Weaving the Universe

Dec 10 22:58:59 <Artemis> A brief blackness, and then striking cold. The four companions open their eyes and all see the same thing from the same point of view: http://i.imgur.com/YaKoE.jpg
Dec 10 22:58:59 <Artemis> This image seems to be a stillframe for a long moment, before the wind cuts across their bodies and snow flurries whiz past their eyes. The scene comes alive in pieces, but soon becomes something far more real than Adhelami's dreams ever were.
Dec 10 22:58:59 <Artemis> Artemis looks around, now wearing his mask and over robe, standing in foot-deep snow. The four of them are on a high bluff overlooking the curious village, just beside a barely-visible stone road that loops around and to the village proper.
Dec 10 23:00:20 <Maddy> Alice checks her suit seals and looks around.
Dec 10 23:00:58 <E4D> <Mother *fuck*.>
Dec 10 23:01:13 <Artemis> Everyone seems to be wearing their expected gear, though Artemis can't find his guns.
Dec 10 23:02:37 <Dexanote> Myr shivers, arms crossing and hands jammed under her arms. FFFF cold. Doesn't help she was wearing a tank top and urban camo pants again.
Dec 10 23:03:42 <E4D> <This is why it pays not to dress like Sarah Conner.>
Dec 10 23:03:54 <Artemis> It's cold, but there isn't a distinct sense that you'll freeze if you stay out there too long without protection. Artemis overlooks the village and turns to the others. "I sink this her village… or… near it… I don't know."
Dec 10 23:04:28 <E4D> Jason takes a few steps forward, looking around. <Well, fuck it. We'd better get to shelter. You guys ain't gonna fare too well out here.>
Dec 10 23:04:37 <Maddy> <Here.> Alice tosses Myr her cammy jacket.
Dec 10 23:04:40 <E4D> He steps up, weapon up.
Dec 10 23:05:28 <Dexanote> "Th-anks." Equip: jacket.
Dec 10 23:05:55 <Dexanote> 4df+4 She takes a deep breath and tries to get in an inconspicuous position.
Dec 10 23:05:56 <Glacon> Dexanote: She takes a deep breath and tries to get in an inconspicuous position.: 5 (4df+4=-, +, 0, +)
Dec 10 23:06:29 <Artemis> Up there in the distance, the large, temple-like building at the peak of the village is illuminated with sunlight. "Zhere," Artemis says. "We need to go zhere."
Dec 10 23:06:41 <E4D> <Well let's go there.>
Dec 10 23:07:39 <Dexanote> Myr starts off, hands as deep in her pockets as they'll go.
Dec 10 23:07:51 <Maddy> Alice nods, readying her gahn!
Dec 10 23:08:10 <E4D> <Noveria…>
Dec 10 23:08:30 <Maddy> <Hehehehe, I w-wish I had that n-nifty gun Pete has…>
Dec 10 23:08:46 <E4D> Jason jogs up a little ways, taking point. <Gimme a staggered column.>
Dec 10 23:08:56 <Maddy> <R-roger.>
Dec 10 23:10:24 <Artemis> The village is empty and quiet. Lights are lit in the simple cottages but nothing can bee seen inside. The ice cold stream cutting through the village that runs under the bridge they walk over is entirely still, though it certainly must have been a fast-running river if it wasn't frozen. They're walking in a still-frame.
Dec 10 23:10:24 <Artemis> "I don't sink Adyelami has ever been here…"
Dec 10 23:11:19 <Maddy> <Hmm…>
Dec 10 23:13:58 * Dr_Kens (~ude.sregtur.2AFC5C6B-CRInys|alliztahc#ude.sregtur.2AFC5C6B-CRInys|alliztahc) has joined #afteractionmission
Dec 10 23:14:05 <Dexanote> "What makes you say that?"
Dec 10 23:14:24 <Dexanote> she whispers this in his ear, before slinking back and away.
Dec 10 23:16:14 <Artemis> "Her village was next to a lake in a valley, not on a mountain side…"
Dec 10 23:16:14 <Artemis> Hustling along, I'm sure, the group trudges up the harsh mountain side to the temple. Yes. This seems right. As they near the winds stop, and the cold doesn't sting anymore. Ornate stone archways and pillars decorate a little courtyard that lead to huge double doors made from a dark, opaque stone that doesn't fit any of the other architecture they've seen.
Dec 10 23:17:20 <E4D> <So what the fuck is this place, Artie?>
Dec 10 23:17:39 <Maddy> <It's beautiful, w-whatever it is.>
Dec 10 23:17:46 <Artemis> "I've no idea," he admits, looking up at the doors.
Dec 10 23:18:42 <E4D> <*Are* *you* *aaa* *Gooood*?>
Dec 10 23:18:51 <Maddy> <…>
Dec 10 23:19:13 <Dexanote> you can FEEL the facepalm.
Dec 10 23:20:26 <E4D> He's immune to the feelin'. Professionals have *standards*.
Dec 10 23:22:56 <E4D> He walks up to the stone and glances back at Alice. <Should I pull a Linda?>
Dec 10 23:23:24 <Maddy> <…I don't know…>
Dec 10 23:23:35 <Artemis> Artemis glances at Jason, then walks into the courtyard through the little frozen gate, approaches the huge doors, which open inwardly with an ominously-creaky-door stereotype that does -not- fit huge stone doors of unknown material. They open to what seems to be part of a circular hall way goes either direction.
Dec 10 23:23:35 <Artemis> http://inhabitat.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2010/10/new-66.jpg
Dec 10 23:24:26 <Maddy> <Oooh…>
Dec 10 23:24:31 <Artemis> The walls are coated with lush grass and dotted with periodic stone doors.
Dec 10 23:24:45 <Dexanote> temperature inside?
Dec 10 23:25:13 <Artemis> No temperature. It's comfortable.
Dec 10 23:25:27 <E4D> <I would say fan out, but who knows how fuckin' far each side goes? Artie, me and you up front, clear the rooms as we pass? Just pick a direction?>
Dec 10 23:27:21 <Artemis> Artemis nods and moves along quietly down the left side, moving to the first door on the outer wall. He places a hand on the simple handle, keeping beside the entryway, and nods to Jason. DYNAMIC ENTRY TIME.
Dec 10 23:28:38 <E4D> Jason nods, and steps in, weapon up, going left.
Dec 10 23:30:08 <lilah> It feels a little more humid around this area…
Dec 10 23:31:02 <Artemis> Artemis follows Jason inside, going right. They are suddenly in the Hawkesbury's little kitchen. There are little french butter cookies -everywhere-. On the floor, the counters, all the shelves, everywhere… copious, gratuitous amounts of cookies.
Dec 10 23:31:31 <Dexanote> Myrtle's right in front, behind a shroud of +5 Stealth
Dec 10 23:31:32 <Maddy> <There w-was a room in the Hous like this…>
Dec 10 23:31:41 <Maddy> <Except it w-was oreos.>
Dec 10 23:31:50 <Maddy> <T-then they t-tried to eat us.>
Dec 10 23:32:33 <E4D> He lowers the rifle after checking his area of responsibility, momentarily taken aback.
Dec 10 23:32:55 <E4D> <Uhhhh… all right, let's keep movin'. Keep an eye out for the Cookie Monster.>
Dec 10 23:33:13 <Artemis> "Ah.. I sink zese are important things… for her I mean. Zhey made her have zhe last dream we went into. Very profound for Adyelami, zhese sahbluh."
Dec 10 23:34:37 <lilah> They are Artemis' favorite cookies— and they taste awesome.
Dec 10 23:35:22 <Artemis> Artemis steps out and stalks down the hall to the next door. Same as last time, he leans over and opens the door for Jason to enter, following suit.
Dec 10 23:35:30 <Maddy> Alice nods. <Righto.>
Dec 10 23:37:17 * Tox1 is now known as Tox
Dec 10 23:39:11 <Dexanote> Myr goes a bit ahead, looking at how far it goes.
Dec 10 23:39:15 <Artemis> This next room is insubstantial. No walls or boundaries, just blurry whiteness. In the center is Adhelami sitting in a comfortable-looking chair, clutching her belly that is rather obviously swollen with child. Her face is a blank mask the color of her skin. Artemis blanches, not wearing the mask suddenly.
Dec 10 23:41:05 <E4D> <… Huh.>
Dec 10 23:41:45 <Maddy> <…awww.> Alice sounds a little sad.
Dec 10 23:41:50 <Artemis> "Ah… well…." Artemis stares for a moment and steps outside.
Dec 10 23:41:54 <Dexanote> Myr returns, looks in the room, and doubles back to the hall.
