We'll leave the light on for ya'

Feb 07 21:08:34 <Maddy> Jani heads towards the bridge, recalling having seen a blokade there.
Feb 07 21:09:04 <MonkeyBomb> Brock enjoys the ride from his spot on the truck bed. Ace's ears flap in the wind.
Feb 07 21:09:08 <Echo> "So… how did y'all make contact before?"
Feb 07 21:10:01 <MonkeyBomb> "They kind of contacted us."
Feb 07 21:10:37 <MonkeyBomb> Brock raises his voice over the sounds of the truck.
Feb 07 21:10:37 <Maddy> "We just kinda walkd in passed a blockade, and they came to us. Said they spotted us far off." she shrugs. "I figured we'd just park our asses at the blockade on the bridge and they'll come out eventually."
Feb 07 21:11:04 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide just listens, she hasn't been to Ashburton before.
Feb 07 21:11:52 <Echo> "They got an elevated watch post farther in then." Mitchell points around at the houses lining the streets on the run-up to where Jani's driving them.
Feb 07 21:12:15 <Echo> "If they spotted y'all comin' in, they're lookin' down on ya."
Feb 07 21:12:23 <Tehpillowstar> "So uh, why are we going back again?"
Feb 07 21:12:32 <Maddy> "Make sence." she nods. "To get the power on."
Feb 07 21:12:35 <Tehpillowstar> "Missed the briefin' or whatever."
Feb 07 21:12:41 <Tehpillowstar> "Oh, alright."
Feb 07 21:13:33 <MonkeyBomb> Brock watches the second story windows and roofs as they drive.
Feb 07 21:13:51 <Echo> Mitchell opens the little sliding window in the back of the cab. "Munroe and Jani checked the water plant over. He said it'll run if it had power."
Feb 07 21:13:56 <Maddy> "I'm hoping you guys to better than the people I was with the first time, just all talking at once"
Feb 07 21:14:36 <MonkeyBomb> Brock chuckles. "Don't look at me; I didn't say a word that time."
Feb 07 21:14:42 <Maddy> "I know."
Feb 07 21:16:01 <Maddy> Jani keeps driving along.
Feb 07 21:16:12 <Echo> It doesn't take long until they approach the heavy anti-vehicle barriers. Large sections of rebar welded into rough approximations of tank obstables, concrete bumps and molded columns, speed bumps, road jacks, you name it.
Feb 07 21:16:26 <MonkeyBomb> Ace is thoroughly enjoying the ride. His tongue is sticking out of the corner of his mouth as the wind whips by his face.
Feb 07 21:17:34 <MonkeyBomb> Brock can't help but ensure that his rifle is still strapped across his back when they arrive at the barriers.
Feb 07 21:17:37 <Maddy> Jani shuts off the truck, climbs out and hops up on the hood of the vehicle and sits down.
Feb 07 21:18:25 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide pulls her rifle to her lap and watches.
Feb 07 21:18:36 <MonkeyBomb> Brock and Ace hops off the bed, walking around to the front of the truck. He leans up against the side of the cab, waiting.
Feb 07 21:18:40 <MonkeyBomb> *hop
Feb 07 21:19:17 <Echo> "So this is it? Mitchell climbs out and leans against the open door of the truck, takes a moment to light up a cigarette, and waves off in the distance toward the center of town, where he hopes somebody's watching.
Feb 07 21:19:54 <Maddy> "Yeah, hopefully it doesn't take too long, or we'll have to head further in to try to get their attention. Don't wanna step on toes though/"
Feb 07 21:20:11 <MonkeyBomb> Ace settles at his master's feet. He sniffs the air. He's been here before!
Feb 07 21:20:38 <MonkeyBomb> Brock pats the dog on the head. "Yeah, I don't think they'd take too kindly to that."
Feb 07 21:20:51 * Puppetmaster (meht.gnillup|sgnirts#meht.gnillup|sgnirts) has joined #afteractionmission
Feb 07 21:21:14 <Echo> "So you think just wait?"
Feb 07 21:21:40 <Maddy> Jani relaxes, looking just about as non threatening as possible, though she always looks like that. Just wearing her cutoff shorts and a tank top. "Yeah I think it's the best plan."
Feb 07 21:22:07 <Maddy> "I mean a bridge has to be of tactical importance, right? If theyr'e not actively watching it, they probably have patrols."
Feb 07 21:22:12 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide looks at the others then steps out too.
Feb 07 21:22:32 <Tehpillowstar> She adjusts the rifle so that it's slung one her back.
Feb 07 21:23:12 <MonkeyBomb> Brock plays with Ace's ears while they wait. Flippity floppity. *wagwagwag*
Feb 07 21:23:13 <Echo> "Got a point. You figure they'll head out this far at night? Matt was talkin' about a big gate, or a wall, or somethin' farther in."
Feb 07 21:24:08 <MonkeyBomb> "Mmm. I say if someone doesn't show up in 10 minutes we either move farther in, or go home and try again tomorrow."
Feb 07 21:24:12 <Maddy> "Well, could light a fire, certainly that would attract attention?"
Feb 07 21:24:48 <Echo> "Hell
Feb 07 21:24:52 <MonkeyBomb> "Or we could just honk the horn on the truck?"
Feb 07 21:24:55 <MonkeyBomb> Brock shrugs.
Feb 07 21:25:00 <Echo> "Hell, if anybody's lookin', they'd sure as hell notice a fire."
Feb 07 21:26:41 <Tehpillowstar> "Could make a signal light if you don't want to bother with buildin' a fire."
Feb 07 21:27:03 <Maddy> "Help me light a fire. Dunno if paranatuarl shit is the way to go right now."
Feb 07 21:28:19 <MonkeyBomb> He shrugs again, to himself. Elaborate fire it is, then.
Feb 07 21:28:22 <Tehpillowstar> "Paranatural shit tends to spook people out."
Feb 07 21:28:30 <Echo> Mitchell starts looking around. "Uhhhh… like, haul some shit form a house out into the street and pile it up?"
Feb 07 21:28:50 <Maddy> Jani starts to do that then."
Feb 07 21:29:09 <Maddy> -"
Feb 07 21:30:06 <Echo> After crushing out his cig, Mitchell follows Jani to see if he can help her with some heavier stuff.
Feb 07 21:31:09 <Maddy> She drags some stuff up to the place.
Feb 07 21:31:13 <MonkeyBomb> Brock grabs some small sticks and brush from a nearby yard to help.
Feb 07 21:31:39 <MonkeyBomb> He dumps the stuff in the place.
Feb 07 21:32:18 <MonkeyBomb> Ace watches with interest.
Feb 07 21:32:28 <Echo> The Marine comes out of the house Jani entered, dragging a kitchen table with the legs busted off. He drops it onto the asphalt, and disappears back inside.
Feb 07 21:32:43 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide tries to help out by gathering some larger twigs and stuff.
