.
Sep 06 23:41:23 <Waxx> Dmitri and Misha do so.
Sep 06 23:41:24 <Ragazzo> He's got his palms pressed flat to the circle's edge.
Sep 06 23:41:40 <DawnyWorks> Kay lights the stick.
Sep 06 23:41:56 <E4D> Jason does as well.
Sep 06 23:42:39 <MisterFlames> Midnight keeps an eye on things.
Sep 06 23:42:41 <Maddy> Alice is watching.
Sep 06 23:42:52 <Salmander> Redd stands to the side, a glove at his magnum.
Sep 06 23:43:26 <Ragazzo> The torches light, and then the only sound is dusty inhaling then exhaling, as he shuts his eyes.
Sep 06 23:43:45 <Ragazzo> 4df+8 The torches go out suddenly, and…
Sep 06 23:43:45 <Glacon> Ragazzo: The torches go out suddenly, and…: 7 (4df+8=-, 0, +, -)
Sep 06 23:44:09 <Ragazzo> Success?
Sep 06 23:44:30 <E4D> Yes.
Sep 06 23:44:48 * PaulS_laptop has quit (Ping timeout)
Sep 06 23:44:53 <Gerald> "….." Charon waits on bated breath.
Sep 06 23:44:53 <E4D> His control is great enought that he manages to NOT set himself on fire this time.
Sep 06 23:45:16 <Ragazzo> The circles dusty has chalked into the intersection burns like a star, eating away the asphlat, and then the earth below, quickly forming a perfect circle, twenty feet deep.
Sep 06 23:45:21 <Ragazzo> *circle
Sep 06 23:45:26 <DawnyWorks> ~I swear to fucking *god* this kid better not set himself on fire again…~
Sep 06 23:45:27 <Ragazzo> *asphalt
Sep 06 23:45:52 <Gerald> "The wonders of the arcane and magic beyond the grasp of mortals. Congratulations, you have dug a hole."
Sep 06 23:45:58 <Ragazzo> And there's a smoking pit.
Sep 06 23:46:08 * PaulS_laptop (~ten.dshqrabme.pchd.B32F7D7F-CRInys|luap#ten.dshqrabme.pchd.B32F7D7F-CRInys|luap) has joined #afteraction
Sep 06 23:46:10 <Waxx> Dmitri looks over the edge. "It is a hole, yes."
Sep 06 23:46:12 <Ragazzo> Dusty sits back, rubbing his temples.
Sep 06 23:46:24 <Salmander> "I don't get it, why did we do that?"
Sep 06 23:46:37 <Waxx> "That is where the bear goes."
Sep 06 23:47:06 <MisterFlames> "Simple. Put the shard in there, and unless it can fly it's trapped when we release what's within."
Sep 06 23:47:18 <E4D> Jason climbs down, placing the shard in the middle. «Alice, Colonel? Bring the heavy armor to two adjacent streets; 90 degree angle; I don't want them firing past each other.
Sep 06 23:47:22 <Ragazzo> "Ugh. it's going to fly, I know it is."
Sep 06 23:47:25 <Gerald> "Yes. That is were the bear goes. Let us go ahead and see what this 'monster' is. For some reason I am expecting it is not what we expect it to be. Or, dearest kitten, it is larger than the hole can hold."
Sep 06 23:47:42 <Ragazzo> "Both."
Sep 06 23:47:43 <Salmander> Redd steps back a bit and keeps his glove on his gun.
Sep 06 23:47:45 <Waxx> "Very good." Dmitri trots back towards Florence.
Sep 06 23:47:51 <Ragazzo> "It'll be a damn dragon, watch."
Sep 06 23:47:58 <MisterFlames> "There is that as well, Charon."
Sep 06 23:48:18 <DawnyWorks> Kay heads back to re-organizing the stryker.
Sep 06 23:48:19 <Ragazzo> Dusty backs away, wondering how jason just jumped into the twenty foot hole.
Sep 06 23:48:32 <Sabitsuki> with his feet, duh
Sep 06 23:49:00 <Waxx> Dmitir rolls up in Florence and parks it where Jason requests.
Sep 06 23:49:06 <Salmander> Fucking magic bullshit
Sep 06 23:49:14 <Gerald> Charon backs up from the hole.
Sep 06 23:49:47 <DawnyWorks> "Woah, woah" Kay stedies the stack of bottles she was moving when Dmitri dove.
Sep 06 23:49:51 <DawnyWorks> drove*
Sep 06 23:50:07 <E4D> Jason's in Oxide; a 20 foot frop isn't gonna hurt him; he tucked and rolled from a 4-story building in it before.
Sep 06 23:50:48 <Sabitsuki> Iyo ;_;
Sep 06 23:50:56 <E4D> <3 Iyo.
Sep 06 23:50:56 <MisterFlames> "Dusty, could you come here, please? I want to make a good circle, just in case." Midnight heads over to the side, and works to get things set up.
Sep 06 23:51:01 <PaulS_laptop> «what's with all this shit?»
Sep 06 23:51:04 <Maddy> DELAYED but Alice moves Eve.
Sep 06 23:51:28 <Gerald> «We have dug a hole. A hole we are about to fill with some monster, that we are be given, and I quote "free swag" to slay.»
Sep 06 23:51:29 <Ragazzo> "Coming."
Sep 06 23:51:40 <E4D> «Can I get a rope? As soon as my ass is out of here, and everyone's in place, we're cracking this bitch.»
Sep 06 23:51:40 <Gerald> «Naturally we know nothing about this monster or what it is capable of.»
Sep 06 23:51:42 <Ragazzo> Dusty goes over to midnight.
Sep 06 23:51:55 <Ragazzo> "Just a general circle to work with?"
Sep 06 23:53:14 <MisterFlames> "Yeah, no need to get fancy."
Sep 06 23:53:23 <Maddy> Alice tosses down a rope, tying it to Eve.
Sep 06 23:53:26 <Ragazzo> "Mmhmm."
Sep 06 23:53:30 <MisterFlames> 4df+4 Occult Maneuvers
Sep 06 23:53:30 <Glacon> MisterFlames: Occult Maneuvers: 7 (4df+4=+, 0, +, +)
Sep 06 23:54:50 <Waxx> "Well, as I believe the saying goes, let us get this road show on the highway."
Sep 06 23:54:50 <Gerald> Charon waits by. In case the monster needs persuaded, or something.
Sep 06 23:55:13 <DawnyWorks> "Let's get this show on the road, Sir"
Sep 06 23:55:17 <Salmander> Redd waits by. In case the monster is naked, or something.
Sep 06 23:55:28 <Ragazzo> 4df+4 Occult, dusty draws the circle for midnight.
Sep 06 23:55:28 <Glacon> Ragazzo: Occult, dusty draws the circle for midnight.: 4 (4df+4=0, +, -, 0)
Sep 06 23:56:19 <MisterFlames> Midnight projects the circle for Dusty to draw, a well balanced circle. for the two of them to work with.
Sep 06 23:56:47 <Ragazzo> Dusty draws it easily, because he's not some noobmage.
Sep 06 23:57:29 <Ragazzo> 4df+4 Occult maneuver for dusty, he's reviewing some likely transmutations he might try.
Sep 06 23:57:30 <Glacon> Ragazzo: Occult maneuver for dusty, he's reviewing some likely transmutations he might try.: 7 (4df+4=+, +, 0, +)
Sep 06 23:57:55 <E4D> Jason hauls himself out, and preps a frag.
Sep 06 23:58:17 * Tox is now known as Quidmore
Sep 06 23:58:22 <DawnyWorks> Kay watches, interested in this form of magic bull shit.
Sep 06 23:58:24 <Maddy> Alice has since changed into El-Ahrairah. <You sure this is a-a good idea?>
Sep 06 23:58:32 * Quidmore is now known as Tox
Sep 06 23:58:41 <Waxx> Dmitri climbs into Florence's gunner seat.
Sep 06 23:58:52 <E4D> "Alice, spotter?"
Sep 06 23:59:10 <Maddy> <R-right.> She climbs in.
Sep 06 23:59:18 <Gerald> Charon has, of course, moved to a point where the main group would be between him and the hole.
Sep 06 23:59:41 <MisterFlames> "Good circle, Dusty. We ought to be able to do most things from here…. unless we're going past our lore."
Sep 06 23:59:43 * Tom90deg (~ten.labolgcbs.omslts.deepsthgil.A25A99B5-CRInys|ged09moT#ten.labolgcbs.omslts.deepsthgil.A25A99B5-CRInys|ged09moT) has joined #afteraction
Sep 06 23:59:48 <DawnyWorks> Kay looks back at Charon and shakes her head. "Fuckking pussy"
Sep 06 23:59:52 <Ragazzo> "Mmm…"
Sep 07 00:00:05 <Ragazzo> "If things get to the point we have to…"
Sep 07 00:00:26 <Ragazzo> "Well, I'm just going to try and seal the pit back up, and hope that buys us enough time."
Sep 07 00:00:32 <Gerald> The gaunt spy stretches his limbs. No point in getting in the thing's way when there are grunts to do that for him.
Sep 07 00:01:12 <Waxx> Dmitri settles into the gunner's seat.