Dec 10 23:44:19 <Artemis> Artemis moves up to the next door. This far down the hall, they can see another, different door approximately opposite the huge doors they entered through in the circle. "Last one," he says to Jason.
Dec 10 23:44:38 * MisterFlames has quit (Ping timeout)
Dec 10 23:46:59 <lilah> Myrtle hears a kind of murmur, an echo from very very far away, it seems. But she can't make much of it.
Dec 10 23:47:40 <Maddy> Alice has all of the poutyface behind her mask now.
Dec 10 23:48:03 <Dexanote> "Did you hear that?"
Dec 10 23:48:09 <E4D> He follows behind Artemis. <Right behind ya.>
Dec 10 23:49:28 * MisterFlames (~ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.6E7591CF-CRInys|SD#ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.6E7591CF-CRInys|SD) has joined #afteractionmission
Dec 10 23:49:29 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to MisterFlames
Dec 10 23:49:30 <Maddy> <Hear w-what?>
Dec 10 23:50:50 <Artemis> Art opens the door and moves in behind Jason… right into a cozy-looking cottage, probably very similar to the ones they passed on the mountain side. A venerable old woman seated by a fiery hearth leans forward in a rocking chair, presenting a folded cloth to a young, grey-haired, bright-eyed girl. There isn't any sound, oddly enough.
Dec 10 23:52:24 <E4D> <Ma'am?>
Dec 10 23:52:25 <Maddy> Alice looks in curiously.
Dec 10 23:55:03 * Tox|Laptop (~ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.E8DA9C62-CRInys|norcimO#ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.E8DA9C62-CRInys|norcimO) has joined #afteractionmission
Dec 10 23:55:50 <Artemis> No response. The little girl takes the bundle and opens it, revealing some sort of tool set with glittering metal instruments. So shiny.
Dec 10 23:56:14 <E4D> Jason peers at the objects. What are they? Can he even tell?
Dec 10 23:57:30 <Artemis> With a closer inspection, and a note of the many bundles of threads, textiles and knitted things aroudn the cozy home, they're large needles for such things. Very ornate looking, too.
Dec 10 23:57:53 <Artemis> Alice, your earlobe throbs with pressure.
Dec 10 23:58:55 <lilah> Roll perception Alice. 7 check, kind of high…
Dec 10 23:58:59 <Artemis> Slight pressure. It's warm.
Dec 10 23:58:59 <Maddy> 4df+4
Dec 10 23:58:59 <Glacon> Maddy: 6 (4df+4=+, +, -, +)
Dec 10 23:59:07 <Maddy> Nope
Dec 10 23:59:47 <Artemis> She thinks maybe it might be a periodic and deliberate pressure, but it's too late to discern it.
Dec 11 00:00:13 * Nioki_AWAY is now known as Nioki
Dec 11 00:00:17 <Maddy> She tries to bat at her ear, but she's wearing a helmet
Dec 11 00:03:24 <Artemis> The little girl seems very delighted! Chatting with her grandmother very happily, though no sound can be heard.
Dec 11 00:03:24 <E4D> <What's up, hun?>
Dec 11 00:03:33 <lilah> Suddenly, little Adhelami looks up at them, stopping her conversation…
Dec 11 00:03:57 <Maddy> <Nothing, my e-ear felt weird. S'gone now.
Dec 11 00:04:06 <lilah> She blinks, and slowly stands, moving her little legs to carry herself over to the group, "…Dahnel?" Her squeaky little voice asks.
Dec 11 00:06:30 <Maddy> Alice smiles, not that you can tell. <Dah- Vehn Adhelami.> She's a little distracted with a weird feeling in her forehead.
Dec 11 00:06:42 <E4D> Jason looks over at Artemis.
Dec 11 00:06:53 <Artemis> Artemis blinks and looks down at the girl. "Ah… h-… hello?" Blatant surprise etched across his face.
Dec 11 00:07:22 <lilah> She then suddenly raises the ornate needles to him, in what seems like an offering…
Dec 11 00:07:44 <E4D> He turns from the group, stepping back to the doorway, looking back down the circular passage.
Dec 11 00:07:55 <lilah> "Keep them safe, please Dahnel. Ok? They are really important…"
Dec 11 00:09:15 <Artemis> Artemis' brow lifts higher, "oh.. o-okay…" he nods, taking the bundle gently. "I.. I promise. Zhey will be safe."
Dec 11 00:10:37 <E4D> <Should we be moving? This probably isn't where we need to be.>
Dec 11 00:10:50 <lilah> "Really??" She smiles brightly, "Don't let him get them."
Dec 11 00:10:58 <lilah> She turns and walks back toward her grandmother.
Dec 11 00:13:05 <Maddy> <Whooooo boy…>
Dec 11 00:13:25 <Artemis> "Ah… yes.. i sink… yes, we should go now." Artemis leaves the room, tucking the cloth bundle into his cloak pocket. he skips the next door and goes straight to the interesting-looking archway at the uh… 'end' of the circle, opposite from whence they came. He nods at Jason to take lead before going in.
Dec 11 00:13:38 <Dexanote> Myr whispers in Art's ear.
Dec 11 00:14:02 <E4D> Jason starts back down toward where they came in through the black stone doors.
Dec 11 00:14:11 <Artemis> Artemis nods at Myrtle and slips her the cloth bundle.
Dec 11 00:14:45 <Dexanote> She takes it in her coat, and glides to the rear-middle of the group.
Dec 11 00:16:10 <Artemis> The circle hall seems to be more like a big C, with the ends of the corridor leading into a very large cavern.
Dec 11 00:16:26 * Nusquam has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Dec 11 00:17:12 <Maddy> <Guh…> Alice bats at her helmet again.
Dec 11 00:19:58 <lilah> As the group enters the huge, circular room with dark, marble-like floors. The outer sections being black, and the inner circle a sparkling white. The walls around them seem to blur into nothingness. But, far before them is a large metal door, with symbols matching that of the symbols which were imprinted on the ornate needles.
Dec 11 00:19:58 <lilah> However, standing before the door is Artemis— a faceless Artemis in shadowing cloaks. He stands with silence.
Dec 11 00:20:50 <Artemis> Artemis stares at his doppelganger with caution. "What is zis."
Dec 11 00:20:54 <Maddy> <…>
Dec 11 00:20:58 <E4D> 4df+4 Perception to ranged. Jason's weapon comes up, aiming dead at the figure.
Dec 11 00:20:59 <Glacon> E4D: Perception to ranged. Jason's weapon comes up, aiming dead at the figure.: 8 (4df+4=+, +, +, +)
Dec 11 00:21:08 <Artemis> Have a +3 Jason.
Dec 11 00:21:20 <E4D> *5
Dec 11 00:21:35 <Artemis> Even so.
Dec 11 00:24:45 <lilah> "If you have come to wish harm upon this place…." His voice is like Artemis', but filled with so many other layers, "Then you will be destroyed. But, if your intentions are pure, then fate is with you."
Dec 11 00:25:10 <E4D> The weapon doesn't move. <We're just tryin' to fix things.>
Dec 11 00:25:56 <Maddy> Alice stands ready, but isn't aiming just yet
Dec 11 00:26:00 <Artemis> Artemis both does and does not like the sound of that warning. He clutches the weapon held at his side and exchanges a glance with Jason.
Dec 11 00:27:48 <E4D> <You want us to be able to do what we came to do, you should step out of our way.>
Dec 11 00:29:19 * Tox has quit (Ping timeout)
Dec 11 00:29:35 * Tox|Laptop has quit (Ping timeout)
Dec 11 00:30:03 * Dexanote is now known as Dexa
Dec 11 00:32:01 <Artemis> The guardian steps back, speaking again in those deep, layered tones that sound only vaguely of Artemis. "The divine piece is protected. Only the worthy will pass." The boundaries of the chamber seem to fade away into nothingness, and the circular floor jerks and shakes. The ground they stand on starts to crumble with stoney cracks, though the inner, white circle remains whole.
Dec 11 00:33:21 <Maddy> <…>
Dec 11 00:33:39 <Dexa> Myrtle slides over to the white circle, tugging Alice as she goes.
Dec 11 00:33:46 <Maddy> Alice goes!
Dec 11 00:33:49 <Dexa> she doesn't PULL her, just a tug to go
Dec 11 00:33:59 <Maddy> This is all quite strange.
Dec 11 00:34:12 <E4D> Jason moves with her, keeping close.
Dec 11 00:34:34 <Artemis> Artemis hurries to the inner circle as the outer floor falls away into nothingness. Everyone, athletics.
