Unwanted Attention

Oct 07 20:17:29 <E4D> 4df+6 Perception: Gunshots are loud as hell on a quiet night.
Oct 07 20:17:30 <Glacon> E4D: Perception: Gunshots are loud as hell on a quiet night.: 3 (4df+6=-, -, -, 0)
Oct 07 20:17:33 <Ragazzo> "I took it to far, to be fair."
Oct 07 20:17:38 <Ragazzo> It's nightime?
Oct 07 20:17:42 <Tom90deg> "Not knife far."
Oct 07 20:17:50 <Tom90deg> "Just…don't antoginze him."
Oct 07 20:17:50 <Salmander> 4df+4 …stealth?
Oct 07 20:17:50 <Glacon> Salmander: …stealth?: 3 (4df+4=0, -, 0, 0)
Oct 07 20:17:56 <Maddy> Alice is facepalming. "I'd say on f-fire is knife far."
Oct 07 20:18:53 <Ragazzo> "A concussion isn't something a guy can exactly laugh off either."
Oct 07 20:18:53 <E4D> There's a flurry of radio chatter that squeals over the radio, frantic questions about shots fired and possible TIC.
Oct 07 20:19:13 <Dexanote> Shank stands.
Oct 07 20:19:20 <Dexanote> prepare yor anus
Oct 07 20:19:26 <Tom90deg> «Any word on what that was?»
Oct 07 20:19:27 <Maddy> "Way to go, suit." Says Bou.
Oct 07 20:19:46 <Maddy> She then flees into the woods.
Oct 07 20:20:16 <E4D> Jason hauls ass to the ICV.
Oct 07 20:20:28 <Dexanote> Shank darts after Jason.
Oct 07 20:20:39 <Ragazzo> Dusty glances at Zoe.
Oct 07 20:20:47 <Ragazzo> "I think it's time to turn off the radios again."
Oct 07 20:20:58 <Tom90deg> "Right…"
Oct 07 20:21:12 <Salmander> Redd sighs and gets into the stryker, collapsing.
Oct 07 20:21:12 <E4D> The radio traffic continues. «-gative, negative, no shots fired. Ochre-1, clear.»
Oct 07 20:21:13 <Tom90deg> "You know when I fought Bou, she didn't pull a knife…"
Oct 07 20:21:18 <E4D> «2 clear.»
Oct 07 20:21:29 <E4D> «3, no shots fired.»
Oct 07 20:21:35 <Maddy> "Y-you didn't try to s-set her on fire."
Oct 07 20:21:45 <Ragazzo> "I wasn't trying myself."
Oct 07 20:21:49 <E4D> «Maroon-1, no contact.»
Oct 07 20:21:58 <Tom90deg> "Oh come on, a little headbutt…that probaly hurt Dusty more than Jason."
Oct 07 20:21:58 <Ragazzo> "It just happens with me. I'm sorry." Dusty flatfaces.
Oct 07 20:22:19 <E4D> «Maroon-2, possible shots fired southwest. Maybe a single round, copy, Gold?»
Oct 07 20:22:39 <Ragazzo> "…great…let's get inside the vehicles, I think…"
Oct 07 20:22:53 <E4D> «Gold copies, Maroon-2, stand by.»
Oct 07 20:23:07 <Tom90deg> Zoe picks up her knife and sword, strapping them on and heading towards the vheicles
Oct 07 20:23:24 <Tom90deg> "I am going to kick Redd's ass…."
Oct 07 20:23:29 * Dexanote (~ten.elbacogc.emoh.8DF857A-CRInys|alliztahc#ten.elbacogc.emoh.8DF857A-CRInys|alliztahc) has left #afteraction
Oct 07 20:23:49 <E4D> «Maroon-3, Azure-2, proceed to Maroon-2's pos, and stand, over.»
Oct 07 20:23:58 <E4D> «Azure-2, solid, out.»
Oct 07 20:24:02 <Ragazzo> Dusty follows Zoe.
Oct 07 20:24:02 <Maddy> "What if I ran up the road and yelled in a funny voice that I just killed a dear?"