Sep 07 00:01:15 <MisterFlames> "Good idea,"
Sep 07 00:02:36 * Rights (~PI.BF0EFC49.1A349E52.3D65DC1F|ahtagA#PI.BF0EFC49.1A349E52.3D65DC1F|ahtagA) has left #afteraction
Sep 07 00:03:09 <Ragazzo> "Only if it works…"
Sep 07 00:03:16 <Ragazzo> "I bet it's a dragon."
Sep 07 00:03:37 <Gerald> Charon would not be surprised if it was a tiny rabbit that appeared.
Sep 07 00:05:59 <Ragazzo> "No one is in the hole, right?"
Sep 07 00:06:04 <Ragazzo> *«»
Sep 07 00:06:07 <E4D> Jason closes his faceplate and climbs into Eve. «Armor needs drivers. Someone mount up with the Colonel. Alice and I need one. I recommend you stay in or behind the armor until the threat has been ascertained.»
Sep 07 00:06:08 <MisterFlames> "A dragon might be interesting."
Sep 07 00:06:27 <DawnyWorks> Kay goes to be Dmirti's driver.
Sep 07 00:06:29 <Gerald> «I shall volunteer for such a dangerous duty.» Why the hell not, Charon hops in.
Sep 07 00:06:42 <Gerald> He hops in Jason's and Alice's, that is.
Sep 07 00:06:45 <Ragazzo> «Because if this goes as poorly as I expect, I'm closing this hole up.»
Sep 07 00:06:58 <DawnyWorks> «I'm your driver, Sir»
Sep 07 00:06:59 <Waxx> «Driver, stand by.»
Sep 07 00:07:20 <E4D> Jason pulls the pin on the frag, and holds it.
Sep 07 00:07:58 <E4D> «Everyone ready?»
Sep 07 00:08:06 <Ragazzo> «Yep.»
Sep 07 00:08:07 <DawnyWorks> «Ready»
Sep 07 00:08:13 <Gerald> «Ready, I suppose.»
Sep 07 00:08:16 <Salmander> «Eh, fuck, sure.»
Sep 07 00:08:24 <Salmander> Redd backs up a few more steps
Sep 07 00:08:28 <MisterFlames> «Magic team ready»
Sep 07 00:08:50 <E4D> He releases the spoon, chucks the grenade into the pit, and clambers down into the turret.
Sep 07 00:08:57 <Ragazzo> «That almost sounded cool, midnight.»
Sep 07 00:09:23 <MisterFlames> «Thank you, Dusty.»
Sep 07 00:10:13 <E4D> *BANG*
Sep 07 00:10:21 <Ragazzo> Dusty chuckles nervously. "If it's wolves…"
Sep 07 00:10:51 <Waxx> Dmitri flexes his hands. It feels good to be a tank commander!
Sep 07 00:11:07 <MisterFlames> "I hated those… but remember that I had a plan then, too."
Sep 07 00:11:19 <Ragazzo> "Mmm…"
Sep 07 00:11:23 <Sabitsuki> There's the sound of breaking glass. Entirely too loud, considering the size of the shard.
Sep 07 00:11:43 * PaulS_laptop has quit (Ping timeout)
Sep 07 00:12:14 <E4D> Jason primes the Bushmaster. «Alice! Colonel! Guns up! I want to hear those goddamn things spinning! Drivers, stand by to full reverse! Magic Team, stand by to collapse and displace to the armor!»
Sep 07 00:12:36 <Maddy> «R-right!»
Sep 07 00:12:40 <Salmander> "I'll, uh, wait here."
Sep 07 00:12:41 <Sabitsuki> The sun goes out.
Sep 07 00:12:46 <MisterFlames> «Roger.»
Sep 07 00:12:49 <DawnyWorks> «Copy»
Sep 07 00:12:50 <Maddy> Eve's gun spins!
Sep 07 00:12:50 <Ragazzo> "…god /damn it/."
Sep 07 00:13:05 <Sabitsuki> Your throats all start to feel sore.
Sep 07 00:13:06 <Waxx> «Driver, go to thermals.» Dmitri begins spinning up the guns. Misha hurries over and embarks in Florence.
Sep 07 00:13:09 <Ragazzo> Dusty looks up to check for dragons.
Sep 07 00:13:10 * PaulS_laptop (~ten.dshqrabme.pchd.B32F7D7F-CRInys|luap#ten.dshqrabme.pchd.B32F7D7F-CRInys|luap) has joined #afteraction
Sep 07 00:13:18 <Sabitsuki> * The moonlight fades to nothing.
Sep 07 00:13:27 <E4D> Jason activates the LAV's infrared systems and weapon lights, illuminating the pit.
Sep 07 00:13:43 <Gerald> Charon yawns.
Sep 07 00:13:54 <DawnyWorks> Kay swallows a few times and thinks about tea.
Sep 07 00:14:00 <Ragazzo> Dusty peers down into the illuminated pit if there is nothing in the sky.
Sep 07 00:15:03 <Gerald> Charon has, in fact, gone thermal.
Sep 07 00:15:10 * Tox|Laptop (~ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.6D6DAB35-CRInys|agemO#ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.6D6DAB35-CRInys|agemO) has joined #afteraction
Sep 07 00:15:35 <Sabitsuki> There is nothing in the pit.
Sep 07 00:15:49 <Sabitsuki> Besides the remains of a piece of red glass.
Sep 07 00:15:51 <Salmander> Redd shifts.
Sep 07 00:15:59 <Gerald> «Ah, as I said. It is probably unlike what we expect it to be.»
Sep 07 00:16:09 * Dr_Kens has quit (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.87 [Firefox 6.0.1/20110830092941])
Sep 07 00:16:15 <Ragazzo> «…invisible, or it moved somewhere else really fast.»
Sep 07 00:16:15 * PaulS_laptop has quit (Ping timeout)
Sep 07 00:16:25 <Maddy> «Nothing's e-ever easy. N-never expect it to b-be.»
Sep 07 00:16:37 <Sabitsuki> Perception, everyone.
Sep 07 00:16:44 <Ragazzo> 4df Aw hell
Sep 07 00:16:45 <Glacon> Ragazzo: Aw hell: -2 (4df=+, -, -, -)
Sep 07 00:16:56 <Salmander> 4df+3 Seeing red
Sep 07 00:16:56 <Glacon> Salmander: Seeing red: 3 (4df+3=-, +, +, -)
Sep 07 00:17:01 <Waxx> 4df+6 Dmitri perception
Sep 07 00:17:01 <Glacon> Waxx: Dmitri perception: 5 (4df+6=0, -, -, +)
Sep 07 00:17:14 <MisterFlames> 4df+4 Cat's eyes.
Sep 07 00:17:14 <Glacon> MisterFlames: Cat's eyes.: 7 (4df+4=0, +, +, +)
Sep 07 00:17:15 <Maddy> 4df+6 Spotter Power!
Sep 07 00:17:15 <Glacon> Maddy: Spotter Power!: 6 (4df+6=-, +, 0, 0)
Sep 07 00:17:17 <Gerald> 4df+2 Eve eyes!
Sep 07 00:17:18 <Glacon> Gerald: Eve eyes!: -2 (4df+2=-, -, -, -)
Sep 07 00:17:29 <DawnyWorks> 4df+2 driver
Sep 07 00:17:29 <Glacon> DawnyWorks: driver: 4 (4df+2=0, +, 0, +)
Sep 07 00:17:40 <E4D> 4df+4 I spy with my little G2AF solid state PAS Nitrogen series thermal system
Sep 07 00:17:40 <Glacon> E4D: I spy with my little G2AF solid state PAS Nitrogen series thermal system: 4 (4df+4=+, -, -, +)
Sep 07 00:18:35 <Sabitsuki> 4df+6 Stealth.
Sep 07 00:18:35 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: Stealth.: 8 (4df+6=-, +, +, +)
Sep 07 00:19:15 <Sabitsuki> Nothing of note happens that anyone can observe.
Sep 07 00:19:20 * Flames (~ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.16251B5-CRInys|SD#ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.16251B5-CRInys|SD) has joined #afteraction
Sep 07 00:19:20 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Flames
Sep 07 00:19:58 <Maddy> «I d-don't like this.»
Sep 07 00:20:00 <E4D> «All stations, Magic Team, mount up, drivers, full reverse after they're on board.»
Sep 07 00:20:08 <E4D> «Shag it, Magic Team.»
Sep 07 00:20:15 <Salmander> Redd back up some more.
Sep 07 00:20:20 <Ragazzo> «It's here, somewhere…»
Sep 07 00:20:52 <Ragazzo> «I hate the sneaky ones.»
Sep 07 00:20:53 <Gerald> «Oh yes, which may have been the plan of our wonderful little traders, all along. We have unleashed this beast for them.»
Sep 07 00:21:07 * MisterFlames has quit (Ping timeout)
Sep 07 00:21:09 <Gerald> Charon backs that shit up, yo.
Sep 07 00:21:16 <Sabitsuki> Dusty, physically defend.
Sep 07 00:21:26 <Ragazzo> 4df+4 Aw sheeeet
Sep 07 00:21:27 <Glacon> Ragazzo: Aw sheeeet: 1 (4df+4=-, -, -, 0)
Sep 07 00:21:31 <Ragazzo> ….