Dec 11 00:34:36 <E4D> <We need to find him, Artemis. We need *focus*.>
Dec 11 00:34:39 <Artemis> 4df+3
Dec 11 00:34:40 <Glacon> Artemis: : 2 (4df+3=+, -, -, 0)
Dec 11 00:34:48 <E4D> 4df+4
Dec 11 00:34:49 <Glacon> E4D: 2 (4df+4=-, 0, -, 0)
Dec 11 00:35:25 <Maddy> 4df+6 Suit power a go go
Dec 11 00:35:25 <Glacon> Maddy: Suit power a go go: 5 (4df+6=-, +, -, 0)
Dec 11 00:35:32 <Dexa> 4df
Dec 11 00:35:33 <Glacon> Dexa: -1 (4df=-, 0, 0, 0)
Dec 11 00:36:40 <Dexa> Myrtle stumbles!
Dec 11 00:41:19 <Artemis> The terrain is difficult. Artemis and Jason stumble a bit as chunks in the floor fall away. Myrtle is rather unfortunate and her foot steps onto a piece the falls away right under her, causing her to fall half-way into… well, it looks like oblivion down there.
Dec 11 00:41:47 * Dawny is now known as DawnyPickingPeopleUp
Dec 11 00:41:50 <Dexa> She drops shroud, trying to scramble up. "Agh- Help!:
Dec 11 00:41:52 <Dexa> "
Dec 11 00:43:00 <E4D> Jason reaches back to grab at her hand. Athletics?
Dec 11 00:43:10 <Maddy> Alice turns as well! D:
Dec 11 00:43:39 <Artemis> Jason, yes
Dec 11 00:44:07 <E4D> 4df+4 Grab!
Dec 11 00:44:08 <Glacon> E4D: Grab!: 5 (4df+4=0, -, +, +)
Dec 11 00:47:46 <Artemis> No problem, Jason takes a firm grip on Myrtle's arm and hauls her away before the floor disintegrates beneath them. The white circle is much more stable. One moment, fuck.
Dec 11 00:50:04 <E4D> He holds on to her for a second, making sure she's got a solid stance. <You call me Doctah Jones!>
Dec 11 00:51:33 <Dexa> "Thank you Jason." Myr clutches the needle pack. Breathing heavily, she looks around, at Not-Artemis. She's lost her glasses.
Dec 11 00:51:42 <Maddy> <…> mental facepalm
Dec 11 00:56:10 <lilah> *Are you there??* Adhelami's voice, *Is everyone alright??*
Dec 11 00:56:20 <lilah> The needles are talking!
Dec 11 00:56:34 <Maddy> <Adhelami? W-what? Ahhhh!> Alice is confuse!
Dec 11 00:57:02 <Dexa> Myr holds them like a radio. "Yeah, we're alright. I almost fell into nothingness but Jason saved me." Wink @ Jason
Dec 11 00:58:45 <E4D> <Adhelami? We could sure use some direction here. What are we in here for? What do we need to do?>
Dec 11 00:59:12 <Artemis> one moment
Dec 11 01:05:22 <Artemis> Not-Artemis is just standing there by the very important-looking door. A point of bright grows to life above the center of the white circle, and from it forms pieces of bright, shining metal, snapping into place from the top down.
Dec 11 01:05:22 <Artemis> The figure is an alien body comprised of a golden metallic surface. It's torso is slender and small, and many long, slender limbs branch off from it: four arms, precisely, and two very tall legs. Its neck swoops forward, capped with a little head and a sheer metal face with two golden points of light for eyes. Actually, it kinda looks like Art's mask, only golden and shiny.
Dec 11 01:05:22 <Artemis> It's tall, maybe ten or twelve feet. It screeches melodically in a strange, alien voice, layered many times over, and light blossoms in curved lines from its featureless 'hands', forming what are probably weapons.
Dec 11 01:05:30 <Artemis> — combat line
Dec 11 01:06:02 <Artemis> Jason, Myrtle, Artemis, Alice, Sentinal
Dec 11 01:06:13 <Dexa> sentinel
Dec 11 01:06:24 <Artemis> Yes, el, not al.
Dec 11 01:06:49 <lilah> *"T-The vault! There is a guardian! Please go there!!"*
Dec 11 01:07:20 <Artemis> Artemis starts to fan out away from the others for flanking purposes.
Dec 11 01:07:23 <lilah> *You must set the needles into the vault if you can!*
Dec 11 01:07:53 <E4D> 4df+8 Jason raises the massive assault weapon and unleashes a bolt at the dead center of the tiny head.
Dec 11 01:07:53 <Glacon> E4D: Jason raises the massive assault weapon and unleashes a bolt at the dead center of the tiny head.: 7 (4df+8=0, -, -, +)
Dec 11 01:08:07 <Maddy> <Got it, Vhen.>
Dec 11 01:08:29 <E4D> <GO!>
Dec 11 01:09:39 <Artemis> 4df+7 "SCREeeEEEeEEEeeeee," it cries.
Dec 11 01:09:40 <Glacon> Artemis: "SCREeeEEEeEEEeeeee," it cries.: 6 (4df+7=-, +, 0, -)
Dec 11 01:09:51 <Dexa> Myrtle flinches at the gunshot, mentally noting to expect loud noises. She darts around, turning on the ball of her foot, pulling her hair out of her face, trying to get in an inconspicuous form.
Dec 11 01:10:20 <Dexa> 4df+6 Stealth, tagging Ghost In The Machine, which I presume I have. Feel free to bump -2 if I don't.
Dec 11 01:10:20 <Glacon> Dexa: Stealth, tagging Ghost In The Machine, which I presume I have. Feel free to bump -2 if I don't.: 5 (4df+6=0, -, -, +)
Dec 11 01:11:54 <Artemis> It reels back as Jason's bullet slams into its face plate, warping it grotesquely. Myrtle does not, in fact, so she's doing a Good job slinking about.
Dec 11 01:12:33 <Artemis> Artemis circles around the creature and comes back in at an angle of the Sentinel's flank.
Dec 11 01:12:55 <E4D> Jason backs away as far as he can, clearing a line of fire as he cycles the action of the bow.
Dec 11 01:12:56 <Artemis> 4df+5 Melee clashing!
Dec 11 01:12:56 <Glacon> Artemis: Melee clashing!: 5 (4df+5=+, 0, 0, -)
Dec 11 01:13:14 <Artemis> 5df+7 Sentinel Defense
Dec 11 01:13:15 <Glacon> Artemis: Sentinel Defense: 6 (5df+7=0, +, -, -, 0)
Dec 11 01:13:23 <E4D> <ALICE! LAY INTO THAT MOTHERFUCKER!>
Dec 11 01:13:34 <Artemis> Artemis finds out very astutely that the Sentinel is not so easily flanked.
Dec 11 01:14:03 * Ragazzo has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Dec 11 01:14:08 <Maddy> 4df+4 raises her shrike, infact, laying into that motherfucker.
Dec 11 01:14:09 <Glacon> Maddy: raises her shrike, infact, laying into that motherfucker.: 4 (4df+4=+, -, -, +)
Dec 11 01:14:41 <Artemis> 4df+7 Motherfucker Defense
Dec 11 01:14:41 <Glacon> Artemis: Motherfucker Defense: 7 (4df+7=0, 0, +, -)
Dec 11 01:17:24 <Artemis> The alien creature shrieks in its sing-song voice, whirling about and denying Alice her offensive. Those long arms flash out with eerie coordination. Every, PDef.
Dec 11 01:17:30 <Artemis> Everyone, too
Dec 11 01:18:11 <Dexa> 4df+2 "Agk-"
Dec 11 01:18:12 <Glacon> Dexa: "Agk-": 5 (4df+2=+, +, +, 0)
Dec 11 01:18:15 <E4D> 4df+7 AP. Jason drops to a kneeling stance, locking the suit and raising his weapon to block.
Dec 11 01:18:15 <Glacon> E4D: AP. Jason drops to a kneeling stance, locking the suit and raising his weapon to block.: 8 (4df+7=+, +, 0, -)
Dec 11 01:18:18 <Maddy> 4df+6 Alice hardens her suit, crouching and getting smaller.
Dec 11 01:18:18 <Glacon> Maddy: Alice hardens her suit, crouching and getting smaller.: 7 (4df+6=+, -, +, 0)
Dec 11 01:18:34 <Dexa> Myrtle slinks and dives.