Oct 07 20:24:07 <E4D> «Maroon-3 copies, out.»
Oct 07 20:24:08 <Maddy> Bou stop sneaking around!
Oct 07 20:24:22 <Ragazzo> "I think that'd be bad idea, boy."
Oct 07 20:24:37 <Maddy> "Then I could run through the woods and make noise. Maybe the bush would eat them."
Oct 07 20:24:37 <Tom90deg> "nooo, don't do that. Come on Bou, get in the stryker, this may be bad."
Oct 07 20:24:59 * Dexanote (~ten.elbacogc.emoh.8DF857A-CRInys|alliztahc#ten.elbacogc.emoh.8DF857A-CRInys|alliztahc) has joined #afteraction
Oct 07 20:24:59 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Dexanote
Oct 07 20:25:05 * Light has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Oct 07 20:25:09 <Maddy> "Bah!" she scurries up a tree.
Oct 07 20:25:14 <E4D> «Gold Actual, Maroon-2 Actual, requesting immediate ICV support, FLIR-equipped, copy?»
Oct 07 20:25:20 <E4D> 1d2
Oct 07 20:25:21 <Glacon> E4D: 2 (1d2=2)
Oct 07 20:26:00 <E4D> «Maroon-2 Actual, Gold Actual, be advised, that is a negative on your request for armored support, break.»
Oct 07 20:26:22 <E4D> «Armored assets are on standby for cordon support, copy?»
Oct 07 20:26:35 <E4D> «Maroon-2-Actual copies. Out.»
Oct 07 20:27:15 <E4D> The radios go silent.
Oct 07 20:27:29 <Maddy> "W-what's going on?"
Oct 07 20:27:39 <Tom90deg> "Don't know…I think we were overheard."
Oct 07 20:28:00 <MisterFlames> "They heard the gunshot, and looks like they'll investigate."
Oct 07 20:28:08 <Tom90deg> "We need to move then, right?"
Oct 07 20:28:17 <Maddy> "Well I know that m-much…"
Oct 07 20:28:20 <MisterFlames> Midnight considers what to do. "Maybe. Jason?"
Oct 07 20:30:21 <E4D> "Patrol apparently heard Lord Retard's shot. They got two other patrols inbound to their location."
Oct 07 20:30:33 <Dexanote> "Glory."
Oct 07 20:30:46 <Tom90deg> "Pack up then and roll out?"
Oct 07 20:30:58 * Laito (~moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.5D68B3DB-CRInys|sirhc#moc.retrahc.om.slts.pchd.5D68B3DB-CRInys|sirhc) has joined #afteraction
Oct 07 20:34:25 <E4D> "Negative."
Oct 07 20:34:56 <E4D> "We start these vehicles up, and if any of those troops have IR capability, it's gonna look like a fuckin' flare went off."
Oct 07 20:35:17 <Maddy> "Should we put out the fire then?"
Oct 07 20:35:19 <Tom90deg> "So what do we do? toss leaves over them and just hope they pass us by?"
Oct 07 20:35:27 <E4D> "Just… move your tents up close to the vehicles, and stay in those."
Oct 07 20:35:36 <Ragazzo> "Then…?" Dusty rubs his forehead. Jesus. Jason is hardheaded as fuck.
Oct 07 20:35:41 <Ragazzo> "Oh."
Oct 07 20:35:41 <E4D> Or at least behind them relative to the clearing.
Oct 07 20:36:03 <Tom90deg> Zoe moves out, and starts to put out the fire, pouring dirt over the fire.
Oct 07 20:36:22 <Ragazzo> Dusty stumbles out after her.
Oct 07 20:36:28 <Ragazzo> He starts moving tents.
Oct 07 20:37:14 <Tom90deg> Once it's out, Zoe starts to help, moving them behind the vehicles
Oct 07 20:38:32 <Tom90deg> "We may be in trouble here Dusty…"
Oct 07 20:38:44 <Ragazzo> "Yeah. Ugh…"
Oct 07 20:40:18 <E4D> "We got some rain tarps in the side bins on the ICV. Grab one for each of the tents. Toss 'em over. Those things'll block body heat better than the thin-ass tents."