Feb 07 21:33:19 <Echo> A minute or so later, he comes out with a chair under each arm and one precariously balanced on his head, the back down over his face, legs pointed up in the air.
Feb 07 21:33:41 <MonkeyBomb> Brock peers into the darkness for any signs of life, presumably doesn't see anything, and wonders what the hell Mitchell is doing.
Feb 07 21:33:44 <Maddy> "Careful, Evan."
Feb 07 21:33:58 <MonkeyBomb> "Yo, need a hand?"
Feb 07 21:34:03 <Echo> It tumbles off his head as he goes through the door. He stops and looks back at it. "Whoops."
Feb 07 21:34:25 <MonkeyBomb> Brock grabs it, and follows Mitchell. "I got it."
Feb 07 21:34:42 <Echo> "Tango Yankee."
Feb 07 21:35:17 <Maddy> She starts to arange junk in such a way that it will burn well.
Feb 07 21:35:31 <MonkeyBomb> "No problem."
Feb 07 21:35:40 <Echo> When he gets to the pile o' burnables, Mitchell tosses one chair down, raises the other above his head by the back, and smacks it down mightily onto the roadway, breaking the legs off.
Feb 07 21:36:24 <Echo> He keeps thwacking it against the ground until the seat separates from the back.
Feb 07 21:36:38 <MonkeyBomb> "Oh, cool. We get to break shit."
Feb 07 21:36:47 <Echo> "Give it a shot."
Feb 07 21:36:55 <Echo> Mitchell points at the other chair.
Feb 07 21:37:07 <Echo> "It's kinda fun to just go nuts and tear somethin' up."
Feb 07 21:37:22 <MonkeyBomb> "Yep." Brock raises the chair over his head and breaks the shit out of it.
Feb 07 21:37:26 <Echo> "Jani, Adelaide, you wanna try the other one?"
Feb 07 21:37:45 <Echo> "You know, there's one more inside. Hell, we could all break one. Team buildin' exercise."
Feb 07 21:38:17 <MonkeyBomb> Pieces of wood go flying. He brushes his hands together once he's finished. "I feel better already."
Feb 07 21:38:22 <Maddy> "I'm not really made for chair breaking."
Feb 07 21:38:28 <MonkeyBomb> Now it's Ace's turn to wonder what the heck is going on.
Feb 07 21:38:31 <Tehpillowstar> "Sure." Adelaide helps.
Feb 07 21:38:46 <MonkeyBomb> Brock piles the broken chair parts on the place.
Feb 07 21:39:21 <Echo> "Awww, go for it."
Feb 07 21:39:33 <Maddy> "Oh by the way I found some cool glasses for alcohol in one ofe the houses I poked around in last night?"
Feb 07 21:39:35 <Maddy> -?
Feb 07 21:40:09 <Echo> Mitchell picks the chair up and holds it out toward Jani, waggling his eyebrows. "Any alcohol to go with it? I mean, not that I'm interested. I don't drink."
Feb 07 21:40:58 <Maddy> She takes the chair. "Lies, but no, found flour though, so maybe we can make bread." she raises the chair and attempts to break it.
Feb 07 21:41:51 <Echo> Mitchell finishes gathering up the scrap he created. "Oh shit."
Feb 07 21:42:10 <Echo> "Uhhh… one of y'all wanna go grab somethin' we could use to actually light this shit on fire with?"
Feb 07 21:42:18 <Maddy> "I have matches."
Feb 07 21:42:36 <Tehpillowstar> "I could do it." Adelaide shrugs.
Feb 07 21:43:35 <Maddy> "Itll still look like regular fire, right?"
Feb 07 21:44:23 <Echo> "Like, uh… I mean like a towel, or a sheet or somethin'."
Feb 07 21:44:52 <Maddy> "Oh, sure." she heads back into the house looking for textiles.
Feb 07 21:45:12 <Tehpillowstar> "…On second though, I don't think so."
Feb 07 21:45:54 <Echo> There's a rug in the living room, Jani.
Feb 07 21:45:59 <Echo> And a welcome mat!
Feb 07 21:46:29 <Maddy> She takes the welcome mat. "Tahdah"
Feb 07 21:48:05 <Echo> "Blaze that shit!"
Feb 07 21:48:35 <Maddy> She puts it with the other stuff anf lights the fcker
Feb 07 21:48:52 <MonkeyBomb> "Let there be light," he says with perfect poetic timing.
Feb 07 21:49:09 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide leans on the truck door and watches the fire be built.
Feb 07 21:49:12 <Tehpillowstar> And lit.
Feb 07 21:49:58 <MonkeyBomb> "I hope nobody was using that furniture."
Feb 07 21:50:02 <Echo> The mat flares up, burning pretty strongly after smoldering for a minute or so. The heat sets off one of the legs of the busted chairs.
Feb 07 21:50:36 <Echo> "I think it falls under international salvage laws by now. Or somethin'."
Feb 07 21:50:44 <Maddy> Jani climbs back up to her spot on the roof of the car.
Feb 07 21:50:55 <MonkeyBomb> "Well, either way… It's too late now."
Feb 07 21:51:06 <Maddy> "Hey guys. Suggesting we do /not/ mention the limes."
Feb 07 21:51:27 <Tehpillowstar> "Wilco."
Feb 07 21:51:31 <MonkeyBomb> Brock positions himself outside the firelight so that the glare from the flames doesn't blind him. "Sure thing."
Feb 07 21:52:35 <Echo> "Probably a good idea."
Feb 07 21:53:09 <Echo> Mitchell takes a moment to light another smoke, then offers the pack around. "So… anybody got any funny stories while we wait?"
Feb 07 21:53:54 <Tehpillowstar> "Uhh…well one time me and my friends were chased by a wasp's nest."
Feb 07 21:54:06 <MonkeyBomb> Brock declines the cigarette.
Feb 07 21:54:28 <MonkeyBomb> "Bet that was fun."
Feb 07 21:54:41 <Echo> "Chased by a wasp nest, or the wasps that lived in it?"
Feb 07 21:54:53 <Echo> He stares at her. "The first one'd be *waaay* funnier than the second."
Feb 07 21:55:17 <Maddy> Jani chuckles.
Feb 07 21:56:06 <Tehpillowstar> "You'd be surprised," Adelaide says mysteriously, chuckling.
Feb 07 21:58:35 <Echo> "Well… I got one, kinda."
Feb 07 21:58:52 <Echo> "Not really a story. More like a, uh, fun fact."
Feb 07 21:59:56 <Maddy> "Well what is it?"
Feb 07 22:00:00 <Tehpillowstar> "Well let's hear it then."
Feb 07 22:00:18 <Echo> "That helo we went down in? That's the *third* time I've been in a rotary wing crash."
Feb 07 22:00:57 <Maddy> "Are you cursed?"
Feb 07 22:01:24 <MonkeyBomb> "Jeez."