Dec 11 01:19:05 <Artemis> 4df+5 Artemis
Dec 11 01:19:06 <Glacon> Artemis: Artemis: 5 (4df+5=-, +, +, -)
Dec 11 01:20:01 <Artemis> 4df+7 Divine Coordination
Dec 11 01:20:02 <Glacon> Artemis: Divine Coordination: 7 (4df+7=-, +, 0, 0)
Dec 11 01:20:27 <Artemis> Actually, Myrtle, roll 1d6+3
Dec 11 01:20:35 <Dexa> 1d6+3
Dec 11 01:20:35 <Glacon> Dexa: 9 (1d6+3=6)
Dec 11 01:20:41 <Dexa> kayyy
Dec 11 01:21:55 <Artemis> Artemis is too caught off guard by the unexpected assault. Ablade of light passes through him and he shouts in pain. The Dodridges collectively deny the whirling blades and Myrtle isn't targeted due to craftiness.
Dec 11 01:22:26 <Dexa> She slides, rolls, and ends up on her feet again; ninja, like a boss.
Dec 11 01:23:22 <E4D> 4df+8 >:o Tagging the perception bonus. Jason comes out of the crouch, weapon at the ready, and slams another bolt out at the head, and taking a roll to the side behind Alice as he reloads.
Dec 11 01:23:22 <Glacon> E4D: >:o Tagging the perception bonus. Jason comes out of the crouch, weapon at the ready, and slams another bolt out at the head, and taking a roll to the side behind Alice as he reloads.: 5 (4df+8=0, -, -, -)
Dec 11 01:23:43 <E4D> 4df+8 Tagging Con1 to reroll
Dec 11 01:23:43 <Glacon> E4D: Tagging Con1 to reroll: 9 (4df+8=+, -, +, 0)
Dec 11 01:25:07 <Artemis> As Artemis shouts and reels back from the hit, a bright, glowing sphere of light appears above the Sentinel, orbiting slowly in a circle like a halo.
Dec 11 01:25:11 <Artemis> 4df+7 !
Dec 11 01:25:11 <Glacon> Artemis: !: 6 (4df+7=-, 0, +, -)
Dec 11 01:25:53 <Artemis> Yeah, BANGCLONK, Jason's round blasts the plate mask again, warping it out of shape. SCREEEeeeeeEEEEe!
Dec 11 01:26:44 * DawnyPickingPeopleUp is now known as Dawny
Dec 11 01:28:36 <Artemis> Myrtle
Dec 11 01:28:55 <Dexa> Sorry, bathroom. K.
Dec 11 01:30:47 <Dexa> 4df+4 She slides to a stop, needles held between her teeth, and takes aim with both handguns. BLAM BLAM
Dec 11 01:30:48 <Glacon> Dexa: She slides to a stop, needles held between her teeth, and takes aim with both handguns. BLAM BLAM: 5 (4df+4=0, 0, +, 0)
Dec 11 01:31:14 <Dexa> She aims for its head; it wouldn't have one if it didn't need it.
Dec 11 01:31:29 <Artemis> 4df+7 SCRee?
Dec 11 01:31:29 <Glacon> Artemis: SCRee?: 5 (4df+7=-, -, 0, 0)
Dec 11 01:31:54 <Artemis> PLINK PLONK. The smaller caliber doesn't hit like Jason's does.
Dec 11 01:32:28 <Artemis> Artemis wades back in under a whirling blade and tries again.
Dec 11 01:32:35 <Artemis> 4df+7 CC
Dec 11 01:32:35 <Glacon> Artemis: CC: 7 (4df+7=-, 0, 0, +)
Dec 11 01:33:03 <Artemis> 4df+7 SCREEEEEE
Dec 11 01:33:03 <Glacon> Artemis: SCREEEEEE: 9 (4df+7=+, +, 0, 0)
Dec 11 01:34:40 <Artemis> Artemis is held at bay by two well coordinated arms. Alice.
Dec 11 01:35:53 <Maddy> 4df+4 Alice lines up another shot. pewpew.
Dec 11 01:35:53 <Glacon> Maddy: Alice lines up another shot. pewpew.: 2 (4df+4=0, -, -, 0)
Dec 11 01:37:03 <E4D> Jason tosses Alice the weapon John made. <Here, use this.>
Dec 11 01:37:42 <Artemis> Auto failure via stat difference, Scene Aspect: Universal Laws Be Damned, This Is MY Mind! - Alice can have a reroll or an AP.
Dec 11 01:38:37 <Maddy> 4df+4 Alice catches the crossbowthingy and grins a little. Eat bolt, motherfucker.
Dec 11 01:38:38 <Glacon> Maddy: Alice catches the crossbowthingy and grins a little. Eat bolt, motherfucker.: 3 (4df+4=0, -, +, -)
Dec 11 01:39:23 <Artemis> 4df+7 Dem laws are pretty legit..
Dec 11 01:39:23 <Glacon> Artemis: Dem laws are pretty legit..: 5 (4df+7=-, 0, -, 0)
Dec 11 01:40:22 <Artemis> The flailing, slender creature proves a difficult target as it whirls about, blades lashing out again in all directions. Everyone PDef.
Dec 11 01:40:27 <Artemis> 4df+5 derp
Dec 11 01:40:27 <Glacon> Artemis: derp: 5 (4df+5=-, -, +, +)
Dec 11 01:41:13 <Maddy> 4df+6 Nuuuuuuu!
Dec 11 01:41:14 <Glacon> Maddy: Nuuuuuuu!: 5 (4df+6=-, -, +, 0)
Dec 11 01:41:46 <E4D> 4df+5 Jason dives back and away.
Dec 11 01:41:46 <Glacon> E4D: Jason dives back and away.: 3 (4df+5=-, -, -, +)
Dec 11 01:41:50 <E4D> …
Dec 11 01:42:05 <Dexa> 4df+2 "Not again-
Dec 11 01:42:06 <Glacon> Dexa: "Not again-: 3 (4df+2=0, 0, +, 0)
Dec 11 01:42:09 <Dexa> 1d6+3 in case
Dec 11 01:42:09 <Glacon> Dexa: in case: 6 (1d6+3=3)
Dec 11 01:42:23 <Artemis> 4df+7 Oh dear…
Dec 11 01:42:23 <Glacon> Artemis: Oh dear…: 8 (4df+7=-, +, 0, +)
Dec 11 01:44:53 <Artemis> Myrtle sacrificed her stealth for boolet, so she is caught up in the tenacious torrent of light blades passing through the group's bodies painfully. It's like a searing heat to the core of their soul. -1 body. Four more spheres of light appear in the floating halo above the Sentinel's head.
Dec 11 01:46:15 <E4D> <What the fuck are those things?>
Dec 11 01:46:17 <Dexa> She tumbles across the floor, sliding to a stop on her side. She is still for seevral moments, before stirring and letting out a groan. Half HP.
Dec 11 01:46:49 <E4D> Jason's prepping his rifle. <Alice, can you handle her?>
Dec 11 01:47:22 <Maddy> Alice nods running over.
Dec 11 01:48:14 <Artemis> Artemis stumbles back, and looks about as good as Myrtle does, wincing greatly in anguish as the light sears him from the inside.
Dec 11 01:49:12 <E4D> Jason takes a few heavy breaths, steeling himself to move, and pushes up with the but of his rifle. <Artemis… get those where they need to be.>
Dec 11 01:49:27 <Maddy> 4df+4 Spending AP to see if there's anything she can actually do, and then doing it. Magic is not her thing.
Dec 11 01:49:28 <Glacon> Maddy: Spending AP to see if there's anything she can actually do, and then doing it. Magic is not her thing.: 6 (4df+4=0, 0, +, +)
Dec 11 01:50:22 <Artemis> Alice, those orbiting balls of light look tantalizingly interesting.
Dec 11 01:52:48 <Artemis> Jason's turn, I presume
Dec 11 01:52:55 <Maddy> <Hmmm…>
Dec 11 01:53:12 <Dexa> Myrtle tries to raise her head, supporting herself with her hands. She's not happy. "H-elp me up."
Dec 11 01:53:13 <E4D> Jason looks around for a moment, looking for what the "vault" could be.
Dec 11 01:53:25 <E4D> Describe the area again, please?
Dec 11 01:54:56 <Maddy> Alice goes to helps Myrtle, that she was before she got dstracted by perdy lights.
Dec 11 01:55:55 <Artemis> You are standing on a very wide circular floor of white stone. Plenty of room to move. On one end, there is a Not-Artemis standing calmly before a sealed grey door. Beyond the circle is blackness. There is a distinct feeling that there is literally nothing out there.
Dec 11 01:56:07 <Dexa> She's on her feet, trembling a bit.
Dec 11 01:56:23 <Artemis> Also, shrieky metal alien with five sizeable orbs of light floating about above it.
Dec 11 01:56:44 <Dexa> "I think the door's the vault. D-distracttt it."
Dec 11 01:56:52 <Dexa> She is in a good deal of pain.
Dec 11 01:57:55 <E4D> 4df+5 <… Fuck it.> Jason charges, firing his rifle at one of the orbs.