Oct 07 20:40:45 <Ragazzo> Dusty starts doing that.
Oct 07 20:40:52 <Tom90deg> Zoe helps.
Oct 07 20:40:57 <E4D> It should be noted, again, that they're just inside of a treeline, with a clearing opening out past it, the road a mile or so off.
Oct 07 20:41:01 <Maddy> Alice helps too.
Oct 07 20:42:28 <E4D> "Redd? Where the fuck is Redd?"
Oct 07 20:42:53 <MisterFlames> "I can go out and look to see what's happening. I'm a cat, I won't have the same IR signature."
Oct 07 20:43:00 <Salmander> Redd has stomped off in a huff
Oct 07 20:44:01 <Tom90deg> "That's a good idea…might be risky if they're detecting magic as well."
Oct 07 20:44:30 <MisterFlames> "Who said I'd be casting? I'm just a cat unless I talk."
Oct 07 20:44:53 <Tom90deg> "Still…Be careful, don't want you to get hurt."
Oct 07 20:46:26 <Maddy> "I can sneak!"
Oct 07 20:46:40 <Maddy> Bou hands upside-down from her tree.
Oct 07 20:46:56 <Tom90deg> "That might be good too, i'll bet they won't pick up Bou…What do you think Jason? Midnight and Bou scouting?"
Oct 07 20:47:04 <E4D> "Go for it."
Oct 07 20:47:13 <Maddy> "Got no heat signature.
Oct 07 20:47:18 <E4D> "Would send Redd's stupid ass out if I knew where the fucker was."
Oct 07 20:47:23 <Tom90deg> "You two be careful though…Midnight, watch out for Bou, and watch out for yourself."
Oct 07 20:47:57 <Maddy> She drops from the tree, landing on her hands. "Onwards!" she points with a foot.
Oct 07 20:48:12 <MisterFlames> "Can do."
Oct 07 20:48:27 <Salmander> "No, you're about as sneaky as a pair fo cocnuts, I'll go." Redd comes out from behind a tree.
Oct 07 20:48:51 <MisterFlames> Midnight darts into the woods, moving quickly. The advantage of being a small woodland creature!
Oct 07 20:49:03 <Maddy> "I'm a plant. Theyre not lookin' for plants." Bou follows!
Oct 07 20:49:08 <E4D> Midnight's going the wrong way!
Oct 07 20:49:29 <E4D> And anyone sneaking out needs to head over to #afteractionmission
Oct 07 20:49:51 <Salmander> Redd holsters his magnum and walks off towards the road, taking cover behind some shrubbery.
Oct 07 20:50:12 * Ragazzo (ten.llebcap.ac2tks.lsd.EEA1F7A9-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.llebcap.ac2tks.lsd.EEA1F7A9-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
Oct 07 20:50:13 <MisterFlames> Sneaky Kitty is Sneaky. Midnight keeps to the trees for the most part.
Oct 07 20:50:38 <MisterFlames> Best to just act like a cat, and listen for things, she figures.
Oct 07 20:50:50 <E4D> If she keeps to the trees, they're never make it to where the troops stationed toward the city are, across the clearing and that burm way out there.
Oct 07 20:51:56 <Salmander> Redd stays by the road, watching for any troops that may come
Oct 07 20:52:40 <E4D> Redd, perception.
Oct 07 20:52:43 <MisterFlames> Midnight alters course appropriately to head out.
Oct 07 20:53:02 <Salmander> 4df+3
Oct 07 20:53:03 <Glacon> Salmander: 3 (4df+3=0, +, 0, -)
Oct 07 20:53:17 <Maddy> Bou is following.
Oct 07 20:54:47 <MisterFlames> Midnight doesn't bother sneaking. Sneaking gets attention. Instead, she acts like a cat, moving around and such.
Oct 07 20:55:53 <E4D> He sees nothing along the road running west-east into Sydney. To his east is a low berm, with the clearing separating it and the wooded area the convoy is hiding in.
