Vancouver Overrun

Apr 23 00:47:05 <Maddy> Claudia heads towards the city, not far behind Jake.
Apr 23 00:47:21 * Ragazzo (ten.llebcap.ac2tks.lsd.BA7F1C32-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.llebcap.ac2tks.lsd.BA7F1C32-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
Apr 23 00:47:29 <Geothermal> Jake is keeping an eye out, his paranoia starting to kick into high gear.
Apr 23 00:47:56 <Ragazzo> Colmes trots into AAM with everyone, peering about thoughtfully.
Apr 23 00:48:03 <TroyL> The city looms in the distance, loking cold and wet and empty.
Apr 23 00:48:22 <Tom90deg> Zoe follows, opening and closeing her jaw
Apr 23 00:48:37 <Ragazzo> "Hrm…I think I'll go ahead a bit, and make sure it's all good…what do you think Jake, Clauda?"
Apr 23 00:48:51 <Maddy> "Do you have a weapon?"
Apr 23 00:49:06 * Nusquam (ten.tenreitnorf.ai.ddtf.20rd.D49AC7CC-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.tenreitnorf.ai.ddtf.20rd.D49AC7CC-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
Apr 23 00:49:06 * ChanServ sets mode +a #afteractionmission Nusquam
Apr 23 00:49:06 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Nusquam
Apr 23 00:49:31 <Ragazzo> "Not as such, no, but I'd hate to send jake and leave us relatively undefended."
Apr 23 00:49:46 <Tom90deg> "I'm quieter than you Colmes."
Apr 23 00:49:57 <Geothermal> Jake looks around, his paranoia clouding his mind. "I wouldn't reccomend it, personally."
Apr 23 00:50:22 <Maddy> "Sneaking in unarmed is as ill thought out as stomping in with a cannon."
Apr 23 00:50:28 <Ragazzo> Colmes is walking along at a brisk pace towards the city. "I am sure you are…but the prevailing opinion seems to be sticking together…let's adhere to it."
Apr 23 00:50:54 * Echo has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Apr 23 00:50:54 * Notify: Echo is offline (SCP and Related Channels).
Apr 23 00:50:58 <Tom90deg> "Fine with me."
Apr 23 00:51:06 <Ragazzo> He's staring about the city, but is marginalyl bewildered, as he always is by urban areas, and the technology within them.
Apr 23 00:51:27 <Tom90deg> Zoe's also stareing at the city, looking for any signs of life.
Apr 23 00:51:32 <Geothermal> Jake nods. He's between Claudia and Colmes. "Hey Claudia, keep an eye out behind us, please?"
Apr 23 00:51:43 <TroyL> Perception all
Apr 23 00:51:43 <Maddy> "Ja." She does so.
Apr 23 00:51:46 <Maddy> 4df+3
Apr 23 00:51:47 <CROM> Maddy: 2 (4df+3=-, 0, +, -)
Apr 23 00:51:47 <Tom90deg> 4df+2
Apr 23 00:51:47 <CROM> Tom90deg: 2 (4df+2=+, 0, -, 0)
Apr 23 00:51:51 <Geothermal> 4df+3
Apr 23 00:51:52 <CROM> Geothermal: 4 (4df+3=-, +, +, 0)
Apr 23 00:51:52 <TroyL> Claudia:
Apr 23 00:51:55 <TroyL> +1
Apr 23 00:52:05 <Ragazzo> 4df+8 Hrmhrm. Perceptive pugilist
Apr 23 00:52:05 <CROM> Ragazzo: Hrmhrm. Perceptive pugilist: 10 (4df+8=+, 0, 0, +)
Apr 23 00:52:06 <Maddy> Yay!
Apr 23 00:52:15 * Echo (PI.B08D965B.1516CFF9.0A7181B1|tibbiM#PI.B08D965B.1516CFF9.0A7181B1|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
Apr 23 00:52:16 <TroyL> 4df+3 Bwahahhaaaa
Apr 23 00:52:17 <CROM> TroyL: Bwahahhaaaa: 2 (4df+3=+, 0, -, -)
Apr 23 00:52:23 * ChanServ sets mode +q #afteractionmission Echo
Apr 23 00:52:23 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Echo
Apr 23 00:52:34 <TroyL> Claudia: Something is in the trees behind you… Something… pale.