Sep 07 00:21:36 <E4D> Jason swings the turret around, checking for a target.
Sep 07 00:21:40 <Sabitsuki> 4df+6 Melee Weapons.
Sep 07 00:21:41 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: Melee Weapons.: 7 (4df+6=0, -, +, +)
Sep 07 00:21:46 <Sabitsuki> AHAHAHA
Sep 07 00:23:19 <Flames> Midnight runs to the LAV, her tail down as she moves in obvious retreat.
Sep 07 00:23:39 <Ragazzo> Dusty is just getting up, when…
Sep 07 00:24:09 <Sabitsuki> There's no sound save one of flesh vs metal as Dusty is pitched into the solid wall of the LAV. The thing's touch is like liquid ice moving through his body, and Dusty will /instinctively/ know it is wrong. Metacreature (Red) expends a Fate point to deal Dusty another point of Body damage for every 2 actions he makes.
Sep 07 00:24:18 <Sabitsuki> -1 Body.
Sep 07 00:24:52 <Ragazzo> "Hrk!"
Sep 07 00:24:54 <Salmander> "The fuck was that!?"
Sep 07 00:25:03 <E4D> Can we fire?
Sep 07 00:25:14 <Flames> "I don't know." Midnight stops to look around.
Sep 07 00:25:50 <Ragazzo> Dusty crumples, getting into a sitting position with immense difficulty.
Sep 07 00:26:05 <Waxx> «Driver, reverse.»
Sep 07 00:26:30 <DawnyWorks> Kay battles herself, but reverses as ordered.
Sep 07 00:26:47 <Sabitsuki> You could fire on the last place it was, or make a perception check.
Sep 07 00:26:53 <Sabitsuki> Or whatever you can think of.
Sep 07 00:27:07 <Waxx> 4df+6 Dmitri uses the optics to scan. Perception.
Sep 07 00:27:07 <Glacon> Waxx: Dmitri uses the optics to scan. Perception.: 7 (4df+6=+, +, 0, -)
Sep 07 00:27:08 <Gerald> 4df+2 I can has perception?
Sep 07 00:27:09 <Glacon> Gerald: I can has perception?: 1 (4df+2=+, -, -, 0)
Sep 07 00:27:13 <Maddy> 4df+6 Scanning
Sep 07 00:27:14 <Glacon> Maddy: Scanning: 10 (4df+6=+, +, +, +)
Sep 07 00:27:14 <E4D> 4df+4 Checking for a target
Sep 07 00:27:15 <Glacon> E4D: Checking for a target: 3 (4df+4=-, 0, 0, 0)
Sep 07 00:27:26 <Ragazzo> Dusty flings a vial of acid at wherever the hell he thinks it is.
Sep 07 00:27:31 <Ragazzo> 4df Throw!
Sep 07 00:27:31 <Glacon> Ragazzo: Throw!: 0 (4df=+, -, -, +)
Sep 07 00:27:47 <DawnyWorks> 4df+2 where is it?
Sep 07 00:27:47 <Flames> 4df+4 Perception
Sep 07 00:27:47 <Glacon> DawnyWorks: where is it?: 3 (4df+2=+, 0, -, +)
Sep 07 00:27:47 <Glacon> Flames: Perception: 3 (4df+4=-, -, 0, +)
Sep 07 00:27:52 <Salmander> 4df+3 Perception. Redd begins to run backwards, away from the pit.
Sep 07 00:27:53 <Glacon> Salmander: Perception. Redd begins to run backwards, away from the pit.: 4 (4df+3=+, 0, 0, 0)
Sep 07 00:28:23 * PaulS_laptop (~ten.dshqrabme.pchd.B32F7D7F-CRInys|luap#ten.dshqrabme.pchd.B32F7D7F-CRInys|luap) has joined #afteraction
Sep 07 00:29:34 <Sabitsuki> 4df+6 Stealth
Sep 07 00:29:35 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: Stealth: 6 (4df+6=-, 0, +, 0)
Sep 07 00:30:17 <Ragazzo> "Ugh…" Dusty scrabbles for his radio.
Sep 07 00:30:45 <Ragazzo> «Don't let this thing touch you…some sort of phantom, or something…»
Sep 07 00:31:00 <DawnyWorks> «How bad are you hurt?»
Sep 07 00:31:00 <E4D> «Copy, Dusty! Get on board!»
Sep 07 00:31:48 <Ragazzo> «Had worse. It's like it shoved a chunk of ice into my chest though.»
Sep 07 00:32:16 <Ragazzo> Dusty gets to his feet, and starts looking for the entrance to eve.
Sep 07 00:32:23 <Sabitsuki> Alice sees it first on her thermals - a vaguely humanoid collection of arms. Something resembling a caved-in skull turns to look through the cam at her - lacking features - and then disappears, going cold. Dmitri will note an extremely vague silhouette in the same position Alice saw it.
Sep 07 00:32:27 <Gerald> «Quite unpleasant, regardless. You may wish to board a vehicle, though.» Charon pops open the passenger door.
Sep 07 00:32:36 <Ragazzo> "God damn invisible bullshit."
Sep 07 00:32:40 <Ragazzo> Dusty gets in.
Sep 07 00:32:43 <Flames> Midnight heads toward the entrance. "Follow me, Dusty."
Sep 07 00:32:57 <Flames> Midnight rumbles unpleasantly.
Sep 07 00:33:07 <Waxx> «I have contact.»
Sep 07 00:33:32 <Salmander> «Where is the fucker?»
Sep 07 00:33:33 <Maddy> «Fuck! I had it then l-lost it! Fire o-on last position?»
Sep 07 00:33:34 <Gerald> «Now, whatever it is, it can escape the pit.»
Sep 07 00:33:41 <Ragazzo> Dusty reaches out and scratches behind midnight's ears.
Sep 07 00:33:43 <E4D> «ALICE, I GOT IT! MARKING WITH FIRE! ALL SHOOTERS, WEAPONS HOT! GUNS, GUNS, GUNS!!!»
Sep 07 00:33:52 <Waxx> 4df+5 Dmitri swings the turret round and fires a burst from the minigun.
Sep 07 00:33:52 <Glacon> Waxx: Dmitri swings the turret round and fires a burst from the minigun.: 5 (4df+5=+, 0, -, 0)
Sep 07 00:33:55 <Ragazzo> «Already is out. How do you think it hit me…»
Sep 07 00:34:12 <Maddy> 4df+5 GO!
Sep 07 00:34:12 <Glacon> Maddy: GO!: 6 (4df+5=+, -, 0, +)
Sep 07 00:34:20 <E4D> 4df+7 Jason saturates the area with 25mm fire.
Sep 07 00:34:21 <Glacon> E4D: Jason saturates the area with 25mm fire.: 5 (4df+7=+, -, -, -)
Sep 07 00:34:42 <Sabitsuki> 4df+5 Physical Defense
Sep 07 00:34:42 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: Physical Defense: 6 (4df+5=-, 0, +, +)
Sep 07 00:35:21 <Gerald> «That is what I am saying, yes. It is fast,nigh invisible, and can either fly or move with such speed that flight is irrelevant. Now, my suggestion would be to find a way to cripple one such advantage. Perhaps find a way to permanently mark it.»
Sep 07 00:35:48 <Ragazzo> «Should have set the floor of the pit on fire.»
Sep 07 00:35:52 <Flames> 4df+6 Midnight, meanwhile, attempts to locate the nasty with her mental abilities.
Sep 07 00:35:52 <Glacon> Flames: Midnight, meanwhile, attempts to locate the nasty with her mental abilities.: 6 (4df+6=+, -, 0, 0)
Sep 07 00:35:55 <Ragazzo> «Would havee en so easy.»
Sep 07 00:36:01 <Ragazzo> *have been
Sep 07 00:36:13 <E4D> «Trust me, if we hit the thing with 25 mike mike HEI, we're gonna know where it is…»
Sep 07 00:36:22 <Salmander> «Anyone have some gasoline in a jerry can?»
Sep 07 00:36:43 <Gerald> «I believe we have smoke grenades upon this vehicle, yes? And, assuming the beast has a physical body, then would such smoke at least give us some clue as to its form?»
Sep 07 00:36:58 <Sabitsuki> The fire saturates the area where it…was.
Sep 07 00:37:30 <E4D> «I'm open to any idea at this point, Boatman.»
Sep 07 00:38:51 <E4D> …
Sep 07 00:38:58 <Waxx> …is it our turn?
Sep 07 00:39:24 <Sabitsuki> 4df+6 Athletics maneuver to Melee.
Sep 07 00:39:24 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: Athletics maneuver to Melee.: 7 (4df+6=+, 0, +, -)
Sep 07 00:39:33 <Sabitsuki> Now it is.
Sep 07 00:39:39 * PaulS_laptop has quit (Ping timeout)
Sep 07 00:39:43 <Waxx> «Driver, halt. Dodge Ridge, I am firing smoke.»
Sep 07 00:39:53 <E4D> «Copy.»
Sep 07 00:40:07 <DawnyWorks> «Copy» Kay stops.
Sep 07 00:40:13 <Gerald> «I would suggest the same for the Eve, whosoever has that capability.»
Sep 07 00:40:14 <Waxx> «Driver, engage smoke projector.»