Feb 07 22:01:46 <Echo> "Probably not. Only one of 'em actually crashed on its own."
Feb 07 22:02:21 <Maddy> "I wish I had interesting stories."
Feb 07 22:03:19 <Echo> The table and chairs finally catch really, lighting up the street.
Feb 07 22:03:27 <Echo> *well
Feb 07 22:04:25 <Maddy> "Hope they come soon."
Feb 07 22:04:41 <MonkeyBomb> "Me too, or I'll start telling embarrassing stories from high school."
Feb 07 22:06:01 <Tehpillowstar> "Hah."
Feb 07 22:06:09 <Maddy> "I could tell you the time I sat up all night sitting outside my parents room with a plastic fork to protect them."
Feb 07 22:06:23 <Echo> "From what?"
Feb 07 22:07:02 <Maddy> "Numbers. Was when I first had my break. In hindsight, it's really quite funny."
Feb 07 22:07:28 <MonkeyBomb> "Hmm?"
Feb 07 22:08:48 <Maddy> "Before I got insight, like knowing that my halucinations wern't real, I thought numbers were coming for my family. At this point, we'd taing all the sharp things out of the house so I couldn't hurt myself, so the best I could so was this fork."
Feb 07 22:09:13 <Echo> "Damn."
Feb 07 22:10:26 <Maddy> "I just picture myself now, half asleep, iin my jammies, with a plastic fork."
Feb 07 22:10:35 <Maddy> "It tickles me."
Feb 07 22:11:25 <Tehpillowstar> "Heh."
Feb 07 22:11:45 <MonkeyBomb> "Heh." Brock's 'heh' is not the exact same as Adelaide's 'heh.'
Feb 07 22:12:06 <Echo> 1d2 Different, not different
Feb 07 22:12:06 <CROM> Echo: Different, not different: 1 (1d2=1)
Feb 07 22:12:14 <Echo> It sounds pretty much the same.
Feb 07 22:12:21 <Echo> Perception
Feb 07 22:12:27 <Maddy> 4df+3 Eyes!
Feb 07 22:12:28 <CROM> Maddy: Eyes!: 2 (4df+3=-, 0, 0, 0)
Feb 07 22:12:38 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3 Different eyes!
Feb 07 22:12:38 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: Different eyes!: 0 (4df+3=-, -, 0, -)
Feb 07 22:14:45 <Tehpillowstar> 4df+3 three trees~
Feb 07 22:14:45 <CROM> Tehpillowstar: three trees~: 4 (4df+3=0, +, 0, 0)
Feb 07 22:18:46 <Echo> Adelaide's the first to hear a… whirrr? Sounds like a big-ass golf cart almost.
Feb 07 22:19:33 <Tehpillowstar> "I hear somefin. Like…kinda like a golf cart."
Feb 07 22:19:58 <Maddy> "Cool." Jani sits up.
Feb 07 22:20:00 <MonkeyBomb> "Finally."
Feb 07 22:22:14 <Echo> She's also the first to see a dark shape resolve in the distance down the street. Looks like the source of the whir's a big-ass flatbed truck. A dozen forms pile off the back, visible in the dim moonlight. The vehicle's lights come on, almost blinding, even by the firelight in the middle of the street.
Feb 07 22:22:40 <MonkeyBomb> Brock brings his arm up to block some of the glaring light.
Feb 07 22:22:46 <Maddy> Jani shields her eyes a little.
Feb 07 22:22:55 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide raises her arm to shield her eyes before suddenly pulling her arms behind her back and squinting.
Feb 07 22:23:00 <MonkeyBomb> Ace cocks his head, curious as to what's going on now.
Feb 07 22:24:59 <Echo> The passenger side door pops open, and someone climbs out, staying behind the door. They raise a loudspeaker to their face. "STATE YOUR BUSINESS."
Feb 07 22:25:19 <Echo> It might occur to them they're yelling over quite the distance.
Feb 07 22:26:26 <MonkeyBomb> Brock looks at Jani, considering she seems to have no qualms about being the negotiator here.
Feb 07 22:27:05 <Maddy> "Hey there. We have good news on something mutualy benifical to our groups."
Feb 07 22:27:16 <Echo> Mitchell looks over at Brock. "They do this last time?"
Feb 07 22:27:36 <Echo> After Jani speaks, there's a little bit of a delay. "STATE YOUR- what?"
Feb 07 22:27:44 <MonkeyBomb> "Pretty much."
Feb 07 22:28:11 <Echo> The person with the megaphone seems to be occupied with talking to one of the others that disembarked. It's hard to tell this far away.
Feb 07 22:28:54 <Echo> "YOU'RE EACH TO APPROACH OUR POSITION. IF YOU'VE GOT ANY WEAPONS, LEAVE THEM WHERE YOU ARE."
Feb 07 22:29:24 <MonkeyBomb> Brock sighs. He drops his hunting rifle on the truck bed.
Feb 07 22:29:36 <MonkeyBomb> "Let's get this over with."
Feb 07 22:29:43 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide complies, opening the truck door and stuffing her rifle back inside.
Feb 07 22:29:49 <Maddy> Jani leaves her gun in her back and approaches the whatsit.
Feb 07 22:29:54 <Maddy> *backpack
Feb 07 22:30:19 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide casually stuffs her hands in her pockets.
Feb 07 22:30:25 <MonkeyBomb> Brock follows her lead, careful to not look suspicious or anything.
Feb 07 22:30:32 <MonkeyBomb> Ace trots along behind.
Feb 07 22:30:34 <Echo> Mitchell pulls the rifle off his back, removes the pistol from its holster, and tosses the knife onto the bed of the truck. He sighs, then follows the others. "Fuck."
Feb 07 22:31:55 <Echo> Once they get to about 20 meters from the vehicle, they can make out a few people with guns aimed in at them, with several more aimed off around the vehicle. "STATE YOUR BUSINESS." The man with the megaphone seems to love that thing.
Feb 07 22:33:04 <MonkeyBomb> Brock can't help but appreciate their caution.
Feb 07 22:33:15 <MonkeyBomb> He still doesn't like guns pointed at him, however.
Feb 07 22:33:29 <Maddy> "Like I said, we have something that could be beneficial to both our groups, and wanted to talk about you guys with it."
Feb 07 22:34:19 <Echo> "… YOU'RE THE ONES THAT WERE PROWLING ROUND OUT HERE A COUPLE WEEKS BACK, YEAH?"
Feb 07 22:35:08 <Maddy> "Wern't prowling, were looking to talk to you, which we did."
Feb 07 22:35:58 <Tehpillowstar> ~Jegus, you sure like that thing.~
Feb 07 22:37:53 <Echo> "THOUGHT YOU SETTLED ON OVER IN THE SLUMS. IN ASHBURTON. THERE'S NOTHIN' OVER THERE."