Apr 23 00:53:37 <Maddy> "We may have company." she raises her ocarina to her lips.
Apr 23 00:54:02 <Ragazzo> Colmes raises a brow, glancing back. Does he see the pale something?
Apr 23 00:54:06 <TroyL> Pause.
Apr 23 00:54:11 <Geothermal> Jake turns around, raising his rifle to his shoulder. "Where?"
Apr 23 00:54:25 <Tom90deg> 4df+5 Zoe tries to get low to the ground and out of sight.
Apr 23 00:54:25 <CROM> Tom90deg: Zoe tries to get low to the ground and out of sight.: 6 (4df+5=+, +, -, 0)
Apr 23 00:54:30 <TroyL> Ahem.
Apr 23 00:54:34 <TroyL> Pause.
Apr 23 00:55:05 <TroyL> It's in front of you, Claudia. Now. Suddenly. There like a whisper, it's breath reeking of ink and shit flowing out from its mouth and over your face for a moment.
Apr 23 00:55:37 <TroyL> 4df+3 The blade is pale and without sniew, like the others. Perfectly bone. It cuts forward.
Apr 23 00:55:37 <CROM> TroyL: The blade is pale and without sniew, like the others. Perfectly bone. It cuts forward.: 2 (4df+3=0, -, -, +)
Apr 23 00:56:52 <TroyL> Unpause.
Apr 23 00:57:19 <Maddy> 4df+2 Welp
Apr 23 00:57:20 <CROM> Maddy: Welp: 0 (4df+2=+, -, -, -)
Apr 23 00:58:11 <TroyL> It drags the knife up and accross your abdomen, grinning wildly as it cuts through cloth and skin. -1 Body.
Apr 23 00:58:56 <Ragazzo> 4df+2 Colmes sees this, and his hands snap forward, for the pale creature's neck. Snap?
Apr 23 00:58:56 <CROM> Ragazzo: Colmes sees this, and his hands snap forward, for the pale creature's neck. Snap?: 4 (4df+2=+, 0, 0, +)
Apr 23 00:59:19 <TroyL> 4df+2 Oh no! Detective Colmes!
Apr 23 00:59:19 <CROM> TroyL: Oh no! Detective Colmes!: 1 (4df+2=+, -, -, 0)
Apr 23 00:59:47 <Maddy> She grits her teeth, and stumbles back a little. [Gah! Fuck!]
Apr 23 01:00:36 <TroyL> 4df+2 Uh oh
Apr 23 01:00:37 <CROM> TroyL: Uh oh: 4 (4df+2=+, -, +, +)
Apr 23 01:00:50 <Ragazzo> 4df+2 Hrm Round two?
Apr 23 01:00:50 <CROM> Ragazzo: Hrm Round two?: 3 (4df+2=+, 0, -, +)
Apr 23 01:03:21 <TroyL> Colmes: You feel bones snap under the might of your powerful hands! The creature's eyes bulge out some, but… He's still alive!
Apr 23 01:03:31 <TroyL> Jake
Apr 23 01:03:36 <Geothermal> "Claudia!" he shouts
Apr 23 01:03:39 <Ragazzo> "Jake! Five Rounds Rapid."
Apr 23 01:03:56 <Ragazzo> Colmes goes to support claudia, eying her wound, and propping her up with a shoulder.
Apr 23 01:03:57 <Geothermal> He pulls his combat knife. "Fuck that!" He bumrushes the thing
Apr 23 01:04:19 <Geothermal> 4df+5 Tagging Honor Before Reason "I'm gonna bury my knife in his FUCKING EYE!"
Apr 23 01:04:19 <CROM> Geothermal: Tagging Honor Before Reason "I'm gonna bury my knife in his FUCKING EYE!": 6 (4df+5=-, 0, +, +)
Apr 23 01:04:57 <TroyL> 4df+2 uh oh I'm gonna die
Apr 23 01:04:57 <CROM> TroyL: uh oh I'm gonna die: 2 (4df+2=0, 0, +, -)
Apr 23 01:05:29 <Ragazzo> "We need to get back. Now."