Dec 11 01:57:55 <Glacon> E4D: <… Fuck it.> Jason charges, firing his rifle at one of the orbs.: 8 (4df+5=+, 0, +, +)
Dec 11 01:58:38 <Artemis> 4df+4 Moving targets
Dec 11 01:58:39 <Glacon> Artemis: Moving targets: 5 (4df+4=0, +, 0, 0)
Dec 11 01:58:46 <Artemis> 1d5
Dec 11 01:58:47 <Glacon> Artemis: 1 (1d5=1)
Dec 11 02:00:36 <Artemis> Nice shot, Jason. The orb's light blinks, then slowly dims to nothingness. Meanwhile, Artemis grits his teeth and moves back into the melee, looking a little less pained than before.
Dec 11 02:00:54 <E4D> <HIT THE ORBS!>
Dec 11 02:02:02 <Artemis> The Sentinel SCREEs and flails about. Myrtle's turn.
Dec 11 02:02:09 <Dexa> 4df+2 She lurches over, picks up the gilded gun, and shoots haphazardly at the orbs.
Dec 11 02:02:09 <Glacon> Dexa: She lurches over, picks up the gilded gun, and shoots haphazardly at the orbs.: 4 (4df+2=+, 0, 0, +)
Dec 11 02:02:19 <Artemis> 4df+4 Moving Targets
Dec 11 02:02:19 <Glacon> Artemis: Moving Targets: 4 (4df+4=0, -, 0, +)
Dec 11 02:02:45 <Artemis> Not really a defense, so Myrtle hits it. It slowly faaaades.
Dec 11 02:02:49 <Artemis> 1d4
Dec 11 02:02:50 <Glacon> Artemis: : 3 (1d4=3)
Dec 11 02:03:47 <Artemis> Jason feels rather invigorated! It's as if a piece of him was returned, soothing the dull, searing pain deep inside.
Dec 11 02:03:53 <Artemis> +1 body to Jason.
Dec 11 02:04:07 <E4D> Fuck yea.
Dec 11 02:05:15 <Artemis> Aleece
Dec 11 02:05:20 <Artemis> No
Dec 11 02:05:21 <Artemis> Artemis
Dec 11 02:06:17 <Artemis> Artemis will not be thwarted by you, Scree! He assaults the Sentinel again, weaving in for an exposed bit of metallic body.
Dec 11 02:06:23 <Artemis> 4df+7 CC again
Dec 11 02:06:23 <Glacon> Artemis: CC again: 6 (4df+7=-, 0, +, -)
Dec 11 02:06:39 <Artemis> Wait a second
Dec 11 02:07:56 <Artemis> 1d3
Dec 11 02:07:56 <Glacon> Artemis: 2 (1d3=2)
Dec 11 02:08:46 <Artemis> 4df+8 Reroll due to Intervention + CC
Dec 11 02:08:47 <Glacon> Artemis: Reroll due to Intervention + CC: 8 (4df+8=+, -, +, -)
Dec 11 02:08:54 <Artemis> 4df+7 SCREEeee
Dec 11 02:08:54 <Glacon> Artemis: SCREEeee: 4 (4df+7=-, -, -, 0)
Dec 11 02:10:12 <Artemis> There is a sharp metal wrenching sound as Artemis tears away some of the armored body. Shining, golden light glares out from the 'wound'. Art will expend another AP to induce a -3 to PDef for poor Scree. Alice's turn.
Dec 11 02:10:28 <Maddy> 4df+4 Alice takes a page from Jason's book, waiting to strike then letting forth a controled burst at an orb.
Dec 11 02:10:28 <Glacon> Maddy: Alice takes a page from Jason's book, waiting to strike then letting forth a controled burst at an orb.: 5 (4df+4=+, 0, 0, 0)
Dec 11 02:11:24 <Artemis> Ahem, also, yes +2 to offensive attacks due to Adhelami's Intervention. This may change next round.
Dec 11 02:11:39 <Artemis> You can either reroll a +6 or make that a 7.
Dec 11 02:12:44 <Maddy> I'm gonna make that a 7. I don't trust our botty fiend.
Dec 11 02:13:40 <Artemis> 4df+4 Moving Targets
Dec 11 02:13:41 <Glacon> Artemis: Moving Targets: 2 (4df+4=-, -, -, +)
Dec 11 02:13:55 <Artemis> 1d3
Dec 11 02:13:55 <Glacon> Artemis: : 3 (1d3=3)
Dec 11 02:14:04 * Dawny has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Dec 11 02:14:24 <Artemis> Alice feels rather restored as the orb dims to nothingness. +1 Body!
Dec 11 02:14:31 <Artemis> 1d3 Intervention
Dec 11 02:14:31 <Glacon> Artemis: Intervention: 3 (1d3=3)
Dec 11 02:15:27 <Artemis> Lucky assholes receive +2 to PDef for this attack, as Adhelami's sheer will power protects them from harm.
Dec 11 02:15:34 <Artemis> Everyone Pdef!
Dec 11 02:15:40 <Dexa> 4df+4
Dec 11 02:15:40 <Glacon> Dexa: 4 (4df+4=0, 0, +, -)
Dec 11 02:15:57 <E4D> 4df+7 Jason raises his weapon to block, a powerhouse of denial.
Dec 11 02:15:57 <Glacon> E4D: Jason raises his weapon to block, a powerhouse of denial.: 10 (4df+7=0, +, +, +)
Dec 11 02:15:59 <Maddy> 4df+8 Interention and locking her suit again.
Dec 11 02:16:00 <Glacon> Maddy: Interention and locking her suit again.: 9 (4df+8=+, 0, +, -)
Dec 11 02:16:20 <Artemis> 4df+7 Artemis
Dec 11 02:16:20 <Glacon> Artemis: Artemis: 7 (4df+7=0, 0, 0, 0)
Dec 11 02:16:34 <Artemis> 4df+7 Sentinel
Dec 11 02:16:34 <Glacon> Artemis: Sentinel: 7 (4df+7=-, 0, +, 0)
Dec 11 02:18:37 * PaulS_laptop has quit (Ping timeout)
Dec 11 02:21:11 <Artemis> The Sentinel whirls about, blades flashing every which way. Myrtle is caught again by the wicked light and struck weak from the searing emptiness that follows. Artemis deftly evades the sword work, driven by Adhelami's pure hope. Alice locks down and the light blade striking her winks out, popped ironically by the bubble of protection Adhelami threw around her.
Dec 11 02:21:11 <Artemis> Jason, however, with a flash of combat clarity, finds the mind to level the butt of his rifle like a battering ram at the Sentinel's forearm, smashing completely through it, tearing the end of the arm off the limb with a sharp metal crunch.
Dec 11 02:23:55 <Dexa> She collapses, dropping the needles in front of ALICE.
Dec 11 02:24:15 <E4D> 4df+7 AP He comes right out of the block, steadily walking forward, firing round after round into the "wound" Artemis opened up.
Dec 11 02:24:16 <Glacon> E4D: AP He comes right out of the block, steadily walking forward, firing round after round into the "wound" Artemis opened up.: 7 (4df+7=+, -, +, -)
Dec 11 02:26:20 <Artemis> Ahem. For Myrtle, the searing light brightens everything she can see. Everything is golden light and hollow heat. Another orb appears in the floating orbit.
Dec 11 02:26:53 <Artemis> Jason
Dec 11 02:27:12 <Artemis> Oh right
Dec 11 02:27:33 <Artemis> 4df+4 Wounded!
Dec 11 02:27:34 <Glacon> Artemis: Wounded!: 3 (4df+4=+, -, 0, -)
Dec 11 02:28:24 <Dexa> She collapses still, clutching her head.
Dec 11 02:29:12 <Artemis> Jason drills the golden light pouring from the gouge, and opens up a few holes around it as well. The Sentinel shrieks and whirls about in a frenzy!
Dec 11 02:29:20 <Artemis> Artemis presses the offensive!
Dec 11 02:29:41 <Artemis> 4df+7 Why would he ever stop tagging?!
Dec 11 02:29:42 <Glacon> Artemis: Why would he ever stop tagging?!: 5 (4df+7=-, 0, -, 0)
Dec 11 02:30:13 <Artemis> 4df+7 Reroll with last AP
Dec 11 02:30:13 <E4D> <FUCK IT UP, ARTIE! ALICE, HIT IT AGAIN, WHERE I DID.>
Dec 11 02:30:13 <Glacon> Artemis: Reroll with last AP: 6 (4df+7=-, +, 0, -)
Dec 11 02:30:28 <Artemis> 4df+7 SCREEEEEEE
Dec 11 02:30:28 <Glacon> Artemis: SCREEEEEEE: 8 (4df+7=+, 0, +, -)
Dec 11 02:30:44 <E4D> …
Dec 11 02:30:51 <Artemis> Artemis is knocked aside by the flailing limbs. Alice!