Oct 07 20:56:34 <E4D> Trees along the road, that sort of thing.
Oct 07 20:57:33 <Salmander> Redd begins walking towards Sidney, hiding behind trees and then darting to the next one.
Oct 07 20:58:44 <MisterFlames> Midnight heads that way as well, and moves toward the trees along the roadway.
Oct 07 20:58:49 <Maddy> Bou does her best to look llike a bush.
Oct 07 20:58:59 <Maddy> Considering she's moving it's not great.
Oct 07 20:59:05 <E4D> Bou, roll bush-looking-alike.
Oct 07 20:59:23 <Maddy> 4df+4 I have an asspect for this shit.
Oct 07 20:59:24 <Glacon> Maddy: I have an asspect for this shit.: 3 (4df+4=+, -, -, 0)
Oct 07 20:59:50 <E4D> 4df+2 She's surrounded by bushes.
Oct 07 20:59:51 <Glacon> E4D: She's surrounded by bushes.: 4 (4df+2=+, 0, 0, +)
Oct 07 21:00:07 <E4D> She successfully emulates a bush.
Oct 07 21:00:31 <Maddy> Yay!
Oct 07 21:00:38 <E4D> Everyone, perception.
Oct 07 21:00:52 <Salmander> 4df+3 look a road
Oct 07 21:00:53 <Glacon> Salmander: look a road: 5 (4df+3=+, +, +, -)
Oct 07 21:01:03 <MisterFlames> 4df+4 Watching You.
Oct 07 21:01:04 <Glacon> MisterFlames: Watching You.: 7 (4df+4=+, +, +, 0)
Oct 07 21:01:18 <Maddy> 4df+4
Oct 07 21:01:19 <Glacon> Maddy: 3 (4df+4=0, -, -, +)
Oct 07 21:02:46 <E4D> Redd and Midnight both make out the silhouettes of troops in heavy personal armor ahead in the darkness. Midnight can make out coils of razor-wire rolled across the road, stretching about 50 feet off both sides.
Oct 07 21:03:18 <E4D> They appear to be carrying rifles with bulky front ends.
Oct 07 21:03:20 <Salmander> Are they moving towards us?
Oct 07 21:03:53 <E4D> Midnight can further discern a distinctive white and black camouflage pattern.
Oct 07 21:03:56 <E4D> They are not.
Oct 07 21:04:05 <E4D> Some are milling around in front, a few behind the wire.
Oct 07 21:04:15 <E4D> There are 8 that you can count.
Oct 07 21:04:18 <Salmander> "They ain't comin'.
Oct 07 21:04:23 <Salmander> Redd whispers.
Oct 07 21:05:40 <Maddy> "Should we like…mess up their day since we're here?" Bou whispers back.
Oct 07 21:06:00 <E4D> Midnight's a smart cat. She's probably paid attention to Jason speaking about unit sizes before. This looks like a single squad.
Oct 07 21:06:57 <E4D> One of the ones out in front of the concertina wire turns to the other, gesturing at his face. The other passes him something, and a tiny point of light flares for a moment, replaces by a periodic red glow at his face.
Oct 07 21:07:33 <Salmander> "I don't have anythin' to fuck up their day with."
Oct 07 21:07:56 <Maddy> "What if we lure the bush that eats people."
Oct 07 21:08:06 <Maddy> "Then it can eat them.
Oct 07 21:08:11 <Maddy> "nomnomnom
Oct 07 21:08:47 <E4D> They're in the clearing, with only a few scattered trees and bushes. The forest is back thataway, to the west, where the Convoy hides.
Oct 07 21:09:23 <E4D> After a few minutes, another dozen or so troops make their way into view out of the darkness ahead.
Oct 07 21:09:41 <Salmander> "I guess we could lure 'em in another direction."
Oct 07 21:09:45 <E4D> One of them raises something to his face.
Oct 07 21:10:16 <Maddy> "Wish Nightshade were here. She could poison them."
Oct 07 21:10:35 <Salmander> "You know how to fire a gun, Bushy?"