Apr 23 01:06:46 <Tom90deg> "No kidding. Time to run." «Troy, We've got Daevites. We're running back now.»
Apr 23 01:06:46 <Maddy> Claudia's shirt is torn and soaked with blood. [Awww shit, this was my favourite shirt.] She sounds mildly anoyed.
Apr 23 01:07:05 <TroyL> The knife plunges into its face. It twitches once… twice… then it's dead.
Apr 23 01:07:26 <TroyL> «Shit! Back here! Now! We're packing up the camp!»
Apr 23 01:08:57 <TroyL> Perception.
Apr 23 01:08:57 <Ragazzo> [I apologize, Claudia. I believe we need to make haste. May I carry you back?]
Apr 23 01:08:57 <Tom90deg> 4df+2
Apr 23 01:08:57 <CROM> Tom90deg: 2 (4df+2=-, +, 0, 0)
Apr 23 01:08:57 <Ragazzo> 4df+8 Perceptive again, colmes doesn't, scooping up claudia, eyes wide, and whizzing about
Apr 23 01:08:57 <CROM> Ragazzo: Perceptive again, colmes doesn't, scooping up claudia, eyes wide, and whizzing about: 7 (4df+8=0, +, -, -)
Apr 23 01:08:57 <Ragazzo> *doesn't wait
Apr 23 01:08:57 <Geothermal> Jake pulls the knife back out and wipes the blood off on the thing
Apr 23 01:08:57 <Geothermal> 4df+3
Apr 23 01:08:57 * Light— (~ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.5300FD19-CRInys|thgiL#ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.5300FD19-CRInys|thgiL) has joined #afteractionmission
Apr 23 01:08:57 <CROM> Geothermal: 4 (4df+3=0, +, +, -)
Apr 23 01:09:33 <TroyL> Colmes. There are two Daevites between you and the camp. They don't look like anything you've ever seen before. They look… taller. Bigger. Colder.
Apr 23 01:10:09 <Ragazzo> "There's two of them…"
Apr 23 01:10:19 * Light has quit (NickServ (GHOST command used by Light))
Apr 23 01:10:24 * Light
is now known as Light
Apr 23 01:10:39 <Maddy> "I can take care of only one. Jake should take the other, he's armoured."
Apr 23 01:10:41 <Tom90deg> "How close together are they?"
Apr 23 01:10:41 <TroyL> One turns to Zoe, eyes narrowed, then points.
Apr 23 01:10:43 <TroyL> 4df+4 MDef for Zoe.
Apr 23 01:10:44 <CROM> TroyL: MDef for Zoe.: 4 (4df+4=+, -, +, -)
Apr 23 01:10:53 <Geothermal> "Two what?" Jake asks.
Apr 23 01:11:04 <Tom90deg> 4df+2
Apr 23 01:11:04 <CROM> Tom90deg: 4 (4df+2=+, +, +, -)
Apr 23 01:11:23 <Ragazzo> Colmes digs in his heels. "Up there between us and ccamp. They look…tougher. Let's just try and blow through them."
Apr 23 01:11:25 <TroyL> Zoe: For a moment, you feel like something is trying to pull you. Jerk you. Tug at you.
Apr 23 01:11:53 <TroyL> You can instantly tell where it was coming from and what it is… It felt like a teleportation attempt.
Apr 23 01:11:56 <Ragazzo> "Zoe, can you take claudia past them while Jake and I distract?"
Apr 23 01:12:37 <Tom90deg> Zoe nods. "It tried to telpeort me! Be careful, they can bring you close!"
Apr 23 01:13:01 <Ragazzo> Colmes sets down Claudia. Nods at Zoe.
Apr 23 01:13:17 <Ragazzo> "You two get back, and bring the others to help us?"
Apr 23 01:13:42 <Tom90deg> Zoe wraps an arm around claudia. "Keep your ams and legs inside the ride."
Apr 23 01:13:54 <Geothermal> "Be careful you guys."
Apr 23 01:13:58 <Tom90deg> "Send Troy a message, we'll be back soon!"
Apr 23 01:14:29 <Maddy> "Unhand me, I can hold one of them!"