Dec 11 02:31:57 <Maddy> 4df+6 Tagging Last Fucking Straw Catching the needles, Alice grits her teeth. <Stop. Fucking. With. My. Friends!>
Dec 11 02:31:58 <Glacon> Maddy: Tagging Last Fucking Straw Catching the needles, Alice grits her teeth. <Stop. Fucking. With. My. Friends!>: 6 (4df+6=0, -, +, 0)
Dec 11 02:32:13 <Maddy> She mad
Dec 11 02:32:26 * Dexa_ (~ten.elbacogc.emoh.AB16CE54-CRInys|alliztahc#ten.elbacogc.emoh.AB16CE54-CRInys|alliztahc) has joined #afteractionmission
Dec 11 02:32:54 <Artemis> Wait, what is Alice doing exactly?
Dec 11 02:33:03 * Dexa_ is now known as Dexanote
Dec 11 02:33:11 <Maddy> Oops sorry, shooting at the wound.
Dec 11 02:33:19 <E4D> Shootan!
Dec 11 02:33:27 * Dexanote is now known as ProfCF
Dec 11 02:34:04 <Artemis> 4df+6 Large gaping wound!
Dec 11 02:34:04 <Glacon> Artemis: Large gaping wound!: 6 (4df+6=-, -, +, +)
Dec 11 02:34:18 * ProfCF is now known as ProfChainsawFace
Dec 11 02:35:03 * ProfChainsawFace is now known as Dexanote
Dec 11 02:35:08 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Dexanote
Dec 11 02:35:14 * Dexanote is now known as ProfChainsawFace
Dec 11 02:35:35 <Artemis> It's flailing far too much for a clear shot. Everyone but Myrtle, Pdef.
Dec 11 02:35:48 * Dexa has quit (Ping timeout)
Dec 11 02:37:32 <E4D> 4df+5 Jason grits his teeth and swings back with his own blade. Just maybe…
Dec 11 02:37:33 <Glacon> E4D: Jason grits his teeth and swings back with his own blade. Just maybe…: 4 (4df+5=-, +, -, 0)
Dec 11 02:37:45 <Artemis> 1d3
Dec 11 02:37:46 <Glacon> Artemis: : 2 (1d3=2)
Dec 11 02:37:54 <Artemis> 1d2
Dec 11 02:37:55 <Glacon> Artemis: 2 (1d2=2)
Dec 11 02:37:57 * Dr_Kens has quit (Quit: Sleep, for studying tomorrow.)
Dec 11 02:38:44 <Artemis> 4df+5 Artemis
Dec 11 02:38:45 <Glacon> Artemis: Artemis: 4 (4df+5=0, 0, 0, -)
Dec 11 02:38:57 * Light has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Dec 11 02:39:49 <Maddy> 4df+4
Dec 11 02:39:50 <Glacon> Maddy: 4 (4df+4=0, +, 0, -)
Dec 11 02:40:02 <Artemis> 4df+7 Frenzy!
Dec 11 02:40:02 <Glacon> Artemis: Frenzy!: 6 (4df+7=-, 0, -, +)
Dec 11 02:41:19 <Artemis> All three of them receive the wicked lashing pain, and three more orbs bloom to life in the orbit. Jason's turn. +2 to offensive attacks this round, due to Intervention.
Dec 11 02:44:23 <E4D> 4df+7 Fuck it. He's going all out. He tosses the rifle over his shoulder, letting the sling catch it as he charges again, drawing the Goliath, and lunging at the entity as he closes the last few feet. He's not a giant, but he reaches as high as he can, vaulting up a little to jam the massive blade into a open wound, and crowbars the blade to the side.
Dec 11 02:44:24 <Glacon> E4D: Fuck it. He's going all out. He tosses the rifle over his shoulder, letting the sling catch it as he charges again, drawing the Goliath, and lunging at the entity as he closes the last few feet. He's not a giant, but he reaches as high as he can, vaulting up a little to jam the massive blade into a open wound, and crowbars the blade to the side.: 9 (4df+7=+, 0, +, 0)
Dec 11 02:45:42 <Artemis> 4df+7 Artemis attacks with Jason in tandem, the chisel-tip of his lance piercing and prying at the armor.
Dec 11 02:45:43 <Glacon> Artemis: Artemis attacks with Jason in tandem, the chisel-tip of his lance piercing and prying at the armor.: 5 (4df+7=-, 0, 0, -)
Dec 11 02:45:51 <Artemis> Lame. Alice?
Dec 11 02:46:24 <Maddy> 4df+5 Alice takes a shot at the wound, assuming it's clear. If not she just shoots at whatever /is/ clear
Dec 11 02:46:25 <Glacon> Maddy: Alice takes a shot at the wound, assuming it's clear. If not she just shoots at whatever /is/ clear: 2 (4df+5=-, -, 0, -)
Dec 11 02:46:36 <Maddy> Not liek it maters cause she apparently forgot how to shoot.
Dec 11 02:46:45 <E4D> +2! +2!
Dec 11 02:47:39 <Maddy> 4df+6
Dec 11 02:47:40 <Glacon> Maddy: 7 (4df+6=+, +, 0, -)
Dec 11 02:47:54 <Artemis> 4df+6 *SCREEEE*
Dec 11 02:47:54 <Glacon> Artemis: *SCREEEE*: 5 (4df+6=0, -, +, -)
Dec 11 02:52:22 * Tom90deg has quit (Quit: ~ Trillian Astra - www.trillian.im ~)
Dec 11 02:53:23 <Artemis> Aw yeah. Artemis punches a hole in the carapace as Alice blasts holes in it. Gold light spews everywhere and then absolutely -erupts as Goliath peels a deep gouge into the armor like a can-opener. The Sentinel screams in that melodic cry as it folds over and starts to jerk and break into pieces that fold this way and that, condensing into a ball of light that floats there silently after the shrieking fades.
Dec 11 02:53:23 <Artemis> It is still halo'd by smaller light orbs as it floats there, much lower to the ground than the Sentinel stood before.
Dec 11 02:55:01 <E4D> Jason keeps his weapon on it, not moving for a moment.
Dec 11 02:55:22 <Artemis> Artemis huffs and puffs. He swats experimentally at one of the smaller orbs, and Alice feels a relieving burst of health.
Dec 11 02:55:36 <Maddy> <Huh.> she bats at one too.
Dec 11 02:57:32 <Artemis> One by one, every piece of soul the Sentinel took from them is rightfully restored. Myrtle's intense headache fades and she feels fine in a minute or two.
Dec 11 02:58:49 <ProfChainsawFace> 4df+2 "Kill. It." She picks up her gun, again, and empties it. BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM
Dec 11 02:58:49 <Glacon> ProfChainsawFace: "Kill. It." She picks up her gun, again, and empties it. BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM: 2 (4df+2=+, -, +, -)
Dec 11 02:59:01 <E4D> Jason looks back at Artemis. <The needle-GAH FUCK!>
Dec 11 02:59:11 <E4D> He wheels away, out of the line of fire.
Dec 11 02:59:40 <ProfChainsawFace> She doesn't hit anything, then realizes it's gone. "Ah- I'm sorry, sorry… "
Dec 11 02:59:57 <E4D> <Hey, no blood, no foul.>
Dec 11 03:00:11 <Maddy> Alice has the needles.
Dec 11 03:00:19 <E4D> Jason pats himself. <Lemme check. Yeah, balls are still here. I'm good.>
Dec 11 03:00:25 <Maddy> <T-to the place?>
Dec 11 03:00:25 <E4D> *pats himself down
Dec 11 03:00:49 <E4D> <Artemis?>
Dec 11 03:01:19 <Artemis> Myrtle doesnt actually have any spare ammunition. If she opens the wheel, all the bullets are capped with slugs. Assuming this is a revolver, which I am mostly certain of.
Dec 11 03:01:19 <Artemis> Artemis turns on the Not-Artemis who simply isn't there anymore.
Dec 11 03:01:42 <ProfChainsawFace> yes
Dec 11 03:03:18 <E4D> Jason starts toward the gray doors.
Dec 11 03:03:27 <lilah> one moment plz
Dec 11 03:07:04 <lilah> A bridge then suddenly appears across the abyss of the endless fall to the vault door. Each tile floats up from the nothingness to allow them a way to the ornate door.
