The Yellow Tower

May 22 21:43:43 <WalrusKing> vrum vrum
May 22 21:43:54 <WalrusKing> they drive along towards the Door.
May 22 21:45:44 * Echo (siht.rofdeks|reveni#siht.rofdeks|reveni) has joined #afteractionmission
May 22 21:45:44 * ChanServ sets mode +q #afteractionmission Echo
May 22 21:45:44 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Echo
May 22 21:46:08 <WalrusKing> They get to the Door without incident. The vile thing sits there and looks like any old door.
May 22 21:46:54 <WalrusKing> Chirrik gets on her respirator, Deni gets on his gas mask. They wait for the others to do the same.
May 22 21:47:10 <Maddy> Haeata, who decided to come sits by the Door, setting up a little meditation area.
May 22 21:47:18 <Maddy> Hikaru again ties a thing around her face.
May 22 21:47:34 <WalrusKing> Wasn't she wearing a hazmat?
May 22 21:47:35 <PaulS_laptop> Matt finishes suting up
May 22 21:48:03 <Maddy> She was not
May 22 21:48:16 <Echo> Mitchell hefts up the large-ass machine gun, ready to make entry. "Let's do it to it."
May 22 21:48:17 <WalrusKing> Kay
May 22 21:48:48 <Maddy> "I will hold vigil here." says Haeata.
May 22 21:48:57 <PaulS_laptop> Matt sends a round home in his rifle
May 22 21:49:09 <MonkeyBomb> "Would you mind staying with Ace, Haeata?"
May 22 21:49:11 <WalrusKing> "Alright. She thinks it's important we move fast. By moving fast, we minimize the chance we get problems."
May 22 21:49:21 <Echo> The phrasing of that sorta chills Mitchell for a reason he can't quite put a finger on.
May 22 21:49:39 <Maddy> "I would apreciate the company, Brock, thank you."
May 22 21:50:32 <MonkeyBomb> "Stay." Ace sits down by the Door. "Thanks." Brock grabs a suit.
May 22 21:51:22 <Echo> "Aight. Pop the Door. We're as ready as we're ever gonna be."
May 22 21:51:38 <Maddy> Hikaru getss her gun ready.
May 22 21:52:19 <WalrusKing> Chirrik opens the door. The scene on the other end looks exactly like it did a few days back. Anyone who hasn't been over there before feels a subtle wrongness. People who have been over feel it as familiar.
May 22 21:52:44 <PaulS_laptop> Matt felt it jujt from the door opening
May 22 21:52:49 <PaulS_laptop> and doesn't like it
May 22 21:52:51 <PaulS_laptop> not one bit
May 22 21:52:57 * Tehpillowstar (~PI.3BC155FE.EA7E8EA2.EF990D96|arukam#PI.3BC155FE.EA7E8EA2.EF990D96|arukam) has joined #afteractionmission
May 22 21:54:06 <WalrusKing> Chirrik is clearing the roof by the time most people get through. She seems satisfied with it. "She chose a nice spot up here. Though, maybe not so nice anymore." The setting sun gives everything a dull, dead amber hue.
May 22 21:54:48 <Echo> Mitchell pushes in behind Chirrik, 240 up and ready to tip. "Just keep it quiet if ya can. She can hear shit."
May 22 21:55:02 <WalrusKing> The air is listless, almost still. Small black puffs of something softly fall from above. Something burns in the distance.
May 22 21:55:17 * Tehpillowstar (~PI.3BC155FE.EA7E8EA2.EF990D96|arukam#PI.3BC155FE.EA7E8EA2.EF990D96|arukam) has left #afteractionmission
May 22 21:55:31 <WalrusKing> Chirrik waits for everyone on the other door.
May 22 21:55:56 <Echo> Mitchell's right there, waiting for someone to come a knockin'.
May 22 21:56:07 <Maddy> Hikaru follows closely. "And if we need, I can try to scout some places, though I'm sure Chirrik has better intel."
May 22 21:56:14 <PaulS_laptop> Matt is also there
May 22 21:56:26 <PaulS_laptop> he's basically got the rear
May 22 21:56:36 <MonkeyBomb> Brock in the midst somewhere.
May 22 21:57:09 <WalrusKing> "I might advise against straying far, and try to make sure people can see you. This place has a way of twisting and turning, and if you get lost I'm not sure you'll be found."
May 22 21:57:23 <Maddy> "Fair enough."
May 22 21:57:42 <MonkeyBomb> "Noted."
May 22 21:57:46 <Echo> Mitchell stares at Chirrik for a moment as he raises a fist to the door. "Right. Ready?" She might not understand his language, but the raised, questioning eyebrows hopefully convey his meaning.
May 22 21:58:55 <WalrusKing> Chirrik knocks three times on the door, and then opens it softly. She and Deni both move up, and she motions for silence. You find yourself in an absolutely enormous hall, with multistoried corridors on each side opening into a central space. Doors line the walls, marked with varied amounts of knocking hands, and indecipherable text.
May 22 21:59:17 <WalrusKing> Perception
May 22 21:59:27 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3
May 22 21:59:27 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: 4 (4df+3=0, +, 0, 0)
May 22 21:59:41 <Maddy> 4df+3 Even though she's seen t before, it's still a crazy thing to behold. Even working for MC&D, she never left earth before.
May 22 21:59:42 <CROM> Maddy: Even though she's seen t before, it's still a crazy thing to behold. Even working for MC&D, she never left earth before.: 6 (4df+3=0, +, +, +)
May 22 21:59:51 <Echo> 4df+4 Mitchell moves in behind her, rolling heel to to toe, trying to keep it quiet.
May 22 21:59:51 <CROM> Echo: Mitchell moves in behind her, rolling heel to to toe, trying to keep it quiet.: 5 (4df+4=+, +, -, 0)
May 22 22:00:21 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3 Brock sees all.
May 22 22:00:21 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: Brock sees all.: 0 (4df+3=-, -, 0, -)
May 22 22:00:27 <MonkeyBomb> Brock sees not at all.
May 22 22:02:22 <WalrusKing> It's almost eerily quiet. No motion anywhere. Aside from you, nothing at all makes a sound. After a moment, Deni lets out a breath. "She was right, this place has grown dangerous. It isn't safe here anymore. Come." Chirrik starts half-jogging down the corridor, obviously scanning the Doors for a particular one.
May 22 22:03:28 <Echo> Mitchell keeps pace as best he can in silent run mode, holding the machine out away from his body. It's tiring on the arms.
May 22 22:04:20 <WalrusKing> Everyone but Brock: you thought you heard something, just after Chirrik and Deni started moving, but decide it was probably just one of you.
May 22 22:04:23 <Maddy> Hikaru sticks super close to Chirrik and Deni, gun ready.
May 22 22:04:50 <PaulS_laptop> Matt continues to take up the rear.
May 22 22:05:07 <Echo> "Question. Salient point. Can we even shoot what's in here?"
May 22 22:05:41 <Maddy> "We can try~"
May 22 22:05:43 <WalrusKing> "I'm… I'm not sure. I've never had the opportunity, but will note that that has gotten me this far."
May 22 22:06:06 <PaulS_laptop> "Only question is are our guns big enough"
May 22 22:06:56 <WalrusKing> Chirrik abruptly skids to a halt in front of a blue door, marked with 2 knocking fists, raps on it twice, and pulls it open without hesitation. She enters without stopping moving. "Ah, the armory, of course."
May 22 22:08:01 <Echo> "… Outstanding." Mitchell moves in after her. "Anything we can use in here?"
May 22 22:08:04 <Maddy> Hikaru tries to keep in step.
May 22 22:08:20 <PaulS_laptop> Matt looks around at the weapons, a smile seeping through his face
May 22 22:08:25 <MonkeyBomb> Brock guards the door.
May 22 22:08:29 <PaulS_laptop> he starts looking for heavier equipment
May 22 22:09:41 <WalrusKing> You enter what looks like a monitoring room above a massive hangar. What looks like enough arms to arm a small army lie below. The exit door lies opposite. The room only contains some dusty controls, and two racks, one of radios, and one of grenades.
May 22 22:10:19 <PaulS_laptop> "How do we get down /there/"
May 22 22:10:29 <PaulS_laptop> How many grenades?
May 22 22:11:09 <WalrusKing> Six intact looking ones. More that look like they would be unwise to use.
May 22 22:11:14 <WalrusKing> Chirrik goes straight for the radios.
May 22 22:11:22 <Echo> "Radios. Those work, Deni? And what's the radius on those explosives?" Mitchell's got his priorities.
May 22 22:11:35 <Echo> "Some of 'em look busted. Those'd be good for sympathetics."
May 22 22:12:03 <Maddy> "Radios, what's wrong with the radios?"
May 22 22:12:22 <Echo> "No, the grenades." Mitchell points.
May 22 22:12:37 <PaulS_laptop> Matt shoves two good grenades into his pockets
May 22 22:12:57 <Echo> "Pass me a couple'a those. And see if you can bag the rest of 'em."
May 22 22:13:06 <Maddy> Mitchell doent get the joke.
May 22 22:13:10 <PaulS_laptop> Then grabs a couple more buste ones. Tosses Mitchell two broken ones
May 22 22:13:13 <WalrusKing> "Some of them should work. We don't have time for the stuff below, getting there is surprisingly difficult. The radius on the grenades shouldn't be /too/ different from yours."