Sep 07 00:40:25 <Ragazzo> 4df+4 Hard science roll, dusty is cobbling together a molotov cocktail.
Sep 07 00:40:25 <Glacon> Ragazzo: Hard science roll, dusty is cobbling together a molotov cocktail.: 4 (4df+4=0, 0, 0, 0)
Sep 07 00:40:30 <E4D> «That would be you, Driver.»
Sep 07 00:40:31 <DawnyWorks> Kay seals the stryker up.
Sep 07 00:40:44 <DawnyWorks> «Fuck off Corporal»
Sep 07 00:41:29 <DawnyWorks> Kay fires smoke!
Sep 07 00:41:32 <Gerald> «Oh, my apologies, I see now.» Charon starts up the smokes.
Sep 07 00:41:34 * PaulS_laptop (~ten.dshqrabme.pchd.B32F7D7F-CRInys|luap#ten.dshqrabme.pchd.B32F7D7F-CRInys|luap) has joined #afteraction
Sep 07 00:41:41 <Salmander> Redd stands by, pointing his magnum in random directions.
Sep 07 00:41:49 <E4D> «Settle the fuck down, Doc, I was talking to Charon. You know, *our* *driver*.»
Sep 07 00:42:35 <DawnyWorks> «YOu know what, I quit»
Sep 07 00:43:34 <Salmander> «Doc you can't quit now without bein' torn to shreds. Stop bitchin' and help us kill the fucker.»
Sep 07 00:43:48 <E4D> «Back up, drivers, clear the smoke!»
Sep 07 00:43:59 <E4D> 4df+4 Jason again tries to spot the thing.
Sep 07 00:43:59 <Glacon> E4D: Jason again tries to spot the thing.: 4 (4df+4=0, -, +, 0)
Sep 07 00:44:00 <DawnyWorks> Kay does so.
Sep 07 00:44:02 <Waxx> «Driver, reverse.»
Sep 07 00:44:04 <Gerald> Charon backs the fuck up.
Sep 07 00:44:27 <Waxx> 4df+8 Tagging Professional Russian. Dmitri sprays a burst through the smoke in an attempt to tag it once.
Sep 07 00:44:28 <Glacon> Waxx: Tagging Professional Russian. Dmitri sprays a burst through the smoke in an attempt to tag it once.: 8 (4df+8=0, +, 0, -)
Sep 07 00:46:47 <Sabitsuki> 4df+7 In the smoke.
Sep 07 00:46:47 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: In the smoke.: 9 (4df+7=+, -, +, +)
Sep 07 00:46:59 <Sabitsuki> That was defense.
Sep 07 00:47:08 <Sabitsuki> 4df+6 Stealth
Sep 07 00:47:08 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: Stealth: 5 (4df+6=0, -, +, -)
Sep 07 00:48:16 <E4D> «I don't see shit.»
Sep 07 00:48:30 <Salmander> Redd runs over to the Stryker. "DO YOU HAVE ANY FUCKIN' GAS?"
Sep 07 00:48:44 <Ragazzo> "It's somewhere in front of us, right?"
Sep 07 00:48:46 <Sabitsuki> There's several humanoid silhouette in the smoke - Dmitri tags one of them, and it goes down. The others note their comrade going down, and then their silhouettes disappear.
Sep 07 00:48:53 <Gerald> 4df+4 Perception, again.
Sep 07 00:48:54 <Glacon> Gerald: Perception, again.: 4 (4df+4=0, -, +, 0)
Sep 07 00:49:08 <E4D> "What the *fuck*?"
Sep 07 00:49:20 <Ragazzo> "…the fuck."
Sep 07 00:49:32 <Maddy> «There are more th-than one? O-oh god…»
Sep 07 00:49:37 <Gerald> «Ah, case in point. There are multiple creatures.»
Sep 07 00:50:06 <Ragazzo> «Ok, screw it. Is anyone /not/ in a vehicle?»
Sep 07 00:50:17 <E4D> 4df+7 Jason sweeps the smoke with the 25 mike mike.
Sep 07 00:50:17 <Glacon> E4D: Jason sweeps the smoke with the 25 mike mike.: 7 (4df+7=0, 0, 0, 0)
Sep 07 00:50:26 <Salmander> «Let's spray some goddamn gas on the ground and light the thing up.»
Sep 07 00:50:33 <Maddy> 4df+5 Sweeping as well/
Sep 07 00:50:35 <Glacon> Maddy: Sweeping as well/: 5 (4df+5=0, +, -, 0)
Sep 07 00:51:14 <Gerald> Charon has an idea, but it's going to have to wait now.
Sep 07 00:51:23 <E4D> «We gotta get lucky some time or another.»
Sep 07 00:51:26 <Sabitsuki> 4df+7 Smoke Defense
Sep 07 00:51:26 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: Smoke Defense: 6 (4df+7=+, 0, -, -)
Sep 07 00:51:40 <Ragazzo> 4df+4 Alchemy, dusty magically supercharges his cocktail.
Sep 07 00:51:40 <Glacon> Ragazzo: Alchemy, dusty magically supercharges his cocktail.: 6 (4df+4=+, 0, +, 0)
Sep 07 00:52:58 * PaulS_laptop has quit (Ping timeout)
Sep 07 00:53:07 <Sabitsuki> Jason's fire tags one of the figures, which also goes down. It grasps at a brother nearby, but the other apparently pushes it away, leaving it to die before disappearing again.
Sep 07 00:53:51 <Flames> 4df+4 Midnight works toward bettering her chances here. (Occult Maneuver)
Sep 07 00:53:52 <Glacon> Flames: Midnight works toward bettering her chances here. (Occult Maneuver): 4 (4df+4=+, +, -, -)
Sep 07 00:54:22 <Ragazzo> «Right, if anyone is still outside a vehicle, they should get in one…»
Sep 07 00:54:37 <Sabitsuki> Dusty maneuver succeeds, but the poison in his bloodstream is taking a toil. -1 Body.
Sep 07 00:54:49 <Sabitsuki> It's a fever.
Sep 07 00:55:04 <Gerald> «Of course, we could simply try throwing something very large where we believe them to be. Chance would more than likely be with us.»
Sep 07 00:55:25 <Salmander> Redd nods and dives into the stryker.
Sep 07 00:55:27 <Waxx> «…Large, like a vehicle.»
Sep 07 00:55:33 <Gerald> Charon grins.
Sep 07 00:55:34 <Sabitsuki> 4df+7 Melee vs Florence
Sep 07 00:55:34 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: Melee vs Florence: 7 (4df+7=-, +, 0, 0)
Sep 07 00:55:38 <Gerald> «Very much like a vehicle.»
Sep 07 00:55:46 <Sabitsuki> 4df+7 Florence's defense
Sep 07 00:55:47 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: Florence's defense: 7 (4df+7=+, -, +, -)
Sep 07 00:56:23 <Sabitsuki> A thousand half inch dents resound on Florence's surface.
Sep 07 00:56:33 <Waxx> «Driver! Report!»
Sep 07 00:56:49 <DawnyWorks> «Here Sir»
Sep 07 00:56:53 <Ragazzo> Dusty sways briefly, having trouble focusing, but leans out a window.
Sep 07 00:57:00 <Waxx> «We are taking fire!»
Sep 07 00:57:04 <E4D> «Florence, run that bitch over.»
Sep 07 00:57:20 <DawnyWorks> «Nothing got through…Copy Corporal»
Sep 07 00:57:23 <Waxx> «Driver, all forward. Move!»
Sep 07 00:57:35 <DawnyWorks> 4df+4 Run that bitch over
Sep 07 00:57:35 <Glacon> DawnyWorks: Run that bitch over: 2 (4df+4=-, -, +, -)
Sep 07 00:57:39 <Ragazzo> He flings the rose-god-killer towards where he suspects the bastards are.
Sep 07 00:57:46 <Waxx> «Dodge Ridge, I would remind you that you have your -own- vehicle to command.»
Sep 07 00:57:58 <Sabitsuki> 4df+5 Physical Defense
Sep 07 00:57:58 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: Physical Defense: 7 (4df+5=0, 0, +, +)
Sep 07 00:58:02 <E4D> «Copy.»
Sep 07 00:58:28 <Sabitsuki> Florence runs over naught but air.
Sep 07 00:58:29 <Gerald> Charon revs up the tank, and drives towards where he believes the things to be. He might have put a bit more force than necessary, honestly. But he wants to run someone over with a tank.
Sep 07 00:59:19 <Ragazzo> 4df Thrown weappons
Sep 07 00:59:20 <Gerald> 4df+6 Melee, tagging Dark Ferryman.
Sep 07 00:59:20 <Glacon> Ragazzo: Thrown weappons: 0 (4df=0, -, +, 0)
Sep 07 00:59:20 <Glacon> Gerald: Melee, tagging Dark Ferryman.: 9 (4df+6=+, +, 0, +)
Sep 07 00:59:28 <Flames> 4df+6 Midnight changes tactics, instead of trying to deal with the fight, she works instead to heal Dusty of the poison and his wounds. (Occult Maneuver and tapping Here, Kitty Kitty)
Sep 07 00:59:28 <Glacon> Flames: Midnight changes tactics, instead of trying to deal with the fight, she works instead to heal Dusty of the poison and his wounds. (Occult Maneuver and tapping Here, Kitty Kitty): 7 (4df+6=+, 0, -, +)
Sep 07 00:59:34 <Ragazzo> 1d100 FIYAH
Sep 07 00:59:34 <Glacon> Ragazzo: FIYAH: 89 (1d100=89)
Sep 07 00:59:38 <Dexanote> …
Sep 07 01:00:04 <Ragazzo> «Covers your eyes, everyone.»