Oct 07 21:11:10 <Maddy> "No but I can throw a rock pretty hard."
Oct 07 21:11:24 <Maddy> "Dang, should have gotten some exploding rocks from John."
Oct 07 21:12:01 <Salmander> "Hmm…"
Oct 07 21:13:08 <Salmander> Are Redd, Bou, etc. on the other side of the CI than the convoy?
Oct 07 21:13:10 <E4D> Moments later, one of them circles his arm, then points out west in the direction of the highway.
Oct 07 21:13:32 <E4D> No, they are between the Convoy and the CI.
Oct 07 21:14:54 <Maddy> "Uh oh."
Oct 07 21:15:01 <Maddy> "Uh uh uh what do we do?"
Oct 07 21:15:17 <E4D> They step off into a staggered column, heading down the road toward the sneaky group. 8 of them remain behind.
Oct 07 21:15:38 <Salmander> Redd sighs. "Bushy, Midnight, get outta here. Mr. Redd's gotta take the fall for this one."
Oct 07 21:16:12 <Maddy> Bou grips a rather nasty looking rock she found.
Oct 07 21:16:21 <Maddy> "Butbutbut"
Oct 07 21:16:54 <Maddy> "They're not going to see us"
Oct 07 21:17:11 <Maddy> "Unless they run into the woods."
Oct 07 21:18:06 <Salmander> "That's where they're goin', Bushy."
Oct 07 21:18:18 <Maddy> "No. They're on the road."
Oct 07 21:18:26 <Maddy> Bou makes a face like O_o
Oct 07 21:19:02 <Salmander> "And the road leads to the forest." (Unless I am reading this map wrong)
Oct 07 21:19:31 <Maddy> You are reading the map wrong.
Oct 07 21:19:54 <Maddy> "You guys parked in the trees. The road is not in the trees."
Oct 07 21:21:23 <Maddy> "It's too dark for them to see. Hell, I'm having trouble seeing."
Oct 07 21:21:26 <MisterFlames> "No, keep quiet, and watch them. Redd, how fast are you? Can you or Bou get back to the Convoy and tell them? No radio."
Oct 07 21:21:36 <Salmander> "Well then let's wait here and if they go towards the trees I'll shoot and distract them."
Oct 07 21:21:47 <Salmander> "Can't you use mind shit to talk, cat?"
Oct 07 21:22:08 <MisterFlames> "I can, but I was planning on keeping quiet. I'll try it, though."
Oct 07 21:23:10 <MisterFlames> ~Jason? We have two squads following the road. I think they are using assault rifles with grenade launchers.~
Oct 07 21:24:23 <MisterFlames> ~They've got body armor, with white and black coloration. Probably supposed to be night camo.~
Oct 07 21:25:20 <E4D> ~ c i c o l o r s c h e m e ~
Oct 07 21:26:34 * Soulless (~ude.olaffub.sseleriw.84E5E61F-CRInys|alliztahc#ude.olaffub.sseleriw.84E5E61F-CRInys|alliztahc) has joined #afteractionmission
Oct 07 21:26:46 <E4D> They continues along the road, getting closer. Maybe 500 meters away.
Oct 07 21:26:59 <E4D> Rifle range.
Oct 07 21:28:59 <Maddy> Bou creeps, creep creep.
Oct 07 21:29:41 <Salmander> Redd remains behind a tree a little distance from the road
Oct 07 21:30:04 <MisterFlames> Midnight climbs a bit to get some height. Cats and trees, whatchagonnado?
Oct 07 21:30:29 <E4D> They reach your position.
Oct 07 21:30:44 <E4D> 4df+2 Troops are bored, complacent.
Oct 07 21:30:44 <Glacon> E4D: Troops are bored, complacent.: 4 (4df+2=0, +, +, 0)
Oct 07 21:30:59 <E4D> Stealth check, Midnight.
Oct 07 21:32:28 <MisterFlames> 4df+2 I am a cat. Meow.