May 22 22:14:06 <PaulS_laptop> "Mitchell, toss me a radio, or two if there's enough to go around"
May 22 22:14:13 <PaulS_laptop> "I got an idea"
May 22 22:14:43 <WalrusKing> He turns back and hisses at Brock. "Keep moving man!"
May 22 22:15:21 * Tom90deg has quit (Connection reset by peer)
May 22 22:15:32 <Echo> Mitchell snatches up two of the other good ones, leaving a pair for someone else pyrotechnically inclined, and starts distributing radios, setting them them all to the same channel if it's obvious enough how to work them as he does so.
May 22 22:15:58 <PaulS_laptop> "One channel up, radio det?"
May 22 22:16:31 <WalrusKing> Echo: seems easy enough
May 22 22:17:08 <Echo> "Dunno if you can rig it, but fuck, if you think you can…"
May 22 22:17:11 <WalrusKing> Chirrik checks to see that everyone's set up with a radio, and then stands at the opposite door and waves everyone hurriedly over.
May 22 22:17:28 <Maddy> Hikaru continues to stay close caue she is so out of ehr element
May 22 22:17:41 <MonkeyBomb> Brock moves.
May 22 22:18:02 <Echo> The Marine follows close behind the others, ready and waiting to no-sell a gas station explosion.
May 22 22:18:03 <WalrusKing> Brock: perception
May 22 22:18:16 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3 fuck
May 22 22:18:17 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: fuck: 1 (4df+3=0, 0, -, -)
May 22 22:18:19 <PaulS_laptop> "I can."
May 22 22:18:20 <Echo> …
May 22 22:18:28 <PaulS_laptop> "Can't be /too/ hard"
May 22 22:18:31 <MonkeyBomb> AP to reroll
May 22 22:18:34 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3
May 22 22:18:35 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: 2 (4df+3=0, -, -, +)
May 22 22:18:37 <MonkeyBomb> Pf.
May 22 22:18:46 <WalrusKing> Monkeybomb: carry on
May 22 22:18:47 <PaulS_laptop> "Deni, tell Chirruk about the radio det"
May 22 22:18:58 <WalrusKing> Deni hurriedly closes the door behind Brock
May 22 22:19:32 <WalrusKing> He whirls and says something to Chirrik. She pauses and then nods. The two of them seem itching to move.
May 22 22:21:31 <Echo> "Hell, keep it goin'. Ain't gotta stop to talk. Let's get to this bomb'a yours.""
May 22 22:21:31 <WalrusKing> Chirrik checks something written in the top right corner of the other door, and then knocks a few times, and opens the door. It opens the opposite way, seemingly onto a different roof. She hurriedly makes a covering your eyes motion. "She says not to look to the right when you go out."
May 22 22:22:25 <PaulS_laptop> "ooookay?"
May 22 22:22:51 <MonkeyBomb> Brock nods.
May 22 22:23:31 <Echo> "Sodom and Gomorrah…" Mitchell follows, averting his eyes to the port side. "Gotta ask, what's to the right?"
May 22 22:23:49 <Maddy> Hikaru does the same.
May 22 22:23:58 <WalrusKing> Chirrik runs out, and to the left. Deni covers his vision in that direction, and steps out, waiting for everyone. He gives a worn chuckle. "The thing itself, The Tower."
May 22 22:24:56 <Maddy> "Fantastic. This will be intereting."
May 22 22:25:22 <MonkeyBomb> Brock doesn't risk a glance to the right.
May 22 22:25:32 <MonkeyBomb> "You can say that again."
May 22 22:26:20 <PaulS_laptop> "The Dark Tower?"
May 22 22:26:24 <Echo> "Just remember not to look left on the way out."
May 22 22:26:37 <WalrusKing> To the left side stands a chopper. Chirrik is in the cockpit, visibly shielding her eyes to look at instruments.
May 22 22:26:40 <WalrusKing> *the right echo
May 22 22:28:21 <WalrusKing> Deni jumps aboard.
May 22 22:28:33 <Maddy> As does Hikaru
May 22 22:28:39 <PaulS_laptop> "The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed" under his breath. He boards
May 22 22:28:47 <MonkeyBomb> Brock climbs on.
May 22 22:29:00 <Echo> "Oh shit, we gotta fuckin' fly somewhere?" Mitchell kinda hesitates. "Uhhhh, guys. I don't mean to be superstitious or nothin', but…"
May 22 22:29:20 <Maddy> "Hmmm?"
May 22 22:29:21 <MonkeyBomb> Brock chuckles.
May 22 22:29:25 <Echo> "Ahhh, fuck." He climbs in.
May 22 22:29:36 <PaulS_laptop> "That's it, I'm out"
May 22 22:29:40 <PaulS_laptop> chuckle
May 22 22:29:59 <WalrusKing> The chopper starts to spin up. Within minutes you are airborne.
May 22 22:30:01 <Echo> "Yeah, Hikaru, the last three rotary-wing craft I've been got shot outta the sky."
May 22 22:30:09 <Maddy> "Oh."
May 22 22:30:10 <Echo> *been in
May 22 22:30:17 <WalrusKing> 1d2
May 22 22:30:17 <CROM> WalrusKing: 1 (1d2=1)
May 22 22:30:23 <Echo> "Or had a mechanical failure."
May 22 22:30:37 <WalrusKing> "I would suggest looking at the ground, to avoid glimpsing the tower."
May 22 22:31:01 <Echo> Mitchell dutifully obeys, eyes to the deckplate of the helo.
May 22 22:31:15 <MonkeyBomb> Brock stares down at his rifle.
May 22 22:31:47 <WalrusKing> Anyone taking a look at the ground outside?
May 22 22:32:37 <Echo> Mitchell suddenly starts chuckling. He's holding something in his left hand, down between his legs. Pair of grenades.
May 22 22:32:51 <PaulS_laptop> Matt is fiddling with Radio 2
May 22 22:33:03 <Maddy> Hikaru looking at her feeties
May 22 22:33:21 <Echo> Yeah, Mitchell's not looking outside of the helo unless specifically directed to.
May 22 22:33:54 <WalrusKing> 1d4
May 22 22:33:55 <CROM> WalrusKing: 2 (1d4=2)
May 22 22:33:56 <PaulS_laptop> he pops the radio open with his knife. He's looking for the speaker wires
May 22 22:34:06 <WalrusKing> 1d4
May 22 22:34:07 <CROM> WalrusKing: 3 (1d4=3)
May 22 22:35:02 <WalrusKing> The helicopter gives a little shake. Theres a shout from up front. "We're hitting some turbulence. Nothing too bad."
May 22 22:35:58 <PaulS_laptop> "Dammit Mitchell"
May 22 22:36:04 <Echo> "It's not my fault!"
May 22 22:36:13 <WalrusKing> Deni lets out a deep breath. Seems to be taking alot of them actually. You feel a change in acceleration after some time. Seems like you're going in for a landing.
May 22 22:36:45 <Echo> "But just to be safe, remember, if it goes down, hang on to me. There's a bubble, I think."
May 22 22:37:55 <WalrusKing> After a little bit, you seem to come to a hover. There's another shout from up front. "This part is apparently just a little tricky, nothing to worry about. 'It sucks' were the exact words.
May 22 22:38:01 <WalrusKing> "
May 22 22:38:12 <WalrusKing> 4df+4
May 22 22:38:13 <CROM> WalrusKing: 3 (4df+4=-, +, -, 0)
May 22 22:38:17 <WalrusKing> 4df+4
May 22 22:38:17 <CROM> WalrusKing: 5 (4df+4=0, +, +, -)
May 22 22:38:53 <Echo> Mitchell's only slightly worried.
May 22 22:40:07 <WalrusKing> You feel the chopper move with what seems like precise, measured movements with hovers in between. After another minute of this, there is a thump, and it feels like you are on solid ground.
May 22 22:40:44 <Echo> "Thank fuckin' God."
May 22 22:40:55 <Echo> "Where are we exactly?"
May 22 22:41:08 <WalrusKing> "There should be a building between us and the tower." Deni hops out, Chirrik already disembarking from the cockpit. She's walking a little funny. He helps her over to a door in a wall nearby.
May 22 22:41:14 <WalrusKing> Perception everyone
May 22 22:41:47 <Echo> 4df+4 Come on, CROM. "She all right, Deni?"
May 22 22:41:47 <CROM> Echo: Come on, CROM. "She all right, Deni?": 6 (4df+4=+, -, +, +)
May 22 22:41:55 <Maddy> 4df+3 Hikaru hops ot.
May 22 22:41:55 <CROM> Maddy: Hikaru hops ot.: 1 (4df+3=-, -, -, +)
May 22 22:42:04 <Echo> He debarks the helo and follows after.
May 22 22:42:08 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3
May 22 22:42:09 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: 4 (4df+3=0, +, 0, 0)
May 22 22:43:04 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3
May 22 22:43:04 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: 4 (4df+3=+, +, -, 0)
May 22 22:43:17 <PaulS_laptop> Matt puts his radio project away, and looks around
May 22 22:43:26 <WalrusKing> You are on the roof of a building in what appears to be a completely different complex. There is a taller yet building in the direction of Chirrik and Deni. Behind you lies a massive off concrete plazas and smaller buildings. Something is burning off in the distance. Looks like you might be on the other side of whatever it was.
May 22 22:43:45 <Echo> "How far are we from the Door?"