Feb 07 22:38:35 <Maddy> "We did, but what we found, we found back on the beach before we moved."
Feb 07 22:38:57 <Echo> "WE DON'T HAVE ALL NIGHT. IT'S DANGEROUS OUT HERE."
Feb 07 22:40:19 <Maddy> "There's a desal plant, we can get it working and running water to both our groups, if you can get power to it and us."
Feb 07 22:41:29 <Echo> "…"
Feb 07 22:41:46 <Echo> There's no response for a moment, and it's dead quiet.
Feb 07 22:42:34 <Echo> Low chatter from the vicinity of the truck's passenger side can be heard, then the "beep" of a radio, and some muffled, garbled-sounding response.
Feb 07 22:43:19 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide takes a deep breath.
Feb 07 22:43:30 <Maddy> Jani smiles.
Feb 07 22:44:04 <MonkeyBomb> ~Damn, these guys could just take the damn thing if they wanted to. We sure as hell couldn't stop 'em…~ He hopes these Ashburtoners are reasonable people, though.
Feb 07 22:44:22 <Echo> 1d4
Feb 07 22:44:23 <CROM> Echo: 1 (1d4=1)
Feb 07 22:44:27 <Echo> 1d4
Feb 07 22:44:28 <CROM> Echo: 1 (1d4=1)
Feb 07 22:44:31 <Echo> 1d4
Feb 07 22:44:32 <CROM> Echo: 2 (1d4=2)
Feb 07 22:47:03 <Echo> "YOU! THE ONE TALKIN'! AND YOU!" The guy tosses the megaphone back into the truck and steps forward, illuminating himself in silhouette as he passes in front of the vehicle. He points first at Jani, then Brock. Kinda tallish guy, not heavyset, kinda toughman competition build. Accent's heavy as hell. A shotgun hangs across his chest.
Feb 07 22:47:24 <Echo> "OVER HERE! YOU'RE COMIN' WITH US!"
Feb 07 22:47:28 <MonkeyBomb> "…"
Feb 07 22:47:46 <MonkeyBomb> "What for?"
Feb 07 22:48:11 <Maddy> "Alright."
Feb 07 22:48:18 <MonkeyBomb> "…"
Feb 07 22:48:27 <Echo> "*YOU* CAME TO TALK. *WE'RE* GONNA TALK, YEAH?"
Feb 07 22:48:36 <Maddy> Jani wanders over. "Don't worry so much, Brock."
Feb 07 22:48:55 <MonkeyBomb> He grumbles to himself as he heads over there as well, Ace following behind.
Feb 07 22:49:00 <Echo> Mitchell kinda groans.
Feb 07 22:49:21 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide curses under her breath.
Feb 07 22:50:01 <MonkeyBomb> Brock decides to let Jani do all the talking if he can help it… He grits his teeth and stifles all the alarm bells ringing in his head.
Feb 07 22:50:44 <Echo> The guy with the shotgun gestures at Adelaide and Mitchell. "YOU TWO! DON'T APPROACH YOUR VEHICLE UNTIL WE'RE GONE."

The following bolded sections happened simultaneously in different places.

Feb 07 22:52:29 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide weighs the possibility of trying to go anyway.
Feb 07 22:52:48 <Maddy> Jani has the keys anyow
Feb 07 22:53:16 <Tehpillowstar> "Jani, are you sure about this?"
Feb 07 22:53:30 <Tehpillowstar> "Splittin' the group like this?"
Feb 07 22:53:37 <Maddy> Jani's gone with the other group already
Feb 07 22:55:08 <Tehpillowstar> Oh, redact then.
Feb 07 22:56:25 <Echo> "Well?"
Feb 07 23:02:27 <Echo> Adelaide can see the patrol boarding the truck, Jani and Brock in tow.
Feb 07 23:03:13 <Tehpillowstar> "I hope you brought marshmallows."
Feb 07 23:04:07 <Echo> Before Mitchell can answer, the megaphone pipes back up. "OI! ONE OF YOU NEEDS TO GET THIS DOG!"
Feb 07 23:04:58 <Tehpillowstar> "I'll go." Adelaide gets off from the truck and jogs over to get Ace.
Feb 07 23:05:47 <MonkeyBomb> Ace reluctantly is allowed to be led away by Adelaide. Brock, who's handcuffed in the back of the truck, nods at her. "Thanks."
Feb 07 23:06:57 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide eyes go briefly wide when she see's Brock's handcuffs hands but immediately assumes a neutral expression. She take's Ace's leash (if he has one) with her left hand.
Feb 07 23:07:19 <MonkeyBomb> Nah, he's just wearing a collar.
Feb 07 23:07:40 <Tehpillowstar> Then she just leads him. "Here boy."
Feb 07 23:08:12 <MonkeyBomb> The dog is reluctant to leave, but eventually allows Adelaide to be in command. He can tell she's one of the Good People.
Feb 07 23:08:35 <MonkeyBomb> He whimpers slightly.
Feb 07 23:09:09 <Tehpillowstar> "It's okay. Brock will come back," she says to Ace. Adelaide leads Ace back to Mitchell and reports.
Feb 07 23:09:34 <Tehpillowstar> "Ashburtoners got Brock and I'll be Jani handcuffed."
Feb 07 23:09:38 <Tehpillowstar> *bet
Feb 07 23:11:01 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide sits next to Ace and pets him, massaging behind his ears.
Feb 07 23:11:15 <Echo> "Fuck…"
Feb 07 23:11:22 <MonkeyBomb> Ace continues to stare off in the direction of the truck and Brock…
Feb 07 23:11:31 <Echo> Mitchell starts back toward the truck, hurriedly pulling his weapons back on.
Feb 07 23:12:02 <Tehpillowstar> "Toss me my rifle back."
Feb 07 23:15:10 <Echo> He pulls it off the bed and carries it over.
Feb 07 23:16:56 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide accepts her weapon. "Thanks."
Feb 07 23:17:46 <MonkeyBomb> The dog is a lost dog. He lays down, ears flat and tail limp, staring into the last known location of Brock.
Feb 07 23:17:50 <Tehpillowstar> She's quiet for a moment, before saying. "Maybe, they separated us cuz they didn't have enough handcuffs or ways of restraining us…or maybe they only wanted to talk with two of us."
Feb 07 23:18:01 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide pets Ace, trying to comfort him.
Feb 07 23:19:20 <Tehpillowstar> "I don't know."
Feb 07 23:20:34 <Echo> "Compliance."
Feb 07 23:21:36 <Tehpillowstar> "Yeah, maybe." She lapses off to silence.
Feb 07 23:23:05 <Echo> "Look, if they don't come back… we'll go back to Tinwald, pick some people up, and go see about 'em, right?"
Feb 07 23:24:12 <Tehpillowstar> "Sounds good to me. How long should we wait?"
Feb 07 23:24:28 <Echo> "… fuck. I don't even know."