Sep 07 01:01:58 <Salmander> Redd jumps to the far corner of the Stryker and crumples.
Sep 07 01:02:05 * PaulS_laptop (~ten.dshqrabme.pchd.B32F7D7F-CRInys|luap#ten.dshqrabme.pchd.B32F7D7F-CRInys|luap) has joined #afteraction
Sep 07 01:03:38 <Gerald> Charon very much wishes to step out of the Eve at one point and see red smears on the side.
Sep 07 01:04:38 <Sabitsuki> 4df+5 Defense
Sep 07 01:04:38 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: Defense: 2 (4df+5=-, 0, -, -)
Sep 07 01:04:58 <Sabitsuki> Dusty, describe the explosion.
Sep 07 01:06:26 <Sabitsuki> Midnight can think of nothing on the creature besides vague, mulled description in old books basically amounting to "don't fucking summon these things, you turd"
Sep 07 01:06:41 <Ragazzo> A small, shining orb can be seen winging through the air. It crashes to the ground, and there's a brief moment of silence, before the ground around them is /literally/ /fire/. The earth is burning.
Sep 07 01:07:08 <E4D> <JESUS CHRIST>
Sep 07 01:07:18 <Sabitsuki> If anyone is outside, they need to roll defense.
Sep 07 01:07:34 <Ragazzo> «I said to cover your damn eyes.»
Sep 07 01:07:49 <Waxx> «Driver, push through this artillery fire. No stopping.»
Sep 07 01:08:05 <Waxx> «Our martial zeal will protect us.»
Sep 07 01:08:07 <Tom90deg> Zoe looks out the window of her room, there's some kind of bright light out there. "Heh….Dusty…"
Sep 07 01:08:21 <Sabitsuki> There's a few *thunks* as Charon backs up, somehow catching an eldritch intelligence in a 'derp' moment. Dusty is contagious, I suppose.
Sep 07 01:08:26 <DawnyWorks> «Copy Sir» Kay does so.
Sep 07 01:09:01 <Gerald> «HAHAHAHA!» The laugh is beyond maniacal, and simply deranged. «Dearest Dusty, together you and I shall burn the world!»
Sep 07 01:09:36 <Sabitsuki> Meanwhile the supernova to Earth serves to illuminate vaguely twisted humanoid figures, all on fire. They seem unbothered by the fire even as they fall to it - there are hundreds.
Sep 07 01:09:39 <Salmander> «Don't encourage him.»
Sep 07 01:09:44 <Waxx> Charon's choice of words reminds him of something he once told his wife. Dmitri narrows his eyes and presses his face further into the viewfinder.
Sep 07 01:09:45 <Ragazzo> «It's adorable that you think I'd need the help.»
Sep 07 01:10:09 <Waxx> «Raze the earth to the ground. There is to be no stopping until we are finished.»
Sep 07 01:10:29 <Gerald> Charon keeps driving the fuck over them. In a fucking tank.
Sep 07 01:10:40 <Sabitsuki> Perception, people in Eve.
Sep 07 01:10:46 <Ragazzo> 4df Erm
Sep 07 01:10:47 <Glacon> Ragazzo: Erm: 0 (4df=+, -, +, -)
Sep 07 01:10:49 <E4D> 4df+4 Ffffff
Sep 07 01:10:49 <Glacon> E4D: Ffffff: 4 (4df+4=+, 0, -, 0)
Sep 07 01:10:52 <Flames> 4df+4 Midnight is a person!
Sep 07 01:10:53 <Glacon> Flames: Midnight is a person!: 6 (4df+4=+, +, -, +)
Sep 07 01:11:00 <Gerald> 4df+2
Sep 07 01:11:00 <Glacon> Gerald: 4 (4df+2=0, +, +, 0)
Sep 07 01:11:05 <Maddy> 4df+6
Sep 07 01:11:06 <Glacon> Maddy: 5 (4df+6=0, -, 0, 0)
Sep 07 01:11:38 <Salmander> Redd remains crumpled in the corner. Fucking fire.
Sep 07 01:11:55 <Sabitsuki> Everyone but Dusty, who is apparently too drunk on power to notice, hears the sound of something like a hundred welding torches being lit.
Sep 07 01:12:25 <Maddy> «G-great, w-what was t-that?»
Sep 07 01:12:43 <Waxx> «Driver, all forward, to the ends of the earth. Raze it all to the ground and do not stop until I find my wife again.»
Sep 07 01:12:50 <Sabitsuki> The Eve's left wall begins to glow orange.
Sep 07 01:12:57 <Ragazzo> "…."
Sep 07 01:13:00 <Gerald> «….Oh.»
Sep 07 01:13:02 <DawnyWorks> «Co…umm…Copy Sir»
Sep 07 01:13:03 <Maddy> «Fuck!»
Sep 07 01:13:06 <Ragazzo> "God /damn/ /it/."
Sep 07 01:13:07 <E4D> Jason climbs up past Alice, leaning just far enough out of the turret to point his rifle.
Sep 07 01:13:15 <Waxx> «HAVE COURAGE, DRIVER.»
Sep 07 01:13:27 <Gerald> «Heavens.»
Sep 07 01:13:56 <Salmander> Good thing Redd is in Florence.
Sep 07 01:14:02 <E4D> 4df+8 Tagging Defcon and tapping an action point, spraying fore along the side of Eve.
Sep 07 01:14:02 <Glacon> E4D: Tagging Defcon and tapping an action point, spraying fore along the side of Eve.: 8 (4df+8=0, -, 0, +)
Sep 07 01:14:08 <Flames> "Dusty! Reinforce the wall, if you can!"
Sep 07 01:14:10 <E4D> *fire
Sep 07 01:14:17 <Ragazzo> "I…I can try…"
Sep 07 01:14:23 <Ragazzo> Dusty is out of fate points.
Sep 07 01:14:25 <Gerald> Charon gets ready to hopefully beat the shit out of one of this things. Or several.
Sep 07 01:14:27 <Gerald> Or dozens.
Sep 07 01:14:30 <Ragazzo> I need a compel here!
Sep 07 01:14:37 <Maddy> «Charon, get us o-out of here!»
Sep 07 01:14:52 <DawnyWorks> «Yes Sir»
Sep 07 01:14:53 <Sabitsuki> 4df+5
Sep 07 01:14:54 <Gerald> Charon drives as best he can, to get the fuck out of there.
Sep 07 01:15:18 <Gerald> «Still hoping for you 'free swag', dearest Corporal?»
Sep 07 01:15:20 <Waxx> «Dodge Ridge, get under cover. I am targeting you now.»
Sep 07 01:15:38 <E4D> Jason yanks ALice diwn into the turret after dumping his mag.
Sep 07 01:15:45 <Waxx> Dmitri trains Florence's turret onto Eve's hull.
Sep 07 01:15:50 <Maddy> Alice it dragged!
Sep 07 01:16:02 <Gerald> Charon prays that the wall is going to hold against Dmitri's fire.
Sep 07 01:16:21 <Sabitsuki> 4df+5 Defense
Sep 07 01:16:21 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: Defense: 6 (4df+5=+, -, 0, +)
Sep 07 01:16:28 <Sabitsuki> Roll Weapons, Dmitri
Sep 07 01:16:31 <Waxx> «Batyenko, target that vehicle and fire.»
Sep 07 01:16:37 <Waxx> 4df+5 Firing
Sep 07 01:16:37 <Glacon> Waxx: Firing: 3 (4df+5=-, +, -, -)
Sep 07 01:17:36 <Sabitsuki> 4df+5 Defense
Sep 07 01:17:37 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: Defense: 6 (4df+5=+, 0, -, +)
Sep 07 01:17:52 <Sabitsuki> 4df+8 Eve's defense
Sep 07 01:17:53 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: Eve's defense: 8 (4df+8=+, -, 0, 0)
Sep 07 01:18:50 <Sabitsuki> Jason tags…something in the skull as it slumps against the wall of the LAV, blinking purple for a second and then fading.
Sep 07 01:19:18 <Sabitsuki> Dmitri hits nothing as whatever was there apparently scatters again. The gunfire pings off Eve's red hot hull.
Sep 07 01:19:48 <Sabitsuki> Jason, defend yourself.
Sep 07 01:20:44 <E4D> 4df+4
Sep 07 01:20:44 <Glacon> E4D: 2 (4df+4=-, -, 0, 0)
Sep 07 01:21:04 <Waxx> He hollers down into the crew compartment, off the radio net. "We have them on the run! Dekanozov, as soon as we sweep the area clear, I want your squad disembarked and on the ground."
Sep 07 01:21:31 <DawnyWorks> "S-Sir? There's no one there…"
Sep 07 01:21:36 <Waxx> Somewhere in the recesses of his mind, Dekanozov answers him and makes his squad of ghosts ready.