Oct 07 21:32:28 <Glacon> MisterFlames: I am a cat. Meow.: 1 (4df+2=0, 0, -, 0)
Oct 07 21:32:57 <E4D> The branches rustle as Midnight climbs.
Oct 07 21:33:26 <E4D> One of the troops swings his rifle up, aiming at the tree, a mounted taclight illuminating her clearly.
Oct 07 21:33:52 <MisterFlames> Midnight turns to the light, gold eyes glittering. Cat.
Oct 07 21:34:03 <Maddy> Bou stays really still, thinking to herself. ~meowmeowmeowmeow~
Oct 07 21:34:25 <Salmander> Redd waits and watches
Oct 07 21:35:15 <E4D> The soldier advances toward the tree, rifle still pointed at her, stopping a few yards away.
Oct 07 21:35:43 <E4D> "Awww, c'mere cat. *Come* *ere*."
Oct 07 21:35:55 <E4D> He makes an attempt at a meow sound.
Oct 07 21:36:14 <E4D> He turns. "Hey, guys! I found a fuckin' cat!"
Oct 07 21:36:37 <MisterFlames> Midnight watches the soldier in that slightly unnerving way cats have. She hops down to the ground and walks toward the soldier.
Oct 07 21:37:29 <E4D> One on the road calls out, "Leave the goddamn thing alone, you fuckin' retard. That other one looked normal, too."
Oct 07 21:38:15 <E4D> The soldier glances back, then looks down at Midnight. He mumbles, "Asshole."
Oct 07 21:38:48 <MisterFlames> Midnight mews softly, her tail up and looking curious.
Oct 07 21:39:13 <E4D> He reaches his hand out.
Oct 07 21:40:11 <MisterFlames> Midnight moves just a bit closer, sniffing curiously.
Oct 07 21:40:37 <E4D> "Come on, not gonna hurt ya." He looks back. "See! It's a normal cat, ya asshole!"
Oct 07 21:44:14 <MisterFlames> Midnight moves up to the soldier, and gives a curious blert, one of greeting.
Oct 07 21:44:37 <MisterFlames> She rubs against the shoulder's leg, and starts purring softly.
Oct 07 21:45:15 <E4D> He pats Midnight gently, then stands, turning back to the patrol. "See? Just a cat."
Oct 07 21:46:08 <MisterFlames> Midnight tentatively follows a few steps, then pauses to lick her paw. She then starts washing her face.
Oct 07 21:47:30 <E4D> He steps off, heading back toward the group of CI troops, looking around as he approaches. "You know… It was just one shot. Maybe they had an ND. I wouldn't stick around. Maybe they cut up and left."
Oct 07 21:48:04 <Maddy> Bou is still staring.
Oct 07 21:48:27 <E4D> His obvious superior stares at him for a moment, then turns to survey the scene himself. "Fuck it. Those assholes tore through the groups they hit. I ain't keen on dyin' tonight."
Oct 07 21:48:47 <E4D> He brings his rifle up, turning slowly as he looks through the scope.
Oct 07 21:48:57 <E4D> He lowers it after a few moments.
Oct 07 21:49:25 <E4D> "Fuck it. *We* ain't runnin' into that shit tonight. Bring it back."
Oct 07 21:49:31 <Maddy> Bou is ready to throw a rock at a moments notice. This is nothing new however. She really likes throwing rocks.
Oct 07 21:50:07 <E4D> A few of the troops nods as they turn, the formation wheeling in on itself and facing the other direction. The patrol starts off back toward the checkpoint.
Oct 07 21:53:48 <Salmander> Redd stays still, waiting for them to get as far as they were when they were first spotted.
Oct 07 21:54:48 <E4D> The trundle off back into the dark, vanishing from sight.
Oct 07 21:55:27 <Salmander> Redd watche sthe dark for a while, then slowly slinks away and back to the convoy.
Oct 07 21:56:25 <Maddy> Bou goes too!
Oct 07 21:58:38 <MisterFlames> ~Patrol is returning to their checkpoint, Jason,~ Midnight sends.
Oct 07 22:00:57 <E4D> ~ g o t i t ~