Feb 07 23:24:54 <Echo> "Say an hour? Is an hour long enough?"
Feb 07 23:26:18 <Tehpillowstar> "Depends if they want to indulge in plesantries. Maybe they're having a tea party."
Feb 07 23:26:28 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide doesn't sound like she believes it.
Feb 07 23:37:52 <Echo> Mitchell checks his watch.
Feb 07 23:38:04 <Echo> "Wouldn't happen to have a deck of cards, would ya?"
Feb 07 23:45:41 <Tehpillowstar> "Nope."
Feb 07 23:50:22 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide starts whistling.
Feb 07 23:50:35 <MonkeyBomb> Ace is practically dead.
Feb 07 23:50:51 <MonkeyBomb> He whines again.
Feb 07 23:51:24 <Echo> Mitchell wanders over, kneeling beside him and scratching between his ears.
Feb 07 23:51:29 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide vigorously pets Ace.
Feb 07 23:51:42 <MonkeyBomb> It's just not the /same/.
Feb 07 23:52:23 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide's whistling an obscure theme called "Mind of a Thief"
Feb 07 23:56:27 <Echo> "What's that?"
Feb 07 23:56:48 <Tehpillowstar> "Mmn?"
Feb 08 00:02:06 * Tehpillowstar has quit (Ping timeout: 182 seconds)

Feb 07 22:52:52 <Echo> The man with the shotgun points to the truck. "Walk around back and climb on. Don't try nothin' stupid."
Feb 07 22:53:23 <Maddy> Jani nods, walking around and climbing up. Nothing stupid is tried.
Feb 07 22:54:18 <MonkeyBomb> Brock walks to the back of the truck, careful to keep both hands visible… He looks at Ace, then at the truck.
Feb 07 22:54:41 <Echo> "The dog stays here."
Feb 07 22:54:49 <MonkeyBomb> "Good luck with that."
Feb 07 22:55:20 <MonkeyBomb> He gestures for Ace to sit. The dog does.
Feb 07 22:55:29 <MonkeyBomb> "No guarantees he'll stay there, though."
Feb 07 22:55:40 <Maddy> "If the dog's a problem they could both stay with the rest, and i could jsut go with you."
Feb 07 22:56:06 <MonkeyBomb> "Hell no. Not by yourself."
Feb 07 22:57:10 <Echo> "Get the fuck up on the back." The man nods at bed of the truck. "You got one chance."
Feb 07 22:58:09 <MonkeyBomb> Brock hops on. "Jeez, bro. No need to be so goddamn hostile." Ace remains sitting, though he looks a little confused as to what he should do.
Feb 07 22:58:20 <MonkeyBomb> …Well, so much for letting Jani do all the talking.
Feb 07 22:59:43 <Echo> One of the ones still in back of the track steps behind them. "Hands behind your backs."
Feb 07 23:00:16 <Maddy> Jani complies or whatever
Feb 07 23:00:19 <MonkeyBomb> He complies, grudgingly to say the least.
Feb 07 23:00:40 <Echo> THey both get a pair of cuffs slapped around their wrists.
Feb 07 23:00:43 <Echo> 1d3
Feb 07 23:00:43 <CROM> Echo: 2 (1d3=2)
Feb 07 23:00:46 <Echo> 1d3
Feb 07 23:00:46 <CROM> Echo: 1 (1d3=1)
Feb 07 23:01:10 <Echo> Brock's set doesn't quite ratchet down the way they should.
Feb 07 23:01:49 <MonkeyBomb> From an IC perspective, this is a good thing. Brock doesn't react, assuming he is aware of this fact. From an OOC perspective, it doesn't bode well…
Feb 07 23:02:03 <Echo> They're both shoved down on their knees as the patrol starts clambering back up on the truck.
Feb 07 23:02:10 <MonkeyBomb> Ace gets up.
Feb 07 23:02:20 <MonkeyBomb> Growling lightly.
Feb 07 23:02:35 <Maddy> "Can we atleast get one of our people to hold the dog?"
Feb 07 23:03:16 <Echo> The guy with the shotgun overhears this, and snatches the megaphone out of the passenger seat.
Feb 07 23:03:53 <MonkeyBomb> "Shhh." Brock hushes the dog. Ace quiets down a bit, but still remains agitated.
Feb 07 23:04:41 <Echo> He faces towards the survivors' truck. "OI! ONE OF YOU NEEDS TO GET THIS DOG!"
Feb 07 23:06:19 <MonkeyBomb> Ace reluctantly is allowed to be led away by Adelaide. Brock, who's handcuffed in the back of the truck, nods at her. "Thanks."
Feb 07 23:09:21 <Echo> As soon as the dog's away, the vehicle starts backing up, cuts rearward into an adjacent street, finishes a Y-turn, and drives toward the inner wall.
Feb 07 23:09:44 * Tehpillowstar (~PI.3BC155FE.EA7E8EA2.EF990D96|arukam#PI.3BC155FE.EA7E8EA2.EF990D96|arukam) has joined #Ashburton
Feb 07 23:09:50 * Echo has kicked Tehpillowstar from #Ashburton (Echo)
Feb 07 23:09:57 * Tox (~ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.D2163868-CRInys|agemO#ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.D2163868-CRInys|agemO) has joined #Ashburton
Feb 07 23:10:01 * Echo has kicked Tox from #Ashburton (Echo)
Feb 07 23:10:03 <Echo> A few seconds after the truck have started to move, Jani and Brock have a set of black hoods pulled over their heads.
Feb 07 23:12:10 <Maddy> Jani can't help but think this is so unecissary.
Feb 07 23:13:11 <MonkeyBomb> Brock can't help but think this is so unnecessary as well.
Feb 07 23:15:57 <Echo> They can hear a gate being raised as the vehicle comes to a rolling stop, it picks up speed, and the sound of metal dropping to asphalt clatters behind them.
Feb 07 23:17:39 <Echo> It drives on for a few minutes, making a few lefts and rights, then eventually pulls to a halt.
Feb 07 23:19:20 <Echo> They can see light shining on them through the cloth of the hoods, which are pulled off seconds after the vehicle stops.
Feb 07 23:19:36 <Maddy> Jani blinks a few times getting used to the light again.
Feb 07 23:20:12 <MonkeyBomb> "…"
Feb 07 23:20:14 <Echo> They appear to be parked on the curb, right next to a police station. A set of steps lead up to the front entrance, where two guards in riot gear hold M4s.
Feb 07 23:20:32 <MonkeyBomb> ~Jesus.~
Feb 07 23:21:20 <Echo> The man who handcuffed them, a skinnier sort, blonde hair, speaks from behind them. "This is your stop."
Feb 07 23:21:46 <MonkeyBomb> "Thanks for the lift," he says dryly.
Feb 07 23:22:07 <Maddy> "Awesome."