Sep 07 01:21:40 <Gerald> Charon flinches as the bullets ping off of the vehicle.
Sep 07 01:22:07 <Gerald> «I have quite some experience surviving, Colonel Strelnikov. Please do not shoot me.» He's still driving.
Sep 07 01:22:33 <Sabitsuki> 4df+5 *BANG*
Sep 07 01:22:34 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: *BANG*: 8 (4df+5=+, +, +, 0)
Sep 07 01:23:14 <Salmander> The hat pokes up. «Fire still ragin'?»
Sep 07 01:23:25 <Ragazzo> «Yes.»
Sep 07 01:23:50 <DawnyWorks> «Sir? Are you alright?»
Sep 07 01:23:55 <Sabitsuki> An orange hole appears on the inside of the LAV's turret compartment, an invisible hand reaching through the solid metal and quickly and violently slamming Jason's helmeted head back into the metal.
Sep 07 01:23:59 <Ragazzo> «I don't want to start a fire in anyone's heart…»
Sep 07 01:24:19 <Waxx> «No stopping! Do not stop for anything!»
Sep 07 01:24:27 <Gerald> "I apologize about my incorrect statements, Corporal. I heard 'monster' and assumed it was singular."
Sep 07 01:24:30 <Ragazzo> «I just want to set the world on fire.»
Sep 07 01:24:43 <Ragazzo> He rolls his eyes.
Sep 07 01:24:45 <E4D> Jason's buffeted off the heavy plate, the impact knocking him unconscious.
Sep 07 01:24:58 <Salmander> Redd shudders and stays in a pile.
Sep 07 01:25:02 <Waxx> He hollers down agian. "Berova! Get the fucking gunships in here already!"
Sep 07 01:25:08 <E4D> He collapses in a heap to the floor of the troop compartment.
Sep 07 01:25:08 * PaulS_laptop has quit (Ping timeout)
Sep 07 01:25:20 <Sabitsuki> Metacreature (Red) spends a Action Point to poison Jason, the touch leaving behind a red liquid that starts to burn a tiny minor hole in his helmet and worm it's way inside.
Sep 07 01:25:43 <Maddy> Alice sees red, getting up and taking out her knife.
Sep 07 01:25:58 <DawnyWorks> «C-copy Sir» Kay keeps driving, worried.
Sep 07 01:26:31 <Maddy> 4df+2 Tagging Last Straw Slashing at whatver it touching her husband and she pulls his helmet off.
Sep 07 01:26:32 <Glacon> Maddy: Tagging Last Straw Slashing at whatver it touching her husband and she pulls his helmet off.: 2 (4df+2=0, +, 0, -)
Sep 07 01:26:41 <Sabitsuki> 4df+5
Sep 07 01:26:48 <Sabitsuki> 4df+5 fuck you bot fuckface
Sep 07 01:26:48 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: fuck you bot fuckface: 4 (4df+5=0, 0, -, 0)
Sep 07 01:27:44 <Waxx> «BATTERY, OPEN FIRE. INFANTRY, PREPARE TO DISEMBARK.»
Sep 07 01:28:15 <Waxx> 4df+8 Tagging Professional Russian again. Dmitri's flashbacks bring up a rage induced bloodlust!
Sep 07 01:28:15 <Glacon> Waxx: Tagging Professional Russian again. Dmitri's flashbacks bring up a rage induced bloodlust!: 8 (4df+8=+, 0, 0, -)
Sep 07 01:28:44 <Salmander> Redd shudders and pops up, taking out his magnum.
Sep 07 01:28:59 <Waxx> «COWARDS AND SHIRKERS WILL BE SHOT. DO NOT FORGET YOUR DUTY.»
Sep 07 01:29:07 <Sabitsuki> The arm whips back, doding Alice's knife neatly as the red liquid continues to seep endlessly of its invisible fingers.
Sep 07 01:29:47 <Sabitsuki> 4df+5 It lashes out at her, instead
Sep 07 01:29:47 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: It lashes out at her, instead: 4 (4df+5=0, -, -, +)
Sep 07 01:30:02 <Salmander> He musters himself and stands at the hatch. "Open the hatch, doc."
Sep 07 01:30:02 <Sabitsuki> 4df+5 Vs Dmitri
Sep 07 01:30:03 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: Vs Dmitri: 5 (4df+5=+, -, -, +)
Sep 07 01:30:18 <Maddy> 4df+6 Alice hardens the suit's armour.
Sep 07 01:30:18 <Glacon> Maddy: Alice hardens the suit's armour.: 7 (4df+6=-, +, +, 0)
Sep 07 01:30:27 <Gerald> Charon makes another pass at trying to splat the damn things.
Sep 07 01:30:33 <Gerald> 4df+4 Melee?
Sep 07 01:30:34 <Glacon> Gerald: Melee?: 6 (4df+4=-, +, +, +)
Sep 07 01:30:41 <Waxx> «DRIVER, ALL STOP. PREPARE TO DISEMBARK INFANTRY.»
Sep 07 01:31:24 <Sabitsuki> The claws leave behind neat trails of red just as Dmitri's fire perforates the body connected to it.
Sep 07 01:31:37 <Waxx> «REMEMBER YOUR COURAGE! REMEMBER YOUR DUTY TO YOUR COMRADES, TO YOUR MOTHERLAND. DO NOT FAIL HER IN THIS TIME OF NEED.»
Sep 07 01:32:00 <Ragazzo> Dusty is doing all he can to not pass out.
Sep 07 01:32:00 <Sabitsuki> Alice takes no damage.
Sep 07 01:32:06 <E4D> Jason's body rolls from side to side in the floorboards of the troop compartment.
Sep 07 01:32:26 * Tom90deg has quit (Quit: ~ Trillian Astra - www.trillian.im ~)
Sep 07 01:32:39 <Ragazzo> Is the world still burning?
Sep 07 01:32:45 <Ragazzo> Or are they out of the field of flame?
Sep 07 01:32:51 <DawnyWorks> Kay stops and sits, honestly afraid of Dmitri at this point.
Sep 07 01:32:54 <Sabitsuki> Your fire, you call it.
Sep 07 01:33:16 <Salmander> «Is it dead yet?»
Sep 07 01:33:22 <Gerald> «I do not know.»
Sep 07 01:34:02 <DawnyWorks> "S-sir?"
Sep 07 01:34:16 <Ragazzo> It is still burning, but not expanding, anyone looking at the flames will note that they are slowly shrinking back.
Sep 07 01:34:17 <Waxx> 4df+6 Perception through the viewfinder
Sep 07 01:34:18 <Glacon> Waxx: Perception through the viewfinder: 4 (4df+6=0, 0, -, -)
Sep 07 01:34:31 <Maddy> Alice takes another slash where the hands was. (Not rolling, just Rping) <You wil not have him!>
Sep 07 01:34:33 <Ragazzo> The vehicles are otu of the flames, probably.
Sep 07 01:34:45 <Sabitsuki> There is nothing but Dusty's fire outside.
Sep 07 01:34:58 <Waxx> «PUSH FORWARD! YOU HAVE THEM ON THE RUN!»
Sep 07 01:35:14 <Ragazzo> «Colonel…I think we got them all…»
Sep 07 01:35:15 <Gerald> «I believe it is over, at least.»
Sep 07 01:35:28 <Waxx> Misha, slightly alarmed at the amount of shouting coming from the turret, moves forward and tugs at Dmitri's leg. Dmitri kicks him away.
Sep 07 01:35:41 <Sabitsuki> Alice's knife nicks something that bleeds more bright red - the unseen hand is still connected at the arm to through the portal.
Sep 07 01:35:55 <Waxx> "WHY ARE YOU STILL INSIDE! GET OUT THERE AND FIGHT, YOU WORTHLESS SON OF A BITCH!" Misha blinks, wondering why Dmitri is yelling at him in English.
Sep 07 01:35:55 <DawnyWorks> [Misha…what..Sir?]
Sep 07 01:35:58 <Salmander> Redd look at Dmitri. "They're, uh, they're dead. Uh, victory to the motherland. The, uh, gypsies are defeated!"
Sep 07 01:36:20 <Waxx> "THERE IS NO VICTORY UNTIL WE CLEAR THE FIELD OF THEIR FILTH." Dmitri steps out of the turret seat and unholsters his sidearm.
Sep 07 01:36:33 <Waxx> "IF YOU WILL NOT SERVE ON THE FRONT LINE, YOU WILL SERVE ON THE FIRING LINE."
Sep 07 01:36:48 <Ragazzo> "Ugh…for fuck's sake, Strelnikov, if you want fire, look out the window."
Sep 07 01:36:49 <Gerald> «Ah, Commissar Strelnikov! A glorious victory it has been, you have driven back the enemy! There is no more cause for alarm, the fields are cleared of such scum!»
Sep 07 01:36:55 <Gerald> 4df+4 Persuasion, snap to your senses.
Sep 07 01:36:56 <Glacon> Gerald: Persuasion, snap to your senses.: 3 (4df+4=+, -, -, 0)
Sep 07 01:37:03 <DawnyWorks> "Sir..please calm down…" Kay climbs out and steps toward him.
Sep 07 01:37:04 <Maddy> Alice kneels beside Jason, pulling him up so his head is in her lap. She rubs her knuckles on his sternum.