May 22 22:43:51 <Echo> "The way we came in?"
May 22 22:45:00 <WalrusKing> Something casts a large shadow from the setting sun in the direction you think you came from. Theres something that chills the blood about it.
May 22 22:45:33 <WalrusKing> "Many kilometers. There are faster ways to return and come this way, but this route uses the least doors."
May 22 22:45:47 <WalrusKing> The shadow is roughly spire shaped
May 22 22:45:50 <Echo> "… usin' doors here is bad?"
May 22 22:46:11 <WalrusKing> You feel like you could at it for hours though.
May 22 22:46:36 <WalrusKing> "Yes. If we are unfortunate, you will see soon."
May 22 22:46:38 <PaulS_laptop> "Inside radio range?"
May 22 22:47:15 <Echo> Mitchell doesn't. He keeps with the two outworlders. "Would leavin' 'em open be better?"
May 22 22:47:18 <WalrusKing> Deni is opening the door, and helping Chirrik inside. She mutters a few things to him. "I am not sure, sir. Please come quickly."
May 22 22:47:39 <WalrusKing> "Nonononono. Doors should be closed. Do not leave doors open."
May 22 22:48:43 <WalrusKing> Deni waits for everyone to enter and shuts the door, Chirrik stands leaning on a corner, respirator off. She looks somewhat ill.
May 22 22:49:00 <MonkeyBomb> "What's wrong with her?"
May 22 22:49:25 <WalrusKing> Matt, Mitchell, Brock: just before you enter, you could have sworn you saw a shape, roughly person shaped, way off on one of the plazas.
May 22 22:49:38 <PaulS_laptop> "I got movement!"
May 22 22:49:47 <PaulS_laptop> "Plaza"
May 22 22:50:01 <Echo> "Somebody's here." Mitchell racks the bolt on the machine gun and brings it up, ready to fire.
May 22 22:50:01 <PaulS_laptop> Matt stops, brings up the rifle to observe better
May 22 22:50:07 <PaulS_laptop> and to get a range to target
May 22 22:50:50 <WalrusKing> "Ah. We are made. Get inside." The place you saw something was a long, long ways away, but theres nothing there now?
May 22 22:51:19 <Maddy> Hikaru goes inside
May 22 22:51:55 <Echo> Mitchell waits for the others, deciding it's better to keep the machine gun ready to bring to bear on anything following them. "I got the rear."
May 22 22:52:03 <PaulS_laptop> Matt goes in
May 22 22:52:30 <Echo> After everyone's through, he follows, closing the door tight behind them.
May 22 22:53:40 <WalrusKing> "The pilot is fine, but I am told that rapid flight without the use of visuals is rather stressful." Deni locks the door.
May 22 22:54:10 <Echo> "Makes sense. And *damn*. That's, uh, that's impressive."
May 22 22:54:45 <Echo> Mitchell hustles to keep up. "You said they made us. *What* made us? Looked like a person."
May 22 22:54:56 <Maddy> "Many things look like people.'
May 22 22:55:23 <Echo> "…" Second creepy statement of the day.
May 22 22:55:28 <WalrusKing> "We rest here a-" he cuts to dead silence as there is a knock at the door.
May 22 22:56:00 <Maddy> Hikaru faces the door, gripping her gun a little tighter.
May 22 22:56:07 <Echo> Mitchell mouths "Engage?" to Deni.
May 22 22:56:16 <PaulS_laptop> "Through the door"
May 22 22:56:39 <Echo> He looks back at Matt, making a cutting motion at his neck.
May 22 22:56:54 <MonkeyBomb> Brock readies his rifle.
May 22 22:57:08 <WalrusKing> He shakes his head. His face is pale. The knob rattles slightly. "Let me in."
May 22 22:57:21 <WalrusKing> The voice comes from beyond the door to be clear
May 22 22:57:45 <MonkeyBomb> ~How 'bout fucking no.~
May 22 22:57:50 <Maddy> "Just ignore it for now, but kee-wait."
May 22 22:58:00 <Maddy> "Is this a Door?"
May 22 22:58:13 <WalrusKing> "Nonono. Do not engage, it will only attract attention. We must move, and now." Chirrik seems to be fully cured of her bout of stress. She is already opening the opposite door.
May 22 22:59:20 <Maddy> Hikaru is mostly ok with not getting an answer, since she can now pretend everything is fine.
May 22 22:59:41 <WalrusKing> "They are /all/ Doors."
May 22 23:00:14 <Echo> "Holy fuck…" Mitchell moves back up toward the front, keeping close by Chirrik and Deni.
May 22 23:00:58 <Maddy> "Then how were we hearing that knock? Are these things in the between places?" she keeps up too.
May 22 23:00:59 <WalrusKing> Chirrik is waiting for you in the next hallway. The moment everyone clears the room she starts up at a jog down the corridor. You pass through several interstections, and finally stop at a T intersection.
May 22 23:01:46 <WalrusKing> "I don't know. This is where we part. She will go to the backup plan, we must go forwards."
May 22 23:02:35 <Echo> Mitchell creeps up along the left side, popping around the corner with the 240, then spins around at that. "Whoa, wait, what? I thought we don't split off or you don't come back."
May 22 23:02:49 <PaulS_laptop> "backup plan?"
May 22 23:04:33 <WalrusKing> "The main grid died a long time ago. The reactor which was a backup generator for the whole compound is still active. This reactor sits underneath the main Tower. She want's to go alone, as this part is more dangerous."
May 22 23:04:52 <Maddy> "Are you sure, Chirrik?"
May 22 23:05:15 <PaulS_laptop> "If that happens…"
May 22 23:05:18 <PaulS_laptop> "We lose our pilot"
May 22 23:06:14 <Echo> "Wait, yeah. Fuck, she can't go off like that!"
May 22 23:06:22 <WalrusKing> "There is a Door at the end of our path, that is our exit strategy." Chirrik nods in response to Hikaru's question.
May 22 23:07:26 <Maddy> "Where will we meet you if we are successful?"
May 22 23:07:26 <MonkeyBomb> "You'd better be damn sure about this."
May 22 23:07:34 <Echo> "Jesus fuckin' Christ man. All right. Shit, let's go. What do we need a reactor for again? We're just settin' a bomb, right?"
May 22 23:08:28 <WalrusKing> Hikaru mimes the spot you met her, and then starts off down her path.
May 22 23:08:53 <PaulS_laptop> "reactor makes for a bigger bomb"
May 22 23:09:18 <WalrusKing> You continue northwards. Deni is at a jog. "We do not need the reactor. If our bombs fail, we can get the reactor to founder… that could kill anything."
May 22 23:09:36 <Maddy> She bows as she runs off. [May yoru ancestors be with you.] he runs after the others..
May 22 23:09:39 <Maddy> she
May 22 23:10:12 <Echo> It's hard to argue with Deni's logic. Mitchell keeps pace, slinging the heavy 240 so he can move more easily.
May 22 23:11:31 <WalrusKing> A purple door comes into view up the hallway. As you near it, you swear you can hear slow footsteps further down the hall…
May 22 23:11:54 <Echo> In the direction they're headed?
May 22 23:12:54 <WalrusKing> yep. Deni seems to be aiming for the purple door though.
May 22 23:13:21 <PaulS_laptop> Matt is wishing he'd nabbed himself a shotgun before leaving
May 22 23:14:30 <Echo> He, that's one of the pair of long guns crosses across Mitchell's back.
May 22 23:14:36 <Echo> *d
May 22 23:14:36 <WalrusKing> Deni stands at the door, reads something in the top right corner. "…FUCK. The number of knocks is worn off. Give me a moment." He starts knocking at the door.
May 22 23:14:58 <PaulS_laptop> "Mitchell, toss me your shotgun?"
May 22 23:15:16 <PaulS_laptop> "Rifle'll be a hassle in here"
May 22 23:15:40 <Echo> Mitchell does a rear face, pulls the 240 around with his right hand, yanks the shotgun free with his left, and tosses it in Matt's direction. "Got eight in the pipe."
May 22 23:15:57 <PaulS_laptop> Matt slings his M40 and accepts it
May 22 23:16:01 <PaulS_laptop> "Gracias"
May 22 23:16:37 <WalrusKing> A shape appears around the corner. Black fatigues, gas mask. Looks a little like Deni when you first met him. It doesn't say anything.
May 22 23:16:54 <Echo> "Careful. Rounds go quick on a sem-"
May 22 23:17:22 <Echo> Mitchell doesn't move, waiting to engage. He takes a tentative step back toward Deni, and gives him a bump with an elbow.
May 22 23:17:37 <Echo> *fire
May 22 23:17:40 <Maddy> Hikaru is all ready to shoot things if need be.
May 22 23:18:18 <MonkeyBomb> "…"
May 22 23:18:20 <PaulS_laptop> Matt snaps the shotgun right up
May 22 23:19:06 <WalrusKing> Deni is knocking various numbers of times. The figure takes a single, slow step in your direction. Its movements are odd, somehow slow.
May 22 23:19:33 <WalrusKing> It seems to be somewhat uncoordinated.
May 22 23:19:35 <PaulS_laptop> "ONTHEGROUNDNOW"
May 22 23:20:41 <Echo> The jerky people thing sets Mitchell off. Sans a response from Deni…
May 22 23:21:05 <Echo> He gives Deni another, harder jab with his elbow.