Apr 23 01:14:41 <TroyL> The other one points at Jake.
Apr 23 01:14:44 <Ragazzo> "You are injured…"
Apr 23 01:14:50 <TroyL> 4df+4 MDef, yo.
Apr 23 01:14:51 <CROM> TroyL: MDef, yo.: 5 (4df+4=0, +, 0, 0)
Apr 23 01:14:52 <Geothermal> "Oh shit."
Apr 23 01:14:55 <Geothermal> 3df+1
Apr 23 01:14:55 <CROM> Geothermal: 3 (3df+1=+, 0, +)
Apr 23 01:14:58 <Geothermal> Er
Apr 23 01:15:01 <Geothermal> 4df+1
Apr 23 01:15:01 <CROM> Geothermal: 2 (4df+1=0, 0, 0, +)
Apr 23 01:15:06 <TroyL> (Ouch.)
Apr 23 01:16:20 <TroyL> Jake: You feel an odd, tugging sensation. It seems to cover your body for a moment, then dip lower, then… about a foot in front of you, you see what looks to be a bunch of blood, hovering in the air. It splashes to the ground, and the sudden feeling of weakness overwhelming you tells you exactly where it came from. -1 Body
Apr 23 01:16:47 <Geothermal> Jake drops to a knee, exhausted.
Apr 23 01:16:54 <Maddy> 4df+4 She starts to play, targetting the one pointing at Jake.
Apr 23 01:16:54 <CROM> Maddy: She starts to play, targetting the one pointing at Jake.: 2 (4df+4=-, -, +, -)
Apr 23 01:16:58 <Maddy> >:|
Apr 23 01:17:09 <Maddy> Tapping song to save the world for a re-roll?
Apr 23 01:17:29 <TroyL> Yeah. You do that.
Apr 23 01:18:02 <Maddy> 4df+4 Come on crom, be a bro.
Apr 23 01:18:02 <CROM> Maddy: Come on crom, be a bro.: 7 (4df+4=0, +, +, +)
Apr 23 01:18:49 <TroyL> 4df+3 Bwahaha! Their HIGH DEFENSE, EH? ME AND CROM GOT THIS.
Apr 23 01:18:49 <CROM> TroyL: Bwahaha! Their HIGH DEFENSE, EH? ME AND CROM GOT THIS.: 4 (4df+3=+, 0, 0, 0)
Apr 23 01:19:02 <TroyL> Or not! It freezes, it's eyes going wide.
Apr 23 01:19:35 <Geothermal> Hearing the sound, Jake's eyes gloss over, and his muscles all relax.
Apr 23 01:19:46 <Ragazzo> 4df+4 Colmes breaks into a sprint at the daevites, gaining speed, prepping for a bicycle kick at *both* of them.
Apr 23 01:19:46 <CROM> Ragazzo: Colmes breaks into a sprint at the daevites, gaining speed, prepping for a bicycle kick at *both* of them.: 6 (4df+4=+, -, +, +)
Apr 23 01:19:48 <Maddy> Those odd alien yet beautiful tones come from her ocarina, entrancing the beastie.
Apr 23 01:20:38 <Ragazzo> ^That was an ath maneuver
Apr 23 01:22:52 <TroyL> Colmes closes the distance with ease and grace.
Apr 23 01:23:49 <Ragazzo> Another action, or…?
Apr 23 01:23:59 <TroyL> Waiting for Geo.
Apr 23 01:24:10 <Geothermal> Jake's still entranced. No action.
Apr 23 01:24:59 <TroyL> Zoe.
Apr 23 01:27:11 <Geothermal> Jake is still kneeling, slightly leaning to one side. The muzzle of his rifle is pointed at the ground, nearly touching it in his relaxed state.
Apr 23 01:29:27 * Light has quit (Quit: Leaving)
Apr 23 01:31:41 <Tom90deg> 4df+8 (3 ap, instakill attempt) Zoe glances at Claudia, playing her instrument, and bolts towards the non-frozen creature, and jumps towards it.