Dec 11 03:07:04 <lilah> However, as they suddenly start forward, within a blink, A familiar gaunt figure shows himself on the bridge, "Bravo, you have defeated the guardian. Couldn't have quite done it myself." He sends his hand outward, freezing them in their tracks. FFFFuuccckkk
Dec 11 03:08:09 <E4D> <Ffffff…>
Dec 11 03:08:18 <Artemis> Artemis growls with rage upon seeing the man so suddenly, knuckles turning white where he grips his lance so tightly.
Dec 11 03:09:10 <ProfChainsawFace> Myr's got that kind of expression, "ugh.", with a half-roll-eyes. a "of course." expression
Dec 11 03:10:51 <lilah> "The needles her grandmother gifted to her. Oh dear Maker, I would have never guessed it. It all makes so much sense, you know." He slowly approaches them.
Dec 11 03:12:03 <Maddy> Alice has her fist tightly balled around her, and is trying with all her might to hold on to them and move away.
Dec 11 03:12:06 <Artemis> Every muscle in Artemis' body tenses. ~You can't hold me, fool.~
Dec 11 03:13:12 <E4D> <Kaiinethal. You a top or bottom?>
Dec 11 03:13:51 <lilah> Kaiinithal is approaching Alice, "Now, all I need is the needles and this will all be over, hm?" He steps forward closer and closer, and then PLACES his HAND upon ALICE'S SHOULDER.
Dec 11 03:13:51 <lilah> Artemis and Echo, please roll Athletics.
Dec 11 03:14:10 <ProfChainsawFace> http://www.myfacewhen.com/images/196.jpg At Jason.
Dec 11 03:14:43 <lilah> 1d3
Dec 11 03:14:43 <Glacon> lilah: 2 (1d3=2)
Dec 11 03:15:07 <E4D> 4df+6 Tapping Defcon.
Dec 11 03:15:07 <Glacon> E4D: Tapping Defcon.: 8 (4df+6=+, +, 0, 0)
Dec 11 03:15:29 <Artemis> 4df+5
Dec 11 03:15:34 <Artemis> 4df+5
Dec 11 03:15:35 <Glacon> Artemis: : 6 (4df+5=+, -, +, 0)
Dec 11 03:15:37 <lilah> Tagging Scene Aspects: Artemis can protect me!! and Oh, Dahn Jason is very skilled… +2!
Dec 11 03:15:45 <E4D> Rage Mode Activate.
Dec 11 03:16:19 <lilah> Both of them break the bind, and Kaiinithal turns to look
fuck. He GOES TO GRAB THE NEEDLES!! LE SNATCH!
Dec 11 03:16:28 <Maddy> Alice panics silently behind her helmet. D: D: D:
Dec 11 03:16:45 <lilah> He slips them from her grip!
Dec 11 03:17:13 <E4D> 4df+8 Last point. Jason launches a good swift kick at Kaiin's meat and two veg from behind, the armored boot unerringly flying at its target.
Dec 11 03:17:13 <Glacon> E4D: Last point. Jason launches a good swift kick at Kaiin's meat and two veg from behind, the armored boot unerringly flying at its target.: 6 (4df+8=0, 0, -, -)
Dec 11 03:17:14 <Maddy> <N-n-no!>
Dec 11 03:17:39 <lilah> Compel Enlightened soul on Artemis.
Dec 11 03:17:46 <Artemis> 4df+7 ….
Dec 11 03:17:46 <Glacon> Artemis: ….: 7 (4df+7=+, 0, 0, -)
Dec 11 03:17:48 <lilah> 4df+4 FUUCCKK
Dec 11 03:17:48 <Glacon> lilah: FUUCCKK: 7 (4df+4=0, +, +, +)
Dec 11 03:17:56 <ProfChainsawFace> ._.
Dec 11 03:17:58 <E4D> >:|
Dec 11 03:18:12 <lilah> Kaiinithall dodges Jason! WHEW! Slippery little faggot. He darts away!
Dec 11 03:18:41 <lilah> 4df+4 for Art?
Dec 11 03:18:42 <Glacon> lilah: for Art?: 2 (4df+4=-, +, -, -)
Dec 11 03:18:50 <lilah> This is defense.
Dec 11 03:19:27 <E4D> Jason's handgun comes out, ready to follow on after Art.
Dec 11 03:21:36 <ProfChainsawFace> Myrtle is still stuck. She is slowly simmering. Slowly.
Dec 11 03:22:12 <Artemis> Artemis explodes from the binding and lunges for Kaiinithal, snatching up the wrist of the hand that has the needles. Artemis locks that wrist in an extra-violent, extra-forceful lock, allowing Artemis to snatch the needle bundle from Kaiinithal's hand. He follows this up with a swift, sharp, double elbow blast across Kaiinithal's face. Back and forth. POW POW.
Dec 11 03:24:56 <E4D> Jason steps up to him. <No time for taking chances.> He passes the handgun off as the blows continue, down to Artemis, out of Kain's reach.
Dec 11 03:25:23 <E4D> The rifle's already in his other hand, ready to open up.
Dec 11 03:27:07 <E4D> 4df+7 Jason takes the shot. Goes for the head. Quick, clean, professional. He understands the beef but they *really* don't have the luxury of fucking around at the moment.
Dec 11 03:27:07 <Glacon> E4D: Jason takes the shot. Goes for the head. Quick, clean, professional. He understands the beef but they *really* don't have the luxury of fucking around at the moment.: 4 (4df+7=-, -, -, 0)
Dec 11 03:27:15 <Artemis> Hold up now
Dec 11 03:27:39 <lilah> "AUGHH!!" He stumbled back from Artemis as he is released. Fuck fuck fuck fuck FKDJGDFGH He backs to the very edge of the platform, but does not fall. His nose, bleeding down his face, he shakes his head… And then sharply narrows his eyes at Jason. He makes no attempt to step off of the edge, as he may not realize he is on it.
Dec 11 03:27:39 <lilah> 4df+5 SUDDEN BURST OF SHADOWY MENTAL RAGE!! Roll mental defense plz Jason.
Dec 11 03:27:39 <Glacon> lilah: SUDDEN BURST OF SHADOWY MENTAL RAGE!! Roll mental defense plz Jason.: 4 (4df+5=0, -, 0, 0)
Dec 11 03:28:17 <E4D> 4df+4 Motherfucker, please.
Dec 11 03:28:18 <Glacon> E4D: Motherfucker, please.: 6 (4df+4=+, 0, 0, +)
Dec 11 03:28:49 <lilah> Jason does not take any damage, but feels immensely uncomfortable.
Dec 11 03:29:07 <lilah> Like Images of a pregnant and ripped open dead alice uncomfortable bug
Dec 11 03:29:11 <lilah> buh*
Dec 11 03:29:42 <lilah> …Which may compel Defcon honestly.
Dec 11 03:30:14 <ProfChainsawFace> i'll spend a Fate to compel that
Dec 11 03:30:21 <E4D> Iron mind, iron body. He's seen worse from Iyo, and he's given worse than that. The rage still takes him. The audacity to think he could inflict it.
Dec 11 03:30:27 <E4D> The pistol drops.
Dec 11 03:30:37 <E4D> 4df+8 And the blade comes down.
Dec 11 03:30:37 <Glacon> E4D: And the blade comes down.: 7 (4df+8=0, -, +, -)
Dec 11 03:30:54 <lilah> 4df+4 oh fu
Dec 11 03:30:54 <Glacon> lilah: oh fu: 8 (4df+4=+, +, +, +)
Dec 11 03:31:02 <E4D> FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Dec 11 03:33:05 <lilah> Kaiinithal ghost-steps aside with ease— he is the Destroyer, after all… Could he actually be dangerous? Could this little punk actually be worth something in person?
Dec 11 03:33:39 <ProfChainsawFace> "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"
Dec 11 03:33:55 <E4D> <COME ON, YOU FUCKING FAGGOT. YOU WANNA DANCE? YOU WANT A NIGHTMARE, YOU LITTLE BITCH? I'LL FUCKIN' TAKE YOU THERE.>
Dec 11 03:34:20 <Maddy> Alice jusr screams. It's a horrible, primal, angry scream. Oh she mad alright.
Dec 11 03:34:26 <lilah> In his move, he attempts to turn Jason's knife ONTO JASON
Dec 11 03:34:26 <lilah> 4df+6 Tagging The Destroyer
Dec 11 03:34:26 <Glacon> lilah: Tagging The Destroyer: 8 (4df+6=+, +, +, -)
Dec 11 03:34:46 <lilah> An attack at Jason, He is attempting to redirect the blade to stab him with it.
Dec 11 03:35:48 <E4D> 4df+7 Tagging that point I got a moment ago with the compel. Jason braces, launching another kick up at his balls.