Sep 07 01:37:08 <Waxx> 4df+3 Mental defense
Sep 07 01:37:08 <Glacon> Waxx: Mental defense: 2 (4df+3=-, -, 0, +)
Sep 07 01:37:20 <Salmander> 4df+4 Dun shoot me, I'm persuasive
Sep 07 01:37:21 <Glacon> Salmander: Dun shoot me, I'm persuasive: 3 (4df+4=+, -, -, 0)
Sep 07 01:37:23 <Gerald> Charon actually does a decent Russian accent!
Sep 07 01:37:37 <Waxx> «YOU WILL ADDRESS ME BY MY PROPER…my proper rank. What. Where am I.» He stops using the radio. "Karen?"
Sep 07 01:38:10 <DawnyWorks> Kay takes another step closer. "Dmitri, do you know who I am?"
Sep 07 01:38:10 <Ragazzo> Dusty quietly focuses on not passing out. Awkward.
Sep 07 01:38:28 <Gerald> «You are back in reality, dear Colonel. A reality which, sadly, is much worse than that which you are dreaming of.» He steps out of the Eve after slowing it down and stopping.
Sep 07 01:38:32 <Ragazzo> "I'm fairly certain I'm poisoned."
Sep 07 01:38:33 <Waxx> He looks her up and down. "Karen? No, Kay. Kay-lee. Why are you looking at me like that?"
Sep 07 01:38:43 <Ragazzo> "We should check on the others."
Sep 07 01:38:50 <DawnyWorks> "Sir, do you know where you are?"
Sep 07 01:39:00 <Waxx> He goes to rub his head, and wonders why he's hit himself with the butt of his own pistol. Confused, he stows it.
Sep 07 01:39:14 <Salmander> Redd sighs and tips his hat to Dmitri before exiting the Stryker.
Sep 07 01:39:22 <Ragazzo> FIRE
Sep 07 01:39:25 <Ragazzo> YOU FOOL
Sep 07 01:39:45 <Waxx> "…We are assaulting the first row of defense, Kay-lee."
Sep 07 01:40:40 <DawnyWorks> "No Sir, we were defending. This is not the war Sir…Have a seat please" Kay's guenuinly worries, and looks a bit afraid.
Sep 07 01:40:58 <Waxx> "No, no. I will not sit. I have to be out there."
Sep 07 01:41:02 <Waxx> "The men need me."
Sep 07 01:41:19 <Ragazzo> Dusty weakly picks up his radio.
Sep 07 01:41:27 <Ragazzo> «Anyone dead in the other other vehicle?»
Sep 07 01:41:29 <DawnyWorks> "Dmitri, please. Hand me your side arm."
Sep 07 01:42:30 <Waxx> Misha steps forward and puts a tentative hand on Dmitri's shoulder. [Kommandir, it is over. It is over, stop this madness.]
Sep 07 01:42:37 <Salmander> «The boss is a bit fucked, but otherwise we're all alive.»
Sep 07 01:42:51 <Waxx> "…My head hurts."
Sep 07 01:43:09 <Maddy> <Jason…please wake up…>
Sep 07 01:43:18 <DawnyWorks> "I know Sir, I need you to hand me your side arm"
Sep 07 01:43:25 <Waxx> "No. Where is Dodge Ridge."
Sep 07 01:43:30 * Ragazzo has quit (nexus.hub.us.synirc.net blizzard.nl.eu.synirc.net)
Sep 07 01:43:30 * Dexanote has quit (nexus.hub.us.synirc.net blizzard.nl.eu.synirc.net)
Sep 07 01:43:45 <Gerald> Charon stretches his limbs.
Sep 07 01:43:55 * Ragazzo (ten.llebcap.ac2tks.lsd.61E51762-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.llebcap.ac2tks.lsd.61E51762-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Sep 07 01:43:57 <DawnyWorks> "The other vehicle, I have to go check on him. [Misha]" Kay points to Dmitri
Sep 07 01:44:06 <Gerald> «I very much expect this debacle to have yielded something of use.»
Sep 07 01:44:26 <Ragazzo> «I know what I'm fucking asking for.»
Sep 07 01:44:44 <DawnyWorks> «Where's Corporal?»
Sep 07 01:45:09 <Gerald> «Knocked out, I believe. He took quite a beating.»
Sep 07 01:45:19 <Maddy> <Please…> Alice is sitting on the floor cradling Jason's head in her lap.
Sep 07 01:45:38 <DawnyWorks> «I'm on my way» Kay opens the ramp, rifle up.
Sep 07 01:45:58 <Ragazzo> "You know the earth is still burning, right?"
Sep 07 01:46:10 * Dexa (ten.elbacogc.emoh.8DF857A-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.elbacogc.emoh.8DF857A-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteraction
Sep 07 01:46:41 <DawnyWorks> "You do know that I couldn't give two fucks, right?" Kay grabs the *large* med kit and tries to make her way to Eve.
Sep 07 01:47:16 <Ragazzo> Dusty exhales.
Sep 07 01:47:32 <Ragazzo> "Someone should maybe stop her…"
Sep 07 01:47:48 <Waxx> Dmitri and Misha sit down in the back of Florence and try to figure out what the hell just happened.
Sep 07 01:47:49 <Gerald> Charon is leaning against the Eve, avoiding the remaining flames.
Sep 07 01:48:56 <Ragazzo> Dusty said nothing, nevermind.
Sep 07 01:49:06 * PaulS_laptop (~ten.dshqrabme.pchd.B32F7D7F-CRInys|luap#ten.dshqrabme.pchd.B32F7D7F-CRInys|luap) has joined #afteraction
Sep 07 01:49:28 <Ragazzo> He's just bone-dead tired and poisoned.
Sep 07 01:49:35 <Gerald> He grins that unsettling grin and waves as Kay walks by.
Sep 07 01:49:39 <DawnyWorks> Kay grits her teeth, moving around flames, to Eve. She pounds on the back hatch. "Open the fuck up!"
Sep 07 01:49:43 <Gerald> "Your dear patient is in the back, quite poisoned."
Sep 07 01:50:42 <Sabitsuki> The arm, apparently still inside the EVE, flickers purple…and then instead of fading, like the other bodies, turns a flat red. Anyone looking at the left side of EVE will note the almost humanoid mass of arms still held, shackled, by the orange portal it grabbed Jason through.
Sep 07 01:50:46 <DawnyWorks> "I'm not going to tell you again, shut up Charon"
Sep 07 01:51:00 <Maddy> Alice takes her helmet, kisses Jason on the forehead, reaching up and opening the hatch.
Sep 07 01:51:39 <Gerald> "Oh, I fear you are injured, Kayleigh. Your throat seems to have a bruise something wicked upon it. You may wish to have that checked out." Charon grabs the arms, and examines them.
Sep 07 01:52:08 <DawnyWorks> 4df+4 maneuver, checking basic vitals.
Sep 07 01:52:08 <Glacon> DawnyWorks: maneuver, checking basic vitals.: 6 (4df+4=0, +, 0, +)
Sep 07 01:53:11 <E4D> Extreme fever, nigh-lethal temperature coming from all over his body, sweaty.
Sep 07 01:53:13 <DawnyWorks> "Alice…I need you to put his head down. Please" Kay examines the wound and opens her kit.
Sep 07 01:53:17 <Maddy> "F-f-fix him…" her voice is tiny and barely audible.
Sep 07 01:53:25 <E4D> There's no wound.
Sep 07 01:53:30 * Lurker has quit (Quit: )
Sep 07 01:53:49 <DawnyWorks> then she just does the temp thing
Sep 07 01:54:02 <Sabitsuki> Probably a bruise where he played chicken with the LAV wall.
Sep 07 01:54:17 <Maddy> She lets go of his head, but keeps on hand on his face.
Sep 07 01:55:05 <DawnyWorks> "Okay. Do you know how to check for a concussion?" Kay grabs a pen light and offers it to her.
Sep 07 01:55:07 * Observer (~PI.E1088D52.AE02A036.6319E1E2|thgindiM#PI.E1088D52.AE02A036.6319E1E2|thgindiM) has joined #afteraction
Sep 07 01:55:51 <Maddy> Alice nods, taking the pen light in a shaking hand ad checks his pupils.
Sep 07 01:56:08 <E4D> Neither of them dilate.
Sep 07 01:56:25 * Ragazzo has quit (Quit: Night!)
Sep 07 01:56:46 * Salmander has quit (Quit: Have you considered investing in Omega-3 fish oil pills?)
Sep 07 01:56:56 <Maddy> She shakes worse. "T-they're not…I…"
Sep 07 01:57:02 <Gerald> Charon's checking out the weird mass of arms thingy that was attached to the Eve, and pulls it out of the hull.
Sep 07 01:57:05 <DawnyWorks> "We have to get him in less layers. Alice, I need you to help me with this"
Sep 07 01:57:56 <Sabitsuki> A set of pure red eyes swerves to look at Charon as the arm severs neatly into the hull. The hand flops down onto the LAV floor.
Sep 07 01:58:16 <DawnyWorks> Kay's voice remains calm.
Sep 07 01:58:19 <Maddy> She nods, starting to undo Oxide as fast as she can, babbling instructions so Kay can help.