Apr 23 01:31:41 <CROM> Tom90deg: (3 ap, instakill attempt) Zoe glances at Claudia, playing her instrument, and bolts towards the non-frozen creature, and jumps towards it.: 11 (4df+8=+, 0, +, +)
Apr 23 01:36:18 <TroyL> 4df+3 C'mon epic success
Apr 23 01:36:18 <CROM> TroyL: C'mon epic success: 3 (4df+3=0, -, +, 0)
Apr 23 01:36:23 <TroyL> :(
Apr 23 01:39:27 <Echo> keep going
Apr 23 01:39:38 <Echo> describe, rather
Apr 23 01:39:50 <Tom90deg> 4df+3 (Instakill 2)
Apr 23 01:39:50 <CROM> Tom90deg: (Instakill 2): 2 (4df+3=0, -, -, +)
Apr 23 01:40:54 <Echo> *describe
Apr 23 01:41:31 * Lilah has quit (Quit: Leaving.)
Apr 23 01:43:17 <Tom90deg> Zoe dashes forward, seemingly blinking our of view, and then popping back into place, ther's a slight bluring as the two teleporters fight for placement between the two of them.
Apr 23 01:48:16 <Tom90deg> There's what only can be described as a *sqish* and there's a showe of body parts, revealing zoe standing there in the middle of a circle of body parts and fluids.
Apr 23 01:49:00 <Echo> The other Daevite strains against its captivity. Claudia, roll Magic.
Apr 23 01:49:17 <Maddy> 4df+4
Apr 23 01:49:18 <CROM> Maddy: 3 (4df+4=-, -, 0, +)
Apr 23 01:51:05 <Echo> 4df+3 It wills against her.
Apr 23 01:51:06 <CROM> Echo: It wills against her.: 3 (4df+3=+, -, 0, 0)
Apr 23 01:51:20 <Echo> And the shackles fall away.
Apr 23 01:51:41 <Echo> 4df+3 It takes a single lurching step toward its already-stricken victim, and points.
Apr 23 01:51:42 <CROM> Echo: It takes a single lurching step toward its already-stricken victim, and points.: 4 (4df+3=-, 0, +, +)
Apr 23 01:51:48 <Echo> Jake, mdef.
Apr 23 01:52:23 <Geothermal> 4df+1
Apr 23 01:52:23 <CROM> Geothermal: 4 (4df+1=0, +, +, +)
Apr 23 01:53:42 <Echo> Jake's insides reverberate with the forces working against how reality should be.
Apr 23 01:55:16 <Ragazzo> Colmes flows rapidly from his sprint ito a tight boxing stance, bringing the force of his momentum experlty behind a hard straight punch at the standing daevite.
Apr 23 01:55:25 <Ragazzo> 4df+7 Faaaalcon PUNCH
Apr 23 01:55:26 <CROM> Ragazzo: Faaaalcon PUNCH: 6 (4df+7=-, 0, -, +)
Apr 23 01:55:39 <Ragazzo> redact
Apr 23 01:55:41 <Ragazzo> All of that
Apr 23 01:57:03 <Maddy> Claudia falls to her knees, holding her stomach where she's still bleeding.
Apr 23 02:04:02 <Echo> The taller, larger creature *catches* Colmes' punch, squeezing his hand tight, twisting and bearing down, torquing his arm in a direction it is not at all supposed to bend.
Apr 23 02:04:16 <Echo> 4df+3 Defense, colme.
Apr 23 02:04:17 <CROM> Echo: Defense, colme.: 2 (4df+3=0, +, -, -)
Apr 23 02:05:03 <Maddy> 4df ignore this, Claudia's just trying to stop her own bleeding.
Apr 23 02:05:03 <CROM> Maddy: ignore this, Claudia's just trying to stop her own bleeding.: -2 (4df=-, +, -, -)
Apr 23 02:05:08 <Maddy> Oh jeeze.
Apr 23 02:05:14 <Ragazzo> 4df+3 The detective sends an elbow at the daevite's chin, trying to tug his arm free at the same time.
Apr 23 02:05:14 <CROM> Ragazzo: The detective sends an elbow at the daevite's chin, trying to tug his arm free at the same time.: 6 (4df+3=+, +, 0, +)
Apr 23 02:06:48 <Echo> He manages to extricate himself.