May 22 23:21:17 <WalrusKing> Deni seems to get the door to work. He shoves it open, runs through. "Come!"
May 22 23:21:27 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+6 Let's make that a headshot. Burning an AP
May 22 23:21:27 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: Let's make that a headshot. Burning an AP: 6 (4df+6=0, -, +, 0)
May 22 23:21:41 <Echo> Mitchell's the first one through behind him, and gives a yank at Hikaru's sleeve.
May 22 23:23:01 <Maddy> Hikaru goes throoooough!
May 22 23:23:02 <WalrusKing> 4df+2
May 22 23:23:03 <CROM> WalrusKing: 2 (4df+2=0, +, -, 0)
May 22 23:23:20 <WalrusKing> The figure slowly, strangely quitely falls over backwards.
May 22 23:23:24 <MonkeyBomb> Brock slips through.
May 22 23:23:24 <WalrusKing> *quietly
May 22 23:23:35 <PaulS_laptop> Matt goes through last
May 22 23:23:42 <PaulS_laptop> And slams the door shut
May 22 23:23:48 <PaulS_laptop> "Seven"
May 22 23:24:20 <Echo> "Lock that fucker. Deni, how close are we. Tell we're next door."
May 22 23:26:00 <WalrusKing> Deni is already moving up the next corridor. Theres an odd crossroads ahead. A door out forwards, double doors to the left, and a hallway off right. Another hallway comes in from the northwest to make this weird.
May 22 23:26:41 <WalrusKing> "Forwards is the target, I will set it. Give me some time. Our exit is northwest. To the right is the major's hallway. Do not go there."
May 22 23:27:04 <Echo> "Hey Sergeant, you think you might wanna try Chirrik? Radio call? See if she's still walkin'?"
May 22 23:27:23 <Maddy> "Is there no way to contact him? I'd hate to blow him up without trying to let im know what's going on."
May 22 23:28:36 <Echo> "Matt, I think this is yer stop."
May 22 23:29:03 <PaulS_laptop> "Yo?"
May 22 23:29:21 <Echo> "Target's dead ahead."
May 22 23:29:24 <WalrusKing> "I would advise against it, but he is always listening." Deni raises his radio to his head, listens a bit. Theres a burst of static, and then Chirrik speaking calmly over the noise of gunshots and a strange shuffling. "She says she is alright. I will arm the explosive now." He goes into the forwards room.
May 22 23:29:46 <PaulS_laptop> Matt accompanies him
May 22 23:29:53 <Echo> "You guys all copy that? Angled corridor's the way out. That's the money shot."
May 22 23:30:51 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3 Engineering. Let's try to figure out this bomb, and a remote det for it using the radio
May 22 23:30:51 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: Engineering. Let's try to figure out this bomb, and a remote det for it using the radio: 1 (4df+3=-, 0, 0, -)
May 22 23:31:04 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3 reroll and last AP
May 22 23:31:04 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: reroll and last AP: 3 (4df+3=-, +, -, +)
May 22 23:31:06 <Maddy> Hikaru feels weird about not trying to make contact with the major, but what does she know.
May 22 23:31:17 <PaulS_laptop> urp, make that a +5, so a 5
May 22 23:33:23 <WalrusKing> Theres an explosive at what looks like a support. It's a really weird looking package, looks far too small to do anything to this thing. You think you can rig it though.
May 22 23:33:43 <WalrusKing> Mitchell, Hikaru, Brock: perception
May 22 23:33:58 <Maddy> 4df+3
May 22 23:33:58 <CROM> Maddy: 4 (4df+3=+, -, 0, +)
May 22 23:34:16 <PaulS_laptop> Matt takes out his radio link, turns to Deni "I'll blow it when we're through. Right?"
May 22 23:34:16 <Echo> 4df+4 D:
May 22 23:34:16 <CROM> Echo: D:: 5 (4df+4=-, +, +, 0)
May 22 23:34:39 <PaulS_laptop> His radio detonator, the flashlight, a pair of pliers
May 22 23:35:05 <PaulS_laptop> And thumbs a round out of his M40's magazine
May 22 23:35:40 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3
May 22 23:35:40 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: 4 (4df+3=+, +, -, 0)
May 22 23:36:19 <WalrusKing> "This may not be enough range from the Atrium to here, perhaps start a delay upon radio?"
May 22 23:36:48 <PaulS_laptop> "How quick can we get through the atrium and out?"
May 22 23:36:48 <WalrusKing> Mitchell, Hikaru, Brock: knock knock
May 22 23:37:17 <Maddy> [Shit.]
May 22 23:38:18 <WalrusKing> Theres a dark shape standing at the double doors, trying the knob. It turns its head curiously. "Let me in."
May 22 23:38:24 <MonkeyBomb> "Let's get a move on, guys." He glances at the door.
May 22 23:39:04 <WalrusKing> There are footsteps somewhere down the corridor you just came up.
May 22 23:39:23 <WalrusKing> "This will require a few minutes to set!" Deni seems agitated.
May 22 23:39:45 <Echo> 4df+4 Mitchell unloads a long burst from the machine gun into the thing at the door.
May 22 23:39:45 <CROM> Echo: Mitchell unloads a long burst from the machine gun into the thing at the door.: 3 (4df+4=0, 0, -, 0)
May 22 23:39:50 <Echo> …
May 22 23:39:52 <PaulS_laptop> "Going as gast as I can"
May 22 23:40:02 <WalrusKing> 4df+2
May 22 23:40:02 <CROM> WalrusKing: 2 (4df+2=+, -, -, +)
May 22 23:40:12 <MonkeyBomb> Now there's no door.
May 22 23:40:37 <PaulS_laptop> "Deni, gimmie a time for delay"
May 22 23:40:49 * Tehpillowstar (~PI.3BC155FE.EA7E8EA2.EF990D96|arukam#PI.3BC155FE.EA7E8EA2.EF990D96|arukam) has joined #afteractionmission
May 22 23:41:27 <WalrusKing> It falls backwards wordlessly.The door flies open. The doors seem to open onto a low balcony just barely above a courtyard. There are shuffling sounds outside.
May 22 23:41:46 <PaulS_laptop> Matt carefully undoes one of the bad grenades, and with a steady hand and careful action, begins dissassebling the spring mechanism
May 22 23:41:52 <PaulS_laptop> stop me if you want a roll
May 22 23:44:09 <Maddy> Hikaru faces the totally not exploded doors and points her GUN at it. "I dare you, fucker."
May 22 23:44:34 <WalrusKing> No need. Deni works alongside you. "Ah, she didn't skimp on the boom. 'Happy Surprise' special. Nothing else quite like it."
May 22 23:44:52 <PaulS_laptop> Matt wires the spring back and drifts out the spring pin to host the spring
May 22 23:45:11 <PaulS_laptop> then removes the spoon
May 22 23:45:26 <WalrusKing> The shape jangles the handle, turns its head back up towards you. "Let me in." Another comes into view from around the corner…
May 22 23:45:31 <PaulS_laptop> "If this fucks up, I guess I'm gonna have a hook for a hand"
May 22 23:45:54 <PaulS_laptop> He starts using his knife to do something very, massively unsafe
May 22 23:45:56 <WalrusKing> "This close to 'Happy Surprise'? No you won't."
May 22 23:46:09 <PaulS_laptop> "No, this" he points to the fuze he's rigging
May 22 23:46:25 <MonkeyBomb> Brock keeps his rifle trained on the forms at the door.
May 22 23:46:42 <Maddy> "Two targets. Deni can these thing get in the doors through brute force?"
May 22 23:46:44 <WalrusKing> A shape come into view down the hallway you came up. And then another. They seem to be moving a touch faster than they were before.
May 22 23:46:58 <Maddy> [Shit shit shit.]
May 22 23:47:09 <PaulS_laptop> Prying loose the previous cap, he sets the Stupidly Dangerous Device aside, pulling apart the flashlight next
May 22 23:47:21 <PaulS_laptop> "Pull this bullet, will ya?"
May 22 23:47:30 <WalrusKing> Deni complies.
May 22 23:47:31 <PaulS_laptop> he passes the pliers and 308 round to deni
May 22 23:48:01 <PaulS_laptop> And brgins wiring the flashlight bulb, now smashed open, to the radio's speaker output
May 22 23:48:22 <WalrusKing> Another shape pulls itself unhurriedly onto the balcony. The first shape on the balcony has started to thump with its hands against the glass. "Let me in."
May 22 23:49:20 <Maddy> "Guys…might want to hurry it up."
May 22 23:49:34 <PaulS_laptop> Then, assuming Deni has finished, takes the cartridge. Taping the radio/flashlight to the grenade fuze "Tape this up to the thing" he passes over a busted grenade
May 22 23:49:44 <WalrusKing> The two shapes down the hallway have accelerated to a fast walk.
May 22 23:49:56 <WalrusKing> They are getting might close…
May 22 23:50:00 <WalrusKing> *mighty
May 22 23:50:19 <WalrusKing> You swear you can hear more footsteps drawing close further down the hall.
May 22 23:50:27 <PaulS_laptop> He takes his fuze assembly, dumps the powder around the thing, and tapes it all up, then passes it over to Deni to screw into the grenade
May 22 23:50:35 <PaulS_laptop> "LET'S GO"
May 22 23:50:37 * Echo has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
May 22 23:50:52 <WalrusKing> :|
May 22 23:51:13 <WalrusKing> pause?