Feb 07 23:22:22 <Echo> The guy with the megaphone clambers out and comes around to the side of the the truck facing the cop station. He's wearing a leather jacket and cargoes, now that you can get a good look at him. "Scoot on over. Off the side."
Feb 07 23:22:38 <Maddy> Jani scoots!
Feb 07 23:22:47 <Maddy> Scooch scooch.
Feb 07 23:22:53 <MonkeyBomb> Brock imitates the scooty scoot scooching.
Feb 07 23:23:44 <Echo> "So you said you got the plant runnin'?"
Feb 07 23:24:12 <MonkeyBomb> Jani's department.
Feb 07 23:24:17 <Echo> He scowls at them. "Hurry up! Off the side!"
Feb 07 23:25:29 <Maddy> She hops off the side. "I said we could get it runing if we had power."
Feb 07 23:25:33 <MonkeyBomb> He moves.
Feb 07 23:26:16 <Maddy> "It's intact and functional, with only a minor broken valve."
Feb 07 23:26:49 <Echo> "What about them things livin' in there. The ones from the river? There's no way you got in there. The ones that go all dog-shaped."
Feb 07 23:27:32 <Maddy> "…" she supresses a laugh. "Oh yeah, we were worried about that, but took a chance…turns out those were actually jsut dogs."
Feb 07 23:27:52 <Maddy> "Almost bit Brock here right in the face, but we dealt with them."
Feb 07 23:28:04 <MonkeyBomb> "…"
Feb 07 23:28:05 <Echo> He motions over to the guys still sitting on the back, and two hop down, each grabbing one of them by the nape of their collars and pushing them forward toward the steps.
Feb 07 23:28:50 <Echo> "That's bullshit. How the fuck'd you clear it? Ah, fuck it. Chief'll find it out."
Feb 07 23:29:05 <Maddy> "The Tani-" she frowns a little at being manhandled. "The Taniwha are really only interested in the river, cuz. Salt water ain't their bag."
Feb 07 23:29:31 <MonkeyBomb> Brock wants to rip these guys apart… He steps forward slightly, so as not to be pushed.
Feb 07 23:31:27 <Maddy> Jani just goes with the flow. Being restrained and pushed around is not an alien experience for her.
Feb 07 23:31:50 <Echo> The guards at the top block the doors and frisk each of them thoroughly before letting them through to a reception and booking area.
Feb 07 23:31:59 <Maddy> Albeit and wholey unpleasent one.
Feb 07 23:32:06 <MonkeyBomb> They might find a pocket knife on Brock…
Feb 07 23:32:18 <Maddy> Jani's got nothin
Feb 07 23:32:29 <Echo> Roll tradecraft, Brock!
Feb 07 23:32:54 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+0
Feb 07 23:32:54 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: -4 (4df+0=-, -, -, -)
Feb 07 23:32:57 <Echo> …
Feb 07 23:32:59 <Echo> 4df+3
Feb 07 23:33:00 <MonkeyBomb> Oh shit.
Feb 07 23:33:00 <CROM> Echo: 4 (4df+3=0, 0, +, 0)
Feb 07 23:33:10 <Echo> The pocket knife gets yoinked.
Feb 07 23:34:32 <Echo> They're both led down a couple hallways through the police station, and dumped into an interrogation room.
Feb 07 23:34:43 <MonkeyBomb> That was a nice knife too…
Feb 07 23:35:05 <Echo> The guard, unbeknownst to Brock, stuffs it into a pocket.
Feb 07 23:36:14 <MonkeyBomb> An interrogation room? Really? "You guys must be /really/ bored around here…"
Feb 07 23:36:32 <Maddy> Jani shrugs. "Whatever works, I guess?"
Feb 07 23:37:34 <Echo> They're left sitting in the room for almost ten minutes before the door opens again. When it does, a jovial-looking guy of about fifty steps in. He's balding a little, and looks a little out of shape under his police uniform. "Good evening." He closes the door behind him, turning the handle a little and easing it shut.
Feb 07 23:37:58 <Maddy> "Heya."
Feb 07 23:38:06 <MonkeyBomb> "Evening."
Feb 07 23:39:09 <Maddy> *Kia ora, i keep forgetting my kiwi
Feb 07 23:39:32 <Echo> "I would say sorry for the, uh, precautions, but we try to take safety very seriously around here." He folds his hands behind his back. "I'm the Ashburton Chief of Police. John Shrewsbury. And you two would be…"
Feb 07 23:40:03 <Maddy> "Jani Sohcahtoa."
Feb 07 23:40:05 <MonkeyBomb> "Brock Mason."
Feb 07 23:40:40 <Echo> On closer inspection, this guy looks like he just woke up. His belt's a little off-center, and he looks nothing if not a little sleepy.
Feb 07 23:42:00 <Maddy> "Sorry if we made you get up, cuz."
Feb 07 23:42:21 <Echo> "Couldn't be helped."
Feb 07 23:42:36 <Echo> "Now… my men tell me that they found you creating a bonfire in the middle of one of our streets. Annnd that you had an offer." He squints. "Now… that's what gives me a little pause. They tell me that you've secured the desalination plant south of here."
Feb 07 23:43:47 <Maddy> "Yeah, our group started out on Wakanui beach, and we wandered up there early on."
Feb 07 23:43:59 <Echo> "The place was *crawling* with the lizard things. And if memory serves, you…" he points a finger at Jani "… are part of the group that showed up looking for entry a few weeks ago.
Feb 07 23:44:34 <Maddy> "It was crawlying with exactly three mundane, feral dogs, and yea we are."
Feb 07 23:45:14 <Maddy> "We're up in Tinwald now, just over the bridge."
Feb 07 23:45:22 <Echo> He looks over at Brock. "And I assume you're part of the same group." He glances back to Jani. "And how exactly do you *know* they're dogs?"
Feb 07 23:45:37 <MonkeyBomb> Brock nods when addressed.
Feb 07 23:46:06 <Maddy> "Cause we killed them, adn they stayed dogs. Never killed a Tanwha, but I assume they were like werewolves or something and turn to their natural form if you kill them."
Feb 07 23:46:24 <Maddy> "And I don't think killing a Taniwha would have been that simple."
Feb 07 23:47:33 <Echo> John stares at Jani for a moment. "It's not. What's this offer you mentioned?"
Feb 07 23:49:01 <Maddy> "Well we could use power in the tiny block we're using. Hard for doctors to do work by candle light. We also only have a few months of water. I don't know where you're getting yours, but having it jsut come through the taps would peobably be nice, right?"
Feb 07 23:49:26 <Maddy> "We can work the plant if you can power the plant and the place we life in."
Feb 07 23:49:29 <Maddy> *live
Feb 07 23:50:18 <Echo> "… Excuse me for a moment."
Feb 07 23:50:56 <Echo> With that, he turns to the door, raps on it a few times, and steps out when it's opened. It closes shut firmly behind him.