Sep 07 01:58:36 <Sabitsuki> The creature appears to wear a couple leather bags on its person, strapped wherever the arms aren't are.
Sep 07 01:59:07 <Gerald> "Ah. Hello. If I may ask to who you are?"
Sep 07 01:59:13 <DawnyWorks> Kay follows and worries about the top half, placing her cammie top under his head. "Down to the bottom layer Alice"
Sep 07 01:59:27 * DawnyWorks has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Sep 07 01:59:35 <Maddy> "R-right."
Sep 07 02:00:02 <Gerald> Charon's as ready to attack or run as he is to talk. Not taking chances here.
Sep 07 02:00:40 <Sabitsuki> One of the many arms reaches into a bag and quickly removes a cylindrical object. It double taps a button on the top, quickly. A single blue light on the device *beeps* on.
Sep 07 02:02:22 <Flames> "Interesting."
Sep 07 02:02:24 <Gerald> Charon takes a step back, remembering the last Insurgent he saw with something like that.
Sep 07 02:02:59 <Sabitsuki> The creature stares as the beeping accelerates.
Sep 07 02:03:27 <Gerald> Charon backpedals quickly. «Ah, there is a creature next to the Eve here. It has a device that is beeping rather fast, now.»
Sep 07 02:03:42 <Gerald> «You may wish to move.»
Sep 07 02:04:01 <Maddy> Alice gets a cloth with cool water, putting it on his forehead. «then get back in here and drive.>
Sep 07 02:04:51 <Gerald> Charon pulls himself into the driver's seat, and pulls /away/ from the whatever. Just enough to be out of a decent-sized explosion.
Sep 07 02:05:16 <Flames> Midnight observes from a distance, herself, curious as to what it shall do.
Sep 07 02:05:47 <Sabitsuki> *beepbeep*beepbeep*beep*beep*
Sep 07 02:06:02 <Sabitsuki> There's the sound of shattering glass.
Sep 07 02:06:03 <Maddy> 4df+3 Please god let Alice be a good doctor this once.
Sep 07 02:06:04 <Glacon> Maddy: Please god let Alice be a good doctor this once.: 3 (4df+3=-, +, +, -)
Sep 07 02:06:56 <Sabitsuki> She can keep the sweat off him and treat the bruise, but not much more. It's viral in nature.
Sep 07 02:07:14 <Gerald> Charon's keeping an eye on the creature. "……"
Sep 07 02:07:47 <Flames> Midnight does as well.
Sep 07 02:08:49 <Sabitsuki> The creature twists a crude half mouth into view, the upper torso twisting grotesquely on its axis. "You will not. Not, not not *not* have the skin-walker."
Sep 07 02:09:02 <Sabitsuki> The voice is modulated, as if coming from a deep place.
Sep 07 02:09:24 <Maddy> "M-midnight…"
Sep 07 02:09:27 <Gerald> "Oh? And what, pray tell, is the skin-walker?" Alright, not a grenade, should be safer, he moves towards it.
Sep 07 02:09:31 <Flames> "What is the Skin-Walker?" Midnight asks.
Sep 07 02:12:35 <Maddy> "Midnight!"
Sep 07 02:12:45 <Flames> "Right here, Alice."
Sep 07 02:12:57 <Maddy> "I c-can't save him…please."
Sep 07 02:13:04 <Flames> 4df+4 Midnight considers the matter, knowing there are several things.
Sep 07 02:13:05 <Glacon> Flames: Midnight considers the matter, knowing there are several things.: 4 (4df+4=+, -, -, +)
Sep 07 02:13:50 <E4D> She can feel heat radiating from his body. Hell, anyone in the compartment can.
Sep 07 02:14:41 <Flames> "Alice, you might want to try an ice bath. I'll try, but I wasn't able to help Dusty."
Sep 07 02:14:50 <Sabitsuki> Charon, roll defense
Sep 07 02:14:59 <Flames> Midnight heads to Jason and Alice. "Whew… this is not looking good."
Sep 07 02:15:10 <Maddy> "You have to t-try."
Sep 07 02:15:13 <Gerald> 4df+3 Damn.
Sep 07 02:15:13 <Glacon> Gerald: Damn.: 6 (4df+3=+, 0, +, +)
Sep 07 02:15:23 <Sabitsuki> 4df+3 It was a grenade
Sep 07 02:15:24 <Glacon> Sabitsuki: It was a grenade: 5 (4df+3=+, +, 0, 0)
Sep 07 02:15:35 <Flames> "All right, I will." Midnight focuses.
Sep 07 02:15:44 <Flames> 4df+4 Occult Maneuver for healing.
Sep 07 02:15:44 <Glacon> Flames: Occult Maneuver for healing.: 1 (4df+4=-, 0, -, -)
Sep 07 02:15:48 <Dexa> A cool wind…
Sep 07 02:16:03 <Flames> 4df+2 Well, maybe this will work? (Healing magic)
Sep 07 02:16:04 <Glacon> Flames: Well, maybe this will work? (Healing magic): 2 (4df+2=-, +, 0, 0)
Sep 07 02:16:51 <Sabitsuki> The grenade beeps one last time, but apparently was crudely constructed, as the resulting explosion manages to do little outside of turn the flesh creature to ash. Charon is warmed up a little, but no more.
Sep 07 02:17:00 <Flames> Midnight attempts it, but seeing her earlier ineffectiveness, she's bone-tired and her mind has trouble focusing.
Sep 07 02:17:53 <Sabitsuki> Dexanote, roll perception and PM me the result
Sep 07 02:17:57 <Sabitsuki> er
Sep 07 02:18:03 <Sabitsuki> just roll perception
Sep 07 02:18:08 <Gerald> He sighs. "I must say, this wasteland truly is a waste of my talents."
Sep 07 02:18:14 <Dexa> 4df+2 .
Sep 07 02:18:15 <Glacon> Dexa: .: 4 (4df+2=+, +, 0, 0)
Sep 07 02:18:20 * Observer is now known as Strife
Sep 07 02:19:25 <Sabitsuki> There's a knocking on the LAV ramp door.
Sep 07 02:19:43 <Maddy> Alice pulls Jason back up into her lap. The ramp was never closed when Alice last opened it.
Sep 07 02:19:56 <E4D> LAV hull, then
Sep 07 02:20:00 <Sabitsuki> Yes
Sep 07 02:20:22 <Maddy> "W-who is it?
Sep 07 02:20:30 <Gerald> "Frankly, I don't even know why I bother, sometimes."
Sep 07 02:20:49 <Dexa> "Charon, eh?" right behind his ear
Sep 07 02:21:06 <Gerald> He perks up. "Yes, this is Charon."
Sep 07 02:21:13 <Sabitsuki> A man, gaunt and pale, strides out of a hole in reality and into the LAV's hull. "Excuse, there is literal time for introduction. Your man has the bone rot, stand aside please." Faint German accent.
Sep 07 02:21:40 <Sabitsuki> "Literal? Little. No, no."
Sep 07 02:21:42 <Maddy> "Can I stay close?"
Sep 07 02:21:48 <Dexa> A wind chills Charon and passes on
Sep 07 02:21:51 <Sabitsuki> "Yes, you may."
Sep 07 02:21:59 <Gerald> Charon turns, looking.
Sep 07 02:22:06 <Maddy> She nods. "J-just fix him."
Sep 07 02:23:01 <Sabitsuki> The man pays her little heed as his sick green eyes light up when he sees the body of Jason. He crouches next to him.
Sep 07 02:23:46 <Sabitsuki> He withdraws a black leather bound book from a satchel made of the same material, and flips through a few pages placing it nearby.
Sep 07 02:23:55 <Sabitsuki> *pages,
Sep 07 02:24:28 <Maddy> "I-I'm a d-doctor, if y-you need anything to help…I just…"
Sep 07 02:24:51 <Gerald> He shakes his head. "Damnation."
Sep 07 02:25:18 <Sabitsuki> He licks his lips as the skin and muscle on his pointer finger retracts, peeling like a banana, revealing a shiny white finger bone. He flexes it a few times and then jams it into Jason's ear.
Sep 07 02:26:00 <Maddy> She winces, half wanting to knock this guys head of, but she's honestly, in shock.
Sep 07 02:26:22 <Sabitsuki> He bites his tongue and lip a bit, and consults the book with his free hand, flipping through pages of diagrams of the inside of a human skull.
Sep 07 02:26:23 * Nioki has quit (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.87 [Firefox 6.0.1/20110830092941])
Sep 07 02:27:01 <Maddy> She clenches and unclenches her fists.
Sep 07 02:27:41 <Sabitsuki> He flinches a bit, withdrawing a strain of the red blood, wrapped around his fingerbone. It appears to be in the midst of melting it as he withdraws a beaker from the bag with his free hand and deposits it inside, capping it.
Sep 07 02:28:36 <Sabitsuki> He stands, shakes the beaker a second, and then puts it back into the bag. He looks at Alice.
Sep 07 02:28:53 <Flames> "Interesting." Midnight states.
Sep 07 02:29:41 <Maddy> She stares in horror. "Please t-tell me I did t-the right thing…"
Sep 07 02:30:17 <Sabitsuki> He tilts his head somewhat. "He will not progress beyond this state of infection. His body will fight the rest off. He is, ah, cured."