May 22 23:55:21 * Notify: Echo is online (SCP and Related Channels).
May 22 23:55:41 * Notify: Echo is offline (SCP and Related Channels).
May 22 23:56:18 <Tehpillowstar> pauzy
May 22 23:56:18 * Notify: E4D is online (SCP and Related Channels).
May 22 23:56:20 * E4D (PI.57859BDB.5B8DAF65.392216F3|tibbiM#PI.57859BDB.5B8DAF65.392216F3|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
May 22 23:56:29 * ChanServ sets mode +q #afteractionmission E4D
May 22 23:56:29 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to E4D
May 22 23:57:54 <E4D> Mitchell drops to a knee, placing his 240 on the ground, and fishes a roll of black tape from a pocket on the hazmat suit.
May 22 23:58:29 <E4D> He starts taping up the the body and trigger mechanism of the damaged grenades, round and round and round and round.
May 22 23:58:54 <E4D> Is the door they came through to get here glass?
May 22 23:59:06 <WalrusKing> No, but its a ways down the hall.
May 22 23:59:20 <PaulS_laptop> Assuming Deni helps him finish, Matt is now Done
May 22 23:59:23 <E4D> That's where some things are coming from, right?
May 22 23:59:38 <WalrusKing> yup
May 23 00:00:11 <E4D> Mitchell gives both of the damaged grenades he taped up a wicked pitch down the hall, and slings a live one behind them. Triple threat.
May 23 00:00:23 <PaulS_laptop> "WE'RE READY, LET'S GO" Matt has his radio up
May 23 00:00:27 * E4D is now known as EchoFourDelta
May 23 00:00:35 * EchoFourDelta is now known as Echo
May 23 00:00:35 * Notify: EchoFourDelta is offline (SCP and Related Channels).
May 23 00:00:35 * Notify: Echo is online (SCP and Related Channels).
May 23 00:00:39 <Maddy> 4df+3 Hikaru takes a shot at the first dude to come down the hall and into the room they're actually in.
May 23 00:00:39 <CROM> Maddy: Hikaru takes a shot at the first dude to come down the hall and into the room they're actually in.: 3 (4df+3=-, 0, 0, +)
May 23 00:00:48 <WalrusKing> Mitchell: roll strength
May 23 00:00:56 <WalrusKing> 4df+2
May 23 00:00:57 <CROM> WalrusKing: 0 (4df+2=+, -, -, -)
May 23 00:01:13 <WalrusKing> Hikaru: he falls over backwards
May 23 00:01:25 <Echo> 4df+6 Tagging Killer Instinct
May 23 00:01:25 <CROM> Echo: Tagging Killer Instinct: 8 (4df+6=-, +, +, +)
May 23 00:02:02 <Echo> "FRAG OUT!"
May 23 00:02:09 <PaulS_laptop> To the others "When I hit this, We got Three Seconds."
May 23 00:02:14 <Echo> Mitchell hits the floor in the prone.
May 23 00:02:14 <WalrusKing> The grenade has a mighty flight!
May 23 00:02:34 <WalrusKing> 1d3
May 23 00:02:34 <CROM> WalrusKing: 1 (1d3=1)
May 23 00:03:02 <MonkeyBomb> Brock ducks and covers.
May 23 00:03:34 <PaulS_laptop> Matt is trying the Door out. He doesn't know the knock though
May 23 00:03:38 <PaulS_laptop> so it's to no avail
May 23 00:03:48 <WalrusKing> Boom. Anyone not wearing ear protection is going to be a little dazed. There is a crashing sounds and it looks like part of the above floor crashes down into the hallway they came up earlier.
May 23 00:04:26 <Maddy> "Just make sure not break the way home."
May 23 00:05:15 <WalrusKing> Looks pretty impassable. The remaining one figure coming at you lurches at you unimpeded, being too close to you to get stuck with the blast.
May 23 00:05:58 <Echo> Mitchell shakes the bells out of his ears and pushes up off the floor, scooping up the 240 as he rises. At least he's back in familiar territory. "Someone shoot that fucker." He moves a little toward the hallway leading toward the exit, keeping eyes on it.
May 23 00:06:16 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+4 Pistol snaps up. Pop.
May 23 00:06:17 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: Pistol snaps up. Pop.: 5 (4df+4=-, +, +, 0)
May 23 00:06:44 <WalrusKing> 4df+2
May 23 00:06:45 <CROM> WalrusKing: 4 (4df+2=+, +, +, -)
May 23 00:07:13 <WalrusKing> It slumps forwards, falls, and remains motionless.
May 23 00:07:44 <WalrusKing> There is now pounding on the double doors. Deni moves somewhat shakily towards the exit hallway.
May 23 00:08:13 <Echo> "All right, yeah, way looks clear over here. Let's beat feet." Mitchell picks up, leading the way with the machine gun.
May 23 00:08:21 <PaulS_laptop> Matt accompanies
May 23 00:08:38 <MonkeyBomb> Brock mobes.
May 23 00:08:38 <PaulS_laptop> "Deni, be ready with the door out from the atrium"
May 23 00:08:39 <MonkeyBomb> *moves
May 23 00:09:33 <Maddy> Hikaru checks the door herself for its knock marker
May 23 00:10:09 <WalrusKing> Deni opens your exit door to the Atrium. There, many floors below, a single shape moves away from what is practically a sea of black, shuffling shapes. There is only periodic gunshots and shuffling.
May 23 00:10:44 <MonkeyBomb> "Shit."
May 23 00:11:40 <PaulS_laptop> "LEAVE THAT DOOR BEHIND US OPEN"
May 23 00:11:59 <Maddy> "Chirrik!"
May 23 00:12:07 <Echo> Can Mitchell see over the side?
May 23 00:12:19 <Echo> Like, to lean over a bit?
May 23 00:12:24 <WalrusKing> Yes.
May 23 00:13:41 <Echo> The last functional grenade gets pitched hard, well away from the person fighting the horde. He follows it with a fusillade of gunfire that expends the entire belt loaded into his machine gun.
May 23 00:14:03 <WalrusKing> Roll ranged
May 23 00:14:54 <Echo> 4df+4 Spending an AP on Aggression
May 23 00:14:55 <CROM> Echo: Spending an AP on Aggression: 3 (4df+4=-, +, -, 0)
May 23 00:15:05 <Echo> 4df+4 Second attack
May 23 00:15:06 <CROM> Echo: Second attack: 3 (4df+4=0, 0, -, 0)
May 23 00:15:51 <WalrusKing> 6d2
May 23 00:15:51 <CROM> WalrusKing: 7 (6d2=1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1)
May 23 00:16:31 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+4 Matt brings out the sniper rifle, and begins supporting fire.
May 23 00:16:31 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: Matt brings out the sniper rifle, and begins supporting fire.: 5 (4df+4=-, +, +, 0)
May 23 00:17:24 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+4 Brock brings his rifle around and starts trying to pick some off as best he can.
May 23 00:17:24 <WalrusKing> 4df+3
May 23 00:17:24 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: Brock brings his rifle around and starts trying to pick some off as best he can.: 3 (4df+4=0, -, -, +)
May 23 00:17:24 <CROM> WalrusKing: 2 (4df+3=+, 0, -, -)
May 23 00:17:44 <WalrusKing> 8d2
May 23 00:17:45 <CROM> WalrusKing: 13 (8d2=2, 2, 1, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1)
May 23 00:18:31 <WalrusKing> Twenty figures fall in all. A small gap appears in the tide.
May 23 00:18:49 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3 Chuck a grenade too
May 23 00:18:49 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: Chuck a grenade too: 1 (4df+3=0, -, 0, -)
May 23 00:19:42 <Maddy> Hikaru runs for the next door so thy have a clear path home onc the boom goes off.
May 23 00:20:14 <WalrusKing> The figure darts forwards, and makes a run for what looks like the lowest teir of doors. Just before it gets there, a figure lurches unfortunately and tags it in the shoulder with a thump. You hear an anguised scream from bellow, and the single figure stumbles, but then keeps running.
May 23 00:20:33 <Echo> Mitchell follows her, weapon empty. He's out of grenades, out of ammo on the big gun. Nothing else to be done for Chirrik except cross his fingers.
May 23 00:20:33 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+4 Shoot the pursuers
May 23 00:20:34 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: Shoot the pursuers: 4 (4df+4=+, -, -, +)
May 23 00:20:42 <WalrusKing> *anguished
May 23 00:21:04 <WalrusKing> There are quick shuffling footsteps from the direction of the door you left open…
May 23 00:21:22 <PaulS_laptop> "Mitchell, get your radio up. Hikaru, get the door"
May 23 00:21:29 <PaulS_laptop> "I got us from behind"
May 23 00:21:36 <Maddy> "Already got it."
May 23 00:21:51 <Echo> "Shit…" Mitchell slings the 240 and chicken wings his rifle, radio in his left hand. "Yeah? What am I doin' then?"
May 23 00:21:53 <WalrusKing> Deni seems to be concentrating furiously. He abruptly turns and runs for a door nearby. "She is taking a poor route! I will meet her halfway! Cover me!"
May 23 00:21:53 <PaulS_laptop> "Cause we got three seconds til kaboom"
May 23 00:22:10 <PaulS_laptop> "Up one channel, pop it on my mark"
May 23 00:22:25 <PaulS_laptop> "Then we run like hell"
May 23 00:22:28 <Maddy> Hikaru moves to cover Deni.