Feb 07 23:51:47 <Maddy> "Man…imagine if we'd know about the Taniwha before we went to the desal? We'dave died fo thirst by now."
Feb 07 23:52:29 <MonkeyBomb> "Heh…"
Feb 07 23:53:15 <MonkeyBomb> He looks over at Jani. "Did you see the gear these people have? I wonder where they got it all."
Feb 07 23:53:48 <Maddy> "Probaby some kinda…what do you yanks call it, SWAT? Some kind of task force maybe?"
Feb 07 23:54:32 <MonkeyBomb> "Yeah."
Feb 07 23:55:25 <Maddy> "Seem nice enough folks though."
Feb 07 23:55:40 <MonkeyBomb> He fiddles with his handcuffs. "If you say so."
Feb 07 23:55:52 <Maddy> "Hey, they didn't shoot us out the sky."
Feb 07 23:56:01 <MonkeyBomb> "True."
Feb 07 23:57:00 <Echo> Nearly fifteen minutes later, the Shrewsbury returns.
Feb 07 23:57:54 <Echo> He closes the door behind him a little more forcefully this time and clears his throat, staring at the floor and thinking
Feb 07 23:58:06 <MonkeyBomb> "…"
Feb 07 23:58:13 <Maddy> jani waits
Feb 07 23:59:19 <Echo> After a long moment, he finally looks up at the two of them. "Where exactly in Tinwald has your little element taken up?"
Feb 08 00:00:04 <Maddy> "By the post office. Using a few houses nd the office propper."
Feb 08 00:00:26 <MonkeyBomb> Brock hopes it wasn't a bad idea to tell them this…
Feb 08 00:00:57 <Echo> "You said the plant's in operating condition. How'd you come to that conclusion?"
Feb 08 00:01:43 <Maddy> "One of our members is an engineer of some variety, he and I poked around for the better portion of last weekend."
Feb 08 00:02:41 <Maddy> "Someone would have to stay there, you know, keep an eye out, but I know we have a few people who'd keep it running."
Feb 08 00:04:05 <Echo> "We've got some public service sorts. And we'd like to ensure this evaluation's correct."
Feb 08 00:04:34 <Maddy> "Hell, you're more than welcome to poke around too. This is to everyone's benifit really."
Feb 08 00:05:52 <Echo> "You understand my position. We… are going to give you a means of communication with our security forces. When your group's prepared to assist in a walk through the facility… you'll advise us of a time and location to rendezvous."
Feb 08 00:06:05 <Echo> It's not a question.
Feb 08 00:06:19 <Maddy> "Cool."
Feb 08 00:06:28 <MonkeyBomb> He nods.
Feb 08 00:06:53 <Echo> "In the meantime, we're going to take the risk of trusting your little outfit. Power'll be routed over within the hour, soon as we can ascertain the grid.."
Feb 08 00:07:15 <MonkeyBomb> Brock is genuinely surprised.
Feb 08 00:07:24 <Echo> He reaches back, rapping on the doors. "There's one more thing before you leave."
Feb 08 00:07:37 <Maddy> "I'm sure, having been living out here since shit whent sideways, you understand how much we apreciate that."
Feb 08 00:07:51 <Echo> The door opens, and a police officer enters, carrying an M4.
Feb 08 00:07:56 <Maddy> She listens.
Feb 08 00:08:54 <Echo> Another comes in behind him, holding the black hoods. This one places them over Jani and Brock's heads. "I have something I'd like you to take a look at."
Feb 08 00:09:45 <Maddy> "Can do.'
Feb 08 00:10:22 <MonkeyBomb> "Kind of hard to look at anything with these hoods on, Chief." He doesn't say it in a disrespectful manner.
Feb 08 00:10:38 <Maddy> "Har har, Brock." jani chuckles
Feb 08 00:11:01 <Echo> He doesn't respond to that last bit. They're pulled to their feet and led through the station, eventually hitting what must be a wheelchair exit. The descend down a shallow concrete incline, now outside once more.
Feb 08 00:12:33 <Echo> After walking for what seems like several minutes, they're pulled back inside, and the hoods removed. The two are standing in what looks to be… an examination room? It looks sterile enough. Tile floors, white walls, gurneys set apart in the middle of the room, some lights above them.
Feb 08 00:12:36 <Echo> Perception
Feb 08 00:12:44 <Maddy> 4df+3 Come on eyes.
Feb 08 00:12:45 <CROM> Maddy: Come on eyes.: 2 (4df+3=0, -, 0, 0)
Feb 08 00:12:47 <Maddy> fu
Feb 08 00:13:00 <MonkeyBomb> 4df+3 CROM PLZ
Feb 08 00:13:01 <CROM> MonkeyBomb: CROM PLZ: 4 (4df+3=-, +, 0, +)
Feb 08 00:13:44 <Echo> You've both probably seen enough to realize this is a morgue. At the furthest table back is an irregularly shaped mass under a white plastic tarp. It smells… oddly in here.
Feb 08 00:15:05 <MonkeyBomb> He sniffs, unsure of how to identify the smell.
Feb 08 00:15:13 <Echo> A few moments after they're brought in, a youngish-looking guy in scrubs and rocking a fairly ludicrous fauxhawk comes in through the door they entered in. "So, you're the folks out in Tinwald, huh?"
Feb 08 00:15:27 <Maddy> "Yeah, that's us."
Feb 08 00:15:36 <MonkeyBomb> "Yep."
Feb 08 00:16:34 <Echo> The police officers escorting them usher the two of them over toward the table, the Chief following, just alongside Jani. The… coroner? Yeah, he's probably a coroner, grabs the edges of the tarp, and yanks it clear of the table.
Feb 08 00:19:03 <Echo> Sitting on top of the gurney is what looks like some sort of nightmarish flying insect. It's nearly two meters long, and covered in a dark, sickly iridescent chitin. Its six limbs end in barbs, and a wicked-looking stinger protrudes nearly half a meter from the rear of its abdomen. It lays on its left side, and is nearly a meter wide.
Feb 08 00:19:53 <MonkeyBomb> "What… The… *fuck*"
Feb 08 00:20:14 <Maddy> "Oh…is this…from Australia?"
Feb 08 00:20:29 <Echo> Its head hosts two horizontally oriented pincers of some sort, that look like they'd scissor against each other. The eyes, one on each side of its head, are a dull, lifeless-looking red. The mouth… looks almost skeletal, formed like a bird's beak.
Feb 08 00:20:46 <MonkeyBomb> "Where the hell did this thing come from?"
Feb 08 00:21:26 <Echo> Several large pieces of its exoskeleton are torn away, and deep gouges cut into the thing's body. Looks like claw marks. Whatever killed it killed it biolently.
Feb 08 00:21:27 <Echo> v
Feb 08 00:22:03 <Echo> "We don't know. And one of the patrol officers figured you might have seen one. We picked it up on the western part of town about a week ago."