Apr 23 02:07:17 <Echo> Claudia manages to continue bleeding spectacularly. Looking a little pale, there.
Apr 23 02:07:39 <Maddy> [Ahh shit…] wobble.
Apr 23 02:07:46 <Geothermal> Jake has snapped out of his trance, and watches Colmes go for the attack
Apr 23 02:07:47 <Echo> Jake, Go.
Apr 23 02:08:34 <Ragazzo> The detective skips back, keeping his guard up, moving to the side a bit.
Apr 23 02:09:25 <Geothermal> "Claduia!" Jake rushes over to her.
Apr 23 02:09:52 <Geothermal> 4df+5 FOCUS Jake pulls out his medkit and tries to fix her up
Apr 23 02:09:52 <CROM> Geothermal: FOCUS Jake pulls out his medkit and tries to fix her up: 4 (4df+5=-, 0, +, -)
Apr 23 02:10:07 <Maddy> 4df+1 wounds.
Apr 23 02:10:08 <CROM> Maddy: wounds.: 3 (4df+1=+, 0, +, 0)
Apr 23 02:10:09 <Ragazzo> Colmes attention flickers for a moment at Jake's shout.
Apr 23 02:10:12 <Maddy> You fix it!
Apr 23 02:10:42 <Echo> -1 AP, Jake.
Apr 23 02:11:15 <Tom90deg> 4df+3 Zoe draws her sword and moves forward, slashing at the second creature.
Apr 23 02:11:15 <CROM> Tom90deg: Zoe draws her sword and moves forward, slashing at the second creature.: 6 (4df+3=0, +, +, +)
Apr 23 02:11:24 <Echo> O_o
Apr 23 02:11:28 <Echo> 4df+3 ?
Apr 23 02:11:29 <CROM> Echo: ?: 4 (4df+3=+, 0, 0, 0)
Apr 23 02:11:36 <Echo> Describe.
Apr 23 02:12:43 <Tom90deg> Zoe moves forward under the creatures reach and stabs up and in, from the belly through, stareing into it's eyes as whatever it's filled with drips down from Zoe's face. She gives the sword another twist, and pulls it out.
Apr 23 02:13:38 <Echo> Roll pdef
Apr 23 02:13:43 <Echo> Beat 3.
Apr 23 02:13:58 <Tom90deg> 4df+6 (Dodge)
Apr 23 02:13:58 <CROM> Tom90deg: (Dodge): 6 (4df+6=0, -, +, 0)
Apr 23 02:14:34 <Echo> The creature crumples to the ground almost neatly as she withdraws the blade.
Apr 23 02:14:44 <Ragazzo> Colmes casts his attention about.
Apr 23 02:14:49 <Ragazzo> "We need to get back."
Apr 23 02:14:57 <Ragazzo> "Claudia, can you run?"
Apr 23 02:15:19 <Maddy> "Ja."
Apr 23 02:15:23 <Geothermal> Jake finishes up patching her up. "I think you're good."
Apr 23 02:15:30 <Tom90deg> Zoe looks back at the group, still dripping with whatever fluids the thing was filled with. «Troy, this is Zoe. Two down, Claudia's hurt. We're heading back as fast as we can.»
Apr 23 02:15:38 <Ragazzo> "Then we're running."
Apr 23 02:15:50 <Maddy> "Let's go." she picks herself up and starts going.
Apr 23 02:16:01 <Ragazzo> Colmes also takes off.
Apr 23 02:16:08 <Ragazzo> Back to camp!
Apr 23 02:16:08 <Tom90deg> Zoe starts running back towards camp
Apr 23 02:16:15 <Tom90deg> staying with the group, of course
Apr 23 02:16:25 <Ragazzo> As does colmes
Apr 23 02:16:28 <Geothermal> Jake sprints ahead of Claudia and Colmes, his rifle at the ready
Apr 23 02:16:36 <Geothermal> But only a few feet ahead
Apr 23 02:17:40 <Ragazzo> On their return, colmes helps claudia into wherever, and then sits down in the lav himself
Apr 23 02:17:49 * Ragazzo has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Apr 23 02:18:09 <Tom90deg> Zoe heads to the trailer, ready to move out