Dec 11 03:35:49 <Glacon> E4D: Tagging that point I got a moment ago with the compel. Jason braces, launching another kick up at his balls.: 8 (4df+7=0, +, +, -)
Dec 11 03:37:12 <lilah> Kaiinithal grabs Jason's wrist, and gets him to turn the blade, gouging the suit a little, but nothing more. He quickly backs away to make distance from Jason.
Dec 11 03:37:30 <Artemis> Alice roll Athletics at this point.
Dec 11 03:37:53 <Maddy> 4df+4 God is she ever pissed.
Dec 11 03:37:54 <Glacon> Maddy: God is she ever pissed.: 1 (4df+4=-, 0, -, -)
Dec 11 03:37:56 <Artemis> Myrtle too
Dec 11 03:38:01 <Maddy> Not enough though
Dec 11 03:38:15 <ProfChainsawFace> 4df+0 Myr is stick.
Dec 11 03:38:15 <Glacon> ProfChainsawFace: Myr is stick.: 2 (4df+0=0, 0, +, +)
Dec 11 03:38:24 <Artemis> Yes, very stick.
Dec 11 03:38:55 <lilah> "In a mind, I am sluggish. In my own body…"
Dec 11 03:39:15 <Artemis> Artemis however… he takes three good, strong steps, charging Kaiinithal…
Dec 11 03:39:26 <E4D> <In your own body, you'd be fucking a pohn-pohn.>
Dec 11 03:39:32 <lilah> Compelling CC
Dec 11 03:39:44 <Artemis> 4df+7 Here it comes…
Dec 11 03:39:45 <Glacon> Artemis: Here it comes…: 8 (4df+7=0, +, -, +)
Dec 11 03:39:56 <lilah> 4df+4 FFFF
Dec 11 03:39:56 <Glacon> lilah: FFFF: 5 (4df+4=+, 0, +, -)
Dec 11 03:44:23 <Artemis> "GET! OUT!"
Dec 11 03:44:24 <Artemis> Anger, determination, and adrenaline course through Artemis' veins, his eyes dead set on his foe. Every muscle in his body relaxes as Artemis brings his leg up, and then tenses as the front kick snaps forward, exploding into Kaiinithal's chest like an unstoppable force.
Dec 11 03:46:33 * Nioki has quit (Connection reset by peer)
Dec 11 03:48:39 * Nioki (~PI.AB9185D2.D8A0C2FC.6D470EAC|alliztahc#PI.AB9185D2.D8A0C2FC.6D470EAC|alliztahc) has joined #afteractionmission
Dec 11 03:50:14 <lilah> Kaiinithal is kicked— no, SENT away from the space from which he was taking up. He gasps, his eyes widening slightly as he feel no ground come under him… Fu. He cries out, and falls into the endless black abyss, and into nothingness… He disappears with haste.
Dec 11 03:50:14 <lilah> In a moment, his noticeable presence lifts off the room like a 100 pound weight suddenly rising up. The air is easier to breath, the light isn't so harsh, the shadows aren't quite so dark. Flowers and leaves begin to crawl up from the abyss and onto the platform's edges, blooming. Upon opening, it is as if one is looking into a starry night sky. The abyss becomes fluffy clouds, sun light peeking up
Dec 11 03:50:14 <lilah> and shining into the room with heavenly streaks. The mind seems to be repairing itself with swiftness.
Dec 11 03:51:28 <lilah> Everyone is renewed with physical energy, and Myrtle and Alice are freed.
Dec 11 03:52:03 <Artemis> Artemis glares in the direction Kaiinithal drifted in, breathing heavily through his nose.
Dec 11 03:52:09 <Maddy> Alice breathes easier, moving over to Jason quickly.
Dec 11 03:52:10 <ProfChainsawFace> Myrtle is, indeed, freed. She shakes her head, holsters her gun, and stretches. "Impressive, Artemis."
Dec 11 03:52:13 <E4D> <HA! Hahahahahaha. That's what you get, faggot!>
Dec 11 03:53:32 <Artemis> Artemis looks at the bundle in his hand, then heaves a sigh. "We are not finished," he says. "Let us carry on." He turns away from the edge and starts toward the vault door.
Dec 11 03:53:57 <Maddy> <T-th- r-right…> Alice is a little shaky, but not a lot.
Dec 11 03:54:09 <lilah> Aw man, but everything is so pretty in here. Even a weird looking furry butterfly hovers by.
Dec 11 03:54:53 <lilah> Upon approaching the vault, the door suddenly comes to life, shining and sliding open for them, upward.
Dec 11 03:55:02 <Artemis> One moment
Dec 11 03:56:11 <ProfChainsawFace> Myrtle follows, looking around.
Dec 11 03:57:08 * ProfChainsawFace_ (~ten.elbacogc.emoh.AB16CE54-CRInys|alliztahc#ten.elbacogc.emoh.AB16CE54-CRInys|alliztahc) has joined #afteractionmission
Dec 11 03:58:29 * ProfChainsawFace has quit (NickServ (GHOST command used by ProfChainsawFace_))
Dec 11 03:58:40 * ProfChainsawFace_ is now known as ProfChainsawFace
Dec 11 04:04:15 <Artemis> On the other side is a circular room…. in a way. The door they just walked through completes a circle of a waist-high wooden infrastructure that shapes the room into a rough circle. After a moment to double-take, they realize that it's an enormous, automated loom. A web of countless threads are pulled into the mechanism in a great, circular array, seemingly from infinity.
Dec 11 04:04:15 <Artemis> The infinite threads are worked into the machine and woven into.. the floor? No… the floor IS the woven result. Looking down reveals a firm floor of woven cloth, bursting with color. After a moment of study, you realize that it's a great tapestry of a great Blackness, with blooms of nebulous reds, yellows, oranges, purples, in majestic cosmic clouds.
Dec 11 04:05:35 <ProfChainsawFace> "Good god."
Dec 11 04:06:09 <Maddy> <Beautiful…>
Dec 11 04:07:40 <E4D> Jason looks around, weapon up. He doesn't give two shits. Gigantic loom in her head. There's probably something else needs shot.
Dec 11 04:08:13 <lilah> Gigantic loom that is weaving THE UNIVERSE.
Dec 11 04:08:14 <Artemis> Artemis stares in awe at the impossible sight. Stepping around the room, looking at the loomwork and the tapestry…
Dec 11 04:08:32 <lilah> It's pretty safe in here. It's a vault, after all.
Dec 11 04:10:05 <lilah> *Secure the needles in the vault! I… I do not know what else to say…*
Dec 11 04:10:49 <E4D> Jason's reminded briefly of the time he knocked back the flask in the Restaurant at the End of the Universe.
Dec 11 04:10:55 <Artemis> Artemis unwraps the bundle and removes the needles. They glow brightly with a soft white light.
Dec 11 04:11:07 <E4D> He can't for the life of him remember the name of the bartender, though…
Dec 11 04:11:30 <Artemis> After a moment of thought, he takes one and kneels down, pushing it into the fabric of the universal tapestry.
Dec 11 04:11:56 <lilah> Sliip, the needle slides in with ease— and when he pulls his finger away, a dot of a star is left behind.
Dec 11 04:12:40 <Artemis> Artemis smiles with surprise, looking between the others.
Dec 11 04:13:45 <Maddy> Alice nods, still standing with Jason.
Dec 11 04:14:54 <ProfChainsawFace> "Beautiful…" Myr's still looking up.
Dec 11 04:15:01 <E4D> Jason nods as well. <This is all great, it really is, but I think we need to finish this as quick as we can, though. We're not doing Adhelami any favors by hanging around.>
Dec 11 04:15:44 <Maddy> <R-right…the mind is a p-private place.>
Dec 11 04:15:59 <ProfChainsawFace> She slowly nods.
Dec 11 04:16:54 <Artemis> Artemis pushes the other needless one by one in a dispersed pattern, complimenting other existing star clusters with them. He pushes the biggest one in last, in a place on the tapestry that is black and widely devoid of stars.
Dec 11 04:17:17 <lilah> Bing! Oh, how brightly it shines.
Dec 11 04:18:16 <Artemis> He nods and stands up. "Okay. Let us go."
Dec 11 04:19:05 <ProfChainsawFace> "Yes." myr steps out of the Vault, blinking.
Dec 11 04:20:25 <lilah> As soon as the group steps out, the door shuts tight behind them, and clicks. And then, upon being met with the now-beautified open space— they suddenly feel very sleepy, and are gently blacked out back to AAIC
Dec 11 04:20:26 <E4D> Jason follows, giving a glance behind him and recalling for another moment that first night.
Dec 11 04:20:44 <lilah> or when they need/want that to happen