May 23 00:22:34 <WalrusKing> He opens a door, runs in, and then it shuts.
May 23 00:22:42 <Echo> "Oh fuck me runnin'. Deni, this thing ain't rigged for waitin'- Deni's goin' for Chirrik."
May 23 00:22:51 <MonkeyBomb> "Jesus Christ."
May 23 00:23:02 <PaulS_laptop> "Then we cover him"
May 23 00:23:19 <PaulS_laptop> Matt prepares to cover him, and hold their rear"
May 23 00:23:28 <WalrusKing> There is eerie silence as both of the persued are presumable elsewhere entirely. Figures shamble quietly, towards you.
May 23 00:23:44 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+4 Shotgun
May 23 00:23:45 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: Shotgun: 5 (4df+4=+, +, 0, -)
May 23 00:24:08 <WalrusKing> 4df+2
May 23 00:24:08 <CROM> WalrusKing: 1 (4df+2=0, 0, -, 0)
May 23 00:24:10 <Echo> How many are moving towards us?
May 23 00:24:11 <WalrusKing> 4df+2
May 23 00:24:11 <CROM> WalrusKing: 6 (4df+2=+, +, +, +)
May 23 00:24:12 <PaulS_laptop> On the nonexplosive channel, "Deni, make this shit quick"
May 23 00:24:17 <WalrusKing> Echo: at least 3
May 23 00:24:37 <WalrusKing> two now
May 23 00:24:42 <WalrusKing> one falls in a burst of shotgun fire
May 23 00:24:52 <PaulS_laptop> "Six"
May 23 00:25:44 <WalrusKing> Two figures still shamble towards you.
May 23 00:25:48 <Echo> 4df+4 Spending last AP on Aggression. Mitchell's rifle comes up and barks twice. First at one figure…
May 23 00:25:48 <CROM> Echo: Spending last AP on Aggression. Mitchell's rifle comes up and barks twice. First at one figure…: 5 (4df+4=+, 0, +, -)
May 23 00:25:54 <Echo> 4df+4 Then at the other.
May 23 00:25:55 <CROM> Echo: Then at the other.: 4 (4df+4=-, 0, 0, +)
May 23 00:26:01 <WalrusKing> 4df+2
May 23 00:26:01 <CROM> WalrusKing: 2 (4df+2=-, 0, +, 0)
May 23 00:26:03 <WalrusKing> 4df+2
May 23 00:26:04 <CROM> WalrusKing: 4 (4df+2=+, 0, +, 0)
May 23 00:27:09 <WalrusKing> One figure falls. The last walks towards you, close enough that you can see reflected blurs in its eyepieces
May 23 00:27:33 <Echo> Up to Hikaru.
May 23 00:27:50 <Maddy> 4df+3 Blamo!May 23 00:27:51 <CROM> Maddy: Blamo!\: 5 (4df+3=+, -, +, +)
May 23 00:27:53 <MonkeyBomb> :T
May 23 00:28:02 <WalrusKing> 4df+2
May 23 00:28:03 <CROM> WalrusKing: 2 (4df+2=0, 0, -, +)
May 23 00:28:09 <MonkeyBomb> Brock has clipped through the floor.
May 23 00:28:27 <WalrusKing> There is a slight thump as the bullets hit the figure, and it falls over.
May 23 00:28:33 <WalrusKing> Brock: Perception
May 23 00:28:38 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3 !!!
May 23 00:28:39 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: !!!: 1 (4df+3=-, -, +, -)
May 23 00:28:44 <MonkeyBomb> AP to reroll
May 23 00:28:48 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3 FUCK YOU CROM
May 23 00:28:49 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: FUCK YOU CROM: 4 (4df+3=0, -, +, +)
May 23 00:31:10 <WalrusKing> You hear a sound behind you. From the door nearest to you. A sort of scratching, and then a knock. But there's something off about it. This one doesn't sound like the others.
May 23 00:31:46 <MonkeyBomb> Brock approaches the door. "Chirrik?"
May 23 00:32:08 <MonkeyBomb> "If that's you, knock loud three times."
May 23 00:32:31 <MonkeyBomb> He hopes those ghost things aren't fluent in knockenese.
May 23 00:32:31 <WalrusKing> Theres a knock, then another, this one slightly faltered, and then another faltering knock.
May 23 00:32:43 <MonkeyBomb> "Fuck it." He opens it.
May 23 00:33:19 <MonkeyBomb> IT'D BETTER FUCKING BE CHIRRIK
May 23 00:33:27 <Maddy> Worth noting
May 23 00:33:36 <Maddy> Chirrik cannot into english
May 23 00:33:45 <WalrusKing> A battered looking, roughly Chirrik like figure stands in the doorway. Its supporting itself against the frame.
May 23 00:34:09 * Echo has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
May 23 00:34:09 * Notify: Echo is offline (SCP and Related Channels).
May 23 00:34:17 <PaulS_laptop> :|
May 23 00:34:19 <MonkeyBomb> I swear to God… Bro — freezes in time.
May 23 00:34:20 <PaulS_laptop> :|||||
May 23 00:34:22 <WalrusKing> damnit
May 23 00:34:37 <WalrusKing> we're on the home stretch
May 23 00:35:52 * Echo (PI.57859BDB.5B8DAF65.392216F3|tibbiM#PI.57859BDB.5B8DAF65.392216F3|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
May 23 00:35:59 * ChanServ sets mode +q #afteractionmission Echo
May 23 00:35:59 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Echo
May 23 00:36:24 <MonkeyBomb> Brock grabs the Chirrik-like figure and pulls her away from the door before slamming it shut.
May 23 00:36:41 <MonkeyBomb> Unless, you know, it's not Chirrik and touching it does Bad Things.
May 23 00:37:04 <WalrusKing> It stumbles after him and it intakes breath sharply. You succeed in your action.
May 23 00:38:07 <Maddy> "Chirrik?"
May 23 00:38:17 <MonkeyBomb> Brock helps her stay standing. He turns to the others. "We done here?"
May 23 00:38:35 <WalrusKing> "Hikaru."
May 23 00:38:40 <PaulS_laptop> Matt taps his wrist as if to say "we're on the clock"
May 23 00:38:43 <Maddy> She nods. "Where's Deni?"
May 23 00:39:06 <WalrusKing> Theres a knock at the same door Chirrik was behind.
May 23 00:39:50 <MonkeyBomb> "Speak of the devil?" He doesn't immediately move to open it this time. "That'd better fucking be you, Deni."
May 23 00:39:53 <Echo> "Guns up. This is last call. If it ain't Deni, our asses is goin' through that door."
May 23 00:40:19 <Maddy> "Got it."
May 23 00:40:26 <PaulS_laptop> Shotgun comes up
May 23 00:40:37 <WalrusKing> Theres a tired chuckle from the other side of the door. "Was that what my name was? I've lost so much…"
May 23 00:41:23 <Maddy> "Quickly, we don't have time."
May 23 00:41:50 <MonkeyBomb> Brock opens it once again.
May 23 00:42:47 <WalrusKing> A figure that looks a lot like Deni is standing there.
May 23 00:42:57 <MonkeyBomb> He pulls it through.
May 23 00:43:05 <WalrusKing> pdef
May 23 00:43:06 <Echo> …
May 23 00:43:27 <MonkeyBomb> Fucking hell.
May 23 00:43:38 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3
May 23 00:43:39 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: 2 (4df+3=+, 0, -, -)
May 23 00:44:05 <WalrusKing> 4df+3
May 23 00:44:06 <CROM> WalrusKing: 2 (4df+3=+, -, 0, -)
May 23 00:44:27 <Echo> 4df+4 Mitchell brings his sidearm up, sights in on Used-To-Be-Deni's face, and fires.
May 23 00:44:27 <CROM> Echo: Mitchell brings his sidearm up, sights in on Used-To-Be-Deni's face, and fires.: 3 (4df+4=-, 0, -, +)
May 23 00:44:48 <WalrusKing> For a moment, you feel like you've touched a fire, a cold one. If you've ever gotten a cold burn before you know the feeling.
May 23 00:45:02 <WalrusKing> Brock: roll mdef
May 23 00:45:13 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+2 -_-
May 23 00:45:14 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: -_-: 0 (4df+2=-, +, -, -)
May 23 00:45:22 <MonkeyBomb> Okay
May 23 00:45:28 <MonkeyBomb> I'll live with it.
May 23 00:45:30 <WalrusKing> 4df+1
May 23 00:45:31 <CROM> WalrusKing: -1 (4df+1=-, -, +, -)
May 23 00:45:40 <PaulS_laptop> NO SELL
May 23 00:45:40 <MonkeyBomb> O_O
May 23 00:45:50 <WalrusKing> Brock: the world spins dizzyingly
May 23 00:46:06 <MonkeyBomb> He recoils from Not Deni.
May 23 00:46:18 <WalrusKing> 4df+2 getting shot in face
May 23 00:46:18 <CROM> WalrusKing: getting shot in face: 4 (4df+2=+, +, +, -)
May 23 00:46:40 <PaulS_laptop> "Okay, fuck this, let's go"
May 23 00:47:06 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+4 Finish Deni so we can go
May 23 00:47:06 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: Finish Deni so we can go: 1 (4df+4=0, -, -, -)
May 23 00:47:11 <PaulS_laptop> …
May 23 00:47:15 <MonkeyBomb> OR NOT
May 23 00:47:28 <Maddy> Hikaru helps Chirrik get to the door if she needs it and starts towards the way home. "Forget about it, lets go!"