Feb 08 00:23:07 <Maddy> "One of the guys who originally game to evac us mentioned there being an infestation of something like this in Auz, which led to them glassing the outback." seh shivers. "I guess some got away."
Feb 08 00:23:22 <MonkeyBomb> Brock peers at the abomination. "Jesus."
Feb 08 00:23:52 <MonkeyBomb> "What killed it?"
Feb 08 00:24:17 <Maddy> "Taniwha, hopefully."
Feb 08 00:25:49 <Echo> "We found it torn apart on the outskirts, toward the river."
Feb 08 00:26:43 <Maddy> "Yeah, sounds like them then. That at least means we might have someting already hunting whateer the fuck this thing is, but thanks for showing us. Something to keep an eye out for."
Feb 08 00:27:08 <MonkeyBomb> He shivers at the thought of one of these things flying around…
Feb 08 00:27:12 <Echo> The chief speaks again. "So, I take it you haven't seen these, then."
Feb 08 00:27:25 <MonkeyBomb> "Thankfully, no."
Feb 08 00:28:01 <Echo> The coroner carefully lifts a flap on the thing's back. "You might want to step back."
Feb 08 00:28:30 <MonkeyBomb> He takes a couple steps back.
Feb 08 00:28:57 <Maddy> Jani does too
Feb 08 00:29:06 <Echo> Slowly, slowly he lifts it. After prying it up a few inches, it pops up violently, and a membranous wing nearly three meters long splays out to the side of the thing, jutting up against the ceiling.
Feb 08 00:29:45 <MonkeyBomb> "Man, this just ruined my whole day…"
Feb 08 00:30:12 <MonkeyBomb> "I fucking /hate/ bugs."
Feb 08 00:31:58 <Maddy> "I don't hate them, but I dont like this thing."
Feb 08 00:36:42 <Echo> "Well…"
Feb 08 00:36:47 <Echo> "If that's it…"
Feb 08 00:36:56 <Echo> The hoods go back over their heads
Feb 08 00:37:10 <MonkeyBomb> At least he doesn't have to look at that thing any more.
Feb 08 00:37:16 <Maddy> Jani sighs.
Feb 08 00:37:17 <Echo> They're led back outside, and to the truck they came in on.
Feb 08 00:37:41 <Echo> After being helped back up, the thing shuttles off back to the barricade. To AAM!

Feb 08 00:38:30 <MonkeyBomb> Ace perks up.
Feb 08 00:38:54 <Maddy> Jani rides along with the stpid bag on her head.
Feb 08 00:40:47 <Echo> The truck stops short of the anti-vehicle barricades, and their hoods and cuffs are removed.
Feb 08 00:41:02 <Echo> The fire's burned down. Mitchell stands near by it
Feb 08 00:41:09 <Maddy> "Thanks again, guys. We'll be in touch, yeah?"
Feb 08 00:41:29 <MonkeyBomb> Ace jumps to his feet, pointing his nose straight towards Brock and the truck.
Feb 08 00:41:51 <MonkeyBomb> Brock doesn't say anything to the dudes.
Feb 08 00:42:25 <Echo> One of them unclips a radio from his belt and tosses it down to Jani.
Feb 08 00:42:33 <Echo> Handheld unit.
Feb 08 00:43:04 <Maddy> She catches it, holding onto it till she gets to her backpack
Feb 08 00:44:03 <MonkeyBomb> As Brock starts heading back to their truck, Ace literally BOLTS away towards him. Fastest dog you've ever seen.
Feb 08 00:44:23 <Maddy> Jani waves one last time and heads for the truck to
Feb 08 00:44:24 <Maddy> o
Feb 08 00:44:33 <MonkeyBomb> Needless to say, the dog is happy once more. He's running around Brock and bouncing up and down in joy.
Feb 08 00:44:49 <MonkeyBomb> Brock laughs, and calms Ace down, rubbing him between the ears. "Hey, bud."
Feb 08 00:44:56 <MonkeyBomb> *WAGWAGWAG*
Feb 08 00:46:28 <Maddy> "Alright, lets get home?"
Feb 08 00:47:32 * E4D (ten.knilneddus.hd.avnbsa.16BC9012-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.knilneddus.hd.avnbsa.16BC9012-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
Feb 08 00:47:32 * ChanServ sets mode +q #afteractionmission E4D
Feb 08 00:47:32 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to E4D
Feb 08 00:47:40 <E4D> Post anything after my last
Feb 08 00:47:40 * Echo has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Feb 08 00:47:48 * E4D is now known as Echo
Feb 08 00:47:48 * Notify: E4D is offline (SCP and Related Channels).
Feb 08 00:47:48 * Notify: Echo is online (SCP and Related Channels).
Feb 08 00:48:16 * MonkeyBomb has quit (Quit: The clawwwwwwwww! The claw is our master. The claw chooses who will go and who will stay. The claw, it moves. I have been chosen! Farewell, my friends; I go on to a better place.)
Feb 08 00:49:47 <Echo> Mitchell tosses his hands out to the side. "You had us worried."
Feb 08 00:50:05 <Echo> The Ashburtoners' truck speeds off back into their little enclave.
Feb 08 00:50:20 <Maddy> "We're fine. Just had a talk…however they showed us something pretty disturbing.."
Feb 08 00:51:07 * Tehpillowstar (PI.5A896016.467616F2.8D4229E3|tibbiM#PI.5A896016.467616F2.8D4229E3|tibbiM) has joined #afteractionmission
Feb 08 00:53:07 <Echo> "… Yeaahhh?
Feb 08 00:53:08 <Echo> "
Feb 08 00:54:11 <Maddy> "Well, they had this bug with a big fuck off stinger, and a wingspan of about 3 metres."
Feb 08 00:54:31 <Echo> "…"
Feb 08 00:55:56 <Maddy> "Yeah. Good news is, looks like the Taniwha don't like them, so we might be ok if there's more lizards than bugs. Other good news, we got power."
Feb 08 00:58:14 <Echo> "Did it have like, uh…"
Feb 08 00:58:39 <Echo> Mitchell puts his index fingers up on the sides of his mouth, waggling them sideways.
Feb 08 00:58:49 <Echo> "Those fuckin' things?"
Feb 08 00:58:59 <Maddy> "Yeah."
Feb 08 00:59:56 <Echo> "Fuck me runnin'…" He drops his hands to his sides, and starts back toward the truck.
Feb 08 01:01:56 <Maddy> Jani gets in and starts it up. "They wanna walk through of the plant before they'll power it, but after that, we'll have water to."
Feb 08 01:03:50 <Echo> "Wanna tell us all about it back at the houses?"
Feb 08 01:06:35 <Maddy> "Sure." she starts driving.
Feb 08 01:07:06 <Tehpillowstar> Adelaide is kinda snoozing in the back.
Feb 08 01:13:37 <Maddy> And home they go