May 23 00:47:31 <Echo> Mitchell complies, going for the exit door, and giving no fucks. Deni'll be gone one way or another.
May 23 00:47:44 <PaulS_laptop> Matt goes
May 23 00:47:48 <Echo> The radio's flipped to channel 2 as he starts knocking.
May 23 00:48:03 <MonkeyBomb> Brock moves
May 23 00:48:08 <MonkeyBomb> Son of a bitch…
May 23 00:48:21 <WalrusKing> The bullet hits it straight in the face. Theres a dull pthunk, and you can see it exit out the back of its head. Theres a neat little hole, but nothing else happens. "It's finally happened… I've been losing pieces of myself, a little at a time, and now it's all moved on. I can feel it up ahead, but its just out of reach, and I could just get it if … Let me in."
May 23 00:48:22 <PaulS_laptop> "Soon as we get to the door to home, pop it"
May 23 00:48:37 <WalrusKing> 4df+3 nosell gunshot
May 23 00:48:38 <CROM> WalrusKing: nosell gunshot: 6 (4df+3=+, +, +, 0)
May 23 00:49:31 <WalrusKing> The figure stumbles towards you, hands outreached.
May 23 00:49:38 <Echo> The door open?
May 23 00:49:41 <WalrusKing> yup
May 23 00:49:51 <WalrusKing> The roof looks clear
May 23 00:50:18 <PaulS_laptop> "LEAVE IT OPEN"
May 23 00:50:24 <Echo> Mitchell steps through and starts running, radio in one hand, pistol in the other, away from Deni.
May 23 00:50:36 <WalrusKing> You're all on the roof.
May 23 00:50:42 <PaulS_laptop> Matt is hauling ass
May 23 00:50:50 <WalrusKing> Stumbling footsteps approach the rooftop entrance
May 23 00:50:52 <MonkeyBomb> Brock is hauling ass as well.
May 23 00:51:30 <WalrusKing> The Door to home is right there.
May 23 00:51:50 <WalrusKing> Right in front of you.
May 23 00:52:02 <Echo> Mitchell goes through it.
May 23 00:52:21 <Echo> Right before he crosses the threshold, he mashes the broadcast key on the radio
May 23 00:52:32 <WalrusKing> Tick tock
May 23 00:53:03 <Maddy> Hikaru goes with Chirrik, assumign she let her help
May 23 00:53:11 <PaulS_laptop> Once Matt is through the door, he turns around and spins around, covering it with his shotgun til the others are tnrough
May 23 00:53:18 <MonkeyBomb> Brock is through.
May 23 00:53:27 <PaulS_laptop> Door is shut
May 23 00:53:41 <PaulS_laptop> "You pop it?"
May 23 00:53:44 <WalrusKing> Tick tock
May 23 00:53:50 <PaulS_laptop> Matt is antsy
May 23 00:54:29 <Echo> "Yeah. Right before I went through," Mitchell shouts from down the hall. He's still running through the building they emerged into, trying to get as far away from the door as possible, in the event of unforeseen consequences.
May 23 00:54:40 <WalrusKing> Theres silence, and then, a knock at the door, and then …
May 23 00:54:48 <WalrusKing> mdef
May 23 00:54:57 <WalrusKing> everyone
May 23 00:55:00 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+2 NOT AGAIN
May 23 00:55:00 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: NOT AGAIN: 4 (4df+2=0, +, 0, +)
May 23 00:55:07 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3 dammt no AP left
May 23 00:55:07 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: dammt no AP left: 3 (4df+3=-, 0, 0, +)
May 23 00:55:20 <Echo> 4df+3 >_> Fuck.
May 23 00:55:21 <CROM> Echo: >_> Fuck.: 0 (4df+3=-, -, -, 0)
May 23 00:56:17 <Maddy> 4df+1
May 23 00:56:18 <CROM> Maddy: 2 (4df+1=+, +, -, 0)
May 23 00:57:07 <Maddy> Uhhh even Haeata?
May 23 00:57:37 <WalrusKing> NPC's are probably exempt
May 23 00:57:55 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+1 Ace wonders where the hell everyone is going.
May 23 00:57:55 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: Ace wonders where the hell everyone is going.: 4 (4df+1=0, +, +, +)
May 23 00:58:01 <MonkeyBomb> Good dog.
May 23 00:58:26 <WalrusKing> 4df+3
May 23 00:58:27 <CROM> WalrusKing: 3 (4df+3=-, +, +, -)
May 23 01:03:43 <WalrusKing> Everyone: theres a sensation like someone is screaming INSIDE YOUR HEAD, the loudest scream you've ever heard. Mitchell, Hikaru: you white out. You find yourself in a vast desert, and across the desert you can see a tower tumbling, crumbling down. There a keening sound coming from that direction, and given how vast the distance is, the sound must be immense. Just before you slide into blackness, and then back towards
May 23 01:03:43 <WalrusKing> the realm of the concious, you swear you could see something vast writhing underneath, the death throes of something truly gargantuan.
May 23 01:04:08 <WalrusKing> To everyone else, the pain subsists eventually, and you just get to watch Mitchell and Hikaru roll around on the floor
May 23 01:04:30 <PaulS_laptop> "Gah, fuck"
May 23 01:04:44 <PaulS_laptop> "You ok?!" to Mitchell
May 23 01:06:33 <PaulS_laptop> Matt takes hold of him
May 23 01:06:44 <Maddy> Hikaru jabbers something in japanese.
May 23 01:06:59 <PaulS_laptop> "Brock, get Hikaru"
May 23 01:07:03 <MonkeyBomb> Brock leans down next to her.
May 23 01:07:11 <Echo> He keeps squirming for a moment, then tries to sit up, wobbling like someone concussed before flopping back over limp.
May 23 01:07:25 <MonkeyBomb> "Jeez." He gently shakes her. "Yo, wake up."
May 23 01:08:14 <Maddy> Her arm kinda flails like something outa RE4 for a moment then she… "Nani!? Chirrik? Everyone did it work?"
May 23 01:08:43 <PaulS_laptop> Matt pulls Mtchell upright
May 23 01:08:50 <MonkeyBomb> "Yeah, yeah. I think so. You okay?" He gives her some space.
May 23 01:09:14 <Maddy> "I…no, but I think I will be now. Let us get far from here."
May 23 01:09:36 <Maddy> Haeata scrutinizes the door one last time before joining the others.
May 23 01:09:44 <MonkeyBomb> Ace is happy to see Brock.
May 23 01:09:47 <WalrusKing> Chirrik is on her knees in front of the door.
May 23 01:09:53 <PaulS_laptop> "Ey, Mitchell, wake up" matt slaps him once
May 23 01:10:01 <PaulS_laptop> 4df+3 strength to pick him up
May 23 01:10:02 <CROM> PaulS_laptop: strength to pick him up: 3 (4df+3=-, -, +, +)
May 23 01:10:49 <PaulS_laptop> Matt heaves the overfull sack of shit Body of Mitchell over his shoulder
May 23 01:10:51 <Echo> 4df+4 Mitchell's eyes snap open and he slaps Matt back.
May 23 01:10:51 <CROM> Echo: Mitchell's eyes snap open and he slaps Matt back.: 2 (4df+4=-, -, 0, 0)
May 23 01:11:07 <Maddy> Haeata puts a hand on her shoulder. "I'm sorry, Chirrik."
May 23 01:11:20 <PaulS_laptop> in retaliation, Matt drops him
May 23 01:12:14 <Echo> Mitchell lands heavily on his M16. "Fuuuuuuuuu… aggggghhhhh, Gooooooood…" He rolls over, rubbing his back.
May 23 01:12:48 <PaulS_laptop> "You awake?"
May 23 01:12:55 <PaulS_laptop> "And not possessed"
May 23 01:13:39 <Echo> Mitchell goes still, trying to relax the muscles in his back. "If I was possessed, I wouldn't be trying to massage my kidneys, asshole."
May 23 01:13:53 <WalrusKing> Chirrik bursts into tears. Might be joy, might be relief, might be … pain? Her leg looks broken as shit, and theres /definitely/ something fucked going on with the skin on her shoulder. Her down and feathers there have started to slough off.
May 23 01:14:05 <PaulS_laptop> Matt suddenly gets caught up in something
May 23 01:14:16 <PaulS_laptop> something is suddenly /funny/
May 23 01:14:24 <WalrusKing> After a moment, looks like its probably relief. Which is weird, because that looks like it should hurt a lot.
May 23 01:14:32 <PaulS_laptop> he cracks up at Mitchell's comment
May 23 01:14:44 <Maddy> "I know it does little to dull the pain, but you will be safe here, and part of our family, if you wish." Haeata knows she can't understand, but she's trying.
May 23 01:14:44 <PaulS_laptop> "I can't believe that worked" through tears
May 23 01:15:17 <Echo> After about half minute, Mitchell gingerly pushes himself to his feet and kinda dusts himself off.
May 23 01:15:21 <Maddy> "Soomeone? I don't think Chirrik will be walking to the cars."
May 23 01:15:45 <PaulS_laptop> Matt walks over
May 23 01:16:03 <Maddy> "Hopefully John or Silas are awake."
May 23 01:16:06 <WalrusKing> Chirrik pulls herself up to her feet. She's still crying a little, but laughing a little too. She looks sort of exhausted.
May 23 01:16:56 <Maddy> Unfortunately, Haeata packed light, so she doesnt have her walking stick to offer.
May 23 01:17:02 <PaulS_laptop> Matt ovvers a shoulder
May 23 01:17:14 <PaulS_laptop> "I cannot believe that worked"
May 23 01:17:24 <Echo> "Hell, probably be better not to move her. Somebody could take a truck, go back, haul John out here, then we all drive back together. An' what do you mean?"
May 23 01:17:47 <PaulS_laptop> "I'd never done that before"
May 23 01:17:52 <PaulS_laptop> "The bob"
May 23 01:17:55 <PaulS_laptop> *bomb
May 23 01:18:29 <Echo> "What, like set a bomb off?"
May 23 01:18:34 <Maddy> "If that's what you think is best, I can stay here with her."
May 23 01:18:43 <PaulS_laptop> "no, I've done that. Rig up a detonator"
May 23 01:18:53 <PaulS_laptop> "I had absolutely no idea if it'd work."
May 23 01:19:02 <Echo> "… DUDE. *FUCK* *OFF*."
May 23 01:19:07 <PaulS_laptop> "We can probably put her on the flatbed"
May 23 01:19:30 <PaulS_laptop> "Seriously. I figured it would, but I had fuckall idea"
May 23 01:20:01 <Echo> Mitchell waves him off. "No need to cause her any more pain. Her let's busted."
May 23 01:21:02 <WalrusKing> Chirrik walks over to see what you're talking about.
May 23 01:22:00 <WalrusKing> /walks/
May 23 01:22:21 <Maddy> [What.] Haeata kinda just watches.
May 23 01:23:45 <Echo> "Somebody set her down. If she's in shock an' not feelin' shit, that's gonna shred her fuckin' leg."
May 23 01:25:37 <Maddy> "Chirrik…" Hikaru tries to get her to sit. "Just wait, John will come and fix it, remember before?" she motions to Chirrik\s chest and then mimes a little explosion.
May 23 01:26:35 <WalrusKing> Chirrik seems confused. She seems to start some sort of self check, and notices the problem fairly quickly. She exclaims something you suspect is a swear, and then tries to set the leg straighter.
May 23 01:26:55 <Echo> "*No."
May 23 01:27:13 <MonkeyBomb> "Who's got the keys?"
May 23 01:27:33 <Echo> "They're in the glovebox."
May 23 01:27:59 <MonkeyBomb> "Anyone coming with?"
May 23 01:28:02 <Maddy> "Chirrik, I'm going to pick you up if you dont stop." she makes a mime liek she's gonna grab her.
May 23 01:29:09 <MonkeyBomb> Brock's not sure taking the truck by himself is a good idea. Buddy system and whatnot.
May 23 01:29:12 <Echo> "Yeah, somebody ride off with Brock. Nobody goes alone."
May 23 01:29:21 <MonkeyBomb> Exactly.
May 23 01:29:53 <PaulS_laptop> "I'll take it"
May 23 01:29:53 <Maddy> "If Hikaru has Chirrik covered, Ill go. I'm very tired." Says haeata
May 23 01:30:19 <MonkeyBomb> Brock highly doubts Haeata could fire a gun if shit went down, but he doesn't say anything.
May 23 01:30:33 <Echo> "Yeah, we get 'er."
May 23 01:30:48 <MonkeyBomb> Brock and Ace head down to the truck.
May 23 01:31:03 <WalrusKing> Chirrik seems to be zoning out.
May 23 01:31:26 <WalrusKing> She half mumbles something.
May 23 01:31:29 <Maddy> She's got a 4 to seeing shit, so at bet she's a good lookout. She goes with.
May 23 01:31:47 <Maddy> Hikaru tries to coax her into sitting the fuck down.
May 23 01:31:49 <Echo> Mitchell whistles loudly in Chirrik's direction, then reaches up, holding an eyelid open.
May 23 01:31:52 <Echo> "Stay awake."
May 23 01:34:07 * Gara (elttil.oot.leef.hcum|oot.kniht#elttil.oot.leef.hcum|oot.kniht) has joined #afteractionmission
May 23 01:35:00 <Maddy> Hikaru sits wth her. "It's ok, you're gonna be fine." she smiles. "Just got to stay awake till John gets here." she looks at the shoulder wound. "Shit this looks bad."
May 23 01:35:10 <WalrusKing> Chirrik mumbles something, and sits down.
May 23 01:36:29 <Echo> "What's that wound on her shoulder look like?"
May 23 01:36:51 <Maddy> "The feathers are just coming out."
May 23 01:36:52 <Echo> Mitchell takes a few steps closer, leaning over Chirrik now to inspect it.
May 23 01:37:10 <Echo> "Yeesh. Maybe John can fix that, too."
May 23 01:37:13 <Gara> John is in flux until I am told he isn't.
May 23 01:37:38 <PaulS_laptop> Acid flux?
May 23 01:37:39 <Echo> You're good. Pop on in. They're all on the top floor with a busted birdlady.
May 23 01:38:01 <Gara> John makes his way up the stairs, remembering the layout of the building.
May 23 01:38:09 <WalrusKing> Echo: looks like a cold burn if you've ever seen one
May 23 01:38:35 <Echo> Mitchell's actually seen this before!
May 23 01:38:51 <Echo> "Looks like… shit, like somebody sprayed liquid nitrogen on 'er."
May 23 01:39:16 <Maddy> "That can't possibly be good…also, whatever we did, I think we killed something large."
May 23 01:39:34 <Gara> John makes his way in the room. "Damage report."
May 23 01:39:56 <Gara> He looks like he was ripped out of bed. Or office chair, given.
May 23 01:39:58 <Maddy> "Broken leg and a cold burn. I think Shock is setting in."
May 23 01:40:22 <Gara> "Alright. I'll start with the leg."
May 23 01:40:54 <Echo> "Yeah, she was doin' an all right job'a walkin' on it. That's usually a pretty good indication."
May 23 01:41:02 * PaulS_laptop has quit (Quit: Leaving)
May 23 01:41:09 <Gara> He kneels by her, and checks it out. What kind of break am I looking at here?
May 23 01:41:42 <Echo> Simple, probably. No blood was mentioned.
May 23 01:42:52 <WalrusKing> ^
May 23 01:43:11 <WalrusKing> More than one fracture on the same leg though.
May 23 01:44:54 <Echo> Mitchell leaves John to work on Chirrik, heading over to talk to Hiruko. "Yeah, I got the same feelin'. On the "killed somethin' large" thing."
May 23 01:44:54 <Gara> His hands glow a bit, and he hovers his hands above her leg, light radiating into it. The bone mends. I spend AP.
May 23 01:45:44 <Maddy> "You saw it too?"
May 23 01:45:45 <WalrusKing> Chirrik wiggles her foot helpfully after it looks like he might be done.
May 23 01:46:03 <Echo> "Yeah, down underneath the sand."
May 23 01:46:30 <Echo> Mitchell glances over at Chirrik and gives her a thumbs up. "Toes work?"
May 23 01:46:57 <Gara> He takes a look at the cold burn.
May 23 01:47:10 <WalrusKing> Chirrik flashes him a somewhat discomforting smile and a thumbs up. Might take a while to get used to all those teeth.
May 23 01:47:33 <Maddy> She and Renee can start a club.
May 23 01:49:05 <Gara> And then he works at the burn tissue, reviving it. With Magic.
May 23 01:49:35 <Gara> He hums as he works.
May 23 01:49:54 <WalrusKing> Gara: looks doable. Nothing to be done for the feathers though. That shit's already falling out.
May 23 01:50:23 <Gara> "I can't help the feathers."
May 23 01:51:05 <Maddy> "That's a shame, but as long as she'll live."
May 23 01:51:22 <Maddy> "The only thing now is to learn to communicate."
May 23 01:51:49 <Gara> "Yeah. So… uh. What the hell happened?"
May 23 01:52:19 <Maddy> "We went to her home land with Deni to blow up the thing that made the doors bad."
May 23 01:52:28 <WalrusKing> Chirrik gives John a thumbs up.
May 23 01:52:46 <Maddy> "She was working on plan B incase we failed, which was evidently very very dangerous."
May 23 01:52:55 <Echo> "I think we saved a world."
May 23 01:53:29 <Maddy> "Well, assuming there are enough people left there to rebuild. Everyone we met were basically zombies."
May 23 01:54:44 <Maddy> "The point is, whatever that tower was housing in whatever world we saw, is dead now. Mitchell and I saw it when it died…"
May 23 01:54:51 <Maddy> "It was a little painful."
May 23 01:55:58 * jedifan_ (~PI.BC557B54.5EC671D1.99CE3072|alliztahc#PI.BC557B54.5EC671D1.99CE3072|alliztahc) has joined #afteractionmission
May 23 01:56:30 <Gara> "Ah. Okay."
May 23 01:56:33 <Gara> "Well, uh."
May 23 01:56:38 <Gara> "That's… a good thing."
May 23 01:57:09 <Maddy> She nods., standing up and offering her hand to Chirrik. "Let's go home, you could probably use a nap."
May 23 01:58:10 <WalrusKing> Chirrik follows for, nearly in tears again, seemingly liberated from some immeasurable weight.